[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 37

File: image.jpg (89KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 500x560px
Old thread >>8987667
Not posting links, use the catalog it's not that hard.

Recently I scored some pretty stained items from wunderwelt's lacemarket. I know the topic of washing brand is often discussed but would anyone like to hear my results after they arrive and I atempt to save them?
>>
>>8991658
Continuing the question of street snaps of Japanese fashion magazines, I was under the impression that all of them are prearranged and not "oh you look nice can I take your picture and publish it in this one mag"
>>
>>8991690
I know with traditional high fashion almost all "street snaps" are pre-arranged, unless photographers are milling about outside of fashion shows and taking pictures of the attendees when they are arriving. I'd imagine Lolita would be the same, but perhaps due to the niche aspect of Lolita there are some instances where a photographer stops someone on the street and asks for a pic or something
>>
>>8991658
Yes OP please, WW has posted some of my dream items but they are heavily stained and been too afraid to buy them incase they'd be unsalvageable.
>>
>>8991690
Magazine snaps are prearranged but in the sense of "come here on this day and we'll take your picture, if you're lucky you'll be published in the magazine"
>>
>>8991690
Nowadays they are, a few years ago they were more genuinely spontaneous. People would go to certain spots and hang around hoping to be snapped, or just get stopped in the streets, but nowdays it's prearranged and there's a queue of people waiting to be snapped for the GLB.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 640x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 640x305px
Virtual Tea Party anon here from the last thread, I've gotten a lot of good responses! I'm working on coordinating the best time for everyone and I'll keep you updated. Link in the pic if you're interested in taking the survey
>>
>>8991737
How does one even find that information? Is it listed on social media or in print somewhere?
>>
>>8991785
I've heard it on here and I remember originally hearing it mentioned in a Japanese YouTube video IIRC. The queueing thing.
>>
>>8991793
No I mean times and places.
>>
Why does AP have to rape Misty Sky so hard?
>>
>>8991812
Shut your bitch mouth. You're probably just butthurt that you paid $1000 for a scalped secondhand Misty Sky JSK.
>>
>>8991807
People I've talked to in JP have said it's announced on the official blogs or twitter, but I looked and didn't find anything yet.
>>
>>8991826
Yeah I've looked through the magazine blog and a couple shop blogs and don't see anything. Poo. Now that I'm living here it seems like a waste to not try it once or twice.
>>
>>8991851
Yo, same! I wanna go but no idea how to find out the dates yet.
>>
>>8991851
https://twitter.com/bible_staff

Okay I managed to find the twitter for the GLB that posts the snap dates! Unfortunately we seem to have missed the one for the recent issue by a month.
>>
Finally get to see one of my favorite bands at the end if June. They're gonna be playing in a comedy club type venue - I'm planning on wearing some OTT sweet. Have you guys ever worn lolita to a show? Other than the sit down kind?
I'm not sure if there's gonna be seating or not yet. This band usually does standing room only stuff but I've been to the venue before and it was more of a sit down thing.
>>
>>8991707
I wanna know how Kate got in.
>>
>>8991859
She showed up, got snapped and they obviously thought she looked amazing and gave her a full page photo. Because really, it's all up to the editors. They don't give a crap about western comm drama, they probably don't even know who she is.
>>
>>8991858
It depends on how you wesr it. I wore an AP jumperskirt to a big stadium show before, but I didn't wear a petticoat because it would be rude to take up that much space in the crowd. Basically, if there will be thrashing, don't wear accessories; if it will be packed, stay out of the crowd or don't wear a petti. Use the same common sense you'd use for dressing in regular clothes for a show.
>>
>>8991876
>>8991858
also forgot to add, a lot of shows I've been to involve a lot of throwing and spilling alcohol because you're in a room full of drunks so don't wear anything you genuinely care about.
>>
>>8991858
I wouldn't. But that's just me. Especially if you're wearing OTT sweet and have a bunch of accessories on, I don't think it would be very fun.
>>
>>8991690
What about the kind of stuff Tokyo Fashion posts? The way they write their blog posts it seems like the encounters are random but I get the feeling that they may arrange encounters with their recurring members (like minori) or there are kids walking around just hoping to be snapped by them
>>
>>8991885
I'm fairly certain that Tokyo Fashion is random, they tend to shoot a lot in Cat Street area
>>
>>8991858
Unless it's some Mariah Carey shit, never wear lolita to a concert.
>>
Babbys first burando is enroute to my house! I'm very excited even though it's just an oldschool AP skirt.
>>
>>8991914
Which skirt is it? I'm happy for you! Getting your first brand is always exciting.
>>
>>8991918
APs assorted cookie skirt in mint! Its not a dream dress or anything but it was up for super cheap and it's totally adorable.
>>
>>8991914
Congratulations, anon! Small fyi though,
>>8992055
Assorted Cookie came out in 2010, it isn't old school.
>>
How long does APUSA usually take to ship orders? Last time I bought from there was over a year ago and they shipped only a day after my order, but this time it's been a few days and I haven't heard anything. Should I contact them?
>>
>>8992066
Yeah I realised after I posted that old school wasn't the word I wanted to use. Whoopsies!
>>
File: image.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>>8992066
>mfw AC came out 6 years ago
I feel old gulls...
>>
>>8991858
Don't do it. Whenever I wear something remotely nice to a show like that someone will inevitably spill alcohol on me.

Also do you really want sweaty strangers rubbing up against your brand in the crowd?
>>
>>8992080
No worries, it's alright. I hope you like your skirt when it arrives!
>>8992086
Me too, anon.
>>
Looking for a bit of advice on easing into wearing lolita outside of meets. I have a lot more free time over the summer and I wanted to start wearing it every weekend, since I realised I've never worn 20 of my main pieces out.

The problem is, I have a hard time selecting what to wear to ensure minimal hassle. People always say that nonprints are better than prints for catching less attention, but at least loud prints are obviously a fashion thing. There are a lot of characters that wear poofy solid dresses, so with half the nonprints I own I always feel like I look too Alice, too maidish, too Bo Peep etc. I suppose the idea compromise would be a simple print, like a floral dress, but I don't own any.

When walking around the city heading to meets I haven't had too many bad reactions, but being able to say to people who ask that you're going to a party or going to meet friends for tea is like armor; it provides some explanation for why you're dressed up and also makes it look like you have places to go and can't hang around to chat. I don't know how to handle people asking where I'm going and what I'm dressed up for when the answer is nowhere and nothing. Once I get used to it it won't be so bad but I'm scared of being accosted by a creep while I'm miles from home on my first time out in lolita alone.
>>
>>8992095
It's all about confidence. You have to act like you own the place and you don't give a shit about any stares. If you get questions just say you're wearing what you like.
>>
>>8992095
I'm not sure how useful this is to you, since I wear black nonprint usually, and I don't get bothered a lot because it looks like normal goth enough for people to not question. I think more importantly, you have to give 0 fucks. Like, when walking around people will stare, and you just have to ignore them. If you don't have time to be answering questions, be polite but firm and it should come across that you have places to be. Wear sunglasses and earbuds. And if you are scared of creeps, make sure you've taken precautions like having pepperspray and stuff.
>>
>>8992095
>I always feel like I look too Alice, too maidish, too Bo Peep
This is the mentality you have to get over. I started wearing Lolita in a big town with a smalltown attitude, and I just dived right in. I got negative attention, but you learn to tune it out pretty quickly. You have to accept that there will always be someone who thinks you look like a weirdo. Hell, there are places where wearing a skater dress and a nice pair of shoes warrants a "Hey, why are you so dressed up?".
Don't let yourself get hung up on choosing stuff based on what will get the least attention. You'll get comments either way, so you might as well wear what you actually want to.
>>
>>8992095
>>8992095
I second the headphones to drown out comments. Ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>8992095
Sounds like you need to bite the bullet and go out in something ridiculous and decidedly flashy and attention grabbing.
Why the fuck should you tailor your wardrobe around something that is just going to make you more anxious?
>>
>>8991739
DNS cannot be reached. Do you still have this up anon?
>>
>>8992095

I wear prints everyday and I'm a total AP brandwhore. Just ditch the petticoat at home and it looks like a fancy sundress. The loud prints make it look very 50s I think especially if it's cut at the waist

Also I take off all the extra bows and bits and pieces. All over prints do better than border prints, if you have something like polkadot chocolate or petit patisserie or even melty chocolate donuts it could look like a slightly fancy sundress
>>
>>8992157
>melty chocolate doughnuts

your opinions are automatically voided at this.
>>
File: 1146.jpg (74KB, 180x320px) Image search: [Google]
1146.jpg
74KB, 180x320px
>>8992159

if you have the sack JSK version it looks like an A-line dress especially if you throw a cardigan over it.
>>
>>8992068
It took them 4-5 weeks when I got Chocolate Rosette from them.
>>
>>8992175
it's melty CREAM doughnut you twat
>>
>>8992177
There is no way this happened unless it was a preorder.
>>
>>8992095
Headphones make you an easy target because you aren't aware of the world around you. Just say "sometimes I get bored and like to dress up", that generally placates people. Who gives a fuck if they think you dress weird, in the end?
Dress up nicely, and then go out to do something. It can take a long time to get the courage to walk out the door, but in the end you will do it. Each time you do this it gets a little bit easier until going out is no biggie. Wear toned down coordinates, with any dress (the less details like lace and ruffles the better) at first.
>>
>>8992179

honest mistake, and AP names all their releases variations of cream, melty, dream, jewel anyway.
>>
>>8992187
>honest mistake
>doesn't even know the name of a super popular print

Or you know, stupidity could be to blame.
>>
>>8992184
It wasn't a preorder anon. There's a reason why I won't support AP USA anymore. I got my order from APJP that I ordered after my order from APUSA, before APUSA even sent it out.
>>
>>8992200
Ok, mine has been sitting at "processing" since I ordered though. That's why I'm kind of worried, last time I got an email or something.
>>
>>8992134
Yeah it should still be up!
>>
>>8992212
>>8992200
Never mind, I heard back from them just now! Thanks for your help, maybe I was just jumping the gun a little but I get a bit paranoid when I get radio silence for more than a couple days after an order that there might have been a problem.
>>
>>8992217
Good to hear anon. They do eventually do the things, it just takes a while sometimes.
>>
>>8991887
What days do they shoot?
>>
>>8992188
People forget names of prints, anon. No need to be personally offended by it.
>>
>>8992188
not that poster but you should really calm down. not everyone is into AP or can memorize print names easily. even I get all their print names confused and I'm into their sugary pastel shit
>>
>>8992188
Salt doesn't go very well with melty cream donuts, anon.
>>
>>8992234
Unless it's salted caramel
>>
>>8992089
Seems like I might need to ask /mu/ about stuff... it's an electric six show - I kind of don't see a lot of people going
>>
>>8992262
>doesn't really listen to our opinions after asking for it
Although I do hope nothing happens to you, ngl I'm just going to fucking laugh at you if it does
>>
>>8992262
mutant here. if you hang in the back and stay the fuck out of the way, wear what you want.

expect the worse, be glad if things turn out better than expected. don't assume luck is on your side. i never wear nice brand to shows cause you just can't anticipate for sure what type of crowd you'll get.
>>
>>8992237
That sounds good desu
>>
>>8992265
This, but good on anon for having decent taste in music
>>
>>8992318
You sound fat desu
>>
>>8992066
So 6 years is too early for old school? What is it? Post Old?
>>
>>8992324
I'm a whore for fancy donuts

>Brb stretching out your brand
>>
>>8992337
>I'm a whore

I believe you anon
>>
>>8992095
When people ask me why I'm dressed in lolita I just say because it's how I like to dress. You can get a little sassy and ask them why they're asked the way they are to point out that it's just clothing afterall.

Ha, looking like alice. Just today I was wearing a IW op to class and a guy called me Alice, but then afterward got flustered and said he meant it as a compliment and that he worded it weird because he "was really fucking high" ha ha alright.
Generally I get way more compliments than weird looks and interactions so I would not worry too much. I think alternative fashions are mainstream enough that people won't really care.
>>
File: r34t3rg.jpg (99KB, 257x278px) Image search: [Google]
r34t3rg.jpg
99KB, 257x278px
misty sky re-re-re-re-release is the day before I get disposable income and I'm salty as fuck. I just want my cloudy sack dress
>>
>>8992325
"Old school" generally refers to pieces that were released in 2006 at the latest, maybe 2007. Not sure what 2008-2012 AP is typically referred to as or whether it even has a title but it's definitely not old school.
>>
>>8992200
They used to do presales for items they didn't yet physically have. The stock was set aside for them in Japan, and AP USA was at the mercy of the Japanese company shipping it. They got a lot of complaints so they stopped doing this, from what I understand.
>>
>>8992325
"lolita"
>>
>>8992340
it's going to take a day for an SS to get back to you anyway?
>>
>>8992095
If GH can wear crazy OTT frilly sweet to the mall, you can wear normal lolita out too!
>>
>>8992200
Yeah, anon. That was the pre order stage of AP USA. They didn't have it physically in stores in the US so it was a preorder.
>>
Damn, all the newbs that flood into the comments on Lolita updates.

Will AP USA release it? What are the measurements? How do I make a Tenso account? It's too hard, so I only order through USA!

I get it, everyone is new at some point, but it's always the same fucking people.
>>
>>8992108
>>8992118
>>8992120
>You'll get comments either way, so you might as well wear what you actually want to.
>>8992126
>>8992131
>Why the fuck should you tailor your wardrobe around something that is just going to make you more anxious?
>>8992157
>>8992186
>Who gives a fuck if they think you dress weird, in the end?
>>8992339
>>8992377

Thanks for the advice gulls. I have no idea why I'm so scared about it all of a sudden, I've been out in lolita loads of times for meets but there's just something psychologically different about it when going to an event versus pottering around doing nothing, especially since my plans for the day are mostly things like thrifting and vintage shopping and I feel awkward going round cluttered shops in poofy dresses. Where I lived last I never had any trouble in gothic-looking stuff, but I've heard horror stories from girls round here about being harassed while wearing casual goth and I don't think it's as accepted.

My default response to shut up strangers who ask me where I'm going is to tell them I'm going to an event - other responses don't seem as effective in getting people to drop the subject, although I suppose I could always lie about where I'm going if I don't want to signal to creeps that I'll be in a public place where I can be followed all day.

I don't give a fuck if people think I'm weird desu, even people I know or see a lot in the area, I just really don't like it when people assume that I'm dressing this way because I love the attention and take that as a cue to follow me around.
>>
>>8992464
>It's too hard, so I only order through USA!
anon, we've been over this before. some just prefer the security that ordering directly offers.
>>
>>8992451
That doesn't actually make it a preorder. The items were available, just not stocked in the US.
>>
>>8992496
You are ordering it before the store has it. It is a preorder.
>>
>>8991885
Most street snaps are staged. Either the photographer contacts people they want to photograph, or there's a scheduled date/time and people come dressed up for it.

>>8991859
She spent about every day of her trip stalking Harajuku wearing a really ott outfit, and one day she got lucky.
>>
>>8992497
"A pre-order is an order placed for an item which has not yet been released. The idea for pre-orders came when people found it hard to get popular items in stores due to their popularity. Companies then had the idea to allow customers to reserve their own personal copy, before the release, which has been a huge success. Pre-orders allow consumers to guarantee immediate shipment on release, manufacturers can gauge how much demand there will be and hence the size of initial production runs, and sellers can be assured of minimum sales. Additionally, high pre-order rates can be used to further increase sales."
Preorder is before it's manufactured.
>>
>>8992513
A store does not have an item, but has the item for sale. You place an order for the item before they have the item, so you are pre ordering the item. Calm your autism.
>>
>>8992513
Shhh it's okay. Tell me where the bad anon touched you.
>>
>>8992474

I don't think you read my post lol Ordering directly (from the JAPAN stores, the source) is cheaper than the USA store. But newbs can't into filling out their Tenso form so they throw a fit a fit and go to the USA site , saying Tenso is too hard (when they're really just lazy).

I always order from the jp site, it's easy and has never given me any problems.
>>
>>8992532
But not everyone who orders from AP USA is like that, anon. A lot of people choose it for reasons like security, or helping their own economy out instead of just ~glorious nippons~. It's unfair to say everyone who orders from APUSA is lazy or new.
>>
>>8992532
anon, "ordering directly" from the USA store is also a thing. some people don't want to deal with services like tenso because of the hassle. again, we've discussed this before, it's why people use shopping services like CT to avoid tenso, even.
>>
>>8992532
i'd rather AP USA handle my order "directly" than have it potentially mishandled through tenso tbqh
>>
>>8992543

While a fair point, I've used Tenso for numerous transactions (outside of AP) and I've never had a package lost/damaged, etc.

Plus the USA store charges like $20+ on top of the dress markup even though I'm located in the states. That really sucks imo, but to each their own.
>>
>>8992548
If someone can afford it and prefers to do it I don't see why they should have others whining about it.
>>
>>8992551

I'm just tired of newbs needing to be spoon fed everything. People have made how to guides for signing up on the AP site and using Tenso, it's really not that hard.

People don't site things like security with the US store, they whine about how hard moon is and that it takes too long. That's more my issue.
>>
>>8992555
If they can afford it and want to spend their money that way, why are you so concerned about it?

Can't you ignore it? Why are you acting so #triggered over someone else's decision on where to purchase their brand?
>>
>>8992555
>and that it takes too long
well, to be fair, sometimes it can. AP can spring a release like this and if someone is too busy to bother with tenso, it's a lot easier to just wait for the AP USA release or to shoot CT a quick email and have her do things for them
not to mention if things are selling out bloodbath style, dealing with tenso is the last thing anyone wants to be doing
>>
>>8992560

You literally log in on the AP site and fly through check out (it even saves your card info too). When you make an account your Tenso address is saved.

No problem with SS's, I think they're a good option with a release like this where the site it likely to crash.

>>8992557

Sorry, but after seeing every single AP thread on Lolita Updates get spammed with "how do I buy from the Japanese site", you start getting a little annoyed, these big releases always bring out the most annoying of newcomers (who ask the same questions every single release).
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 450x557px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 450x557px
>>8992573
#Triggered

Seriously anon, why do you let them get to you? It doesn't impact you, you need to lighten up. Life isn't so terrible you need to throw a fit on the Internet over where someone else buys their frilly dresses for a hobby.
>>
>>8992578
stop using hashtags this isn't instagram
>>
>>8992590
How new are you?
>>
>>8992590
anon, they're using it to mock you
>>
>>8992095

I usually just get compliments or weird remarks. Nothing particularly rude from anyone.
The rudest part I find is when people try to take your photo without asking, that shit drives me up the wall.
I'm not rustled if people think what I wear is a cosplay/anime or anything, but if they just asked I wouldn't mind at all.

If they ask what its about I usually just say a Japanese fashion. I avoid using the term lolita at all costs.
>>
>>8992612
i'm not the anon they are responding to
>>
>>8992237
I'd wear a salted caramel print
>>
has anyone managed to make a non basic coord with Hello Dear Bunny's Little Enchanted Room??
>>
>>8992338
Thanks senpai
>>
>>8992708
I have it too, but desu, it is kind of a casual dress in my view. You could wear it super OTT, but with such a busy print, I prefer to just co-ord it with toned down accessories!
>>
File: 442871-3832-2015-08-20649312.jpg (330KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
442871-3832-2015-08-20649312.jpg
330KB, 533x800px
On the topic of washing dresses, I've had pic related for quite some time. (not my pic)
I've dry cleaned it a couple times but it's just so damn inconvenient.
What are the odds this print will run if I wash it on delicate/cold?

It's my only IW print dress so I don't know much about how easily their prints run
>>
>>8992954
At least if it does run its super fugly so it won't matter right?
>>
>>8992956
Damn, Anon.
>>
>>8992954
I've but my puss in boots through the wash without issue, but it might vary from print to print
>>
>>8992956
desu I have a love-hate relationship with this dress.
It was my first brand dress I ever bought, so it definitely has sentimental value, but I can't ever coord it well because the print is so damn tacky

>>8992965
I might try it then, wish me luck!
I'll post results if anyone is interested
>>
>>8992956
Harsh but true, and I say that as someone who owns mostly IW
>>
>>8992954
I had this but I only wore it once for a few hours, saw pictures, steamed it really good and sold it. IW tends to be ok, but test some of the red in an inconspicuous spot and see if it runs. It should be okay. I'd say hand wash it in cold just to be safe and then give it a very light tumble dry on low/no heat.
>>
>>8993110
Possibly vinegar to set the dye?
>>
File: image:162019.jpg (78KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image:162019.jpg
78KB, 960x720px
New diner-themed print from AP?
>>
>>8993324
Haha dang that was quick!
>>
>>8993324
Eh, I feel like we've seen very similar shit. Not impressed AP
>>
>>8993337
lol and all those holy animal prints and stuff have looked totally different am I right? Please.
>>
>>8993324
>was just admiring my small donut collection of AP items
>was preparing for Wrapping Cherry because of cute retro feel and cherries
>sees donuts
>sees cherries
>sees retro diner theme
Just take my money.
>>
>>8993324
It looks like a lucky pack design to me for some odd reason.
>>
>>8993324
I'm not an AP fag, but for some reason I really like this. Here's me hoping it comes in nice retro cuts and maybe some less jarring colors
>>
>>8993324
It's giving me the same warm and fuxxy retro feels that Honey Cake did. I love the print, but not too impressed with the uper part of the fabric design. The bottow is allready so crazy, the top of the fabric should be a little more subtle. Also hooing for some cute retro cuts and diner girl accessories!
>>
>>8993324
I'm a classic lolita with a 80% burgundy/wine wardrobe but I'm so tempted to get this because the print is so cute and I fucking love retro diners
Someone please talk me out of this
>>
>>8993324
That lace and ricrac trim look so fucking cheap. What the hell, AP?
>>
>>8993324
My body is so ready
let's hope the cuts aren't shit
>>
>>8993324
No free coffee refill, AP? Bummer.
>>
>>8993367
Why do brands even touch ricrac? I can remember multiple VM and IW pieces I just couldn't buy because it had the ricrac worm on it.
>>
File: 1445415988768.gif (955KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1445415988768.gif
955KB, 300x162px
>>8993367
Yeah I really like the print but the trim and the lace are ruining it. It'll probably have a way too busy bodice too.
>>
File: slide.jpg (179KB, 876x400px) Image search: [Google]
slide.jpg
179KB, 876x400px
so how much of a bloodbath was it?
>>
>>8993367

A bunch of different AP pieces have that ricrac shit and I hate it so damn much
>>
>>8993378
My friends who ordered through an SS had about an 80% success rate, those who braved AP Japan got it about 50% of the time. I wonder if they lowered the stock again or if it was just that popular.
>>
>>8993324
Yea, I really want this. I don't think I'm ready for the bloodbath though.

Did AP switch their release times or is it just for the last two?
>>
>>8993324

its not exactly my thing but I know tons of girls will love this ! Plus I'm always happy to see 2010-ish sweet style prints.
I really haven't been into the weird prints AP has been doing lately.
>>
File: 1442200282892.png (63KB, 578x547px) Image search: [Google]
1442200282892.png
63KB, 578x547px
>>8993402
I just hope it was that popular and will finally get an MTO. Maybe even with both JSK cuts and that blue the was in the second release.
One can dream.
>>
File: wtf.png (140KB, 928x605px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
140KB, 928x605px
the seller who had this listing up for Misty Sky before its rerelease actually happened has listed four Misty Skys since and one (the pink jsk) was actually bought/scalped for 700.
is there any way we can warn people and let them know they're probably a scammer? LM username is "Gan".
this listing also had no proof pics unlike the "proof pics" that came after.
>>
>>8993324
This is really fucking cute. I won't buy it because I don't really wear sweet, but I love this print and am so glad to see AP starting to get their shit together since I've hated almost everything new they've put out in the past year or so.
>>
>>8993324
>no crosses
I'm so proud of you, AP
>>
>>8993427
I think someone posted them here before too. You could probably take it to the facebook comms, i dont have an fb so i don't know the rules there. or just make a secret about it and obscure the username?
>>
>>8993324
Not a huge fan of ricrac but I'm intrigued by the diner theme. I'll wait to see what the cuts are like before deciding on whether I want to try for it.
>>
>>8993324
The print looks like something Meta would pull off; good job AP, for daring to go into the tacky zone. But there's something weird with the drape of the fabric, I can't quite put my finger on it. I'd need to feel the fabric in person before buying.
>>
>>8993324
Where are my cute burgers? (so had an idea for a retro diner print but never got around to it)
>>
>>8992095
People will stare at you, you might get heckled at, someone will probably take a picture of you without asking to laugh about you with their friends, but at the end of the day, you'll be okay. Just be polite and if someone stares at you, stare back because it will make them look away unless they're a complete asshole.

If someone asks me what I'm wearing, I usually just say "Clothes" if I don't feel like doing the whole "fashion from Japan" spiel, if someone asks where I'm going I just say I'm shopping. I'm not in a comm so I've never been to a meetup or anything, but I find being a single person in lolita grabs less attention than being in a group does anyway, since people will assume there is an event if there's multiple people dressed a certain way and try to engage more.
>>
looking for a SS recommendation. Looking for a SS who will bid on Yjapan and buy from Fril, I normally use Tenshi but since shes on vacation I need a back up asap . Prefer a person vs something like from japan.
>>
>>8993324
If this comes in pink I will kill for it.
>>
>>8993324
This is cute as hell. The only thing stopping me from buying it is if the cuts are abysmal.
>>
>>8993535

Japonica will bid on frill but the fee is a bit higher. When I emailed them about it they charge 1000 yen or something for buying something off the apps
>>
>>8993324
The print is cute but that ricrac and lace scream cheap Taobao and the fabric doesn't look that nice either. At first I actually thought this was a replica of some AP print that had flown under my radar. Hopefully this is just some show model and the real deal will be nicer, because I really do think the print is adorable.
>>
>>8993324

If there's an ivory color way I'm so fucked, I can't resist sweets. The cherries in this are super cute too. Starting to be thankful I missed out on Misty Sky.
>>
>>8993375
Ugh, tell me about it. Still salty that IW put ricrac on the skirt and normal waist JSK cuts of Classical Strawberry, forcing me to pick the underbust cut if I wanted to avoid it.

With less crafters around its probably just another trim to Japanese people, rather than being synonymous with cheap and nasty home sewing projects.
>>
>>8993586
This. I seam-ripped ricrac off of an AP JSK and it's actually really nice ricrac. Nothing you'd see sold in a store for home projects. But I can't help but think it looks cheap and ugly.
>>
>>8993552
How quick are they? The auction I want BIN on has 8 hours left, do I have a chance?
>>
>>8993695
You can write urgent and PP them the money before they confirm. Just double check their hours to make sure they'll be open with enough time to bid. Check their website, they mention urgent buys.
>>
>>8993427
the buyer who 'bought' his his listing, "SunSun", is also now suddenly listing a scalped misty sky in a similar fashion, so they're probably the same person trying to create false inflation while trying to look more credible
>>
I don't really follow new releases and only got into lolita a little over a year ago, are there any nice Sleeping Beauty themed dresses/prints? Preferably no indie brands.
>>
>>8993754
There's She Is Sleeping: http://lolibrary.org/apparel/sleeping-beauty-hem-frill-jsk-aka-she-sleeping Quite old and not easy to find but gorgeous.
And there's also this print: http://lolibrary.org/apparel/sleeping-beauty-jsk
And this one: http://lolibrary.org/apparel/sleeping-beauty-princess-rose-jsk
And this one: http://lolibrary.org/apparel/sleeping-forest-beauty-pop%E2%99%A5%EF%B8%8Eup-labyrinth-jsk-ii
You'll find more cuts of these as well as pieces by other brands if you search on lolibrary.
>>
>>8993752
someone else is bidding on one of their 'listings' for a black op set. i tried to leave a comment that they were a possible scammer but the captcha gives endless errors.
>>
>>8993764
Thank you so much, anon! I'm dumb and didn't know there was a tag for it.
>>
>>8993404
I am by no means an expert but I think the last few only, because of some national holidays? at least that's what I read on one of these threads

>>8993766
what the fuck is lacemarket these days
>>
>>8993784
no one knows
now i'm wondering if any other scammers have tried false inflation simultaneously with listings before, though. that seems like a first.
>>
>>8991725
All my stains from WW have been incredibly easy to wash out. Just a handwash with regular white clothing soap or spot clean and they're gone (even what looked like a blue ink stain, surprisingly).
>>
>>8992340
My salt levels will explode when I see the girls in IG posting their Misty Skies.
>>
How do you gulls decide between a black and navy colorway? Like if you have a wardrobe that's catered to wearing black, what would it take to make you jump into navy? Should I buy both colorways and see which I like best?
>>
>>8993865
If you can afford it, go nuts I'd say.
>>
>>8993367
>>8993375
>hating on ricrac because it's cool
>>
>>8993865
I decided on a navy OP recently because I figured out it could actually be coorded with a lot of the black stuff I have in my wardrobe, and I wanted to switch things up because I have a lot of black already.

What people say about not coordinating navy wth black isn't really true in lolita, because navy in lolita is more of a saturated blue than in regular fashion.

That being said, if you can afford it I say get both (I ended up getting the same OP in black too)
>>
>>8992265
>I'm just going to fucking laugh at you if it does
You'll never know.

>>8992294
Do they have like mosh pits and stuff or something? I didn't see them as that kind of band?

>>8992323
Thanks! Their fans seem very few and far between.
>>
>>8993324
I'm a classic lolita and usually dislike super sweet AP, but this is so fucking cute. If I was sweet, it would definitely be on my buy list. I think milkshakes are adorable and that color is divine. It's also a refreshing break from the usual crosses/horses/berries/chocolate shit they normally put out.
>>
File: 04251801_571ddcfb0d929.jpg (370KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
04251801_571ddcfb0d929.jpg
370KB, 500x600px
Crazy AP Tartan anons - I think they restocked the online store with all three cuts.

Though now the stock is now "order from other stores" status, but still figured it was worth mentioning
>>
>still waiting on indie designer's pre-order to be finished and shipped
>made the order in November
>complained about this and no updates on the 27th of April
>my HL preorder got here before this thing did
>designer popped into previous LG thread to say she'd have the last of the orders done by that week
>that deadline has passed too
>mfw

Do I have a right to be salty about this? Can't say I'm very much excited to get the item anymore since I've spent the whole time being anxious if I'll ever get it to begin with.
>>
>>8994130
AKB48-Kei
>>
>>8994143
Accurate.
>>
>>8994131
No.
>>
>>8994177
If she paid money up front she has every right to be salty about (presumably) multiple missed deadlines.
>>
>>8994177
Elaborate.
>>
>>8994182
I did pay money. It's basically money and an item I haven't had in over six months now. But she's done commissions and has had time for other things evidenced by her social media.
I wish I could understand what's going on with this designer.
>>
>>8994182
You admittedly raise a good point. I do tend to be more forgiving to indie since they don't have a factory.
>>8994183
I said no initially as it'd only been a week since that post. Thus, I wouldn't feel ansty yet since they could very well be getting the shipping all in order. Not to mention the person has a good reputation so I doubt they'd screw them over.

BUT.

As I acknowledged in my reply to the other anon, I may also have a bias to indie designers in that I don't mind waiting with less communication since they usually are just one person. And for that I recant my simple "no". It was not a sufficient or well thought out answer.
>>
File: image.png (460KB, 633x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
460KB, 633x478px
>>8994130
damn, this shit is so weird haha. You do you, AP.
>>
>>8994193
Nah, I can totally see the cuteness in this. I'm a sucker for military looking cuts though.
>>
>>8994190
>I said no initially as it'd only been a week since that post.
I took her post to mean that she's be done by the end of that week, in other words the 30th.
It's technically been nine days. So over a week regardless of how it's been interpreted.
That said, I think she could dispel a lot of the doubt with an email and a timeframe of when they'll ship for the remaining people.
>>
>>8994199
Agreed. Especially after reading >>8994185
that mentioned she's posting other commissions. I can understand feeling salty now. My apologies for the rude pithiness prior.
>>
I will never understand how brands get away with selling cheap plastic jewelry for so much money.
>>
Is it just me or does anyone else really hate when other lolitas have a "my wardrobe" album on Facebook. To me it's so classless. Why do you think anyone wants to see pictures of the stuff you have... Just wear it. And half the time the stuff the girl has is not even nice!

To the girls who have those albums, for the love of God, just remove them! You look like a 12 year old. It's pretentious. Get over yourself.
>>
File: l2N50NJ.gif (927KB, 480x271px) Image search: [Google]
l2N50NJ.gif
927KB, 480x271px
>>8994230
>>
>>8994230
I don't have one, but I actually enjoy thumbing through my friend's wardrobes just to see what they have. And I get excited for them when they add new things to their album. It kind of justifies my own purchases, I guess? They also have different tastes than I do, so it's fun to see the dresses I wouldn't normally notice.
>>
>>8994230

I don't see it as being any different from participating in the wardrobe post, or playing poupeegirl, though?
>>
I knew someone was going to say that.

To me we should just all be humble. Why would you brag about this stuff.

I mean I have plenty to brag about I guess. I know it's not really that much but all my dresses so far are brand. In my first year I had 6 new AP dresses. So no, I'm not jealous. (Sorry, I know I'm bragging here but it's on anon, so hopefully not as bad.)

I just can't stand when I see a "my wardrobe" album or new pictures added to them. It makes me cringe, I flo like the girl is insecure and is trying too hard.

Let's be humble ladies. Just brag subtly with on point coords.
>>
>>8994230
I think a lot of people have them because it's easy to look at a photospread and make coordinates that way. Digging through a closet full of 30+ dresses (not counting blouses and accessories) is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>8994257
That sounds like a personal problem, anon.
>>
>>8994257
I agree with you anon to a point. I think it's just dumb on facebook, because facebook spams your wall with likes and crap you don't want to see, so it seems even more obnoxious.
But I also wish girls would be a little more humble about it.
>>
I never thought of it that way, good point!

(It's still going to annoy me, but it really isn't a big deal.)
>>
>>8994257
it used to bother me too, anon. but eventually i realized those people probably don't have many good things in their lives, so just let them have their moment.

plus, it's kind of fun to see what people's tastes are like.
>>
>>8994230
>this anon is salty af that people dare show their wardrobes like any other wardrobe post
how fucking new are you, anon
>>
Sorry if this was already answered and I missed it but did we ever find out if the bust measurement for the eternal carnival peplum jsk is accurate on the website?
>>
>>8994230
Oh, fuck off. You realize people have been doing that since the LJ days right? And it's a common practice for lots of collector hobbies, like figures
>>
>>8994257
I love to see what others have in their closets and I made a wardrobe album for myself to catalog my main pieces. Why does that constitute being a braggard?
>>
>>8994230
Mine's not even public, but I love to keep stock pictures in there. I'm using many devices so a folder isn't the best option and when lolibrary is down it's hard to get a stock pic of a certain dress.
>>
>>8994257

There's a site called collectstor whose main purpose is solely for collectors to upload photos of whatever they collect. Apparently people just like looking at other people's collections, and sharing their own collection.

I still don't see how having an album on facebook is a lot different from that, or the egl wardrobe post, or uploading your wardrobe onto polyvore. A good part of lolita is collecting dresses, and some girls only collect particular themes. It's not always about the outfit, although being able to wear your collection is nice.

Honestly though, if you're only at 6 main pieces, you might as well start documenting your wardrobe now. If you're that annoyed at facebook just do it on some other platform. I'm at over 60 main pieces, don't have an online album, and starting to lose track of what I have. Thankfully haven't gotten to the point where I buy a dress I already own, yet. That I know of, anyway.
>>
>>8994046
I agree. I actually like the pairing of navy and black. Its done enough by brands to where I really don't get why some people get so up in arms over it.
>>
>>8994372
It does not.

Unless a wardrobe album owner decides to use the album title "Here's my awesome wardrobe, bow before me", it's just an album with images of clothes, nothing more.

But it's always interesting to see how certain minds work.
>>
>>8994257
Unless someone is going "LOOK AT MY WARDROBE GUYS! SERIOUSLY, LOOK AT IT!" its hardly bragging.
I'm too lazy to do it myself but I like when friends do it. It makes it easy for me to plan birthday and Christmas gifts because I can see what they have and what I could give them to go with their wardrobe.
>>
>>8993324
i froth it
>>
File: 120610090059.png (476KB, 501x584px) Image search: [Google]
120610090059.png
476KB, 501x584px
Meta: now doing ETC/otome for fatties. This print was never going to look good fully shirred, but they did it anyway.
>>
>>8993340
Did I ever say that they did anon? I find those equally boring
>>
>>8994230
Lolibrary has a wardrobe function for this
People can keep track of their dresses where they find easiest. For me it's lolibrary, for others its Facebook.
>>
>>8994257
Has it occurred to you that some people actually enjoy perusing through others' wardrobe albums?

Or that, you know, people use them for organization purposes and in case they need to put everything for sale?
>>
>>8994193
I like it. It reminds me of those AKB48 outfits
>>
>>8994281
Learn to reply properly, please.

>>8994285
Cute assumption there.
>>
>>8994498
I think the print is pretty cute but I wish it was a lot bigger and came in non-shitty colours. Also why is every other picture upside down? Makes it look like novelty quilting cotton. I love Meta but this is a miss for me.
>>
>>8994577
That's exactly why I like it, too! Except it reminded me of Aikatsu first.
>>
>>8992342
maybe the 2008-2012 stuff coud be 'traditional' lolita? it's more a style that normalfags could recognise, while oldschool and ott isn't really. so we would have pre-2007 being oldschool, 2008-2012 traditional and after 2012 OTT
>>
File: 1446611725577.gif (389KB, 1042x638px) Image search: [Google]
1446611725577.gif
389KB, 1042x638px
>>8994193
Wurt the furk is this?
>>
>>8994193
The skirt has a certain Angelic Outlander vibe.
>>
>>8994600
But not all lolita nowadays is OTT, and a lot of 2008-12 lolita was OTT. So calling the current era that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>8994258
I had an album on FB for that purpose but I decided to delete it and just make a board on pinterest dedicared to my wardrobe. Somehow it seems less strange to me.
>>
>>8994193
i blame idols and anime
>>
What do you gulls generally do about overstretched shiring? I recently bought a jsk with back shiring secondhand and the previous owner clearly had a bigger bust than me. I've just been pinning it to my blouse but I'd rather have a long term solution.
>>
>>8994744
Can you not replace the elastic or something?
>>
File: 162712-m-11-dl.jpg (37KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
162712-m-11-dl.jpg
37KB, 345x437px
>>8994744
If it's not too stretched, you could try to add some lacing.
>>
>>8994744

There's generally no way to re-stretch stretched-out shirring. You should just take it in to a tailor's and get them to replace it, if you want the long-term solution.

They aren't always caused by fatties either. Heat will cause elastic to stiffen up and break apart, plus they're expected to loosen and give way over time (a long, long period of time though), so if your dress is really old and stored someplace hot the elastic can give out sooner than expected.
>>
>>8994257
learn to reply
>>
>>8993324
Looks like Bodyline desu
>>
>>8994786
Yeah, a tailor sounds like my only permanent option. Thanks.
>>
>>8994252
>poupeegirl

Alright, I've heard this game was great and that it got shut down, but I remember a gull sending out invitations for a re-upped version of it a while back. The game looks fantastic, and I'd love to play it! (If anybody knows the website/can invite people.)
>>
>>8993919
>acting like a bitch about people hating gross cheap trim
>>
>>8994087
I went to a Melanie Martinez concert and was always being pressed against somebody else and with all that many people, started to sweat too. Don't risk your dress anon its not worth it. Pretty sure the band members won't even notice you so there's no real point anyways.
>>
I wish people on CoF would also write the name of the print/dress they're wearing, would make it a lot easier to find inspo

I miss daily-lolita's detailed tagging system, too
>>
How long does ego comm sales take to approve a post!? I made a post on Saturday that still hasn't gotten approved and I'm wondering if Lj just ate my post and if I should resubmit or if it actually takes this long.
I'm still using lj for sales becouse im an oldfag without a Facebook account and lm won't load on my laptop but I'm seriously considering making a fb just for lse.
>>
I feel so dumb asking this, but I couldn't find anything on google. The stock Closet Child post online, is in the physical shops too? In one in particular? Or they post from all their stores in the online shop?

>>8994972
Earlier I was searching for worn pictures of a print, and I couldn't find shit. I feel you anon.
>>
>>8994972
I know some girls do this, and I try to mention print names somewhere in my post, but I wish more people would.
>>
Trying to get the exact measurements for a pair of shoes, can anyone tell me what ワイズ幅 is supposed to mean? All I'm getting from various translators is 'wise width' and I can't figure out what that's supposed to stand for.
>>
So the next dress on my wishlist just came up on LM, but it's got some stains. The auction price isn't terrible, but the BIN seems to be within the same range I've seen the other colorways going for recently, despite the damage. I'm going to ask for more pictures of the stains (for some reason half of the pics uploaded aren't loading so I can't see the full extent of the damage).

Should I try to wait for the dress to pop up again, hopefully unstained? Should I just watch the listing and if it doesn't sell approach the buyer with an offer? The last (and up until now only) time this colorway and cut was on LM was a year and a half ago.
>>
>>8995057
>width
>hurr couldn't possibly be width

I'm gonna give you one guess

it's width
>>
File: 2015-21white__1.jpg (202KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2015-21white__1.jpg
202KB, 1000x1000px
UK GIRLS

>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171917379595?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=470831277539&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
sorry for huge link
these shoes are gorgeous, I just bought a pair yesterday in white and they already arrived. "Style C" is quite loliable, I've just hotglued/sewn some bows onto them. They're more like platform wedges rather than 'flatforms', so perfect. I know I sound like a twat but I'm just so in love with these shoeeees

>pic related
>>
File: howdoishoes.jpg (73KB, 338x301px) Image search: [Google]
howdoishoes.jpg
73KB, 338x301px
>>8995061
M8 I'm pretty sure no pair of women's shoes would be 20 cm wide. I wouldn't be asking if it was that obvious

>>8995066
These look ace, what's the fit like?
>>
File: image.jpg (203KB, 576x945px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203KB, 576x945px
Hey gulls, did anyone else order from Lief's recent stock sale of the Gardenberries print? It's a dream print of mine, and I excitedly ordered the milky colorway... I finally received my package today, and upon opening it was a bit disheartened to find that the fabric has a VERY distinct green tone to it, not milky beige like the stock photo at all :( I'm unsure if it's a printing error or if that's how the fabric actually is, and I was hoping an owner of the previous releases could weigh in. Additionally, does anyone happen to know if Lief accepts returns or exchanges?

For reference, the ribbon on the bodice is a true beige, which is far closer to the color I was expecting to receive. Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
File: asdiwj.png (195KB, 330x386px) Image search: [Google]
asdiwj.png
195KB, 330x386px
>>8995145

I dont personally own this dress but you intrigued me so I went looking for reviews... They are pretty mixed and it seems others have had issues with the colors. I'm sorry that this dress didnt turn out well for you anon
>>
>>8995145
I will get mine from my brother in the upcoming month... I hope it's not as green as it looks in the picture (can you take a photo in better lighting?)
Will you keep us updated please?
>>
>>8995145
>curdled milk
>>
>>8994999
All the online stock is in physical shops.
All the physical stock is not online.
All the stores have different stock.
The online stock comes from various stores.

When you buy online, they remove it from the sales floor. This means things can sell out from under you if someone buys it before they can go fetch it / update it online as the in store person obviously has precedence as they leave with the item (happened to me before).
>>
>>8995145
That looks adorable, weird green and all.
>>
File: foot.gif (8KB, 272x242px) Image search: [Google]
foot.gif
8KB, 272x242px
>>8995057
>>8995061
>>8995074

Pretty sure it's the width, not the flat width, but the width around the foot above the toe.

see attached photo, right side, dotted line around the foot.
>>
>>8995207
That's what I supposed but better be sure. I have a friend in Japan, so I think I'll mail them to ask and tell her the store where it's what I want. Thanks gull!
>>
Okay gulls this chick took a week to ship out something I ordered, and for the past 2 days it's been stuck at "label created," is this something on the postal service's part or is this girl being lazy and not shipping my stuff?
>>
>>8995228
When you do online shipping, it updates to that. When she puts in a mailbox or takes it to the post office and a postal worker is holding it, they will scan it and it will update past that.

In other words, it's still at her house, or possibly in a mailbox waiting for pick up.
>>
>>8994379
This is why I use pinterest. I love adding new pieces to it, I have it currently set to private cause it feels weird having other people I know seeing my wardrobe, but it's incredibly gratifying.
>>
>>8995243
If you use a drop box or leave it at the USPS store it often isn't scanned for a couple days. The only way to know if it's been posted is to wait or ask.
>>
>>8995145
I own the black it's definitely green tinged but i think its intentional. You know all those white bunnies would not stand out as much on a cream yeah? Its annoying when you have one thing in your head but the designer was going for another.

My personal thoughts were noooo green black. But artists have their reasons I guess
>>
Looking at an auction on Yahoo Japan and the descriptions says:
カチューシャはハンドメイドになります
Google translate isn't really making sense to me, it says something about handmade? I dunno. Can anyone tell me what the above means?
>>
File: image.jpg (315KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
315KB, 1280x960px
>>8995175
The sun was already going down when I opened it up, so I'll have to see what it looks like in natural light tomorrow, but here are some more pictures. My door is a very stark white, and the other dresses I compared it to are a true beige and ivory respectively. It's a weird color to capture; photos seem to do it more justice than they should :/

>>8995164
It's a little reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one with issues. Would you mind posting some links? My google-fu is not great tonight.

>>8995204
FUCK 8(

>>8995210
I think if I had anticipated the greenish tone I wouldn't have minded so much, but the fact that it's so far off from the stock image is what really bugs me. It's not a bad color on me at least so if I can't exchange it not all is lost I suppose
>>
>>8995287
The headbow is handmade. Kachusha is what they use in Japanese for headbow.
>>
>>8991739
Me again! Due to the amount of responses I've decided to host two times, one at 11pm EST on 5/13 and one at 1pm EST 5/14. That way hopefully everyone has a chance to join in, especially since everyone is in a bunch of different time zones. I tried to coordinate the times to what people said they were available, it was an elaborate process, there were multiple graphs and charts involved, so if it doesn't work out for you I'm sorry but I tried my best. I'm unsure about the platform that will be best to use. I lost my computer charger on the subway and I'm waiting for my replacement to come in, so until then I'm strictly mobile and can't test out if google hangouts or tinychat would be best.
Someone had mentioned in the suggestions that a theme would be fun and since the first date is on Friday the 13th perhaps a theme of Superstitions or something along those lines. Let me know if you think that's dumb and cliché. Otherwise just wear whatever! I also like the idea of coordinating sandwich recipes and tea varieties so I'll probably make another post about that. Sorry about the wall of text!!
>>
>>8995293
Ah! Okay, thank you.
>>
>>8995279
This print has come in cream, yellow tinted cream and green tinted cream. Lief just doesn't color check their fabric at all.
>>
>>8994600
Just shut the fuck up, seriously. In 2007/2006, people talked about old school already and it wasn't what was currently being worn. You really don't know what you're talking about at all.

>>8994693 also makes very good points
>>
>>8994852
You'll need to post for email if you want an invite.

>>8994894
Ricrac is cute. Do you even like sweet lolita?
>>
>>8995066
They're not lolita appropriate at all and look super cheap
>>
>>8995279
Sorry didnt catch your post in my last batch of replies! I can't help but wonder now if it's actually supposed to be more of a true black and you just ended up with a badly color matched batch of fabric as >>8995303 seems to suggest happens quite a bit. I image a greenish black still looks pretty and elegant though, as opposed to sad khaki bunnies
>>
>>8994600
Actually traditional lolita is already a thing. It's what Japanese lolitas call outfits which use solid colors and headwear like square headdresses and soft bonnets.
>>
>>8995342

so...another word for old school?
>>
>>8993324
I wonder if this will come with a matching bag. Maybe a popcorn bag or milkshake bag to match the print.
>>
>>8995298
A theme would be fun! I'm not sure how to coord for superstitions though.
>>
>>8994587
Totally agree. The jewel tones just don't match the print for me. I love the cut of the OP but I'll probably wait until it goes on sale.
>>
>>8995357
No, old school covers a wide range of styles, old school isn't just restricted to non print items.

You people really have no idea about lolita things do you?
>>
>>8995357
>>8995442
I think they mean traditional lolita as in 'traditionally inspired' like by historical fashion.
>>
>>8995358
>milkshake bag
My body is ready.
>>
>>8995016
I always tag what dress is worn in a photo, even when reblogging. I don't know why more people don't do it.
>>
>>8994969
>Melanie Martinez
Not the same kind of music at all...

also, I love E6 but they're not nearly as popular as her. Also not really pop music. They're super weird and silly for the most part and mess around with all kinds of genres but are mostly rock. So far there are like 40 people going to the show. How many were at the show you went to? More than 500 right?
>>
>>8995164
I think you're from Van comm right? I can show you how the black version looks if you like. I had the cream from the last round but sold it when I needed cash money badly.
>>
>>8995511
Not sure if you meant to reply to me (>>8995145) or not, but if that's the case, I have to say that I appreciate the offer but I'm from the Boston comm!
>>
>>8994498
I love the print, but the colorways are weird. I do like this particular cut and color tho. Not enough to buy it new, but if it pops up later for like $150 or less ill be all over that shit.
>>
File: 16-05-06-22-42-14-946_deco.jpg (2MB, 1987x2560px) Image search: [Google]
16-05-06-22-42-14-946_deco.jpg
2MB, 1987x2560px
>>8995145
>came to post about gardenberries too

I order from the recent Gardenberries sale, though I went for black.
Like I know the bodice is randomly pieced, but this is killing me.

Pictured attached
>>
>>8995650
Why the fuck??
>>
>>8995066
I'm sorry anon but those are pretty fug.
>>
Newfag here. How long does it usually take Angelic Pretty to ship items? I recently bought Misty Sky and did not get any shipping notification from AP or Tenso and wanted to know how fast AP ships orders.
>>
please forgive this dumb-ass question, but is the "†Mana" Facebook page actually run by Mana?
>>
>>8995747
To give you an idea, I placed an order from them on 05/02 and just got a shipping notification today.
>>
>>8994972

......And just a few months ago we had an anon bitching about girls who tag every single item in an outfit shot, calling it showing off....
>>
>>8995279
>>8995303

I got a green-tinged black as well, still not sure what to do with mine but it's somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one.

You'd think I would expect this, since I was around when they had previous colour issues, but I figured if they'd gotten to the point of having their own site, holding their own tea parties and selling internationally they would be better at not doing the colour shift thing again.

>>8995327

I actually wish I'd bought the beige. The black itself has a green tint, cue "my blacks don't match!" woes.
>>
>>8995650
This is hilarious anon, I'm sorry.
>>
>>8995781
The only social media run by Mana (apart from his blog) is the MdM twitter - https://twitter.com/m_d_m_official
>>
Secrets!
>>
>>8995511

This is really crazy and I knew you meant to reply to the other anon, but I am actually in the Van comm. I just wanted to let you know you are some sort of magician
>>
>>8995292

>http://kiznakasady.blogspot.ca/2014/09/who-dropped-ball-on-this-design-lief.html
>http://egl.livejournal.com/16104701.html
>http://milkyfawn.blogspot.ca/2014/10/september-haul-ft-more-chocolate.html - not a review but you can see the weird color of the JSK
>>
File: J21rGGE.png (415KB, 432x577px) Image search: [Google]
J21rGGE.png
415KB, 432x577px
>awkward fit

gosh I'm so tired of seeing this. just when will people finally realise that the cut is messy bc of those metal zippers sewn to chiffon and the full back shirring? this jsk looks okay on photos only if you straighten ur back af and/or pose correctly.
>>
File: holylantern.jpg (178KB, 539x900px) Image search: [Google]
holylantern.jpg
178KB, 539x900px
>>8995902
I mean, just look at any of stock or promo pics. even glb models couldn't make it look like an awesome fit.
>>
>>8995650
I'm so, so sorry anon. Whenever I get randomly placed bodice fabric, I feel as though I take the same gamble as you.
>>
File: 1422173388556.png (56KB, 275x281px) Image search: [Google]
1422173388556.png
56KB, 275x281px
>>8995902
>>8995904

mfw I have this cut coming in the mail
>>
>>8995902
I'm soo done seeing her and fucking secrets about her in this style. I'll admit though, it's been quite some time since she's appeared. But Shea's posted soo much when the drama with her happened that even seeing her after months of not still makes me roll my eyes.
>>
>>8995914
I've got the same cut as well and I love it. take it easy, there's just nothing that can be done about the bodice part.

>>8995919
yeah I'm aware that this post is most likely hers, but I just used it as an example bc I've encountered this statement oh so many times
>>
>>8995826
No we were making fun of some tumblrtard whining about that, no one (sane) really cares about how much brand someone else has
>>
>>8995212
That makes sense, thank you anon
>>
>>8995298
I'm so excited for this and love the theme! I have a good idea of what I want to do but probably won't get to implement it since I'll actually be out of town that weekend lol. However my seagull boyfriend is also interested so even though it's our weekend trip together, we might pop in! Hope it's okay though since he won't be in lolita (or will ;^)?)
>>
>>8995442
It's funny that you say that, as lots of brands use it to refer to old school as they don't use that term. Newfag.
>>
>>8995298
Ah, fuck it's right when I'm not at home.
Hope you guys have some fun anyways, maybe there will be a second time
>>
>>8995298
>>8995963
It'd be really cool if this became a monthly (? could be more or less often) thing I think!

Also, I remember seeing somewhere that someone would be interested in someone twitch streaming while in full lolita coords... Is that person still here? Would anyone else be interested in this? Because I totally want to do it. I'm thinking of doing a google poll and linking it but want to see if there's any interest at all first.
>>
>>8995792
Thanks!
>>
>>8996100
I thought that post was just a joke lol. If we bond together though, we could definitely do more virtual meet ups! I know there's that egl group on googleplus but I'd feel weird invading it unless they're joining in with us too. Also would like for the original organizer to be named so we can differentiate her easily... tea-chan?

>>8995298
Btw. You should also let us know your time zone too.
>>
>>8991739
>tfw someone is actually using the idea I posted.

Damn it, I knew I shouldve kept it to myself.
>>
>>8996127
I'm in that group and I don't think it'd be invading it. It's been really slow lately, I wish people would post more. But I think seagulls are accustomed to no self posts.
>>
>>8996139
And what, just drink tea by yourself lmao
>>
>>8996163
I was just making a joke, dont get all uppity jeez, calm your tits anon.
>>
>>8996166
It was just a comment and not even serious, maybe I should've used ayyy lmao that way your feelings wouldn't get hurt, you should be calming yourself
>>
>>8995863
Yeah, I've seen those before, and expecte very yellow, not light milky color. But the green shade is new, and I would be very unhappy if mine comes out green as well.
>>
>>8995854
I know who diaper girl is. I am so fucking disgusted with her right now. I thought she just had a medical problem so i never brough up the fact that i noticed her diaper to her or anyone. But now i know that she's using our meets for her and her "daddy" to get off i think I'm going to petition to get them perma banned from our comm. This bitch better be ready for what she has coming to her.
>>
File: tumblr_n9gkrd3ppI1qzu0fqo1_400.gif (988KB, 294x224px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9gkrd3ppI1qzu0fqo1_400.gif
988KB, 294x224px
>>8996244
Jfc. I hoped it was bait.
>>
File: mfnope.gif (1MB, 276x180px) Image search: [Google]
mfnope.gif
1MB, 276x180px
>>8996244
Are you trolling? Please be trolling. I can't believe that shit wasn't bait.
>>
>>8996244
I need more deets
>>
File: image.jpg (496KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
496KB, 960x1280px
>>8995175
Hey there, I'm back with a photo in natural light as promised! As you can see, it's still pretty obviously greenish... I don't hate it but it's still quite disappointing. I sent Lief a message on their Facebook page asking about the possibility of an exchange, and they basically said that all of their current stock is the same color; some factory dyes run differently etc etc, and that even though the color was different from the stock photo it still wasn't a defect. Cross your fingers that you get lucky, right now the odds seem a little bleak.

>>8995829
Out of curiosity, what size did you get? I don't usually go for black in lolita but this print is one of the few instances where I like it. I would be down to trade if you're interested--I got the L/XL.

>>8995650
Oh my god. How perfectly infuriating. I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>8996244
i was convinced this was bait, pls spill deets
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 305x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 305x683px
>>8996244
Take action, anon. If it helps at all, you'll have a bunch of people online backing you. That's repulsive and she definitely needs to be booted.
>>
>>8996127
I'll accept the title of tea-chan! I'm in eastern time zone
>>
where are some good places to get hime gyaru/hime lolita wigs?
>>
>>8996244
I think I'm in the same comm...I am so disturbed...
>>
File: 1444673019858.jpg (7KB, 150x137px) Image search: [Google]
1444673019858.jpg
7KB, 150x137px
>>8996348

Do you think it will be possible in the future to have a better way of letting people know the where and whens of the virtual tea meet up?
Like maybe a mailing list or something, idk.
I just want to make sure I dont miss them and that everyone can stay updated !
Thank you tea-chan for organizing this < 3
>>
New general this way >>8996394

>>8996369
>>8996244
Holy shit I was hoping this wasn't real
>>
>>8996296
Thanks for that photo... It's very dissapointing. Maybe we should all mail lief and complain about the green tint as well? I mean, it's very different for the photo they provided and didn't notify us about the color change...
>>
>>8996589
Might not be a bad idea. Even if there's not much we can do presently, hopefully if enough people chime in they will be more discerning about accuracy in the future. I gotta wonder what the carrot colorway must look like with a green tint to it, somehow I imagine it's way worse than the cream or black
>>
File: IMG-20160507-WA0003.jpg (234KB, 719x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160507-WA0003.jpg
234KB, 719x1280px
>>8996632
I actually got stressed and asked my brother for a photo... It seems like mine is the right, milky shade that matches the shade of the ribbon. I got mine around 2 months ago (when they first sold this version of the print) so it seems like it's a mistake with the new batch...
>>
>>8993535
>Continuing
Look for "Muuh SS" on facebook. She can only bid on yahoo acutions, not mbok though. But she can buy fril and mercari
>>
>>8996729
Definitely looks far more promising than what I received! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
>>
>>8996740
Thanks. The good thing is that this shows it's an odd, unintentional mistake with this batch. They should have notified the costumers about it, or never use this fabric. You should insist on refund imho, this is clearly their mistake.
>>
>>8996729
It doesn't match the ribbon though and is obviously greenish
>>
>>8995074
they're a bit snug but just need wearing in, the shoe sizes are bang on
>>
>>8994230
I keep mine on pinterest to keep track of everything that I own, and it's easier for some people to use fb instead. I like when my fb friends add stuff to their wardrobe, it's like showing off your new finds in auctions in a sense... (honestly, I hated it too for the longest time but I'm eh about it now)
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.