[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colossalcon 15: Corn salad con

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 394
Thread images: 57

File: logo_transparent.png (37KB, 566x91px) Image search: [Google]
logo_transparent.png
37KB, 566x91px
Last one's gone the way of Old Yeller.

Less than a month to go, are your cosplays done yet?

New shit this year
>Wig styling contest, 300$ prize
>Waterpark open until 2am Friday night for con people only
>Lolita fashion show and tea party
>Tabletop gaming relocated to Maui Sands waterpark down the road
>Wrestling? Battlebots??

Old thread
>>8936326

>Captcha: select all images with popcorn
Yeah that's probably how this thread will go.
>>
Anyone heading it from NY? How are you guys getting there?
>>
My cosplay is pretty much done.
I'm still salty that Nick refuses to swap my panel, though. What's so hard about swapping panels? I'm a first time panelist so maybe I'm not getting something. I've heard in recent years that the old panel director had no issue moving panels..
>>
>>8990483
This Nick Dude sounds like an ass hole... Someone should send me a pic so I can harass him at the con
>>
My cosplays are all finished except for a quick one I'm throwing in. I signed up for the wig styling contest, come May 20th I'll know if I got accepted or not.
>>
>>8990522
You won't find him. I heard he replaced himself at con so he can get shitfaced and not have to be responsible. You know it's great when the director doesn't even want to be there.
>>
>>8990544
Sounds like it's a baller fucking party/orgy tho!
>>
I just got one of my cosplays in the mail. I can't sew for shit so I ordered it. Starting the weapon for another tonight.
>>
>>8990514
>>8990526
>>8990577
What are you guys cosplaying?
>>
File: image.jpg (745KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
745KB, 2048x2048px
>>8990590
I'm >>8990577
>>
>>8990483
My cosplays are getting really close to the wire but both of them should be done come con time. And...most of them have a ton of layers. Gonna be a fun time.
>>
>>8990483
>are your cosplays done yet?
Mostly. Four days, not sure if I want to do 4 different cosplays or wear one twice and 3 are good to go.
>Waterpark open until 2am Friday night for con people only
Is a Spectator Pass worth it for the other days? I don't have any intention of swimming or getting on any rides. But I still want to take pictures.
>>
File: colossal.png (343KB, 874x594px) Image search: [Google]
colossal.png
343KB, 874x594px
>>8990590
I'm >8990514
>>
File: ku8oUhP.jpg (236KB, 766x1053px) Image search: [Google]
ku8oUhP.jpg
236KB, 766x1053px
>>8990777
I'm assuming this is in order of the weekend, yeah? I'm sad I'll miss your Cure March since I'm only going for Saturday. I did Cure Peace last year.

Anyways, I'll be there as Ranran and bringing my younger sister as Anzu.
>>
>>8990781
Yeah, pretty much. My Pretty Cure panel was scheduled for Friday at 11 am. I hope to see you again this year!
>>
>>8990795
Aw man, I'm sad that I'm gonna end up missing that. ;_;
>>
File: colcos.png (203KB, 752x352px) Image search: [Google]
colcos.png
203KB, 752x352px
>>8990632
>Aladdin
I can't wait to see. I dropped the main series but I hear Sinbad's arcs are much more interesting.

>>8990590
I'm gonna burn in that sweater.
>>
File: 349857634985763498573.png (1MB, 885x999px) Image search: [Google]
349857634985763498573.png
1MB, 885x999px
>>8990590
>>8990590
I'm >8990526
>>
>>8989310

For the people in the old thread asking about/criticizing the hot pocket panel, it's actually a brilliantly presented critique about Fedora/MRA/xbox live culture. That panel was the last time I laughed so hard I legitimately cried.

The fucking dude who ran it presented the fedora thing and was like "what's the link here? why do hot pocket lovers also love fedoras?" and he fucking pulls the fedora off to reveal a hot pocket duct taped to the inside for safe keeping.

If you don't think that's amazing then maybe this isn't the right con for you
>>
>>8990544
Are you kidding? He never leaves ... he pretty much runs around the con making sure everything is running the whole weekend ... it's actually kind of annoying because you don't get a reprieve from him. However unlike other shitlord staffers he isn't too bad if you get to know him.
>>
File: colossal2016.jpg (740KB, 1965x780px) Image search: [Google]
colossal2016.jpg
740KB, 1965x780px
>>8990723
>most of them have a ton of layers.
Just remember to keep hydrated and make sure those layers are removable if need be. A couple years ago someone ended up in the security room because they almost got heatstroke.

>>8990725
They're 10$ and can only be used that day, iirc. If you're staying at the Kalahari you get waterpark wristbands for however many people your room allows, so unless you're at one of the other hotels you'll probably already have a full access wristband.

Also you may end up wanting it for the lazy river. Personally I don't go on the big rides but lazy river and hot tub bar are life.
>>
>>8991000
I'll be at the Grey Wolf and there's not enough wrist bands to go around my group unfortunately. Hot tub bar does sound nice though.
>>
>>8990991
If it's satirical it should be made clear from the title that it is. And even if it's it good that shit does not deserve three fucking hours. Hell to the fuck no.
>>
File: Lineup.jpg (533KB, 2600x752px) Image search: [Google]
Lineup.jpg
533KB, 2600x752px
>>8991000
Oh trust me, I know all too well haha.
>>
File: Colossalcuck2016lineup.png (709KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Colossalcuck2016lineup.png
709KB, 1000x1000px
>>8990590
The maybes are probably no's at this point but, a seagull can dream.
>>
>>8991066
>If it's satirical it should be made clear from the title that it is
It's a panel titled "Hot Pocket Docket", I think that's a dead giveaway.

>>8991056
Oh, balls. Well, maybe a spectator pass would be a good idea, then. Hot tub bar is usually packed ass to ass on Fri and Sat during reasonable hours.
>>
>>8991203
Nobody knows wtf a docket is.
>>
File: hry1.png (43KB, 778x531px) Image search: [Google]
hry1.png
43KB, 778x531px
>>8991224
>>
>>8991228
You think con goers are going to look up a definition? It sounds like some in-joke. And nobody is going to get that "a hot pocket calendar or list of cases" is going to be a satirical shitposting seminar. They can do better.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160504-012323~3.jpg (124KB, 1360x725px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160504-012323~3.jpg
124KB, 1360x725px
>>8991228
>>8991254
I was thinking it more along the lines of this definition.
>>
>>8991224
You don't need to.

It is a panel called Hot Pocket Docket: Fedoras on Fyre

It is a panel with "Hot Pocket" in the title, followed by an allusion to immolated hats.

If you can't grasp that it's likely satirical, you were probably launched headfirst out of a potato canon straight into a reinforced concrete wall as an infant.
>>
>>8991345
>>8991066
From what I can gather in this exchange, a bunch of losers are going to be bashing other losers for three hours. And they're bringing "babes" so that said holier-than-thou losers can feel marginally better about themselves within our already ostracized community. Congratulations.
>>
>>8990483
Bump
>>
>>8991519
Sorry that your friends "come ask me questions while i am dressed up as Dr Who" panel got rejected
>>
>>8991622
>come ask me questions while i am dressed up as
I never got the appeal of this. I see it in youtube comments, it's a never ending thing on tumblr, twitter, ect. But unless it's the actual VA or creator (like the Ask Bill Cipher on reddit) it's just some guy/gal spouting fanfiction.
>>
Anyone planning on submitting an owari no seraph photoshoot? I'd submit one myself but I really hate running shoots.
>>
New thread, new Hate

Shit schedule general
>>
>>8991628
No one gets the appeal that is why they are often rejected and then people cry about it. The second someones panel / friends panel gets rejected the schedule is shit
>>
>>8991628
>it's just some guy/gal spouting fanfiction.
It really is, and Tumblr character blogs have convinced me most people who are into this sort of thing have zero ability to actually properly represent their characters without turning into meme-shitting assnards.

The Hetalitards are the worst when they act as countries they're not from and are sometimes bordering on racist.

Character Q&A's are a cancer and for all the bitching about the schedule I'm glad Colossal bans them.

>>8991646
>The second someones panel / friends panel gets rejected the schedule is shit
And it's usually for good reason like it's too similar to another panel or they didn't make it sound appealing enough in the submission.

I'm still a little sad no one submitted/approved an FFxiv panel. I was really hoping for one.

>>8991631
You may have better luck asking in the FB group if anyone is interested in running one.
>>
>>8991743
On your second part i think you mis understood i meant that "as soon as their friends panel gets rejected they think that the schedule is shit and no one knows what they are doing and they could run programming sooooo much better" I totally get where you are coming from
>>
>>8991743
>FFxiv panel
I'd have liked to see that too depending on what the intent was. I'm not even done with the initial story line but I still love it. A shame /xivg/ is practically liquid cancer.

>without turning into meme-shitting assnards.
I think that's what people want. See Memepool. The one and only time this was done by a fan and I actually loved it was Freeman's Mind.
>>
>>8991748
Nah, I got what you meant, I was saying that panels usually get rejected for valid reasons but people still get mad just because they feel entitled and don't really understand the world doesn't revolve around them.

I can understand the disappointment people feel when the panel they were looking forward to running gets rejected, but just because they're disappointed doesn't mean they need to go on a hate tirade about it.

>mfw some guy flipped shit on the forums a few years ago, attacking staff so much he's (afaik) the only ban the forums have ever had that wasn't a spambot.

>>8991767
>I'd have liked to see that too depending on what the intent was. I'm not even done with the initial story line but I still love it. A shame /xivg/ is practically liquid cancer.
I've toyed with the idea of running either an FFxiv panel or a general non-WoW MMORPG panel, but I lack the stage presence to run a good panel and I'm glued to a chair in con ops for a third of the day so I don't really have the time/energy.

What server are you on?

And yeah I love the storyline, best I've seen in an MMORPG (but that's to be expected for FF). I gets gooood in Heavensward.
>>
>>8991798
>What server are you on?
Sargatanas. I keep, literally, getting side tracked by the Golden Saucer and just running around to the point where I STILL haven't done Ifrit.

>be DPS
>party never
>get distracted by new area
>lost in lv 40+ zone
>>
Room rates and booking info posted. Prices didn't seem to change much, if at all. Limiting rooms to two per person is interesting. Worst part is when the lines start, not sure why they didn't go with early morning again.
>>
How are the lines? I hear picking up my badge wont be that bad, but I don't know what to expect for the others.
>>
>>8991842
Booking begins 5pm on Friday, that is absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>8990483
How much will the Waterpark be for con goers? For a day?
>>
>>8991842
Are they going to apply the con rate? When I booked at the sands desk last year, they required me to pay for an extra day (Thursday) but didn't give me con rate. The woman at the desk told me I'd have to call in Monday in order to get the discount. I ended up canceling my room at the other desk, called monday and low and behold, all the rooms were sold out.
>>
>>8990483
OK sort of confused. I see that there will be 350 discounted admissions to the water park. Do you have to buy those the day of? I was planning on just coming up for Saturday.

Will I be good if I get there by like 8/9 am?

I just don't want to come up to see that I can't get into the water park.
>>
File: 1418884202319.jpg (58KB, 440x582px) Image search: [Google]
1418884202319.jpg
58KB, 440x582px
>>8991845
Typically there really aren't any other lines aside from autographs and the rave, and those usually aren't that bad.

Since the con has the entire building, there's badge checks at every entrance to the con center and once you're in, you're in. No lines for individual panel/event rooms, dealer's room, etc like there are at some other cons.

Really popular 18+ panels might have a line for ID check, but the con has wristbands people can pick up at con ops so they don't have to show ID at every panel, so those lines go lightning fast.

>>8991976
There was a huge stink about this a few months ago, it's actually the hotel that does this, and Colossal apparently has no control over it.

>>8992019
28$, get them in con ops. They're first come, first server so earlier is better. In the past, Saturday has been the only day they've run out, though.

>>8992032
>Do you have to buy those the day of?
Yeah. You buy them the day you want to go to the waterpark, and they're only usable on that day. Like I said to the other Anon, earlier is better (esp for Saturday).

>>8991823
Ah damn, I play on Faerie.

I'm the opposite. I keep avoiding the saucer like the plague and blew through the story quests.
>>
>>8992058
I would assume that first available time to purchase on Saturday is at 8am? Per the schedule?
>>
>>8992062
It's at noon on Saturday.
>>
>>8992081
WTF you can't get into the Waterpark until freaking noon?
>>
>>8992062
The waterpark opens at 10 and they wristbands typically come in around 9-9:30.

No idea what >>8992081 is talking about unless something changed.
>>
>>8992087
Booking rooms for 2017 on Saturday begins at noon, my apologies.
>>
>>8992087
Thank you!
>>
>>8992058
Thanks for the info. Though I do like the sound of the ID system. Don't see how it'll stop people from swapping them but still nice to not have to stop.
>>
>>8992087
If I wanted to rent a bungalow or Waterpark room. What do those usually run?
>>
>>8992058
Where do I buy my con badge when I get there?

My plan is to come up and buy both the Waterpark and con pass cash on Saturday morning.
>>
>>8992087
What if you don't have a con badge and just want to go to the Friday night Waterpark thing? The site says it's only $10, is that correct?
>>
File: reg-map.jpg (39KB, 399x539px) Image search: [Google]
reg-map.jpg
39KB, 399x539px
Sorry if my responses are a bit slow. Trying to make sure answers are as detailed/accurate as possible.

>>8992090
Oh, no worries!

>>8992094
You're welcome!

>>8992103
When I saw them handing out the wristbands, staff were putting them on rather than handing them out for people to put on, so only the most skilled hand-contortionists could get them off to swap them. (it does make it a bit inconvenient for cosplayers, though)

>>8992106
That's more Kalahari territory than Colossal since the cabanas/bungalows aren't really part of the con, and from what I know, prices aren't set in stone but are usually 99-300$. They're not really "rooms" either, more like bamboo and straw "huts" with no real door/privacy or anything and they can get quite hot.

>>8992110
See pic related.

Since you're coming Saturday, ignore spot #2. Spot #1 will be full service (at the door and pre-reg), but if you're coming down from the hotel area, you'll need to head outside and walk around the convention center, since that spot is at the opposite end from the hotel entrance. Once you get your badge, just cut through the con area to go to con ops for the wristbands. You should have enough time to do both and not miss out on waterpark wristbands.

(For anyone else new, spot #2 is only open Thu+Fri and handles both pre-reg and at-the-door, while on those days only, #1 is exclusively for at-the-door reg)

>>8992140
It's for con attendees only, so you'll have to have a badge.
>>
>>8992156
If we are in the Waterpark already would we get kicked out, or can we just stay in there?
>>
>>8992176
There's an hour between the closing and opening times so the Kalahari can clear out the park and prepare for the attendees. So it wouldn't work.
>>
>>8992193
So they are badge checking the water park too? That's going to be a ridiculous line.

Is it at least 21+?
>>
>>8992425
Badge check or not, we have to stop people to get the 10$ admission which technically takes more time than flashing a badge.

You show your badge and pay the 10$ and get the wristband for the event, but this exchange starts at 10, an hour before the event, and I'm assuming most people are going to want to get there ASAP so while there's inevitably going to be a line, the earlier you get there the less your chances of missing time in the waterpark.

>Is it at least 21+?
No, but the rave is almost the same hours (10-2) so I'm betting most of the kids will be at that or locked in their rooms by their parents.
>>
File: 1417787585749.png (681KB, 788x788px) Image search: [Google]
1417787585749.png
681KB, 788x788px
Do people wear costumes or swim on Thursdays? My first time going to Colossal.
>>
>>8992761
Yeah, Thurs isn't a major activity day, but people will hang out in cosplay near the con center before it even officially opens up, and hang out at the waterpark as soon as they can.
>>
>>8992780

Neat. I'll get started on planning my lineup. Thanks
>>
File: supb.gif (2MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
supb.gif
2MB, 294x233px
Would it be bad to propose a meetup for /cgl/? I'm pretty sure I've meet some of you guys around other Ohio cons also.....
>>
>>8992862
Cgl usually has meetups, but they're typically planned closer to the con. Last year's was successful apparently.
>>
>>8992900
Last year's was really good fun and I made some great friends to spend time with over the weekend. I hope this years is just as good as I'd like to see everyone again.
>>
>>8990590
I dont get in until late became of a combination of going to AN, memorial day, work, having to pick up a friend and running a panel as soon as I get in, but I'll try to make the best of it.
>>
>>8993031
>>8992900

Last year's was excellent. Can we get kicked out of a villa party again?
>>
>>8992156
So looking at the prices and such... Saturday looks like the most bumping pool party day?
>>
Reminder for anyone who hasn't gotten their pass yet. You can still Pre-reg until midnight tonight!
>>
The night time water park thing kind of disturbs me. Pools need a time to clean from having so many people in them. It already gets really gross during colossalcon, especially the hot tubs. So it'll probably be even worse this year.
>>
>>8993593
What backward ass logic is this? Pool chemicals don't magically become more potent when there are less people in them, and whatever benefits the extra water circulation might possibly give wouldn't be negated just because the pool is closed for 6 hours instead of the usual 9.
>>
>>8993593
It's not like they won't clean it. They'll just do it after the event.
>>
>>8993593
>>8993643
>>8993648
Keep in mind there's also a whole hour between official waterpark closing hour and the opening of this event. While that's mostly to clear people out of the waterpark since this is a con-only, paid event, I'm sure some clean-up will be done (especially for the hot tub bar) in that time.

The Kalahari website FAQ about waterpark hours actually states they do extend hours for some events, so while something like this isn't common, I'm sure they've done it before and know how to do it without risking cleanliness.
>>
thursday- just getting ticket and checking things out, maybe aradia
friday- alois trancy
saturday-aradia, again
sunday- I'm too tired to put anything on at that point :x
>>
>>8993380
Kicked out?
>>
>>8993828
Ye, to be clear it wasn't just our group. We went to a party in one of the villas. One of the people who were staying there, I think it was acksonl or whatever, he accuses everyone of stealing some fancy camera, and kicks everyone out. Dumbass realized he just misplaced it later.
>>
>>8993840
Was this last year?
>>
Pre-Reg extended to midnight tonight for those that didn't see!
>>
Going to be DJing the game room Saturday, come say hi! Otherwise, I'll be drinking and by some kind of body of water during the day, and night I'll be at the glowstick dance. Really excited about the line up, especially JAKAZID, missed him when he played ACen a couple years ago, so glad he's booked for this.
>>
>>8993692
I'm likely doing summerteen outfit Aradia saturday evening with my girlfriend in summerteen Sollux.
If you happen to see a godtier Eridan and Sollux at the saturday shoot, come say hi and get some stickers from us!
>>
File: 20160507_004902.png (484KB, 1439x804px) Image search: [Google]
20160507_004902.png
484KB, 1439x804px
What does it take to be an approved photographer at Colossalcon? This person I met at Ohayocon got approved, but they're far from being a photographer. Even $20 is too much for what they're capable of...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462596385981.jpg (280KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462596385981.jpg
280KB, 1536x2048px
>>8995587
Example from a photo shoot they did at ohayo
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462596356504.jpg (326KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462596356504.jpg
326KB, 1536x2048px
>>8995587
>>8995590
>>
>>8995590
>>8995592
christ, these photos are painful to look at and it isn't because of the cosplayer -- what's up with that complete lack of focus?
>>
>>8995604
She's not a good photographer
>>
File: 20160507_011537.png (56KB, 1439x521px) Image search: [Google]
20160507_011537.png
56KB, 1439x521px
Been using photoshop for 10 years though.

I just don't understand what Colossal is thinking this year...
>>
File: colossalcon.png (1MB, 1232x682px) Image search: [Google]
colossalcon.png
1MB, 1232x682px
>>8990590
This is my line-up right now. Subject to change, but I'm still hoping I can get at least Madoka's uniform and Nanami's swimsuit done in time. Is anyone else going as anyone from Dangan Ronpa?
>>
>>8995629
im going as monokuma
>>
>>8995642
Nice. Hope to see you there.
>>
>>8995587
The dude in charge of "media" is obviously too lazy to even look at these and just approves them lol
>>
>>8995673
Hasn't he always been pretty shitty?
>>
>>8995791
Generally, all the staff at colossal are shitty.
>>
Pretty bummed that I didn't lose as much weight as I had wanted to for con, but I did lose some.
>>
>>8996015
>all
Nah, the more vocal ones can be questionable, but the ones who are more under-the-radar are pretty great, like Bobbi and her husband, or the guy in the red hat who runs the Dealer's room.
>>
>>8995590
>>8995592
>>8995604
I figure the obesity is the problem here
>>
>>8996015
What is staff at colossalcon?
>>
>>8995629
I'm going as Genocider Syo.
>>
>>8995197
Has a drawmeet been announced yet?
>>
>>8996015
I've heard enough horror stories about staffing at Colossalcon.
>>
Just placed a TB order for thing I need, really cutting it close this year lmao
>>
>>8996684
Not yet! I can likely poke the right person for that though, see if she's running it again.
>>
>>8996288
Idk but maybe related to that supposedly biased pole in the FB group a couple years ago.
>>
>>8996513
Oh shit, Syo is one of my faves! Hope to see you, anon!
>>
>>8996684
She got back to me super quick- it'll be Saturday night. Likely same place as last year
>>
>>8997600
In the past they would have a number of check points around the main circle. It was pretty good for deturing ghosting. This last year they had A check point. With three jackasses that could bearly be bothered to leave their conversations. I think i was stopped a grand total of once all weekend. GG colossal security.
>>
>>8997784
Colossal security is garbage
>>
>>8997854
They have security outside the police?
>>
>>8997784
Security doesn't do badge check unless there's literally no one else. That's the gophers' job, and gophers tend to be shit because they have no dedication to their jobs, they just don't want to have to pay for a badge.
>>
>>8995629
I'll be twogami probably at some point on sat
>>
>>8997644
Oof dang, wasn't it Friday last year? Saturday may be harder to swing unless it's really late, but I'll try.
>>
Anyone else selling at the craft fair?
>>
>>8997915
They did until 2014 when they all got spooked and couldnt get volunteers anymore.
>>
>>8998000
A badge check gopher is still staff and fall under the jurisdiction of security. They are still representative of the organization.
>>
>>8998820
>fall under the jurisdiction of security.
Security is not in charge of gophers at all. If you want to put down gophers for being gophers, go ahead, but don't lump them in with the rest of the security department. Con staff hates the lazy gophers just as much as anyone else, and the ones who pull that shit do get reprimanded, but considering they're volunteers and usually first timers, there's no real way to gauge how responsible they'll be ahead of time.

>>8998819

The original head of security had to step down because he had a kid on the way. The guy they put in charge was a massive posturing macho brovado manbaby who nobody wanted to work with. He was dropped after last year, so this year will be the first under a different set of people. I've known one of the guys for years and know he can do a good job, so we'll see how things go this year and following years.
>>
>>8998793
was going to but have too much to do with my costumes and not enough product on hand to make it worth it.
>>
So, uh, any tips for shaving "down there", so to speak? I tried, and my skin exploded in razor burns/bumps...

maybe I'll just pick up some swim shorts, save myself from the embarrassment
>>
>>8999674
Do it right after a hot shower. Skins a lot less dry that way and won't burn AS much.
>>
>>8999674
Wax or use hair removal cream.
>>
>>8999674
DO NOT USE VEET STRIPS! ITS A BBAD IDEA!
>>
>>8999685
thats what I did, alone with special antibump shaving gel, brand new razor, going with the grain, etc.

>>8999686
like one of those at home kits? I'm a wuss about pain but it might be worth it, cause the irritation hurts/lasts longer than ripping off wax
>>
>>8997606
I wasn't sure when I wanted to wear her but if you and the other Anon were wearing them on Saturday I could make that my evening costume!
I have to go to the tea party or I'd wear it earlier.
>>
>>8995590
i'm an absolute shit tier new guy and this triggers me so much
>>
>>8999699
Electric razors with the mesh attachment get very close without the razor burn.
>>
>>8999710
>>8998603
I'm probably gonna be wearing my Chiaki swimsuit that evening/switching into her normal outfit for some arcade time, so yeah. Hope you have fun at your tea party though! Also, hell fucking yes, Twogami cosplayers are hype as fuck.

On a related note, is there an actual DR shoot that anyone knows about? I should probably know if I'm gonna be hunting down all the fellow Ronpers.
>>
>>8998788
It's because of the friday night waterpark dealio- no ones going to come if theyre all in the pool
usually to starts and runs pretty late
>>
>>8993385
I second this anon. Is Saturday the best party day?
>>
>>8999770
I haven't checked the official photoshoot list for one but I know someone in the FB group was asking too. I'll check into it and keep you posted!
>>
>>9000315
Thank you very much, anon!
>>
File: autographs.png (1MB, 1291x894px) Image search: [Google]
autographs.png
1MB, 1291x894px
Autograph schedule is up.
Why does Nao only have 1 autograph session? It's only for VIP, too. What the hell?

And fucking Nick refused to swap my panel to an earlier or later time, since my panel is right before hers. Fucking shitty.
>>
>>9001035
It probably has more to do with guest agreements and how much the guest was willing to do autographs.
>>
>>9001035
This is what happens when you rush a schedule out. Now he cant change it without some egg on his face.
>>
>>9001035
>Wedding Peach was one of my first magical girl animes
>VIP only for Nao's autograph

I'm not gonna cry, but I'll be salty as fuck.
>>
>>9001035

>Chuck just has "all the time"

He's a pretty cool guy, so i wouldn't put it past him. Is he even still with Funimation anymore?
>>
This is my first Colossal, and do you need to be in a suited cosplay to use the waterpark? May sound like a dumb question, but i have a suit that i'm just going to bring because i don't really want to bring my wigs or anything into the water (I'm going as Colonello from Reborn!, Wakka from FFX, and Moon Knight)
>>
>>9001316

Nah, last year my girlfriend and I went for a few dips without costume and it was a cool. Though to be fair we did show up later in the day as P3 MC and Yukari (beach ver).

I know you probably already have done so, but if you're bringing Colonello's rifle be sure to have the tip of the barrel capped and colored. I don't know which version of Moon Knight you're going as, but take measure with his weapons. I've never had trouble with stuff at Colossal, but ever since i got flak a few years ago at AX I always take precautions with props regardless of leniency
>>
>>9001298
How fast are guests announced relative to VIP sales? I have no intent on getting VIP but I'd imagine it'd suck if someone ignored it and a guest they really wanted to meet was announced too late.
>>
>>9001316
>do you need to be in a suited cosplay to use the waterpark
The waterpark is just part of the resort, not the con itself, so you don't need to be in cosplay for anything, plus you don't even need to be a con attendee to go (except for that 11-2 event Friday night).

To use the rides you need to have appropriate attire regardless of whether or not you're cosplaying.

To just be in the waterpark- indoor or outdoor, you can wear anything. They have 10$/day spectator passes for people who want to go in but not get in any rides or pools.
>>
Fang Fox will continue to put together accept photographers as "approved" even if some take way too long to get back images back to cosplayers. Oh wait...he does that as well so no wonder why.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1463071079514.jpg (121KB, 900x705px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463071079514.jpg
121KB, 900x705px
>>8995622
Oh shit. Few spots available! Get em now gulls!
>>
>>9002914

How can the assrashed pro-photog "cosplayers are entitled bitches who should blow us for the privilege of paying for photos" defend this? Congratulations idiots now everyone with a point and click feels entitled to cash for smearing shit onto film.
>>
File: 1446786860681.jpg (133KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
1446786860681.jpg
133KB, 728x636px
>tfw first year cosplaying
>tfw the jacket's shoulders/arm hole is a little tight

Is there any hope in fixing this? I'm cosplaying as Fushimi from K and the rest of the cosplay is okay except the jacket is a little tight around the shoulders. I don't want it to rip or anything
>>
>>9003481
>tfw going as Yata
I wish I could help you though. Good luck.
>>
>>9003503

Oh nice! I haven't seen too many K cosplayers at Colossalcon before.

Yeah, I'm hoping to see if there's a tailor that can fix it. It's not completely unwearable, but it makes bending and whatnot awkward
>>
>>8996256
They're horrible photos, obesity aside.
>>
>>9003523
Last year there were more than usual, I saw three other Yatas and three Mikotos, as well as a small group. But yeah, there haven't been many. I'm hoping this year there are more because of Return of Kings.

That's probably your best bet. I hope you can get it fixed soon!
>>
File: Untitled4.png (28KB, 490x329px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled4.png
28KB, 490x329px
>>9001035
>>9001298
>>
File: 1461637973566.png (279KB, 670x515px) Image search: [Google]
1461637973566.png
279KB, 670x515px
>waterpark capacity is 350

Shit nigga, that's disconcerting
>>
>>8990483
my costume is very, very close to getting done being built BUT ive only styled my wig halfway and havent even gotten a mold of my face done so i could make a prosthetic yet... so that's disconcerning.
I also am trying to figure out what other costumes to bring because im only bringing two different outfits for the same character?
im excited though, this is my first year at colossal, coming all the way up from SoKY!
>>
>>8990590
Rick Sanchez and maybe Dick Gumshoe if I can find an inexpensive olive overcoat in time. I have everything else readied for it already. If you see either one of these with a fucked-up right foot, that's me.
>>
>>8999674
I use Trader Joe's coconut body butter. I've tried it with shaving cream before, hair conditioner, etc. but that's the only thing I've found that I can use that doesn't result in misery.
>>
File: darkswim.jpg (151KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
darkswim.jpg
151KB, 1440x810px
>>9007300
>tfw no trader joe's in my state
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Fuck
>>
I live in Columbus is this worth the drive?
>>
>>9007561
I personally think so
>>
>>9007561
Depends on what you like for a con. What do you go to cons for primarily?
>>
>>9007561
Not if you don't have a room to crash in after you get shit faced drunk /also in Columbus/
>>
>>9007759
What are the chances a room opens up on Saturday?
>>
File: 9zgIjY1.jpg (6KB, 223x227px) Image search: [Google]
9zgIjY1.jpg
6KB, 223x227px
After Youma's game room, I feel nothing can compare. How is Colossal's?
>>
Real question to the out of staters. What possesses you to travel 1000 miles to attend our mediocre waterpark con? I honestly get confused ever time i meet someone from Florda, or Maryland, or god forbid California.
>>
>>9009946
Drunk

Cosplay

Pussy
>>
>>9008164
Not a single chance xD

pro tip, reserve a room for next year DURING the con. I'm talking about Friday at the latest. Sells out so fast.
>>
>>9008571
Nobody has anything on Youma's game room to be fair but I'm gonna level here. People don't go to Colossal for the convention itself. They go to show off their cosplay, party, and get laid.
>>
I was thinking about possibly making little plush jellyfish, starfish, and whales to sell in the craft fair. Do you guys think people would actually buy something like that? I want opinions before I do it.
>>
>>9009946
coming from pennsylvania. honestly we used to go to animenext but didn't want to go to atlantic city and this con was about the same distance away.
>>
>>9010392
depending on price i would totally buy a jellyfish and maybe even a whale.
>>
>>9009984

I go to the convention for itself. The panels sometimes are hit or miss, but I just love the environment of it all. Colossal has been great since I started going in 2008.
>>
>>9010392
I would love a jellyfish small enough to put on a hair clip!
>>
>>9010392
If they're as cute as they sound I would buy some! I'm hoping to get more sea creature plushes since they're my weakness
>>
File: 1463505895398.png (930KB, 585x946px) Image search: [Google]
1463505895398.png
930KB, 585x946px
Partying with girls will be fun but I want to get my money's worth out of this con, so questions:

How big/varied are the dealer's room and artist's alley? Do they have a lot of video game stuff for sale usually?

Do you all also like the water park rides?
>>
>>9011241
>How big/varied are the dealer's room and artist's alley?
Really bad. If you are expecting to get good stuff from either of these places, you will be disappointed.

>Do you all also like the water park rides?
There's something like 5 slides and a log flume if it's working this year. It's fun but it's a relatively small park.
>>
>>9011270
Screw the rides. Hot tub club, wading pools. Ftw
>>
>>9010588
We could make some jellyfish hairpins!
>>
>>8990483
For the first time for me, I have like no cosplays done and ready and I don't know how to feel. Like, I'm stressed from a different angle because I have the money to go, but I don't really have anything neat to bring. My Kingpin isn't ready, Asgore has barely been touched, and I need to redo my Zacharie mask and shirt.
>>
>>9011270
>relatively small park.
Outside the Wilderness in Wisconsin, Kalahari in Sandusky is the largest indoor waterpark in the US by square footage. They also have much of the space packed with rides/attractions (18 total). Though some in that count are for children. I just counted 11 waterslides on the website. Also it's not a log flume but a slide/coaster combination, basically you sit in a two person raft, it shoots you up a hill and you go up and down a few times.
>>
They just announced a DOA beach volleyball tournament with the stripper guests. I want to go just to see which losers are going to have unashamed erectioms they don't bother hiding. It's like they *want* the fedora bros to come out of their basements.
>>
>>9012058
Hey, if the fedoras are oogling the rachet hotglue cosplay strippers crew, that is one less moment they will be making me feel awkward.

>One year fat fedora guy asks for a picture of my cosplay.
>Say ok.
>Says to look hot.
>Fan myself with the schedule in my hand.
>Looks dissapoint.
>Find photo years later in a random facebook gallery.
>>
>>9012064
Yeah the more of them at this, the fewer of them everywhere else.
>>
>>9012058
[Citation needed] ...
>>
>>9012113
Look on the Facebook group, it's right there.
>>
File: 1463353407158.png (340KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1463353407158.png
340KB, 785x757px
>>9011270
>Really bad. If you are expecting to get good stuff from either of these places, you will be disappointed.

Fuck, that's a huge reason I go to cons. Youma and Matsuri were great for this.

Ah well, we'll see how it goes...
>>
>>9012113
Its a Pixel Vixens event on Friday
>>
>>9011847
Said it was a "small waterpark" not "small for an indoor waterpark." Most outdoor waterparks are much later than the Kalahari, but imo the main attraction is the hot tub and lazy river anyway. I also don't see why you would count the children-only rides that take up much of the real estate, seeing as everyone here is over 18.
>>
>>9012200
>Matsuri con was great for this

Da fuck you talking about? That small little room full of bootlegs matsuri called a dealers hall??
>>
>>9012058
Well the con chair is kind of a fedora bro...so...
>>
>>9012212
Mother fuck. I'll only be there on Saturday
>>
>>9012710

I bought a ton of art from Matsuri, at least.
>>
File: 1460400434693.png (170KB, 1266x707px) Image search: [Google]
1460400434693.png
170KB, 1266x707px
Are there any Japanese restaurants near the con? I love eating Japanese stuff at cons.
>>
>>9012842
Yeah, I bought a lot of stuff in the artist alley there and maybe one thing in the Dealers.

Keep in mind that people's tastes and thoughts on what makes a good AA or Dealers greatly. Someone might love collecting plush and general cute shit. For them, one AA and Dealers room might be great. But if you that guy looking for Gundam Models, and looking for really nice prints of old favorites you might say that particular Dealers and/or AA is shit because everyone is pandering to what is popular now and know what'll sell. Likewise someone going in looking for cute shit and only seeing a few tables of cutesy stuff but tables of weapons, steampunk stuff, manga, figures etc may not appeal to them at all. If this is the highlight for your con or one of them, and it doesn't meet your expectations, it can break your convention experience rather than make it.

Just something to consider.
>>
>>9008571
Colossal's gets exponentially better every year. The convention center isn't huge so it's not massive, but it does have a really good selection since they rent from a local arcade with imported cabinets/games from Japan, and this year apparently the tabletop stuff is going to be off-site at a casino.

>>9009984
>asks about game room
>disregards question and talks about partying and getting laid
You're obsessed.
>>
>>9012946

Yeah, like I said, I'll have to see.

>>9013270

>Imported Cabs

Fuck yes.
>>
I'll be walking around in an SMS jacket at least one day. Say hi, me and my group love adopting stragglers.

I was gonna make a Maria Cadenzavna Eve costume and blast Ressou Gungir while rocking a Viking beard and hair but it won't be finished so I'm shaving today.
>>
>>9013552
http://colossalcon.com/events/videogame-room/
>>
>>9007561
I live in a different country and it's worth the drive
>>
This will be my second time going to a con, and my second time going to Colossal. Me and my two other friends are all set.

Pretty excited, it seems like it's going to be better than last year. Besides that, looking more than forward to the rave.
>>
I hate most of you tourists shitting up Sandusky every summer, but this city would be even worse without you.
>>
>>9017337
>"Tourists"
>Assuming there is anything worth seeing in Sandusky besides Cedar Point and the water park

Sorry you live in such a shitty town.
>>
>>9017406
Top kek. So true!
>>
>>8992156
Question. I am only coming for one day and I plan on staying the night, even if it means sleeping outside. Does a locker rental go 24 hours? I would like to be able to store my stuff somewhere secure.

Im riding my motorcycle, so I can't store anything "in my car."
>>
>>9018699
I don't think that they do but I would call and ask since they might be willing to make an acception if you're willing to pay for one.
You might want to get a bag with a double zipper and keep it closed with a mini padlock and lock that to your bike.
>>
>>9018829
That's a great idea actually!
>>
10 days left. Are your butts ready?

>tfw I still have a bunch of minor things to do for cosplay but I've been procrastinating like hell.
>>
>>9009946
convention waifu + waterpark + horribly lonely. 12 hour drive no friends no rest no hotel final destination.
>>
Any wig sellers? I'm unsure if a wig I need will arrive on time and I don't want to break my budget on shipping.
>>
>>9019328
what *is* your budget? arda epic and thefivewits would probably get to you in time since they're us-based sellers. i dunno, depends on what you're looking for.
>>
>>9019336
oh damn did you mean at the con? i'm retarded, but i'm pretty sure the exact sellers i listed are going to be there so have fun.
>>
>>9018956
>still waiting on taobao order
At least I have a backup plan, but I'm losing my mind lol
>>
>>9019161
Buy a pop up tent and put it in the woods near the villas. Use the showers in the water park.
>>
>>9019337
Hopefully arda. The processing time is longer and I dont want to order and it arrives too late. I think I can pick up at the con though, but not sure how that works.
>>
>>9019337
Arda is definitely not there, not sure about Epic.
>>
>>9019351
done and done, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>9019411
I wasn't being serious but if you're willing to risk potential arrest for trespassing.. hey.
>>
>>9009946
Virginia here. What other cons are in range and I have .. 50+ days of vacation on the books. I am going to AX but I need something to burn my vacation time on. Command is sending me nastygrams.
>>
File: lying on the internet.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
lying on the internet.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>9019528
>>
>>9007417
Amazon, darling! I get mine on Amazon.
>>
File: Capture.png (58KB, 516x656px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
58KB, 516x656px
>>9019528
nah there are actual campgrounds nearby that are pretty cheap, with bonuses.
>>
>>9019576
Nice! The rates are pretty good too.
>>
>>9019328
>>9019336
I ordered from epic yesterday and they shipped it right away. got 2 day shipping for $6. I heard arda is shipping out slow right now
>>
First Colossal here. I live in Chicago, but decided to visit some relatives so they could meet my girlfriend who live in Cincinnati so why not stay in Ohio.

Planning to go as Guy (Street Fighter/Final Fight), Kanji (Persona 4), and Dino (Reborn!)

Who are some ok photogs? I don't usually do picture or shoots, but will try to get photos if it's my first time at a con. Plus it's our two year anniversary, so I want to get some couple pictures (she's going as Ibuki and Rise, and i don't think she'll be in costume after the second day)
>>
My heart hurts. After completing all my cosplays and the products I was going to be selling, I can no longer attend con.
>>
>>9019576
Thanks for the idea for future years. I fucking love camping
>>
I don't suppose anyone needs a place to stay for the con? I'm looking for a sixth person to fill out our room, and /cgl/ feels like a better place to ask than FB.

We're staying from Thurs. to Mon. morning/afternoon, but if you only want a couple nights, that's fine too. Otherwise, contact (or reply, I guess) for more details.
>>
>>9021614
I need Saturday night only. I'm willing to PAY. Contact info? You have a KiK?
>>
>>9021614
Same anon as above, just saw your email in there. I just sent you and email. Hope to hear from you!
>>
>>9021614
One more from me then too.

This is a question for everyone.

Is there a place at the con, or is it hard, to find a room for one night?

I'll pay cash, and pay well!
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1024x1007px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1024x1007px
>>8990590
These colors specifically.
>>
>>9018956
I'm waiting on my fusible web to show up in the mail. 5-8 Amazon says.
>>
>>9012200
>Edgelord Buddy cosplay

Yes please.
>>
>>9021840

>You will never see a LISA cosplayer in person
>>
>>9022884
Not with that attitude.
>>
One week to gooooooo.
>>
I'm gonna miss the gulls from the meetup last year, I won't be making it to Colossal this year.
>>
>>9023978
What is this gulls everyone speaks of.
>>
File: the more you know.jpg (20KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.jpg
20KB, 640x360px
>>9024165
/cgl/
seagull (when you try to say it aloud as is)
>>
Is there a cgl meetup?
>>
>>9024314
I hope so as I'd like to see everyone again!
>>
>>9022958

Yeah, you're right.
>>
File: 1417275164959.png (1MB, 1103x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1417275164959.png
1MB, 1103x1073px
>get bikini in mail
>3 sizes too small
>is the largest size
No amount of tape is gonna fix this. Looks like I'm down to re-wearing cosplays from Anime Central. Money spent on ordering contacts officially wasted.
>>
File: 2016lineupfaf.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2016lineupfaf.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
I don't know when I'm wearing
>>
>>9026618

Damn are you big as a house?
>>
>>9026962
I'm a 32DDD and the things I often need are meant for flat bodies or one size fits most.
>>
>>9026982

How about you wear it anyways then.
>>
File: 1461078668596.jpg (19KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1461078668596.jpg
19KB, 413x395px
>>9027091
Lol my niggah
>>
>>9026982
Are you single?
>>
>>9027452
She's 32 D, can't fit in a suit and on CGL. What are the odds she's not heavy lol
>>
>>9027758
I'm alright with that.
>>
>>9027758
You idiot. 32? 32 is not a heavy measurement. Men are such morons.
>>
>>9028306
32 is a ribcage measurement. The letter represents the difference between ribcage and the widest point of the bust. A = 1", B = 2", etc. That doesn't take into account body mass, weight distribution, height, or anything. She could be rather lean but with a large bust and a wide ribcage or chubby, or tall and thin but busty. We just don't know and it's not really your business anyway?

Also most cup sizes put in bikini tops aren't standardized. Usually they run smaller and you can't just go into any old store and buy a swimsuit top like you can a bra, or say, men's pants with some idea of how it will fit. They usually come in XS-XL or smaller/larger etc and they are all sized by voodoo just like all other women's clothing.

Back on topic. Five days to go! I'm leaving in 3 days, going up on Weds. I have a ton of artist alley shit to finish. Debating on if I just want to splurge and get a cedar point platinum pass before the prices go up and go for a few hours Weds and have Friday/Sunday after the con for Waterpark time or just forgo on CP entirely.
>>
>>9028397

What kind of stuff you hawking in artist's alley? Last year I was disappointed because there weren't many prints I liked. Got a really cool self published fantasy comic though.
>>
>>9028306
Well by /cgl/'s standards I am fat. But after seeing other people having fun no matter their body type I've decided to not care and wear what I want. I'd just rather not parade around in something that outright doesn't fit.
>>
>>9027758
Newfriend, she's been here a while and self posted at least a dozen times. She's not fat.

>>9028499
What cosplay was it for?
>>
File: tumblr_mnjk86TStO1qd61suo1_500.jpg (88KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnjk86TStO1qd61suo1_500.jpg
88KB, 500x459px
>>9028536
Midnight Channel/Shadow Rise
>>
>>9026618
>>9026962

Doesn't matter if she's fat or heavy as long as she knows her limits. I know people like to dump on the larger crowd, but if they know to wear something that actually fits it shouldn't be a big deal.

Getting real tired of seeing Love Lives/Yokos/etc that look like their tops could snap off and go flying at break-neck speeds
>>
>>9028551
There's 4 large boobed people in my room who like to wear bright colours. I may be able to rescue your Rise.
>>
>>9028884
Update: One of them checked and she doesn't have yellow. You could try stopping by Walmart to see if they have a plain white one in your size then swing by the laundry aisle and pick up a bottle of yellow RIT dye.

I was just there yesterday and while they didn't have plain yellow, they had a bunch of plain white, but I don't know how big they go.
>>
>>9029090
I appreciate the advice, but I'll work something out. If I test run my outfits and end up looking like trash I'll just can the whole thing.
>>
>>9029118
Yo, Walmart had some brightly colored individual solid color suit pieces. They're in these cardboard standees in the middle of the main aisles. You might find what you need.
>>
Fuck I am so psyched. What events and panels are you all going to?
>>
Anime North beat me up pretty bad. I'm hoping my sun burn and sniffles go away by next weekend. bleh.
>>
Where the hell did the schedule go?

>>9028551
>not canonically busty Naoto
>>
If anyone sees a tumblr-tan cosplayer come say hi! If you say the secret phrase 'I'm triggered' I'll give you a sucker!
>>
>tfw 3 days to go and still have a dozen things to do

>>9030786
Its still there, the old link on the website just links to the page about the app and other schedules now rather than directly to the PDF. Top link is the PDF version.

http://colossalcon.com/information/mapschedule/
>>
>go over guest list
>so many vidya VA's
>don't have physicals of any of them
If my PS3 were white I'd likely just bring that.
>>
Driving there from Rochester, NY.

Sooooo fucking psyched.
>tfw cosplay isn't ready til Next year's.

Does it have a swim up bar?
>>
Can any locals give an update on the road construction going on nearby on Milan? Traffic is gonna be even more hellish than usual if that's still going on (I was there a few weeks ago)
>>
>>9030924
Buy silver sharpies for autographs on dark surfaces!
>>
File: DSC_0976.jpg (114KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0976.jpg
114KB, 600x398px
>>9031040
Yeah, indoor/outdoor. The bar is indoors but outside there's some seating and a waterfall. The past few years it's been packed af, though.
>>
>looking over photoshoots
>Harley Quinns
pls no
>>
File: lineup.jpg (864KB, 3260x1806px) Image search: [Google]
lineup.jpg
864KB, 3260x1806px
My lineup for my first Colossalcon! I'm very excited to go, hopefully i can finish them in time.
>>
>>9031499
Honestly I'm more inclined to dreading how many more obnoxious Deadpools are going to be there is year.

Also did you solve your Rise bikini problem yet? One of my room people found one and she's a 34DDD (though the straps are about 1in thick rather than the string style Rise has).
>>
>>8990590
Johnny Bravo and Steve Irwin:Pokemon Hunter
>>
>>9031653
I wanted to follow another cosplayers example and go for one of those shiny gold bikinis strippers wear. Again, after a test run if I look awful I'll just scrap it.
>>
Are there any free or cheap camping grounds around Sandusky? Just need a place for myself and 2 friends to crash for the night on Wednesday. Our crashing place didn't work out.
>>
File: 1426622468872.gif (28KB, 348x385px) Image search: [Google]
1426622468872.gif
28KB, 348x385px
Do you think the second Jojo photoshoot will have just as much of a show up? I want to attend a "How To DJ" that's at the same time as the first shoot.
>>
>>9024314
>>9024482
cgl meetup? What is everyone doing on Thursday? Or maybe Friday?
>>
>>9032425
I'll be there all day Friday and Saturday, but I don't know if I'll be there Thursday or Sunday yet.
>>
>>9032425
I'd be down Thursday and/or Friday for sure. Last year we did Friday/Saturday, which'll probably work for me as well.
>>
no more dyed alpacas. how about that? what a stupididea
>>
>>9032425
Where and when should it be? Thurs/Fri/Sat are all good for me desu
>>
>>9031970
Most likely since it's Saturday. I plan to go to both myself atleast.

Also what's the Lolita scene like at Colossal gulls? I'm debating whether or not to take a nice coord for Sunday.
>>
>>9031660
oooh what day is your johnny bravo? might want to cosplay guile the same day so we can get a blonde straight up wig photo together lol
>>
>>8990590
How often do people do multiple cosplays different days? I'm sticking to the same one each day I'm going.
>>
>>9033568
It depends on the person really. It's not uncommon.
>>
>>9033568
>>9033609
I have literally never understood changing multiple times per day. Such a small percentage of the con will see your outfit if you change too often it seems pointless
>>
>>9033399
Most of the lolita events are on Friday and Saturday.
>>
>>9033793
>What is cosplaying with friends
>What is cosplaying because you like the characters
Believe it or not, some people cosplay not just to have strangers take shitty hall photos of them.
>>
>>9033568
if you're terry hall you do at least three cosplays a day
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAg5KjnAhuU
>>
>>9033793
My man! I feel this so hard.
>>
>>9031970
It's Saturday so it should have more people.
>>
File: Nowwith25%moreflareon.jpg (2MB, 2560x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Nowwith25%moreflareon.jpg
2MB, 2560x2560px
>>8990590
I was able to shake my panel responsibilities so now Flareon is back on the list! Still getting in late tho ;.;
>>
DAY 0, who's here/hype
>>
File: 1444587726779.png (454KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
1444587726779.png
454KB, 414x499px
>tfw styled my first wig

It's rough, but damn, it's not that bad.
>>
>>9034742
I'm heeerre kinda bored too Haha
>>
Anyone know if there's a Yaya Han booth? I need to buy pony stuff.
>>
>>9032425
I should be available any evening! But it depends on what the rest of my group are doing desu as we don't have room at the Kalahari this year unfortunately. I do have a photoshoot on the Friday from 5pm but it shouldn't clash if we're meeting up later in the evening!

>PS. I brought proper chocolate with me again like last year~
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 540x540px
Tomorrow's the big day. The only other anime convention I've been to was Matsuricon. What am I in for this time?
>>
>>9035475
water and stuff
>>
>>9035325
Damn, I'm missing out on british chocolate. Life is truly hell.
>>
>>9035325
what's in the choco-inventory?
>>
>>8990483
Why does Saturday have to look like shitty weather!!!?!
>>
>>9036057
>!!!?!
Don't.
>>
>>9036125
Don't what
>>
>>9035267
Anime North last weekend
>>
>>9036025
Just standard Milk Chocolate and Crunchies! Didn't bring too much with me this time as I didn't have time at the airport unfortunately haha!
>>
8 hour drive from NJ done, scouted the con area and now chilling in bed. Anyone feel like doing a meetup tonight?
>>
>>9036454
How is it?!?
>>
>>9036469
Looks kinda promising, actual con area feels pretty small but water park + other amenities minimizes that effect. Wishing I remembered my prop for Corrin, but otherwise looks like it'll be a good time.
>>
>>9036487
Alot of ppl?
>>
>>9036517
There's a fair amount of people here now but there's still plenty of parking..especially on the B side.
>>
File: 20160602_144930.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160602_144930.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
The border was a pain in the ass but it gave us time to see Detroit on fire. Just an average day there I guess
>>
>>9036572

>taking the bridge
>>
>>9036454
A meetup sounds fun. I don't have much planned tonight
>>
>>9036682

Probably do it around 10 or so, don't know where would he ideal yet though
>>
File: snowball.jpg (66KB, 839x627px) Image search: [Google]
snowball.jpg
66KB, 839x627px
>convention time
>thread is dead silent
>no meetup planned.

Like, wow man, totally glad I'm a part of this community, lol.
>>
>>9036851
Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>9036713
10pm is good. Same place as last year?
By the restaurant in the main lobby? (Looks onto the indoor water park, next to the birds that take donations)
>>
>>9036874
Yeah that'll work, doing a sm4sh ffa tourney atm but if anyone has nothing to do that's the meetup point. Rally around the Tempo Storm jersey (blue and white). Not cosplaying til tomorrow.
>>
>>9036874
Are you bringing chocolates? I'll totally come then!!
>>
>>9036886
Sounds good!

>>9036903
Of course~
>>
>>9036874
>>9036886
>>9036903
I'll come on down, too! Is anyone getting drinks?
>>
Where's the meetup?
>>
>>9036929
>>9036906

Sitting near the hostess podium to that restaurant chocolate chan mentioned. Tempo storm jersey and with a burgerpants from Undertale
>>
>tfw I know no one at the meetup
>tfw feel stupid sitting here
>>
>>9036945
By The Reserve restaurant! ( Sorry couldn't remember the name before)

Look out for a white heart bag & pink top. That's me!
>>
File: image.png (622KB, 805x606px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
622KB, 805x606px
Can we have a meet up earlier in day tomorrow? Fambily wanted to leave for today.
>>
File: 20160602_222407.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160602_222407.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
selfie again I guess lol
>>
Meetup for Friday probably around 930 PM or so, didn't expect a lot of turnout today but yall surprised me.
>>
That's a lot of people. I'll go if I'm not doing anything tomorrow at that time.
>>
File: image.png (230KB, 529x452px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
230KB, 529x452px
Is there anyone that didn't cosplay today that's cosplaying tomorrow?
>>
>>9036985
>>9037046
It was truly awesome meeting you guys (and I'm sorry for making such a fool of myself).

You guys were the embodiment of fun and laid back and it was a thrill being around you, even if you tricked me into volunteering in a trivia game show (damn you!!!).

Thanks for an awesome night!
>>
Just got here and saw the hotel to buy my ticket, first cosplay day for me is Friday. this is the first time I've gone to this con, is the hotel going to be as crowded as it was today? it was hell walking in any direction
>>
Oh god the world wont stop spinning and I dont want to vomit but still- I drank waaaay too much. I'm glad my cosplay will have shades, the sun may kill me.
>>
>>9037354
>this will be me tomorrow
>>
>>9037354
>>9037521
>tfw I don't get hangovers
>>
>>9037534
Then you don't drink enough, pussy. ;)
>>
>>9037535
>>9037535
DRINKING COMPETITION RIGHT NOW, MOTHERFUCKER!

YOU'RE GOING DOWN!
>>
>>9037537
I'll be there tomorrow morning. And stay all day. Feel free to leave KiK or number.
>>
>>9037539
>>9037539
I think my kik is neaware (Alex Riley) or something like that. Haven't used it in forever. Are you cosplaying /lolita...ing.. or just chillin?
>>
>>9037542
Pool party graves
>>
>>9036985
Anyone down for a meet and chill tomorrow evening? Saturday night?
>>
>>9037565
Always down to chill. When n where?
>>
>>9037582
Let's say like 9 or 10?
Idk where bc this will be the first time I'm there
>>
Meetup like 10 or so? Same spot?
>>
Spot the almost naked Michiko Melandro. Thats me.
>>
>Tfw in line for Vic

My legs...
>>
Bah, I need to find a way to kill time tonight. Anyone planning on drinking or the like?
>>
>>8990483
How about some updates!?!
Is it packed?
What's good?
What's not good?

The silence is deafening
>>
I have nothing planned past 8 if we want to meet up earlier.
>>
Is anyone going to the afterparty water park thing?
>>
File: pepe.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>9037751

He's twelve minutes late.
>>
>>9037786
probably fucking a vulnerable easy fatty-chan
>>
Where exactly is "Lawn Behind Con Ops"?
>>
>>9037534
Don't lie to us
>>
>>9037831
The grass that used to be long but isn't anymore. It's near the parking lot
>>
That fucking line at the Sands desk though...
>>
>that Chris-chan

My fucking sides
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>9037769
I am

Where is the meetup?
>>
How's my Johnny performance?
>>
>>9037542
Nine or ten tonight?
>>
>>9038163
That was supposed to be a general question lmao
>>
This room booking situation is completely fucked up.
>>
>>9038187
Yeah we had someone in the line at like noon
>>
The weekend room block is completely sold out. No registrations will be available tomorrow. Some rooms will open up Monday via phone. This is per a Kalahari manager.

Good luck.
>>
When/where tonight?
>>
>>9037769
Yeah, think a lot of people will show up?
>>
Does anyone know if there are any rooms still available for next year? Should I go to the front desk? Or wait in the massive fucking line.
>>
Is anyone at/near the Reserve yet?
>>
>>9038213
Where is that?
>>
>>9038215
Near the lobby. I couldn't make it but I guess that's where people met up last night.
>>
Meet at the reserve
>>
>>9038253
I'm here, in white lolita in a chair facing the windows
>>
>>9038253
Like, the couch inside the Reserve by its doors.
>>
A shame I missed both meets. Welp, tomorrow I'll be Alex from Gangsta until after the shoot then Rarity. Maybe Saturday I'll get to meet Colossal gulls in bulk.
>>
>>9038129

I saw you earlier and thought you were great bro
>>
>>9038129
I apologize for confusing you. I know a lot of anons don't frequent /cgl/ and thus aren't aware of the lingo. But it's my safest ask method.
>>
What boards did you guys come from?
/Pol/ for me
>>
>>8990483
Who's down to meet up tonight?
>>
>>9039072
Sure, where?
>>
Hanging out. Watching the hockey game. Waiting for the right time to hit the rave.

This con is great. Chill as fuck.
>>
Meetup is by lobby hotel beside rhino at wooden stand
>>
>>9039543
Lobby restaurant***
>>
File: 1465097187235909544326.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
1465097187235909544326.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
Where we are
>>
>>9039573
I would have went but I drank way too much and partied way too hard.
>>
>>9039795
It happened. I'm hurting today
>>
>>9039795
I was asleep by 10 because yesterday was intense
>>
Why is this thread so dead
>>
>>9041270
People are traveling home, most of whom through some nasty storms.
>>
File: 20160603_164852.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160603_164852.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
My current favorite
Thread posts: 394
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.