[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Norfolk Anime Explosion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

Norfolk, VA has a new con run by this sketchy 'family' group appearing to run a bunch of other first-year cons for-profit. Any gulls know about this event or these people? Looks hella shady. Dumping caps from their FB group here.
>>
>>8988069
>>
>>8988074
>>
>>8988077
>>
>>8988086
>>
>>8988089
>>
>>8988093
>>
>>8988093
>accidentally mouseover this one
>LORT films
I'm so glad I know one Danish word, and it's this one
>>
>>8988098
>LORT
What's it mean?
>>
>>8988113
are you fucking dense?
>>
>>8988117
Way to take my bait, anon. Talk about low-lying fruit!
>>
File: IMG_20150103_230614_903.jpg (117KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150103_230614_903.jpg
117KB, 1024x768px
>>8988069
>for-profit
lol They aren't seeing much profit.
I went to a Black Materia Inc convention last year. To get a feel of how many people there were, pic related is their rave about 10 minutes in. The con was dead.

The con itself wasn't too bad, didn't really seem unorganized or anything, but they have a problem filling up a con with people. They charged too much for a first year con.

Of course, that was their first year, their first con too. It was in Nashville TN. Sorta weird that their cons are so spread out.
>>
>>8988158
I feel like it would make more sense to focus all that time and energy into making a single good con instead of working on multiples.
>>
>>8988166
You'd think, but this seems to be the trend lately with new people on the con scene who want to start running events. "More cons = more money, right? I'll just oversaturate the market and monopolize my area so that ALL of the money comes to ME!!"
>>
>>8988166
>>8988167

The story behind this is that the main dude at Black Materia wanted each of his (many) kids to have their very own cons to run.
>>
>>8988211
That's...a little creepy.
>>
>>8988211

I went last year, he's only got three kids, so that can't be it.
>>
>>8988383

To clarify, I went to the one in Atlanta.
>>
>>8988211
Weird.
>>
Black Materia is a Ryan Kopf organization, so this family is a front for Kopf.

Heh
>>
>>8989065
LordSephiroth? That explains everything.
>>
>>8989080
Yup, Kopf runs Black Materia, and if this con if a Black Materia convention, it is a Ryan Kopf owned convention.
>>
>>8989065
Wooooow. Now I understand why this looks like such major shit.
I personally know 2 of Kopf's higher up people within his company. Both self-important assholes who cause a lot of drama in our local community.
>>
>>8989065
legit question who are they, I mean this is my hometown so I know about the 2 local cons (AMA on the south side and Neko on the Pennsula, and they are solid 'regional' cons (sub 15K, greater than 5K though I think neko hit 10K in 2015)
>>
>>8988069
I'm pretty sure I've seen that girl on an h&m sweater.
>>
>>8989367
Nobody cares. Stop posting about yourself.
>>
>>8988383
>he's only got three kids

Are you certain, anon? I thought it was more like nine.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.