[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is on Fire"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 29

File: the dog of reserve holland.jpg (461KB, 950x864px) Image search: [Google]
the dog of reserve holland.jpg
461KB, 950x864px
In the previous thread >>8973389 we discussed out-of-place cosplay at Elfia, made some remarks on Abunai's new idiotic room policy, and discussed what makes someone a slooty attention whore. As always we also talked shit about a bunch of cosplayers who felt the need to defend themselves on /cgl/. As usual, I'd like to remind those people that you are all a bunch of fucking idiots for responding here, and instead of wasting your time here you should spend your time improving your cosplays and shitty personalities. Also there was some shameless self-advertising, but let's keep that confined to the old thread shall we?

Convention related stuff:
>Firstlook Battlecon will be held on May 7th and 8th in Ahoy Rotterdam. It's a gaming related con and it is unclear if they are cosplay-friendly or not. So before dressing up as your favourite gaming character, you should ask their organizers how they stand towards cosplayers at their con.
>Animecon is the next big anime related convention and, as all of us probably already know, will be held from June 10th untill June 12th. You also have until the end of May before they raise the ticket prices for one last time.
>Speaking of Animecon, the Marriott Hotel roof had caught on fire yesterday. The damage was minor and guests currently staying at the hotel were able to return to their rooms afterwards. In other words there is no reason to panic if you were planning to stay there during Animecon. Well, except if you booked the cardboard box on the roof, in which case you should bring a replacement box.
>If I missed anything important, which I probably did, feel free to post it in this thread and I'll add it to the next OP.

This time with 100% less subject in the name field. Sorry guys, still getting used to my new style script.
>>
File: thankyou.png (8KB, 474x178px) Image search: [Google]
thankyou.png
8KB, 474x178px
>>8987652
Thanks for pointing this out to me based Dutch Anon. Despite having created the previous three threads I still managed to fuck up.
>>
Op I gotta commend you for the nice thread td;lr you make each time!
Keep up the good work
>>
Since everybody should be back from Germany by now, did you guys enjoy Dokomi?
>>
>>8987755
I thought it was amazing! Very big, lots to do, well organised. The weather was shitty on saturday, and the security micro manages too much, but other than that, no complaints
>>
Old thread deleted? I still had some reading up to do :(
>>
>>8987755
overall I had a great time.

The only thing which really bothered me is that a lot of gophers and security were very badly briefed and also quite rude at times.
That was very frustrating at times.
>>
>>8988327
yep felt the same way, especially because I asked what other cons there still are maybe in may, but luckily that is adressed here, kinda
>>
>>8988327
Same here!
>>
>>8988327
>>8988345
There's an archive, you know.
>>
>>8988327
>>8988345
>>8988359
No idea why the previous thread got deleted, but you can find an archived version at https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/8973389
>>
>>8988371
And it's not there.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160502-113705-01.jpg (192KB, 1440x848px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160502-113705-01.jpg
192KB, 1440x848px
Nishicon just opened hotel bookings and already confusion is spreading because of the prices start at €153 p.p. instead of the usual €X per room.
>>
>>8987755
I'm thinking of going to Dokomi next year, it looks good. How does it compare to Dutch cons?
>>
>>8988426
Nice event, spacious venue, lots of artists, but lots of bootleg too.
>>
Anyone here going to the park meetup in Den Haag on ILD weekend? It's really close to where I live but many of the people who clicked attending so far look kind of cringey. Like who even is that fat guy with the huge neckbeard and why is he going to a lolita meet, I think he was at the Elfia meet too.
>>
>>8988426
Panels, workshops, events and everything is in German, so don't attend those if you don't speak German. Also keep in mind that all of the readable merchandise (manga, light novels, magazines, whatevs) are only translated to German and anime DVDs are either dubbed in German or only licensed with German subtitles. 'side from that, I give a solid 5/7.
>>
>>8988506
What's an ILD weekend and when is this?
I'm only getting results for interstitial lung disease and I'm pretty sure that's not what we're talking about here.
>>
>>8988508
International Lolita Day, first Saturday of June and first Saturday of December (I think).
>>
And here is another con I forgot to add to the OP. TomoPlay will be held on July 2nd and 3rd in Berghem (Oss). It's all video and board games and cosplay friendly. To those going, stay off the bouncy castle and keep an eye out for bootlegs as Tomo is notorious for not giving a fuck.
>>
>>8988543
>stay off the bouncy castle
kek
>>
>>8988543
This really feels like just a meeting you pay for....
>>
>>8988506
If you mean the Clingendael meet I would recommend that you skip it. One person who is going is mentally challenged and can be a lot to deal with in such a small group. I don't even recognize most of these people and about one of them I've heard that she can be very annoying.
>>
>>8988546
It is.
>>
>>8988543
can tomosuicide be the next thing? weere we see the organizers kill themselfes
All their good for anyways
>>
>>8988506
He has gone to meetings before, not in lolita. From what I've heard he's not a creep and is actually planning to wear lolita but till he does I agree it's weird that he attends. And honestly I wouldn't like it if he would wear the fashion even if he's a regular guy. With the amount of new brolitas lately it's starting to feel as if we're a group for crossdressers. From experience with crossplayers, if there are more than two guys dressed as women in a group than people that are outside the hobby will assume we're all guys dressed as girls. If he would wear the male styles or if he could pass as a woman I'd be fine with it but with his body type and beard there just isn't much for him to achieve, it will always look like a guy putting on a dress a joke.
>>
>>8988546
>30 gaming consoles
>Outdoor games like wipe-out, twister and flick n sticks
>Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokémon, CaH
>Market with bootlegs sellers
>Boardgames
>Japanese snacks for all your pocky needs
>Enough shitty cosplayers to photograph and share on /cgl/
It is a paid meetup alright, but then again tickets are only €2,50. Personally, I might check it out as I live in Oss and don't mind cycling 15 minutes to shoot pictures of a cringy meetup. Besides, the whole drinking a bottle of vodka and claiming you were drugged with GHB thing sounds like fun.

>>8988560
They'll probably end up selling bootlegs of their suicide afterwards.
>>
>>8988551
Ah, I was afraid of that. There are a bunch of people on "maybe" that seem cool but if none of them actually go it will probably end up being super awkward. Are they all waiting for other non-cringey people to confirm that they're going?
Still though, I live super close so maybe I'll check it out anyway.

>>8988570
Good to hear he's not a creep. If he's going to wear lolita that's cool, but I agree he probably won't look good with that beard. I mean the beard already looks bad now IMO and a dress probably won't make it look better. Shame, he does have a baby face and might look cute otherwise.
>>
>>8988594
There will probably be a meet organized there again in the future. It's a nice park and I believe the majority of active members live in South Holland. It is not unlikely that it will be a private meet, though.

I'm not sure about him being a creep or not since I have never met him, but I think with his baby face that without the beard he would really look like on of those adult babies if he would wear lolita without the beard.
>>
> try to sell something on Geek Market facebook
>post gets deleted out of nowhere
>ask why
> jerky mod tells me to read the rules and that I probably had ''bieden naar waarde'' in my post.
> I had pricing for each of my items in post but asked for serious bids only.
> ''yeah but you did it anyway''
> got permabanned because this autist was too lazy to read my post desu
>>
>>8988576
I could do that this thursday as well, no need to pay 2,50 for the liberation festival here, haha, but let's not....
>>
>>8988653
> ending post with "desu"
Get out.
>>
>>8988653
Dutch selling stories?
>Decide to sell most of my manga on Marktplaats because I'm running out of closet space. Also bought a tablet for comics and manga so I wouldn't miss anything anyway.
>Mostly sell off my complete series, all in good condition because I actually handle my belongings with care.
>Target price at €2 per volume, shipping is for the buyer but I'm flexible as I just want to clear out some space.
>One guy offers me 25 cents per volume because it's "second hand" and also refused to pay for shipping because "that's your responsibility".
>One girl wants to pay full price but demanded I would deliver it myself because she doesn't trust PostNL. 115KM north, no thanks.
>Another guy offers to pay me €1 per volume for almost everything I had on sale but wouldn't pay until after he received everything and rated their condition himself. No deal because I'm not an idiot.
>Meanwhile sell a couple of incomplete popular series for way too much money.
>Girl responds on two series, turns out I know her from cons through a mutual friend. Sold her the series for dirt cheap and promised to pay for the whiskey tasting at Animecon (that is if they are doing to again this year).
>Get a better offer for twice the money right after selling it to her, but fuck it.
>Meanwhile there is no love for my favourite series and it only had a handful of views on Marktplaats
At least I haven't received any sad stories from poor people who want to surprise their kid or some shit.

>>8988734
I know right boku!
>>
>>8988742
> whiskey tasting at Animecon
> (that is if they are doing to again this year)

You can bet your sweet money makin' ass that they will.
>>
>>8988734
Newfags all up in here.
>>
>>8988754
I don't know, last year they had some issues and some asshole stole a couple of bottles. The guy who organises the tasting was pretty fed up about it and said he wasn't sure if he would do it again this year. Personally however I hope there is another tasting this year as I love whiskey. I just he hope he managed to get another peaty one like the Chichibu Peated they had two or three years ago.
>>
>>8988770
It's on the programme so I assume there is a whiskey tasting.
>>
>>8988797
That's great to hear, didn't even noticed they had posted this years schedule. Then again after five years I already what to expect from my favourite con.
>>
>>8988734
How to spot a newfag 2.0
>>
File: 1442687888462.png (798KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1442687888462.png
798KB, 1000x1000px
>>8988734
>not ironicly desu-ing on 4chan
Nigga you for real?
>>
People thinking they can get money by being a cosplayer in the netherlands, really?
>>
>>8988941
Who? And you mean by selling prints or something?
>>
>>8988973
Some newbie on cosplayNL
>>
>>8988941
Who? And you mean by selling prints or something?
>>
>>8988975
Ah that explains. Probably thanks its the same as being lucky, talenten And goodlooking AND in the US. or something
>>
>>8988506
>>8988570
I can't see the event, so I can't tell what the people look like who are going but... wouldn't it be good to help these people out so they can actually look good in lolita? They had to start somewhere after all..
>>
>>8988808
Its the only convention I know that actually shares as much info as possible, like with the hotel burn thing yesterday. They tend to be really quick with showing the schedule. In the beginning it is not complete but you see more and more when the Animecon comes closer. And they actually answer my mails unlike some other cons.
>>
>>8988975
Someone mentioned Party Princesses. Does that sale here in the Netherlands? (I'm not planning to do it myself or anything)
I know we have one company who makes it appear as if it's the fulltime job of the owner, so I'm kinda curious if that's the case.
>>
>>8988997
>Animecon is the most mature con we have, shares relevant information and pages, and tries to have content for both young and older visitors. Also knows how to pick the right location with plenty of hotels and public transport for easy access. However they are no longer teh "cosy con" they once were and are slowly heading towards big and commercial.
>Abunai is trying to grow up, but fails as they keep targeting teens with their content. Also still hasn't learned how to do hotel reservations properly and their current location on the outskirts of Veldhoven is is far from ideal in terms of public transport and alternative hotels.
>Nishicon is pushing too hard to become "the next Animecon", thinks hotel rooms should be paid per person rather than per room and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up crashing in the next couple of years due their forced expansion.
>TomoCon/Fair/Play/GHB does a great job at hosting mediocre events complete with dealers trying to pass bootleg material as the real deal. Also why host events in fucking Berghem when they had Nijmegen?
>Dutch Comic Con does a great job at being a comic fair with their giant dealer room, yet they try to present themselves as a proper convention which really pisses me off. Also paying €20 just so you can buy stuff at raised convention prices? No thanks.
>Elfia is being ruined by out of place cosplayers who don't seem to get what a fantasy fair is all about.
>EpiCon was the most epic scheme ever, complete with the organisation fleeing to Mootxico with money taken from ticket sales, and refusing to pay their models and employees.
Just my two cents on the cons I'm familiar with.
>>
>>8989161
Berghem is probably dirt-cheap considering its in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>8989225
And they had quite a few idiots...I mean, money-spending, mouth-breating weebs over this year as well, so I'm sure that they'll end up doing the same thing over and over. That is, until Anigenda realizes that they're a bunch of tossers and step up to actually do something about it, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>8988988
It's not that they look bad, it's that their behavior is really inappropriate and they make other people feel uncomfortable. They could dress perfectly and people would still want to avoid them.

Also if you're talking about the guy with the beard, the main thing he would have to do to look good in lolita is lose a significant amount of weight and shave off his neckbeard. Something tells me that he won't appreciate this advice.
>>
>>8989939
I thought it was ok considering the low ticket price but then again I only had a 15 minute bike over
>>
New Abunai announcement:

Good evening everyone,
Please read the message below carefully, as it contains information about:
- the opening date and time of Abunai!'s Ticket Sales (May 11th - read below for more info);
- a small change in the hotel reservation process.
(**Dutch Text Available on our website**)
The start of this year's ticket sales have been delayed considerably due to various reasons. The main reason being of course the change in hotel reservations, which is now being done by NH Koningshof (you can read about this HERE: http://www.abunaicon.nl/hotel-rooms/); the situation required some technical changes, but also a new procedure to be set up with NH Koningshof.
Now that these things are in their final stage, we can safely announce the opening date and time for our online ticket booth. This year the online ticket sales for Abunai! 2016: “Beyond the stars” will open on Wednesday May 11th at 20:00 o’clock.
We've already opened up the registration page, so that you can get more information on the available options, as well as the prices for 2016.
The second part of this announcement covers the hotel room procedure. Previously we announced that you would receive a hotel reservation form automatically after completing payment on your ticket sales. However this would disadvantage visitors who can't pay right away, as well as foreign visitors (since our only instant payment option at the moment is iDeal, which is exclusive to the Netherlands).
We've decided to change the moment the reservation form is sent. Instead of sending it after completing your payment, the reservation form will now be sent to you when you place your ticket reservation (regardless of whether it is paid immediately or not). We believe this change to be more fair and an improvement for the overall process.
>>
>>8990062
That's exactly the problem right there. "Okay! Let's host the shittiest convention with absolutely no new things to bring to the table and ask the lowest amount of money for it, that'll be a sure-fire way for people to look past all of the flaws."
congrats, you're exactly the sucker that those assholes are looking for

>>8990066
Lovely. That tells us absolutely nothing. When does the room need to be paid? Within a few days? On the day of the con? Whenever? Nice detailed infoburst, abunerds.
>>
>>8990066
tldr for y all:
- tickets sales on 11th of may 20:00 o clock
it's a wensday

- hotel registrations can still only be done with a ticket, but:
- no longer requires said ticket to be paid for immediately

- ticket prizes slightly up:
fri/sun: 21 euro each
sat: 34 euro
weekend: 46 euro

- room prizes changed:
single 140 (down)
double/twin 190 (up)
superior +20(same)

you're welcome
>>
>>8990105
except that's not abunai's problem and you should ask the hotel. But hey, they might still help you if you just ask em on facebook instead of complaining here
>>
>>8990105
You'll need to pay your ticket within 2 weeks, but I assume, as NH does the reservations themselves, you need to check their website and what they're used to doing.

>>8990108
nope weekend 49, 2days is 46, which is kind of weird?
>>
>>8990113
well shit you're right my bad.
but it's not too stange, people with full time jobs often skip friday and other don't like the sunday(or go to acc on sunday)
>>
>>8990109
A proper con (like, shall we say, anything but tomoshit and abunai) would put that in their infoburst. You know. The post they specifically made to announce these changes. It should answer all questions about what has changed, not create new ones.
Iot IS abunai's problem, because their the ones who are supposed to give us this information.

also I'll complain whereever the fuck I want, tyvm
>>
>>8990118
what part of 'we-are-not-doing-the-hotels-ourselves-please-turn-to-them-for-questions' did you not understand bud. they're addressing everything they're involved in, how the hotel does their thing can easily be found by just going to their website.
but hey, I get it, google is hard to use and your ego is too big to ask them on facebook so i did the hard work for you: "The total price of the reservation will be charged at the moment of the booking via the selected payment method.'
or you know, if you want it even clearer, you can email, call or chat the the hotel
>>
>>8990179
Sorry, but if you're a hosting a con it's your responsibility to share as much relevant data as possible. As it stands now, Abunai is shifting their responsibility after years of fucking up room reservations and even then they fail to provide us with enough information. But hey, at least they changed their idiotic policy so you no longer have to pay for a weekend ticket with zero guarantee you actually get a room...
>>
>>8990179
wait how does that work when you have to fill out a form and mail that... it's not that it's more likem when willw e hear back from the hotel and when do we pay when we hear that, because they contact us, so this won't work because it's not the same protocol as booking a room on their sit....
>>
>>8990240
I should check my interpunction before I send stuff...
>>
File: Screenshot_20160503-162315-01.jpg (190KB, 1440x648px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160503-162315-01.jpg
190KB, 1440x648px
Animecon just confirmed what we all expected, namely that the Marriott hotel fire didn't cause any major damage and guests who booked there have nothing to worry about. That will be all.
>>
>>8990250
>Magical mysterious force

Simple fucking thermodynamics.
>>
>>8990248
You could just delete your post and repost it without your typos and terrible punctuation.
But basically to answer your question, you order an Abunai ticket and receive the hotel reservation form directly. You then have to fill in said form and email it to the hotel who processes these forms on a "first come, first serve" basis. From there on Abunai has shared zero information, but it will probably be a matter of the hotel confirming your booking and giving you 2 weeks or so to pay for your room, with Abunai giving you around the same amount of time to pay for your ticket. Well that, or not pay for your ticket if you don't get a room.
>>
File: 2796682-1353690425-94c.j.jpg (135KB, 715x288px) Image search: [Google]
2796682-1353690425-94c.j.jpg
135KB, 715x288px
>>8990253
>Light hearted message to emphasise how there is nothing to worry about
>>
>>8989041
I'm auditioning for a party/event princesses company tonight actually. People do in fact pay for it so their kids can have their favorite Disney princess on their party, especially here where not a lot of people do this kind of stuff. But idk about the full time job part. Depends on the amount of customers you get ofcourse...
>>
Any fellow seagulls heading to Under the Sea and, if yes, photos of your coords pls?
>>
>>8991584
I am. Not even done with my coord
>>
>>8991584
I will be going on saturday. But I don't have any pics of my coord
>>
>>8990253
Animecon likes to dress their announcements up a little.
>>
>>8991584
I'm going Saturday. Not finished with my coord jet.
>>
>>8991584
While I'm not going myself, I would love to see some pics afterwards.
>>
>>8991584
Still trying to sell my ticket, haha. I have little hope.
>>
King of the Iron Fist tournament returns to Animecon. Great stuff last year!
>>
>>8993203
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck YES!!
>>
File: wakemeup1.jpg (391KB, 502x741px) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup1.jpg
391KB, 502x741px
What a joke.
>>
>>8993313
It's not a bad idea though! Only thing is that working with a LOT of people is kind of tough. Either they have to find a photographer that is patient and can find people to help him, or they should find multiple photographers so the day goes more smoothly.
>>
>>8993319
Look at those cosplays and tell me you want to buy a calender of that.
>>
>>8993326
To buy for charity? yes, to put in my house? no.
>>
>>8993364
Or you could just you know... donate to charity? You don't need a calender with greasy jokers to do so.
>>
Does anyone know where I can buy a good heatgun for working with worbla and foam.

They have some at bouwmarkten like gamma and shit but I'm not sure if the cheap 30euro ones will do. I don't mind investing in a expensiver one, but I don't want to waste money if the cheaper one works good.

I never buy stuff outside of holland, but Í'm willing to do so if someone can recommend me a good one. Danku zeer.
>>
>>8993376
they currently have em at the action for 10 euros and those do the job perfectly, even for the more frustrating transpa-art. you can always invest in a better one later but as a temporary one the thing is wonderful.

as for more expensive ones, parkside is a nice brand
>>
>>8993376
what is this, cosplaynl?
>>
>>8992596
What will you do if you cant sell your ticket? I dont wear lolita so I dont want to pay much for it but I'm interested in the other stuff there like the kimono vendor
>>
>>8993392
yes
>>
>>8993392
There's nothing wrong with asking for advice here. Makes for a nice change between all the shit posting about Dutch cosplayers and why convention X is better than convention Y.
>>
>>8993395
I honestly don't need much for it, it's just dumb to let it go to waste as I won't be going anyway. By all means, email me if you want it.
>>
>>8993313
>yfw he is actually planning to gather all Joker cosplayers in one place and shoot them
>with a gun
and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>8993313
The one at the bottom right looks like the love child between Nicholson's Joker and Devito's Penguin.
>>
>>8993395
not OP, but I saw a lot of people trying to sell their tickets last minute for really cheap.
>>
Where do you guys buy your wigs?
Also; when you order a wig from Arda, how much is the invoerbelasting?
>>
>>8993558
You can calculate import taxes and the 21% VAT at http://www.invoercalculator.nl
As far as wigs go, Wicked Wigs has a webstore as well as a physical store in Eindhoven. You also want to stay clear from party shops as their wigs tend to be poor quality and overly shiny. However if you're really short on cash, you can reduce the shine significantly by soaking them in fabric softener (Robijn, AH huismerk etc) for at least 24 hours.
>>
>>8993578
Thanks! Wicked Wigs doesn't have the colour I need, Arda does have it, but Minque, who sells their wigs, also doesn't have the colour I need. I think I'll search in English stores.
I already have quite a few wigs, but I'm also always looking for new stores.
>>
>>8988506
I may be joining 'cause I have nothing to do this weekend. Regarding the creep, he is pretty nice but his appearance just scares the most.
>>
>>8993665
Aside from the UK, Germany and Belgium also have quite a few shops you can try. Plus it's all within Europe so no import taxes.
>>
>>8993665
I personally really love coscraft wigs, but they are better for cartoony colours than natural looks, so depending on what you're looking for that could be a good option.
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (122KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (1).jpg
122KB, 800x800px
Idk who thought this was a good idea
>>
>>8993797
A dutch site is selling this?
>>
>>8994414
Congratulations: you'll be forever alone.
>>
>>8994435
lel

>>8994414
ga terug naar aniway
>>
>>8994414
Ik wil wel, voeg me maar toe: ThaAnimeBoi. Zou alleen wel eerst je voetjes willen zien voor redenen.
>>
>>8994452
>Boi
Ik vroeg om een vriendin, geen trap/Bf..
>>
>>8994453
Beggars can't be choosers, fatty.
>>
>>8994484
Ik ben niet dik en ben ook geen nekbaard, "fatty".
>>
>>8994550
Go shit up another thread, you desperate piece of shit. If you wanna find someone on 4chan, go to /soc/.
>>
Does anyone know any more details about the upcoming Summer Tales Boutique tea party? I remember reading somewhere that it will be on the 29th but now I can't even find that anymore.
>>
File: 178434717000202.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
178434717000202.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
>>8994452
>Zou alleen wel eerst je voetjes willen zien voor redenen.
>>
File: nasty.jpg (25KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
nasty.jpg
25KB, 512x384px
>>8994452
Eigenlijk wilde ik reageren met de meest walgelijke schimmelnagel voeten foto die ik kon vinden op google search, viespeukje, maar that shit's too nasty.
>>
File: summer.png (561KB, 491x611px) Image search: [Google]
summer.png
561KB, 491x611px
>>8994580
no other info other than this. I'm waiting for more info too, but I'm guessing they will continue planning the tp after UTS
>>
>>8994453
>>8994614
>not getting the reference.

You know anon, I would look out where I put my skype. Before you know it, it is with Klinkers.
>>
>>8994663
Don't waste your advice on him. He shits up every dutch thread looking for a girlfriend.
>>
>>8994614
>too nasty
>4chan
GTFO faggot
>>
File: 1448995651877.jpg (17KB, 590x347px) Image search: [Google]
1448995651877.jpg
17KB, 590x347px
>>8994453
Nou nou, laten we maar niet kieskeurig worden.
>>
>>8994614
Implicerend dat jij niet vies bent met dat geschooi.
>>
>>8995135
Karafker? Jugcherrie? de neuk?
>>
are we all turning into 12 year-old's on youtube? seriously?
>>
>>8995740
Kanker jwz
>>
>>8995864
Dank.
>>
Play nicely, children.
>>
How many people here go to animecon and are stressing this 1 month before the con like I am? All these costumes to finish!
>>
>>8995892
I don't get why people always stress
start earlier its not that hard
>>
>>8995894
I actually started in december, so that's not the point, but cosplay is not the only thing I do, nor others. There is school or work, some people have both, and a social life is important in my book as well......
>>
>>8995892
>Year 1: my 18 year old cat died, too heartbroken to do anything.
>Year 2: had to put my 13 year old dog to sleep due to cancer, spend every waking minute working on my props until I broke down and smashed everything because "it wasn't good enough"
>Year 3: didn't had any anime related costume ideas and I refuse to wear western gaming things to Animecon.
>Year 4: moved into my own studio apartment which required some patching up. No funds to make it build anything, only went to contact because I had a friend to stay at in the Hague.
>Now, year 5: got hit by a car 4 weeks ago and broke two ribs and my left arm in the process. Still recovering and it hurts to do anything that involves lifting, heavy breathing or laughing.
Animecon is cursed.
>>
>>8995892
You can do it Anon!

>>8995933
There's always next year, 6 times the charm, right?

I myself am just worried about being too awkward to talk to anyone at Animecon, maybe I should check out some workshops, I heard that makes it easier.
>>
>>8995933
Excuses.
>>
>>8995943
Don't be afraid, everyone at Animecon shares a couple of interests and like I said in the previous thread, just follow some workshops, go "speed dating" or bother the first smoker you see.

>>8995954
>Grief is a bitch to those who love their pets.
>Grief is a bigger bitch when you try to ignore it.
>This was an excuse, I'll give you that.
>Renovating and decorating my new home was a bit more important than making some silly costume.
>Two broken ribs and a broken arm; good luck sewing, glueing, sawing or painting anything.
At least I finished my previous costumes afterwards, so I've still got plenty of things to wear.
>>
>>8995965
> go "speed dating"

FUCKING. DON'T.
You do NOT want to be in the room when that shit starts to happen.
>>
>>8995933
damn! bad luck right there
>>
>>8995979
why not
>>
>>8995910
Doesn't matter when people start

You can make one piece in december, then dont do shit for 4 months and still stress in the end

I'm sorry but i dont believe people saying they are too busy. then skip going out, watching a movie, playing a game etc etc. you are not doing school work / work 24 / 7

i mean come on, 9 out of 10 cosplayers who complain are just lazy as fuck
>>
>>8996061
I wasn't really complaining....? just saying that the stress is coming along. But thanks for the perspective on most cosplayers, and that you think everyone is the same, pretty typical
>>
>>8996061
It's not like these costumes I'm worrying about are small "pants and top" cosplays, because I finish those within a week when I'm taking my time on them
>>
any updates on UTS?
>>
>>8996006
10 underage girls in a room with 20 men.
>>
>>8996101
sounds like a great way to make friends
>>
>>8996101
Exactly this.

>>8996090
Fancy location, loads of beautiful and in-theme coords, easy to reach through public transport, not much in the drama section; pretty good so far.
>>
exactly why I don't go to speed dating, creepy guys who take that shit way too seriously to the point of being stalkers.
>>
It's supposed to be this fun thing to meet new friends, but ppl take the "dating" part too serious, are socially really awkward or indeed turn into stalkers on social media and on the rest of the convention. I'd advice you to just talk to peopl while standing in line for food or something if they wear a cosplay you recognize, the natural way....
>>
>>8993665
Wigisfashion is the best. Their quality is way better than Arda's imo (they actually still look just as nice after you've worn them a couple of times, Arda's always look way frizzy after a couple of wears), plus they're slightly cheaper anyway and I've never had import taxes with them and they usually arrive in under two weeks.
>>
>>8996194
The way how I met my current close group of friends, been together with them for about 9 years now.
You're bound to find someone at a con who has the same interests as you do (not really much of a problem with 6000+ people there) and if you take it out of a stupid forced setting such as the aforementioned dating shit, I'm sure it'll work itself out in no time at all.
>>
>>8996101
Actually they separate age groups and while it tends to be a mild sausage fest, if you go there with the idea of meeting people instead of finding "true love" it can be a lot of fun.
>>
>>8995943 here, I was kinda looking forward to the speed dating, but now I'm not sure if I'll go..
Any other Anons here who are going alone?
>>
>>8996282
probably going alone on saturday if I can borrow a car
>>
>>8996282
I'll probably be there on Saturday (21+ group) as it's a yearly tradition between me and a lady friend. Basically it's where we first met so many years ago and have been meeting up ever since for the sake of nostalgia. Just don't take the whole "speed dating" too serious however unless you want to be that awkward guy/girl. Also if you see two obnoxious female Hetalia cosplayers, feel free to make fun of them. Nobody likes them and their over the top "in character act".
>>
>>8995892
I have my cosplays sorta ready, but I need to still figure out and practice which song I want to sing at the karaoke compo, as that was suddenly announced last minute. (lol everyone thought this year wouldn't have a karaoke compo anymore)
>>
>>8996398
I'm also trying to pick a song right now, sucks there isn't a list available yet.
>>
>>8996398
indeed, that's why I'm skipping this year. I'm pretty good at singing, but singing in Japanese verges more practice thn just an English song :/ won't have the time to practice all the pronunciations in such little time AND the song itself, whoops!
>>
>>8996398
I think it's really weird that you need to select 3 songs for the Japanese thing and supposedly have a cosplay ready for all 3 of them? What order are you supposed to do this in? Pick a cosplay based on a song, pick a song based on cosplays you have? I don't know, the rules seem quite odd.
>>
>>8996583
Also kind of wondering if the songs can be from different shows..
>>
>>8996588
They said it was just openings and endings. A lot of shows only have one of each so I'd sure hope so. I still think it's odd, especially to announce so late? No one can actually plan a cosplay around a song they want to sing now, so they're just stuck with songs from anime they happen to be cosplaying? Should've announced this way earlier.
>>
>>8996583
Picking songs based on the cosplay(s) you have is the easier option, trust me. And actually it's more like: you have to pick 3 songs, with one as main choice. The chance of getting to sing your main choice is pretty high, though.
>>8996588
They can.
>>
>>8996599
For Animecon it's indeed nearly impossible, unless it's some easy to fix cosplay. But luckily it doesn't say you really must have one. For Nagoya, you can plan a cosplay, but it's still a lot of extra stress you really don't want to have on top of practicing the songs.
>>
>>8996637
Just reeks of shoddy organisation to me, is all.

>>8996620
Yeah, I definitely realise it's easier, but you're pretty fucked if there's no songs that suit your voice or they're just not the songs that show off your talents well. It just seems unfair. I wonder if how good your cosplay is gets factored in. Like, would it be frowned upon if you had a bought cosplay? This just isn't really a karaoke competition anymore that way.
>>
>>8996583
oh wow, they changed the rules? Last yea it was, pick a song, if you go through to japan, you need to wear the cosplay that fit's the anime of the song you sing, but now you need to cosplay a character of that anime already at Acon? Well Avatar ain't gonna cut it and HxH is too manly for me to sing so nvm
>>
>>8996670
You are barking up to the wrong tree, it is the WCS/WCK organisation in Japan that makes up the rules not Animecon.

And seen what they have done in the past to favour certain countries in the WCS competition this should actually not come as a surprise.
>>
>>8997121
Nope they haven't.
>>8996583
as it's stated clearly online, you only need your fitting cosplay when you go to japan, so don't stress about that, because you got a few months until then if you make it through. "HOWEVER... In Japan you will need to wear a cosplay from the series you are singing a song of!" <- it never said you need it at Animecon, just like last year.
>>
>speeddating
in belgium at facts the speed dating was allright, lots of people, you had to register in advance so it was balanced between the sexes and they even did lgbt sessions

they didn't separate the age groups though, so I was one of the oldest (28, most of the people were 21). Did get one match, but haven't contacted her because I'm scared of girls
>>
>>8997217
oh damn, so Belgium takes the dating part real serious, eh?
>>
>>8996670
They will tell you it needs to be self made, but no one at the WKG actually checks that. You will get judged slightly on your cosplay too, but the most important factor is just to look 'neat' in your cosplay. What is also good to keep in mind btw, is that it's super hot in Japan during the Summer, so a light cosplay is better than having many layers, unless you want to torture yourself.
>>
>>8997268
>They will tell you it needs to be self made, but no one at the WKG actually checks that

that, or you could also just borrow a cosplay from a friend if they do have the cosplay you need. But like >>8997158
said, this is only a concern when you actually go to Japan.
>>
I really hope the asian dude that thinks he can sing but just screams in the microphone won't be there
>>
>>8997418
>asian dude that thinks he can sing but just screams in the microphone
So basically every Asian I've ever encountered in a karaoke bar?
>>
What's that about that joker calander tho? For charity?
>>
>>8997519
I'm thinking they are just searching for a reason to make a joker calendar because they haven't even picked a charity. I don't think it will work out, most jokers are mediocre cosplayers.
>>
>>8997519
It's just some dudes pet project that is bound to fail miserably. Finding twelve quality jokers in the Netherlands is already a though thing, let alone getting them all together to do a photoshoot. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he is using the "for charity" part for attention.
>>
>>8997531
Every Joker cosplayer I've ever encountered was an obnoxious narcissistic attention whore so I would be VERY surprised if such a large group of them actually managed to collaborate on something. They'll all want to have their solo picture on the front page.
>>
can we talk about how 'the' joker totslly freaked the fuck out at nishicon or am I late to the party?
>>
>>8997535
plus all the female jokers that suddenly want to join. I can't remember having seen a decent genderbent joker.
>>
>>8997535
Even if they manage to put aside their ego's, I don't see the appeal of buying a calendar based around a single character. At least go for something wider like DC Heroes and/or Villains or some shit to keep things interesting.
>>
>>8997551
What do you mean?
>>
>>8997551
You mean Henk or Joseph or whatever the fuck his name is? Context. All of the context, right now. I hate that jackass.
>>
>>8997574
yes him. To keep the story short, a few haikyuu cosplayers had a ball. There was a small group of maybe 15 year olds on one side, and just some others on the other side. First he was joking about it when they started throwing the ball, all the sudden he pretty much exploded with rage and made them cry. So much for being a professional. I was looking for a video but I doubt anyone has it.
>>
>>8997598
Holy shit. poor girls though.
But speaking of bein professional, remember the way the girl who hosted the competition on tomocon talked about some cosplayers on stage?Saying how one of them looked like a christmas tree and stuff
>>
>>8997603
I kind of know her by cosplays, she's cute but so awkward
>>
>>8997598
He can't be as bad as that other joker cosplayer who always shouts at every con
>>
>>8997598
Not to defend that guy, but I feel like I'm missing a major part of the story here. I just cant imagine anyone snapping just because someone passes a ball to one another. I mean did they hit him, made fun of him or something that could had triggered his sudden burst of rage or are we just dealing with a mentally ill person?
>>
>>8997619
Yes. You figure out what I said yes to.

>>8997598
Well, tha's just awful and really unexpected. That hasshole is always so fake cheery, it had to happen at some point
>>
>>8997643
>Yes. You figure out what I said yes to.
Mentally ill, got it.
>>
>>8997598
Was this near the cars?
>>
It was in the room where the stage was, he was mad because they wouldnt listen and people could get injured or lamps broken/fire alarms triggered. Like I get it dude, but stop being in character and telling them no as the joker. Because it seemed like an act at first but then he exploded. It's hard to take anyone seriously who is in character most of the time
>>
>>8997806
>It's hard to take anyone seriously who is in character most of the time
Amen, worst part of all is how defensive they tend to get when you call them out on this. Is it really that much to ask to use some common sense every now and then, or to read the room and realise people are getting fed up with your act? But no, everything for "muh immersive cosplay"...
>>
I am very curious about the Animecon karaoke. Not only won't Performous or Soramimi run it (our dutch karaoke crews).. but I heard some German group will be doing it as they only ask for a parking ticket? Another rumour was that they only use youtube videos? Dunno of those are true, but I am highly curious

Oh and do not forget that awful Joker on Tomocon.. still don't get why someone decided it was a good idea to let him run a catwalk.. It got even more akward when he didn't even wanted to talk dutch to small children who didnt understand him at all.. and he stood at the middle of the stage the whole time, not giving the cosplayers their own spotlight...
>>
Can we talk about Odori dansu? They're this kind of idol dance group and they perform at conventions? I don't really get what it is they do, but at most conventions they just practise dances onstage? They really suck at this though. Most of them may be able to dance but you can clearly see they don't practise that much. Hope conventions won't pay for such a shitty service, they're better off with 04nite >-<

Can't paste the link for some reason, but it's on their facebook page
>>
I don't really understand the difference between lolita and gyaru and whatever other categories there might be. But I saw some Under The Sea event pictures and thought there were some prettily dressed up girls walking around. In contrary to the horrendous Peggy Bundy covered in orange muck and contouring stripes I usually see......
>>
>>8998598
lolita is european historic fashion inspired, gyaru is american street fashion inspired (basicly)
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2048x2048px
>>8998598
But lolita and gyaru look so different????
>>
>>8998598
anon maybe you need to go to specsavers
>>
>>8998672
would be best commercial ever on Dutch tv
>>
>>8998598
Lolita and gyaru are each others opposites if anything. Under The Sea was a j-fashion event with mostly lolita, and a bit of larme-kei (Rose Marie Seoir), fairy-kei (KOKOkim), and kimono (Mamechiyo) on the side. Not really something gyaru would flock to. The pictures you saw where most likely lolita.
>>
>>8998569
Conventions never pay their guests. You at most get a free ticket, and that's it. But anyway, I've never heard of them before. I think their name is a bit odd, though. Calling yourself 'dance dance' in regular Japanese and katakana English?! I think if I would show that name to my Japanese friends they would scratch their heads. And if you write it in romaji anyway, what's the point of using the word 'dansu', if you could just use 'dance'?
>>
>>8998688
they were probably lolita and larme honestly.
>>
>>8998688
I knew that 2 gyaru's went to Under the Sea. So anon might have seen their photo.
But I do think they are the only gyaru's at the event. It was mostly Lolitas. I don't think the organisation really want other Jfashions than lolita at their events anyways.
>>
>>8998700
>what's the point
It's more kawaii that way, anon. The point is to be kawaii desu~
>>
>>8998711
If you mean the girls from hyper, they were there to help selling the merch of the guests. Anon could have seen their picture, but the crowd being 90% lolita, makes it more likely it were some random lolitas. And lol they shouldn't invite guests related to other jfashion styles then.
>>
>>8998711
Why do you think that?
I don't know how many of the attendees were Dutch vs foreign but lolita is by far the biggest Jfashion in the Netherlands. I often see people complaining that lolitas are excluding everyone else from events, even if those events also have fashion shows, guests and workshops for gyaru, shironuri and other even smaller Jfashions. IMO the reason those are poorly attended isn't because lolitas are pushing people out but because there simply aren't many Dutch people into those fashions who bother to show up. Plus as someone who does lolita, gyaru and mori I'd personally rather wear an extravagant lolita coord to a big event like UtS because gyaru and mori don't suit the venue (although weather-wise, gyaru might have been the best choice)
>>
>>8998711
Did you read >>8998688
Why would the organisation invite so many non-lolita guests if they don't want other jfashions to show up?

I personally loved seeing some attendees walk around in kimono, and the kimono show was amazing. Mamechiyo seemed so nice too. Highlight of the day for me.
>>
>>8998561
Im also pretty curious, still considering participating again, but it's on sunday which kind of sucks, as I also go to deshima and fuck up my voice haha.

On teh other note, are you talking about Ronald? I didnt watch the fashion show, but I actually love his act. He can also drop it super fast when you start a conversation with him, rather than just reacting to his "act". He also gave the imvrove lecture where he just talks like every average person, he does know when to stop, so this is weird to read, but thn again, I didnt see it.
>>
>>8999117
Just go for it, after all as long as you'll be having fun nothing else matters right?

>Deshima sounds
Usually I really enjoy Deshima Sounds but last year they really overdid it with all the hardcore. It was the first time I left before the night was over purely because I couldn't get into the music. A shame really, normally they tend to be a bit more balanced in terms of dance genres.
>>
>>8999506
Neodash is a friend of mine and actually told me he felt like the night was 'off' that time. So you're not on your own on that actually.
>>
>>8999506
>>8999866
I usually enjoy Deshima Sounds too, but that time was just 'off' indeed. Luckily, Abunai later last year was good again as always.
>>
>>9000045
yep, enjoyed abunai, and during tomocon last month was nice aswell!
>>
>>8999866
>>9000045
>>9000094
I'm glad to hear it was a one time fluke. Guess my groups Saturday tradition of "sake, whiskey, beer and Deshima" will be great as usual!
>>
>>9000143
best, dayplanning, ever!
>>
>>9000292
I know right? Plus I actually like sake and whiskey so the tastings have always been a blast for me. I really hope they managed to get their hands on some more Chichibu Peated like they had two years ago. That stuff tasted amazing and came very close to an Islay Scotch, which I love.
>>
>>9000300
would you say whiskey/sake tastings + drinking booze at party is worth the costs of a hotel because i was planning on just driving home afterwards
>>
>>9000488
why not try a hostel or something?
>>
>>9000488
>Sunday ticket as is required to attend Deshima Sounds: €24
>Cheapest (and only) hostel for Jun 11th ill Jun 12th according to Google: Kingcool €78, 3.4km away from the World Forum
>Public Transport costs from hostel to World Forum: €1,29
>Taxi ride back to hostel: €25 max
>Whiskey tasting: Only held on Friday, I should really stop assuming things to be the same as the previous years
>Sake tasting: €17,50 (22:30-00:00)
>Beer/Cocktails at Deshima Sounds: €25~€50
>Total extra costs on top of you Saturday ticket, gas, food, merchandise etc: €170.79~€195.79
Not worth it. In fact after doing the math on this matter I've fallen into despair over how much money I'll be wasting on a three day convention. Maybe I should fix myself a Nozomu Itoshiki outfit so I can continuously scream at Animecon in how much despair I am over spending so much money on their con. Then again that would mean spending more money on their con...
>>
>>9000636
some people may say it IS worth it, some people don't think so :p just matter of opinion and how much money you actually got to spend.
In my case going is totally worth it
> weekend ticket €63
>Public transport to the convention free (weekend abbonnement)
>free stay at family
>30 minute walk, sobers you up a little after deshima

only thing to "worry"about are the drnks and amount of food I buy at the convention, but since I don't have extra costs, well.... I can pretty much go all out.
>>
I hope they have another talent show this year, and hopefully it won't be at the same time as other big events. Last years judges were kind of embarrassing though, especially that one guy who said that one performance would make his panties wet if he was a girl.
>>
you don't actually need a hotelroom at animecon if you can stay awake long enough :p
>>
>>9001092
Let's not make the suggestion for people to stay awake for three days straight. I don't mind being a sweeping gopher, but I'd rather not clean up unconscious people.
>>
>>9001092
every year I think the same, every year I am grateful I still got a hotelroom/campingspot/hostelroom booked
>>
Does everyone have their popcorn Ready? Because tonight at 8 the annual abunai room hunger games will commence!
>>
>>9001203
ssssh, no its not -cough-
>>
>>9001203
May the server load be forever in their favour.
>>
>>9001119
Just talking about saturday night. Whether people pass out is their own fault. Some just have no clue how to take care of themselves at conventions
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462975425592.jpg (157KB, 1457x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462975425592.jpg
157KB, 1457x2048px
Thoughts on yashincon? http://yashincon.nl/
>>
>>9001029
I'm not saying the con isn't worth it, in fact Animecon is the only multi-day con where I don't bore my ass off or feel like a fossil surrounded by teenage weaboos. However spending an additional €200 just so you can get drunk and go to Deshima Sounds isn't exactly worth it imho. As for me;
>Weekend ticket: €63
>Large locker to stuff with food and drinks bought at the AH, bags, coats, and merchandise: €18
>Stay at Court Garden: €94 (no breakfast because AH around the corner, my usual room mate, 15 minute walk from con)
>Whiskey tasting, sake tasting, sushi workshop (aka sushi dinner): €52,50 combined if I remember the prices correctly
>Food: avg €5 per meal, €35 total plus snacks
>Drinks: Carvan Cevitan Green Tea lemonade, free coffee at my hotel, six-pack of Hertog Jan at Deshima: €15 tops
>Train ticket: €11,90 (NS Weekend Vrij)
>Tram costs: €5 max
>Merchandise and on-hand backup cash: €100
>Total: €399,40 of which €175 has already been paid and €100 doesn't has to be spend.
Like you said, food and drinks are the real danger at cons. It's always way too tempting to just go and buy a kroket as a quick snack, and the smell of taiyaki alone is enough to make me want it. All those little expenses usually add up to a lot of money like my typical €20 a week spend on DE coffee at the train station.

>>9001119
Any fun Gopher stories you're willing to share? Friend of mine was one last year, heard some funny shit from him.

>>9001203
That's today? Shit, lemme write a GUI in visual basic real quick to hack into their server (address 192.168.168.1) and prevent anyone from buying tickets, unless they pay me 0.5BTC.
>>
>>9001279
>Paid meetup for cosplayers with workshops and the ability to borrow cosplays that weren't made for your body
Not my cup of tea but I'll add it to the next OP if we reach 300 posts before then.
>>
>>9001279
>http://yashincon.nl/
What the actual fuck.

> 2 person ticket, but it doesn't show that it's for 2 people. How are you going to prove that?
> Super crappy site with absolutely no visuals
> Events: a cosplay tryout (hooray, wearing cosplays that have been worn by dozens of other sweaty people that day. No, thank you.) and workshops...of which there are none.
> volunteers: have to be present from 9 to FUCKING 10PM IN THE NIGHT. While the con closes at 8! This makes no fucking sense and, according to our labour laws, is super illegal!
Pretty much the only thing good about it is their location, with it being so close to the station and all.

Big shock, but I don't think that "yashincon" is going to be any kind of a success.
>>
>>9001295
>volunteers: have to be present from 9 to FUCKING 10PM IN THE NIGHT. While the con closes at 8! This makes no fucking sense and, according to our labour laws, is super illegal!

Now hold your fucking horses. You're allowed to work 12 hours a day at maximum, yes, but they're required to give you a 1 hour break. As long as they give volunteers a 1 hour break over the day (be it in 2x 30 mins or 1x 60 mins), they do nothing illegal. I know because I work in the food service industry and days where I work 10-12 hours a day are not uncommon.
>>
>>9001279
cringy as fuck made by some nobody weaboo
>>
>>9001279
Looks like something I will be skipping.
>>
>>8999005
The kimono show was amazing indeed! Kimonos are beautiful in general, but the way she mixes it with different things is just an creative and awesome take on kimono.
>>
>>9001279
I can't say I get enthused by the idea to have other people running around in my costumes.
>>
>>9001295
What is it with people just randomly making and organising cons? Just...stop already!?
>>
>>9001362
Hey gaiz I'm here to announce a collaboration that will be known as Dutch /CGL/ Con! Tomocon will be providing us with their location in the wonderful Berghen while Abunai is in charge of ticket sales and hotel bookings. We'll also have a ton of special guests, all of which are cosplayers we fucking hate. There will be rotten tomatoes on site which you may throw at anyone you hate as well as anyone with either a fedora or a neckbeard! We also got some super cool events and workshops like "White Knighting on 4chan 101", "Anon Knows it Better", "How to be Creep", a special Q&A hosted by CK from Kerkrade, OP and some random girl we drugged with GHB, and the ultimate VR experience known as Google Cardboard. Tickets are €10 but will show €5 on the bill because we made a mistake. Also hotel rooms will be given away through a lottery and the more raffle tickets you get the higher the chance is that you end up with a room. Kthnxbai!
>>
>>9001353
funny how only the people in CosplayNL without cosplays think it's a rad idea, and the actual cosplayers are like, wait what no.
>>
>>9001390
Welk duh, this is probably their only chance to actually wear a decent cosplay for a bit. That is if their body type is similar to the original cosplayers, people don't wreck the costumes, the costumes stay clean and so on...
Honestly I don't see the point of such a meetup. It's not like the internet doesn't have any cosplay tutorials or that proper cons don't do cosplay workshops.
>>
>>9001380
at least you have events made up
>>
>>9001380
You win three internets.
>>
Abunai ticket sales has been unleashed.
>>
>>9001483
And there is still zero information about how and when to pay for your hotel room. I can't wait for the hotel to go full "credit cards only" thus screwing the majority of all Dutchmen.
>>
>>9001494
That will be a glorious day. Having a CC is the best.
>>
File: normal_163_6370.jpg (54KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
normal_163_6370.jpg
54KB, 480x640px
me at animecon (way back)
>>
>>9001483
No 2 person Rooms unless you Have w registration nummers sadly.
>>
File: IMG_0074.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>9001500
>>
>>9001494
the PDF form you get says you have to pay before 15/06, through bank transfer or creditcard.
>>
>>9001501
Do you really need the registration number of the second person for the hotel registration?
>>
File: normal_163_6346.jpg (67KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
normal_163_6346.jpg
67KB, 480x640px
>>9001502
>>
File: IMG_0067.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0067.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>9001507
>>
>>9001505
Yes. They will invalidate your registration if you don't have the one of your roommate.
>>
>>9001497
Pre-paid credit cards have relieved me of so many problems with hotels and international vendors.

>>9001500
Almelo! So many great memories...

>>9001501
Are you kidding me? This is why I hate Abunai and their lack of communication.

>>9001503
At least they stated it somewhere, would had been nice if they actually put this up on their site or Facebook.
>>
File: IMG_0069.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0069.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>9001513
>>
File: Dsc00967.jpg (148KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Dsc00967.jpg
148KB, 960x1280px
>>9001517
>>
>>9001505
Well, that or their payment code.
>>
File: IMG_0077.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0077.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>9001518
>>
>>9001514
>In case of a double/twin room, only 1 person has to fill in this form
>and mention the name of the sharing guest to avoid duplicates.

I'm confused.
Does it mean I'm safe or do I need to find out the registration number of my friend?
>>
>>9001523
We both send an email, just to have more chance on getting the room.
>>
>>9001526
>We both send an email, just to have more chance on getting the room.
Yoy are aware the hotel works on a "first come first serve" basis, right?
>>
>>9001507
They had a fun cosplay act. Why all the Anime 2005 nostalgia, anon?
>>
>>9001530
Yeah, but maybe my friend made a mistake or it's not accepted for whatever reason. Like, who cares, it's not like we have less chance if we both send in the form.
>>
>>9001534
True, besides considering the eternal Abunai clusterfuck I wouldn't be surprised if they would lose a bunch if reservations.
>>
>>9001518
>shujin-x
Good memories
>>
>>9001507
I remember these. Oh man...
>>
>>9001533
Why not? Moar of this, nostalgianon.
>>
File: 1347291692987.png (11KB, 402x424px) Image search: [Google]
1347291692987.png
11KB, 402x424px
I'm amazed by how badly the abunai registration was done.

Very little information available plus it was very confusing. Some of my friends didn't have excel so they couldn't even send the form. It's like abunai doesn't want to be professional. Who the hell thought this was a good idea?
>>
File: IMG_0068.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0068.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>9001533
only edition I ever went to and went on a nostalgia trip.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160511-205130-01.jpg (288KB, 1440x814px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160511-205130-01.jpg
288KB, 1440x814px
If this is true...

>>9001549
Are these the same people who tried opening it with notepad followed by using One Drive to fill in the form?
>>
File: Img_2255_jpg.jpg (82KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Img_2255_jpg.jpg
82KB, 600x800px
>>9001542
>>
>>9001279
I think someone had a fancy idea for a school deadline and didn't really think it properly through.

I doubt the person/group organizing has a lot of experience organizing events and/or in the cosplay/costuming world.
>>
>>9001545
Because it seems so random, but I'm not complaining.
>>9001558
I see. Well good choice, Anime 2005 was a nice edition.
>>
>>9001516
your point 3: Abunai didn't know a whole lot what NH koningshof wanted to know. Heck they only just today knew when kind of format the form would be. It's not really abunai's fault that you needed to fill in the other persons code, you know. Blame NH
>>
>>9001575
Or... or.... and hear me out here..... or they could have checked the form more then 10 minutes before the event went live?
>>
>>9001575
Thanks for the info, abunai staffmember.
>>
>>9001564
if the NH people aren't too stupid, they need to click on the formula and it will show the numbercode
>>
>>9001581
lol, not a staffmember, I actually asked shit on their page today, maybe you should've done the same....
>>
>>9001582
>if the NH people aren't too stupid
Erm...

>>9001580
A thousand times this. As a con it's your responsibility to inform your guests in the best way possible. Abunai could had easily asked the hotel for more details beforehand instead of going for yet another registration clusterfuck.
>>
Complaining to Abunai staff members directly over FB or in person doesn't work, so complaining here won't do you much good either.

Nearly all of them scream they want feedback, but when you give it to them they're like "please e-mail us". Like do you guys want feedback or not...
>>
>>9001607
Yes we do, but we want it in managable form. Dumping it on Facebook isn't the best way to do that and has lousy traceability, especially if you're expecting a reply and are not just ranting for the sake of it and then deleting your post when someone actually replies.

Please do provide your feedback, using the communication channels provided by the organisation. If you really want to be heard, surely typing an e-mail isn't too much to ask..?

Kind Regards,
Someone From Abunai!.
(who will leave 4chan for what it is after this, as this is no official communication channel for our organisation ;> )
>>
>>9001633
But you had to respond ;)

*bait.jpg*
>>
>>9001633
Nice way to make yourself a target, jackass.
>>
>>9001633
I've been feeding you guys feedback for years, in just about every form possible, (save for smoke signals).
You guys are a bunch of self-absorbed, ignorant, clueless, delusional walnuts with the attention span of a rock.
Abunai isn't able to navigate itself out of a paper bag if they tried.

Your only redeeming quality is the fun over your visitor's misery each and every year the hotel stuff goes down.
Hell, even Animecon didn't have it as bad compared to you guys, and they didn't have any hotel rooms back in Almelo. OK, maby they had a couple, but they were gone in 60 seconds.
>>
>>9001654
Feels good to rant once in a while.
>>
I've been going to abunai for a couple of years and it's pretty much the same deal every year, And they be like 'nope this con is great nothing has to change'
>>
>>9001633
>Yes we do, but we want it in managable form
>E-mail
>Manageable
Wouldn't it be a lot easier to use an online "bug tracker" as is commonly found in software development, and rename it to "Abunai Complaint Tracker"? That way complaints can be more easily managed, duplicates merged and each and every reply you guys make will be fully open to the public. After all, transparency is key in improving your con's somewhat poor reputation. But until then...

>Please do provide your feedback, using the communication channels provided by the organisation.
Is there any particular format I need to follow when sending you this month's list of (valid) complaints made on /cgl/?
>>
I've personally thought the bigger cons like Abunaicon should change locations because the amount of visitors seem to be rising compared to years ago. The hotel rooms seem to be sold out within minutes too, unless you're willing to travel a small distance for accommodation. But I assume it's easier said than done.
>>
>>9001633
Hi Mark \(^@^)

Go crawl under the rock that bitch cinny (or whatever that twats name is anyway) put you under.

Giving feedback to abunai is like mopping with the faucet running.

The only chage i expect to see at abunai is bankrupcy.
>>
>>9001662
My thoughts exactly, the only things that changed over the course of the three editions I went to are that it is now nearly impossible to get an hotel room, the lines have grown and the hallways are more sweaty than ever.

>>9001671
During their third(?) year in Veldhoven they oversold tickets and didn't scaled any of the events up. That already resulted in longer waits and overcrowded events which, combined with having the same events every year, made me stop going to Abunai. It also doesn't help that it has become next to impossible to obtain a hotel room and that Abunai is held on the edge of Veldhoven which makes finding an alternative hotel pretty damn hard, especially if you plan on drinking or are depending on public transport to get from A to B.
>>
>>9001686
I decided to google some things, and apparently Abunai's current location is the 6th biggest hotel in the Netherlands with 509 rooms and the number one biggest hotel is NH hotel in Amsterdam Rai opening in 2016 with 650 rooms. It isn't a big difference, to be honest.
>>
>>9001700
Sadly it isn't just about the size of the Hotel:
Animecon had Almelo which was small and only had Hengelo so they moved to a location with a 200? Room hotel and 2 big hotels and like a bazillion cheaper smaller ones within short reach by foot or public transport.

Abunai Only has Veldhoven and about 0 other hotels in the area.

The small 1 day cons don't have this issue, and I wonder how Nishicon will do in Amelo (especially on the same day as First Look...).
>>
File: 1445717414622.jpg (15KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
1445717414622.jpg
15KB, 250x244px
>>9001664
This is actually a great idea
>>
>>9001700
While the hotel wouldn't be much of a difference, the city itself is a major change for the good;
>24/7 public transport and night trains within the Randstad
>Enough parking options in the Rai area
>Multiple hotels and hostels available around Amsterdam, although at a higher cost because it's still Amsterdam
>Apart from Utrecht, one of the most central locations within the Netherlands
Other than that the obvious downside is the steep price to rent a place like that for the weekend, which will raise ticket prices up significantly.

>>9001716
Thanks, it's pretty natural to me as I used to program a lot before I stopped being autistic and switched studies to sound engineering.
>>
>>9001721
dont bully programmers
>>
Almelo has 196.

Novotel World Forum: 216
Mariott hotel: 306 (300meters)
Crowne Plaza : 174 (300meters)
Rest of the Hague: 10,000+

The same is true for locations like Ahoy, Rai, Jaarbeurs and the like. And it wouldn't be in the middle of effing nowhere which is always nice :)
>>
>>9001723
Found the programmer.
>>
>>9001725
there's literally nothing wrong with programming and related subjects
>>
>>9001704
Ah yes, I hadn't thought of that yet. I've realized the distance between Eindhoven hotel and Veldhoven is pretty big as well, at least big enough that you can't be arsed to travel all the way to the city for food or something. Always had disliked that as well.
>>
>>9001721
What's wrong with programming? It makes a decent amount of money, anon.
>>
I am amazed by the "we don't do the hotels directly anymore so we are not responsible" attitude.
The moment you partner up with another organization (in this case Abunai and NH), you become responsible. You are to advice each other and know what the other is doing with thing that has influence in your operations.
The hotel is definately of influence to the things that Abunai does, so they are indeed responsible.

See it like NS and Prorail: If a train runs late because of a fuckup from Prorail, NS will not say to their customer: Fuck you, Prorail screwed us. They will absorb the the complaints, talk with Prorail and together, Prorail and NS look for the best ways to ensure the customer is the least affected by maintenance work (hence, in the weekends). If they did not coöperate, their would be almost the delays would be way worse than what we have now already .
>>
>>9001737
Funny story actually, one day during my second internship I found myself staring out of the window, just daydreaming and stuff. Then when I looked back at my screen I felt nothing but emptiness. Suddenly I realized just how much I hated sitting in that boring office space, programming line after line, having to write boring documentation and changing everything after each meeting. Then I thought about how this would be the same for rest of my life and so, felling nothing but emptiness at what my life would become, I quit my internship and HBO Informatica on the spot. I spend two years "travelling" and figuring out and hopefully, I have now made the right choice.
>>
>>9001760
>HBO informatica
im doing WO informatica and it does seem dreadful to me that you'd be programming for the rest of your career. You probably made the right decision.
>>
>>9001744
Ns also sucks though
>>
>>9001763
Honestly, I never should had gone with Informatica. I loved the security aspects I had on MBO4 and so IT Security and Management would had been the better choice. It's a shame I completely burned out of my interest for technology. Oh well, I can always return as I have my P.

>>9001764
The NS at least gives away free coffee and refunds whenever they fucked up badly. Can't say the same from Abunai.
>>
>>9001764
At least it's not the NMBS...
>>
>>9001704
Outside of the hotelroom issues Abunai's location is quite nice. Like so many of us have tried to communicate to Abunai: the fucking location is not the problem, it's the lack of accommodation around it.

Since Abunai staff has a massive boner for Koningshoff the problem could be remedied easily by hiring some buses so people can get off the con to their hotel in Eindhoven during the night. The reason why so many people complain is that they want to attend events like Deshima but they can't because their last bus leaves at like 23:30. Not everyone drives a car either or has access to a relative/friend who drives one.

Yet several staff members are just basically like 'lol get a cab then, how you get off the con to your hotel is not our responsibility' The only argument against hiring buses that I got was that hiring buses was 'too expensive'. Looking at the average bus renting agency rates they could easily cover the costs by upping the ticket price with a few euros. Animecon is like 15 euros more expensive than Abu at this point and people still come there in droves, so people will pay regardless of what you charge them anyway.

>>9001744
THIS ANON GETS IT

Abunai is really giving off the vibe of running away from their responsibilities.
>"You want to have a hotelroom? Contact NH please."
>"You want to leave the con after public transport has ceased and you have no access to a car? Call a cab not our problem."
>>
>>9001764
Doesn't matter, they are not blaming others, like Abunai does with the hotel, hackers, cheaters and just about everybody else except themselves.
>>
>>9001795
>Animecon is like 15 euros more expensive than Abu at this point and people still come there in droves, so people will pay regardless of what you charge them anyway.

Yes, but I pay that 15 euros extra for quite a bit more quality. I would not pay the same price for Abunai.
>>
And we just hit 300 posts again, which means we're once again auto-saging!

The new thread, Dutch Thread: "Mandatory Yearly Abu-naai Thread 2016 Edition: Electric Hotel Communication Boogaloo" can be found at >>9001798
>>
>>9001769
hahaha true that
>>
>>9001805
fyi anon, autosage is at 310 posts here these days. No idea when that changed!
>>
>>9001804
It has a lot more activities, a nicer venue, more catering on site and food options nearby, big contests and is easier to get too for most people.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.