[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which field do you think has stagnated worse? Cosplay photography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nykpsoUzy51r7kjwqo1_500.jpg (75KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nykpsoUzy51r7kjwqo1_500.jpg
75KB, 500x333px
Which field do you think has stagnated worse?

Cosplay photography or cosplay videography?

I ask as it seems that on the photography standpoint popular photographers are just churning out glamor pics. Meanwhile cosplay videos are still stuck in the slowmo, 360 pan formulas.

Which trends annoys you more?
>>
I think Ackson-style cosplay videos are the most boring thing I've ever seen.

Cosplay photography isn't usually particularly exciting, but the subject matter and the fact that 99% is shot at cons is pretty restricting. Taking it to the next level would require the logistics that professional fashion photography does, and very few of us on the photog or cosplayer sides can afford that.
>>
definitely con videography
style differs between photographers and you'll see various things if you look at other photographers. it makes sense that a singular person uses the same style but refines it over time. if you want different stuff look elsewhere. con videography is the same even between different people. there's no styles, just the one with the music and the spinning. if anything that's why ackson got out of the game because he was just doing the same shit and then others were copying him so it was no longer special. no one has changed it up at all.
>>
File: 1245863853913.jpg (128KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1245863853913.jpg
128KB, 800x534px
>>8983881
Cosplay photography is getting boring to me but I think its because I see it more. The main issue lies with what the cosplayers want. Popular cosplayers only want glamor shots and regular cosplayers want more photos that show off the costume and make them look good as they want to show the pics off.

As a result you get a lot of boring flat pictures of cosplyers standing in empty space. Sure you get a pose and some neat faces but you get something with little storytelling or emotion. I'm not asking for people to go outside and shoot on location or use studios. I just wish people explored the characters more and get something that shows the character in other ways besides what they look like.

Pic related - a cosplay photo I like
>>
>>8983893
t makes sense that a singular person uses the same style but refines it over time. if you want different stuff look elsewhere. con videography is the same even between different people. there's no styles, just the one with the music and the spinning.

It also doesn't help that videographers only shoot the best of the best cosplayers. Not only do they shoot the same but they all feature the same people
>>
i wonder if i know op considering i know the people in the icon...
>>
>>8984223
Dpiddy, Dozer and Beatdown Boogie change things up
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.