[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone who cosplay's as a hobby creates a facebook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: 456788756457687.jpg (371KB, 2048x997px) Image search: [Google]
456788756457687.jpg
371KB, 2048x997px
Why does everyone who cosplay's as a hobby creates a facebook page to post their once or twice a year cosplay? Who's it for and what's the point?

Or worse people who make a patreon to fund their cosplay with nothing to offer their donors.
>>
>>8979563
>Why does everyone who cosplay's as a hobby creates a facebook page to post their once or twice a year cosplay?
because all it takes is one person you know to make one, then two then suddenly its the must have thing

>Who's it for and what's the point?
People who make them very quickly loose interest and stop updating them.
>>
that's certainly a variety
>>
>>8979563
>Or worse people who make a patreon to fund their cosplay with nothing to offer their donors.
Prestige

I know it sounds like bullshit but the mere fact that someone has a donor seems to inflate their ego and what they view their status to be to that of a quasi-professional cosplayer, regardless of skill or popularity.
>>
>>8979563
>patreon
This really pisses me off, but it pisses me off more desperate retards donate.
>>
>>8979563
>Line of bunnygirls
>Put the 2 fattest ones in the center
>It's like Jupiter with all its moons around it
Goddammit, fat girls cannot be bunnygirls.
>>
>>8979605
the height also triggers my autism.

Have the tallest on the sides and work down in height to the centre
>>
>>8979605
Those aren't bunny girls, those are the evolutions of eevee. Even more cringe.
>>
File: YIyaU89.jpg (292KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
YIyaU89.jpg
292KB, 2048x1367px
>>8979612
Seems to be the popular thing
>>
File: 1457686308972.png (257KB, 320x583px) Image search: [Google]
1457686308972.png
257KB, 320x583px
>>8979623
I hate this.
>>
>>8979623
>"professional"
>>8979563
>"hobbiests (I assume)"

I honestly don't know which group pulled it off better
>>
File: yay.jpg (583KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
yay.jpg
583KB, 2048x1367px
>>8979623
fixed
>>
>>8979633
kek
>>
>>8979563
All those terribly... Terribly made suits... Umbreon and leafeon get a passing grade for being slightly better than the other fourteen.
>>
>>8979650
But on topic, my guess is to separate professional life from normal life? Or to just have the right to say "I make money off this hobby therefore I don't have to feel insecure when I tell my mom I still play dressup."
>>
>>8979563
Maybe only 2 or 3 fit properly, a few others technically fit, but they just look poorly made.

Not that I can talk, I've only ever really met one person who made a bunny suit that fitted perfectly. It's probably one of those things that unless you have training you should probably pay to have made.
>>
>>8979563
i know people who casually cosplay and they have cosplay pages only so if someone asks if they have a page or contact details they don't have to give away their private facebook
none of them are anywhere near professional though
>>
I'm one of those that have a Facebook page. It's not at all to seem professional, but as another anon said, it is to keep in contact or to give to people you meet at conventions if they ask, so I don't have to have them on my personal friend's list. It even states on my page that it is a hobby in my spare time. The Patreon thing annoys me, though, and it's pretty much for people who are dying to have professional status. Once a person states they have 'donors', they will think they're right up there with Jessica Nigri.
>>
>>8979695
This. I just have a page so people can check out my work without being on my personal facebook as well.
>>
>>8979563
>facebook page

Makes tagging easier.
>>
>>8979563
>>8979623
The fat ones in the middle must really be hating themselves right now.
>>
>>8979754
this, the only reason I have a FB page is for my friends to tag me in stuff. I dont want it on my personal page, so.
>>
>>8979650
how can you get uppity about costumes of characters in a video game made for little kids not meeting up to your standards
>>
>>8979754
Yup this. It also makes it easier for when I want photos back, I have a real easy way to direct people to get tagged or get the photos back.
>>
>>8979798
Because costume makers are artists and bad art is bad. Also, as you said, "characters in a video game made for little kids"; bringing Halloween-costume-esque sexy-whatever into Pokemon is a weird creative choice.
>>
I dont want to add every one I meet at cons to my facebook for one, it clutters up the place. I'll follow cosplayers I like though.

My main reason for wanting to start one soon is just that its fun to share what i'm working on with my friends who cosplay, but my family has never approved of my hobbies and thanks to my job I need to look professional at all times to them. Right now i have anything I myself post behind a lot of facebook filters so only certain friends can see it, bu I dont have that control in things others tag me in. So yeah for that last one thast a big reason I want one, I want to see photos people tag me in from cons with out them ending up all over my friends facebook feeds.
>>
Never ever going to make a page for myself. Just the step of needing to pick a "x-cosplay" name is beneath my twisted pride.

What are the dumbest names that you've encountered on the web?
>>
>>8979816
Usually names where it's outright using a name from an anime, video game or comic just with cosplay on the end. Some I've seen have been Sasuke-Cosplay, Joker-Cosplay, those sought of things. I mean it doesn't need to be totally original but at least maybe combine some things to make it newish.
>>
>>8979798
Not who you're replying to but it doesn't matter to me what the source material is, seeing really badly made costumes makes me sad. Also these sexy bunnies are clearly meant to pander to the adult fanbase and not little kids who wouldn't know any better.
>>
>>8979816
Dumbest I've personally seen was something like "[name]-chan the Kawaii Uke". Good luck trying to distance yourself from your cringey fujoshi past when you're older and this shit is plastered all over pictures of your face.
>>
>>8979605
The Eevee is cuter than half of those other girls so...
>>
>>8979808
You can actually have control over what people tag you in. It's in your settings somewhere you can make it so that you have to approve anything people tag you in. It's really helpful
>>
>>8979563
I made a cosplay page because I wanted somewhere to post my shit without cluttering up my main profile and half my friends list wouldn't appreciate seeing it anyway. I also meet a lot of people at cons who want to see my other cosplays and I just tell them to find my page rather than having a ton of random people add me, because i'd rather keep my profile personal for close friends and family.

I find a lot of people think that because they've had any kind of positive feedback on a cosplay, they think they can make something out of it and think getting tons of likes makes them feel good and more popular than other cosplayers. I couldn't care less about the number of likes I have on my page, it doesn't have any effect on how I feel about cosplaying or what events I go to and shit. I just go to cons to have a good time.
>>
I have thought of making a cosplay page but honestly, that's a hassle. If u cosplay it really is because I just wanna dress up like the character for a day, that's it. I've had pics taken of me and the pbotographers and pages get frustrated cause I don't have a page. I feel bad a bit, but I really am just doing it for me and cause I like the series/character.
>>
>>8979563
>the shiny umbreons pose (black on the right) oh shit
also the only one i like is glaceon on the left, it looks like most of them didn't even bother with proper makeup
>>
>>8979568
>People who make them very quickly loose interest and stop updating them.

I am so guilty of this. Now it exists for people to tag me in convention photos instead of my personal page.
>>
>>8979816
yep me neither, i post all my con pics on my regular facebook page, i just don't care.

And if someone asks if i have a page i just say nope, just a regular facebook page i rarely post on. If someone tries to friend me i usually deny and ignore unless i know them
>>
Why do people complain so much about Facebook? People used to have a DA for their cosplays, then Coscom took over, and now FB because it's the most logical option. Having a cosplay FB isn't a problem, it's when people start like-whoring or acting superior for having a lot of "likes".
>>
>>8979563
which eeveelution is patreon?
>>
>>8981898
Idk but there's a few Fatreons.
>>
>>8979798
So which of the fat ones are you?
Can you tell me what the fuck the silver one is supposed to be?
>>
>>8981911
Not that anon, but I'm pretty sure that the ones on the right are supposed to be the shiny versions of the pokemon on the left.
>>
>>8981914
And now somehow it's worse
Thanks anon
>>
>>8981920
>>8981914
I think it's shiny Eevee
>>
>>8979563
I feel so bad for the two girls on the left. They are my favorite and actually look like they put effort into the gajinka design and costume. All the rest look like they just slapped on a matching wig and ears.
Also
>fat chick with fur neckbrace to emphasize how much neck she doesnt have
Kek
>>
>>8979563
I have a cosplay FB to keep from spamming my actual FB with costume shit and to keep from being tagged on my normie FB in con photos and nerd related stuff.

I'm also in the not unique position of not wanting nerddom to bleed into my work life. I'm a psychiatrist and half my clients are weeby, transtrendy, aspies. If they found out I costumed they'd latch onto that and never let it go.
>>
>>8979563
These eeveelution groups that keep popping up really need to keep it to one normal, and one shiny at most.

>4 leafeons all different colours
Why?
>>
>>8984759
Just say it anon, you feel bad because they're the prettiest ones. You can't even say their designs are better because all the designs the same lmfao.
>>
>>8986447
There's only two leafeons. The two other green ones are shiny jolteon and espeon.
>>
>>8986471
Nah, third in from the right is by far the prettiest one, and probably one of the best bunny suits.

Why the fuck is the Jolteon wearing a black bra with a light yellow bunny suit. It sticks out more than anything else in the pic.
>>
>>8979563
Personally I think everyone thinks their one step away from being the next Nigri.
>>
Some people keeps their public and private lives seperate. If your job requires you to have a social network of some sort then you need the cosplay page to stay low key.
>>
I honestly hate bombarding vast amounts of photoshoot images on my personal Facebook.
>>
>>8986491
Funny how she seems to be the only one who's even wearing a bra with straps, because her bunnysuit is apparently too shit to keep her tits up.

>sudden desire to make myself a bunnysuit
>in what context would I even wear it? none of the characters I like wear bunny suits
>>
>>8988688
Could at least get a yellow/white/flesh bra. Instead of black, the worst color.
>>
File: 6543.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
6543.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>8989888
>>8988688
>>8988044
>>8987955
>>8981911
>>8979800
>>8979633
>>8979611
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.