[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replica comparisom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 23

File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Hi gulls, my HL arrived. Last time there was a replica thread there was some discussion about holy lantern replicas and I said I'd do a comparison since I owned one and people were interested in seeing the differences.

Honestly there is such little difference in the replica to the real thing. The fabric is almost identical. The replica has some discolouration on the white because it's old but design wise, it's almost an exact double. I think you would never really know it was different if not for the discolouration.
The only major difference I've noticed is that the white lace is similar but not as good looking. For me, that's the only thing that would really give away it's a fake. The lace on the bottom of the dress is pretty close to the real thing but just a little bit worse., however you wouldn't notice that much. The replica is a tiny bit lighter than the real thing but it's very close (the picture doesn't capture the difference very well). It could also be because it's old though.

The black pattern in the dress is flocky on both, as discussed in the previous thread.

All in all this is a really good fake. I'll upload a close up of both patterns side by side in my next post.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>8973346
And here is the pattern (don't mind the colours, they look really light for some reason and I couldn't fix it). They are almost identical. The real thing looks a little bit better but the difference is minimal in my opinion.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed or found this interesting. If you want any other close ups feel free to ask.
>>
>>8973352
>>8973346
I'm not sure if I'm just insanely picky, but you can for sure tell which one is the replica. It has a cheap "feel" to it just from looking at the pictures, and the print itself looks blurred.
>>
>>8973352
So the replica is on the left? Thanks for the comparison.
>>
>>8973355
Again the pictures aren't great, it's indoor lighting and irl it looks really similar. Maybe I'll try and take better pictures in daylight.
To be fair also, this is an old replica from a few years back so it's not as nice as something brand new.
>>
>>8973346
As soon as I saw the pic I thought it was pretty obvious that the one on the right was the original. The quality on the dicky is so much better. The pearls and lace especially. Down by the cuffs the quality of the lace is much better on the real one, too. I'd most interested on the bottom lace, though, since thats the one replicas always fuck up the most on. And also the neckbow could also be a dead giveaway, since the shape of bows is something companies normally fuck up on too.
>>
>>8973356
Yeah it's the one on the left, with the white discolouration. No problem, I always like seeing comparisons myself.
>>
>>8973358
Still most everything about it just looks off to me. I'm probably just overly picky though.
>>
>>8973352
>difference is minimal
kek

The difference is massive.
>>
I had the wine zipper jsk from oo jia, and I have to say the fabric is totally different. Although there is a raised print on the oo jia, the fabric quality was mediocre compared to the original. You can see the texture/weaves of the base fabric with the replica, whereas the real one has a smooth, silk like feel. The color is pretty similar, though the replica a a hair darker. Most likely due to the sheer fabric against the black lining. The real one has matching lining, so the color seems more vibrant. The cross ties were poorly done on the replica. They were obscenely long compared to the real one.

Sorry I don't have the replica anymore, so I can't do a side by side. But I just wanted to chime in!
>>
Even my boyfriend who doesn't know much of anything about lolita correctly guessed the replica immediately.
>>
>>8973361
Yeah the white lace is definitely its biggest downfall imho.
The bow is similar enough in shape, it's the stars on the bow that is the giveaway actually. I'll try and take some pictures of the bow and bottom lace later.

>>8973368
Ah, this isn't from oo jia, this is from a shop on taobao from years ago. To be honest the original price was like €30-40, and honestly for that price it's very decent in my opinion. I wish I could see the oo jia though, that'd be interesting.
>>
>>8973365
>>8973370
keep in mind that this is a couple of year old dress that's been shoved in to a closet vs a brand new one to be fair.
>>
>>8973346
I think you are underselling it, even when I didn't read the text I could spot which was which immediately. I mean, it might be a bit more passable when you don't do a side by side, but next to the real deal it's glaringly clear.
>>
>>8973380
Ah yeah, I mean seeing it right next to the real thing it's way more glaring, but standing on its own it's actually pretty decent considering.
>>
this is really interesting... i wonder how they'd look worn side by side
>>
>>8973346
Op you seem to be blind. Color diff is pretty noticeable. White is the easiest as the replica isn't even white and that isn't age. Detail wise the print is blurry.

Like can you look at it from afar and think it is ok? Yes. But next to the real one? It's a cheap imitation and it shows.
>>
That gross lace makes me feel itchy just looking at it...
>>
side-by-side it's pretty obvious but I think we all need to think about it contextually - imagine the replica in an average or mediocre proof shot on a sales comm. by itself, I feel like it could look decent enough for someone who isn't checking closely to become overexcited by their HL thirst and buy it without asking if it's replica (if they owner is a bastard and says nothing)

>>8973352
there's bits about the replica print that definitely look wonky but again, I could see this certainly fooling a newbie or someone who's way too excited to buy HL.
>>
Even my husband who doesn't really "get" lolita, guessed it immediately.
>>
>>8973379
If it's just been sitting in a closet and only for 2 years, it should look the same as new

>>8973380
You mean overselling.
>>
Even my cat who isn't really into lolita guessed it right away.
>>
Even my cockatoo
>>
>>8973346
Do you remember the name of the shop where you bought it? I want to get one for myself and quality seems acceptable. I'm afraid to order from Tao sellers without live photos of the replicas itself.
>>
>>8974405
Don't get a knock-off, it's tacky, and it's really obviously fake. Wait it out and save up. With the HL orders having arrived recently, you might a real one for sale soon enough.
>>
>>8974407

Seriously. HL's price has tanked because of all the MTO coming in recently. You could probably get one well below retail if you're patient.
>>
File: 1460506923603.png (394KB, 598x564px) Image search: [Google]
1460506923603.png
394KB, 598x564px
>>8974407
I'll get a replica because I'm a fatty-chan. More and more prints are getting custom sized replicas and I think that's good because many of us don't fit in brand.
>>
>>8974415
>fatty chan
>expecting to fit into taobao replicas
pls
>>
>>8974416
>what is custom sized
>>
>>8974418
>taobao replicas
>custom sized
>>
>>8974419
Are you retard or just clueless? Many stores do custom sized replicas.
>>
>>8974415
Then lose weight to fit the real thing, or get something else entirely. Don't wear a fake.
>>
>>8974407
With the high waist cuts angelic pretty has been doing nonstop lately, a custom size replica would look better on my tall ass than brand.
"One size fits all" doesn't really work when you're selling to an international audience. So unless brand starts making something for my tall ass, I have no problem getting replicas of their precious designs since they clearly don't give a shit about me.
>>
>>8974421
>don't do what I don't like

keke
>>
>>8974407
It is not like HL is my biggest dream dress, and I'm not sure the potato sack style would look good on me, so I wanted to try the cheaper option. But thanks for your advice
>>
>>8974422
The stink of entitlement is pungent. Just wear something else.
>>
>>8974424
If you keep watching sales you'll probably find it below retail in the next few months. If it doesn't fit, you'll probably manage to sell it for close to what you bought it for. Either way, good luck!
>>
>>8974425
Don't you think expecting people to do what you do or want them to do is way more entitled?
>>
>>8974427
No, I think whining that a brand with a very small customer base doesn't cater to you and buying fakes of their items is entitled.
>>
>>8974428
That anon is not whining, it just decided to give money to someone who actually fulfills her customer necessity. Or do you expect people do buy brand even though they don't fit, then they try wearing it so you have content for ita thread?

But it's alright, I know this is a veiled critique on anyone who is too tall or too overweight and they shouldn't be wearing sacred japanese fashion, am I right?
>>
>>8974420
Are you clueless? How many quality replica stores have you seen that have custom sizing? Peach House and 1/2 cup milk, which are the taobao stores that do the most replicas don't have it. Taobao barely has any lolita with custom size
>>
>>8974422
heres a better idea
support brands that DO care about you, helping them get popular so ap realises how important it is?
>>
>>8974431
>what is the noobest site called mylolitadress

Pls
>>
File: 1452435394007.jpg (150KB, 789x689px) Image search: [Google]
1452435394007.jpg
150KB, 789x689px
>>8974432
>supporting brands who know you exist but don't give a shit about you
>>
>>8974430
I never said they should buy brand if it doesn't fit, where did you pull that from?
There are tons of options for Lolitas who don't fit brands. There are lots of great taobao stores who do custom sizes and original designs, and who have pretty good quality. There are seamstresses who will take comissions and even alter pieces. There's even Bodyline if you catch a sale and want some filler pieces.
There's no excuse for giving money to people who rip off other people's designs for profit.
>>
>>8974435
Are you even reading the comments you're replying to?
>>
>>8974436
If brands cared so much about this crowd they would be doing plus size or longer dresses instead of just throwing a full shirring piece every now and then. But AP and BTSSB dresses are as short as they can be. I guess Meta wins this time, huh.
>>
>>8974439
Because like 99% of their customer base is tiny Asians. Of course they're not gonna waste money on new designs and custom lengths when the market for that is a niche within a niche.
>>
>>8974459
If they are not up to invest knowing people might pay for it then they can go fuck themselves. If there is a print I like and I don't think it will suit my body, I'll get a replica. Nothing you can do about it, hun.
>>
>>8974439
BABY used to make plus size dresses but nobody wanted to buy them
>>
>>8974466
People 'might' buy them. It's a lot cheaper to produce 1000 identical dresses than in various sizes. If production costs are higher then their regular prices are higher. I don't actually care if someone wears a replica, people can and will buy what they want, but that argument is stupid and just makes you seem entitled. If you get 1,000 customers who fit one specification and 20 who don't, you're going to favour the 1,000- it's simple business sense
>>
File: 1386749521410.jpg (74KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1386749521410.jpg
74KB, 960x640px
>>8974479
Besides, those 20 people who can't fit the dresses buy them anyways
>>
>>8974482
nevar forget
>>
>>8974415
at least you're not gonna be stretching out actual brand, pls stay away from my frills fatty-chan
>>
>>8974422
> i'll buy fake knockoff shit because a japanese brand won't cater to every single person individually
that entitlement holy shit
>>
>still fighting about replicas
Yeah i agree and all but then...are your RHS from Vivienne Westwood?
>>
I'm not opposed to buying replicas because I'm cheap and a bad person, but what the fuck is up with the entitlement in this thread. Just admit you're like me. We're cheap. We're bad people for buying products that rip off the company and artist. You don't DESERVE or NEED that specific AP print. if it was a body issue you have many options to get something legitimate that fits your body.

Also, put down the cupcake fatty. Seriously. I used to be chubby and it gives you a toxic mindset with all the fat pride nowadays.
>>
>>8974431
You're laughably ignorant about replicas, my friend. Part of the big appeal of replicas is many stores do custom sizes. Please stop.
>>
>>8974438
But for real, brands need to be more accommodating to different sizes. It would undercut the replica market. I get art theft is shitty regardless but brands are businesses and need to respond to consumer demand if they want to be successful. I have the opposite problem of dresses being too big if they don't have corsetting, and being able to choose between small medium large--which a lot of taobao stores do--really draws me away from brands. I mean, they're smaller AND charge less for decent quality.

Brand loyalty was nice when they were the only ones making dresses. Now there are other, cheaper, quality, customizable options and brands need to step up the appeal.
>>
>>8974412
Still waiting for that to happen. Most of the people already got their dresses and yet no influx of HL on the second hand market.
>>
>>8974557
Except, the stores who do the really good replicas dont
>>
>>8974479
Can we stop pretending brands like AP and BTSSB are struggling to make profits and only want to make girls' dreams to come true? They are niche, but they're far from tiny indie brands. Their primary aim is to make money, so great, they do so at the exclusion of some people. The girls whose sizes they can't accommodate will look elsewhere. That's not entitlement, it's simple business. People with money get to choose what they spend it on. If brands get to do what makes sense for them without regard for the people left out, people get to purchase what gets the best bang for their buck regardless of brands' fee fees.

Art theft is morally wrong and shitty, but it's not like art theft is ruining the lives of brand artists. There's a huge difference between stealing from a small artist who depends on their art selling to make rent and big brands with storefronts, advertisements in magazines, and releases that sell out in minutes. These businesses take a hit but it's not like you buying a replica of a brand dress that sold out is going to impoverish the poor workers at AP. It's more fucked up to be buying shit made by kids in China, but guess what most of us still do? Get off the high horse. If you're going to criticize replicas, at least say it's because the quality is shit.

Knockoffs exist of every thing that has ever been slightly popular, and if BTSSB and AP are taking a massive hit to the pocket they need to do something about it. It's competition, it's brutal, but that's how the market works. Adapt or fail. Consumers who want to demand more fairness need to push for legislation to protect artists' work (especially if they're in another country) and not rely on people caring about the fee fees of sell to do businesses.
>>
>>8974649
While lolita replicas target a small audience in the world's population, replicas/knock-offs/counterfeits are incredibly harmful to our global economy and it's incredibly ignorant to think that a replica of a brand dress isn't going to affect the workers at AP/BtSSB/other brand companies.

Do some research on counterfeits and how it effects employment, tax revenue (yes you pay these for a reason), wages, and overall quality control.

You cannot put an end to counterfeit products when they're around 12% of the world's TOTAL ECONOMY - THAT'S OVER $720 BILLION. Customs already have a difficult time as it is removing fake designer items, cheap/dangerous electronics, and even worse fake pharmaceuticals. In 2012 bitches were talking about taking these diet pills from overseas. While I could shrug and just allow Darwinism to take its course some people unknowingly consume products without knowing their authenticity. It's difficult to combat so brands rely on customer loyalty.

Please stop underminding fakes when it's a huge problem, not just in lolita.
>>
>>8974415
Fatty-chan here, I used to think the same way as you. Then I started doing research on all the brand dresses I liked, and basically looking through as many as I can on Lolibrary. You will be surprised how many brand dresses actually fit you. Especially AP and Meta have dresses that go up to 110cm in the bust. It does suck though that I can't fit into every single dress I like, but at the same time it's probably good for my wallet that I don't buy so much.
>>
>>8974415
I'm a fatty as well and started out with replicas because I thought nothing would fit. I've got an Ikea wardrobe packed to the brim full of brand I can wear, and friends who are far larger who wear exclusively brand. It's no longer an excuse, unless you are seriously pushing over a size 26/28 US, and maybe then I can see not having any options by brands at all.
>>
I've always wondered if fatties are honest when they say they only wear replicas when brand doesn't fit. Because 10 out of 10 times the matching headbow will be fake as well- even though they would be able fit the brand one
>>
>>8974785
When I wore replicas, the headbows came with them or were insanely cheap.

These days, I can spend eons hunting down a damn headbow for a dress a few years ago. Some people will even go for a replica headbow when they bought the real dress because they can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>8974268
>If it's just been sitting in a closet and only for 2 years, it should look the same as new
Only if they kept it clean.
>>
>>8974576
All the ones I see are regular price or higher still.
/cgl/ don't know jack shit.
>>
>>8974763
I think when you put numbers to it - there is obviously a difference because math doesn't lie.
However, much like most people I've worked for big ass corporations that would flip shit over theft because if it kept happening, it'd destroy their business, sure. But once in a blue moon someone takes 10 bucks worth of shit from a big grocery chain or a big clothing company?

Like you can't tell me some place like Macy's is truly hurting and gonna end up in the red because someone rips them off for $30. They're gonna be fine.
The reason it's wrong and looked down upon is because if EVERYONE did it, then yeah, the market would tank.

We're talking about a hand ful of fatties and poor fags who MUST wear lolita. Most of us are still buying brand, myself included.

Not defending buying replicas cause like I said. It's fucking wrong and if more and more people think it's okay, it'd be a fucking problem.

As of right now, it's not exactly an epidemic. chill the fuck out.

Also can I point out that I wish OP was better at science experiments? You should have posted the two dresses and let people guess which one was real and which was the replica. Then provide proof as to who was right or wrong with tag evidence.
>>
>>8974766
>You will be surprised how many brand dresses actually fit you. Especially AP
Fatty here, seconding this. AP has some fucking tiny ones but I fit most. Even with a big bust.
>>
>>8974832
What the fuck are you talking about? Do you really think it's just ONE fatty-chan who's buying ONE replica? That isn't $10 or $30, there are hundreds being replicated.

Companies like Apple hire private investigators to find people in China selling counterfeit goods. White men who pretend to play stupid and not know the language. This takes months until they find the operations and shut them down and there are still a shitton of fake iPhones that are being sold.

Wtf do you expect tiny lolita brands to do to combat counterfeits? It costs a LOT of money to shut down these factories and they're doing what they can with the budget they have. Why do you think AP and BtSSB are pandering so hard to build loyalty with China? It's so Chinese lolitas will find value in their brand than settling for replicas. Brands ARE aware of replicas/counterfeits and have been vocal about them. Why do you think EGL banned replicas? AP actually stepped forward and reached out to the egl community to put a stop on it.

>http://egl-comm-sales.livejournal.com/19246500.html
>http://egl.livejournal.com/18736259.html
>http://lavieclassique.livejournal.com/92226.html#cutid1
>http://egl.livejournal.com/18346910.html

By building rapport and a good customer base, it's forcing people to find it more difficult to purchase/sell replicas. But you can't get rid of the problem because people will continue to buy cheap fakes from China.

It's not an epidemic but it is hurting the brands that helped build lolita into what it is today.
>>
File: replica.gif (480KB, 1576x1778px) Image search: [Google]
replica.gif
480KB, 1576x1778px
>>8974832
>if more and more people think it's okay, it'd be a fucking problem.
>As of right now, it's not exactly an epidemic. chill the fuck out.

Pre 2012 when replicas were accepted on egl-comm-sales. DoL, Kids YoYo, and Oo Jia made thousands of dollars off of replicas. People who bought replicas were also less likely to purchase brand so that was more money funneling into art thieves. We don't see too many replica posts on selling platforms but it doesn't mean the demand for replicas has lessened.
>>
So, does anyone have a recent replica they'd like to compare to their authentic dress?
Since OP's replica was years old, I wonder if the quality of the replica HL's has gone up.
>>
>>8974921
>ONE
I said handful.

>It's not an epidemic but it is hurting the brands that helped build lolita into what it is today.
and yet they insist on not catering to certain people.
>>
>>8974984
>and yet they insist on not catering to certain people.
THEY TRIED and it was a huge fucking flop and if you need a dress with a larger bust than 110cm then you got other shit to worry about
>>
>>8974991
This. AP made some L sizes and they didn't sell to well, same for Baby. The demand for the bigger sizes is not big enough that it will acutally make a profit for brand to produce them. Despite that it's proven that even the normal size has gotten bigger in the last few years, especially AP, which is the most replicated brand. So yeah, no real reason not to buy brand there.
>>
>>8974415
Don't get the sack dress cut, fatty-chan. You will look horrible like many before you. If you're gonna wear a replica at least look good enough to make up for it.
>>
>>8974415
Lose weight, you fat piece of shit.
>>
>>8974998
Could you elaborate on the larger sizes for AP, or point me in the right direction for finding info on it? I'd love to track some down.
>>
>>8974415
obvious bait
>>
>>8974998
The issue with AP and BTSSB's size L dresses were that they tried doing that shit too early on. now lolita is more popular than ever.

AP made a dress catering to those who are taller recently too and... it was fucking ugly.

So until then, these will be getting my money
>Meta
>custom taobao brands
>Hanueli and other Storenvy shops that cater to the tall lolita
>Replica makers

I'm sure if brands like AP and BTSSB did a MTO on dresses in larger sizes it wouldn't be hurting them at all.

but with half their dresses coming out looking like this
its only going to fit a very tiny crowd- and if I'm in love with the dress, the brand is basically telling me to go fuck myself- so replicas it is.

You can whine about how its entitled that I want FUCKING CLOTHES THAT FIT ME

or you can just accept its these brands fault. If its not going to fit, I'll be taking my money elsewhere.
>>
>>8974942
The best thing you can do in this case is try your best to edcuate newbies on why replicas are a bad choice and you're actually wasting your money.

I've got a good collection of replicas to compare to my originals now and I do panels on it at conventions when I'm able. It really helps form impressions on those newbies early on and encourage them to go with taobao, or hell, even bodyline or find 2nd hand rather than just shelling out for overpriced burlap sacks.
>>
File: 1454388738310.jpg (420KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1454388738310.jpg
420KB, 1280x850px
>>8975049
>it's brands' fault you're a fatass
>>
>>8975049
You're not entitled to have something just because you want it, you realise that right? Thats like saying "I want to see this movie, but I only want to watch movies in my own home so I'll give all my money to the sketchy street vendors who can sell me a bootleg copy. Its the movie studios own fault that they don't cater to ME and MY NEEDS!! I NEED to see this movie RIGHT NOW and the movie studio is just telling me to go fuck myself because they're not letting me watch this movie how I want."
I'm sorry you're a fatass but really
don't steal art, support the brands that cater to you and forget about replicas.
>>
>>8974984
People aren't necessarily going for replicas due to sizing constraints. They do it because it is cheaper or easier to attain in most circumstances.

I don't think it's fair to expect the brands to reduce their costs because replicas are cheaper. Replicas are cheaper because they didn't have to do the hard work of drafting the design or having to deal with the same overheads (specialist employees, bricks and mortar, materials, tax, etc). I'm willing to bet there's some inequality in the system for these factory workers that are making these replicas as well.
>>
Isn't holy lantern considered plus size? How big do you have to be for it not to fit?

There is some Moitie stuff that I want but don't fit with a 72cm waist. Funny I have never seen replicas of those pieces.
>>
>>8974649
>>8974649
???
I don't get why you're responding to me like that. I literally only explained why a business wouldn't choose to cater to every single market and even said I don't care if people wear replicas. It is entitlement to believe you're due something and that you're entitled to that thing regardless of where it comes from. Again, people can buy replicas if they want but to argue that they should cater to you is stupid. There's a huuuuge range of Lolita items available in a variety of sizes. You aren't entitled to that one dress. If you choose to buy the replica then that's you, just don't rant about why you HAVE to buy it because you don't
>>
>>8975071
>moitie
Now that you mention it. Wasn't there something about oojia not wanting to make any more moitie replicas because of a sob story?
>>
>>8975053
>>8975058

>underweight
>6'2"
try harder anons

"wahhh art theft"
its an print being mass produced with a design. its as much art as a newspaper.

you can call it entitled that I choose to spend money on things I please (like something that actually fits me)

fun fact- I had a replica of angelic pretty dress, but when they rereleased it- they made something more friendly for tall girls. guess what I bought?

when they do cater to me- I snatch it up. when they don't and I love a print enough- off to a replica store I go.

catering to Lolitas of different sizes isn't that hard, and if a brand is digging their heels in about it that much I'm kind of iffy about giving them money anyways.

Meta- look at glorious meta! they have a plus size section which also works on tall girls! do you know how many tall and plus sized girls flocked to meta after that?
>>
>>8974552
Voice of reason
>>
>>8975077
>6"2 and underweight
I had no idea HWC was a lanky man..
>>
>>8975081

>"I can't fit into brand- but I really love the print so I'll buy a replica"

"PUT DOWN THE CUPCAKE FATTY"

>"I'm tall"

"A MAN??"
Jesus anons, at that point its not even a reasonable argument anymore. If you want to look more reasonable than the pro-replica side, try not doing that.
>>
>>8974766
>>8974833
>fit
You don't fit them. Being able to squeeze your body into a piece of cloth without destroying it is not the same as fitting it.
>>
>>8974558
Brands are not catering to an international audience, people need to realize that. They know they have a western market and have made themselves more available in recent years, but Japanese brands will always have Japanese customers as their first and foremost concern, get over it.
>>
>>8975077
lmao I'm tall too, you need to try harder.
Either buy longer lengths or invest in some underskirts, there's literally no reason to buy replicas. I don't expect brands aimed at tiny Asian women to cater to me at all, I'm an outlier and I work with what I get.
>>
>>8975077
>its an print being mass produced with a design. its as much art as a newspaper.
Then why don't you wear newspaper? Mass production has nothing to do with it. The print is literally an illustration that someone worked to make. That's like saying music isn't art because CDs are mass produced, or because you can download the files for it.
>>
>>8975130
This.

As much as I love AP I only really find brands like BTSSB actually trying to accommodate western sizes. You could be a size 8 in the Uk but if you have a large bust you can become limited in choices.
I got my DD recently w/o shirring and it is a bitch to wear because of my bust due to AP's sizing. Sometimes I feel they cater for Asian woman with the bodies of children.
>>
>>8975141
Adding I do not buy replica's, frankly I am against them but AP sizes are a bit bias.
>>
>>8975137
how tall are you anon?

do you by chance like classic lolita? your advice means shit to a sweet lolita like me.

>underskirts
look like shit with a built in petti
doesn't magically fix the high waisted jsk problem
doesn't work on most dresses

>longer length
doesn't magically fix the high waist problem
doesn't magically fix the sleeve problem (too tight for my long shoulders, or sleeve length too short)
practically doesn't exist if you like sweet lolita

What I find funny is I don't really buy replicas, its a rarity, yet you seagulls are jumping down my throat like its all I buy. I own a total of two, while the rest of my closet is brand or taobao- because as I stated before- I'm more willing to throw money at people who cater to me.
>>
>>8975140
someone worked really hard to make that newspaper too anon.
>>
>>8975145
>defending replicas because I don't REALLY buy replicas
>>
File: tumblr_o41l26dOra1tboegko4_1280.jpg (680KB, 567x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o41l26dOra1tboegko4_1280.jpg
680KB, 567x960px
>>8975145
Underskirts are wearable in any style, including sweet, and on normal dresses just look like a ruffle or extra trim. The high waist can be improved by adjusting jsk straps or re-sewing buttons, but can't really be helped for OPs. If it's the print you're after though then you can stick with the jsk cut.
I'm broad shouldered too, so I try to get OPs with elasticized sleeves and/or necklines or again, stick to jsks.
You're boring.
>>
>>8975144
AP is fucking huge though.

I have DD and wear AP almost exclusively. Baby is nice though. The only brand that basically fucks you sideways with a harpoon is Innocent World which is made for people who have bodies like lamposts.

>>8975130
They do cater, to a degree. This is part of the reason why there are releases with different cuts. At least they realize that with more shirring and adjustable straps, it can accomodate a little more. But there's only so much fabric and elastic you can put into something before it no longer properly fits say, the majority of asian women who are short and petite with B-cups if that.

This is why you have reports of Asians swimming in AP and models have to often have their dresses pinned back so they fit decently in photoshoots.
>>
>>8974415
>baiting this hard
anon plz
>>
File: 1457406801934.jpg (53KB, 605x539px) Image search: [Google]
1457406801934.jpg
53KB, 605x539px
Ok serious question.
Most of you are against replicas blahblahblah but what about outside of lolita?
Also can you consider Vivienne Westwood rocking horse shoes that have been done by brands as replicas?
>>
>>8975161
that's sweet classic, and it also looks like shit.
>>
>>8975227
That's sweet with classic influences, there's a difference.
>>
>>8975219
As long as it isn't art theft, I'm fine.
>>
>>8975227
If you're too thick skulled to recognize basic lolita styles then I guess there's really no helping you.
>>
>>8975219
Shoes arent as hated on as print stuff, and they arent as bad since it is taking a shape of shoe that isnt something you own, vs art work which is owned by someone.

Even stuff like VW rocking horse shoes arent super unique, they are platforms with a wood sole and the cut out.
>>
>>8975250
I've always wondered about shoes.
I once bought a pair of shoes off of Antaina without knowing that they were replicas of a BTSSB pair (I don't keep up with shoe releases) and had someone in my comm not thrown a tantrum about my shoes, I doubt I would've even suspected they were replicas.
They're so generic though. They're just mary jane heels with a bow on the front and back.
>>
>>8975077
They aren't 'mass produced' prints though to the likes of H&M and other fast fashions. They come in limited runs, and to even liken design to a newspaper is completely disingenuous or shows a lack of comprehension on your end. These prints are not public commons - they have employed a small team of artists and designers to come up with them under the Angelic Pretty name and is their own intellectual property.

I feel like you are not even trying to be empathetic or understanding to the designers at all. They can do what they want and design for who they want. It is common in Japan to only provide clothing as one size fits all. It is cheaper to produce this way and fits the majority of the Japanese populace which is the market they are primarily selling to.

The onus should not be on them to put an end to replicas by meeting every possible person's needs and demands - it is not profitable.

That does not mean these replica factories should be allowed to steal and take advantage of others hard work just because you want AP to cater to you - a minority in an already niche fashion.

I'm sure when you go to the shops and find something you really love, you try it on and them sometime see that it doesn't fit your stature. I'm sure that you are perfectly able to shrug it off and find something that fits you instead of demanding everything fit your silhouette perfectly. You come to understand that our body shapes are so variable that not every garment is going to look good on you and they are generally designed for a standardised females figure in the country you come from.

I suggest you shrug it off with regards to AP as well and stick to Meta and other brands that are working for you, instead of being belligerent about it.
>>
>>8975258
>>8975250
a lot of things like that are so generic they don't retain any intellectual property rights because that would be fucking stupid.

i like to think of it as amount of complexity vs amount of imagination required.

obviously mary janes with a bow, a heart purse 'wrapped' like a present or the like isn't that hard to think up, not much imagination is needed to make them. some things look complex but are generic (like that one MM dress) but they don't require a lot of imagination either.

something like ap's melty moon bag or baby's usakumya are really simple but very imaginative. and something like shoes with the heel being a cabriole furniture leg is much more complex and imaginative.

so, even though there is a lot of debate over what is 'legally' a replica there, the moral issue can be solved fairly easily.
>>
>>8974549
This.
>>
File: c9ae4901r43ut4o1_500.gif (844KB, 443x270px) Image search: [Google]
c9ae4901r43ut4o1_500.gif
844KB, 443x270px
>>8974549
>>
>>8975161
Your example looks awful, anon.
>>
>>8974799
Tbh "replica" headbow a is a market is invest in. Like not the exact print but something similar in the same color ways would save a lot of my hours searching for head accessories.
>>
>>8974549
but that's a design copy only, not print, so that doesn't count as a replica, as dresses which don't have print
>>
>>8975275
>>8975250
What the hell? It is not art theft because you think that art is not "imaginative" enough? It doesn't counts as art because it is a "shoe shape"? Are you kidding me, is this an elaborate bait or trolling? Does /cgl/ know anything about art?
>>
>>8974432
Christ almighty. You must be in high school, righ? Middle school? Lord have mercy your mind is small little one.
>>
I honestly could give two shits about replicas. It's everywhere people, there's no escape. Brand typically is superior and replica usually are shitty but people are still going to buy both extreme ends of the spectrum. Get over yourselves and enjoy the fashion for what it is and who cares if the artists involved have their "art" stolen. There is no way around it.
>>
File: 1371070503085.png (344KB, 392x586px) Image search: [Google]
1371070503085.png
344KB, 392x586px
>>8974549
No because I think RHS are clunky. I buy other VW shoes instead.
>>
>>8975306

That is how the actual copyright law works with clothing, at least in the US. You cannot copyright a cut of a dress, or a shape of a shoe, because they are considered utilitarian items.
>>
>>8975317
That's like saying "look, enjoy this movie, but if someone else who is a fan punches the actor in the face, just ignore it, it doesn't matter"

Yeah, it does matter. Brand designers have specifically mentioned that replicas upset them. This is something fairly well known in the community. So yeah, people care when other people disrespect the fashion and steal from people they admire.
>>
>>8975158
Because it doesn't fit into your narrative of replica-chans buying exclusively replicas while rubbing their hands together as brand artists starve to death.

>>8975161
>make all this effort because you should cater to companies, not the other way around
>>
>>8975343
Brands should be catering to us if we were their target demographic, except we're not. The western market is an afterthought at best.
>>
>>8975343
It's ready to wear fashion, not bespoke. They can't possibly cater to all the edge cases like fatties and tall people. They're an edge case in the West even, let alone Japan.

The only way someone who is really fat or really tall is going to fit things is if they buy items for specialty stores specifically for their figures. I bet they have a hard enough time in Western stores already.

Lolita is not some fashion for fat or tall westerners and was never intended to be. Suffice to say AP already fits most of their western patronage (even fatties and tall people depending on the garment).
>>
File: dafuq.jpg (18KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.jpg
18KB, 403x389px
>>8975335
>>
>>8975274
How are newspapers public commons though...? Journalists own their intellectual property too. Stealing someone's written words without credit and/or selling their work is considered plagiarism. A small team of people DOES work on newspapers. This part isn't aimed necessarily at you, but this plus seeing people say shoe replicas and bag replicas are "just fine" in this thread shows me the mental gymnastics people will go through to attack "art theft" hurting burando but do the exact same thing to other kinds of artists without blinking an eye because they say they don't "work" hard enough or aren't "creative."

AP is a business. If they want to undercut replicas, they CAN provide more sizes. How is it that AP, one of the largest lolita brands, can't afford to do custom sizing while tiny Taobao shops offer S M and L to the SAME exact customer base? We can assume these smaller shops have less profit margins and will never reach a volume of sales AP regularly does. So the "AP can't cater it's toooo nicheeee" argument just isn't true. Even Meta manages it. If the issue is that they make more profit by limiting size options, then they'll have to deal with other businesses taking advantage of that weakness. As >>8975049 said, lolita is way more popular now and AP could easily do sizing (especially a MTO of larger sizes), which would undoubtedly expand their customer base, which THEN would counter any potential losses in implementing sizing. And no ugly all-over shirring or having to waist tie/corset the fuck out of your dress to "make up" for the lack of sizing.

But really. It shouldn't be so perplexing that girls spend money on stuff that fits them. Regardless of your tears over entitled fatty-chans. You want take a high horse about art theft, throw away your Bodyline RHS and Antaina tea parties.
>>
>>8975335
Replica-chans are punching my kawaii ugu burando artists now? Someone make a petition quick
>>
>>8975367
I have traveled far and wide across this board over the years and having a degree in business, I must say, this is the most impressive, rational and intelligent post I have seen on this particular board pertaining to business and profit despite it relating to lolita fashion, wow. I could cry thanks to the amount of sense and how well thought out your post is anon. Hats off to you.
>>
It's like the recast BJD vs legit shitstorm all over again.
>>
>>8975367
AP probably doesn't do it because they don't want to, or don't really understand the western desire to do so. So, just making up with shirring and the occasional this is bigger than usual seems to be doing "fine" for them. Fatties like myself through our money at them anyway even if we have to bind our tits and corset our waists just to fit into them and cover it up with a bolero and pray nobody sees our arm and tit fat oozing out the edges.
>>
>>8974482
The real tragedy here is blue girl's bra.
>>
I think i'll be grabbing a replica of this. im feeling the pattern, and i'll be making something from the fabric.
>>
File: 1456687074096.jpg (18KB, 497x258px) Image search: [Google]
1456687074096.jpg
18KB, 497x258px
>>8975343
>all this effort
>literally takes 2 minutes to re-sew buttons
>>
>>8975367
>>8975377
AP doesn't have to exist as a corporate entity trying to eliminate competition and maximize profit/market share. I'm pretty sure they just want to make pretty clothing and accessories, maybe scratch an artistic itch here and there working on something they love. The western market was just an incidence, so opening international stores was probably just a nod to us. They're in the business of making lolita fashion, not in the business of increasing revenue and aggressively marketing/catering their global presence. They don't have to figure out logistics and designs/planning for MTO of different sizes if they don't want to. It'd be nice if we as a community could boycott replicas, which actually disrespect the original creators. Instead salty gulls feel entitled about a fashion store not originally meant for bigger westerners and complain that risk-averse Japanese people are slow to adapt to a very suddenly popular product. How is this even hard?
>>
>>8975389
But AP has gotten huge lately. A lot of their back shirred pieces can fit 100+cm bust. That's really large... if you have trouble fitting into that, do you really think they should be catering to you, or is the failing on their part?
They also have been doing adjustable straps so there's a little wiggle room there too. The dresses are designed to hit a certain length on the majority of their customer base, of which I assume are not 5ft10.
>>
>>8974832
Not an epidemic, I'm pretty sure there are more sugary carnival replicas than the real thing. It tanked the value
>>
>>8975367
It's not like buying a newspaper print, you dense motherfucker. It's like buying a shitty binder copy of an artbook.
>>
>>8975317
Same here. I could give a rats ass about replicas. I've never cared about the whole debate and if people want to buy them or not, I don't care.
>>
>>8975460
You expressed everything I was thinking so eloquently. Hear, hear.
>>
>>8975476
I mentioned it upthread how it's gotten so huge that Japanese models need to pin it back. I know it's big.

That said, if one person who has an 85 cm bust and another with a 105 cm bust can wear the same garment, (20cm difference) that's a lot of catering toward a lot of people. There are some pieces that are reported to go much higher than that that are back shirred. Hell, I put on 20-25lbs and I can still wear most of my wardrobe.

I've had pieces from 2008 that I could barely get on (or rather off) when I was smaller and new pieces that are still extremely roomy to the point where I could probably gain another 20 before I start to have issues with it.

I was more or less tired and making stupid commentary about trying to squeeze my fat ass into my shit and covering up my shame. But at least that shame isn't a replica.
>>
>>8975517
>what is reading comprehension
>>
why is this thread still up? literally no one is on topic.
>>
>>8975075
Never heard about this, anyone know the story?
>>
>>8975367
Maybe the people who work in the replica factory get paid 5 cent an hour.
>>
>>8975161
This is actually really cute.. Replica or not. I've transitioned into pastels out of fucking nowhere recently and suddenly I'm on this floral/pastel kick. Send help.
>>
File: DSC_5698_550x368.jpg (72KB, 368x550px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5698_550x368.jpg
72KB, 368x550px
>>8975651
Moitie florals anon, stay strong!
>>
File: blushmega.gif (774KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
blushmega.gif
774KB, 500x281px
>>8975658
OOOOMG I WANT THAT TOO!
>>
File: IW iris jsk.jpg (174KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
IW iris jsk.jpg
174KB, 864x648px
>>8975661
You don't have to fight it anon, just get a good universally beautiful floral that you'll never regret.
>>
>>8975664
This would be really easy to put into normal wear! Omg..Thank you. So tempted to make a floral thread, but Im sure there is a sweet thread somewhere in the catalog already.
>>
File: silky rose moitie.jpg (16KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
silky rose moitie.jpg
16KB, 240x320px
>>8975667
Just make a spring/summer coordinate thread!
>>
>>8975667
Or go to this thread:
>>8953931
Yay!
>>
>>8975367
shoe and non print replica theft is different anon.
replicating a print is crossing the line
>>
>>8975658
Tulle rose is $500, good luck anon
>>
>>8975706
>500
Worth it.
>>
>>8975699
But the line is imaginary.

>>8975329
>law is like that so it must be correct
no. for me stealing an iconic shoe is no different than stealing a print. why do you think brands started constantly releasing prints rather than good non-print designs? why LV plasters its logo on everything they sell?
>>
>>8975711
RHS is a basic platform shoe. Wooden soles is nothing new- that has been done for hundred of years. I don't think I have seen the heel cut out before, but that is for functionality and not much the ~creative design~ itself.

They're basically leather pointes and tassel shoes with a block of wood glued to them. The Melissa collab however is a different talk.
>>
>>8975141
Well, Japanese women are pretty homogenous compared to western countries, short, and mostly don't have more than a small cup size, typically bra sizing charts show bust 4"-6" larger than underbust plus there's societal pressure to be VERY skinny there (just look at the diet aisles and ads) so even a fashion that caters for Japanese chubbies like lolita is gonna be small to basically the rest of the world, particularly the western world.
>>
>>8975720
Aktuualy,
It's the cut out heel that makes them 'true' RHS. Which VW monetized first.
Antainna did the bubble toe first tho (featured in Kamikaze girls).

I generally consider anything that isn't 'branded' eg, says 'Innocent World' or 'Angelic Pretty' on the item, and if there are no prints/designs specific to that brand involved, it's not even really a replica, just a different take on a thing that's been done over and over and over.
>>
>>8975754
>antainna
Do you mean Antenna?
>>
>>8975683
Anon you have that saved wrong, that's Tulle Rose not Silky Rose

>>8975708
Right? I wish MmM would release more all over prints
>>
File: 1417445181224.png (93KB, 347x415px) Image search: [Google]
1417445181224.png
93KB, 347x415px
>mfw retard lolitas ITT buy brand and hate replicas but buy bootleg figures like it's nothing

that double standard
>>
>>8975786
>lolitas buying figures
wat
>>
>>8975140
Knock offs exist of just about everything anymore. If you're that worried, I'd like to see you crusading against more than just your precious toddler dresses.

Personally, I'm neutral on the subject but I think it's silly to be so overly upset by something like replicas when they've existed in the fashion world forever and aren't going anywhere. If there's a market for it then it's going to continue to exist and getting ass flustered on a website isn't going to close down every replica shop in China and Bangladesh. It's just pointless.
>>
To get this thread back on topic a bit, can anyone compare APs Dream Marine JSk to the replica? I'm curious because from the taobao review pictures I really couldn't tell the difference. The bows look floppy on both the original and the replica, there isn't much lace to go by and the fabric is chiffon so it's a bit harder to judge.
>>
>>8975367
There is actually an answer for this. AP has experimented with S/M/L sizing on some items, however, they didn't sell as well. Same with Baby. What does seem to work is them expanding the range of sizes they offer by increasing the shirring in garments making a single item fit a larger range of people.

IW, which consistently offers S/M/L consistently has to clearance out things in particular sizes.

AP on the other hand covers the full S-L range IW does, plus XS and XL, by using shirring and corset lacing.

Multiple sizes also costs more and requires a larger minimum order than single sizing. AP might not have a market for 100 pieces in every size/color.

As for why they don't do custom sizing, AP is a retail business that designs goods and then has them manufactured in a separate location. They stock items in retail stores and sell them to the public as finished goods.

Taobao lolita shops are not retail. They are manufacturers. They take orders, manufacture to the order, and then send out the order.
This works for them for a few reasons:
1. Availability of cheap local labor
2. Lower material quality at cheaper rates
3. Fewer import costs
4. No retail space or personnel costs
5. They are both the manufacturer and designer, so they can draft new patterns, etc on the spot.

The trade off with this is that you get far less foot traffic business, and your customers are less likely to buy something just because it's there. There is also a delay.

If AP switched to bespoke goods, they would need to raise their prices to be able to pay for their retail locations and pay for custom sized garments from a manufacturer, which is very expensive and time consuming. It involves custom patterning and a lot of back and forth between the designer and the manufacturer.

Taobao shops can do it for the same reason that indie western brands can do it; they are not operating a professional retail business and are under-paying themselves for their skill and time.
>>
I actually don't buy from taobao because when I made my first order I bought three replicas without knowing. I also worry they take advantage of the workers how else can it all be so cheap? How do I know for sure they don't use child labour or something?
>>
>>8975893
You can't and really if you care that much you shouldn't be on taobao in general. Outside of the few Lolita brand there that do their own stuff most of the stores are selling fakes.
>>
>>8975720
What functionality are you talking about?
>>
File: 1461399452286.gif (269KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1461399452286.gif
269KB, 720x405px
>>8974415
>mfw your post is shit desu
Namefag out
>>
>>8975893
If you think they take advantage of the workers you are better off not buying anything from Asia.
>>
File: 1452439644894.png (402KB, 598x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1452439644894.png
402KB, 598x1021px
>>8975910
Here is your reply.
>>
>>8975898
>>8975914
Well if you think about it all company's take advantage of their workers so I guess I should have worded it differently. I don't want to support child labour or sweatshops and on taobao you jusy can't be sure. When it's made in japan I'm pretty sure tough.
>>
>>8975711
>But the line is imaginary.

No, it's literally a legal line. One is completely legal and the other is completely not.
>>
>>8975939
Eh, you know that a lot of japanese companies actually order their products to be manufactured in China, right?
>>
>>8975939
>>8975893

China has a one-child policy. Admittedly it's not always strictly one child per couple, but even at China's size they're not exactly swimming in so many poor children that child labour sweatshops are somehow more profitable than adult labour sweatshops. Though I guess you'd have to judge whether you're okay supporting potentially exploitative work conditions, versus your purchases possibly being their only source of income.

As for the low pricing. China has been the production end of many companies for ages. If you've seen the profit margin on most mall shops, the cost of the items are as low as 30%, the other 70% goes into overheads like shop rental, logistics, management, and paying someone to stand around all day waiting for customers to walk in, with only a little bit of profit. If you're buying off a virtual mall on taobao, a lot of these costs are cut out, plus you're paying for your own shipping from China after the purchase (in a mall shop the shipping costs would have been worked into the price of the item), so that's why the pricing on the items can be much lower.

The replica problem is a whole other issue, though.
>>
>>8975140
Bruh, some people do like newspaper print dresses. Vintage ones are cool
>>
>>8975962
Laws don't mean a thing.
It was also illegal to be Jewish in Germany once, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.
>>
>>8975958
>>8976039
Wrong post.
>>
>>8975711
>no. for me stealing an iconic shoe is no different than stealing a print
Someone doesn't know how the law and copyright works. A cuff is a cuff, a peter pan collar is a peter pan collar, a pin tuck is a pin tuck. If all of these were intellectual properties of someone then you wouldn't have any sort of cuffs, any sort of collars, any sort of waistbands, etc. etc. Any and all design elements are considered too utilitarian for anyone to hold any sort of copyright. Tell me, how many different shoes can you find with sling back heels and peep toes? Millions, probably, and the only reason they're all so affordable is because no one owns any sort of design element in them. Those iconic shoes you're talking about? The only reason they exist is because they haven't had to pay out the ass to the person who originally came up with whatever hell they're using, whatever toe shape they're using, what ever straps, and any other sort of added element.

You cannot claim intellectual property on designs, I can't stress this enough and I see gulls demonizing design knock-offs as though they were print replicas all the time. Prints are intellectual property and are subject to copyright because it's artwork. Art isn't considered utilitarian so other people can't use it willy nilly without it being considered theft.

There is a difference anon, so get off your high horse. If you're really that concerned about it, wear paper bags instead, then you know 100% no one has ever stolen the design. Oh wait, better not, the paper bag princess did it first.
>>
>>8975893
I hope you understand the fact that whatever you're using to post on 4chan was created with some kind of slave labor. Unless you grow and make everything yourself, somebody somewhere is being exploited by the manufacture of the items you use on a daily basis. Maybe not on the production of the end product, but somewhere along the line, amongst all the components that go into whatever you're buying somebody suffers.
>>
>>8975759
diff anon. it's an*tai*na, the taobao shoe brand
>>
>>8976039
Im sorry, I have to get in on the replica debate currently going on.

For reference, I don't give a shit about replicas. I don't own any, I don't care if you own any.. and sure as hell don't give a shit about them being made.. HOWEVER.

You, ANON, are being a moron.
Im not even sure why we are calling these things "replicas" and not just straight up FAKES as that is what they really are?

If the customs in your country knew you were bringing in fake items, the LEAST of your worries would be them seizing it and having it destroyed. Sure, theyre not educated on lolita, and no one brings in enough of them for them to really give a shit, hence everyone gets away with it..

Here is a direct quote from a news report on the last time fakes were caught being imported in my country.

"It is an offence under the Trade Marks Act to counterfeit a registered trade mark or import or sell goods with a falsely applied registered trade mark.

Maximum penalties are five years' imprisonment or a $150,000 fine."

So yes, it does mean it is wrong.

>>8976051
This too though.
>>
>>8976732
Because you didn't quite understand my post:
https://bananas.liberty.me/youre-a-criminal-in-a-mass-surveillance-world-how-to-not-get-caught/

I wasn't debating about replicas, simply pointing out that just because it's law, doesn't mean it's morally right or wrong.
>>
>>8975786
Bootleg figs are horrifying who actually buys those other than misguided weebs? If you ever want some nightmare fuel just look up DBZ garage kits on ebay.
I don't buy replicas though because 1. they're tacky and 2. they're only ever flavor of the month prints that become notorious ita-magnets due to their popularity.
Just look at everyone fucking up HL these days.
>>
>>8975664
Does anyone know the name of this masterpiece
>>
>>8976805
I didn't mean to aim the debate thing directly at you.. sorry about that.

But, I don't know..

You're basically saying that you wouldn't think it immoral if someone practically photocopied your drawings/ photos/ images and sold them as their own for a third of the price of what you were selling them for..

Don't get me wrong, I don't care if you own a replica, its an option for large or broke people to own popular designs, blah blah blah.. but saying its not immoral to COMPLETELY rip something off from someone else and sell it for a third of the price seems prettttyyy strange to me.

Its basically theft? Is it immoral for me to go to your house and steal all your shit and then sell it for half of what you paid.. fuck yes, that is very immoral in my mind.

I do understand where you are coming from with just because its law, doesn't mean disobeying is wrong and the like, sure, I have broken a ton of laws.. But theft is theft, and I don't know about you.. but I HATE when my shit gets stolen. And if you don't think theft is immoral then please, tell me where you live so I can steal all of your shit.
>>
>>8975179
Seconding. AP's sizes are among the more forgiving and haven't things been getting longer in recent years? That doesn't help the 6 foot and over crowd, I know, but it's something.

I hate fucking being that guy that mentions how tiny and small I am, but being under 5 feet tall was a huge part of my decision to leave lolita. A nice length on someone that's 5'5" is lower calf length to me at least, every single time. There's nothing to balance the boxy top of a lot of brand dresses and when things are that long on a person, the silhouette is just ruined.

Don't think cutesy otome length or the typical Jane Marple model. Imagine owning something worth hundreds of dollars that looked like you stole it from a 70s era goodwill in the South. Padded looking shoulders, ill-fitted waist, drowning-in-it length. Emphasis on the most lunch lady looking parts of your legs.

I wish I could do custom off the bat too, but I've just made my peace with getting rich patterns in my gyaru and larme instead of torturing myself with lolita.

I'm not going to hound you about solutions to length problems, because plenty of people in the thread probably have taken care of that, but also: consider another style that's better for your size. Just browse. Even if you have your heart set on lolita. Took me a long time to fucking admit my dream dresses were never going to look good on me, but after a few years I found pieces I really liked outside of lolita. I crave the thickness and quality like a phantom limb, but I get by pretty happily now.
>>
>>8976834
Let's take that analogy and say burando is an artist at an artist alley. She's selling prints of her art to just about everyone except a small few who ask if they can order a poster sized print. She doesn't have any or have plans to send out any in that size despite offering delivery. The customer leaves disappointed and a few feet away, some guy with a poster printing hookup tells them he can get what they want in the size they want for a fraction of the cost. Is it counterfeit? Yeah. Is he claiming to have created the art himself? No. Replicas are upfront about replicas, at least.
>>
>>8976823
file name.
>>
>>8975962
Obviously I'm talking about my lolita clothes that say Made in Japan.
>>
>>8976847
How tall are you, out of curiosity? I had a go at Lolita a few years ago but I just looked like I was drowning in fabric in most things I tried on, everything seemed really out of proportion. I wish I could give it a go again but most dresses that would fit a smaller frame seem to be tiny in the bust too which is a no go for me.
>>
>>8976816
Until you mentioned weebs and DBZ I was sure you were talking about China selling fake fig fruits.
>Thanks for the one point of unintentional humour in this thread Anon
>>
>>8976051
I know very well how copyright works, thank you. However like it is said million times in this thread just because something is law it doesn't mean it is morally right or wrong.

A cuff is a cuff, a peter pan collar is a peter pan collar, a pin tuck is a pin tuck. If all of these were intellectual properties of someone then you wouldn't have any sort of cuffs, any sort of collars, any sort of waistbands, etc. etc.

Then one can say a cross is a cross, a lantern is a lantern, a star is a star too? Holy Lantern print is made of these generic shapes but still you can recognize it as a print right? Similarly a VW rocking horse is made out of straps, wood sole, cut out etc. but you can also recognize it, or recognize fakes as "VW knockoffs". If it really didn't have any design value we wouldn't call knockoffs knockoffs at all.
>>
>>8976945
forgot to greentext middle paragraph.
>>
>>8975786
Lolitas also like to buy bootleg plushes like rilakkuma and alpacasso. I've seen so many pictures of them sharing their room/holding an alpacasso or other popular toy and it's a hideous bootleg
>>
>>8976945
>Then one can say a cross is a cross, a lantern is a lantern, a star is a star too?
Yes, exactly, that's why no one owns stars, lanterns or crosses, those are utilitarian, too. What separates Holy Lantern from other dresses with the same motif is the stylization of the print, which the artist made their own. It's why we have a million deer prints and no one calling any of them replicas.

>Similarly a VW rocking horse is made out of straps, wood sole, cut out etc. but you can also recognize it, or recognize fakes as "VW knockoffs". If it really didn't have any design value we wouldn't call knockoffs knockoffs at all.
You're missing the point. The iconic lolita silhouette you enjoy so much? Yeah, someone invented it. Stop wearing lolita. Those high heels you like? Someone invented those too, so you should get rid of those. The Bloomers that are popular among lolitas? They were invented in the mid 1800's, so you should stop wearing the replicas as they are morally wrong, according to you.

We recognize them as knock-offs because she made platforms with blocks of wood instead of rubber first. Does that keep them from being platforms? Hell no, it just means she was the one who introduced the idea of using different material in the soles. That's how fashion works, one person introduces an idea, the idea catches on, and BAM trends are born. If this didn't happen, the fashion world wouldn't be where we are today, and you seem willfully ignorant of this fact.
>>
>>8975779
Ah! Thanks for the catch anon. I was saving multiple images at once, didn't see it was wrong.
MMM is definitely one of those brands I'd drop stupid amounts of money on to own.
>>
>>8975939
Lots of Japanese lolita brands have their items manufactured in Chinese factories. AP and Baby/Alice have been doing this for years.
>>
>>8978587
do you notice how stupid you sound? the anon didn't even say replicas bad or something. they just said RHS replicas are count as replica as HL replicas.
>>
>>8974415
>many of us
>>
>>8978869
Not the same anon but you're the one who sounds fucking stupid and can't seem to catch any of the points made in the previous post.
>>
>>8978888
>points made
>literal blabbering
>not even related to post it quotes
>>
>>8978936
you have some pretty serious comprehension problems if you can't see how the points made relate to the quoted parts.
>>
Didn't know people still got so upset about replicas. Jeez.
>>
>>8978951
>didn't know people still got so upset over theft

kek
>>
File: why-you-always-lying-feat.jpg (20KB, 467x414px) Image search: [Google]
why-you-always-lying-feat.jpg
20KB, 467x414px
> Lolitas be bitching about replica's dresses and prints.
> Nearly all of you and 90% of COF's owns replica shoes, socks, blouses, headbows, bags etc...
>>
>>8978869
>>8978936
>I don't like this so I'm just going to call it stupid
I mean, sure, if you want to...
>>
>>8975329
Actually it's not whether the item is considered utilitarian, it's the individual features i.e. straps. RHS are all design, no function. They're covered by the law in this case.
>>
>>8978948
>>8979120

Please try to read. I understand it may be difficult with your level of autism. >>8979182
>>
>>8979003
Design replica =/= print replica
>>
>>8975303
I honestly wanted to do this but felt like people would think i was a bit of a sleeze riding the coat tails of a brand. I honestly dont like wearing matching sets much as i find it much more fun creating ,y own accessories or coording my outfits in an interesting way. Do anons think it would be ok if i made things like KC's with colours that match new releases in simple styles with a title like eg. "Would suit CDC" cause that was all i was really thinking of doing.
>>
>>8975791
Calm down, special snowflake. Just because you don't buy figures doesn't mean other lolitas don't.
>>
>>8980789
That's double standard, hun, if you are gonna demonize print replicas you should demonize all kinds of replicas altogether because they are all equally theft.
>>
>>8983239
That's just kind of how it works for the whole fashion industry though. There's only legal protection for artwork and logos, not garment designs. Replicas and knockoffs are pretty tacky, but they're technically not theft, as much as I side eye people who wear them.
>>
>>8975058
Your example is terrible because movie studios realized that and offered more on demand and streaming services than ever before.
>>
>>8983239
Like the anon above me said, it's not like I make the rules. It's how the fashion industry works.
>>
Are we really beating the replica dead horse in 2016? I wasn't even around here in 2009 but oldfag's descriptions and lurking old secrets told me it was like this.
>>
>>8982647
There was a taobao shop doing something similar and I loved it, as I get most of my stuff second hand and finding matching headwear for certain prints is a pain.
I'd say do it anon.
>>
>>8976689
jfc, you're stupid
>>
>>8983239

It isn't. You can't own a "design" - for example, you can't copyright a heart shape. It's only theft if you are putting the brand name on it.
>>
>>8975090
Apparently I have enough vikings in my family tree that I'll always be a 6'3 linebacker with an opera diva build. Anything specifically designed for Japanese girls isn't ever going to fit me, (even J plus size clothes and I have tried) but custom sizes do fit me quite nicely.
>>
>>8983329
They're not wrong....
>>
>>8984180
no they are. there is a japanese shoe brand called antenna that made the original shoe style in Kamikaze girls.
>>
>>8983239
>yfw you realize a lot of lolita dresses look the same design wise
Don't buy brand, guys, they take each others designs. They're all thieves.
>>
>>8984209
All corporations are.
Welcome to consumerism.
>>
File: 41Zg0CRElDL._SX395_.jpg (17KB, 395x343px) Image search: [Google]
41Zg0CRElDL._SX395_.jpg
17KB, 395x343px
>>8975275

Except the furniture heel has been done way before by the likes of Fluevog and Anna Sui.

Good god are you just trying to make up shit now. There's a reason why brands plaster their names over prints, it's not just because Innocent World is proud of their mildly awkward name. It's because that's almost the only way it will get copyrighted so they have some legal defense when some fucktwat copies them.
>>
>>8984272
Well I'm glad we're on the same page, at least.
>>
>>8980789
It is essential the same thing. If anything, stealing a design is much worse than some piddly ass drawing slapped onto a piece of fabric.
>>
>>8984412
That's just like, your opinion, man.
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.