[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Circle Lenses!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

New Thread! Discuss where to buy, where not to buy, recent purchases, reviews and sales!

I've been having some issues recently with honeycolor. They messed up my bogo order recently and it took forever on top of that to reach me. Is it just me or anyone else having problems?
>>
Alice and Rabbit Shop

A cosplayer I'm following got theirs from them. Have you guys heard of it?
>>
I like Uniqso for their sales and coupon codes, but it seems to take months for them to replenish their stock, if they ever do. Are they phasing out certain brands or what?
>>
>>8956254
I just checked them out, shop looks tiny and they seem to only have the standard, plano 'cosplay' ones sold cheaply in Japan.
>>
>>8956254
I like their Crystal Max lens, really comfortable and I like how they have free shipping on everything. Haven't tried their other lenses, but I don't really like how they look or that I can buy them elsewhere cheaper anyway. I wish I knew who supplied their Crystal Max lenses though.
>>
I haven't been able to find a pair of circle lenses that don't burn my eyes. I have no problems with my clear prescription monthlies, I've recently had an eye exam and my eyes are perfectly healthy, and yet several minutes after putting in circle lenses my eyes feel like they're burning, especially when I blink.
I've bought a few different brands and bought from HoneyColor and Pinky paradise so I don't think the issue is counterfeit lenses. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
>>
>>8956343
Are you making sure to soak them in your personal solution first? That could be part of the issue, make sure you soak them for a while after opening them up. Otherwise, maybe your eyes are just more sensitive to the larger size.
>>
>>8956343
Do you take them out as soon as they start burning or have you tried leaving them in for a few minutes and seeing if they settle? My eyes can get very watery and a little burney when i wear contacts, it goes away after a minute or two of blinking/shutting my eyes.

That or could you be allergic to the coloured ones? idek if thats possible
>>
Anyone know good lenses for people with dry eye? I have it in my left eye, and while I'm using the drops they sometimes don't help too much when I wear them all day. I do try to stick to lenses that have higher water content though.
>>
>>8956350
I'm always careful to let them soak overnight in fairly good solution (Opti-free) before wearing them. I always clean them gently, too. I might try a smaller diameter and see if it helps!

>>8956354
No, I usually give them a while to settle. I mostly end up wearing them anyway for a little while, maybe 2-3 hours and the discomfort will come and go (or maybe I just stop noticing?) but they don't seem to settle properly at all. I considered that it could be an allergic reaction, but my eyes don't water or puff up or anything. In fact, about a minute after taking them out my eyes feel perfectly fine.

I'm going to try a slightly smaller diameter like the first anon said and I'll update with results! I'll feel really silly if that's all it was, but it'll be nice to be able to wear them.
>>
Does anyone have some recommendations for brown contacts that look good on light eyes?
Most the ones i find have a lot of gaping in the color or are so light they look yellow on light eyes.
>>
>>8956253
What are you suppose to do if you actually wear contacts irl? Like wear circle lenses with glasses?
>>
File: gangsta-alex.jpg (18KB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
gangsta-alex.jpg
18KB, 700x392px
I've been looking for something like pic related, does anyone have any recommendations?
>>
>>8956554
they have circle lenses in up to -10, also some toric lenses now for astigmatism! I am almost legally blind and can wear them.

>>8956558
what color are you eyes? that has a lot to do with how they'll look on you. let me know and I can give you some links.
>>
File: large.gif (432KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
432KB, 500x281px
>>8956253
Seagulls, I'm sorry for ask, but I need help.

I went to my ophthalmologist, and tried 2 oculist, but no one knows what base curve is. So I don't have any way to know my base curve. So the only thing I can do is try until I found the perfect lens.

The question is, I've buyed a circle lens with 8.6 mm base curve, and them move too much in my eyes (I look cross-eyed) as I read it means the curve is too big to my eye, so I need a lens with LOWER base curve (8.4 mm maybe)
Is that correct? Thank you
>>
Does anybody happen to know where I can get toric lenses with a positive prescription (for farsightedness)? Every shop I've looked at only has negative prescriptions, even if they have toric lenses.

>tfw when nearsighted in one eye, farsighted in the other, with astigmatism
>>
>>8956581
I feel stupid now lol I didnt think they actually had prescription cosmetic lenses!

Are toric lenses the only ones for astigmatism? Theres such little choice im finding with toric and nothing bigger than 14 dm :(
>>
>>8956624
Do you have your contacts prescription? It's not a very good idea to just do trial and error. Yes, if it slides around, then the BC is probably too big.
>>
>>8956581
Dark brown. Also I've never worn contacts before.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 500x750px
Any suggestions for extremely opaque, vivid lenses for really dark brown eyes? I'm in love with pic related from Harukaze, and two girls on one of my Facebook groups has them and they look just like the pictures on dark eyes... But damn they're expensive. $24 for a single lens with prescription, then PayPal fees and shipping from Japan and they only last a month.

I'll splurge if need be but before I do, does anyone have any other options? I'm looking for blue and green. I've tried so many different cheaper lenses but none of them get the effect I want...
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 648x1152px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 648x1152px
>>8956797
Also pic related is the girl in my group and her friend, they are both wearing the same lenses from previous post.
>>
>>8956624
I've heard base curve doesn't matter so much if you buy lens with large diameter. Can anyone confirm?

Maybe you can try that...
>>
File: lens.png (98KB, 416x113px) Image search: [Google]
lens.png
98KB, 416x113px
>>8956797
>>8956801
If you can do plano lenses I fully reccommend Geo's Anime lenses
http://www.uniqso.com/geo-cpa2?search=geo%20anime
They're extremely opaque, pic related is my pair
>>
>>8956825
No. This is wrong. You should still stay within 1 BC if you can, 2 at the absolute max for some brands may work. At 2 or more your lenses will "float" or noticeably have a more difficult time staying over your eye.

>>8956624
Seconding that this is probably too large. Unfortunately very few brands make 8.5 or 8.4 lenses, so you will need to shop around or look for torics. Before that however, find an optometrist and ask them to measure your eye and give you a prescription sheet/card. An ophthalmologist is not who you want because they will not measure your prescription and eye curvature. If you already wear glasses/contacts, you can obtain this sheet from your eye doctor for free.
>>
>>8956842
Those are damn gorgeous and exactly what I'm looking for but sadly I can't see further than 4 inches in front of me so I need prescription. The search continues...
>>
Searched a few sites but couldn't find any. Does anyone know a source for red x blue heterochromia lenses
>>
>>8956891
>Buy red lenses
>Buy blue lenses in same line/model
>Profit
>>
>>8956869
Aw dang, well try looking at the GEO brand in general anon. A lot of GEO's lenses are very opaque in my experience. http://www.geocolouredlenses.com/blue-contacts/
>>
>>8956869
OH I also just remembered I also own these lenses and they are quite opaque too (the EOS adult series is) even on my darker hazel green eyes. These may work for you and they're available in perscription.

https://www.honeycolor.com/eos-new-adult-blue
>>
>>8956648
Hyperopia? There are sites like e-circlelens
>>
>>8956343
Uh if you have normal monthly lenses they should say your BC on the packaging.
>>
>>8957113
Thank you! I looked at so many other recommended sites for circle lenses, but couldn't find anything. I'm still sad that I have so fewer options, but at least something is available. I'll look into this one.
>>
A year ago I asked you guys about buying regular circle lenses (I wear toric prescription lenses) due to the cost of toric circle lenses.

My prescription for toric is -4.00 power and -1.25 cyl and my other eye is -4.75 power and -0.75 cyl.

So when I bought "normal" prescription circle lenses I just entered the prescription as -4.00 and -4.75 since those are the only numbers I can change. Well my -4.75 eye is perfect with the lenses but the -4.00 is blurry. I bought 3 pairs and they are all like that. Is it because of the CYL difference and what is a better power I can go with to get rid of the blurry-ness? I can still see and drive just fine but it's blurry. it doesn't float around on my eyes and I use contact re-wetting drops regularly.
>>
>>8958069
I think that if you do this, you need to have a relatively low cyl but still might be blurry. You need to increase the strength to compensate for the cyl - so add 1/2 cyl to the pwr.
>>
>>8958069
>it doesn't float around on my eye
I'm no expert but that doesn't really sound good - I recall my optometrist saying that it's good to have lots of movement when she checked my circles lenses out for me. You could potentially damage your corneas. I would double check with a doctor just to be safe.
>>
>>8958112
WHat I mean is, yes when I blink it floats around, but when I'm stationary (not blinking) it stays put. The biggest worry I had with wearing normal contacts vs. torics were that the contacts would constantly be floating around my eyeballs due to the base curve, but thankfully that wasn't the case.
>>
>>8956624
Here are some 8.4 for cheap anon
http://www.kpop2.com/8.4-base-curve-circle-lens/
>>
Suggestions for orange lenses that dont look like Halloween lenses? I have light eyes and its incredibly hard to find yellow orange lenses...
>>
>>8956797
depends anon, how nicely do you want them to show up?
>show up on flash photography
G & G GBT lenses look amazing and natural, but only with flash photography
>show up in person AND in video
solotica lenses (very expensive though about $90 with shipping)
they also have perscription

I've been looking for a pair of lenses that will show up in video for ages- so hopefully my hours and hours of research can help someone else.
>>
>>8959711
i-codi maybe? I haven't tried their orange ones, but the photos look nice.
>>
>>8958069
1.25 cycl is a bit too high to comfortably wear non torics. unfortunately, they'll likely always be blurry and a bit ill fitting
>>
>>8956259
they are so overpriced even with sales and coupons it doesnt even worth it
>>
Not circle lenses, but I have a question about some colored contacts I have.

So I bought a pair of contacts like last September for a cosplay that ended up getting delayed because of life and stuff. I did open the lenses and tried them on, but only that. Ever since then they've been sitting in clean contact solution. Is it still safe to wear them? Ive heard youre not supposed to wear them after some months, but Im not sure because I ony ever tried them on.
>>
>>8959722
Not that other anon, but do you know of any cosplayers or people with light eyes who've used Soloticas? I didn't even know that they existed, but the only reviews I can find with Google/Youtube are wannabe insta gurus. I'm really liking some of the Hidrocor pictures, but yeah $90-$100 is steep.
>>
>>8962075
Have you been changing the solution? Old solution leads to build up on lenses and bacteria can grow...

>>8958069
It's because of your astigmatism. You will always be a bit blurry in the eye that has -1.25cyl astigmatism as this is not something you can correct by upping the prescription.

>>8956825
No, it still matters. However, your base curve could be different from your usual lenses due to the different materials, different lens design and different diameter - BC is NOT the only thing that matters in fit, the gold standard is for your optometrist to look at how the lenses sit on your eye with a slit lamp as the differing materials/diameter will mean differing fit from the same base curve. For example - my base curve in my daily lenses is 8.5, in my monthlies it was 8.7. Both are equally comfortable, both checked by my optometrist as having good fit, both are even the same diameter at 14.2mm - but the difference in material means that even though my base curve is supposedly "wrong" in one because it's not within the usual quoted +/-0.1mm, they both fit well.
When I wear circle lenses I usually take the reference point from my BC of 8.7 (so wear 8.6, 8.7 or 8.8 BC) because I figure lenses marketed as "yearly" will be more similar to my monthly lenses rather than my daily disposable ones.
>>
>>8962075
Like >>8962368 said anon, you should change your contact solution at the very least ever 30 days of you NOT wearing the contacts. (Your solution should tell you how long you can store lenses in the solution, typically around 30 days)

That being said you should also change your lens case every 1-3 months, obviously sooner if you wear them more.
>>
>>8962128
no, I dont. if you have light eyes i'd reccomend another brand- since with solotica you're paying extra for it to show up specifically on your dark eyes
>>
>>8958129
The lens is supposed to move slightly when you blink and stay put when you don't. It's only an issue if the lens doesn't move at all or moves so much that it falls out of the eye.
>>
anyone know of any heart eye lenses? I cant seem to find them anywhere.
any kind will do, but im looking for some preferably like pic related
>>
Is there a good faq anywhere for buying lenses? I've never worn any and don't know what to even look for. My eyes are dark and I don't wear glasses either. Should the prescription just be 0?
>>
>>8962981
The most important thing is to get your eyes checked for contact lenses first - even if you don't need prescription lenses you should at least get an idea of your base curve and basic lens care (how to clean them, how to store them) and if possible, someone to check the fit of the lenses on your eyes.
>>
Uniqso has a not existing customers service.
They never replied to one of your mails (even with subjects like "PayPal claim"). Luckily I won PayPal, but damn I'm salty about it.
>>
>>8963606
same, they fucked up my order time ago and they just ignored me
>>
>>8963606
>>8963720
I especially love it how I got a message after through paypal with "hi, we did receive your mail, send it to (other email adres)". And got afterwards ignored again.
That whole "hi dear, [when order gets lost] please write to us immediately so that we can re-send to you and claim from the shipper" is such bullshit.
>>
I guess I have pretty sensitive eyes, so almost every circle lens I have tried on is too uncomfortable for me to keep on for more than an hour. But for some reason Vassen's Dolly+ lenses feel great. They're even more comfortable than my regular lenses. I've been trying to find lenses that are as comfortable, by trying things with the same base curve, water content, material, brand, etc. But I can't really figure out what makes those specific lenses so comfortable because everything else I try is really uncomfortable still. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>8965592
Vassen has higher water content than most other lenses.
>>
>>8965598
I tried Vassen's Bambi lenses which have the same water content as the Dolly+ ones according to Honeycolor's website and they were still not comfortable enough for me to wear.
>>
Does anyone know where I can get yellow prescription lenses ( circle lenses or not, as long as they're bright) that won't cost me my life? I have light blue eyes if it means anything
>>
>>8962509

Kawaii preteen or w/e featured some really cute multiple heart ones but you're S.O.L finding them only and I desperately need a pair for a con in may but it's no go unless you get them custom painted
>>
File: Rebirth fetish discussion.gif (307KB, 641x360px) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth fetish discussion.gif
307KB, 641x360px
>decide to order from Honey Color
>go with more expensive shipping because expensive=faster (usually)
>find out after order is dispatched it's slower
What would be the best way to remedy this when the con is not even a month away? If they arrive after the con they'll be completely useless because I wont have any use for them until July, well after their expiration date.
>>
Does anyone know if Honeycolor marks down packages? I have a feeling I am going to be hit by customs since they use DHL
>>
>>8960213
>So overpriced
>Most non-sale lenses around $20

Anon, what fucking sites do you shop at? That is standard for places like PP, Honeycolor, etc.
>>
>>8967868
Just fyi, the "one year expiration" date is after opening. Check the vials themselves for the real non-opened expiration date.... usually it's 3-4 years in the future.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 523x292px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 523x292px
>>8956253
ugh, you too? I got an email yesterday that one of my free lenses prescription was sold out and I replied saying that sending me whatever other lense with the same prescription was fine but i haven't gotten a response yet. I hope I do and that they ship out today, because even with the expedited shipping, I'm afraid they won't arrive before the 29th for Mikuexpo. I just KNEW something would go wrong, and there's still 2 weeks left to go.
>>
>>8967932
Thanks. Still, gonna be really disappointed if I can't get them in time.

>>8967928
I remember searching for lenses years ago and seeing $25+ just for 1 eye. But that was just from general searches like "buy contacts online"
>>
Anyone that can recommend a pair of blue lenses that are somewhat natural looking and not frickin huge? Slight enlargement would be nice but mostly natural is key. Thanks in advance. I am struggling
>>
Just placed my order with Honeycolor, I got about 37 days...I'm ready lmao
>>
>>8969068
g and g gbt sky are what you are looking for, but depending on your eye color they can range from a sky to a sapphire color so they might not be the best choice
>>
>>8969630
>g and g gbt sky
Thank you, anon! Exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.
>>
>>8967977
so they shipped out my order and the estimated shipping time is the 22nd, I just hope that's an accurate estimate. I ordered 8 lenses i total(4 were free) so I'll definitely review them.
>>
I need a pair of white mesh lenses, but I've only ever worn normal circle lenses before so I have no idea how they feel or work. I know they're hard to see out of, but how bad is it? am I pretty much walking blind or just a hazy view of things?
>>
>>8969837
wait anon! did you buy them yet?
>>8959722
please keep this in mind.
>>
>>8973758
No, I am planning to order all my stuff next month. I have a huge con to go to next week.

Does this mean they would look unnatural in real life? This doesn't bother me, but maybe I'll look up more reviews later. Honestly I just want some blue lenses, but I don't want them crazy vivid.

Thanks for being a bro, anon!
>>
>>8973804
no. I mean you can't really tell in real life.
I have dark eyes and got the green and blue ones. They look amazing with flash photography though, and only then.
If you have lighter eyes they show up on you nicer though.
>>
>>8973051
You can still see out of them but everything looks washed out and it can get blurry. Definitely wouldn't operate any vehicle in them.
>>
>>8973812
agh I'm frustrated because they seemed perfect.
My eyes are a hazel that lean more green.
So... they basically have no effect without flash photography?
>>
File: blegh.jpg (8KB, 293x110px) Image search: [Google]
blegh.jpg
8KB, 293x110px
>>8973822
if you have dark eyes, yeah.
my whole view on them is "if they only show up during flash photography why not just photoshop my eye color."

I only took pictures with the green. leftmost is with flash, right is with not. My Boyfriend couldn't even tell I was wearing lenses until he stared at me for a good 30 seconds, and my friends didn't even notice as well. But both my boyfriend and my friends did notice they were different and perfect looking in flash photography.

might not be the best example since the rightmost picture is so shit.
>>
>>8973835
okay, thanks for posting a pic!
I'll probably look for something a little more vibrant, then.
I appreciate all the help and at least I sort of have an idea of what to look for now.
>>
>>8956797
Vassen/ifairy ash green are pretty good if you don't mind a darker green.
>>
>>8973817
I've heard both "I'm blind, I need a handler" and "You can see perfectly fine, it's just a little white" so I was confused. Thank you!
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.