[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Makeup/Skincare General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 49

File: 1415337022725.png (1MB, 2240x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1415337022725.png
1MB, 2240x1400px
Old thread got booted off. I'm looking to get an oil cleanser to remove face makeup (I hate how wipes tug), what do you gulls recommend? I've been looking at
- SHISEIDO Sengansenka Perfect Oil Cleansing Makeup
- Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Oil
- heard good things about Sulhwasoo Soon-heng Cleansing Oil but I thought Sulhwasoo was for older people?
My skin is:
- combo oily/dry
- sensitive
I use Cetaphil face cleanser but heard oil wash is what you use to remove makeup (and I'm scared of using straight up oil on my face in case I somehow fuck up). Do I have to use the double cleanse method each day even if I'm not wearing makeup? I don't wear it often but wipes/washing face still leaves me with the feeling a bit of makeup is left behind. (Maybe I'm just paranoid.)
But if you guys have any other recommendations I'll appreciate them!
I'm also gonna dump some tuts./basic infograph things, some of them may be posted often but I want to contriboot.
>>
File: skincare.png (2MB, 657x1920px) Image search: [Google]
skincare.png
2MB, 657x1920px
Skincare images
>>
File: tumblr_nfiwsoKU7a1r07gtuo1_1280.png (727KB, 696x1166px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfiwsoKU7a1r07gtuo1_1280.png
727KB, 696x1166px
>>8951708
>>
File: ayumizipper2014.jpg (104KB, 500x734px) Image search: [Google]
ayumizipper2014.jpg
104KB, 500x734px
I can't believe I just had two. Onto makeup tutorials.
>>
File: ayumizipper20142.jpg (121KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
ayumizipper20142.jpg
121KB, 500x737px
>>8951713
>>
File: egg2014.jpg (118KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
egg2014.jpg
118KB, 500x731px
>>8951715
>>
File: himenaeyemake.jpg (135KB, 475x750px) Image search: [Google]
himenaeyemake.jpg
135KB, 475x750px
>>8951716
>>
File: hudie.jpg (151KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
hudie.jpg
151KB, 500x731px
>>8951718
>>
File: kawaiigalmeiku.jpg (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
kawaiigalmeiku.jpg
2MB, 2550x3300px
>>8951722
>>
File: larme19cosmeaward1.jpg (806KB, 1280x1737px) Image search: [Google]
larme19cosmeaward1.jpg
806KB, 1280x1737px
>>8951724
>>
File: larme19cosmeaward2.jpg (757KB, 1280x1738px) Image search: [Google]
larme19cosmeaward2.jpg
757KB, 1280x1738px
>>8951726
>>
File: larme19cosmeaward3.jpg (759KB, 1280x1741px) Image search: [Google]
larme19cosmeaward3.jpg
759KB, 1280x1741px
>>8951731
>>
File: larme19cosmeaward4.jpg (736KB, 1280x1726px) Image search: [Google]
larme19cosmeaward4.jpg
736KB, 1280x1726px
>>8951737
>>
>>8951705
I'm oily/acne combo and use the face shop rice one. Most days I only use bb cream or sunscreen though, but the oil cleanser does the job.
>>
>>8952325
Shit sorry, forgot to mention, I tend to double cleanse if I'm wearing anything on my face or if I've just had a rough day where I'm all pily and sweaty.

I use the oil, wash off with lukewarm water, then use Scinic foam cleanser (I've got the rice face shop cleanser, but Scinic came in my beauteque subscription so I'm just finishing it up). Personally, I don't feel like anything is left on my skin afterwards, but like I said, I'm normally washing off bb cream or sunscreen.
>>
Disgusting face here, need advice. I've got a bad case of strawberry nose, oily forehead and dry cracked philtrum, what do?
>>
>>8951705
As an oil cleanser have you tried coconut oil? I really love how easy my makeup comes off with that, a little water and a soft cloth, makes my skin feel really soft too.
>>
>>8952341
This sounds all over like your skin desperately needs moisturizers.
What's your daily?
>>
>>8952370
b8

DO NOT USE COCONUT OIL ON YOUR FACE
>>
>>8952376
why? it was recommended in serveral threads.
>>
My question didn't get answered in the last thread because of that ridiculous debate.

What false eyelashes would you gulls recommend for cosplaying? Mainly looking for western brands. Should be dramatic or natural?
>>
>>8952416
it will clog your pores and might cause breakouts

I don't know who keeps trolling threads with recommending it but it's a terrible idea
>>
>>8952427
It depends on your taste and the character you are cosplaying.

I like wearing natural falsies for neutral characters, Kyary-ish (dolly wink, diamond lashes) for cutesy characters and huge dramatic ones for characters who are more cartoonish.
>>
>>8952373
Wash face with Witch Foaming Face Wash
Cover my face in Marble Hill Shea Butter
Rinse Repeat
>>
>>8952433
you need to learn that NOTHING clogs everybody's pores. that isn't how skin works.

coconut oil does have a higher chance (by anecdotal evidence) to break people out, but recommending it isn't "trolling threads". it'd be a safer option to recommend mineral or hempseed, but coconut oil isn't innately bad for the face

jesus christ
>>
>>8952473
>admits coconut oil has a higher chance of clogging pores
>still has this autistic rage

sounds like you need a dick to clog your vagina anon
>>
>>8952376
>>8952416
Correction, do not use a LOT of coconut oil on your face. A little is helpful, and provides SPF. I usually will moisturizer my body with it, and then just gently apply whatever is left over on my fingers to my face. So far that method has been working for me. I used to use a spa rate amount of coconut oil and it definitely was too much.
>>
>>8952495
*separate amount
>>
Any suggestions for a good physical sunblock that doesn't have any chemical sunblock and doesn't have that terrible sunscreen smell?
>>
>>8952480
I don't think they're the one having the autistic rage
>>
>>8952546
I'm just trying to prevent others from getting pizza face following bad advice

not sure how that's autistic rage
>>
File: larme19cosmeaward5.jpg (774KB, 1280x1766px) Image search: [Google]
larme19cosmeaward5.jpg
774KB, 1280x1766px
>>8951739
Sorry I suddenly stopped the dump last night, internet was being shit. I may continue from here and post a few more.
>>8952325
That's the one I've been looking at! I may get that one then, thanks anon.
>>
>>8952508
Have you tried Blue Lizard?
>>
>>8952651
No, but it looks fantasticI It is currently sitting in my amazon cart so I don't forget about it.
>>
How do I get started with a skin/body care routine??? I'm overwhelmed with choice of products for a range of things and I pretty much need everything to improve my combination, acne prone, red and dull looking face....
>>
>>8952699
I have found that cleansing and exfoliating are the most important bare minimum things to do for your face. This should help with the acne and the dullness. If you have dry skin a nice daily moisturizer is good too.

After that getting a toner+emulsion/serum will help with the acne and redness.

I find things like eye creams, face masks, sleeping packs and spot treatments are not as important if you are trying to get a base set of products. I still use all of these things but if I am feeling lazy I still wouldn't skimp on keeping my skin clean and at least lightly treated.
>>
>>8952556
Weird.
I literally slather my self in it with no adverse effects.
With anything mentioned here anon, take it with a grain of salt and do a tester first. That's common fucking sense.
>>
>>8952725
What order do you even do them in? I've got all of those things but no clue where to start or where to end.
>>
>>8952807
First couple info graphic posted should give you some idea.
>>
>>8951705
The faceshop rice one is good, I personally use softymo speedy oil cleanser, followed by innisfree bija anti-trouble cleanser. If I put anything on my face that day make up or sunscreen wise I double cleanse. If not I just use the second cleanser not the oil. Have you looked at the Asianbeauty subreddit? It's super helpful
>>
>>8952807
My full routine is

>oil cleanse-foam cleanse-exfoliate-mask-toner-essence-serum-eye cream-moisturizer-sleeping pack

Lazy day
>Foam cleanser-toner-essence-moisturizer

Keep in mind that if you are using bad products or the wrong products for your skin it will get worse not better.

Ex. Using a alcohol based toner on your skin can cause a oily skinned person to produce more oil and a dry skinned person to dry out even more.
>>
>>8952853
Do you exfoliate every day anon?
That's actually rather harmful to your skin. Exfoliating should be done once, maybe twice a week.
>>8952807
This is just directed at you, not answering the question, but keep in mind that your skin will react differently to each product you introduce so be sure to do so one at a time.

I would say that there are three major elements to skin care:
Cleanse
Tone
Moisturize
After you familiarize yourself with the base products and find what works, then start experimenting to fill in the gaps your skin needs.
>>
>>8952635
It's a good oil cleanser, the smell reminds me of babyoil a bit.
>>
Anybody got any experience going paler for a costume? Nothing drastic, just going from a light warm with yellow undertones (light olive, Portuguese) to a cool light with pink or blue undertones (porcelain, like Irish or English)

I saw these whitening creams you wear for only one day that Asian cosplayers supposedly use, anyone have any experience with that?

Otherwise, would using like the lightest foundation kyolan or Ben Nye make work with a base and a sealer on top? Even on arms? Legs will be covered so that's fine.
>>
File: 1460176072169.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1460176072169.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>8952938
Oh no I dermaplane about twice a month and use a light fruit peeling gel 1-2 times a week. If I exfoliated every day I wouldn't have much skin left.
>>
I have combination skin, surprise surprise, oily t-zone, normal everything else.

My nose and forehead get shiny during the day but my nose always has an almost flakey feeling to it along with the oily feel? It's hard to describe and I'm not sure if it's just my fingers picking up on texture from my SFs or what.

Long story short, I don't really know if I should go for a lighter moisturizer (Looking at the CosRx 92 Snail Cream) or a heavier one (would take suggestions but the same company's Honey Ceramide cream looks like it has a solid backing?)
I have a Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream sampler in the mail too, but I'm quickly running out of moisturizer and am not sure how well I'll react to the bee venom, not allergic but backup could never hurt.

Any other suggestions would also be welcome, those are just the creams currently catching my eye.
>>
How the fuck do I find out whether I have cool or warm undertones
>>
>>8953265
Basically:
>are you white
You probably have cool undertones
>not white
Probably warm undertones

If you're white but tan instead of burn and look more grey brown than pink, you could have warm undertones. Look at your hair. The more "grey" instead of "yellow" it looks, the cooler it is and chances are your skin is the same.
I've seen very few cases of people of color having cool tones, but it can happen, especially in pale east asian people. In darker skintones, there tend to be people with warm and warmer skintones, and you probably just want to get swatched in store at that point.
>>
>>8952376
coconut oil is fine, I feel like EVOO is worse. My go to face oils are jojoba and argan but coconut oil will do for makeup remover in a pinch
>>
>>8953284
>tfw you're a very pale olive with warm undertones.
>but cool-toned ash blonde hair which looks like a cheap wig.

On the upside, I dye my hair black and I'm the only whitey I've known on whom it looks natural.
>>
>>8951715
Dunno why but Ayumi's face looks so plain to me. She doesn't stand out like other models like Yui Minakata or Risa Nakamura.

Does anyone have tips about how to put on false eyelashes? I've tried just about every method I've ever seen including tweezers, tweezers on the inner corner and fingers on the outer, fingers on both corners, lash applicators, etc. but I still have trouble applying fake lashes. Am I just bad at it?
>>
>>8953284
>>8953316
Not all white people look the same and have light hair and cool undertones. You can have cool undertones if you're black too. Fucking yanks, stop embarrassing yourselves.
>>
>>8953265
Easiest way is to check your veins on your wrists.
Blue/purple veins = cool toned.
Green veins = warm/olive toned
Blue-green veins = neutral
It's likely if you're cool toned your skin in general will be a bit more on the pink side (from what I've seen and from the way my own skin is, moreso in natural lighting) and warm skin will be more yellow in tone. Vein-checking you can do in any lighting I guess, but I tend to look yellow in fluorescent lighting and white/pink in natural light, that's why whenever you try face makeup you look at yourself in natural lighting to see if it fits.
>>
>>8953366
ps: I put olive in there because I often see 'olive' described as a tone as well alongside warm and cool. It seems to be its own thing kinda? If not, apologies, I'm no expert.
>>8953336
I find her pretty cute! But in the 'odd' way that some models do (you know, they look kinda weird or like aliens or something). I find it charming.
>>
Looking for product recs! My skin is normal-to-oily, slightly cystic acne prone, with large pores. My current line up is pretty basic: cleanse with camellia oil and Cerave, then moisturize with the fluid from an MBD mask. Biore sunscreen almost daily (I oversleep sometimes...)

Ended up on this routine after an extremely bad cystic breakout and clogged pore episode that left my face feeling like death itself. I was debating adding a BHA to help keep my pores clean but I think I need at least a proper moisturizer before I go adding an acid. Thinking about Cosrx's honey line. Thoughts?
>>
>>8953383
>>8953263
I'm combination with the typical oily t zone/dry cheeks, but not so bad I ever need to blot. I don't get cysts but tend to get lots of closed comedones and little bumps on my face rather than ones that come to a head by themselves. I'd put in plugs for pure aloe vera gel in summer (particularly if you live somewhere humid), Benton's Snail Bee Steam Cream and also I absolutely love my AHA moisturisers (currently use the Tonymoly apple one because cute packaging and also Bravura London). The Bravura London 15% night cream is probably not the best nightly moisturiser unless your skin is used to acids or tolerates them well.

>>8953141
You'll probably look grey if you try and make yourself cool toned. I think you might be best off going for a paler foundation in the same tone range.
>>
>>8953336
I follow her instagram and I'm not even sure why to be honest, I can't stand her fashion at all, she dresses like a retiree grandma in vegas.
>>
okay so I haven't gotten any comments from my mother, who is the most abrasive woman in history, but I have to ask you guys...
I know that eating garlic, onion etc can change the smell of your sweat and, uh, discharge, but is there any chance it can change the smell of my skin in general? I noticed it a while ago while scratching my head (I have dandruff and can't use anti-dandruff shampoo) and then again just now whilst giving myself a pedi to wear open toed shoes out for drinks tonight.

It smells a bit like french onion dip. Have NOT actually noticed it in my sweat or vag, just kinda assumed I may have gotten used to it.

How do I fix this because it grosses me out and I'd be ashamed to smell weird at a meet.
>>
Shit real quick guys
Does sun screen go before or after foundation
I gotta go in 40 mins woops.
>>
>>8953637
yep, otherwise you'd just smear around your foundation
>>
>>8953265
>>8953366
also another good way to tell is if you look good in gold/yellow/orange. if not, you're probably cool toned
>>
File: 1459604731239.gif (292KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459604731239.gif
292KB, 1280x720px
>>8953638
Thank you.
>>
>>8953637
>>8953638
wow, I'm stupid and read the sentence wrong
*it goes before
>>
>>8953284
>>8953366
>>8953640
thank you!
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (240KB, 926x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
240KB, 926x1000px
>>8952427
I use Red Cherry. They have a lot of different styles and are relatively inexpensive, but are made from real hair and look great.
>>
>>8953398
For your dandruff, have you tried argan oil treatment? A flaking scalp can actually smell bad, so doing a hot oil treatment once a week should help with that.
>>
What can I do about wrinkles under my eyes?

The only thing I do right now is apply lotion at night, no idea what else to truly do.
>>
>>8955081
Use something with snail mucus. Make sure to stay hydrated throughout the day. Wear sunglasses and avoid squinting.
>>
File: ihopethisisnttoobig.png (146KB, 638x1370px) Image search: [Google]
ihopethisisnttoobig.png
146KB, 638x1370px
OP again. I was wondering what kind of things I can use to get rid of flakes on my face. At this point I'm wondering if I just need some kind of exfoliant to get them off and then my skin would be perfectly fine? My nose, forehead, and cheeks have a bit of flaking and I can feel it when I touch them. It's not super noticable if you're just looking. I tried ecotool's konjac sponge from target (theirs is white). Do I need one of the other kinds (like the charcoal type ones from amazon)? Mine is still perfectly fine and in good shape, but it doesn't feel like it gets off the flakes.
Maybe konjac sponges just don't work for me? I try to use it once or twice a week. I'm a bit scared of exfoliating stuff, ngl. When I was younger (like ~15/16) I used blackhead strips on my nose and sometimes chin, and also acne creams and stuff, stridex pads, etc. I was young and didn't know jack shit about skincare (I even used bar soap, just RECENTLY did I finally acquire the Cetaphil) so I feel like all this stuff is what made my skin develop the slightly dry bits. But I feel like if I got rid of my flakes then my skin would be mostly fine? I just need to get my oil under control.
TL;DR:
>what can I do to get rid of these flakes, konjac sponges don't seem to be doing much
>I feel like I fucked up my skin a bit when I was young because I had no idea what to do, almost all of my family has normal skin that's fine and doesn't need to do shit to it. I'm one of the only people with oily/combo skin.
Recap of my skin just in case:
Sensitive, oil-prone with flaky areas (so combo)
Routine is Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, Clean&Clear oil control toner (I dislike this and have ordered some new stuff, will likely review the shit when I get/use it if anyone'd like), Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe vera gel. Very basic, I tend to neglect myself and not keep up with it but I've done so for 3-4 days now and I'm pretty proud of myself.
Sorry for my blog post, pls advise. I don't want to fuck up.
>>
>>8957252
Have there been any legit studies on the effectiveness of snail mucus or is this just a fad?
>>
>>8957260
Sorry for double post, just wanna add: I'm not old yet so I have hope I haven't screwed myself over, I'm just 19. I wish I had discovered /cgl/ sooner (only started browsing around 2012/2013 and didn't post till around 2014/2015). I try to stay away from the microbead-filled things since I hear those are bad for the skin, I used to use that Clean&Clear morning burst shit with the beads in it (stopped because of that, and the smell). Are the beads inherently bad? I heard they cause microdermabrasions I think here, right? I feel so stupid because I don't know how to wrangle my own skin, but I don't think it's near bad enough to go to a derm, it's just annoying.
>>
>>8957270
you probably are stupid if you can't do research on shit like this
>>
>>8953356
I know this was days ago but dude
>If you're white but tan instead of burn and look more grey brown than pink, you could have warm undertones
>Look at your hair. The more "grey" instead of "yellow" it looks, the cooler it is and chances are your skin is the same.
This works with dark hair too.
>not all white people!!!!
>>
Morning:
Sana Nameraka Soymilk Isoflavone Moisturizing Facial Wash Cleanser
Thayers Toner
Tea Tree oil on my problem chin
Aveeno Daily Moisturizer

Evening:
Face Shop Oil Cleanser
Sana Nameraka Soymilk Isoflavone Moisturizing Facial Wash Cleanser
Thayers Toner
Tea Tree oil on my problem chin
Cosrx BHA
Aveeno Daily Moisturizer

Every couple of days - Cure Natural Aqua Gel

My skin is combination with a t-zone, but I only really get pimples on my chin, sometimes nose.

Everything was going swell. I've been doing this for around 2 months and my chin cleared up really damn well.
But then last week came and these huge pimples came back to my chin worst than before and I've been doing everything the same. They are the kind of pimples that are deep under the skin. I even got one on my lip partially ;_;
Help??
>>
Nyx has quality pairs for the price. Ardell is great and they make individual lashes if you want a natural look. Stacking pairs of lashes will get you a very full, dramatic look.
>>
>>8957400
You should really be using the COSRX BHA as the first step after cleansing. Then give it a 15-25min wait time.
It needs a specific pH to act as a chemical exfoliant, and if you're applying other products, you're disrupting that function. Used as an exfoliant, the BHA will eventually help with the closed comedone/cysts that you're getting on your chin.

Also, if you're getting redness, I find that applying a witch hazel compress on the area really helps with inflammation. Just soak a cotton pad, and place it over the spot for 15-20min. As with any skincare product, do a patch test somewhere first, to make sure you don't have allergies or sensitivities to the product.
>>
>>8957568
Thanks a lot for the tips, anon. My chin officially looks like someone punched it..
I thought Cosrx BHA always goes after toner though? I thought the toner was to set the pH for most ideal conditions for BHA to work.. but maybe I'm wrong!
>>
File: 15-32-25-stuuupid.jpg (33KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
15-32-25-stuuupid.jpg
33KB, 848x480px
Is RubyRubyShop reliable? I've heard they sell counterfeits of Missha and Skin79
>>
>>8959369
Rubyruby76 is reliable. Bringbringshop too. Any other eBay seller is not them.
>>
Going to Hong Kong soon, I use exclusively western drugstore/lush/body shop/loccitane cosmetics and skincare because I'm a pleb. What are some Asian essentials I should pick up or look out for?
>>
>>8959397
Thank you a lot
>>
>>
>>8951705
i remember that op image from https://docs.google.com/document/d/12cMb05t35IICRxyrKhiznLgokfM1cZlDeSk8m1f3QPg/edit
>>
File: il_570xN.955871808_1go3.jpg (62KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.955871808_1go3.jpg
62KB, 570x570px
Anyone know of any etsy shops that sell nice quality makeup?

I received an etsy gift card as a birthday gift and am looking around on there.

So far I've found a couple eyeshadows I like and this shop that has really beautiful highlighters.

>https://www.etsy.com/shop/BitterLaceBeauty
>>
I know everybody recommends Benton Snail Bee Essence and Steam Cream, but I was researching it last night and saw it gave a ton of people horrible acne and there were reports of contaminated products?
>>
>>8963892
My question is how they knew they were contaminated and it wasn't just a simple case of it not being right for their skin. Some of the people reviewing this shit make up crazy hypochondriac level claims when all it is is it not being for their skin type.
>>
>>8964025
They had mold/algae in them and it was confirmed by the company.

It only takes a second to Google it.
>>
I have a stupid question: Do you put your concealer before or after your foundation?
>I have dry skin and I'm using a cream base foundation and liquid concealer.
>>
>>8964080
Not a stupid question, it is a highly debated topic. I have a concealer that matches my makeup tone very well so I prefer to put it on top and blend it out. I find if I put concealer on before my foundation it gets blended out to the point of almost not doing anything. If you do want to put it on under, don't blend it out because the aplication of the foundation will do it for you.
>>
>>8963892
It was only one batch because they used natural preservatives that didn't do too good of a job.
>>
>>8952508
it has chemical sunblock in it but new holy grail face sunscreen

>secret key high protection sun cream spf 50

another gull tested it and directed me to it, it absorbs into my skin in about 60 seconds. Looks shiny, but goes great under makeup.
>>
>>8964080
I don't wear full face makeup much because my skin hates everything but when I want to look nice I use concealer both before and after my foundation. I use a liquid highlighting concealer to cover my dark eye circles and uneven skin tone first, then liquid foundation very sparingly with lots of blending, then I apply a little bit of hide the blemish type solid concealer on any zits to hide the redness better before setting everything with translucent powder.
>>
>>8964080
it really depends.
technically it makes no difference whatsoever. i personally prefer to apply concealer after my foundation because i feel like it has better coverage that way.
>>
>>8957270
I think the general consensus was that apricot and she'll scrubs were bad for skin, microbeads are good. Microbeads as in scrubs. They contribute to pollution though. Fish or something retarded eat them.
>>
>>8959437
Sunscreens. Asian sunscreens are so much better than similarly priced Western ones at the drugstore level. If you like sheet masks and point pads and all that sort of stuff then pick up some of those too.
>>
>>8964243
Dif anon but I've been using apricot scrubs for years. My face is a grease machine and that's the only thing that works on it, been basically zit free since junior year of high school and my skin is soft and perfect ever since. No red spots, no irritation, no blackheads or whiteheads, no dry patches, nothing.
>>
hey, i was wondering if anyone knows how to hide beauty spots?
I have a few on my face, they look okay normally but i think they would stand out when i'm cosplaying.
>>
>>8964465
Just because you haven't noticed any damage doesn't mean it doesn't cause any. Apricot shell scrubs cause micro tears in the skin, each time you use one it opens up the skin to infection and increases the likelihood of disrupting your skin barrier.
>>
>>8959345
Not all toners are pH balancing toners. Some can act as a hydration. If your cleanser is low pH, you might be able to get away from not using a toner.

It's cleanse - actives - treatments. Also be warned that BHA does cause purging so it's going to not look pretty before it looks better
>>
>>8964080
I put it on after, otherwise when you put your foundation on the concealer will get moved around.
>>
>>8953141
If you try to apply a cool time anything to your warm time you will look orange as hell. Just go with a shade or two lighter than your foundation.
>>
>>8953284
What the fuck even is this crazy bullshit.
>>
Anyone tried a foundation stick? Lancome just debuted theirs, and it seems way more convenient than using a liquid foundation.
>inb4 "just use powder!!" I have dry skin that breaks out with every powder I've ever tried
>>
>>8963859
Do not buy makeup on etsy. It's just not safe. There is no guarantee that the ingredients they're disclosing are what you're actually getting. It's like buying research chemicals for your face. Not even once.
>>
>>8964759
I got the new one from Make Up For Ever and it is amazing. Full coverage, no mess, convenient applicator (I use a brush also). I recommend it
>>
>>8964759
Dude, foundation sticks have been a thing for ages. Max Factor's Pan Stik has been around since the 50s and they're good depending on your makeup needs.
>>
>>8952427
I personally like eyelure. You can get them off amazon, at some drug stores and chains like target, Walmart, etc. for boys I usually skip falsies, for realistic humans I just apply medium ones and larger is for cuter things. It is worth mentioning they can make your eyes look super big which is great, but if you cut them you can also sort of cheat on your eye shape such as swinging out your eyes to make them wider
>>
>>8952427
just don't use western lashes. they're ridiculous, uncomfortable and cheaply made. even chinese ones are better.
>>
File: 1460896275099.jpg (28KB, 509x402px) Image search: [Google]
1460896275099.jpg
28KB, 509x402px
I don't know where else to ask and right now I cant affoard a dermatologist.
In the last couple of days this part of my cheek has become very dry and red, I don't know what should I do, any advice?
>>
>>8966009
Looks like contact dermatitis. Have you been using any new products lately? If so, lay off them for a while, get some moisturizer for eczema and keep that spot moisturized well, and try to go easy on makeup in that area in general for a bit.
>>
>>8966009
Like other anon said, eczema cream will probably help, even if the rash itself isn't eczema. Pure argon oil should help, too, just don't be too generous with your application.
>>
>>8966009
This should help. It's great for eczema and dry patches, as well as a night cream or heavy moisturizer. You can find it at Sephora or Ulta.
>>
>>8964141

Different anon, but looking for a good sunscreen to wear on a daily basis. Where did you buy the item from? Its on ebay but not in RubyRubys shop so I'm a little reluctant about the other sellers
>>
>>8966332
Good sellers:
Sing-sing-girl
F2plus1
Rinishop
Fujisan_jp

There are more but these are the ones I've bought from
>>
File: 1453808245338.jpg (12KB, 185x82px) Image search: [Google]
1453808245338.jpg
12KB, 185x82px
>>8966340

Thank you so much anon !
>>
whats a good type of makeup that covers your chest. My boobage area is going to be pretty exposed when I cosplay next and my chest area is a little... veiny for lack of a better term. Not like disgusting vericose spider veins, just kinda like faded blue marker. I just want something to even out the skin tone and cover it.

Soooooo concealer recommendations? I need to get better foundation too.
>>
Is there any product that can protect your skin from...grime getting in it? I work in an environment where I get soot/dust all over my face/in my pores (despite wearing a mask) and I was wondering if anything could act as a barrier or a layer to keep it from settling in my skin.
>>
>>8966009
La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra Fluide made wonders for me.
>>
>>8966912
Any foundation? Any kind of makeup that you put all over your face that's not meant to absorb into it should work. There are also a few BB creams that advertise protecting against dust, but I haven't tried them.
>>
File: BX4eZp8.jpg (145KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
BX4eZp8.jpg
145KB, 494x750px
What are the subtleties of 80s make-up that makes women and anime characters from that time look like the way they did? Because I'm trying to replicate that.

I think it had something to do with the eye shadow
>>
I have a dry T zone and kind of normal anywhere else. Somebody said I should start to use moisturizer. Any recommendation for a newbie one?
>>8964811
>Max Factor Pan Stick
that thing was THE BEST. Too bad they went out of business.
>>
>>8967570
Did they? I see max factor all the time here in Europe, pan stik included
>>
>>8967424
Eyebrows, funky shadow, hair, frosted lipstick
>>
>>8957270
For the flaking, you want a good moisturiser. The Tony Moly avocado Its real one does wonders for me. I can actually wear bb cream now.
>>
>>8967424
>>8967761
Seconding frosted lipstick. Too-light, frosted colours. And big eyebrows.
>>
>18 yrs old
>still have bad acne
when does puberty end
>>8951711
Collagen applied topically or injested doesn't do anything btw, it need to be injected to work as collagen molecules are very long and will just sit on top of the skin
>>
>>8968013
Lol, get ready to deal with zits for the next 10 years of your life, at least.
>>
Any recommendations on lip scrubs and lip moisturizers? I don't want to settle for just some sugar scrub because right now my lips have gone in to desert mode. Cracked all over and it starts to bleed if I try to peel it off.
>>
Is eopenmarket legit for Korean cosmetics?
>>
>>8969027
I used it once. They give you free samples of other products with your order.
Thanks for reminding me of them!
>>
>>8968333
My lips were horrific a few months ago as I kept chewing on them out of nervousness so they were in a similar state. In a fit of desperation I picked up the first thing I saw in a drug store (generic pot of Vaseline, cocoa butter flavor) and kept applying it continuously. Surprisingly the results were pretty much immediate and my lips healed within days. Still use it to this day and my lips are always super soft.

Sometimes the cheap shit works just as well.
>>
>>8968013
>18
you are but a mere child in the world of acne
bf's skin cleared when he was 22
mine hasn't cleared and i am 20
dad's skin cleared when he was 55
so ??? the world may never know
>>
>>8969027
I just did another order anon. Secret box and samples. Want me to let you know how it goes?
>>
>>8968333
Innisfree canola honey balm
>>
>>8969085
Yes please, I'd really appreciate that!
>>
>>8968013
I'm 25 and mine still hasn't cleared, just don't
>>
>>8968013
lol wait until you experience the world of adult acne. It's 80 times more cystic and 100 times more mentally and physically damaging.
>>
>>8968333
I swear by Smith's strawberry lip balm, it comes in a gold tin and also available in rose. I've tried Chapstick, Carmex, Blistex, Vaseline, Nivea, basically a ton of different drugstore brands. My lips became immune to them. Smiths saves me and these past few months without it has been suffering (I tried Blistex blissful butters since I needed something right then). No matter how much water I guzzle I have chappy lips often, and Smiths will close my cracked lips within 1-3 nights and be healed in a few more.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
Gulls, I'm having a hard time finding the right eyeshadow quad/trio, very few have all the qualities I need. Small palettes are okay too, but I need them to be small enough to pocket. Multicolour blushes and stuff are okay too as long as they're matte and sheer-ish.

Basically, something that
>is small
>is matte or mostly matte
>has mostly muted rosy or warm beige shades
>is Korean (inb4 weeb, I live there atm)
>is sheer-ish

I used to buy pic related all the time but I can't find them anywhere anymore
>>
>>8970663
Ok, will do.
I got a message that it shipped, which was a day after I placed my order.
I'll be getting thier 'anti-aging/ moisturizing' secret box. More deets when I get it.
>>
Are there any eye shadow pallets similar to the Tartelette pallet that are not as expensive?
>>
>>8974294
Try milani, makeup revolution or nyx
>>
I know nothing about skincare and all I do is moisturise with cheap cream after I shower because otherwise my skin is painfully dry. Where do I start with this? What do I need to buy first/what are the essentials? All of this is a little overwhelming, I read through the first image posted but that doesn't really help me.
>>
>>8973038
I don't understand why you need to constantly be reapplying eyeshadow throughout the day. Why not just buy something like 'meet matte'? It's high quality and stays on all day.
>>
>>8969050
>>8969447
>>8972811
Thank you so so much!
>>
>>8974383
I don't, I just have a small makeup bag and travel a lot so I often need to squeeze a bunch of stuff into a carryon
>>
>>8967570
>>8967760
They aren't. Max Factor and Cover Girl are the same company.
>>
>>8974379
you probably have to start with a cleanser, a toner and something to moisturise with, which you already are set with.

cleansers come in a load of different forms, my current one is a cream thing that I rub on my face and then remove using cotton pads. find one that doesn't break your bank, works well and feels nice. if you leave your location (country/continent) gulls might be able to suggest stuff.
toners are generally liquid that you put on a cotton pad and then lightly go over your face with. it's recommended to avoid ones that have alcohol in them but desu mine's alcohol and works fine, so YMMV.
moisturising you seem to already have covered, but again people might be able to give crit and recommendations if you post what cream you use. it would also help if you described what your skin is like (oily/dry? do you get regular breakouts? do you drink water?) and what you want to achieve with all this. a photo might also be helpful.
also also - I recommend having some kind of spot treatment that you can use when you suddenly have a huge breakout.
>>
Is there a cushion that's paler than Etude House's light beige? I love the compact idea so I went with their lighest shade but even that is still too dark for my tastes.
>>
>>8974809
Thank you so much already, anon! I'm in mainland Europe so most of the recommendations I see in this thread are usually not available to me. The moisturiser I use is the cheapest drug store brand I could find that said 'for dry skin' on it. My skin is generally not too bad, which is why I've never bothered looking anything up about skincare (probably a mistake) but I have dry skin, very infrequent breakouts and I try to drink mostly water. I also have semi-bad eyebags. It's embarrassing but, my boyfriend takes way better care of his skin than I do and I kind of feel like I need to catch up.
>>
>>8974847
Cheap solutions incoming:
Drink more water
Don't use body soap on your face, look for something ph balanced or for baby skin as a cleanser.
Change your pillow case to prevent breakouts
Use witch hazel or apple cider vinegar as a toner, tea tree oil is great too and can be diluted by a lot
Use a type of oil for base moisture/spot treatments (virgin olive, vitamin e, etc)
Do a spot test with oils to see what ic anything works. I recommend it because it'll be cheap and isn't damaging.
Buy all of your skit online with free shipping, best tier
>>
>>8974847
oh shit, I got ya (for western skincare). the good brands usually cited are ones like Eucerin, Avene, Sebamed etc., Eucerin and Sebamed are probably the most legit ones. my current cleanser is from a brand called Babé - it just seems to be called 'face cleansing milk'. feels pretty good.
I also have a spot treatment from Sebamed - right now I have their 'CLEAR FACE COLOURED ANTI-PIMPLE CREAM' (dumb capsed name copied straight from their site), but I wouldn't recommend it if you're from the north since the tone is pretty dark. personally on me, it looks like someone smeared dirt on my face so the clear gel would probably be a better option.
I probably can't help you with toner and cream/moisturiser because I use local ones that aren't sold outside my country (on the very small chance that you're here, Puhas Loodus from Orto), but any of the brands I mentioned should be fine for both. or go DIY like the other anon mentioned, but I really don't know much about that.
>>
File: reign.jpg (159KB, 1062x768px) Image search: [Google]
reign.jpg
159KB, 1062x768px
I've really taken a liking to this particular shade, but I'd rather not shell out a ridiculous amount of money to a third party seller (and I don't want my money going to this company to be honest), so I'm looking for a dupe. I'm thinking either NYX Wicked Lippie in Wrath or OCC's lip tar in Artifact, but I'm not sure which one if any. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any!
>>
>>8966409
Kat Von D stuff can cover tattoos very well. So it will work on veins.
>>
File: 71yzwpB84oL._SL1500_.jpg (47KB, 473x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71yzwpB84oL._SL1500_.jpg
47KB, 473x1500px
I used to use Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Souffle once or twice a week, but recently I've been applying it every night. My skin feels really smooth, but I was wondering if it's ok to use it every day for long term? It does seem quite strong compared to other products.
>>
Does anyone know of any really good concealers for dark circles? I really would prefer drugstore (aussies have such abysmal pricing) but might dish out more if there's something amazing
>>
Has anyone tried either the Violet Voss Holy Grail palette or the Too Faced Peach palette? I'm trying to decide between the two.
>>
>>8975631
If your skin can tolerate it, go for it. Just make sure you're well moisturized and UV protected
>>
>>8975715
Etude house surprise concealer kit. Make sure you prime and set it with powder, otherwise it'll crease
>>
>>8966009
Stop eating sugar and carbs. What you put into your body does a lot more for your skin than the shit you smear on top of it. I can't with these threads.
>>
>>8975784
Go away mom
>>
>>8975715
Have you tried NYX HD concealer wand? I have extremely dark circles, and I feel it gives me really good coverage. A lot of people consider it to be a dupe for the NARS radiant creamy concealer. You could also try the orange toned NYX concealer in a pot, or the yellow tone depending on your skin tone for additional coverage. I hope that helps you, anon!
>>
Could anyone recommend a moisturiser that's suitable for sensitive dry, oily, and acne prone skin? I've tried so many products over the years, and have settled for a generic skin cream named Double Base. Which probably isn't the best product to be using, as it leaves my face greasy looking. But everything else I've tried either leaves me with terribly dry skin, or an allergic reaction. Olay very nearly burnt my face off; my skin began peeling and looking generally awful– seriously, what do they put in their products? I'm reluctant to try anything new, as my skin is already in a bad state. Does anyone have any experience with Neutrogena moistures?
>>
>>8975847
I use the Neutrogena sensitive skin moisturizer. I have dry skin and acne, and it seems to help the dry without exacerbating the acne.
>>
>>8975784
That's a dry spot anon, not sugar induced acne. What even?
>>
>>8975847
Aloe vera gel is the basic moisturizer for oily skin we reccomend in skincare threads. It is soothing for irritated skin and absorbs quickly without any residue. For a heavier cream I suggest >>8966182
It is the moisturizer I use as a night cream (oily skin anon). If you have sensitive skin I would avoid Neutrogen products. They are overly stripping and irritating. But definitely grab some aloe gel, the 100% kind that is clear. Anything with color in it like Banana Boat contains alcohol and can be irritating. Fruit of the Earth or Lily of the Desert are good brands.
Your skin is most likely dehydrated from lack of moistureizer, and oily from not moisturizing as much as you should because of sensitive skin. I feel you. Adding a moisturizing toner might help as well!
>>
>>8975730
This. Everyone's skin is different. If your skin can handle it every day then that's good! Some people can only use AHA/BHA every other day. Just make sure you are using sunscreen when you go outside!
>>
>>8974379
Basic skincare routine is cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. These three steps are important because cleanser does just that. Cleanses off accumulated oils and dirt during the day. Toner helps pick up any extra residue, helps reset your skin's pH (which is important) and lowkey exfoliates. As in if you have any dead skincells just lurking about it picks it up and helps prevent clogged pores. Moisturizing is very impotant, even if you have oily skin. Washing your face can strip the natural oils from your skin, and not putting moisture back will cause your face to overcompensate, which leads to oily skin.

You do this routine TWICE a day. Once in the morning and once at night.

Basic skincare products are:
>Cleanser: Cetaphil or Cerave
>Toner: Witch Hazel (thayers brand reccomended because it is alcohol free)
>Moisturizer: Aloe Vera gel, Cetaphil, Eucarin

All of these can be found in a drugstore or at Target, Walmart, etc.
Try to get yourself on a basic routine and then go from there. Generally, we suggest giving a month or two for yous skin to get used to products, before introducing new ones.

Additional things you can do is drink plenty of water every day and keep yourself hydrated. And cut out sugary and caffinated sodas and junk foods. I hope that all helps, feel free to ask additional questions. Getting into skincare is a pain when you don't know what you need and why.
>>
>>8975784
I actually saw a reduction in my acne when I did this, so it does work for some people. The single biggest improvement was eliminating dairy entirely. Although it means I eat like a meat eating vegan, it's worth it to me. I feel better too, more energy. It's not a silver bullet, though. Everyone should experiment and do what works for them.
>>
>>8975862
Thank you for the suggestions, anon! I've seen aloe vera gel suggested a lot over the years, but I've been reluctant to try it. As I had a bad reaction a couple of years ago. But thinking about it, I think I picked up the wrong kind; the gel was green and heavily fragranced– I didn't know fragrance was generally bad back then.
I usually just use coconut oil to remove my makeup, wash my face with a natural bar of soap, and use a moisturiser.
What type of toner is best? I've seen liquid, cream, and gel toners on the shelves. I've used Garnier generic liquid toner, and I never really saw a difference in my skin. I always felt it dried my skin out a little too.
>>
File: prism.jpg (5KB, 310x162px) Image search: [Google]
prism.jpg
5KB, 310x162px
Have you seen this prism shimmer/highlighter from Bitter Lace Beauty? What do you think about it?
>>
File: imgur1-e1461079123980.jpg (61KB, 662x483px) Image search: [Google]
imgur1-e1461079123980.jpg
61KB, 662x483px
>>8975900
>>
>>8975900
Stupid
>>
>>8975971
???
>>
Gulls... I have a question (duh)

So I know that there are... acid(?) peels to get rid of facial scars like acne scars or whatever and I was wondering. Is there such a thing but for bigger, deeper scars? As in, stretch marks. If it hurts or whatever I don't care... just want to get rid of these things.
>>
>>8976005
No. By definition stretch marks are not scars, they are discoloration of your skin hastily making skin to adapt to your growth.
>>
>>8975900
This looks like she's applied an assortment of brightly coloured eye-shadows to her face? What's wrong with a regular highlighter? This just looks strange.
>>
>>8976028
I don't know. I guess it's supposed to make your cheeks "pop" or something. No idea.
>>
>>8975900
>>8976003

Never buy homemade makeup from etsy stores. They can put litterly anything in it and they don't test for harmfull chemicals/possible allergies/etc. For all we know, the ingredients are from Aliexpress.
(This is just a possibility, not a accusation to anyone)

Also, this store is just a little hype within the J-fashion comm. Coloured shimmers and highlights are around since the 80s. And can be created with local products aswell.
>>
>>8976019
not OP but shouldn't the treatment recommended for old acne marks still work then? that's also a discoloration issue
>>
>>8976050
Acne scars are surface stuff. The skin underneath is good, the skin on the top has the scar. But stretch marks are literally you getting more skin, but the skin is slightly different in color. The whole section of skin is that color.
>>
>>8976072
alright, thanks for explaining
>>
>>8976072
>>8976019

So then... No hope save for going under the knife?
>>
>>8975730
>>8975864
Thanks guys, will do. My moisturiser already has SPF 30+, but I think I'm going to try that Biore watery sunscreen that gets all the great reviews.
>>
So recently I started using TheFaceShop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Oil as well as the Cleansing Foam. I've only been using them for about a week. They seem really good, my skin feels and looks so much cleaner compared to when I was using drugstore cleanser and makeup remover. However, I have a few non-painful breakouts all of a sudden. Is it normal when you make a change to your skincare routine, or should I be worried? My skin is conbination, I chose rice water bright because I want to help lighten my PIH spots and even out my skintone in general. I'd really appreciate any advice!
>>
>>8952480
For dry faces like mine, it actually helps a lot.
>>
>>8975900
I think it looks pretty tacky, but it may work for cosplay.
>>
>>8975840
Argh, I love NYX stuff, but it's only ever at our Targets and all the ones near me are so poorly stocked it's depressing
>>8975731
I love Etude House stuff! I'll check it out

I wanted to originally get Mac Pro Longwear Concealer, but I'm not too willing to dish out $35 on it.
>>
>>8976388
If you're hunting for a good primer, check out Innisfree's eye primer or Etude House's. The EH one isn't color correcting though, and its packaging is really clunky.
>>
Just sharing this comic book - look that i found.
She nailed it desu
>>
>>8975899
I prefer a liquid toner because I found it absorbs into my skin quicker and is less likely to irritate it. I use the Thayer's Rose Petal witch hazel that is always raved about in these threads lol.
I would suggest that perhaps it is the soap that is drying out your skin and not the toner. Generally, washing your face with a bar of soap is frowned upon, because like foaming cleanser, it is overly drying and tends to cause irritation.
>>
>>8976005
I would suggest trying a derma roller on your stretchmarks, and using a very thick moisturizer. Dermarollers are generally rolled across pockmarked skin to help with deep lying acne scars on a crater face. What this does is poke a bunch of holes in your skin in a controlled manner, to help stimulate proper healing and new cell growth. It can also be used on stretch marks. But also, please remember that pretty much everyone has stretch marks, it's nothing rare, just rarely talked about.
>>
>>8976177
You know your skin best, if it is a breakout in an area that is not usual, then it is a reaction. Purging breakout should only happen when you introduce an active, like a chemical exfoliant or a clay mask which draws impurities to the surface. If the breakouts are not painful and your skin does not feel irritated, then it may just be a light purge of clogged pores. I would suggest giving it another week or two to see if things calm down. But it is ultimately up to you to make the call. You seem very positive about the product so it might just be doing its job, cleaning your skin.
For help with your PIH I suggest introducing a vitamin C serum.
>>
>>8976435
>Mr. Yan

H-hi, Mr. Yan....
>>
File: etude house.png (122KB, 482x398px) Image search: [Google]
etude house.png
122KB, 482x398px
Anyone tried this stuff? What are your opinions on korean makeup, and which are your fav brands?
>>
>>8976479

Thank you... I mean, I know that lots of people have them but... mine were self inflicted, I knew what the results would be and did everything to get disgusting. Traumatic childhood events, now that I feel better emotionally I just want to progress physically since my emotional progress is pretty good so far.
>>
Can somebody reccomend some products and/or a routine for dry skin? Everywhere I look, I only see things for people with oily skin. I barely do anything with my skin though; I switch between using the Acnefree oil-free purifying cleanser and the Clearasil Rapid Action Gel Wash, I exfoliate with a St. Ives oatmeal scrub, and I use Josie Maran whipped argan oil to moisturize at night and use Neutrogena pink grapefruit moisturizer throughout the day.
>>
>>8976585
I've tried Face Blur. I'm already on my second bottle. It's really incredible, makes you skin look super nice under your base and makes it last incredibly long too. It's super worth the price. I wouldn't buy another primer now, wouldn't even risk trying another, I just really love it. I've tried Wonder Pore as well and I thought it was a bit too harsh on my skin for daily use but I did see pretty nice results.

My personal favorite brand for make-up is Etude House just because I love their packaging and branding but I also really love the Face Shop. At this point, I just exclusively wear korean make-up because it's worth the price and the tones/shades it comes in fits my coloring very well. Plus, I just love the packaging and concepts of it.
>>
>>8976585
face blur gave me awful cystic acne after one use, took forever for my face to heal
>>
what's a good routine to help me stop looking like a disgusting zit monster?
it seems like it's hormonal but birth control didn't help very much
>>
>>8976688
Hey anon, I'm OP here. I don't know your skin type but I hope this'll help you. The most basic is cleanser > toner > moisturizer. I don't like acne creams or pads, they dry out my skin. I use Cetaphil cleanser, Thayer's rose toner (it's moisturizing!), Mizon snail ampoule, and 100% aloe vera gel. It's been about a week since I added in the Thayer's and Mizon snail ampoule, and my acne is clearing up nicely. I've also tried the Etude House moistfull collagen sleeping pack twice, and I think it helped to make my skin softer. My flaky areas aren't as bad as before already.
I feel like my toner before was irritating one small red-bump patch on my jaw since it had alcohol in it, and the new one soothes it. Toner brings up acne from the skin and is supposed to gradually reduce it, but use a moisturizer or it might dry you out depending on the one you use. Some sheet masks and stuff are supposed to be anti-acne as well, but I'm unsure how well those work. But really, my acne isn't that bad since I'm on bc as well (it wasn't awful as before but more frequent especially in summertime) but now that I'm trying to stick to my routine every day it's making a difference already.
Basically, having a standard routine might help you, but if it's severe acne I'm not sure. But if you're new to skincare and don't already have a routine I definitely suggest getting some gentle products and maybe the toner will suck out your acne and help it to not return? I also hear dabbing a bit of alcohol on spots works, but it can be drying so do it sparingly. I hope I gave a tiny inkling of help, I'm sure the other anons will do a much better job.
>>
>>8976640
>>8976649
Well this is conflicting
>>
File: Smooth Pore Cream.jpg (101KB, 1005x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Smooth Pore Cream.jpg
101KB, 1005x1600px
>>8976585
I really liked Freshner but since I can't really be bothered with toners I never repurchased. It made my nose filaments look lighter and less noticeable and didn't fuck with my already fussy combo acne skin.

I guess I like Skin Food the most, their moisturizers are pretty decent. The fresh apple pore primer and peach sake powder are good too.
>>
Any recommendations on "grease paper" that you can buy in Tokyo? When I travel (mostly by plane) my face gets super greasy so I want something that I can freshen up my face with. Should I just go for regular face wipes or?
>>
>>8976919
It's 'blotting paper' or 'blotting pads' in the west, anon. Same thing.
>>
>>8976920
Yeah that's what I meant. I was just wondering if it's better to go with that or just wet wipes you know?
>>
>>8976927
Definitely the blotting paper if you're wearing makeup - It's specifically meant to evaporate oil without ruining makeup. Wet wipes are more for removal.
>>
>>8976615
Oh, I didn't know stretch marks could be self inflicted? Honestly, people don't even ask about how you get them, they're just there. Half of the time people get them from puberty or weight loss/gain and it's to be expected. I tend to forget most of the time they are there until I wear a bathingsuit or something. Even then I could kind of care less because it's not like someone's going to be spreading open my legs to look at my inner thighs. After a while you just accept them as part of your skin, but I understand wanting to fade them. Mine were purple and very sensitive for a long time. Wearing shorts could be embarassing because I wouldn't realize how short they were until I looked down. But the older you get, the less you care when you realize how bs a lot of beauty standards are. It also seriously helps to think of them as demon claw marks, like oh this rad looking purple claw mark thing? Fight with a demon tiger.
>>
>severe acne + discolored skin + severe eye bags
>combo oily + dry skin, cracks and peels around acne
>minocycline made me severely ill
>doxycycline did not work
>allergic to a third oral treatment my dermatologist prescribed, resulted in full-body hives
>been trying every topical treatment on the market for years
>gave up all makeup with exception of special occasions because it hurts too much to apply/remove and not even the thickest concealer can conceal my acne anyways
>can't start accutane for another two years because you have to live in the same location for 5 months straight, which I can't do because of college

Should I just kill myself /cgl/? I'm supposed to be in my prime but I look like a fucking gremlin.
>>
>>8977344
Well you can improve on all those with a good regime for skincare, and I'm sure you aren't hideous without the skin issues because very few people are unless they have a fucked up bone structure. Solider on and make your /cgl/ dreams reality.
>>
>>8977344
I'm assuming you've already tried cutting down your routine to something really bare bones and the problem persisted. If Accutane is still open to you as an option, tough it out until you can start on it.

My acne isn't nearly as painful, but I am prone to spots of cystic acne, especially if I'm stressed. It improved a bit after I cut out dairy and all the really processed junk from my diet (especially anything with added sugar), but I don't know if you already do that or not. I was also over-exfoliating because I'm a dumbass, and my skin got a lot less angry after letting it rest on a really basic routine.
>>
>>8977344
Your skin type sounds a lot like mine desu. I'm 23 and I still get acne. Have you tried moisturising masks on your breakouts? It helps me when I transform into pizzaface after a period. Takes about half a week of nightly masks in a row before I dare to whip out a desk mirror. Avocado seems to work best, both in diy and premade packet form.
>>
>>8977344
Have you already tried zinc oxide? I had a friend who had painful breakouts at times, tried it on a whim, and found that it helped to calm down her breakouts faster. She mixed (non-nano) zinc oxide powder with a basic moisturizer (cetaphil I think). I'm not sure on the ratio but the opaque whiteness of the zinc shouldn't matter if you wear it at night.
>>
>>8976831
Yeah I feel bad posting that right after the other anon but... fair warning I guess. Definitely spot test a few days before you actually intend to try it, absolutely wrecked my clear face for a good two weeks.
>>
I'm getting a few moles on my face surgically removed tomorrow, what should I do to keep them from scarring? I've been told to wear sunscreen and take vitamin C.
>>
>>8975900
yikes! I thought her cheek was swollen something awful. That looks terrible.
>>
>>8977456
Vitamin e is what you really need. Treat it like you would a wound after. Triple antibiotic skin protectant so it doesn't get too dry, let it breathe, don't expose the new skin to too much sun and you should be good.
>>
>>8977344
Have you tried going on birth control, and/or Accutane? I'd also suggest getting the Aztec Healing clay mask, and a BHA. You're going to have to tough out a rough purge.
I went through the same thing. I was on Doryx for years, it did nothing. I swapped dermatologists, this one had me get bloodwork and put me on Accutane. Went on it for about 9 months, cried everyday because of how painful and disfiguring the cysts were.Went off it and had to go on birth control because I was still getting breakouts. It's been about a year and my skin is now clear for the first time since I can remember. I remember at one point I had this giant cyst that was about two inches wide on my cheek that I eventually had to get lanced, and it was just blood everywhere.
But seriously, it's just a guessing game in the end to find what works for you. What is your topical routine? We can help walk you through from there. Also are you taking any supplements or vitamins to help?
>>
>>8976640
>>8976649
Well i bought the face blur, i will try it in a small area of my face when it arrives. hope it works well for me, i have red undertones and i dont like wearing lots of coverage so i use a green cc cream and i was hoping this primer stuff thingy gave my face a more
homogeneous kind of tone
>>
best brands for sensitive skin?

Looking for eye makeup that doesn't make my eyes feel dry and teary.
>>
>>8977607
Jane Iredale, Clinique, Innisfree, Clarins should be good
>>
>>8975631
Is there much difference between pic related and http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000052YM8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2B8VKEIECWQ58&coliid=IDI5YPXCBZAVR ?

If so which one is better?
>>
>>8977344

Try tea tree oil, if you haven't already.
>>
>>8975900
I love the idea but I think she could've gone more over the top with the rest of her makeup. With some drag or shironuri this could look magnificent but like that it's a bit out of place.
>>
>>8975730
>>8975631
What the other anon said, I use an AHA 4% weaker than yours once a week only but my dad has a 10% Paulas Choice that he applies daily.
>>
Any good matte sunscreen recommendations? I've used both Biore Watery ones, the Gel and the Essence, and while the essence is more matte it makes my eyes burn a lot and the gel is quite greasy.
>>
>>8978284
Rainbow shironuri would be absolutely magical
>>
Hey gulls.

I have really bad hyperpigmentation and I don't know how to make it any better. I apply a BB cream with spf 30 in it every day so the sun doesn't make it worse, but it never seems to get better.

Is there anything I can do?
>>
>>8978781
oh, this hyperpigmentation is from my acne. I don't pick at it or anything, and it just turns red afterwards and it just stays that way
>>
>>8978781
Yes. AHA, sunscreen, vitamin C
>>
>>8978781
Also Bb cream isn't enough, you need a thicker layer which only sunscreen can provide
>>
>>8978797
>>8978798
Thank you!!
>>
When should I use vitamin c serum in my routine?
>>
Is it safe to purchase skincare products from EBay, or is it a no go like Etsy? I'm trying to purchase large quantities (1000ml/1KG), but can't seem to find any official websites based in the UK.
>>
>>8978990
Personally, serums have had a better effect on me before my moisturizer, so maybe try that
>>
>>8979016
From tried-and-true resellers, sure. But most of the no-name skincare products you get from Hong Kong or China are very, very bad.

If you're buying Western makeup/skincare online it's safer to go to Maquilallia (Spanish store with cheap postage, sells drugstore makeup and skincare) ASOS, BeautyBay or feelunique if you live in a backwater bog like yours truly. They're also a bit cheaper than brick-and-mortar shops. If you're looking for Asian products, try Sasa.com (legit shop from HK), YesStyle (overpriced to fuck but worth it if you can't get it anywhere else) or eBay. Amazon is actually rather sketchy when it comes to these.

eBay shops I've bought from:
sing-sing-girl (fastest postage)
rubyruby76 (best known and cheapest)
f2plus1 (very well known, postage used to be fast but is a bit slow lately)
iamlove-shop (never bought cosmetics, just nail stuff but it was legit)
rinishop (ditto)
fujisan_jp (Japanese skincare)
webtai (Taiwanese skincare and Asian makeup, Western luxury makeup)

Since you're a fellow Europeon unfortunately you're SOL in trying to avoid customs when buying in bulk.

iHerb is a good, cheap website that stocks crunchy, vegan hippie etc products as well as a bunch of other things like beeswax and other ingredients. They're based in the US so you can find a lot of bulk items as well.

I don't know what you're looking for so I can't really help past listing a bunch of cheap stores. Are you looking for ingredients like L-ascorbic acid sold in bulk, or something like shampoo?

>>8978990
In the morning, before moisturiser, wait 20 mins for it to absorb. Beware of yellow-tinted towels.
>>
>>8979039
Sorry Anon, I completely forgot to mention I'm looking for the basic aloe vera gel, witch hazel, coconut oil, and almond oil. I've been purchasing imported US products, as I literally couldn't find any pure aloe anywhere else– that looked legit. It's costing my a fortune.

I wanted to keep my search within the EU, because as you mentioned customs are everyone's worst nightmare. I got hit big time last year, and never again.

The shops you linked are really helpful though, as I was also looking for Asian cosmetics on EBay, but wasn't sure which were considered safe. Definitely going to check everything you linked in more detail. Thank you, anon!
>>
>>8978990
I use it right after my toner and wait about 20-30 minutes for it to absorb. Then I apply spot treatment or whatever else, then my moisturizer.
>>
File: 2016-04-25 05.53.28 1.png (188KB, 269x440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-25 05.53.28 1.png
188KB, 269x440px
I went camping back in January and got some weird bug bites on my lower back/side. They've healed but it doesn't seem like the scars are fading at all.
I have a cosplay that I plan on wearing in June that exposes my lower belly/back and was wondering if y'all have any tips to help get rid of the scarring. I was planning on just using make up to cover it if they didn't fade by the convention but I figured asking wouldn't hurt!

Sorry for the bad picture, it's hard to get a good picture of my back.
>>
>>8979102
BHA/AHA acids on the spots, followed up by bio oil, same sort of treatment I give my acne scars. make sure to patch test the acids on your arm and such.
>>
Does anyone have advice for keloid scars? I've got a lot on my face unfortunately, I can't find any info that actually says much more than "you're fucked"
>>
>>8979029
>>8979039
>>8979098
Before or after AHA/BHA?
>>
>>8979058
For those things you'll definitely want to check out iherb, they've really got everything of the sort in generous amounts. I used to get thayers alcohol free witch hazel from there, I recommend it.
For EU shops I'm guessing Eastern Europe and Germany will be cheapest but they always overprice these things so I'm not sure if it's worth it. Coconut oil, maybe.
>>
>>8979171
AHA/BHA should come immediately after cleanser (or cleanser + toner, if you use a toner.)

It works best on clean skin and left for a moment to soak in.
>>
The corners of my mouth get this weird dark/yellow discoloration to it, and it stretches down in a line like a frown. Any help?
>>
What do you guys do about arm hair for cosplay? The hair on my arms is pretty dark and I've been thinking about waxing or bleaching it. Any suggestions?
>>
>>8979441
>http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Discolouration-around-mouth/show/718779
>>
>>8979140
>http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/dermatology/scars_85,P00313/
Looks like you do have some options anon.
>>
>>8979598
I'd go for a henna dye. Amazon sells some, or you can probably walk into a local beauty supply store and get some.
Linking a random shop so you can see color samples.
>http://hennacolorlab.com/product-category/henna-hair-dyes/
>>
>>8979058
I would also suggest iherb. Pic related is pretty much all you need for aloe gel.
>>
>>8979371
>>8979171
BHA/AHA should come after toner, as it is pH sensitive. If you are using a vitamin C serum in your routine, that should come before the BHA, and you must wait about 30 minutes betwen the two. I found that my BHA absorbs better when I use it after my toner, so I split my vita c and BHA between routines, but that is my personal preference.
>>
File: enhanced-2313-1449776367-1.jpg (30KB, 625x348px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-2313-1449776367-1.jpg
30KB, 625x348px
Any tips for cute makeup/eyeliner for hooded eyes? My liner wings always look really awkward. No matter how good they look when i'm applying it, as soon as I open my eyes it looks wrong or something.
As well as the fact that you can't see most of the shadow because you can't see much of my lid. Mine aren't as severe as the models however
>>
>>8980069
If you're going to do winged liner, draw the line following the curve of your bottom lash instead of your top lash. Here's a helpful album: http://imgur.com/a/rqbaM

Personally, I just do a wash of color all over my eyes (usually a bronze or gold). Then, I focus on tightlining and lashes. That way, I won't have to worry about my eyeshadow smudging or different colors getting lost in the folds.
>>
>>8980225
Thank you so much! I've been struggling with getting even cosplay make-up to look right with my eyes, but that guide is a godsend
>>
>>8952738
I'm going to agree with this. Test your shit first.

On another note, if no brands or routines seem to be working to remove issues, get your fucking hormones tested. Wasting money on the struggle to find products that work cost a shit ton more in the long run than getting a blood test and finding out it's something no bottle of bullshit is going to fix.
>>
>>8980251
This. Half of the time the cause of your skin issues could be internal, anything from hormones to diet to immune system. If nothing topical is working then visit a dermatologist. Not everything can be solved with a good routine.
>>
Looking for a cheap toner, thinking about thayers witch hazel. Is their rose water one ok, or their aloe vera, not really sure what to get?
>>
>>8980069
I had an issue with winged liner too, what I ended up doing is drawing the extending line with my eyes open first. I placed the tip in the corner of my eye, then "dragged" it out a few mm. Then I closed my eye and drew the rest on.
>>
>>8975631
I apply the 10% to my face almosy every night and my skin has tolerated it well. I had to slowly build up to that tho. When I finish my current bottle I plan to move up to the 12% and do the same.
>>
>>8980760
I like the rose petal one because it also has aloe vera in it. So, two for one essentialy.
>>
is diluted apple cider vinegar a good toner? I've heard mixed things about it
>>
File: 1459457572303.jpg (686KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1459457572303.jpg
686KB, 663x1000px
Quick primer question, gulls.

I've been using Estee Lauder Double Wear for a while now and am really happy with the full coverage I'm getting, but unfortunately my face is fairly dry so I've been looking into a primer to make everything look a little more fresh. I already use a setting spray as opposed to powder which definitely does help but just covering my bases here (no pun intended, I think).

I've finally settled on Two Faced's Hangover primer which seems like it would fit the bill (super hydrating, perfect for dry skin), but it seems to be water-based whereas my foundation is silicone-based. A couple of people on Youtube use the same primer/foundation combination without any issue, so should I be safe buying it anyway? Also if you've dry skin feel free to recommend any primer you already use!
>>
>>8981180
It depends on your skin type honestly. I made an ACV toner diluted with green tea a while back and I liked it, but it was ultimately too harsh for my skin. For my friend, it worked perfectly fine. I also had severe cystic acne and still hadn't really worked out my routine quite yet and then stopped because I decided accutane was the best route for me.

I would give it a shot and try it for about two weeks and see how you feel about it! I love ACV, and making your own toner is fun. I use it cut with TTO as my spot treatment now, and I drink a tablespoon of it diluted with a glass of water every day. Braggs has a lot of great skin benefits, so explore all the differenet options!
>>
>>8975469
Kat von D's Studded Kiss Lipstick in Thin Lizzy or Gothica? I can vouch for the quality too, I have Lovecraft as my go-to lipstick.
>>
Do you guys have any BB cream skin type charts? I'm looking to purchase my first Korean BB Cream online, but as a pale redhead, choosing blindly feels intimidating as only the palest cool shades will work for me. A recommendation would also be very helpful.
>>
>>8981438
4chan is being a cunt and won't let me link for you. On the Asian Beauty subreddit, there is a link on their sidebar that matches your mac shade to comparable BB creams.

I can try linking but it thinks it's spam
>>
>>8981456
Thanks! That should be perfect. I've been googling for charts but nothing good had come up yet.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>8981438
I'm a cool toned ghost too. I use Mizon's snail BB cream.
Great coverage, makes my skin look translucent. If you have dark under eyes you'll need tone correcting, but it's good for everything else. My skin often feels softer after I use it. Mild spf.
I can check which tone my cream is, but I think it's the fairest one.
Def reccomend.
Fair warning, it goes a long way and requires the patting method, it pills if you rub or use too much. Even cheap elf primer helps.
>>
>>8981475
I'll look into it, thanks! Regrettably I have the driest skin known to man with red spots and I pill easily, but I'm willing to try working with anything if it's the right shade. I use Smashbox colour correcting primer.
>>
Alright, I picked one out, is Amazon safe to order from? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, I've never ordered makeup online before and one seller from Korea has free shipping, but only review.
>>
>>8981485
Do you do a moisturizing routine before your makeup?
On days I forget my lotion I use an aloe setting spray, that seems to help with dryness for me as least.
>>
>>8981534
Depends on the supplier. Direct from Amazon is fine, but check the feedback on resellers.
>>
>>8981545
Yeah, I do, and it helps but it's not 100% effective. It's just my skin, it's fucked. I need to drink more water. A aloe setting spray though? I should look into that. I love aloe and that'd probably help a ton.

>>8981548
Gotcha, thank you. I'll be careful.
>>
>>8981534
I'd honestly rather order from eBay
>>
Moisturizer or some type of oil like jojoba or coconut stuff for really oily skin? My pores get clogged pretty easily.

...Also does castor oil really make your eyebrow hairs grow? ....I'm so tired of not having eyebrows. :(
>>
>>8981829
aloe vera gel
>>
>>8981829
Don't use some gross-ass oil, use real moisturizer. They make moisturizer for oily skin. Clinique's Dramatically Different line has both a lotion and gel formulation in smallish sizes you can try out. Using dubious oil in a non-cosmetic preparation is just going to clog your pores even worse.
>>
>>8981829
I wouldn't use an outside oil if your pores clog easily. I have excessively oily skin (Like, rubbed-a-stick-of-butter-on-it) and I use Skinfood's Peach Sake pore serum and emulsion. They're both really light and dry velvety and totally matte.
I've noticed a huge difference in oil production while I'm wearing them, so I guess the serum absorbs a lot of it.

>ITT: Aloe Vera gel is the new Thayer's Rose toner.
>Thayer's was the new St. Ive's Apricot scrub before we all started hating it.
>>
File: grossstuffson.jpg (63KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
grossstuffson.jpg
63KB, 960x960px
I don't know if this is allowed and no one asked for it, but I had really bad cystic acne and some discoloration, but have since treated it.
Proactiv fucked my skin up so yeah.
I'm just leaving my skincare routine in the case that it may help.
Skin type/ condition: Oily, combination, not sensitive, cystic acne, very occasional pimples

Face wash: L'occitane Immortelle Precious Cleansing Foam, Estée Lauder
Soft Clean Cleanser !(used l'occitane when my face felt exceptionally oily)
Exfoliant: Ground up rice mixed with green tea. I would put it on like a mask then exfoliate very gently in the shower.
Toner: Diluted ACV with the mother. Drank this too, it's crucial you do for cystic acne. 1tbs a day for me after a good meal.
Treatmeant: Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion and their drying masked. I applied the buffering lotion then the drying mask, then ontop of it once more as they suggested. Use once a week or every other week as needed
Moisturizer: I actually used Skinfoods Tomato Emulsion as a moisturizer, don't hate me.
Mask: Various mask by skinfood used twice a week.
For my discoloration I am currently using C20 Vitamin c serum as well as PMD, may switch to derma rolling.
Sunscreen: nature republic sunblock california aloe
If you think im doing anything harmful please tell me. I have changed my routine many times and this set is what has worked for me. I'm pretty dumb so please feel free to give me any advice.
>>
>>8982017
>oil is gross
Confirmed for being a tard.
You are so very wrong, just thought you'd like to know that.
>>
>>8982071
And I have amazing skin, so you can eat a dick.
>>
File: 1448829882412.png (219KB, 378x266px) Image search: [Google]
1448829882412.png
219KB, 378x266px
>>8982080
My skin looks and feels legit like butter from all the delicious fat I coat it with. Unsalted.
>>
>>8976585
Faceshop and Skinfood are my favs but some VDL and 3 Conccept Eyes are nice. Etude House and Toly Moly are the cheaper end brands in korean make up-not saying they're bad, but are known to be cheaper.

I think you really have to try with your skintone and also what look you're going for. Korean make up in general tries to go for that dew faced look than matte so a lot of their make up caters to that and to dryer skin.
>>
>>8955028
Is there a particular style you like? I'm looking at 107 Frankie or 43 Stevi for cosplay. Something big enough for camera, but not too outrageous in person.
>>
>>8982157
Skinfood is my favourite for skincare and 'base' makeup, like primer/concealer/powder/BB/blush. Definitely comparable to 'high-end' Western products.
Tonymoly and Etude House are both big for their super cutesy packaging and pretty on par with any other makeup. Perfect for lip and eye stuff, especially stuff that just isn't popular in the west (Like their aegyo sal eye sticks, which I love!)

Has anybody else noticed that Korean mascaras don't really dry? Everything I've tried has stayed slightly tacky and eventually ends up clumping.
>>
what is going to be the best eyeshadow to get to achieve the color she has? I have a few reds in my palettes but they are all very coppery and I want something more like this.
>>
File: justaheart.jpg (12KB, 410x349px) Image search: [Google]
justaheart.jpg
12KB, 410x349px
>>8982316
sage for ot, but fabulous taste in film anon!
>>
>>8982357
I love the character so much!! I want to emulate that kind of style she had.
>>
File: oil_based_cleansers.png (186KB, 533x536px) Image search: [Google]
oil_based_cleansers.png
186KB, 533x536px
>>8951705
one of the best oil-based makeup removers I've used is Nivea's mi-cellular water, and then Anne French cleansing milk afterwards. For eye makeup it's always extra virgin olive oil, hands down.
>>
>>8976585
Most of my makeup is from Innisfree. I fucking love innisfree
>>
File: redshadowref.jpg (107KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
redshadowref.jpg
107KB, 640x430px
>>8982316
Hello anon I may or may not have been attempting to emulate this look as well. It's nice to know that there's someone else out there who connected with her.

So the lighting can make it look pinkish, or brown, and sometimes coppery? So I just stick with neutral reds and will play around depending on what I feel like that day. Generally I blend out a matte neutral red across the lid, fading out as I go. Then I use a more bordeaux or brown shadow to softly line my eyes, and add some shading to the outer corner. I also use the darker colour on the bottom outer lash line.

Pic related is the shadows I use the most! Sugarpill pressed shadow in Love+ and Etude House Look at my Eyes Cafe in PK004. I'm not sure if the latter is still available? But I hope it can be a good reference.
>>
>had pimple-free okay skin
>decides to do something to make it clearer
>skin becomes worse

Am I better off going to a dermatologist or an esthetician to figure out why my skin is reacting to practically every product or just stop all together and be okay with mediocre skin
>>
>>8982062
Hey, your skin's made some great strides! A word of advice while you consider derma-rolling: you're not supposed to do it if you have active acne, as you can actually spread the gunk into other parts of your skin as you roll the needle over it. It's never happened for me but that is one of the warnings that come with it.

Other than that, I would suggest you try to find a better moisturizer because right now you have so many drying products, but it seems like you get that. For oily skin, sometimes it can be better to layer a few light moisturizers (like the Hada Labo toner if you've heard of it) so your skin doesn't get clogged by heavy moisturizers.
>>
>>8982862
You need to introduce products one at a time. Also, just because it works for someone else doesn't mean it works for you.
>>
>>8982316
I can't see pic too well because I'm on mobile but if you are looking for an eye shadow that is true red rather than coppery I recommend stargazer and other goth/alternative/dark makeup brands because the tend to do good reds- the stargazer eye shadow I had cost very little and was super pigmented and red (was a little smudgy unless I wore a primer though).

Tip courtesy of being an emo kid during the MCR three cheers for sweet revenge era...
>>
Anyone have anything for tightening skin? Got a little bit of loose skin on my belly that's driving me bananas. I'm considering laser lipo (it would also take care of some pudge) or laser skin tightening treatments, but would love to try cheaper alternatives first.
>>
>>8983058
Yep, YMMV and patch testing one product for two weeks. It just sucks that only one of the 7 I've tried worked for me
>>
>>8982555
>Sugarpill pressed shadow in Love+
OH good! I was considering buying that one. Thanks for the Etude rec too!

>>8983077
Thanks I'm gonna check out stargazer too!
>>
Do AHAs help make your skin absorb a BHA better?
>>
Hey gulls. I'm starting to get more into skincare, now that I'm reaching an age where I should be a little more concerned with it. I rarely wear makeup, so would a simple cleanser/toner/moisturizer routine work for me? My skin is a little on the oily side, but nothing too bad.
>>
>>8981256

I bought the Hangover primer earlier this year. I like it and it seems to help my skin not look as dry (especially under my eyes). It can feel a little sticky initially, but give it a few minutes.

I would recommend buying it from Sephora if you have one near you so you can get a refund or exchange if it doesn't work out.
>>
I'm really sorry for posting this so far down the thread, but I need some help. I want to start taking better care of my skin so it will look better by itself and because I want to start building skills in makeup application, but a lot of the recommendations in this thread are going over my head because I don't really even have a basic knowledge of skincare. My 'routine' involves washing with a Neutrogena facial bar every time I shower. And that's it. I've got oily skin all over my face except for my cheeks. I'm not prone to acne except for a very few sebum bumps on my forehead close to my hairline and some seemingly permanent blackheads on my nose.

I know that I need a cleanser, toner, and spf as a the barest bare minimum.
Do I use an oil or foam cleanser or both?
Is serum or essence essential? I don't have wrinkle concerns.
If my skin is oily do I need to use lotions?
Are sheet masks or sleeping masks part of a daily routine?
Do routines need to be done both morning and nightly? Do you need a different routine for each?

If I'm missing anything, which I'm sure I am, please set me straight. If you can recommend products that can be found in an Ulta that would be great. I'm headed there tomorrow to amass all of these things.
>>
>>8983753
see
>>8975870
>>
>>8984087
See this post >>8975870 for a basic run down.

Your skin is most likely super oily because you don't moisturize. Even if you have oily skin you MUST moisturize. When you wash your face you are washing off the accumulated oils and dirt, stripping your skin of natural oils. This then causes your skin to overcompensate for that loss, thus oily skin.
Another reason is you are using Neutrogena, and the bar of soap. Bar soap is overly drying, and Neutrogena products are very stripping and have been known to cause a lot of irritation.

Just start with a basic routine for the first month or two. That' all you need to begin with in order to get your skin used to new products, and to get you used to such a schedule. You add in other products one at a time, with at the very least, a two week grace period to see how your skin reacts. You only introduce one at a time in order for you to be able to narrow down what is causing your skin to have a reaction in the case that your skin does not agree with a product.
Do not get a foam cleanser, like bar soap they are often overly drying. Serums and essences are not essential. You buy products that target specific skin concerns, if you don't have any then it is not really necessary.
Sheet masks can be a daily thing, or a once a week thing. Think of it as a spa day, you are treating your skin. If your skin is dull and overly dehydrated, you do a sheet mask. If you need help with a break out, emergency sheet mask. You don't have to, it is a preference.

You do your routine twice a day, one in the morning and once at night. You do not need to have a different routing for each. After a while they tend to get different though depending on how many products you have. For example, I do a basic routine + vitamin c serum in the morning, because I simply do not have time before work to wait 20-30 minutes between applying chemical exfoliants and serums and all that. But when I first started I had the same basic routine twice a day.
>>
>>8984087
1. Personal preference, most people seem to prefer regular cleansing AM and both PM. Oil cleansing in the morning is usually not necessary.
2. No. Dont bother with it until you have your basic routine down.
3. You ALWAYS need to moisturize. I'd say it's more important than your toner. If you do not moisturize, your skin will likely produce even more oil to compensate for the oil lost by cleansing.
4. Personal preference, but I wouldn't focus on them until you have your basic routine down.
5. Usually there's a shorter routine AM, and a longer one PM. For a basic routine it goes
>cleanser
>toner
>moisturize
>spf
for AM

>oil cleanse
>cleanse
>toner
>moisturize
for PM.

I must stress that you SHOULD NOT start too many products at once. Introduce 1 at a time, so you know if it's not working and breaking you out. In your case, I'd say since you already cleanse withyour facial bar, start with adding a moisturizer, or possibly switching out the cleanser. DO NOT get overexcited about face masks and serums and other shit. Take your time to get the basics down.

also i saw >>8984289 post before me but fuck it i had already started writing.
>>
>>8984289
>>8984294
You are both super helpful, thank you so much. I'll just start by switching out the bar for a better cleanser and make sure to do AM and PM. Not having to worry about all the bells and whistles at first makes this all seem a million times more manageable.
>>
>>8984301
Like the other anon said. Just focus on a basic routine for now. It's so much easier to just take it slow. You will probably gather a few more products over a year or two but it's more managable when you realize you only add one thing at a time with most likely months in between. This lets you actually figure out what exactly the product is doing, rather than just throwing stuff at your face. Knowledge comes with time and experience. It took me almost two years to finally understand this AHA/BHA business, terms like chemical exfoliation went right over my head. It's easier to get curious and learn about one thing rather than 15 at once.
>>
File: 20160429_175014.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160429_175014.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
>>8970663
Ok anon, I got in the order!
They marked it down in value and checked it off as a gift, didn't even have to ask.
Give me a moment to lay it all out!
>>
>>8984837
This. Get the basics.
Oil cleanser, foaming/gel second cleanser, toner, moisturizer, sunscreen.
It's amazing what just cleaning your face properly can do for you.

>>8984301
I know this is taboo on 4chan, but I really recommend going on reddit's /asianbeauty/. Lots of good information in that sidebar and in a few threads. There's even a spreadsheet that lists a lot of bb creams/bb cushions in order using a MAC scale, topped off with comments about how yellow/red/grey it is.
>>
File: 305165767.jpg (196KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
305165767.jpg
196KB, 1000x562px
>>8984900
whoops, big file.
So! I think it's worth it! The mask pack is around a 20 value, and the sample variety is pretty good. Do you get WOW for 25? If you're not into samples, probably not, but I sure am.
If anyone wants specifics, I'll give you a fair review for anything I got in this.
>>
File: 0378-26647.jpg (359KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
0378-26647.jpg
359KB, 1500x843px
>>8984914
Here's a clearer picture so you can see the text.
>>
File: DSC04579[1].jpg (113KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04579[1].jpg
113KB, 500x332px
How often do you apply ampoule? Is morning and night too frequent? I bought the Mizon snail ampoule a few weeks ago and love it - my skin feels really soft and a lot of fine lines have disappeared. The bottle is nearly halfway empty from being used twice daily. Buying more isn't a concern; I want to make sure that I'm not using ampoule too often when it would be just as effective with a once-a-day application
>>
>I can't even apply a pencil eyeliner after attempting for a week and watching hours of youtube.
>I almost don't have any upper lid like >>8951716
and my eyelashes get in way and there's a lot of pink between eye and the line and anyway no matter how thin my eyeliner is it makes me look as if I got hit in eye.
>I also have permanent purple zone next to my nose
W-well at least I'm complimented on looking much younger than I'm.
>>
>>8985156
I use serums, ampoules and oils at night, but only because using them in the morning makes my skin too slippy for make up. If you're worried about over using it, you could experiment with applying it at night for a few weeks. But honestly if it's made such a good difference I think you should keep doing what you're doing.
>>
>>8985339
Pic of your eye?
Or what kind of eye do you have? Monolid? Hooded? You mentioned an >almost, so I'm not sure what you mean.
>>
Is a toner really important? I used to use toner and it just dried out my skin.
I don't get much acne anymore (just the occasional deep under skin one, which I think is hormonal) and I want to focus on fading dark marks from old pimples. I suppose I should start looking at anti-aging as well.

So far my routine is:
AM: Cetaphil cleanser, 2% BHA, Moisturiser with spf.
PM: Cetaphil cleanser, 12% AHA, Moisturiser without spf.

Is toner my next step, or should I skip that and try a serum or something?
>>
>>8986711
Whether or not toner is useful is up for debate, but honestly I think you should spend your money on a serum or something. Toners are generally a water/glycerin mix with low concentrations of anything else, and I've seen a lot that contain alcohol which might be what dried out your skin. If you want to fade dark spots and some anti-aging stuff, you'll have better luck in getting it from products with higher concentrations of beneficial ingredients (like serums!). Try something with Vitamin C or a retinoid.
>>
What would you do for a day-before-cosplay routine?

You know, most characters have that soft looking, angel pale skin and no imperfections at all. Do you take a bath the day before and relax, or use a special lotion or cream? Or do you just put some makeup on to cover everything the day of the cosplay and that's it?
>>
This came up in my YT recommendations, thought you seagulls would get a kick out of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qvN_Gi1kNE
>>
>>8983790
Awesome, that's what I wanted to hear. I've no issue with stickiness as a lot of skin products I use in general are like that!
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.