[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old School Lolita thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 151

File: image:23766.png (243KB, 370x355px) Image search: [Google]
image:23766.png
243KB, 370x355px
Old one has been in archive for a while.

Having any recent purchases? What's your oldest item? What kind if coords are you planning? Who's your old school inspiration/idol?
>>
File: image:23757.jpg (16KB, 165x381px) Image search: [Google]
image:23757.jpg
16KB, 165x381px
>>
File: image:23786.jpg (66KB, 338x613px) Image search: [Google]
image:23786.jpg
66KB, 338x613px
>>8950451
>>
File: image:23787.jpg (74KB, 382x600px) Image search: [Google]
image:23787.jpg
74KB, 382x600px
>>8950453
>>
File: image:23771.jpg (172KB, 435x500px) Image search: [Google]
image:23771.jpg
172KB, 435x500px
>>8950454
>>
File: image:23770.jpg (49KB, 290x500px) Image search: [Google]
image:23770.jpg
49KB, 290x500px
>>8950455
>>
File: image:23767.jpg (39KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
image:23767.jpg
39KB, 338x450px
>>8950456
>>
File: image:23765.png (127KB, 211x381px) Image search: [Google]
image:23765.png
127KB, 211x381px
>>8950457
>>
I love old school but god, people's shoe choices were so yucky. Im glad we're over the Ling Lam era.
>>
File: baby_op_velour_color.jpg (18KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
baby_op_velour_color.jpg
18KB, 240x320px
>>8950449
>Having any recent purchases?
Not much, I ordered a velour Baby op a while back which is at Buyee's warehouse.
Same goes for some old school bloomers I bought of off y!auctions.
It's by a brand named Antique Doll, can't find anything on this brand though.
Just missed out on koitsukihime op though!
I really wanted to buy that but someone beat me to it.

>What's your oldest item?
I have a velour OP from 2002 by Baby which is probably my oldest mainpiece.
I also own a Meta handbag from 2001.

>What kind if coords are you planning?
At the moment I'm sticking with the coords I made before.
I want some new (old school) additions to my wardrobe to spice it up.

>Who's your old school inspiration/idol?
Models and random street people from magazines like fruits & glb.
>>
>>8950496
It's funny, cause I feel the exact opposite when it comes to shoes.
I hate 98% the new shoes, love the old school ones.
Cute chunky shoes all the way for me!
>>
>>8950451
I want one of those aprons so badly. Would they look horrible on a large bust?
>>
>>8950507
Clunky shoes are the bomb. Stomp all haters with them. I'm dying for a pair of RHS. Can't afford VW though, and refuse BL.

Trying to get more oldschool in my wardrobe, made harder by being a picky goth. I really don't want to go too sweet or classic.
>>
>>8950578
If you're interested anon, I'm selling the pink one
>>
>>8950507
Seconding this! I used a pair of Ling Lam shoes for like, 5 years? After they are dead I changed to a chunky pair of platform mary janes.

Chunky shoes balance all the poof imho, otherwise your feet look too small.
>>
File: tumblr_o4p8hpUErI1rflixyo1_1280.jpg (627KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4p8hpUErI1rflixyo1_1280.jpg
627KB, 667x1000px
I just saw this and I got so happy. It's been ages since I've seen an old school nun lolita
>>
File: f!j-order.jpg (222KB, 529x745px) Image search: [Google]
f!j-order.jpg
222KB, 529x745px
>>8950449
I just went on a bit of a spree and bought three old school dresses for around $110 altogether (not including fees and shipping though).
>>
>>8950795
Oh, I saw that Meta OP in auctions. I would've fought you for it if I could, haha. Beautiful finds, anon!
>>
>>8950590
Clobba is having Lolita Lola ones. They are made from wood and real leather. If you don't want them try to get your hand in a pair of Double Decker ones. I have few sizes too big for me and won't give them away since they are so comfy and nice to walk.
>>
Hah, I was bidding on that Meta OP too, but I cut out pretty early since I had such a huge order already sitting there. FYI, it's from 2000-2001 and is the same one from this shoot, just missing the apron! (if you didn't already know that).
>>
>>8950624
Oh god yes plz. Is it the skirt version or just the apron? I put my email above (giving my old weeb one BC my regular one has my name). Please email me the details. Thanks!
>>
>>8951053
Dropped email
>>
>>8951053
>>8951054
excuse my new faggishness. I don't know how to make it work. My email is [email protected]
>>
>>8951049
Thanks anon! I actually wasn't able to find info on it, but I did figure it was around that age based on the tag.
>>
>>8951312
Yep, I think they discontinued that tag style in early 2002, if I'm not mistaken. I know that by early 2003 it was done away with.
>>
>>8951332
Does anyone have tag styles from other brands? I mean like timeline sort of thing?AP is pretty well known but I have no clue what older Baby tags look like, for example.
>>
>>8951606
I've heard rumors of someone out there having a pretty extensive knowledge of this, but I'm yet to actually confirm their existence, so nothing like that exists as far as I know.

Baby tags have always looked the same, at least for as long as they've done Lolita. Meta has had very few variations, and were pretty much done swapping them out by 2003-3004. AP has changed a bunch and I love that because it lets me pinpoint the exact age of the dress, but other than those three I'm not terribly familiar with them. You can tell how old VM items are by their tags, but I don't know exactly when they started to get fancier and fancier, but the plain text is always the oldest (my 2001-2002 pieces have that plain purple name over black). IW has changed a couple times, but really only in tag color, and I don't think that was an oldschool thing. Other than that most I know haven't changed, but I'm sure many have and I just don't know about it!
>>

I don't think it's very old, is it, but I've just bought that hedge maze dress of Meta's. It's been a dream item of mine for so long because it's so unique.

AP applique skirt from around 2003 I believe but I'm planning to sell it.

>What kind if coords are you planning?
I'm trying to get an old-school coordinate down right now with my blue striped Meta skirt. I have a oldschool Meta white skirt to wear under it, long bloomers, white laced rimmed socks, and a white half-bonnet maxi headdress. My hair looks adorable when "floofed" into an afro style. I need a long sleeved OS blouse, and white RHS. I've been looking for white RHS for a long time now.

>Who's your old school inspiration/idol?
Anyone who wears old school country!!!! Anyone who posts examples of old school country!!
>>
Was sax not a popular colorway?? I swear to Mana, every oldschool piece that comes up on Y!A is either black x white, or pink.. I never seem to see any in sax!

That, or am I just too thick to find any?
>>
>>8952898
To my surprise, I received a 2001 BTSSB item off of Y!J yesterday and it had a different tag! Same tag style, font, etc., but instead of being pink on pink, it was pink on white. I'm super surprised, I had never seen that before. It's on a blouse. I wonder if that was a tag for older items, just for blouses, or because the blouse was white; I'm so curious now.
>>
File: ap_op_shirringprincess.jpg (31KB, 232x313px) Image search: [Google]
ap_op_shirringprincess.jpg
31KB, 232x313px
>>8954625
I have AP Shirring Princess in sax. It's from 2005 and I haven't found a blue to match it. Of course I can coord it with white but still.. maybe that's a reason to their unpopularity? Pic related.
>>
>>8955023
Not old school, but I'm really struggling to find sax accessories anyway. I'm looking for some nice floral headpieces on taobao and they seem to come in every colour but sax.
>>
old school will always be my favourite :3
>>
Anyone know who OP's picture is or where it's from? I really like the outfit and think the photo is adorable.

I'm sorry I have nothing worthy or interesting to contribute right now,
>>
File: sendhelp.png (67KB, 320x280px) Image search: [Google]
sendhelp.png
67KB, 320x280px
>>8951049
>>
>>8955220
OP here. All the girls from the pics I dumbed have quit a long time ago now. Sorry, but I think you have no luck finding more pics of her as social media weren't used back then.
>>
http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/83439

is this old school mainpiece?
>>
>8956372
It's Innocent World's Fontaine jsk from 2007 so I would say yes it can work but it is not an old piece. It's like already post old school but still very beautiful!
>>
What would you say is a good starting spot for buying oldschool? I've been in the fashion for quite a few years now but have never gone out of my way intentionally to to get older pieces and mostly just bought brand from the companies.

I'm specifically interested in things from around when AP was called "Pretty" and some 1999-2002 pieces. Is it mostly just luck? Or are there any Japanese lolitas that are like us and label things by their names properly? Like instead of "Floral Metamorphose OP" they'll label it "Metamorphose Anne of Green Gables OP". Speaking of that, are there Japanese lolitas that try and find old to extremely old lolita pieces, like Pretty pieces that I mentioned?
>>
Are there any taobao shops that sell old school or at least old schoolish pieces? Since bidyline's shipping is fucked up and I can't afford ems to buy from closetchild (well, I also can't afford most clothes there)
>>
>>8957660
>bidyline

bodyline
>>
>>8956943
I have been into lolita about 3-4 years now and in a last year or so my style has starting to finally shape and I just realised I have some old school pieces? So most of my purchases have been lucky, but for my last purchases I searched intentionally older pieces.

I have never seen such old items, my oldest thing is from 2002, so I can't help more than advice to stalk auctions. Mentioning the name of the piece varies: it can be something similar as the dress' name, the actual name or just something descriping the dress. Good luck getting into old school!
>>
>>8956943
>are there any Japanese lolitas that are like us and label things by their names properly? Like instead of "Floral Metamorphose OP" they'll label it "Metamorphose Anne of Green Gables OP".

I find the problem with most old school dress names is that they're generally pretty vague, at least with iw anyway, they're just kinda named based on material + construction, velveteen tiered this, velveteen rose lace that, a lot of it is luck and patience and being aware enough so you'll be able to identify an old school piece automatically when it pops up. I tend to target velveteen pieces and velveteen pretty much only resides in old school.
>>
>>8956943
You'll have to use an SS but definitely Y!auctions and mbok.
And Fril.jp & Mercari might also be worth a look.
99% of my stuff comes from Japanese auctions, most of the time that works out cheaper than th wstern sales comms, especially if you us an SS that lets mark your package down to save on customs fees.
>>
To this day I still absolutely adore (okay I know it's not OLD old-school but it's pre-print craze) princess Skye's sense of style and almost all of her outfits even though I think she's probably a snobby bitch. I like how they are all very simple but cute.
>>
Is there not much to talk about regarding old school, have we talked this conversation to death or is there just so little content?
>>
>>8959445
There really isn't much to talk about regarding old school desu. Old school threads are typically just talk of recently acquired old school pieces, nostalgia related to things like old blog or people once well known in the lolita community, and people looking for coord help or something. Anyway, most old school related topics are, well, old. So we've had plenty of time to talk them to death.

Thinking about this, I've come up with a few questions to add to OP's string to maybe get the thread moving.
>What is it that draws you to old school?
>Do you have a specific favorite old school coord? If so, what is it you like so much about it?
>Do you have an old school "crown jewel" of your wardrobe? If so, why that piece?
>I feel old school has been making a comeback. What do you think?
>>
>>8959557
>What is it that draws you to old school?
For me it's that it is suitable for everyday wear. I like how old school is more simple and toned down. Even I haven't been in lolita in the early days it's somehow a little bit nostalgic and the lifestyle aspect really speaks to me. It just has something that modern lolita don't have. Maybe I'm just tired to all this OTT and con lolitas. I want to see more simple everyday style!

Also, I just love some old school motifs. Knitted berries, lace top socks, gingham, straw minihats, cork and wood soles, soft bonnets.. I think old school is a natural style for me. One thing that is particulary appealing to me is wide, long hems without extreme poof (have to be big still) which Meta particulary made. It's not the oldest old school but those dresses are not new school either. I could go on with this endlessly, shiro/kuro, buttons etc.
>>
File: image:23989.jpg (104KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
image:23989.jpg
104KB, 500x666px
>>
File: image:23993.jpg (93KB, 511x684px) Image search: [Google]
image:23993.jpg
93KB, 511x684px
>>8959635
Just few old school-ish coords.
>>
File: ng4glsKbxj1r3hhlr.jpg (26KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
ng4glsKbxj1r3hhlr.jpg
26KB, 430x600px
I think my favorite old school piece is this OP I have from Cornet. (Pic was taken by the Y!J seller I bought it from.) I wish old school brands like Cornet, Chocochip Cookie, HeartE, etc. were better catalogued on Lolibrary, but I'm not sure if they're even around anymore. I also wish I could know the year of release for this beauty.
>>
File: tumblr_ntq5eqlcTI1sh87fvo1_500.jpg (37KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntq5eqlcTI1sh87fvo1_500.jpg
37KB, 480x480px
>>8959557
>>8959445
For the most part, I personally never get tired of talking about it as long as there's some conversational development and mutual interest, because I really love it that much and I sort of feel like talking about it helps keep it alive or something.

>>What is it that draws you to old school?

- I discovered Lolita around 2008, and people were still wearing older style cords and OTT sweet was just rising, so the older styles is what Lolita is to me and what I fell in love with.

- Sturdier fabrics: cotton VS chiffon for example.

- The outfits and clothes were wearable. Things were simpler. Today's Lolita is like a costume (though it IS gorgeous) and meant for the runway more than the street. Old school is pure, simple Lolita.

- The little details that make the dress: crochet laces, beading lace with ribbons tied into bows through them, pintucks, embroidered/applique details.

- The romantic aspect that was considered by most to be an important part of the subculture back in the day is special to me, because I am a romantic person and identify with that type of thinking. Trying to find beauty in everything. Living a beautiful life that makes you and others happy. I think girls back then were also more concerned about representing the fashion in public, and so were more careful to be polite.

>Do you have a specific favorite old school coord? If so, what is it you like so much about it?
I don't have a favorite, but any pictures of "real" Lolitas that didn't come out of a magazine made my heart beat because it made it "real." I also adore any photos that show Lolita's interacting with the world around them VS mirror shots and posing inorganically for the camera.
>>
File: tumblr_lrdjl96R901qij2iyo1_400.jpg (134KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lrdjl96R901qij2iyo1_400.jpg
134KB, 351x500px
>>8959842

>Do you have an old school "crown jewel" of your wardrobe? If so, why that piece?
My wardrobe is 2007-2009, so it's not "true old school," and I currently don't own any major-name brand, so I don't really have any interesting jewels in the Lolita crown. Maybe one day I will. I'm currently going through a fashion identity crisis, but if I ever get over it and decide Lolita is still for me I'd like to start saving up for a couple real brand and older pieces.

>I feel old school has been making a comeback. What do you think?
More than likely, older Lolitas are wanting to relive the good old days and are nostalgic for the way things used to be. I don't think that many new Lolitas are very interested in learning about the history or wearing old school, but perhaps the simplicity of old school clothes might draw them in. I personally don't think it's making a true comeback at all, and I don't really see much interest in it, but I will be thrilled if it does end up coming back into popular demand.
>>
>>8959852

A couple of favorites things:

One of my favorite trends from old school is lace topped socks. Even if they are unflattering on a lot of people, especially when they are UTK, I still love them. I have an OTK pair that I loved dearly that got ruined and I'm still sad over it and even if I never wear Lolita again I still want some new lace topped socks. They just scream "THIS IS LOLITA" to me.

I love chunky platform shoes as much as I love tea parties. I know tea parties are not considered old school, but I believe they were originally released way back in 2005 which is pretty old. But since they are still worn with modern Lolita I assume that's why they are considered inappropriate for old school.

I really love beading lace with ribbons tired through it. I have no idea why. It's just so perfect and lovely.

I love the subtle poof old school had. It suits me a lot better than the modern big poof does. It also makes Lolita a lot easier to wear, and if you need to skip the petti it usually doesn't look deflated and sad.

Pretty, doll-like bloomers just bearly peeking out from the hem of a skirt or dress is my favorite, and I wish it would come back in style.
>>
>>8959878
Omigosh, are you me? I totally loved all of these elements.
>>
File: T23oieXbNXXXXXXXXX_!!48415403.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
T23oieXbNXXXXXXXXX_!!48415403.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
Kinda sorry for this question. Would these shoes be good choice for old school look?
>>
>>8959852
>I don't think that many new Lolitas are very interested in learning about the history or wearing old school
I think you might be wrong here. I've only been wearing lolita for a little over a year, but a good chunk of my wardrobe is old school. A friend of mine that's been a lolita for about the same time also has some old school pieces. A lot of lolitas I know occasionally wear old school, actually. I don't see it usurping modern lolita style anytime soon, but I do think there is some interest.
>>
>>8960233
Those would definitely work. I need a pair like them for myself desu.
>>
>>8960233
Whilst the amount of straps aren't exactly typical for old school, I think they would look really good with old school gothic. Mana has worn similar looking shoes in his photo shoots etc as far as I remember.
>>
Could you post some coordimation with bonnets? I need some inspiration
>>
>>8959736
holy fuck this is beautiful i have such a great need now

too young to know cornet ;_;
>>
File: image:24120.jpg (26KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
image:24120.jpg
26KB, 360x480px
>>8960977
I don't have anything new but I will dump what I have.
>>
File: image:24118.jpg (47KB, 388x500px) Image search: [Google]
image:24118.jpg
47KB, 388x500px
>>8961010
>>
File: image:24119.jpg (18KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
image:24119.jpg
18KB, 240x320px
>>8961011
>>
File: image:24116.jpg (72KB, 552x916px) Image search: [Google]
image:24116.jpg
72KB, 552x916px
>>8961012
>>
File: image:24114.jpg (792KB, 579x858px) Image search: [Google]
image:24114.jpg
792KB, 579x858px
>>8961013
>>
File: image:24117.jpg (380KB, 800x1335px) Image search: [Google]
image:24117.jpg
380KB, 800x1335px
>>8961014
>>
File: image:24113.jpg (34KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
image:24113.jpg
34KB, 240x320px
>>8961016
>>
File: image:24112.jpg (33KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
image:24112.jpg
33KB, 240x320px
>>8961018
Some of these might actually be hats or are hats but I will include them too.
>>
File: image:24110.jpg (1MB, 1526x2742px) Image search: [Google]
image:24110.jpg
1MB, 1526x2742px
>>8961021
>>
File: image:24109.jpg (105KB, 725x1049px) Image search: [Google]
image:24109.jpg
105KB, 725x1049px
>>8961022
>>
File: image:24106.jpg (37KB, 242x522px) Image search: [Google]
image:24106.jpg
37KB, 242x522px
>>8961023
I have a mighty need to test this with my dog. I wonder if it would help her in spring when her eyes become irritated from the sun and dust.
>>
File: image:24105.jpg (134KB, 582x799px) Image search: [Google]
image:24105.jpg
134KB, 582x799px
>>8961026
Okay I was joking! Pets are not an accessory but I can't help finding them cute with lolita.
>>
File: image:24103.jpg (13KB, 370x392px) Image search: [Google]
image:24103.jpg
13KB, 370x392px
>>8961028
>>
File: image:24097.jpg (51KB, 337x500px) Image search: [Google]
image:24097.jpg
51KB, 337x500px
>>8961029
>>
File: image:24096.jpg (68KB, 434x624px) Image search: [Google]
image:24096.jpg
68KB, 434x624px
>>8961030
>>
File: image:24094.jpg (141KB, 453x750px) Image search: [Google]
image:24094.jpg
141KB, 453x750px
>>8961033
>>
File: image:24093.jpg (95KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image:24093.jpg
95KB, 500x667px
>>8961035
>>
File: image:24092.jpg (118KB, 696x960px) Image search: [Google]
image:24092.jpg
118KB, 696x960px
>>8961036
>>
File: image:24090.jpg (265KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image:24090.jpg
265KB, 500x667px
>>8961037
>>
File: image:24098.jpg (96KB, 651x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image:24098.jpg
96KB, 651x1024px
>>8961042
I think this is all what haven't been posted in every thread or is really useful plus the page won't work properly so I have to stop. Tell me if you are looking for something more spesific!
>>
>>8961037
This is beautiful!
>>
File: image:24137.jpg (121KB, 376x478px) Image search: [Google]
image:24137.jpg
121KB, 376x478px
As we have discussed old school idols I have to post some Emiru. Atleast for me he has been the reason to get into lolita and his coords are so inspiring even though they aren't strictly lolita.
>>
File: image:24136.jpg (15KB, 398x601px) Image search: [Google]
image:24136.jpg
15KB, 398x601px
>>8961058
Also some more bonnet inspo.
>>
File: image:24135.jpg (39KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
image:24135.jpg
39KB, 604x437px
>>8961060
>>
File: image:24130.jpg (69KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
image:24130.jpg
69KB, 284x400px
>>8961062
>>
File: image:24129.jpg (150KB, 880x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image:24129.jpg
150KB, 880x2000px
>>8961063
>>
File: image:24131.jpg (86KB, 262x500px) Image search: [Google]
image:24131.jpg
86KB, 262x500px
>>8961065
>>
https://world.taobao.com/item/526343752828.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-695154092.36.LZLJsg
>>
https://world.taobao.com/item/526314492920.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-695154092.81.LZLJsg
>>
File: 1445988861960.gif (988KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
1445988861960.gif
988KB, 500x245px
>tfw bought second hand sweet prints to start my wardrobe again
>dreamy dollhouse,jewelry jelly and soft cream
>tfw realize i like old school way more than prints but it's too late now
>a-at least i have an old school sweet skirt and a karami jsk so i don't feel too bad
And i kinda like them really, but i like old school more...what do?
>>
>>8961317
You can like both, anon.
>>
>>8961320
Yeah you're right, but i'm kinda confused on how to wear them in versatile ways without looking OTT
>>
Hi everyone, are antaina RHS as narrow as bodyline ones?
>>
>>8961351
Try oldschooling up your prints. Lace topped socks instead of printed ones, simpler shoes, that kind of stuff. I do it all the time, because like you I love modern prints but if I wear them modernly (with chiffon blouses, printed socks etc) I feel super overdressed.
>>
>>8961460
You're right! Thanks, I should do that.
Same here,printed socks are nice but with non print dresses, else i think it just looks "too much". For the blouses it depends which one though? Bt chiffon is definitely new trend. I like simple frilly blouses without a ton of lace and ribbons everywhere and a cardigan or a cutsew is always good
>>
btssb elisabeth op in blackxwhite is up on yahoo auctions ID: g175129403

Someone buy this sucker and make it glorious.
>>
>>8959852
>going through a fashion identity crisis
Ugh same.
>>
>>8961589
>>8959852
Can you gulls elaborate on your fashion identity crisis, maybe we can help? I'm just curious to know what it's like, I've had the same thing, just with my personal art style.
>>
Ok gulls, do any of you have any suggestions for a good place to get a pair of black RHS that isn't crazy expensive? I'd really like them for a simple oldschool coord I'm doing. I dont think bodyline has restocked in larger sizes yet. I need them in 25cm/ EU 40
>>
>>8961673
I don't know about elsewhere but mylolitadress has RHS in larger sizes at reasonable prices: http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=rocking+horse
>>
>>8961639
Aw that's super sweet anon but it would not be thread related.

For me, i'm turning 21 this year and sometimes i just get really confused about what i should wear/do/...

Sometimes i tell myself "maybe i should just wear otome or something ""mature"" but cute" (by that i hear stuff like kotakoti would wear circa 2011-2012 for example?)
I wear some sweet lolita and also old school lolita.

When i was a 13yo noob i was so excited about lolita and the whole japanese fashion thing. I would make terrible "decora fairy kei" outfits from Claire's and stuff. And even get a sweet lolita Bodyline outfit i cherished. I was so excited and everything was so new and exciting. Then i went into an identity crisis and tried androgyne style,pastel goth,...and went back into lolita last year when i realized how much i missed it

When i was 13 i wasnt free to do really what i want and still am not but i can do more and i even realized some of my 13yo self dreams (having blonde hair "blonde like venus angelic",having a brand name dress,an AP print..) but i feel like i look ridiculous in sweet sometimes now. Yet i just don't feel ready to let go of all my "old dreams"..?

That and also lolita seems so dead...online comms are limited to facebook and the comm in my area is dead (not gonna say my country or people will know who i am). It was popular during 2009-2012 especially but now...I feel like i am arriving when the party is over. During this period i was a little nooblita but everything was so much more exciting.
>>
>>8961673
Depends if you want real wood soles and the shape you want. I found some for 30$ free shipping that are platform shoes with a wood colored sole
>>
>>8961689
>I feel like i am arriving when the party is over
You're only feeling like this because you're getting used to being part of the fashion and it's no longer as magical as it may have been at first. In my opinion, the only FB groups worth following are sales groups and Lolita Updates. There's nothing else of value there in terms of community (apart from maybe smaller local groups). There's a huge presence on instagram, Lacebook is starting to be used more and seems to be proving its worth.

Do you feel in a position to revive your community? My local comm got to the point where we had a meetup where I was the only one that showed up about a year and a half ago, and now we get about 10-15 attendees as standard because I did a huge push to get people coming along and started going to cons more to find lone lolitas.
>>
>>8961696
CONT.
Actually misread your post a little, but the loss of "magic" could just be because you've been exposed to the fashion a lot online and because you've grown older.
>>
I'm a newer lolita, primarily classic and gothic. I first fell in love with the fashion because of oldschool, but now that I'm building a wardrobe, I've found that I just can't wear it. Even at my smallest, I'd have to modify every piece I've ever been interested. Even the thought is repulsive.
>>
>>8961696
Yeah maybe you are right. I am more of a lonelita but i wish i had people near me to share it with sometimes. My only j fash friends are a country away or miles away.
Girls don't seem to like me all that much too. Especially the "famous' ones who havent even accepted my friend request and ignore me. Now they grew out of lolita and barely wear it and they are more into tumblr shit, are friend with a friend of mine that loves to drink and party so i guess they are becoming normies or just dont like awkward girls who don't drink. But i might be paranoid. And i am way too introvert to make a meet myself and nobody (or only the ita and weebs) would show and it would be boring and terrible.
>>
>>8961698
Yeah that's for sure actually. And it's like that for everything but i just wish i could feel this magic forever.
>>
>>8961586
I almost bought that but I had my eyes on something else. It's just too beautiful.
>>
File: 532173831_52a390c6f2_z.jpg (126KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
532173831_52a390c6f2_z.jpg
126KB, 334x500px
>>8961639
I've been going through it for a while now and don't really feel like talking about it, but, to sum up the Lolita-related part of it, the clothing is unpractical and uncomfortable and it keeps me from actually enjoying wearing it. So I've been going back and fourth wondering wether I should keep up with Lolita or not. There's a little more to it than that but that's the relevant part.

>>8961689
>I feel like i am arriving when the party is over
I can relate to how you feel here. For me, modern Lolita style doesn't hold the same magic old school does, even if it is beautiful. They are so different! Of course I happily focus on old school, but it's still a bit sad that what made me love Lolita isn't in anymore. I also really miss the feeling of a solid subculture and the lifestyle. I honestly don't know if I would have gotten into Lolita without it. Maybe it's a bit silly but it does leave you with a bitter feeling.

>>8960313
Oh I didn't mean to imply all newer Lolitas aren't interested, just that, on the whole, there isn't a lot of interest. But it is nice to hear that at least some newer Lolitas are wearing it and interested!

>>8961317
These might help you out:

http://www.parfaitdoll.com/2009/10/kicking-the-fructose-old-school-sweet.html

http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.com/2011/01/bringing-back-old-school.html

>>8961460
This is exactly how I wear Lolita. I prefer non-print pieces but I do love certain prints, and when I wear them I still coordinate them in the old way even if it's a modern style dress.
>>
>>8961043
If anyone finds an old school bonnet like this on auction/sale in Black or BlackxWhite please drop me a line! I keep missing out on them when they crop up. Thanks gulls!
>>
>>8961693
Link?
>>8961680
I've seen those, though when you add shipping they're like $80+
>>
>>8961902
Stalk mbok! There were black few weeks ago and I got pink one.
>>
>>8962274
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to keep an eye out. Had to relearn how to brand specify on Mbok, it's been a while.
>>
>>8962335
Good luck! Atleast the pink one wasn't quite popular as it has been in sale since the beginning of the year. And iI only got it recently.
>>
Master list of places to buy oldschool? I'm trying to check out every place possible !
>>
>>8961902
you are a trip down memory lane
>>
>>8963519
I remember celticfreefall as the one people loved to hate, proper boo hiss at the panto type stuff and one of the most prolific posters on getoffegl
>>
>>8963612
what's a panto
i can't understand a damn thing you're saying
>>
>>8963627
Pantomine, a British Christmas tradition where you go to see a really cheesy childish play with lots of audience participation. Normally based on popular fairytales and with minor celebrities playing parts
>>
It's 2007 so it's not old school era but the outfits are very old school to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1X6qWxjRQ

btw what is the difference between old school and pre-print era?
>>
>>8963691
I consider them both old school personally, just one is the WAY old school and the other is not as old old school. I don't know about how other people categorize it or if there is an official consensus though. I call anything 2007 and below old school, but many people say old school is strictly 2005 and below.
>>
So I bought a pair of rhs from bodyline, and they fit, but they're kinda freaking me out, I feel like I'm going to break my ankle, how do you gulls deal?
>>
>>8963990
You get used to it. Just be very careful on stairs and uneven ground in general. Sometime before you plan on going out, try walking around in them a little bit to practice. It gets easy after a while. No matter what, be careful on stairs especially. You don't want to trip and die, or scuff your shoes.
>>
>>8963612
pretty much, its really weird to see the name again. I know she posts here but still.
>>
>>8963990
I have heard the sole gives up before your ankle so I think you don't have to worry about your ankles. And as other anon said it's so easy when you learn it BUT I still suggest looking for ones made from real wood as they are so much better!
>>
>>8963691
this video gives me so many nostalgia feels as a Dutch lolita.
>>
>>8964405
The real wood ones sound crazy uncomfortable though as I imagine there's not enough proper cushioning, what advantage do they have?
>>
>>8964671
I have Double Decker ones and it's much easier to walk with them. The BL ones are kinda shaky (sorry English is not my first language so I can't find right words) and they feel too soft. I find them quite comfortable actually.
>>
>>8964692
I meant the DD ones are comfortable, sorry!
>>
Sorry for my noob question, but where should I buy lace topped knee socks? Any recommendations?
>>
>>8965041

I like Meta's raschel lace knee socks, they're really fluffy. Sometimes IW has nice ones with cotton lace too.
>>
>>8965041
Well, bodyline has really chaep one. It's quite a solution for a very beginning
>>
>>8962644
I actually managed to snap up a black x white cotton one! Thanks so much for the tip. I always forget to browse Mbok because they have so much less stuff listed than Y!J.
>>8963519
Ha, thanks! Yeah, I've sold a lot of my old collection over the years and now I'm just kind of collecting the old school pieces I used to own/never acquired. The fact that they sell for cheap helps. Many regrets have been had to re-acquire things.
>>8963612
Yeah, I didn't realize this until MUCH later on, and took a long LJ/Lolita hiatus. I still post on FB in a bunch of groups with my actual account, but I'm pretty certain most girls have no idea who I am (100% okay with me on that one).
>>
>>8965041
My favorite it Baby's, because they last a lot longer than anyone else's due to the fact that they include working lace/ribbon garters at the top. Even if the elastic wears out they're still good to go.
>>
>>8964692
It looks like there site is down, what's the best way to acquire them? Or should I try antaina instead?
>>
File: fuckno.jpg (11KB, 211x167px) Image search: [Google]
fuckno.jpg
11KB, 211x167px
>tfw so many old EGL/daily_lolita/LJ blogs pictures and links are dead
i wish i could bring them all back to life
>>
>>8965569
Yes they are not made anymore I just used them as an example. I believe Clobba still has Lolita Lola ones in stock, check there.
>>
File: DSC_1107_2.jpg (236KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1107_2.jpg
236KB, 800x532px
>>8965953
Ugh same. Such a wealth of information and history that's irreplaceable.
>>
File: IMG_9956editsmaller.jpg (146KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9956editsmaller.jpg
146KB, 534x800px
>>8968323
>>
File: DSC_0378.jpg (76KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0378.jpg
76KB, 425x640px
>>8968342
I wish I had something nice to say but I think people are getting sick of romantic old school nostalgia babbling.
>>
>>8968346
If you do have something to say please share it. I don't always contribute but I absolutely love the old school thread, specifically for the discussion. The pictures are lovely of course but reading people's insights and thoughts and opinions and other "babbling" of the sort makes the thread a lot more interesting, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
>>
>>8968385
AYRT
That's actually how I feel too, but lately I've gotten the feeling that it just seems to be irritating everyone. I'm feeling down right now and not in a very Lolita mood, but maybe I'll come back a bit later with something nice to add or say.
>>
File: 2005.jpg (130KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
2005.jpg
130KB, 360x480px
>>8968491
I don't know what my deal is, but I am just not feeling Lolita right now and my usual rose-tinted old school and lifestyle feelings aren't bubbling over like they usually do. So I'm just bumping the thread with an old picture for now.
>>
File: 540.jpg (74KB, 540x759px) Image search: [Google]
540.jpg
74KB, 540x759px
>>8971335
That's okay, anon, it happens.
On another note, I've been wondering for a while now: Are these Maki and Asuka in pic related?
>>
>>8971355
Yes, thats Maki and Asuka
>>
>>8971355
It's Maki but not Asuka, the name on the right says Sabine.
>>
You gulls might find some of the stuff here interesting - a western site dedicated to lolita fashion and visual kei bits and pieces that's been around since 2002: http://www.lerman.biz/asagao/

http://www.lerman.biz/asagao/gothic_lolita/guide.html

A serious freaking blast from the past.
>>
>>8971871
Oh man I completely forgot that site existed, thank you anon!
>>
>>8971871
this recollection of what dedicated shop staff think about gothic lolita is pretty hilarious and seems pretty accurate in terms of what Japanese people tend to think/thought on the whole. In my experience they are far more open and accepting of shades of grey in the fashion than a lot of western communities and certainly more so than the largely rigid category obsessed /cgl/

'What is gothic lolita?
The Really Friendly Moitie Clerk: "Um...hold on..." *runs over to other moitie clerk*
Male Moitie clerk: "Um...I dunno *laughs* I think maybe black and white. The body line's tighter, more elegant."
Moitie Manager: "O_O"
Girl: "I'm gothic lolita because I'm wearing black and white. If I were all black, I would be kurorori."
Girl 2: "It's crosses and spider web prints. Like H. Naoto Blood."
Band promoter: "It's black and white. There's an atmosphere of scary, like don't come near me. Lot of black eye-liner."
Closet Child Clerk: "Kurorori and Gothic lolita...aren't they the same? I guess it depends on how everything is worn together. They use make-up more often too. Their hair should be more shoulder length, cause that's lolita." Are they hiding something, do you think? "Yeah...maybe, yeah. They've got a mysterious feeling."
>>
>>8971889
'...Boz clerk: "It's floatier fabrics, and not a lot of frills and ruffles, but still some. The lace is important, and of course black and white. Maybe there's a scary atmosphere to it."
Innocent World Clerk: "It depends on the brand. Marble, Visible, Moitie...like this [dress] is black, but it has a high waste and a cute feeling, so it's not gothic lolita. But if you wear it with other things, it can be."
Kera Clerk: "It's whatever. Anyone who says they're a gothic lolita can be."
Angelic Pretty Clerk: "No hearts and bows and stuff, that's too cute. Gothic lolitas are more beautiful, and maybe a little scary. Black and white stuff can be gothic lolita, and sometimes red and blue."
H. Naoto clerk: "Huh...*laughs* I dunno, I never thought about that...There's no difference between kurorori and gothic lolita. They're scary sometimes, like a crazy image. Don't touch me, like, or like a horror show. Eh?...I really don't know at all."
Two girls: "They're like demons, black. They like bands, and because they like the bands they dress that way to get closer to their idols."
Lady: "There are really frilly, and that's amaloli, kinda frilly, and that's classic, and then not so frilly, and that's gothic lolita. The ideal gothic lolita is one of those guys from a vis kei band."

Everyone I asked had to think really hard about it, and there's a definite blurring of kurololi and gothic lolita in most people's minds. Again, they're completely different things, but hard to tell apart sometimes just be looking.'
>>
File: 16edb480.jpg (54KB, 259x380px) Image search: [Google]
16edb480.jpg
54KB, 259x380px
I'm the anon who hasn't been feeling very "Lolita," and possibly related to that, I also happen to be one of the anons who is having a fashion identity crisis. I thought re-reading through some old blogs and LJ entries might help me work on the Lolita part of it. It didn't help, but it did make me terrible nostalgic and a bit sad, and rekindled my Lolita fire a little. I miss when things were simpler and everything was new and magical.

It also made me wonder: Is Lolita truly a subculture? This had been brought up possibly in the last thread, and at the time I thought to myself "Well, yes I think so." but the more I think about it, the more I think it's not a subculture. While Lolita has it's own fashion and it's own terminology, I feel like it lacks too much in actually having a united idealism and traditions and other things that make a culture tangible.

I really do feel (but of course I don't truly know and this is just how I feel) that Lolita developed as a subculture and not just a fashion style alone, at least in the western world. I think, that back when the fashion was younger and smaller, the subculture part was possibly a bit bigger and more important than it is now. I do feel as the worldwide community continues to fragment and divide into smaller, local communities, the little bit of culture there is will continue to dissolve.

I admit, I don't like this website and it isn't for me at all, but I've been hanging out for the last couple months because of my fashion identity crisis, since this is the only place I can find active old-school inspiration, which I thought might help. However I also worry it might be hindering me from working things out as well. So perhaps I might not stay around for much longer.

For me, even if I decide Lolita isn't something I can wear anymore, I'll never be able to fully give it up. Lolita is more than "just clothes" to me. Lolita is making my own fairytale. Lolita means hope.
>>
>>8974501
>It also made me wonder: Is Lolita truly a subculture? This had been brought up possibly in the last thread, and at the time I thought to myself "Well, yes I think so." but the more I think about it, the more I think it's not a subculture. While Lolita has it's own fashion and it's own terminology, I feel like it lacks too much in actually having a united idealism and traditions and other things that make a culture tangible.
>I really do feel (but of course I don't truly know and this is just how I feel) that Lolita developed as a subculture and not just a fashion style alone, at least in the western world. I think, that back when the fashion was younger and smaller, the subculture part was possibly a bit bigger and more important than it is now. I do feel as the worldwide community continues to fragment and divide into smaller, local communities, the little bit of culture there is will continue to dissolve.
Lolita is a subculture. But please take a moment to think of where it originated: Japan. Not western society. I feel people often forget this a lot, despite claiming how much lolita ~means~ to them, a lot of the actual JAPANESE subcultural side of things is lost. Japan has always retained their lolita subculture and continues to do so today.
This is not to say that wearing lolita is cultural appropriation, as we have proven that it isn't. However, to completely ignore the fact that lolita has always been a huge subculture in Japan specifically, with its own "united idealism, traditions, and other things" might just be cultural appropriation, as well as western/US-centricism and racism. Do not expect lolita and its ideals and "united community" to cater to you, a westerner.
Hell, just look at Kamikaze Girls. Look at the GLBs. Look at Mana, look at all the current lolita models who still engage in promoting the fashion and their visions of it. Lolita did NOT originate in the western world, and it does not conform to western lolita fashion ideals/ comms.
>>
>>8974524
Of course I know it originated in Japan, but I don't feel comfortable with talking about the Japanese side of things because, to be completely honest, I really do not know much about it. I know the history of the fashion well, but I've never been to Japan and wasn't there when the fashion developed, so I don't have the means to talk about something I genuinely don't know about.

I think you might have misinterpreted what I wrote, especially since you seem aggressive, but thank you for replying and bringing up the point that things are different in Japan.
>>
>>8974533
>but I don't feel comfortable with talking about the Japanese side of things because, to be completely honest, I really do not know much about it.
so you admit you're not acknowleding its influence in Japan and Japan's returned influence on the western lolita world (and, coincidentally, its "subculture" and the lifestyle lolita) and therefore you are erasing Japan's involvement by ignoring it, gotcha.
You can't have one without the other, anon. It just doesn't work that way. You can't say "well I think there's no lolita subculture!" when evidence proves otherwise.
>>
>>8974539
Alright, you misinterpreted what I was trying to say, twice now, and you seem incredibly angry at me and I don't know why. I was just trying to get some conversation going.

Can you please add to the discussion constructively by explaining the subculture in Japan then and how it differs from the west? I am not trying to erase it from existence I just have ZERO experience with the topic so I CAN'T say anything about it.
>>
>I want to become a lolita, you say.
>So become one, I reply.
>What can I do to look like a lolita?
>I have no words with which to reply to this.
>You need a headdress, don’t you? And a pannier.
>Is this coordinate strange?
>Is it not wrong for lolita?
>Why do you want to do lolita?
>Because it’s trendy, because my friends do it…
>If that’s the case, you have no right to wear lolita.
>If you just do what the others do, you will look like a lolita.
>But I want you to think about something.
>Who do you live for?
>You think you want to be yourself, but you are afraid of isolation.
>You yell that you want to be free, but you take comfort in following convention.
>When you are praised for something you don’t even feel comfortable with, are you really satisfied?
>Girls who wear Vivienne Westwood but don’t even know the Sex Pistols.
>Even when wearing a jersey, a princess is a princess.
>My lolita rules are mine alone.
>So you are the only one who can find your own lolita rules.
>My god and your god are different, aren’t they?
>There are angels who wear elegant dresses and play tamborines,
>But there are also angels wearing armor and carrying swords whose job it is to fight.
>I can’t answer your question.
>But there are a lot of hints all around you.
>You just haven’t noticed yet.
>What you feel is right is your answer.
>Sew frills onto the hem of your heart!
>Put a tiara on top of your soul!
>Have pride.
>- Novala Takemoto

>relevant
>>
File: 20070715_28134.jpg (49KB, 310x445px) Image search: [Google]
20070715_28134.jpg
49KB, 310x445px
>>8974550
I don't know if you are >>8974539 or not, but I needed to read that poem apparently, so thank you for the reminder.

>What you feel is right is your answer.
I can't look for inspiration. I need to find it within myself. Hanging around here isn't going to help me with figuring out if Lolita is still for me or wether I need to move on to new things. It's stifling my creativity instead of helping it grow.
>>
>>8961710
I'm sorry, what? You feel slighted that lolitas (who are all in different cities or countries) don't accept your friend request? That's perfectly reasonable of them because they don't know you. In this fashion in particular, lolitas will be careful about who even they "e-friend", which doesn't mean much in terms of actual friendship, but means a lot in terms of who has the ability to circulate photos of them in lolita. Also, e-famous lolitas likely already have a full social circle, and you don't really have much of a chance to be real friends with them unless you socialize with them face-to-face regularly in the same city. Don't take this personally. This is just how socializing and friendships work.

"Girls don't seem to like me very much"

Without additional context, this is kind of a red flag on your social skills. Don't say this whenever you're attempting to make friends. It could be that you're in bumfuck nowhere and your unusual clothes deters rural women from talking to you, but are you not finding the same problem when making male friends?

Please don't turn out to be one of those special snowflakes who say "I get along better with guys b/c they don't have as much drama" and then act distant to girls. (By the way, the answer to that phrase is "Have you ever opened a history textbook?") I had been one of those girls in college and I now cringe hard looking back on it. I got my homework done due to having no friends, but likely turned down many potential friendships without knowing.

How about starting a J-fashion/Japanese culture interest group for women in your local area? One thing I've noticed among anime groups in the US is that they tend to be a little male-heavy in attendance, which is not a bad thing in and of itself, but it can get tiring for women when the viewing selection is heavily fan-service-y in only one direction, or they have to deal with thirsty creeps that don't get kicked out.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>8974580
Honestly, while you're at it, try at least googling on lolita fashion history and reading about all of the influence from Japan there, since it does have tons of continuing and lasting involvement that shaped it as a unique subculture, including the western world's side of things (along with the worldwide community). It's way too expansive and broad of a history to cover here, and general googling might help you understand it as a "subculture" some more. Could even give you some lifestyle ideas or the like, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 240x320px
why did I buy this
>>
>>8975056
why am i kind of jealous
>ngl i eyed it out of intrigue
>>
>>8975056
I love the original Usakuma. There's something about his face that's so friendly and sweet.
>>
>>8975056
ANON CONGRATS
I really wanted to snap it up but already having a new-sakumya I couldn't justify it. Give them a weird but charming name.
>>
>>8975056
I'll take it if you regret your decision.
>>
>>8974539
>rrreeeeee
Anon chill the fuck out. Contrary to popular belief it is possible to express yourself on cgl without being a raging hormonal bitch.
>>
>>8975056
Holy fuck did you really? I'd kill a bitch for this guy!
>>
File: image.jpg (976KB, 2560x1697px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
976KB, 2560x1697px
>>
>>8975510
did you post this in the wrong thread, or is this a "so old school it's actually historical fashion" joke?
>>
When is Novala's novel Emily coming back out? I heard about it once then nothing
>>
File: novala takemoto emily response.png (10KB, 484x233px) Image search: [Google]
novala takemoto emily response.png
10KB, 484x233px
>>8975578
I asked about it and got this reply on March 1st. They said to wait a few months, so possibly this summer.
>>
>>8975592
Would it only be avalible to read online ?I'd love to get an actual physical coptly of the book!
>>
>>8975875
If it is online only I'm just going to print off the pages. I've been burned too many times with online only stuff
>>
>>8975056
Where did you get it?! Leftover from your old school days or a recent purchase?
>>
>>8975924
I found it on lacemarket just doing a random search ^^ I'm really grateful like I almost peed my pants when I saw the posting
>>
>>8975967
There was one up on Y!J this week as well. It went really cheap, I was super surprised. The only other one I saw on auction before that was hella expensive.
>>
>>8975875
It was online only before their publisher shut down, so sadly it would probably still be online only.
>>
File: laces.png (187KB, 513x559px) Image search: [Google]
laces.png
187KB, 513x559px
>>8961586
Is this human size though? It looks like a doll version for some reason... Picture on here is the human size lace.
>>
>>8976008
Nah, it's human size; the lace on that thing is stupidly large.
>>
File: kera_66_2004_maris-001.jpg (954KB, 831x1761px) Image search: [Google]
kera_66_2004_maris-001.jpg
954KB, 831x1761px
Kera 66, 2004. Maris Rocks Advert
>>
File: IMG_20160423_0004.jpg (4MB, 2552x3508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_0004.jpg
4MB, 2552x3508px
>>8976029
Kera 66, from a feature crossing goth, punk and lolita.
>>
File: kera66-002.jpg (2MB, 2000x2749px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-002.jpg
2MB, 2000x2749px
>>8976035
>>
File: kera66-003.jpg (3MB, 2000x2749px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-003.jpg
3MB, 2000x2749px
>>8976037
>>
>>8975974
I'm kind of kicking myself about how much I ended up paying for it with the Canadian dollar being total shit but it's a total dream item and I have no regrets because he's so fluffy
>>
>>8976129
I don't think you paid a terrible price; Usakumyas, no matter what the design, tend to always stay pretty pricey.

>>8976082
I've wanted that American Dream skirt for so long, but I've not seen it for sale in the past couple of years.
>>
File: apvday4.jpg (32KB, 403x479px) Image search: [Google]
apvday4.jpg
32KB, 403x479px
I found this beauty snooping around on 2007 EGL. I think it's interesting because it looks so..modern? The outfit and photo setting look like they could be made in 2016 instead of nine years ago.
>>
Pic related. I'm having trouble with coording it since the lace is that old pattern Meta cotton lace

Probably this Meta OP which is 2000/2001-ish. Next oldest would be my MM Fleur OP which is 2003
>>
>>8976008
didn't that one already sell?
but yeah, it was human size
>>
>>8976008
This is the thing I've always loved about that op, the general cut and accompanying giant lace makes it look like a doll's dress that been put through a enlarge/growth ray.
>>
>>8976129
Please share photos when you get him!
>>
File: creepydollfriend.jpg (37KB, 293x551px) Image search: [Google]
creepydollfriend.jpg
37KB, 293x551px
>>8961042
ughhh

>tfw own that jsk
>tfw 2nd hand, so no matching headbow or bonnet
>tfw style is "outdated" so no chance of twinning this with Midori

Man.

Does anyone know where this bunny is from? I've seen it before, but I can't recall. I almost want to say Putumayo.
>>
>>8976160
I see what you mean, especially with the revival of "classical" btssb pieces being released lately. The photo quality isn't nearly as grainy as in older digital cameras and I noticed that she's wearing matching colored shoes and printed socks as opposed to black shoes with plain, lace topped knee highs.
>>
>>8976303
Putumayo sells rabbits like that, yes. They had them for sale in 2014 at AM.
>>
File: IMG_20160423_0006.jpg (4MB, 2552x3508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_0006.jpg
4MB, 2552x3508px
>>8976082
still the same feature crossing items to different styles. Still kera, still 2004.
>>
File: kera66-007.jpg (3MB, 1992x2696px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-007.jpg
3MB, 1992x2696px
>>8976322
>>
>>8976303
The bunny is from Meta.
>>
File: CVXWjxEUEAAzxvK.jpg (70KB, 600x804px) Image search: [Google]
CVXWjxEUEAAzxvK.jpg
70KB, 600x804px
>>8976303

So the pictured one in the attached photo is the one Putumayo sold/sells (also comes in black) and it looks pretty identical to what is in the photo... but I totally have also seen this attributed to Meta. I'm not sure what the full story with that is.

Source https://twitter.com/_ptmy_nagoya/status/672679645964144640
>>
File: IMG_20160423_0009.jpg (3MB, 2552x3508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_0009.jpg
3MB, 2552x3508px
>>8976324
"goods" type items that Kera thinks lolita would like, 2004
>>
>>8976335
>>8976321

Thanks familia. I wonder how much room is in its pocket. I love brand plush rucksacks, but in spite of not owning the latest iPhone, I can barely fit anything else in one.
>>
>>8976335
>>8976303
I've always wanted one of these rabbits. I love them. Baby's bunny-bear never did anything for me, but this has always struck me as so charming and feels more Lolita.
>>
File: kera66-008-MMM.jpg (3MB, 2000x2749px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-008-MMM.jpg
3MB, 2000x2749px
>>8976342
Goth, but there is some MMM in there
>>
>>8976342
>"my first makeup" compacts
>Candy (1968), essentially: Nabokov's Lolita as a comedy

wow.

She does have a lot of cute clothes in the movie though. I'm kind of curious if anyone, especially the Japanese readers ever took these kinds of suggestions to heart.
>>
File: IMG_20160423_0011.jpg (3MB, 2552x3508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_0011.jpg
3MB, 2552x3508px
>>8976349
more MMM
>>
File: kera66-009-MMM.jpg (3MB, 2000x2859px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-009-MMM.jpg
3MB, 2000x2859px
>>8976357
More MMM (and other goth/punk brands, of course)
>>
File: IMG_20160423_0013.jpg (3MB, 2552x3508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_0013.jpg
3MB, 2552x3508px
>>8976353
I skipped the punk one, but I can go back and scan it for giggles. Here is the goth one.
>>
File: IMG_20160423_0014.jpg (3MB, 2552x3508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_0014.jpg
3MB, 2552x3508px
>>8976379
Punk
>>
File: kera66-0014.jpg (3MB, 2000x2825px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-0014.jpg
3MB, 2000x2825px
>>8976385
I haven't the foggiest what this is supposed to be, but I felt the need to share it because everyone needs to see this crotch tulle.
>>
File: IMG_20160423_0018.jpg (4MB, 2552x3508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_0018.jpg
4MB, 2552x3508px
>>8976393
The other half of that spread, featuring something vaguely lolita
>>
File: kera66-0015-ETC.jpg (2MB, 2420x1832px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-0015-ETC.jpg
2MB, 2420x1832px
>>8976395
ETC Otome looks
>>
>>8976379
>Body pillow of a holy figure: check
>>
File: kera66-0016.jpg (4MB, 2000x2765px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-0016.jpg
4MB, 2000x2765px
>>8976398
some sort of event with AP, atepie, putu and carina e aelequin
>>
>>8976399
I think it says something about immaculate conception too.
>>8976442
AP from event
>>
File: kera66-0017-ap.jpg (403KB, 521x1209px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-0017-ap.jpg
403KB, 521x1209px
>>8976443
>>
File: kera66-0018.jpg (87KB, 233x533px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-0018.jpg
87KB, 233x533px
>>8976445
>>
File: kera66-2004-0019.jpg (126KB, 387x595px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0019.jpg
126KB, 387x595px
>>8976447
>>
File: kera66-2004-0020.jpg (219KB, 449x751px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0020.jpg
219KB, 449x751px
>>8976449
...wtf, why was a lawnmower a "car"?
>>
File: kera66-2004-0021.jpg (150KB, 347x611px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0021.jpg
150KB, 347x611px
>>8976451
>>
File: kera66-2004-0022.jpg (117KB, 367x561px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0022.jpg
117KB, 367x561px
>>8976452
Candy
>>
File: kera66-2004-0023.jpg (137KB, 361x573px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0023.jpg
137KB, 361x573px
>>8976461
>>
File: kera66-2004-0024.jpg (271KB, 707x591px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0024.jpg
271KB, 707x591px
>>8976462
>>
File: kera66-2004-0025-atepie.jpg (448KB, 597x1321px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0025-atepie.jpg
448KB, 597x1321px
>>8976464
>>
File: kera66-2004-0025-ega-boys.jpg (136KB, 369x573px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0025-ega-boys.jpg
136KB, 369x573px
>>8976465
>>
File: kera66-2004-0026.jpg (311KB, 771x699px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0026.jpg
311KB, 771x699px
>>8976471
>>
File: kera66-2004-0027.jpg (174KB, 461x563px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0027.jpg
174KB, 461x563px
>>8976473
>>
File: kera66-2004-0028.jpg (166KB, 359x777px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0028.jpg
166KB, 359x777px
>>8976486
>>
File: kera66-2004-0029.jpg (206KB, 447x713px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0029.jpg
206KB, 447x713px
>>8976491
>>
File: kera66-2004-0030.jpg (205KB, 467x655px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0030.jpg
205KB, 467x655px
>>8976494
>>
File: kera66-2004-0031.jpg (449KB, 493x1429px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0031.jpg
449KB, 493x1429px
>>8976498
>>
>>8950749
I love that dress
>>
File: kera66-2004-0032.jpg (147KB, 377x621px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0032.jpg
147KB, 377x621px
>>8976501
Punky-sort of look, probably putu?
>>
File: kera66-2004-0033.jpg (156KB, 377x757px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0033.jpg
156KB, 377x757px
>>8976503
A wild Brolita
>>
File: kera66-2004-0034.jpg (393KB, 444x1416px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0034.jpg
393KB, 444x1416px
>>8976505
More punk, again probably putu
>>
File: kera66-2004-0035.jpg (220KB, 393x877px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0035.jpg
220KB, 393x877px
>>8976506
>>
File: kera66-2004-0036.jpg (1023KB, 1061x1677px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0036.jpg
1023KB, 1061x1677px
>>8976509
Split hair in a streetsnap in 2004!
>>
File: IMG_20160423_0027.jpg (4MB, 2552x3508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_0027.jpg
4MB, 2552x3508px
>>8976513
ETC in a street snap
>>
File: kera66-2004-0037baby.jpg (138KB, 541x693px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0037baby.jpg
138KB, 541x693px
>>8976519
Baby JSK, 2004
>>
File: kera66-2004-0038-etc.jpg (3MB, 2000x2749px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0038-etc.jpg
3MB, 2000x2749px
>>8976523
ETC otome outfit + an ETC tote in the upper right.
>>
File: kera66-2004-0039-baby.jpg (626KB, 689x1769px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0039-baby.jpg
626KB, 689x1769px
>>8976530
Baby
>>
>>8976160
>photo setting

2007 wasn't 100 years ago, anon
>>
File: kera66-2004-0040-meta.jpg (589KB, 857x1155px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0040-meta.jpg
589KB, 857x1155px
>>8976540
Meta
>>
>>8968346
That picture really doesn't belong here
>>
File: kera66-2004-0041-baby.jpg (416KB, 605x1293px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0041-baby.jpg
416KB, 605x1293px
>>8976542
Baby
>>
File: kera66-2004-0042-IW.jpg (409KB, 681x1273px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0042-IW.jpg
409KB, 681x1273px
>>8976557
IW
>>
File: kera66-2004-0043-boz.jpg (308KB, 725x1097px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0043-boz.jpg
308KB, 725x1097px
>>8976558
Boz
>>
File: kera66-2004-0044-meta.jpg (417KB, 793x1157px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0044-meta.jpg
417KB, 793x1157px
>>8976560
Meta
>>
File: kera66-2004-0045-IW.jpg (563KB, 785x1213px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0045-IW.jpg
563KB, 785x1213px
>>8976568
IW
>>
>>8976366
>coording Moitie's cage skirt with a t-shirt
>not even tying the headdress on

Disgraceful.
>>
File: kera66-2004-0046-boz.jpg (548KB, 877x1181px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0046-boz.jpg
548KB, 877x1181px
>>8976570
boz
>>
File: kera66-2004-0047-boz.jpg (374KB, 867x977px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0047-boz.jpg
374KB, 867x977px
>>8976571

I can't read Japanese and I didn't take the time to try to translate it, but looking at it more, I think I was wrong. I don't think it's a section about mixing lolita, goth and punk, I think it's a section on mixing lolita, goth and punk... with everyday clothes. Like a lolita a la mode kind of idea? That would explain why the gothic coords are SO boring. Like, even in 2004, Japan could do goth.

(this is boz in the photo)
>>
File: kera66-2004-0048-tiny.jpg (125KB, 557x315px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0048-tiny.jpg
125KB, 557x315px
>>8976575
baby little lolitas
>>
File: kera66-2004-0049-baby.jpg (117KB, 423x479px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0049-baby.jpg
117KB, 423x479px
>>8976580
>>
File: kera66-2004-0051.jpg (105KB, 381x393px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0051.jpg
105KB, 381x393px
>>8976581
>>
File: kera66-2004-0052.jpg (319KB, 723x693px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0052.jpg
319KB, 723x693px
>>8976584
>>
>>8976571
I, oddly like it? It's more than a tshirt, there's a nice colour scheme happening with the neutrals and punches of colour with the tights included, it's not strictly within the bounds of lolita but somehow it works. On the other hand the two to the left feel like a total trainwreck.
>>
>>8976793
It doesn't work at all. Maybe with a Meta or AP skirt, but not Moitie.
>>
>>8976366
I think the reason why A La Mode never took off is because it's so far from what lolita tries to be.

None of these look right and I'd never even guess anything here was lolita at first glance. Everything here tends to weigh down the beauty and elegance put into the fabrics. You could say it cheapens every piece here.

Weird geometric sweaters, pop print tops, sexy fishnets with neon lacing shoes. None of the items even remotely fit with lolita and almost purposefully directly clash with it.

I think if A La Mode were a more toned down casual lolita style, people would gravitate to it much more and it could start a new sub-fashion in lolita. People have wanted a less rule strict fashion with lolita pieces for years, but none of these seem to hit the mark. Too normie for lolitas, but probably too expensive and lost on normies for them to ever attempt mixing lolita pieces.
>>
>>8976826

I think the idea was to show people who wore lolita or punk or goth how to wear their pieces in normal fashion more than like "how to add this super expensive piece to your wardrobe when you aren't a lolita".

Also, keep in mind, this IS from 2004. The normal street fashion of the time was pretty different from what it is today.

Either way, most of these are not looks I'd try, for sure, but it's interesting from a historic perspective.
>>
File: Meta-2004-advert.jpg (2MB, 2929x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Meta-2004-advert.jpg
2MB, 2929x2000px
Scanner driver crashed and I'm being lazy about rebooting, so here is some stuff I recovered from my old computer, scanned with the scanner that went bad like a week after I got it.

This was given to meta customers to show up coming items in 2004
>>
File: Meta-2004-advert-002.jpg (2MB, 2853x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Meta-2004-advert-002.jpg
2MB, 2853x2000px
>>8977138
>>
File: top-1122winter14.jpg (64KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
top-1122winter14.jpg
64KB, 300x400px
>>8977138
I always liked that collection.
Takes me back, cause that was from around the time when I "discovered" Lolita. Started wearing it a year later.
>>
File: Meta-2004-advert-003.jpg (2MB, 2853x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Meta-2004-advert-003.jpg
2MB, 2853x2000px
>>8977138
>>
File: Meta-2004-advert-004.jpg (2MB, 2844x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Meta-2004-advert-004.jpg
2MB, 2844x2000px
>>8977186
>>
File: 19981206-02.jpg (49KB, 312x256px) Image search: [Google]
19981206-02.jpg
49KB, 312x256px
Marchen Merry, circa 1998
>>
File: 19981206-03.jpg (24KB, 229x338px) Image search: [Google]
19981206-03.jpg
24KB, 229x338px
>>8977203
1998, Marchen Merry
>>
File: 19981206-04.jpg (33KB, 329x231px) Image search: [Google]
19981206-04.jpg
33KB, 329x231px
>>8977206
>>
File: 19981206-05.jpg (31KB, 329x231px) Image search: [Google]
19981206-05.jpg
31KB, 329x231px
>>8977208
>>
File: 20010324-04.jpg (32KB, 318x245px) Image search: [Google]
20010324-04.jpg
32KB, 318x245px
Marchen Merry 2001
>>
>>8977229
From the Marchen Merry website, not sure the date.
>>
>>8977238
>>
>>8977239
>>
>>8977249
>>
File: kera66-2004-0055.jpg (4MB, 2000x2823px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0055.jpg
4MB, 2000x2823px
Some super old school platforms from Kera 66, 2004
>>
File: kera66-2004-0053.jpg (193KB, 421x707px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0053.jpg
193KB, 421x707px
>>8977333
Sadly they printed this off the edge of the paper.
>>
File: kera66-2004-0056-fanart.jpg (211KB, 501x649px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0056-fanart.jpg
211KB, 501x649px
>>8977333
Old kera fanart, issue 66, 2004
>>
File: kera66-2004-0057.jpg (659KB, 1129x1077px) Image search: [Google]
kera66-2004-0057.jpg
659KB, 1129x1077px
>>8977339
streetsnap, kera 66, 2004
>>
File: IMG_20160424_0012.jpg (4MB, 2552x3508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160424_0012.jpg
4MB, 2552x3508px
>>8977342
wig advert, back cover, kera 66
>>
File: 2fbf64.jpg (282KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
2fbf64.jpg
282KB, 495x600px
I apologize if I was bidding against a gull on this this morning, but I won this OP today and am extremely excited for it. However, I haven't the slightest clue how old it is, what collection it's from, etc., but I really loved how it reminded me of that infamous AP velveteen cross OP that everyone wants.

Does anyone know what this could be? An age, publication it was in, coords, etc.? I've done all of the searching I could and am at a bit of a loss over it.
>>
>>8977928
Damn anon, if I knew how high your bid was placed I wouldn't have pushed the auction price so far, sorry. But it's a really beautiful dress, so congrats! I tried to look for the year in old GLBs but had no luck either.
>>
>>8976541
No, but most pictures from that era were more...natural? While this one seems more photoshoot-ish. Like pictures in a forest versus this one in a nice room. Apologies if I made zero sense, English is not my first language.
>>
>>8978157
It's okay! Honestly I don't think the auction ended super high; my max was like $5 away from the end price, so I'm sorry as well. I just checked everywhere I could on the Wayback machine and couldn't find anything, but I don't really think it's pre-website (probably from around 2001-2004), so I'm wondering how much of their stuff just never made it on to the website.

In other news, I'm also wondering about this jsk. A LM listing mentioned that only 20 of each colorway were made and I tried to confirm that but all I found was a Y!J listing that said the same thing (I'm wondering if that's where the LM listing got that info from). Can anyone confirm this? I'm wondering which publications it's in and if that's where that info is, because it wasn't on baby's website at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 240x320px
>>8978520
Oops, dropped pic like a ding dong.
>>
File: 2rr71ck.jpg (12KB, 357x283px) Image search: [Google]
2rr71ck.jpg
12KB, 357x283px
Back when heart buckle shoes were everywhere, I hated them. I thought they looked ugly. Now that I haven't seen anyone wear them in years, I've suddenly fallen in love with them. I guess my sense of style changed. Makes me worry that suddenly I'll loose interest in Lolita or something though.
>>
>>8974501
About the active old school related topics or even lolita lifestyle comms are pretty dead, there is a FB group about old school, not much updated. I really want a forum or a FB group to talk about lolita subculture, as goths have their subculture comms online.
>>
File: 472946601.3.jpg (33KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
472946601.3.jpg
33KB, 480x640px
>>8977928
So, I can tell you It's Baby and it's old (duh)
Also, it came in red: http://www.mbok.jp/item/item_472946601.html
>>
File: card_3.gif (18KB, 166x242px) Image search: [Google]
card_3.gif
18KB, 166x242px
>>8977928
This post card was on their site back in June 2002
>>
File: 2000_Fruits Issue 39_Page_05.jpg (156KB, 1435x1004px) Image search: [Google]
2000_Fruits Issue 39_Page_05.jpg
156KB, 1435x1004px
>>8979197
bigger version from scans of Fruits issue 39, circa 2000
>>
File: 1-5.jpg (43KB, 251x400px) Image search: [Google]
1-5.jpg
43KB, 251x400px
>>8979221

This is from http://www.geocities.jp/poketed_watch/1-5.htm

and I think the dress might be the pink dress in the illustration.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any dates on this geocities page.
>>
File: top000.jpg (30KB, 350x401px) Image search: [Google]
top000.jpg
30KB, 350x401px
I have 400+ tabs open and I'm farther down the ancient lolita site rabbit holes in the wayback machine than any sane person would need to be but I can find nothing about that Baby cross dress.

I found some ancient IW and VM though?
>>
>>8979125
>http://www.mbok.jp/item/item_472946601.html
Damn, did that auction really end today? I'm sad I missed it if it did, that red is gorgeous. However, it doesn't look like it's velveteen like the black one? I wish their photos were clearer so I could tell. I think it's probably safe to assume that from the illustrations it's 2000-2002, which would make sense then that it wasn't actually on the website if it really was a 2000-2001 piece; could have just been from before they had a website, which is pretty cool.
>>
>>8979380
RD you are a gem and a mine of information
>>
>>8979389
Yeah, I've been bouncing around kera, flasco, etc trying to find someone who stocked baby back then and might have listed it, but I'm just coming up empty handed.

Here are some cool old things:
Blanche Neige (old brand): https://web.archive.org/web/20030412054644/http://blanche-neige.jp/bn-catalog.htm

Potsu: https://web.archive.org/web/20030625062040/http://www.potosu.com/potosu/
>>
File: victori.gif (28KB, 233x232px) Image search: [Google]
victori.gif
28KB, 233x232px
More VM from around 2000
>>
File: boz1.jpg (121KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
boz1.jpg
121KB, 300x400px
>>8979459
Boz
>>
File: boz3.jpg (120KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
boz3.jpg
120KB, 400x301px
>>8979464
>>
>>8978520
>>8978522
i was curious myself. i searched egl and found this:
http://egl.livejournal.com/10621308.html
apparently closet child has also claimed "only 20 [of each colorway] were made". i'd take their word as truth over a random yahoo japan seller desu, since they are a store
>>
>>8978157
>>8977928
Sometimes I wish I knew if I was bidding against other oldschool gulls. This is my only fear in JP auctions.
>>
>>8978560
They're so comfortable. I always get shit for wearing mine with old school, pretty funny actually. I should wear "chunkier shoes" is the consensus. Can't help it, they're really comfortable and wearable. I think people have a selective image of old school that excludes a lot of the trends during the time. But, damn, I've lived it don't tell me they're not old school.
>>
>>8979684
That's ridiculous. People are so set on the stereotypical image of old school, they forget there are plenty of things that are old school that don't fit their narrow idea of what it is.
>>
>>8979684
Ah I'd love a pair of them but I don't see that happened anytime soon. Antaina makes a high heel version but I want a flat platform like the originals were.
>>
I have a baby dress from 2003 and the lace is yellowing and I was wondering if there is anyway to make it look like new again. Anyone try and get rid of yellowing before?
>>
>>8979684
I had a pair of them once and they were so cute. Sadly, they broke and wouldn't stay glued so I had to get rid of them. Baby's shoes are shit quality.
>>
>>8979846
Antaina does custom. You can ask for a flat version, or just show a picture, and they will make them for you.
>>
>>8980048
I had no idea, that's great to know actually! Maybe I'll get a pair of them one day after all. Is it more expensive to do that? I've never bought from Antaina before or seen/wore their shoes so I have no idea what their quality is like either.
>>
Kind of related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dp393BrhGY

>>8978520
Ah good, I'm sure you'll rock that OP!
They had a physical shop around that time, didn't they? Maybe they only sold a handful of dresses on their website. At least I heard that meta had some instore only releases around 2002.

>>8979221
>>8979417
I have to agree, thank you so much
>>
>>8979114
I'm so sad about the Oldschool group on FB, there was a lot of potential for lifestyle and actual discussion, but it just turned into the creator and one or two others posting coords and really nothing else.
>>
>>8975056
I want to hunt it now...so jealous.
But if I got it I'd feel like I'm cheating on my actual usakumya.
>>
>>8978560
These were my dream shoes for years, but when I finally got a pair, they broke after one wear. Got them mended after the entire sole wedge came apart on both shoes, and they broke again on the next wear. I know it wasn't the cobbler because they've fixed shoes before that have lasted years.
Turns out that the shoe is made in such a way that as you walk, the non-wedge, upper part of the shoe is so flimsy that it bends enough that it eventually starts to crack away from the wedge, resulting in me, on wearing the shoes, having to run into a shop to buy a cheap pair of flats to wear home and bring my dream shoes home unceremoniously in a shopping bag.

I hate replicas, but I wonder if the knock-offs are better made? I probably wouldn't get them at this point since I'm still really upset about it, but I'm curious.
>>
>>8979221
Do you have any non lolita scans of old fruits? I love seeing older Harajuku fashion.
>>
>>8980368
>>8979961
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I would be devastated if that was me. It's a shame they are so cheap, considering their price.
Maybe I ought to avoid those shoes after all.
>>
>>8980248
I asked for custom RHS once, which cost me $48, compared to $45 for their regular RHS. So custom might be slightly more expensive, depending on what design you use.

One thing you need to do if you order from them is to pester them for the tracking number. They forgot to give me mine, which led to failed delivery attempts and having to pick up my package at the post office.
>>
>>8979434
Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it, especially now that I have a better idea of when this dress came from.
>>
>>8980388
I have scans of issues 1-50 that I picked up somewhere along the line for research / educational purposes. I can't remember where I got them from, but it's more than I can just post here or upload somewhere easily.

also it won't let me post photos anymore...
>>
>>8980360
I'm joined to the group but it's just something about fb's nature of not having a neutral semi-anonymous avatar that doesn't reveal too much that I find very off putting, it's history that is there "forever" attached to my name, makes me uncomfortable.
>>
>>8980360
Creator here, I'm a bit disappointed with the group too. When I started it, I imagined lots of discussion and insight to what the fashion used to be like, everyone sharing lots of their coords, and connecting with other big fans of the style, but it seems more like lots of people who have no idea about old school have joined, and nobody is talking.
I'd love it if some veteran lolitas posted more nostalgia, I can't really do that since I only joined the fashion in 2012. I have just made a post trying to start a discussion, I hope people join in! Does anyone have any ideas for discussions I could start?
>>
>>8979114
>>8980360
>>8981146
I don't have a Facebook, but that's sad to hear. :(

>>8981032
Facebook's privacy stuff is sort of awful.
>>
>>8981146
I realised that early too. I think old school is kinda trendy now and some people want to profit from it but don't really know enough of it. I'm not a master myself but it takes a lot of time to get the right feel to it. Many people in that group don't have it nor they are looking to find it..
>>
>>8981146
I think more discussion posts are a good idea, let's try to make them a fairly regular thing.

I was puzzled by clueless people joining though. For example, that girl recently who said she didn't know what oldschool was but had joined the group anyway? I don't understand why you'd join a group for something without knowing what it was.
>>
>>8981146
I'm the same, I didn't get really into lolita until late 2012 and I didn't start wearing it until 2014. I know there are other people out there that wear old school but aren't in the group or don't post their coordinates there for whatever reason. I do think you missed a trick when you created the group if you wanted veterans to join - you should have publicised the group more on places like Livejournal, Tumblr and other Facebook groups if you wanted people from beyond cgl to join.

>>8982748
I don't think people are joining the group because they want to profit, but it definitely has become trendy, and the popular perception of what is and is not oldschool is not always accurate. I'm always surprised when I post even weakish coords to CoF and they blow up because "zomg black and white!!" but if I post oldschool in other colour palettes it gets nowhere near as much attention. I also cringe at the concrit I sometimes see on CoF from people who think that because lace-topped socks and black and white shoes/bags were very popular in oldschool, they must be the only legwear and colours allowed.
>>
>>8979846
Try here:

https://world.taobao.com/item/520027618395.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-12678018504.109.GjF7Ts&scene=taobao_shop
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 151

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.