[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yet again a larp thread after the previous one is in autosage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 89

yet again a larp thread after the previous one is in autosage
>>8927832

Now with 110% more nostalgy
>>
Is that Peter Pan fighting a Pirate? Nice.

Does anybody know if there are any permanent LARP settlements anywhere? I mean there must be some group out there that have bought some land and are LARPing together as a closed community of some kind? It can't be a cult though!
>>
>>8947110
>peter pan
>>
>>8947110
no. It's Peter Pan fighting Robin Hood.
And no, there are no such things as a permanent LARP settlements where there are 24/7 larping. There are permanent larp settlements though that are sometimes used, or reenactor villages and such.
>>
File: IMG_2698.jpg (2MB, 3648x5472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2698.jpg
2MB, 3648x5472px
>>8947110
>>8947123
We had various guesses about who we're cosplaying as from the less educated con-goers. Blackbeard and Robin Hood were the two most interesting guesses I got, while HLF was guessed as the one-eyed Ottoman captain from a hungarian historic novel (which is mandatory reading in elementary school, and was later made into a novel).

Here is a better shot of my new gear for a larp character later this year, built it almost from scratch during the course of two weeks.
>>
File: 133360_800x600[1].jpg (87KB, 800x327px) Image search: [Google]
133360_800x600[1].jpg
87KB, 800x327px
>>8947140
>(which is mandatory reading in elementary school, and was later made into a novel).
don't forget that there is a movie about it too.
>>
>>8947148
I was trying to say that but I derped out at the "and was later made into" part and wrote novel instead of movie.
>>
This week end in france was glorious... Do you mind if i put some reenacment?

Crisolles
>>
haut-koenigsbourg
>>
>>8947270
go for it, people already discussing HEMA and SCA in these threads and I rather see some good reenactment photos
>>
crisolles again
>>
Ok then ...
>>
I wasn't at Haut koenigsbourg, but the photos are awesome.
>>
>>
how do you actually attach feathers to your hat, robin hood style, and not have them fall out as soon as you do a skip and a run?
>>
Meanwhile, at crisolles, we were with several english, belgium, french, italians companies...
>>
>>8947301
Usually, feathers are stitched.
>>
>>
>>8947309
in that case, anyone know how? I assume you make small holes in the feather...stalk... and justsew that shit real thight then?
>>
>>8947301
sew to the hat. Or there are little hole in the hat and you have a hatpin, or something. There are various ways
>>
>>8947314
Piercing a feather is not difficult with a needle. Where is the problem? Hats are made with wool.
>>
>>8947314
or you just saw it around, doesn't necessary need holes in the feather thingy. As I said various ways to go with it.
>>
>>
drop your pants
>>
>>8947406
that looks unpractical for peeing

>tfw couldn't pee when in full combat gear back in the day with the 6 L water per day requirement
>>
>>8947413
depends on how you define "full combat gear".
Maybe full plate, but it's not so hard to get your dick out of your hose-and-braies
>>
File: 1429124721739.jpg (758KB, 1813x2526px) Image search: [Google]
1429124721739.jpg
758KB, 1813x2526px
>>8947413
>tfw couldn't pee when in full combat gear back in the day with the 6 L water per day requirement
Somehow I think the people who actually wore those could manage it.
>>
>>8947413
I'm pretty sure you could pee in full combat gear. There will be consequences though, depending on how much effort you put in it.
But it's pretty much possible to even shit in half plate, although I admit I took down the gauntlets
>>
>>8947417
>depends on how you define "full combat gear".
Basic army training combat gear.

Recruits don't get the modern protection systems so we had to deal with 30 year old flak jackets, protecting your nuts from fragmentation is great but these old body armors were not designed with the intention of having modern molle belts that weigh 8kg resting over the "crotch plate" (I know its not plate, its a piece of kevlar but this part of the flak jacket does not have a official name). So you basically had to angle up your molle belt with all of its ammo and gear on it so that you could flip up the crotch plate and then start fidling with your junk which you cant see at this point. And then there is the part of balancing your use of arms since you need at least one arm for holding up your gear and you sort of also need one arm to keep your pants from falling down since they are weighed down by a lot of gear as well. The only way to make this work is by only unzipping your pants and letting willy loose, and if you are paranoid about getting something previous caught in the zipper like me its not a good option, especially when the high ventilation issued underwear has a tendency of dropping things out randomly.

Combine all that with the mandatory 6 liters of water minimum you had to drink per field day.

>>8947660
>But it's pretty much possible to even shit in half plate, although I admit I took down the gauntlets

I admit I am a bit amazed that you did that,
but do remind me to not buy anything used from you thankyouverymuch.
>>
>>8947696
I might be bad at english but I'm pretty sure that there is a difference between shit in halfplate and shit into halfplate.
Or are you amazed by the fact that I can poop?
>>
>>8947720
nah its more about the fact that you decided to take a shit while wearing your gear, the few larp events I've been to all had porta shitters and this one time some punks decided to flip one when they saw some guy they disliked going in to one.

I have some mild paranoia in cased you missed that >>8947696
>>
>>8947752
I even brought my sword and adagger in there. The only reason I didn't brought my halberd in there is because it didn't fit in, so I left it outside.
That was in drachenfest, blue camp, two years ago. And I had to leave fast when I heard that there is yet another siege going on at our gates.

But even at other games I bring weapons to the toilets or the places where I piss or take a shit if it's a forest. You can never be too sure.
Although there is an unwritten rule in hungary that nobody should attack anyone who is taking a dump because he will kill you with a shovel and he already dug a hole.

But back to shitting in half plate.
The plate isn't much of a problem. I had a falling buffe on it as face protection that means I couldn't see anything under my belt line, but I got used to that.
The real problem is period clothing. Pissing is easy in that you just slide it away the codpiece or something, not a problem. But the hose is basically tied in several different points to your doublet. Now THAT'S a problem. If you don't have plate on it's easier to slide out of your doublet and push it down with your hose too.
Anyway it's not comfortable but doable.
>>
File: DHL.png (29KB, 699x295px) Image search: [Google]
DHL.png
29KB, 699x295px
Ordered two packages from Germany, received one of them today but the other one is still looping around the parcel center in Hamburg for some reason.

I do however feel bad for the DHL guys who got to handle the first package since it had three chain mails in it. It was basically just a box full of metal and nothing else.

>>8947776
>Anyway it's not comfortable but doable
Noted

My main event fortunately has official rules against ambushing people at the shitters but that doesn't stop them from doing stuff outside of the larp.
>>
>>8947885
here it's not really a rule but survival instinct as I said. Plus let's face it: it will be the low point of every would be assassin's career if the elf prince pees on him regardless if he is murdered afterwards or not.

But going to and coming from the shitter is fair game. Kind of. Depends on situation. Personally I always bring weapons with me and if there is an actual toilet I open the doors tactically. You can never be sure.

On a kind of similar principle, I sleep with an axe,
>>
Has anyone seen Gropes lately? I got some SCA questions. Anyone got an email for him?
>>
File: winternow.jpg (149KB, 710x960px) Image search: [Google]
winternow.jpg
149KB, 710x960px
>>8948048
Legends says that if you ask a question about period shoes or armor thickness he will appear.

There is a event at bico this weekend, migth play a Npc for the Elf Hunt at the begining of the tavern nigth. but i'm not totally sure yet.

(Will i look like an old man if i say that it migth depend on the weather because i dont want to get cold and would prefer to be comfy pomfey lovely dovey inside where its warm)
>>
>>8947270
Were scales on scalemail really that big? I always envisioned them smaller, like 5x3 cm or something.

On another note, I finished my own gambeson and gambeson trousers, now on to a brigandine.

Does anyone know about good guides? Armour archive has patterns, but no essays aside from the Wisby coat of plates.

As for materials, I have 1.5mm (14gauge) sheets available to me in S235, and 2mm (12gauge) in S235, S355 and S700MC, where the number denotes the yield strength (elastic limit) in MPa.
Since none of the general applications for these things include getting hit by shields and weapons, I'm not sure if it's worth going for the high yields.
>>
>>8947068
Is that fuckin Rock Lee
>>
>>8948515
sorry, another anon decided that it's a peter pan, so it's a peter pan from now on.
>>
>>8948482
Im no professional historian but typically a scale armor had small scales like you said, but examples of larger ones also existed.

The roman scale armor, Lorica squamata, had varying sizes from 6x9 mm to 50x80mm scales, with the most common size being around 13x25mm.
>>
>>8948482
S235 should be enough. Also look up Eric Düblé's videos.

And lurk moar, there are a lot of stuff and tutorials on armour archives
>>
>>8948482
What do you want to make exactly?
>>
>>8949214
>What do you want to make exactly?
>now on to a brigandine
>>
>>8947270
gah, i wish we had more of this in the US. We have a lot of revolutionary and civil war, even some ww1 and ww2 stuff.

SCA and LARP do it well enough for me.
>>
>>8949876

I would have thought that the US was swimming in this stuff what with the SCA doing their thing there? Does the SCA have regular group combats?

Also has anybody ever attempted to make ceramic armor? I've been thinking about having a go at it. Also thinking about putting a sound system in it so I can pump out tunes while I'm wasting people with my axe!
>>
File: pennsic-1.jpg (204KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
pennsic-1.jpg
204KB, 500x333px
>>8950334
It is possible to do events every weekend without leaving your state, and we have several 3000 per side wars, with combat archery, siege weapons and fortifications.

As Gropes has pointed out before, its just not part of our cultural history to be as recognized as in europe
>>
File: aug.jpg (159KB, 740x742px) Image search: [Google]
aug.jpg
159KB, 740x742px
>>8949198
>Eric Düblé's
It sound pretty close to Éric Dubé wich is an armorer and cameraman at Bico since ...i dont know day one.

Pic related, he did this armor wich is pretty noice.

The helmet is from L'Archeveque. another well known blacksmith.

>As Gropes has pointed out before, its just not part of our cultural history to be as recognized as in europe
I'm sure there is a joke to do here about 'murikans and cultural history but i actually find kinda sad that recorded history in north america pretty much start so 'late'.
>>
>>8950334
Yes, the SCA does melees at sizes that actually feel like a real battlefield.

>Also has anybody ever attempted to make ceramic armor?

No, because ceramic makes shitty armour for the application we are using. Its brittle and heavy, and is only used as a composite face in ballistic armour as it hardness when interfaced with steel is useful in absorbing point impact, which results in the destruction of the plate.

>>8950678
ACL is slowly gaining traction, which is nice.

>>8950926
What sucks is that we do have a sliver of late Ren in the early Colonial era of Jamestown and Salem and the like. Its recently gotten some AWESOME exposure lately though, with the TV show Salem and the movie The Witch though.

If we had met the Spanish with knights, pike and shot like we expected, I bet our cultural view of armour would be different.
>>
>>8948482
>Were scales on scalemail really that big? I always envisioned them smaller, like 5x3 cm or something.

the fragments of roman age Lorica Squamata that I've got my rotten hands on are much smaller still - scales about 12mm x 15mm, tops. Roughly a tombstone shape, with two holes at the top of each scale.
>>
File: P1020078.jpg (67KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
P1020078.jpg
67KB, 598x800px
>>8951324
It depends on the culture, period etc. I've seen Indian and Chinese ones the size of playing cards.
>>
I'm new to LARPs and I'm interested in more of the Victorian/Historical reenactment genre and there's one I'm very interested in Poland..How's the larping out there?
>>
So, I may have jumped the gun a bit in assembling my garb before I've even gone to my first LARP, but how do I look? Any suggestions? Sorry if the picture is kind of blurry.
>>
>>8951619
>filename
lol

Move your belt up to where the white pattern is on the sides of your jacket thing, it'll make your torso look better and it'll make the tails look cooler.

Your jacket-thing is pretty Assassin's Creed, but it's not the worst.

I would invest in a few extra shirts- and maybe not roll up the sleeves? It makes it look modern/videogamey to me.
>>
>>8951619
Its very AssCreed, but not bad. The only two things I would nitpick are the belt and gloves.

Im also going on a wing and guessing that shirt is poly? Whats the overall build of it?

And how comfortable are those boots?

Honestly, get a different belt and some sort of headwear, and I wouldn't blink twice.
>>
>>8950926

Pretty sure it is Dubé, since Düblé only pulls up blanks.

>>8949198
Anyways, dug some more through the armour archives and it does hold more than I thought at first glance, so thanks.

235 would indeed be fine, 700 is overengineering, though on their advice, I'm switching to 304 stainless, since it would apparently allow me to use thinner material (aside from the obvious benefit of probably not rusting)
>>
>>8951388
Poland? Fucking strong.
You have the Harry Potter larp and the Witcher larp and a fuckton of other nordic larps / chamber larps. Look up the "liveform" group I have good experiences with them.
There are a few fantasy larps too, although I got conflicting info of how big is that there, but in the neighboorung countries there are a few good ones of that too, like in the checz republic the Lord of the Rings larp
>>
>>8951619
you should either drop the gloves or not leave your forearm bare.
Bare forearms AND gloves looks very silly. Other than that, no problems with it for a first larp
>>
>>8951710

I recently saw the Harry Potter one and I believe the Fairweather Manor one, I'm interested in both actually. How are they English speaking wise? I'm coming from the states and I don't really know what to expect.
>>
>>8951723
IIRC there are separate games for international players and ones which run only in polish.
I also heard that there will be a US version of it but as much as I've read about it so far I'm pretty sure it will suck and full of SJW bullshit (even the original one has enough SJW bullshit)
>>
>>8951728
>even the original one has enough SJW bullshit

Such as?
>>
>>8951732
there is one very funny story where SJWs starthed complaining about the name of one of the group it was whatever BROTHERHOOD and apparently it's triggered some. The fun fact is that this brotherhood had only one male member regardless, and he wasn't even the leader
>>
File: shoesbeltadjust.jpg (342KB, 512x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shoesbeltadjust.jpg
342KB, 512x1000px
>>8951628
>>8951643
>>8951657
Alright, so rolling down the list:

>Very Assassin's Creed
No lie, when I commissioned that coat, I did swap quite a few pictures with them from that series. Is it that bad? I thought that by going with blue/grey and letting the creator put their own spin on it, we could come out with a good-looking piece of that wasn't OFFICIAL ASSCREED GEAR FROM THE ASSCREED STORE FOR ALL YOUR ASSCREED NEEDS.

>Gloves/Forearms looks silly.
Noted. I tried to go either end of the spectrum in this one. Which looks better? Gloves/Sleeves, or No Gloves/Forearms?

>Pull Up Belt/Get a New Belt
Pulled up. Should I get a less modern looking belt, or a different color or something?

>Poly Blend Shirt?
100% cotton. It's some nepalese shirt that has some cloth toggles instead of buttons and a very nice texture.

>Boots
They're not the most comfortable, but decent enough, and out of the shoes I have that could fit in at a LARP, the ones I thought looked the best. Yes, the far right ones would be a major stretch, but they're the best out of all of them in terms of fit.

>Get a hat
I'll search around, but I've never been much of a hat guy. Maybe a turban/headwrap instead? If so, what colors?

>no problems with it for a first larp
Yeah, there's always room to improve, and based on advice earlier, I'll be waiting until the august sessions of the local LARP start anyway. So where should I try and take my gear from here? Anything I should pick up/add to the outfit?
>>
File: img_1850_24274305874_o.jpg (2MB, 5472x3648px) Image search: [Google]
img_1850_24274305874_o.jpg
2MB, 5472x3648px
>>8952018
>Is it that bad?
if you ask me, no. Anyone who badmouths you solely because of this is a retard.
But there will be a few retards, that's for sure.

>Noted. I tried to go either end of the spectrum in this one. Which looks better? Gloves/Sleeves, or No Gloves/Forearms?
gloves and sleeves, but keep in mind that gloves go OVER the sleeves.

>Pulled up. Should I get a less modern looking belt, or a different color or something?
if you want to you can get a better one, not a priority.
Although keeping your beltbags/puches and stuff on the same belt as your sword/whatever could be seen as bad form, but 99% of the larpers won't realize this.
I mean there will be ALWAYS something that you can improve on your cloth, try to do it in small steps but constantly.

>I'll search around, but I've never been much of a hat guy. Maybe a turban/headwrap instead? If so, what colors?
HEADWEAR is important, it doesn't have to be a hat. a hood is fine too. and a good hood can be a chaperon too.

>So where should I try and take my gear from here? Anything I should pick up/add to the outfit?
better pants at first. Look up venetian hoses, those are easy as fuck and kind of fits your costume (knee socks needed for them)
Then a better shirt.
Then either a cape/half cape or some kind of upper garment.
In the meantime, various other accessories but you will figure out what you are missing after you start larping (a belthook is a very good and important accessory in my opinion)
Maybe a better gloves, but there is a chance you realize you don't want to wear them at all.
These should be your medium term goals, for the next one years or so.
>>
File: IMAG2609.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2609.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
Spent about 4+ hours trying to make the arm circumference smaller on this mail armor, and I am currently at a halt because the armpit keeps forming a bun/ball everytime I bring my arm down.

The rings that are currently forming the ball are rivited so I will either have to find a bolt cutter or saw through them to remove the abundant rings, but there is still a risk of that not solving the problem completely and it wont be easy to fix it if I fuck up even more. Even if I get a decent result I will have to repeat the process on the other arm. Going back to the original state should take 1-2 hours for me.

Is it time to give up now guys?
>>
>>8952138
welcome in the clusterfuck known as armpit for chainmail. Some people just leave a small hole there because fuck that shit
>>
>>8952150
Leaving a whole was my fourth and latest attempt (seen in pic above). The part that is rolling up now is the riveted/sealed rings which I cant remove with pliers.

It was perfectly fine before in terms of comfort and all but the arms had room for four more arms so.

Yolo time I guess
>>
File: saber and scabbard.jpg (394KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
saber and scabbard.jpg
394KB, 1200x1600px
Help me, CGL, I need some tutorial advice.
I need to make a scabbard for a saber. The problem is while I can find great tutorials for making leather scabbards for long swords, I can't find any that accommodate the curvature of a saber. Any tips or patterns or tutorials for me?
I'll be making it out of leather. I need the scabbard to match the rest of the sword belts for the set.
Pic attached is not my sword but one of the same style.
>>
>>8952242
you just literally have to draw around your sword and get the pattern from it. Or just use newspaper to make your own pattern. The curvature isn't that much so it won't really differ from standard leather scabbards
>>
File: DSC02085.jpg (3MB, 3456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02085.jpg
3MB, 3456x2592px
>>8952138
Read the excellent thread on armourarchive about maille sleeves. You might have to retailor the whole piece, but whatever.

>>8952242
Get vegtan. Measure length on the edge, that's your centreline. Add width, thickness, generous seam allowance on both sides, forget about the curve. Cover the blade in masking tape, soak the leather, check for width on widest part, trim to that width everywhere. Sew the leather either in itself or on the blade. If you did it in itelf, squirm it on the blade, always forcing the seam to the underside/flat/center. Wetform the leather to conform to the edge and back. Decorate it if you want to do that.
>>
>>8952071
Belt hook? Could you post a picture? Google just pulls up those tiny ones meant for keyrings or the bigger ones for construction tools.
>>
File: DSC03893.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03893.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>8952501
here is a pic of one the club and the mag is hanging from it.
but give me a minute and take a better photo of it
>>
File: DSC04190.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04190.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>8952519
>>
File: 1448765204855.png (98KB, 314x335px) Image search: [Google]
1448765204855.png
98KB, 314x335px
>found this today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlWv3L8DZts

its not even cringe, its just cute. i miss being a kid.
>>
>>8952553
anon, I hate to ask this but... are you on drugs right now?
>>
>>8952565
im on vyvanse so yeah i guess
>>
>>8952577
good. Then you have an excuse on why did you posted that in a larp thread
>>
File: belthook0.png (1MB, 1174x964px) Image search: [Google]
belthook0.png
1MB, 1174x964px
>>8952501
Here you go, my economy-level repro with the original.
>>
>>8952553
I just ate like, six pounds of sushi, and drank a lot of sake. I still can't grasp any reason why you would share this.
>>
>>8952594
>>8952711
>kids larping as melee characters
>not relevant to a larp thread
not them but how isn't it relevant?
>>
>>8952723
I know that you are probably from the US and that's a handicap and that larping became a buzzword but still.
How is that larping? Do you call movies larping too? Are actors just larpers?
If you pick up a stick and imagine it's a lightsaber for half a second did you larped for that time?
>>
>>8952723
Thats not larping. Its very shitty parody of a video game for the purpose of humor, without being funny.
>>
>>8952432
That's the help I needed, thank you! My hide (which is vegtan, like you say) is thin enough to handle that, perfect. I want that seam on the underside and I want one solid piece of leather to be the scabbard, thank you!
>>
File: AH6712_3_l.jpg (165KB, 717x1102px) Image search: [Google]
AH6712_3_l.jpg
165KB, 717x1102px
Does anyone know of a site to look at historical arabic armor and such? Also if anyone has some good pictures of arabic inspired larp. My friend wants to get into larping with a middle eastern style.
>>
>>8952767
go to an arms and armour thread on /tg/ and wait for KM. Ask him about historical arabic armours and he will tell you everything and more.
Alternatively he sometimes pop ups in the /asp/ HEMA threads
>>
>>8952776
Ahh thank you
>>
>>8952765
Are you using a core? I highly suggest some long sheets of craft basswood from a craft store two thin sheets around the blade, held with string, then sew the leather around it.

>>8952767
What period? I got some stuff

>>8952776
And avoid /his/ like the plague.
>>
>>8952781
>And avoid /his/ like the plague.
do you even have to say that? I thought it's common knowledge that /his/ is shit.
>>
>>8952781
My friend was really interested in doing something around the crusades, we just finished watching some of those movies on netflix. After I finish getting all my Greek stuff together I could possibly go for some Saracen stuff, I think I look good with a headscarf covering thing.
>>
>>8952791

Can do >>46549665
>>
>>8952799
nah, you cannot into cross board linking. Lurk moar noob
>>>/tg/46549665
>>
File: 2.jpg (28KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
28KB, 720x540px
>>8952802
I know, I suck.

>>8952791
BTW, I am selling my old pair of 14 gauge, stainless steel persian bazubands, if you're in the market
>>
>>8952836
I will definitely see if my friend is interested, how much and what are the general measures?
>>
File: 1.jpg (52KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
52KB, 720x540px
>>8952838
14 gauge kiln hardened stainless, rolled edges and with the accurate "elbow boot" of dished steel to protect the outer points. Needs new leather hinges, but comes with the leather, brass period buckles and all that.

Custom made for me by Alan Baldree of AB Hammer. Asking $150+ shipping. $225ish when they were new.
>>
>>8952846
Well if my friend doesn't want them I might grab them myself. Ive always wanted to get into armoring myself, I even have an outdoor brick furnace to use as a forge.
>>
File: 6.jpg (47KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
47KB, 720x540px
>>8952846
>>
File: 7.jpg (38KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
38KB, 720x540px
>>8952852
DONT HEAT THEM! You'll ruin the temper! These just need new leathers and rivets.
>>
>>8952857
No I meant that as in I want to start making my own armor haha I definitely know not to do that
>>
>>8952432
>Read the excellent thread on armourarchive about maille sleeves. You might have to retailor the whole piece, but whatever.

They only had plate/plate coats and gambeson listed under the torso armor section, would you mind giving me a link?
>>
>>8952860
Well, hit me up soon, else wise I'm posting them on a sale board.
>>
Larp wise what is a good gauge steel? I see many helmets on kult of Athena made with 18 gauge, is that suitable?
>>
>>8952912
It depends on the quality of the steel, and if its 18 BEFORE or AFTER the shaping.

in general, 18 for costume, light larp. 16 for light reenacting and moderate larp. 14 enters "functional" territory. Again, general rule.
>>
>>8951728
>I also heard that there will be a US version of it but as much as I've read about it so far I'm pretty sure it will suck and full of SJW bullshit

Last I heard, everybody attending is required to wear a name tag with their preferred pronouns on it.
>>
>>8952018
Gloves and sleeves look best imo. I'm a sucker for nice gloves. Although you could always just alternate depending on the weather.
>>
So here's a question. I'm thinking about attending my area's LARP event for the first time.

I'd be a healer because I'm a healer in every game I've ever played. I'm a healer because I'm just naturally drawn to the role, and I'm actually quite good at it.

But I hear so many things about girls and the term "Healer Girlfriend" with LARP. It seems like a negative connotation, to be a girl AND a healer, like some sort of cop-out.

Would I be looked down upon by the regulars?

(Also, as a side-note, if anyone can list items I should get, I'd appreciate it. I already plan to bring bandages and a bottle of water for players to drink. The Healer in this specific game is spell-based, so I don't think I need blood, or special effects, anything of that nature. What do you suggest? Thanks.)
>>
Anyone has some good tips on how to assemble a decent garb?
>>
>>8952995
The "healer girlfriend" Usually refers more to the "Doesn't really want to be there" type dragged along because they want to spend time with their BF, or "heal bitches" in it to be fawned over.

If you're a girl, who happens to be playing a healer, and actually playing and invested, you're fine.

>>8952996
Tarantula made a nice little photo guide, but Its not on my phone. In general:

*Take inspiration from real clothing. Playing a medieval game? Base your clothes off medieval clothes. Steampunk? Look at real victorian fashion.

*Outside of Scifi, wear real fabrics. No poly, no nylon. Cotton, linen and wool are your friends, are more comfortable and look better.

*Don't think garb. Don't think costume. Think clothing. Dress like the character would, if they were real. Practical, social, and cultural norms etc.

*Avoid fiction cliches like "belts n'zippers"

*dress in natural layers.
>>
File: Tarantula's guide to garb1.png (2MB, 850x4000px) Image search: [Google]
Tarantula's guide to garb1.png
2MB, 850x4000px
>>8952996
Here you go. Part 1.
>>
File: Tarantula's guide to garb2.png (1MB, 850x4468px) Image search: [Google]
Tarantula's guide to garb2.png
1MB, 850x4468px
>>8953029
Part 2.
>>
File: Tarantula's guide to garb3.png (620KB, 850x3152px) Image search: [Google]
Tarantula's guide to garb3.png
620KB, 850x3152px
>>8953030
Part 3- that's all.
>>
>>8952995
Gropey's got the right of it. The "healer girlfriend" is only a problem when they're clearly not invested in the game or only there to be one player's pocket mage. You sound like you should be fine.

Water for other players, though not necessary, is a great idea. It might also be a good idea to carry around some of that powdered drink mix or the like, to add to the water--players who are running around and being active need to not only stay hydrated, but replenish their electrolytes as well.

For the thread at large: Pic is the mask I'm making for my next character. I'm pretty much done, but I'm worried about weatherproofing, since I will likely end up wearing it in the rain and/or going facedown in the mud at some point. Any good methods I can use to "seal" it or otherwise protect it from water damage?
>>
>>8953075
The image, which I forgot like a dumbass.
>>
>>8953075
>>8953082
A clear acrylic spray seal or modge-podge will do you fine. You can pick matte or gloss.
>>
File: murderbox.png (626KB, 400x880px) Image search: [Google]
murderbox.png
626KB, 400x880px
Got mailed an old sewing box by a friend of my family. It has been converted into my medical kit box.

>>8953075
>>8953082
You can seal it with any acrylic sealer. If you're really worried, you can coat it with a coat of epoxy resin.

Before you do that though, wouldn't you rather smooth out the surface texture? It's pretty obvious. Or make a proper setting for the gem? You can use papermache paste and just build up around it so it doesn't look so glued on. It's looks arts-and-crafts the way it is now.
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (208KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (1).jpg
208KB, 1600x1200px
first response tells me whether to buy this belt or not
>>
>>8953095
Are you conan the barbarian?
>>
>>8953098
No, but it's a good looking belt.
>>
>>8953097
Wrong board.
Wrong thread.
Wrong person.

0/10. You didn't even try to reheat that stale copypasta
>>
>>8953098

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>8953097
You're adorable.

>>8953099
Honestly, it has a very tribal feel to it. Its nice looking, but depends on your character.
>>
>>8951619
>>8952018
I'm this guy, digging through ebay for a better belt. Think it'll work out?
>>
>>8953097
>>8953102
Piss off. You're not funny or helpful.
>>
File: 960.jpg (34KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
34KB, 960x540px
>>8953109

Ok. Sorry.
>>
>>8953107
My tastes and opinions say no. I would go for something a little thinner and simpler to not make your costume look too busy. If you were doing a barbarian type, yeah, but try looking at thinner late medieval/ren in look.

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=SNLA6407BR&name=Thin+Medieval+Belt
>>
>>8953107
Pic related. What you have is essentially a doublet set up. Its a fairly nice piece, with its own thing going on. Less is more in this case.

>>8953110
Its ok, its friday and you're excited that you dont have school.
>>
>>8952018
Also: Yes on the gloves with the sleeves down.

Whats is your character? You can totally pull off a kind of swashbuckler/ bravo look with that kit and a suitable hat

And don't wear a fucking tricorn. Ugh.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
>>8953117

You know it. Stay desu, pham.
>>
>>8953120
I haven't quite decided. I was the guy asking about Alliance Denver, and based on their setting write-ups, I was considering a character from Port Tyrok, their pirate town, and making a sort of rookie/idiot guard character, which was as far as my chain of development got. I still haven't actually joined, though so it's all up in the air. A bravo sounds interesting, though. like those venetian duelists for hire?
>>
>>8953092
>>8953094
A friend recommended Frog Juice. Think that'll work?

Looking at it in person, I think part of the issue is the photo exaggerating small details--it's not nearly as noticeable from a few feet away. How would I go about smoothing the surface though? I'm not opposed to the idea, but I haven't been able to think of anything effective, and a leathery texture is kind of what I was going for anyway.

As far as paper-mache, I haven't really worked with it before, and last time I tried I found it very brittle, so I didn't think it would hold up well enough. It's a bit hard to tell from the photo angle, but I do have a small setting I built up from the mask itself--in keeping with the more organic look I was going for.

I'm open to suggestions, though. Got a few weeks to make adjustments before the game.
>>
>>8953138
It doesn't look leathery. It looks like tape. I promise it is way more noticeable than you think.

Papermache is easy to use and make, use google. Coat the entire mask in a layer or two of it, and use papermache clay (also you can make it, again google it) to build up around your gem setting. It does not look organic the way it is.

Once it's completely dry, sand it.

Then paint.
>>
>>8953131
Not specifically Venetian, or even Italian, or for hire, but basically a young guy with a sword and a chip on he shoulder, dueling for money/honor/bragging rights.

>A friend recommended Frog Juice. Think that'll work?

Never heard of it.

>How would I go about smoothing the surface
Modge-podge Get it at Walmart.
>>
>>8953150
> a young guy with a sword and a chip on he shoulder, dueling for money/honor/bragging rights.
It certainly sounds fun, but I'm not sure if I can pull off that aggression/ego, especially starting off at level 1. Besides, I have a feeling you're going to recommend I wear a floppy hat with a feather on it. They look great, don't get me wrong, I'm just not much of a hat person.
>>
>>8953149
Hmm. Fair enough. I see a lot of tutorials just from a quick googling, so I'll give that a shot. Thanks!
>>
Does anyone know the name of the Larping place where Heather Dale bases a lot of her songs on?
>>
File: yoda-you-will-be01.jpg (31KB, 396x336px) Image search: [Google]
yoda-you-will-be01.jpg
31KB, 396x336px
>>8953179
>im not much of a hat person
>>
>>8952862
Here.
http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157253&hilit=tailor+sleeve
>>
Anyone gonna be at Socal Renfaire tomorrow for opening day?
>>
>>8953231
I completely forgot about that. I live walking distance from there actually
>>
>>8953120

Fuck you tricorns are the shit! Way better than a fedora. I actually saw a guy wearing a tricorn recently while walking in town. It was pretty badass actually. I don't know why he was wearing it but it was black with like a pink trim.

We made eye contact, I said "Cool hat bro" he said "Thanks." I went on with my day, he went on with his.
>>
File: tricorn.jpg (26KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
tricorn.jpg
26KB, 340x270px
>>8953354

Kind of like this except larger and the dude wearing it was black.
>>
>>8953354
>>8953358
I know where he's coming from, and its from people thinking tricorns are appropriate for everything. "Ye Olde Pyrates" are the bane of historic hobby, and a common LARP copout
>>
>>8953361

Sounds like elitism to me. Pirates are cool, tricorn hats are cool, pirates wearing tricorn hats are very cool.
>>
>>8952967
all I've seen from the US version is a few interview with the US organizers. From that I can totally believe what you say.
The greatest achievement they could hold up in the interviews (and they were very proud of this) that the organizer team is girls only and it will give such a unique viewpoint and whatnot...
>>
>>8953362
You are a hell of an inventive troll, i'll give you that.
>>
File: topkek.jpg (55KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
55KB, 540x960px
About to put my arm armour together.
thoughts...?
>>
>>8952967
>name tag with their preferred pronouns

This is why people hate social justice, these faggots insist on their fantasy dogshit being mandatory.
>>
>>8953462
Not overly keen on the dull-shiny-dull, I'd either buff up the dull shoulders and gauntlets, or dull down the arms.
>>
>>8953216
Good read, but that would make me have to tear the whole shirt apart and unfortunately I don't have the time to do that.

Thanks for the link though!
>>
>>8953489
Not to mention how immersion breaking that would be. I would hate to have to stop and check every time I wanted to use a freaking pronoun
>>
>>8953516
>Not to mention how immersion breaking that would be
To the sort of faggots who want this it isn't immersion breaking, they do this shit in their everyday lives.
>>
>>8953516
>I would hate to have to stop and check every time I wanted to use a freaking pronoun

I would hate trying to translate all that bullshit in to LARP speak

>" HEAR GEE HEAR GEE, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ELF LORDS AND ELF LADIES, HUMAN KIN AND NON HUMAN KIN, ORC XIRS AND ORC ZISTERS, HORSE CHINS AND BEAR FIRS, SPIRIT KUNS AND UNDEAD LIRS"

Fortunately I only ever participate as a crier at funerals and/or executions.
>>
>>8953507
yeah I dont like shiny armour, probably fix it later
>>
>>8951282
No idea about that tv show and that movie.

Also can we just point out that George Washington was a ultimate asshole?

>>8951619
-The gloves you need to remplace them for some kind of leather fencing glove and it will look way better.
-Try to get a long leather belt with a loop on it.
-Dont wear the hood too much you're a fine looking young boy.

- >filename

Also; I used to have the exact same belt but not its broken because its some kind of weird rubber and i'm a really sad man now.

>>8951732
Like women having the rigth to vote and other stupidities like that.

>>8951733
Pokédex entry #293
Feminist, the SJW Larper. Feminist can become so startled by the sound of its own crying, that it will continue to cry until finally falling asleep from exhaustion.

>>8952150
And pikemens thank you all for that.

i looked at this post >>8952553
then saw that Hungie posted this >>8952565
I told myself...well it's probably funny on drugs.
i then watched the video

What is life?

>>8952577
''Do' moué t'es Vyvanses!'' - Fanchon.
Also...
Son...have you been smoking those reefer cigarettes with those negroes from the jazz club!?

>>8952594
Oh shit yeah a blank check to post something unrelated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svoSSdsNhtA

>>8952711
>six pounds of sushi
A month later Gropey died of salmonella.

>>8952742
Everything is a larp if you are high enough my friend.

>>8952912
>>8952924
i second that.

>>8953231
>>8953249
Take a pic and kiss.

>>8953358
>the dude wearing it was black.
Holy shit the street as talken!

>>8953373
Its the best one we got this month its refreshing.
>>8953606
i really must ask.
Where is WeedLand?
>>
>>8953711
>Where is WeedLand?
The Netherlands
>>
It's a miracle, it is actually raining in southern california. That's going to put a damper on the RenFaire though
>>
>>8953358
>the dude wearing it was black.

He was probably just cosplaying Hamilton or something.
>>
Post songs that'll work for a bard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ35SOU9HTM
>>
File: IMG_2439[1].jpg (406KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2439[1].jpg
406KB, 2048x1536px
>>8953354
Endlessly better than a tricorn, and can be reused for anything peasantry.
>>
File: mithraphrygian.jpg (26KB, 258x324px) Image search: [Google]
mithraphrygian.jpg
26KB, 258x324px
>>8953354
Rip pleb
>>
>>8954376
Well now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFi7bWkyRpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7urgOP1fw8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OROIBwwg3rw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt0tUBE1_Uc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_bsmDX8yVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP8A9rtg0iI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y8VCk4IZsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJt4y4fH938

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0MyeeigtZ8

I gots more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxCh2YinAjI
>>
>>8953120
What would be a good hat in your opinion then?
>>
>>8954376
at the end of the event, if the whole tavern knows the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrXP5zoFxss
>>
>>8954376
Err... Most of the stuff I know is French or Romani... Can't go wrong with "Greensleeves" as a classic English ballad.

Also: "The Bard's Song" by Blind Guardian.

>>8954404
Brimmed hats are pretty timeless, and EVERYONE wore one, from king to peasantry (obviously, with quality and materials differing). Half cocked, bicorned, eventually tricorned, whatever, but unfolded actually keeps the sun off.

>>8954443
Honestly, in my opinion, a half cock brimmed hat, or an Elizabethan muffin cap. Maybe a bicocket.

If you had darker colours, I'd totally tell you to go full witch hunter and wear a flat peaked brimmed hat.
>>
>>8953711
Netherlands.
>>
>>8954419
Those are wonderful!
Got a humorous/funny ones? Like the one I posted, or Drunken Sailor?
>>
Whats about just favorite medieval/folk style music to get in the mood? Stuff without modern electric guitars and crap.
>>
I'm going to give enchantment a try. Refining essence stones and enchanting weapons/staves has to be roleplayed out. The alchemists always do fun little chemistry experiments for their crafting, does anyone have any ideas for something an enchanter could do?
>>
File: 1379454441873[1].png (163KB, 1495x1277px) Image search: [Google]
1379454441873[1].png
163KB, 1495x1277px
>>8955156
if we were on /tg/ I would post a pdf, There is an easy rune system that /tg/ come up with, you might do that
>>
>>8955169
Oooo, looks neat! I have a journal that looks like a spell book, I could do something with that. I also had the idea of doing wire-wrapped stones, it's just not quite as impressive as harmlessly explosive chemistry experiments.
>>
>>8955156
As Tarantula told me when I asked about magic rune stuff a while back, consistency and understanding are key. You can make stuff look a lot more impressive if there's an actual system behind it and you understand how it works, plus the less shit you have to make up on the spot, the better your magicky thauma-babble sounds.
>>
Alright so today was my 2nd time at larping, what do you guys suggest for someone who wants to go full pirate.
>>
>>8955156

Pretty much what >>8955344 has quoted me for.

The more legit your magical bullshit is ahead of time, the more awesome it will be. Picking stuff just because it's cool, while cool, will never be as awesome as stuff with an *explanation* even if that explanation never comes up in game.

If nothing else, you will know it, and your roleplay will become that much more personally immersive for you.

For practical effects, baking soda + vinegar is classic if messy. Check out water color change magic tricks, they may also be cool.

Spend some time trawling shitty hippy websites- stuff for crystal healing can be some great inspo for enchanting roleplay, and may be perfect for essence stones.
>>
>>8955136
Look up the bands Faun, Corvus Corax and Woglemut to start.

Also: https://youtu.be/e2ZPKsTVSow

>>8955349
Well, #1 rule, understand what a pirate is. A pirate is just a sailor who has made some bad/awesome life choices. Like any other sailor, his clothing will reflect the worn, practical clothing of his trade, mixed with bits and pieces of finery collected over his travels and as spoils of combat. Pirates don't "dress like pirates" as it were.

He skills are are also nautical and practical. His knowledge is also nautical, but with some worldly and obscure stuff mixed in.

Most of all, a pirate is a criminal, and will do his best to keep such knowledge hidden, as its pretty panuniversal that pirates are executed without question. Avoid authority, but never challenge it without assured advantage. Your loyalty being to yourself and fellow crew before any other.

Seamanship (knots, navigation and the like), combat, basic knowledge of multiple languages/cultures, survival, superstitions and low-class social skills (carrowsing, performing, intimidating etc) are your strong suits. In general, you'll be smart, but not educated.

Do not give into stereotypes. Give your character a REASON to turn to piracy. Was he pressganged into the navy and escaped to a life free at sea? Is he fleeing something in his old life? Maybe he was forced into it?
>>
I love you guys and always visit for tips and stuff. This year I'll be visiting a post apocalyptic (non sci-fi esque with robots and lasers) LARP.
I have read a few DIY guides on how to use black paints, sealers, ash, etc to age clothing and I've got a pretty basic costume in mind.
I have a super old thin t shirt I was going to run through a bicycle sprocket to give holes and perhaps burn/cut a sleeve off because I'm getting an assymetric vibe from the whole place.
I've got a jacket with torn lapels that has the old US army washing instructions sewn Into it but it's tiny and illegible, I can do whatever to it.
The pants situations I am having a hard time finding cargo pants at goodwill in my area but I have steel toe boots that are already falling apart.

Beyond that... I figure repurposed accessories , I'm just looking to use y'all as a think tank to assist. Any information on good weathering techniques or ideas or ways to use other materials I can find would be appreciated a lot.
>>
File: 31GmNW1km6L.jpg (15KB, 349x500px) Image search: [Google]
31GmNW1km6L.jpg
15KB, 349x500px
I'm wanting to carry around water, but don't want to risk carting around a glass bottle, and don't want to be retard with an evian water bottle. I'm thinking of buying pic related, and throwing some twine and cork around the cap/neck to make it look more in period.

Thoughts? Opinions?
>>
>>8955523
Why not get a canteen? Or a leather covered bottle?
>>
>>8955527
>canteen
not a fan of their shape.
>leather covered bottle
Most of these I find seem to be made of glass, and I'd prefer a hard container versus something soft like a waterskin.

Besides, I can churn these out for about $4, meaning I don't have to break a sweat if/when I lose it.
>>
>>8955523
A brown medicine bottle doesn't look any more period for a medieval game.

>>8955529
Get a bota bottle. Leather outer with a plastic inner. Tough as nails, and you can get them at walmart, or find nicer ones on Amazon.
>>
>>8955540
>A brown medicine bottle doesn't look any more period for a medieval game.
But, I could probably slip it by in the fantasy game I'd be in, and it'd look perfectly fine.
>>
>>8955546
To the uneducated yes i'll give you that, but its still bulky, fragile, and limited in capacity over a device deigned to actually hold enough water to keep a person hydrated.

Just saying.
>>
>>8955546
And you'd still only get maybe three mouthfulls of water before its empty, and still be hauling a breakable glass bottle.

My vote is for a bota bag/wine skin like clown fag suggested.
>>
>>8955549
>>8955551
Thirding. Just get a bota bag. If you're going to be using "kinda period" you can use something designed for the task.
>>
>>8955549
>>8955551
I actually found a plastic variant, sized at 8oz. So while not a tiny size, enough for a decent drink. The game I'm in is based around going to and from the "town" for foray/adventuress, so we're always popping into the inn for water anyways.
>>
>>8955560
>only 8.oz
>Solid bottle
>Still have to make suspension system

Hey man, you asked for thoughts and opinions, but you're free to ignore them.
>>
>>8955563
This.
If you want someone to say you have a good idea without providing better alternatives you won't find it here.
>>
File: 1millionhoursinphotoshop.jpg (40KB, 849x500px) Image search: [Google]
1millionhoursinphotoshop.jpg
40KB, 849x500px
>>8955563
>>8955563
And it looks retarded. Though
>suspension system
is still a stupid, pretentious way to say straps. But judging by the size and anon's attitude, he'll probably keep the bottles in a leather purse he deems to be close enough [spoiler]because he's a faggot[/spoiler]
>>
>>8955563
>>8955569
We don't sugar coat.

Glass bottles were expensive and fragile. You used glass for small quantities of luxury liquids, like brandy or liquor. Liquor would eat through pitched leather bottles eventually, and was worth the investment.

Carrying water/watered down wine for actually hydration, you want something thats cheap, water tight, holds a lot of fluid, isn't as bulky and is more durable. Enter: The bota/wineskin or canteen.

One of the reasons Euro larpers look more "real" is because they don't try to reinvent the wheel. They use what people really used.
>>
>>8955578
>wah wah no one is sucking my cock over my retarded idea!

Welcome to LARPthread.
>>
File: f_97188_1.1.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
f_97188_1.1.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>8955578
>is still a stupid, pretentious way to say straps.
Straps are part of a suspension system.

>leather purse
Purses are for money, anon.

>Spoilers
/cgl/

>Calling someone a faggot in larpthread
Praise Slaanesh.

Here is a better looking bota, but even the one you posted looks acceptable as a necessary item of safety in my elitist opinion.
>>
>>8955590
Got a source for that bottle?
>>
File: 41WTqevL2nL.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41WTqevL2nL.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>8955529
OR instead of buying some retarded looking bottles you at ones that look like wine bottles and then wrap them in twine I'm sure you could find some green ones if you looked hard enough
>>
>>8955594
Dunno. Had it for a while, as its the same design as the cover I made for mine.

Google reverse image it.
>>
File: 20160410_230339.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160410_230339.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>8955597
I get fancy ones for $1 from the craft store, and use them for home made sangria.
>>
>>8955614
Absolutely nothing. But etsy does offer some expensive alternatives over a $4 solution that uses something as intended and merely hides the modern aspect, not re-inventing the fucking wheel.
>craft it yourself you fucking retard
Or I craft what I originally intended, and just throw a couple more into my bag for the price of the bota bag because it's an item that isn't even intended to be displayed, merely good enough to look in-genre for the couple of seconds it's out, and much better than having a plastic squeeze cap always being displayed on my body.
>>
>>8955633
Multiple anons, and one of the proven namefags have given you multiple reason why its a poor idea, and provided you with a cheap, more effective alternative. The red wineskin is fine, and does the job better.

Now you're being hostile and rude.
>>
>>8955633
Well, it seems that you just came here for asspats and support for your stupid idea. Maybe tumblr, or facebook's Larphaven is more your speed?
>>
>>8955664
Not asspats but certainly not "your idea is everything wrong in the world and has no viable benefits now go spend twice as much for something that looks even more out of place with plastic squeeze caps and tubing it's so much cooler"
>>
>>8955633
Also, 5 seconds on google reverse image search.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/bota-of-boulder-bota-bag-32-oz~p~97187/

You can apologize for being rude when it wasn't called for now.
>>
>>8955673
But your idea is stupid, and you're an asshole.
>>
>>8955673
Look man, I can fix stupid. You can remove the cap and replace it with a cork. You can make a cover for the cap. You can shove it up your ass and turn yourself into a set of whiny bagpipes for all I care.

But being rude like you are because you're being disagreed with just makes you look even more foolish.
>>
>>8955633
>>8955673
I can't tell if you're a troll or triggered.
>>
>>8955680
>demanding apologies over the internet
yes because I should totally fear you and your LEET sword fighting skills all beware gropey king of /cgl/ and his anonymous leegun
>>
>>8955705
:3 Its ok anon, I love you. I'll be the big spoon.
>>
>>8955523
>Food coloring
>modge podge
>any clear or semiclear container
Mix food coloring to desired color, brown, green, pink, whatever. Add to modge podge and mix until even color fill container about a quarter of the way full and roll around to coat the inside (alternatively use a brush and apply to the outside). You've now discovered how I make cheap stain glass anythings.
>>
>>8955705
Be honest, is this your first LARPthread?

Hungarian, Adamant, Gropey, Tarantula and even Frenadian all are really good at what they do.
>>
>>8955705
Where are you located, anon?
>>
>>8955468
Self reply.
Looking into things that leave distinct patterns for distressing. I thought more ideas than the sprocket would come to mind.
As for accessories I was thinking of making some kind of webbing instead of just a backpack. I have some ... camouflage for helicopters? It's like a ghillie suit but I'm the shape of a tarp with a lot of netting to hold it all together. I see it in 'nam movies and they always have their roofs covered in it. I was thinking I could fold that up and secure it with a roughed up fanny pack then dangle some decorative nonsense (small animal bones, bolts, nuts) on it. It could double as a sled I could pull larger things with if I unbuckle it and unfold it though I'm not sure if I'd ever find myself needing to do that. D-rings and carabiners seem like a good call to affix things to said costume.
I'm still brainstorming.
>>
>>8955718
Seconded, I am curious too.
>>
File: 20160410_204542.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160410_204542.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
So I was out with some friends being all hipster and going to thrift stores and found these for 10 bucks. Not bad for some generic medieval character Yeah?
>>
>>8955717
No. I've been lurking in these threads and LARPing for about a year and a half, so I at least know something, and it's maddening to be treated like I know nothing even though my local group posts similar techniques for stuff in the fb group

>>8955718
Fuck it. I'm in NYC cause I'm a delusional white-boy who failed out of being a business major and now lives with parents who try to provide and wonder where they've gone wrong and escapism through LARPing and my semi-decent level of arts&crafts is the only thing that keeps me alive from day to day.
>>
>>8955727
No. but I'll buy them from you for $12.

They're actually a pretty good find.
>>
>>8955727
Yup. Those, canvass boat shoes, and quite a few other cheap shoes all have uses.
Even uggs! pic related

>>8955729
Why are you so hostile? You asked for comments and suggestions. You got them. You don't like what you heard and are now throwing a temper tantrum.
>>
>>8955735
edited for clarity
>>
>>8955734
nah bruh get your own shoes

>>8955735
Well there is nothing new under the sun. What period are those shoes from?
>>
>>8955735
>now throwing a temper tantrum.
go on, tell me more about how I'm a big loser and overweight and a sad sack of shit for whining on chinese cartoon boards and that I should just kill myself but I'm too scared to even try
>>
File: celtic_shield_b.jpg (72KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
celtic_shield_b.jpg
72KB, 900x601px
>>8955739
forgot my trip. Anyone know a place that sells this kind of boss with the wings? If not I have some ideas how to make my own.
>>
File: shieldspine1.jpg (46KB, 874x623px) Image search: [Google]
shieldspine1.jpg
46KB, 874x623px
>>8955739
12thC Iceland, but they were worn all throughout the the Nordic countries even to today as a folk shoe. Thats actually the origin of the modern Ugg boot!

>>8955742
Dude. Wow. I have honestly never seen anyone get so angry on 4chan before. You should take a warm bath and rethink your life.

>>8955745
Typed in "celtic shield boss" into google. 10 seconds

The top ones come with a precarved wooden reenforcemnt. scroll down for three different kinds, from $50-65
http://legvi.tripod.com/armamentarium/id316.html
>>
>>8955748
ahh thank you I was being dumb and was looking for a thureos shield boss.
>>
>>8955748
>I have honestly never seen anyone get so angry on 4chan before. You should take a warm bath and rethink your life.
fuck you
>>
>>8955753
Maybe. Are you cute?
>>
>>8955753
>>8955742
Guy. Don't brood over the opinions of folks on the internet. You're being unfun to deal with. Just chill, relax, go back through your replies and instead of "naw my idea is good enough even though I came here seeking others opinions I'm not happy with what I got" respond with positivity. "Hey, that's a neat idea but my budget is ____/ I'm looking for something around _____size/ I just need a small decoration so alternatives would be welcomed as well"
>>
>>8955745
Gropes beat me to the punch on posting a soul of the warrior link. So are you going full Gaul, thorakitai, or thureophoroi?
>>
>>8955761
I've owned one myself back when I did Gaulish merc durring the Ptolemic wars.

Good product, decent price and good service.
>>
>>8955762
They've been my source for the majority of my Roman kit. Pretty much everything except my tunics and hamata.
>>
File: 1460253777978.jpg (173KB, 799x627px) Image search: [Google]
1460253777978.jpg
173KB, 799x627px
>>8955761
I think I might do a Thureophoroi. I have an aspis, and now I'm making a thureos. The thorax I have can go through a regular hoplite and later period warriors.
>>
>>8955721
desu you seem to have a very solid grasp on what you're doing- I have nothing to add. You're in the right direction.

I would suggest heading out to some thrift shops (probably the weirder/darker/dirtier ones) and looking around in there for stuff you can use, or inspiration. It's essentially what you would actually be finding in the wasteland.
>>
>>8955773
Woah.
Sorry for this but, test.

desu

If I am correct, abbriviations like above are being automatically turned into 'desu.'
Anon that desu was originally the abbreviation for to be honest.
>>
>>8955778
WTF

BBQ

DESU

88-
>>
>>8955778
Nope, only "To Be Honest"
>>
>>8955782
I think also f am

test

senpai
>>
>>8955680
To be fair, Gropes, google does tailor results based on your search history. It's entirely possible that simply didn't show up for him.
>>
>>8955789
Yes, but google reverse image search looks for the exact image, from its point of origin.
>>
>>8955778
It's been filtering those for a while now. Ever since ownership changed hands, I think.
>>
>>8955768
The closer you get to the 3rd century BC the closer I get to coming out to fight you to prove the superiority of Rome.

>>8955778
10/10 taste in pictures.
>>
File: 372394.jpg (38KB, 460x543px) Image search: [Google]
372394.jpg
38KB, 460x543px
>>8955807
I'm ready here and now. Come and play with the big boys. Greece just went to shit after Alexander because we stopped having demigods, good thing I'm here.
>>
>>8955349
>what do you guys suggest for someone who wants to go full pirate.
don't
>>
>>8955796
>>8955773
On behalf on /fit/ I feel we were the ones responsible for the word filter and I'm deeply sorry if it is our fault.

Thanks for the reassurance that I'm headed on the right direction. After my visits to the thrift shops I didn't once think to look for props; just clothing. So thanks for pointing that opportunity out. I will have to revisit the shops with new eyes.
We have an annual flea market coming up that's a few miles off from an army surplus store so I might find a Load Bearing Vest or an external frame backpack... maybe a 2 quart canteen even.
What I thought would be neat is to find a cylindrical case that I think holds maps (historical folk, does anyone know what I'm talking about?)
If not I can find a cylindrical pool stick case or even a muff (I believe?) That keeps your hands warm.
If anyone knows other cylinder shaped containers I'm all ears.
>>
>>8955823
>Im totes /fit/ guise
>Thanks for the asspats to the one person who pitties my stupid idea
>A leather wineskin is too jarring but a load bearing vest or modern external frame backpack is cool amirite?
>>
>>8955828
Post apoc anon and glass bottle anon are two different people.

Not sure what kind of a trip glass bottle anon is on tonight, but I hope they feel better tomorrow.
>>
File: image.jpg (195KB, 600x574px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 600x574px
>>8955815
Time to shank some Greeks.
>>
>>8955823
>a cylindrical case that I think holds maps (historical folk, does anyone know what I'm talking about?)

You mean.... A cylindrical map case?

Im not being an asshole, I swear. Look up cylindrical map case. You can get repro WWII ones cheaper than larp custom made ones.
>>
how many larp swords should someone own? I just picked up two Sparkfoam swords? Has anyone had any experience with them?
>>
>>8955839
Oh wow... yup. Thaaaats what I was talking about. "Sometimes the best solution is the most simple" or something like that.
>>8955828
Not wine bottle anon, tarantula has it straight. I suggested the modge podge thing actually then I scrolled down and saw him being pretty insufferable and regret sharing tips. I only quoted you to inform you about the word filter issue. It was absolutely rampant in /fit/ and we still have threads poking fun about it. I don't have much LARP experience but I visit these threads whenever I make costumes because the regulars here are pretty friendly and knowledgeable, they don't whistle Dixie, and usually give solid advice on better ways to make props. I think last time I was here someone got me involved in rotocasting because I was looking to equip myself and a handful of friends with similar gear. I'm on my phone now or I'd post pics of the axes and armor we ended up rotocasting.
Anyhow, this is just my small talk.
>>
>>8955855
I would imagine that is relative to how many larps you attend / characters you have. I would suppose 1 sword per character or 3 would be a good rule of thumb, also maybe you'd have more fun learning a new weapon and thus make a new character? I love spears
>>
>>8954907

Ones with an actual punchline?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8uODpt79Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1rA_gDdBp8

Here are some generally considered amusing, though they don't have a specific joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ayTWcqefg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXtNeGx-7VQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_7Yf_hLvKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9ZsbEpEqRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-1pXGVFxlI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEBWdXWWN58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wny_0pi4hR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chu5kNhFAAU&nohtml5=False
>>
>>8955136

I've always been partial to Valravn and Loreena McKennitt for background music. If I want something more "exotic", I just turn on Arany Zoltán's youtube channel.
>>
>>8955136
Clanadonia has pipes and drums little else.
>>
>>8955748
>I have honestly never seen anyone get so angry on 4chan before
Gropalope, you see people getting angry on 4chan every month or so.
That said I think you guys are overcomplicating this whole bottle-gate thing

>>8955523
> I'm thinking of buying pic related, and throwing some twine and cork around the cap/neck to make it look more in period.
Main problem with your idea isn't what everyone else is sperging about. It's that a simple cork and twine on that kind of bottle can easily leak or the cork just comes off. That is, if you meant to use them on themselves and not glue it on the modern sealing cap.

Anyway they are indeed too small for meaningful amount of water, but I think you shuld check out more kind of flasks and bottles. There are a fuckton of different kind of winsekins too, some aren't floppy sacks of horsedicks but hardened leather, there are various shapes in metal flasks, etc.
But whatever floats your goat
>>
>>8955807
>The closer you get to the 3rd century BC the closer I get to coming out to fight you to prove the superiority of Rome.
Sorry, too busy sacking Rome in the 16th century
>>
File: DSC03854.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03854.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8955855
>how many larp swords should someone own?
enough.
But how many is enough? I still don't know but I stretch the limits every time I buy a new one
>>
>>8955855

That depends on how varied your characters are. If you always play based on the same region and timeframe, you could get away with as little as one primary and one backup (since you never know when some douche is going to call "disarm" or "shatter: weapon" on you)

If your characters range from antiquity in Greece to the Frankish side of the Hundread Years War to a Bohemian in the Thirty Years war, and you sometimes like to throw an elf or a dwarf in there, you're looking at 8 to 10 weapons.
>>
>>8955866
I meant the ones with the punchline, yes. The one about bricks is wonderful.
Would be glad to have some more if it's not too much of a bother, but I'm grateful anyway. You're great.
>>
>>8955939

Sadly, there aren't many (that I know) that have an actual punchline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Hb5nzwE4I

This one does if you sing the entire song, though it's a long one to keep people's attention. It all ends with the singer not believing his cheating wife that the man running from his house is English, because there's no way an Englishman could last past 3 am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvhIy7RgJRI

This is about a devil coming to take a man's wife away because she's that awful to him, but eventually brining her back because she's just too nasty to keep in Hell
>>
>>8954550
This hat makes me really want to re-create Blackbeards armor and cloths from the movie "Pan"
>>
File: Blackbeard-and-Peter-xlarge.jpg (163KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Blackbeard-and-Peter-xlarge.jpg
163KB, 1280x800px
>>8956095
>forgot to add picture
>>
>>8956096
Any tips on how the fluting is done?
>>
>>8953373

Not a troll, I just like tricorn hats and don't think people shouldn't wear them because some dude thinks they are overused. Next you'll be telling me that ninjas shouldn't be wearing black facemasks because it's a cliche.
>>
File: idonthaveaproblem.jpg (101KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
idonthaveaproblem.jpg
101KB, 800x800px
I'm in the market for an 8-oz flask to keep a little... "social lubricant" on hand during games because anxiety is a son of a bitch. I don't trust the super cheap options not to leak in my bag, and I'm not sure what to look for as far as aesthetics go. The group is pretty chill about "accuracy" but I'd like to make an effort. I'm handy with crafts so I'm up for a little modification. Any suggestions are appreciated!
>>
>>8956140
Tricorn are the equivalent of a fedora but for larpers.
>>
>>8947140
this guy took my order at dominoes today
>>
>>8956237
why the fuck do you go to dominoes in Hungary?
>>
>>8956236
And wide brimmed feather hats are for le enlightened gentlemen, right? Bicockets are the master hat race.
>>
>>8956490
What are bicockets?

Also, does anyone have pictures of decent Japanese-inspired garbs? Both armour and 'normal' clothes work
>>
File: DSC02424.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02424.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>8956490
>And wide brimmed feather hats are for le enlightened gentlemen, right?
you play a dangerous game there anon. There are a lot of wide brimmed feather hats
>>
>>8955136
Okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFjmoU91mHA&nohtml5=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68bfFtg92ek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK9LAnA-_P4

>>8955468
Think about what you would wear if you were faced with surviving an apocalypse.

Everything you should need should be on you or in your bugout bag.
in other words:
Bring a hoodie dear it may get cold and i dont want you catching something.

>>8955523
>>8955540
Seconded
>>8955557
Forthing then

>>8955717
I'm not even sure myself of what i do but thank you.

>>8955727
Shit brah.
These are actually pretty legit.

>>8955742
Dont kill yourself until you can blame it on someone else.
Now listen to my plan.
> Go kill a well known neo-nazi while wearing a antifa suit
> Go kill a well known antifa while wearing a skinhead suit
> hilarity ensues

Other option, do lot of drugs and hope to die every day.

Sadly this does not work and will probably put you in debts and you'll end up with a boyfriend or something.

Somewhere in there you send dickpicks to Hungarian

>>8955815
These sandals are too big for her.
Wouldnotcumonit/10

>>8955855
there is no such things as enough weapons.

I was looking for the picture i had of all the calimacils i ordered but that was a lot of effort so here is a picture of a weird dog.
>>
>>8955894
Sort of a weird question, but what is your job that you can allow yourself to buy so many LARP weapons?
>>
>>8956547
it's not a question of job, it's a question of do I have any social life outside of larping.
But I'm a software tester. with a slightly above then average pay in this country
>>
>>8956549
Ohh, high-tech. Makes more sense now. For how long have you been collecting them, then?

Also, is that Calimacil's Bellator there? How is it?
>>
>>8956553
I've been larping for 10 years know but only in the last 3 years started to buy calimacil stuff.
And it's
1 murten halbeard head
5 bellator I
3 bellator II
20 Prince II
1 Freeman or whatever is the crowbar called
1 calmiacil bow
1 custum made calimacil sword with hybrid core under all those prince
and a few home made stuff and from other shops.

Although truth is some of them aren't mine but two of my friends.
Then again the pic is 1 year old since then I bought a few more swords and managed to break 1 bellator

And to answer your question: bellators are pretty good larp swords in my experience. The only one we managed to break was a refurbished on to begin with and it seen EXTENSIVE use. We regularly go down to various events and let kids and big kids play with them because we know that they can't kill themselves under 5 minutes with them.
Then again most of it's safety comes from the flexible fibergalss core that makes it a little wobbly. But that's true for nearly all properly made larp weapons at the same length.
>>
>>8956100
Time for another patented Gropey obvious answer: a fluting hammer.

>>8956140
To echo Frenchy, they are the fedora of the larp world. In a somewhat cohesive medieval/ren setting, its like running around with a big glittery spescial snowflake on your shield. With out fail, the tricorn guy is a That Guy

Now, said, if the game setting is something like a pirate larp, or that bitching awesome Beast of Gevaudan game, then it loses its stigma.

>>8956490
No. They are for everyone else.

>>8956496
The quintisential "Robin Hood" hat. Pic related
>>
>>8956578
Ah, I see. Awesome.
Also, is it cool if I share the pic to my local larp group so we can all go jelly on it?
>>
>>8956620
go for it. I mean I uploaded it on 4chan, I'm pretty sure it's already on several other servers by now (plus as I said it's a year old pic)
>>
>>8956594
Tricorns are larp fedoras, and yet there are pictures of you wearing one.
>>
>>8956630
...in appropriate clothes and while working at an 18thC museum...
>>
>>8956644
still, he has a point.
>>
>>8956672
Its just like a real fedora: if you're wearing a proper one, in the proper setting, with proper clothing, its fine.

Wearing one completely out of place is poor form.

Also: I was paid to wear it. I am a hat whore I suppose.
>>
>>8956714
still, you had a tricorn. And tricorns are for pirates. And pirates are shit
>>
>>8956729
Pfft. I am a gentleman with a profession thankyou!

...And I wear a stocking cap when I d sailor/pirate.
>>
>>8956754
you aren't helping yourself
>>
>>8956759
Love you too, slavbro
>>
File: IMGP0231.jpg (1MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0231.jpg
1MB, 2592x3872px
>>8956762
I know gropalope, I know.
>>
>>8956541
Postapoc-anon here.
Thanks for the idea. It helps me to make a theme even if it sounds like you're saying the simple things.
>>
File: 1458325611958.jpg (99KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
1458325611958.jpg
99KB, 600x590px
>>8955894
>8 Calimacil long swords
>>
File: IMG_3325-M.jpg (167KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3325-M.jpg
167KB, 600x400px
>>8956963
My first post-apo costume went exactly like that.
>got asked if i wanted to come to a post apo game
>never went to a post-apo before
>look around the appartment and grab useful stuff to have in a survival situation
>know its gonna rain
>pick a big wool coat
>put everything i need inside a bag
>the next morning a car grabbed me and all i had was these clothes on me and my bug out bag

The beauty of a post-apo costume is how less is often more.

The larp after i came back with a better costume since i came prepared.

Also you need a name mah boii so we know who we are responding to its way easier.

Its a terrible price to pay but we all paid it.

Gobble gobble
>>
>>8947110
>Is that Peter Pan fighting a Pirate? Nice.

It's Rock Lee from Naruto.
>>
File: canadian graffiti.jpg (990KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
canadian graffiti.jpg
990KB, 3264x2448px
>>8957160
Nope. Peter Pan. Anon has spoken.
>>
>>8957160
You are too late anon. You were always too late.

>>8957000
as I said you can never have enough swords
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ8xE8q9lWs
>>
>>8957101
I don't know if there are parameters to names. I'm 4chan illiterate as all get out.

In the past I've tried making costumes but drawing and then making what I drew. It never turns out the way I originally planned but gives me a decent starting point. My process with this so far is more like a ruleset/theme.
1.layers; the weather can change so be prepared to adapt.
2. Start simple then accessorize.
3. Focus more on utility and things that will be fun to show others than combat.

I haven't had time to work on this costume yet because I have been at work the past few days. I figure that there's combat at many LARPs but it's not always the focus. If they want people to be immersed I want to be able to entertain folks. I'm pretty good at knots (snares, love traps, made a hammock out of paracord, made boladoras out of hemp and 2 golfballs with monkey fist knots) and so I'm going to try to find strings of all sorts. Not sure how to distress them without damaging them rendering them useless that way of there's downtime I can rig something up and teach others and make friends.
>>
File: 02507-nh02_1.png (340KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
02507-nh02_1.png
340KB, 350x500px
Sup /cgl/.

Found these pants at Dein Larp Shop. They cost €50,-. Is that a somewhat okay deal? Anyone know how they are quality-wise?
>>
Im thinking about ordering a dozen of these , best price+shipping I could find was at battle merchant but they are stil 4,5€ a piece.

Is there any other shop that has a lower price than that?

Im okay with that price but people steal arrows from time to time so I like to keep the costs as low as possible.
>>
>>8958065
Well, first thing is first... You know those are not pants, right? Those are braise and chauses.

Burgschneider makes decent stuff, but they don't preshrink their cotton. I highly suggest getting a size bigger than you need, and washing it hot.
>>
>>8958065
Also: Is that price for both the brais AND chauses, or only the chauses?
>>
>>8958588
I thought pants was pretty much a term for everything that covers each leg separately. Oh well, that's just my less-than-perfect English.

Do they work any different from pants, though? Do you need to attach them to your shirt or something weird?

>>8958591
It's the price for both. Here's a link:
https://www.dein-larp-shop.de/en/costumes/costumes-men/trousers/4892/braies-brandolf-with-hose-brown?c=327
>>
>>8958595
Braise are basically long shorts. Chauses are basically long pantlegs that tie onto the chauses with points.

Thats not a bad price to both. Again though, be aware of shrinkage.
>>
>>8958597
Well, since the only options are L and XXL (I'm normally size L), I'm just going to go for L and hope for the best. If they're too small I'm sure someone'll be willing to take them off my hands. Thanks for the advice!
>>
File: 20160413_181553.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20160413_181553.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Previously mentioned jacket.
There's a store here that sells manufacturing defects for cheap but you can't always tell what's wrong with it at first.
Sometimes sleeves are sewn shut, sometimes dyes aren't set entirely and fade on the first wash. But I looked this up, it's Indigo Star and this jacket is usually $135, I got for $15.
One of the lapels is messed up and ended up ripping. But the small decorations on the shoulder (American flag) and chest (olde tyme wash instructions) will lend a touch to the apocalyptic feel.

I'm off to find pants.
>>
>>8960455
>I'm off to find pants.
don't forget anon, war is no reason for pants
>>
>>8955815
Hey man, heads up on the Bazubands. Im going to post them on a few sites tommorow if you don't want them.

>>8960509
Pants are a tool of oppression.
>>
>>8960531
if you can be oppressed by a piece of clothing I feel sorry for you
>>
>>8960539
Its oppressing my dick against my leg!

*rimshot*
>>
File: HouseForrester_Asher.jpg (49KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
HouseForrester_Asher.jpg
49KB, 550x309px
Is it okay to use game of thrones of LARP inspiration, even if it's vidya GoT? Pic related as something I might possibly want to base an outfit around.
>>
>>8960578
GoT stuff is just generic fantasy clothing/armour in various shades of brown with random straps and odd over designing, based very loosely on real stuff.

So yes, its fine for larp.
>>
>>8960596
But Gropey-senpai! Brown means gritty realism!
>>
>>8960602
Brown, light diffusion, and lensflare, if modern vidya is to be believed.
>>
>>8960509
But how are people supposed to know the world ended if I have more fingers than pockets?
>>
>>8960509
What about keeping horrible Lyme disease ticks off my legs? Is that a good enough reason for pants.
>>
>>8961008

If you do some proper wenching in the evenings, you'll find someone to check your legs, I'm sure.
>>
>>8960921
hold on to your ass anon because I will blow your mind: If you wear proper medieval cloths you will ALWAYS have more or equal number of fingers as the numer of pockets you have. Even if you have no legs or arms.

>>8961008
nah, that's reason for alcohol and for other stuff
>>
>>8961152
What about a kilt?
I could be (read:most likely) am wrong but I was always shown to wrap a kilt so that you had 2 "pockets", one big and one small.
Either way I'm the one gearing up for the post apoc LARP.
>>
>>8952767
https://www.wulflund.com/armour/helmets/other-helmets/turkish-helmet-14th-century.html/

Wulflund has a few
>>
>>8961181
and I can store a lot of things in the slashes on my doublet. Still those aren't pockets
>>
>>8961181
Don't kilt unless your (at least part) Scottish and use actual tartan.
>>
>>8961600
>people can only wrap cloth in ways I deem acceptable
Get fucked tumblr, I'm appropriating the shit out of your culture.
>>
File: how to get kilt.jpg (135KB, 516x672px) Image search: [Google]
how to get kilt.jpg
135KB, 516x672px
>>8961181
>>8961600
>>8961724
Don't wear a kilt, unless you're wearing an actual kilt (sometimes modernly known as a full plaid or a great kilt). The simple skirt styles are super modern, as are 99% of tartans.

Almost the entirety of Scottish history, plaid was just a pattern. Fancier weaves and more colors just being conspicuous consuption.
>>
>>8961595
Point taken.
>>8961600
I have a friend named Scott, so basically the same thing.
>>
>>8961600
If a kilt is appropriate for your game setting, feel free to fucking wear it.
Just go for the full plaid rather than the normal modern kilt, as that is a relatively modern invention, along with clan tartans.
>>
>>8961749
>>8961857
So what you're saying is, my hottopic goth kilt is ok?
>>
File: pike.jpg (36KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
pike.jpg
36KB, 720x405px
>>8961857
>>8961857
>Scottish LARPer
>If a kilt is appropriate for your game setting, feel free to fucking wear it.
Is it wrong if i just imagined you saying this in the most stereotypical accent with your probably redhaired beard and your bagpipes somwhere.

I just dont get it, why do people complain so much about cultural apropriation.

there were like 4 cultures back in the days.

They were the elves, the dwarves the Canadians and the humans.

Anyways, my group want to build pic related but maybe with a layer of plastidip on it to make it look more wooden and less pool noodlish. and we are currently talking about what to get and we'll construct a bunch of them next month, i'll take some pic and try to make a tutorial.
>>
>>8961879
I just shared those of FB the other day. Im waiting for the dollar store to get some in.
>>
>>8961879
I'm not 100% on rules or safety but couldn't you just use sticks and not sharpen them ?
Free and pretty safe... I mean I'm sure there's always "that one guy" but if we can hold each other to be mature enough to handle a stick I'm sure it's safe.
>>
File: 1332209682208.jpg (269KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1332209682208.jpg
269KB, 1024x768px
>>8962250
How are you supposed to bodily throw a man into them then? The point of foam is to allow safe contact with minimum protection.

Like these here foam, working beartraps!
>>
File: Shitkit2 - cgledit.jpg (72KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Shitkit2 - cgledit.jpg
72KB, 540x960px
Returning to a LARP that I've not been to for two years. Probably one of the better games in America.

I know this is pretty garbage, played a pirate (only thing im reusing was the not period belt and the shitty not period shoes) last time and found myself not liking the play style, so I've decided to do a more combat oriented character.

Going for a Saxon type character who will 'civilize' over time. Hungarian linked the Medieval Tailors Assistant to me a while back and that's been helpful. One of the first things I'm thinking of doing is either ditching the gambeson in favor of a regular tunic or getting one that fits better.

Apologies for the state of my dorm living room
>>
>>8962454
Don't be afraid to show your face, we're all shameless.

The current gamby doesn't look bad at all. How is it not fitting right? Binding somewhere? Add a long sleeved shirt or tunic under that, and it would look better.
>>
>>8962467
Thank you and sorry, first time poster in that regard. I'm thinking the same thing regarding the tunic, the sleeves are just very big on the gamby.
>>
>>8962487
Its designed for wearing clothing under. that looseness is good.
>>
>>8962489
Should have known that to be honest, thank you again for your help, you guys are always great.
>>
>>8962439
Ah, those are sweet!
I just kind of assumed whoever would be smashed into them would be armored up.
I also tend to think humans aren't that fragile. I suppose I should think of it more like an intentional mosh pit with sticks and yeah I can see the issue.
As for making them look more wood like, plastidip takes paint pretty well. Shoot spraypaints through some kind of mesh?
I mean, I'm not talking hand crafted beautiful sticks but I don't think that would break anyone's immersion at the expense of time and money.
>>
Hey, I was trying to find the Shashka saber that mytholon used to sell, but I cant find it anywhere.
Anyone know where I might procure one?
>>
>>8962796
>Shashka saber that mytholon used to sell

Foam or steel sword?

And by the way guys its not a good time to be shopping on Mytholon right now, their customer support is slow as fuck and their delivery handling is a mess. Made an order three weeks ago and I got the wrong items in the first parcel, the second one got returned by DHL for improper packaging and they didn't even take care of it or notify me until I called and asked whats happening. One of the items were also out of stock and they emailed me about it two weeks after the order was made.

Spring rush I suppose?
>>
>>8963137
foam of course.
I think it might have gotten lost as they updated their site layout. At least, that is what I hope. would be a shame to lose access to such an unusual weapon.
>>
Bampuru!
>>
>>8964287
Bump limit reached

New thread >>8964451
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.