[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Embarrassing Friends/Family Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 47

The old one is gone so share the tales of your lolita/cosplay/weeb family, friends, coworkers, etc.
Also share any stories of yourself being the embarrassing one or families embarrassing you over your hobbies!
>>
>>8939257
>salty cunts no fun allowed: the thread
>>
File: 1439585665239.gif (278KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1439585665239.gif
278KB, 640x360px
>grandma is understanding of cosplay
>she and mom have been taking me to conventions since I was a teen
>grandma's friends sort of know what I do
>basically "Anon goes to comic con!"
>grandma's new friend doesn't know much about me
>grandma casually mentions I'd been out of state for a convention when asked where I was
>didn't see anything odd about it

>fast forward a few months
>seeing more of grandma's friend
>lady is nice enough but I tend to tune out my grandma's friends
>lady waits until my grandma has left the room to tell me she found me on facebook
>says she went through my photos (everything on my FB is strictly private aside from my convention albums so people can tag themselves)
>gushes about how pretty I looked in my costume
>keeps gushing when my grandma comes back
>on her way out the door decides to impart some wisdom
>"You should put makeup on every day so you'll look pretty like in those photos!"
>yeah ok whatever

>fast forward again
>keeps asking me when my next convention is every time we go out to eat with her
>asks me what costumes I'm working on
>find it a little annoying because I only go to two conventions a year so I have to keep repeating myself
>still, don't think much of it
>"Oh by the way anon, I was at a family reunion and one of my nephews is into that comic book stuff!"
>that's nice
>"Yeah, I showed him your picture, that one from the convention!"
>you what
>too flabbergasted to say anything
>this old lady has been flashing my photos to people?
>wonder if she's trying to set me up with one of her nephews or something
>she acts like she hasn't admitted to it and hasn't brought it up since
>I know she's keeping tabs on my FB (even though my friend request access is strictly friends of friends only) because she's sent me a random message on there asking where my grandma and I wanted to eat for lunch one day
>just know she's waiting for more photos to drop to show off to single relatives
>mfw my next cosplay is a man
>>
Anyone have a larger version of OP pic?
>>
>>8939282
Oh anon, don't be such a grump. This is really sweet!
Old ladies don't generally have a great grasp on personal space and stuff. At least she's a friendly one and not some bitter old bitch.
>>
>brother is builtfat blacksmith
>big burly beard, strong arms
>wears a tight pastel shirt that says "Magical Girl"

Not sure if I'm embarrassed or proud. It's a weird feeling.
>>
>>8940311
I actually don't think it's really that sweet? I had been ok with finding out she dug through FB to find me since I told her outright I don't add family (for obvious reasons) and then gone through my public con pictures but I drew the line at her taking my pictures showing them to her own relatives and who knows who else without asking first, especially showing men my photos because "You're nearly 30, when are you going to get married?"
I'm homo, lady. I ain't marrying your nephew or any other comic book geeks in your family just so my grandma and you can be in-laws.

>>8940315
Be proud. That sounds amazing.
>>
>>8940315
That sounds cute.
>>
>>8940316
So you're mad she's showing off the only public pictures you have on your facebook? I'm not saying that its not weird, but if those pictures are public, why are you upset that people you don't know and control are seeing them?
>>
>>8940316
I f you don't want her showing people your public photos, make them private.
>>
>>8940315
Post pics. Is he good looking?
>>
>>8940346
>>8940350
Yeah I'm going to make them private. I didn't mind when it was her, it just irked me when she took them and showed them off to people I didn't even know. I'm just hoping she hasn't saved them to her phone or something.
>>
>>8940353
I dunno, he's my brother. Yes, I guess? Has good facial symmetry, shiny gold hair, and nice eyes. I won't post pics, though, he wouldn't appreciate it.
>>
My and my brothers took over the family business a few years ago. I'm not a people person as it is and I have a very understanding wife and teenage daughters. But I cause a few issues from time to time especially when I come to work in my kisuke urahara costume. Especially on days when I have to meet with clients
>>
>>8940418
Why though?
>>
>>8940429
Because I own 60% of the company and I don't have anything to with clients unless I have to. Im only in the office about 3 times a month. Also it doesn't help im agoraphobic.
>>
>>8940461
I don't think you having majority ownership of a company explains why you think going to work in a costume is okay, especially when you know it causes issues sometimes. Is it the only thing that helps with your agoraphobia?
>>
>>8940311
I've got to agree with everyone else, you're reading too much into this. She thinks you're doing something really awesome, and wants to tell someone else with the same interests about it. My parents do this all the time with my cosplay photos and their friends; it's not malicious. Your albums are public so there's no reason for her to think that they're off limits... Either make them private or create a cosplay-only FB account that you can upload public con photos to.
>>
>>8940481
It's the only thing I wear out of the house
>>
File: conceal don't feel.gif (2MB, 169x169px) Image search: [Google]
conceal don't feel.gif
2MB, 169x169px
>make new FB just for lolita because that's where all the comm shit is at
>only friend like three good friends and some girls from my comm
>explain to my mom that I don't want to friend her because I don't want the rest of the family to find me, since their nosy bullshit made me delete my previous normal FB
>she understands
>I go my frilly lolita way
>a few months later I get a friend request from my cousin
>fuck that, how? I'm using a fake name and everything
>more friend requests start flooding in from cousins and aunts and grandma and even some great aunts I didn't even know existed
>turns out my mom told her mom that I have a new FB "but it's a secret so don't tell anyone else!!1"
>grandma immediately told everyone else
>next family thing everyone is asking me about my ~weird~ profile picture (i.e. me with curled hair and a simple classic headdress) and my ~secret~ profile ooooh are you in a cult anon don't you want to be associated with us anon ooooohhhh WHY ARE YOU SO WEIRD ANON
>grandma somehow decides that this must be why I, unlike my cousins, don't have children yet
>nothing to do with the fact that I'm the only one in the family working towards a university degree and my fiancé and I want to have our lives together before shitting out babies unlike my cousins who got preggers straight out of high school
>nope, must be that IW headdress and the super secret cult FB profile, clearly dick repellant
>>
>>8940512
This is both hilarious and so embarrassing. I'm so sorry about your family.
>>
>>8940512
similar thing happened to me
but my relatives are all pretty chill so they actually like/comment on stuff and aren't dicks. i have a great aunt who sends me info about upcoming cons in her area, it's cute
>>
>>8940418
do you design custom security systems?
>>
Yeah.....
>>
>>8940671
we hired your company for are calabasas home you saved us a fortune
>>
>>8940512
>fuck that, how? I'm using a fake name and everything
Fucking this, I didn't even tell anyone yet somehow my mum and grandma found me. Fake name as well, fake details.
>>
>>8940676
Your welcome
>>
>>8940681
>>8940512
I actually had this happen to me. I had no family on my FB and while my name was correct, it was pretty generic and I never set my location but every time I log in it shows me family members to add.
Turns out it's because I have FB on my phone so it'll take contacts from your phone or something and show them on your FB if they have one.

Odds are if your relatives have your number in your phone and you use that number for your FB, it'll pop up with your account.
>>
Any one have any relevant copypastas or caps?
>>
>>8940363
Can you draw me a picture of him?
>>
>>8939282
Everyone else is shitting on you but I feel how awkward that is.
>FB profile picture is always me in a cosplay I feel good in because it's the only time I ever put effort into my looks
>Most of the time it's from a photoshoot including my bf
>Profile picture for about a year is bf and I in a shitty cosplay
>Go to visit grandma
>She asks me how to do something on her computer, we go into her home office
>On the wall is my facebook profile picture
>I don't have her or any family on facebook
>I'm cut out of it and it's just my boyfriend
>>
>>8940315
The only reason I want to get buff is so I can wear mahou shoujo shirts.
Good on your bro.
>>
>at grandmother's wake
>chatting with family I never see b/c I live on the other side of the country
>the preacher is standing with group of my cousins and I
>one of the cousins asks if I still cosplay
>preacher perks up, says he's seen Hero's of Cosplay
>ohboyherewego.jpg
>he asks if "I do the cosplay"
>politely say yes and assure him I do it for fun and my costumes are tame and non-sexy, b/c you know, church.
>was hella awkward, but I still giggle about the exchange two years later.
>>
>>8942205
Holy shit anon, mine's nothing compared to that. What on earth possessed her to cut you out of the image?
>>
>>8940486
....is this a troll?
>>
>>8942353
Definitely
>>
>>8942205
You might want to make sure your boyfriend isn't related to you in some vague way.
>>
I have an embarrassing friend one.
>Crazy girl transferred halfway through school
>Extremely insecure, had to compare herself to everyone and always come out on top, desperate to talk shit about people and backtracked immediately as soon as they heard about it, trying to pin the blame on whoever had told them, used to snatch people's tests from their hands to look at their marks and laugh about how much better hers was, shit like that
>Hated by all for obvious reasons, will call her Piggu-chan because she looks like a pig
A few weeks ago I was out with a lolita friend of mine. She's really new to the fashion so I lend her pieces quite often until she can get her own, she always takes good care of them and we get on really well.
Who should we run into but Piggu-chan. I know she hasn't recognized me (wig and contacts) so I don't worry about it too much.
>Newbie-chan wanders off while I look at food
>Comes back looking slightly disturbed
>'Anon, I ran into this girl in the bathroom, she said she knows you...'
>HOW
>'She wanted to tell me that fetishes are for the bedroom and while I was trying to calm her down I ended up mentioning your name...'
>Oh shit, here comes the shitstorm, I prepare myself for the inevitable
>Facebook request from Piggu-chan, I don't accept it, she spams me for a fortnight until I give in, I hardly post there anyway
>'HEY ANON WHY ARE YOU INTO FUCKING BABIES AND PISSING YOURSELF IN PUBLIC I WANT YOU TO KNOW THIS IS THE WRONG PATH LET ME HELP YOU COME TO CHURCH WITH ME AND I CAN GIVE YOU SOME GUIDANCE'
>Now hold on a minute, this isn't Piggu-chan's normal approach, she hates discussing sex and fetishes, her profile pic is just a pixelated cheesy message so I might have made a mistake
>Before I get a chance to respond I get another message
>'HEY ANON COME MEET ME AT THE TRAIN STATION ON SATURDAY WE NEED TO TALK'
>OK, I can do that
>And then all hell broke loose.
>>
>>8943057
Fffff I'm hitting F5 so hard
>>
>>8943057
>Went to station in extremely casual coord, the sort that would be frowned upon in 2006, just in case she tried to call me a baby-fucker in public
>Station has shops on top and trains below, agreed to meet her near entrance by shops
>It was Piggu chan, waiting there. Piggu-chan decides to unleash five years of bragging on me. Piggu-chan has no indoor voice.
>'Hey anon, I want you to know that those clothes are unacceptable for a woman of your age'
>'I am doing you a favour here, you must stop parading your fetish around in public like this'
>'I got a 1.1 in my degree and I'm going to do another two degrees and my professors say I'm the most gifted student they've ever had while you're here wearing baby clothes to a train station'
>'I make three times my student debt per month and spend the money on charitable donations towards good causes what are you doing with your life anon huh tell me I need to know'
>'I recently met some of our old teachers and told them about your sad path and they all feel sorry for you and I want you to know how much I feel sorry for you too but I always told you that you could come to me for help and you never did so it's your fault really'
>People are staring
>I recognise a couple of people, they knew Piggu-chan from school, they're recording her autism and sending me sympathetic looks
>'That's nice Piggu-chan, did you make me come all the way here so you could sperg out in public or what'
>'I'm not acting in any inappropriate way, I don't know why you're suggesting I am, I'm not poor and make lots of money and am perfect, you fuck babies, I know you do because your clothes are funny'
>Okay
>Start backing away, Piggu-chan takes this as a sign that she's right and advances on me like a convention hambeast on their waifu
>Security comes along and politely asks her to stop harassing me, tries to be discreet
>She flips her shit and starts sobbing and howling about how she's only trying to help
>>
>>8943057
>>8943083
This is a new level of delusion.
>>
Is this a thing, like an inside joke? I know a black smith IRL who wore a Sailor Moon shirt to a artisan festival, and there is a picture of Gropey floating around of him black smithing in a pink shirt that says "Kawaii as fuck".
>>
>>8943097
It's something us non manly men will never understand, much less get into the club.
>>
>>8943097
Manly men in kawaii shit has always been funny. It's like the "real men wear pink" thing only the modern version. Honestly as stupid and overplayed as it is, I still kinda genuinely love it. Makes me smile. Not in a "ha ha if you wear pink your gay" thing, but just the contrast and irony. It's kinda cute.

Unless your from tumblr, where nobody has a sense of humor at all. Yikes.

>>8943057
Holy crap man you were brave to even put up with her. I've had to deal with some obnoxious and ignorant people but that sounds way extreme.
>>
>>8943083
>Security was clearly extremely embarrassed about it, he was trying to calm her down and shooting me sympathetic looks, motioning for me to leave
>I legged it out of there, managed to hear him ask her to call her parents to pick her up
>Dash home and scream into pillow
>Facebook friend request from one of the girls I saw at the station, accept it
>'Hey anon, are you alright? I didn't know Piggu-chan was so intense, I found her mum on Facebook and sent her the video we recorded, she said she'd deal with it'
>Thank her for her good work, ask her to keep me updated because I really don't want to deal with that bitch for a while
>Basically, Piggu-chan was deep in denial
>She couldn't stand not being better than me, so instead of trying to find out what I was up to and one-upping me like usual she decided to fling spaghetti in public because in her sad little brain I was the one who would be seen as crazy
>She hadn't even graduated yet and her teachers had frequent discussions with her parents about her grades and attitude, were only nice because they thought she had something wrong with her
>A day or two later I learn that she's taken some time off school to relax a bit, 'because she's so advanced everyone else will fall behind otherwise' according to her
>She pesters me on Facebook a few times a week but only at night, I think her parents are monitoring her by day, afaik she's being given therapy in the most roundabout way possible in case she throws another shitfit
>Her parents always told her she was wonderful and better than everyone and Very Special and now she can't function like a normal human, friend told me she met her brother and he wants to thank me for making them deal with her crazy after years of this bullshit
>Hopefully I will never see her again
Sorry for the wait, btw, my laptop died.
>>
>>8943106
>It's something us non manly men will never understand, much less get into the club.

Considering I lack the anatomy to even be an unmanly man I am ok with this.
>>
>>8939282
>Post pictures on kikebook
>Complains when other people shoe them around

Do you even understand what public means? Have you read FB eula and TOS? Did you watch citizen four? Wake the fuck up.
>>
>>8939282
Oh that's just awful!
She actually is interested in what you're doing? AND showing pictures around that you made available to the public? Geeze louise, get your head out of your ass. Don't want everybody to see your photos, make them private or available only to friends. Idiot.
>>
>>8939282
I have a similar story, so I know how you feel, anon. It's kinda uncomfortable but I do have to agree that you shouldn't be that hard on the old lady. The pics were public after all and she seemed enthusiastic about your hobby. However, I know how it is anon. Only my pics were private:

>compile a photobook of my cosplays as a christmas gift for mom
>she absolutely loves it
>tell her that I'd like to keep this kinda private since i made it only for her
>visit again a few months later
>book is openly displayed on her book shelf in the living room
>i know she often gets visitors
>"oh anon, my friends loved your photos, you look so pretty and i'm so proud"
>"...... thanks, mom.... but i told you I wanted to keep this private. Please put the book somewhere else"
>another few months back at home again
>book is safely put away
>get invited to dinner at neighbours house
>all together at the dinner table
>"hey anon, i told [neighbour] about your pretty photos. They'd like to see them. Maybe you could bring the book over after dinner and show them?"
>my facial features just freeze and I scream internally

Really, sometimes I wonder what kind of weird grasp family members have on "keep it private". I know my mom is just proud of me, but still.... I fucking told her several times. However, I think she got it now after i somewhat angrily ranted at her after this dinner.

Doesn't help that I eventually did have to show the book to our neighbours which included photos of crossplays, one more revealing costume and one gag cosplay of a drag queen. Awkward.
>>
>>8943793
Bonus:
When the page with the drag queen cosplay came up I was quite happy that none of my neighbours commented on the beard and fake hairy legs.
>they were in the middle of turning to the next page
>suddenly, mom happens: "hey anon, why do you have a beard in those photos again?"
>cry internally
>>
>>8943057
>>
>>8939282
Jesus.
>>
>>8943127

Are you american by any chance? I've noticed that shit like that happens waaay more frequently in the states.

I don't understand crazy people at all, honestly.
>>
File: 1456751572960.gif (721KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1456751572960.gif
721KB, 446x251px
>>8939257
>My parents watched me as I built my first cosplay.
>Me father would make remarks 'nerd, lol' but nothing much beyond that.
>He was actually impressed with how it turned out despite it being my first cosplay.
>Neither of my parents really understand what cosplay is, they think it's a halloween costume party out of season.

>Fast forward a few weeks
>Friends of the family come over for supper
>"Hey, why don't you put on your nerd costume and show it off?" me father says.
>I turn beet red and try to brush it off as something not important.
>He keeps pushing and I finally bring in a piece of the costume.

I don't mind the praise I got but this is not a hobby I flaunt to just anybody.
>>
>>8939282
>everyone acting like they wouldn't feel a tiny bit weird about their family member's random friend taking the time to keep finding them on Facebook and showing other random people photographs of them, public or not

stay gold cgl
>>
>>8939282
It's awkward, granted, but having old people gush about how pretty you are and being into the idea of cosplay is better than them being against it. Old lady resentment is horrible.

The only thing I can really think of which is actually annoying is when they find hugely awkward nerds and try to set-up "play date" type scenarios or convince you to take them to cons with you. They don't realise you're not some 14 year old weeaboo who'll hang out with anyone if they even say the word 'anime' in your direction, even though I'm sure they mean well.
>>
Two stories, first one slightly related to embarrassing grandparents since this seems to be the theme:

>used to live near my grandma and went to the same church as her up until I was about 15 and moved away
>grandma knows all about my cosplaying, thinks it's lovely
>grandma naturally boasts about it to all her friends, including those at church
>few years later parents ask me to meet them at a cafe to catch up with some old friends
>go in and find out they weren't talking about their old friends, but two of my old childhood friends from church who I haven't spoken to in like 10 years are there and I find out they married recently and are expecting a kid
>childhood friends know all about my cosplaying, husband is now a massive nerd himself and seems excited about going to a con since my grandma once told him ages ago when he was still a teenager I could probably go to a con with him
>tries to flirt with me in front of his pregnant wife asking about sexy costumes I've worn
>head in hands, praying for the first time in 10 years for it all to be over
>luckily guy never contacts me again
>tell grandma not to ever suggest to someone I can take them to a con
>she still does it, mainly to kids half my age and a hundred times more weeaboo than I ever was or can put up with
>cry eternally
>>
>>8940512
Itt: Reasons to cut all ties with family, the post
>>
>>8948776
Second story (shorter):

>still rather young at this time, few years after I moved away from my grandma
>come back home from volunteering at a Japanese themed event
>friend is with me, stopped by my place so I could change out of my cosplay
>friend is still in her cosplay
>yell to my parents we're going out for dinner
>they don't know I've changed
>friend goes to the bathroom while I go out to the car
>friend comes out front door
>my mother runs out screaming "Anon, you can't go out dressed like that! Normal people might see you!!"
>grabs my friend by the shoulder
>horrified when she realises it's my friend and not me
>laugh my ass off in the car when my mother starts apologising madly
>mother has since changed her mind about my cosplaying in public for stuff
>>
>>8948776
This is my nightmare right here. My grandmother is always telling me stories and showing me pictures of the little hellions that girls I used to be friends with 10+ years ago have spawned as if I really care. She's fine with my cosplaying but she does tend to make that the only thing she mentions, especially if she thinks the person she's talking to is "into that" or knows anything about it.
Suddenly glad there aren't any children over the age of 8 in my church and I'm the only one between the ages of 10 - 30.
>>
A close friend of mine just recently got into cosplay/conventions, but their idea of 'cosplay' is extremely casual...
> "I'll just use my real hair for this cosplay!"
> "I'll just wear/use (item completely unrelated to the cosplay) instead of (actual piece of costume that requires some craftsmanship)" eg. Using Kill La Kill scissor sword for RWBY cosplay
> "My cosplay will be 'schoolgirl late for school'"! (Just running around with a piece of soggy toast in mouth)
>wants to cosplay with me but doesn't have an actual costume. "I can just use my regular clothes!"
>finally persuaded them to buy an actual costume and now they want to wear it everywhere. Eg. Not convention places, just to go hangout/fast food places.
>whathaveidone.jpg
>>
>>8948878
All you can hope is that they'll grow out of their weeb stage relatively soon.
>>
>>8940512
holy fucking hell that gif
>>
>>8942205
lmao your grandma wants your bf's dick
>>
File: 1430878309146.jpg (86KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1430878309146.jpg
86KB, 500x446px
>>8942843
I'm not even related to my grandma.
>>8949262
Bruh
>>
>>8940315
>bf is stockybuilt longhaired bearded /k/ommando type
>regularly steals my shirts while at home cus "girl shirts are softer and have bigger neckholes"
>he was running late and actually went to work yesterday wearing my bright purple vneck Batgirl shirt
>>
>>8940363
>Has good facial symmetry, shiny gold hair, and nice eyes
Your brother is a golden retriever?
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 350x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 350x266px
>>8948878
>>8948878
> "My cosplay will be 'schoolgirl late for school'"! (Just running around with a piece of soggy toast in mouth)
>>
>>8948776
My grandma thankfully doesn't do this, but her friends do.
>used to be in sewing guild with grandma back when i lived at home
>its basically a 'stitch and bitch' club for mostly older women if you haven't heard of them before
>i mostly brought in my non-cosplay stuff to work on, but brought in a few pieces mostly for getting advice on fitting or embroidery
>one of the women gets way too excited about it and says her son is also a cosplayer
>always tells me what the newest cosplay he's working on is
>mostly toonami/4kids stuff but hey nostalgia is cool i guess?
>after a year or so she actually manages to drag him in to the meeting
>introduces us and adds a super cringy wink while mentioning he broke up with his girlfriend recently
>"so anon are you a junior or a senior? I know I've seen you at school before"
>"...I'm the German teacher's TA. I graduated 6 years ago"
>he goes red and mumbles that he's a freshman
>tldr grandma's friend tried to set me up with her 15 year old when I was 25
>>
File: you what.gif (555KB, 168x126px) Image search: [Google]
you what.gif
555KB, 168x126px
>>8949271
>I'm not even related to my grandma.
>>
>>8949375
Their grandpa could have married someone else, anon. I have a grandma I'm not related to.
>>
>>8949370
>not rocking his world
c'mon anon
>>
>>8949375
Not OP but what is adoption? Either anon is or her parents were because both my parents were adopted so I'm literally related to no one in my family aside from parents and siblings.
>>
>>8949387
Or what >>8949380 said and her grandfather remarried but she said grandmother instead of step-grandmother so who knows.
>>
>>8949375
>>8949380
>>8949387
>>8949389
OP of that post here, as >>8949387 guessed, my mother was adopted, so I'm not related to anyone on my mothers side of the family
Sage for OT
>>
>>8949380
>>8949387
I'm aware, I just think their way of putting it was funny.
>>
>mom starts new job
>place is kind of nerdy, lots of younger people, mostly men working there
>feels like she needs to prove "nerd cred" to fit in
>starts telling stories about her daughter that cosplays
>don't really mind it, she's not mentioning my name
>one day a couple of them ask her "wait do you mean___?"
>turns out they follow me
>she tells me this
>show her my page, mom didn't know I was "sexy"
>she freaks out
>but her coworkers still think she's cool
>>
>>8949384
anon have you seen the average 15 year old naruto fan

not exactly some early 1D!Zayn going on here
>>
>>8943083
Oh man something similar happened to me! Except I hardly knew the girl and only met her like a week before. She just suddenly cornered me (in an isolated place though, not in public) and told me I was making all the wrong life choices and everyone I knew was disappointed in me and wanted nothing to do with me and they'd much rather be her friend instead. It was weird as hell, and actually downright scary because if she decided to try and tear my face off to wear it as a mask there was nobody around to hear my screams.
I told my mother what happened later and she didn't believe me because "she can be a bit blunt but deep down I'm sure she's very nice, anon". Urgh.
>>
>>8953287
I had one of these too. We had one class together and at first she very firmly attached herself to me as "bff4ever", but then after a year or so she suddenly had religious issues with my hobbies (I cosplayed from Hellsing once, basically). This led to a very public and very embarrassing "friend break up" in the hallway in which she started screaming that she was just trying to save me from the satanic blood drinking animes. It later came to light that she was also convinced the reason no boys wanted to date her was because since I was a geek and we were friends, therefore boys thought she was a geek and boys don't like geeky girls. Definitely this, and not that she read anti-abortion poetry out loud in class and had the names of her celebrity husbandos carved into her leg.

Ten years later and she sent me a friend request on FB. She still works at the same place in the same part time position she did when we were 17, and she has been making public obvious and painful "hints" at her boyfriend that he needs to propose... for the last 3 years.
>>
>>8948760
>find hugely awkward nerds and try to set-up "play date" type scenarios
I had this happen to me once. Some well-intentioned soul had told my aunt that her son was 'a little bit awkward at times' and wanted us to hang out to see if he could find a friend. He turned out to be cool, but my aunt wouldn't stop tossing awkward weebs at me 'because the first one worked so the others will too!!! Don't be rude anon!!!'
It got to the point where she would literally just drop people off at my door without any prior warning and I had to set up a massive 'play date' for her with like twenty old Jehova's Witnesses (she's an insufferable Catholic) at her house to get her to leave me alone.
>>
>>8954774
>I had to set up a massive 'play date' for her with like twenty old Jehova's Witnesses (she's an insufferable Catholic) at her house to get her to leave me alone.
>>
>>8942396
No. I want this to be true. I want it to be true so badly.
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 1024x1534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 1024x1534px
>>
>>8956464
Wrong thread?
>>
> at convention
> runs into a friend at convention whom I haven't seen in a long time
> tells her I'm helping out with the lolita fashion panel
> "Oh, I went to the one last year! It was so fun and informative! Nice costume, btw!"
> I was wearing lolita fashion at the time
> mfw
>>
All of my family and relatives know about cosplay and little "fame" I have (I'm not really famous tho)

They keep telling their friends' children and I still get a phone call every month from them "x wants to meet you when you visit" etc

Sometimes friends of my little sister recognise me and my sis brags about me, they're dying to meet me

I look like a potato in real life, have anxiety and I REALLY REALLY REALLY dont want to meet with anyone.

I hate visiting their cities, because seriously... I might have to stop seeing my family because of it, it makes me crazy.

crisis averted.
>>
>>8954774
>but my aunt wouldn't stop tossing awkward weebs at me 'because the first one worked so the others will too!!! Don't be rude anon!!!'
It got to the point where she would literally just drop people off at my door without any prior warning

Aunt or not, I would have called the cops on her.
>>
File: 1458973508049.gif (1MB, 352x232px) Image search: [Google]
1458973508049.gif
1MB, 352x232px
>>8956464
Aww, thats cute!

Anyways, heres mine.

>Pops, bro and I take a car trip from CA to WA to visit uncle
>We get there spend a day unwinding from trip
>We hop in a larger vehicle to take a trip to Seattle
>Get there
>TallBuildings.jpg
>Dad goes "Anon, look its your friends!"
>By sheer fucking coincidence theres a convention going on the same day
>CosplayersEverywhere.png
>Dads cracks a couple of jokes
>Embarassed

I have another uncle that cracks a one or two every time I visit.

>"So anon, you still watching those chinese porn cartoons?"

I have yet to make a clever rebuttal....

Another one about my mother and her friends. Apparently they managed to sneak in without badges and explore the con a bit, confused by the Homestuck cosplayers and the topless guys wearing pikachu ears and calling it "cosplay" that are in desperate need of attention.
>>
>>8966998
>"So anon, you still watching those chinese porn cartoons?"
Why, you got any good recommendations for me?
>>
>Friend had in her head she's gonna be the next nigri
> k whatever but she slowly descends closer and closer to cam girl who uses cosplay to get horndogs to buy her shit
>a post from her pops up that she's selling nsfw Sonico on redbubble
>"Don't shame me for my sexiness!!!!!!!" No one ever des cause her 6k likes are bots and horn dogs
>checks it, she's selling herself for 15-30 $
>...it fucking lists the city she's from on the side
> "Anon we should totally do Sonico cosplay sometimes!!"
>fml
>>
>>8970319
I never understand why people do this. Posting racy pics is one thing, but including your city is just plain stupid.
>>
>Me be 13
>In middle school during Animu club
>Enter this dweeby girl, let's call her J
>Would try and creep on everyone and force them to read her weird Hentai Yaoi
>Saw two guys kiss IRL
>She starts screaming
>Wot.jpg
>Turns out she's homophobic
>Starts to spew out how they're going to hell
>Runs screaming to the main office to complain
> TFW Spaghetti falls out of my pocket.
>>
>>8970576
>force them to read her weird Hentai Yaoi
>Turns out she's homophobic
>Starts to spew out how they're going to hell.

I'll never get people like this.
>>
>>8970450
That was my issue. I could care less she's being a ho. But her photos are fucking easy to trace to her two profiles cosplay 'personal' and her real personal that she has with her parents who don't know she's being a ho online.
Though I'm sure they suspect since she put her wishlist up and it's blown up shipping to the house.
>>
Remembered another cringe friend just had a baby
>Named the baby geek names have fun in school I guess kid
>Drags that 6 month old to events then brags about how popular the baby is
>Whines when people point out that her baby shouldn't be up until 11 because her and weeb bf are up that late
>Been in skype with her where the baby is clearly screaming because she has nothing to do and or up way late
>Friend just baby talks at her and says "Oh she misses her daddy!"
>No your kid is miserable cause the most you stimulate her with is anime on your laptop. Not to mention have no actual baby toys just geek plushies and shit
>Is gonna drag this poor listless infant to Pax East where they have a no stroller rule for crowding reasons for 3 days

I've spoken with a Cs friend who told me even if the kid is just miserable as all hell. She's not malnourished or visibly unhealthy/abused so it'd be a wasted case on a social worker.

I'm just waiting for the kid to go nuclear on them when she's old enough.
>>
>>8970864
Poor thing. I can't fucking stand assholes like that who don't have any considerations for their kids needs.
>taking baby to con for three days without a stroller.
Well they can at least take turns wearing a baby sling, but that still gets fucking heavy after a while.
>>
>be 15 in high school
>convince friend to wear cosplay to school cuz "I will do it too it will be ok!!"
>Day rolls around I don't wear cosplay
>She comes in full naruto get up
>I even skip the 1st two classes we had together
>we are no longer friends
At least I got a good laugh out of it.
>>
>>8970917
Hahaha no, she'll be doing the leg work. Bf was cheating on her all last year. Only reason he's sticking with her now is because of said miserable infant.
Not to mention she already dragged the infant to AB passed 10pm.
It's pretty sad when you consider there's a girl who brings her pretty chill corgi to cons here and has strict allotted times out otherwise in the hotel. And they make fun of her for being an 'insane' pet parent. Hey at least she cares for her own.
>>
>have family gathering
>some family members I haven't seen in a few years
>wear toned down lolita
>uncle comes up to me
>"hey anon, I didn't know you watch mangos"
>"a-actually the cartoons are called anime and no I don't really watch it"
>"oh I didn't know you watched Japanese squid porn, nor that you dressed like it too"
>he's loud as hell

>lateron have to explain to grandma that she can't be an annimay herself and that it's just a style of animation
>she really doesn't get it, is convinced she's a living annimay because she has a slender chin
>gets angry at me for saying she's not
>>
File: Fuck this gay earth.jpg (105KB, 277x377px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck this gay earth.jpg
105KB, 277x377px
>>8966998
> chinese porn cartoons
I feel you anon. Every time my father sees me on my computer alone he asks me if I'm "still watching that anime porn at my age". Like fuck, I'm doing homework, move along.
Doesn't help that my grandmother thats losing her hearing heard "animal porn" and has started keeping her distance from me and sending me books on "finding jesus" and "getting back on the right track" instead of cards on my birthday as well as trying to get my uncle to convert me from my animal fucking ways.

Jist of the story is that dad jokes can go wrong fast.
>>
>>8970933
Yeah. That kid is going to be miserable and a little shot with a mom like that.

I'm a parent, I've taken my kid to con. But I always try to leave early enough so the kid can be rested. Last con we went to, we left a bit before 8. I wish people understood that babies and toddlers need their fucking sleep.
>>
>>8971599
Saw their baby and another infant at the swap meet that started around 8 ending I think at 10-11. Both right under the giant speakers. Sure both kids couldn't sleep all night with the ringing in their ears
>>
>>8970864
not really that related, but my relatives' 10 month old kid has a sleep cycle that actually involves staying up until 11pm-12am. she takes three-four naps during the day, but a kid being up at 11 isn't really that weird, especially when she's only 6 months old and probably still has a weird short cycle of sleep and awake. however I am sad for the kid in your story, it's obvious she's not getting the attention she deserves
>>
File: realhomo.jpg (113KB, 631x606px) Image search: [Google]
realhomo.jpg
113KB, 631x606px
>>8970576
>>8970787
>>
>>8972086
Yea but kids who have those sleeps tend to be more stimulated. The baby in the story likely is kept up by the parents weeb shit which is why the anon was concerned. They did say they'd been in skype calls with the kid just screaming
>>
File: tumblr_o5juumEpM61sjiojbo1_540.png (27KB, 540x94px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5juumEpM61sjiojbo1_540.png
27KB, 540x94px
>>8970864
>Named the baby geek names have fun in school I guess kid
>>
>>8972961
pfft Had a friend in high school name her daughter Inu-Yasha
>>
>>8939257
> have a current roommate
> we've become good friends since the lease has started, we start discussing hobbies and interests
> I like the Animu and Cosupray
> she starts getting into it, going through all of the average weeb steps
> come home, she has about twenty boxes of pocky and various snacks from the asian market
> watching Kuroshit, SNK, all of those super popular ones
> eventually brings up the idea of her wanting to cosplay
> Oh, okay, I've been doing it for about eight years, so I can definitely help you
> assume she wants help with how she poses the conversation
> she starts complaining about certain things that I say she might not want to do
> I'm being way too gentle
> "anon, I think for this leather jacket I'll just buy a black trench coat and put duct tape on it, nobody will know the difference!"
> okay
> has a male character with chin-length hair that's choppy
> pic related
> she has hair down to her lower back that's all one layer
> "Anon, I'm just going to tie up the back of my hair and let my bangs down, it'll look just like his!"
> "nobody's going to be able to tell the difference"
> "cardboard will work perfectly for the sword, what are you talking about???"
> mfw I have to fucking go around the convention in June with this trainwreck
>>
>>8976292
Run for it as quickly as you can.
>>
>>8976305
Yeah, I'm considering it. There's a character that I'm dressing up as that has a very, VERY short hairstyle that I haven't been able to replicate with a wig (believe me, I've tried) which is basically just super shaved on the sides. Long story short, she tried to use the fact that I'm using my real hair for one of my costumes (because I have literally no other option) against me without realizing that I'm styling three other wigs for this con?

> I hope she grows out of this
>>
>>8976316
Well, you could always tell her that you cutting your hair to fit a character is different than cramming a ponytail down the back of a jacket and hoping no one notices.
>>
>>8940512
Your family sounds like mine. are you latina?
>>
File: 1455512653333.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1455512653333.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>8970957
>grandmother thats losing her hearing heard "animal porn"
>sending me books on "finding jesus" and "getting back on the right track" instead of cards on my birthday
>>
>>8976316
It's cool anon. I cosplay jack(me3) and tank girl with my natural hair cause it sure as fuck looks better than blending a bald cap with a third of a wig. And i think with "natural" looking hair, it's better to not use a wig sometimes.
>>
File: 1457750030966.jpg (51KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1457750030966.jpg
51KB, 480x270px
>>8940512
i know this feel and i don't even post any lolita or cosplay on my page anymore.
>>
not my friend but my husbands old college friend
> 34 years old
> still lives in a college town with his parents
> still parties with college kids
> often befriends college freshmen
> asians in particular
> also anyone that looks like they would join the anime club
> attempts to participate in conversations with japanese people
> starts laughing hysterically when he understands like two words
> learns all his japanese from anime of course
>>
>>8976616
Is he a middle school teacher by any chance?
>>
File: pax babydrama.png (50KB, 629x189px) Image search: [Google]
pax babydrama.png
50KB, 629x189px
Update on weeb parent
Been blowing up facebook with OMG PAX IS SOO MEAN statuses

Apparently a convention in no way orientated for children, has no stroller rule. Is not helpful because they didn't bend over backwards to get her to Markiplier and Jackspecticeye

Apparently she's done with the 'fandoms' post included. I'm rather wondering if the baby baby will have an egg from being backed into because weeb dumbass can't come to gripes with she's a fucking parent.
>>
>>8976776
Someone brought a baby to PAX?
Man, con snacks these days are getting ridiculous.
>>
>>8976292
It's 2004 and I'm marrying this girl!
>>
>>8976784
Baby is brand new cosplay prop for her.
>>
>>8976790
All I read was
>Baby is brand
The fact my immediate thought was 'no shit Sherlock' tells me I've been here too long.
But anyway anon, babies make for horrible props. Last time I borrowed a baby as a prop, security peace bonded the diaper. The smell was atrocious, cosplay ruined!
>>
>>8976648
haha no
>>
>>8976776
Wait, she's complaining about her baby being knocked with a backpack in a crowded convention? Why would you even bring an infant to a con in the first place and then blame it on the fan base? And why is she complaining about a panel for some reason?
>>
>>8976776
I fucking hate people who bring small children to cons.
Your baby is going to cry, it's going to be miserable, you're going to be miserable, and you're going to make the rest of us miserable.
Get a baby sitter or don't come.
>>
>>8977453
Because the staff didn't get her in to see Markiplier and Jack. Also something about the fans being really loud? Like it's a con I'm not sure what she was expecting?
>>
>>8977480
But but anon how ever will they show off what cool awesome weeb parents they are.
>>
>>8976787
We are gonna need some more information to make sense of that.
>>
>>8970925
oh fuck you
>>
>>8977527
I'm making a joke about the con culture of the early 2000's.
>>
>>8977500
Having a crotchspawn automatically entitles you to skip the line? Clearly she must think that if she's so upset that toting an infant around doesn't get her special privileges.
>>
>>8970925
A friend did this to me in junior high school
>>
>>8977615
Well she wanted to show the youtubers thoooough. I think she had the fantasy in her head her baby was gonna be youtube famous
>>
My parents never understood that cosplay was something to be embarrassed about. They'd always show photos to everybody, and while it bothered me a bit, it absolutely drove my ex-GF nuts. (She was the much more active cosplayer of the two of us, I was more on the photography side.)

>>8977615
There are few things that drive me as nuts as people who bring their screaming brats to places and ruin them for everyone else, and then turn around and whine about not getting special treatment. I was at a restaurant at like 11PM the other day, and somehow I was completely surrounded by a sea of babies and small children. What are they even doing up that late?

>>8956464
Is it just me, or is she, um, not wearing something you'd usually wear under a skirt?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I always wanted my ex to do that with one of her long dress costumes, and she wouldn't even consider it.
>>
>>8940356
Why are you so weirded out by the thought of someone seeing pictures of you? why'd you even take them?
>>
>>8977923
>3/31/16
>04/24/16
>>
>>8977962
you don't know that they aren't still watching this thread this board moves slowly
>>
File: ugh.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
My mom is absolutely obsessed with my cosplays, she looooves helping me and has all my pictures on her phone to show her friends. I think it's cute, I always let her open my packages from Taobao since she loves seeing what I got.
I don't mind her showing my pictures around, they are online for everyone to see...

Although I get a bit embarassed when my teachers like my pictures on facebook. I had this criminal psychology middle aged teacher who liked every single pic I posted, she even liked my cosplay page. Whenever I bump into her she compliments my 'japanese doll outfits', it's cute.

My dad doesn't "get" cosplaying but has been giving me rides to cons since I was 13 even though he finds a bit weird.
>>
>>8977923
ngl I'd be weirded out if some elderly person I barely knew saved pics of me in costume and showed them to her relatives and friends. I mean it's one thing if it's your own granny doing it but someone you're not even related to acting like that? Especially when you didn't go out of your way to share that information with them in the first place.
>>
File: LetsGoEnOh18.jpg (108KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
LetsGoEnOh18.jpg
108KB, 540x720px
I'm really lucky because my parents are really supportive. I can ask my mom about sewing-related things and my dad helps me with my props. However…
>Years ago, making an Entei costume for a masquerade skit
>Masq group members meet up at my parents' place because it's the only place with a large enough area to practice in without being in public
>I bring the Entei costume over for practice no matter the shape it's in because we really need to learn now to move and interact with the group with such a big costume
>So like 9 out of the 10 practice sessions Entei looks creepy as hell
>Mom insists on taking pictures one day
>Okay, sure, and I'd like the files later for my own records on the build progress
>Eventually finish costume, compete, yadda yadda
>Half a year passes
>Stop by my parents' place and my mom goes, "oh, here's this year's Christmas letter!"
>It has a bunch of pictures of the family, including the attached picture with the caption "Jacuzzi dressed as a Pokémon!!!"
>Scream at her silently: WHY DID YOU USE THAT PICTURE? WHY WOULD YOU SEND THIS TO PEOPLE? IT LOOKS SO AWFUL! AT YOUR REQUEST, I SENT YOU PICTURES OF THE FINISHED COSTUME!
>"Mother please change this, PLEASE don't use this picture. I have so many others…"
>"Don't get upset! No one will know what you dressed as anyway, so it doesn't matter! And I can't change it, I already sent them all out!"

The finished costume did not look particularly good, but it wouldn't have been nearly as bad as her sending out what she did. She didn't do it in a mean-spirited way, but I still feel embarrassed thinking back to it. I've tried to get her to use other cosplay pictures in more recent X-mas letters in order to heal that embarrassment, but "since you threw such a fit the last time" she won't do it. Chances are no one else cares or remembers, but… meh.
>>
>>8977750
margendo 2.0
>>
>>8970925
You're a terrible person.
>>
>>8973747
Pls no.
>>
File: CosplaySeriousBusiness.gif (226KB, 749x583px) Image search: [Google]
CosplaySeriousBusiness.gif
226KB, 749x583px
I wouldn't exactly call her embarrassing, but:
>Sometimes have geeky movie/anime/tv-viewing parties at my apartment, put up themed signs on my door so people can find my place easily
>Girl in the apartment complex sees them and gets interested, we eventually talk
>She's in high school (juuuuust over half my age, ow) and she's been into American comics and animation forever but she's recently discovered anime and manga
>I think she's fantastic, I love spending time with her
>But when she cosplays she's verrrrrry much at that weeb stage that many cosplayers go through
>No wig, wrong shoes, "this blue T-shirt is close enough to the character's green tunic", sometimes cat ears or a tail, no makeup, etc
>She doesn't act embarrassing or anything, but she gets a little sad when no one recognizes who she's cosplaying as
>I want to steer her in the "right" direction, but 95% of the time she's having a great time and I don't want to kill her buzz by being too intrusive.
>I haven't figured out how to suggest ways to improve her cosplays without coming off as a know-it-all

Everything I think I'd say would be like… "WELCOME TO THE NO FUN ZONE, THIS IS HOW YOU HAVE TO COSPLAY" and I don't want that. If she's having fun, that's what's important. On the other hand… when I was going through my weeb cosplay stage I really wish someone had told me that wigs, makeup, and the like were REALLY GOOD IDEAS.
>>
>>8981267
>"hey, (character's green tunic) would actually be fairly easy to make, i can show you how to do it!"
>"i love doing makeup, it always makes me feel so much more like the character, want me to help you with yours?"
>"oh i have a wig that would be perfect for that character, do you want to borrow it?"
>etc.
>>
>>8978634
My mom has done the same thing, but with lolita. She has access to tons of pictures of me in finished coords, both casual and OTT, with wigs or natural hair, brand or handmade, etc. Yet the one picture she insists on showing and sending to everyone is one she took of me trying on a new dress over a t-shirt and leggings, with messy hair, no makeup and much of the petti showing. It's like the more I ask her to stop showing that picture and use a different one instead, the more stubborn she is about only ever showing that one.
>>
>>8981430
Unfortunately, I generally don't see her costume until we meet up at the convention. I have offered to help her with anything she needs, but I'm not skilled with makeup and I don't have any wigs that would've worked for her character anyway. I'm not a good helper, haha. BUT! I just found out she's looking to buy her first wig (not for a costume though, just to have a wig to have fun in), and she asked a different seamstress friend for help with her next costume, so I am VERY happy about this
>>
File: 1460967801544.gif (953KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1460967801544.gif
953KB, 500x281px
>mom cant stand my cosplay or my hobbies like, at all
>dads mostly quiet about it
>both were preppy jocks in high school
>wanted a jock daughter
>got me instead

>time passes, shit happens, move back in for a while after college
>after work come home and play splatoon on the big tv downstairs
>dads taking to watching me play
>acts like a proud parent watching their kid play a sport, he even brings popcorn and a soda now
>"GO GET EM ANON, WATCH YER LEFT!"
>Dad starts really getting into me competing in masq's
>Always asks if I'm going to win anything
>Won a best in class award at small con
>Dad asked if we could put the paper award on the mantel

My ma glares at it every time she walks past it, but I've kind of come to realize my dad has come to terms with the fact that he'll never cheer for me at a sports game, so instead he's cheering for me at my hobbies. Makes me really happy actually.
>>
>>8982556
your dad sounds like such a gem. i love cosplay dads! mine helps me build props because he's super handy and good with tools and stuff. he's got no idea what he's making, but he still goes along with it.
>>
>>8982560
I'm really grateful to have him around. He can embarrass the hell out of me in public since he's a bit of an odd ball himself, but when one parent refuses to support the stuff that makes me happy at all, its nice to have some one that is proud of my geeky accomplishments. You're dad sounds really great to, its awesome he'll help with props.
>>
>>8982556
That's so sweet! I'm glad he's supportive of your hobbies now!

That said, I never understand when parents are so against geeky activities. It'd be one thing if they were destructive, but when it's stuff like cosplay, you're learning how to sew and (perhaps) how to use tools and build things (props). Are they embarrassed their child is doing something "outside the norm?" Any thoughts, anons?
>>
>>8982666
>Are they embarrassed their child is doing something "outside the norm?"
Possibly. Some parents have a sort of "ideal" of what their child "should" be like and may feel disappointed and upset when the kid doesn't live up to their expectations ("Why can't you be like all other girls/boys your age?"/"Why can't you be normal?"). But it can also be out of genuine concern, because they worry their child will have no friends and will be picked on and bullied if they get involved in "weird" hobbies.
>>
>>8982556
Your dad is awesome. E-sports instead of sports.
>>
>>8982681
>they worry their child will have no friends and will be picked on and bullied if they get involved in "weird" hobbies.
Different anon but shit, I got bullied more trying to fit in then I ever did when I entered that borderline weeb phase. I actually had a group of friends when I was a weeb as opposed to no friends what so ever when I was just some little dork who excelled at reading and sucked terribly at every sport they got forced to try.
>>
>>8982709
Same here, no one wanted to be friends with the quiet, shy bookworm on the softball team. When I got into Marvel I found some of the best people I've ever known.
>>
>>8982556
That's so sweet! I love it when parents are supportive of their kids, even if they don't really get their hobbies. My husband and I are both geeky and we hope our so takes after us, but we've both said that if he likes music or sports or whatever, we'll be at every game or recital. Children's happiness should come before parents's expectations.
>>
>>8982715
Holy shit this.
I know a bunch of people who are toxic and obnoxious as all hell but people are drawn to them because they're confident and boisterous, but no matter how good or interesting you are nobody's gonna give two shits about you if you're the shy introvert.

I even know one toxic fat bitch who constantly talks herself up and shits all over thin people (because they're dumb, apparently), and she's got loads of friends. She's ugly as all hell but she's overconfident and doesn't afraid of anyone so people love her for being 'real'.
>>
People I do NOT hang out with anymore. We used to go to cons as like a double date thing
>Best friend at the time was female
>We fucked alot but never became serious, but she eventually gets a boyfriend who is a fucking hipster meme spewer. Shrug and get my own girl
>I mean 100%, would say "lul" and "trolled man!" at EVERYthing
>She knows I hate him, my girlfriend knows hes a tool. He knows I led the conquest before he set up an expedition, so hes constantly trying to out do himself
>Since im /fit/, dress well, ect, his only method of "out doing me" is through stupid jokes and antics. Also likes to tell everyone hes a 'hacker'
>Con time comes up. I am actually really good at doing armors and weapons. best friend tries to have us "bond" by making him cosplay too
>He shows up at hotel, day before the con
>Hes got a hand drawn cool face cardboard mask and a shirt that says "noobz" or some such trash
>He spends the entire con trying to photo bomb people. He tries to photo bomb some legit shoots and groups
>Is running like an idot in front of news crews
>After every fucking stunt, he runs up to me singing the "lul" song as he called it. Directing attention to people that hes with me.
>He tries to tell people he helpped me with my armor. Stright up look him dead in the eyes and say "No, you broke my helmet and bought me tape"*
As an aside, the moment he entered the hotel room, he through his bag in like an idiot, and it crushed the plaster heml I spent months working on. Managed to salvage it.
>Starts to photo bomb my shoots. Abandon him in the middle of the con.
>>
>>8982812
What a fucking dick.
>>
>>8982666
Not original anon, but >>8982681 hit it on the head. My parents are the "Your not what I thought you would be and I'm pissed about it" type.
I'm 26 and my dad still lectures me that drawing is stupid and a waste of time because it will never earn me 'real' money
>Real facts: It's the only reason I did not starve in collage.
He thinks that I should be a Doctor because "I'm always the first one to get the first aid kit when someone is hurt"
>call me a child but I threw up and then fainted during my bio 101 mini feral pig dissection because I just can't handle that shit. It was cute. Assholes were desiccating their little bodies and were just going to toss it after and I just can't, very can't take 4 years of that.
>switched majors to psych because it is the only non med school thing I could convince them was worth my time. I understand how stupid this was but it worked.
>pretty sure at this point my happiness was never a factor in this he just wants to say his daughter is a doctor.
They also recently told me that I should not marry/have kids with my fiance because we are too much alike (implying to much into art and weird shit) and they are going to get clones instead of grand kids???
>My mom is still hardcore pushing for me to marry a high school friend of mine who just graduated med school. He also happens to be GAY AS RAINBOWS, but I don't have the heart to tell her that.
100% it is about you fitting their vision of what they wanted their offspring to be, and has lead to me not having a relationship with them in adulthood.
>>
>>8976292
I-Is the con in June Colossalcon?
>>
>>8982812
>Stright up look him dead in the eyes and say "No, you broke my helmet and bought me tape"*
Good for you.
I read so many stories on here, and see stuff like this happen IRL, that it irritates me greatly whenever someone's being a lying/over exaggerating dick (or just simply taking credit for stuff they didn't do) and no one involved ever stands up for themselves or calls the dick out for their bullshit. So I'm really glad whenever I see people standing up for themselves.

I'm actually surprised you didn't loose your cool and hit the guy. He sounds really annoying.
>>
>>8970925
thank god for strict uniform rules
>>
>>8942219
>hella
Are you from California?
>>
File: 1458821733527.jpg (77KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1458821733527.jpg
77KB, 500x347px
>I'm a transgirl, transitioned in my senior year, three years ago
For context.
>Coming back from con in a pretty decent costume, it was a uniform so had to be pristine
>It's my mother's birthday and I left early to head to hers
>On my way home to change she calls me and has a fit that I'm not there yet (she lives two hours away)
>Can't deal with her and just decide to head straight there, they know I cosplay, whatever
>Arrive at parents, they are both clearly drunk
>Showing me around like a prize pony, mentioning how talented I am (a friend actually made most it and I kept correcting them but they didn't care)
>They keep drinking, I want to head back, I was up at 5am, tired as fuck
>Someone spilt some brightly coloured cocktail on my skirt and I'm cranky as hell
>The older guys keep hitting on me
>Try to leave, stopped at door
>Mum wants to make speeches
>During this, in front of her friends, she gestures to me
>"And look at anon! Can you even believe she used to be a HE?"
>Silence, 80% of the largely Christian room had no idea
>Mother begins showing pictures of me as a young teenager
>The guys who were hitting on me look visibly furious, scares the shit out of me
>Run back to car crying
>Mother calls me to shout at me for making a scene
>Get home and hide under blankets for a couple of days

Family, huh?
>>
>>8983364
That's terrifying. I hope you're okay now anon
>>
File: Zakuro_Disgust.png (128KB, 881x260px) Image search: [Google]
Zakuro_Disgust.png
128KB, 881x260px
>>8983364
Shit, that's awful. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, anon.
>>
>>8983364
That's the worse anon. So sorry you had such a shit time. Did they ever even say sorry?
>>
>>8983386
It was about 8 months ago. I can't show my face in front of my parents' friends anymore, but I'm okay. I guess it's nice I pass so well, in a silver lining kind of way.

>>8983426
I deal with that sort of rubbish often enough, when I have to show ID. I'm usually better at brushing it off, I was just suddenly the centre of attention in a room of 50 odd people.

>>8983428
Lord no. They still bring it up sometimes as me being over dramatic. I wouldn't talk to them at all, but I like my younger siblings.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, guys.
>>
>>8983446
Man have they always been like that even when you were transitioning? They just sound very mean spirited.
>>
Just got the you should start having children and stop being a freak spew from one of my cousins.
>Same cousin whose home had to be scrubbed by our grandmother
>Because the hospital wouldn't release her or her first baby due to how grungy she was when admitted
>Second baby may not even be cheating husband's
>Gets drunk at thanksgiving then goes to breastfeed.

But yea no, I'm the weird kooky cousin for cosplay.
>>
>>8982556
thats actually really sweet your dad is amazing
>>
>>8940512
set your profile so only friends of friends can see it
>>
>>8982812
>He knows I led the conquest before he set up an expedition, so hes constantly trying to out do himself

You need to cut that shit out. My sides are old and rusty and i heard a clank after my laughter
>>
>>8983364
>>The guys who were hitting on me look visibly furious, scares the shit out of me
Maybe they shouldn't have been creeping on someone presumably so much younger than them in the first place. Yuck.
>>
>>8983456
They often boast that they didn't kick me out of home. They just didn't let me see anyone or use my preferred name. They also put off HRT for two years. And tried to guilt me into not transitioning because of how much it will embarrass them. And tried grounding me around when my therapy was for menial shit as an excuse for me not to go.

But you know, they did do the bare fucking minimum and not kick me out so that makes it okay apparently.

>>8983619
I don't know what it is about me, but older guys always creep on me. Maybe it's because I'm tall and have long legs? I cannot work it out.

Guys tend to take it as a personal affront to their sexuality if they find out.
>>
>>8972527
>implying you can't be a cute boy and have sex with another cute boy
Do you even Visual Kei?
>>
>>8982812
Not NEARLY as bad as yours, but it reminded me of a friend's wife
>Became good friends with my husband's best friend
>Good Friend meets a girl, who he later marries
>Wifey is generally nice but immature, and always tries to steer me away from my husband and Good Friend's "boys' conversation" when we get together
>No, I want in on the "boys' conversation," they're talking about stuff I'm interested in
>When I pay too much attention to Good Friend or bring up a story that was before she met him, she starts telling me all sorts of things about him that I don't know as if she has to one-up me
>It goes dangerously far into TMI-territory, stopping just short of talking about their sex life
>Girl, you're married to him, of course you know him better. Hell, I'M married. I'm not trying to take your man or anything.
>Says for years that she's gonna cosplay, finally does at one con
>Not bad for a first costume, but it's pretty easy to tell she's new to costume making.
>Chatting with a mutual friend about each other's costumes and how we made different parts when she drops by
>She wants to talk about her costume, and we're cool with that
>She points out all the things she made and we compliment her (honestly) on several things ("your paint lines are pretty clean! That can be difficult!" "Good job wrapping the leg bands!" etc)
>Suddenly, she thinks she's a cosplay genius and starts talking down to us
>Mutual friend and I have about 20 years of cosplay experience between us, have each won awards for our costumes, etc
>Conversation becomes her going on and on about her cosplay skills and single syllable grunt responses from the two of us
>Luckily, my husband called out to get our attention and we were able to escape
>>
>>8976292
well yeah i have that kind of friend too. :/
>>
File: 1458536722626.png (511KB, 750x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458536722626.png
511KB, 750x720px
This just happened recently and it still bothers me

>go to a con with big friend group for the first time
>guy I've had a crush on for years (let's call him M) is going
>wanted to try to get close to him during the con
>only catch is that his brother (we'll call A) is going and he's in love with me and gets mad/jealous whenever M interacts with me and makes everyone uncomfortable
>everyone is kinda sick of A's shit but really like M so they try to tolerate him

I have two stories but this one was more embarrassing and makes me think I'm dealing with a child

>At the dealers room
>Everyone decided to stay together for the first walk around and then separate to buy things and get it over with
>We stop at a table that is selling a bunch of Japanese snacks and they had a buy one ramune get one free deal
>M is next to me says he never had ramune before
>Willingly say I'll buy both of us one
>A rolls his eyes and sighs constantly
>Hand M the ramune and we continue walking around
>We browse and buy some prints and pins while A is right behind us watching the whole time
>A constantly pulls M aside and says things to him, M is starting to look uncomfortable and miserable
>A starts complaining to other friends when we leave the dealers room
>We sit outside looking at the things we bought and M is sitting quietly hasn't touched his ramune
>A says "Well if you're not gonna drink it I will. You're wasting anon's money"
>I take it and just put it in my bag
>A yells at M to go buy both of them ramune
>Everyone is sitting there awkwardly
>They come back and M looks miserable and silently drinks it
>A continues to get mad at M for the rest of the con, even when I played a round of Taiko with him A threw a tantrum
>Group disbands mostly because of this and didn't wanna deal with A's shit anymore
>M sticks with him anyway because they are brothers
>>
>>8973747
They wouldn't even tone it down a little?
Like... Inu-Yashley?
>>
>>8982556
Go your dad! Adorbs.
>>
>>8984388
I feel so bad for M. Honestly? You and the other friends have to sit him down and talk to him about his brother.
>>
File: 1450556333649.jpg (50KB, 493x504px) Image search: [Google]
1450556333649.jpg
50KB, 493x504px
>>8984404
The closest attempt we have tried to that is telling him and he just stays quiet because he thinks his big brother would never intentionally hurt him

M was a good friend too but once A started having his thing for me he forbidden him to ever hang out with the group without him because I was around. It's so petty and embarrassing because A always says that any problem they have is my fault for rejecting him and liking his brother instead.
>>
>>8984429
If M can't think for himself and every meeting has to be chaperoned by A then I think the best course of action would be to just drop the both of them temporarily. Either M will wise up or A will give up because he can't hang out by force anymore.
>>
>>8970942
Call me crazy but this is cute. Let your poor grandma believe she's an animayyy. Let her live some.
>>
>>8984388
That's so immature that he wouldn't let his brother interact with someone just cause they rejected him. I think M should date you out of spite
>>
File: DungeonMeshi_Urgh.png (209KB, 324x523px) Image search: [Google]
DungeonMeshi_Urgh.png
209KB, 324x523px
>Years ago, right before con
>See friend of a friend posting on here in a "what costumes would you like to see more of" thread
>She wants to see more cosplay from ___ series
>Oh hey, I actually cosplayed from that series and I won an award at a (small) event for that costume!
>It's one of my few costumes that I look at and go, "Yeah, I did a good job on this one." I'm proud of it.
>We already have plans to meet up to hang out with our mutual friend, so I decide to kind of surprise her by wearing it
>At con, excitedly run up to meet her
>"Oh. It's you. Okay, let's go find mutual friend."
>Pretty sad she didn't notice I was cosplaying from the series, but maybe it's not obvious? (no, it was totally obvious)
>We're walking along when all of a sudden she looks to me and loudly says, "You wanna play a game? Let's see who gets more pictures taken between now and when we meet up with mutual friend."
>I'm dressed as basically a wild child in simple shorts and a vest from a not particularly popular anime series. She's in a enormous fancy dress from a recent popular game and she's 10x more skilled than I am
>Why
>>
>Husband and I visit my parents
>I enter the house after chatting with my dad outside
>Mom is chatting with my husband
>"All anime fans are basement dwellers who all support Trump"
>Husband tries to disagree, "Actually… I don't think…"
>"No, I read it in an article, so it must be true."
>>
>>8983465
>tfw all my family are thieves and/or on hard drugs and/or are alcoholics
>i'm the odd one out for cosplaying
k
>>
>>8983683
>They often boast that they didn't kick me out of home. They just didn't let me see anyone or use my preferred name. They also put off HRT for two years. And tried to guilt me into not transitioning because of how much it will embarrass them. And tried grounding me around when my therapy was for menial shit as an excuse for me not to go.
Trans man here, same thing here.
>meme liberal mom and grandma
>aka the liberals who are okay with filthy degenerate faggots until they find out their child/grandchild is one
>refuse to accept me
>try to use every excuse in the book as to why I couldn't be a guy
>"You collect dollies [anime figures] so you're not trans" -my grandma a few months ago
>>
>>8988047
>"All anime fans are basement dwellers who all support Trump"
Huh. Usually I see it the other way around where the anime fans (being the younger generation) are for Bernie or Hillary and it's the older generations for Trump because THEY'RE TAKEN YER JAWBS and wanting to BUILD THE WALL!
>>
Not strictly lolita related but I was wearing lolita while it happened so it probably made things even weirder

>hang out with lolita friend
>on my way home on transit, taking the train
>my husband picks me up from the train station because he loves me and worries about me taking the bus at night
>get to the station, my husband always parks in the same area.
>he has a silver car
>walk up to silver car not paying attention, see the button is locked so I tap on the window
>look slightly up, it isnt my husband but some random woman
>my husbando is two car stalls down
>so embarassed that I quickly scuttle away into my husbands car

Holy shit I wonder what the woman thought in the situation. If I was in normie clothes maybe she thought I was trying to mug her. But good god I was in lolita and she was probably like "wtf is this weirdo"
>>
>>8988111
it's because of 1) pol and 2) those memes people have been making about how trump will save anime or whatever
>>
>>8988073
I had a friend who was in a similar situation years ago and he just basically out-stupided them until he could move out. His family was the 'I'm supportive but will shit on you out of 'concern' because the Internet never lies' type, who frequently barged in on his showers to 'make sure he hadn't mutilated his chest' and left breast enhancement ads just casually lying around the whole house because he was really just depressed he was flat and not actually trans. He decided to just play along because it was driving him up the fucking wall but knew they wouldn't kick him out (neighbors would gossip).
>'Sry grandma you had a dick inside you 900 years ago you're a guy now that's just how it is I don't make the rules =/'
>'If you listen to Gaga you're a latent homosexual, that means you like dick. I heard it online'
>'HRT is a band name don't you know anything oh my god'
>'Idk... I like tiddy too much to have a vagina, I want to be a man, also lesbos are super butch rite? So I can cut my hair because boobs, I promise it makes sense'

And on a related note, I got him into anime/cosplay and that's how he found out how to give himself a manly face before he could get HRT.
>>
>>8988319
>oddly dressed woman tapping on strangers' car windows
I'm sorry to say this anon but depending on our area she probably thought you were a drug addict and/or prostitute.
>>
>>8988319
>>8988671
*your area
>>
>>8983683
Hitting on a girl that is actually a trans is the sexual equivalent of taking a drink out of a soda bottle and finding out mid-gulp that it's actually milk.
>>
>>8988820
I know it's bait but if you found them hot enough to flirt with in the first place with the end goal of having sex, why the fuck does it matter when they've had all the surgeries? Unless someone said something, you'd never know.
>>
>>8988928
It doesn't seem like b8 at all. Because trans people most of the time are mentally ill and have underlying issues. That's why so many of them kill themselves.

I wouldn't blame a guy for not wanting to stick his dick in crazy.
>>
File: tyCMMsK.gif (318KB, 330x182px) Image search: [Google]
tyCMMsK.gif
318KB, 330x182px
>>8988931
>>
File: 1426739369949.png (4KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
1426739369949.png
4KB, 188x188px
>>8988931
>>
File: 1455749207480.jpg (47KB, 701x798px) Image search: [Google]
1455749207480.jpg
47KB, 701x798px
>>8988931
>>
File: soos.png (608KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
soos.png
608KB, 1280x718px
>>8988047
Holy shit I misread that as
>Mom is cheating with my husband
and I just
>>
>>8988928

It's not bait, that's legit how it makes a lot of people feel. If they're post OP, it's less of an issue, but only a very small portion of trans are post-op.

That being said, getting upset when people are grossed out and feel manipulated when they discover the target of their attraction isn't what they seem is beyond the accepted amount of acceptance for trans people.

It's one thing to dislike them outright, which is bigotry if you act on it, but if you go with somebody who is hitting on you when trans when you don't let them know, you can't complain when they react negatively, because that's no longer about them treating you with common decency, that's about you telling them that they have to like you sexually or they're a bigot.

In a sense it's very similar to the entitlement that furries feel.
>>
>>8988111

>tfw my coworker is a gay dude who thinks he's hot shit for having an online business degree
>tfw he agrees with Trump's fucking wall
>despite it financially not making any. fucking. sense.

I will be so glad when he gets moved out to hickville, population 2000 in July. So. Glad.
>>
>>8989094
I'm still trying to figure out why genitals are such a big fucking deal?? it's the gender and the presumed roles/traits we are attracted to.
if you and a person are into each other, to the point that sex is a possibility, it really isn't hard to figure out how to give/derive pleasure to/from each other's bodies. it's fucking lazy and the majority of complainers are straight dudes afraid of perceived feminization because only "chicks touch dicks hurrr".
>>
>>8989094
well see maybe you shouldn't hit on your friend's fucking daughter then, who presumably is at least 20 years younger than you and your creepo friends. I completely agree that one should let someone know they're trans if they're interested in them and the other person reciprocates the interest, but if it's unwanted interest there's no reason they should know - especially if OP knew their reaction would very likely be negative.
>>
>>8989122
It's not the genitals, it's the mental illness behind it.
>>
>>8989125
Oh boy here we go
>>
>>8989122
I dont like vaginas, plain and simple.

I like men and the dicks they have

I dont want a woman with a dick or a man with a vagina.

I want a man with a dick because thats what turns me on and thats what I want. If im intoa man and wanna fuck them then it turns out they have a vagina, I no longer wish to have sex because they are lacking what I was looking for. I am no longer turned on.
>>
>>8989133
Everyone is entitled to have standards in a partner, whether that be personality traits, genitals, looks, lifestyle, etc.
>>
>>8943083
Wow I don't even know this piggu Chan but I want to be the shit out of her
>>
>>8989142
Exactly, thats all I meant to imply to the person asking what the "big deal" was with genitals.

Its not that im lazy or a "straight dude: afraid of feminine things or something. Its just what I like.
>>
>>8989122
well, genitals do play a big role to some people. For example, although I like men and women alike, I don't find dicks to be very atractive, so if I was about to fuck a woman with a dick, I'd be kinda against it because, dicks are gross. Same goes to others. Maybe genitals don't play a big part on YOU, but that doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.
>>
I have my family added to my Facebook, I always use a fake name, I don't want people from high school finding me. I figure that if my family thinks that my stuff is weird, they can go away. I don't need my own blood shaming me when I'm having fun wearing Lolita and hanging out with my friends. Less Christmas/Birthday presents I need to buy anyway.
>>
>>8982666
Nice Satan trips
>>
>>8988319
This has happened to me too anon! I thought I was alone with that
>>
>>8989122
As a trans person myself, I really don't care about someone's genital preferences and shit. If they don't like my gender and sex matching up, that's on them and I won't force them to like me and won't have a problem with them rejecting me when I admit I'm trans if their response isn't rude.

There's a big difference between someone going and telling me it won't work out due to my sex vs someone telling me I have a mental illness
>>
File: 1437847422081.png (299KB, 445x450px) Image search: [Google]
1437847422081.png
299KB, 445x450px
My parents are wonderful and supportive but sometimes it feels like we are the embarrassing ones in this family.
>parents get an invitation to my cousin’s wedding
>my family is hueg and we’re not exactly close to this cousin, I didn’t even know he was seeing anyone let alone that he was getting married
>”You’ll come with us, right anon? Oh and bring your boyfriend!”
>if that’s okay with [cousin], I mean they only invited you two so you might want to check
>”Oh no of course the two of you can come too you’re family!”
>yeah but please check anyway, like just ask them when you RSVP
>”Aresveepee? Haha what is that”
>it says on the invitation to please RSVP, it means to let them know if you’ll come or not so they know how many seats and plates and stuff to prepare
>”Aw anon of course they know we’ll come, we’re family and why else would they send the invite?”
>sigh
>”But anyway, this is a great opportunity to wear one of your fluffy Japanese dresses!”
>maybe, I’ll have to check if I have one that’s appropriate for a traditional wedding
>”What are you talking about Anon? They’re big and poofy and frilly, they’re ALL appropriate for a wedding!”
>I’m not the one getting married though, I shouldn’t attract too much attention to myself or outshine the bride
>”Why not? Don’t be so uptight about this stuff, anon. They won’t mind! They’re family!”
>etc.
>>
>>8990127
I cringe for you, anon. I didn't think parents could be so clueless.
>>
File: Jitsuwa_Mrk.png (47KB, 295x389px) Image search: [Google]
Jitsuwa_Mrk.png
47KB, 295x389px
>>8990127
Seconding the cringe. Sorry about your parents, anon.

I can't tell half the time if my mom's family is trying to be helpful or just making fun of me. I've told these ones before, so sorry for the repost.
>Christmas with the extended family one year
>Presents are exchanged, night is winding down when…
>"Anon! We have something special for you!"
>"Thanks Aunt and family! Oh, it's…a children's yukata set! It's so cute!" …and for a ten-year-old, but I appreciate the gesture.
>"Our Japanese exchange student gave it to us a few years ago and we thought you'd like it! Try it on!"
>"Thank-you, that's so kind! But I don't want to take up too much time, so maybe I'll try it on later?"
>"Try it on! Try it on!"
>"Well… it's actually for a child and it'll be too small on me…"
>"Try it on! Try it on!!" More relatives start in the chant. My mom tells me to stop being stubborn &just put it on
>I put it on, it's tiny on me, it looks ridiculous
>Relatives all explode with laughter. Haha, yes, it looks silly, I know.
>"Anon, you're so stupid!!!! Why would you put on something so small? HAHAHA"
>wow thanksssss
Did they give it to me to laugh? Did they give it to me because they actually thought I'd like it?

Later:
-Grandparents are moving to a retirement home and the family is… let's say… ransacking their house, taking whatever they like that the grandparents aren't taking with them
>It's creepy, like watching vultures, but anyway…
>Anything Asian, I mean ANYTHING, gets shown to me.
>"Look anon! It's Japanese! You can have it!"
>These things are actually 95% Korean because my grandpa got them while he served during the Korean War, but whatever
>Thanks, but I don't really want these things, please stop assuming I want any that's Asian-esque
>The final straw is when a cousin comes rushing over, bows deeply, says gibberish that sounds vaguely Chinese, giggles, & then hands over a pile of disposable chopsticks.
>"I thought you might want these!!"
>PLEASE STOP
>>
>>8990268
>"Anon, you're so stupid!!!! Why would you put on something so small? HAHAHA"
What dicks. Yeah, they definitely did it to laugh at you.

As for the second one I can totally understand that feeling.

>collected Asian stuff as a teen, like the pottery and stuff
>extended family starts shoving everything Asian and Hello Kitty at me
>pastor uncle corners me at a gatherin
>starts asking about Japanese culture
>most of it is the stereotype stuff you hear, mixes Japan with Chinese regularly
>I explain everything to him like why Japanese men 'wear those weird bathrobes' and tell him what they are and the differences between yukata and kimono
>see him the next day for another event at his house
>"Areegoatoo anon, I didn't wear my kimono today, it's hanging in the bathroom!"
>laughs like he's just told an amazing joke
>flat stare at him
>>
File: 40240230_p7.jpg (145KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
40240230_p7.jpg
145KB, 600x545px
>>8990268
>grandparents had Japanese exchange student ages ago, sent grandparents souvenirs back after they went home
>as a child, saw something on a shelf I assumed was for ink
>I learn later in life that my grandparents had their dining room walls adorned with decorative ear wax cleaning tools.
>>
>>8990268
I feel you so hard on the last one. Can family just understand that just because you like something doesn't mean you're trying to adopt everything in the world that is sort of the same.

Vaguely alike
> Started cooking for my parents in preparation for my moving out (if they won't eat it, its inedible)
> Choose lots of Japanese recipes because I'm a huge weeb and they taste good
> Anon, listen, I got you a cookbook for chinese food because you like chinese stuff
> Thanks I guess?
> Anon, here is some asian silverwear, you like everything asian
> Literally normal forks and spoons from the local asian food store
> Listen...You can't live on riceballs and ramen!
> Never even made riceballs or ramen
> Moving out, mom gets me a hanfu
> Wear it while you cook your korean ramen. Love you!
> You've been to Korea! You know how wrong you are, right?

I don't get it...
>>
>>8990268
>>8990281
I have to wonder why this is so common with family of weebs/people who like Japanese shit but never seems to happen for people with other international interests. I have a friend who is an extreme Anglophile, to the point where she wants to move to London, get British citizenship, marry Sherlock Holmes and go on adventures with Dr Who and all that shit, but nobody ever makes fun of her for it. Same for my aunt who is completely obsessed with Paris, collects everything with the Eiffel Tower on it and openly fantasises about meeting a French guy on one of her many trips there and marrying him to have fashionable French babies. Yet the people who used to wave cheap paper fans in my face and go
>here anon ching chong nihooo I thought of you when I saw these haha domo arigato mr roboto
never make similar comments to them. Is Japan or Asia in general just so ~exotic~ that it turns otherwise intelligent people's brains to mush?

>have bf's family over for his birthday
>they're having tea and coffee, and I included some of my personal teas for them to choose from
>one of them is Japanese green tea
>no end to the "Oh anon are we supposed to drink this with chopsticks ahaha" jokes
>it wasn't funny the first five times and it's still not funny now pls leave my house
>>
>>8990431
I always wondered the same thing. I'm interested in world culture in general, but am into Europe and Japan the most. Not even a weeb. For some reason my family loves to shove everything Asian in my face, and I know they are doing it out of love but SERIOUSLY please stop. It's so embarrassing especially because I am self conscious of being seen as a weeb because there's a ton in my area and they are AWFUL. I've only ever gotten one comment my entire life about my interest in Europe and it was something along the lines of "Anon you can say you like the Medieval period all you want but it was a miserable time and you would probably die" which was incredibly weird to say to me as if I wasn't aware of history, but yeah.

I regret letting anyone know about my interest in Japan.
>>
>>8990431
>>8990452
Yeah I had one relative do the 'Japanese talk' which was just racist Chinese ching-chong talk and it took me just staring at them like they were the biggest fucking moron on the planet for them to never do it again.

I have no idea why I said I loved British stuff like Dr Who and Sherlock it ended up getting me thoughtful gifts like a Dr Who TARDIS fleece throw and some Funkos but when I used to mention I liked Japanese stuff it got ridicule and everything else from family.

Maybe it's just the change in times? Back when I was a weeb and mentioned cosplay my family was baffled and kept going "Like Halloween but not on Halloween???" but now when I mention it to those same relatives "Oh! Like Comicon!" and it's suddenly cool and my cousins want to go and all that.

>I regret letting anyone know about my interest in Japan.
I'm >>8990281 anon and my extended family knowing about my love of anime/manga/Jrock and casual like of Hello Kitty meant by age 18 I had an entire room of those trashy paper umbrellas, cheap sushi kits, decorative chopsticks, dozens of generic Asian vases, five sake kits, and three full tea sets, and everything Hello Kitty.

It got so bad I hated for anyone to see my room and couldn't stand any of it anymore. I ended up having a yard sale and getting rid of EVERYTHING in my room that had any tie to Japan. My visual kei merch, my anime, my manga, all the stupid gifts, etc. Anything that didn't get sold got tossed to the curb for people to pick up for free. I just wanted it gone so badly.
>>
>>8948760
Old lady resentment is really uniquely horrible. A lot of them are nice but there are always the ones with a bad attitude who have a way of projecting 70+ years of stored up bitterness onto anyone they see enjoying themselves.
>>
>>8990499
The ching-chong talk is probably what pisses me off the most. The few times I actually called people out on it they told me I wasn't allowed to be annoyed because I'm white, but why wouldn't I be annoyed at someone being a racist asshole just to piss me off? I get that they think it's funny to rile me up and this is a good way to do it, but it also makes them look like ignorant shitbags. I mean I'm an autist, getting on my nerves isn't rocket science. Please come up with something more original.
>>
>>8990555
The family members that have done it to me have just brushed off my "You know that's not really Japanese.." comments so much that when they did it again I just would blankly stare at them until they felt uncomfortable/embarrassed and stopped doing it. It works for just about everything.
>>
>>8990431
I guess it is because of how "exotic" and different Japan is.
I'm from a korean family and my mom does the thing where she shows me anything related to England assuming I'll like it because I had an anglophile phase when I was 12, 8 years ago. But it's kind of weird because we live in Canada and she's been here since she was in her 2nd year of high school...
Then again she also calls me a weeaboo in korean (일빠) just because I like lolita fashion
>>
>>8990268
>Grandparents are moving to a retirement home and the family is… let's say… ransacking their house, taking whatever they like that the grandparents aren't taking with them
>>It's creepy, like watching vultures, but anyway…
I swear every family has one. I have at least one aunt on each side of my family like that. I was talking with my parents and they said they'd stipulate in their will that their sisters would absolutely have nothing to do with their estates, because they know they'd take as much as they could(legally or illegally) to pawn office for cash.
>>
>>8981479
Delete it, replace it with a picture in a similar setting with the same filename and modified date (change the computer clock before you save it).
>>
>>8983364
Jesus Christ after hearing this I can't cut ties fast enough
>>
File: 1278708779245.jpg (24KB, 594x357px) Image search: [Google]
1278708779245.jpg
24KB, 594x357px
>>8990431
Yeah, it must be the "exoticness" of it.

>>8990499
I'm sorry it got that bad, that's awful.

Luckily because my relatives just don't "get it," they see me as a weirdo. This is surprisingly a good thing because they've already written me off and I can get away with pretty much anything. They just chalk it up to me being weird. I'm the low man on the family totem pole, but I stopped caring that much at some point. I'm not going to pretend to be someone I'm not. Haha, and it's not the JUST anime/manga stuff that secures my low position... I don't date a ton of guys, I don't drink, and I don't wear tons of makeup. Seriously. It's "not normal" so I get pushed to the side. I have alcoholic and drug-addicted cousins that get more respect. hahahahahah this family…….
>>
>>8992113
At least you found a way to make a good situation out of it. My family is a lot more understanding now than they used to be but yeah, conventions and cosplay are getting pretty mainstream what with Comicon and everything.
>>
>>8990786
I don't have access to my mom's laptop, though.
>>
My mom, as much as I love her, has been an unending source of embarrassment growing up. I'll just stick to quick snippets

>weeb phase where I drew a lot of half naked animu babes
>mom snatches sketchbook out of my hands during a flight and proceeds to show it to the entire retired national football team of our country
>"Look at these cool drawings my daughter does!!"
The only good thing to come out of it was that we got free tickets to a game.

Also on another flight
>Mom befriends businessman
>Somehow they get to websites/technology and how hard it is
>"Oh! Anon can build a website for you! She's so good at that sort of stuff!!"
>Immediately panic as she proceeds to give him my personal email
>My mom thinks that my basic html skills that I used to customize my myspace/blogs/whatever mean I can code a fucking professional website
I just ignored his email and deflected her questions on it.

Other than that she does the stuff also mentioned in the thread, tell people how "Into Japanese stuff!!" I am and that I speak Japanese (I don't), and she tried to do the whole "Oh XX's kids like that stuff you like, show them around sometime!" to the point where I was almost left with 4 kids aged 8, 10, 11, and 14 at their first con wherein I was both working and had a godly lineup of guests and instead would be babysitting for three days. I desperately talked to my mom enough to the point where she got that it WAS NOT a good idea (I pretended I would be drinking and parying) and said maybe another time. She also keeps trying to make me connect with my cousin who I've never met (I've never met anyone from my dad's side of the family because my mom hates his mom) but recently has reconnected and found out one of my cousins is an animator and keeps trying to get me to talk to her. Checked out her page and while her art isn't terrible she's one of those cringey late-20 somethings that hasn't grown up and acts extremely childish and weeby even after being in the scene for years.
>>
Parents found my shitty akuroku fanfictions i printed out and hid under my bed back in middle school.

My door is usually locked but my mother found then anyways. What a fucking nightmare of embarassment that was.

I'm first generation chinese so my granny disapproves of my weeb hobbies. If she ever catches me working on cosplay she quotes the rape of nanjing. This is such a shame since she is an expert seamstress.

Growing up full blown weeb was embarassing to myself rather than for my parents. Dad was a comic book nerd so he was just full on I am disappointed in you but I'll let you embarass yourself/make your own mistakes.
>>
>>8992113
>I don't date a ton of guys, I don't drink, and I don't wear tons of makeup
Same, when I tell people I don't drink they look at me like I've sprouted a pair of tits on my forehead. Usually followed by comments like 'but whyyyyy?! Are you religious?' or my favourite, 'are you... You know... Muslim?' I'm a white Catholic ginger btw.
People seriously can't fathom that there are people in this world who just don't like alcohol or getting shitfaced.

It's the same with makeup and clothes. I like cute stuff without too much cleavage or leg/ass, and apparently guys think I'm a 'prude'. I used to get made fun of for having thick brows as a kid, now I'm made fun of for having thin (not really thin, just normal slim brows) ones and not wearing Instagram face paint and contouring. You just can't win.
>>
File: il_570xN.600152849_da8s.jpg (21KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.600152849_da8s.jpg
21KB, 570x428px
>>8992598
Not the anon you replied to, but I don't really drink either. I'll have some wine now and then, maybe a sip of a mixed drink just to see what it tastes like. My friends are used to my habits, but anyone else? "What's wrong with you? C'mon, get drunk like the rest of us and have some fun!"

I live in one of the, if not the MOST, drunken state in America. It's almost like you're not an adult if you haven't gotten at least one OWI. It's pretty bad.
>>
>>8994038
>>8992598
I also suffer from, "WUT ANON YOU DONT DRINK? ARE YOU LIKE STRAIGHTEDGE?" and "OMG YOUD LOOK SO PRETTY IF YOU JUST PUT ON SOME MAKEUP"

I have nothing against alcohol or people drinking it, but yeah, say you dont want to drink and you suddenly become an alien.
>>
>>8990268
>>8990281
>>8990408
>>8990431
>>8990452
>>8990499
>>8990555
>>8990562

Goddamn, I hate to quote so many posts like this but I can relate to just about all of this.
>tfw obsessed with Asian history in general
>family constantly mocking me with ching chong talk and racist remarks about the Chinese and Japanese
>constantly treating the cultures as one big entity on purpose to piss me off
>literally anytime they notice asian writing "Anon can you understand that" or "Read that for me anon don't you know Japanese" and acting like they're so fucking funny
It's not funny the first time around it's not funny the hundredth time either
I just don't respond to them anymore and wait until they move onto something else
At least my well meaning grandpa and step-grandma buy me anything remotely asian-esque which is kind of cute
>>
>>8994088
I think my family is why I got so heavily into visual kei back in the day because being southern religious like they were, nothing scandalized them more than men in makeup and dresses. It was like total rebellion against their attitude because it was one thing to make fun of me for liking Asian stuff they could comprehend like pottery and chopsticks but they wouldn't dare touch visual kei with a ten foot pole after the traditional "What is she wearing?!" "He. That's a man" exchange.
>>
File: 281x7ow.jpg (233KB, 1099x1600px) Image search: [Google]
281x7ow.jpg
233KB, 1099x1600px
>>8994088
That's kinda cute of you grandparents! But the rest, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yeah, I feel you.

I went to Japan with my mom a few years ago because she was going to join this garden tour group in Kyoto after seeing Tokyo and Nagano and I was interested in going back to Japan anyway for vacation. Don't get me wrong, for the most part everything was great, but you know, she's my mom, so of course it's not going to be all roses.
>"Jacuzzi, look at what she's WEARING oh my god." She comments in a normal-volume voice.
>"Jacuzzi, that guy is totally gay!!" She remarks about the man sitting in front of us on the subway
>"MOTHER, PLEASE!! Don't make comments about people when they can HEAR you!"
>"But I'm speaking English, they can't understand."
>MOTHER NO, STOP PLEASE

>"Jacuzzi, what does that sign say?"
>The sign is in all kanji. My Japanese is maaaaybe at a kindergarden level.
>"Um… something…something… mountain… street. Sorry, there's too much kanji. It's just the name of this street though."
>"Why can't you read it? I thought you knew Japanese."
>Repeat many times over throughout the trip.
Later:
>"Jacuzzi, what does that sign say?"
>"Let's see… Oh! 'Castle straight ahead. 800 meters.'"
>"It doesn't say that! Don't make things up!"
So I'm supposed be able to read all Japanese, but when I can actually read something, I'm reading it wrong.

My family doesn't do this anymore, thank goodness.
>"Why do you like Japan so much? Don't you know they treat women like dirt?"
>"Well, the sexual inequality is a prob—"
>"Don't support a country like that!"
>"It's not entirely sexist, but there are definitely things that—"
>"The Japanese are terrible! They have done TERRIBLE things! Haven't you heard of the Rape of Nanking?"
Yes. It's disgustingly horrible, and no one should give them a pass on that, but pretty much EVERY country has war atrocities???
>>
>>8994673
I cringed but I'm glad they've changed their ways somewhat?
>>
>>8994605
That must have been fun. The first time my aunts and grandma saw a picture of Mana (during Christmas, when my room was locked so they wouldn't go in, but they ended up stealing the key from my bag 'to go see what our little girl's been up to!!!') it was a shitshow. My grandma still firmly believes it's one of those demonic emo girls, my aunts think I'm experimenting with performance art or theater makeup or some shit, and my parents now think I'm a lesbian (???).
Hooray for religion, I guess.
>>
>>8994042
Chiming in with the I don't drink troubles. I used to drink moderately, but I never was a hard partier nor an alcoholic and it lasted like a year. Then about two years ago, I quit drinking all together mainly because my kidneys suck and even a few beers would send them into "OMG WE'RE DYING" mode (not diabetic so IDK what's going on). Explaining this to my redneck friends is like banging my head against a wall.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 257x373px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 257x373px
I got one. Not embarrassing per se, but it was kind of akward.
>Going to convention dressed as Richard mask Jacket.
>Managed to get a few small speakers into my jacket to play hotline Miami music
>Mom sees my cosplay and assumes I'm going as a murderous mascot from a school.
>She doesn't really ask why, just confused.
>Also have tape recorder of Jacket lines from payday 2.
>Mother still questions why "I'm going as a furry Jason Vorhees."
I love my mother to death. I just wish she wouldn't call it that.
>Get to con
>Find friends there, a few don't know who I am cosplaying.
>Play voice lines over tape recorder.
>"Do you know what time it is?" .jpg
>Two friends leave me alone with my other friends because they think I am a freak.
Well fuck you too.
>MFW I get pulled aside by a cute Nidalee cosplayer, have her pull my mask off and yell back to her friend "See, I knew he was cute!"
Good times man.
>>
>at big fantasy costume event
>was originally supposed to go with a friend but she couldn't come
>mom wants to know what her daughter gets up to nowadays so she buys friend's ticket from her and tags along with me
>mostly makes the expected normie mom comments, e.g. "Ooh what's this costume from? And that one? Are these from your animays or from that scary Throne show you kids watch? I'm glad you don't dress like that, anon! (pointing at girl with butt hanging out)"
>at one point we run into someone wearing a really nice werewolf mask
>they were dressed as the wolf-dressed-as-grandma from little red riding hood, really well made costume with legit scary mask
>when my mom sees him she starts pulling on my sleeve, points and yells out quite loudly "Oh anon I know what that is! That's a Furby! One of those people who wants to have sex with animals!"
>>
>>8986440
geez, fuck her
>>
File: 1314785992667.png (270KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1314785992667.png
270KB, 480x360px
>>8994951
>That's a Furby! One of those people who wants to have sex with animals!
That was unexpected. My sides
>>
File: nyaa.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
nyaa.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>8939282
first time on cgl and oh my god you are autistic as fuck.
what >>8940311 said.
>>
File: romans.png (208KB, 936x540px) Image search: [Google]
romans.png
208KB, 936x540px
>>8983364
>>8983446
>>8983683
>>8988820
fucking plebs.
>>
>>8988928
personally i wouldnt care, iam not sure what people expect them to say, like mid conversation are they expected to tell every guy who talks to them that they have a penis.
>>
>TFW when you realize that you dated that girl cosplaying David.
>>
>>8994673
I get the 'I know you speak Japanese' shit all the time too. The best part is I can barely read a handful of kanji, only numbers and a couple of others. Living near my dumb as fuck family is great fun.
>Anon can you translate these instructions in Korean? You speak Japanese.
>Why do they have funny signs for words in Japanese? It'd be so much easier for them to speak English!
>I want to eat sushi, you order it anon! Go on, I'll say Konnichiwa to the waiter for you if you do it!!!!!
>Why do they like prostitutes so much? A guy I knew went to Japan and said they like renting them Geishas out to whole parties...
>You should tape your eyes back and wear a bathrobe to your friend's party! She'll think it's hilarious. I'll go message them on Facebook to say you're going as a hooker.
>Hey I need you to translate this clip with a ton of puns and guys talking faster than light, it's twenty minutes long, you can understand everything right???
>Can you translate my Chinese tattoo? It's ancient wisdom. While you're at it how about you write me something cool in Japanese for my next tattoo?

FUCK. OFF.
>>
>>8996648
>Can you translate my Chinese tattoo?
All I can picture is that scene from Moon Child where the clueless foreign guy got a Japanese tattoo that he was so proud to show off that he swore said ninja/samurai or something like that and it really said 'kitchen'.
>>
>>8990268
Does anyone else remember reading these years ago? I feel old seeing how no one's mentioned it.
>>
>>8997122
Turns out I just can't read actually, hah.
>>
>>8996448
That's Dirk tho
>>
>>8996648
Time to tell your racist-ass family to fuck off.
>>
>>8989094 here,

>>8989124

I agree, hitting on your friends daughter is really creepy, as is hitting on somebody massively younger than you. I wasn't specifying their case, but the more general case.
>>
>>8997227
NAYRT but where I live that isn't even really considered racist. My coworkers started doing the ching chong talk at me when they learned that I get most of my clothes from Japan, and when I brought it up to HR they pretty much told me that as a white girl it wasn't my place to complain and unless an actual Asian person had a problem with it they wouldn't do anything. There are very few East Asian people in my country, so I guess they're considered fair game.
>>
>>8942219
>politely say yes and assure him I do it for fun and my costumes are tame and non-sexy, b/c you know, church.
that was unnecessary in what appears to be a completely innocent question that just shows sympathy and interest. Stop being a paranoid cunt.
>>
>>8976776
people have kids but refuse to change their lives accordingly. nothing new
>>
>>8942219

Lmao overcompensating much?
>>
>>8984388
Every single one of you are spineless "friends". Not only you allowed A to make tantrums and bully his brother around you also allowed A to got away it with and ruin the event for everyone else.

Maybe A is the way he is because he is surrounded by enablers like you and your group. People need to be assertive about their feelings and consequences others have from their actions. It is not hard, you're not in an anime and real people don't act like that, you should have said something to A because he is actually ordering you around (not only his brother) and berating you. there was no need for the drama to escalate
>>
>>8998599
That reminds me of my mother who will introduce me as
>this is my daughter Anon she wears pretty dresses that are called lolita but it's not a sex thing!!!!!
GDI mom, I know you mean well but nobody asked.
>>
>>8940703
>>8940681
Facebook is one of the most dodgiest thing around as far as privacy and tracking you.

Not related to the topic, but a story of Facebook and dodgy shit.
>few months ago one of my water pumps shits its self
>live on farm, need pump to water stock
>call pump guy to come out and fix it
>he comes out and does his job
>never met him before this
>later that night I check my FB and notice that I have a new notification
>notification is from FB, asking if I know "Jordan Pump Guy"
>I didn't post anything on FB about my pump
>Check his profile, he didn't post anything about my pump
>We have like 2 mutual friends
>Nothing that would suggest to anyone that we know each other
>Only guess I have as to how FB came to ask if I knew pump guy was that they were tracking his phone and some how not only figured out he was at my place, but also where my place is, because I've never given them my address
>>
>>8998573
That makes me REALLY mad. "It's okay that they're racist, because there is no one of that race here?"
>>
>>8998573
what the fuck?? where do you live?
>>
>>8998573
Where do you live? At my company in CA, I'm the one who schedules people for required training including harassment and sensitivity. Having seen that thing a bunch of times, here you DON'T have to be the actual target to have a legit complaint, if its making a "hostile work environment" that's enough.
>>
>>8956464
cute af senpai.
>>
>>8998668
or he searched for you on FB. people who creep sometimes show up as a suggested friend
>>
>>8990408
You sound like an entitled little fuck.

Did you ever stop to think that maby your parents have latched on to you interest in Japan, because they want to be a part of your life? That they want to be good parents and get you nice things that they think you'll like, but for one reason or another they don't know as much about you or your interests as they'd like. So they latch on to the one thing that they do know about you.

I love Star Wars. Almost everyone who knows me, knows that. In High School I was that kid who could "write in Star Wars language" because I learnt how to write using Aurebesh/Galactic Basic (All it was, was learning that this symbol is A, this one is B, this one is C...).
For Christmas last year, my sister got me a bunch of Star Wars merch. Most of it was from the new movie. We don't talk much, so Star Wars is probably the one thing she defiantly knows I like. Thing is, I didn't like the new movie. No, actually I fucking hated the new movie. But the only time I even said that was on Facebook, just after coming out of the midnight premiere and that post was deleted soon after, so she wouldn't have see it.

Or I could point you to my 19th birthday. I worked in the kitchen of a pub/restaurant at the time. While I was sociable and would engage with my co-workers, I never really talked too much about myself or my interests. Hell these people were probable some of the few that didn't know of my love for Star Wars. One of the few things they did know about me was that when I followed the Football (Aussie Rules) I supported the Essendon Bombers. So when said birthday swung around, they got me a Bombers card and a couple of small bits of Essendon merch as gifts.

My point is, that even if I was disappointed with/didn't like/had not real use for the presents, I understand that as far as they were aware, those were the best things to get me.
>>
File: 1462696597557.png (50KB, 209x201px) Image search: [Google]
1462696597557.png
50KB, 209x201px
>>8940316
Autism, that's what you are.
>>
>>8998979
Holy shit how mad did you get to have to write all this
>>
>>8994038

Oh, I assume from the cheese youre WI as well. God damn is it hard to refuse a drink around here. People will keep insisting that you take one too. Had to deal with that and still do even when I tell people I'm driving and am uncomfortable having anything to drink when I have to drive any point later in the night, they just keep hounding.
>>
>>8988073
Whenever I hear things like this, and I think of how unaccepting my own family was with my hobbies, I just get this desire to become a foster mom. I don't need my own kids, I want to take in and help as many kids as possible and be accepting and supportive of their gender identity, sexuality, hobbies, dreams, everything. My jimmies get so rustled whenever I come across all of this. Screw all your parents, I'll be your parents. I'm adopting everyone and I'm going to mom the fuck out of all of you.
>>
>>8998979
>didn't like the new star wars movie

stopped reading there
>>
>>8940418
post pics or didnt happen
>>
Got a drinking one too
>soccer is HUGE in my country
>friend throws a party to celebrate our team going into the finals for the first time in ages
>decide to go, haven't seen friend in almost a year
>sit down by the TV to watch the match
>suddenly friend hands me a shot
>friend knows I don't drink, 50/50 Asian genes making me shitfaced instantly and I just think it's gross
>"um you know I don't drink"
>"anon just try it, it's delicious!"
>no thanks
>try it!
>friend, no
>TRY IT
>drink it in hopes she'll leave me alone
>spit it up instantly
>jesus fucking christ that's disgusting
>go to pour it away
>sit back down, she immediately pours me another one???
>friend, stop, I can't drink this stuff
>ANON WHY CAN'T YOU JUST GET DRUNK LIKE ALL OF US AND HAVE A GOOD TIME FOR ONCE
>decide there's no helping her, feed all my alcohol to a classmate
>classmate gets drunk off his ass and vomits in the hall
>end the evening with friend telling me TMI stories about her boyfriends penis while crying over how sick she feels after drinking so much
>yes good times
>our team also lost

and one more board-related:
>years ago, find lolita
>immediately in love, decide to tell parents
>parents are super open minded, let me wear shitty mallgoth crap to school, figure they won't mind this either
>tell them all about the new style I found during dinner
>they're nearly as excited about it as I am
>feel good about myself
>after dinner, suddenly my stepfather drags me to the livingroom
>"anon, I couldn't tell with your mother there but you need to know something"
>he tells me lolita isn't a fashion style at all, it's in fact a fetish style worn by Japanese child geisha prostitutes for orgies
>wtf
>try to tell him it's not
>he doesn't believe me
>get saved by mother who came to get us drinks, who slaps his arm and tells him to quit raining on my parade
>6 months, three dresses and a meetup later, stepfather finally believes it might just in fact be a fashion style
>>
>>9001098

>friend knows I don't drink, 50/50 Asian genes making me shitfaced instantly and I just think it's gross

Alcohol itself is such a broad term, or at least has so many flavours, its like saying food is gross.

>sit back down, she immediately pours me another one???

But this... this is such a fucking major dick move.
>>
>>8998979
What the fuck are you on about? I didn't even read your whole thing since its such bullshit but I have no idea why you think I apparently "hate my parents" or "dont want them in my life or to share my interests". I obviously do given that I make it an effort to cook for them constantly and spend time with them. I never told them that I hate whatever they get me because I don't. But you know damn well if your parents try to get you some "asian silverwear" and bring back normal forks and spoons you're gonna have a "what?" thought go through your mind.

Maybe you should fix your own issues before you spray your salt and autism everywhere.
>>
>>9001098
All the 'You need drinks if you're going to have a good time stop being such a stuck up shit and drink already!!!' people I've met have been the most irritating shits to be around at a party. I don't drink, not even a sip, and magically still have fun. I don't care if you go just to get shitfaced, you do you, but leave me the fuck alone. It's not like I'm flinging bibles about and telling people to stop this hellish pastime.
I've stopped going to parties I know these people will be at because I always end up having to babysit them. If you can totally hold your drink fucking hold it instead of whining about how I'm no fun then puking all over your dog.
They also seem to be the most insecure people ever, they're fine while sober but once the alcohol sets in they transform into walking sob stories held together with paranoia and Facebook stalking.

And on topic story:
>Sorting through old lolita, find a few of my awful first pieces have gone
>I'm confused but not that upset, why leave my nice IW and AP and take hotglued lace monsters instead?
>'Oh anon! Your cousin came over the other day and I said she could have your clothes for dressing up in!'
>You what
>'They're those cheap dresses right? You wouldn't mind!'
>Mfw I would gladly have given her the dresses and more IF SHE'D ASKED ME
>'Oh she didn't ask! I just said she could have them, oh and I gave her some of your sample things too... and a few old books... and some of that resin stuff you like so much... I thought she looked sad so it's okay!'
>And now I have to go get my shit back while trying not to upset my cousin, shit will be fun
>>
>>9001098
>fetish style worn by Japanese child geisha prostitutes for orgies
As horrible as it is, I want to know where he got that idea in the first place.

Reminds me of my biological father's grandmother though.

>father's gran is a religious woman who's also a librarian
>I was a huge booknerd child in middle school when Harry Potter came out
>cue the entire conservative Christian community denouncing the book as satan's work, basically like the Pokemon Paranoia 2.0
>hey I like witches and magic and shit, lemme go get the book from the library!
>grandmother is working in the children's section and sees me going for the Harry Potter
>grabs me by the arm and snatches the book from me
>"Now anon if you want me to give you this book and let you read it, you have to promise me you won't believe anything in it. It's all fake and you love Jesus, right?"
>reluctantly have to agree
>finally get to read Harry Potter with grandmother looming like a hawk every time I went back for the newest release just looking for signs of me going to the dark side
>doesn't bat a freaking eye when I check out five Anne Rice books at one time at the age of 13

Also for the longest time before I came out I'd have to body block the book search terminals when looking for one of the ten books in the entire library labeled as LGBT fiction because I thought for sure she'd sudden loom over me or go behind me and read what I had been searching for. Having a librarian for a grandmother was the worst.
>>
>>9001250
Just straight up tell her that your mother didn't ask you before handing her the stuff and some of it is important and you need it back for X or Y reason.

Also your mom is a dick.
>>
File: 1386443952874.gif (962KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1386443952874.gif
962KB, 500x375px
>get cosplay stuff in the mail
>trying it on
>mom comes in
>asks what it is for
>tell her it's for a convention for Japanese cartoons
>"You mean anime anon?"

I love you mom
>>
>>8988111
I'm not that anon but where I live is super liberal and so saying that "suchandsuch is a basement dweller who supports Trump" is pretty much the norm when it comes to insults here, even for people well into their 60s and such. They're pretty much exactly the same as the kind of people in the south who say "suchandsuch is a godless heathen that supports Bernie" but with the labels and politicians switched around.
>>
>>9001598
Adding on to that, having a Trump sticker on your car here will get your car vandalized as well. Or wearing a "make America great again" hat will get you beat up.

I'm not a Trump supporter at all but I swear these people have no self awareness to what they're doing while yelling about how they're so progressive and tolerant
>>
>>9001250
You should give your mom's shit away, bitches won't learn till they've gone through it
>>
>>8973747
>Had a friend in high school name her daughter Inu-Yasha
>name her daughter Inu-Yasha
>daughter

Why did I ever have any faith in mankind?
>>
>>9000897
But it sucked.

Anyways I get the point of his post. It's the thought that counts.
>>
>>9001598
Yeah that's how it is in my area as well. Being a social outcast/outlier immediately gets you labeled as a right-wing sexist/racist/etc. Adult society is just high school politics on a different scale, the cool kids are the cool kids regardless of their politics.
>>
>>8973747
please tell stories about this. please
>>
>>9001648
Im sorry can we talk about this for a second. Shits scaring me now.
>>
>>8992503
>the entire retired national football team of our country
holy shit lol
>>
>>9001648
Maybe they're hoping the daughter's going to turn out being genderspecial?
>>
File: Mango japanese squid porn.jpg (64KB, 1001x414px) Image search: [Google]
Mango japanese squid porn.jpg
64KB, 1001x414px
>>8970942
>mango
>japanese squid porn
>>
>>8976616
... what state u in anon
>>
>>8982556
Anon this is almost me except, my parents are... rednecks.

My mother is so disappointed that I ended up being "a fucking weirdo" and "just like my father" who she divorced when I was a baby. She refused to let me play Zelda games until I was 17 because they were apparently his favorite. She got uppity when I bought myself a new gaming PC (at age 22) because HE bought himself one recently and she stalks him on facebook... still....

But my dad (stepdad) slowly started watching me when I'm sewing, or playing games, etc. and he's actually impressed with what I can do. He's still kinda quiet and weird about it, but I think he's proud that I'm doing something that I like to do, and I'm putting my time into learning new skills to do it? He doesn't even scoff at hotel costs anymore, and he offered to help me build some complex props that required the use of his power tools. He might just have been looking for an excuse to use his power tools, though.
>>
>>8994951
Fuck, my normie dad also called some furry a furby.
>>
>>8939282
Quit being a weirdo bitch, is it that horrible that she likes your tacky outfits? What are you going to do next, call your grandma and her friend a creeper?
You should be happy shes setting you up on a date, at least you'll know the kid is a family friend and not a total stranger
>>
>>9008220
>implying anyone wants an elder of any kind finding them dating prospects much less using costume photos
>>
>>9008251
Uhm.. why not?
>>
File: 1443761035451.gif (497KB, 312x205px) Image search: [Google]
1443761035451.gif
497KB, 312x205px
>>9008253
How stupid are you not to know why finding a date using a cosplay photo is a bad idea? Or are you just one of those "I only want hawt otaku women that understand me!" boys?
>>
>>9008257
How retarded are you to think a comic book fan is going to find a problem with meeting a cosplayer?
>>
>>9008264
How retarded are you to think that everyone introduced to you by an elder is magically going to be just like you?

>Have you heard of this thing called Comicon? Perfect! Look at this costume photo, she's good looking right? Let me introduce you!

I mean, you may not even like comics and all this person knows of you is that you dress up weird and his auntie thinks she's nice. Your auntie would think any girl not pregnant or drugged out would be nice and perfect for you even if all she knows if her name and who her relatives are.
>>
>>9007968
Your mom sounds fucking nuts.
Your stepdad is pretty cool though. I wish I had a fatherly figure who could build props with me
>>
>>9008264
how retarded are you to think that cosplayers want to meet the sperglords that comic book fans generally are?
>>
>>9008280
>>9008375
How retarded are both of you not to like someone with similar interests or knows more about them better than either of you posers?
Meeting a nice kid that your family knows? Pffff who wants that, someone your parents can trust doesn't make any sense to a couple of airheads evidently
>>
File: 1435978328324.png (175KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1435978328324.png
175KB, 480x368px
>>8983683
I know I'm super late but holy shit this is my parents. I came out to them (MtF) and my father straight up said 'no you're not, you're probably just gay or confused about sex" because apparently I need to have fucked a girl to know I don't want to be a dude.
They also totally did the guilt trip thing, saying how awful it'd be for them.
[spoiler]I'm still not out to everyone because I work minimum wage and can't afford medication yet[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Hopefully college co-op will let me support myself[/spoiler]
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.