[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itt dresses that are so-called "legendary" or the most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 49

File: btssb - kuragehime.jpg (95KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
btssb - kuragehime.jpg
95KB, 480x640px
discuss them

>do you have any as your dream dresses?
>have you ever seen so-called legendary/'unicorn' dresses show up in the wild?
>do you own any considered extremely rare or extremely expensive (or both)?
>if so, share details about obtaining them or how you used/wore them, any interesting stories? (bonus for detail photos)
>what would you trade for them (to own or to let them go), if any? or what price would you sell them at, if at all?
>discuss hypothetical rereleases
>anything else that fits the topic

>pic very related
>>
File: puppetcircus.jpg (64KB, 800x674px) Image search: [Google]
puppetcircus.jpg
64KB, 800x674px
Puppet Circus usually goes for $1000+
((I'm gonna post some expensive dresses to get this thread going because it seems interesting))
>>
File: 3000dollar.jpg (90KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
3000dollar.jpg
90KB, 300x400px
That $3000 Juliette et Justine wedding dress was pretty wild
>>
>>8937540
>$3000
holy fuck what
>>
File: image.jpg (442KB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
442KB, 598x800px
Someday.
Not even sure the current price estimate but this is my preferred cut and colorway. I'd take any cut in this colorway though
>>
>>8937535
I'd be worried about the foil print on velvet flaking or being creased because it's old but I love it in black.
>>
File: BDSAD.jpg (148KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BDSAD.jpg
148KB, 600x600px
Is this a Baby wedding dress, it's currently selling for $4000
>>
>>8937566
>Is this a Baby wedding dress
yup, kind of. it's one of their more expensive OTT dresses anyway, not sure if it's worth 4k though
>>
File: primeva.jpg (94KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
primeva.jpg
94KB, 480x640px
The dresses I'm currently looking at are making Scarlet Primavera Waltz look cheap at $1000
>>
>>8937518
OP's pic is mine.
It's so damn rare I've yet to see it on a second hand market.
Hell, are there any worn pictures?
>>
File: 6000dollarhell.jpg (148KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
6000dollarhell.jpg
148KB, 480x640px
I think this was originally sold at over $1000 from Baby but resells for more (it's pretty rare so the only sale on Lacemarket was for $6000)
>>
File: moite.jpg (64KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
moite.jpg
64KB, 500x460px
Don't understand the appeal of it, do Moitie Iron Gate OPs still go for around $1500
>>
>>8937579
there was this one (old?) single bad worn photo of some unknown chinese girl wearing it with house slippers in a very lazy coord
it's literally the only one most of us know of
(i'd post it but i can't find it now, damn)
>>
>>8937535
>>8937559
These two just seem so damn plain to me. I get that they're rare and stuff but jfc I don't think I would ever pay that much for something that seems so basic.
>>
>itt dresses that are so-called "legendary"

I read that title as 'ita' dresses. Next to that picture I'm not sure I'm wrong tbqh.
>>
>>8937672
>this girl doesn't know shit tbqh.
>>
File: tumblr_n9lti8HSdT1s5bliio2_1280.jpg (282KB, 670x401px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9lti8HSdT1s5bliio2_1280.jpg
282KB, 670x401px
Juliette et Justine Premier de Ekaterina, ¥199,800. It's made from silk though.
>>
>>8937518
>ita
>kuragehime

first of all, how dare you
>>
File: kuragehime-dress.jpg (283KB, 1456x1095px) Image search: [Google]
kuragehime-dress.jpg
283KB, 1456x1095px
>>8937672
>someone obviously hasn't heard of kuragehime
egl may have hated on it when it was first released, for incredibly stupid reasons but since then times have very much changed and quite a number of lolitas have fallen in love with this dress (and the Kuragehime series it was based from). many have it as their holy grails because it's now a literal unicorn (has never appeared for sale even once since) but also because it's actually quite gorgeous in its details. at least try to know what you're talking about.

>tfw people in this day and age still call entire actually nice older dresses "ita" based on shit preferences such as "too oldschool" (while drooling over shit bodyline and taobao or all of the latest popular releases) or "too much lace" (too stuck in the oldschool mentality) or "i don't like it, therefore it's ita"
>>
>>8937559
>current price estimate
It's fucking everywhere between $200-$2000
OP>JSK>short skirt>long skirt
BxW>WxB>BxN
>>
>>8937746
i've also noticed this
seems the value is dropping lately?
>>
>>8937739
Kuragehime should be required reading/watching for this board.
>>
>>8937739
This. Much fussing about it being an ugly burando lace monster when it was released, I remember. Because super OTT ruffly lacy, thisistoomuchononedress and zomgexpensive one-offs had not begun yet or maybe just a couple had ever been released. So it was quite an oddity.

But modern noobs from the past couple of years calling it 'ita' for the detail are just ignorant because so many elaborate pieces have come out since and as >>8937739 said, it's the unicorn of lolita fashion.

>>8937603
>>8937619
With Iron Gate, either you 'get it' or you don't. Similar with Puppet Circus. They are both iconic and hold meaning and memories to many who are older in the fashion.

If I were new to Lolita, I'd probably have mostly a TaoBao wardrobe but instead, I buy new burando releases as they come out when I like them and I've got a list of about 6 older dresses to track down still and yeah, my purse will bleed from a couple.
>>
File: kuragehime1.jpg (190KB, 656x648px) Image search: [Google]
kuragehime1.jpg
190KB, 656x648px
>>8937756
I concur.
>>
>>8937518
Chinese Gossip (I think) said one Singapore girl who desperately wanted it for her wedding had a standing WTB 'name your price' for it for quite a while but no one ever has offered it.
>>
>>8937749
I hope so. All I know is that they don't get sold right away anymore. I'm personally waiting for the BxW short skirt to pop up.
>>
>>8937607
Maybe it was such a huge flop that the release got canceled and the one pic we have seen is some rando who got hold of the sample version?
>>
>>8937760
>But modern noobs from the past couple of years calling it 'ita' for the detail are just ignorant because so many elaborate pieces have come out since
This. I mean, I can understand if it came in terrible clashing colors with a cut that looked very poorly fitting, but it doesn't look like such at all. Not to mention loads of nice details are the new 'in' trend right now with OTT classic, some examples of which have already been posted in this thread, like >>8937566 and >>8937572. Granted those are some of the most expensive dresses one can get for OTT classic, but yeah. And Kuragehime isn't even very OTT now when you compare it to newer shit like Scarlet Primavera, most Baby wedding dresses, and those recent AP anniversary releases that seem to be immitating said Baby wedding dresses.
>>
>>8937775
if that's the case then she's probably one of the luckiest lolitas ever because damn, the price some would offer for that dress
>including me
>>
The one unicorn dress I own is my black Elizabeth OP. It's pretty rare, as I don't think anyone had any idea that the colourway existed, but I have no idea how much it would sell for and probably never will, since I don't plan on selling it.
>>
>>8937784
I think I know who you are. (Hi.)
Still keeping an eye out for it myself, though I haven't seen it pop up since learning the colorway existed. I think it was mentioned on lolibrary though under various Elizabeth entries?
>>
File: ribbon.jpg (111KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
ribbon.jpg
111KB, 900x675px
First release can go for $2000, second goes for around $800, also it's a status piece
(I like it)
>>
>>8937746
Wasn't sure because not ready to spend over about $500 on it quite yet. (Dream on, I know)

I was ignoring the market for a while hoping it would come down at least a bit by this October/November when people usually start unloading older stuff to prepare to grab new holiday dresses.
>>
>>8937788
Hello, yes, I'm probably who you think I am!

The Lolibrary entry was changed after I posted here about finding it and being confused, since I wasn't sure if it was a colourway that even existed. Raine Dragon dug it up on the wayback machine, but it was apparently an MTO, along with several other colourways.
>>
>>8937792
I predict this particular one will come down in price by year's end now that Misako's popularity has taken a hit with her continued involvement with AM since part of the reason it's so popular is because it's her fave and she supposedly 'helped design it' (meaning she probably just said, I like ribbon motif best, make big ribbon). Kek
>>
>>8937801
It's actually gone up a bit, some sold at $550 when the rereleases first arrived but now it's already hitting $800 again on LM.
>Most of the ones ~so offended~ and overly upset with Misako on FB are salty bitches anyway, you have to admit.
In the end it's a nice dress and a rare MTO collab, so it'll probably continue to go up in price. Besides, most of us know AM is likely pulling shit behind the scenes anyway to get Misako to keep supporting them, (including contract shit most likely) but let's not let this go too off-topic with AM shit, there's other threads for that.
>>
>>8937806
It will be interesting one to watch in any case, I agree, and not trying to derail but my reasoning included it so just a mention. I don't find it a good topic on its own either, that's why I'm over here looking at the fancy dresses not down there salt mining. :^)

I'm wondering what will happen with the MTO fancy dresses and how many are actually made and how rare they will become.
>>
>>8937811
>I'm wondering what will happen with the MTO fancy dresses and how many are actually made and how rare they will become.
same. it's quite interesting actually especially after hearing from >>8937798 that even the original Elizabeth from 2001, from before Kamikaze Girls in 2002-2004, was an MTO.
>>
>>8937749
Personally I think it's not as desired anymore but sellers still think it's worth much.
>>
>>8937739
>>8937760
>>8937778

Actually, I'm finding it ita because of, specifically,
- the dangling pearls (I'm aware it can be removed, but it was designed this way and looks clumsy).
- the giant bow tails go past the hem (same reason people hate on peignoirs that go past the hem)
- the top portion of the bodice being too long -- I don't think a raglan sleeve was the right way to go with this bodice, it makes the boob portion look too long and then there's the underboob ruffle that looks even clumsier.
- I _like_ the ruffles, in fact I think it being a rufflemonster is the only redeeming feature.

Additionally. y'all talk like only people who don't understand kuragehime think this dresss is ita. It's canon in the manga that this dress was made by noobs who didn't know what they were doing, they patterned the dress by having Tsukimi trace around Kuranosuke while he lay on the floor, then couldn't figure out why the skirt looked the way it did. The "ruffles" were added when they gored the skirt so that they could add poof to it, so I always imagine the ruffles as raw, unfinished fabric. The pearls were a random thing Tsukimi did in a dash of overenthusiastic weebness. I bet she didn't even know to knot between pearls. The Btssb version isn't even pretty, and it's certainly not accurate to the manga or the anime, so I don't know what you're all getting your panties in a twist over.

I hate at least half of the Btssb rufflemonsters as well, so I don't see how hating on the Kuragehime OP is being inconsistent either.

I don't really mind if it's your dream dress, but if even a lot of newbies who are now used to Btssb OTT MTOs are still saying it's ita, you may just have to accept that it's not everybody's cup of tea. It works out better for you anwyay, the dress is rare enough as it is so you don't really want the whole of cgl in a bidwar with you once it pops up for sale. (Unless you're the seller, I'm assuming you're not).

sage for long-winded OT.
>>
>>8937566
It's being offered for that price, yes. Seller is an unknown though and that's well over double the release price. No proof photos nor feedback either. So I don't think it's an accurate representation of the market value at all.
>>
>>8937770
I remember, she was offering $5,000 or something like that, with a $100 prize to anyone who tipped her off on where it was being sold
>>
>>8937871
so basically you're being overly nitpicky while disguising your nitpickiness as the dress being "ita", got it
additionally, most of what you described here (even how it was "made" in the manga) is what those who do like it are charmed by.
>>
File: 1403178143053.png (246KB, 277x530px) Image search: [Google]
1403178143053.png
246KB, 277x530px
>>8937579
sadly..
this girl has a tumblr. I want to find it so i can hound her for close up photos
>>
>>8937871
>"looks clumsy"
>"people hate on peignoirs that go past the hem"
>"i don't think" -
>"only redeeming feature"
>"The Btssb version isn't even pretty"
all subjective. Just like how you're saying "it's not everybody's cup of tea", it may well be someone's cup of tea.
and anyhow aren't you getting your panties in a twist, too? at the end of the day it's just usually seen as a subjectively pretty dress with subjectively pretty details which just so happens to be based on a popular and loved manga.
>>
>>8937894
but does she really have a tumblr? i've just seen this one photo floating around cgl, never on tumblr.
>>
>>8937891

Chill out, anon.

- The reason I described the manga scene is because the comments I replied to seemed to think only people who didn't read/watch kuragehime hate this dress. Well I did read the manga and watched the anime, I'm still following the scanlations, and I remember exactly how this dress was created offhand because I have the feels about it myself, and I still hate this dress. It's possible to be a fan of the story and still hate this dress.

- The reason I listed why I hated this dress (what you call nitpicking) is because the comments bring up Btssb's other OTT rufflemonsters. So I pointed out exactly what about this dress differs from Btssb's other OTT rufflemonsters to say that no, I don't just hate it because it's too much OTT and expensive. I hate it because it's ugly.

- The reason I pointed out newbies is because they're used to OTT rufflemonsters that cost a bomb by now, so for them to say it's still ita is an interesting fact.

Maybe it sounds harsh to you because you want everyone to like what you like. For what it's worth I'm not trying to antagonise you or tell you your dream dress is shit. I'm still in love with Chess Chocolate while most of cgl thinks of it as that replica every ita has, so I, too, have my dream dresses that everybody hates as well. I'm trying to point out that the comments against the people who dislike the dress are wrong. That's all.

May you find your jellyfish dress someday and find great joy in owning it. Even if no one else loves it but you (and that chinese girl).
>>
>>8937909
I found her originally on tumblr, but forgot her page, and sadly reverse image search doesnt bring it up.
>>
>>8937792
I can't bring myself to like any version of this dress after rubanchat/Silke own so many of them. I followed her long enough to be sick of this dress. And anyone who ever followed her knows how annoying she is with Favourite Ribbon.
>>
>>8937906

That's kind of the point, anon. I'm pointing out that I hate the dress for very different reasons than "anons didn't read the manga" or "hated on for being an OTT rufflemonster before they were common".

The comment is just long because I figured it'd carry more weight if I described things in detail. You know somebody's going to nitpick with me anyway if all I said was "some of us hate the dress for more than just those two reasons", so here you have the details on why I dislike the dress -- and all the reasons have nothing to do with not reading the manga or not being used to OTT MTOs.

Again, not trying to antagonise you. Just pointing out that "anons didn't read the manga" or "OTT monster before its time" is not the reason some of us dislike it, particularly myself.
>>
>>8937912
what crawled up your vag and died?
>"For what it's worth I'm not trying to antagonise you" "Even if no one else loves it but you"
>except you're being condescending and salty as hell
also you're acting like it's just one person who doesn't share your opinion when it's obvious that's not the case here
>>
>>8937930

I must admit I was slightly antagonized by the "haters didn't read kuragehime, they aren't true fans and will never understand" style of commentary that accompanied the dress. Well, I read manga and still like it, and I still hate this dress. Mostly that's the feeling that's colouring my replies, I think. What exactly do you expect me to do, it's not like I can turn around and like a fugly dress just because it's an inaccurate and fugly collab. You like it, great, I hate, now what?

I answered three comments in my initial post, I actually think there are at least three girls who like this dress. But even if it was one, I still wish them to find their dream dress and find joy in owning it.

I think I'll just openly bash on the dress next time. It seems to be easier.
>>
File: 17580-620x-baby[1].jpg (80KB, 620x419px) Image search: [Google]
17580-620x-baby[1].jpg
80KB, 620x419px
>>8937930
I honestly made this for shits and giggles

http://strawpoll.me/7225993
>>
>>8937940
10/10
>>
>>8937937
ok we get it, you hate it for nitpicky reasons to the point where you'd openly bash it, even though it being "ita" and the reasons why are subjective.
can we move on now?
>>
File: 34SleeveOPwpants-bxw.jpg (64KB, 267x442px) Image search: [Google]
34SleeveOPwpants-bxw.jpg
64KB, 267x442px
>>8937738
ITT, not ita; buy glasses

I like the OP dress, but I'm not really into the hype since I'm a newfag.

obligatory HD mention goes here; isn't meta's airline dress pretty rare in some colours as well or am I misremembering?
>>
>>8937948
Pink is on y! Auctions right now
>>
>>8937948
Yep, definitely a 'you get it or you don't' type of game here.
I'd sell someone's soul for the HD set in my preferred colorway. I'd sell two souls for Engelsbeginn.
>>
File: 1427335473835s.jpg (3KB, 125x111px) Image search: [Google]
1427335473835s.jpg
3KB, 125x111px
>>8937940
Wow, 9 votes so far and 100% think anon's a bitch!
>>
File: 1_125.jpg (64KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1_125.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
>>8937956
agreed, I highly prefer Engelsbeginn out of the two though I'm generally not into the nurse/medical theme

>new air stewardess dress when
>>
>>8937937
Maybe it was just annoying when we have one opinion, mentioned it in passing and you had to blablabla your disagreement so hard which is actually off topic for the thread and more than a little self absorbed considering it it just one opinion.

Can we have more rare dresses please and move on with the actual thread topic please? I have a few not-seen-often dresses on my wishlist but not sure they'd be either rare or terribly expensive so that's why I don't have a rare photo.
>>
File: iioyuoyoy.jpg (76KB, 609x481px) Image search: [Google]
iioyuoyoy.jpg
76KB, 609x481px
>>8937971
Here you go anon. Back on topic.
>>
File: 1450551415924.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1450551415924.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>8937940
>>8937963
>http://strawpoll.me/7225993
anon gets BTFO
>>
File: GGJf0.jpg (98KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
GGJf0.jpg
98KB, 636x900px
>>8937975
>>
>>8937979
How rare, how much $. Wow, that's just cool.
>>
File: UPOz0.jpg (98KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
UPOz0.jpg
98KB, 900x636px
>>8937979
>>
File: 9RvKE.jpg (105KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
9RvKE.jpg
105KB, 900x636px
>>8938002
...and the Kyoto special set in baby blue.
>>
>>8937778
Those are not OTT classic. They're sweet.
>>
>>8938114
I disagree. I think they are OTTClassic. They are more elegant and refined than young and fresh, take the details and silhouettes from more historical pieces and lack the essential cuteness necessary for sweet. Think which accessories and wigs you'd pair with them. If you added most sweet kinds of accessories in pastels and plastic, it would clash, ditto pastel wigs of OTT sweet but add pearls and gold, natural wigs or real hair and the accessories of classic, fit well.
>>
File: image.png (660KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
660KB, 800x800px
Harper Ensemble from Rouge Aerie.

So rare that it hasn't even been put on sale yet. Only one has been made.

What a masterpiece.
>>
>>8938144
Does indie and offbrand count? Any one of the indie designers can make a one-off but I don't think this dress will have the doors busting down for it.
>>
File: holyes.png (523KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
holyes.png
523KB, 595x842px
Not rare or expensive.. but this has to be the most legendary dress
>>
>>8938139
Not the anon you're replying to but because of the colour palette of the dresses, especially the first one, it's harder to coordinate as a classic coord
>>
>>8938155
I'll have mine one day
>>
>>8938155
Just the sight of this print wears me the fuck out.
>>
>>8938155
It is legendary in a sense. It had the craziest bloodbath at a rerelease and triggered various MTOs. I think it was the first time brands catered to their customers that much.

On another note, I wonder how much money AP made with all these HL orders.
>>
>>8937518
>>8937540
>>8937566
>>8937725

I'm being that guy, but I'm just gonna roll with it. These honestly just look like mid to high-end theatre costumes to me rather than wedding dresses or special occasion dresses, something about the fabric choices etc. I'm not even trying to get a rise here with the ol' 'hur dur lolita is a costume' thing, they just don't have the details, materials etc of a garment I would associate with higher end fashion.

>>8937572
This on the other hand, despite its ott flamboyance, seems to have enough small detailing going on to take it away from the 'theatre costume' look, where bold details and large bows etc are often favoured over details you can't appreciate from afar.
>>
>>8937756
>>8937763
The English version was recently published. Already read through 4 chapters.
>>
>>8937894
All that wasted potential...
>>
>>8937940
Kek/10
45% I like the dress and Anon's a bitch
>>
I own a few rare/unicorn dresses. I would post photos, but even saying which ones I have would reveal who I am.
>>
>>8938698
Then don't.
>>
>>8937948
The fucking hat for the airline series can be anywhere from $15-60, but it's almost never seen for sale, even less so than HD.
I just want my tacky airline stewardess outfit, GDI.
>>
File: w7d1s3.jpg (102KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
w7d1s3.jpg
102KB, 280x373px
does cats tea party count as legendary, i think it does
it used to go for so much but idk about it's current marketplace worth
>>
>>8938698
>Kate
>>
>>8938848
kek thought the same
>>
>>8938698
>but even saying which ones I have would reveal who I am.
not necessarily.
a lot of these kinds of dresses are at least owned by two to five active individuals if not more, or were in the past.
>>
>>8938848
>>8938853
adding even Kate's dresses have been owned by different individuals recently.
i know of at least five lolitas if not a few more with Scarlet Primavera, etc.
even Favorite Ribbon isn't that unique anymore with the recent rereleases, it's just still expensive and moderately rare due to that and it being MTOs/limited releases.
>>
>>8938814
same anon, same
I'd even take the eyesore colourway honestly, the thematic is just too good for my future line of work
>>
>>8938698
You have Midsummer night's dream
>>
>>8938865
? diff but anon, even i own some rare dresses along with a midsummer night's dream and i'm just a random anon
>>
>>8937975
This is my dream dress.
>>
>>8937801
Even though it's kind of "her dress", I just think it's a cute piece. I personally like it because of the red + pink mix and I'm sure other girls have their reasons too.
>>
>>8938839
It sold for 190000 yen just 5 days ago, if that's any gauge.

http://page22.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l343835791
>>
File: laprincessesucre.jpg (74KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
laprincessesucre.jpg
74KB, 280x373px
No mention of La Princesse Sucre?
>>
File: ap_2006_op_twinklemermaid.jpg (16KB, 232x313px) Image search: [Google]
ap_2006_op_twinklemermaid.jpg
16KB, 232x313px
Twinkle Mermaid. I think it's funny how they suddenly have started popping up regularly at decent prices the last couple of months
>>
File: AARRRGGGGHHHHHH.jpg (34KB, 255x288px) Image search: [Google]
AARRRGGGGHHHHHH.jpg
34KB, 255x288px
>>8937894
>NOT EVEN WEARING A PETTI
>>
>>8938861
Why does everyone treat Scarlet Primavera as a super shpeshul unicorn and people who own it are crazy brandwhores like Kate? I consider Primavera pretty popular for MTOs and not on the level of the Princess Jellyfish OP.
>>8938698
I think you overestimate your popularity. I own a few here and I doubt anyone could guess who I am. Just say what you own.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 450x675px
It's Taobao but I have a mighty need
>>
>>8937923
Don't forget her latest obsession with ctp. Girl needs to take a step back in her pictures on ig. The slouching and Misako chicken lip smile kills me every time
>>
>>8938970
well it was one of the more expensive OTT Baby MTOs so that could be why. but yeah it was surprisingly popular in the sense that at least a handful of active lolitas own it (if not more, which is likely the case, since most of the photos i've seen of it and the lolitas wearing it come from weibo aka the rich chinese lolitas) and even more are seeking to buy it (if they can afford it)...
and that's not even counting the Japanese lolitas that may own it but don't broadcast their wardrobes to the world like all of us do.
>>
I wonder if meta would make another nurse set if we begged enough
>>
>>8939431
If they would, they'd probably be really different from the ones they've already done (which I'd be very glad to see). The designer who made the first two series is no longer with the company.
>>
>>8938914
You and me both anon. Uriel is my favorite though.
>>
>>8938856
I can see that being the case (since obviously more than one dress was made). I posted my wardrobe at the beginning of the year so it would be obvious to whoever has seen it.
>not Kate, my dresses aren't dirty and smelly
>>
>>8938155
And to think Sugary Carnival held this spot a few years back
>>
>>8938966
I know, I thought the same. Was trying not to be a bitter Betty about this pix but gdi. Yes, I mad.
>>
>>8938251
Lolitas are just weird this way. We like what we like and even though we will bristle at the word costume, you are right. But if some of these elaborate dresses had say hand beading or lace appliqué we'd probably say ' huh, no, looks like a western wedding dress'
What I'd like to see is more silk and heavy embroidery and historical detail.
>>
>>8938155
This is one I really did not understand the hype over.
>>
>>8937760
>They are both iconic and hold meaning and memories to many who are older in the fashion.
THIS SO MUCH. When people complain about IG and PC these days, it's usually noobs who do not understand the history behind these pieces. I own both and while I agree that it's not the most ~dramatic or detailed out of all the items I own, I like owning them for sentimental reasons.
>>
File: tumblr_o2yk1zILZz1sd87t7o3_500.jpg (423KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2yk1zILZz1sd87t7o3_500.jpg
423KB, 500x600px
Is this year truly the year of OTT? AP for once made Baby-like monstrosities and charged just as much.

More importantly, when is Meta going to get in the game?
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 568x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 568x405px
>>8939831
it's better than SWP but god damn do I hate it

I really hope they don't keep up with this nonsense
>>
>>8939831
If meta explodes with something similar to these lovely OTT monsters and especially if it has any kimono elements and/or loud colors it will be glorious. Possibly also hideous, but a marvel nevertheless.
Now I want to see this happen.
>>
>>8937572
Which ones would those be?
>>
>>8939017
Off brand and at that price? Nah.
>>
>>8939814
I hope you wear them out and take pix of your coords with them decently often. Just seeing them makes me smile.
>>
>>8939859
indie brand =/= offbrand
>>
>>8939863
I don't wear Lolita anymore but I did like wearing them when I did. It always puts a smile on my face when I see IG and PC coords too.
>>
>>8938949
Nah, nobody wanted it.
>>
>>8939868
Not burando = 'doesn't really matter' brand in the arena of anything 'iconic status'.

Sure there are going to be some good indie pieces, I have a small designer's one-off myself and love it. But I think not enough girls even count indie or offbrand to ever have them achieve icon status.
Usually only really new or young budget Lolitas pine away for indie, TaoBao or offbrand stuff and it doesn't become iconic to the majority of the Lolita community.
>>
>>8938251
The theatre-ness is something I love about these dresses, it makes me feel like I'm in Phantom or something.
>>
>>8938839
My cousin, who's just getting into lolita, fell head over heels for this print. All I can say to her is good luck.
>>
>>8938949
I had no clue this existed, now I really want it. Crap.
>>
>>8939831
Mets already did expensive wedding frill and lace overkill dresses years ago
>>
>>8937518
Do we know if they even made more than one of this? The only other pictures I have seen are of it on exhibit somewhere
>>
>>8939988
>The only other pictures I have seen are of it on exhibit somewhere
pics? i've only seen that kind of photo for the Kuranosuke Stripe jsk, never the OP
>>
>>8939929
I think the closest to anything iconic we have from indie brands is the Cthulu dress, but that's still stretching it a bit
>>
>>8937572
that looks like a trash bag
>>
>>8937518
I've seen a single grainy shitty picture of it worn once, and I'm still not 100% sure because the quality is that bad.

I love that dress so much but I can't believe there's no more pictures of it.
>>
>>8940044
The only other worn pic I've seen of it is some chick wearing it with bandage rope
>tfw I was a broke highschooler when it came out
>can afford it now but it's nowhere to be found
>>
>>8937792

Ughhhhh this was in stock at BTSSB NYC for $300 for two days and I slept on it, I hate myself (: (: (:
>>
>>8937948
>>8938814
>>8938864
I didn't know there were others looking for My Little CA too. I believe the rarest one is the orange and white- I've never seen it go for second hand.

>Preferred color too
>>
File: KC3N0029.jpg (45KB, 283x378px) Image search: [Google]
KC3N0029.jpg
45KB, 283x378px
>>8940017
>>
>>8939929
>being this new
most indie brand dresses are as expensive as grorious burondo desu
>>
File: image.jpg (408KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
408KB, 500x600px
I just got pic related (AP's Rose Princess) and I'm so excited to get it. I'm really surprised there's still stock of the black color way, I've been dreaming of a dress like this for ages.
>>
>>8941099
Brand was more sought after back in the day and it was treated as a holy grail type thing because it was much harder to get in the West, hence why they are more iconic than off brand/taobao
>>
>>8940897
>Orange is my preferred
>I'll fight you for it anon
>Pls post coord pic if you get it some day
>>
File: wuehe.png (141KB, 471x400px) Image search: [Google]
wuehe.png
141KB, 471x400px
>>8941099
>is it old?
>is it desireable to many?
>is it expensive on the secondhand market? (+$1000)
>how many were made?
>is there a story linked to it?

These are somee things to consider. Most indiebrands and taobao can't reach this yet because not many people care about them.
>>
>>8940956
god its even more gorgeous than I imagined
>>
>>8940956
It looks a lot better here than on the stockfoto.
>>
>>8939703
Oh god just reading the words "Sugary Carnival" is giving me 'Nam flashbacks.
I wanted that print so badly, I'd have killed a sibling for it. Now I'm so done with it after all the replicas and ita coords. It's kind of sad how the magic is just gone. :(
>>
>>8937792
UGH I had waited for so long and missed it for $120 and GH snagged it. Then the re-release had me so thrilled but I got it and it's just like ???

I didn't like it because of Misako. Her dead eyes always put me off. With the whole AM fiasco it just feels gross. It was my ultimate dream dress and to finally have it yet not wanna wear it feelsbadman
>>
>>8942832
For crying out loudnyou rithernlike the dress or you don't it's a fucking garment you should just enjoy, not an I <3 Misako badge embodying her living soul because she wears it and you don't like her because her eyes don't sparkle. It's a god damn dress. Just wear it. This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.
>>
>>8942836
Twisting my post to this extent. As I said I never got it because of her. It's just what drives the price up. Now after AM, I feel icky. Not to mention they went with a maroon ribbon instead of bright red like the first release.
Damn.
>>
>>8939763
It epitomises the gawfick/emo phase we were probably in when getting into lolita 10 years ago. Also satisfies the 'bittersweet' crowd without being covered in eyeballs and shit.
>>
This one is not so weeby-but..
I want it!!!!
>>
>>8939929
Still doesn't mean offbrand, dumbo
>>
>>8941124
Anon, show some photos please
It's really awesome
>>
>>8941183
I think the orange is the ugly one but at the same time I kinda want it, just because it looks the most like an actual outfit
I guess pink is my preferred, though I usually hate pink and the only other pink dress I like is HL... my taste/preferences are confusing as shit
>>
>>8941124
just because you wanted and bought that trashbag doesn't make it "legendary" anon, it just came out this month and is still in stock.
>>
>>8942964
What a cunt lol
>>
>>8940021
What about nameless poem?
>>
File: 1439830841559.png (56KB, 364x271px) Image search: [Google]
1439830841559.png
56KB, 364x271px
>>8941124
I don't wear lolita or own any pieces but I'm in love with this dress
>>
File: JellyfishBabyJSK-pink.jpg (111KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
JellyfishBabyJSK-pink.jpg
111KB, 480x640px
Kuragehime is my second favorite manga and I pine away for all the collab dresses.
>the pain is never ogre
>>
File: kuranosuke stripe jsk.jpg (46KB, 232x313px) Image search: [Google]
kuranosuke stripe jsk.jpg
46KB, 232x313px
>>8943003
I want this one too.
>>
>>8938273
The anime is pretty good!
>>
>>8942999
And a bunch of KL stuff. Where the hell is our Boguta Cat's Tea Party, on the topic of Indie?
>>
>>8943003
holy shit how have I never seen this before? This is so much better than OP's picture in my opinion.

That shade of pink makes me weak.
>>
>>8942999
Popular doesnt make it iconic.
>>
>>8941144
>>8941420
>only really new or young budget Lolitas pine away for indie

what is reading comprehension
also, nameless poem.
>>
>>8943003
this looks like bodyline.
>>
>>8937948
>has glasses
>still fucked up

I'm just so used to seeing ita
>>
>>8943323
Did Nameless Poem ever reach turbo-scalp prices on the secondhand market? I dunno, in terms of really popular Taobao releases, Mozarabic Chant first comes to mind, but I don't really follow the indie stuff so...
>>
>>8943700
Mozarabic Chant is pretty coveted, I own the skirt and the silly thing is worth every cent. Sadly Krad seems to have taken an entirely different direction, I haven't liked much of anything since.

In terms of coveted indie, Lief's dresses from their ill-fated first run tend to go for quite a bit. Some older Haenuli does as well, like the first Stained Glass JSK.
>>
>>8943324
fite me
>>
>>8943323
Nameless poem is really common.
>>
>>8940956

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to go with the other anon- that really, really just looks like a little girls' dress, an overdone one at that. At best it looks like a very tacky quincenera dress.
>>
File: 451_900.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
451_900.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>8946851
I don't really see what's so special about it either. It reminds me of Gathered Chiffon in white... I think people just want it because it practically doesn't exist.
>>
File: kuragehime-bodice.jpg (92KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
kuragehime-bodice.jpg
92KB, 480x640px
>>8947134
>It reminds me of Gathered Chiffon in white... I think people just want it because it practically doesn't exist.
the Kuragehime OP is my holy grail, so I'll try to explain. Gathered Chiffon in white does seemingly look similar, but it's not my holy grail for a variety of reasons besides it not being rare. the Kuragehime OP is not really my holy grail because "it practically doesn't exist", even if it existed for scalped prices or a $800+ reserve price i'd buy it in a heartbeat. The reasons why I like the Kuragehime OP include:
>it was inspired by Kuragehime.
It may not be the EXACT Kuragehime dress design as other anons in this thread complained about, but it was still INSPIRED by it. It was made to represent the Kuragehime manga and in direct collaboration with it. As a huge fan of the series I can't help but love it, even if it's not exactly the same as the dress that was made in the manga.
>It looks tacky/the dress was meant to look imperfect
Another reason why I actually want it. It may not be the best looking dress but many still find it gorgeous for a variety of reasons.
>The hanging pearls.
This is a huge thing for me because of the Jellyfish motif to begin with. You don't often see hanging pearls on lots of pure white or ivory dresses to begin with. The closest I've seen was another offbrand/indie Kuragehime ripoff that looked even "tackier" than this one.
>The bows on the front
Gathered Chiffon in white doesn't have them, and to me they just add to the charm of the dress.
>The large bow on the back.
Many dresses also don't have this style of bow with this type of OP. idk, I like it. The bow also has really nice details in the close ups.
>The long sleeves
Gathered Chiffon also doesn't have these and I'm a sucker for long sleeves on OPs.
>The details on the bodice.
They may annoy some but to me the details in the stock photos provided are also what help to make this dress to begin with.
>>
>>8947450 here, correcting the "long sleeves" part. I... forgot actually that those were just a display dress thing, but the point still stands that I like OPs with sleeves (long or short), which JSKs don't have.
>mfw the dress would be even better imo if it did have those long sleeves or at least detachable sleeves
>>
>>8947450
Subscribed.
>>
File: kuragehime-lace.jpg (113KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
kuragehime-lace.jpg
113KB, 480x640px
>>8947480
>>
File: kuragehime06.jpg (97KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
kuragehime06.jpg
97KB, 480x640px
>>8947480
and there's more detail photos on lolibrary.
honestly, i'd buy this at retail price if it ever got rereleased. even if it fell below retail price and was super common, i'd probably still buy it.
>tfw it will never get a rerelease.
>>
>>8947489
>>8947498
>the joke

>your head
>>
>>8947507
ok? sorry for replying to a current discussion.
>>
>>8947450
I'm pretty sure I'm going to contact someone who makes wedding dresses and have them make me a replica for this.

>I was in HS when it came out
>the dress was originally $500
>fuck me, ordering bodyline was expensive to my jobless ass then
>regrets
>>
>>8947450
In a way, I think a lot of this is what's wrong with the dress. It's like there was no real *design* to it. It's just a basic dress with princess seams with a bunch of...*stuff* piled on top of it.

Overlayed on top of it is just... Junk. Noise. Bows everywhere that make no sense, frills that don't really lead anywhere, more bows, pearls hanging around.

It really is like a six year old's approach to fashion design. Draw regular dress and then throw shit on it. It's like the old amano craze where cosplayers would take regular costumes and then just douse them with beads and bangles and ribbons to no greater purpose.

I mean, that's cool that it was in your favourite anime and everything, but that doesn't mean it's well designed, or even of a particularly good quality. And the anime angle does, unfortunately, just add credence to the idea that a lot of people in EGL really don't think of this as a fashion as much as they think of this as a way to wear costumes about town.
>>
>>8950077
Oh, sorry, designers and all artists acquire inspiration from many sources in many forms, but because you're not a weeb, a cut of Japanese culture that their user base is a part of is NOT allowed.
>>
>>8943700
It probably would, if there weren't thousand rerelases. It is not rare but that doesn't mean it is not iconic.
>>
>>8950085
Wow, way to put words into anon's mouth.
>>
>>8947450
>even if it existed for scalped prices or a $800+ reserve price i'd buy it in a heartbeat

You make it sound like, if this ever comes up for auction, it's going to go for less than $5,000
>>
>>8950077
>>8950085
funny thing is, dress has nothing to do with kuragehime, other than name. It doesn't look like kuragehime dress. white and pearls, yeah, but if anybody didn't say anything I couldn't guess that it is kuragehime inspired, and I'm a huge kuragehime fan.
>>
File: 135340[1].jpg (40KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
135340[1].jpg
40KB, 240x320px
>>8950077
I feel like haphazard design choices are a pretty common thing with Baby's anime collaborations. They either make straight up brand character cosplays without reinterpreting the characters' costumes like they did with Dangan Ronpa, or they make really weird lolita interpretations like pic related.

In terms of anime/manga collaborations, I think Innocent World and Victorian Maiden do the best job of balancing design and character recognizeability.
>>
>>8937792
This is on LM
Pink and red colorway. $500.00
>>
>>8950103
Nigga did you even see the dress closeups?
>>
>>8937566
jesus, these look like shit
>>
>>8951146
Yes, and? Do these look similar to you >>8937739 >>8937518
>>
>>8951600
well, I'm not blind, so you can definitely tell its kuragehime inspired
>>
>>8951035
it was consistently going for $800 before the $500 one showed up. the new listing could be a quicksale.
>>
>>8938155
This is more of a hype than a legend really.. I don't see people a few years from now looking for this dress. Everyone who wants it already has it, and everyone else is long tired of seeing this dress. For AP fans I suppose it has some meaning for the reasons >>8938232 mentions
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 448x473px
>>8950077
>>
>>8954587

Nah, I'd call it legendary just for this alone

>demand so high AP had to stop the entire MTO halfway to its deadline.
>not just in one or two branches, but across all stores.
>this is the dress that broke AP's MTO

I've owned the dress, and I don't get the hype either, but I think I will always remember that this dress overwhelmed AP's MTO.
>>
>>8954621
>MTO
sorry to sound like an idiot but the hell is that
>>
>>8959326
Made-to-order. They closed it early due to high demand.
>>
>>8941124
Not legendary nor will it be. Didn't even sell out and is new. It's a really pretty black frill-monster though.
>>
>>8937540
This didn't actually go for 300K. I remember the auction not actually going through or something like that.
>>
>>8937937
im so sorry that you're arguing with idiots. You seem really reasonable and down to earth.
>>
>>8941124
cool
>>
>>8937940
all that samefagging
>>
>>8940021
What about krad's jellyfish dress. I sure had a massive hype, but I think that hype went down really fast.
>>
>>8938155
I just got mine and holy damn, it is amazing. The hype is worth.
>>
>>8938144
Ahahahaha
>>
>>8939628
No1curr. If people know who you are who cares. People will just know you browse cgl and is that so bad? Everyone knows in my comm that im a seagull. Just post your shit with a selfpost notation.
>>
>>8940021>>8942999

Mozarabic chant. try harder
>>
>>8960385
I've always found the cuts kinda meh, but people keep swearing by it. Is it really that impressive in person?
>>
>>8962272
It is. The print is higher impact in person because it's flocked. The chiffon is also amazing. It's really gorgeous.
I only like the OP personally, and I think a lot of recent coords of it have been kind of samey. everyone is wearing RHS and twin tails! I can understand why anyone would be underwhelmed by it
>>
I want to see some more legendary dresses
>>
>>8937775
It was a MTO Kuragehime collaboration release. Super super limited release.
>>
>>8962263
It's not iconic, you can still find it for retail in the used threads when it sells and it was an open MTO, right? The blue color was pretty but I found the print fell short. I think both Aurelia Lost in Sea and Nameless Poem beat it in popularity. It's unusual but I can't call it iconic.
>>
>>8943700
Oh god, I really wish Krad would re-release Mozarabic Chant. I love it so much, but last time I saw it for sale it was nearly $250...USD at that. I could buy new brand with that, nevermind secondhand taobao. At the very least, because I wasn't into lolita yet when it was released, I don't have to beat myself up for passing it up or something like that.
>>
>>8965531
>you can still find it for retail

Lol, no.

>I think both Aurelia Lost in Sea and Nameless Poem beat it in popularity

Because they were rereleased a ton of times and thus easier to get. You sound very new.
>>
>>8939814
>>8937760
I'm a newbie, I admit, and while I like PC and can understand why others like IG purely on aesthetic levels, I guess I don't know the "history" of these dresses, aside from that they're old and rare and highly coveted. Is there more to it than that? Was there something special about their releases?
>>
>>8937948
>>8937965
>>8937975
I literally don't understand how these aren't considered ita but plenty of other "nurse" lolita dresses are mocked as tacky and terrible?
>>
>>8942352
Same here man. Like it's gotten to the point when I see a Sugary Carnival coord I assume it's a replica at first. But isn't it going for cheap nowadays because of it?
>>
>>8967926

Because metafags.
>>
>>8950101
That's literally what she was saying, that it's not just the dress's rarity that makes it desirable and she'd still want it even IF it existed as a standard popular dress. Reading comprehension.

Unrelated
>captcha wants pictures of food
>accepts when I selected a baby
>>
>>8951616
Different anon, and also a pretty big Kuragehime fan, but the only things that made me think the dress might be related before I knew what it was are the dangling the pearl chains. Other than that, it literally doesn't resemble the fictional dress at all aside from, as another anon pointed out, kind of feeling sloppy (which I think is charming, and I do like the dress).
>>
>>8967952
I don't think the point was to represent the first jellyfish dress that was made in the story, but a large part of the story was them designing jellyfish themed dresses and that fits the bill. Ithe looks like the otaku team did a collab with btssb themselves, again, clearly inspired by the story.
>>
>>8965531
At current exchange rate, Mozarabic Chant was released for ~130 USD.

Last one sold on Lacemarket for 300 USD.

If I could find it for retail you bet your ass I'd own at least of each cut and colourway.
>>
>>8965531
>>8968345
Moreover MC is extremely coveted in the Chinese market because of all the lolitas that got in the fashion after the last release. A girl even offered to pay any price decided by the seller to get one.
>>
Bump for more legendary dresses
>>
I'm gonna be honest. I want to see more "Prized/legendary" dresses because I want to make a fun little /cgl/ activity thread using said dresses.

This is no longer legendary due to replicas, but I'd say it still counts.
>>
>>8973818
>I want to make a fun little /cgl/ activity thread using said dresses.
now i'm curious, what kind of thread?
anyway, i think there's a thread on RC discussing this topic now
>>
>>8973828
a roll a number make a coord thread using legendary dresses only.

for example (popular dress) in (sailor/wedding/guro ect) style
>>
>>8973841
are there even enough of those dresses in circulation right now to do that, though?
>>
File: y[1].jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
y[1].jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>8973853
anon. something like this.
>>
File: d.Walkure.jpg (46KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
d.Walkure.jpg
46KB, 300x400px
EGL was so butthurt that Meta removed the series from their English website and changed the name to Dark Secret... good times
>>
>>8947134
I think it'd look a whole lot better without those big bows desu.
>>
>>8974319
They changed the name from Dark to Secrets to D. Walkure; which was more like an "okay, we'll take it down, but by the way, fuck you".
>>
ITT:

>anons find a dress beautiful because they find the tacky elements endearing
>same anons getting but hurt when other anons also find that dress to be tacky, but think it's ita.
>"you just don't understand a-bloo blooooo"
>>
>>8976926
>anon commenting about days/weeks old discussion
>forgetting those other anons also being butthurt
>>
>>8976926
>can't let a topic die cuz too bugurt
>>
>>8976926
you can dislike something and NOT be a bitch about it.

>>8977221

http://www.strawpoll.me/7225993/r

anon's just pissy that so many people think she's a salty cunt
>>
>>8938839
My Best Lolita Friend has this one and literally reminds me everytime that she wears it she wants to be buried in it so no one else can have it.
>>
>>8978510
tell her family to sell it when she dies because that can get them $2000+ which they can use for funeral services and elsewise kek
>mfw it's true though
>>
>>8943003
this is listed for like $75: http://www.mbok.jp/item/item_455348636.html?_SRC=li_i0
>>
>>8977670

anon that set off the strawpoll here.

kek. I gtfo-ed the board out of annoyance. So basically anyone else you've been arguing with was someone else.

Thanks for making this dress so memorable though. It will forever be the a-bloo-bloo dress for me now.
>>
>>8979565
kek, i like that you suddenly show up when someone mentions you again, and you're still being a salty asshole about a dead topic
>i gtfo-ed
>expecting people to believe this
>>
File: 1438566327473.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1438566327473.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
>>8979565
Youre not fooling anyone sperg chan.
>>
>>8974319
I want this in olive and black both so fucking bad. Hat is a mighty fucking need.
>>
>>8979565
>>8979588

I also saged the thread. You both bumped it.

I think you're trolls, though.

Eh, whatever.
>>
>>8979638
kek, nice try.
>calling them the trolls
>still trying to get the last word
>>
>>8979638
Just leave, you're reaching Isaki levels of NOT BOTHERED.
Thread posts: 243
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.