[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a close friend who is working on a Kamen Rider cosplay,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 10119631_1458753522.9609_updates.jpg (258KB, 1066x600px) Image search: [Google]
10119631_1458753522.9609_updates.jpg
258KB, 1066x600px
I have a close friend who is working on a Kamen Rider cosplay, this is his first time working on something this big and I'm finding it hard to tell him that hiss cosplay is pretty crappy. He even went as far as to ask people for money on gofundme, asking for $150.00 to buy supplies and a belt.
>>
File: stopthisplease.png (6KB, 614x102px) Image search: [Google]
stopthisplease.png
6KB, 614x102px
>>
File: 10119631_1458753051.5043.jpg (103KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
10119631_1458753051.5043.jpg
103KB, 800x533px
>>8937009
>>
>>8937009
Its his first time doing something like this of course its going to be a bit crappy. If he wants to do it and its not self-destructive then why not?

As for the gofundme, hes not a girl so he likely wont get anything anyway which makes it kind of irrelevant.
>>
>>8937009
What kind of advice are you looking for? Ways to support him? Ways to tell him it sucks?

Sometimes a little white lying goes a long way in friendship.

Posting your friends on 4chan is quite the opposite of being a good friend...
>>
>>8937009
Find one of the Tokusatsu cosplay groups on the internet and have him join it.
The chest piece could have turned out pretty decently if he had decided to either use a flat paint or even EL wire for the right effect.
There community isnt great,but there're enough people who've made the same mistakes in the past who can point him in the right direction
>>
who the fuck is this dont post my stuff without permission pinche bitch
>>
>>8937009

Tell him that stencils go a long way in making painted on things look nice.

There is a reason people who paint lines on cars/bikes are pricy, because having a consistent line and a pattern hand drawn is pretty effin hard.
>>
If they have Facebook have them join Facebook Kamen Riders. Quite a few people there who work on their own stuff who might be able to help because right now that puff paint for Ghosts symbol would make any Rider want to off himself for good :P
>>
paging decade
if he hasn't fucked off permanently, that is
>>
>>8939503
I would avoid that group like the plague, there are very few normal people in that group. Most act like autistic children, hell even PT is normal compared to those asshats.
>>
>>8937480
>>8939511
Decade runs a facebook group that is just for toku cosplayers.
"Tokusatsu Cosplayer Community"
I lurk since Ive lost the drive to wanna cosplay anything Rider right now, but from what I've seen the group isnt too active until you start posting stuff and ask for some help. Once you do that then you'll quickly get plenty of support
>>
>>8937480
This. Tokusatsu goo fo hard for these costumes and the costumes themselves take a lot of time and skill. I'm sure they'd help him
>>
File: dcd108.jpg (47KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
dcd108.jpg
47KB, 500x281px
>>8939511
Aw shit you had to drag me back. I don't post much at all anymore.
>>8939904
Good on you and thanks for supporting the group. I wish to be more active but I'm the laziest piece of shit ever. But no worries I'll have a big bulk post after Animazement this year. Lots to share.

Moving on.......

>>8937009
I know the person who made this, From what I understand:
1. Did not heat seal his foam
2. Did not seal his foam in plasti dip Rubber, wood glue or alternatives ( or if they did not very well)
3. Did not evenly paint or wait for it to dry completely before adding puff paint

I will say this, nobody is perfect especially on early attempts of making Rider cosplay, he didn't do great but he didn't do fucking terrible for a first try. Personally people shitting on me for trying made me wanna try harder, But cut the kid some slack eh? Nipping early creativity is a terrible thing, anybody has potential to make cool shit.

Here is whats up, Puff paint is shit for high details, ditch that shit.
Try and learn EL WIRE, or how to mask a area In blue tape and hand paint with glow in the dark stuff (At least I've seen a few who used glow in the dark that worked, not necessary)

I'd start over, but it wasnt a bad try. Keep it up.
oh yeah and what >>8937259 said
talk to the dude and get him in the right direction, not just shit on him. You need to watch some Fourze and learn to be a better friend.
>>
>>8939590

Could argue that's most (not all) KR fans in general no?
>>
File: Akiba.jpg (56KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Akiba.jpg
56KB, 720x480px
>>8937009
Eesh, yeah he's got a bit to go it looks like. Any more pics of his cosplay thus far, OP? i've been doing it for some time, no pro, but no novice anymore. Pic related, made those Beast and Wizard suits in pic
>>
>>8937009
If he thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread, i'd say it was reasonable to say something polite that will take him down a notch. It's not so you come across as being a cunt, he will get torn to shreds by other people and be upset about it.

If he seems okay with the fact that it's not great and that he will get a negative reaction from people, then it's alright. My first armor build was absolute garbage, but I knew it would be and just wanted to enjoy myself dressing up with friends.

One thing I would take offense at is him asking other people for money like that. I know it's the fault of schmucks if they're dumb enough to give away money like that, but if you can't afford a cosplay, then you should probably wait until you have the money for it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.