[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coord help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 90

File: _20160329_134646.jpg (396KB, 1440x1616px) Image search: [Google]
_20160329_134646.jpg
396KB, 1440x1616px
Old one dying >>8889992
>>
File: pt2016_03_29_13_41_53.jpg (463KB, 1104x1534px) Image search: [Google]
pt2016_03_29_13_41_53.jpg
463KB, 1104x1534px
Need help, I'm going to a con and need three coords. One I am sure about so I won't bother posting it. I have a few questions on these. One, should I coord the dress on the left with pink accessories or brown (or both, and how?), and which shoes? Two, what neckline blouse for the pink dress, the square or high neck? Three, should I wear brown shoes or navy? Are two small bows for my hair enough, or do I need more, and what color (besides sax, I don't have any in sax). Finally, needing some hair/ wig style advice. I usually just wear a plain wig or curl my hair but I wondered if anyone has a suggestion for other hairstyles to go with whatever coord is best, the hair thread was no use. I'm looking for braids and updos, but I don't know if people like them.
>>
>>8936583
Anon, if you're taking all of this in a suitcase then we need to see the first coord. Try bringing only 1 pair of shoes for the entire 3 days, they're big and clunky and annoying. Same purse, too. Try reusing items in coords, it'll be good for you.
>>
>>8936583
all your shoes are pretty ugly so it doesn't really matter which you choose
>>
>>8936583
Could be the lighting but it looks to me like the ivory shoes could work for both left and bottom right? If so go with >>8936630 's advice and only bring those shoes. Shoes take up a lot of space.
>>
>>8936583
take the white/beige shoes, they are the most acceptable. The brown ones in the other two coords look ugly. The light ones match all three dresses better.
>>
>>8936638
I have other shoes. And space really isn't an issue, it's local so I can go home when/ if I need to. Can you suggest some styles that would look better so that I can actually improve
>>
>>8936658
>>8936660
Ivory would match everything, but I wanted to wear the brown ones or one of my other pairs of brown shoes to match the bag. I haven't managed to find a cream bag I like yet
>>
>>8936666
ivory shoes are the only decent ones

you need to burn the rest of them
>>
>>8936672
Looks like you're either going to have to find an ivory bag or new brown shoes then, because unfortunately the brown shoes really don't match.
>>
I like your brown shoes, anon.
>>
>>8936796
it's fine if you like them but they're ugly and don't work in the coords well
>>
>>8936638
I think they might be cute, just the lightning and unnatural position make them look off.
>>
>>8936799
none of them look that suited to Lolita

maybe it's because they look really cheap? the Browns don't go well either
>>
File: is this green or blue.jpg (18KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
is this green or blue.jpg
18KB, 250x333px
can i get some advice on this weird IW op?

it's officially "blue" but looks quite green in person. would pairing it with milk tea/dark brown items be a bad idea?
>>
>>8936800
>>8936797
Did a pair of brown shoes fuck your mom or something? They look fine, Jesus Christ
>>
>>8936929
Do you have a photo? It sounds like a decent pairing, I like brown and cream. It would definitely be better than trying black and white if the dress is too green. You could always do mostly white and try to find some ribbon that matches to make a few bow clips
>>
>>8936583
The shoes look fine for me anon, they work well for classic and that's what you're going for.
Braids and updos looks good with this!
What about the boots with the second coord? I see a kinda country vibe with those, and twinbraids with bows in the tips, and a hat like a boater.
For the jsk, I think that high neck will work better. With the square one, you'll need a choker or short necklace to cover that space. But try them and judge it yourself, or just post worn pictures so we can see it.
>>
>>8936934
multiple people have said the brown shoes are ugly and don't go

salty bitch
>>
>>8936929
I have some socks a similar dark blue colour and off-white, and they look cute so you could pair it with off-white. I think milk tea might be a bit harsh. Bodyline has some cute pumps that are a sort of navy green colour that would probably look nice with this.
>>
>>8936964
That isn't me (OP) I'm fine if you think they don't go but please make a suggestion for something that would look better instead of just saying the same thing over and over. I had a bunch of questions and not getting any constructive help. Like I said, I have tons of other shoes and can buy more, please stop obsessing over them
>>
>>8936959
Thank you! I will try your suggestions, that helps a lot
>>
>>8937028
I did make a suggestion though

can't you read?
>>
>>8937037
Not once did you link me to a pair of shoes or post a picture of something better, you said burn them which is not actually concrit. I'm done replying to you if you aren't willing to help. Sage for responding to bait
>>
File: is this green or blue 2.jpg (61KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
is this green or blue 2.jpg
61KB, 600x447px
>>8936943
Thanks for the feedback anon! I don't have a pic on hand, but here's one I found from someone's wardrobe post.

Assuming I can't find some matching ribbon, any advice on some headwear alternatives? I feel like cream/brown headbows would look unbalanced.

>>8937018
thank you for the tip! i'd love to pair it with a cooler palette like you suggested but the shoes were my breaking point. i don't see the pumps you mentioned on BL's international site, can you direct me to them?
>>
File: iw cream - brown.png (496KB, 597x810px) Image search: [Google]
iw cream - brown.png
496KB, 597x810px
>>8937042
here's a quick collage i made with some stock pics for a cream/dark brown coord. my bolero has a slightly different pattern, but same color / style.
>>
File: 204.jpg (135KB, 418x550px) Image search: [Google]
204.jpg
135KB, 418x550px
Could any of you help me coord this? I want to wear a cardigan or bolero over this jsk, but not sure what colour or style. I'm probably going to wear white tights and brown bodyline heels with it though
>>
>>8937042
Shoes274. Looks like they aren't stocked any more.
>>
>>8936583
The previous anon's advice was all very good, the brown shoes are definitely your best bet. If you are looking to get some more shoes, oxford heels are great for classic. I actually don't like the taupe ones since I don't see patent/shiny shoes in classic a lot, but maybe that's just me.

If you wanted to keep it simple, a white headbow or bow clips would look fine with all of these, but I'll give some specific options too.
For the first one, match the bag and shoe color to the side lacing on the sleeves (brown?), pink headwear-- I think a bow or bows with pink-- and white socks/tights with a pink pattern if you can find them. You could also layer short lace socks over tights if you wear shoes instead of boots.

I'd love to know the name of the second dress because it's so pretty! Definitely keep with the brown bag and shoes. Personally I'm not a big fan of that bag style since it looks a bit flimsy and I like structured, top-handle, and satchels with classic. Maybe it will look better with stuff in it but I'm not sure.
A straw boater would be really cute, you could add a matching ribbon and a few flowers too.

The last dress doesn't work so well with this brown, I think you could match the pink, sax, or red with better success. If you did want to add another color I think a lighter brown or beige could work? The high neck blouse would look good though.

>>8937042
I hope you can find a navy(?) ribbon to match the sash because I think that would be the best headwear choice. Something neutral like you said like beige, milk tea, or brown would be nice for other accessories +shoes and bag. I wonder if maybe you could wear an underskirt or blouse with this in white or cream to help balance out the colors more? You could try it out if you have pieces like that already. Otherwise try a bolero like the other anon suggested.
>>
>>8937041
you said I didn't make a suggestion which was incorrect

I did

and now you're backtracking and saying I didn't give concrit

what a stupid cow
>>
File: s7kvMKs.jpg (79KB, 921x720px) Image search: [Google]
s7kvMKs.jpg
79KB, 921x720px
>>8937188
This would be cute with a wine bolero that has a bit of ruffle or lace detailing to it. Something like the red one in the pic would be good, you could check around taobao for it.
Instead of plain white tights you could get white OTKs with pink roses on them, I think secret shop has a print like that or they're available offbrand. Match the brown shoes to a brown bag and maybe wear a brown beret with a pink bow for headwear.
>>
>>8936583
I really do not recommend you use the brown shoes with that pink JSK. Why would you put that mismatching shade of brown purse with it too? It's sort of shoving dark browns into a very pink/red/white coord.
The pink JSK looks like it has antique white and just plain white, but I don't see any creams. I'll be honest and say all these coords look incredibly questionable, though. I know classic can work well with toned down shoes like these, but are any actual lolita shoes at all? They look kind of forced in all these coords and really normie to me.
>>
File: 143721-m-03-dl.jpg (45KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
143721-m-03-dl.jpg
45KB, 345x437px
>>8937232
Not OP but plenty of offbrand/normie brand shoes are fine for classic since it works with mary janes, ankle strap heels, and oxfords.
Just trying to say that classic doesn't necessitate brand shoes since a lot of times they're the same as normie styles but at a marked up price. It's not like other styles where you really need specifically styled tea parties or platforms etc.
>>
>>8937232
The red doesn't match other reds I have so I can't use red (unless you think it would look alright with wine shoes and bows). I could do a gold purse and offwhite accessories and shoes, or some light brown shoes I have with a pink bow that could match. Or some other pink shoes that are t-strap. I only buy brand shoes for gothic and sweet, classic shoes are virtually identical to normalfag shoes, like the other anon said
>>
My Lief "Assorted Tea Set Series" OP order in Navy just arrived and I don't know what I was on when I was looking at promo photos, because I could have sworn that the vertical stripe was white.

It's just arrived, and obviously, it's this weird muted mint colour that I apparently wished away when I was scrolling through the promos... but it means that all my blouses, which have a warmer ivory undertone to them, look awful with it.

I got the puff sleeve OP, and it also gives me hella loafboob because it's a little too big. Any advice on how to coord to stop it making me look massively top heavy? Any advice on colour picking?
>>
>>8937562
anon

how in the holy hell did you mistake that
for white?
>>
>>8937223
Thanks! I was also considering wearing a short underskirt with it, since I'm pretty tall and the dress is kinda short for my liking. Should I go ahead and get a wine one, or would a white one work alright? That is, if I wear a white bolero with it as well
>>
>>8937642
I fucked up, I know. It's not even a normal mint either, it's like a grey/mint?
>>
>>8937562
Not going to lie; that mint-grey colour looks almost impossible to coordinate. My incredibly unhelpful suggestion would be to wear a white chiffon blouse, white "fancy" patterned tights, and make a sacrifice to the Gods to find a headpiece and shoes in the same odd mint colour.
>>
>>8937645
I think a white one would be pretty especially if it has some nice hem details. Would be fine with the wine outerwear I think.
>>
>>8938175
Yeah... I guess I should have got a clue from their awful coording with the navy in the album. Mixing black socks and gloves with navy and white is kind of a clusterfuck.

I think I might actually alter the bodice. I work at a tailoring firm and I'm only just noticing that the OP cut even gives their tiny models loafboob, so there's no hope for me... should have gone for the JSK, dammit. My first OP and I definitely fucked up.
>>
>>8939279
Welp, you might just have to sell it when it arrives or get some custom boleros made up for yourself in a matching grey, lavender or navy. But honestly depending on how bright the boarder print is, you might be best to cut your losses and move on.

We all make mistakes when trying a new style or main piece so don't let this bother you too much.
>>
File: 464687-3131-2015-09-15469436.jpg (261KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
464687-3131-2015-09-15469436.jpg
261KB, 600x800px
Socks/tight suggestions for JetJ's La bibliotheque op, in the antique black colourway? I already have a "regular wear" coord for this op, and now want to create an OTT coord. I'm trying to find print tights, but I've had no luck– I don't want to use regular black tights, as I want the whole fugly print look. Would JetJ's Bas du Grimm OTKs work? Or are they way too busy?
>>
File: 13-911_002.jpg (164KB, 670x544px) Image search: [Google]
13-911_002.jpg
164KB, 670x544px
>>8940262
The Bas du Grimm OTKs. Idk, would like this just look fugly? I usually wear floral prints, so I have no idea. I'm so out of my comfort zone!
>>
File: lolitacoord.png (2MB, 1802x1110px) Image search: [Google]
lolitacoord.png
2MB, 1802x1110px
I need some opinions and advice on this coord I've set up, please.
I can't decide which vest out of the three to go with.
This also is going to be my first coord so right now I'm not sure if it's too much accessories or too little, or if it even looks lolita enough lol. Thanks guys.
>>
>>8940506
That wig is horrendous. Just get a natural one. Also not a fan of the shoes but that just may be personal taste.
>>
>>8940506

- If you're going for either of the underbusts, make sure you have a decent bra and the blouse fits well since there's nothing to camouflage saggy boobs/gaping buttonholes
- That said, I don't really like that collar and the lack of detail on the blouse for the underbusts, I'd normally pick a blouse with vertical pintucks to show off above the underbust. So I'm in favour of the green vest because of that.
- Would also recommend a jabot or pussy bow of some sort.
- The vests with gold details work better than the plain one.

- I hope you're good with wigs, because that one looks like shiny and fake.

- I personally think the coord is a bit too dark, I'd choose ivory or white lace tights instead of black OTKs since the shoes are black (and you have white pearl buttons on that blouse). That's just my personal preference though, you might want to get both options in and then try them on and see which one you prefer.

- plain gold hairpins mostly work for blonde hair (while black ones work for black hair), I wouldn't really treat them as decoration so much as utilitarian tools to hold up your hair, (unless again you're remarkably good with that wig and have some kind of outside-the-box masterpiece planned with them)
- the gold hairpins with gold leaves do work as decoration though, because there's leaves on them.
- I don't see the point (or value) of the gold anklet. Though maybe that's just me again.

The rest is pretty cute. Sorry for the block of text, I broke it into points so I hope it's readable.
>>
>>8940262
>>8940265

It's kind of tough to make the judgement call, because the tights kind of look like they borderline don't match -- the teal is too bright, as are the beige outlines, and the really bright colours on the images. Then again, they may have been shooped for clarity as stock photos, the real thing may be considerably more faded. Just going from stock photos I'd say the tights are too bright, though.

My personal choice is to go with Grimoire's Vitrail tights, but that seems to always be sold out. Second choice is the black colourway of these Alice tights by Sakizou, but the theme is somewhat less highbrow than the usual JetJ fare. You could also hunt down Metamorphose's Secret Library, though I think the style on that is even sweeter.

That's all I got, hope it helps you some.
>>
>>8940515
Funny you mention the wig. I was contemplating changing it while adjusting this earlier. Thanks tho.

>>8940545
No thank you so much! I appreciate all the detailed feedback it's exactly what I needed. I'll definitely try out those options.
Thankfully I'm flat chested so that is why I choose the under bust vests as an option. I was also attempting to have some dark/gothic style while trying to stick with the skirt's design as my overall theme for the coord, but it didn't appear that was working.
>>
>>8940589

The carousel theme? That came through pretty clearly actually. Well, the necklace and brooch are a little small so it's going to be something that's not really obvious until people get up close, but I liked that you picked a not-so-tacky gold carousel necklace and gold horse. I forgot to mention it since my comment was already so long, but it was one of the things I liked about your coord.
>>
>>8940515
>>8940545
I forgot to ask in my previous post, what color/style wig would you guys suggest?
>>
>>8940595

>>8940595

What's bad about that wig isn't so much the style, but it's shiny and plastic-looking. It's probably made from plastic for real, but what you want is a wig that looks like real hair, no matter what it's made from.

You might want to poke around for wig reviews before you purchase a wig, and see what they look like on other customers. If they look shiny and fake, avoid the wig.

If you do still get a shiny wig in the mail, you can *try* treating it with talcum powder and fabric softener. I can't really promise that it works, though I hear cosplayers swear by the method.
>>
>>8940611
Okay I see exactly what you mean. Thank you again for all your help!
>>
is navy and black together a bad idea?
>>
File: P11OJ203-purple.jpg (82KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P11OJ203-purple.jpg
82KB, 480x640px
Help. Please.
>>
>>8940800
first step would be either burning it or selling it because it's fucking atrocious
>>
>>8940805
I asked for coord help, not your opinion on the dress. If you think it's that bad go vent in the ugly dress thread.
>>
>>8940843
no, you didn't specifically ask for coord help

you literally just said

>help, please

so I'm giving you the best help you could want by telling you the truth
>>
>>8940888
I posted in the fucking coord help thread. If that doesn't constitute asking for coord help I don't know what does. Christ, anon.
>>
>>8940900
please check my trips showing how terrible your taste is

looks like a goddamn costume
>>
>>8940800
I would do all black... Some black boots and a round black headdress, black tights and jewelry
>>
>>8940903
Plus high necked black blouse. Also please don't respond to shitposters. Some sweet summerfag is trying to ruin this thread
>>
>>8940906
>hurrrrrr b8

please it's like a failed Taobao version of MMIGT
>>
File: grimoire tights.png (583KB, 624x399px) Image search: [Google]
grimoire tights.png
583KB, 624x399px
>>8940262
I'd go with grimoire tights if you want that print look.
>>
>>8940787
Usually, yeah. But maybe you could post what you had in mind? It can work in gothic and classic just... depending on the items.
>>
>>8940903
I got hated on for doing all black with a busy print last time. I wanted to at least bring out some of the purple in my headdress and jewelry. But a round headdress sounds like a good idea. And I was planning on a high necked blouse; I have one from fanplusfriend with silver in it so I figured that would tie in well.
>>
File: image.jpg (370KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
370KB, 500x600px
>>8940964
I feel like if I did all navy it would look too much and I don't want to coord it with ivory or white
>>
>>8941170
>>8940787
That dress is more of a royal blue so it's fine imo.
Just make sure it looks like you did it on purpose. And not because it matches "close enough".
You can also coord it with wine and gold, mite be cute.
>>8941167
I think mostly white with some purple details would be cute, I'll do a collage for you senpai. Give me a few min.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 600x800px
>>8941173
I'm a fucking Autist when it comes to wine so I don't own any blouses in it. the non stock photo pics show it to be a bit more navy than the stock ones

I plan on coording it with some gold too but I don't have a gold blouse kek
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 600x682px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 600x682px
>>8941182
another pic for reference
>>
File: bolero.jpg (230KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
bolero.jpg
230KB, 700x467px
>>8941173
Fuck I meant black with purple im autistic.
>>8941182
Yeah a gold blouse would look dumb. Tbh I'm liking the thought of it with wine more now seeing it in those pics.
>>
>>8941182
>>8941185
I am so confused by pictures of this dress- is it shiny in person, or no? In some photos it looks like shiny satin, and in others it looks alright....
>>
>>8941194
I have multiple color ways and none of them are shiny unless you put them in certain lighting
>>
File: 161101-m-10-dl.jpg (32KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
161101-m-10-dl.jpg
32KB, 345x437px
>>8941182
Maybe a blouse with gold in it? they also have this in navy and black
>>
File: aatp purple coord.png (1MB, 1678x845px) Image search: [Google]
aatp purple coord.png
1MB, 1678x845px
>>8940800
>>8941173
Man finding things that were a deep purple and not actually navy was a bitch and a half.
I think a cute key necklace would be really nice! Since there's chests and stuff on the print.
Also, any black shoe or boot would work really well.
>>
>>8941227
Aaaaah thank you! That headpiece looks like it would go perfect! And I know, it's been really goddamn annoying.
>>
>>8941233
>https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-13284604606.26.DTWJs4&id=523753354144
Here's a link to it.
The tights are mu-fish and the shoes are VWxM
I went kinda glittery overload but yeah, I'm glad you liked it!
>>
>>8941241
Either the link is broken or it sold out, but the same brand made a series of headdresses in the same colorways so I can just nab one of those. Thanks again!
>>
i really want to get some cute knitted cropped cardigans/boleros for winter but i live in australia and have no idea where to find anything cute without paying out the arse for shipping, anyone got any suggestions?
>>
>>8941292
Taobao?
>>
>>8941182
You could wear a white or black blouse, blue/navy tights with a gold accent like constellations, blue headbow, and gold shoes + bag. If that looks like too much blue then swap the tights to match the blouse color maybe.
>>
>>8941291
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?&id=523753354144
Maybe this will work?
either way yeah they have other purple stuff.
No problemo!!!
>>
>>8940611
have you ever gotten a wig from there? they're pretty good and not that shiny.
>>
>>8940568
Thank you, anon! It was wishful thinking on my part, hoping that the JetJ otks would match.
I love the designs of Grimoire tights, but I wasn't too fond of the pair I purchased; the print looks so faded. Definitely going to look into the other brands you mentioned though!
>>
File: 61656886.jpg (66KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
61656886.jpg
66KB, 640x640px
>>8939341
It already has arrived, and it's loafboob everywhere. The border print is beautiful and the fabric is lovely, it's just such a weird mint colour to try and match in a coord, so given that I'm not afraid of altering it the easiest way to cut my losses may be to just make it into a skirt, worst case scenario.

I'm also trying to find a mint green cardigan that may match that odd stripe colour. I already own pic related (usually wear a long wig to cover up the clashing back appliqué), but it's a shade too pale.
Wish me luck, anons!
>>
>>8941297
i've tried but all i've turned up are chiffon boleros which won't really work for winter. i've tried using various combination of search terms from the taobao dictionary and nothing.
>>
File: banned bolero.jpg (39KB, 326x480px) Image search: [Google]
banned bolero.jpg
39KB, 326x480px
>>8941292
Look at the alternative brand Banned - they have a basic short bolero that is cute if you decorated it or wore it with the right things, like a fur or lace collar on top and wristcuffs to disguise the plainness.
>>
>>8942820
Ew
>>
File: kuma coord.jpg (167KB, 800x627px) Image search: [Google]
kuma coord.jpg
167KB, 800x627px
It looks very babbies first sweet coord (because it is, I usually wear classic) but I snagged this dress in the bodyline sale and thought it'd be cute in a korilakkuma themed coordinate. not sold on the cardigan and I think I'd need something a more matching pink. Also clueless on legwear, but I've got fat legs so any suggestions for that would be good!
>>
>>8942866

I have that cardigan, and the pink is a good bit "pinker" irl
>>
>>8942866
nothing matches here anon. The ivory dress with white blouse, the pinks are all different, and the random lavender(??) bolero
>>
>>8942884
The stock photo of the jsk unfortunately includes the white blouse, I have the shoes bag and beret already and all of the pinks match, and I've already said I'm not sold on the cardigan and acknowledged its not the right shade. You gonna actually contribute something or nah?

>>8942872
Thanks anon, I haven't managed to track one down for sale yet though so it's still up in the air, I just like the furry collar for winter.
>>
OP's pic triggers me
>muh unicorn dress
>>
>>8942888
The MF one? It's on Fururun in a different colorway: http://www.fururun.com/sa_az/shop.cgi?order=&class=all&keyword=%83%7E%83%8B%83t%83%8B%81%5B%83%8B&FF=0&price_sort=&pic_only=&mode=p_wide&id=61969&superkey=1

I considered buying it myself, it's gorgoeus
>>
>>8942886

I've been considering selling mine, so if you give me your email, I'll drop you a line when I plan on selling it. It was one of my first dream items.
>>
File: sad sad sad mad.jpg (64KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
sad sad sad mad.jpg
64KB, 500x600px
>>8942890
holy shit anon that's amazing, you should get it!
I only want it in the pink colourway

I thought you may appreciate this beautiful creation. Sage for OT.

>tfw you will never be kawaii yandere detective
>>
>>8936929
I'd go with off white if you want classic lolita coord. white lace gloves and no blouse would be very nice with this.

>>8942866
All the pinks missmatch. I suggest you to get a pink blouse too, and get accessories to match it.

>>8940506
Two coloured wigs are always horrible. Get just plain black wig and make sure it's decent quality.
>>
>>8942866

such I cute idea for a coord! but yeah like others have stated not much matched. I would lean away from any whites since it will clash with the ivory. I think adding small details of red would be A++ cute. Maybe a strawberry pendent necklace or something? Definitely get a pink blouse for sure as suggested by another anon.
>>
>>8942893
Wtf is this ita shit
>>
>>8945413
It's a character wearing one of the dresses in >>8936569 and that dress has been rendered down into a wonderful cosplay
>>
File: wip.png (601KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
wip.png
601KB, 640x908px
Imagine that the socks actually matched the JSK/blouse and that there are a pair of grey Mary Janes that match the braid on the JSK. Do you think a bergere hat in matching colours would look better, or a bonnet? Not those hats specifically though, I'll probably have to make them myself when it comes to it.
>>
>>8946781
>none of these items are what i'm using but what do you think?
>>
File: flowers.jpg (2MB, 2562x1201px) Image search: [Google]
flowers.jpg
2MB, 2562x1201px
I'm doing a photoshoot with one of my friends in a week or two and I can't decide which coordinate. Taking suggestions on pretty much any part of the outfit, I really want it to turn out good.
>>
>>8947396
I like the third one better. That lace shawl is so cute!
>>
>>8947396
>>8947409
seconding third
>>
File: Coord.jpg (322KB, 722x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Coord.jpg
322KB, 722x1000px
Need a bit of help trying to figure out what else to add. It's a bit plain but I've been stuck on figuring out accessories and shoes.

The vest and pants aren't THAT dark. It's actually a pretty light cream.
>>
>>8947784
Thirdiding the third.
>>
>>8947409
>>8947784
>>8947917
Third it is then! Any suggestions on making a bit fancier, or are the necklace/wristcuffs/roses enough? Or for hair/makeup? My hair is a little past my shoulders and honey blonde colored and I'm pale with slightly warm skintone. I was thinking I'd just curl my hair so the flowers wouldn't be overpowered or anything.
>>
File: boz op.jpg (16KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
boz op.jpg
16KB, 300x400px
So I have this op by Atelier Boz, and it's my favorite shade of green, but I'm at a loss with coordinate ideas! I was thinking maybe with gold, or a bright red? Any suggestions?
>>
>>8942866
as a suggestion maybe have one small red necklace/accessory? it might help to make more of a connection to korilakkuma
>>
>>8948045
could you get a small accent of red on your shawl? maybe like a small red rose to tie in the shoes.
>>
>>8948315
I was thinking the red roses in my hair would balance out the shoes, but I can try something on the shawl. Would a necklace work as well? The one I had with that coordinate has pearls and a light pink rose, but I can change it to the red heart one.
>>
Any suggestions withEsprit de la Belle Époque à Paris Manon.
Fuckin mouthful.
I would like to try make this more OTT.
>>
>>8948209
I want to take this classic with brown tones and cream. A nice wine red would be good too.
>>
>>8945343
this is a very slapdash, basic collage but i do plan on wearing a pink blouse. as i mentioned in >>8942886 all of the pinks of what i already own match.

>>8945379
thank you! i've got a little korilakkuma plush keyring that I plan on attaching to the bag just to bring it all together, but i might work some other little things in too.

I'm still really just stuck on tights/legwear so any ideas are very welcome, i feel like something plain would just be too bland but i'm quite tall so most printed tights don't fit me or the stretch and warp weirdly.
>>
>>8940800
The material is shiny and looks very light, so I would go with only lightweight materials with it. Keep it simple, don't try to draw attention away from the print because otherwise it'll get drowned out. You could play on the vertical stripes using some striped chiffon or tights. Use a high collar blouse to show off the jsk's curved neckline and elaborate bodice.

This jsk is so pretty in person, I hope you can do it justice.
>>
File: chess chocolate coord.png (810KB, 1076x1456px) Image search: [Google]
chess chocolate coord.png
810KB, 1076x1456px
Can anyone give me color balance advice on my dream dress?

Here's my issue in a nutshell:
I want to buy Meta's brown cardi because I think the diamond pattern accents the print.
However now my concern is legwear because I think one combination makes it more bulky/unbalanced than the other:
1st option:
>gold shoes (they look bronzy in stock pic) + brown tights
2nd option:
>brown shoes + ivory tights

The reason why I'm partial to gold shoes is because that's the pair I own already. If I went with them I'd be saving myself some money. However I feel like pairing them with brown tights would make the coord look bulky because I already have the brown cardi. If I paired the gold shoes with the ivory tights it would make the coord unbalanced because then there's no darks at the bottom.

However if I did hunt down some brown shoes and pair them with ivory tights, I feel like that would be safest. But would the brown shoes and brown cardi be too much? I was thinking to break up the monotony of the cardi with a golden pin or brooch.
>>
>>8950648
Wearing cardigans or boleros over JSKs instead of blouses underneath is a thing, anon.
>>
>>8950662
It's a cooler option for summer, actually, and it can look more elegant in some cases.
>>
>>8950669
Don't even entertain her, she's shitposting again. Just report and ignore.
>>
File: 04041950.jpg (88KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
04041950.jpg
88KB, 700x700px
>>8950641
I agree with you on the ivory+brown combination looking better, and adding a gold brooch of some sort to the cardigan could be really cute! I don't know if it's going to match the gold in the print but what about this brooch for example? http://www.wunderwelt.jp/products/detail11056.html
All in all, I think you have the right idea for this coord. Sucks that you have to spend more money to make it work better but at least brown shoes are more versatile than gold ones and will probably be useful in future coords as well, if that's any consolation.
>>
>>8950681
Blouses are optional. If it looks good, there's nothing wrong with it as long as the shoulders are covered and there's no cleavage.
>mfw my past coords have been posted here and gulls don't notice or care to point out there's no blouse

Stop being a shitposting newfag and get out already.
>>
>>8950682
Thank you anon! I'll definitely be working on it. The link is a helpful start.
>>
File: guy_laughing_at_you.jpg (13KB, 265x350px) Image search: [Google]
guy_laughing_at_you.jpg
13KB, 265x350px
>>8950688
>gulls
>being abashed about pointing out flaws
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
>>
>>8950681
You realise that the taboo on going blouseless is a completely western invention, right? More of the western comm trying to make the style more rigid, uniform, and boring.
>>
>>8947396

Agreeing on the shall! Also this dress is gorgeous but I don't recognize it, what is it?
>>
>>8950641
Id go with the gold shoes+Ivory, but I'd opt for knitted tights or OTKs. Those plain opaque tights always look so underwhelming and awful IMO. You could then you gold jewelry and hair accessories to accent!
>>
>>8950696
Yeah, doesn't everyone know that?
Still doesn't mean that you can go blouseless in the west without expecting to be ripped to shreds.

>>8950685
if you wear a shawl, OP, coat or bolero it's fine obviously.
>>
File: lacemarket.jpg (252KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
lacemarket.jpg
252KB, 533x800px
what are some good head wear options for busy pastel prints like milky planet?

pic is from lacemarket, it gives a better sense of the weird sax than stock photos. i feel like ap's normal sax items would be too light/unbalanced.
>>
>>8950699
Thank you! It's actually handmade, I got the fabric from hobby lobby lol.
>>
File: ss.png (953KB, 1057x704px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
953KB, 1057x704px
Opinions? Going to a thing in a week, realized I don't have most of my stuff anymore... It's a picnic, which was my reasoning behind the boots, but I can just wear heels if they'd be better. If I need new acc, can pls suggest something I can buy nearby? I don't have time to order anything.
>>
File: TB2P69kepXXXXa.png (337KB, 450x646px) Image search: [Google]
TB2P69kepXXXXa.png
337KB, 450x646px
Help with a cute fun OTT ish head piece idea for this?? Also a would a chiffon blouse work better with this since I plan to wear this to a summer con in the south?
>>
File: Coordinate1.jpg (411KB, 1038x1882px) Image search: [Google]
Coordinate1.jpg
411KB, 1038x1882px
This is the first coordinate I've put up for feedback, any and all would be appreciated!
I am at a loss for both a blouse and bag, and I'm not married to any of the ideas I've got so far.
I'm leaning towards the simpler shoes and the grimoire tights, and I like MMM cutsews/Boz blouses and Krad's Phantom blouse, but I do not have a high enough budget for them right now.
>>
>>8951473
It's beautiful, anon! You're very talented.
>>
>>8940902
go back to Tumblr fag.
Thats a lovely JSK and you're obvisously under 18
>>
File: 33.jpg (771KB, 1200x852px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
771KB, 1200x852px
Please help me with this coord. I only have the shirt and skirt so far. The Skirt is black. FYI
I want to do a Royal theme--I own red and black tea partys as well.
I am not sure about the head piece, tights, and how to really pull this coord together properly.
Its my first theme like this and want it to look nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 600x901px
I just bought this OP and I was mostly wondering about what I should do fr headwear. I couldn't find the matching headbow. I was hoping to do a more toned down style; maybe with pale Oxfords and tights? I don't want to go to OTT sweet. Any suggestions are appreciated.
>>
>>8952064
Pick a small hairband with colours that either match the OP or are in a similar palette.
>>
>>8952064

Should be easy to find some hair flowers in matching colours for your hair. You don't have to do a floral crown, just a few floral pins a la Victorian Maiden, or look up bridal hairstyles.

If you have isues with the pink you might want to try looking for matching ribbon or fabric and make your own hairbow. Then you'd just need to look for white and blue flowers.
>>
>>8952064
A boater hat might be really cute. You can add a white/off white/pink ribbon to it to dress it up a bit as well as flower clips in colors that match the print.
>>
File: il_570xN.916425767_s2gq[1].jpg (49KB, 570x516px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.916425767_s2gq[1].jpg
49KB, 570x516px
>>8951769

The print is old can labels, with strawberries and cherries, right? krukrustudio on etsy makes jam jar bags and can bags that sort of fits into the theme. I'm not sure if she takes commissions, would be cute if you had a bag wih matching label as something on the dress.

For hairpiece, you could go simple with some blue ribbon and some fake strawberries. I guess if you want to up the ante you could look for/make fake sweets hairpins with jam on them, add a tiny plastic bottle with a printed jam label (to sort of tie in the labels and strawberries theme).

With regards to chiffon and heat. Polyester doesn't allow heat to pass through it easily. The dress lining is probably polyester, though, so I'd say you'd be pretty warm if the weather is too hot any way. The most you can do is choose a chiffon with a more open weave, or go for gauze instead (the holes allow heat to pass through more easily), put your hair in an updo, and try to stick to cooler/air-conditioned parts of the building.
>>
File: 162101-s-01-dl[1].jpg (18KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
162101-s-01-dl[1].jpg
18KB, 345x437px
>>8951788

Wait, that's a high-waisted skirt and isn't the phantom blouse made of sheer chiffon and billowy with full shirring?

With a skirt, you'll want a blouse that's opaque, or at least you'll want to think about how to hide your underwear from being in plain view. Additionally, unless you're really flat-chested, that blouse is going to make your boobs look really poofy.

I'd suggest keeping an eye out for a fitted blouse with ruffles and details on the front. If you're on a low budget, there's a number of cosplay-lolita stores on taobao that can do decent blouses, or you could stalk the secondhand sales for something that fits your budget. IW blouses are often sold for an alright price as girls get a lot of different sizes in the bigger lucky packs.

The grimoire tights (and its knockoffs) can turn grey from being stretched out if you're not a short, small person.

The rest of the coord looks pretty decent. I think headdress A looks like bettter quality and C looks a little cheap-ish, but the difference isn't really huge and the pop of colour looks cute.

I agree on the plainer shoes. If you take off the bows from shoe X they'd work okay, though.
>>
>>8950757

How OTT decora do you want to get? The traditional approach is to gather anything and everything that's pastel coloured (or at least matches large parts of your dress), glue it all on your rainbow-pastel-coloured head, and whatever doesn't fall off is good to go.

For simpler coord, decide on an interesting hairdo (bear buns? braids? twintails?). Then buy medium-sized hairbows in colours that match the dress. If you can't find them, take the waist tie in to your craft store or fabric store, match the blue, and make the bow yourself/pay someone to make it for you. Don't make the bows too big, it'll be too obvious the bows aren't printed same as the dress (which is also why you need a different hairstyle than the usual plopping a headbow on top approach).

Supplement it with smaller bows in different pastels, star or heart clips, or fake sweets hair accessory (just make sure the accessory matches the dress and doesn't look too cheap).
>>
>>8952037

This style of cutsew looks really casual, and I'm not really sure how to interpret your "royal" theme.

If you're aiming for a casual coord with "royal" as just your theme, I'd just go with white tights and plain black shoes, keep it comfy. Then put in royal-related accessories -- mini crown headdresses, crown jewellery, cameo jewellery of dead queens/kings, that kind of thing.

If you're looking for a hime lolita coord, ie- something that looks princessy, you're going to have to start over with a blouse that looks more formal and dressier, then build the coord up from there.
>>
>>8952037
That cutsew doesn't match in color or style. Get a black blouse with hime sleeves
>>
>>8952119
>>8952144
>>8952120

Thanks anons! I love all the cute ideas. I'll probably wait until I actually have the dress in my hands to get accessories since the pink is so different from everything I own.
>>
>>8952192
Thank you for the suggestions! I didn't know about the tights. Are there any grimoire socks that you know of that don't discolor as much? I'm not huge, but I am bigger than the average Asian girl.
I have big boobs, so that phantom blouse for my jsks is definitely out.
>>
>>8952931

Last I heard most of the tights do, due to the sizes they're produced in. Vitrail in particular is pretty annoying because the grey it becomes is pretty difficult to match with anything.

It's less obvious on the sheerer tights because they're sheer anyway, though your coord does have to account for the tights being sheer, eg some of the tights can look like dirty legs, the colour being different once it's on your leg, that kind of thing.

The shorter socks are generally okay, as they don't get stretched upwards in addition to sideways. Grimoire did have some really short socks (ankle length) at one point, those didn't discolor at all.

On the subject of blouses, if you have big boobs you'll probably want to avoid ruffles, and go for blouses with pintucks and (flat) lace decorations instead.
>>
>>8952037
This is a mess. Cutsews are very casual, teaparties are awkward, and there is nothing royal about this. You want to go elegant, polished, and ladylike.

You need to start over, and look for heels, blouses, and what you actually mean by royal.
>>
>>8952064
May I ask what dress this is? It's adorable!
>>
>>8953017
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/fluffy-flower-op

It's AP Fluffy Flower.

I've been having a hard time finding worn co-ords of it, though. But I think after getting advice I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do.
>>
>>8951788
I don't like either of these shoes. Too clunky when the print is very elegant
>>
File: BeFunky Collage.jpg (463KB, 748x694px) Image search: [Google]
BeFunky Collage.jpg
463KB, 748x694px
So the headwear I bought to wear with this isn't working out like I hoped. Even though the blue in my merry making headbow is darker than the main blue in this print do you think I can make it work?
>>
>>8953693
Could you link or post what you think would look better?
I'd really appreciate it!
>>
File: coord4.jpg (422KB, 1248x1584px) Image search: [Google]
coord4.jpg
422KB, 1248x1584px
I don't know if use pink / green or mix it with brown
>>
>>8954020
brown seems to be sort of reaching so I would go with pink/green
>>
>>8953909
Just did a super quick glance through angelic imprint, this is the kind of thing I'd go for:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-1943662122.60.AhlkZF&id=3466571022

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-1943662122.56.UsA2uj&id=42218072432

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-1943662122.110.UsA2uj&id=45639188821

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-1943662122.93.jQOaDz&id=524696607340 (minus the violin thing b/c it doesnt match your theme)
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 287x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 287x441px
Getting this JSK next week. I'm pretty excited!

I'm wondering if an off-white blouse would work with this? It's a high neck line too. I'd try and get some off-white tights, and some brown shoes.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 137248-iv_0.jpg (89KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
137248-iv_0.jpg
89KB, 480x640px
Anyone got any coord pictures/suggestions for Baby's Chocolate Whip?
I'm finding myself a bit bored of it and I need some new ideas.
>>
>>8954025
thanks a lot, anon
>>
>>8954020
I think you could incorporate more of a tan/golden brown shade. And I wouldn't use that clock bag since it seems kind of random.

A good combo may be the pink headdress, tan oxford heels, and a tan satchel purse. You could even use like a basket type or straw bag with some flower adornment instead.

>>8954301
That sounds good, but maybe wait until you have the dress so you can check that ivory will match the print, yeah? I think offwhite tights with a lace or subtle pattern would be nice.

>>8954600
Well my initial thought is to pair it with a biscuit bag of some kind, but I'm not sure if you've already done that. A brown chocolate or biscuit themed beret would be cute too.
Maybe you could mention what combinations you've done already?
>>
I really want to focus on the gradient of this but am having trouble not looking dumb. Now that I actually have the dress the bottom is much more blue than the stock images show
>>
File: tights3_original[1].png (329KB, 740x456px) Image search: [Google]
tights3_original[1].png
329KB, 740x456px
>>8954301

This sounds pretty good, although I agree with the other anon to wait and see if the white parts are white or ivory.

>>8954600

Do any of the pieces come off? The apron or the waist bow, for eg? If it does, you could put a bolero over it and get a very different look out of it.

Otherwise I'm not seeing many options other than a pretty basic coord. The dress is too busy to do too much without it looking like a clusterfuck.

>>8955554

Easiest way to highlight/continue the gradient is to get tights that continue the gradient, and then end with white or black shoes. You probably want to balance out the top with a white blouse or bolero, though. Having black on top and lighter colours at the bottom tends to look a bit odd.
>>
>>8955634
Thanks! I tried it on with a white blouse and just wasn't sure if it looked too weird, but then black just sort of gets lots in the dress.
>>
File: IMG_0074.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
There's gonna be a chocolate themed meetup this week and I would like to get some constructive concrit on my coord if that's possible. My coord theme is "strawberry-chocolate"

>just realized I forgot the bag in the coord pic, it's going to be a biscuit bag
>>
>>8953902
I think it's fine since there are many blue tones in the prints, and it's far enough away
>>
>>8955756

The lighting makes it hard to judge, it's making the lace on your dress look too dull for the white bow. I'd leave out the star biscuits, though. They're a great idea, but they look so plasticky and cheap even in this lighting, I can't imagine it looking better in daylight.

I don't really like the chocolate bow either, but that might just be my bias. There's a batch of chocolate bows made from quilting fabric going around that have this weird grey overcast and reddish undertone that doesn't match any lolita dress at all. So long as yours isn't one of those it's probably fine, though.

Other than the minor gripes, it's a pretty cute coord.

in b4 someone bitches that biscuits aren't chocolates.
>>
>>8954148
Thank you anon, I'll consider getting a more elegant look going for the shoes.
>>
>>8955756
I don't like the blouse, I'd switch it to a different colour and keep the pink stars and shoes. The chocolate headbow doesn't match anything, either, so either alter your blouse/legwear to match or scratch it.

Basically, you're not matching a lot at all and the photo isn't great because you're taking photos on pink, too. It's messy, you need to edit.
>>
File: juuhihi.png (1MB, 882x846px) Image search: [Google]
juuhihi.png
1MB, 882x846px
Would really appreciate some feedback on this. It doesn't show in pictures, but there's dusty pink in the dress print, and the colours of the pink items are all weird looking but they match IRL. I'm not really sure what to do for a blouse, so definitely would love some feedback on that.
>>
>>8955838
Thanks anon!
>>
>>8956029
I think this looks nice, quite light and floaty so I would probably look for a chiffon blouse, esp. with ruffles to tie in with the parasol. Ivory would work well with the tights.

I might also add a few more pink details, maybe another flower or bow on both the hat and the bag, just to get a colour balance from top to bottom of the coord.
>>
>>8956029
The coord looks nice to me! Since you've already got a few colors going on, i'd say keep the blouse ivory like the person above suggested. Chiffon would be pretty and fancy, maybe a cutsew with a peter pan collar and blouson sleeves would look more casual but also would work.
>>
File: IMG_0076.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0076.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>8955756
I'm Op and here's the coord in indirect lighting and grey weather. As well as more options to the coord due to weather changes. Still asking for constructive concrit.

>and I didn't forget the bag
>>
File: firstcoordattempt.png (2MB, 1446x1149px) Image search: [Google]
firstcoordattempt.png
2MB, 1446x1149px
Hey guys, i'll be buying my very first piece soon (British Shorthair JSK) and I put together a coord collage with what i've got planned for it so far.

I'm wondering what people think as it's my first Lolita coord? I felt kind of boring going for that style of blouse but I didn't want to go crazy and experiment just yet.

(The bag will be handmade by me, think very soft minky fleece for the material, as I had a vision of what I wanted in my head and it would be less frustrating for me to just make it than try find something matching)

Advice, suggestions, critique? Am i being too boring/playing too safe? (Also, not too sold on the tights/shoes yet)
>>
>>8956326
I don't really like the tights. Its kind of hard to tell what's on them and it looks a bit like a blotch. I'd suggest something else cat themed, but still black.
>>
>>8952037
Go for the black tea party shoes instead of the red. I also agree with other anon that plain white tights might be your best bet.

For the headpiece I notice there's flowers and pearls in the print. Maybe there's a shop on etsy that sells similar colored flower head pieces, and you can request a custom design to add a string of pearls. If you still want to keep the royal aesthetic, try adding some gold jewelry accessories. There's tons of crown-themed gold jewelry.
>>
File: baroquetights.png (301KB, 400x717px) Image search: [Google]
baroquetights.png
301KB, 400x717px
>>8956360
Turns out it's suprisingly hard to find simple black cat tights that aren't the harajuku/kawaii OTK print ones.

Possibly these instead? Black pair of course. I'm liking how the colours sync with the rest of my coord without the print being all over the tights so i can keep that simpler look.
>>
>>8956326
>>8956421
Different anon but I think those kind of tights could be cute thematically, I wonder if you could get a brooch or cat rosette to wear on the dress too?
>>
>>8956658
Yeah, I'm really liking the colours on them now as they fit well without going overboard on print.

I was thinking of replacing the necklace on the blouse with something cat themed, possibly a red ribbon + little cat brooch in the centre?
>>
>>8956295
None of your pinks match. neither do your browns match. I'm not a fan of any of this desu.
>>
>>8955089
>>8955634
The apron and waist bow are detachable, yes.
What I've done before is pretty basic. Ivory or mint blouse + socks with brown shoes and bow.
I'm toying with the idea of pairing it with a straw boater hat, but I'm not quite sure that would fit the style well enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 647x649px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 647x649px
Sorry for the awkward collage, I'm working on tablet. Still very new to Coording and I've been in love with this dress forever. The wig would be black and the violin bag is a little nod to the Vampire Chronicles but I can ditch it if it's too off putting. Any suggestions for tights and accessories or anything else would be fantastic!
>>
File: elize lutus meta op and socks.png (333KB, 588x484px) Image search: [Google]
elize lutus meta op and socks.png
333KB, 588x484px
So I have this dress and I've figured out pretty much everything for the coord except my legwear. I would love to get a pair of these socks in purple, but they were only released once in 2012 and I just feel like I'll never find them, plus I want to wear this coord at an event in a few months.

What other legwear options would be good? I was thinking something just solid color?
>>
>>8958582
Forgot to mention, the dress and socks are inspired by the same character from a series, which is why I wanted to wear them together. Sorry, that wasnt very clear.
>>
File: dress and bonnet.jpg (70KB, 650x404px) Image search: [Google]
dress and bonnet.jpg
70KB, 650x404px
I just bought this dress and bonnet and am very new to putting together a coord, what kind of tights and shoes should I buy for this? I have a classical puppets bell petticoat, but would that work for this dress or is it more A-line?
>>
>>8958667
That's definitely bell shaped, just not a very poofy one.
>>
I bought this and the head bow recently, and really am in need of some cheap chocolate/sweets themed accessories
https://world.taobao.com/item/521783776319.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-8023218195.84.DfOBds
I also got the blouse int his set, but the wrists use elastic which looks ugly as sin, so i'm looking for some brown wristcuffs.
I'm on a budget too, any help is appreciated!
>>
>>8958582
I think something sheer black would do, to balance put the jacket (i'm assuming that comes with?) perhaps vertical stripes
>>
>>8955856
>>8955756
I agree with this anon. the chocolate bow would look ok, if the shade of brown matched the dress. the dress is orange shade brown, while the bow is orange red shade brown
>>
>>8958670
Thanks! Thats what I thought, but the lack of poof had me wondering
>>
>>8954020
i'd ditch the flower crown idea... there are less cliche and more elegant ways to incorporate flowers into a head accessory
>>
>>8951764
that blouse is ugly as hell, also ditch the socks
>>
>>8948209
golds and pale pinks perhaps?
>>
>>8958688
Yeah, the jacket is included. Would that be okay with black shoes though?
>>
>>8958757
Not really, it would be bottom heavy.
Have you tried matching to the pale pink?
>>
>>8958763
No, I havent, I think that's my best option though. I'll dream of those socks forever but I just dont want to spend all that time scouring y!japan and other sites looking for them </3
>>
>>8950641
option 2, so its like layered colors alternately
>>
File: P11JS217-n.jpg (68KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P11JS217-n.jpg
68KB, 480x640px
how would you wear this? what kind of blouse?
>>
>>8959089
scoop neck with a round collar, and loose sleeves
>>
>>8959089
ps this is A LOT longer than I thought it would be
>>
>>8958683
p-pls
>>
>>8958567
An ivory headdress would be good. Either a gothic style floral +pearl drop one or an old school rectangle one would work well I think.
For legwear maybe lace patterned tights? Honestly not too sure what color to go with, I think you need to lay this all out and see if black or ivory is better. Alternatively you could find tights with a gold print.

>>8958667
I would say for colors go with ivory tights with a subtle or lace pattern and dark brown shoes, an elegant heel of some kind.

>>8958683
oh my god all the text on that dress is so jarring...but anyway
I know some taobao stores sell accessories like that, I'd ask in the thread. Storenvy and etsy are also good, but another option is buying a lot of resin charms from taobao or aliexpress and making your own accessories from them. Many lots are entirely sweets focused and have charms like cakes, chocolates, biscuits, etc.
For a sweet themed bag on a budget, check secondhand (yahoo japan auctions is good, I got a cheap biscuit bag there) or get a taobao replica.
>>
>>8956295

I don't believe all your colours need to match exactly, they just need to not clash. The biggest clashing pink is just the tights and the bracelet.

- The bracelet's small enough that it's not going to have a big impact.
- The tights colours will probably dull out a fair bit when stretched out over your legs. If that doesn't work out, you might need to look for white or ivory tights (according to the lace on your dress). The beige doesn't quite go and the brown looks like it'd make your legs melt into the skirt.

Your bigger problem is that the bag does clash pretty badly with everything else. Hope you can find another bag, this one sticks out like a sore thumb.

Still not a fan of the chocolate headbow, but I don't think you'll look bad in photos at least, so I say go for it.
>>
>>8958779
Yeah, I wish another anon found something for you in the same colors, because damn those socks would look great in a coord I'm building.
Good luck on your hunt!
>>
>>8958667
That's one of my old dream dresses. I never got it because I realized it would be so hard for me to coord well. Good luck anon, I hope it turns out well.
>>
>>8956326

>>8956326

This is going to sound like a complete Debbie Downer, but I'm going to say that having a cat bag that looks like a plush toy kind of takes away from the mature vibe of the rest of the dress. I guess if you're intending to paint the fleece and make it look so realistic that it doesn't look like a plush toy, then it'd work out, otherwise, I'd save the sewing for a more sweet coord, get a different bag instead. Sorry, anon.

I like the cat tights. I do appreciate that this coord doesn't have prints and things on every single inch of it, so plain tights fit in well with that (it's going to look like plain tights from a distance).
>>
File: 137248-off2[1].jpg (85KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
137248-off2[1].jpg
85KB, 480x640px
>>8957887

It's pretty much just a sweet dress without the apron, so I'd say you can pretty much do whatever you want with it. The colours are going to be more of a problem, I'd suggest whatever you choose to add needs to have the same dark brown to tie it back to the dress, and then you just need to balance whatever you add back to the rest of the dress.

So for eg if you want to add a straw boater hat, choose one with a matching brown ribbon. Then add a bag in the exact same colour as the hat (assuming the hat is yellow straw or similar) so that the colours are balanced throughout the coord.
>>
>>8959173
No no, thanks for the critique! That's what I want as obviously I'm fairly new to coording.

I would be able to go for making a realistic cat face, now that you mention it, it does seem to tie in better with the feel of the JSK. I could simply copy/reference one of the cats in the dress to match the style. :)
>>
File: il_570xN.642594834_mouw.jpg (73KB, 570x749px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.642594834_mouw.jpg
73KB, 570x749px
>>8951788
Gulls, fucking stop me.
I am getting so tired of looking for bags, this is starting to look good.
>https://www.etsy.com/listing/200569649/banksy-stained-glass-shopping-bag
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 443x332px
I bought this on a lim about 5 years ago from inocent world and you can barley find any trace of it on the Internet. I honestly am not the biggest fan of it and I'm trying to salvage it in the coord but I'm really pulling up short. HELP
>>
>>8958707
Pale pinks would be interesting for sure!
>>
>>8959528
What about MuFish's Rose Cross bag?
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=41836514952
>>
>>8956326
Please don't wear those shoes anon. I like the second tights you posted and I agree with the bag being too childish but please I hope you haven't ordered those monstrosities.
>>
>>8959737
If you want to go with something simple: Beige/off white blouse, beige/off white OTKs (maybe with lace at the top or some kind of pattern), brown shoes (mary janes? oxfords? victorian-esque boots?), brown purse, sax headbow.
I'm sure there are other, more interesting ways to coord it but that's the first thing that I had in mind.
>>
>>8959737
I have the jsk, and I second what >>8959919 says. It's great for casual and simple coordinates.
>>
File: ginghamfrill_black.jpg (100KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
ginghamfrill_black.jpg
100KB, 720x576px
I want to coord this JSK with red, but I'm having trouble balancing it. Maybe adding a red pendant necklace of some sort? I'm stumped on legwear, too. What do you gulls think?
>>
>>8960302
Is the bow at the neck removable? If it is, you can replace it with a red ribbon - if you can tie bows well, that is. Honestly though I don't think it's necessary; a headbow, a purse and shoes are enough to balance the coord imo.
Speaking of which, it might be just a matter of personal taste but I'm not a fan of the purse, I think a plain red purse will look nicer.
>>
File: ry.png (787KB, 3010x1722px) Image search: [Google]
ry.png
787KB, 3010x1722px
I have a pretty large bust (110 cm) any suggestions for blouses that would flatter these two Jsks?
>>
>>8960316
What's your face shape?
>>
>>8960324
Square.
>>
I have a roundish face? Smaller forehead.
>>
>>8960392
Stop pretending to be me, you can't even respond to a post. Nobody believes you.
>>
>>8947396
Source on the shawl in the 3rd pic if it's not offbrand?

Sage for OT
>>
>>8960585
meatspin.com
>>
File: twinklecarnival.png (504KB, 667x704px) Image search: [Google]
twinklecarnival.png
504KB, 667x704px
Can I get some opinions on this? It's my first time trying to coord sweet and I'm not sure how it's going. I own the blouse, JSK, the black shoes, and headbow, everything else I'm not committed to. I wanted to focus on the stars in the print, thus the bag and the OTKs. But I'll be wearing this in the summer, and I wanted it to feel kind of flowy and light, so I'm not sure if they'd be too bulky looking with the blouse. Open to suggestions on everything. Also not sure on the chiffon-y cuffs. Figured for a necklace I'd get something dainty in gold with stars.
>>
File: any_good_shoes.png (981KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
any_good_shoes.png
981KB, 1440x900px
I'm currently looking for things to get my first coord together.
Right now I'm struggling with decent shoes that are not made by yanners. The ones I found on TaoBao so far were mostly knock-offs. So I put that back for now.

After some browsing I found some lolitas using boots/shoes by Demonia.

I found pic related in a web-store, where I think they could work as basic "good for all" shoes (oriented myself on the How to build a wardrobe post on fyeahlolita.blogspot.de).

1) http://www.alternative-footwear.co.uk/contessa-50-black-patent-mary-janes.html
2) http://www.alternative-footwear.co.uk/maryjane-50-black-patent-mary-janes.html
3) http://www.alternative-footwear.co.uk/maryjane-50-black-matte-mary-janes.html
4) http://www.alternative-footwear.co.uk/gothika-09-black-matte-and-patent-shoes.html
5) http://www.alternative-footwear.co.uk/arena-50-black-patent-ankle-strap-court-shoes.html

Are any of these 5 good?

No. 2) & 3) are the same model and only differ in shiny/matte.

I am quite fond of no.4 with those little skulls on the straps, but I'm not 100% sure, if they are fitting especially when they are supposed to be basis footwear and skulls won't fit that much to the rest of the coord. So I'd guess something more neutral will be the better choice?

If any gull has something better to offer, I'd appreciate a tip or suggestion (ideally located in EU).
>>
>>8960716
*not only Demonia, but Shoes from alternative shops in general

saged
>>
I'm not really sure how to coord this op. Can anyone please help me, thank you so much I really appreciate it
>>
>>8960725
burn it, it's tacky af
>>
>>8960328
Short sleeved peter pan collar for the first one. Avoid stark high collar blouses, they will accentuate your jawline making the boxy shape more pronounced.
If you have bigger arms, avoid michellin man sleeves.
A round collared blouse, depending on the style, would look good with the second jsk, that or a square collar that is either hidden by, or peeks above the jsk.
Take a look at this shop, they might have a style you like:
>https://neverlandlolita.taobao.com/
You'll only be able to view it if you're in global taobao.
>>
>>8960716
>are any of these good?
Meh. it would really depend on the rest of the outfit, but none of them are all that great. Too cheap looking.
Pleaser is shit, and they are uncomfortable as fuck. I was so pissed when they bought out Demonia.
>>
>>8960725

It's an OP. Not a lot you need to do/can do with them.

Just add white lace tights, then shoes and bag that match each other (and don't clash with the colour of the dress). Black seems good choice, dark brown is ok too. I wouldn't bother matching the OP, but if you happen to have an exact match lying around, that's good too.
>>
>>8960713

This looks pretty cute as is.

Personally I think the OTKs look a bit heavy for chiffon, but that's me being nitpicky. Black tights with gold detailing and the gold glitter shoes would be my choice. I also think the wristcuffs look a little floppy by themselves, would add pearls or something to liven them up a little. That's just me, though.
>>
>>8960585
It is offbrand, but still available for like $4 on eBay!

>>8960594
You have to be at least 18 years old to use 4chan.
>>
>>8960716
If you're going specifically for gothic or perhaps old school, these could potentially work. The bottom left pair are the most lolita shape, and the top right could also work for gothic. But like the other anon said, Demonia shoes do tend to be cheap and are ultimately not worth the money. What substyle are you going for? I find that with gothic and classic, you can get shoes in any regular shoe store- things like a Victroian/granny style boot, or a oxford pump, or plainer mary jane are all widely available and great basics.
>>
>>8951788
I'm pretty sure Restyle has stained window bag as well!
>>
>>8960875
> What substyle are you going for?
I'm going for gothic for my start.

> I find that with gothic and classic, you can get shoes in any regular shoe store- things like a Victroian/granny style boot, or a oxford pump, or plainer mary jane are all widely available and great basics.

That's good to hear. This will solve the issue easily, although I need to be careful since I'm not that experienced with shoe models for females. I'll take my time and stroll through the local shoe stores.

Is there anything else I need to be careful with regarding Victorian Boots and Mary Janes?
>>
>>8960906
Not really, but if you do plan to wear them a lot just make sure they're comfortable! I know places like Payless or DSW are really good for just basic shoes, so I'd check there.
>>
>>8960877
Unfortunately, it's a beauty and the beast bag. I'm not really into introducing that as a theme seeing as how the skirt is so elegant.
>>
File: navy coord.jpg (2MB, 2637x3689px) Image search: [Google]
navy coord.jpg
2MB, 2637x3689px
>>8959089
I have this. I haven't worn it yet but this is what I have planned.
>>
File: IMG_2695.jpg (323KB, 1010x1279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2695.jpg
323KB, 1010x1279px
I'm a little worried that the brown is too dark. Any suggestions?
>>
>>8951788
Why not use a plain black bag? Maybe on with a gothic or cross motif of some kind, I think that would be just fine. If you want to bring in a bit more color you could get a headdress with some colored glass bead strands or wear bracelets.

>>8960713
Looks good, I think the gold shoes would be nice. Maybe instead of the blouse neckties you could wear a gold necklace of some sort or add a gold charm to the headbow. Just think it needs that gold pop on top.

>>8960725
Black or dark brown shoes and bag, white (or ivory/offwhite) legwear. Done. For styles I think old school style shoes like mary janes would work well, and then a top handle bag.

>>8960947
The brown looks like it matches the dress, so it's fine. I would ditch those socks and use ivory/ whatever color the blouse is tights instead though. If you want to add another color then swap out the headbow for a color from the dress like red or mint.
>>
>>8960966
How cheesy would lampwork beads look do you think? I have a ton from my grandmother who makes them herself.
I could make really solid pieces between now and when I'll be wearing this.
>>
>>8961025
I'm this idiot btw
>>>>8951788
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-13+at+11.30.13).jpg (63KB, 592x419px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-13+at+11.30.13).jpg
63KB, 592x419px
>>8961025
I'm not super familiar with beading stuff so I gave them a google, I mean it could work depending on what kind of beads you use?
I thought the pictured ones were kinda cool, something like a pattern or colorscheme to mimic the stained glass should look nice. Just keep it simple and don't get too kooky kitschy.
>>
>>8960947

The rest of it looks good, but I think that one single brown bow on top of your head does look a bit slapped-on. I'd suggest adding one or two hair accessories, maybe a hairclip or a smaller bow, in ivory or a matching blue to the dress, just to tie it back to the rest of the outfit.
>>
>>8960302
This looks like it would be cute. I hope you arent wanting to wear those boleros on top because it will look awkward with all the ruffles on the bust. I suggest wearing a blouse without a collar underneath instead. Also i would add some sort of red accessory on your jsk, like a pin on top or on the waist.
>>
File: shit ideas.png (2MB, 1713x1077px) Image search: [Google]
shit ideas.png
2MB, 1713x1077px
>>8958667
Still can not figure out what to put with this coord, halp.

Try as I might I can not find tights I think compliment it. Ive ended up with a few things I think could work for accessories
>>
File: 847383.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
847383.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>8962155
The upper left tights are okay but you should be able to find normal lace tights on taobao and in normie stores too.
The pony bag is horrifying and I'm horrified that you would consider it. The baby bag is better, you probably want something rectangular like that. Pic related something sleeker and more elegant (the choice just depends if you want the coord more neutral classic or sophisticated).
The choker is iffy since it looks kind of cheap, dunno what kind of options there are for brown chokers though. I wonder if you could find a simple velveteen one or one with a cameo charm.
>>
>>8962436
My thought process with the horse bag was "well is brown and little
Purple, and the dress is, and it's uh a pony, and the dress has ponies on it" but the more i looked at it the more I knew it wasn't right.

I have one pair of lace tights right now but I'm wondering if white is too white for the dress, I was trying to find something ivory, I did find a simple velvet brown choker though
>>
File: stuff.png (1MB, 1558x776px) Image search: [Google]
stuff.png
1MB, 1558x776px
>>8962155
I'd probably try to stick to something more classic. The colours on my screen are off, so I tried picking a few cream/off-white socks, but make sure they match the colour on the dress. Don't go for pure white.

>>8962155
Honestly, the stuff you picked out isn't good except for the BtSSB scallop bag. Never wear a necklace like that with lolita, it looks tacky as hell. >>8962436 Made a good bag suggestion, too. Maybe try a pearl choker with a gold crown on it. Pretty sure that's floating somewhere on a brand shop now.
>>
Does this work? I've got silver bracelets and a silver constellation necklace. I cannot coord this dress for shit so any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: shoes.jpg (297KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shoes.jpg
297KB, 700x1000px
>>8963125
Thanks, ive been having a lot of trouble for some reason trying to find off white or ivory tights, I didn't think it would be this hard.

I found some simplier chokers/necklaces though, I thought about pearls but wasnt too sure.

Found these shoes on Bodyline and was thinking about them, mainly because of the crown. If not I have some simplier shoes saved too. that are similar to the ones in your picture

I am obviously not fashion inclined but god damn it all I love loltia and I want to become good
>>
>>8964650
I think what you need to do is to think of the overall look. The dress you have is very much classic leaning. So the stuff you should be looking for should go in that direction, regardless of the fact that the print has ponies. You also need to be critical about quality, as there is a lot of shit out there. So you want your jewelry to look expensive and it isn't about finding x in brown but finding stuff that compliments the rest.

The shoes are ok, I wouldn't wear the crown detail personally and the heart detailing is a bit on the sweet side but the shape is fine. I think the simpler ones would be easier to use again since you need the basics.
>>
>>8964638
Ditch the tights. They're tacky, especially combinined with the silver shoes and bag
>>
>>8964691
Thanks so much, and I know the pony bag was bad, I just slapped it in because I truly was having a hard time and thought "I guess!" I think I want to simplify the outfit as much as I can and just be elegant.

I think im definitely going to go for a pearl choker now, but I will have to make sure to stay away from the cheaper imitation pearls.

I think I have a better idea of what I want now, but tights and socks are still the hardest.
>>
File: maybe better.png (2MB, 1719x1124px) Image search: [Google]
maybe better.png
2MB, 1719x1124px
>>8964713
Hopefully getting better
>>
>>8964761
Really? Whats wrong with this one? I honestly dont see anything glaring this time

I went with offwhite/ivory tights, brown shoes that arent too flashy or sweet (I think) and pearls or a simple brown velvet choker instead of something lacey.

All of that is critic Ive been given and have followed
>>
>>8964785
Could you possibly give me an example of a good coord for this dress then?
>>
>>8964791
I honsetly think at this point youre just trying to being mean for means sake.

You havent told me what it is I apparently did so wrong this time, and I have followed the critic I was given.

I've said I was new to this and trying, so yeah Im sure I do, because I've never done this before. But whatever. I'll stop
>>
>>8964799
other anon is being a cunt, your last attempt was pretty good but still not quite hitting the mark yet for me. I'm too new myself to be able to give full concrit, but I feel like the choker doesn't work because of the difference in material (it looks like low quality velvet), and I'm not really feeling the pearls either. the top shoes are just too plain imo, bottom shoes might work?
>>
>>8964752
Try not to be too discouraged by the other comments anon, you've picked a difficult dress to coord, especially for a beginner

- I'd recommend some cream lace or textured tights/socks, they'll nearly always look better than plain tights, especially stark white.
-You're on the right track with the shoe colour but the shape is a little clunky, I'd recommend an oxford heel so it'll look more mature. You could also look at cream or gold shoes if you want to bring out the gold in the print.
-Both of the necklaces are tacky and cheap looking, I'd recommend a nice gold pendant, maybe a crown motif.
-Bonnets can be difficult to pull off so if you do wear it make sure you have nice full hair/wig. If you have a long face bonnets can also make your face look longer. Other hair accessories that could work are cantoliers or lace headdresses (cutiecreator on taobao make very nice headdresses).
-For bags try to look for nice simple style in a flattering colour for the coord and try and match it to your shoes (gold, cream, brown, burgundy)
>>
>>8950707
Seconded, this is actually p close to how I coord mine
>>
>>8964827
>>8964806
Thanks anons.

Ill take a break from shitting up this thread but this really helps.

I hope one day I get a better eye for quality as it seems a lot of problems I have is just not noticing when something looks too cheap as I really thought the pearls looked nice.

The tights are killing me, maybe one day I'll find some that work but I can barely find ivory tights let alone textured ones that match the style at all. I started to look for cream instead actually and have had a little better time.

Thanks for the store to look at too :)
>>
>>8964831
Have you tried mu-fish on taobao or sockdreams?
>>
>>8964638
If you want to go with silver accessories, pull the blouse, tights, and headbow back. They should all match the color of bodice of the dress. Swap tights for OTKs.
>>
>>8964835
don't suggest sock dreams. they're a reseller!
>>
>>8964752
Never mind the cunty anon, I don't get why people get so buttmad in a thread intended to help people out.

Anyway I found these ivory tights that I think would be nice:
>http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Women-Sexy-Stockings-Summer-Autumn-Hollow-Tights-Japanese-Lace-Pantyhose-Fishnet-Stockings-High-Elastic-Vintage/32456450753.html
You could wear short ruffle socks on top of these too if need be.
I think those plain mary jane type shoes are fine, I actually think the crown ones you picked earlier are alright too. That general simple shape is fitting to the style.
I don't mind the pearls but bringing out the gold in accessories is definitely an idea. You could even find pearls with a gold pendant if you wanted to include them still. You're on a better track now and the dress is kind of tricky for someone new to coordinating!
>>
>>8964922
>>8964835
thank you both! I actually really like the aliexpress tights and I found a couple on mu-fish that could work.

Another anon added maybe getting a more elegant or "slimmer" looking heel so ill keep looking

Also found some options at the store the ealier anon told me about.

Then I remembered the list on EGL of shops and taoboa so ill have to start getting acquainted.
>>
File: Potental Coord for Outing Soon.png (492KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Potental Coord for Outing Soon.png
492KB, 800x533px
I'm trying to figure out a coord for an event I'm attending next week. The dress is both beige and white so I am stumped on leg wear. I'm planning on wearing gold jewelry hence why one of the options has gold in it. I also have a gold star bag if that would be more suitable with the gold jewelry. Input would be appreciated.
>>
>>8964785
Okay I swear you are the same fucking person who has polluted a number of these coord help threads. You shit on people's coords and revisions of coords without providing any useful feedback. Clearly YOU are the one who doesn't know shit. Please get out of this thread already.
>>
Serious question: when do you consider a blouse to have a "medium cut" regarding height of neckline? Would appreciate any example given.
>>
>>8965309
How to spot shitbird troll:
>lowercase
>is OT
>usually excessively derogatory and aggressive

For the love of all things frilly, just report this person ladies. This person spends their entire day doing this shit, they don't care. And once their posts get deleted they ban evade and come back anyway.

It's easier to just report and ignore.
>>
>>8965292
Don't go full duochrome beige/white. There is no way you will be able to match those shades well enough. Gold jewelry is a fine choice, but you need to introduce some contrast somewhere or this coord is going to be boring at best.
>>
>>8964752
I'm really not sure what's going on with your sock choices. Why not just do lace tights? No ankle socks, no plain tights.
>>
>>8965356
Where would you recommend introducing some contrast? The tights and the bag? I have some blue print tights for example, but where would I balance it considering that I'd be wearing the beige hat and an OP?
>>
>>8965365
I couldnt find any lace tights that werent just plain white, so I found some that were at least the right color.

But a few people already showed me some different places that have a couple lace tights that should work.

Ankle socks I figured wouldnt work, but I put them in just to see.
>>
>>8965368
Consider adding an embellishment to the hat (flower or bow?) to match it to the details on the tights in the collage nearest to the dress. Pick a color out of there for your bag, shoes, and maybe add a shawl. Looks like that gives you sage, cool pink, and coral to work with at least.
>>
>>8965388
Do you think getting white lace tights and tea dying them would work?
>>
>>8965428
You know ive never thought about it, but I have seen tutorials of dying shirts like that.

It sure wouldnt hurt to pick up some cheap lace tights and trying it out!
>>
File: beforeafter.jpg (957KB, 938x784px) Image search: [Google]
beforeafter.jpg
957KB, 938x784px
>>8965428
Saw this right away, I dont know if that looks a little too dark, but im sure I could keep it light just by dying it less.

I think it could work well if I cant find the right tights or the tights im looking at end up being a little too small.
>>
File: neckline.png (301KB, 535x322px) Image search: [Google]
neckline.png
301KB, 535x322px
Do these necklines look alright together? I don't know if the dark red one is appropriate for lolita, but thought it might be ok paired underneath a bolero.
Also, any advice on pairing a light coloured main piece with darker blouse/bolero like this combo?
>>
>>8965776
not Lolita appropriate
>>
>>8965776
The red thing is inappropriate. I don't think turtleneck sweater kei is a style at the moment.
A dark bolero can work over a solid dress or one with a print/ embellishment with the same dark color. Match the bolero to your sock or shoe color depending on your bag choice.
>>
>>8965776
it looks cute imo
>>
>>8965868
I thought so as well, reminds me of a uniform style coord or something.
>>
>>8964838
Who do sock dreams resell from? They are fairly popular, I thought?
>>
>>8964838
They re-sell certain items like from Leg Avenue and whatnot, but they have an extensive line of knit socks that they make themselves. Usually they will write the name of the original company in the description if they didn't make the item themelves
>>
>>8956326
Absolutely beautiful
>>
>>8966354
>blushing

thanks!
>>
>>8964638
Maybe see if you can get some bowclips to add on your shoes? I think I know who you are and your coords are always so lovely but then I look at the shoes and they seem so plain in comparison. I think bows would help make it look more "these are lolita and I planned this" rather than "I had these in my closet and threw them with my dress"
>>
File: 1.jpg (273KB, 678x565px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
273KB, 678x565px
>>8958667
>>8964752
I was bored and saw you struggling so I gave it a shot. I'd stay away from solid opaque nylon tights, I think they always look cheap no matter what you do with them. Instead, go for a tasteful lace tight or at the very least, a solid colour knitted tight or OTK, just to give some texture and interest to your legs. I like the 2nd shoes in your most recent coord, but I think this could look really cute with a nice lace up style boot to play off of the antiquey, victorian sort of vibe from the dress. If you get a lace up style like pic related I would re-lace them with red satin ribbon to match the ribbon on the bonnet and draw a bit more attention to them. I love the pearls with this, I would however go for maybe a two-strand necklace with perhaps copper or gold hardware, and avoid a true choker length because the choker necklace will conflict with the ribbon of your bonnet so just make sure that the necklace sits a bit lower than the bow. Rings you could go with more pearls or perhaps an exciting red ring for a little pop of colour. This dress is really pretty and you're headed in the right direction! Good luck!!
>>
>>8965292
Go with the printed tights at the top, not sure of the brand but they look like grimoire perhaps? Pull colours from that to use in the rest of the coord. Personally, I'd pull the green into my headwear, wear tonned down gold shoes if you can find them or camel-coloured oxford heels. Alternatively, brown shoes, brown bag, brown hair accessories with maybe the mint green thrown in as an accent bow or something. Try to find gold jewelry with that green colour as an accent, I know I've seen something similar at Accessorize and New Look recently, if you have either of those around you.
>>
>>8960944
Lovely. Simple but at the same time extremely elegant and i like how the color changes in the light. what are you planning on wearing with it?
>>
>>8960947
All the colors work together except for that bow on top. Brown, very dull. Id pick a different, if more minor color on the dress like i do with my bowties
>>
>>8966414

link for the boots please?
>>
>>8966440
Probably google "steam punk" boots. Looks like a work based on the GI Paratroop jumpers from the 1960s
>>
>>8966414
These are great tips and ideas. I was looking at some boots like those recently for this dress, im glad you think it would match!

I forgot entirely about little things like rings, so thank you :)

I never knew so many people didn't care for solid opaque tights, those have been my go to kind of tights for everything ever, but now is as is good as time as any for me to start amassing a better print/lace collection and I have quite a few to choose from now
>>
>>8958567
This is really cute but I think some of your colours are off. I wouldn't try to pair an ivory dress with an ivory blouse, if the colours are even slightly off its going to look really weird. I'd try to find a dusty pink blouse to match the accent in the print. I also think the print on the dress is brown, not black, so I'd switch the black of your shoes and purse to brown if thats the case. I think this would look stellar with an ivory bonnet with some delicate pink flowers tucked in. Not sure on legwear, probably something light coloured because you've got dark shoes. Maybe some lace tights or just knitted lacetopped OTKs?
>>8960302
This is too cute, I agree with the anon about replacing the neck ribbon with a red one.
>>
>>8966440
They're from taobao but they're sold out in every colour except for white. Pretty bummed out because I wanted them in black like you wouldn't believe.
>https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-13165239943.99.6Feprs&id=41100279411
>>
>>8966460
>I wouldn't try to pair an ivory dress with an ivory blouse, if the colours are even slightly off its going to look really weird.

They cant tell the color if you are power walking and screaming, anon.
>>
File: 87876_dark_brown_l.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
87876_dark_brown_l.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>8966469
Looks like a pair of Logans to me. Is it possible to have a shoer make you a pair of heels out of a pair? Standrd issue hob nail jumpers are like 30 bucks
>>
>>8966469

Thanks anon, I was hoping to buy them in black also! They are really gorgeous.
>>
File: TrumpShortBoots-Bordeaux.jpg (48KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
TrumpShortBoots-Bordeaux.jpg
48KB, 250x333px
>>8966483
>>8966440

I think they are replica of trump short boots from IW?
>>
>>8966497
Zippers. Good way to have a pair of boots become unwearable if you roll your ankle and pop the zipper teeth. Im assuming these are made from a softer shoe leather rather than a durable boot leather?
>>
File: 51186_original.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
51186_original.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
So I finally got this JSK but none of my blouses are the exact same white, tough some of them kind of match with the lace. Any suggestions on what colour shoes and bag I could wear with it besides white?
>>
>>8966527
or you could just not be a dumb fuck and not fall when you're walking
>>
>>8966569
.... well its white, anything goes with it.
>>
>>8966569
>>8966575
If its still cool where you are at, you cold wear a cardigan. could you post some of your blouses with it?
>>
>>8966575
>or you could just not be a dumb fuck and not fall when you're walking

Spoken like a true fleet foot.
>>
>>8966569
White gives you a lot of freedom in terms of color coordination, not just for the shoes and bag but for the entire coord. Obviously it's a very elegant JSK so some things might look odd with it but you have many options, don't feel like you have to coord it with white and leave it at that. Additionally, personally I find it easier to add a new color to a coord with a bolero instead of a blouse.
Anyway, the most "obvious" color is probably black but you can also go with blue (Moitie blue?), red, bordeaux or other dark/jewel tones, possibly even antique/muted pastels, just be sure to keep elegance in mind and avoid items with a "cute" design.
>>
>>8966596
Oh for the love of christ dont do black. Its like the fall back line for when you have no idea what to pair it with. Would rather her agree with blue (shade depending on weather) than blaaaaaack
>>
>>8966601
It's not the most innovative option there is but it's an option nonetheless.
>>
File: 227853-2314-2014-12-01115985.jpg (112KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
227853-2314-2014-12-01115985.jpg
112KB, 300x400px
I adore this dress beyond all belief but I'm struggling coming up with a coord as elegant as the dress itself. The color is more vibrant and very slightly more green tinted in person and the lace is more similar to the main color of the wall paper behind it. I have a high neck blouse that matches the lace but as far as accessories, I just clipped beige roses in my wig and on the dress itself. Headware is what I'm having the most issues with.
>>
>>8966569
I'm feeling light pink with floral accessories. Keep it light and airy.
>>
>>8966690
I think a floral headdress (wreath, headband or hair clip) of matching teal, lighter teal, and soft pops of complimentary pastel flowers (pink and lavender perhaps?). This would be a nice way to incorporate an additional color to the coord that you can pick up with other accessories.

If that's too pastel you could do the same but replace the pops of color with gold and cream or black and grey.

Because it's a solid dress you can really play with motifs, books, keys, birds, ect.

Not an advertisement but I make plenty of custom accessories and I've had customers send me matching fabric, ribbons, ect. Or even the garment itself so that I can make sure to get the color right if it's a tricky one. Perhaps you might have luck with that.
>>
>>8965777
>>8965863
>>8965868
>>8965869
mixed response. Do these look alright together, lolita aesthetic aside?
>>
File: image.png (266KB, 473x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266KB, 473x750px
Are peignoir's dead? I like the idea of them (especially for summer where I tend to get a chill easily), but I don't want to be labeled as "ita".
>>
>>8966855
Mary Magdalene actually included a fabric swatch because they are the best! I'd totally love to see your work and maybe get a quote. My email:
[email protected]
>>
>>8966864
No. It's not appropriate for lolita and ugly for anything else to be honest.

>>8967025
I feel like a peignoir over a dress actually befitting one (something summery and light?) and not just shoe horned in is probably fine. I think it helps if it's an actual lolita garment too instead of a thrift shop piece- which usually look more cult party to me. I recently saw a chiffon peignoir like outerwear on taobao that was definitely more befitting for lolita, it's probably on the front page when you search lolita if you want to see.
>>
>>8936569
What is up with the shoes the model on the right is wearing? Aren't sandals and open toe shoes frowned on?

Asking because I have a pair of round toed heels with an ankle strap that perfectly match some coords I've wanted to make, but I thought it might come off too ita. With tights though, at least on this girl, it doesn't look too bad.
>>
File: meh.jpg (100KB, 708x433px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
100KB, 708x433px
I'm so stuck. why did i get a dress with hot pink on it?
>>
>>8968484
I would recommend getting "dpik" bodyline shoes to go with this.
>>8966690
Depending on the look you are going for a boater hat could be cute.
>>
>>8967038
A fabric swatch is quite convenient.

I did really mean to make a general suggestion based on my experience and wasn't meaning to advertise. Thank you for the interest, I sent you an email with my details.
>>
>>8964707
>>8964836
What type of OTKs or tights would work? I tried using pain navy but it just made everything look too navy.
>>8966372
I already have some detachable silver bows for the shoes
>>
>>8960947
I think it all works except the socks seem really out of place, I'd go with ivory and maybe a small ivory head accessory to go with the brown
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.