[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OHIO COLOSSALCON 15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 28

File: asdfasdf.png (468KB, 1371x261px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.png
468KB, 1371x261px
Ohio's Colossalcon is about 2 months away, who's going? Who are you going as? This'll be my first Colossalcon, how have the last one's been?
>>
Glad there's a new thread. This will be my first Colossalcon too. Really looking forward to it, only heard good things about it.
>>
I WANT to go but rooms for this year sold out during the con last year. Everyone I know is doing Daishocon instead.
>>
My group got our room during con last year. Super excited to go! This is my favorite con and the best one I go to all year
>>
>>8936326
Looking forward to it, have been going since it started in a tiny hotel in Cleveland.
>>
So psyched, this is the con I look forward to all year. I'll be wearing lolita for most of the weekend, and pic related with my SO. Finally managed to snag a Kalahari room this year, so maybe I'll actually try to get some waterpark time in.
>>
>>8937470
And I dropped my pic like an idiot. Hopefully gonna go to the cgl meet again too!
>>
Maybe I'll find a room to squeeze into this year. But if not I'll try my best to go Saturday. Going to try to finish my final fantasy 3 costume before then. Might try to enter something in the masquerade too.
>>
this is my first big con spending a lot of time on my cosplay, super excited on how it's all turning out- would it be not cool to go as an American character? I want something casual on the first day so i was just going as Theodore from the movie Her on Thursday

>>8937475
If i see you i am definetely going to get a picture
>>
Also my first Colossalcon, defected from AnimeNEXT (AKA hookercon) what should i expect?
>>
avoid photographer ron "soulcrash".
>>
>>8937742
Any particular reason why anon? Just a creep or somethin?
>>
>>8937815
Avoid "wan wan photography" as well.
Waited over a half hour, she was a no show. She texted me over an hour late asking me where I was and that she tried to text me.. yet she never asked for my phone number and admitted she had me mixed up with someone else. Very unprofessional.
>>
>>8937864
Thanks for the heads up.
On that note does anyone have any photogs they recommend? I really want to get a photoshoot or two done.
>>
Sixth year. I plan to make it the best one.

I have 4 cosplays but nothing impressive.

>how have the last one's been?
Depends on what you like about cons. The game room is gradually getting better and better, nice atmosphere, and of course there's lots to do even if you're not at the con directly. I don't do dances and I'm not huge on panels or masq, so I can't say much about those. AA was nice last year, but the dealer's room has been up and down and last year was a "down" year.

>>8937475
>Leon and Mathilda cosplay
I love you.
>>
>>8936755
I can tell you bad things.....70% only goes to the con to get completely wasted doing stupid things to wreck cosplay. Also the hotel assigns you to one room only and will not move them around...meaning your room even has the possibility of not being ready for checkin time while you see others checking in since 11am.
>>
We use it as a party con. Got jewed into the extra day from last year's reservation, but still gonna have fun. If you don't stay at the Kalahari it isn't worth going in my opinion.
>>
>>8938173
That is basically what it is. If you do not like parties or not into waterparks much, it's not worth going. I take cosplay pretty seriously so I could not find it any fun.
>>
I wanted to go and have it be my first con but the date just had to be June 2-5. Same day as bunbury, and I have to go see the killers, pvris, and florence + the machines. I guess I'll keep being a normie for now.
>>
>>8937920
I had a photoshoot with Cerulean Photography. He did a very nice job and was super nice!
>>
>>8938173
My group is going wednesday too, I think a lot of people will because of the booking requirements. I'm actually really looking forward to being there wednesday and thursday since by friday and saturday the hot tubs are absolutely disgusting
>>
>>8937920
I did a photoshoot with LevelUp Photography recently. I think she said she was attending Colossalcon. She and her boyfriend are very nice! I might attend the con for a day but I'm too late for a hotel.
>>
>>8937920

Miss.Heartlessgirl. I shot with her at Youmacon and she was very nice and professional and her rates were reasonable.
>>
Very excited! We got a huge suite again this year, and I am ready to party.
>>
Might go this if my brother's wedding rehearsal isn't the weekend of the con.

Do my usual of partying, bodying noobs in fighting games in the game room and guest panels.
>>
Colossalcon is my favorite con. I'm going to be selling shit in the craft fair and I'm hoping my two panels get accepted.
>>
>>8937561
If you are of age i suggest drinking early and drinking often. Colossal is a legitimate party con. I know that sounds like an oxymoron but because of the resort it works. Keep your big coaplaysq at home. Opt for fun beach cosplays. They are a little light on programming but there are lots,of fun people there
>>
As a con i think Colossal is pretty weak. I find it a little annoying how hyped up it is. I'm going to Anime North to get my cosplay fix. Going to arrive a little late to colossal but i think my expectations are at a place that will allow me to have a good time.
>>
>>8937920
Joe sateriale took some amazing photos of my friends last year. Going to book him for sure.
>>
>>8938169
>>8938210
>>8938604
Well shoot, I'm not one for drinking/partying nor am I staying at the Kalahari (staying at the Great Wolf Lodge down the road)
Am I doomed anons?
Admittedly I am going to hang with some friends at the very least and do some photoshoots, (Thank you all for the photog suggestions) also looking forward to a few of the guests + gameroom.
>>
>>8937513
>>8938044
Thanks guys!! It's my favorite movie, and I was so stoked when I showed my boyfriend and he was the one who suggested we do it. I'm excited to meet people who recognize us!

>>8938604
This, this, this. The game rooms are solid, but this con is truly not programming or cosplay focused. It's very light-hearted.

The best cosplays to bring are fun and comfortable ones, specifically nothing too bulky, because of both the weather and kinda tight hall space. If you're looking for photo ops, it's prime for beach-episode cosplays, or the tall grass area and the waterfalls are nice for nature shots.

I don't take cosplay too seriously, so getting drunk and sitting by the pool in a wig with a bunch of other nerds is a dream.
>>
>>8938647
Nah, you'll still have a great time anon. A lot of people stay at the Great Wolf, and the waterpark there or the one at the Kalahari are fun whether you're drinking or not. The dealer's room is okay, and yeah, programming is a little weak but there are some cool guests, and still plenty of cosplay. It's a good con for relaxing, hanging out with friends and meeting people.
>>
>>8938705
That sounds good to me. I'm honestly not one for hitting up a ton on panels either. I'm cool with this being a really laid back con though, that's nice.
>>
>>8938655
Not so much with the tall grass any more because they keep cutting it down since the nerd trample it.
>>
>>8938915
Is there any tall grass left, or more overgrown/scenic spots? My group is bringing some Zelda cosplays, and I'm scratching my head on where to shoot.
>>
What do you guys think will be the big over cosplayed things this year? I'm saying Undertale, Owari no Seraph, and Miraculous Ladybug
>>
>>8938961
Those and probably tons of SU.
>>
>>8938954
You're best bet is behind the Kalahari they have wood line. There is also a pretty scenic field near the villas. If you don't want people, cars, or trash in your photos those are you best bets.
>>
>>8938954
Over by the villas if you walk into the woods behind the parking lot area a little bit there's a small pond hidden in there. Careful getting back there in cosplay, though.
>>
>>8938961
Agreeing. I'm going to be Owari no Seraph garbage though.
>>
>>8937815
he is well known among the midwest community. he has a really bad rep. just google soulcrash
>>
>>8939361
Hmm, all I can find on him is something about him "breaking into a room while girls were changing" is this even true? Can anyone care to elaborate? I'm mainly an east coast cosplayer so I haven't heard any of the drama.
>>
>>8939361
>>8939412
Just watch the video, Ron did nothing wrong.
>>
>>8939424
Just watched that video. Seems that way.
>>
I live in Sandusky but this will be my first year going.
If I go as anyone at all, it'll be Gaen Izuko.
>>
Been going to this con since the early 00's and I'm not a huge partier, nor do I get wasted, but I always have a great time. I do drink, but I don't need it to enjoy myself here. I personally get my drinking in at the hot tub bar and usually get a chalice of something on Saturday night and hang out. Nor have I ever had any negative experiences with drunk con goers. They tend to hang out in room parties rather than on the con floor. People do walk around with drinks all day though.

So if you're worried about it, don't. I normally attend panels, host panels, do artist alley, I've done cosplay before, I'll go in the game and dealer's room, and I'll check out the dances for a bit. I'm all over. It may not have the best of the best programming-wise, but that's because people are too concerned with partying and chilling rather than running events, so you get what it submitted. If you want good programming, offer up some time to submit a panel or two, give the kind of programming you want to see. That's why I do panels.

It's more enjoyable than the other cons in the state. Plus you can make a vacation out of it and it's a nice little get-away rather than just going to a convention.
>>
>>8939266
That would be perfect, anon! We're Windwaker, so any kind of water is ideal. This might be a stupid question, but do you have any photos of what it looks like? (google isn't helping me) If I'm going to be guiding my group back there, I want to have a carrot to dangle for them.
>>
Is the con worth it for out of town vending? I'm not going, but it's one of those cons I really want to go to, but I'm worried more people do resort stuff than actual con stuff. Has anyone done AA there? thoughts?
>>
>>8940191
I don't have any photos of it, but you can at least see the size and location if you look up the Kalahari on Google maps. Its in the bottom right corner. There's the manmade pond on the left side of the parking lot (which might also be nice but isn't as "wild") and to the right directly above the little Villa neighborhood is the one I'm referring to.

But like I said, be careful getting back there. Since it is overgrown you want to be cautious not to get your cosplays caught on branches or trip over anything.
>>
How was the /cgl/ meet last year?
Also I'm so hyped for this year I plan of cosplaying but a lot of them are just halfassed bikini cosplays desu
>>
>>8939506
>directly
I disagree totally. There were drunks all over walking near the convenation center area on fucking Thursday completely plastered and spitting/spilling drinks on my friend's cosplays. I hate alcohol due to bad family experiences with it...so I refuse to go back until they start making the alcohol rules more strict.
>>
I love how these threads always have a few people complaining that they'll never go back to Colossalcon until they get rid of all those STOOPID PARTYERS cons are about PROGRAMMING not DRINKING OMG! As though we aren't glad to see them go. More hotel space for us. :3
>>
>>8941738
If you see anyone shitfaced enough they're affecting other people (like, touching people, spilling, unable to walk), you need to report it. The rules on alcohol/drinking might be pretty lax compared to other cons, but they have asked people this drunk to go back to their rooms and the cops have been called on some people who were way over the line.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the con and have bad family history, but the con and hotel security both do try to keep the indecency at bay.

I had a drink spilled on my cosplay once, luckily it didn't do any severe damage, but this was from a friend carrying around a full goblet not some rando drunkard.
>>
>>8941750
It's funny cuz they warn people ahead of time that it's a party/alcohol friendly con at a convention center and resort that openly sells alcohol. The booze is how both the resort and the convention get the money because it's a major selling point.

People are just fucking stupid, that's all.
>>
>>8940942
I always do really well here in artist alley. It's probably the best con I usually do artist alley at, but I normally hit smaller conventions.
>>
What's the likelihood a room at the Kalahari will open up? I'm calling weekly but I have no clue what my chances are like
>>
>>8942234
I'd say slim to absolute none anon.
People book up rooms the day after the con for the next.
>>
>>8942234
>>8942259
Actually, with cons that book super fast its common for people to reserve rooms ahead of time just so they have a guaranteed room even if their ability to attend isn't guaranteed, so the closer you get to the con, the more likely rooms are to open up.

Keep calling and you might get lucky.
>>
Is anyone going to be cosplaying Wedding Peach? I was surprised to see the manga author as a guest for this year
>>
>>8942234
Decent as long as you are EXTREMELY vigilant about checking the site multiple times a day. My friends got not one but three rooms two years ago by doing this.
>>
>>8937742
Lauren Faits go fuck yourself and your crying wolf ass.

>>8937815
No some sjw twat accused him of taking nude pictures of her by bashing down a door and then the truth came out, she back pedaled. That's likely one of her femnazi friends or herself still trying to play damage control after getting found out.
>>
File: colossalcon cosplay list.jpg (454KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
colossalcon cosplay list.jpg
454KB, 2000x2000px
My cosplay list for this year. I've been working on everyone but I haven't started Meliodas yet.
>>
>>8944814
Glad to see Seven Deadly Sins cosplay. I haven't seen it much
>>
How are people surprised rooms are gone already?! Where have you been the last 3 years?!
>>
Anyone doing the craft fair this year?
>>
>>8943268
backpedaled? what's ron still banned from cons?

Don't worry. soulcrash won't show his face at colossalcon this year. He stirred a whole lot of shit up last year
>>
>>8944814
I love Aladdin and Owari no Seraph. I plan to work on him one day. I already cosplay Mika, but not coming to Colossalcon this year.
>>
>>8948258
I'll be making some little things. Resin accessories, candles, a few little plushes.
>>
>>8943232
Were they refreshing the kalahari website? I've been calling but that seems more efficient.

>>8947312
I'm not surprised, I'm just expecting a good number of people to drop in the weeks leading up to the con because they literally booked it during last Colossal.
>>
Just went on the site and apparently there will be Knocker Ball, a robotics competition, and wrestling at the con this year. Thoughts?
>>
>>8938503
craft fair?
>>
>>8951248
It's like artist alley but only for one night. Anyone can sell what they make as long as it's a hand made item.
>>
To all those "serious" cosplayers, you do realize they give out a thousand dollar cash prize to best craftsmanship right?
>>
>>8952226
If they actually did that, why wouldn't they say that on their website?
>>
>>8952247
Their official FB group says so.
>>
>>8952247
http://colossalcon.com/events/cosplay/cosplay-pre-registration/

>Grand Prize: $2000 - $1000 for Best Overall Performance and $1000 for Best Overall Craftsmanship. You and/or your group may compete for both prizes.
>>
All the Weebs at con are going to freak the fuck out because Vic Lasagna is coming back.
>>
File: IMG_heh6bu.jpg (51KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_heh6bu.jpg
51KB, 960x540px
I hope they have Ultimax in the ge to this year so I can sandbag and money match Persona scurbs.

I wanna sign up for the Anime orchestra thing again because it was fun as fuck last year but I also like having free time and not getting up early for practice each morning.
>>
>>8938287
lel
>>
>>8950715
Knocker Ball sounds fun, but I expect lots of pain and/or broken ankles
MCW is absolutely amazing and is worth watching during down time
The Robotics Competition is a bit of a curve ball I did not see happening.

It's like the con decided to go all out this year what with the new guests and musical talent they offered, which makes sense since is their 15th year if memory serves.

Now to find a got dang red scarf for my minimalist Papyrus cosplay. TO SALVATION ARMY.
>>
I made the mistake of going on the colossalcon tag on Instagram. For some reason I always forget the number of dumb bikin crossover cosplays this con produces. Winners goes to sexy judd from spatoon and sexy dragonborn.
>>
>>8959783
Why don't people just go with a character that would already be fitting for pool/water ect. I mean this con is the perfect one do that for rather than taking a character that doesn't relate at all.
>>
>>8960133
Don't stifle their creativity anon
>>
>>8960253
>>
sup yall

looking to bag and tag some bull moose at this event, looking for the chunky chips a hoy bitches

Can I hunt em down?
>>
>>8960421
Yes. Moose, elephant, hippos to heifers this con is for you. Plenty of those corpulent honey's for an army of flab chasers. Swimsuits are easy when you can cover them with a fupa and thanks to the joyous saying that "anyone can cosplay regardless of what they look like" you'll have enough lardie ladies to swim in. You like your Ryoku with rolls? Con provides. Cinderella with cellulite? Con provides. Shiro with stretch marks? Con provides! So my big game hunter, make your way to Kalahari this year and enjoy your safari!
>>
File: hqdefault-3.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-3.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>8960421
>>8961444
>>
>>8960421
>>8961444
I just laughed for a straight 5 minutes
>>
I think I'm doing Bell from Danmachi, Phantom from Dirty Bomb and Chrom from Fire Emblem... But I've been going to Colossal for some time so I'm not worried about cosplaying as much, too fucking humid / cluster fuck.
>>
I feel conflicted. I have 4 friends who are going and this would be my second time attending. 2 of my friends are pretty impressive with their cosplays, one does comtests, the other never does things relevant to the time or place (older or lesser known ).
The thing is I was invited by the second friend to attend and have a great time but I know I'll bump into or see the other friend and I've got such a crush on her and she knows it. I don't believe my feelings are reciprocated and I don't want her to think I'm stalking her by showing up. It all sounds pretty dumb when I type it out. She might not think anything of it which sucks but that'd only be one percent of the whole experience I suppose.
>>
Bump.

How's everyone's cosplays coming along? Only got a month and a half now.
>>
>>8966768
I'm procrastinating like hell, even though I don't have a ton of stuff left to do.
Also doesn't help that all my friends who were going to go to this con can't make it anymore so my motivation is lacking.
>>
I haven't finished a single cosplay yet but I'm close to finishing a few
>>
>>8937478
What character from 3? I've cosplayed Arc and finding other FF3 cosplayers is rare.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 640x855px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 640x855px
I'm already cringing
>>
The main thing that bothers me about the whole partycon is not that drunk people annoy me or anything, but I'm incredibly emetophobic and had one guy even get sick in front of me on Sunday, and I ended up having a heavy panic attack and it really fucked me up. I hate being lumped into the "butthurt baby" group or whatever you wanna call it, but it really feels horrible to enjoy the con SO much but be in a constant anxious state from that.
>>
How bad do you think the programming is gonna be this year?
>>
>>8941750

I take cosplay pretty seriously and honest to god fuck these people.

CC is fucking grear because it's a place to fucking party with other nerds and not be looked at like a autistic freak.

Sometimes I just want to fucking drink dressed up as salior moon. I want to get hit on by one punch man and not some over tan guido or have a group of black guys holla at me from across the room.

I want to just fucking mingle with other autistic shipping dorks and get drunk at the same time.

CC is about the only time I don't have to give a shit about making a crazy fucking cosplay and looking my best. I miss the days when I was first starting out cosplay that was more about having fun and talking to people than having a 4 day long fashion show where everyone freaks out if one little thing is not on point. If you honestly have your head up your own ass that far that you won't go to a con because you saw a Goku drink a cold one then honestly, please just fucking stop life altogether
>>
>>8967423
Here's a simple test to determine whether you're a "Colossalcon Butthurt Baby":

>Do you think that 10,000 other people should change their behavior/stop having fun/drink on some other weekend so that you personally can have a better time, regardless of your reasoning as to why? Then you're a butthurt baby.

>Do you recognize your discomfort as a personal issue, and try to make the best of the con anyway? Then you're a reasonable, mature person.

In all seriousness though, that sucks and it sounds like you got massively unlucky... weirdly, I've actually encountered way more sick-drunk people at "normal" cons than Colossalcon. Who the hell drinks that much on a Sunday morning?
>>
>>8967824

>Do you think that 10,000 other people should change their behavior/stop having fun/drink on some other weekend so that you personally can have a better time, regardless of your reasoning as to why?

Yes.
>Do you recognize your discomfort as a personal issue, and try to make the best of the con anyway?
No.

Joking aside, I really wish both sides of the alcohol and partying at cons thing handle whatever differences they have in a mature matter.

I like drinking and partying at cons but I know others may not enjoy that shot so I respect that by cutting myself off when I have too much to drink or smoke, not being loud in a quiet area, etc.

On the flip side, these straight edge niggas need to understand that the con culture has change and folks do drink and party and not everyone who drinks is an asshole starting shit. Sure there are those select few who cant handle themselves drunk or on drugs and they do need to be called out because not only are the ruining it for those who don't drink or smoke, they're running it for those who are mature about their party style.

TL: DR - People are stupid.
>>
>>8968024
>cutting myself off when I have too much to drink or smoke, not being loud in a quiet area, etc.

That's basic decency. And definitely not the majority of con-goers if the last few years have been any indication. I hate that shit too, and I go to con solely to party hard.
>>
>>8967824

Like, i feel all this, but maybe i'm crazy but colossal seems to have disproportionately high number of normalfags who dont know the most basic elements of con etiquette?? Idk i've noticed it.
>>
>>8971248
Colossalcon has historically had vacationing normies who are walking around the pool/waterpark areas where congoers also are. I am curious about this year though, since Colossalcon blocked off the entire hotel.
>>
>>8971345
Honestly theres still a chance you'll see families who decided to go to the waterpark for the day.
>>
>>8971345
>>8971921

I wasnt talking about normalfag families. I mean like nerds who dont cosplay and only go con to buy things and oogle womens and in this case get competely plastered.
>>
>>8952226
Great, I am going to win this.

For anyone who has gone before, what things are you allowed to wear in the water park?
>>
>>8972058
>Only the grand prize is mentioned
>Runners up are probably still only given a plaque

I kind of want to watch the salty tears from the handful of cosplayers who entered for the sole purpose of winning that money.
>>
>>8972058
>What things are you allowed to wear in the waterpark?

Swimwear??
>>
>"The pass is $70 (The extra fee on this badge goes towards cosplay prizes) and is only available in advance"

I know $20 isnt much, but for a photog who NEVER attends the Masq or contests, that kinda sucks. $20 is lunch at the kalahari.
>>
>>8972058
Pretty much anything other than bodypaint, from my experience, but it also depends who is checking wristbands. A couple years ago there were problems with new lifeguards who were getting salty about anything and everything, but the employees who have been there before generally are aware of the con and are chill so long as you aren't going to harm any of the waterpark equipment with your cosplay.
>>
How's the bikini scene? I know /cgl/ will bitch but are there lots of people with wigs and swim suits to match the character?
>>
>>8972952

Fuckin' socialist anime cons redistributing wealth.
>>
>>8972919
>Runners up are probably still only given a plaque

That's freaking lame. I want a big ass trophy, not some bullshit rectangle of wood.
>>
>>8973056
This is pretty much ~the~ swimsuit con so yeah. You see some people go all out with their swimsuits (like that water Pokemon crew) and some people just do wig and whatever else + a canon swimsuit or something that at least matches the character. I've also seen Bill la Bill, Korra, and Meguca swimsuit groups.

I'm bringing a swimsuit Fujiko Mine.
>>
>>8938961
I'm expecting tons of Osomatsu-san
>>
I don't have the money this year. Would have liked to attend, but have too many other expenses at the moment. I'll just wait until Youmacon instead.
>>
Pre-reg times for the cosplay contest are going out now. Don't miss your email for a chance at that sweet sweet condollar cash prize.
>>
>>8973623
Come on, guys, proper cgl etiquette is to at least pretend like staff doesn't post in these threads.
>>
>>8973623
>condollar cash

As in.... con-only money?
>>
>>8973647
Well if you really wanted it to be con-only, you can buy yourself 50 chalice refills with the winnings.
>>
>>8973117
You lost. enjoy your rectangle of wood.
>>
>>8973683
>>8973647
>>8973117

Winner should buy drinks for the runners up.
>>
>>8973707
Sure, I'll do that

>>8973623
Shit, am I too late? Have they already filled all slots?
>>
>>8973623
Sorry, I just noticed I used the wrong wordage. Emails for Pre-judging Times are going out now to those who have already registered for the masquerade or cosplay contest.
>>
>>8973683
Nobody wants con-only money. I'm just pointing out that a staffer wording something as "condollars" sounds like you're winning a voucher worth $1000 that's usable in the dealer's room or for badges or something. Not actual USA currency.
>>
File: CUR4DvsUEAA8XqH.jpg (52KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
CUR4DvsUEAA8XqH.jpg
52KB, 600x461px
>>8973813
>>
>>8951261
shit, nigga, I'll go to your panels. What are they?
>>
>>8973839
Not that Anon, but the craft fair isn't an attendee-run panel, it's an event run by the con that's been recurring for the past couple years.

The times I'm listing aren't guaranteed, I'm just going by previous years, but usually it happens on Thursday and lasts all day. It's mostly for people who don't have enough stuff for an AA table, whose quality isn't up to par, or who want to gauge whether or not their stuff garners enough attention/profit to try for an AA table at some point.

Likewise, there's the flea market on Sunday (this one has always been on Sunday so I doubt that will change), which is similar, but -not- for handmade items. People sell old manga, figs, dvds, games, etc.
>>
File: ponponno1curr.png (624KB, 585x741px) Image search: [Google]
ponponno1curr.png
624KB, 585x741px
>>8973146
Good for you?
>>
>>8975207
Don't be that guy.
>>
So here's a question for some of the veterans of this con. What ever happened to Jae? Why did he leave? Where is he now?
>>
>>8975969
He had to leave for personal reasons.
>>
File: grc75logo.jpg (1MB, 2180x2973px) Image search: [Google]
grc75logo.jpg
1MB, 2180x2973px
So I've got some interesting information for anyone local to the area, or maybe anyone staying for an extended period after the con. A lot of people do not realize that the NASA Glenn Research Center (Lewis Field, the main campus, is literally adjacent to Hopkins International Airport in Brook Park) has a remote campus in Sandusky called Plum Brook Station. It's literally across 250 and down the road a ways (granted, it's a huge campus... like 6,400 acres).

The weekend directly after this con (so June 11-12) will an open house providing tours to some of the facilities there. Kalahari is going to be involved in some degree. I know for a fact it will be where buses will take people in to the campus to tour some of the facilities. Information is still a little sparse but it will eventually all but up on one of the articles at http://www.nasa.gov/glenn75

I work at GRC so I'm hoping I can grab some swag to hand out to people who aren't annoying, but we'll see what happens. In case you're from the Cleveland area, I guess I'll also plug the Lewis Field dates (May 21-22) in case you are interested in that as well. I'll be volunteering on Saturday for that one.

Really looking forward to the con itself though, going to be there all weekend, arriving some time Thursday night. Luckily I was able to grab a room last year before they sold out in less than 24 hours. From what I hear it's going to be the same this year, so get ready to stand in line Sunday morning.
>>
>>8975986
>Stand in line sunday morning
All room types except maybe the villas were available come Monday, so no need to create a panic over this. Most people didn't want to book Sunday anyway, because of the 4-day minimum.
>>
>>8948258
How do you sign up for it?
>>
>>8976680
The Craft Fair and Flea Market are both first come first serve. You go to the Info desk after picking up your badge and they'll set you up.

"Set up for the fair will work a little differently this year. We hope it makes loading-in/setting up easier. After you’ve picked up your admission badge, you may head over the the info booth.

They will begin the process at 3pm on Thursday. If you wish to line up in advance, the line will begin to the right of the info desk and run along the wall. You will give them your information. They will then give you a map of where you can bring in your product.

Per Kalahari rules, you cannot bring product in through any of the glass entry doors. You must bring in product through the designated loading dock. When you bring in your product, your spot should be labeled for you.

To avoid people gaming the system, we aren’t allowing anyone to pick their spot. We will start assigning tables closest to the entrance, and then work our way back, so the earlier you check-in, the better spot you should have. Based on last year, we’re expecting a very full house this time, so you will initially be limited to half a table (3′ wide by 2.5′ deep). If by 6pm, there is no one at the other half of your table, you may then take over the full table or move to and empty one."

http://colossalcon.com/events/otaku-art-craft-fair/

And for anyone who is interested in the flea market
http://colossalcon.com/events/otaku-flea-market/

Works almost the same way, except you don't need to go to the info desk beforehand.
>>
>>8977115
Does anyone know if selling at the craft fair is more successful than the flea market, or are they on par? I have some old cosplays I was thinking of selling, but I'd only go to one or the other.
>>
>>8976114
This. We were able to book Monday afteenoon, despite all the pissing and moaning everyone was doing about it. No need to encourage that.
>>
>>8978448
Seriously. Everyone was freaking out and standing in the slow as hell 2 hour line because they were concerned that the rooms would be all gone if they waited until after the con. That wasn't the case at all, but false panic like this is a self-fulfilling prophesy. I hate when cons run big room block opening announcements, because they inevitably lead to this kind of 24-hour panic.

>At a different but much larger, more popular con: hotel used to open blocks 1 year in advance
>Never a big issue to book, as long as you called within a few weeks
>One year, they decide to announce that blocks are "going live" on x date at y time
>Block sells out within 30 minutes
>In future years, block sells out within 5 minutes
>>
File: 1461341546307.png (262KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461341546307.png
262KB, 421x500px
>never been out of state solo
>rooming with giant room of strangers
>tfw having to share a bathroom with 8 people
I think I'll be spending most of my time not in the room because I don't want to deal with that.

How's the dealer's room? Any notable artists who sell prints? I need more Tales of posters.
>>
>>8978401
I've sold cosplays in the flea market. I think that's fine. Unless you're selling lots of cosplays and cosplay parts you made yourself specifically to sell. Personally both are pretty busy, but I think the flea market draws in a more general crowd. The craft fair gets people who are into artist alley. There are people who never visit it. But the flea market generally has stuff for everyone, since it's one of the rare opportunities to find merchandise from old anime series dealers just don't carry anymore.
>>
I wouldn't call the room situation a false panic, it's just the reality of how large this con has become. The demand is high and the locale has limited space relative to the total visitor count. Even though the visitor count isn't in the top 10 for national turnout, it is large for the venue.

I don't know about any of you, but I did not expect rooms to be sold out by late afternoon the Monday after the con. Kalahari also probably didn't expect the rush for registration either, as there were longer wait times (I think I was waiting for 20-30 minutes). The fallout on Facebook guarantees that people are going to panic this year, even with the Colossalcon East event being held in September of 2017. You could say it is a bad thing, but again it's just the reality that comes with a popular convention.

There are overflow hotels, but I recall hearing complaints about the shuttle system for a few years now. This also contributes to the wild west parking situation. If that could be solved then I think it would alleviate things considerably.
>>
>>8938287
Really? Mister hallways shots?
>>
>>8938296
Y-you know you can cancle wednesday and keep your room right? Thr booking requirements didn force,ypu to pick up money but ypu dont have to keep it. That's what my group did. No need to pay for a day you wont use.
>>
>>8954890
>>8978554

I don't really understand. I had a nice shoot with him, but is there some drama or something? I would appreciate any info so I know if I should not shoot with him again.
>>
>>8978503
>dealers room
>artist alley

I have bad news friend, but dont lose hope. The flea market makes up for it.
>>
>>8938961
take the amount of Deadpools you saw at your last pre-movie con and quadruple it. It was already increasingly bad at Ohayocon a month before the movie.
>>
Are they doing that cosfamous meet and greet again? How was that last year? It looked so stupid.
>>
>>8978562
That's alright actually. Less money for me to waste and more to spend on extra expensive martinis.
>>
>>8978613
>Expensive martinis at the kalahari
>Expecting quality dealers and AA

You didn't do any research at all, did you
>>
>>8978526
>wild west parking situation

Do you mean that there is not enough parking?
>>
>>8978636

Parking has been bad for a long time, it's just getting worse each year. People end up getting creative with "spots." Kalahari has a decent sized lot, but it's still just not big enough. What makes it worse is that since the shuttle system has been a little lackluster (from what I understand it was one shuttle that went from one overflow hotel to the next before hitting Kalahari), people will drive from their outlying hotels and taking up even more parking spaces.
>>
File: kalahari.png (3MB, 1493x878px) Image search: [Google]
kalahari.png
3MB, 1493x878px
>>8978503
AA is alright, but not as great as larger cons like Otakon or ANorth. Dealer's Room, in all honesty, had some nice variety a few years ago but as of late it's mostly just been the same old generic overpriced stuff. Like the other Anon said, the flea market tends to make up for the lacking Dealer's Room.

Colossal is good for the game room and resort. You get free waterpark admission with your room (unless your group is overstuffing) and there's both the indoor park with rides, outdoor part with pools, or the indoor/outdoor hot tub bar which has been unfortunately packed these past couple years at most hours.

The hotel also has a huge arcade, and the petting zoo. The con's game room has a lot of variety if you're into that.

The great thing about Colossal is that, because of the location, you don't really have to be holed up in your room when you're not doing con stuff.

(Also hi, I'm the Michiko cosplayer from the rare cosplays thread)

>>8978573
Nope. I didn't go last year, but I hear it bombed as was expected.

>>8978652
Even arriving on Thursday afternoon, both the front and back lots were packed. Considering the resort is in the middle of nowhere there's not many businesses to park at and walk from, either.

>>8978526
>The fallout on Facebook guarantees that people are going to panic this year,
The con has been growing by several thousand of people per year since 2012 which was the first year rooms sold out by winter. People know how hard it is to get rooms now, so it won't be surprising if they sell out on Sunday this year. I know the land across the road was for sale a couple years ago. I don't know who owns it now but it would be nice to at least see some more parking over there.
>>
>>8978526
Rooms do sell out fast, but claiming that everything sold out on Sunday in 2015 is bullshit and untrue. It makes people panic more than necessary.

Not gonna lie, I have to wonder how successful Colossalcon East is really going to be considering they chose a really poor weekend for a first year con. The week a lot of college kids go back to school, AND four days after Dragon~con weekend? Ouch. The new con is right near me but I'm still treking out to Sandusky in June.
>>
>>8978732

I never meant to imply it sold out Sunday, it sold out mid to late Monday afternoon. That said, it was still a little less than 24 hours after the con officially ended. It's just what you see with larger cons, so nothing is going to change it. People were lined up on Sunday and I think that is what caused a lot of people to rush the phones on Monday, admittedly myself included.

Agreed entirely on CC East. I hope it succeeds, but I do not think it will offset the current con's attendance by much, if at all.
>>
>>8978732
>>8978780
There's also Daishocon at the WI Kalahari, but that's run by a different group and takes place in autumn. I know some people have started to go to that one as an alternative if they can't do Colossal, though.
>>
>>8978631
Resort prices are always high. Or bars in general. I could pay $7 for a 4 pack of my favorite drink or for 1 glass.
>>
>>8978455

Oh, dragoncon.
>>
File: Zero finds porn of herself.gif (675KB, 245x172px) Image search: [Google]
Zero finds porn of herself.gif
675KB, 245x172px
>>8978710
>Michiko cosplayer
>mfw doing her skimpiest outfit
>>
Question, Is it worth it to pre-reg or just get badges at the door if you're going to get them Thursday. In other words, is one line typically longer then?
>>
>>8979243
If you pre-reg, you save some money on the weekend pass, and, if memory serves, last year it took me 5 minutes to go from entering Kalahari to entering the con floor. And this was on a Friday morning, which is typically the busier time. I've never been there on a Thursday, so I don't know the general crowd-size at the registration booth.
>>
>>8978842
>"$7 for a hotel drink is expensive"

:3
>>
I probably can't go this year and it's really killing me. Wasn't able to get a room, and the guy I might have been able to stay with is massively overcharging me to sleep on his floor. Lost my cosplay in a house fire. This sucks.
>>
Fucking fuck. You guys remember those obnoxious idiots who caused the panelgate at Ohayocon a few years ago because they were doing 18 panels together but put their names separately to get them approved? Well they changed their names and are now featured guests at Colossalcon. Punny Panels, just shoot me now. And the quality of panels just continues to go downhill.
>>
>>8980895
>Go to look at guest list
>Most of the cosplayer panelists are terrible
>Most of the cosplayer official guests are "erotic nude websites" with cosplay

....What the fuck, Colossalcon. You have a high caliber of cosplayers attending your convention, so why is your list of guests and panelists so shitty? I know you guys lurk here, so I am genuinely curious as to what your GR department is thinking.
>>
A lot of my friends that have been doing successful panels for years were rejected or waitlisted, but I've seen other people who got accepted with panels that are brand new, not related to anime, and aren't even fully put together yet. Wtf colossalcon?
>>
>>8981232
What panels did your friends submit? Were they Q&A/in-character or something else? I
>>
>>8981235
One was about being in love with fictional characters, then the others are about other stuff like one piece, dubs youve never heard of, fullmetal alchemist, and at least one cosplay panel.
>>
36 days to con and none of my costumes are ready
>>
>>8981210
Oh. I asked about that once. An actually staff member told me "Hey man, why are you trying to stop these girls from having a good time." I'll admit that response caught me off guard for a moment.
>>
>>8978710
>unless your group is overstuffing

It's called sharing. Yeah not everyone can go at once but there is no reason not to put your bands on the last loop and sldie it off when you aren't using it.
>>
>>8978652
And yet there is always valet parking Becuase people are cheap
>>
>>8981319
In my experience, this kind of garbage reply is almost always given by either neckbeards or male nerds who want to see titties. Using the 'you're not progressive/feminist enough' argument to shut down anyone who disagrees is like pushing the easy button.

>Staff for a local con
>Other staffer signs on an anime-themed "burlesque" group
>Burlesque group is terrible, and their youtube channel is full of what amounts to a strip show and baiting, aka girls licking bats, girls pretending to eat each other out, etc.
>Some female staffers are uncomfortable with this and they point out that this is not the thing our con should be condoning
>Forums turn into an argument between female staffers and a handful of all-men staffers. Male staffers' argument is that they're comfortable with their bodies, so we shouldn't oppress these women by not letting them perform. You bodyshamers.
>>
Fang Fox lurks this place so likely he sees what you all post about the con.
>>
>>8981600
I thought i heard somewhere that Donnell has some personal connection with them but i cant say what.

I can say it makes me a little uncomfortable that Pixiel Vixens sell prints openly at an all ages con in the middle of a hallway. That aint quite right
>>
>>8981808
Maybe but there's more than one cosplay porn website guest according to the listing:

>"PIxel-Vixens is happy to return for their third year at colossalcon to bring you fun and interactive adults only content!"

>"MyGeekGoddess.com is a website featuring artistic nude photo sets of geeky girls"

The group with the Mystery Van is the only other cosplay guest listed... 2 out of 3 is a really sketchy ratio.
>>
Personally I don't give a fuck about PV or Geek Goddess being there so long as I don't have to deal with them, but holy shit the cringe

>MyGeekGoddess.com is a website featuring artistic nude photo sets of geeky girls. More than just pretty faces they are smart and sexy females, versed in all manner of geeky interests; Geek Goddesses.

It's 2016. It's time to move past this "I'm pretty and a REAL nerd" bullshit superiority complex.
>>
>>8981242
Well maybe we are dodging a bullet because it sounds like your buddy's panels suck ass.
>>
>>8981866
Idk. They fill their panels and they always get very positive feedback. Must be doing something right.
>>
>>8981242
The cosplay panel could have been denied because iirc there's usually a returning group that does a cosplay panel. One Piece and FMA are popular series and probably got a bunch of people submitting similar panels.

Keep in mind it's a pretty large con for the venue so there's probably hundreds of panel submissions to go through.
>>
>>8981210
Pretty sure a good amount of the staff hate "cosplay guests". I don't really blame them because most of them are just girls who show off their tits.
>>
>>8981861
hear, hear. sick of this shit.
I am preregistered but because of the hotel drama I would be stuck in a room with a dozen sweaty weebs. Not going this year. I can get drunk and look awesome anywhere and go to a waterpark another time.
>>
>>8981984
>Hate fake "cosplay girls" who only cosplay to show off their tits
>Exclusively invite cosplayers who make money showing off their tits to thirsty men

Such logic. Such sense.

If Colossalcon staff hates that brand of cosplay guest, they should invite legit cosplayers who would be willing to host workshops instead of selling their boobie prints.
>>
>>8981999
Ngl, considering Vic is a returning fixture and I know a good deal of the community doesn't like him, guests like these seem more like a pull for attendance than anything else.

Like, I'd love some more serious cosplay guests too, but you have to consider Colossal is largely a party con and not to be taken too seriously.
>>
>>8982024
lol, "a pull for attendance" sounds like a fucking joke for a con that is untenably large. the more people come, the more drunk morons will be around, and we all know there is no room in the hotel for them.
>>
File: 1452010198938.png (54KB, 251x257px) Image search: [Google]
1452010198938.png
54KB, 251x257px
>>8981984
>>8981988
What's wrong with softcore porn though? The girls have a market, and it sells.
>>
>>8982052
Bless you anon. I've been saying that shit for years.
>>
>>8981826
>maybe there is more then one cosplay porn website guest according to the listing

Oh. Joy.
>>
>>8981960
Colossalcon is about the laziest con i can think of when it comes to panels. Youre right. They probabaly do recieve hundreds of submissions but they pick the same panel groups, that run 6 panels plus, every year to fluff up their schedule and to turn it out quickly. Like jesus christ at least look at some new blood. Im not even going to take about the lack luster set ups in the rooms. We bearly had working mics last year.
>>
>>8982379
Nothing is wrong with it until your only convention cosplay guests are "nude cosplayers" with adult-only content. Porn cosplayers are the bottom of the barrel in the community partly because they ignore craftsmanship/characterization, but mostly because they cause the stereotype that all cosplayers are stupid sluts who just want cash. When a con like colossalcon only invites guests like this, it's aggravating because their appeal is mostly for dude nerds, not for most other cosplayers.
>>
>>8982614
>they cause the stereotype that all cosplayers are stupid sluts who just want cash
I have never heard of such a thing. In fact the worst I've seen are people thinking cosplayers are just freaks who want to play dress up when it's not Halloween.
>>
>>8982649
Youre lucky. I've had to explain to a few normalfags at cosplay isnt a kink.
>>
>>8982649
Count yourself lucky, friend. Although really I'm surprised you haven't run into this if you hang out on CGL. There's usually at least one "why are all cosplayers sluts?" thread up at all times.
>>
>>8982671
I always thought those were just salty landwhales. Though I have seen people thinking lolita is for sissies and that whole daddy/mommy roleplay kink.
>>
>>8982705
I typically do lolita panels. I can always tell when these kinds of people come in.
Neckbeards with fedoras, some creepy guys that look like they've never seen a 3D vagoo.

Start talking about buying cute dresses, etc.

Guys get up and leave about 10 minutes into the panel.

What did you expect?
>>
>>8982517
>They
The people in charge of panels/programming/scheduling hasn't been consistent in the past 6 years, though.
>>
>>8982705
No. Usually it's people outside of the cosplay community who assume cosplay is always a get-rich-quick or tits-only scheme, because the ones who get spotlighted tend to be those kinds of people.
>>
>>8982792
Nicolas does an amazing job being consistent with his new people then.
>>
>>8982947
He didn't even start doing panels until last year.
>>
>>8981600
I don't want to be a no fun guy but holy shit this is nerd_culture.txt
>>
>>8983287
He has a long way to go. Why can't staffers either make good on their promises or just not promise things they can't control. Do shit on the day you said you would or give it to your staffers. Don't jerk us around for the next week and a half until you get around to it.
>>
I was gonna go 2 years ago. However I had association with Susan Davis/Artemis Moon. Terrible idea in hindsight scrubbed free now. But hope to finally attend next year. Heard it's a blast for just having fun?
>>
>>8983485
I'm confused. Did you misunderstand my post or are you talking about something else entirely? Is it taking forever to hear back about panel approvals or something?

I meant he hasn't even been staff for that long, last year being his first year. Greggo was head of programming before him, something happened with programming staff in 2012 and it was really bad, and 2011 and earlier was Jae. >>8982517 was implying it's been the same exact people screwing up panels each year, but after Jae left there hasn't been a consistent programming head.

I don't go to many panels, but I agree the schedule has been somewhat lacking considering its size. Like what was it, 4-5 Yugioh panels last year?
>>
>>8983675
The schedule is so huge how can it be lackluster? I'm seriously confused when people say stuff like this. What would make the schedule look good enough?
>>
>>8983704
Most people prefer quality over quantity. If I have 1,000 panels called "Ask a Fat Kid", that doesn't mean that it's a "good" schedule. Diverse, interesting panels with a mix of programming (some games, some humor, some discussion, some educational/workshops) in a variety of topics (anime shows, Japanese or nerd culture, cosplay, etc) makes a good schedule.

>TFW you have been to a con with a panel called "Ask a Fat Kid" when your own panel got rejected
>>
>>8936326
So I'm a ripped Dude who plans on dressing up as a League character or DBZ. What are my chances of slaying a bunch of drunk "cosplay nudists?"
>>
>>8984252
If you talk like you type? Slim to none.
>>
>>8984274
Funny. I've been to a few that aren't as "party" like as this one seems to be, got laid at them. Get laid anyways outside of them.

I can only guess at what you look like in the sunlight keyboard warrior.
>>
>>8984277
>>8984252
I think you have a better chance of getting with a regular cosplayer slut than with one of the panelist sluts, honestly. Just hit up the rave.
>>
>>8984281
Thanks for the civil reply sir. I don't know why the keyboard warrior got all rustled.

What night is the rave?
>>
>>8984285
Saturday, I think. If you can get into any parties, try that too, but you won't have much luck if we do a seagull meetup this year. Nearly all of them are taken.
>>
>>8984286
Care to elaborate? Seagull?

What do you mean by parties?
>>
>>8984290
Nah, if you didn't get it then it's not that important. It was more a polite way of saying that I hope you don't show up to a particular meetup.

And I mean parties, like, you know, alchohol and dancing and socializing? There's all kinds of parties that go on at Colossalcon, you've just gotta find 'em. Meet people, chat them up. Ask on the facebook page. That kind of thing.
>>
>>8984293
OK. I have no problem getting stoned and socializing lol. Good tips. Thanks anon!
>>
>>8984293
Also. Question here.
Do I even need the registration for the convention?

Or can I just come dressed up and get a day pass to the Waterpark?

I just wanna party with some cosplay peeps.
>>
>>8984302
You need a pass to get into the con, they check. You can get a day pass to the water park and chill with the people in the water park, though.
>>
>>8984303
To party and possibly hook up.... Do I need to get the con pass or not?
>>
>>8984313
What is reading comprehension

You need a pass to get into the con, the rave, etc. There are few areas you will be able to enter without a pass. You will have trouble meeting people without a pass.
>>
>>8984323
Lol oooooo ow that hurt me. Keyboard warriors up in here.
>>
>>8984326
I wasn't trying to hurt you bud. The other anon is being very patient and giving you answers to questions that very few of us would have bothered with and you're being pretty demanding, even though they already made it clear that yes, you need a pass.
>>
Is getting a spectator pass worth it for the Kalahari? I have no intention of swimming or getting on any rides. I just want to take pictures.
>>
>>8984330
Sorry. I got angry bc of the original keyboard warrior.

I truly appreciate those who have experience giving me some insight. I just don't want to ride down from northern Michigan for nothing.

Thanks all.
>>
>>8984323
What is the best day to go for a crowd and a good time? I assume Saturday?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1439291723377.jpg (40KB, 552x552px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1439291723377.jpg
40KB, 552x552px
>>
File: 1459365462537.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459365462537.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>8984598
>cosplays Vanille
>poses completely out of character
>no frocobo on Sazh
There's too many things in this image that upset me.
>>
So now there's a wig styling contest. Anybody thinking of entering?
>>
Tomorrow marks one month til the con. It's cosplay crunch-time.
>>
So apparently the waterpark is going to be open to con people only from 11pm-2am on Friday night.

>New waterpark event and waterpark day pass info: For the first time, we will have the waterpark open exclusively to our attendees on Friday night from 11pm-2am. The restaurant and bar will be open in there as well. We do need to charge an extra $10 for the after hours waterpark experience and those wristbands will be available just outside the waterpark starting at 10pm Friday night. You can cosplay inside the waterpark (and wear wigs) and if you don't want the wristband for photo reasons we can remove it once you get inside. If you're not a guest at the Kalahari and you'd like a full day experience in the waterpark, we will have one-day wristbands available in Con Ops (Ironwood Room) for $28 each. They are only good on the day that you purchase them and we are limited to 350 per day. Saturday is likely to be the only day that they sell out, so plan accordingly.
>>
I've never been to collossalcon but im thinking about maybe going in a year or two. i have some questions. is it anymore expensive than other cons you've been to, and does the waterpark ever mess up anyone's wigs?
>>
>>8987008
I'm considering it actually. $300 prize is nice, but regardless it sounds like something fun to do on the Thursday night.
>>
>>8987517
Yes it is more expensive. If you stay at the Kalahari and don't room stuff it's $200+ a night. The only food at the con is food catered by the con center and it's very pricey. You can do hotel offsite and drive in but parking is nightmarish. If you can find a spot it's free but good luck finding anything Saturday.

And please don't wear a wig in a pool ever, that's retarded.
>>
>>8987640
You can order from places nearby and have it delivered. Some places might to be able to deliver straight to your room so you may have to meet them in the hotel lobby, but that way you don't have to lose your parking spot or pay for Kalahari food. I've ordered from both Domino's and Pizza Hut before.

The burgers they serve at the Kalahari are 100% worth the cost, though.

Anon said they were going in a year or two so hopefully either the Kalahari will have more parking by then, or the lots that were for sale across the road will have parking.

>>8987517
Regarding the wigs, it's waterpark water, so its heavily chlorinated which is even bad for natural hair. You can wear a wig as many cosplayers have gone into the waterpark with wigs, but I don't recommend submerging it.
>>
So there's going to be a Lolita fashion show. Do you think it's worth signing up for gulls? Anyone been to the 2014 one?
>>
>>8987700
Wigs are made of plastic. It'll be fine as long as you don't mind tangles.
>>
>>8987008
Heck yeah.
>>
>>8987822
That's essentially what I meant. Wigs aren't as easy to brush out since you could lose fibers. Being under water spouts like those in the lazy river is fine, getting splashed is fine, and soaking where you might get some water on it like the hot tub bar is fine (unless it's been dyed, obviously), but things like going deep into the wave pool or swimming in it might not be a good idea because it can get all gross and tangled (not to mention coming off unless it's been secured well).
>>
>>8987783
If you have a really nice coord you want to show off then enter! Its decently well organized and a nice way to meet other lolitas.
>>
>>8987700
>>8987640
if you're looking to get cool photos/videos where you're going to get wet, best choose a wig you dont love, or one you don't mind completely redoing.

That being said, I've had a lot of fun on the water slides in cosplay, and some of my short wigs really didn't take much damage.
>>
Schedule posted. Let the complaining and shitposting begin.
>>
>>8988124
>We Have Daddy Issues
>I.C.T.A The Disney Princess Lineup
>Geek Goddesses Cosplay Burlesque
>Pixel Vixens Cosplay Burlesque
>Teatime with Deadpool
>The Wedding of Mikhael and Sheba
> Hot Pocket Docket 2: Fedoras on Fyre
> Dorito Pope's GAMEOCALYPSE! 2016
> Death Note Mafia

What the fuck is going on at this convention...
>>
>>8988137
I can't believe they took panel time to have their wedding...

Also mafia is such a fun game. Don't know about a death note version though.
>>
>>8988137
>>Death Note Mafia
What is this? I swear it's there every single year and I've been going since like 2011..
>>
>>8988142
Pretty sure it's a game. I have only played the French Werewolf version of it, but basically each person is assigned a role. Most are just regular citizens, but among the crowd are 'killers'. Each night the killer kills off a citizen and in the morning, the citizens have to kill off a person who they suspect to be a killer. If the citizens kill all the killers, they win, but if the killers kill all the citizens, the killers win.
>>
>>8988137
I swear that Deadpool panel is like 99% for containment because a couple years ago the guy kept clogging up the halls trying to entertain people. same goes for the NINJA panel.

The wedding taking up a panel slot is rather irksome, though.

Also didn't an Anon say earlier their friend's "dubs you've never heard of" got denied? I see it on there.

Hot Pocket docket sounds dumb as hell, but apparently it gets a lot of people?
>>
At least the wedding got an otherwise unused timeslot. I'm sure a lot of people will go and that's a fun way to kick off the biggest day.
>>
>>8988137
Three fucking hours for a panel about hot pockets?? What are these assholes thinking?
>>
Maybe i'm just being a dense motherfucker but i dont see the autograph schedule anywhere
>>
Three yugioh panels. The cucks that run this must must get a kickback from Konami
>>
Anyone going from ny? How are y'all getting there?
>>
>>8988137
>>8988142
I will stand up for death note mafia actually. It may sound like some cringetastic roleplay thing but its literally just the game "Mafia" except the killer is Kira, the detectives are L and Near and whatever, etc. Honestly some of the best fun I have at conventions thanks to the panel regulars
>>
Pretty excited that my panels got accepted. Though I am also nervous since it's the first time I've hosted a panel at colossal. I've been in them, but a first time host.
>>
This is by long and far the shittiest panel schedule I have ever seen. It makes Ohayocon look better by comparison and that was a train wreck in its own right
>>
>>8988483
It's time to d-d-d-duel, motherfucker.
>>
This schedule is literal cancer
>>
>>8987783
I might try it. I'm usually pretty shy and I'm not delusional enough to think my coord's amazing by any means, but I'd really like to meet some other lolitas. I was too nervous to talk to anyone at the tea party last year, since everyone seemed to sit with people they already knew.
>>
>>8988156
There is nothing I wish for more than for those Tea Time panels to be scrubbed from this earth. There are few scummier dudes in the Midwest con scene than Jason Roberts
>>
>>8988606
Speak it man, fuck them
>>
>Two "how to date a geek girl" panels

So is this some wannabe pick-up-artist fuckboy shit or is the title just a joke?
>>
>>8988685
Swole Dude asking questions a few days ago here.... I feel like it's going to be a buffet of hot cosplay chick's! Yum yum
>>
>>8988703
Please kill yourself.
>>
Does anyone know from previous years how guest autographs work? I was waiting for the schedule to be able to plan, but I don't see anything
>>
>>8988726
Says the weeboo or whatever you're called. Going to cosplay me some DBZ or league characters (pool party skin obviously) and hopefully find some cuties to mire my gainz.
/fit/ ftw.

But for real I'm kind of a nerd too.

DBZ
League
Sailor Moon
Gundham
FF
A few random anime
>>
File: 1460223197708.png (368KB, 1047x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460223197708.png
368KB, 1047x720px
>>8988703
Just for you. Now please go. Your bait is headache inducing.
>>
>>8988726
Is there really something wrong about /fit/anon going to party? It's fucking collasalcon.... Not some serious convention? I mean it's a Waterpark with booze and raves for God's sake.

>These serious types and their cries...
>are you even going?

/fit/ dude; slow your roll on the comments on this board... Some ppl take offense, just saying desu... Tone it down a bit.
>>
>>8988730
I assume they'll release the program guide within this week or next which might list autograph times separately. Not sure why they aren't on the schedule.
>>
>>8988735
Oh my god are you seriously still here.

>lol YOU DUMB NERDS ON YOUR NERD BOARD LIKING YOUR DUMB NERD THINGS
>lol jk I'm going to a nerd con please give me advice, but you're still dumb nerd warriors
>lol jk I'm a nerd too don't hate me I am into gundham and sailor moonpie

I feel like this has to be a troll.
>>
>>8988750
>Is there really something wrong about /fit/anon going to party?
It's like reading okcupid messages and the only people who use "yum" seriously are people who leave comments on porn videos. Also I think they made their bait pretty clear with >>8988735
>>
File: dTGZBmL.jpg (58KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
dTGZBmL.jpg
58KB, 531x471px
>>8988735
At least you're providing entertainment to keep the thread active.

>Gundham
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>8988768
Hahah thanks. Yea I guess I come off as a bit douchey.....bored at work honestly lol..... I just wanna toke the toke and mingle with the collasalfolk

I hope to see all of you there. Maybe I'll buy ya a drink!
>>
>>8988775
Probs going as Graves. Have pretty much anything but the necklace.

>BTW anyone know where I can buy one?
>>
>>8988768
What's wrong with Gundham
>>
>>8988798
>what's wrong with Gundham?

Gundham is the red headed stepchild
>>
>>8988812
Unpopular opinion but I'm a big fan of Gundham. I know the Germanic overtones bother a lot of people and yeah it's full of trope pandering (like the hot springs in space ep) but the characters are well rounded especially when you compare it to Shweed or Mobile Wind.
>>
File: M7GgFg3.png (20KB, 425x404px) Image search: [Google]
M7GgFg3.png
20KB, 425x404px
>>8988798
>>8988819
Oh my god.
>>
>>8988829
Lol
>>
>>8988829
....Anon.............

>TFW you see someone who failed to get the joke making fun of the joker failing to get a different joke
>TFW you are caught in an infinite loop of fail
>>
>>8988703
All the attention-seeking whores that will be in their swimsuits at colssal, I'm right with you dude.

Gonna grab me all kindz of swimsuit ass
>>
>>8988836
>Girls being in swimsuits at a waterpark con are whores
When will this meme die.
>>
>>8988836
Yea bro me and the broz are driving down in ron's weedmobile ready 2 smoke all that sweet weab rump, gonna get my fork n knife ready yum yum.
>>
File: ballin-is-my.jpg (31KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
ballin-is-my.jpg
31KB, 600x543px
>>8988836
Mah niggah right here. Let's get it Dude. I'll be there all Saturday!
>>
>>8988842
Best post in this trainwreck thread.
>>
>>8988842
The fuck! That's what I'm freaking talking about.

Here's all my Boyz coming in to the rescue.

Yall part of the swole club?
/fit/izens?
>>
>>8988842
>>8988845

I'm telling you bro, last year I had some little twat posing at a photoshoot, and I walked by and got a nice handful of that.

This year I'm going all out
>>
>>8988853
Dude fuck grabbing handfuls. Get some sahn!

Drink, drank, drunk ladies...

Like taking candy from babies. (if you swole, ofc)
>>
File: Untitled.png (61KB, 347x236px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
61KB, 347x236px
>>8988835
What are you talking about.
>>
>>8988855
Man duck them cosplay whores, you need to hit up the chicks in the hot tub bar. Offer a nice drink while showing off your gains and them bitches be all about that swole lyfe.

Cosplay bitches be too easy, I like a challenge
>>
>>8988858
Pfft. Who doesn't like a challenge.... There are burlesque panels every night.... I'm a try and pull one of them!
>>
>>8988858
Yeah man get the sexy, mature bitch at the hot tub, she be leaving her man if you got that swole lyfe
>>
File: 1434158137448.jpg (152KB, 540x809px) Image search: [Google]
1434158137448.jpg
152KB, 540x809px
>>8988861
I hear the Pixel Vixens girls are top pickings.
>>
>>8988864
Aren't most of those pixel vixens trannys or sjw lezbos?
>>
File: razzle_dazzle.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
razzle_dazzle.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
>>8988862
Lol the shit posting is getting real hahaha
>>
File: giant-tits-breasts-zombie-girl.jpg (42KB, 576x604px) Image search: [Google]
giant-tits-breasts-zombie-girl.jpg
42KB, 576x604px
>>8988866
They are literal shit too
>>
>>8988850
We got 3 /fit/s 1 BB and oliver cuz oliver makes damn fine pancakes.

But hey fitswole don't be cramping our territory you know, the cosplay ladies they get freaked if there's too much fine pectoralis in the room so the hot tub that shit's off limits unless you're looking for an old fashioned swoledown.
>>
File: 49e034293b9d1.jpg (70KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
49e034293b9d1.jpg
70KB, 500x750px
>>8988865
Nah, just super trashy and half of them are legitimately insane.
>>
>>8988869
Man I'm working on my JoJo gainz right now, and I can't wait to showcase this hot testosterone next month.

Where the best ladies be at?
>>
>>8988870
See, I don't like fucking with the crazy ones. That shits annoying.

I'll take the hott loli over a trashy slut
>>
>>8988872
Lmfao. I'm pretty swole sonz. Bring that A game! I'm sure there will be plenty to share!
>>
>>8988872
Best ladies be at "Hot Pocket Docket 2: Fedoras on Fyre" make sure you show up early for best seats, they give special treatment to the eyecandy in the front.
>>
>>8988924
You mean Shitposting: The Panel? Yeah no hot chicks are showing up with a fuck awful title like that. Get ready for the whales and butterfaces.
>>
>>8988606
Oh? Why's that?
>>
Anyone else annoyed with the female mod on the con pages? She reposts things that were already posted by other staffers and comments on literally everything even when it's unnecessary.
>>
>>8988932
No I know one of the hosts, they're bringing some of the girls from the burlesque show in to pad out the cast. This is the panel you want my man, just don't let the cat out of the bag so you get a better chance of scoring.
>>
>>8988957
Again, trashy no talent trannys who try to be sexy is not fun brah. I'd have better luck scoring at a Yu-Go-Oh panel
>>
Dafuq is that schedule about? That is a worse schedule than A&G
>>
>>8989165
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>8989226
3 hours of hot pockets, a bunch of lame sounding 18+ panels, fucking yu-gi-oh all over, gamer girl and sjw bs. And a fucking wedding? What is this ohayocon? At least they don't give panel room space to a cosplay wedding.

Tl;Dr It looks horrible
>>
>>8989310
The fact that actual relevant-to-con panels got rejected so that they could slot time for someone's WEDDING takes the cake. These people have got to be friends of some staffer.
>>
>>8989316
In all fairness the wedding is during a time slot that wouldn't get used anyway.
>>
I emailed Nick if it was possible to move my panel to another slot (since there is a guest panel I'd like to attend that's right after mine) and he said moving panels wasn't an option this year.
>>
>>8981808
Donnelly was fucking one of them, but then that sell out tool Nicholas "director of programming here" started banging out the vixens.

I also heard he fucks over convention staff members to get more exposure at their events. Real shady shot going on.
>>
>>8989310
That's like maybe a dozen out of 200+ panels. You're a whiner huh? So what panels would make the schedule look decent?
>>
>>8989321
Why wouldn't it get used? I guarantee you most of the rejected panelists would be jumping at the opportunity to grab a 9-10 am saturday slot, even if it isn't prime time. The choice between shitty timeslot vs no timeslot at all is a no brainer.
>>
>>8989323
Fucks them over how?
>>
>>8989322
Wow, not only does he take forever to get a shit schedule out, he won't even allow for changes? Sounds like a piece of trash to me
>>
>>8989328
My mistake, I mean he fucks them literally. All colossal staff knows about it and talks about it. I'm surprised they haven't fired him yet
>>
>>8989326
Early timeslots like that are usually used for room set up. It's first thing in the morning.
>>
>>8989333
Oh yeah it's no secret that the higher ups regularly fuck the new staffers and get completely shitfaced. Honestly I'm just waiting for them to get involved in some serious shit. I don't see how that get him exposure at other events.
>>
>>8989324
Not faggy sjw panels, hallway games, le epic meme panels, and some retards wedding.

Is it too much to ask nowadays for some anime in my anime con?
>>
>>8989349
a few staffers have told me that he fucks other convention chairs more than donnell's wife did. Get gud with the other cons
>>
>>8937864
>>>8
Also had a bad experience with Wan Wan, Never got my photos back from our shoot at colossalcon last year. Have been constantly contacting her since then. Don't do it homie
>>
>>8989353
You have got to be kidding. There's tons of anime on the schedule. You're just a butthurt that it isn't all anime.
>>
>>8989342
It's clearly not being used for room setup though, because there's a wedding taking place in it. So a panel that required the same amount of setup as the wedding (aka none) could have gone in there. You can't argue that "nobody would use it" when someone clearly is conducting something in there. If it was just some back room that some staffer unlocked for the couple that'd be one thing, but it's being advertised in the schedule as an event/panel for congoers to attend.
>>
>>8989369
Isn't the theme of colossalcon anime? So guests include was washed up actor from the FP and nude cosplay whores?

So anime
>>
>>8989369
Butthurt that an Anime con isn't all or even a majority Anime related?

Con defense is out tonight
>>
>>8989364
Is he bi? I didn't know there were any female con chairs in the state.
>>
>>8989373
>>8989375
>"Colossalcon is an anime, gaming, and Japanese culture convention"

At least that's what the website says.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the schedule either but this complaint is so overused.
>>
>>8989373
>>8989375
You guys literally have no clue how panels work. If you think 200 anime panels got submitted in the first place you best go elsewhere. Colossalcon's attendees don't want anime cons to be anime only. They want variety.
>>
>>8989383
I think they want quality and not shit
>>
>>8989377
They didn't say it was an Ohio conchair. Regardless the rumor around the con is he like men and anal, so he could be bi.
>>
>>8989387
I heard he banged that Greggo fag, which caused him to resign and then he took over the position in programming. My friend deserves the position more, she almost had it too.
>>
>>8989391
>she almost had it too.
Do we know the same person?
>>
>>8989387
Nothing worse than a fugly guy trying to get laid out of desperation.
>>
>>8989407
Not any worse than making up shit and spreading it around /cgl/ like what happens every year. Hot damn, drinking some of that Flint water?
>>
>>8989440
Nobody can make up that level of ugly. Facts.
>>
>>8989506
Sauce or it didn't happen.
>>
Most who go to Colossalcon do not even like anime. They just go to get plastered and have their swimsuit cosplay shot by/in the pool.
>>
>>8990019
Or shot on in the hotel rooms!

Zing!
>>
>>8989402
I'm sure we do, she is still working the programming there
>>
>>8989440
This must be that Nick guy people have been bashing. Your defense game needs work
>>
New thread since this one is in auto-sage
>>8990483

>>8990175
Yeah then definitely. We were trying to figure out who the hell you were last night.
>>
>>8988870
Is Erisaka still in Pixel Vixens? That girl is fucking nut.
>>
>>8989331
still better timing than animenext. their schedule came out like a week before.
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.