[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idols/Love Live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 66

Aand who's jumping on the Love Live! Sunshine!! bandwagon before the show even comes out? I'm going to wait until I've watched a bit with my sister, and if it doesn't suck I'll cosplay it.
>>
Doing a quick Love Live Sunshine dump
>>
>>8928124
>>
>>8928131
>>
>>8928141
>>
>>8928142
>>
>>8928144
>>
>>8928149
>>
>>8928151
>>
>>8928152
>>
>>8928154
>>
>>8928131
Kotoumi love child basically

I'd love to see a show about A-RISE, their songs were great
>>
>>8928207
This. Sunshine is going to be a lot more of the same cutesy songs. Don't get me wrong I like a lot of muse but only a handful I listen to regularly and it's the 'cool' stuff like what Arise does. Spicaterrible, Psychic Fire, Cutie Panther, etc. Aqours will just be more of that with a summery flair
>>
Idk, I really like the aquors idols but the fact that sunshine has the same main plot as love live -making an idol group to save our school- and the fact that lately all the love live fans I've been meeting are obnoxious,
I might jump ship and start aikatsu or something D:
>>
>>8928141
That's not how you wear a swim cap.
>>
>>8928131
>>8928142
You think they could have at least given one of them purple or black hair instead to make it easier to tell them apart.
>>
>>8928149
Are there no better scans of this girl? The other ones are all HD except for this.
>>
>>8928384
I couldn't find any. I can search a bit more if you want one.
>>
>>8928384
>>8928432
Couldn't find it. I checked back on the website where I got the scans from, and hers is really low quality. Her name is Chika Takami so you can find more pictures of her on the love live wikia and google images.
>>
File: Wings.jpg (478KB, 1251x800px) Image search: [Google]
Wings.jpg
478KB, 1251x800px
Going to be doing White Day and I've been trying to figure out which set of wings would be better? Feathers or fabric?
>>
>>8931495
Do feathers, those fabric ones look like shit.
>>
>>8931495
>>8931496
They both look like shit
>>
>>8931495
I got feathered ones from Taobao and they have some wire as the base so I could bend them, but some of the feathers fell off the tips by the end of the day.Personally I think they look nicer than the fabric ones
>>
>>8932223
Could you give me a link to the ones that you got? Kind of doing a compare and contrast to figure out which one to get.
>>
File: image.jpg (303KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303KB, 1800x900px
mobile, sorry if file size is large
What love live would be the least offensive for my proportions? Pic related
43-28-40, 5'2"
I know initial answer should be Nozomi but I'm short and I thought people were tired of fat nozos.
>>
Where can I find a good Maki and Hanayo wig?
>>
>>8932821
People are tired of fat Nozos and Hanayos because those are the two that are automatically recommended to anyone not-a-stick. I actually think you'd make a nice Nozo but honestly just go for whoever is best girl.
>>
>>8932907
Best girl is Nico and I would never forgive myself at my current weight
I thought Nozomi would be a good idea too so I guess I'll go for it!
>>
>>8932821
I'd also say Nozomi is a good idea.
>>
>>8928258
Aikatsu is the best please do

sage for ot
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 500x310px
Sub group 1
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 500x310px
Sub group 2
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 500x310px
Sub group 3
>>
>>8934053
My bad, wrong order. Azalea is sub group 2, guilty kiss is sub group 3.
>>
Hey everyone! I recently purchased this Nozomi costume from Taobao and i have a couple of questions (they might be obvious). I normally cosplay Maki and i'm kind of.. Lacking in the bust area. How can I give the impression of bigger breasts in a strapless bra? Or should I just leave them as it is?

Another thing is the costume doesn't come with the socks and i was wondering if anyone had experience with that. Thanks!
>>
GUILTY KISS
THE BEST
>>
>>8934096
ye olde chicken cutlet stack and push together I assume
>>
>>8934101
Guilty Kiss best subgroup all other subgroups go home
>>
My Kunoichi Love Life group for Fanime fell apart due to circumstances and now I'm sad. Just throwing it out there, but would anyone be interested in doing it with me for Fanime? I found a pretty decent Taobao link with all the characters from one seller for consistency. (I'd be Nico btw).
>>
File: sugoi azarea.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
sugoi azarea.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
>>8934054
>>
>>8934112
>>8934101
best girls
but i love CYaRon, or how the katakana spell out ... sharon.
An idol group called sharon.
Least fave girls but come on, sharon.
>>
>>8934376
kek my friend and I were laughing about it just now too.

Has anyone found a good source for the Taisho Roman set yet? So far I still only see Taobao shops taking preorders and one shop that only has Honk and Nozo.
>>
>>8934211
idolized or unidolized and what characters are you missing?
>>
File: rinarina.jpg (154KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
rinarina.jpg
154KB, 500x625px
>idols/love live
A-anyone here into im@s?
I really want to cosplay a Cinderella Girl but there are so many cute ones I'm not sure who.
>>
>>8937020
I am! I've cosplayed Uzuki a few times. Rina's a super cutie, but I know what you mean when you say there are just too many cute girls.
>>
>>8936446
Idolized.

It was just me as Nico and two other friends as Kotori and Nozomi. Kotori's the one who can't make it. Nozomi is more of a filler, so if you wanted to do her you could. You got any anons who'd join in, anon? I don't think it's too late to Taobao it yet.
>>
>>8937067
Any *FRIENDS* kms
>>
File: ed89278ffca1188ec544685945a65304.jpg (187KB, 1200x772px) Image search: [Google]
ed89278ffca1188ec544685945a65304.jpg
187KB, 1200x772px
>>8937020
I LOVE Cinderella Girls
I've already cosplayed Miku, but it was a rushed cosplay for a group so I'm not happy with it. If I get the time I would love to make this Mayu this summer because she is my my second waifu.
You could always get the Starlight Stage game and get to know some characters more if you have a hard time choosing

>>8937032
This Rika card is also one of my dream idol cosplays to make.
>>
File: 200fa0f8-s.jpg (63KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
200fa0f8-s.jpg
63KB, 480x270px
>>8937087
I've played the game a lot, and it's almost like the more I get to know the characters, the more ones I want to cosplay, haha
Mayu is super cute and I love her song so much; The lighting is one point and is the perfect balance of creepy/cute

I also love Shiki's SSR and how well it works next to Kanade's
>>
File: Cd3CvjJUsAA-o5a.jpg (40KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Cd3CvjJUsAA-o5a.jpg
40KB, 600x338px
>>8937087
I do have that game, my favorites are Syoko and Rina. I was lucky enough to get (2 copies of) Syoko's SSR but I doubt Rina will get one for a while.
A bunch of my top favorites aren't in the anime, and part of me admittedly likes cosplaying characters lots of people will know and get excited about. It's a struggle.
>>
>>8937389
>2 copies of

share your power with me
>>
File: Cd3X_StUMAAuo7Z.jpg (71KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Cd3X_StUMAAuo7Z.jpg
71KB, 600x338px
>>8937439
Maybe someday they'll implement trading, I think there's something like that on the mobage.
>>
>>8937020
>>8937032
>>8937087
>>8937169
>>8937389
Yay more anons that love Cinderella Girls! I prefer Starlight Stage over School Idol Festival actually. I want to cosplay CG sometime in the near future but deciding on who and what outfit will be the death of me.
>>
>>8937389
The anime girls will always be mote recognizable, but both Syoko and Rina are very characteristic so I'm sure you would be recognized. I for sure love her Starlight Stage SR outfit!
>>
>>8937612
>Fumika SSR

fuck you anon
>>
>>8937020
I want to cosplay rin shibuya from cinderella girls and iori from 765!!
No clue on what outfits, pref. something good for tokyo in august.

Ofc. I need to balance this with my one true love for AKB48 + 0048. I'm currently working on yuko for a lil group with a takamina and acchan.

What's Starlight stage game like? Is it similar to the akb music game? I really liked it but it was so had with SO many girls in it. like . . . so many.
>>
>>8937389
>A bunch of my top favorites aren't in the anime
You should watch more carefully anon. Most of the girls in the game are in the anime too even if they aren't main characters. People will recognize you.
>>
Who the fuck thought giving sunshine the same plot goal as love live was a good idea?
>>
File: Fumika_SSR+.png (593KB, 1280x824px) Image search: [Google]
Fumika_SSR+.png
593KB, 1280x824px
>>8937020
Definitely doing best girl this/early next year. Friend wants to make Nao's SSR outfit, hopefully I'll get her to join me.
>>
>>8938549
there is legit nothing different about sunshine. hell, even honoka decided to make a school idol group because she saw another famous school doing it. hell, they could make a prequel series about RIZE and it would make sunshine exactly the fucking same.
>>
>>8937020
MememeMememe! I'm newish to the fandom but it seems more mature than a lot of the general LL crowd. Doing Tokimeki Mika and the op outfit for Anya for sure, after that I don't know.
>>
>>8932821
>W28
topkek
>>
>>8938531
>>8938108
>I'm sure you would be recognized
>People will recognize you

Even when I do the most recognizable dress (My First Star) and cosplay as Uzuki, who maybe after only Rin is the best known girl, I've only been recognized a handful of times when in CG im@s cosplay, and those times have been by other girls cosplaying from CG im@s and older otaku guys (the type who are already wearing the im@s happi coats or selling CG merch). I'm not saying that there's no way you're be recognized, just don't go into it thinking that tons of people will recognize you, haha.
>>
>>8937612
They will never add trading because it's a gacha game. To allow people to get the cards they want goes entirely against the point of forcing people to pay massive amounts of money into the game to attempt to get what they want
>>
File: 1459024702455.png (878KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
1459024702455.png
878KB, 667x800px
>>8938827
I mean like how Love Live has a system where you could exchange dupes for equal rarity cards. I don't expect them to add a gifting system.
>>
>>8928258
mfw I have honestly grown to despise love live and after meeting this one photographer who will barely talk to someone unless they are in a love live cosplay . My love for them is crushed.
>>
>>8937020
I've cosplayed a couple of Makoto's outfits, and I'm planning a casual Rina outfit. I've also started playing SideM since the last thread, and now I have to pick a best boy.
I'm more of a tomboy which I guess is why I never got enough into LL. That and the very awkward people that would stop my friend who cosplayed Nico...

It is rare to get recognized as Im@s, but the people who do are... more down to earth, not so fanboy/girl mode.
>>
>>8939155
That's a bit petty.
>>
>>8934053
The best group with all the superior idol material
>>
am i the only one who thinks that all of the girls look unlovable because god damn their designs are killing me i feel like they're all tropes/copy paste of the original group
honestly i only play the game and i haven't watched then anime because typical idol anime but this is making me wanna die inside
>>
>>8939301
I don't find their designs that bad but they are pretty bland..
The anime focuses on both school and idol things, so if you like school anime, you'd probably like it.

No idea what to expect for the Sunshine anime though. I'm hoping it won't be a weird copy of the original because that's how the synopsis sounds.
Maybe it'll be like the LL manga, so Aqours tries blatantly copying µ's and it horribly fails and they have to try something else.
>>
>>8939388
>>8939388
Yeah they look super bland and I can already tell that I only like one or MAYBE two of them, which is obviously a problem. It makes me mad because muse designs were fresh and you could love them all, and I thought Bushiroad would pull out another set of unique girls but these look like they're gonna be terrible imo. I opened up the game today and saw it said muse's final love live and almost started to cry because a truly amazing era has ended and it doesn't need to.
>>
I'm cosplaying Kotori's Valentines day outfit and I'm stumped on what to do about the shoes. Does anyone have any reference for what they look like or is it just up to my imagination. I can only find pics of nico's shoes
>>
File: Umi.png (143KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
Umi.png
143KB, 512x720px
>>8942983
I think she is wearing the smaller shoes like Umi, but I am not 100% on that statement.
>>
>>8942983
if you aren't sure, pick whichever boot you like better. if anyone's like "that's not the shoes she wears!" just be like "well they aren't even in the card so how was I supposed to know?"
>>
>>8942983
Maybe look at some of the other kotori cosplayers and see which boots they went with? Might make it easier to decide which look you like more.
>>
>>8942983
They usually have 2 set of boots and rotate between the girls.

From memory its the short ankle boots with the gold tip.
>>
File: 1437105748026.jpg (427KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1437105748026.jpg
427KB, 800x1000px
>>8928089
>Love Live
/k/ here, you all have shit taste.
>>
>>8943837
Idolmaster is the worst kind of pandering
>>
>>8932821
actually i think hanayo is going to suit you
(i'd be fine with a chubby Eli as well, you can try her!)
>>
>>8943841
Still better than Love Live.
>>
>>8943837
/k/ here
you can go eat a dick
ranko is especially good at that
>>
>>8939388
This they're so bland and I feel like they cranked the Kira Kira eyeshine up to 11 and the makes them look so plastic. I can kinda buy the repeated story because in the Love Live universe they made Muse the best thing to happen in the history of Japan, nay the world of course they want to idolize them pun intended. I guess I look forward to the rural setting and a main character that isn't schizophrenic.
>>
>>8940068

Sorry, wait, I literally just started playing the game, not in fandom, not into anime - is it ending? As in, the game isn't going to work anymore?
>>
I'm actually starting to get a bit more excited for Sunshine, I agree that their designs are bland but I"m going to be honest, other then Kotori I didn't think any of the girls in LL had a particularly interesting design either.

Kotori was the one who stood out for me because seeing a wig of her character made me look up who it was and after that I became a huge fan.
Let's give Sunshine a chance once the series actually begins okay.
>>
File: baseball.jpg (488KB, 1782x500px) Image search: [Google]
baseball.jpg
488KB, 1782x500px
New outfits, Baseball theme!

I actually found these really cute, especially Hanayo

I guess they will have 3 memebrs for eah team color, since Maki, Honoka and Nozomi have the same colors and skirt.
So Kotori and Nico will probably share colors with Hanayo, and Eli and Umi will probably share colors with Rin
>>
>>8944117
I hate this cards and am very upset that Eli's last UR will be with this set
>>
>>8944057
The original 9 girls are retiring from the Love Live scene, Klab is replacing them with cheap looking copies instead. The game will still be up, don't worry.
>>
>>8944148
Why tho? I don't get why they established love live in a similar way to idolm@, small group, and are now treating them like AKB48 or something. Is it that unpopular they need to make new girls? They're pissing off old fans by not being loyal to the current girls, especially since people compared this more to idolm@ than anything else, and they're failing their own marketing strategy.
>>
>>8944159
>Is it that unpopular they need to make new girls?
lol no
The seiyuus' contracts expired, the 3rd years graduated (and the characters themselves didn't want to be professional idols, nor did they want to be a group of 6), and the UR pairs will be finished soon.
im@s is different because they're professional idols and can exist theoretically infinitely. LL is school idols, the entire anime + game story takes place over the span of a year. I'd consider it a feat that they lasted longer than that, honestly.

>They're pissing off old fans by not being loyal to the current girls
Yeah, and a lot of people have said they're going to drop the game once µ's is no longer part of it.

It's unfortunate, but that's what comes with being a school idol.
>>
>>8944145
I'm a Makifag and I'm super salty about that being her last UR too.
I was hoping the MakiEli UR would be something extravagant and pretty, like the KotoNozo ballroom set.

I get that the baseball theme is a reference to the Tokyo Dome being a baseball stadium, but dammit why'd it have to be with my best girl.
>>
>>8944175
Honestly as sad as I am, they ended it at a good point, I'd rather see them stop at their best then drag it out until it's shit.

Also I love my best girl but I'll let Aqours prove themselves before I decide to drop anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
>>8937020
I've cosplayers as Iori once and I'm taking a break from that costume already. The heels destroyed my feet.

I'm cosplaying LL for the rest of the year but I might get back to im@s.
>>
>>8944175
This is such a shitty reason to stop making u's though. Time doesn't need to pass in anime land. Also they could have just not made it a school premise in the first place and kept raking money in. Talk about terrible planning, sheesh.
>>
who t7s here?
>>
>>8944257
I don't think it's a shitty reason at all, I think they planned the end pretty well actually.
>>
>>8944265
not that anon but i disagree. they completely missed the point of what was popular about the franchise, as well as other idol franchises. aqours/sunshine is going to suck because they're just reusing the same premise with different versions of the same girls, it's not sustainable. the anime/movie may have been planned out well, but they're going to completely flop if they keep doing this.
>>
>>8944276
This was pretty much my point. I understand ending the series properly if they loved it a lot and cared about it more than the money, but why would they make a crappy remake with the same personalities and same designs to do the exact same thing if they really loved the original that much? That means that they're only in it for the money and pretty much made the worst choice they ever could to make to make more money, but it's going to backfire since it's so poorly thought out.
>>
>>8944257
>>8944276

It just seems like a weird decision with how hard they're marketing into the american market. They had a huge booth at AB selling tons and tons of merch and had a bunch of the game set up for newfags to sample. Seems weird to try and bring all these new people in and then surprise them with whoops new girls, new cards to collect etc.
>>
>>8944257
>>8944294

I say otherwise, the seiyuu have other things they want to do and unlike many other idol projects, replacing the girls isn't as simpler of a process.
Also like think about Nanjolno who can literally not keep on performing, she can't continue being Eli and she cries about it on stage all the time.
Sure, It sold well. but the contract was up, they have limited other story lines to tell in terms of anime, and some of their performers can no longer play an 'idol' anyway.

Love live was never created to be the eternal idol program like AKB, or even Idolmaster. but heyy, look at IMS; with the og's and cinderella girls.

Like, my main girl is Eli and I want muse to end so Nanjo can stop beating herself up over every performance she misses because of her knee, I feel so bad for her because she truly does feel remorse when she isn't there and it just breaks my heart.

IMO; they should of ended it. Not feed off the cashcow, unless they were going to provide more og characters w/ a more og storyline or build off other existing characters. (A-RISE, some of the other idol groups we saw in the movie, hell even Eli's little sister and honks' little sister.)
>>
>>8944307
I would love seeing a side story of their younger sisters, but I agree with everything you said.

I hate being that person but I think people are talking with their emotions too much, especially since if they kept milking it people would complain about that too.
>>
>>8944083
Funny how kotori has the most interesting design yet to me she is the most bland one.
>>
>>8942983
i just finished a group for these and we went with the ankle boots for her if it helps. All of them have the same basic shoe just in different heights.
>>
>>8944294
The American game is a full year behind the Japanese game though, there's still a year+'s worth of cards and events we haven't gotten yet. Plenty of time to rake in more money from the original game.
>>
File: 558idolizedRin.png (135KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
558idolizedRin.png
135KB, 512x720px
>>8944117
they look so much better than rin's baseball event card, that's for sure. glad they did the theme right this time.
>those sleeves
>>
>>8944606

ahhhh, ok, there we go. I just thought it seemed dumb for the american company to be promoing it so hard if they were switching games really soon
>>
>cgl thread
>105 posts
>No Sunshine cosplay
>>
File: Sunshine176.jpg (75KB, 761x539px) Image search: [Google]
Sunshine176.jpg
75KB, 761x539px
http://sunshine.dengeki.com/vote/pcutvsl5r5co/

So here is the drill. One Sunshine girl will become the mascot of a recently opened store in Numazu Japan that sells video games, manga and anime. Numazu is of course the administrative seat of Uchiura, the setting of Sunshine.

Whichever Aqours school idol wins this poll becomes their star. Vote Now.
>>
File: website1000x520_release.jpg (261KB, 1000x520px) Image search: [Google]
website1000x520_release.jpg
261KB, 1000x520px
A-anyone is playing T7? I discovered it yesterday, but all the girls looks so cute
>>
>>8945633
I want to play it, but I'm not entirely sure how it works? Like is it a rhythm game or something else entirely?

The girls look super cute in it.
>>
>>8945633
I played it, it`s really nice game

>>8945653
there is a rhythm and scouting parts, Basically, rhythm game + clicking game like girlfriend kari

Also, anyone playing girlsfriend note? It`s like love live and pripara
>>
>>8945633
I love T7S and I find the characters really lovable. The music is really great too. I like Karakuri's songs the best.
>>
>>8945469
Fuck off it's not out yet.
>>
File: honk.png (526KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
honk.png
526KB, 512x720px
Hi there!

I'm ordering the cyber outfit off of taobao but having trouble finding the headphones. Has anyone ever ordered just the headphones from this seller? Is it possible?

https://world.taobao.com/item/525080318270.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.RfBpyQ#detail
>>
>>8946220
Yeah it's possible, the listing's right there!
>>
>>8946233
Okay! I knew it was there but wasn't sure if it was possible to specify which girl you wanted just from there. Sorry for the dumb question!
>>
I'm getting my Cyber outfit from taobao soon as well (within a week or smth). Would anyone be interested in a blog-like review?
>>
>>8945469
I had a friend whip out a Sunshine cosplay last-minute. It wasn't bad or anything, I just find it strange that she jumped on it so quickly. Barely anyone recognized her.
>>
>>8946328
Maybe if you linked a blog, then sure. Don't post it all here.
>>
>>8946348
Wasn't thinking of clogging the thread like that, dont worry
>>
>>8932821
Honestly I think most of it relies on your face. Ive seen chub cosplayers that looked good because they had a cute face, and good body cosplayers who blew it with an ugly mug.
>>
>>8934096
for the socks do silk stockings and cut the toes.
>>
Should I do some sort of lip gloss or lipstick of some sort for Hanayo?
>>
>>8946497
I just do a pink lip gloss for idols.
>>
>>8946497
this >>8946500 a lot of my friends use bright red/coral lipstick and it looks terrible! you don't need to have really focus on the lips, just a nice tinted gloss, it looks better than matte.
>>
>>8946510
>>8946500
Alright thanks. Will be my 1st time doing a female cosplay and I really don't want to half-ass it.
>>
>>8946514
>>8946497
I actually have another question. I was thinking about doing a Riceball prop. Is there any decent material I can use to make it?
>>
>>8946584
i make fake food charms as a hobby, it depends on what type of materials you have access to! i can give you a few ideas.(or make one for you if you want)
>>
>>8944263
桜 best song
>>
>>8946591
A couple ideas would be great. I just need something I can carry around with as Hanayo and is also something that won't break/crumble/ruin/etc easily.
>>
What dance would be good for a full candy maid group?
>>
>>8949694

I think Shangri-La Shower would fit perfectly.
>>
>>8928131
oh no she's cute
>>
>>8944175
wait so u's are ending with this set??? gdi
>>
>>8951041
The baseball set? No. I think they did that one because it fell during the final Live.
The pairs that are left are:
NicoUmi
HonoNozo
KotoRin

Maki and Hanayo are done, Eli's next.
>>
>>8951139
oh thank god
>>
>>8944175
I plan on dropping the game once they start adding Sunshine shit on EN. I'd rather they just end the anime but keep the game going. They could just have Score Matches and Medley Festivals and keep releasing cute cards but I really don't like Aqours; they look boring. But I am getting bored of the gameplay so it'll be a good time to drop it, I guess.

>>8944263
>>8945633
I've been playing T7S since August and I really like it. There's still a lot I don't understand but the music is so good. I plan on cosplaying some cards in the future.
>>
>>8946591
>>8946935
I figured I'd ask again, but do you know how to make a rice ball plush? I have pretty much no experience with sewing, but if it's easy enough maybe a tutorial would help
>>
File: Capture.png (940KB, 912x637px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
940KB, 912x637px
>>8951041
There hasn't been an official decree on when the Muse cards will stop coming out. If they're smart they'll keep them going well into the Sunshine anime while people have time to warm up to the new girls.

>>8945005
The game isn't switching into a new game. The Aquors single have been playable in the School Idol Fest game JP version and and basic rares of them are available in the seal shop which is also JP only atm. It is called School Idol Fest after all it's not really locked down to just Muse. Even Arise has had rare cards included.
>>
bumping with the link for the Koi ni Naritai AQUARIUM PV preview uploaded yesterday.

Who's excited?!?

https://youtu.be/gE4GzSihmy4
>>
File: 4448_739281.jpg (385KB, 1399x1396px) Image search: [Google]
4448_739281.jpg
385KB, 1399x1396px
>>8943837
/k/ here too
Yayoi is better
>>
>>8955027
I haven't really listened to any of their songs, but I really like how they sound. They blend really well together. I like it.
>>
>>8955027
I can't wait for the full version to come out, it's already stuck in my head.

On a side note, does anyone have a fave girl in Aqours yet?
>>
>>8955027
I like the some but they're like WUG levels of bad character design... it's too bad.
>>
>>8951191
It's literally a square.
>>
>>8945653
It's essentially a rhythm game but a lot of other things are tacked on

Battle- Used for raids and battle in general. Similar to KanColle, just put down your cards, pick an opponent and watch hitpoints go down. It uses CP. The total cost of your group's CP is subtracted from the bar.
Rhythm- The game in general. Battlive (live battle events) and Try the New Number (token collection) revolve around the rhythm game aspect. However both events use their own event stamina being called Holorium and something else. To play a song, you must deduct the CP cost of the song from your CP bar.
Performamatch/RNG- Pretty fun event easily the hardest to play. In-game, there's a rock paper scissors mechanism (Blue beats Pink, Pink beats purple etc) and this event utilises it. Essentially it's like playing poker. You have to pick a card and hope the attack points and/or type advantage is in your favor.

To make it worse, the event's point scoring is reliant on how well you do. So you have to string along a winning streak to get higher points. Do you think you can win rock scissors papers 50 times in a row?
>>
File: wugs.png (345KB, 640x390px) Image search: [Google]
wugs.png
345KB, 640x390px
>>8955652
Nothing can be as bad as WUG designs though, they went too real and I got them all mixed up and can't remember a single name. I think I might get maybe 3 of the Aquors confused until the anime gets underway. With original LL I only got Umi and Nozo a little mixed up at first. With WUGs the only one I could ever distinguish is the tall blondish one.
>>
>>8943837
I vote that anyone who likes Cinderella Girls should have their right to an opinion taken away from them
>>
>>8955887
There's same face then there's same face, hair, mannerisms and bodytype
>>
>>8955521
Same, I've warmed up to the outfits too, I really like them now, but probably because I'm always into nice mermaid/sea themed outfit.

Also so far it's Mari and Hanamaru for me!
>>
File: tumblr_ntzolzi8oB1u4qcd3o1_1280.jpg (62KB, 740x493px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntzolzi8oB1u4qcd3o1_1280.jpg
62KB, 740x493px
>>8955521
You is best girl clearly.
>>
>>8943841

What?
Did you really accuse Idolm@ster of pandering in a fucking Love Live thread?
Love Live is legitimately more Otaku-baity. I don't know why its more popular on tumblr and the cosplay scene. The girls are personality-less robots (even more so than the Idolm@ster girls)
>>
>>8956126
Idols are inherently pandering. Love Live appeals more to teenage/young adult otaku, im@s appeals to 20s otakus.
>>
>>8931495
I got feathered ones from taoabo, legit look amazing even though shipping cost me an arm and leg

>>8934096
Chicken fillets are a godsend anon
>>
>>8955521
Aqours has definitely grown on me, and I'm pretty excited too. I'm a little up in the air about best girl though, since there's not much information yet. I'd say I'm deciding between You, Mari, and Ruby.
>>
>>8956126
>personality-less robots
>a world of cop idol, Ranko, Miku Maekawa, maho shoujo idol, super sentai idol, gyaru idol, farm idol
>>
>>8956544
how dare you forget bunny eared-idol from bunny ear planet, nana abe.
( also who are the majo shoujo + super sentai idol i'm hell a forgetful apparently.)
>>
>>8956582
I don't know about the others but I guess Super Sentai idols are the girls from Samurai Flamenco which was a parody of sentai and idols? Unless they're referring to real idols then I guess Momoiro Clover Z who are kinda supposed to be space pirate idols. Pretty much all form of idols both IRL and in games/animu are pretty fake and trying to argue which is more or less pandering is pretty moot because at the end of the day it's about money not making smiles or whatever. If Idolmaster or LL or AKB48 or whatever seems more or less genuine to an individual then they've succeeded in that illusion. I love KPP, LL and Lady Baby but I'm still aware of the dark side of the idol industry.
>>
>>8956582
Chika is the Mahou Shoujo idol, she just really likes them and all her outfits are based on her being a magical girl. And the super sentai idol is Hikaru, again she just really really likes them and that's her charm point, but they're interesting and diverse hobbies for all of them.
>>
>>8956605
this was purely about idolm@ster idols and them not having personalities.
>>
>>8956635
There's 150 of them and just one has more than all of the Love Live girls together. Please stop being so deluded and ruining this thread with your bullshittery.
>>
>>8956651
im@s is incredibly imbalanced though. Most of the focus is put on, what, 3 girls?
LL almost did that, but each girl got some kind of development in the anime.
>>
>>8956909
So? Your point was that they have no personalities. They do have personalities, you just don't see them in the show because the main conflict is within the three main girls for the sake of the show not having to deal with all the girls. The games are heavily geared towards all the other girls. In fact, the 3 main girls haven't even been event cards yet. Love Live definitely favored the development of the 3 second years, so it's really not any different. The other girls in the company got their development episodes just like the LL girls that aren't the main 3. Wouldn't you say that the LL game is unbalanced too since none of the other girls ever get properly fleshed out? You really are grasping at straws now to try and justify your dumb vendetta against a rival series, so stop before you embarrass yourself more.
>>
>>8956920
>for the sake of the show not having to deal with all the girls.
Then why include them?

>Wouldn't you say that the LL game is unbalanced too since none of the other girls ever get properly fleshed out?
The 9 µ's members get development in the game. Completely equal development, all across the board.
Unless you mean the N girls. I'm not sure if anyone really considers them characters.
>>
>>8956924
I mean the N girls. In your words, why even include them? If they're in source material, wouldn't they be characters? They even get cosplayed, but still don't get development. The CG anime included the other characters because they're in the source material. Have you ever seen a VN adaptation where it's geared so one girl wins the guy? That doesn't happen in the game necessarily so I mean, why even include the girls who don't win in the show, am I right? It's not like they're characters that people would watch the show to see or are an important part of the source material or anything. That's what you sound like right now - an idiot.
>>
>>8956932
Love Live was a thing long before the game (ie. before the N girls) came about. The anime was already up and running, there's no need to fling in these background girls and pretend they matter.
SIF doesn't even include the N girls in, say, login screen art or promotional art at events. There was a poll for them once but I don't think anything came of it. We all expected the Sunshine anime to be about the 9 N girls that won. If that happened, then yes, they'd count as characters.
Why do people cosplay them? Because it's a cute girl in a cute dress. Same as why people cosplay bland shit like im@s.

In im@s, if they're all included as characters, why treat them like background fodder?
>>
>>8956945
How do you not get it yet? There is physically not enough episodes or budget available to cover the sheer amount of girls in CG. It's incredible to me how you can say that every single one of the hundred plus characters are bland and not think that designs and personalities of characters like orange haired cat-like girl and blonde Russian ponytail girl are not only mind-numbingly boring but also not directly stolen from CG (which they absolutely are). You obviously have not seen either iM@S anime or if you did, then you spent the entire wanting to hate it and then coming on here to do so. Don't sit here and argue a vapid argument that Love Live is anything but cute girls in cute dresses because that is it's exact sole purpose as a moneymaking series and acting like it serves any other purpose than that only makes you look like more of a complete retard.
>>
>>8956651
no no, i was saying that when i was asking who were the super sentai idols i was referring to WITHIN idolm@ster. i think they all have plenty of character.

what I mean to say was that I wasn't asking generally, but to who the first anon i was talking to were referring to when saying the different characters in idolm@ster bc i forgot their name
pls dont kill me i'm not english
>>
>>8956972
That's what I was saying though, why include 150 girls if only a handful matter? im@s is about quantity over quality.
This is why I only consider the LL game to have 9 characters and the N girls don't matter.

Cat girls are rampant in every anime, it's not trademark to LL or im@s. Although, Rin also has the whole femininity arc. Hey, that's two personality traits right there!
I don't like the blonde foreigner girl trope either, but that's an issue with Japan entirely.
Assuming you're referring to Anya, LL came before CG.

Because of the copycat Sunshine iteration, I'm not going to argue with you about the moneymaking aspect.
I'm just saying, im@s isn't any more of a saint among idols than LL is.
>>
>people arguing about which idol series panders more

Y'all are funny, spoiler alert: idol shit in general of all forms is made to pander, stop your arguing about which does it more. The way they pander might change a little but they're all guilty.

If there was anything I hated about Love Live's popularity, it's that Im@s constantly gets compared and argued against it (I like both, and they're both completely different types of idol fodder so I don't really compare them or like one more than the other, each has different strengths).

Arguments like this turn me off of the fandoms, so many people on both sides just shit on the other constantly and it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>8956990
Thats the thing - it's not only just a handful that matter. All of them matter and all of them get plenty of cards and conversations to show this. You're pulling the "only a handful matter" straight out of your ass for the sake of trying to one-up people who like iM@S. Also, Eli could be a ripoff of Anya because CG came 3 entire years before LL. Love Live literally used entire designs and quirks from iM@S and gets away with it because of people like you who can't fact check with what came first and will defend LL and it's garbage characters until the bitter end. If all you wanted to say was that iM@S is on the same level as LL, then just say that. Don't fight me and have all your points shot down only to act like the good guy when you were the one deciding to post stupid shit to provoke the plenty of other civil people in this thread.
>>
I want to do Miss Monochrome's performance dress, but I'm stuck on what fabric to use and how to achieve the two color look of the bodice.
>>
>>8957003
>LL: 2010
>CG: 2011
Okay hun.
>>
>>8957003

>UR SHOW IS SHIT STOP SAYING MY SHOW IS SHIT

This is all I'm getting from both sides of this argument.
>>
>>8957003

Not the anon you're replaying to, But LL was created and launched in August 2010 (before the CG mobile game). Long before the anime and mobile game, animated music videos and music was released. I think most fans are anime/game fans only and don't really know about its origin so just wanted to clear that up, proceed with your arguing.
>>
>>8957010
>>8957008
Okay, I admit that I was wrong about that date, but my argument still stands somewhat considering the show had little to no following before the anime and game debuted. If characters being in a game isn't enough for the other anon to consider them characters, then how is just being in a magazine and some videos enough? In conclusion, yes the characters that didn't appear in the show are important and are still good characters with nice personalities and no you argument doesn't hold if you're making this claim in defense of the personalities of the LL characters because that is true hypocrisy. Some are shitty, some are not, there we go. No reason to get assblasted about it and not be able to admit the truth.
>>
>>8957005
Sorry that you got caught in the middle of some kind of shitstorm.

The arms and legs look like that wet-look spandex stuff. I'm not entirely sure what the fabric is called, but it's shiny and skin-tight and breathes nicely. Definitely something you can find in the dancewear/performance section.

The dress honestly looks like the same material, but I wouldn't recommend using it. I think that's just how they do shading/highlights.
I'd personally use something more matte, but obviously the choice is up to you.
Unless you're any good at printing, you're probably better just sewing the two-colors.

Sorry I can't provide any fabric names, I generally never look at those and just go by feel/stretch/weight.
>>
>>8957028
So you're saying the N girls have the same amount of personality and development as the µ's girls, who've been around much longer and on many more platforms...?
>>
>>8957005
Maybe go for a vinyl since she's futuristic. The two color look is just two separate colors.
>>
File: 1289412.png (614KB, 930x697px) Image search: [Google]
1289412.png
614KB, 930x697px
>>
>>8957033
What I meant was that the N girls are in their first appearance at the moment and to consider the LL girls as valid characters while they were in their first appearance in the magazine (which would cause LL to be created in 2010) but not the N girls is hypocritical.
>>
>>8957043
Yeah but µ's was going to continue and flesh them out more, we knew that even in 2010.
We don't know if there's any further plans for the N girls. Considering that they were completely skipped over and Aqours came out, I'd say not.
>>
File: 1439145893917.jpg (48KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1439145893917.jpg
48KB, 600x338px
What is even going on in this thread
this is even worse than a /jp/ idol thread
>>
>>8957003
>quirks

Any quirks your talking about have already been done to death well before either framchise. I dont hate idolmaster it's fine, but prefer LL because the quirks are toned down so they feel like how real people would act, with the exception of Honoka. She's probably schizophrenic though. Nico is polarizing but I like the Mets of having a character that acknowledges the fakeness of idols but still has fun with it.

And sorry but 150 girls is not a great selling point. I'd much rather care about LLs 9 and now 18. I can't imagine all 150 of them have stronger stories than the LL SIF N cards
>>
>>8957031
>>8957035
Thanks for the suggestions!
>>
I make a separate thread for everything not Love Live, but nooooooooo. It dies and then this shit happens inevitably. Sage.
>>
>>8957183
To be fair, this isn't exactly a Love Live thread. I guess the OP was just mostly into LL.
>>
>>8957193
Doesn't matter, we all knew this would happen in the end.
>>
>>8956615
I have nothing against their hobbies but once your career, fake persona or hobby literally becomes your personality and all you can do is repeat one word every sentence, that character becomes flat, under-developed and quite literally a personalityless robot.
>>
>>8956920
Well that's great but not everyone plays the games and from what I've digged up a lot of the characters outside NG are flat archetypes.
>>
>>8957053
Idol War.

Which reminds me, I really have to go and ask Maru's VA (see below) what she thinks of the Idol War.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgi9S0EDFvs&nohtml5=False
>>
>>8957555
That's rich! It's amazing how the LL franchise has managed to trick you into thinking terribly written drama is character development. In a stagnant series, I guess you've gotta take what you can get. If you actually knew any source material at all instead of making baseless claims, you'd know that this isn't true. Those are just their hobbies, but their personalities are much more than that. Stop acting like every single one of these characters are just gimmicks when they're not and you don't even know it. It just makes you look dumb. Miku had infinitely more reasons to make being a cat girl her character and otherwise being a serious student than Umi does for being a shy, bland moe blob copy of Chihaya.
>>
>>8957974
>Umi being shy

Wrong girl stop pretending you actually know LL well enough to judge it this hard
>>
>>8958111

Refuses to wear a dress without tracksuit bottoms
Hates the idea of giving out fliers to strangers
Extreme stage fright

Yeah, yeah, not shy at all
>>
>>8958111
Not them, but Umi is very much shy, at least around people she doesn't know. She's comfortable around Honoka and Kotori, and eventually the other girls, but she breaks down like crazy around strangers.
>>
>>8958111
Stop pretending to know other series when you don't even know your own.
>>
>>8958116
>>8958128
>>8958131

She's just not the first one I think of when someone mentions "the shy one" Feels more tsundere than shy.
>>
>>8958141
Nah I don't blame you. We mostly see her with Honoka and Kotori.
Umi's more.. serious? I find her bitter. Shyness definitely isn't one of her strong traits.
>>
>>8958141
Fact is, she's still a shy character. It wasn't a wrong assertion.
>>
Why can't people accept that all idols are cute and fighting over them is stupid?
>>
File: 12583113.jpg (19KB, 227x227px) Image search: [Google]
12583113.jpg
19KB, 227x227px
>>8958480
idol war that's why
>>
>>8958480
idol war sure is fun
>>
>>8958496
Miku Hatsune will end all idol wars.
>>
File: that's not a µ's.png (80KB, 199x195px) Image search: [Google]
that's not a µ's.png
80KB, 199x195px
>>8958608
Dropped the picture. I'm a smart one.
>>
File: 1449972246607.jpg (92KB, 676x575px) Image search: [Google]
1449972246607.jpg
92KB, 676x575px
>>8958608
>miku
>>
File: End-outfits.jpg (251KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
End-outfits.jpg
251KB, 1916x1076px
>>8958480
Idol wars are love. Idol wars are life.
>>
>>8958609
Of course the worst Snow Miku design is the one they collab with LL with.
>>
I play both llsif and deresute religiously and my best girl will always be from Love Live.

I'm biased because I was into love live long before cinderella girls but you can't deny that cinderella girls more then anything rely on random quirks. I like them but with 150 girls and counting they basically decide a hobby/quirk and design a character around it and leave it at that. I mean come on there's a character that's a little girl obsessed with her "daddy" that shit is just creepy.

Love live also has the advantage of a large female fanbase compared to other idol series. This is because there's less of a feeling that the series doing everything for their producer or something similair, and more just the girls themselves. It also definently does less pandering with sexy poses etc. Which makes it more attractive for a lot of female fans.

Overall you can't really compare them, as they both decided to go an entirely different route with their concepts. They're both good and have their good and bad sides.

Also that anon back pedaling because they didn't know love live came out before cinderella girls was hilarious
>>
>>8958786
Not the above anons, but your opinion is better unsaid if you're that biased because it just undermines your opinion... Anyone would like the game they've been playing for longer more and like the girl they've known longer more. Also in the LL girls stories, I remember them referring to you as like someone they really admire and really like a lot just like the producer. I like LL a lot too but what you're saying is just not true.
>>
>>8958821
You're correct, I kinda forgot about that but it's still less direct imo.

Honestly I really do like both franchises, Sae is best girl in cinderella girls if you ask me.
>>
>>8958821
Not anon, but Idolmaster is very big on the P where in LL the anime has none and in the game some of the card stories are they fussing about the player but in the main story they really only acknowledge you in chapter 1 and then basically never mention you again.
>>
>>8958833
Same with the chapters in CG with multiple girls though? Also I'm talking more about the games and even in the anime Producer was his own character if I remember right.
>>
>>8958841
Yeah oddly enough there's a lot of porn of Take-P by himself people like him so much
>>
So there's an All Idol series gathering in the works for Fanime. Do you think it would be fair to request no Love Live? I'm afraid like these idol cosplay threads, it'll get overrun and become LL gathering part 2.
I'm not hating, I just want the nobody idols to have a chance, and LL gatherings I've been to take forever. All group, individual girls, sub units, ships, card series, and now with 9 more girls.
>>
>>8958870
If there's another Love Live meet, then I don't think that's unreasonable. They have one to yourselves, why can't you have one for yourselves too? But maybe instead of asking for no Love Live you just make one without Love Live yourself? You may get some flack from some whiners.
>>
>>8958821
Not them, but that's one of the things I don't like about LL: the weird pandering toward the player. It's no better than the self-insert Producer in im@s.
It goes against what made the series popular.
The anime and main stories in the game don't do this, so it's easier to ignore, but I still don't like that it's there.
>>
>>8958896
It's so very little though? Half the time I forget it's there at all.
>>
>>8958870
I think it's a good idea. Maybe set it close to the time of the Love Live gathering?

Maybe if you don't exclude Love Live, set it specifically for later in the gathering. Or do two separate gatherings. One with, and one without Love Live.
>>
>>8958870
I don't think you'll get very far hosting a "idol anime but no Love Live" meetup, in all honesty. It'll come across as bitter, at least to me. LL is huge so asking for none would get some nasty backlash.

If it's a general idol gathering, the LLers shouldn't be doing that many pictures anyway. A group shot for µ's, and maybe a group shot for Aqours if there are any, should be enough. It really depends on the turnout.
I guess you can try asking the host to make sure that there's equal representation of other idol series'?
>>
>>8958904
I guess that's the thing that makes it weirder for Love Live though like there's no actual reason for your character to be there to self insert into. The producer is there to produce girls and find more to produce so it's not like it's any crazy concept that you're there and it never gets any more than "Thanks for producing me, I'm famous now!"
>>
>>8958915
I see what you mean, though there's definently a share of characters that feel more then a big of affection for the producer. Mayu is a special case and doesn't count in this case since loving the producer is basically her thing
>>
>>8958882
>>8958905
>>8958914
Oh, It's not my idea, there's already a thread in the forum and a FB event. I want to go but I was just worried about getting overshadowed by the big series. I would probably be the only cosplay from my series, to be vague. I guess it will be okay though, if we're treated equally. It looks like the organizer knows a lot.
>>
>>8958915
Yeah in SIF, I feel like they were just trying to cash in on the self-insert thing that im@s does. Hell that's probably why the player was male in the EN release, before the lesbian fans backlashed about it.
Your job is basically to put the girls in units that perform best in shows, and if you fully bond with each girl, they perform better overall, so I can see the relevance of it, but I do feel like it was pointless because the anime doesn't do anything like it.
>>
>>8958940
Yeah I'd just shoot a message to the organizer expressing your concern and hope for the best.
>>
>>8958941
Honestly other then it being added at the beginning of the game it feels like they didn't do anything with it which is why I don't mind.

This was still around the time just before they got super popular so they were probably still trying to pander to everything to discover the fanbase' preference
>>
>>8958914
But it just isn't fair for Love Live to get 2 shoots and the other idols to get one, no? Why can't they just be civil and know some boundaries?
>>
>>8958740
Sheryl is best girl desu
>>
>>8957974
>terribly written drama
That's besides the point but nice what-aboutism. Even if the drama in Love Live is terrible that doesn't change the fact that Idolm@ster has more than it's fair share of personality-less robots. Even if LL's characters are the most flat, awful shit to be written, does not excuse Im@s.

I'm not even sure why you're bringing LL into this since I've always been arguing why Im@s has flat, undeveloped characters.

>source material
Again with the source material. I'm not going to download CG just to find out if every character is exactly how they should be portrayed in the anime.

If it's the fault of the writers that a majority of the Idols in CG were that poorly written than fine I'll point the blame at them. However, I've yet to find evidence that Miku in the anime differs any greatly to how Miku was always portrayed (some catgirl persona).

>much more than that
Which is why I had to listen to Miku and Riina yell nyaa, rock and nekomimi every second sentence until I wanted to reach through my computer screen and slap them across the face.

>infinitely more reason
Yes there is a reason. It's a popular archetype in Japan. Same reason why both LL and Im@s both have a shy girl, a average idiot as the MC, some tomboy or probably why almost every anime has pairs a hyperactive idiot with someone calm, stoic and intelligent...

Unless there's some tl;dr tragic backstory for Miku but either way that would explain but wouldn't excuse her blandness.
>>
>>8958786
Leaving aside µ's and Aqours, I would argue that many if not all of the N characters are built around random quirks. Of course, they aren't that important for the franchise since their only purpose right now is to feed your stronger cards and give you points to scout or grind events.

Shun has a horse.
Sayuri Hyodo likes guns
The Kurobane Sisters think they are dark wizards or something
Kanata Konoe is lazy and sleeps a lot
Nagi is an artist.

Then there's the archetypes thrown in like a quite literal Iori Tsundere-clone in Sana Yuki.

As for the female audience, LL is primarily aimed at males and I accept that. It another project in a long line of fan participation games published in the male-aimed Dengeki G's and was labelled upon release as a bishoujo game. Fair to say though that while there's still a large male audience, it has definitely transcended it's origins and become popular with the other sex and fans of all ages.

Although, if you live in the broader Western World and showed something like Love Live to your parents or friends they would ask why you're watching a cartoon show for little girls. Funny, how things work in Japan.

As for pandering, while LL isn't overtly focused on it like a average harem show I find it would really come down to that female fan's personal level of tolerance. The more sensitive would find the cleavages, midriffs, washi washi far too intolerable.
>>
>>8959267
there is literally nothing stopping the other idol cosplayers from organizing their own series-specific shoot. it's childish to ban love live cosplayers from a general idol one when it's not like they're stopping you from having additional shoots.

as for thread drama: its not that deep. all idol characters are built around their appeal. they are waifu bait and its real fuckin dumb to be two people standing in kiddie pools and arguing that one is an inch deeper.
>>
>>8959657
not that anon, but why are you so butthurt mad that someone likes CG more than LL?
>>
>>8959689

Better question, why is anybody mad that there are people who prefer one idol show to another? Why do people have to go out of there way to tear down a series they find inferior? As someone who likes both who honestly fucking cares?
>>
>>8959696
Agreed, both shows has their perks and flaws, I like them both for different reasons.
>>
>>8959696
you have to remember that the people who seriously engage in 'idol wars' are the type of person who has literally nothing else to be proud of except liking the 'better' anime
>>
There's a lot of other factors, but one of the reasons why I don't like getting involved with the Idolm@ster fandom any more is due in part to the toxic attitude towards Love Live. Maybe it's just a minority, but sure is a damn loud minority.

I actually saw the 25 episode A1 Idolm@ster adaptation long before I ever got into Love Live and swore that it was as good as idol anime ever got. But then Love Live Season 2 happened. Then the Idolm@ster movie came out and it sucked, then Cinderella Girls came out and it sucked way worse. Then the Love Live movie which I thought was great.

I don't even care about Idolm@ster anymore. I've lost all interest in the games and I sure as hell don't want to be associated with the fandom.
>>
>>8959757

>toxic attitude

I like both but yeah, Im@s fans are incredibly vocal with their hate for love live and it's annoying. Not a fandom I actively want to get involved with either.

I actually have a flipped opinion of the Im@s animu. Thought the 765 anime was terrible, quality everywhere and forced drama at the end was bad. Having been introduced to Im@s with the original games I was very dissapointed. Cinderella Girls despite having an even bigger group of girls I thought was much better. The drama was even more appropriate (not Haruka's boo hoo everyone is busy because they're idols, I have no one to play with even though we chose this life).
>>
File: 11121392.jpg (767KB, 675x804px) Image search: [Google]
11121392.jpg
767KB, 675x804px
AKB0048 is probably going to be the future bc idols will end up causing so many wars they're gonna be banned . . .

( akb0048 and macross frontier supreme idol shows. where else are there literal robot idols. )
>>
>>8959796
>AKB0048
I thought that completely bombed
>>
>>8959801

I'm not really sure why though. It's probably because people see AKB in the name and freak out because of idol culture. I cosplayed one of the characters during a panel and a hambeast of an ita came up to me, told me I looked cute and asked what I was from. When I told her she changed her tune. "Ewwwwww I dont like them!" But its like, she hasn't even seen a single episode? Even I was guilty of thinking it'd be trash because of association but I had a good time cosplaying from it and watching it.
I like Im@s for the games but prefer the 0048 anime. Love Live sort of hovers about and I enjoy it for the songs and dances/phone app.

I like them all basically.
>>
>>8959757
It's not like the idolmaster fandom really needs you, they've been in existence for way longer.
>>
>>8959796
0048 was pretty bad imo
>tfw no one remembers the bajillion rankas doing the seikan hikou in the late 00's
The hay day of Frontier already happened ten years ago and I'm old and sad.
>>
>>8959836
I hated 0048 too. It's one of my least favorite idol anime, along with Aikatsu. Macross Delta is a lot better than 0048 in my opinion.

I like Love Live season one and the 765 pro anime though. Cinderella Girls is ok but too many of the characters pissed me off, and I hated all of Mio's drama. Personally I think the idolm@ster community is far less toxic than Love Live though. I'm getting out of Love Live because I'm tired of seeing shitty entitled 13 year olds bash other people and have their rich parents buy them tons of Taobao costumes. I also hate the deemphasis on sewing costumes and the mentality of having to do the most dances. That might just be in my area though.
>>
>>8959839
Lmao I said Delta instead of Frontier.
>>
>>8959839
LL appeals to younger cosplayers who are actually in high school and therefor is going to have a lot of cosplayers who are still in the phase where they take things like handmade vs bought way too seriously.

Speaking of Taobao costumes goddamn you can buy pretty much any LL costume for reasonable quallity right now. I was vaguely interested in doing the yellow/green outfits from Im@s season 1 and there's not much of anything out there except those blue outfits with the star sash.
>>
>>8959836
Aww man I was one of those Rankas when I was 13. I recently rewatched Macross F and I actually like Sheryl better now. It might be because my tastes are different from when I was 13, but I actually find Ranka to be a bit annoying. Really cute still but definitely more annoying than I used to think she was.
>>
File: alto is best girl.jpg (91KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
alto is best girl.jpg
91KB, 500x313px
>>8959859
Yeah Macross F be like:

>Sheryl: "I'm dying of Space AIDs but my fans need me, the show must go on."
>Ranka: "I can't perform because I just have too many feels!"
>>
>>8959859
That's what happened to me! I like Sheryl more now! I still love Ranka's design a lot though.
>>
>>8959835
Why are you guys so salty though?
>>
>>8959839
I feel the same way about the taobao thing. Sewing an outfit and sharing tips and tricks is one of my favorite things about cosplaying. It creates a deeper connection than just being into the same series because you're also into the same hobbies, too,
>>
>>8959948
Because when there's a Love Live meet nobody cares that it isn't inclusive of other idols but when there's a meet that has all the little groups only, the Love Live fans shit themselves getting pissed that they can't invade it. We're salty because they are so autistic that they can't realize that they're a huge group and their presence ruins the intimacy of a smaller meet. And Love Live fans are just plain ignorant, too. They'll go to an idol meet not knowing any other idol show but Love Live while the little groups definitely know about Love Live. People who cosplay Love Live are on average more inexperienced and young cosplayers and are much harder for littler groups to relate to since you tend to have a much larger breadth of knowledge than with Love Live.
>>
Why can't we all just love each other? Are we seriously going to hate franchises because it has young fans? That's some "oh I don't like it because it's too popular" shit
>>
>>8959977
It's not hate, it's intolerance from both sides. It's perfectly reasonable reasons to come to dislike something. Please stop being a child.
>>
File: Kirarin.Revolution.full.24952.jpg (471KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kirarin.Revolution.full.24952.jpg
471KB, 1024x768px
>IM@S is better, the fans are less salty and there's better content!
>Nuh-uh! Love Live is better, IM@S fans are bitter and salty. Too many girls, nine are enough!
The general gist of the argument in this thread. Idol culture mang. Obviously, best idol anime is Kirarin Revolution. (It is cute and fun to watch, though.)
Let's just call it quits and say that both have their ups and downs. And about >>8959964 you don't have to be a general idol anime fan to be a Love Live fan. Same goes for IM@S. Not saying it's wrong to assume that's the case.
Also I've been wanting to cosplay either LL or IM@S for a while. I got my first SSR in CGSS and I'm feeling pumped to go for it. But being darker skinned - feels like I either go for Laila and Natalia from CG or no one from LL haha.
>>
>>8960001
Please do Layla she needs more love! What ssr did you get?
>>
>>8959964
I meant in general. Does all of your salt towards LL come from the baby fans?
>>
>>8960001
iM@S fans tend to be more self aware and much more aware of other series than Love Live fans in my experience and I'm a LL cosplayer. Pretty much no one wants to talk about other series but Love Live at the general idol meets I've been to which is pretty shitty. I feel for the iM@S people here especially since I've experienced it first hand with Love Live girls.
>>
>>8960001
I remember when I was a kid learning all the Kirarin songs and Koharu Kusumi stuff and there was absolutely nothing at the con UNTIL I saw a girl as I was leaving in her blue outfit and I was thoroughly surprised and so excited (I still am it's pretty much completely unheard of). She said that absolutely no one had recognized her and was happy that I did and I feel like I did a good deed that day. To this day, I haven't ever seen another cosplayer of her. If you're out there, I miss you.
>>
>>8960028
All fans are baby fans if they're in Love Live, anon. Find me a person who has been following it since its first appearance in Dengeki G's and I'll be convinced.
>>
>>8960006
I got Mayu's. I only rolled once and got her which was so crazy. I'd love to do Laila but I run the risk of not being recognizable lol.
>>
>>8960046
Nice, Mayu's SSR is really cute! And I wouldn't worry too much about darker skin, just cosplay your fav girl!
>>
>>8960040
I meant the underaged ones.
>>
>>8960074
Why would an adult ever like Love Live? That's the first mistake.
>>
File: 1442323090845.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1442323090845.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>8960078
>Why would an adult ever like Love Live? That's the first mistake.
>>
>>8960078
There's that salt again.
>>
File: f5f.jpg (19KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
f5f.jpg
19KB, 480x270px
>Mfw, this whole thread
>>
>>8960095
Idols are garbage but Love Live is the stinkiest garbage.
>>
>>8960109
>stinkiest

4chan is an 18+ board
>>
>>8960040
>hating on newbies because they are newbies

Now that's what I call being mature.
>>
>>8960119
Being a newbie doesn't give you a pass to be rude and shitty.
>>
>>8960118
Try harder.
>>
>>8960156
Sounds like its just a few people ruining hte whole experience.

How bad is it that my overall reaction is "At least it's not the Homestuck/Steven Universe/Hetalia fandom." I can deal with some teenagers being snippy and elitist but I feel like that's pretty mild compared to young cosplayers as a whole.
>>
>>8960171
Where I'm from, it's always been etiquette to at least know the name of other series in your photoshoots. The greater part of the Love Live fans don't even know other series that you're cosplaying from if they even acknowledge your existence. For example, the girl running the general idol photoshoot at a convention I went to (who you'd think would actually know other series) spent half an hour doing LL crap and when it go to the other series, she didn't even know more than the name of the series. She couldn't properly give everyone a chance even though she was supposed to be the coordinator which is selfish. It says something when the girl who is running things can't even recognize you.

I know it would be hard to understand since you're probably a LL cosplayer since your defending it so much, but there's just physically no way you could know from the other side. You're not the one experiencing it like so many other girls have which is obvious from the anger in this thread.
>>
>>8960184
This really isn't uncommon though I've been to Shonen Jump meetups where my series wasn't even called for group shots even though it's reasonaby popular an there were a lot of us and Ryōgo Narita meetups where Durarara completely dominated the Baccano! cosplayers where we had to leave and do our own thing. I don't really even bother with gatherings anymore unless it's for a really obscure series where I'm less likely to run into fellow fans in the halls. For the popular series the gatherings are just too big and I don't really care for all the group shots and random bs like you're talking about. It's always a real toss up whether the organizer is any good and if your series is going to get acknowledgement.

tldr; I'm sorry that gathering sucked for you but Con cosplay gatherings are generally terrible and LL vs other idols isn't unique

PS I haven't cosplayed LL yet but will be part of a large group in the works and I'm trying to convince them not to go to gatherings, at least on the days we're all together
>>
>>8960171
That seems like a minority, though. It's just flat-out stupid to hold a general idol meet if you only know LL. Just hold a formal LL meet.

Most of the older LL fans know this and at least acknowledge the other idol series, even if they're not into them.
At my last con, we had a general idol meet, but out of the ~20 people that turned up, only one wasn't LL. That wasn't a case of shutting people out, no one else just wanted to show up.
So we let her "crash" our photos and have fun with it. It was pretty great.

I know LL is trending which means all the dumb teens are jumping on it, but that happens with every fandom. Ever. You should at least know to ignore them or don't take their shit seriously. They'll move on in a few months.
>>
>>8960212
Meant to reply to >>8960184
>>
>>8959689
I'm not buttmad.

I'm just pointing out why I think Idolm@ster is just as bad when it comes to flat characters.
>>
>>8960256

To be fair to Im@s a lot of the 'personality' of the characters are in the console games which are totally fucked in terms of localisation and there is so much text and variation of who you pick for your units, you cant get a lot of translation either because aint nobody got time for that.
The anime wasn't up to scratch and to share out the amount of eps they had with the amount of girls they had (CG and 765Pro) you're not going to get a lot of meat out of them. 0048 had a similar problem which was why half the girls were dead weight and Sae who actually looked like she could be interesting was interpreted as a wet blanket then thrown aside. Kanata never gets a resolution to succeeding etc
>>
File: aidoru.png (644KB, 794x449px) Image search: [Google]
aidoru.png
644KB, 794x449px
I absolutely love the disconnect between the girls of Im@s and SideM even though it's the same franchise.

765 and CG be like
>We're all working really hard to be idols it's been our only dream forever!

SideM be like
>We quit our previously well established careers and became idols because reasons. It's easy right?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
For anyone that's arguing IdolM@ster is less pandering than Love Live keep in mind there was literally a game series that was nothing but fanservice
>>
>>8960454
None of those guys look appealing at all.
>>
File: Ensemble_Stars_Render_Full.png (593KB, 616x630px) Image search: [Google]
Ensemble_Stars_Render_Full.png
593KB, 616x630px
>>8960454
Speaking of male idols, does anyone play Ensemble Stars? I've been debating getting into it.
>>
>>8960456

All idols (series) pander to their fans, even real life ones. I don't get why this is even being used as an argument. At the end of the day the creators want your money and they're going to use sex appeal and self inserts if that's what gets the cash rolling in.
>>
>>8960456

The post at >>8956126 was trying to argue that LL was worse but it doesn't have a game dedicated entirely to the girls posing in bikinis and pjs. Yes I understand the point is moot otherwise.
>>
File: Macross-Delta-TV-Anime-Visual-02.jpg (376KB, 800x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Macross-Delta-TV-Anime-Visual-02.jpg
376KB, 800x1095px
>>8959801
I think anon is joking that "the future envisioned in AKB0048, wherein idols are banned by the government, will come true" rather than "the future of idol cosplay is people doing AKB0048."

Anyway, AKB0048 had a respectable cosplay showing in like 2013-14 when the costumes were easily accessible on Taobao, but it's dying down now.

>>8959839
I love Delta so far. Kaname is the only character who's ever inspired "I must be the first person to cosplay that!" in me, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because she's an idol in her 20s. I'm hoping to get some some groups together for summer cons.
>>
>>8960470
From what I know it's very story heavy game so unless you can moonrunes it might not be worth it. There's always the wiki translations I guess.
>>
File: IDOLiSH7.full.1980328.jpg (2MB, 1769x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IDOLiSH7.full.1980328.jpg
2MB, 1769x1000px
>>8960470
I recommend idolish7 if you're gonna play an idol game. The story translations are still in progress, but the music's really good, it's fully voiced, and the characters are all really endearing and quirky.
>>
>>8960503
*a male idol game, I mean.
>>
>>8958904
I feel like it happens a good amount, though, if not in the actual chapter stories, than definitely in the girl's solo cards. They're not blatant about the pandering like im@s (literally calling it, "affection max" with hearts everywhere when you achieve the highest bond), but the girls will have very similar scripts to recite to the player. Basically, it's weird to fault im@s for something that LL does as well.

>>8960046
Do Laila! You might not be super recognizable, but any real fan would recognize you at a con, and you can always post pictures online later.
>>
File: Shiki2_SR9+.jpg (118KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shiki2_SR9+.jpg
118KB, 640x800px
Back to cosplay, and relevant to male idols
Boots or dress shoes? Black or white?
>>
>>8960681
Black boots are probably what he's wearing here.
>>
File: clarices.png (3MB, 2397x600px) Image search: [Google]
clarices.png
3MB, 2397x600px
Which Clarice should I cosplay? I like them all but her nun outfit would be the most distinct, but also not at the same time since she's a nun, know what I mean?
>>
>>8960681
Whatever you can find and might use for a future cosplay. Alternatively try to find a niconico douga video with him in the outfit and see what the fan models have.
>>
I really need to find someone to cosplay I*Chu with me. It just seemed like it fell with my friends and they're interested in other things. Really want to cosplay Mio but not alone.
>>
>>8960693
I like the second one, but I love glitzy detail like that.
>>
>>8960766
It's very MMO looking.
>>
>>8960693
Tbh, Clarice would be hard to recognize.
1st - you will be mistaken for just a nun
2ND - very jrpg looking
3Rd - I wouldn't think of Clarice at all
4th and 5th - She looks like Saber here

Unless you go around with your eyes closed all the time it would be hard to recognize. I think the most recognizable is her Starlight Stage SR card desu
>>
The only thing I don't like about cinderella girls is the cards some of the younger idols have, like the bikini one for Kaoru who is like 9 years old.

It's just a bit too much for what I want to see in a cute idol game.
>>
>>8960979
Well her SS SR card is there.
>>
>>8960494
Jumping on the macross delta love, I really like all of walküre's idol outfits but rei (?), the green one is so cute and if I had a group I'd cosplay her.
>>
File: B9n9Y3wCEAAt-7Y.jpg (20KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
B9n9Y3wCEAAt-7Y.jpg
20KB, 600x338px
Friendly reminder Idolm@ster and LoveLive (and I think Akiatsu and Pripara too) are from the same fanchise.
The idol war only exists in your minds
>>
>>8960470
I play EnStars. I like it. I do know people who blow money on the diamonds. The game will give you the diamonds from playing but it takes time to build up enough to get cards. I would still recommend it to someone to check out.
>>
>>8961617
no they're not...
>>
File: EnStars.jpg (152KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
EnStars.jpg
152KB, 1000x563px
>>8960470
>>8961627
This is the home screen. The boys are really cute! Especially when they blush.
>>
>>8961417
meant the idolized one, should've specified
>>
File: Rin+Love+Live+Sega.png (279KB, 416x587px) Image search: [Google]
Rin+Love+Live+Sega.png
279KB, 416x587px
>>8961617
Love Live is Sega

Idolm@ster is Bandai

You're probably thinking of Lantis who producers music for both of them but they produce music for pretty much every popular group in Japan.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 320x320px
Sooooo tempted to get one of these starlight stage outfits, but I can't decide on a girl. I've got favorites in all of the types, but I'm leaning toward passion.

If I could actually sew I'd love to do some of the idolized versions of cards, maybe one day.
>>
>>8961729
Buddy, Lantis (and Sunrise) are Bamco subsidiaries.

The following Idol shows all have some affiliation with Bamco
Lovedol
Love Live
Idolmaster
Aikatsu
Dream Festival
Idolish 7
Omega Quintet
>>
>>8960693
I think the 2 and 3rd would be best as they are the most idolish looking. 2 is great because she actually is holding a mic so even people who do not know the series will at least know you not some random girl in lolita or some random rpg character.
>>
>>8961617
I much prefer Love Live over Idolm@ster but honestly I think the idol war thing is bullshit. They even had a collaboration concert at one point (Which enraged a few Idolm@ster fans for some reason).

That being said, Love Live is definitely more popular in Japan and especially the west. I can't speak for Japan but it's not hard to figure out why Love Live is more popular in the west.

For western Love Live fans who don't want to use fansubs there's plenty of options

> Season 1 and 2 can both be watched on Crunchyroll, can also be bought
> Movie will come out in June, was screened with subtitles worldwide last year
> Here in Australia you can watch both seasons dubbed and subbed on Animelab
> Aforementioned English dub included with releases makes it all the more accessible
> In addition their music can be legally bought straight from NISA
> Mobile rhythm game has official English translation

Even if you want to go the extra mile and import the Japanese Blu-rays also have English subtitles

As for Idolm@ster fans who don't want to import or use illegal methods

> If you live in America you can watch the original series on Crunchyroll
> But it's region locked everywhere else
> You can watch Cinderella Girls on Daisuki (P-People actually use Daisuki r-right?)
> You can't watch the movie at all without fansubs
> You can buy Xenoglossia and Puchim@s in barebones subtitled DVD only sets (Y-Yay)
> You can't buy either of the main anime adaptations
> You can't buy any of the games
> You can't buy their music
> There is no English dub and there likely never will be

While I'm on that topic, what was the reason behind the Idolm@ster games not being released over here again? I'm pretty sure there was some sort of explanation.
>>
>>8958941
Bro, the SIF self insert is a girl. Multiple normal and muse character stories confirm it.
>>
>>8964257
Eh, daisuke content is on Hulu, so that is mainstream
>>
>>8964375

That and y'know. What would a guy be doing in an all girls school?
>>
>>8964257
I think Love Live also might be more popular because of the focus on girls, friendship and reaching their goals.
That's why I liked it personally. I tried to get into idolm@ster but the focus on other things simply made the show unenjoyable for me and when I watched Love Live I understood the craze about it all.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.