[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 37

File: 3633453.png (579KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
3633453.png
579KB, 600x400px
Old thread: >>8915279

Any gulls who are full time lolitas? I'm interested in hearing about it.
>which style(s) do you wear?
>how does your direct environment (school, work, town) react?
>how do you conquer heat, cold, rain?
>how many main pieces do you own?
>general tips and tricks to pull it off?
>>
>>which style(s) do you wear?
Very simple sweet and oldschool mostly
>>how does your direct environment (school, work, town) react?
I left college a few months ago but I studied digital design, most people were weirdos so nobody really cared. Who'd look at the girl in a frilly skirt when there's people walking around in dinosaur kigurumis?
>>how do you conquer heat, cold, rain?
Heat by wearing thin OPs and flats, cold by wearing velvet, lots of layers and a wool coat, rain by prayer.
>>how many main pieces do you own?
Somewhere around 25-30 I think, with the majority being wearable daily. I think I only have around 5 dresses I consider too OTT for daily wear.
>>general tips and tricks to pull it off?
Give up on the rules. I tried following them when I started wearing them daily but there comes a point when you get tired of ironing blouses or getting blisters from plastic shoes + a heavy bag. My usual daily outfits consists of a black t-shirt, black skirt or JSK, small hairbow, lace tights and dr. Marten-ish boots. Would land me in the ita thread immedeately if I'd post it anywhere, but it was comfy and at least somewhat cute.
>>
Classic bordering on gothic sometimes
Mormons love lolita because it's modest so I don't get too much negative attention.
It's pretty much always cold here so I have to layer.
three jsk's, two skirts, 1 op
IDK it's all just trial and error. I spend a LOT of time looking at other peoples coords.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 341x353px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 341x353px
>>8923332
You're a full time lolita with 6 main pieces?
>>
>>8923194
Does gather chiffon have any give AT ALL? I have an 88cm bust and a 72cm waist and I want it so bad, but I'd really hate myself if I bought it only to have it not fit. Ugh
>>
>>8923367
Chiffon isn't stretchy at all, so no.
>>
>>8923367

None at all. Gathered Chiffon usualy has a 68cm waist. You need to be under that 68cm if you want to fit it, unless you get it altered.
>>
>>8923367
I think it has enough to go to 70 cm personally if you don't tie the front much but it isn't roomy and had no shirring. I do know someone who got it altered to fit and that worked out fine
>>
>>8923367
Depends on which release you own because some are bigger than others. But to be honest, the dress fit me fine when I was a little bigger than you so I'd say to buy it.
>>
>>8923194
You should have made a separate thread. Now the general will be clogged with people answering your survey instead of being for more general discussion.
>>
>>8923338
not them but
>capsule wardrobes
>>
Does anyone else get annoyed when someone comments things like "That's expensive" or "I think that will be expensive" on Lolita Updates or even on things for sale in sales comms? It especially bothers me when it's like a $75 Taobao dress. Like what? Yes Lolita is expensive. Stop shitting up threads with this crap.

I'm not talking about people actually discussing prices or comparing (this is more expensive than the last release etc) just the people complaining about a price tag.
>>
>>8923367
nope and it tears easily.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458608614255.jpg (338KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458608614255.jpg
338KB, 1536x2048px
Looking like Magical Theater is one releasing tomorrow. I looked at it a little too long that I really like it. However, it also looks like a Taobao design
>>
>>8923490
God damn it I keep reading that as "Holy Cheater."
>>
classic, gothic, otome
I wear otome to work and most people don't care apart from the occasional friendly old lady comment... so yeah everyone's pretty chill. I save lolita for the weekends and even then nobody seems to care.
I wear short sleeved chiffon OP's and flats when it's extremely hot. When it's cold I wear whatever dress I want and just add more layers. When it's raining I wear less expensive items because I don't want them to get dirty.
60-70
Learn what suits your body shape, learn to coord and match colours and tones, invest in basics. Buy more casual stuff for daily wear, save the fancy dresses for the weekend.
>>
>>8923490
Looks busy as fuck. At least the OP cut hides most of it making it look alright, but the black JSK looks gross.
>>
Toned-down sweet, classic/sweet and otome.
I work a forty-hour week in a warehouse, so they don't see me in lolita at all because it'd be ridiculously impractical. My town is usually pretty chill, people are usually nice.
It's cold and raining a lot here, so I invest in brand coats to match the main colours in my wardrobe (though I need a new brown one.) and carry an umbrella. I also wear cardigans and stuff a lot for warmth, and those big stupid furry AP mittens.
About twenty or so.
Stop worrying so much about other people, it'll give you wrinkles. Dress well, present yourself nicely, and if you don't want concrit, don't post outfit photos. Wear clothes that fit. Don't wear things you know are gonna make you miserable or uncomfortable; if it's freezing out, and your coord would be so perfect with ankle socks, suck it up and wear tights or OTKs instead. Blue-grey, frostbitten legs are not kawaii.
>>
Old school and simple classic-sweet
They either don't say aything and just move on or say I'm cute/that my dresses look like a doll's.
Heat: Skirts. Short sleeves, cotton and chiffon, a hand fan. Alternatively, JSK with no blouse and a lace capelet to cover my shoulders.
Oh fuck, I've never counted them. Over 10, for sure. Got five more on the way.
Get a fashion sense. I saw a gull say lolitas usually can't dress themselves out of lolita, and that fashionable people don't wear lolita because of the lack of creative space, but if you understand how fashion works in the actual world you can open many doors in lolita.
Keep in mind, I mean a GOOD fashion sense, not following new trends and whatever "style" is in. Be versatile.
>>
>>8923490
I really like this, but at this point all of AP is starting blur together into the same design? Although I;m glad to see two newish jsk cuts.
>>
>>8923526
>Learn what suits your body shape, learn to coord and match colours and tones, invest in basics. Buy more casual stuff for daily wear, save the fancy dresses for the weekend.

This is me right now, I'm trying to slow down impulsively buying dresses I fall in love with and work on basic pieces. I also want to be more of a casual daily wearer but find even the most simple dress can end up being too fancy, what's a good brand to go with?
>>
So I've lost a bit of weight and its gotten to the point that my dresses and skirts are too big. A lot of them are AatP, so the "corset lacing" is decorative rather than functional. What's the least invasive way of making them fit better? I've debated just taking the shirring in on a couple of them, or maybe darts.

My biggest worry is my Mozarabic Chant skirt, it's the larger size and the only way I can see to alter it is to completely take it apart (and I can't see anyone trading for the smaller size). Ideas?
>>
anyone else feeling kind of 'bleh' when it comes to lolita lately?
>many sales are bad/slow/not moving
>newer AP designs all blending together
>AP not even selling out like usual, when even was the last bloodbath?
>Baby sticking to the same stuff, no hype for their releases either since Favorite Ribbon/Sweet Devil rereleases, which were a while ago
>Innocent World who?
>Meta is Meta
>not many videos being uploaded lately
>tumblr tags are slow
>not many events/lolita cons going on at all
>basically everything is slow/boring
i get that it's spring break in the US or shit but why is it like this everywhere on the internet?
>>
>>8923426
This

Or when people post asking if there are updates or if it's been released already. If people knew and they wanted to post, they'd have posted already dumb bitches, or do your own research
>>
>>8923367
It might fit, depending on the release. I have one that was supposed to be 68cm waist but my waist is probably closer to 70cm, possibly a bit more, and it fits fine. Probably wouldn't fit any bigger, though, without starting to look lIke you squeezed yourself in.
>>
Sweet/mature sweet

I don't work so. My town seems fine. I get a lot of compliments from strangers.

Doesn't rain much, but I love lolita in the cold, it's the best fashion for layering. I'm working on hot weather coords. Cutsew dresses, OPs, cage petti, etc

15ish. I'm not sure exactly.

Don't do OTT. Learn to style your own hair and always act like you own the place if you're nervous.
>>
>>8923490
I don't know anon, it's just fabric pieces. I was under the impression they show those a lot earlier than the release date.
>>
>>8923674
I sorta agree but I think the only reason AP isn't having bloodbaths is because they increased their stock by a lot. About time honestly.
>>
File: Ank Rouge shoes 2.png (1MB, 992x1474px) Image search: [Google]
Ank Rouge shoes 2.png
1MB, 992x1474px
Does anyone know where I can get shoes like these? I already know what brand these are but they're no longer on the site, so does anyone know a shop that sells similar looking (but not Bordello)?
>>
>>8923490
>>
>>8923787
>>
File: P12OJ207-wg.jpg (135KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P12OJ207-wg.jpg
135KB, 480x640px
What a fucking mess, I love me some religious motifs but this is just ugly af.
>>
>>8923796
tf...
>>
>>8923796
Yeah I hate this. It's like baked sweets parade in that it looks like a taobao design. Is there a new designer or something? None of AP's releases this year have impressed me so far. Are they struggling for creativity right now because that would explain all the rereleases.
>>
File: 84ad416f.jpg (100KB, 761x1024px) Image search: [Google]
84ad416f.jpg
100KB, 761x1024px
sweet, fairy, otome, classic
Nothing. I work in a big city, creative ad agency job, no one cares. It's just cool fashion. Plus it's less strange than some of the trends I see at work...
Layer appropriately, wear good shoes. Don't buy brand shoes.
60-65 main pieces, a lot of them machine washable. I have only 2 OTT pieces.
You're wearing lolita brands, but not lolita rules. You can't do petticoats and round toe shoes, it's not work appropriate. No one can call you an ita, unless you HAVE TO take that photo of yourself in flip flops and Moitie to the grocery.

Also invest in cardigans and cutsews. Blouses are normally too fussy for work, especially with all that detailing.

>>pic related
>>normal workwear without crazy wig
>>
>>8923787
>>8923796
I think the animal designs are really cute by themselves but I hate the rest of the dress.
>>
>>8923796
>crosses on the dress

MOTHERFUCKER KNOCK THIS SHIT OFF. EVERY FUCKING CUTE PRINT GOD DAMN
>>
>>8923980
Which of your dresses would you consider the most casual, do you have a goto?
>>
>>8923421
OP had discussion starters up until I made the general a few weeks ago after shitposters killed it. Most people don't bother to read the thread anyway, after about 45-50 responses no one will reply to OP except a handful of people
>>
>>8923987
I think this is an Easter print though, it actually makes sense for once. It is fucking hideous, though
>>
>>8923674
AP prints are super repetitive, baby is releasing ugly stuff that is so far away from lolita's roots it looks like a costume, and has gone way up in price, IW is recycling copy-paste print templates of dresses that are already simple to begin with...
But meta is doing good things, anon. I have loved every single print besides DDG lately. Brick house is gorgeous, the new nautical stuff is to die for, dozing cat was a frustrating bloodbath, etc. Meta is so much more lolita to me at this point than the other brands
>>
>>8923367
Nope, but some of the larger Gather Chiffon releases may fit you.

>>8923674
I'm kinda glad, my wallet is pretty empty since I had a big run of releases I loved at the end of last year.

>>8923817
The fuck is that
>>
>>8923684
The million "anybody know when this will be released????" questions for AP releases.
Nobody. fucking. knows.
If it's in that month's Kera, maybe that month, otherwise sometime that season. But even the shop staff don't know until the week of. Annoys the hell out of me.
>>
File: jyu.png (231KB, 540x305px) Image search: [Google]
jyu.png
231KB, 540x305px
>mfw I'm waiting for AP to release something nice again

Fall/winter will be jewel tones and tartans, right?
>>
>>8923965
Honestly I think what they are doing is only the logical conclusion of the recent hypes they had. Everything remotly gothicy was a bloodbath, as well as the cute prints getting a new high. Fantastic Carnival for example went really well if I remeber right. Not to mention the popularity of chiffon and overlays. AP is basically mashing together their most popular elements and try creating something new with letting the current season influence it. In the end nothing new on APs end as they always did this until people got sick of trends.
>>
classic, gothic, casual and otome
I live in the capital city, everyone is used to seeing weird people around, so no biggie here. Can't wear my stuff to work, because it would get dirty, but my colleagues know I wear lolita and are excited and want to see pics when I get new dresses. At university I am known to be that frilly one, nobody ever gave shit to me for it.
By wearing appropriate clothing. I own several coats fit for the cold weather of my country and use layering in winter, in summer I sometimes ditch the blouses or go for light lace cardigans. Ankle socks are my best friends. As for rain, I own pretty umbrellas.
about 60, most of them rather casual
Don't give a shit about other people's opinions, especially those who have no clue about lolita and think you're weird..
Don't force yourself to wear full lolita everyday, it's ok to ditch the petticoat and use a normie bag. Just don't post pictures online and you will be fine. Or, before taking an outfit shot, just throw on a petticoat and appropriate shoes and change in you comfy ones afterwards.
>>
Gothic, punk, sweet
Neutral to well, mostly. I get occasional negative reactions, but the good far outweigh them.
Heat - wear light OPs and hardcore parasol use
Cold - coat and layers
Rain - die
About 25 currently. I keep trying to downsize but I always end up back around that number.
I usually only wear one light petti. I have a huge stash of black tights because they're comfy, easy to wear, and go with almost everything I own. I have a lot of shoes, but I have one particular comfy pair that go with all of my non-flashy pieces. Dresses with pockets are key.
>>
Gothic.
Mostly favourably but I don't give a fuck if someone says something rude or clueless.
Dress appropriately. Parasols, lolita unbrellas, chiffon for summer... you get the idea.
50-60. Unsure of the exact number.
Wear lolita however you like but don't cause a drama llama stampede if you post a rulebreaking coordinate photo to an online comm.
>>
>>8923194

Sweet and Classic
Mostly stares, I think a lot of people I know are used to it by now. I still don't like people taking photos of me.
It's mostly cold but I just layer up. Lolita is so easy to keep warm in.
About 30. I like to have a few more casual pieces than OTT.
Keep it simple. Don't over think it. Just stick with the main parts and add a small amount of accessories. You'll be way more comfortable.
>>
>>8923674
I really don't care if people (including myself) can finally get prints, but the bloodbath's made the print really feel wanted, and if i was able to get anything from it, I felt like a victor.

Now there are no more bloodbath's, all the prints are bleh. I've only bought from one AP release this year.

I have no clue what Baby / AATP is even doing.

On the plus side, I've been able to save money and focus on getting older prints that I've wanted for awhile.
>>
>>8923566
Innocent World and Victorian Maiden are good for casual lolita. If you are into gothic, Moitie's solid item can also work.

Otome-wise I like a mix of Fint, Axes Femme and Jane Marple. Leur Getter and ETC to a letter extent because most of their stuff tends to be too sweet for my taste.
>>
Has cgl toned way the hell down? A bunch of you are giving tips that would have had people screaming "ita!" in the past. Where are all of you bitches crying about how much the silhouette matters and that you can wear dresses how you like as long as you don't call it lolita?
>>
>>8923984
Same. I have an immense weakness for lambs so I'm tempted but I don't think I'd wear this more than once.
>>
>>8924286
what are you even talking about, holy shit
>>
Is everyone getting ready for the Cardcaptor Sakura x BTSSB collab?
>>
>>8924339
source???
>>
>>8924343
http://natalie.mu/comic/news/180615
>>
>>8924349
Thanks! But is there any information on the specific items that will be released? Any pictures or sizing info?
>>
>>8924349
Oh no. I'll probably just buy this on principal. I need more magical girl x brand collabs.
>>
>>8924286

Lolita silhouette...

You can wear whatever clothes you like.
>>
>>8923674
>>basically everything is slow/boring
Ugh i feel the same. I really miss when livejournal was still really active,more comms and not just fb groups, i'm talking stuff like gtfoegl,wtfburando,angrylace,...
"new" lolita is so utterly boring, all i do lately is sigh over old lolita blogs (skyrock/skyblog for french lolitas, livejournals, blogsposts...)
>>
I don't know anymore... I feel like lolita is dying, everything is so boring, communities are restricted to facebook groups and lolita is more shallow than before. Even blogs, it seems like they're just trying to sell you something and i just don't get enjoyment out of reading. Blogs are dead anyway with instagram now. Dead or barely updated.
Old lolita had a more "romantic" appeal to it, something special, it feels like it's gone now.
I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel so sad,bored,...
I wish it was 2010 again
>>
>>8923817
And then there is me, who absolutely loves this. Sorry for my unabashedly bad taste in trash, but I love my trash.
>>
>>8924113
Is it best to wait for those seasons if your primary color is navy?
>>
>>8924305
I'm talking about the number of girls saying they don't wear petticoats or do blatantly ita things like shoe choices and everyone itt is just giving it a pass and not even saying "that's not really lolita". I don't care and am actually kind of relieved by it, I'm just wondering why I've seen girls torn apart for mentioning this shit in the past and no one's said a word here. It's a little weird compared to the cgl I've always known is all I'm saying, chill girl
>>
>>8924400
I see a lot of people saying things like this but it seems like they aren't making an effort to actually bring these things back? Maybe start your own blog and through it encourage others to make one as well, maybe starting topics wherever you can other than cgl about the aspects of lolita you found "romantic" there are probably others who feel the same way!
I mean I know its more complicated to do than I'm making it sound but how can you expect a change if you don't get the ball rolling, yknow?

I wasn't into lolita in 2010 but I wish I was, I wish the current community had the same type of discussion topics and feelings about lolita that I've been seeing people reminisce about and I see when reading through old blogs. I'm almost upset I missed out on it. People definitely valued lolita a lot differently and I relate so much to them..
>>
>>8924439
Actually i'm feeling so depressed i can't even bother doing that
>>
>>8924439
I sort of feel like cgl's attitude has killed some of this? I don't know how wide this reaches, but if a lolita doesn't look a certain way, any of her romanticising of the fashion gets mocked. There are some people here who complain about others in their comm trying to start discussions because they didn't do it in a way anon approves of and it becomes "cringey". I don't know, I just feel like it's hard to maintain these gentler aspects of the fashion and related interests when there are so many people waiting for their next chance to be catty about the littlest thing.
>>
>>8924339
And where the fuck is my lolita brand X Sailor Moon collab?!?!??!
>>
>>8924463
>tfw an Utena collab will never happen
I don't care if it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen, I would buy it in every cut and colorway.

Fingers crossed for your SM collab, anon. Some of us should be free of this pain.
>>
>>8924451
Aw I'm sorry anon, I know how that is. You could try keeping a notebook with you and just scribble down any thoughts you have during the day and transfer them online when you have the energy? Initiation is always the hardest part but if you get started and keep going with it you might find that being passionate about something again will help you a little bit.
Anyways I hope you can feel better soon!
>>
>>8924461
it is exactly this attitude that /cgl/ is filled with that squashed any form of creativity

which is ironic because Lolita is supposed to be an out there fashion, but it's filled with cunts who will screech and throw a bitch fit if the rules are bent just a little
>>
>>8924461

It doesn't help that people who have tried to make the fashion 'nicer' have been narcissistic hypocrites, and others have been chased off too.
>>
>>8924355
Please use google translate on the article. And if you have to ask about sizing, you're probably too fat
>>
>>8923674
Amen anon, especially AP's new items. I usually love AP but the last months were and still are boring about new prints. I want plainer items not stuff that would just gather dust in my wardrobe. It make me switch to otome for real, because i hardly wear anything full lolita, just otome everyday or plan to use my AP cutsews with plain pleated skirts.
>>8923786
Sauce about OP dress?It's from Aliexpress?
>>8923796
UGH why mixing crosses with fucking cute lambs?Give me back the old AP prints i loved so much not this taobao shit.
>also that overdress thing so tacky
>>8924400
I know anon, i feel the same. I started just few years ago because i didn't have money to spend for lolita and now i have the money it makes me switch to something different from lolita, i want blogs with content not just pictures of fancy meets.
>>
File: tumblr_mrsn2uxfYJ1re0c97o1_400.gif (451KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrsn2uxfYJ1re0c97o1_400.gif
451KB, 400x319px
>>8924466
Thank you anon that's super sweet. Nah the thing is, i actually only began wearing lolita again this year, i was a lolita at 14,loved it so much,only had bodyline and F+F but yeah. It was around 2011-2012. Things were active everything seemed so exciting (even though even back then i've never liked being "in communities" but i would lurk on LJ and read blogs).
Then i had my teenage identity crisis including fakeboi times and trying other styles.
Now i'm 19,feeling a bit better with myself,bought my first brand pieces including a dream dress from my 14yo self (dreamy dollhouse). Three main pieces hanging in my closet. Yet i just can't even bear to wear it?
Yesterday i've tried on my first full outfit since so many years but i felt...nothing.

I just feel so bored and done with everything and yet i know i started the fashion again because i still love it but that "spark" is like..gone. I just wish life was more exciting...

Sorry i turned this into a feel post
>>
>>8924461
Weren't there a lot of catty girls back then too though? I don't think there's any way to avoid those types of people and if they're getting upset about other lolitas enjoying and discussing things that kind of used to go hand in hand with lolita or even things connected with its roots (like the rebellious princess someone mentioned) they obviously aren't in the fashion for the same reason which I think might take the edge off of any rude things they have to say... Maybe? I mean I definately don't want to be mocked and made fun of but I also don't want to have the fun of something I enjoy kind of taken away because someone else can't just mind their own business. I don't know if I'm making any sense honestly.
Maybe with bringing back the more gentle aspects of the fashion it will encourage even a little part if the community to be more gentle as well? Or maybe I have a little too much faith haha
>>
>>8924465
Thank you, anon. I hope someday you'll get your Utena collab. It did have a little resurgence in the last couple years (some exhibitions and such) so maybe there's a chance! I'd like to see IW x Utena personally
>>
>>8924461
>>8924478
Lolitas used to be wayyyy meaner. Even Princess Skye had her catty moments like when she called all of egl "ogres"
>>
>>8924477
Oh I understand.. I'm probably stating the obvious but if you really aren't feeling anything about the things you like anymore you should seek help. It could also be that you love the idea of lolita but not on yourself, but if you've been depressed generally definitely try and get some help! I hope you can figure things out and feel that spark again soon, best of luck!!
>>
>>8924478
No, I totally understand what you are saying. I'm sure there have always been catty girls, but I'm not sure exactly how much of an impact they had on the community aspect of the fashion over time. I definitely agree with not wanting to let someone who's in the fashion for a different reason ruin my fun, but I'm not sure how many girls have hesitated to put themselves out there in any great capacity for fear of being ridiculed, even if their intentions are just to share those sweet moments with others who can relate. You know? I do hope alongside you that we can continue to bring some of those nicer things out more, though!
>>
>>8924400
Every time this discussion starts the only thing I want to say is that you're idolizing past that was shitty. There was never kind /cgl/, just like there were never quality discussions on /a/. Lolita community at the moment is more accepting than it used to be about a decade ago. There's a reason why we're not longing after the namefaggot time of /cgl/.

I second what >>8924439 said: there are people who view past with rose-colored lenses. Go have fun with them. There are lifestyle lolita threads every now and then.
>>
I think theres too many releases now, its too easy to get a hold of. Lolita Updates is fucking cluttered. And if brand doesn't tickle your fancy, so much affordability on taobao.
That might tarnish its specialness for some, but here's me loving the secondhand market, items I could only dream of from the early days to be got at normfag prices at auction. Am delighted to be able to afford being a daily lolita, there really is room for everyone in the fashion.
>>
>>8924564
I feel the same way. I enjoy the fashion a lot more now that it is just less stressful to obtain. I can fill out my wardrobe all over, and get my hands on species through the second hand market.
>>
>>8924564
LU is cluttered mostly because people post updates of all those fucking Taobao brands though. When people only posted about the well-known ones the updates weren't as daily. In terms of brand and indie releases the number is still the same. I do agree however, if you don't want brand for whatever reason there's a million taobao brands to go to.
>>
>>8924461
I blame /cgl/'s obsession for thinking e-fame Lolita's are always asking for it. There's a difference between someone interesting and someone who's a snowflake. Lolita is the most venomous towards anything that could be considered the latter and often confuse the two.

I assume it's hard for these more delicate types, who are probably very romantic, to stand up against so much scathing that goes on here and on cow. Can you really blame those girls when they're especially held under a magnifying glass compared to non-lifestyles? I feel like some lolitas are drooling drama whores just waiting for girls to trip up. A lifestyle blog is bound to be flowery and nonsensical. I feel like there's need to be a more accepting attitude towards that in Lolita for it to grow.
>>
>>8924472
Shut up.
>>
>>8924630
4chan is +18 anon
>>
>>8924339
I've never bought firsthand from BtSSB. For collab releases, do they have a limited MTO or an MTO that runs between certain dates?
>>
>>8924286
>>8924438
It's because we're talking about wearing the fashion practically and everyday/daily as opposed to creating the perfect coord for a brand tea party, and notice that a lot of posters here have put the caveat that those are not the outfits you want to be posting online/for concrit. Also everyone online has swung so far towards posting only meetup and con ready outfits, cgl has got mad rose tinted nostalgia for the daily stuff that used to get posted and was pretty rule breaking.
>>
>>8924052
>>8923684

See, I would ask when it would be released just to continue seeing comments. I used to like something but it didn't work.

However, I really don't understand the people who bitch about the price. They should be well aware how expensive this hobby is
>>
File: tumblr_lxn8byijda1r24oloo1_400.jpg (29KB, 269x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxn8byijda1r24oloo1_400.jpg
29KB, 269x500px
>>8923999

I have an old ETC cutsew jsk in red with a very subtle heart print and giant pockets, it's probably the most normalfag thing ever.

I fell in love with it after I saw someone on daily_lolita wear it when I was still a n00b and didn't know what otome was

>>pic related
>>tfw when all the lolita idols are gone
>>
Simple goth, both newschool and oldschool.
Most of my teachers thought it was just me sewing my own clothes/thrifting vintage until a friend of mine who'll enroll next year visited the school on a kind of promotional evening to show of the school ("There are more who dress like you?"). During the winter half of the year I'm ignored by the general public since my coat is plain black. During summers I'm a weird goth whom people whistle after.
Good outerwear. I have to battle everything from +30C to -30C. F+F coat, plain but elegant boots and thermo tights in the winter, thin nylon socks and chiffon during summer.
8, I wear the same 5-6 mainpieces every week...
Be patient! Only do it if you truly love it! Don't force yourself! Plain toned down pieces are your best friend, don't be afraid to use plain tights/(elegant and fitting) shoes/outerwear from local stores if they fit the silhouette. You don't need to wear your biggest pettis, 50 bows in your hair, high heels if you don't want to etc.
>>
>>8924430

Pretty sure Dream Marine was a summer print though, as were a handful of chiffon dresses.
>>
File: 017.png (1MB, 755x1200px) Image search: [Google]
017.png
1MB, 755x1200px
>>8924339
>I want to
But it's gonna be shit and I can't handle that
>>
>>8923817
I really loved the embroidery (or embroidery pattern?) but the cut for this whole series is so so ugly
>>
File: utena print.png (965KB, 1333x666px) Image search: [Google]
utena print.png
965KB, 1333x666px
>>8924465
Weep for what could have been anon
>>
>>8924486
Skye was a bit of a nutcase though.
>>
>>8924716
I am aware. I'm just saying that even when talking about daily practical wear, I've seen gulls lose their shit over the same things and we surprised to see none of that here. That's all. That latter half of your comment was more what I was looking for, an explanation, and thank you for that input. Makes sense.
>>
>>8924840
Literally not a day goes by that I don't think of this.
>>
>>8923796

I'm so disappointed.

How to design a fucking awful dress, tutorial by AP
> add some cute animals and fill the print with them.
> no matter how the objects are placed
> add more cute animals
> fill blank spaces with random stuff
> add some crosses because no reason
> cover everything with a tacky peace of chiffon
> let them fight for it
>>
>>8924339
fucking shit
right when i was agreeing there were no hyped releases recently, this happens
>TAKE MY MONEY, BABY
>>
>>8923779
>because they increased their stock by a lot.
is there proof of this?
>>
>>8924339
its gonna look horrible. btssb always fucks these up
>>
File: btssb kuragehime op.jpg (95KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
btssb kuragehime op.jpg
95KB, 480x640px
>>8925062
not always.
>rerelease of this one fucking when? never
the Kagerou Project collab op from not long ago was all right too, it was pretty accurate to that character's dress.
>>
How do you buy from violet blue? Tenso?
>>
File: 1440282148033.jpg (459KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1440282148033.jpg
459KB, 1280x1280px
>>8923674
>>8924478
>>8924504
>>8924564
>>8924810

You guys know wtf is missing from the community?

>drama

It really brought us all together, and entertained us imo.
>>
>>8925153
I think drama is the cancer of lolita even if I enjoy some of it. Anytime I have ever mentioned lolita to someone who actually knows vaguely something about it, the first comment is that it's way too dramatic and lolitas are questionable. These three were honestly not even that interesting, Kate in particular.
>>
>>8925202
this
(you know... honestly instead of dumb e-famers i'd much rather waste energy hating on people like the AM heads or certain notable recent scammers)
>>
>>8925073
Everyone thought this was fucking ugly when it was released. Like honey cake, it's become much more popular over time
>>
>>8924691
Collab releases are often a regular release/set amount, but they're typically not available to overseas customers due to licensing.
>>
>>8925210
Cough cough...chokelate...cough cough
Just give the people their goddamn wigs already
>>
>>8925153
I think it's kinda funny how Isaki is the only one who's been able to stand the heat. I mean, she still does lolita and I think she still makes videos right? The other two eventually jumped ship.
>>
File: tear_down_this_wig.jpg (34KB, 335x500px) Image search: [Google]
tear_down_this_wig.jpg
34KB, 335x500px
>>8925238
for you anon
>>
>>8925283
Beautiful, that file name kek

On a serious note what has happened about that? I used to have a giant crush on her before I heard anything about her as a person, and now I can't stand her after hearing about the wigs and her shitty service, and how she is just so uncaring. She seems so entitled, whining about her aspergers and john being a scammer and then scamming loads of people herself. My theory is that theres been no major shit about it because she's got good looks and nice coords. Prove me wrong gulls, but she's funding her wardrobe with your stolen wig bucks.

I still demand an explanation and I know this bitch used to trip here. Miss choke give us our wigs.

>didn't even order a wig
>just can't stand scammers
>>
>>8925216
yeah but that's the point, you may end up falling for it over time
>>
>>8925320
>whining about her aspergers
god fucking dammit, it's people like her that give (us good aspies) a bad name and make us ashamed of our condition
why am i not surprised she's using it as an excuse
>>
>>8925283
Top fucking kek. For real though, if cgl can come together to bitch about AM and other shady shit, choke needs to be next. She has scammed too many people with her overpriced trash for too long. I want to call her out on her IG and FB for her bullshit so potential clientele can see.
>>
>>8924832
Which manga is this from?
>>
>>8925328
If she can't handle it from a disability perspective, if she's actually struggling due to her Asperger's, then maybe trying to run this business isn't the right thing for her to be doing. I agree, her whinging (along with annoying supposedly self diagnosed aspies) gives it a bad name. I have a few aspie friends, who are wonderful people.
>>
>>8925238
or the dresses they try and buy off lacemarket...
>>
>>8923817
This would be a cute skirt
>>
>>8925374
More scamming?
Anon please spill these beans, the more proof we have about her, the better
>>
>>8924955
Same, someone do something about this pain

>>8925350
Some generic look shoujo about a little sister learning to step out of her hot big sister's shadow. It's on kissmanga so good luck
>>
>>8925380
not that anon, but I'm pretty sure there's some negative/neutral feedback or something on her account where people said it was a pain in the ass to try and get her to ship their items.

someone feel free to correct me or add on
>>
>>8925384
Checked her LM, says no negatives, 8 positives
>>
>>8923194
They just look like a crazy polygamist amish family. I don't get it.
>>
>>8924339
I'm so thrilled! My only concern is not finding a SS to get it for me.
>>
>>8925406
mte. i emailed CT not long after the post went up but haven't gotten an answer yet, so i'm a bit worried.
>>
>>8925421
PSA
>>
>>8925153
I am inclined to agree. I started coming here in like 2009/2010 and the drama threads were really fun. I don't really care that it's petty or whatever, I had s good time with you gulls
>>
What's the word on Lief these days? Their new sailor dress is calling me, but it's been a couple years since I bought from them.
>>
>>8925425
tfw HL is finally gonna ship soon
>>
>>8924465
Utena print is my dream! I content myself with getting other prints with shadow people on them in the meantime.
>>
>>8925350
I found it anon, it's called Sugar Soldier. Enjoy.
>>
File: 1439706922644.jpg (64KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1439706922644.jpg
64KB, 640x640px
>>8925457
toppest kek
>>
File: SaintTwerk.gif (812KB, 144x192px) Image search: [Google]
SaintTwerk.gif
812KB, 144x192px
>>8925465
Different anon, but thank you!
>>
>>8925457
Yeah they have already started to pop up on auctions
>>
>>8923490
If they release it, it'll be on Saturday, not fucking Wednesday.
>>
>>8925421
I feel like I found out about it too late...
just when I thought there was no downside to my workout routine comes the update with +300 likes
fml
>>
>>8925059
No proof, but generally the Japanese like pastel vomit more than we do and Magical princess or whatever it was called felt barely touched. Charlottes bear took a while to sell out, and I thought that would have been a blood bath, that cross Mary print was hit and miss for a lot of us, but it probably had enough popularity to sell out within a week. Unless China or Japan has boycotted AP, it really feels like they've increased their stock. Time will tell when the marine themed prints come out I suppose. There's a lot of hype for those if I recall correctly.
>>
>>8925677
Woah there. The previous anon was probably talking about the release notice, which are posted on Wednesdays
>>
Clobba shipped my skirt on March 2nd and it left China on the 12th. USPS tracking page says "USPS tracking is unavailable for this product from China" so my last update is the one on the Chinese tracking site that says it left the country. Is USPS going to blow me off if I call about this package? If it doesn't show up by the end of the month I'm not sure what else to do. For me, air mail has never been unavailable for USPS tracking and has never taken this long except this one time, but I'm probably sticking to EMS from now on.
>>
>>8924472
Google translate is shit and I know I'll probably be too fat for it, but I'm losing weight and I want to know if there is any hope if my boobs will ever fit in.
>>
Wasn't AP supposed to ship the HL batches today?
>>
>>8925691
There's still a ton of Cecelia Cross in stores
>>
>>8925906
Don't be a doormat.
>>
Does anyone know where taller girls can purchase tights/or stockings? I have zero sewing skills, so altering tights into stockings/tights isn't really an option for me. I'm 178cm, if that helps?
>>
>>8925913
They usually don't send out the shipping notification for the day until 8-9pm (in my experience?)
>>
>>8925691
I really hope they did and it will stay this way, it would spare us a lot of nasty bloodbaths.
>>
>tfw found two of my dream dresses that hold great emotional value to me
>One for 160$ and one for 40$
>But they are in USA
and being in Belgium, shipping fees are going to be fucking horrible and i'll be super anxious about it arriving. What do gulls?

I had to pay like 30$ of shipping fees for just a cardigan from USA (if i wanted it tracked it was 60$)
>>
>>8925974
Depends on your emotional value anon. I paid 100 euro custom fees and 45 usd shipping fees for a dream dress.
>>
>>8925974
Get the seller to mark down
>>
God, thank u, I live in Russia. I have no money to buy brands, but domestic shipping costs only 200-300 rubles (~3-4,5 USD)
>>
>>8925363
Of course, but she used it as an excuse as many self diagnosed (I don't know whether she is or not) people do. 'Good' aspies like those you mention would surely use it as an explanation for poor behaviour, but still apologize. Choke always seemed to use it as an excuse.
>muh assburgers made me steal your money! Pity me

Prove me wrong choke
>>
>>8926001

The aspies I know do occassionally muck up socially. Usually because they're struggling with sensory overload shit, and their brains workign away at a rate of knots. They can be quite blunt at times, but are honest and caring people. Yeah, they apologise when they muck up, as they're trying hard not to do so. Using it as a poor excuse to be unprofessional and a bitch ain't cool.
>>
>>8926011
>>8926001
>>8925384
>>8925380
>>8925363
>>8925334
>>8925328
>>8925320
>>8925283
>>8925238

maybe shut up??? she's not entitled to give you anything, its your fault for buying her wigs, if she's had a problem with the factory or the shipping then what can she do about that? You're going to have to wait. She doesn't get away with it because shes pretty, but she is prettier than you ugly trolls, she is a good person.
Everyone hates her and laughed at her for talking about kate but you all did it too. She was just doing what you were doing, not even as bad, just posting a screenshot. Ive never had a problem buying wigs from her and ive been buying from her for ages. sounds like you guys just want to make problems for yourself.
Losers
>>
>>8926022
I second that.
>>
>>8926023
for the people saying they never got their wigs, they are lying. She is a good person and even wanted to turn lace into something ppsitive but Kate had to drag her name through the mud. She should have accepted her apology. Chokelate isn't a scammer, youre all just jealous of the fact that shes a model and actually has a successful business unlike you whores
>>
File: tumblr_mori17UKKG1rhsy4wo1_400.gif (968KB, 387x218px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mori17UKKG1rhsy4wo1_400.gif
968KB, 387x218px
>>8925974
Lol nevermind found the OP version for even cheaper on ebay by pure luck (87usd shipping included) and the other one got marked down to 60.
I got two goddamn dream dresses for 147 dolla and now i'm dancing around my room blasting kyary
>>
>>8926022

FYI, I'm not a troll, and I've never bought anything from her, but have heard what's been going on, and the comments about her using her Asperger's as an excuse for a shitty attitude and bad customer service. Which point I throw in my two cents. Having factory issues is one thing, but acting bitchy about it to her customers is another. Her looks have SFA to do with running a business well.
>>
File: 1448824765293.png (36KB, 360x361px) Image search: [Google]
1448824765293.png
36KB, 360x361px
>>8926028
>>
>>8926028
You remind me of that one chick in CoF who was defending Milanoo months ago.
>>
>>8926039
Choke is basically as reliable and good quality as milanoo these days
>>
>>8926022
I like how Nina can have a spergie meltdown like this on /cgl/ but can't be damned to write to her customers and post an update on her buyer likes Facebook page.

Nina: Shut the fuck up. It is YOUR fault and completely on you that people bought, trusted, and believe in you. You shit talk your customers and have mocked Americans, dragged Kate through the mud and actually shit posted her up to be a cow (when ironically you are the scammer and cow and she's a random snowflake caught in your wrath), and been a longtime scammer for no real goddamn reason.

You are incidentally always around drama like Anime Matsuri and Kate. You are always on lolcow and /cgl/.

This post >>8926023 and >>8926028
this post are an example of Nina white knighting herself. You're saying it's their fault they got scammed and Nina is some business angel we're all just jelly over. First you say people didn't get their wigs, it's their fault, and blame the factories. Then you say she's a good person and that numerous, numerous customers are just liars trying to crucify her. Why are you contradicting yourself, Nina?
>>
>>8926043
>>8926037
>>8926039
>>8926034
Shut up jealous bitches, go get your wigs from glw or some other racist place. I'm not a racist so I'll be just fine. She shipped your wigs its your fault that you're pretending you didn't get them to victimise her. And people complaining about shipping, don't you think the shipping price would be lowered? Shipping from germany is expensive and I'm sure she's doing it as cheaply as possible because you spoilt bitches complain when the price is too high. So she ships it as cheeap as she can and then you complain when the wigs disappear? Or did they ever ACtually disappear and youre lying??
>>
>>8926072
Youre stupid nina would never post here after you all mocked her last time when she posted about kate, just doing what everyone else did. Youre worse than her, not better
>>
>>8926081
>nina would never post here
>never post here
You can't possibly by this stupid.
>>
>>8926080

I think I just stated that I've never bought anything from Nina - I don't even like wigs. Sheesh. Grow up, and don't just automatically jump to conclusions or baww at the first sign of any sort of criticism of your idol. I'm on neither side of the Kate vs Nina arguement (even if either party haven't had previous track records of their behaviour), and quite frankly it sounds like people on both sides are acting shittily.
>>
>>8926080
>>8926081
>>8926080
>>8926081
All these posts defending her are time stamped about a minute apart. How convenient.
>>
>>8925334
reminder: send scam stories about choke to email above, I'm still trying to gather proof and go to her then if no action follows, German/possibly EU consumer protection

>>8925991
shipping, not customs. customs is a whole other story

>>8926028
kek, pls explain this and all the other stories
>>
>>8924014
I have to agree. I think it's been maybe the last yr or so that I've found AP's stuff pretty 'eh'. I think another anon said their designs are a bit Taobao-tier. Alright but not mind-blowing. But then I've seen TB shops come out with some interesting stuff that has caught my attn so idk. If it wasn't for HL and me literally wanting that zipper JSK for years, I wouldn't have bothered with AP recently.

Thought it was just me who hates Baby's stuff. I like their old school pieces, no lie, but I want to know wtf is going on in their designer's head.

I have to also agree with you about Meta. I am really feeling their sailor pieces.
>>
>>8925109
Yep. Payment with credit cart and shipping through Tenso.
>>
>>8925838
Having had a similar problem prepare for a hair ripping good time. They get absolutely lost about international products without tracking. Call them anyways but be prepared.
>>
>>8925952
Well, shouldn't they have shipped it by now?
>>
Google-fu is broken:

Does anyone know where I can find a good set of guidelines for wearing underskirts? idk if anyone has made one or not. I'd like to pass on info for newbies in my comm since they're exposed to lolita via tumblr. Guidelines on wearing tumblr trends without looking like a cluster fuck would be great.

If not, I'll be happy with suggestions and image examples to compile later.
>>
I just found out Opaline Rose passed away. Apparently she passed away last thursday, no idea what happened. I'm really sad about this, I admired her style a lot...
>>
>>8926285
She died???????
>>
>>8926289
Yeah, a friend of hers posted a message on her facebook wall in two languages.
>>
>>8926285
Holy cow, rip opaline. That really sucks...
>>
>>8925278

She has had a few meltdowns.
>>
>>8926285
Wait what how has she passed away? I remember watching one of her videos last month....no...how? I am so confused...
>>
>>8926285
>>8926296
Can you post caps, please? I don't mean to doubt you or anything but I can't find the post. That's terrible though.
>>
>>8926285
What the fuck, she was way too young...
>>
>>8926337
Here it is, anon. It's posted in French right below but I didn't cap that.
>>8926333
Sorry, I know as little as you do. They don't say what happened.
>>
>>8926341
Thank you. Good god, that's horrible. I only knew her for her coords but I'm still sad about this, can't even begin to imagine what her friends and family must feel.
>>
>>8926341
I'm crying. No. Fuck that. I knew her and talked once or twice when i was a tiny nooblita. Our styles were different but she always made nice outfits and knew lots of stuff about tea,kimonos,..
I even saw a video of her a month ago i just can't believe it. First the belgium explosion (my girlfriend live in that area but thankfully she got a different metroline that day) and now this.
I am so broken...
>>
>>8926022
Hi Nina. Quit lurking cgl and handle your shit.
>>
>>8926028
Just because you deleted the customer complaints off your facebook doesn't mean they didn't happen Nina.
>>
>>8926022

Actually, by trading practices laws, she's required to sort something out. Products have ben paid for, and if she can't deliver said goods, then she needs to sort out either refunds or offer alternatives. Zero matter of 'entitlement to give [you] anything', contrary to what you claim, that's a massive pile of bullshit what you're saying. Thesse people paid for items which are not being delivered, and she needs to as a business owner, handle these orders one way or another. Personal likings/dislikings of a person not being taken into account.
>>
File: skirt.png (299KB, 299x377px) Image search: [Google]
skirt.png
299KB, 299x377px
>>8926250
personally I think the main thing is that you shouldn't try to incorporate underskirts into every coord, not even to lengthen a dress. if it doesn't suit the vibe of the dress (say oldschool) or doesn't match any materials of the dress, then don't wear one. also, underskirts shouldn't make your dress look overstuffed and they shouldn't peek out too much (like 10-15cm is the max?) pic being how not to wear
>>
>>8926449
This! This so much!
>>
>>8926028
I stand with Nina!!!!!
>>
>>8926022
>she's not entitled to give you anything
HAHAHAHAHAHA

IT'S CALLED RUNNING YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS IN AN APPROPRIATE WAY

IF YOU CAN'T COMPENSATE FOR SHIT (OR ACTUALLY, Y'KNOW, SEND SHIT OUT) THEN DON'T RUN A FUCKING BUSINESS!!!
>>
>>8926022
anon (Choke) do you realize how retarded you sound right now?
>its your fault for buying her wigs
omfg guess no one should buy her wigs then topkek
>Ive never had a problem buying
yes because you = literally everyone else who's had an issue
>>
>>8926221
Thank you for letting me know what to expect. Did you ever get your package delivered?
>>
>>8926080
>She shipped your wigs its your fault that you're pretending you didn't get them to victimise her
yes because everyone who didn't receive a wig is trying to scam her except that's highly fucking unlikely considering there are MULTIPLE CASES
>>
>>8926308
>>8926364
anons. not cool.
>>
File: br_28.jpg (88KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
br_28.jpg
88KB, 280x373px
since there is no price check thread, how much could I sell Melty Cream Doughnut in this cut and color for?
>>
File: it_begins.png (33KB, 283x196px) Image search: [Google]
it_begins.png
33KB, 283x196px
>>8926285
holy shit, fuck. I'm so sorry for her loved ones. she was gorgeous and her coords were amazing, I just commented on one of her coords a few days back...

I come to post a shitty image that would work as a reaction image for cgl (pic related) and I get feels instead, what the fuck
>>
>>8926456
>says the legit thick-headed idiot
>>
>>8926466
i've been seeing it going for under $300 lately
probably not helped by baked sweets parade looking similar
>>
>>8926080
Yes I'm sure all these dozens of cases are ALL lies. You really do sound like Milanoo girl.
>>
>>8926285
Aw man, I hate when lolitas die, it's always so awkward. I have no idea who she is but I feel bad for the ones who knew her.
>remembering the good times when people accused selfpost when that pic showed up in "good wa" threads

Anyways may she rip in pieces.
>>
>>8926285
>>8926341
This can't be real, she was my absolute lolita and kimono idol and weightloss inspiration... I hope her death was calm and painless.
Rest in peace, may she rock heaven with her superb style.
>>
>>8926483
>"good wa"
Her death is horrible in general but I also can't believe the one great example of good wa lolita died.
>>
>>8926504
I think the reason she was so good at wa lolita was because she wore lolita and yukata/kimono, so she could find a good medium without tacky prints and weird lace.
>>
>>8926462
Yes but only because it arrived at another person's place and they contacted me.
>>
anyways, all this talk got me wondering- what would you gulls do with your wardrobe if you died an untimely death? would you want your family to sell it? would you will it to another lolita friend?
>>
Just a PSA but there's apparently an Opal thread now so it doesn't clutter up general.

>>8926456
Choke you're embarrassing. I've always hated you and you stupidity. Don't think we're all suddenly attacking you. This is the fruit of your longtime antics of shitposting other girls, whiteknighting yourself to death here, and just being an overall terrible "business woman" aka Party City wig peddler and person. You're retarded and don't know how to run a business. I hope this ruins your name permanently so you can get your act together and stop trying to rip off and attack your own community.
>>

Classic, scaled-down, mostly flat colours, no prints. Sometimes details. 5% sweet because I have two sweet dresses.

Roommate: OMFG U R SO KYOOT!!!!11
People stare and I still get asked 'wat is ur pronoun'

Cold=Public transportation, thick T-shirt underneath a blouse. Medium-weight jacket that fits with everything. Bloomers outside uniqlo heattech leggings, cute fur-lined boots.

Heat=You mean summer/spring? That's when the short puffy sleeves, kneesocks, and normal-den pantyhose are used. Also lightweight bloomers.
And sundress-like blouseless JSK.

1 skirt, 6 JSK

Only wear dat shit inside the house if you have a supply of cheap, washable cutsews/blouses. I recommend skipping brando and just going secondhand and BL for this.

Keep brando-wear safe by layers, a non-loli layer closest to the skin will absord sweat. I prefer T-shirts for this.

Have a color scheme so matching is easy. You'll want at least one winter coat and one spring/fall jacket that goes with anything, so keep your colors seasonal. I do red in the winter, and blue/lavender in spring.
>>
>>8923194
mostly sweet and a bit of classic
people are generally quite positive about it- i work full time and sometimes even randoms in the business district recognize the fashion.
chiffon and light cotton pieces for the heat and lots of coats and wool cardigans for the cold. it fortunately does not rain too much here, but fuck all when it does.
around 150 jsks/ops
- less is more, casual outfits work best with simple palettes and clean lines
- invest in comfortable shoes suitable for your style or carry around commuter flats for walking.
- meta's shirring is seriously the greatest thing on earth
>>
Anyone get a shipping confirmation for the Holy Hell not again orders yet?
>>
>>8926761
Revolution when?
>>
>>8926285
What nooooooo
>>
Board ▼ Settings Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL
4chan - Advertise
Return Catalog Bottom
Update Auto
Post a Reply
4chan - FAQ
View Announcement
...Anonymous
Lolita General
03/21/16(Mon)14:44:03 No.8923194
579 KB
579 KB PNG
Old thread: >>8915279 → #

Any gulls who are full time lolitas? I'm interested in hearing about it.
...Anonymous
03/21/16(Mon)15:03:24 No.8923229
Very simple sweet and oldschool mostly
I left college a few months ago but I studied digital design, most people were weirdos so nobody really cared. Who'd look at the girl in a frilly skirt when there's people walking around in dinosaur kigurumis?
Heat by wearing thin OPs and flats, cold by wearing velvet, lots of layers and a wool coat, rain by prayer.
Somewhere around 25-30 I think, with the majority being wearable daily. I think I only have around 5 dresses I consider too OTT for daily wear.
you have to really love it, it can be a lot of work. Also only wear comfortable shoes, get leather ones
hardcore classic, but now with some gothic (Sheglit!!!!)
no one cares, I work at a company in Silicon Valley with plenty of weirdos, sometimes I get nice comments from store clerks etc.
layers, Heattech leggings and undershirts are your friend, brand umbrellas, VM made a raincoat so I have that too, stock up on semi disposable Meta short sleeve blouses for summer and their cheap thin bloomers too
40+, only about 10 OTT though
>>
>>8926449
I'm saving this for a future newb panel. Thanks!
>>
>>8926806
What the fuck happened to your post? Lol
>>
>>8926285
omg, I just can't believe this, she was an inspiration for me, I'm really shocked and sad that this happened.
>>
>>8926886
Looks like someone got click happy
>>
File: feelbaddesu.gif (358KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
feelbaddesu.gif
358KB, 250x141px
>>8926285
Good night sweet princess.
>>
>>8926619
>not getting buried with your dresses so no one can have them
>>
>>8926483
Well this can be a good thing.
Now if some retard accuses of her self posting we can all have a laugh at the ultra-newb
>>
>>8926910
i'd need my own pyramid for that, anon. maybe just my favorites?
>>
Headbands, are they comfortable? Do they give you a headache after a while? I'm prone to headaches just from headphones so I'm thinking this would be unwise.
>>
>>8926954
It depends on the headband.
>>
>>8926913
Self posting ghosts doing spooky self posting
>>
>>8926022
With this kind of attitude, no wonder your business is failing and your customers are upset. Fuck you Choke.
>>
>>8926022
Holy shit if this is b8 then 10/10 for making me rage.

People ARE entitled to products they paid for, actually. If that product can't be provided then they ARE entitled to a refund or a remedy in some other way. And since in the ToS there was no mention of the purchases being non-refundable, refunds would be in order.

So. Keep weeping Chokeafuck.
>>
So my comment got deleted? Why? I seriously can't say anything as generic as that?
>>
Ugh what is even the point of 4 chan if you're being censored. Really the only thing you should be worried about is shit posting. R9k can post what school they're going to shoot up but you can't handling a death in the community?
>>
>>8926619
I already told my boyfriend to sell them to off-set funeral costs. I told him which friends can be relied upon to help him find fair prices, and made a list of which "special" pieces go to certain friends.

>tfw you're ill and this sort of planning has just become a matter of practicality rather than some morbid "what if" situation
>>
>>8926999
>legit discussion deleted
>legit thread remembering her deleted
>Choke "supporters" remain
again, stay classy, janitors.
>>
>>8926954
I find it helps if you tilt them back, like a tiara. Don't wear them directly behind your ears like you did as a kid, but put the ends on the bony bit a little farther back. Less likelihood of headaches, at least for me.
>>
at this rate the only place where we can discuss anything would be RC Uncensored.
>>
fuck you mods. Moot never intended for the singling out rule to apply to the discussion and rememberance of a deceased person.
>>
>>8926285
I'm legit crying right now. I don't even know her, never talked to her, but she's been an inspiration for me since I started.
I'm going to make my best tea tonight and pour one out for her.
>>
>>8926483
>Rest in peace in peices
Wat
>>
>>8927033
how fucking new are you?
>>
>>8927026
I would like to think that they were just trying to prune the shitty "lmao who gets her dresses" conversation but knowing the current moderation I don't think they cared that much.
>>
>>8927038
>rip in pieces
>not rip in peace
rip in pieces implies she's been dismembered post-mortem, anon got the meme wrong
>>
>>8927024
Someone should start a thread there. Who are the RC:U mods? I really liked when they called out the mod from RC yesterday about stupid dramawhoring regarding that WW ad. A+ group
>>
>>8927041
Except like two comments said that early in the thread. And the rest of the conversation was about how OP was being tacky and should not place more burdens on people who may be grieving by bringing a sensitive subject to cgl.
>but my anonymously vented feelings
Sorry, doesn't seem right that people who actually knew her might have to suffer unsavory comments or seeing her posted constantly just because an anon doesn't have the gall to send their condolences to an appropriate memorial page.
>>
>>8927080
Except an anonymous message board is for venting feelings anonymously? And if they are sick of seeing it they can hide it?
>>
>>8927067
>A+ group
some posters/posts can be great (like the call-out) but tbqh 99% of the people there are insufferable, which doesn't help
>>
>>8927080
>Sorry, doesn't seem right that people who actually knew her might have to suffer unsavory comments or seeing her posted constantly just because an anon doesn't have the gall to send their condolences to an appropriate memorial page.
anon, people who grieve anonymously are just as important as people who grieve publicly...
>>
>>8927080
>also missing how many of those commenting here said they knew her, met her, mutually knew her, or had her as an inspiration but lol they don't matter right?
>>
>>8927029
>make my best tea and pour one out for her

I love you, anon; keeping it hood and classy at all once. I hope you feel much better soon; she was wonderful.
>>
>>8926954
Really depends on the headbands. Wigs give me headaches and I've even got them from rectangle headdresses which you think would be loose (maybe I'm subconsciously tensing or holding my head in an unusual way to stop them falling down?), but I also have headbands that don't give me issues. Baby's look really small but don't hurt me for some reason even though they're being bent out of shape on my head. The AP one I had gave me a headache and so did a couple of my Taobao ones.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 332x442px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 332x442px
Just got my shipped email fuck yes.
>>
>>8927117
Not if they're causing a disturbance to others. What's hard about posting anonymously on a memorial page, or asking someone to do it on your behalf if you're that scared?
You're being unreasonable.
>>
>>8926072
There was once I made a Lockshop order and was totally swept under the rug. Didn't hear anything for weeks, emailed multiple times with nothing in return, so I went to CGL and bitched about Choke/LS and she emailed me within the hour. If that's not proof of Choke having an embarassing self-diagnosed "sperg" moment right now, then I don't know what is. Get off your stupid highschool drop out ass and do something about your crumbling business, Choke.
>>
>>8927126
She got me into following a maiko/geiko tumblr that either she also follows or created, I can't remember, but I remember maybe half a year ago she made a very personal post about herself on her tumblr about her appearance and how lolita made her feel beautiful. Absolutely mild compared to 32ki.
>>
>>8927134
same!
>>
>>8927134
Same.

I'm surprised since I ordered the bag too, thought it might ship a little later than everyone's.
>>
>>8927009
welcome to the new 4chan with janitors .... back in my day, all we had was m00t, who just played galo sagan.
>>
>>8926285
How did she die? She was so young. Her poor family.
>>
>>8927137
Pretty sure you're the one being unreasonable here, mate. Let that shit *go*.
>>
>>8927134
Oh man I reserved through CT, I hope I can get mine without waiting a million years since she's always so busy...
>>
>>8926913
It would not be the first time deceased lolitas have been accused of self-posting. Nor is it the first time that discussion of the recently departed has been censored here. It's a site rule, it is what it is.
>>
>>8927140
It's insane how many people have the exact same story with Choke/LS, including myself. On one hand it's nice to know that she didn't single me out just to be an ass, but on the other hand it kinda stings that she doesn't think I'm important or efamous enough for her time lol.
>>
I've been saying for years that Choke's shitty wigs and service are not worth the money, glad she's finally getting called out on her shit. Cunt.
>>
>>8927189
>telling to let it go when you're coming here to complain endlessly about it
Uh?
>>
>>8927215
Same, anon. Called it from the beginning. I just think it's disappointing how the niche for lolita wigs in the western market are really dry.
>tfw I used to order from Cyperous but their Japanese site got rid of ALL of their cute hair colors as did their international site
>>
>>8927222
This is my first post in this thread, and I only saw the deleted one on rbt. Eat shit dude.
>>
>>8924339
Well fuck, there goes my saved up cash. If they only release the one from the artbook cover, I'm safe...
>>8925062
>>8925073
Going along with this. The pink polka dot jsk from the Kuragehime collab and its the one lolita piece I could never part with. My only regret is I didn't get the matching headdress.
>>
>>8926497
How much weight did she loose?
>>
File: 1438536571443.jpg (14KB, 200x164px) Image search: [Google]
1438536571443.jpg
14KB, 200x164px
>>8927126
I looked in my cupboard, and the only suitable tea I have is Temple of Heaven.
Why am I crying again anons? She was only a girl I saved pictures of until a few hours ago.
Here's a cute, because fuck.
>>
Has anyone received their Automatic Honey purchase yet? I had the money deducted from my account, but no shipping notification or reciept.
>>
>>8927312
because death is weird and shocking and it's never easy to predict how you'll react to it. It's good to cry though, let it out anon.
>>
>>8927268
Diff anon, but they probably just mean that she was thinspo for them to lose weight (like her weight was their goal)
>>
>>8927137
So how are they causing a disturbance to others? Hell, I could say you're causing a disturbance to me. You shouldn't be allowed to post anymore.
>>
File: 1447170241197.png (87KB, 328x255px) Image search: [Google]
1447170241197.png
87KB, 328x255px
I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but I'm looking to get into Lolita fashion.

I'm interested in the "classic lolita" style(If that's right). I'm a latina btw. I'm generally looking for dark/red dresses.

Any tips for a newbie like me?
>>
>>8927471
lurk more
>>
>>8927471
I honestly don't understand how people like you find 4chan
>>
>>8927228
I ordered a couple wigs from Brightlele and I think they're really nice, if you guys are looking for a new wig place to try out. For synthetic wigs, the fibers IMO are pretty realistic looking. The shine/sheen is pretty realistic to me too. (it's not too dull, and it's not so shiny it looks like a party city wig. it reminds me of like, hair that's been washed) I'll see if I can post pics tomorrow when there's daylight.
>>
>>8927474
>>8927473

I found it on tumblr. I've been lurking since january.

If this is the wrong place to ask, I'm sorry.
>>
>>8927479
From the sticky at the top of the page:
Helpful Links:

- /cgl/ general: http://pastebin.com/2E2BmDDc
- Taobao: http://pastebin.com/B2KSFQUM
- Lolibrary: http://lolibrary.org/
- Hello Lace: http://hellolace.net/
>>
>>8926504
Wa lolita died with her
>Rest in frills

Does anyone know how?
>>
>>8927237
>being this aggressive and expecting me to believe you've only posted once
Sure.
>>
>>8927479

It's amazing how I find lot of lolitas I know doesn't know what the hack it 4chan (or just good at hiding it) then a noob find here. I would recommend bodyline if you don't know anything about it. You would probably have no idea how to get brand or ended up in eBay or scam site sells bad dresses for expensive. Just check on Tumblr, egl, Facebook group if the site you are ordering is scam place or ask for dress quality or recommendations. Check tumblr for bodyline tag and see if there is any dress you find it classy. Checking worn picture is usually good before you buy something. Check if your size is right. Japan's medium size is not your country's medium.
>>
>>8927477
I'm waiting on a package to arrive from brightlele and now I'm 10x more happy to hear they're good quality. This is my first order with them.
>>
>>8927489
Thanks.
>>8927520
I think it wasn't a bad idea I asked here, since the website I was about to buy from was milanoo. I still don't know why I shouldn't buy from there, but I'm not going to.

I'm checking bodyline, but I'm still learning how to browse it.

Thanks for the attention btw.
>>
>>8927506
Too OP
>>
>>8927524
Holy shit. Two seconds of googling would reveal why you shouldn't buy from milanoo. It's 2016, being new isn't an excuse anymore.
>>
It's now midnight where I am and I still haven't gotten a shipping email for my HL order
Should I be worried?
>>
What substyle would you consider most AatP prints? Especially the newer ones. They're meant to be a gothic brand but...
The coordinating is usually more sweet, the colors and motifs are more classic, the cuts and brand identity is gothic.
It doesn't really matter but whenever there's "are you sweet, classic, or goth?" questions, I sweat nervously.
>>
>>8927577
You could always say you're Classic but identify as Gothic and present as Sweet
(For real though, what the heck is AATP?)
>>
>>8927577
I feel like Alice and the Pirates is usually classic/gothic whereas Baby the Stars Shine Bright is sweet/classic. The Baby duo are one of the most versatile brands when it comes to styles.
>>
>>8927577
It seems mainly gothic? I wear classic and wouldn't consider the majority of the prints and cuts classic appropriate. I'm sure some of the solids and stuff like florals are fine depending on colorway though.
And I'm just confused what's meant by sweet coordinating?
>>
>>8926285
I really liked her style and she inspired me to get into Kimono fashion. What a shame. Hope her relatives know how to sell off her clothing.
>>
>>8927577
I wish Alice and the Pirates was more piratey
>>
>>8927577

I've always had the impression that Btssb was the first, original, and still the main label of the company. Then the company saw that it could make a little extra money from producing things that weren't so sweet, but since Japanese lolitas have so much brand loyalty and identify so much with their brands, producing gothic/classic/ouji under the Baby label would dilute its sweet princess image too much, possibly resulting in losing customers that identify strongly with the sugary pink sweet image that is Btssb.

And thus, AatP, a label under which anything that didn't fit Baby's image could be shoved. Gothic? Under AatP. Classic with not enough pink? AatP. Ouji? Aatp. Weird nun robes worn with pants? AatP.

Or if you're looking at it from the other way around, if it's from Btssb then there's 99% chance that it's sweet. If you're looking at AatP it could be anything.
>>
Just got the email about Holy Lantern being ready to go. Expect your emails soon, gulls!
>>
>>8927638
They used to be.
>>
>>8927577
AatP has always been a clusterfuck of styles. Partly because of the concept (Alice in Wonderland as a pirate). Usually though you could count on them being darker and more gothic/classic than Baby, but Baby has gotten a bit more classic looking in recent years, and AatP lost it's edge.

Some of the problem also is that AatP has gone through designers like crazy. So how different their newer prints feel from the older prints isn't just a case of trends. It's because the people who drew and designed the old work are gone.

Personally new AatP prints aren't my cup of tea. They're too simple somehow.
>>
>>8927558
i only just got mine, so don't worry! a friend who ordered more items than me (and after me) got her email almost 8 hours before me, so who knows how they're doing it

>>8927577
i'd say it depends on the print, cut and colourway (duh) especially with aatp. there's rarely a series which is clearly sweet, classic or gothic, but that makes it a lot easier to switch things up

>>8927638
this is my blood, treasure hunting in mystic island, alice print, night ship alice
there are many more which i can't remember, but there are definitely lots (unless you own most of them?)
>>
File: IMG_1757-800x533.jpg (119KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1757-800x533.jpg
119KB, 800x533px
>>8927524

Since I am also just a lurker and planning, I'll help you out a bit anon.

> I still don't know why I shouldn't buy from there, but I'm not going to.

Oh boi. Just look at all the Milanoo reaction images on google and then you might get a whiff why it is a bad idea.

Here an explanation: http://lolita-tips.tumblr.com/post/13232303957/a-beginner-lolitas-guide-to-avoiding-scam

>I'm checking bodyline

That's better. Bodyline is one of the few options to start with and not a bad one, but you need to be careful too. They have some decent dresses, but also alot of crap.

For references and inspiration, you want to check tumblr blogs like this one since their product images suck: http://bodylineneedsbetterpictures.tumblr.com/

The bodyline general thread will also help you out, if you are not sure. >>8921303
Better ask about the quality twice before you buy shit.

>I've been lurking since january.

Which is still nothing.

I'd also suggest like >>8927473 that you take your time and lurk alot more or the chance will be high that your coord will look like shit and end up in the ita thread. Before you buy your coord pieces, ask in the lolita coord help thread, if it does work out.

I also HIGHLY recommend that you read this blog completely, especially the "Guides For Beginners" series.
http://lolita-tips.tumblr.com/
>>
>>8927673
Same here, Looking forward to it.

Does Tenso mark down btw?
>>
>>8927709
You have the option to mark it down to whatever price you want, yeah
>>
>>8927477
>>8927522

I have a few Brightele wigs and as the other anon said the fibres look and feel amazing. Only thing that was a bit dissapointing was the fact that I found them a bit on the thinner side. It's okay for the price range bit but a bit thicker would have been preferable.
I love them anyways and would recommend them.
>>
>>8927471
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>8927756
>>
>>8927577
It's funny I was just thinking about this earlier and wondering the same thing since it's my favorite brand. I have issues answering the "Are you sweet, gothic or classic?" question because of this too. I think it's modern Lolita is much more complex (thanks to prints) than old school, where that question would usually cover everything. AatP can release a single print but have respective colorways be considered sweet-classic, classic, and gothic all at once.

AatP is probably hard to categorize because they seemed to start off with the whole "sailor lolita" thing and just a generally darker version of Baby. I think it'd be better to categorize it into sub styles when it's appropriate. Meta is sort of similar. Their sailor, wa lolita, and military styles don't necessarily go into any specific category most times. Baby seems pretty safe while AatP seems very experimental, so it's naturally all over the place.
>>
>>8927524
Whatever you do, if you ever get concrit, TAKE IT. People want to help you, not bully you out of the fashion. I've seen so many newbies post horrible outfits, get actual good concrit and then throw a fit because LOLITAS ARE MEANIES.
>>
What are people's experiences with shipping stuff from Japan via seamail? I have a large package of auction wins that I'd rather not ship via SAL (handling charge + customs are super likely and it's £15 more expensive to boot). How much do you usually have to wait & does seamail to be charged with customs? I'm in the UK.
>>
>>8927781
I was actually reading up on this the other day. The chances of getting hit by customs is as shitty as any other shipping method and it will take about 2,5-3 months from Japan to the UK.

Go with SAL.
>>
>>8927757
Be grateful people here are spoonfeeding you. It's not fun to have general cluttered up with the most simple questions that could easily be Googled in 2 seconds. Why 4chan was your first stop is beyond me.
>>
>>8927787
Are you sure? I've had all of my small package SAL stuff go right through without charges, regular SAL gets hit with customs though. I know that the first is handled by Royal Mail and the second by Parcelforce so I suppose that makes a difference.
What about airmail? Not sure who handles that in the UK.
>>
Antique Beast will open 25/03 9 p.m.
>>
>>8927314
The glass bottle necklace? I received that two days after the release, anon. Contact them right now.
>>
>>8927788
Fuck off Google supporter
>>
>>8927690
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my part to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
File: 20150113_1d285c.jpg (178KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
20150113_1d285c.jpg
178KB, 450x600px
Does anyone have this head dress? I find the scale on AB's model to be a little off with previous stuff I bought, is this bow really big or can it be worn more casually, or is it ott?
>>
>>8927854
Turns out I just got it in the mail today. It was sent on the 10th or the 12th I think.
>>
how long does antique beast usually stay open? think they'll still be open after easter?
>>
>>8923600
If the print is dark even if you wanted to sell it some day darts should be invisible when taken out. Not so sure about light
>>
Since this thread is slow as hell:

I'm trying to work out where this petti I have from a few years back came from. Tag says 'e'des'.

All I remember is it was recommended by Eva Braun/Hexenharlot way back when.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.