[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Con-nichiwa 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: lulz.jpg (208KB, 1146x600px) Image search: [Google]
lulz.jpg
208KB, 1146x600px
No Arizona thread the day before an Arizona con? Clearly Slacking is taking place. Let us Rectify this immediately.

So who else is not ready for tomorrow?
>>
>>8917177
I'm going but to just hang with friends. Not really looking forward to any specifics for events, sadly. Nothing sounds good yet.
>>
File: Make_Anime_Great_Again.png (319KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Make_Anime_Great_Again.png
319KB, 500x375px
>>8917177
Who's ready for a sanders and trump rally during con?
>>
>>8917513
I can't wait for people to freak out when photos of people in cosplay at a rally come out.
>>
Looks like more people in line for bernie than the convention itself.
>>
Doing security. If anything fun or interesting happens I'll share.
>>
Going for no particular reason other than "what the fuck else am I doing this weekend". Should be just as fun as every fuckin Gregcon but whatever.
>>
Security is nice and frisky. Cooler in here too.
>>
Inside now. Is bernie-con a tumblr convention in disguise?
>>
>>8918541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Z706rUOug
>>
Pretty quiet in here. Any worthy panels?
>>
Sine I was not at the masquerade (I was off getting dinner) I'm going to take a guess how the masquerade went, a senior staff member of the convention (or monkey paw) won a division of the masquerade with a costume that was not anime related.
>>
>>8921239
will this salt ever die
>>
I actually enjoyed the masquerade. There were some decent contestants and the MCs were entertaining enough.
>>
3/4 of this tea party is normies
>>
>>8921366
I was one of the MCs, thank you a ton! It was my first time MCing so I'm glad it wasn't completely awful lmao
>>
>>8921438
How was the tea party?
>>
How were the cafes this round? I took a nap during one of the cosplay cafes so couldn't make it.
>>
>>8921804
Including hosts we had about 40 people. We had to turn about 20 people away due to lack of space. Only got food for 24 people(we ended up cutting these tiny ass cakes in half so every one could have one piece each). Management changed hands so we can no longer buy our own food, we can only use overpriced TCC catering, just like how it is at all hotel cons. Super stressed, but it turned out ok despite a lot of things getting fucked up on all ends? Lots of people said they had fun. Always looking for new ideas and tips to improve for nect year. We're currently working out how to make things run smoother with a bigger turnout and with the new TCC rules implemented upon us. I dont like the idea of having pre-paid only admission, but i felt like shit having to turn away so many people.
>>
>>8922050
i enjoyed the animal crossing one
the games were fun and everyone was friendly
>>
>>8922132
Wasn't this $10 to get into? What did people pay for?
>>
>>8922169
Ah wish I could have gone to that!
Anyone do the maid cafe?
>>
File: M7Q41Ii.gif (404KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
M7Q41Ii.gif
404KB, 500x380px
>>8922220
All of the Cafes/Tea party were $10. The Animal Crossing one was so much fun though. As soon as everyone was inside, they closed the doors and told us all of us were now 10,000 bells in debt. In order to win bells, you have to play games, talk to the NPCs (who were adorable), buy and sell furniture, etc. It was so cute, and I had a great time! A severe lack of food, but that's the convention center's fault.
>>8921804
The maid cafe was alright. Not too much to say about it. You play games, watch some dancing, and eat some food. There was also a mini Easter egg hunt.
>>8921804
The tea party was a lot of fun! Even though they struggled with the food, I got more food there than the other cafes combined. The atmosphere was fun, the prizes were nice, and everyone who dressed up looked so good! Shout out to our lovely hostesses for putting it all together and dealing with the TCC's new rules. I think it was all worth it in the end, I had a lot of fun!
Next year I would talk to Greg about putting "Lolita Tea Party" on the schedule instead of just "Tea Party". That's probably why a lot of people didn't show up in Lolita, they might of just thought it was a normal tea party.
Can't wait for the next year!
>>
>>8922624
Ahh thank you! I was a part of the Animal Crossing cafe. We tried really hard so I'm glad people enjoyed it. It's a shame we couldn't provide our own food this year because of new convention center contracts. I felt so bad serving those tiny cookies.
>>
>>8922624
I heard the tea party was a bust, too many normies, no food, etc..
>>
>>8919519
Did the Drumpf supporters like you guys or did they freak out?
>>
>>8923857
Well, actually we cut everything we recieved in smaller pieces, PLUS we smuggled in treats as *party favors* and everyone was allowed to take seconds, and even did a round of "thirds" and we still had leftover fruit, lemonade, and ice and water, so we were able to get by on food. For $10 you can't expect a feast. Admission also included a raffle ticket good for one draw, and additional raffle tickets were avalible for purchase. We did have a complaint that too many non lolita won prizes. If you wanted a better chance at a prize you could of purchased additional tickets because everything was donated or specifically bought for the raffle out of our own pockets. Pretty good deal for $10 imo. Especially since we can't buy our own food anymore. We are looking into suggestions for next year! This year was a real strugle for everyone! Pre paid tickets would garuntee lolitas could get in, but unfortunately Conni doesn't have a huge lolita pull, so there is no real way to secure spots for maily lolitas if mainly lolitas do not commit to attending. I would absolutely love to have more lolita to attend a lolita tea party!

Anyways, if anyone has any ideas for future tea partys to run smoother, please shoot me an email!
>>
>>8922624
I am so glad you had enough food! That was my #1 stresser right there! I am also glad you had fun! A lot of shit didn't go as planned, and I hope for nect time to run a lot smoother! I will be much more prepared with back up plans for any occasion, this year everything caught us off gaurd! The animal crossing cafe sounded so fun! I wish i could of attended this year!

>>8923907
All Trumpers I encountered were quite kind, to my suprise. A few odd stares here and there, but nothing bad. Though I do try to greet others with kindness and respect, regardless of political ideas, though i hear the maid cafes had their crazy moments because of protesters and trumpers duking it out near by, but everything went ok in the end. I think the worse moment was when a member of my group gave a thumbs up to a Bernie supporter car driving by, and a near by Trumper couple gave the car amiddle finger, and the member of my group a dirty look.
>>
I hate Greg's cons, AZ blows.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.