[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 15

File: texas.gif (32KB, 405x392px) Image search: [Google]
texas.gif
32KB, 405x392px
All-con is coming up, SXSW is this week, mini-Akon just happened and regular A-kon is in a couple months.
And I'm sure there is a lot going on in between.

What's everyone up to?
Planning anything cool for this con season?
Which events are worth attending this year?
>>
>>8909094
Texas is great, Arkansan here B-)
>>
>>8909094
San Antonio has a bunch of events coming up >>8906505 plus there's a new Austin con this summer
>>
Houston is pretty dried up honestly there's on Japan Festival April 16-17 and Delta H Con in August
why is san antonio getting so weeb all of sudden?
>>
Looking forward to Akon. They actually changed to a three tiered system for cosplay this year so I'm kinda happy about that. I'm curious to see how the lolita events pan out and if they have any guests coming.

My only gripe is it seems most of the guest announcements have been cosplayers. What happened to the 50% off guys? They aren't on the website did the cancel?
>>
EPCON in a month. I want to meet Adam West so bad.
>>
I want to try to get a small group together and go to Mini Mini Con this year, it seems decent. I'll probably just wear lolita.
>>
>>8909123
Because it's better than Houston plus the HLC isn't there.
>>
Anyone go to mini a-kon? I thought it was pretty mediocre this year. I don't know if I'd go again. Other people said they had fun, though. I don't know.
>>
File: 1453838761858.jpg (68KB, 720x552px) Image search: [Google]
1453838761858.jpg
68KB, 720x552px
>>8909730
ooh dramu
do share what's up with the HLC?
>>
>>8910048
I forgot mini a-kon was a thing.
>>
>>8910048

I forgot about it and didn't even know it was happening cause it wasn't really pushed on the website or Facebook like last year.
>>
I'm searching for texas drama, who are some cosfamous people in texas?
>>
>>8910073
Don't even start. Drama is why Texas threads almost always become cancer.
>>
>>8910080
What the hell have I missed? I haven't seen much drama here.
>>
>>8910098
Every time a Texas thread comes up, it devolves into drama.
>>
>>8910052
Have you been under a rock?
>>
So A-kon finally put up a lolita guest. Anyone shopped with the Lolita Collective before? I've been looking at their website and their store looks nice.
>>
>>8909250
Never been to the epcon, how is it? Never been to a con in general actually
>>
bump for drama
LET'S HEAR IT FOLKS!
>>
>>8910879
Your life must be fucking sad.
>>
>>8910480
F5F5F5F5
>>
>>8910708
It's was good! But I don't know what to compare it to since I usually go to anime conventions as opposed to comic ones. But I think they're expanding it this year and its looking pretty legit. Last year got to meet the pink power ranger and Deep Roy among others. Got some good art and merch. General con stuff.
>>
>>8910879
I heard some girl bought 42 dicks off eBay and sucked them all!!!!!
>>
so what was mini a-kon like, i've never been to a "mini con" and besides it being smaller and 1 day what's the differences between the mini ones?
>>
Hey let's talk photographers!
Who's bad and who's good?
>>
>>8907818
>>
>>8910692
Is a Lolita vendor the same as a Lolita guest, though, really?
>>
>>8911794

I think it depends on who's going. If it's actual designers then I would say they are guests.
>>
>>8911577
in a row?
>>
>>8911971
How else do you suck 42 dicks?
>>
>>8909123
Honestly we have always had a pretty large week crowd,plus I think convention costs are much lower here than austin/houston
>>
Are there any cons in Texas where I can show up without knowing anyone/knowing the scene at all and get laid? Me and my friends wanna fuck some cute sluts in costumes. We are all good looking to, not amazing but above average.
>>
>>8912191
i recommend finding out which con the 42 sucking dick girl goes to >>8911577
>>
>>8912216
I'm new to this board, is this some joke on the board or did something actually happen?
>>
>>8912230
She would never touch you. She only sucks the finest imported Japanese dick. That's why she had to buy it off eBay.
>>
>>8912191
Please leave.

The good cosplayers (like the standardly attractive ones I'm sure you've seen online and are hoping to fuck) already have their own friends and fans aren't going to even give you the time of day for more than a hoverhand.
Plus, you do realize that they go to these events to hangout with fellow nerds, not "above average" bro dudes that stop by just to try and "fuck some cute sluts in costumes". They see your ilk all the damn time and it isn't appreciated.

You might have luck with some of the raver kids in closet costumes but, again, the good/hot/sexy cosplayers aren't going to slut it up with you (contrary the impression you seem to have on cosplayers promiscuity). Besides not wanting to trifle with idiots just looking to bang cosplay hotties, people who put any effort into their costumes are not going to have sex in them since they tend to cost ~$200+ and 20-40hrs to craft (and that is an incredibly low range).

tl;dr No, conventions aren't the place to go to just bang cosplayers, especially if you don't know shit about the subject matter of the con.
>>
>>8911794

I think its encouraging to have them, nonetheless, but I do want to see some actual designers. I heard rumors about them getting indie designers?

At the very least, perhaps this will encourage more lolita vendors to come to A-kon's dealer's room in the future. I'm curious what Lolita Collective will bring. Their store is nice, but very hit or miss and there's that weird thing where they're carrying Lockshop wigs? I'm a bit confused by that.
>>
Is it weird to compliment a cos player? I did it once and half an hour later we met again but it was really awkward.
>>
>>8909108
Details on the new Austin con?
>>
>>8909123
San Antonio has always been super weeb, people are always surprised but it's nothing new.
>>
>>8912739
So what your saying is to make a $900 cosplay and spend 100+ hours on it then I can bang hot anime chicks?
>>
>>8912831
Yes, and make sure you spend some time in the gym getting ripped too anon.
>>
>>8912842
Do I need to get bronzed as well? I kinda like being pale.
>>
>>8911620
>>8910048
>>8910066
>>8910069
Mini A-kon was *oh surprise* extremely underwhelming. It was a bunch of the worst type of weebs shoved into one big room. There were maybe 1-2 rows of an "artist alley" and I only saw one guy selling figures but honestly I only went to try and win the passes to A-kon. They were having major sound issues during the raffle and I left immediately after that. I liked it far more when it was at that library location but I know why they moved it to this new space. Lots of people. Honestly if you went and expected anything substantial, you shouldn't have. Just a good time to hang out with friends randomly in half pieced together cosplay or a trial run for the real thing.
>>
>>8912739
I don't want to bang any of the popular models/cosplayers or any of that. We want cute girls that are legit into the scene. In fact, you kind of misinterpreted every aspect of my post. I don't want to fuck them while wearing the costumes, just the girls that are IN costumes. The ones super into the convention scene and love the subject. We aren't dudebros looking to get our dicks wet, we are guys that like this stuff but have no convention experience, AND want to meet some girls that are into the stuff AND know the convention scene.

The underlying anger in your post is kinda hilarious though, just makes me think you're a self-loathing conventioner that tried to bang some conslut and got turned down lol.
>>
>>8913703
>not looking to get dicks wet
>post only asking how to get dicks wet

Yeah OK. Maybe a good way to pick up a cosplay girl is to not treat them like your personal brothel. Any girl there because they love cosplay and Anime is going to want to spend the con wearing cosplay and talking about Anime, not banging some shitty asshole.
>>
>>8913708
>"We aren't dudebros" looking to get our dicks wet
What is reading comprehension. You need to turn down that self-loathing knob by about 90 dude. No need to be so pissed there's people out there that will pursue sex with girls.
>>
Unpopular opinions about Texas cons:

Anime Matsuri as a con isn't bad at all.
>>
>>8913740
No one cares about your opinion Stefan.
>>
>>8913727
LOL, do you think I'm a man? I'm one of the cosplay girls your dick is so desperate to fuck. I'm telling you that your current approach is not going to get you what you want.
>>
>>8913743
Who the fuck is that?
>>
>>8909108
New Austin Con? Details? I'd like to go to another local con, plus I'm looking for a second con to table at since I got waitlisted for A-kon and I'm not confident I'll be getting a table. All I got this year is Classic Game Fest...
>>
>>8912191
San Japan. Because it is on the Riverwalk. If you strike out with the weebs you can find some desperate housewives in town for a work conference.
>>
http://www.a-kon.com/Explore/J-Fashion

2 1/2 months with nothing announced. No guests, no tea party updates, no model tryouts, no programming.

Still got a bunch of Steampunk guest news that only the freaks care about.

Never change A-Kon.
>>
>>8914641
>only the freaks care about
>the freaks
>calling other people freaks at an anime con.
I couldn't give less of a shit about a Steampunk, but come on, anon.
>>
>>8914641
It doesn't change because niggers like you keep going each year.
>>
>>8913972
I think they're talking about Anime Austin?
>>
>>8914855
I go for free. I'm just calling them out because they said they'd have a glorious guest list this year with actual Japanese fashion guests which people care about. We'd see music guests with bands connected to current anime series. They would give us reasons people should go to A-Kon over DCC.

The best they can offer is 50% off guy.

Nothing changes. Nobody at the top listens.
>>
>>8914935

Panel stuff got much better, so some changes can happen but I guess you gotta royally fuck up to get axed. Isn't the Metroplex group coordinating all the lolita stuff though?
>>
>>8913489
Well my thing is that I really enjoyed the last mini a-kon. I'm disappointed because it wasn't equal or greater quality. That's reasonable, right?
>>
>>8914980
Who have been very quiet on what's going on if anything.
>>
I live in the FortWorth/Dallas area and last year I went to AnimeFest for the first time I say I enjoyed it as my first con
>>
>>8910692
We have LolitaCollective here in GA events all the time. They are good price-ways, and are a really great place to either
1) purchase babby's first coord
2) Picking up lots of nice filler items!!

Their stock varies and the support local artists too. I want to give them some of my things to sell, too.

The girls are super sweet, too!!!
>>
>>8915229
Because Afest is a top tier con despite it's size. SJ and Afest have been close competitors for best con in TX for years now. Though with Afest getting the same guests for three years now, it's kind of hard not to put SJ on top.
>>
>>8915248
So would you recommend me giving sj a try if i did have a chance or no? What makes a-fest better than sj or vice versa
>>
Went to San Japan last year and it was seriously super fun.

I would love to fly in and go this year... Why did they move the date to the same weekend as Dragon*Con?
>>
>>8915248
I think you're the only person that feels that way. SJ is hands down the best con in Texas, and most people feel that way after AM fucked themselves over.
>>
>>8915380

It wasn't on purpose, the Chairman said during closing ceremonies it was the only weekend he could reserve everything for. As a matter of fact, I think I remember him saying he wish he didn't have to, but that's how it goes sometimes.
>>
>>8915407
Afest is solid. They might not have as much programming but the actually being in Japanese industry guests every year.
>>
>>8914912
Ah, thanks anon! I took a look at their site and they don't mention anything about artist alley. Only vendors. Hmm.
>>
>>8910073
Mineralblu is the biggest egotistical maniac
>>
>>8915297
>would you recommend
I encourage you to go to SJ. You won't regret it. I've been going since SJ3 and haven't stopped since.
>What makes SJ/Afest better?
SJ: Best management of any con, very acceptive of panels, know how to run a cosplay show
Afest: Japanese guests every year unless they pull a year where they get Bowling for Soup, badges are sent to your house instead of you picking them up, very well managed
>>
>>8915423
>posting a number on 4chan

looks legit
>>
I try to go to Akon, but rarely can. I always go to SGC, though. I'll be making Grey Knight Armor from Warhammer 40,000!
>>
>>8915380
The convention center that holds the con is undergoing major construction that won't be completely finished until 2018, and as such they have less space to put their clients in until it's done, so SJ moved dates as not to have to compete with other types of con (business, etc)
As the other anon said, chairman didn't want to, they'll be back to their normal date once the construction is over.
>>
Is Delta H Con worth the trip/hotel ?
>>
>>8915710
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/anime-austin-artist-alley-tickets-20423793115
>>
>>8915178
Majority of us have no idea what's going on. Our mods who do know have told us very little so we know about as much as y'all.
>>
Is All Con any good? Thinking of going for a day.
>>
>>8916854

Maybe 'cause the mods are too busy running their own con to care about A-kon. It's not Metroplex running the show if it's only a few mods pulling the strings.
>>
>>8916492
Jesus christ no.
It's smaller than/close to the same size as oni-con.
>>
>>8917154
And they didn't really even tell many people outside of their own "circle" that they were setting something up for A-kon so it's not even a Metroplex event honestly. I'm interested to see how it goes.
>>
>>8917302

If it's not even really run by Metroplex why are they treating it like some big comm effort? They submitted panels but then needed other people to run them? The picture A-kon is using isn't even from a comm meet either.
>>
>>8913489
I'd figured it would be on the underwhelming side but I'd still like to go just to meet fellow anime fans (Kinda strange I wish upon that as I have considered myself a lonewolf in the past) but when I read "Worst type of weebs" I'm going to assume it's the creepy stalky, stinky weebs with no real social awareness..

Have a sister who's looking into cosplaying but as an overprotective brother.. I fear of losing myself and kicking someone's ass if they glomp her. (Came SO close to jumping this one annoying deadpool "cosplayer" at A-kon)
>>
>>8917308
I'm all for our comm trying to implement jfashion/lolita things at A-kon since A-kon has never given a shit otherwise, but...
>>
Akon just posted another band. I'm disappointed. They aren't even from Japan.
>>
>>8918707
Most of the guests they've announced I've just been like "Literally who?" That's probably just because I'm not much into cosplay at all, though.
>>
>>8918730

I'm excited about Elffi but I'm not familiar with the others. Waiting to see about the lolita guests.
>>
Aggiecon in a few weeks, College Station.
>>
>>8916914
It's okay if you have nothing else to do for talking to other people and a quick look at a small vending area. Panels were pretty shit when I went, though, as we're guests.
>>
>>8918730
Keep up the disappointment, A-Kon. We know you'll never actually care to listen to what the vocal majority actually wants like current anything.
>>
>>8918364
always keep an eye on them deadpool cosplayers. 90% of the time their gonna act like asses.
>>
>>8918945
Don't have to tell me twice! I just pray I do not lose my shit and publically give them a beating... to which will either get me kicked out... or arrested for that matter..
>>
>>8918929

Well the obvious answer is to flood the Facebook group with whatever shit band you want cause that looks like what happened with the new band they announced.
So they listen but no one else flooded the group. You can only blame yourselves.
>>
>>8917231
Much smaller than oni in attendance imo
>>
>>8918989
They could have paid attention to current anime to do an ounce of research to current anything. I know it was because of tumblrfags they thought the shit band announced would make a ripple.

Hey A-Kon tumblr-chan (who is well known to read cgl) don't listen to them. Because you listened to them they'll now be begging for you to bring Toby Fox or Andrew Hussie. Believe it.
>>
How about the fact that DCC is competing with A-kon this year and is bringing in a ton of anime voice guests? Considering in the past they've been known to absolutely hate anime cosplayers...
>>
>>8919035

I think tumblr warned people it was just ignored
>>
>>8919035

The ghost band was posted multiple times on the akon Facebook by some fanboy not tumblr
>>
>>8918988
if it makes you feel any better, its not that hard to get em kicked out. ive gotten a DP cosplayer kicked out based on his behavior alone.
>>
>>8909094
/mu/ here

I came on here to ask all of you to please keep your weaboo shit out of SXSW next year.

Seriously, what the fuck are you even doing here? You all look gay as shit standing in the middle of Cesar Chavez in your cartoon costumes.
>>
>>8913946
Stefan aka Jebus of /a/, is a tripfag and ongoing joke on /cgl/, who made himself famous by consistently being a borderline rapist and shitting on a towel in his hotel room that he was sharing with other people.

He also wanted to DJ a convention with some gay pony mixtape, but no one talks about that.
>>
>>8920008
Moving on.
>>
Gonna submit a panel to run at San Japan this year. Wish it wasn't so late in the year though. Can't find a good duo costume for my friend and I to go as, we went as mermaid man and barnacle boy last year and I can't think of anything to follow that up
>>
>>8919995
Actually that does make me a whole lot better.

Thank you, I didn't think I could just report on behavior.
>>
>>8920094
yeah dude, the deadpool cosplayer was hanging off the sides of escalators and doing general jackassery with homestuck cosplayers. I saw that shit happenening and let an cop officer around the corner what was happeneing. Heard later a deadpool cosplayer got kicked out.
>>
>>8920059
As long as it isn't a character Q&A. SJ makes me so happy by rejecting all of them. They always devolve into weird pervy nonsense.
>>
>>8920199
Nah. I'm thinking "waifu wars" bracket battles. I went to something similar last year that was pretty fun
>>
>>8920204

That sounds just as bad the Q&A except somehow more pathetic
>>
>>8920340
well fuck you then you aren't invited
>>
>>8920340
>anything being more pathetic than kids LARPing headcanon shipping shenanigans in front of an audience
>>
>>8920008
you realize that, other than southby gaming, Austin has three anime conventions, and two gaming conventions, and a gay geek convention, right?
Of all of those, I'd say SXSW gaming has the smallest group of cosplayers.
Though I missed this year, so maybe it jumped over the smaller events in terms of cosplay.
>>
>>8913740
I know a lot of inside stuff about Matsuri, and the honest truth is, it's run better than most shows.
It's almost exclusively John that fucks up a bunch of shit every year.
Also, they lie about numbers every year, but you won't find a con that doesn't.
>>
>>8916492
meh its a growing con so if you can make it without hurting your wallet too badly it's ok
>>
>>8920475
AM is not as bad as /cgl/ likes to make it out to be, but if your main events are 2 hours late you are not the best con in texas. Even if it's all John's fault it happens, it still happens
>>
>>8920204
>>8920357
Hey Stefan
>>
>>8920868
who? not me lol
>>
>>8920868

He's pissed his panels for akon got rejected. Curious to know what he submitted.
>>
>>8921135
They didn't get rejected, he didn't submit any because the person running submissions hates him lmao
He ran the disaster that was Hentaifest at AM so God only knows what he would've submitted for A-Kon
>>
>>8921140

He mentioned submitting them but got rejected. It was probably the panel he did at AM. If that's the case then it got rejected because akon git rid of hentaifest years ago. I don't think they would start it up again.
>>
>>8919281
I noticed this to.
It's one thing to be stuck with the same weekend due to venue issues (which has happened to other local cons in the past) but DCC being directly confrontational by bringing anime related stuff to the con when they've never catered to the scene before is...something.

Not that anyone I know is going to DCC anyway, animu guests or not, since that con and its clones are awful.

Honestly it seems foolish on DCC's part to try any go head to head with A-kon.
Not that A-kon is great but DCC's prices vs activities are never even close to worth it.
>>
>>8921657

I don't think they have issues with anime cosplayers, but I know one of the conventions didn't have a choice on the date, and the other was locked in. It wasn't anything either of them wanted. I'd have to expect that by competing, they both lose attendance.

DCC has had anime voice actors before though. A lot of the guests this year were at the one last year too.
>>
>>8921688

Staff on Facebook mentioned DCC did it to directly compete though. It's not like Akon has changed their weekends. It's nearly always first week in June.
>>
>>8921830

When? I have never seen any post like this.
>>
>>8919281
They've always had anime voice guests (last year Vic was present as well as several others), but this year they're being much more aggressive about trying to compete with A-Kon this year because they see them as a threat (which makes zero sense).
>>
>>8921830
>>8921838
I have heard from friends of friends that staff did this 100% on purpose to compete with A-kon and apparently some A-kon staffers think the numbers are going to be somewhat low this year because of DCC. I can't wait to see.
>>
>>8921952

They had the same number as last year, and mostly repeats. Also, if A-Kon wants to keep getting guests that most people could care less about, it's not going to be hard to top them.

>>8921955

>friends of friends that staff did this
Sounds totally believable. Even though they'd have no reason to compete with them, as it'd lower their ticket sales for their biggest local show of the year. What would they have to gain?
>>
>>8921135
Something about A-Kon doesn't do 18+ panels anymore. Is this true?
>>
>>8920859
AM wasn't late for anything this year. At least for the panels I went to.
>>
>>8922083
Panels aren't usually the problem. The main events are terrible. The fashion show has been 2 hours late for several years. Cosplay also starts late. Concerts start late. I can get 10-20 minutes for some things, but if any event is 2 hours late more than once you fire the guy in charge. To bad he's the owners husband so that will never happen.
>>
>>8922076

According to the new person in charge there will be plenty of 18+ panels. I think it's just hentaifest that was dropped ages ago.
>>
>>8917308
Who said they were treating it like a comm effort? I never got that impression.
>>
>>8922509

Hentaifest got dropped for very good reasons though. People were masturbating in the audience, cumming on the chairs, leaving cum-stained tissues, and the staff was having to clean it up. That kind of situation could get them kicked out entirely, and it wasn't worth the risk. I've heard rumors someone shit in the back of the room one year as well. If you run a con and keep finding things like this are happening, you'd probably consider cancelling it too.
>>
>>8922596
It should be treated like a comm effort. Instead, we're all in the dark while A-kon advertises it as a Metroplex event when, in reality, only four people actually know what's going on. And those four people won't tell anyone else in the comm (super active) what's going on. Idk who else I speak for but I know a few of us didn't even know the comm was trying to do Lolita stuff this year until we found out via the A-kon page.
>>
>>8922814

Don't know the situation for A-Kon, but I know in other cons I have worked for the groups weren't allowed to say anything until they were given a green light from the con itself due to contracts. Not sure if this is the same issue, but I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>8922454
Went this yr and they were only 15 minutes late and last year they were 30 minutes late for the fashion show. I would say they are improving on their time management but waiting in line for these things is such a drag.
>>
>>8922730

Pretty much this right here. Groups keeo trying offer to run it but it gets shut down every time. I don't know why anyone bothers anymore. It's not coming back.
>>
>>8922596
In the same way the Tea Party at ikkicon was a concerted effort between ATX and a number of SATX and metroplex lolitas. Or how San Japan's lolita events were hosted by the SATX comm.

Seeing as A-kon is in Dallas, it would follow that the Metroplex comm would be the ones hosting and organizing the lolita events.
It wouldn't make sense that A-kon staff or individual lolitas would do this solo or without consulting a group with large numbers who can offer support.
>>
>>8921140

Honestly who wouldn't hate him? He's got a bad rep at many cons, from competitions to staff to guest interactions.

>>8922076

I had an 18+ panel get in this year. It's just direct porn showings, like hentaifest, that won't get in. They had record numbers of 18+ submissions from what I've heard.

>>8922596

Mods posting on the page asking for people to help run the 101 panel. They're treating it like the whole comm is involved when it's like, really? The mods are submitting panels and then asking for help. We don't know anything else about the lolita goings on and it's not like mods are filling people in at meets.

I have no problem if it's just the mods running things because they were hired on by A-kon as J-fash staff, but don't treat it like a comm effort if it really isn't. I'm not even talking about secret knowledge like guests, etc. but basic stuff like panels. They clearly knew what they wanted to do, programming-wise, and then sought the people to make it happen instead of getting group opinions about the content people would like to see. Whoever from Metroplex is the J-fash staff is definitely NOT consulting the main group.
>>
>>8922838

It's very different from not being given a green light and not being allowed to tell us anything. It's more that they just don't feel like they have to explain anything to us. We had no idea they were even interested in doing stuff at A-kon until they had already done it and then begged us for help. Instead of coming to us beforehand and gathering a large number of help and THEN setting everything up.

Like >>8922959 said, they pretty much went to A-kon and submitted all these panels and waited until the panels were accepted before asking for help on any of them. "We need MUAs for this panel, we need x for this panel" and everyone already has their A-kon schedules put together or their cosplays together if they cosplay or whatever and no one is able to help.
They are pretty much marketing these panels to specific people but those people don't want to help.
But then again, if you knew who was on the jfashion staff you wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>8922976

I know other Metroplex girls submitted lolita panels, too. So I really wish the mods had come up with some panel ideas and pitched them to the group so others could say "I was already planning to submit that, I can take it on" or this way the mods could not double up? 'Cause aren't there going to be two makeup panels? I'd also heard that they asked for help with the 101 panel but a mod had already written the panel.

I would think that if a mod is the J-fashion staff they can just say what panels they want to do and it's already in, like not the real submission process. It's a weird grey area I guess, but it's very clear that it's not a group effort if people aren't being kept in the loop.
>>
>>8922999
I don't know who all submitted lolita related panels other than the people helping out with the j fashion stuff? And I think only one comm mod is on the j fashion staff.

I mean good luck to them with what they have and maybe next year it won't be as in the dark if we continue but I don't know what to expect this time around. I hope they let comm members participate in the fashion show at least.
>>
>>8922999
Anon, you sound salty that no one asked for your two cents.

The Metroplex comm has 500+ people. If every person was consulted before any decision was made nothing would ever get done. What are you doing to help with the J-Fashion program since you so badly want to participate? Why is it that now, when someone FINALLY tries to get us lolitas programming at A-Kon, you're bitching about how no one discussed it with you?

What stopped you from putting in a panel before? A-Kon had like 3 Lolita panels last year and a swap, so where were you with all your great ideas and sense of community??

Oh right, sitting at home, not doing shit.
>>
>>8923158
Because making constant salty facebook posts helps just as much.
>>
>>8923114
Is there even going to be a fashion show? A-kon's site is vague. I want to apply, but I'm out of state.
>>
Why do lolita comms always have to start shitty drama? I'm sure whatever happens it won't be as bad as the last time they tried a fashion show.

Moving on, anyone else get their panel accepted?
>>
>>8922959
>He's got a bad rep at many cons, from competitions to staff to guest interactions.
A-Kon doesn't count as "many cons", anon.

>>8923282
>Why do lolita comms always have to start shitty drama?
Because no one gives two shits about them unless they start shit.
>>
>>8923737
LMAO You seriously can't tell the difference between someone liking you and someone making fun of you?? You're way more of a sperg than I thought
>>
So glad I moved away from Texas.
>>
>>8923838
Where to?
>>
>>8923867

Anywhere is better than Texas. This entire community has went to shit.
>>
>>8923873
Not him, but this.

If one tripfag can rustle an entire community, something is definitely wrong.
>>
>>8923888

I would sell my soul for the biggest problem in the Texas convention scene to be a single tripfag. It's widespread shit everywhere.
>>
So, Stefan, how's your teaching job? :^)

Anyhow, anyone been to A-Kon? I'm going and would like to know if the game room is any good. The site seems to list a good number of games, but you never know. I'm just waiting for San Japan and their fucking great game room.

Btw, someone ft5 me in Third Strike, plz.
>>
>>8923920

Game room tends to be decent. Normally doesn't require a badge either so you can ghost if you want. Tournaments are decent, pretty standard level of players for this area.
>>
Tumblr-chan is saying Vampy is a guest. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>8924292
You know you can just check the website right? She's listed right there...
>>
every thread you guys go 'hope theres no drama' and yet every time, you have to feed jebus like there's no tomorrow and a Texas thread just devolves into this bullshit and you guys don't even realize you're half the problem.

the irony.
>>
>>8924585
Speaking for myself of course, but it's not people disparaging the drama that feed the trolls/trips and rehash the same rumor mill garbage in every thread.
It's always the same few assholes, thinking they're clever.
You can tell because the wording never changes from thread to thread.
And now my on topic contribution, anyone else notice that when the rules for the A-Kon costume contest were released it said there were only going to be the master and novice categories, but when you signed up online there were three categories? Not that I'm complaining, much prefer three categories. Just thought hat was strange. I'll have to check the rules again, see if they changed.
>>
>>8924611

Oh you're right. There was an argument on another thread about the system awhile ago. Maybe they read it
>>
>>8924614
Yeah I just checked and it's changed in the posted rules too! Maybe they did listen...
>>
>>8924585
Jebus doesn't even have to be here to stir up shit. It's like the same people like to bring him up so they can shitpost.
>>
>>8924924
>>8924585
>>8923823
>>8923737
>>8923711
>>8923702
>>8923688
Why does anyone bother to bring up/talk about/pay attention to Jebus?

Everytime he comes up at all, posting himself or someone bringing him up to shit on him, Texas threads fall to shit.

Can't we just ignore him?

I give no fucks about this guy, I'm so tired of threads getting derailed.
>>
>>8927014
Woah, looks like a whole lot of posts were deleted.

sage for no contribution to discussion.
>>
>>8920008
there was like 2% and only 1% looked half decent calm yourself
>>
File: 1441654991421.png (78KB, 314x355px) Image search: [Google]
1441654991421.png
78KB, 314x355px
>>8909176
>>8918730
>>8918707
>>8918929
>>8919035
>>8921135
>>8922509
>>8922076
They've lost a LOT of panelists. I'm not sure if it's because they aren't asking them back, the speakers aren't returning, or if whoever's in charge is just an idiot.

Niche interests included, last year had maybe 6-10 decent panels across the entire weekend. At least three of those aren't returning. The guy from Mangagamer told me that as much as he enjoyed the weekend dealing with the dickheads in charge just wasn't worth it.

If Helen McCarthy and the other informative panels stopped showing up I'd probably stop going altogether.
>>
On a side note; are there any good cosplayers in Texas? I wanna find more of people's work.
>>
>>8927054

Well they sacked the person who was in charge that screwed everything up. I figure as bad as it was they can only go up from here? I may be fooling myself though.
>>
>>8927014
Because the same people who decide to bring him up and watch Texas threads fall apart think it's "funny". I'm surprised "Jebus did nothing wrong" hasn't become a meme on this board yet.

Also, why the fuck did you revive this thread? It was close to deletion and now just more shitposting.
>>
>>8927054
Last year's a-kon was terrible. I'm only going this year because I wanted to give some of the new guys some hope, but you can tell there's some difficulty in the highers up. If management can get their act together they wouldn't have half of their problems.

>>8923267
Should be one, no details up on it yet though.

>>8923114
I don't get what you and >>8922999 are griping about being in the dark. If you're not on the staff you don't get knowledge about what goes on until it's posted unless someone opens their mouth. Every con is like this except maybe Matsuri. Most con staff can't give details because of changes, last minute differences, contracting, things the convention is in charge of. If you aren't in charge of working with them then they usually keep you in the dark. Have you worked a convention before? It's a very busy ordeal.
>>
>>8927196
Before our usual troll comes by and says Colony Drop, I mean yes, there are. There's always some really impressive entries at the cosplay contest at San Japan and around the floor on that con and A-Kon. The cosfamu ones are gonna be like Carl Martin, Sheena Duquette, Twinzik and Atelier Heidi to a degree etc., but there all also a lot of talented people who are more quiet.
>>
>>8927196
I really like Ponnchi. She is one of the lowkey cosplayers like >>8927958 mentioned. Bless her heart for going all out with the Miia cosplay.
>>
>>8927958
Who thinks colony drop is good?
>>
>>8927991
Dude that's the point, the shitpoater comes by, says "colony drop is the best ever their construction is always so clean" and a million people reply "what are you talking about!!!1!" "Hi Lorelei" "Colony Drop sucks" etc
Every. Damn. Time.
>>
>>8927225

Can this be confirmed? I didn't submit any panels this year because last year I had a terrible experience.
>>
>>8928047
I had panels approved and the person who did it had a different name than the girl from last year. Thank god
>>
>>8927958
>>8927965
Tell me more about lesser known cosplayers. I hear the big names all the time, so I'd like something new.
>>
>>8927958
Sheena isn't Texas anymore.
>>
>>8928047
>>8928093
I don't think she got sacked but she isn't in charge of panels anymore. They're coming from a new girl but the older one still answered questions for me, it was weird.
>>
>>8928430
Ashley Ren and Velours Requiem are a couple that I like. They also make all of their own stuff which is A++
>>
>>8928900
>Ashley ren

Wow, it's the sandbagging rapidash. It looks like she's improved a lot over the years.
>>
>>8928961
>rapidash
I remember that whole thing was put together with gluegun glue and the head colapsed during one of the San Japan cosplay shows. Good to see people improve though.
>>
>>8928961
Her attitude is piss poor though. She seems to throw a fit if she doesn't win an award at a con no matter how small the con is.
>>
>>8929001
Can you blame a 12-13 year old for being a crybaby? She's seems to be a lot better now, considering that was what, 5 years ago?
>>
>>8929032
Oh, no. I'm saying right now. Like currently she is still a crybaby. Not as bad, but definitely still a crybaby. Typical teenager though.
>>
>>8929048
I have no idea what you're talking about then because I haven't seen her do anything recently proving that. I'm curious to see if you can find anything though.
>>
>>8929048
She hasn't even done anything recently, including competitions. Sounds like you have a vendetta.
There are plenty of worse crybabies in the Texas comm than her.
>>
>>8928454
Shows how much I pay attention. Whatevs.
>>
>>8928430
How about Tall Princess (I believe thats what she goes by), the one who had that gorgeous Cinderella gown at San Japan? And she was the step mother the day before. Both costumes were beautiful.
>>
>>8929563
Her Facebook is covered in posts about 2cons she just went to and 2 awards she won at them...
>>
>>8929048
>>8929563
I saw her compete at ANT and Ikkicon and she didn't win anything. But I didn't see her go and complain about it. If anything it seemed to not bother her since she seemed more interested in the pictures she got back than the contest itself.
>>8929662
For two different costumes I might add. Looks like her sandbagging costume days are over.

I do know she used to be a really shitty kid when she was younger, but I'm impressed at how much she's improved. Guess that came with age though.
>>
>>8929662
Are we looking at the same profile, because her fb is barely what I'd call even close to 'covered in posts' about cons and awards, anon.
>>
>>8929831
Guess so because there are like 10 over the month of March.
>>
>>8928900
>Velours Requiem

She's been one of my idols since I started cosplaying and she's only gotten even more amazing.
>>
>>8929831
>>8929845
Not the same anon, but I agree. There's only 3 posts directly mentioning con awards, 2 of which were from the cons themselves. So I don't know what page your looking at, but it's obviously not the same one.
>>
>>8929865

I got a chance to talk to her last year after a panel at Afest She was very polite and was happy to answer questions on how she made parts of her cosplay.
>>
>>8929865
>>8928900

What the fuck? Are you guys serious? Her stuff looks so average.
>>
File: Untitled.png (66KB, 253x200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
66KB, 253x200px
>>8909100
>Arkansas

Fucking murder yourself.
>>
>>8928430
I fell in love with Kadiaa Cosplay after they won an award at AM. They seem to genuinely love cosplay and crafting and the girl was really sweet to chat with.
>>
>>8930188
Sorry you're basic? I've never gotten that from her stuff after having seen it in person.
>>
>>8928430
Pluto Knights are great. Also 100% drama free.
>>
>>8930188
I would agree that half of it is presentation. I feel like some of the stuff she does would blend in (like beads and jewelry, using certain materials, etc... many people do that and don't type an essay about it) if she didn't point it out in social media posts, but her craftsmanship is solid, she's not a lolcow, and she's nice.
>>
Does anyone know if octopimp is still going to a-kon? I wanna say probably not but I wish I knew why. Was really looking forward to it.
>>
File: 1439464063067.png (81KB, 218x270px) Image search: [Google]
1439464063067.png
81KB, 218x270px
/a/ /vg/ goer here. Have gone to A-kon with my brother for about 4 years, though this year is the first year we've actually booked a room and also the first year we're doing cosplay. Any advice regarding meals or cosplay or anything else of the sort?
>>
>>8933770
Wear a good deodorant and bathe everyday. Twice a day if possible.
For the meals, try to eat at off times, like 11 for lunch and 5 for dinner. If you try to eat at the peak hours you'll waste alot of time dealing with crowds in my experience.
Or since you have a room keep it stocked with stuff you can much on.
>>
>>8933770
Bring a cooler with bread and lunch meat/peanut butter or whatever, also snacks if you can. If you have a bag carry a granola bar with you or something. If you get hungry and just want something quick to tide you over until your next actual meal, it can help. If you're staying at the con hotel, the rooms don't have mini fridges. Denny's will be packed, even if you go late. The barbecue place down the street is good, but it's small.
>>
>>8933111

Not sure why they aren't on the website, but they stated they are still going on the Tumblr multiple times.
>>
Anyone else going to Mizuumi?
>>
>>8920008
We own SXSW now. Levitation and FFF is where all the weebs gonna be next. Look out hipster scum, webs will soon take over all of your Texas conventions.
>>
>>8933770
Don't think you can stand outside and wait for the food trucks to get around to you, especially in costume. I've done that and it was the worst mistake of my life.
I carry a small bag with me filled with granola bars and protein bars and eat at night after the con is mostly over for the day.
>>
>>8933770
A-kon pretty much won't feed you, so be prepared to travel for food or survive off sandwiches and stuff you bring from home. Most of the time it isn't worth waiting in line for the food trucks, and the cafe in the lobby is always swamped. Plan to bring enough snacks/nonperishable foods to give you a few solid meals.
>>
I was actually expecting some no-name indie lolita seamstress, but A-Kon gave us Mossbadger instead. I'm pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>8933790
>>8933815
>>8934746
>>8934792
Thanks dudes.

also how are meetups? I was going to go to one last year but couldn't because of reasons
>>
>>8934897
You will be surprised about who they announce next
>>
>>8935086
Depends on the fandom, desu. And the person running the meetup. If they're really organized and on top of things, it can be awesome. If they're some over eager 14 year old, well...
>>
>>8935104
Oh my sweet lord autocorrect did t b h to desu sweet fuck I am crying
>>
>>8935106
It's a board-wide filter.
>>
>>8935096

I'm guessing another steampunk guest or author no one has ever heard of?
>>
>>8935124
My phone has done weirder shit it's lifetime, didn't even consider it not being the phone, lol
>>
>>8935136
Exactly
>>
>>8933770
>/a/
Shouldn't you be hanging out with jebus?
>>
>>8935338
Don't. A chunk of this thread has already been purged because of him.
>>
>>8933770

There are also a lot of delivery type companies now like the one Uber runs. I suggest looking into those as another option.
>>
File: 1403725892852.jpg (79KB, 635x479px) Image search: [Google]
1403725892852.jpg
79KB, 635x479px
>>8935104
What do you mean by 'depends on the fandom'?
last year there were only a few meetups mentioned and didn't really specify anything having to do with fandom

>>8935338
>Implying I don't already have him filtered
filters are a wonderful thing that everyone should use when needed

>>8935365
You mean like food deliveries?
>>
>>8935405
You were talking about /cgl/ meetups I take it. Other anon thought you meant the fandom cosplay photoshoot meets.

If no one has said anything in this thread I assume no one has planned a seagull meet.
>>
>>8934712
I am.
>>
>>8934712
>>8935426
Another going here.
Hope the weather is good.
>>
>>8935439
This js my first time going, is it mostly outside and what time does it start? They dont have hours or a schedule listed on the website.
>>
>>8935405
>You mean like food deliveries?
Not that anon, but yes. Uber's is called Uber Eats I believe. Tapingo is big here. There's also Order Up and so many other ones.
>>
>>8935448
It's starts at 10 technically but plan on being there at 9 to get your badge, the lines get horrible the later you are.
It's mostly outdoors (food etc) with the few panels and cosplay being inside. The vendors hall is in the gym and is hot as fuck, so warnings on that.
Also the school does have its own cafeteria indoors if you don't like the outdoor food booths, but it's more expensive.
>>
>>8935557
cool, thanks for info. anyone else cosplayin?
>>
>>8935422
That's kinda what I meant. Are the /cgl/ meetups worth going to?

>>8935527
Is it expensive?
>>
>>8935656
I will be but I think I'll probably be wearing something that's lazy and cool depending on the weather.
>>
>>8935656
Ill be cosplaying but i'm switching in and out of it twice on Saturday for performances. I'm just hoping the weather won't make me regret my cosplay plans
>>
>>8935729
>I'm just hoping the weather won't make me regret my cosplay plans
>south Texas weather
Oh it will.
>>
File: alycard.jpg (53KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
alycard.jpg
53KB, 960x636px
>>8928430
alycard is nice.
some of her stuff is really good.
>>
>>8935665
Depends on who shows up.
>>
>>8935787
I know its gonna suck for me, im gonna be in armor
>>
>>8936204
Dude. You're gonna roast, but good luck.
>>
A-kon just posted tea party information on Facebook.
"You are cordially invited to join the J-Fashion team for A-Kon 27's official Lolita Tea Party!
Enjoy the photo opportunities in the beautiful Verandah Club, sample delicious teas and treats, and perhaps walk away with a prize or two!
This year's theme is the Venetian Masquerade Ball! Bring out your masks and fancy attire, and come enjoy the festivities~
The dress code for the Lolita Tea Party will be strictly enforced -- you must be wearing Lolita, Ouji, Shironuri, or Aristocrat fashion.
*Cosplay of any kind, including lolita-themed cosplay, will not be allowed.*
Lolita tea party tickets will be available for purchase on April 4th!"
>>
>>8936958
Not run by the maid cafe? An actual lolita tea party? Holy fuck
>>
>>8937397

I think it's a completely different group doing the fashion stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the maids had their own shitty version, but this looks to be the real deal at least.

Anyone know how much tickets will be?
>>
>>8935136
>>8935250
Nope! I'm just gonna say its a j-fashion guest from Japan. Pretty well known too. I think you really will be surprised after all the unknown guests have been announced
>>
>>8937468
I'm starting to love this "putting lolitas in charge" thing the con is doing (finally). Now i'm guessing we'll have to go to everything to make sure they don't make it a one-time deal. It saves me money on buying a cosplay this year.
>>
>>8937504
also wondering who this person is. I'll die if it's Misako or Dakota Rose, doubting it but i will die if this con ever got them.
>>
>>8937528
I wish it was Misako too but we can only dream she will go to a Texas convention outside of AM
>>
>>8937504
Yandy man plz
>>
>>8937658
Seconded. Please make it Mr. Yan. And his hat.
>>
>>8937504

Tumblrchan confirmed this morning. It's a fashion guest of some sort.
>>
>>8938176

You can always buy his body pillow and hat on the website if you need cheering up.
>>
>>8937547
>>8937658
>>8938176
It's not a lolita guest but I think this style could be fused with lolita
>>
>>8938339
If it's Minori I will freak out
>>
>>8936958

Tickets are $35. I'm on the fence about going because on the one hand, I'd love to finally attend a tea party. On the other hand, it seems like this type of event really courts a super OTT outfit and I'm just not sure I have the time nor the energy to do that type of coord amongst my other outfits and cosplay plans. I guess I have time to decide. I'm just hoping they have plenty of food.
>>
>>8938390
Seconding this, I met her at AM and would've died to spend more time with her.
>>
So I guess the tea party tickets are on sale? Anyone know of they sold out yet?
>>
>>8939035
I doubt they sold out. They just made the announcement on the facebook today. And with the reserve system they probably have more on hold.
>>
File: 1456695660913.jpg (13KB, 320x319px) Image search: [Google]
1456695660913.jpg
13KB, 320x319px
>>8921140
>Hentaifest
What was Hentaifest actually like? All I've heard was horror stories from volunteers
>>
>>8934740
Yeah good luck with that.

Austin is probably the least weab friendly place in Texas.

>but all the Japanese stuff

Yeah exactly. It's legit Japanese stuff, with people actually interested in the nomie side of Japan. They don't give a shit about cartoons, and all think it's weird as fuck that any grown adult would be.
>>
When is the best time to reserve a room at the Anatole for A-Kon? I just checked the hotel's site, looks like I got fucked over with rooms again this year by waiting too long
>>
>>8939541
The second they announce it. Not sure why you waited at all. It's a big con. What did you expect?
>>
>>8939541
To give you an idea, all the double queen rooms were booked in early February. Managed to snag a king with a pull out couch-bed a few days after constantly checking the website.
>>
Does Akon have one day tickets? How much are they?
>>
>>8939496
My friend went once and said they'd spotted a crusty blanket in the back corner of the room. It sat there all night, no one wanted to pick it up.

The first time I went to one at animefest, we watched Viper GTS and it was hilarious.

The second time I went, two or so years ago at AM, I was bored out of my mind because the staffers seemed like autistic morons and had no chants, only bad porn.

If that Mami cosplayer is still running it, it's not even entertaining.
>>
/k/ here, dallasfag too. what are some upcoming events, i want an excuse to wear battlerattle in public.
also, on a scale from 1 to ohshitnigga, how many of you are packing under your dress but dont carry a weapon if you get my meaning.
>>
>>8939705
They usually post the one day prices closer to the con, I believe it was $45 for Saturday last year?
>>
>>8939715
You mean Aaron? Anything he does is cringe material.
>>
>>8934740
Excellent, that means people will stop wanting to go to events in Austin and we can have places to live that aren't $1,500 for a 1 bed/1 bath built this century because fucking hipsters will buy it and live in it for a few weeks out of the year just to attend SXSW/ACL/FFF.
>>
I know it's pretty late for the reply, but I have an 18+ panel accepted for A-Kon.

On that subject, for the people who have been: How is A-Kon? I've never been before. Booked my room at the Sheraton because it was dirt cheap in comparison.
>>
>>8944738
Meh. A-Kon is what you make it. It's big, there are a lot of people, potential to have a lot of fun, but it's not a con that awesome of its own accord. You'll have fun if you make friends/meet friends and do stuff.
>>
>>8944738
Sheraton was a good move, imho
Being in the Anatole itself is fine, but the Sheraton doesn't have that huge of a drop in convenience. It right across the street, you aren't out in the heat terribly long, and you're paying less.
>>
I haven't been to the /cgl/ akon meet up in years, how is it these days?
Is Smoker still shitting it up?
>>
>>8949575
I don't think he was at the last one. A-kon before that maybe? IDK they all run together. Fun times.

I've been running the A-kon and A-fest meet ups for the past like idk 4 or 5 years it seems like now. I am not staying at the hotel for a-kon this year. But I will probably drop by and hang out. I guess I should post this in the line groups as well but I'm lazy. I probably know you or you know me if you have been in that time period OR were part of /cg+/.

When it gets closer to actual con time I'll post up some details of meeting times. Place will be the same as it always has because it works. I'd post pictures of us all from last con but I am too lazy to turn on old phone and get it off there. might do it later i dunno. we have fun.
>>
Why is Comicpalooza booking Lolita guests?
>>
>>8953486
Because H-Town wants loli guests but they don't want to go to shit show Matsuri.
>>
>>8913820
I did find it funny that they were referring to you as a guy and nine times out of ten, you're more likely to be talking to a girl on this board.
>>
>>8953845
But they don't really have an Anime/Japanese culture focus, it's just so out of place.
>>
>>8954083
They try to be the Wal-Mart of cons with trying to have everything. It doesn't mean that's a good thing.
>>
>>8953486
I saw that and was confused.
>>
>>8953412
For the /cgl/ meetup, do I have to cosplay?

I no nothing of cosplay but I do wish to make one someday
>>
>>8954439
nah were just a group of friends that all hang out at cons and enjoy ourselves. if you are of drinking age then you are more then welcome to come do that as well. However that will be more of an afest thing this year as I am not rooming for a-kon. It would def be a good place to get advice on cosplay though. We may be catty on here at times but in person it's totally different.
>>
>>8954533
Ah very well, hopefully I'll check ya out at afest
>>
www.houstonjapanfest.org/

Anyone going?
>>
>>8938390
>>8938424
Good news!
>http://a-kon-unofficial.tumblr.com/post/142656947429/welcome-to-a-kon-the-world-famous-minori-she
>>
>>8955701
Yeah, heard there was suppose to be a fashion show this year. Not sure if its worth or not
>>
File: 0bejAUR.jpg (99KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
0bejAUR.jpg
99KB, 640x640px
>>8957157
Yessssss
>>
Anyone going to fanexpo dallas?
>>
>>8957159
I don't know. I saw that it is being run by the same people that did that really good show 2 years ago at SXSW. It might be worth something
>>
>>8953486
because john has hands in comicpalooza... duh?
>>
I'm gettin excited about the con and want to see some videos, who are some good cosplay music video people who do a-kon.
>>
>>8960440
Nope nothing to do with John. Comicpalooza wanted to give people a good place to go.
>>
>>8961190
KevinTheDirector is a pretty cool dude. I was featured in a few of this videos but of course like all big cmv makers, he focuses on big name cosplayers mostly.
>>
>>8960440
John doesn't own comicpalooza. Where do people get this from?
>>
>>8961664
That's bullshit. You watch his videos and you don't even know how 85% of the people are. It's not all Jnig/Stella Chuu/Yaya shots.
>>
>>8961574
>>8961686
Baby also won't work with John. That's how Ikkicon got them. John has AP, Meta, and Putumayo, Baby isn't involved.
>>
>>8955701
It's tomorrow. I'll be going.
>>
>>8961686
He doesn't own or run comicpalooza ofc, but he puts money into the con and is friends with the people that own it.
>>
File: arino.jpg (76KB, 710x635px) Image search: [Google]
arino.jpg
76KB, 710x635px
>TFW I live in Granbury
>No cons near me at all and I'd have to drive a hour to go to one
>>
Anyone going to any of the photoshoots?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1diT2ROBVRBwba-Wkm1MKaH8ZQFoV1c1slEBc175UGGA/edit#gid=1918849762
>>
>>8963314
Just an hour? Stop complaining, most people have to drive 3+. The closest con near me is 5 hours. Texas a big state.
>>
>>8963314
>I'd have to drive a hour
Nigga is u for real
>>
>>8963296
>John putting money into anything he doesn't know
>Literally any other convention heads liking John
Okay, anon.
>>
>>8963314
GTFO out of Texas. If one hour is too much you need to move to New England where one hour will get you to another state. I drive 6+ hours to cons which is the norm.

>>8963879
The guy who runs Comicpalooza is not John Leigh but is named called John too. The Houston CVB owns 50% of Comicpalooza which was disclosed to the public when the CVB sued Space City over trademarks. Where is your source >>8963296 that Leigh has any kind of partnership with Comicpalooza?
>>
Anyone here going to animefest?
>>
>>8966873
Depends what kind of guests they get this year. Is it the Space Dandy guys? Again?
>>
>>8967289
Yeah it seems like it
I think it might be fun though
>>
>>8963314
>lives in Granbury

First off,
>>
anybody going to any of the sailor moon day things? is that james guy still running san antonio?
>>
File: 1430878309146.jpg (86KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1430878309146.jpg
86KB, 500x446px
>>8967583
You got something to say about granbury bro?
>>
Is anybody else watching the DFW drama blow up on facebook?
>>
>>8967957
What drama, be more specific
>>
>>8968069
This Daniel Novak guy who faked his brother's death to go to a concert in Pennsylvania and convinced someone else to buy his plane ticket. This Frost kid posted a ton of caps. There's another post about faking cancer. I think I've seen him before at a con but I don't know.
>>
>>8968077
He's also apparently using a dead girl's college tuition to go traveling around right now. Has also claimed rape a couple of times just to start shit.
>>
>>8968178
I met him at one of those sports day events. He told me about being raped after knowing him for 2 hours but then I saw him talking to his "rapist" later. I'm pretty sure he faked it all but I'm really upset that was a claim.
>>
>>8968077
Lol yeah. He works for Scarborough Faire and wanted to go to Burning Man, but Scarby is really strict about missing work, so they told everyone their brother died, guilted people into giving him money for plane tickets, then blew all the money getting his nails done, going to a vegan bakery, and partying.
>>
File: 1457710312816.jpg (65KB, 353x305px) Image search: [Google]
1457710312816.jpg
65KB, 353x305px
>>8968077
He's lied about having heart cancer, being raped, and a shirt ton of other stuff. It's almost sad how delusional he is.
>>
>>8968198
From the shit I've been following, he claims Matt was his rapist, and told literally every single person he dated afterwards and then reported back to the claimed-rapist that his current partner wanted to beat the shit out of them/hurt them. And then would actively post/harass Matt on facebook
>>
>>8968077
This guy named Rigel was defending him which caused a lot more shit. Several people made posts directed at Daniel
>>
>>8968077
Among other things he will befriend people and suddenly burn the bridges with them when he no longer needs that person. He'll start shit about them to gain sympathy.
>>
>>8968077
his name is daniel-jay novak, he accuses everyone he has dated in the past of some kind of sexual harassment or rape, and even accuses people he hasnt even dated. he has been lying about having heart cancer for years, even after having multiple friends with doctor parents or friends confirming he doesnt have normal symptoms, and continuously makes up lies about literally anything. he told facebook that his little brother died in order to get out of going to work at scarbrough faire and go to pennsylvannia for some festival/concert, and started posting selfies on instagram about it, and someone called him out saying "arent you supposed to be at a funeral?", then he deleted his instagram. last night, someone made a post of all the screen shots of the "dead brother's" girlfriend confirming that the brother was NOT dead, and the shit hit the fan. he sr=tarted calling and texting people crying admitting he was lying about things, and tried to say it was because he is "mentally ill". rigel and daniel's roommate are both defending him, even though daniel has used rigel for money and rides, and has admitted that he thinks rigel is pathetic. rigel called the screen shot post "bullying", and the shit hit the fan again. hoards, masses, of people came out to tell stories against daniel, and messaged the person who made the original post with their stories and wanting more details, and people are still asking and reposting the original post almost 24 hours later. so thats where we are now in the story, i will try to keep you updated.
>>
>>8968532
sorry about any spelling errors, i was typing furiously and didnt check.
>>
>>8911971
no, but she did go ass to mouth
>>
>>8968532
What in the fuck
>>
>>8968537
YOU NEVER GO ASS TO MOUTH
>>
>>8968567
pleb the true warriors go ass to mouth
>>
File: IMG_20160418_215627.jpg (105KB, 513x686px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160418_215627.jpg
105KB, 513x686px
>>8968701
>>
>>8967610
No but Ninetails got the official ok from the creators of ISMD. James is blacklisted from creating an ISMD event as long as it's unrelated event to the original creators day.
>>
File: 1458901080507.jpg (80KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
1458901080507.jpg
80KB, 500x433px
>Submitted a panel idea to animefest for judging and voting
>nervous as shit now afraid it's not gonna be approved
Kill me please
If anybody wants to know it's Photography with Frank West
>>
Does anyone know when the last day to refund an A-Kon pass is? My life is turning into a clusterfuck for the next few months, and I'm not sure if I can go anymore.
>>
>>8972274
April 26. You better hurry.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.