[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys feel about doing popular costumes? I would say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Tumblr_nualsphVXR1uu5wooo1_1280.jpg (96KB, 606x853px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_nualsphVXR1uu5wooo1_1280.jpg
96KB, 606x853px
How do you guys feel about doing popular costumes? I would say in the last months or so good examples of this would be pic related, Steven Universe, Undertale, things with a big following online/otherwise.

If you guys are interested in things like this, do you try to do it as fast as possible (often where I think 'me first' comes in) or wait until the hype has died down so you're not one of many? Does it matter if you're one of many?
>>
personally, it always makes me feel kinda 'ehh' -- mostly because the fandoms for big stuff like that are usually crap and i dont want to be associated with the bullshit. also its really hard to meet fans that arent over-excited 14 year olds
>>
Why be just another (blank) when you can be someone else more unique? Dont get lost in the crowd of Frisks/Ladybug/Harleys.
>>
personally if it's something i really like i'll cosplay it regardless of how popular it is. but if it is a super popular/flavor of the month fandom, i think that just makes it extra important to do a really good job on your costume because there will be so many more of the same character to compare to
>>
>>8909093
If you want to cosplay as them, do it. I'm not gonna stop you.
>>
I'm the only one that finds it kind of weird to cosplay as 15 years old? I mean, when I see any ladybug/chat noir cosplayer I feel grossed out, idk
>>
>>8909296
Do you feel the same way about people who cosplay Sailor Moon? She's 14. Or how about Cardcaptor Sakura, since they're 10. I mean, if all underage characters gross you out, then going to cons must be a miserable experience.
>>
File: 1457896876932.png (655KB, 734x802px) Image search: [Google]
1457896876932.png
655KB, 734x802px
It'd good if you can go above and beyond for it, otherwise you just blend in with the crowd. Unless you do someone other than the popular characters that is (like an enemy rather than one of the main characters).

I have to admit I have jumped on a few bandwagons before and done a cosplay even before it was released, but only on the things I'm well and truly hyped about, otherwise I just stick back until at least half the season is through.

>>8909296
Almost every SoL show cosplayed from nowadays have a cast of characters under 16, what's wrong with it?
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 1205x721px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 1205x721px
The ratio of how cancerous a fandom is concurrent with how large it is.
Examples:
>homestuck - mega cancer
>Stephen universe - hyper cancer
>under tale - cringe cancer
> superwholock - easily offended cancer

There's certain media that just screams autism when they come out, and the community always latches to a thing and over obsesses. Also i Find it weird adults cosplaying lofs shows, I'm fucking sick of having screaming middle schoolers leave their faggy body paint on everything, screaming at each other and cursing as loud as possible.

>Tl;dr
Fuck any and all fandoms and fuck you too
>>
>>8909169
Basically this. Or else try to put an original spin on it or carry some kind of interesting prop to set you apart from the rest.
>>
>>8909302
>>8909307
I figured it's just related to the ladybug show, maybe it's the spandex suit?
>>
As someone who cosplays almost exclusively obscure stuff I just feel really self-aware when doing something more popular. But when it comes to flavour of the month series I just feel hollow seeing a million people making them, usually when the first episode has barely come out.
>>
File: thought provoking.png (53KB, 214x250px) Image search: [Google]
thought provoking.png
53KB, 214x250px
>>8909363
>make NGNL costume
>going with a friend, Sora/Shiro
>think we're creative
>run into another Shiro in the ticket line
instant regret
>probably a good 10-20 doppelgangers walking around, most didn't even bother to make crowns.
>end up changing to sunday costume halfway through the day just to be unique
>>
I'm pretty ehh on it. It can feel pretty boring when there's an oversaturation of a certain series.

But on the plus side it makes it easier to appreciate stuff that's less cosplayed or seeing a more obscure character.

I've done popular stuff and more obscure stuff, the more popular stuff you kind of just get lost in a sea of the characters unless it really sticks out(like a really well done or more elaborate version of a character) depending on the fandom, it can be hit or miss with who you meet.

The more obscure stuff you end up finding a handful of fans who are just happy to see the character cosplayed.

I find that if you have cool armor, fancy ball gown, cool prothetics, etc... even if it's popular or obscure, people want photos because it looks awesome even if they don't know what it is.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.