[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK / Britfag Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 28

File: british-feels.jpg (149KB, 952x629px) Image search: [Google]
british-feels.jpg
149KB, 952x629px
MCM Birmingham next weekend, then Kitacon two weekends after that.

Who's going?

Try not to get the thread deleted this time.
>>
Did the thread get deleted? I thought the last one autosaged and no one bothered making a new one.

Anyway, who's ready for Kita?
>>
>>8908644
It autosaged but we've had threads being deleted recently for tog dramu. As usual.

Kita hype. Is the pizza ban still happening at the Hilton?
>>
>>8908666
Just say your a reg hotel punter not with kita when you pick up food. Are they going to stop everyone in the hotel getting food?
>>
So excited for Kita ahhhh! How strict do you think do you think they are gonna be on alcohol and food? The year before last i went and they were sound about it but apparantly cause whoever went last year fucked it up for the rest of us, i hope its still as good
>>
Any progress photos for Kita? Photos from Minami? Any anything that's not old drama
>>
If any Lolitas are here, TPC have set up for their next birthday event. No name or theme yet.

I for one am thinking of going. Not planning an outfit yet as I first need to see what designers and brands are coming. And then U-turn and wear nothing of theirs. We all remember the innocent world masses last year.

What trends do you think will be prominent this year?
>>
>>8908757
Just be a bit sensible about it. Don't eat takeout in the lobby/bar, keep the pre-drinking to your room or a well-hidden hip flask, and it should all be dandy.

Not that the new measures are going to make any difference whatsoever to idiot weebs not knowing their limits or people getting spiked- that happens in rooms anyway. But that's Kita's problem really, not ours.
>>
>>8908757
>Market con as 'the party con'
>Opening video encourages people to drink and party
>Committee are surprised that people drink and party too much

My fucking sides. That patronising talk they gave everyone before the masquerade had me in hysterics. Really, if you promote your con as a drinking/party con, are you honestly going to be surprised when people take it to extremes?
>>
so, did anyone go to rai con? if so how'd you find it?
>>
I went to rai con. It was pretty decent for a first time. I wasn't exactly counting heads but they seemed to get a good turnout, they had a modest dealers hall/artist alley, and the royal concert hall was an awesome venue given how airy it is and how wide the corridors can be.

I heard some people bitching about stairs lmao bring deoderant.

I have no idea how their panels and masquerade were, I didn't go. Their afterparty looked absolutely gash though lol. Why the fuck would you have it in a huge hall rather than a bar like flying duck? Lmao it looked like a shite school disco
>>
>>8908923
i went to rai con, i was one of the anons talking about it last thread. didn't actually get my costume finished, had to pull out an old one i'd retired unfortunately.

otherwise the con was.. alright i'd say for a first time run? they didn't have much to do in my opinion. most of the time i just sat around with friends. i think adding another panel room or two with some more varying events would help a lot. dealer's hall and artists alley were pretty well-stocked. i think the venue is great, it was incredibly spacious and traveling to/from and getting food was easy with it being right in the centre of glasgow.

>>8909013
the masquerade was very lackluster in my opinion. i think adding some music would've helped give it a bit more atmosphere instead of just silence, that and the stage was tiny. some entrants didn't even stand on the stage i don't think? they just kinda stood next to it. not much room for fancy posing either.

as for the afterparty, i went for an hour or two. music choices were pretty good, but the prices at the bar were what made me go back home and drink with friends instead. a vodka coke and a peach schnapps and lemonade set me back £8.70. i was expecting it to be expensive given it was the royal concert hall, but that takes the cake man. classic grand/garage next time pls
>>
>>8908828
Because naturally it's the conventions responsibility to monitor everyones alcohol consumption, because it is too much to expect legal adults to act like it and take responsibility for their actions.

I know I can't be held accountable for mine, last time I went to an all you can eat buffet I had to be physically restrained. Otherwise I would have kept going until my stomach ruptured.

Better install some cameras in the hotel rooms so they can keep an eye on the pre-drinking. How the fuck will I know when to stop without someone telling me to. Why the fuck should I be expected to do anything, everything should be label as it would for a small child, it's the only way I understand. Please don't force me to think for myself and act like a reasonable human being, it's just too much god damned effort.
>>
Went to MCM Liverpool this weekend.
For a first MCM in liverpool it was an alright con, same basic mcm stalls nothing surprising there. But I was surprised by the organisation for a first con. The staff were very friendly and seemed to know wtf they were doing unlike the shit storm that is London MCM.
I was also surprised by the amount of families there, more than usual. Kinda cute.
>>
Any info on EGX I'm hoping to go this year. Getting tired of MCM. Is there usually a lot of cosplayers or nah?
>>
>>8910331
Cosplayers are a rare bird, and those that are are usually low quality.
If you bother to do anything game related make it Nintendo, you can get free shit from them that way.
>>
>>8910604
Obvious vendetta
>>
Not gonna be at MCM Birmingham, instead will be at the Video Games Live thing on Sunday. Any other people planning on cosplaying to it/enter the competition thing? I'm planning to but I've never been before, they don't seem to be very clear about how this all works.

>>8908644
I have 2/3 main costumes done and the last one is nearly there. I gotta finish making my panel though and make the skittle vodka so there's still lots to do.
>>
>>8908644
Hyped af for Kita
Got 2 cosplays to finish, but they're both pretty simple and fun
Loving the updates in the social fb group. Ranges from quite impressive stuff (Guilmon suit) to shit no one cares about ("Look guys I curled a wig!") to just plain shit (that yellow diamond)
>>
>>8910700
It's not really a competition, I cosplayed to Glasgow VGL and they just get people up on the stage and do it based on audience reaction. One with the biggest reaction gets some merch. There were only 3 of us, haha.
>>
Anyone take any pictures of the Bloodborne hunters at Liverpool MCM?
>>
>>8908779
I'm posting mine in the progress thread
>>
And 3...2...1... Vendetta thread is a-go!
>>
>>8911035
What?
>>
Moving to Scotland soon, and wondering is Glasgow mum good? And are there some good togs I should maybe try to organise some shoots with?
>>
>>8911395
Erg fucking phones auto correct I ment Glasgow MCM of course...
>>
>>8911395
>>8911399
my first MCM Scotland was last year. It was alright I guess. I'm so used to small cons so I didn't have much of a comparison otherwise. I had a photoshoot with Alasdair Watson Photography. He's quite good, and it was a location shoot rather than hall.
>>
File: 1285875636238.png (4KB, 210x229px) Image search: [Google]
1285875636238.png
4KB, 210x229px
gonna go to London MCM in May for my first british con, what should I expect? Anything or anyone I should be wary of? I'll be cosplaying as well, anything I should know related to that?

I'm a little nervous.
>>
>>8912554
Expect lots of people and long crowds. It's more of a dealers hall than a convention.

If you like figs, get a Friday ticket and shoot for the GoodSmile booth
>>
Hey guys, I'm a student currently residing in UK & I was wanting to do a photoshoot in London during July. Is there any good photographers for recommendation? I'm really new to the UK cosplay scene so I don't know much names. Thank you in advance!
>>
>>8912610
Depends on what cosplay and style of photography you want. Tell us and we can recommend.
>>
File: True End.jpg (321KB, 700x493px) Image search: [Google]
True End.jpg
321KB, 700x493px
>>8912678
Pic related, casual style for two characters. I want to incorporate the characters into the scenery as having London as a location is quite important in the series.
>>
>>8913014
Good luck. Most areas around London landmarks are private property and you will be asked to leave if security see you taking pictures that aren't 'tourist pictures'.

I'd say Smile250 for the style you seem to be after. But if you're not small, pretty or asian you'll have to pay him.
>>
>>8908828
Did anyone post a video of that?
>>
Kita timetable is out. Looks like an awful lot of dead time.
>>
File: nonon.png (433KB, 482x604px) Image search: [Google]
nonon.png
433KB, 482x604px
Would anybody here be interested in organising a proper /cgl/ meet up at MCM Manchester this year? I know it's kinda far away but last year someone tried to organise one and only 2 people showed up cus it was really last minute (ie: organised on the day).

If anyone is interested in this, what day would be best for everyone and what time? I was thinking possibly the Saturday at around mid-day (2ish-3ish). Depending on the weather and depending on numbers, the best place would be outside but we should have a backup plan for a place inside too incase it rains.
>>
>>8914259
Ame falls on the same date as MCM Manchester so you might have a bunch of people miss out
>>
>>8911413
Speaking of the Scottish cosplay scene. Why does everyone look and act like they're 14 but are actually 24. I can't look at the mcm Scotland group without cringing anymore.
>>
File: 1457887140339.jpg (232KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1457887140339.jpg
232KB, 1920x1440px
>>8914241
>hentai panel at on Saturday
>at 11:30am
>>
>>8914287
i honestly feel embarassed to attend scottish cons w how bad the community here is
>>
>>8914777
There was a daytime one at the previous Kita too.
/
>>
>>8915009
Show us brah
>>
>>8915122
tfw your thigh is thinner than your neck
>>
>>8915122
oh god zoom in on the paint brushed on abs on the waif
>>
>>8915122
Thats so awful. i would be embarrassed if I was shipped into that clusterfuck. Most of his work is just utter nonsense with all the same fire and light fx just thrown all over it
>>
>>8915005
Was it any good?
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 750x1044px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 750x1044px
it has to be some "Give me a shit load of Patreon money and you can be in a Tabitha Lyons Cosplay photo" prize
>>
>>8915122
Those painted on abs are hilarious. Not fooling anyone Tabitha.
>>
>>8915375
Yet he didn't paint on muscles for this guy?!
>>
Tabs has had good abs in the past but she's actually pretty skinny nowadays ... and yet she's twice as big as the nerd she's posing with. Wonder whether she was even in the same room as him?
>>
>>8915897
Not even doing the shoot together at the same time would just be so odd.
>>
>>8915375
I don't want to believe that this is what the hobby has come to, winning photoshoots with cosplayers?
BUT I haven't seen Tabitha share this photo and the skinny guy has it all over his cosplay page which kinda makes me think. Let's be honest here, he's not exactly someone she would have picked first to do a shoot with.
>>
>>8915976
Link the page
>>
>Anyone could cosplay whoever they want

Do you gulls agree? I think a lot of people mistake the word "could" as "should"
>>
>>8915897
i don't think she was. i think that's from an old shoot with her.
>>
>>8915370
No, not really. Saying that, the night time one was shit too.
>>
>>8915375
Did someone photoshop an anus onto him instead of a Navel?
>>
>>8915990
Search for 'Darklords Cosplay Page'
>>
>>8915976

He tagged her in the photo on Twitter and I don't think she's removed the tag yet. I think this guy's a big fan of her's and also looking at his page, he's had some major medical issues, so she's probably happy to help him out, I guess (even if she wasn't there in person).
>>
Yep, she retweeted his post. His profile pic on Twitter is of him and Tabs together, so he's definitely part of 'Team Tabby'. So lovely that Tabby's got so many fans, shame she's losing all of her friends in the cosplay community with her 'I WILL BE A STAR' campaign.
>>
>>8916093
This. I can't think of anyone in the community whose friends with her. She isn't a cosplayer and doesn't embody any part of it.
>>
>>8916104
She's still really good friends with Natasha Mackenzie and then there are the cosplayers she's helping out with props and what not. Her and Stacey fell out though and I think a lot of cosplayers are doing their best to distance themselves from her ... probably doesn't help that she's too grand to attend cons, unless she's being paid to do so. It's kinda sad that her best mates nowadays are her folks and the people who run her Twitch account and what not.
>>
>>8916124
Natasha is hardly part of the community though I agree she doesn't attend come for fun and to cosplay with mates. It's only if invited and even then she doesn't hang out with anyone
>>
>>8916124
Stacey is all about the fame. She isn't friends with anyone she sees as competition. She used to be bffs with Lucas when SGC was big so she was an admin there and now she has moved onto Sneaky Zebra.
>>
>>8916043
>Darklords Cosplay Page
Kek.
That faggot is anything but the dark lord.
>>
>>8916579
The guy is selling prints.....
>>
Oh god that fat shit Kerri is doing slave bulma... just wtf
>>
>>8916605
literally who
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 750x831px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 750x831px
>>8916605
Devastating news
>>
>>8916738
She sings out of tune to backing tracks at Animeleague events and has bought likes and followers to try and pretend she is a famous singer
>>
File: 1338040522516.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1338040522516.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>tfw you finish every costume for kita before the last week
>>
>>8916814
Well done pal.
>>
>>8916814
>not finishing on the day
Amateur
>>
>>8915375
she literally doesn't give a fuck about any one if she can't get something out of it. It's embarrassing that se is seen as a cosplayer.
>>
>>8917117
This. I've had the unfortunate experience working with her outside con time with other cosplayers. I can't say she made a great impression, seemed to think she was above everyone else and not as professional as she likes to think she is.
>>
>>8917478
Course she's above other cosplayers. She's been on Judge Rinder, not to mention appearing for 5 minutes on some crappy Sky One show that nobody watched.

I've heard stories of her being rude to togs before.
>>
>>8916185
To be fair to Stacey, though, she actually gave Tabby her first interview and got her involved in the SCG thing. I'm sure Tabby would be a mega-celebrity anyway, with her unlimited ambition, but it's fair to say Stacey gave her a hand starting off.
>>
Tabitha is a fake in every respect. She calls herself a diehard comics fan but any time an interviewer asks who her favourite comic book artist is, she says her mate Dez Taylor. The guy's not even a legit artist, he runs a comic shop but he's drawn a couple of pictures of Tabitha. She did that OOOH SO RACY Vampirella shoot with Creative Edge but admitted afterwards that she's never read a Vampirella comic. Some comic fan Tabby is. She's just a failed model who'll put on any skimpy outfit shoved her way to incite a spotty nerd whackoffathon.
>>
>>8916605
>>8916740

Vendetta alert

Met her, she is a pretty nice person and isn't too bad at singing
Get over yourself
>>
File: shesamadman.jpg (84KB, 700x411px) Image search: [Google]
shesamadman.jpg
84KB, 700x411px
First thing I thought after seeing this
>>
>>8917657

ZOMG IM SO MADDD, ME!!1!
>>
>>8917657
I do worry that Harley Quinn is essentially a beacon for people who want to appear interesting and random, forgetting a big factor is whimsy.
>>
>>8917583
Not the same person anon
>>
>>8917558
As far as I knew the fall out was between Kelly and Stacey, Tabby just took Kelly's side because she saw more fame in it, and now the normal cons are too small for her, plus all her costumes are sexy these days, with the potential exception of the new Harley, they are prop and armour makers, surely impressive armour builds would ram up business? Or just go on Jeremy Kyle now they've done Rinder. "I fell out with the dragon because we can't sell it"
>>
>>8917657
It's a shame she put no effort into the costumes because that togs work looks really nice with her
>>
>>8917775
In fairness Laughing Orc is a decent photographer, or at least haven't heard any horror stories, she is just not a great muse
>>
Personally I think tabbys a cunt! I've experience her first hand! She just uses you then if you don't agree with her views she disown you! You better off not bothering with people like her !
>>
>>8917773
I had to laugh when Artyfakes made that swamp monster head for Tabby's cons, partly because it means she's chained to the damn thing and can't really walk freely around cons anymore (and all her con pics have the same 1 or 2 poses) and partly because you know they're going to try and offload that thing sometime and fail miserably.

I always thought Tabby's best costume was her Dragon Highlord armour, and her Bolt cosplay was pretty good too. Unfortunately, her fans probably aren't queueing up to buy prints of those because she's not showing any skin. Honestly, though, Tabby seemed prouder of the Dragonlance armour than anything else she's done.

She's still got a couple of years of posing in tiny costumes left but DESU Tabby in 2016 ain't a patch on Tabby in 2013 in my humble opinion. She's much stringier than she used to be and she looks tired compared with a few years ago.
>>
>>8917790
More deets please!
>>
>>8917797
Agreed, it's frustrating because I feel like they could be so much more? Like she could do better, also the whole sub with twitch thing, if their business is going so well why the need to expand and stuff? I suppose it could be put down to ambition but she is hardly a gamer. Then there was the whole patreon thing... Give me money and we can skype? really?
>>
With out her dad she would be nothing because she's a talentless bitch with personality of a boiled cabbage and the iq of one to! She just latches on to people get what she wants then fucks u off! Been there done that brought the tshirt sadly and will burn the fucker and send her the ashes !
>>
>>8917820
Please learn how to use the board before posting.
>>
>>8917820
Woah calm down mate. May not like the woman but thats a bit far. What happened anyway? facts please.
>>
>>8917780
Yeah he's only recently been getting into Cosplay photography. Nice bloke.
>>
>>8917856
aha, his photography is shit, sit down.
>>
>>8917860
saaaaaaaaalllllltttttyyyyyyyy
>>
>>8917860
How so?
I just looked at this page most of his stuff looks pretty decent, if a little washed out.
>>
>>8917868
Only gripe I have is a tabby spam but guess thats to be expected with a new shoot. Could he be he new Creative edge for her?
>>
>>8917773
That's rubbish. Stacey is the Circle Jerk queen and Lucas was one of them so they stuck with him when he was still useful as they wanted to keep getting shared on Sexy Cosplay Girls despite Lucas being a creep with cosplayers.

Tabitha was never really friends with Stacey. The Circle Jerk hates Tabitha and KJ. When Twitch came in it got even more competitive as it is about money now.
>>
Is Tabitha still with that youtuber/gamer Chris? The one she was moaning about over him using her for her fame and he didn't give her enough attention?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458331936901.jpg (43KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458331936901.jpg
43KB, 720x1280px
>>8917583
She's narcissistic and annoying as shit, stfu
>>
>>8918250
That is the least attractive side boob I've ever seen.

It's like her tits have muffin top.
>>
>>8917874
Yeah he just shot with her last week or whenever that's to be expected
>>
>>8918026
He got a proper job and dumped her.

I laughed.
>>
>>8918396
Ouch!
>>
>>8918403
I never heard Tabby moan that he was using her for her fame but Chris worked his fucking arse off for her. He was there with her at every single con, filming her panels and acting as a gofer. If I was doing all that shit and she still thought I was piggybacking her 'celebrity', I'd fucking dump her too.

Hate to say it, Tabby's a good looking girl but she was actually the plain one in that relationship too ... bet she was none too pleased about the attention Chris got.
>>
Kitacon Burlesque guests announced and this is the only not fat one. On the other hand, this is the most dire plugsuit I've ever seen in my life.
>>
>>8918442
I would like to see an evangelion striptese where an asuka struggles to get out of a latex plugsuit for 15 minutes
>>
I'm brining along wine for pre-drinks and pot noodles to survive at the >Premier Inn

Anyone else staying there since Hilton cocked up over winter?
>>
>>8918442
Oh wow. The longer I look the funnier it gets.
>>
>>8918466
kek
>>
>>8918442
On the plus side, it looks like she's wearing nothing under it.

How's that for authenticity.
>>
>>8918442
I'm gonna go watch that, they have a dude so I wanna see what he goes.
>>
>>8919034
Is he hot or just the average congoer? I'm down to watch if it's as hilariously awful as the AL ones
>>
>>8918442
Didn't she do a strip at an Amecon omake several years ago?

I was convinced she was a guy, especially with making the huge show about covering her chest. I thought the big finale would be her spinning around bare chested and revealing they were a guy all along. I was disappointed.
>>
So, guess i'm a little late, but anything/body to look out for at BCC?
>>
>>8919038
Looks like an average beardy dude to me. He's not fat or anything, but not super attractive.
>>
The weirdest thing happened, some group of lads slapped me on the shoulder saying "well done mate"

Considering my massive social anxiety it really didn't help me
>>
>>8919337
Oh turns out they were slapping a sticker onto my shoulder
>>
>>8919178
Claire Rainbow is one of the nicest people, always makes time to take a photo with you. She usualy goes as Catwoman on Saturdays, and some other character on Sundays. I think her boyfriend was there as the Red Power Ranger today...

There was also a Power Girl with AMAZING tits. Kinda fat though, but with tits like hers I don't really give a shit.
>>8919337
>>8919345
What a bunch of dicks. Out of curiosity, what did the sticker say?
>>
>>8919461
It was a CEX one, i think they were handing them out. But yeah, it totally wrecked me, totally started questioning why they singled me out. I only went alone because my friend was being all smug "the only comic con worth going is san diego, fuck the english ones"

I think my fav cosplay was the giant Necron.

Funniest thing was the jabba the hut, and the princess leia with them.... who was just as far as jabber. weirdest one was possibly the giant cripple tranny super girl?
>>
>>8919471
some fucking ass hat stuck one of those on my prop at MCM Liverpool. At first I thought he was an autistic kid judging by how he acted. I turned my prop around and he had stuck 3 fucking CEX stickers on it. They wouldn't come off and when they did it had wrecked the paint job what took me weeks. I almost murdered him.
>>
>>8919528
Could be the same assholes, blue hoodie, short hair, in a group of 3 or 4?
>>
>>8919550
Sounds like it, only one of them walked up, or at least i only saw one. I saw him again and he ran the opposite direction. Knowing how pissed off i was when the little cunt ran away before. Why pay a good £30 to get into a con just to piss people off and fuck around with props that others have slaved away on, i dont know
>>
>>8919555
haha, oh wait, didn't notice the liverpool part. Feel silly now.

I guess they just get day tickets or whatever, which are cheaper, and a way to kill a day for a similar price to a trip to the cinema i guess.
>>
Had a good time at MCM today. Got a skeevy motherfucker thrown out for secretly taking pictures of girls tits. How about you guys?
>>
>>8919678
Really fun. Gonna enter masq tomorrow. The NEC is a much better venue than the ExCel
>>
>>8919684
The NEC is a better venue, but there's just not nearly as many stalls. Our group were there for 7 hours, those of us not at cosplay meets were done in a couple hours, whereas at london, we barely had time to get round everything.
>>
>>8919690
I'm willing to bet theres a lot of vendors who are based in London or the south and don't think it's "worth" travelling up "north"

Also, holy hell, those POP figures are like 70% of the merch now.
>>
>>8919701
>POP figs
jesus christ there's so many.
But I guess they sell, and aren't hideously expensive.

Unlike any of the food at the place, good god that'd burn a deeper hole in your pocket than any of the weeb trash they sell.
>>
>>8919701
I can't wait till pop vinyls go out of fashion. There were too many stalls with the same shit the past 3 years.
>>
>>8919722
See this is why I thought Telford was really good, 2 minutes walk from a shopping centre with cheap food.
>>
>>8919728
>>8919722
You can always go to the airport area (just take the tram), theres a BK there and a M&S food, which usually have fairly standard prices.
There is also a spoons i think, but i'm not sure if they serve food & if their prices are increased significantly.

Oh and a shopping centre is a walk through the NEC... I had to wait 2 and a half hours recently to pick my brother up for a flight, so i had a LOT of time to explore the complex, lol.
>>
>>8919757
NEC spoons is abysmal for food. They don't have good chefs and the prices are hiked.
>>
Looking through the MCM brum drama at home is great,
my fave is minachi or beth or whatever kicking off because someone who won in their masquerade ( but won't elaborate on who.) apparently had help on their costume 'and so shouldn't have beaten their satin, unlined, propless costumes.'
JFC, this bitch.
Bitching because she didn't win when she's actually entered store bought props claiming she's made them.

That being said, what did win today? I'm interested to know now.
>>
>>8919471
>dat Jabba
Yeah, that was an interesting one... I'm generally against cosplay that takes up a lot of room, but it seemed like he's put a lot of effort into it.
>>8919528
>>8919555
We should suggest that CEX stop handing stickers out, just so we don't have to deal with that kind of shit.
>>8919678
Got some nice stuff from the artist's alley. I probably missed a bunch of nice stuff, but that con's never had the best layout.
>>8919690
Man, and I always thought MCM Birmingham had a decent spread of stalls. I remember one year where they had all the stalls bunched up in two thirds of the hall, with fucking NOTHING at the other end, just so cosplayers could sit down on the fucking floor. That was some grade-A bullshit.
>>8919722
>>8919728
>>8919757
>>8919798
>tfw usually just take a packed lunch and a Capri-Sun
>>8919701
>>8919723
Man, say what you like about the weeb merch stalls, but at least they have some fucking variety. I fucking hate those damn creepy bobbleheaded pieces of crap.
>>8919888
HAW

I'm old enough to remember when the "masquerade" was just any cosplayers who felt like it being given the chance to go up on stage, do a dance or whatever; no prizes, just the opportunity to be an attention whore for two minutes.
>>
>>8919888
Who kicked off? Got scaps?
>>
Brum masq deetz plz
>>
who were the street fighter cosplayers on the numbskull table?
>>
>>8920608
Masubi and Chris Mason
>>
>>8920116
don't want to post caps bc it's happening on someone's personal but this bitch is complaining, I can't remember whether she got kicked out of said comp bc she bought stuff, ( she was that person @ animeleague or whatever in london that pretended she made the props to her Ashe btw) or if she entered and didn't win.

But she's claiming (with no source I might add) that someone (but won't elaborate on who,) who won had help with all of it/didn't make half of it.

To me it's hilarious bc she aint getting no facts straight and she's honestly just salty as fuck, and probably desperate for attention.

(and if she's complaining bc she didn't win I will actually laugh my ass of, expecting to win with shitty, satin construction and no prop?)
>>
>>8919941
>I'm generally against cosplay that takes up a lot of room
That's... an oddly specific thing to dislike.
>>
>>8920641
Who actually takes the mcm masq seriously anymore?
She needs to stop being salty when someone allegedly pulls the same crap that she did.
>>
File: Cd6W2aiW4AQE8s1.jpg (227KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Cd6W2aiW4AQE8s1.jpg
227KB, 1024x1365px
>>8920608
King of the north cosplays and Masubi I think
>>
>>8920732
Yep, definitely is
>>
>>8918442

Evee Tales, used to have burlesque page I think

>>8919164

Yes she did, it was pretty good, I'm no burlesque connoisseur but I liked it, it's better than some of the residential con train wrecks we have.
>>
Has anyone been keeping up with the Pottercon idiots? They're supposedly doing a Dr Who con as well.
>>
File: 160467_1258351644184_full.jpg (228KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
160467_1258351644184_full.jpg
228KB, 1024x768px
>>8920641
Reminds me of another con where some girl got salty on her personal because she thought her Dagger FF9 dress would win and pic related won the comp (deservedly I might add, the construction on it was really nicely put together for a more simple outfit). Just goes to show that big and flashy does not always equal a win.
Her costume was made out of some satin-y looking material w/ some fraying at the bottom and had average embroidery. The details at the bottom looked kind of tacky too. Don't get me wrong it wasn't a 'bad' costume- just not exactly the winner of a cosplay comp.
Pretty much straight after the event she took to her personal to say she was taking a break from cosplay and all that crap. And about 2 weeks later she was back talking about her plans for upcoming cons.
>>
>>8920796
yeah. Somehow they've managed to get an actual guest for the con (zoe wanamaker) which is quite shocking to be honest. Also seem to have cosplay guests which should be a laugh.
>>
Considering the scale, quality, ease of transport and location of the NEC, i'm really surprised that MCM don't make it at the very least, their 2nd biggest show, maybe give incentives to vendors and media companies to have stands there or something.

Even eurogamer have switched to the NEC as their main show. Is it just some kind of loyalty to the London show, and LONDON has to be the biggest show because LONDON?
>>
>>8920862
I'd say it is the 2nd biggest show though? It's on a par with manc at least
>>
>>8920641
The Saturday winners were overall starfox (all made), group winner was the elves from hellboy (entered lscc) and the performance went to some shitty singing Ariel in a brought dress which is who I'm guessing she's bitching about as the Ashe girl in the photo did some sort of ballet on stage so would have been a performance act.
>>
>>8920983
and today?
>>
>>8920990
Best In show (performance and costume) went to a pair of Alice in wonderland costumes. They had a tear away dress in their skit.
Runner up was some animie Lolita thing and then a kids winner.
>>
>>8920995
Runner up was maddie hatter, she won the day before
>>
>>8920641
I like the Saitama that was following this girl around. The dead look in his eyes is perfect, though i think i know where it comes from now
I think out of everyone i saw, i like the Astrid with the fur and axe the most
>>
>>8921094
The Saitama was really good, had a Genos with him.

Also it was weird being at the Hilton, felt like I arrived 2 weeks too early for Kita.
>>
Man, big cons on sundays are way better and more chill. I should do them more often.
>>
>>8921051
Wait, so she entered the same costume both days, or did she enter with different cosplays?
>>
>>8921298
She was starfox first day and won, maddie hatter second day and came runner up.
>>
>>8921401
Did she win best costume/performance or best in show?
>>
>>8921410
i think she got best in show yesterday?
>>
>>8921410
Best costume on first day. Runner up second. Winning on both days Is supposed to be against the rules.
>>
>>8921422
>>8921410
Best costume. 2 judges awards and best performance/costume. It was just today that had best in show instead.

>>8921423
> supposed to be against the rules.
You think the MCM cosplay team even noticed at all? Or give a shit?
>>
>>8921430
you would think the judges would notice at least
>>
>>8921440
Ignoring the winners the entrants were pretty shit tier today. Probably the only choice
>>
>>8921482
On the Sunday at Liverpool last week, the judges were approaching cosplayers on the con floor to enter, because not enough people had signed up.
>>
>>8920707
Let me explain - there's only so much floorspace in a convention at the best of times, and having somebody waltz around in something that takes up even more of that floorspace is just kinda stupid. I've mostly seen it done by female cosplayers e.g. Disney princesses, maybe some anime cosplayers. That said, there was a great Godzilla cosplay yesterday, so I guess I can't complain too much.
>>8920732
I remember that guy - damn good Ken! Of course, that Cammy's no slouch, either...
>>8921294
They can be fun, but I kinda miss the hustle and bustle of a Saturday...
>>8920862
To be honest, I'm not sure how they could make it any bigger - the NEC only has so much floorspace, and they already have one hall just for people queueing to get in
>>
File: 1456495177974.jpg (233KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456495177974.jpg
233KB, 1280x720px
12 DAYS TO KITA

NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO START BUMRUSHING YOUR COSPLAY IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED IT ALREADY
>>
>>8921649

I am the guy who was in the Godzilla suit you speak of, glad you enjoyed it ^.^
>>
>>8921496
Yup, they asked me on Saturday. I asked what the prize was was she just looked at me confused and said "idk, we'll figure it out later"
Needles to say, i passed the offer.
>>
>>8921649
>Disney Princesses take up too much floor space
>Godzilla costume fine tho

So that just like...your opinion man.
>>
>>8922309
I saw you having your photo taken - it definitely looked like you were having fun!
>>8922326
THE PRINCESSES LOSE! THE PRINCESSES ALWAYS LOSE!
>>
I'm moving to the UK for a few months (April to June) and would like to check out a con or two while I'm there. Are there any good/decent ones during this time? Also any fun or cheesy weeby stores or areas I should check out?
>>
>>8922451
Maybe give MCM London a shot (it's worth it at least once)

And it depends which part of the UK you're moving to. Different cities have different stores.
>>
>>8920995
I didn't think MCM did Best In Show?
>>
What are all the big contests people care about coming up now LSCC is over?
>>
>>8922532
ECG WCS and Eurocosplay I guess. Euro qualifiers at manc this year is the same weekend as LFCC. I reckon LFCC is going to be empty of cosplayers this year because of it + costume and plsy drama
>>
>>8922541
So are EuroCos and WCS both running together now at MCM?
Do LFCC hold any of the big contests though?
>>
>>8922560
LFCC don't hold any contest apart from normal in-house Masquerades. Last year they had that 'championship' trainwreck but as that was a C&P thing I doubt it'll be a thing this year. SO basically showmasters have nothing to get cosplayers to go there instead of manc mcm.

Yeah WCS qualifiers are at may mcm, EuroCos at Manc
>>
>>8922439
inb4 someone creates a 'Godzilla/Disney Princess' crossover cosplay
>>
>>8922572
Thanks for all the info. How many people usually enter those contests? I'm new to all the contests but thinking about entering a few next year
>>
By the way, any fans of /tg/ going to the UK games expo?

I'm sure most of you who went to BCC noticed the posters.
>>
>>8922591
Not too sure. Obviously less people enter Euro and WCS and the like as they're much higher quality.
>>
>>8922618
Yeah, but not as a cosplayer. I cosplayed at a con in a hotel once... shit felt weird. Besides, I want to do the whole Expo experience (panels, RPG sessions, playtesting, etc) and I'd feel kinda silly doing that dressed as The Spirit.
>>
>>8922521
Mcm hand out what they decide on the day and the shit tier cosplays compared to the winners non-shit tier skit and costumes meant they won best In show. So there was no performance winner
>>
>>8922893
First time in a few years they've done Best in show though. means there was no costume winner either.

I wonder what the difference in points on both sides have to be for them to win best in show rather than one category or the other.

Would suck to be someone else in the competition though. Because it means there was at least 1 less prize to win and a chance less to win yourself.

I think they should have done 2 judges awards, best costume, best performance, and then the best in show.
>>
>>8922906
>>8922893
Who were the best in show winners, do we know of them?
>>
>>8922686
UKGE is using the actual NEC as their venue this year, they said they've outgrown the hotel.

Which is understandable, it was packed last year.
>>
File: DSC_0157.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0157.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
>>8921094
>>8921133
said Saitama+Genos
>>
>>8922952
yeah, Helen Alice and Captain Amelia. They were sandbagging, to be honest, entering an ECG level skit into a casual masq?
>>
>>8923027
>complaining that they were too talented

That's the best compliment I've ever seen on CGL.
>>
>>8923090
well come on it's not really fair for people with amazing costumes to enter tiny masquerades, KNOWING they'll win over more casual people, which is what small con masquerades are supposed to be for.
>>
>>8923097
>MCM
>'small con'
>>
>>8923108
A Sunday Masquerade is a small competition
>>
>>8923120
It's really not, it's one of MCM's biggest shows
>>
>>8923027
Its only sandbagging if the costume has previous wins. Obvious that you lost to them

>>8923097
Small cons don't give away £300 a day for first place
>>
>>8923027
>>8923097
Looks like a severe case of "hate em cus u aint them"
>>
>>8923027
>complains that uk cosplayers can't produce skits
>complains when uk cosplayers produce a good skit
>>
>>8923242
Whilst the skit was up there for uk standards it wasn't perfect. From a story telling point of view there's bits that don't make sense. one of them consistently mirrored slower and whilst the tear away dress was a good finish the other girl looked lost on stage and neither of them ended well. they looked confused it was over until the curtsy. However it was still very good, just needed polishing.
>>
>>8923279
I think the tearaway needed her to hold it or it wouldn't work for the other to spin out of it.
>>
>>8923304
After the holding she looks lost
>>
>>8923279
it's only birmingham mcm
if it was wcs then fair it's not good enough
>>
>>8923279
didn't they just copy the same Alice skit of spinning out of a dress as the american WCS team that won a few years back?
>>
>>8922987
They're still using the Metropole for most of the usual con stuff (tournaments, RPG session, etc) and are shoving the seminars, vendors and the Bring & Buy into Hall 1. Makes sense - the B&B has always been a pain and a half to get into since they moved out of The Strathallan, and the trade hall's always been a traffic jam on Saturdays. I forsee it being a bit of a pain to get from one place to the other, especially if you've got tickets for something and lost track of time, but the Expo's been having teething problems with the NEC since they first arrived.
>first year at the Metropole
>Expo organisers tell Metropole staff that thousands will attend
>Metropole thinks this is bullshit, as they've never had to deal with more than 300 attendees for anything, ever
>Expo opens
>Metropole staff are rushed off their feet, going OH FUCK WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PEOPLE
>>
>>8923353
do you have a youtube link to the wcs entry?
>>
>>8923419
It's the same skit
http://youtu.be/5PMUOgoi_y4
>>
>>8923097
It's their local con so... Yeah? I judged Captain Amelia's first costume years ago - at Birmingham. We gave them a runner up award because of the amount of effort they put in and they actually had some stage presence. Birmingham was a small show back then, very few masquerade entries. It's been nice following her progress since then. She just needs to rush her costumes less in the run up to the event. Trying skit ideas at a small event is a great idea to build up experience and practice, really. More people should do it. I did my first ever cosplay skit as an entry for WCS prelims and although it was a great experience and I learnt a lot from it, I really wish I'd done something at another con prior so I knew the things I know now.
>>
>>8923097
Git gud
>>
>>8923977
Wow
>>
>>8923977
Try harder vendettachan. Only similarities are that it's Alice in Wonderland and the dress tears away. The clockwork is from the ballet iirc.
>>
>>8923977
What? There's literally nothing similar about them apart from the tearaway, which isn't exactly a new feature in Cosplay performances, and the clockwork bit, which is in the ballet of Alice anyway
>>
What's the cosplay scene like in Belfast?
>>
>>8910369
I'm going to EGX Rezzed, just for the Saturday though. Never been before so I don't know how many other cosplayers there'll be. They told me they don't have changing facilities though so I'm guessing not that many?
>>
>>8924422
Most cosplayers come in costume, so changing rooms are never really a problem.
>>
>>8924323
Never seen anyone else do that exact same tearaway before
>>
>>8924436
Obviously this is the first time in human history that two people have ever had the same idea independently of each other...
>>
>>8924595
Probably just bad karma for the all that lion king skit copying bullshit from lscc/lfcc
>>
>>8924615
??
>one is a girl that stalked the people she copied and was a week after
>one is inspired by a ballet and was three years later

It's not even remotely similar situations
>>
>>8924595
Hi amelia
>>
>>8924638
Didn't say it was the same said it was bad karma, learn to read white knight.
>>
>>8924615
Bad karma would mean something bad ie the lion king copy happened to them after they came up with an idea that resembled someone they didn't even know.

Am I the only one who noticed it's also different costumes, one has a queen one has a cat and apart from the twirl it's diffrent in pretty much every way?
>>
>>8924648
Who's amelia?
>>
>>8924648
Lol
>>
>>8924648
See guys not everyone on cgl is in from the circle jerk.
>>
>>8924649
But bad karma for what? They did nothing wrong in the lion king drama. It was the girl who copied that went on 5 million insane internet rants
>>
>>8924668
Actually you mean when they hounded a girl for using a popular Disney song because it was 'copying'.
>>
>>8924668
Beth was the one making a fuss. Helen didn't say anything.
And Helen was working with Amelia this time anyway so it's not connected.

But the big question is, who really gives a shit?
The rest of the competition was poor only one of the judges awards looked good anyway.
So whoever is stirring it up probably lost to them and is just a salt mine about it.
>>
>>8924673
Beth made one comment, the Emily girl went on multiple giant crazy rants. The screenshots are in previous threads
>>
>>8924672
This so much.
>>
>>8924693
Yeah and then everyone else in their group and circle jerk chipped in too.
>>
Didn't Captain Amelia cosplay date that Kyle shades on guy? I mean enough said, they are as bad as each other when it comes to attracting drama and being posted on cgl.
>>
>>8924744
screenshots?
>>
>>8924746
She's literally never been posted about before here. If you came out of your mom's basement more often and came to an actual convention you'd see everyone loves Captain Amelia. No drama other than the type you're desperately trying to create now.
>>
>>8924744
That didn't happen though? All that happened was the Emily girl embarrassingly ranted about wanting to be Cosplay famous so she could help the lesser people. But noone 'hounded' anyone. Someone made one comment saying 'isn't that such and such's skit' and she blew up
>>
>>8924755
Nah they did leave home once. Went to Birmingham MCM and lost painfully to the pair that got best in show and floored everyone else.
>>
>>8924759
Who is this Emily? Whats her cosplay page?
>>
>>8924764
>thinking beating people wearing cardboard and bought costumes is an achievement
>>
>>8924777
The Road to Cosplay
>>
>>8924781
what a shit name
>>
>>8924425
The idea of travelling on public transport in full costume will never stop being strange to me. I don't know how people do it. Fortunately my costume shouldn't be too bulky so I can get changed in a bathroom.
>>
>>8924820
You have to learn the skill of not giving a shit. It works wonders.
>>
File: mascot.gif (519KB, 400x357px) Image search: [Google]
mascot.gif
519KB, 400x357px
is anyone going to dee con this year? it'll be my 6th year but my 1st going to the after party. what's it usually like?
also, what's your opinion on the mascot this year compared to last's?
>>
>>8924823
Fortunately I don't give a shit about changing in a bathroom.
>>
>>8924820
Sometimes you can't put a costume on in a bathroom.
Depends I guess
>>
>>8924867
That's quitter talk right there.
>>
>>8924820
Yeah, on my way in on the train i saw someone in a haruhi bunny outfit, with just a body warmer over it.

Pretty brave to walk around a station in a bunny outfit, especially in the cold.
>>
File: IMG_3469.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3469.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>8924820
A lot of the time people don't want to waste time transporting then putting on a costume at a con and would rather do it at home, then travel in it.
>>
File: 1355379070792.jpg (117KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1355379070792.jpg
117KB, 640x480px
>>8924820
Last Sunday I wore Bloodborne to that Video Games Live but I ended up stuck at Canning Town after missing all the last trains. I experienced my MCM nightmare in that I then had to take a bunch of long ass night buses while in full cosplay to get home. I feel like after this experience, I'll never care about cosplay on public transport ever again.
>>
>>8924820
i had to walk from my hotel to a train station for about 15-20 minutes, and then get the train for 10, as a zombie. this was at 8am in the morning, fully covered in fake blood, gross mask and all.
i don't care at all about travelling in cosplay after that ordeal because i know nothing i wear will ever be as outrageous.
>>
>>8925964

I was a zombie extra in a small zombie movie, explaining that I hadn't been beaten up to the taxi driver at 2 AM was pretty funny.
>>
>>8924830
i'll be at dee anon! it'll be my fourth, and second time at the afterparty. drinks are super cheap from what i remember, music was pretty good and it wasn't overly crowded, i enjoyed it personally. this year's mascot is so much nicer than last years, i love the colour scheme
>>
>>8924030
I think it's a good idea they tried out their skit before entering something big. I would do the same if I was to enter Euro Cosplay or ECG
>>
>>8926075
nice! what are you cosplaying? would be great to meet other gulls
i agree, last year's mascot was kinda weird? (narwhal/alpaca crossbreed?) the space mermaid is cuter
>>
/cgl/ meet at Kita?
>>
>>8926260
i'll be cosplaying adiane from ttgl, not sure what i'll be doing for the afterparty though. i'll figure out with whatever doesn't get wrecked at kitacon, heh. what cosplay/s are you bringing?

and yeah, i heard it was originally one of the creator's homestuck OCs. i considered getting a t-shirt last year but i wasn't too fond of the design, but as soon as they announced t-shirt preorders for this year i was all over that desu
>>
How many days is it worth going to London MCM? I'll be going alone and it'll be my first time.
>>
>>8927163
For the first time? Do 2 days (Sat + Sun)

After that I'd only recommend both days if you have friends going or panels/guests you wanna see, otherwise just do one day.
>>
>>8927165
Why not Friday? Or Fri+Sat?

And there's nothing really I want to see. I recall seeing someone say that Good Smile Company has a booth, that's really the only real push I'd go, and maybe to see the AA (do they have one?) for some itabag merch.

For such a big con I'm very surprised at the lack of guests, only 7?
>>
>>8927192
Friday has significantly less people going and almost no guests. If you want to get exclusive or new figs, then go on Friday for the Goodsmile booth, but that's all that's going for it.

Yes, there's an artist alley (mainly the 'comic village' and some small stalls outside of it).

Guestlist is usually very low until much closer until the con itself. There's also the Memorabilia section which has separate guests from the MCM show itself, and also Vidfest (if you're into Youtube celebs)
>>
>>8927197
Ok! As of yet I'm not interested in the guests so I'll probably stick to Fri+Sat then for merch. How early should I get there? And does it make sense to find a hotel nearby or should I just go home and come back? (I'll be coming from Oxford) Sorry for all the silly questions!

I'm used to American conventions which announce guests months in advance, haha. It's slightly frustrating because it's really only 2 months away!
>>
>>8924830
I'll be at deecon. Fourth time this year which is really odd to think about. The afterparty is really good imo, the drinks are cheap and the music is decent. Also since there's two floors it doesnt' get crowded. I love this years mascot though it's so cute.
>>
>>8927219
Get the Oxford tube. There's nothing much to do after it closes except hang around and drink anyway and the tube runs more or less all night. Either get the dlr to the district and go to Victoria or the central line and shepards bush depending on what's down that weekend. You'll save yourself at least £150 and all the close hotels will be booked out already anyway.
>>
>>8927223
>fourth year weird.
I've been doing MCM 8 years which is longer than secondary school
Brb pally having a mild panic about life
>>
File: tumblr_o4ilkvLh6I1u2ia8so1_1280.jpg (272KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4ilkvLh6I1u2ia8so1_1280.jpg
272KB, 1280x854px
enjoy this bad buffy photoshop
>>
>>8928523
everytime I see that Willow I do a double take since she looks so much like her
>>
File: vogue.png (62KB, 429x520px) Image search: [Google]
vogue.png
62KB, 429x520px
>>8926498
adiane is a total hottie, i'll ask for a pic if i see you!
i'm doing a gijinka of sulley from MU for the con but a nice casual choroko from osomatsu for the afterparty (i want to be as comfy as possible)

>>8927223
nice! what are you cosplaying this year?
>>
>>8928596
I'm undecided right now but probably Athena from Borderlands
>>
File: bants.jpg (270KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
bants.jpg
270KB, 960x1280px
Come to the What Have We Removed panel to win chocolate and have some bants.
>>
File: me cosplaying.jpg (84KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
me cosplaying.jpg
84KB, 960x960px
>>8924820
I go as The Spirit, so my costume is literally just what most guys wear to the office, with a blue raincoat on top. I keep my hat and domino mask in a bag, and only put them on when I'm in the line for the queue - it gives me a weird little thrill to "suit up" in front of everyone else, just before I actually go in. Pic related, but I've replaced my mask with something less cheap.
>>
>>8929299
Not even the next stage down though it's just as bad she just blends with Photoshop. Go look at her Jessica Jones cosplay
>>
>>8929526
Was already going to go but chocolate makes it even better
>>
>>8928596
adiane anon again, nice cosplays! i'll be sure to say hey if i come across you, which i most likely will at the afterparty at least
>>
Anyone at i57? Doesn't seem to be much of a cosplay presence there, but the event is al over my news feed. I know its more gaming related anyway.
>>
>>8931013
I've seen a big table of Cosplay guests there
>>
>>8931032
oh sweet, who is attending? None of the cosplay has shown up for me
>>
>>8931035
Kyokyo, Helen Alice, Capt Amelia and a few others
>>
>>8931048
The usual lot then. How dull.
>>
>>8931337
Oh no
Skilled cosplayers
How awful
>>
>>8931676
Skilled? Each to their own I guess.
>>
Been ages since I checked /cgl/; odd to see this thtead, did all the brit trips leave or something?
>>
File: britfag threads.gif (786KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
britfag threads.gif
786KB, 500x206px
>>8932465
How long have you been gone...?
>>
>>8932468
Quite a while.
>>
>>8932476
... you? Really? Piss off, some of us still haven't forgotten all the shit you did. Like literally assaulting people at a convention? You're scum, kindly return to /mlp/.
>>
>>8932649
Calm down Amber.
>>
Some 12 year old looking Azn fuckboy named Vince Kazama Lee got called out in the MCM Group for sending shitty messages to women on Facebook. The entire post exploded with comments and things he's done before the admins got hurt and deleted the entire thing, as well as all other posts about him and screenshots provided of his bs.

Any more shit on him? He has a kid and partner which makes it more interesting.
>>
>>8928523
I just wish she'd blend her nose contour
>>
>>8933109
Blur tool her face not photos
>>
>>8933037
Put your trip back on Lucid. You really think only one person knows about the shit you pulled? It's common knowledge, and you're a complete idiot for trying to stroll back in here with your trip on as if you didn't get banned from a con for assaulting a woman.
>>
>>8933040
Never heard of him but I had a look at his FB and it's both hilarious and tragic.
>>
>>8932649
>>8933953
What happened?
>>
>>8933953
>>8933953
That wasn't my post, actually. I'm not really the type to call out anons.

I didn't get banned from a con for assaulting a woman at all. I got escorted out of a con (that I now work for as part of the animation team - you can see my name in the promo's credits for the year - and am vending at for a second year in a row) for headbutting someone who I was informed tried to sleep with my partner.

Rather a different story entirely.
>>
Anyone feeling hyped for Kita yet?
>>
>>8934071
>>8934069
Incidentally the security guard who escorted me off premises was fired for doing shit like wandering the con with a beer and the one person who lobbied to get me blocked from the next year (loudly, despite never having met me) was a shit manager and got demoted.

Funny shit.
>>
>>8934077
Yup!
>tfw not got cosplays finished yet
NOPE!
>>
>>8934069
He headbutted someone at a brony con, I and recieved almost no repercussions because his friend is head of security for the con.
>>
>>8934086
Forget the I, phoneposting a shit.
>>
>>8933953
>>8934071
>>8934086
So where did this shit about him assaulting a woman come from?
>>
>>8934089
Different incident.
>>
>>8934086
>>8934092
>>8934089
Accident I refused to apologise for at the time.

Ex had grabbed Britfag's sweaty ass rubber glove from a cosplay and wiped it in my face while I was angry- I attempted to do the same and anded up knocking her glasses. Never gave her the black eye she claimed though.

Given she was homeless, the only friends she had in the city all knew me and she'd decided I was dangerous due to past abuse from family (and maybe partner's? no idea) the only option was to demonise me with any ammunition she could get. It's a smart move, really.
>>
How do you stay in London during MCM on a budget? Fuck spending £400+ on a hotel for two nights.
>>
>>8934775
Book early, that's really the only way. Think I paid something like £162 for two nights this year, and I booked in January for October. I was so tense for Kita reg that I went and booked my room for October Expo like a consolation prize while waiting.
>>
>>8934821
Really the best way to do Expo is to stay with a mate who lives 2 DLR stops or less away. Expo is about getting shitfaced with your mates anyway really, so staying with friends offsite is probably better than getting a hotel with a smaller group or by yourself.
>>
>>8934775
• Hostel
• Room share
• Stay in Stratford, only 10 mins on DLR (£50~ a night)
• Stay with a friend who lives in London
>>
File: lanyards.png (43KB, 477x416px) Image search: [Google]
lanyards.png
43KB, 477x416px
How to out yourself on social media 101. I'm appalled to think what might have happened at play parties with this caliber of retard.

(for those not in the know, the purple lanyards were used at previous cons to identify people who were into BDSM and might be up for play during the event)
>>
>>8936065

Uh whats this about? Is there some secret club meaning behind purple lanyards?
>>
>>8936065
>I'm appalled to think what might have happened at play parties with this caliber of retard.

I used to lurk in the uk anime fetlife community and I can promise you that this type of retard is the mildest one. I was kind of forced to hang out with a few of the purple lanyard wearing people a few cons ago, and it was a nightmare. I enjoy weird shit but the people that don't see the problem in openly talking about their kinks are absolute freaks.
>>
>>8936111

>openly talking about kinks

Isn't that the whole point of purple lanyards? That its not really open, but in a circle that shares and understands kink life? Or do you mean openly as in public space, and are more of the person who rather keeps all that behind locked doors?
>>
>>8936140
I think they mean in a public space. There could be kids around, for instance.
>>
>>8913014
That is fate stay night mate good taste
>>
>>8928523
Dat willow though. I saw one at NY comic con my dick lost its shit.
>>
>>8931013

Tabitha was there, debuting her STUNNING latest costume. Look up 'resting on your laurels' in a dictionary and you'll find Tabby. Lazy ... not brilliant.
>>
>>8936194
If tabby is the blond I'm okay with that.
>>
>>8936195
It's not bad, it's just so very much meh. It looks like she threw it together in about an hour.
>>
>>8936197
It's simple as a bald guy I kinda feel the simplicity of costumes I was Hudson from black ops for a few years it's about all I could pull of perfect but now we have saitama..and I have to wear that lol bitches better love me. Probably gonna give saitama a beard or do Hudson then saitama.
>>
>>8936082
It literally says what they're about in my post.

>>8936111
Mmmhm. I just don't mix kink and weebery, partly because of the people and partly because I just don't see the point. I have all year to go to kink events, why would I pay for a badge and hotel for an anime event... just to do kink stuff there? I don't even know how they find the time during a con.
>>
>>8936194
Is Tasha like Tabs fat friend? That outfit really isn't flattering.
>>
>>8936194
Can't tell if they are wearing really bad fitting bras or don't know how to pad properly.
>>
>>8936484
I thought she was her mum
>>
>>8936194
I'm willing to bet they don't own or know how to use a sewing machine between them to make costumes other than buying clothes and hot gluing stuff together.
>>
Anyone else been lolling at the British Cosplay Girls page? what gets me is Eevee gets the most likes on her posts?
>>
>>8936931
I've never even heard of half these people. Oh well.
>>
So Kitacon are doing badges and wristbands this time. Reckon it's so the Hilton staff can keep better tabs on us or something else?

Personally I'm rather pissed because the main thing I preferred about cons with badges was that you could easily get better cosplay photos. We will have to strategically thing of ways to hide them for photos.
>>
>>8937101
Or you know, take them off
>>
File: o-SILICONE-WRISTBAND-facebook1.jpg (130KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-SILICONE-WRISTBAND-facebook1.jpg
130KB, 2000x1000px
>>8937101
I asked one of the organisers about it and he said that it's because people started copying the badges, hence why the staff were checking both sides of badges on the Sunday last year.

>>8937105
They will be silicone wristbands, not the shitty paper ones so you will be able to take them off for photos.
>>
>>8937115
Oh. When you said badges I thought you meant plastic badges.

If there are both, then why are wristbands needed?
>>
>>8937119

To prevent badge swapping imo
>>
>>8937119
I'm not quite sure what you mean, I fear I may have said something confusing so let me begin again.

There are usually plastic badges on lanyards, but people were making copies of them to give other people who had not paid for a space, so they are introducing wristbands as well so that even if the badges are copied they know who is actually allowed into the con.

It's shitty that they are doing it, but eh, they probably have to have stuff in place for safety reasons.

The easiest way would be to just have a lanyard that has a specific set of colours and only that type of lanyard is allowed to be used? It would only upset the most serious of con autists and would be far more reasonable than both a pass and a wristband imho.
>>
>>8937132
Oh that makes more sense.
>>
>>8937115
I thought they said in the podcast that we were getting vinyl ones like at mcm, not silicone ones which were like a little memento from previous events and will be placed on your wrist by a member of staff. Insinuating that they cannot be removed.

Kind of understandable given people would leave panel rooms with badges belonging to other people to get someone else in. I know of at least one person who did it but wouldnt listen to me when I said it'd be a dickish thing to do.
>>
>>8937187
That's fine, I'll just get them to place it on my prosthetic.
>>
Anyone know if you can park and stay overnight at Warwick Uni? Planning ahead for Ame and need to know if I should drive or get the train.
>>
>>8937272
Have you booked a room? If so, then yes. Otherwise you might be able to get a parking permit
>>
>>8937299
Yeah, for Friday and Saturday evenings. Good to hear.
>>
>>8937204
Or you could just wear it and not be a rule breaking dick? It is people abusing the system that has caused this. Soon we'll have electric collars instead of badges ergo Battle Royale...>.>
>>
>>8936484
She looks way better in person ... plus Tabs is anorexic.
>>
>>8938059
Calm down autismo, it's perfectly reasonable to expect to be treated like adults at an 18+ con.
>>
>>8938060
She looks like the oldest washed up cosplayer the UK has. I agree Tabs looks ill though.
>>
>>8938059
I need it on there anyway, I wont be able to remove it if they put it on my real arm.
>>
>>8938060
She's definitely not anorexic. She's just lost some weight lately without toning up so just looks a bit skinny and saggy
>>
Will this year's Kita top last years?

>Kids drinks got spiked
>Old couple fucking in the pool
>>
>>8938212

Who's drinks got spiked? I thought it was all just a bunch of asshats who can't hold their liquor.
>>
>>8938219
Well it was probably that, dunno why I thought they were spiked.

I just hope something better happens rather than listen to that elemental and the shitty "dapper rapper" gadge.
>>
>>8938113
Yeah except that people have proved time and time again that some people cannot act like adults. Therefore we have nanny wristbands. Nice autist throw there hatflaps.
>>
Tabitha is debuting her new Harley cosplay this weekend. I can tell she's been working really hard on it. She just keeps getting better.
>>
>>8940217
Whenever someone praises her I simply cannot tell if they're being sarcastic or not
>>
>>8940217
Reminder that this talentless, jobless and never made it as an actor/model is considered a top cosplayer in the UK.
>>
I'm in Manchester for a few days.

Any /cgl/ related stores worth hitting? I'm more into lolita and jfash but anywhere cool would be appreciated.
>>
>>8940707
Have a look round Afflecks
>>
Anyone have any experience with coscrafts lacefront wigs? Thinking if buying one.
>>
>>8940690
Not to anyone in the scene she isn't
>>
>>8941019
I have one! What would you like to know?
>>
New thread: >>8941552
>>
>>8940690

Well, not jobless. She gets a handsome salary off her dad.

Rule of thumb with praise is that if it's on her page, it's genuine, and if it's here, it's sarcastic. Tabs can't understand sarcasm though, so she probably thinks EGL LUBS her.

I wonder how many people on Tabs' page would be praising her costume if she looked like a fucking fat heifer.
>>
Tabby doesn't visit EGL any more. Last time she did, we made her cry ... I'm not kidding about that.

She gets her minions to do it instead so she gets a watered-down version of any criticism and any praise is massively overexaggerated.
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.