[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idol Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 27

File: tumblr_nqxn8amu011r3fop8o1_1280.png (1MB, 1092x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqxn8amu011r3fop8o1_1280.png
1MB, 1092x800px
General Idol thread

>AKB0048
>Idolm@ster
>Love Live
>Tokyo 7th Sister
>Wake Up Girls
>PriPara
>Aikatsu

and all others

Just installed Starlight Stage on my phone and I'm so hyped to do more im@s cosplays
>>
I wonder, does anybody have any good idol animes that are not on OPs list? You know, not the overly popular ones.

I know this is probably a question for /a/ but those fags would probably just scream LOVE LIVUUUU at me.
>>
File: original.gif (634KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
634KB, 500x281px
Perfect Blue?

Don't hate on Love Live because it's popular there's a reason for it. Mostly because it doesn't alienate female viewers
>>
>>8901555
Already saw Perfect Blue. Because of the psychologic factor though, even if it touches the idol subject too.
>>
>>8901555
OT, but this. I'm so glad LL didn't shoehorn in some self insert male character for all the girls to fawn over
>>
>>8901526
There's Miss Monochrome, I guess. It's more comedy than actual idol activities
>>
File: idols.jpg (447KB, 840x761px) Image search: [Google]
idols.jpg
447KB, 840x761px
>>8901526
Macross.

If you like AKB0048, start watching Macross Frontier and you'll be ready to watch Delta when it airs in April.
>>
>>8901686
Seconding MF, 0048 is my favorite anime idol show and this one is my second fave.
>>
>>8901643
Pretty much this though it does make this weird world where the only men are Honk's faceless dad, Nico's little brother and once in awhile a background guy who's clearly the supportive boyfriend of another high school girl whose is a fan of muse.
>>
anyone cosplaying from idolm@ster?
>>
>>8901526
One of my favorite series ever is Full Moon wo Sagashite, but the manga is better. The Anime is way too long. Most of it is one of hijinx.
>>
>>8901922
Me! I was thinking about going to next con as Takane, tho I can't get the dress right lol
>>
>>8901526
Locodol!

>>8901922
Me! Im@s Cg, though
>>
Do you have any idol dream cosplays? Post pics!
>>
>>8901922
I'll hopefully have a vampire kyun miki ready by fanime. Can't find the right thigh highs... I've got a good bunch done
>>
>>8902786
Not really idol aime, but I do wanna cosplay Wantanabe Miyuki's Warukii cosplay with the bouncy tail, sparkly horns, and everything.
>>
File: tumblr_mulkutN7P31swmbf8o2_250.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mulkutN7P31swmbf8o2_250.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>8902885
Vampire kyun Miki is so cute! You'll look great, anon!

>>8902895
I feel like you must be the same anon from before haha, but ditto on the Warukii outfit!
>>
>>8903298
Yes I was the same anon from before! I honestly want to do all the Warukii outfits at this point
>>
Revive!

Has anyone gotten a Love Live mermaid cos from tb yet? Wondering if there any good ones? The ones I've been looking at have some mxed reviews from the listing
>>
>>8903298
Hnng that sayanee gif.

Speaking of Sayanee, I feel the need to make some of her outfits. Since her and Mayu are my oshi's but I can't get away with 0048 for sayanee. RIP.
( I'm working on about 4 Mayu related coslplays with 0048 mayu and chieri.)

Anyone got any cute sayanee outfit suggestions? I'm thinking the bokutachi wa tatakawanai outfit or maybe Kagemonix?
>>
File: wishes.jpg (710KB, 1400x336px) Image search: [Google]
wishes.jpg
710KB, 1400x336px
>>8902786
I think these are my Top 5 want to cosplay right now. Unfortunately I don't have any time to make idol cosplays apart from the Iori I am currently making.
>>
>>8902573
im also cosplaying from CG. who are you thinking of going as?
>>
File: IMG_0103.jpg (149KB, 877x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103.jpg
149KB, 877x1280px
>>8904631
I also wanted to do Bokutachi wa tatakawanai but Paruru version mostly because of the feather headdress. I even want to attempt to make the weapon they use in the MV as well
>>
File: 826466082_tp.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
826466082_tp.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>8904631
It's not super recognizable but I really like her Green Flash outfit!

>>8904842
I'm going as Uzuki!

>>8904648
Hnnnng that Rika and that Miku!!
>>
File: Faruru_Season_3.png (120KB, 270x404px) Image search: [Google]
Faruru_Season_3.png
120KB, 270x404px
>>8902786
I've posted this before, but hnng
I'd also love to do Sophie or Mireille in the Paradise Coord!
>>
>>8902885
I'll be at fanime as well anon, I hope I see you there. I've been wanting to make the vampire girl outfits forever but alas, I can't really wrap my head around it, and I got roped into a group costume this year so rip im@s plans... would you mind if I asked you how you're doing the black detailing on your dress?
>>
>>8904932
Falulu is also a dream cosplay of mine!
But that wig, and shoes, and dress...fuck.
>>
>>8905317
Ikr?
>>
File: bubka-2016.jpg (101KB, 640x322px) Image search: [Google]
bubka-2016.jpg
101KB, 640x322px
What kind of makeup do you guys prefer to see on people coplaying idols?
I'm about to do my first love live cosplay (Nico) and it's been a toss up.
When I think of idol makeup, in real life it's pretty natural and fresh like pic related.
But then, we're trying to replicate anime characters, so should it be more dramatic? Is there a good balance between typical "cosplay makeup" and "idol makeup?"
>>
>>8905326
And here's what I mean by cosplay makeup, quite a contrast.
>>
>>8905326
Idols need dramatic makeup. You get washed out on stage if you don't wear it. I'd definitely put emphasis on the eyes. False lashes, good defined shadow, but still natural in tone. Blush and some highlighter. I'd avoid contouring since idols are supposed to be young.
>>
File: 89374289526.png (609KB, 452x639px) Image search: [Google]
89374289526.png
609KB, 452x639px
Question for those of us who own the taobao Cyber outfit thats made from the kind of... plasticy? material. I got mine today and was wondering how you keep yours lit-- seeing as it's powered by usb? My first thought is using a portable phone charger but I wanna know if theres any other ways people have done it.
>>
>>8905363
I did the portable phone charger
>>
>>8905363
Portable phone charger here as well. There is a pocket in the skirt for it
>>
>>8905386
>>8905458
Thank you both! I have a few portable chargers laying around so hopefully if I switch them out as they go flat they can last the whole day

And yeah I found the pocket while investigating closer, I'll probably end up putting velcro strips at the top just to make sure the charger doesn't fall out at all
>>
>>8905050
i had bought one from a site but it was garbage so i'll have to use it as a base hopefully it's salvageable, the black detailing (i assume you mean on the bottom) i'm not sure how i'm going about fixing that yet, they got the shape all wrong
>>
>>8905328
the shoop on Hanayo's face and Nico's chin tho
>>
Hey gulls, I'm planning to cosplay one of Hanayo's initial URs which I posted in the love live thread here >8899934
Since her feet aren't visible, would simple shoes like pic related work okay?
>>
File: Hanayo_pure_sr62_t.jpg (60KB, 449x631px) Image search: [Google]
Hanayo_pure_sr62_t.jpg
60KB, 449x631px
>>8907361
Since the link didn't work here's the SR
>>
>>8907361
Mary Jane's are definitely a safe bet. I would go with the white ones myself and maybe blue socks or short white ankle socks with lace.
>>
>>8905328
Is it just me, or do all their boobs look strange???
>>
File: tumblr_n73xwfEeR11rzie3lo1_500.png (389KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n73xwfEeR11rzie3lo1_500.png
389KB, 500x750px
Where can I get a maid uniform like this? I want to cosplay as Minalinsky for an upcoming con but most vendors seem to only be selling "sexy maid dresses"
>>
>>8907796
... just look for love live cosplay
>>
>>8907799
I did. I mean you can find some stuff like the link below but the skirt looks way too short, like knee length, I wanted one that comes down to my ankles.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Love-Live-Anime-Cosplay-Minami-Kotori-Black-And-White-Maid-Lolita-Girl-Dress-/331792356239?hash=item4d405d938f:g:9xMAAOSwP~tW1lde
>>
>>8907796
Didn't you ask this in the love live thread too? Didn't you get advice there as well?
>>
>>8908237
No-one responded to my question, senpai. So no.
>>
>>8907796
this would be super easy to make. it's a basic puff-sleeved dress with an apron that's pretty much a series of gathered rectangles
>>
>>8907955
Taobao that shit
>>
File: shimamudesu.jpg (127KB, 325x617px) Image search: [Google]
shimamudesu.jpg
127KB, 325x617px
>>8902786
As soon as I downloaded the CG:SS app I absolutely fell in love with these outfits. They are way too cute! I'd kill to be able to be a qt cinderella Shimamura...
>>
>>8909770
Ascos on taobao have that dress for a fair price
>>
>>8909770
Ebay has it too, anon, and I was going to get it; if you'd want a review, let me know!
>>
File: logo_top.png (983KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
logo_top.png
983KB, 1000x600px
Im@s fan, always wanted to do a group, a unit or at least have a partner to cosplay with.
All my friends are crossplayers (Free, Touken Ranbu and the like) so it was too girly. Really trying and hoping they'll get into SideM.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>8910601
I pray for you. It's gunna be tough for SideM to really shine (in western countries) because people already have the thought of the generic male idol thing as Utapri. Only the mobage-diggers will know unless we get any anime. The merch is selling like hotcakes though oddly.

I'm in a similar situation where literally all my friends but a handfull are LL fantatics and always give me the whole "I just couldn't get into im@s (even explaining the difference between 765 and CG) " deal, or we started a group halfway but they bailed because it's not flavor of the month anymore.
I've gotten used to it and chalk it up as different strokes for different folks, but I remember being super bummed that I could never get a proper 765 group together even living in California.
Just having one other person wanting to do an outfit with me makes me happier than shit.

Segway, me and said friend are debating doing Kaede and Ranko's Blue Nation outfits for AX this year. Our fave idols from the CG series.
>>
File: top_4582465695671.jpg (195KB, 580x298px) Image search: [Google]
top_4582465695671.jpg
195KB, 580x298px
>>8910740
>>8910601
SideM is doing well because they came up with some quirky and different characters than what we usually see in male idol groups. That being said most other 2D male idol groups are just a collection of the high school archetypes. The music is pretty good too for what's been released though some of the more popular groups don't even have singles yet. (I still don't know how they'll pull off voicing the shota group and doing concerts)

I'm still working on regular im@s and I don't hate it but I guess I find the LL girls more relatable? If I were to cosplay from it I'd probably go with Takane or Asuza though I'm sure they're like the Nozomi of im@s where everyone has them as a first or top choice.
>>
>>8910740
Please do! Love these outfits!
>>
>>8905326
If I'm just cosplaying the LL school uniform I'll go more natural with the makeup (less intense eyeliner, natural falsies, lip gloss, etc) but stage outfits need stage makeup. I'd say focus on getting flawless skin, and then use more or less eye makeup depending on how extravagant your outfit is.
>>
>>8909673
>>8909676
I'll give these a try. Thanks. I thought doing it myself but I've never really worked with a needle much, so I'm a bit nervous. I guess I have nothing to lose though.
>>
>>8910922
>I'm still working on regular im@s and I don't hate it but I guess I find the LL girls more relatable? If I were to cosplay from it I'd probably go with Takane or Asuza though I'm sure they're like the Nozomi of im@s where everyone has them as a first or top choice.

The popular cosplays seem to be Miki, Makoto, Iori an Chihaya.
>>
>>8910740
>literally all my friends but a handfull are LL fantatics and always give me the whole "I just couldn't get into im@s (even explaining the difference between 765 and CG) " deal
Anon are you me?! I want so badly to cosplay im@s with other people, but it seems like everyone and their mom only wants to cosplay LL. I really don't understand how LL became so wildly popular and im@s seems to have been left in the dust. At least, it feels like at the cute grills my age who cosplay only like LL, while the people who like im@s are older dudes (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it doesn't help me find a cosplay buddy).
>>
File: happy-cat.jpg (125KB, 350x524px) Image search: [Google]
happy-cat.jpg
125KB, 350x524px
>>8913237
Fortunately for me, many of my friends have gotten bored of Love Live. Some of them are a bit tired of idols overall, but at least some of them are really into making im@s cosplays

>mfw we have a full 765 group for an upcoming con
>>
>>8913237
I personally love the self-insert producer role in the im@s series, but I feel like it may put some girls off. On the other hand, LL focuses much more on the friendship/competition aspect. Plus, the LL game got localized for English-speakers which really helped it become popular (I first discovered LL through the eng app before switching to the jp app), and there are so many premade outfits readily available
>>
New synopsis for LL sunshine comes out.
Is exactly the same storyline as LL

>A private school in the seaside neighborhood of Uchiura at Numazu City, Uranohoshi Girls' High School is facing closure due to decreasing student intake. Inspired by the famous school idol group μ's before them, nine high school girls, Takami Chika, Sakurauchi Riko, Matsuura Kanan, Kurosawa Dia, Watanabe You, Tsushima Yoshiko, Kunikida Hanamaru, Ohara Mari, and Kurosawa Ruby, form their own idol group called Aqours in order to save their school from closing.
>>
>>8913399
Yeah. I'm giving it a chance anyway but it seems like a boring knockoff.

>>8913335
I was one of the people put off by the self-insert producer thing, almost every exclusively-LL person I've talked to was.
>>
>>8913399
Geez, they kept the 'school is closing must save it with idols' premise? I'm fine with the new team despite boring designs mostly because they chose not to grind the Muse girls into the ground. I guess it makes more sense for a rural island school to be closing instead of Otonokizuka which was right next to Akiba. It's still an all girls school too. It's fine to put them at a mixed school just put the guys in the background they don't have to have a 'manager' or crushes
>>
>>8913399
damn that sucks. i would still give it a chance though. i thought it would be a group trying to be like muse so they can put their small town on the map or something
>>
>>8913328
I'm so jealous, anon!!

>>8913335
Yeah, I figured that the English app aspect had a big impact on western popularity. As for the self-insert producer thing, I guess I never payed it much mind since I found im@s before LL and already liked/knew about idol culture in general, so I guess that helped me not be put off by it? Still, like you said, a big part of it is probably that they're very different series: one is about how the girls mature with the idol-thing as a plot point, and the other is literally an anime about producing idols.

>>8913399
>same shit, different idols
yikes
>>
File: 51465573_p0_master1200.jpg (295KB, 940x677px) Image search: [Google]
51465573_p0_master1200.jpg
295KB, 940x677px
People...don't like the producer thing? That thought never occurred to me. I always loved the producer character and the whole aspect of it.
>>
I'm having an issue with shoes for LL cosplays. Which shoes would you guys wear for the cyber outfit and the yukata outfit? For the yukata, I'm thinking of just buying some traditional geta but I'm stuck on the shoes for cyber (my feet don't do well in heels ;__;)
>>
File: 426px-Nico_pure_ur590_t.jpg (86KB, 426x599px) Image search: [Google]
426px-Nico_pure_ur590_t.jpg
86KB, 426x599px
>>8913684
the cards show a hint of black boots or pumps. Personally I think some black glitter flats or pumps would be cute.
>>
>>8913641
It reads a little haremy even though he's just doing his job by keeping them motivated and inspired. Though he usually does this and not the other girls so it lacks a certain amount of "girl power."
>>
>>8913399
>exactly the same storyline as LL
Great, just when I was starting to warm up to the idea of LL sunshine
>>
>>8913684
>>8913699
Cyber shoes are technically supposed to look like this, but I've never seen anyone do something besides black flats or heels
>>
>>8913730
>he usually does this and not the other girls
I don't really think that's the case; I think the biggest character developments in im@s happen when the girls help one another, while the producer pretty much sits by the sidelines to cheer them on and help if need be. Especially in the 765 anime and movie, you get a big sense of girl power, I think. Though in LL, the theme is definitely more prominent since there's no producer in the first place.
>>
>>8913641
Same, I never gave any thought to the producer, he was just there to move the episode plots. It was always about watching and getting to know the idols in that self-insert way. I felt it was more girl power-y relating to them directly, than watching girls be friends together. Imas was more real to me in that way.

I liked LL too but I think it's more popular *because* there's no male characters, so no "competition" for the pure moe idol girls. If people are so turned off by one being in Imas that you can't watch the girls, and look at the backlash when they introduced Jupiter.
>>
File: PureGirlsProject.jpg (333KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
PureGirlsProject.jpg
333KB, 640x640px
>>8913789
Yeah the whole purity aspect will always be pretty creepy. In LL anime and movie their audiences are always full of other high school girls and the occasional clearly-boyfriend-of-one-of-said-girls. Yes I understand that plenty of girls enjoy idols too but it's pretty unrealistic so that the actual male fans so feel "threatened" like you said. I guess im@s is a nice compromise between LL and Wake Up Girls gritty realistic approach to the idol world.
>>
File: Magnum-027-FRONT-320x480.jpg (28KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Magnum-027-FRONT-320x480.jpg
28KB, 320x480px
How well does this wig look for Hanayo? Or is there a better wig/style I can buy or a different color?
>>
>>8913699
>>8913742
Thanks for the help anons! Those pictures really help. What about for the design on them? Is it something that I could probably just hotglue on?
>>
Another question, where do people find friends who are into Love Live? I would really like to make a group for the next con I'm going to (Otakon) but I have no friends.
>>
>>8914831
arda sucks. all of their love live suggestions are fucking terrible.
>>
>>8913641
Broducer's the best! & in Cinderella Girls anime I really like how TakeP brings all the girls together with the Power of Smile project.
>>
>>8914994
Go to FB and look for the Love Live usa cosplayers. You can search for people there
>>
>>8915026
Arda's good for some things, but I do agree that their Love Live suggestions are terrible.

>>8914831
I vaguely considered Hanayo and I was going to get this wig: https://www.epiccosplay.com/chronos-14-ash-blonde-short-cosplay-wig.html
The one you suggested isn't horrible.. but that shade of blonde doesn't work on most skin tones.
>>
>>8915081
i suppose, i just hate that they try so hard to sell their shit they end up giving terrible suggestions for things. like some of these are so forced and so bad, why not just make wigs for the characters?
>>
>>8915081
>https://www.epiccosplay.com/chronos-14-ash-blonde-short-cosplay-wig.html
I like this one a lot better for Hanayo.
>>
>>8915074
If you like hyperactive flavor of the month costume weebs, sure go there.
>>
>>8915151
where else canyou find other people to make a group
>>
>>8915074
I got burned in that group so bad
>>
>>8915264
do tell.
>>
>>8915164
Friends? Otherwise there's not a lot of online cosplay communities that don't have a lot of flaky/crazy. Maybe make a Love Live thread and put ask if any posters live in your area and are interested?

Sad that I'm recommending a 4chan board out of all the other places on the internet but it's hard enough to make a group even with competent people.
>>
>>8913641
I always thought broducer was really cute in his own right...
>>
File: CFCSWUfVAAEO2iz.jpg (196KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
CFCSWUfVAAEO2iz.jpg
196KB, 600x840px
Does anyone know of any Taobao stores that sell Love Live cosplay in bigger sizes or custom made?
I'm especially interested in the cyber costumes, unfortunately none of the biggest sizes I find fit me because the chest area is always too small for me.
>>
>>8918441
http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=522971592365&spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.PH8feq#detail has them in large, I got my Nico from here in small.
>>
File: Nozomilace.jpg (305KB, 1104x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nozomilace.jpg
305KB, 1104x720px
I could probably post this in the general help thread. But I'm working on white day angel Nozomi and I'm trying to decide on the lace.

The heart lace I only have about 1- 1 1/2 yards. It was the last the store had.The flower eyelet lace is the most accurate, but I was wondering if I should go with the sheer one instead because it would be more visually interesting?

I've got a couple different ideas. Like using the heart lace on just the small hip piece with the flowers(since I have just enough for that). Then using the flower lace for the bodice and armbands. Another option was maybe doing one layer eyelet lace and the second layer being the sheer lace.

Another option I was thinking was maybe running the sheer behind the scalloped part on the skirt. It would look nice, but not as odd as some of the taobao ones where they have white lace on the skirt.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.