[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cgl/ needs some chill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 15

File: 143330037777.jpg (82KB, 709x530px) Image search: [Google]
143330037777.jpg
82KB, 709x530px
out of curiosity, what is the dumbest thing you've seen seagulls get mad about?
or what was the worst advice that /cgl/ has ever given you? how did it turn out if you did follow the advice?
if you have multiple stories, please post them here
>>
I've had people attack me in the cosplay suggestions thread for giving them suggestions based on possible characters they would like to cosplay.

They literally were bitching that I didn't suggest any character to them that was outside of what they listed for possible cosplays for themselves
>>
>>8895773
>what is the dumbest thing you've seen seagulls get mad about?
1. venting anonymously about friends while omitting identifiable details.
2. taking a picture of a winter coord while the ground outside was green.
>>
>contact lens vs. glasses vs. taking glasses off for photos in lolita
>natural hair vs. wig debates in lolita

Every time. It almost generates as much rage on either side as race debates on RC.
>>
>>8895795
>1. venting anonymously about friends while omitting identifiable details.
I was actually going to post this

rip mixedrace-chan
>>
>>8895795

>not knowing that not all countries have snow during winter
>>
>>8895795
It's been 80 degrees all winter where I live, anon. Some places do not get snow.
>>
>>8895795
> between - 10 / 0°C in my country
> never snow
I want to make some snowmans...
>>
>>8895795
Nobody wants to buy your sweaty clothes anon.
>>
File: me rn.jpg (83KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
me rn.jpg
83KB, 500x282px
I remember a long time ago some girl did a greentext about getting into a car wreck, getting pretty injured and ruining her cosplay and I think the other driver blamed her despite it not really being her fault. Someone backed into her and she didn't react in time since she spilled candy all over the car floor and looked down for a second. The entire thread was blaming and screaming at her for daring to look away for a split second when she spilled her candy.

I might remember some things faulty because it was so long ago, but holy shit. Apparently you have to watch how you're driving clockwork orange style according to /cgl/.
>>
>>8895830
Same friend. When it snows here the ground is normally already wet.
>>
The self post thread where Anons were posting dolls in cosplay/jfash.
>>
When gulls get mad at other gulls for posting self posts in self post threads.
>>
>>8895795
I like how you made yourself look dumb in a dumb thread.
>>
>>8895795
>>8895803
never forget mixedrace-chan
>>
>>8895912
Nevermind, I'm the dumb one. Nice start for the thread. Sorry.
>>
>>8895912
>>8895917
I was gonna say, did you miss where #2 derailed a whole CoF thread because one anon could not let it go?
>>
Every time a confused anon is tore a new one for simply not knowing something. Most people choose to say "hey dumb faggot guess what" instead of simply correcting them.
>>
>>8895896
I've come to accept that many of the people who post here come to unleash their crazy. Seriously, some of the things anons blame other anons for is fucking dumb, and probably shit they do themselves. I'm no angel either, but people come on here to judge and piss on others, no matter how stupid or trivial the matter is. Everyone wants to prove themselves to be better, smarter, prettier, more skilled, etc.
>>
>co-ord
>>
The lolitas who get assblasted over a NWT dress having been tried on. Like geez, I get not wanting it when it's been worn out, but do you people not buy clothes from department stores or something.
>>
I asked advice about a coat to wear with a JSK. I'm a fattychan and for certain items that aren't shirred I need custom or extended sizing. It was an idea I got, but for appropriate coats I was limited because the con was a month away (so, not much time for custom sizing) One of the replies was an anon saying that I should've planned better if I had such limitations (which I totally agree with, or just come up with a different idea) and then they said "what makes you think this normalfag jacket comes in your size and will be here in time?" As if I was retarded enough to specifically pick a coat that wasn't my size and had a 2 month long ship time or something. I just trashed the idea for now because like I said, I agree about the better planning, but I just thought that they probably should've thought their last comment through a little bit better. (like, in the post I even said I picked those particular coats because of my sizing & time constraints and was asking if they were appropriate or not) Oh well. I guess no-nonsense, straightforward advice is what we all come here for.
>>
Arguing with some newfag about using emoticons for multiple posts on end. It's worse when either party refers to them as emojis.
Just don't reply to posts that use emoticons, or just respond with "lurk moar," they'll catch on.
>>
One anon getting bitchy because she told an anon to drink bleach and got a few reponses telling her she was bitchy.
>>
>>8895978
Why do you hate board culture :^)
>>
99% of everyone who frequents this board is retarded and quick to lash out and get aggressive with others, for little to no reason at all. It's almost depressing to witness, but more infuriating than anything else. Apparently everyone thinks anonymity is a free ticket to act like a seething cunt.
>>
>>8895958
>chord
>>
that dumb point in time when non OTT coords were considered Ita and posted to ita threads constantly
>>
>>8896030
>petit-coat
>>
People freaking out about tumblr any time someone says anything about anything.

> sneezes
> omfg go back to tumblr this board is ruined i bet you wear giant black glasses i remember back in the old days of cgl and blah blah edge edge

Chill out.
>>
>>8895826
No, it was a thing that happened in a thread. It was really fucking dumb...
>>
>>8895900
Oh yeah that was annoying and all because you know who was quote "posting too much" like people here get to mandate how much you post.
>>
>>8895956
Yeah, this board is extraordinarily competitive.
>>
>>8896003
cause it's boring
>>
>>8896054
>> sneezes
>> omfg go back to tumblr this board is ruined i bet you wear giant black glasses i remember back in the old days of cgl and blah blah edge edge
THIIIIS. god that shit is annoying and how many times have we had that damn "anti sjw's are just as bad" argument which usually results in everyone agreeing and then we still to this day get "OH A TUMBLR THREAD?! GO BACK TO TUMBLR FAGWAD"
>>
>shows a little bit of empathy
>compliments someone's cute coord just happens to be black

"You're just asspatting because she's black, go back to tumblr!"
>>
>>8896054
>>8896169
>>8896172

You guys reminded me of this anon
>>8891968

"Tumblr" has become a euphemism for "fat extremist special snowflake sjw"

Meanwhile, "gulls" feels like it's become a euphemism for something akin to "petty"
>>
>>8896053
Goddammit anon. I got past chord and co-ord perfectly fine but petit-coat really rustles my bloomers and you know people who say "petit-coat" call it that because they think it sounds fancier than "petticoat" like those twats who go out for tea and pastries but insist on calling it "high tea" cuz muh fancy lolita words.

>>8896169
It's almost like they can't comprehend that people use tumblr as inspiration blogs or to share their coords too. I don't blame them though. One rotten egg spoils everything... Except tumblr is like 99% special snowflake sjw trash, so they ruined the 1% that's sane people.
>>
>>8896207
all of tumblr =/= crazy sjw
all of 4chan =/= /b/
>>
I saw a bad teeth thread here once and the girl who got posted as the header image was a gull.
>>
>>8895795
You do know there are places that regularly have cold winters without snow because of humidity/being near the ocean/other factors right?
>>
Once a bunch of people got pissed because someone didn't know how to make tea 'properly' using a water thermometer or something.

That one time an anon made a skincare sticky and people chewed them out for referring to reddit, yet now it's completely fine.

Every time someone utters the phrase 'i have no friends' there's bound to be someone who's going to pile on them and tell them to shower and stop being a faggot

When an anon got shit because she said school instead of university even though she was ESL
>>
>>8896276
Anon is saying someone got shit on for that not that it's a bad thing goddamn read the thread
>>
>>8896299
why read the thread when they can spew a baseless reaction instead?
>>
Someone saying I owned no brand because I prefer being able to bung bodyline I don't care too much about in the machine to handwashing or drycleaning my delicate expensive pieces.
>>
veeeeeery slightly mismatched browns/reds. Ok yeah if its glaringly obvious (like very warm with very cool or very light with very dark) then I understand, but have you people ever actually TRIED to match browns and reds in real life? Not only that, but sometimes shit looks fine irl and photographs completely different
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (621KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
621KB, 500x281px
>>8895773
Trying to define rules in any fashion related thread.
>uchuu is/is not j-fashion and this is what it looks like
>let me tell you exactly what casual lolita is
>>
File: 1402361315895.jpg (141KB, 680x694px) Image search: [Google]
1402361315895.jpg
141KB, 680x694px
people are autistic about trips here.

>trip posts in a thread something on topic
>entire thread gets derailed because people can't control their hate for said trip.

yeah, I get it, you don't like a trip, but there's no need to derail an entire thread because of it.
>>
When people derail a "sexy cosplay" thread with fatties. Cgl always complains when bikini cosplays are posted, so let there be a "sexy" containment thread, hide it, and carry on with your day.
>>
>>8896443
Well to be fair, the definition of a fatty on this board is sometimes very blurred. Not to mention plenty of chubbier girls can still be considered sexy with enough skin showing.
>>
>>8896027
That'n not a /cgl/ thing, that's just a 4chan thing.
>>
>>8896356
Hey Jebus
>>
>>8896054
It's really weird people hate tumblr for the culture being too extremest and aggressive as if it isn't exactly the same way here.
>>
Everything ITT is fucking nothing. Visit PULL/current lolcow and dare to bitch about cgl again.
>>
You gotta rememeber OP that this board is full of crazy batshit insane nerds with little to no social skills outside of anime cons so of course everyone is gonna be a little fucked up.

Besides, from being here for a while and going to a few cgl meet ups, most folks who talk mad shit are just talk, no action IRL.
>>
>>8896515
Well I mean, what do you expect from people who only feel brave enough to insult others anonymously?
>>
>>8896511
PULL and lolcow are different beasts altogether, but that still doesn't mean cgl isn't silly sometimes
>>
When newfags try way too hard to fit in by taking the catty bitchyness to a whole new level that is unnecessary. They always seem to throw out "newfag" to anyone who replies at them, when their lack of understanding of board culture is pretty obvious. I see this a lot in the summer, because when someone responds something like "sure is summer" at them they have no idea "what the season has to do with anything, you stupid cunt!!111!"
It's kind of annoying.
>>
>>8896543
Holy shit this
>newfag posts something totally stupid
>"hey, stop"
>"do you know where you are??? This is 4chan the meanest place on the internet!!!"
>>
>>8895912
This might literally be the dumbest response I've ever seen.
>>
>>8896443
That's because this board isn't for sexy cosplays. >>>/s/ has a sexy cosplay thread but idiots insist on coming here because "durr durr its on topic durr". That's like posting photos of nude women with whipped cream on them on /ck/ and being like "WELL THERE'S FOOD SO IT'S ON TOPIC!!!"
>>
>>8896599
This. The OPs for that thread try to say they're on topic because its cosplay, but it's really not suited here. And it's obvious they care more about the t&a than the quality of the cosplay, hence why it belongs on /s/. I can't count how many times I've seen Cammy cosplayers in that thread with a cheap green swimsuit and dollar store beret.
>>
>>8896337
>Big Ang

May she RIP.
>>
>>8896169
People forget that there's a difference between being a tumblrina and a decent person. Nowadays you have to be a tumblr SJW or hateful and angry about all things social justice, there is no need between...
>>
One time someone posted in an unpopular opinion thread saying they liked the look of velvet and someone replied telling them they needed to kill themselves because velvet looked like cheap shit. I wish I screen capped it.
>>
I just figure everyone who whines about getting told to go back to tumblr gets pissed because they are, in fact, a fucking SJW tumblrina.
>>
>>8895795
>taking a picture of a winter coord while the ground outside was green.

I remember that stupidity. Kek at the anons responding to you like you're the "why is she wearing a coat" anon tho.
>>
>>8895773
When people think their opinion, on what is suited and what not, have any significance.

>>8896637
>This. The OPs for that thread try to say they're on topic because its cosplay, but it's really not suited here. And it's obvious they care more about the t&a than the quality of the cosplay, hence why it belongs on /s/. I can't count how many times I've seen Cammy cosplayers in that thread with a cheap green swimsuit and dollar store beret.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 307x212px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 307x212px
>>8896865
>thinking your opinion on what is suitable and what isn't has any significance

Congrats, anon. You played yourself.
>>
>>8896757
Not really. Most of the time, the people being told to go back to tumblr are told that because they disagreed with someone.

> I think white girls look best in gyaru!
> Anyone can look good with the right makeup and clothing.
> GO BACK TO TUMBLR!

No one is really whining, its just dumb and folks need to chill when someone doesn't agree with a statement. By that logic, they'd be the one belonging on some crazy tumblr page.
>>
>>8895958
>>8896030
>Cord.
>>
Whenever anyone openly posts about being fat, like even if they don't say anything the gulls DESCEND
>>
>>8897054
>dorc
>>
>>8897054
Kord
>>
I'm so tired of seeing people reply to the most obvious trolls in the world. It doesn't matter if you have absolute proof what they're saying is bullshit. Do not reply. There is no being right or wrong, only being stupid enough to feed a troll or smart enough to walk away.
>>
>>8897145
This goes for any retard with extreme edgy opinions, doesn't matter if it's a tumblrina or a robot. You're not going to change their mind, just walk away and spare yourself the autism.
>>
When cgl decided to make a new "intro to lolita" on Google docs, and when Guidebook anon finally compiled all the information and opinions and put it in one spot (the lolita guidebook) everyone bitched at her for what it said and the advice it gave.
Like you guys... We're the ones who started it.

Semi-related:
>more guides/blogs than ever on how to be a decent lolita
>"there's no way she didn't have an ita phase. EVERYONE has an ita phase"
>>
>>8896313
Its funny you say that because I believe that's why we're having this thread....
>>
>>8896543
The amount of people trying to cover their asses for not knowing the word filters was pretty ridiculous.
Like, that's part of the reason word filters happen. SO WE CAN SPOT THE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T READ THE RULES OR EVEN BOTHERED TO LURK.
>>
>>8896543
The only good thing about obvious tryhard tumblrfags is sometimes you can bait them into saying they're underage and then they get banned.
>>
>>8896663
Haha, god damn. Yeah, "kill yourself" is just so fucking casual around here. I've only ever seen it be that common on /tv/ outside of this board.
>>
>>8896757
I know I'm not. I laugh every time I see it, and it's not always being said to me. Granted, I do use tumblr - I'm no SJW nor am I a superwholock...
People tend to forget that with tumblr, you can just filter out everything you don't want to see. Someone starts posting SJW stuff? Unfollow. Poof, you no longer have to see it. There are about a million extensions you can use with it too, much like here, so that you can have the experience you want to have. You don't even have to see their dumb ad's or their sponsored shit.

You can do that on 4chan too but I guess everyone just wants to see shit that will anger them? I've never understood this logic.

Anyway, there's a ton of great j-fashion stuff getting passed around on tumblr outside of people who blog posting what they wear. I've seen so many great KERA scans and behind the scenes at tea parties in Japan and the like, all on tumblr.

People who single it out because of a group of people is ridiculous when you can use the site as a resource. Granted, you can do that on pinterist too but I've often found they don't source things properly.
It sucks that everything has to be yelled at via text because some bad eggs ruined it.

Also 4chan hates reddit yet everyone on this board is totally okay with it. /cgl/ is like a fucking bizarro 4chan board.
>>
The people in this thread >>8892335 who are going on overly righteous solioquys about how OP is an elitist anime asshole tryhard purist. All they did was try to start a discussion about the current state of anime cons and western fandoms. Yes they used phrases like "when do you put your foot down" but that really doesn't deserve some of the amazingly long rebukes.

Also halfway though typing I realized I might be mistaken for that OP and there's another cgl-ism. Anyone who agrees with someone else is self-posting, OP or "hi Jessica."
>>
>>8897335
Hi OP, next time make it less obvious you're bitching about the state of your own con.
>>
File: 1426560465773.jpg (80KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1426560465773.jpg
80KB, 1000x563px
>>8897341
Hilarious
>>
>>8897335
>OP is an elitist anime asshole tryhard purist
Nobody said that in thread, just having a debate and trying to say their opinions on the matter of the dumb topic anyway, but if the shoe fits
>>
>>8895773
Shaming the same lot of people in the Australia general page. It then leads to slagging off amongst anon over the issue. Drama everywhere especially in cgl lol
>>
>>8897347
>>8897285
>OP sounds like a butthurt elitist baby

>>8892350
>Fucking weaboo trash. Stop crying about a culture not of your origins and keeping it "elite".

It's not the entire thread but a bunch of people reacted to that second one and the full post like anon had cured cancer.
>>
>>8897181
I've started writing my own guide which includes "how to not look like an idiot on cgl" because let's admit it, they'll probably find here and think that they can be edgy little shits cuz i'm anon on 4chan so edgy lmao XD.
>>
People kept on complaining about how photgraphers and videographers would shoot the same people over and over again completely ignoring the fact that the people with the equipment have every right to be as picky as they want
>>
Seeing people get mad at others for having something in the name field has always gotten me confused and with a few questions. How do tripfags start out? Why is it okay for them to have names/trips?
>>
>>8897425
>How do tripfags start out? Why is it okay for them to have names/trips?
former trip here. i started out because i posted in the artist alley thread where some artists were trips to identify themselves. i gave up and stopped being a trip because i've pretty much completely stopped posting there and now i post more in general threads.
>>
>>8897181
When I first got into lolita, I lurked for months and read every guide I got my hands on. (A whole freaking buttload of guides. The original guidebook, Hellolace, ones on Youtube, even one on Wattpad!) I still had an ita phase.
>>
>>8897425
tripping is good for things like temporary identification within a topic. tripping or namefagging across the board is against anonymous culture and is pointless in discussions where identity doesn't matter.

the AA thread is a good place to trip. another good situation would be the Secret Santa/White Day threads, for the organizers to communicate to the participants.
>>
>>8897075
>curd
>>
Since when did cgl become a cosplay.com whining about cgl forum thread?
>>
>>8896946
I kek'd.
But you are right, my opinion also has no significance.
>>
>>8897354
butthurt elitist baby detected
>>
>>8897380
With the influx of new people all the time, and the amount of people here who insist on being stubborn, there is no pleasing this board.
People here just want to be upset about anything.
>>
>>8897821
It's gonna be more like general ettiquette like "don't make a thread for yourself", "if you have a question about x, post in this thread". Im not expecting to please every gull. That's just ridiculous.
>>
Every makeup thread conflates BB cream with foundation. It never bothered me until I started selling makeup and now I just want to shake people and tell them to just buy foundation.
>>
>>8897854
I've stopped using those threads as they have helped with zero things and I've had people telling me to do really ridiculous things like putting lipstick on your eyelids.
I don't care if some MUA told you that shit, I'm not doing that.
>>
>>8897854
Can I ask why? I use foundation regularly but was looking into BB cream, I'd love to know if there's a good reason to stick with foundation. Sorry it's OT
>>
>>8898209
BB Cream is a tinted moisturizer designed to even your skin tone before applying more foundation. You /can/ use it to make your skin look even before you go out to, I don't know, but groceries or check the mail, but if you're using it for cosplay or jfash makeup and you're not topping it with something else, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>8898193
Fucking this. I'm tired of hearing the clickbait advice. I'm tempted to start my own advice thread, but I don't want to deal with bitchy anons getting offended when I know their beauty hacks.
>>
>>8898307
*knock, not know.
New phone. Hate this keyboard.
>>
>>8898304
Different anon. I didn't know this. I feel dumb now. My mom is hetero but butch and taught me nothing.
>>
>>8898304
I didn't knew it...!
Thanks based anon
>>
>>8895801
Fucking this. The legally blind without glasses woman is tired of listening to non-glasses wearing lolitas navel-gaze about a race they have zero dogs in.
>>
>>8896053
Chord, cord, lolis, goth loli. *rustled* 'Cord' is abhorrent.
>>
>>8898304
Some of the Asian BB creams are so high coverage I'd honestly feel a bit weird applying more foundation over the top (not counting setting powder) - I think for jfash if you just want an even base for light natural makeup it's fine, cosplay is a different ball game and full coverage is much better for photoshoots and replicating characters.
>>
>>8898345
That reminds me
>you can't draw on (good) freckles because I used to be bullied for having freckles!
>you shouldn't wear fake glasses for fashion/a cosplay because I used to be bullied for wearing glasses!
>you can't do x because I say so and it hurts my feefees!

Some gulls just seem clinically retarded, and I've worn glasses since birth
>>
>>8897854
Different gull here. Because bb cream is closer to a tinted moisturiser than it is to actual foundation. They are not at all the same thing, especially if you have specific things you want to hide.
>>
>>8898304
I'm the anon who asked, and thank you for the tip! I'll try wearing it under my foundation.
>>
>>8898361
>Shearing
Ughhhhhhhh
>>
>>8898385
that reminds me when I cosplayed Genocider Syo, and some random fattie at an anime con told me I cannot cosplay a mental character because she had a mental illness and that's triggered her.
Everytime she saw me in the con approached to me demanding I quit my cosplay, I was a bad person and blahblah. The 6th time she did it and started talking about her mental illness I pointed it seemed self-diagnostiqued. She said she didn't need any stupid psychiatrist who doesn't know nothing about her special mental status.
We didn't end well...

Sorry for the story, pretty off-topic.
>>
>>8898461
Did you brawl?
>>
>>8898371
Fair. But the lolita comm around me is always constantly pulling the "oh this Maybelline BB cream gives me sooooo much coverage!!!"

Like. No. It made you even. At least put some powder foundation on and shut the hell up.
>>
>>8898548
Spending 200+ on a dress but can't but makeup outside of a drugstore. I can't even.
>>
>>8898461
i hope you cut her with your scissors
>>
>>8898548

People taking western BB cream seriously rustle me.
>>
Gulls need to ignore (and report) the "troll" threads
IGNORE
Don't fuel the bait

Like the ones mixedrace chan is posting right now

Report, hide and ignore
>>
>>8898548
The only reason I use BB cream is because foundation is honestly overkill on my face. My skin is actually really nice (used to be a nightmare in high school) but aside from the occasional pimple I'm fine. BB cream helps even it out and that's all I need t b h
>>
>>8898597
actually contrary to popular belief BB cream was started in Germany, it just became wildly popular in asia. western BB creams aren't too bad if you get the high end ones. as per usual, the cheapo drugstore ones aren't that great. the dr jart one is pretty nice
>>
>>8898607
They're replying >>8898602
I want to reply yelling at them but I don't want to be retarded holy shit
They can shut the fuck up, look even more retarded than OP
>>
>>8898666
Satanic trips of truth.

someone is obviously shilling in that thread, too many posts for the low postcount.
>>
>>8895773
someone posted a guide for how to look more feminine and one of the tips was to eat semen.
>>
>>8898391
Lol what bb are you buying? I get skin 79 and it covers the same opacity as my diorskin foundation. The only bbs I found that were too sheer were all from western brands (Maybelline, Revlon, too faced, etc)
>>
>>8898638
I wouldn't recommend Dr jart, the texture got caught in my dry skin and didn't cover much. And it's Korean, anyway. The one Western one I did like was Lumene, it's pretty medium coverage
>>
>>8898811
Original BB Cream hater:
Honestly, I use Garnier BB cream to work. It gives just enough coverage to make me look like a human, and it's light enough that my co-workers think I don't wear makeup. However, it is very slimy and liquidy.

Lancome's Imanance tinted moisturizer provides good coverage. I use it on the weekends and just throw some powder on top.
>>
>>8896460
"Hi____"
I think its safe to say that this pisses everyone off and only starts shit.

>>8896356
This too, I've had too many of my threads ruined by this.
>>
>>8902215
I've caught Nia like 3 times even though it's been years. It's only fun when you're right though otherwise it derails everything
>>
Mixedrace / housewife chan is today on feelings and confession thread

Why janitor don't permaban her?
>>
>>8902230
Even if you're right its just annoying.
>>
>>8902246
You know she's been banned several times, right?
She's like a roach. She just doesn't die. And she keeps coming back.

She uses proxies and has been region banned already.
>>
Whenever there's a thread I hate from now on I'm going to post pretending to be housewife-chan so I can derail the thread and get it nuked.
>>
>>8902497
the mods will only notice if you post things that are off topic.
>>
>>8902468
Yeah someone in one of her first threads mentioned proxies for some dumb reason
>>
>>8897333
>/cgl/ is like a fucking bizarro 4chan board.

Well it is the board with a primarily female user base. Compared to other boards, /cgl/ is pretty tame I feel.
>>
>>8896054
Also,
>making up bullshit that tumblr doesn't do in order to rage about shit tumblr does

I've seen this happen in multiple threads here and it's just astonishingly retarded, especially when someone replies to them and tells them that they don't know what they're talking about and they just lash out and scream.
>>
>>8897425
It sort of just happens, but you can really only be a tripfag on one board for it to work. Whether or not people like you is completely arbitrary, it either happens or it doesn't.

I've never been a tripfag here but I used to be one on /co/ and it's honestly just luck and not being massively retarded about shit.
>>
>>8903588
I was a trip on here, and /co/ and generally /co/ is more accepting of trips. unless you're redwood.
>>
>>8902497
She's already proved that doesn't work or do anything.
There will always be a new thread, there will always be new posters and there will always be an archive where your deleted threads will still live.

You will accomplish nothing.
>>
>>8902230
What's it like being the cancer of 4chan?
>>
>>8896660
You say that like 4chan isn't hateful or angry about stupid shit
>>
>>8902246
Have you considered that she evades her ban by changing her IP?

>>8902497
Threads get pruned more than they get nuked t b h
>>
>>8904013
Man this is some desperate shit.
Also mods don't respond.
>>
>>8904009
>Threads get pruned more than they get nuked
Yup. It's silly to think that as a lone wolf you can take down a board with a raid or that you can proxy hop to your hearts to content to quote "shit up a board"

This has happened to other boards before. And there are ways to tell someone is posting - our resident shitposter has a pretty easy identification and to mimmick it would just get you the usual results that are already happening.

If you want to get rid of /cgl/ as a board you'd have to do some serious petitioning.. they couldn't even get rid of /pol/...
>>
File: reinhardt1.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
reinhardt1.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
Simple question since it seems to be that kind of thread:

Is it generally frowned upon by the community at cons and such to wear a costume you just purchased? I don't have the time or inclination to make my own costume so I just want to buy one for a character I want to play as. As I understand, that might earn me the ire of some on this board, but would I take any heat for it at an actual event?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>8904062
nobody cares as long as you don't claim you made it.
>>
>>8904066
Gotcha. That would certainly be a cunt move.
>>
>>8904063
The one with the cool down time reaction image? That anon was pissed long before the bleach image.

>>8904062
no1currs at cons, unless you come off as a fake gamer girl or something. But even if they did, the shittalking will be online.
>>
>that one gull who replies to every single picture posted in a ita/CoF/etc thread.
>SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
File: 1445464408810.gif (1MB, 360x198px) Image search: [Google]
1445464408810.gif
1MB, 360x198px
>>8904114
>places like /cgl/ who are extra heavy on hazing newfags to lurk more generally have better quality
yeah i enjoy how organized we are and i don't stop shitposting at newfags with low quality threads or retarded questions, i just don't do "A thread died for this, you fucking narcissist" responses anymore.

went to /x/ recently and moonwalked back out. i only go back for spooky gif threads.

>tfw most /cgl/-related gifs are super-short tumblr-sized niblets
>tfw /cgl/ webms are all fap-oriented
>>
>>8904118
That's not how you greentext, anon...
>>
>>8904118
Lol I know, right?
It's just this huge block of unwarranted self-importance. I'd rather look at tripfag posts than that bullshit.
>>
>>8904118
>that one gull who replies to a CoF post with, "But there's nothing bad with this coord?"

bitch this ain't the ita thread
>>
Once I listed my height in a thread. It's a pretty average height here, if not a little short. Ten or so seagulls attacked me for lying, for pretending I lived in "Amazon world", and for boasting. Thread derailed because some people don't realise you can be over 5'4" and still be short.
>>
Shit that some seagulls do:
>make threads about themselves
>make threads to shitpost about someone they hate
>be hypocrites and call out others when they do the same thing
>be vendetta-chans and shitpost all over irrelevant threads
>be catty and arrogant and obnoxious
>feed trolls and get butthurt

----

>>8904090
Thank you anon
>>
That one time in a Love Live thread where one anon went batshit at another for saying rolled hems were for noobs or something. In the end I couldn't tell if they were really mad or just stirring.
>>
>>8904725
>>feed trolls and get butthurt
this x10000
>>
I remember people were saying to put the "do not disturb" sign on your door when you leave for the con, so the hotel people won't try on your cosplay or steal your make up while you're out.

Then when people started doing it, they got bitched at for being inconsiderate since their rooms wouldn't get fresh towels.
>>
>>8904945
I remember that too, kek
>>
>when seagulls were more triggered than the PTSD anons were
>>
>>8896207
Thanks for reminding me, anon.
>when gulls feel the need to explain the true meaning of high tea
This has happens at least two other times in recent memory
>>
In a lifestyle lolita thread they were bitching for a good twenty replies about people who eat on the bus, claiming that anyone eating in public is rude.
>>
>gothic lolita thread
>gulls chimp out over coords that "aren't even gothic lolita"
>chimping gulls offer no critique, just point and screech and fling shit

>ero lolita thread
>gulls chimp out over coords that "aren't even lolita"
>chimping gulls offer no critique, just point and screech and fling shit
>>
>>8897425
I do it to get a reaction out of people. Worls every time desu
>>
>>8902246
Story?
>newfag
>>
>>8910041
Shit that was me at least once. Someone went off on me even mentioning I had it and had a righteous crusade for a few long replies screaming at themselves. Last time I ever brought it up here even if its relevant.
>>
>>8910304
not worth getting into. just another troll, ignore and report.
>>
>>8895773
The dumbest thing I see on this board is girls who are disgustedly unhealthy, fat, of of shape, and ruin the fashion. If you're going to spend all that time and money dressing up a turd, you should use that time and money to try to fix the actual turd instead of trying to dress it up/hide it. The worst advice given is telling fat people to do anything but exercise and start taking care of themselves.
>>
>>8910462
nobody disagrees with that, bait harder
>>
>>8910450
Alright will do
>>
>>8910462
Try harder next time, your b8 is too obvious.
>>8895980
This t b h
>>8896003
:^)
>>8896054
Maybe because what happen 2 years ago is why we react when we hear tumblr nowadays.
>>8896511
PULL? Need info on that
>>
File: autismchan.jpg (100KB, 1224x468px) Image search: [Google]
autismchan.jpg
100KB, 1224x468px
>>8910304
Pic related.

>>8902246
I actually haven't seen the autistic freak post lately.
>>
>>8910488
Dear god...
Who told her about the vpn/proxies???
It would be nice to disrupt her internet connection to slow it down though...
>>
>>8910488
If that pic is her, if it is, she should loose more weight. Alot more, yes....
>>
>>8899233
Most Western BB creams are known to be a joke among Asian beauty addicts. South Korean BB cream are meant to be more of an all-in-one product. If you want to try something new, get a few sample packs of South Korean BB cream and give them a try (and use youtube tutorials on how to apply it).
>>
>>8895773
I heard black and white coord is good to try out.
>>
>>8910532
>if that pic is her
>it's Misako
>>
>>8910742
Picture was too small to make it out, I did say if since she said she's "thin"
But misako I would never disrespect.
>sorry
>>
>>8910750
So basically the pic is so small you can't even see who it is yet that's a good enough basis for shitting on someone you have a personal vendetta against, ok
nice backpedaling though
>>
>>8910843
Vendetta? Against a troll or misako?
Misako I have nothing against but mixedrace chan...
>>
>asking for specific details on how to make an outfit
>stfu anon and be happy with what was given to you

I also
>pretended to be Asherbee like twice
>oh man the gulls wrote fucking paragraph responses
>they were so mad
>>
File: 1425719244631.png (228KB, 392x384px) Image search: [Google]
1425719244631.png
228KB, 392x384px
>See a "coord help thread"
>An anon gets help with a coord and a large part of the thread is talking about the details as to what would be ok and everyone helps out
>Think nothing of it, don't wear lolita so leave the thread

>Few weeks later
>Ita thread with that anon copying that coord to a T as OP image

I can't even
>>
>>8910462
Hi housewifeshitposterchan. You're up early.
>>
>>8911644
Oh my.
It is true though, some coord "ideas" look way better in a collage than when they're actually put into use.
I want to say so many things in coord help threads but I don't want to come off as nitpicking or upset anyone.

>>8895773
>what is the dumbest thing you've seen seagulls get mad about?
I think body types are a seriously retarded thing to get mad about.
We already know if someone is fat then they're either going to change or they won't. Yelling at them certainly seems like something that would make it worse for them on either path and would be the basis of some really fucked image issues in the future. Imo making someone feel worse about their bodies makes you a shit person.
>inb4 do u kno whar u r xD

I also roll my eyes whenever anons have that back and forth about what's not "thin" enough. Like some arbitrary number considers someone's lifestyle, height, health, and build. I roll my eyes again when people who are clearly not fat complain about being fat, or when people who are clearly fat are deluded into thinking they're the hottest gift to the planet and have the shit attitude to match.

>or what was the worst advice that /cgl/ has ever given you?
Well, back in 2011, it was a popular lolita meme to scream "CUT YOUR BANGS", because apparently the only way back then to style a wig was to do straight-cut bangs. Otherwise you were some ita who clearly just plopped a GLW wig on your head and called it a day.
I had bought a cutesy ebay wig for cheap, and someone mentioned cutting the bangs for like the umpteenth time. I had (have) a round face, so I had an inkling it wouldn't look good on me.
So I followed the advice of a gull and did it.
Came back and everyone said it made my lower face look even more round. NO SHIT!
>>
>>8895978
Okay, can someone tell me why some anons will shit themselves over smiley faces? Like, yeah ">_<" is kind of weaboo, but does it actually matter? Who cares
>>
>>8912940

It's like hazing, people have mocked emoticon usage on 4chan for at least the better part of a decade, and the newer generations ensure that they pass on the hate.

vOv
>>
File: B1YkHvQCAAAasof.jpg (13KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
B1YkHvQCAAAasof.jpg
13KB, 313x313px
>>8912940
because you have literally a million options of reaction images to use instead of a shitty three character smiley. also, board culture.
>>
>>8896054
>>8896169
>>8896172
>>8896198
>>8896225
>>>tumblr
>>
File: 1457039547741.png (256KB, 728x745px) Image search: [Google]
1457039547741.png
256KB, 728x745px
>>8912940
>image board
>not using reaction images but shitty emoticons
>>
>>8912940
See? You can have an infinite gallery of reactions
Drop your old emoticons
>>
>>8912698
Hush. Your logic has no place here, this is cgl. Land of salt.
>>
File: 1453022951144.jpg (24KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453022951144.jpg
24KB, 250x250px
>>8912940
>2016
>not knowing how shibboleths work
>>
File: 1434893373123.png (141KB, 471x400px) Image search: [Google]
1434893373123.png
141KB, 471x400px
>>8912940
>2016
>not valuing the nuances of expression and mannerisms that help define a communal identity
>not lurking moar to immersively master, and then play games with, the language of the place

wew lass
>>
>>8898361
calling a petticoat a petty gets me the most
>>
why we just dont call lolita "rorita" when tagging photos is beyond me
>>
>>8910539
Where can I get samples?
>>
>>8910539
Korean BB cream breaks me out, so it's not worth the cost of shipping. Additionally, it's not worth the cost to just buy foundation and US BB Cream and use them together to work.
>>
Without a doubt the worst shit on this board is the occasional pro-ana.
>>
>>8916844
occasional? According to this board if you're not a twig you're about to keel over from heart disease.
>inb4 fatty detected
>>
>>8916855
I remember following some drama on reddit when they were purging their fat-hate subreddits. Most of the vocal fat haters ended up being fat and getting cast out by their peers (who were also probably fat). I think the problem with cgl is there are a ton of self hating fatties here.
>>
>>8898385
>you can't draw on (good) freckles because I used to be bullied for having freckles!
More like you can't draw on good freckles because they look annoyingly fake
>>
>>8895896
Reminds me of this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4mz0Wjg3m_c
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.