[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So pokemini is closing. What other avatar apps are really worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: 2016-03-03_02.29.35.jpg (144KB, 748x754px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-03_02.29.35.jpg
144KB, 748x754px
So pokemini is closing. What other avatar apps are really worth it? The Japanese version is extremely slow and line play requires your soul.
>>
>>8893229
Fuck ;_; i thought about going there.
I was on lineplay until last week they pushed the bullshit too far now with that VIP thing and they are so fucking greedy about gems and cash. Every cute game gets corrupted by developpers being greedy little shits.
At least i still have neko atsume
>>
CocoPPaPlay is nice
>>
Rip my Cutie Bunny gumballs. I just wish we could have had more time together
>>
I'm confused about the "circumstances" that they had to close. I'm going to at least try the Japanese version for a while, but I'm bummed because I was just starting to like Pokemini a lot.

I also just got back into CocoPPaPlay after not playing for a while. It seems really money hungry, almost more than Line Play, but it sounds like it's not uncommon to find players who say "free player" in their bio and admit to never buying their paid currency. The items aren't as cute imo (I'm a lolita so I like cutesy) but there are a lot of fun events often.

Line Play kind of annoyed me with their new VIP thing. Fuck you I've played for 3-4 years and I'm not a VIP?? But the designs are my favorite and some of my lolita friends play too so I like seeing their rooms and outfits. Also I'm addicted to the Fruit Monsters game.

If anyone has questions about these games let me know. Like how they compare or anything.
>>
Moe Can Change is super fun, aside from being male-orientated
>>
The last thread had a bunch of games with husbandos, I think one of them was called Animal Husband or something, but I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out how to download foreign apps. Any easy-to-understand tutorials?
>>
>>8893229
I started playing it when it was mentioned in the previous thread but it was pretty bland and tedious.
I don't put any money into these so if a game doesn't have some kind of secondary currency which you earn ingame then it's going to go downhill fast. Moe Can Change has that which I played about a year ago but it wasted my battery by keeping up with everything.

>>8893255
You could try emailing them to see if they would explain. I remember TinierMe closed because of the gambling aspect but that's such a huge thing with apps nowadays so it might just be a regional thing since they're focusing on the JP app.
>>
>>8893274
Animal Boyfriend. You can check the archive to refer to the old thread. It's in English so you don't need any tutorials.
>>
>>8893274
I think if you add someone's code you and them both get free stuff so here's mine
>>
>>8893229
lineplay is jewing super hard so I wouldn't recommend that one at all either. It frustrates me that I've had my account for years and yet they've done nothing for me to show for it except ask me for irl money constantly. I honestly feel that when a game has to introduce an in-game paid-only currency then it's really starting to go downhill, especially when the gachas can cost ~$3-5 usd. No one wants to shell out hundreds of dollars to your phone app so that they can roll gacha repeats, lineplay. Unless they're ten year olds with mommy's credit card.

Cocoppa play isn't too much better since it requires an absurd amount of in game currency to do anything or you have to shell out irl money. At least it's cute though.

Can't wait for the next cure avatar app to show its face, the current iteration sucks and symbolizes everything that sucks about the app market--things that are cute in concept but jew as fuck in execution.
>>
>>8893580
Lots of people want to do exactly that actually. People can spend hundreds or even thousands depending on the game. Since Line Play is pretty much just dressing up it's not that extreme but gacha in other games where the rolls matter really gets people spending. Most games are created to make money so they're going to start out with a paid currency. You'll be better of with something like Style Boutique because apps are easy money and the developer is crazy if they're not going to milk it.
>>
Honestly, they could've announced it earlier at least. The very day it happens? Not cool, Cocone.
>>
i started playing this game when someone first mentioned it in the last app thread (so not long ago), and i was getting really into it, i thought the art was cuter and it was more fun than line play. fuck you anon for having me like this game just in time for it to shut down
>>
>>8893662
Yeah me and my girlfriend did the exact same thing. I was really enjoying the game!!
>>
File: wWpCJvd.gif (621KB, 500x237px) Image search: [Google]
wWpCJvd.gif
621KB, 500x237px
>>8893662
>>8893671
It was me, I'm sorry about it... didn't knew it will shut down

>My kokoro is brokoro
>>
Pokemini was a very tough rival to LinePlay, because they weren't so avid about money and was a lot funnier.

That's why LinePlay payed a very good amount of money to Pokemini, better not having so much rivals in the english-speaking market
>>
>>8893687
Really? Is there a source on that? I'd be interested...
>>
>
>>8893687
Source???
>>
>>8893256
Would strongly recommend moving to Dream Girlfriend. I can definitely feel them starting to abandon MCC while Dream Girlfriend is constantly updated and has much higher quality art and more free gacha pulls. I didn't care for it initially but after giving it a couple weeks and I got used to the new UI, it's been much more rewarding and fun.

Anyone who likes to dress up cute anime girls and be able to interact a bit with them should play Dream Girlfriend.
>>
I have been playing on LinePlay since 4 fucking years and all they do now is jewing more and more. Seriously when the cash thing was introduced i know it was going to go to shit but it was still pretty fine but now that VIP thing? I read about it then imediatly uninstalled the game. I was sad to leave because this game is adorable and i loved the rooms and fruit monster but fuck no.
A...at least i have neko atsume but its really not as fun.
>>
need seagulls to make a game

dress up game, of all fashions

sales will happen at random times for limited amount dresses that are in high demand. months later we will rerelease the dresses and fuck the market up. You get points for commenting in threads that will get you deals on dresses and shit

we could have different artists draw dresses and stuff

cmon anons
>>
>>8894126
You do realize you're the equivalent of "the ideas guy" on game dev threads, right?
>>
>>8894127
I thought it was a kinda tongue in cheek joke about the nature of the Lolita market.
>>
>>8893255 here

I spent some time with Pokecolo last night. My Japanese reading comprehension isn't amazing, but I've used multiple Japanese apps in the past and I usually can fumble along. For whatever reason Pokecolo has been difficult for me to work out and I had to turn to Google Translate's photo translate to figure out things.

First of all, the items in Pokecolo are infinitely cuter than Pokemini. They have a Marie Antoinette themed gatcha, so I'm sold. The layout and menus are different, but the way the game works is similar. Cooking works differently and quests work completely differently. It's also a lot easier to get donuts (currency) and you're given at least 10 gatcha tickets pretty fast. Apps in Japan are much more strict about not tricking kids into buying in-game things, so it's not as in your face as Line Play or CocoPPaPlay.

Here's my Pokecolo code, please feel free to add me: ix9pp

Also, I'm curious if Pokemini will still be up to play with or if they're going to remove the service entirely?
>>
>>8893458
I figured out how to install it (the problem was that it's incompatible with my phone, according to Play store), and used that code. No idea if you saw anything pop up!

I'm really glad I stopped playing Pokemini like a few days ago.
>>
My Reccomended apps to /cgl/ would be

>Animal boyfriend
Cute anime boys. a bitch to finally give them the personalities you want but worth it. every time there's a new gatcha for clothes the first play is free

>LinePlay
I play for the games included in lineplay, and the dressup is just a bonus. I'm not interested in most the gatcha anyway. if you play like this you can hoard gems easily.

>Mandrake Girls
plant growing idle game. instead of plants you grow cute girls

>Nikki up2u 2
PLAY THIS GAME
if you like dressup games, this is the game for you. so many clothes to choose from, you're given a scenario and you have to dress apropriately. the only negative to this game would be figuring out the login- but start with a trial id and you're good to go. 9/10 would reccomend to everyone

>Wish app
Pocket taobao. most items are $1 with $1 shipping.
like all chinese stores, read the reviews before purchasing ANYTHING.

>CocoPPa
customize your phone with cute icons.

>Mischeif to couple
Japanese evolution game. pretty much /r9k/ the game. cracks me the hell up. if you're into that kind of humour you'll love it.
you play as a 30 year old KV wizard who uses his wizard powers to make other couples suffer.

>Line
superior to kik in every way. great for internet friends. has a desktop client too, which is so good i dont even use skype anymore (unless im talking to people who don't have Line)
>>
Tumblr that posts translations/guides for pokecolo:
http://pokecolo.tumblr.com/
>>
>>8894127
T. Retard
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-04-11-55-08.png (733KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-04-11-55-08.png
733KB, 720x1280px
>>8894914
>mischief to couple
Thank you anon, this is hilarious
>>
>>8894914
i'll be getting a new phone soon, so i am definitely going to try out all of these apps. thanks anon!
>>
>>8894914
I have the first Nikki up2u, and holy crap is it fun! It's about the only cute game you can find free for Kindle Fire. :P
>>
>>8893244
its really, really cute but basically impossible to look nice without spending shit tons of money
>>8893979
been playing that long as well, back in the day you could get free gems really easy, no cash bullshit. it happens with everything.. gave up a while ago because its just too much of a cash cow now. reminds me of what transformice has become
>>
>>8894897
yeah, i got something. nothing popped up I just had to go to the friend gacha. i hope you got something as well.
>>
Any good second hand app that sells kawaii shit in europe?
Depop is terrible.
>>
>>8894914
>Nikki up2u
I want to like this game but I accidentally tapped the Lyft app when I first downloaded it and now I literally can't even start the game without it redirecting me to the Lyft page in the App Store.
>>
>>8896936
uninstall, try again
>>
>>8897007
already tried that
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-05-19-28-59.png (668KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-05-19-28-59.png
668KB, 720x1280px
Who /fairydoll/ here?
>>
>>8897012
is it nikki up2u or nikki up2u 2?

the first game had a lot of problems and I had that problem with it.
>>
Anyone got any recs for games that don't have a romance/life story element?
>>
>>8897070
I know some idle games/ evolution games

Japanese evolution games are a riot.

I recently got my boyfriend hooked on potion maker.

if you give me a better idea of what you're looking for I could perhaps recommend something better suited to you.
>>
>>8893229
Unison League has some mega cute clothes but it's all luck based

And there's always Gaia....
>>
Is it just me or had LinePlay, been giving more double items in their gacha?

I played 4x for the new nurse gacha and i got the same 2 items twice! W T F
>>
>>8897249
what is potion maker exactly? It seems pretty cute and nice to play

Also is there any lesbian cute games? ;_; I hate that there are only otome games with boys boys and more boys
>>
>>8897566
>;_;
faggot
>>
>>8897566
You make potions while looking at the cute witch saying badly translated stuff. You can unlock more clothes to her. Tap her and she reacts a lil' bit.
It's fun.
>>
>>8897782
Aw nice! Will download then. Thank you anon.
>>
>>8893229
It's not exactly an avatar game, but Dream Girlfriend is basically an outfit collecting game! You get a whole bunch of outfits without paying anything. It's also just super cute!
>>
>>8901549
Also if you sign up, please use my friend code 042737271827! We should both get something.
>>
i recently upgraded from 8gb to 64gb so now i have tons of space. does anyone have cute app recs?
>>
>>8901609
a bunch of recommendations have been posted in this thread,
>>
Anyone have any experience with 'New Alice's Mad Tea party' it keeps getting recommended to me, it looks like a farmville type game.
>>
File: a4.png (2MB, 1080x1480px) Image search: [Google]
a4.png
2MB, 1080x1480px
>>8897042
how about moe can change?
>>
File: moominvalley.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
moominvalley.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>8902091
I've tried New Alice's Mad Tea Party. It's shit, you have to pay if you want any cute decorations whatsoever. Same goes for the publisher's Peter Rabbit game, which is really disappointing cause the graphics are perfect.

Their Moomin -Welcome to Moomin valley- is slightly better though since it lets you earn a bit of the special currency. Here's a screenshot of my game.
>>
>>8894914
>Wish app
But we need a shopping service right?
>>
Tiny farm is suuuch a cute game! I love Pasta is also super cute and custumizating characters are always fun!
>>
>>8905720
No. It's basically like buying from Chinese sellers off eBay.

I've used it for about 4 months now, so far only had 1 item that never showed, but Wish refunded me right away.
>>
>>8906304
what'd you get?
>>
>>8906304
Oh shit. That's cool. Thanks for the recommendation, anon.
>>
>>8911207
I play a shit ton of phone apps, the least I could do is recommend a few
>>
there's also a taobao app if you guys really want a pocket taobao. Pair it with the google translate app (you can translate from a screenshot) and you can navigate it well enough.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.