[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay Commissions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 68

File: someonewithtalentorskill.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
someonewithtalentorskill.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
Post here if you take commissions or want to request a commission.
If taking requests, post a couple examples of your work.
If requesting, post your measurements and a reference picture of your request.
>>
File: 250px-Platinum_Dawn.png (81KB, 250x393px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Platinum_Dawn.png
81KB, 250x393px
Height: 155cm
Bust: 83cm
Waist: 69cm
Hip: 85cm
Foot Length:23.5cm
Foot Width: 9.3cm

I'd like to have the bag and wig too.
Money isn't a big deal.
>>
>>8887906
>>8887915
>2 replies, 1 unique poster
>Not posting in the BST thread >>8849295

You are not special.
>>
>>8887939
Not the Anon posting, but commissions are very different from buying and selling (plus that thread is mostly about lolita with little cosplay posts). This seems like a good thread too, i plan on getting a commission for a difficult cosplay and I think I'm going to post in this thread later
>>
I would like to start taking commisions but I don't know how to anounce it or when it's the right time to start so it doesn't end like an epic fail
>>
Interesting thread, op, but I don't know if many if the /cgl/s here commission much.
>>
>>8887915
>no contact information
>no deadline
>unlimited budget
>>
>>8887999
I've been thinking of commissioning someone too. If what you say is true we can at least discuss our experiences with other commissioners/give recommendations maybe?
>>
>>8887939
are you stupid or just upset today
>>
File: gnar.jpg (930KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
gnar.jpg
930KB, 1936x1936px
>>8887906
How hard is it to find someone who makes simple kigu's???
I was quoted $1200. WTF Coscom. went to shit.
For a Dino and a pokemon onesie.
>picture related of kigu
>>
File: puppycat.jpg (92KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
puppycat.jpg
92KB, 525x700px
I take a few sewing commissions. Email for a link to my portfolio.
>>
File: Pages-3.png (248KB, 349x457px) Image search: [Google]
Pages-3.png
248KB, 349x457px
I'd love to commission someone for a Nevy cosplay. I've made my own, but I really love her character so I'd love to get someone a little more skilled to make it as close to perfect as I can.
Measurements are 35-28-40, height is 5'5", budget would preferably be under $200, but it depends on what's included,and the price is negotiable since her design is a little hard to make. No specific deadline.
>>
>>8887915
I can do it for $700
>>
>>8888561
>$200 for a custom bodysuit, horns, and ultra long wig
Pls go
>>
>>8888574
Sorry, should have specified but I forgot- only looking for the blue parts of her costume. I can do the rest myself
>>
>>8888035
>tfw only person who takes commissions for good kigus is chubs
>as /cgl/ has learned, never ordered from chubs

uh.. anyone else do kigu commissions?
>>
File: CcLvlptXEAAzM2c.jpg (52KB, 599x264px) Image search: [Google]
CcLvlptXEAAzM2c.jpg
52KB, 599x264px
I take commissions! I'm actually looking for customers right now lol. my fb is Rue The Day Cosplay, email is [email protected], and have a shitty banner of some costumes.
>>
File: SerasVictoriaultimate.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
SerasVictoriaultimate.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
Does anyone know if a pattern commission sounds feasible? I want to cosplay Seras Victoria, and I'm pretty good at sewing, but not so good at drafting patterns, and the collar on her uniform scares me.
>>
>>8888615
You could always commission someone for a mockup of the jacket out of muslin using basting stitches. That way they can send it to you and you can take it apart to use that for your pattern.
>>
>>8888615
Most commissioners don't do pattern commissions because it's a substantial amount of work and not how most of us construct garments. When you know what you're doing you don't make a fully finished pattern someone else could use. Doing so would take longer than just making the article because you really have to make a draft or multiple drafts to have a fully finished, intelligible-to-someone-else pattern. Better to either ask for help or just get it commissioned.
>>
Nano from nichijou's screw.
it HAS to move.

There is a tutorial for it online
http://yourheadcanon.tumblr.com/post/93934476422/the-parts-of-my-nano-shinonome-key
not to mention that I did contact an electrician who knows how to make it for about $70 (but chose to not make the prop because it wasnt in his interest) and I could give you his cleaner, more precise directions.

I'd do it myself but I dont have the tools or knowledge.

email is at yahoo.

>budget: around $300 but flexible according to the quality of work
>deadline: June, and it has to be to me before July at the VERY latest

I'm ALSO looking for a kigu of sakamoto san.

>budget: (unsure, but flexible once again) around $250 or so
>size: fat
>deadline, June (has to be to me before july
>>
>>8888615
That doesn;t look too bad anon. It actually looks kind of like a normal collar on a shirt that's turned up, but then with an extra piece of fabric buttoned to the front. the two bits going to the side could just be part of the front buttoned on part. I bet you can do it if you're good at sewing
>>
>>8888615
Use a mandarin collar pattern with a square placket in the front that snaps/buttons on, JFC it's not that difficult.
>>
>>8888591
Checking the kigurumi tag on tumblr or furaffinity might be your best bet.
I commissioned Lemonbrat Customs for a Neopets kigu around Christmas and it's lovely but I paid a lot for it ($600 + paw gloves, also told them to go pretty much all out). I'm sure you could find something cheaper from independent artists. I don't know if Chubs even takes commissions any more after that trouble she had last year delivering on a few commissions. I wouldn't bother with her unless she started making some serious update posts showing her working on stuff in a timely fashion.
>>
bump (page 6)
>>
>>8889160
How is the quality of the kigu? I am considering getting one.
>>
I'm looking to commission someone for Princess Peach's motosuit outfit. I'm confident I could style the wig and make accessories like the crown but the bodysuit is so daunting to a beginner seamstress like me.
My measurements are 32-26- 35 and I'm very open to communicating about pricing.
>>
>>8888591
wait sauce? what's up with chubs? i'm looking for a kigu commission as well
>>
>>8889834
Just look up chubs in the cgl archive anon.
>>
>>8889767
I really love it. You could likely get something a bit cheaper if you shop around but it also depends on people's queues and how long you might be willing to wait etc.
Anyway the quality feels great and it was really well fitted. I put a couple photos on my tumblr if you wanted to look.
http://why-didnt-they-just.tumblr.com/post/139314942380/

There seemed to be a fair bit of flexibility on construction options too, depending on your budget.
>>
>>8889829
>almost exactly my measurements
>I've made Bikersuit Daisy before

If I didn't live in scandinavia i would've taken up on your offer here, but shipping and materials are crazy expensive here
>>
File: Lanzatintas_novato.png (48KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Lanzatintas_novato.png
48KB, 220x220px
Looking for commssion on Splatershot Jr. Really looking for it to be too scale so should be about 18" long, 4" wide or so. I can only post one photo but need a commssion for the matching ink canister. I'd like to request to see previous work.
Deadline: May 20th in time for Anime North
Price: negotiable, around $150
>>
>>8888615
>It's another seras with no tits
>>
hey guys, would it be unreasonable to commission someone to embroider an already existing garment? I'd love some symbols embroidered on a white mage robe. I haven't bought the robe yet, but should I just commission instead for someone to make the whole thing? do you think most people would prefer to be sent an existing garment or instead make their own so they know the material is ideal?
>>
>>8891741
If the robe is lined, it has to be taken apart to embroider on it.
>>
how much do y'all think it would cost to commission a fire emblem female robin cosplay?

NOT including the sword or wig, just the main outfit itself, including accessories.

i want to commission this because

1) i can't sew

& 2) i saw a photo of 5 different robin cosplayers, and all of their jackets were the same shitty online ordered ones with the wrinkled gold wrists and everything.

my measurements are 35/28/35, and i have all the time in the world for it to be completed so i'm hoping it will be a little cheaper given there's no time frame!

thanks for those that respond!
>>
>>8892173
oh, alright, thanks! I'll just commission someone for the whole thing, then.
>>
>>8892844
$1000+ if you want it done well and accurately with all pieces.
>>
pls let me commission you I have $2,000 set aside for cosplay just accept
>>
>>8893548
Having any idea of what you're looking to commission and some way to contact to you would be helpful if you're actually looking for someone to make something for you.
>>
File: 76a274045fd6e9b9a0c54c52bcf5c36f.jpg (463KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
76a274045fd6e9b9a0c54c52bcf5c36f.jpg
463KB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone here make skin-tight one pieces?

There's a couple characters I would like to cosplay and they both wear tight one pieces
>>
>>8893683
but anon
>already posted in this thread
>already posted in the cosplay commissions group on facebook
>already asked the local cosplayers

I don't know what to do at this point
>>
>>8893722
I'm
btw
>>
>>8893724
Are you dense? Anon told you to describe what you want made and how to email you. Crying that you posted in "so many places" doesn't magically change any of that missing information. How can you not possibly see that describing your desired commission item is critical for anyone taking you on as a client? How does your commissioner know if you're looking for a suit of armor, a silk gown, or a matching set of 20 idol outfits?
>>
File: 1414030332815.jpg (27KB, 350x346px) Image search: [Google]
1414030332815.jpg
27KB, 350x346px
>>8893767
>"are you dense"
>I posted commission info, budget, and contact info in this thread already

sounds like someone misunderstood my post.
>>
>>8893773
Maybe if you add a location you might get some hits?
>>
>>8893773
So you're willing to spend $2000 on a spandex Princess Peach jumpsuit?
>>
>>8893773
there are several who have posted their commission info, with budget, so we can't really tell which one is you
>>
>>8893789
that's the point anon. I'm salty. I've been trying to find someone for months.

>>8893775
Maybe, but I'm willing to pay out the ass for shipping just to finally get it.
>>
>>8893791
but which one is you? Is it the Dawn, Biker Peach or Nevy?
>>
>>8893767
>matching set of 20 idol outfits
Why did I read that as dildo..
>>
>>8893857
I'm amazed this is taking so long. All it needed is a simple "oh I'm post xxxxxxx." it almost makes you not even want to take her commission if this is a sign of things to come.
>>
>>8893887
Either anon is doing some low level trolling and pulling our legs, or she's got some reason reading comprehension issues. Which yeah, is a big red flag that nobody should ever take her $2000 mystery commission.

>>8893791
Maybe the reason you can't ever find anyone is that you aren't posting ALL of the necessary info in one post (budget, subject matter, contact info, need by date). Three exchanges later and you still haven't actually told us which commissionee you are other that "tee hee I posted sooo~mmmeeewhere in the thread, now it's up to you to find me if you want my sweet moneyyyyy~~~!"
>>
>>8893887
As a commissioner, it's a big red flag to me. I wouldn't want to take an order from this person, and I want to know who it is in case they find me somewhere and contact me.
>>
>>8893898

I'm willing to bet she's the person who started this thread, aka the Dawn cosplay for whom "money isn't an issue." Someone already gave her a price quote too, which she ignored AND someone told her she needed to post her deadline and contact info. This person sounds like a treat to work with.
>>
Would anyone here be able and willing to do 4 sets of the yuru yuri uniforms?
>>
>>8893023
lol, i can understand like $500-$700, but you're out of your fucking mind. you'd better be a goddamn goddess at sewing, and i don't expect anything less.

i'm also literally allowing a whole year for this to be made if it means it's cheaper, there's no fucking way i'm paying $1000 lmao
>>
File: 1455263841122.gif (334KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1455263841122.gif
334KB, 200x200px
>>8894178
The fact that you're willing to allow a whole year means you're aware that it's going to take a while. Stop being a dick and make it yourself if you're not willing to pay for someones time.
>>
>>8893874
brain fart
>>
>>8894178

You have no idea how to sew or how many hours goes into a project like that or how much good quality materials would cost, and you think that price is outrageous? Get the fuck out. A professional tailor would charge you much more than $1000 for that. Go ahead and find someone willing to do that whole costume for $500 and see what you end up getting. Then post pictures so the rest of us can enjoy it and laugh at you.
>>
>>8889160
Am I the only one who thinks Lemonbrat is overpriced? Like goddamn those prices are ridiculous IMO.
>>
>>8894240
Oh, and to clarify, I was not personally offering to make it for you for $1000. I'm booked up, and that is not what I'd personally charge. That is what you can expect to be quoted from people skilled enough to do that work well.
>>
>>8894178
I'm getting married soon and most wedding dress alterations (hemming and fitting) are $300-$500, and that's just for altering something that already has all the fabric bought and the majority of the work done. Welcome to the trade.
>>
How much is a reasonable estimate for thigh high boot covers? One of my future cosplays has 2 tone thigh high boots and I wanted to commission them instead of making them myself. Is $150-200 reasonable or too low?
>>
>>8894254
Depends on what material and style but I charge around that for leather.
>>
>>8894248
That's partly because alterations on complex, structured article like wedding gowns are very time consuming (you have to take it apart before you can then recut and sew it back up, and all of those steps take time) and there's tons of hemming, and partly because of business cost overhead and profit. A business pays the employee seamstress $15/hour and charges the client $50. A hobby commissioner can price lower per hour because they don't have office expenses, but they're still going to put a price on their time and constructing a quality one-off custom garment from scratch is very time consuming (and expensive; the last costume I made had about $200 in fabrics and materials, and it's not really fancy looking.)
>>
I've never tried to get a commission, but this is a pretty niche request-- I'm looking for somebody who could make a working harp/lyre like the one in pic related. I could probably do it myself if I just wanted a prop, but I'd really like for it to actually be able to be played.

Anybody know somebody who could do something like that?
>>
File: yuruyuri1.jpg (473KB, 940x944px) Image search: [Google]
yuruyuri1.jpg
473KB, 940x944px
>>8894023
I'd be somewhat interested. What are your budget and deadline?
Small word of advice: The red underdress part of the uniform is essentially maternity wear. It doesn't quite work out in real life like it does in anime/manga.
>>
>>8894178

this anon >>8894240 is right, it costs a lot to order custom cosplay pieces.
If you want high quality fabrics, that alone would cost 100-200$ . Just the jacket would probably take a good 50+ hours to pattern and make, and that is just for the jacket. If I take a LOW salary of 10$ an hour , the jacket alone would a minimum of 500$, add the pants and accessories another 200$ in hours. The bracers and belts would be harder to make since they are leather/faux leather, so there's probably another 100-200$ for those pieces. And that under-jacket has some crazy patterning going on, so that one is probably a bit trycky to make, so another 200$ in hours

Total: 1100-1300$, so no that is not a crazy amount to ask for a cosplay of this difficulty
>>
>>8894241
I mean if furries are willing to pay $100+ for a non-custom sleeveless hoodie made of fleece that pills after a few wears, why not price it that high? I do kigu commissions sometimes, and I'm honestly so jealous and so salty. Those hoodies are ugly as fuck and sell so well
>>
>>8894281
Not every seamstress goes through some kind of company. There are plenty of women who do alterations on their own and don't shaft you too bad. The woman who altered my prom dress just did it out of her house.
>>
>>8894298
preferably by Anime Expo, but if it takes longer, it is ok. As for budget, could possibly give me a rough estimate of the cost per outfit, if you were to decide to pick this up.
>>
>>8894303
True, true. But still. Goddamn.
>>
>>8894178
Have you ever had anything commissioned before or worked with any fabric at all? Fabric itself is expensive, especially cotton and good quality materials. There also seems to be leather thrown in and that isn't cheap at all. This costume is not easy and has a good bit of details and layers. 1000$+ isn't hard to achieve and this isn't even including a prop.
>>
>>8894286
It's insanely difficult to get an acoustic instrument to sound nicely and on key when it's made of a non-traditional shape and material. It's basically undoable for a price <$1000
>>
>>8894346
I wasn't necessarily concerned for the price, I was only wondering if there was anybody or any place people knew of that would make something like that. (Although, I wouldn't want/need "professional" quality, just something that would make simple sounds.)

I do know next to nothing about instruments or how they're made, so it's nice to have some input into exactly what I'm looking for, however. (Although, if it's too difficult, I'd just settle for an unplayable wooden prop.)
>>
>>8894311
Certainly; I do my sewing work out of my own home, too. But $300-$500 range is generally what you pay if you go to a professional alterations shop, which is why I mentioned it. My wedding gown alterations were $500 at a shop, and even as someone who has worked as a professional tailor before I preferred to pay someone else to do it. That was a fair shop price for the work it needed, and given the extent of the work, the importance, and the price of the gown, I was also willing to pay that for the security of going to established business with a storefront versus someone who worked out of their home.
>>
>>8893894
The thing is, I posted all of that. If someone was interested, they'd have contacted me already. Its not unreasonable that id be a bit upset that I've found no one despite posting all the right information across many sites. And it's also not unreasonable that I won't clarify which post is mine when people are jumping down my throat for expressing so.
>>
Any recs for a jedi robe commission? I figure I'd ask here for leads first before trying to sort through all the Star Wars costuming resources.
>>
>>8894641
Check the 501st. Tons of resources and commissioners.
>>
>>8894315
bodyline has them tho
>>
>>8894486
>STILL NOT TELLING US WHICH COMMISSION POST IS YOU

Is this a joke? Are you brain damaged?
>>
>>8894486
People are only "jumping down your throat" because you only gave little hints as to which post was yours while simultaneously pulling the "poor me" card. It's very childish behavior that makes people not want to take you on as a client.

Here's an idea: why don't you find a cosplayer with open commissions and submit a flipping quote request? This is the way most people get their commissions made, not by barfing details onto various forums and waiting for commissioners to come to them.
>>
>>8895029
Money isn't a big deal.
>>
>>8894835
I can not find them there.
>>
Im not even someone who is doing commissions, and reading this vague fuck posting made me feel physical pain.

A person like that is a NO GO. No way i would do any kind of work for someone like that, its trouble guaranteed, and most likely you will just lose money doing any work for someone like that.
>>
>>8895050
http://bodyline.jp/en/costume609.html
>>
>>8895059
Thank you so much anon~ you wouldn't happen to know about the quality of their cosplay, would you?
>>
File: 98.jpg (243KB, 1087x1620px) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
243KB, 1087x1620px
How much would you guys charge for this character, no boots or weapon, just clothes?
>>
>>8895163
Good for the price. It's something I would buy myself.
>>
>>8894641
The Rebel Legion are where the Jedi go to so they would know
>>
>>8894486
What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>8894486
>If someone was interested, they'd have contacted me already
HOW?
>>
File: 342.png (9KB, 235x236px) Image search: [Google]
342.png
9KB, 235x236px
>>8894486
>>8895043
>>
>>8895043
>"Money isn't a big deal."

From the Dawn post upthread:
>"Money isn't a big deal."

Found you, Dawn-chan. Good luck on ever getting anyone here to agree to your commission.
>>
File: Littlegray.png (587KB, 1079x605px) Image search: [Google]
Littlegray.png
587KB, 1079x605px
I need someone to make a sock monkey that looks like drebins monkey from mgs4.

Must only be 2 1/2 feet in length

DIAPER MUST ME REFLECTIVE PLEATHER or something similar

Deadline is 1 month before Anime expo

50$ after S&H
>>
File: 279652-gray_large.jpg (12KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
279652-gray_large.jpg
12KB, 300x426px
>>8895301
>>
>>8895301
>50$ after S&H
yeah good luck with that
>>
>>8895197
Ballpark $325-350 from me, using what I consider to be character-appropriate materials (linens and "rustic" cloths.) Based on some of the prices I've seen floating around, there are probably commissioners who would do it for around $200.
>>
>>8895311

I'll buy a sock monkey and then you just modify it.

Rearrange the face , put a tail on it, and get it in a diaper.

Bam
>>
>>8895330
There's a lot more fucking work in that than I think you realize, man.
Just put a leather diaper on a normal sock monkey.
>>
>>8895330
Do it yourself if you think it's so easy.
>>
>>8888591
who?
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (92KB, 1000x833px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
92KB, 1000x833px
>>8895357
>>8895389
It's relatively easy for someone with adept experience and the proper tools and materials.

I'm not paying someone more than 50$ for a custom sock monkey.

Best I could do is 60$ or an AX pass.
>>
People like Dawn-chan are the reason our horror story threads exist. Nothing good is going to come from taking on that commission.
>>
>make thread
>make first post in thread
>forget about thread
>see it on front page just now
>look at it

Jesus Christ what the hell happened here
>>
>>8895043
Well thanks a lot you fucking cunt, why the fuck couldn't you just say which post is you ffs? It's a fuckign anonymous image board.
How the fuck am I supposed to fucking get a commission done now? I dropped the fuckign email on my post, and you fucking impersonate me? The fuck? Did you even post in this thread to begin with?
God damn, fuck this board
>>
>>8895813
Insults, low balling, and assholery are definitely how you find someone to take your commission. Do it yourself since you know so much more than people who actually sew.
>>
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ECharms123

I make jewelry and can do basic-modern lvl.I have cheap rates!My etsy also have my fb page!
>>
File: Capitalism,_ho!.png (162KB, 482x600px) Image search: [Google]
Capitalism,_ho!.png
162KB, 482x600px
>>8895962

Don't give me that bullshit.

1. Most of you aren't professional tailors. You are mostly ametuers and novices, and while some of you maybe talented and could surely be professionals in the future, taking commissions on 4chan isn't exactly indicative of professional work. See professional work = professional pay. Ametuer work = ametuer pay.

2. It's a sock monkey. It's not a dress, or a weapon you need to make from scratch, or an entire cosplay. It's a sock monkey which I will pay for. all you must do is make the face look more like drebins monkey, put some silver panties on it, and maybe give it a tail if it does not have one already (also maybe some little flat feet.) I am not asking you to recreate the Monalisa.

It will probably take 3 hours at the most, FOR A MODERATELY SKILLED craftsperson to complete, provided they have all materials and tools on hand

>BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT, YOU DON'T EVEN SEW, WAH , MUH HIDDEN WORK THAT I CAN'T EXPLAIN AT ALL

While i do not have the time, skill, or desire to learn the skill, I am not a fucking idiot, and can use reasoning and visualization, to see exactly how hard this would be.

Same way I don't pay for 100$ for an oil change and don't wait for a day for them to do it.

>BUT YOU'RE NOT A MECHANIC

Same way I don't buy a 30$ burger and wait 5 hours for it

>YOU'RE NOT A COOK

KNOW YOUR WORTH.

I offer 60$ or an Anime expo pass for some light work on a fucking sock monkey. S&H will be covered, as well as the cost for the sock monkey. Not bad for 3 hours of work, that's 20$ an hour.
>>
>>8895924
I think we're way past the point of pretending there are impersonations. The thread has been going for a solid five days and you had plenty of time to respond to people
>>
this thread needs to be euthanized. What a shitshow
>>
File: 1455003565203.jpg (102KB, 835x650px) Image search: [Google]
1455003565203.jpg
102KB, 835x650px
>>8896019
No, it's too good.
>>
File: 1430622108744.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1430622108744.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>8896005
>>8895813
>>8895301
See you at AX
>>
File: wjtteb5.png (123KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
wjtteb5.png
123KB, 500x280px
>>8896046

I hope you do. I'll be cosplaying as drebin and will have a mini stryker and a fucking sock monkey.
>>
>>8896005
Just stop posting at this point. You're being too much of an ass in this thread for anyone to even want to take your commission. Just go to Facebook groups and post there, hopefully with a better attitude
>>
>>8896065
i swear to god you have to hold someone at gunpoint for them to take your money and make something for you
>>
okay, who is worse: monkey guy or won't tell you what she wants girl?
>>
File: SuperSomberSnail.png (136KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
SuperSomberSnail.png
136KB, 750x750px
>>8896005
Kids nowdays man.... buying a sock monkey and modifying it or buying leather panty is almost 50 bucks. Do you even listen to yourself. Dear god you sound like those autism from tumblr. Geee I am sailing out.
>>
>>8894272
How much would be reasonable for stretch fabric? And by leather do you mean genuine or imitation? Sorry I'm really new to commissioning since I usually make my own costumes or buy premade ones.
>>
File: image_5.jpg (577KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
577KB, 800x900px
>>8896005
You cheap bastard no wonder no one likes you.
>>
>>8896005
As an experienced sewer, you're pretty much right.
>>
>>8896255
Do you call yourself a sewer because everything you make is complete shit?
>>
File: 598269365.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
598269365.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>8896271
Look at all this hate
>>
>>8896005
Your $60 isn't purely going into labor you idiot. Reflective pleather ALONE is going to run 20-30 bucks a yard, and most online places will require a yard minimum. Then if you need to make the tail and feet, you need to buy the fabric for that which is going to be another 10-15 a yard. Not including the little pieces for the face and stuffing. Youre basically insulting everyone because they won't make your damn monkey for a $10-$20 profit. Use your brain instead of pretending like you know more than people who actually take on commissions.
>>
>>8896380
>provided they have all materials and tools on hand
>>
>>8896382
Good luck finding anyone who keeps rolls of reflective silver pleather and sock monkey knit fabric (does this even exist?) on hand. You have no idea how unusual these fabrics are, and even if you miraculously do find someone with them, you still need to pay for those materials, they weren't free.
>>
>>8896384
>sock monkey knit fabric
>sock monkey
>sock

ya seem to be having a bit of the dumbs anon
>>
File: sockmonkey.jpg (14KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
sockmonkey.jpg
14KB, 260x260px
>>8896389
Ya seem to be having a lot of the dumbs if you think that any old $2 sock is going to match the specific knit material a sock monkey is made out of (and let's ignore that different sock monkeys are different colors). Just because the word "sock" is in the title doesn't mean I can roll my ass down to Walmart and grab the nearest thing, I'm going to have to search for a fabric pattern that matches, get ridiculously lucky and somehow find a matching sock, or buy another sock monkey and rip it apart for the materials.

So you have a backup plan for AX yet? Because the odds of you getting this thing don't seem to be going so hot.
>>
>>8896389
So.... you want your commissioner to just rip up one of their own socks so that you don't have to pay for materials? Is that right?
>>
>>8896220
I don't use imitation. Usually imitation is pleather or vinyl. I'm not entirely sure with stretch fabric but it would be less.
>>
>>8894241
>>8894303
If I end up getting another kigu I'd definitely do some more shopping around but I was kind of worn out after having to deal with the whole Chubs thing so I was basically just saw their ad, liked the looks of some of the customs, chucked them a ref and asked if they could get it by X date and they said yeah so I went for it.

It was pretty painless but I'm doubtless it wouldn't be hard to find an independent artist with a low queue time who could make you something at least as good for less.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.149174665.jpg (245KB, 717x1000px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.149174665.jpg
245KB, 717x1000px
This is sock monkey guy here.

People sell HANDMADE sock monkeys for 25$~ on etsy. Surely, knitting a face that only uses 2 colors shouldn't be hard or expensive.

As for the panties. You can buy 8x8 silver vinyl fabric swathes from fabric*com for $1.75. Considering how skinny sock monkeys are, you will only need 2 at most.

Material should not cost more than $15 by my estimation. That's a 45$ profit or a 82.25% discount off of a 4 day anime expo pass
>>
>>8896441
I actually think it would be easier for you to ask one of those people on etsy if they can modify one they have already made
>>
>>8896012
No, I don't care, this is fuckign bullshit.
I come back, and everyone in here is acting like there's never been a commission thread before, someone is freaking out over a sock monkey, no one wants to order from a fat girl, and some fucking cunt ruined my fucking commission request.
This is fucking bullshit, what the fuck is wrong with this board? Fuck this board, this is /r9k/ with girls.
>>
File: 61o8yc8bs7L.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61o8yc8bs7L.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
>>8896447
>>
>>8896470
No, I don't fucking care, this is fucking stupid.
Now I can't even fucking start a different thread with rules like "No acting retarded, everyone," with my request with my fucking email attached to it, because everyone is going to fucking remember this.
This fucking sucks, I am allowed to be fucking angry.
>>
>>8896441
You forgot shipping cost and time to make it. Just talk to the etsy people then and do the rest yourself.
>>
>>8896447
You fucking did this to yourself. Of course everyone will remember this, you acted like an entitled brat right from the start. No one is ever going to want to work with you, and that's your fault. If you had been an adult and just answered people's questions instead of bitching about how you already posted, this never would have escalated to this point. This is an anonymous message board, dumbfuck, nobody knows which post is yours.
>>
>>8896485
Until last night, I had made one fucking post where I forgot to fucking add my email, how the fuck is that entitled?
You've never forgotten anything before? Like which field sage goes in?
>>
>>8896494
Hey, sorry people are being so rude! I'd love to take your commission! Which costume do you need made? :3
>>
>>8896525
I'm the /actual/ Dawn poster, but it really seems like a bad idea to post an email at this point.
If you're for real, post yours and I'll get right back to you.
>>
File: 1456720969946.gif (320KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1456720969946.gif
320KB, 320x180px
>>8896530
>still won't post contact info
Jesus fuckring christ...
>>
I am really sorry your thread wentbto shit OP, but fuck is this a funny thread.
>>
>>8896539
Oh yeah no, because I definitely want t oget spammed into oblivion.
also
>not being able to identify completely different typing styles

>>8896550
At least something good came of it then
>>
>>8896494
So let me get this straight.... you were desperate enough for a commission to make a new thread for it and then immediately just "forgot" to check on it for almost a week?

Sounds more like you're angry people called you out on your bullshit and are trying to pretend like this wasn't you. Even IF what you say is true, going radio silent doesn't bode well for any potential commissioner anyway.
>>
>>8896554
>desperate
What's desperate about wanting a commission?
I have no talent or skill to make a costume myself, but I have a job, so spending money isn't a big deal.
>going radio silent doesn't bode well for any potential commissioner
This I can understand, and desu I might not even have posted again when the thread came back, but I looked through and saw how fucked up it got in here.
>>
>>8896406
Thank you for the info! I'm definitely going to get them done in the near future so maybe I'll ask again if we ever have another commissions thread (which we probably won't seeing as how badly this thread went but I'll contact you somehow).
>>
>>8896441
The fact that rural grandmas with etsy accounts are willing to sell handwork for $25 does not mean that's a fair value for time and materials. People who make the same thing from the same pattern over and over and buy materials in bulk are also not at all equivalent to commissioning someone to make something for you once. The very, very obvious solution to your desires is to contact one of those grandmas and ask for a special order. Nobody cares that you have a budget. That's not a personal insult to anyone who commissions and would charge more than what you can pay. What's fucking obnoxious and entitled is acting like prices over your budget are crazy and unreasonable and you know so much more than people who actually do this as a side business or sew a lot.
>>
>>8896594
We've had commission threads forever.
>>
File: images-30.jpg (22KB, 236x411px) Image search: [Google]
images-30.jpg
22KB, 236x411px
I would love to know if someone could help me with a Purim cosu from Secret of Mana. Happy to hear quotes! I would like by November this year if possible. Would like everything pictured. If anyone is interested I can email measurements (I am about a US size 2 for reference)
>>
>>8896594
No problem just look on facebook or google for Walridercosplay.
>>
>>8896397
>>8896399
I'm not the commissioner. I know you're ready to be salty at him but I think the only thing unreasonable about his request is the pleather diaper..

>not having a shit ton of socks that can fit the sock monkey look
what did you get for christmas, things you actually wanted?
>>
>>8896441
Honestly, go to etsy. this thread is full of stuck up cunts that are overvaluing their work when they're looking for work on 4chan.
My mother makes fully customized waldorf dolls for the price you listed, alpaca hair and all, so there's no reason you shouldn't get a damn sock monkey.
>>
>>8897060
>what did you get for christmas, things you actually wanted?

Who gets heathered red heel socks for Christmas? Sock monkeys aren't made from just any random pair of socks. They cost $7-12/pair and often you have to order them online, so there's also shipping cost.
>>
>>8897062
Your mom's not a very good businesswoman. Custom waldorf dolls go for $100-$200 depending on size.
>>
>>8897062
Tell your mom to make the monkey for him, then.
>>
>>8897071
>not getting nice socks for christmas
whats it like being poor?
>>8897078
waldorf dolls are more of a hobby for her rather than focusing on making a profit. She's an amatuer and she knows it, so she sells for amatuer prices currently.
>>
File: 6-4aQ-Qp.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
6-4aQ-Qp.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>8897071

Do you see red in drebins monkey? No.

>>8897078

Custom dolls with brand names, established sellers , reputable reviews, and professional websites, are worth 100$ - 200$.

NOT YOU, OR MOST OF /cgl/

>>8897062

Thank you, I will. I thought someone on here would be competent enough to do so but I guess not. Even after I have laid out and done all the research for them, they still act like it's some impossible task that requires lots of money. Do they think people are dumb?

I do alot of metal work. Mostly for vehicles , but I'm trying to branch out to props and custom gokarts. If I acted like any of these people in the thread to my clients, they'd tell me to go fuck myself.
>>
>>8897339
definitely hating you more than that mystery commission person because at least they were willing to shell out money to pay for good quality work. honestly if you can't find anyone who's willing to work with your budget, you'd better offer more money or do it yourself.
>>
>>8888635
bumping this one
>>
>>8897339
It's not about money or skill at this point. They just plain don't like you and your attitude. If anything you should understand not wanting to be lowballed and told that your prices are too high and that it should be this price because I say so.
>>
>>8897414
161 replies and this is the only legit commission post...
>>
File: image.png (266KB, 519x561px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266KB, 519x561px
I'm looking to get Elise made in time for PAX East. I only need her outfit and don't really care how the armor is done as long as it looks nice. I've never commissioned anyone before and my budget is flexible, I'm just hoping to find someone who could do it for around ~$200. Again, flexible budget and first time commissioner, really not trying to be exiled for a bad budget choice.
>>
>>8897423
this thread is pretty much done as far as commissions go. the only people posting requests will be ones who have not read the thread and seen the trainwreck it has become
>>
>>8897436
I have read the thread but legit want something commissioned. . . Just optimistic someone will still read requests lol
>>
>>8897441
I mean, people are reading it, and even a couple have offered pricing, but the tone is just totally fucked.
>>
>>8897444
Yeeepppp.. might just have to wait until the next commission thread
>>
>>8890010
Can't find anything in the archive. Links or caps?
>>
>>8897271
>not getting nice socks for christmas
i actually get stuff i want for christmas. i buy my own socks on my own time.
>>
>>8897339
Imagine if you gave a quote to one of your metalworking clients and they told you that there was no way they would pay that much, that it wasn't valued that much and they knew some inexperienced hick outside of town who did it for half the price, so why wouldn't you? Then, when you told them that your labor was worth more than that guy's, they insulted you and kept devaluing your labor. That's how you're handling this situation.
>>
>>8897428
~200 is very low for someone like elise, who has a pretty complicated outfit. PAX East is also in a month and a half, so you're asking for a complicated rush job....
>>
>>8897428
>looking for a commission of this scale 1 month in advance of con
>wants it done for around $200

Are you delusional
>>
>>8897339
Can you make me Dante's Rebellion from Devil May Cry 3 for $50-75? Looking to get it made with metal since I'm just gonna hang it on my wall anyways.
>>
I'm looking to eventually commission a full size kimono, and I wanted to get an idea of what I'm in for- I know it will easily go over a grand, as I'm fucking fat plus the intricacy and how much fabric goes into it.

Would anyone be willing to throw out a ballpark figure and timeline, supposing you started today.
>>
>>8897428
Not going to happen. That's too complex for a month out, easily $100 or more in materials, and no matter how you do the armor it's a lot of labor hours. If you're serious about the costume, you'll need to book with someone much further in advance and spend much more. Or wait and see if there's a $180 taobao version.
>>
File: 1432810331694.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432810331694.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>8897421

I understand. The truth hurts.

>>8897694

You must understand, the barrier for entry is very low for this type of craft. Fabric, thread, knitting shit needles,etc. The most expensive thing would probably be a 100$- 300$ sewing machine. It doesn't require much initial investment to get started.

Low barrier of entry = more competition = devaluation of craft

This is why our crafts arent comparable. A welder and plasma cutter will cost you over a grand by them selves. Not to mention either having your own mills, CNC machines, water jets, or having access to them. Some of these are multi thousand doller machines.

This is why there is very low chance of some inexperienced hick offering what I do for cheaper. Actually it's the oposite. In a way, I am the hick and so are you. We are freeLancers. We don't have shops with employees, insurance, and other overhead costs. This is why we can afford; no, this is why WE HAVE TO be cheaper than professional business entities. The customer is taking a risk doing business with freelancers such as our selves.

I was in no way trying to insult anyone. But you must be a realist and know your worth. Now, I'm not saying your work and trade are complete trash and deserve to make only 1$ profit from your products. Im sure some of the stuff you people make can be very high quality and profitable. I am only talking about MY commission request. Which for the record is a MODIFIED SOCK MONKEY AND SOME PANTIES.
>>
>>8897898
If you think sewing is so easy, then you should just do it yourself. It takes most people at least a couple years to learn to construct complex garments. Sewing garments is completely different from sewing plush too. I can sew a Sakizou cosplay but I doubtful as to whether I can make a good looking plush.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
Would any commissioners be willing to give a quote for how much a madoka cosplay would cost?
I'd need the dress, accurately ruffled massive petticoat, gloves, the choker and maybe the soulgem.
>>
>>8897911
If we're talking quality, $800
>>
File: 20150803_084021.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150803_084021.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>8897760

I don't do blades. I could maybe get away with some simple swords, but that sword is way too complex. The skeleton handgard itself would be rediculously hard to pull off. Making it in CNC would be rediculously expensive, and would require me to make a 3D model in CAD. Best bet is to find a swordsmith. Maybe he can make one from cast. He'd have to make a clay model and make a mold from it . It would be heavy as fuck. Takes alot of talent and work. Way beyond my capabilities. Not many people are able to do it, ones that do are working in Hollywood. Very expensive.

Fiber glass would be a better option, but I'm not good at that yet.
>>
>>8897912
You could get it done very well for $600-650, but $800 wouldn't be unreasonable. If there were a commercially made petticoat that was suitable you'd save a decent amount. Fluffy petticoats eat up time.
>>
>>8897903
Yeah, I swear this guy is just obsessed with digging himself a deeper hole. You don't just buy a $300 machine and magically become talented, and working out of a home studio is very common on the high end of custom bridal, etc. I have thousands of dollars and thousands of hours invested in getting to a high level of sewing skill. Nobody here is making couture, but nobody is charging $10,000+ couture prices, either. I will work for a fair price and I don't need your business. You may be a hick, but I'm not.
>>
>>8897898
If sewing is so easy and cheap to get into, then why don't you do it?
>nb4 'I don't want to'
Good luck never getting your commission, then. I wouldn't work with you even if you tripled your budget. You sound like a prick
>>
Elise anon here, I appreciate everyone's honesty but I found someone with a nice portfolio willing to make it just over $200!
>>
>>8897948
Would it be a lot to ask to modify a petticoat by adding the ruffle trim and shortening it?
>>
>>8897428
$200? Lol you're high.
>>
I need this by next month. Your payment is the fact that you're getting more experience by making it.
>>
>>8898001
Link us them pls anon
>I am also poor
>>
>>8898005
I don't think you know what a petticoat is.
>>
>>8898023
Isn't a petticoat one with many layers of a tulle-like material? Is there another name for what I am thinking of?
>sage for OT and because I'm starting to feel dumb
>>
>>8898009
see >>8898001
>>
>>8897911
I'd charge around $700 for the costume with a handmade petticoat. That would take a ton of time and fabric to do, plus horsehair braid. You're looking at a lot of time on that alone. Unfortunately you probably won't get the right shape without a custom petticoat, which is why there are so many droopy Madokas.
>>
>>8897898
Some of us have non entry level, industrial machines that cost in the thousands. So we charge a bit more than someone who bought a machine at Wal Mart for $100
>>
>>8898026
Yes, that's correct. It sounded like you thought the white skirt was a petti.
>>
>>8897948
Yeah I just rounded up to $800 specifically because the petticoat would be a pain for someone to make.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 299x168px
>>8897903
>>8897963
>>8897971

I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SKILL. I WAS EXPLAINING HOW THE BARRIER OF ENTRY TO A CRAFT HAS AN EFFECT ON THAT CRAFTS WORTH AND MARKET VALUE.LOWER BARRIER OF ENTRY = MORE PEOPLE DOING THE CRAFT = MORE PEOPLE GETTING GOOD AT THE CRAFT = MORE COMPETITION = CHEAPER PRICES.

God you people are so butt hurt. Simple economics gets your panties in a bunch.

if Everyone is making SEMI-CUSTOM SOCK MONKEYS FOR UNDER 40$, WHY IS IT SO CRAZY TO ASK FOR A SOCK MONKEY WITH SOME PANTIES, DIFFERENT FACE, AND SOME MINOR ALTERATIONS FOR 60$ OR AN AX PASS (80$). I SAID YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO MAKE THE FUCKING THING. JUST ALTER ONE THAT I BUY. THE FUCKING DEADLINE WOULD BE MONTHS AWAY. BUT NOOOOOO, THEY THINK THEY'RE THE FUCKING VERSACE OF SOCK MONKEYS.

AGAIN, I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT A DRESS, OR A COMPLEX PROP, OR A COMPLETE COSPLAY. I'M TALKING ABOUT A SOCK MONKEY.

SOCK MONKEY SOCK MONKEY SOCK MONKEY SOCK MONKEY SOCK MONKEY SOCK MONKEY SOCK MONKEY SOCK MONKEY
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-06-13-03-16.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-06-13-03-16.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>8898054
>>
>>8898054
Are you ok anon? Sounds like you need a snickers.
>>
>>8898054
If you want your sock monkey so badly, then ask the people on Etsy to customize it for you, because no one here ever will.
>>
>>8898054
So how's middle school so far? Hard being 13 years old, isn't it?
>>
>>8898071

Already did

45$

I'm just explaining why you insufferable cunts aren't shit
>>
>>8898005
If it had the right shape, you could chop off the lower tiers and do a serger rolled hem on the raw edge, but Madoka's skirt is short and super flared, so you'd need a base petticoat that was flared high enough to get you the right shape. It's possible that either layering two shortened square dance pettis or reattaching the lower tiers up near the waist would work, but I'm not sure. It's something I might try for myself and just junk it if it didn't work, but if I were taking it as a commission I wouldn't want to screw around with it. I would have to make it from scratch so the results and time/materials cost would be predictable. I'd check Taobao and cosplay retailers to see if a short, very fluffy cosplay petti exists. (Which I'm not sure it does, or at least a lot of people don't buy it). That would be your best bet for avoiding the cost of a custom petti.
>>
>>8898054
> thinks an hour of labor isn't an hour of labor if the project is comparatively easier than some other project.

I for one am getting an enjoyable amount of mileage out of this idiot.
>>
>>8898018
I found them off a Facebook group I'm sorry anon! Wish I could be of more help!!!
>>
File: stop.png (317KB, 696x538px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
317KB, 696x538px
>>8898054
you sound lowkey psychotic
>>
>>8898054
kek if anyone sees this guy at AX please get a photo. i want to see what this psycho looks like irl with his crap cosplay
>>
>>8897675
Really? If you look up "chubcakes" there's a bunch of anons complaining about her
>>
>>8895813
>It's relatively easy for someone with adept experience and the proper tools and materials.

it doesn't matter how easy it is, $50 for materials and labor is way too cheap. Have you ever even sewn a small plush? Or clothes for a plush? It can take hours.
>>
Can someone help out with Valentine's wig, or direct me to someone who could? I've never commissioned anyone before and I'm not really sure where to start since I don't trust anyone local who offered to do a good job considering their portfolio, and I asked on another group but I just got linked to peoples friends who were just as iffy.

I have the wig already and I can handle the front. I just need help making the pigtail look full & spiked. I can order/pay for wefts if you would need it. The wig I ordered is Arda's Jeanie I believe.

I was thinking a budget of about $60 with shipping since I already have the wig and I've seen short wigs fully styled for about that price but I'm flexible. I would prefer a Canadian though bc that Canadian dollar man :" ) I would need it by June.

If anyone has an open slot or could suggest me to someone maybe respond with your page so I could check out your portfolio & then contact you?
>>
>>8898001
here's hoping they actually give to you in a timely manner. good-fast-cheap, pick two and all
>>
>>8898632
make an armature/paper mache base for the hair maybe? kind of like what someone did for jessie's hair from pokemon but on a much smaller level
>>
>>8898632
>$60 CAD
>$45 USD
my apologies, canada
>>
>>8898595
>he said he'd pay for the materials and the $60 would be for labor, also that he'd pay for shipping
>>
>>8898778
ahh yeah its bad. when i ordered the wig i did a bulk order, $230 usd it was $310 cad. the dollar is killing us right now.

>>8898760
i might if i have to but i'd really rather get it commissioned. i've done two wigs in the past and they were both a huge mess.
>>
>>8897026
Bump
>>
File: erica art.png (2MB, 1128x1709px) Image search: [Google]
erica art.png
2MB, 1128x1709px
Looking for someone to make the jacket/shawl of this qt for me. Measurements are 31/24/36 and my budget is flexible because I don't really know what I should expect people to charge. I wanna say I can do up to $100 but I'd be embarrassed if that's a really low amount. Email me if you want to work something out.
>>
>>8900224
That's really low. You might be able to get the jacket only for $100+ship but if you want the shawl too, you're looking at way more than $100.
>>
$700-1,200?

Aspiring cosplay: Yuyuko Sagiyouji

Authentic fabric from Japan and made in mind, lavished oriental designs show casing an elegant and traditional style.

Not only would I want the dress. It is expected to come along with graceful sandals, commissioners wig of choice in the highest standard, extravigant obi sash, and Yuyuko's fan made in the finest materials.
>>
>>8898054
Don't let me see you at AX m8
>>
>>8900589

Need by Anima Expo.

3 month window for completion.
>>
>>8900595

No bully.
>>
>>8900589
You're going to need better reference images if you want a real quote.
The way this is phrased makes me think it's a joke, but if you're serious:
~why does this fabric have to come from Japan? If you want the design as in the picture, you're going to have to have it custom printed, unless this is randomly something that has fabric available in Japan (in which case you're going to need to link it to the commissioner).
~No one has any idea what you mean by "graceful sandals" so you'd better get some reference images.
~Why does the obi sash need to be extravagant? It looks like a pretty simple black sash in the picture.
The way you worded it makes it sound like you're a pretentious ass and no one is going to want to work with you. If you're serious, I suggest rethinking your wording.
>>
>>8900589
I get the feeling English isn't your first language. Your request reads like a Taobao listing.
>>
File: 1456700282505.gif (396KB, 350x434px) Image search: [Google]
1456700282505.gif
396KB, 350x434px
>>8900657
>>
>>8900657
>>8900703

So you want to make this Yuyuko Costume set?
>>
File: keklemore.gif (997KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
keklemore.gif
997KB, 500x272px
this fucking thread, ho-lee shit
>>
>>8896441
Fuck that's a pretty good deal for an AX pass. If you were going to AX too, shipping and handling wouldn't even be a problem.
>>
>>8900224
$100 would get you the jacket. Knit/crochet is really time consuming, even for something relatively simple. All of the knitters I know only gift, never sell, because nobody will pair a fair price for the amount of hours a project takes. You might find someone via etsy, but you're looking at two different commissioners for jacket and shawl and a total price over $100.
>>
File: sagi.jpg (119KB, 600x702px) Image search: [Google]
sagi.jpg
119KB, 600x702px
>>8900652
Seriously. I plugged the character name into google and *every single image* is a better reference than the one posted. If this is a real request, the budget is high enough but the request sends up a bunch of red flags. "Authentic" fabric? Extravagant obi? Apparently totally incapable of using google to find and buy a pair of geta?
>>
>>8901151
I think the image anon posted was even for reference to go off of...

Honestly, If I were to cosplay a character from a series like Touhou. I'd would have at the very least the bare min of 100 images narrowing down things I would love to be apart of my costume.
>>
>>8900589
Post more reference images of the exact version you want and your email, anon, I am intrigued. I share your enthusiasm for Touhou cosplay done in authentic materials and have the skill set for it. Blue taffeta dress, chirimen ruffles, mofuku obi brocade for the sash and black trim? Cyperous wig? The only thing I probably can't get is hinoki cypress for the fan blades. And I'd have to order a pair of zori from Japan and make new hanao for them, can't make good-looking lacquered zori from scratch.
>>
>>8902128
I know there's some variations in the designs, but a basic idea of what it actually looks like is really necessary if you're trying to find someone to take a commission. The particular details and design choices you can hash out later. And given the design variety, this particular commission is one where good communication would be even more important.
>>
>>8894641

http://www.twinrosesdesigns.com/

I bought trim off of her, but she offers a ton of jedi costumes and pieces that are beautiful. She's a professional costume designer, so it won't be cheap.
>>
>>8895197

I'd ballpark this at around 200 dollars. The gauntlets would be the tricky part that would make it a little pricey, and like another poster said, linen isn't cheap, so it would depend on your size.

But with the man hours and shipping, you'd be looking at 300 total. It's a cute design at least.
>>
>>8895322
>>8903577
Thanks for the honest responses, anons! I'm considering doing her for AX, but I'm not 100% sure I'm going. I think I may be able to make the gauntlets out of craft foam on my own; in that case, how much could you shave off the price?
>>
>>8902224
I have very few images.
>>
File: whatdoyoumeanbythose.png (340KB, 1962x996px) Image search: [Google]
whatdoyoumeanbythose.png
340KB, 1962x996px
>>8902224
pls show
>>
>>8903670
I'd charge around $240 + shipping, give or take a bit depending on size/materials.
>>
File: IMG-Karthus-Concept.jpg (828KB, 1214x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-Karthus-Concept.jpg
828KB, 1214x1920px
How much would this beautiful bastard run me? I'm guessing 1000+ with all the armor and robes.
>>
>>8903763
just the armor alone with fiberglass resin would be about $40+ and around 48 hours time
>>
>>8903769

Interesting... In my OP I meant the 1000+ as in $$ not hours. But 40$+ for the armor??? Really? Maybe that seems cheap to me cause I have an awesome job and don't have a family to worry about and blow my money on fun things.
>>
>>8903782
Obviously not $40. Seriously?? They either typoed and meant $400, or (as I read it) $40+ for the fiberglass itself plus 48 of labor at whatever rate the commissioner charges, which would be $500 at minimum wage.
>>
>>8903763
With the amount of sculpting in the props/armor you would be looking at around 1200 for a good artist.
>>
>>8903782
>>8903798
And those 48 hours will probably be spread over a month with 1-3 work hours a day
>>
>>8903744
I emailed you back! Let's do this.
>>
>>8894241
lol, google Limebarb (same girl). She's always been overpriced and has horrible business history and attitude.
>>
File: 1449206858522.png (147KB, 371x384px) Image search: [Google]
1449206858522.png
147KB, 371x384px
>people complaining about things costing so much
You're paying someone else do your dirty work. Don't like the price? THEN DO IT YOURSELF LIKE HOW EVERYONE ELSE DOES.
>>
>>8904824
Limebarb is still around? (?!) That's crazy. Also crazy: that she doesn't go to greater lengths to hide her past identity. The internet is forever, and "limebarb" is all over the internet.
>>
>>8904853
fucking this
>>
>>8904853
Cosplay isn't about inspiration, crafting, skill, creativity, learning new things, or pride. It's about ATTENTION. I don't want to work I want CHEAP EASY ATTENTION
>>
>>8904853
a-fucking-men. And generally the prices cosplayers pay to commission are artificially low, to boot.
>>
File: 2f9.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2f9.gif
1MB, 320x240px
Holy shit, people. I only occasionally come on here. Good job spicing up a boring night at work.

>No one pays $100 for an oil change.

Um, I do. 'Cuz I travel a lot and my car is fast approaching 200K miles. Full synthetic oil isn't cheap. While I do know how to change my own oil, I'd rather pay someone to do it in case there's other problems under the hood that I'd otherwise miss.

> Sewing machines are cheap.

(Looks at the thousand-dollar machine I bought with my tax return a few years ago.)

If you buy a basic or mid-level machine, then yes, it would only cost $100 - 300. But if you want a machine that does embroidery, quilting, or stretch knits, you better pony up the cash. Basic embroidery machines alone cost upwards of $600 and combination machines (like mine) can easily cost in the low to mid-thousands.

>A sock monkey would take a max of 3 hours!

At my 9-5 job, I make just shy of $20/hour. 3 hours is almost $60 there. Why the hell would I make you a sock monkey for less than that? Because you threw a fit on 4chan?

Thanks for the entertainment, kids. I'm out.
>>
File: fuck-this-shi-i-'m-o...gif (123KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-this-shi-i-'m-o...gif
123KB, 256x144px
>>8905253
>>
>>8905253
>I don't always come on CGL, but when I do, it's to brag about my money in an argument that ended days ago.
>>
File: lol.jpg (43KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
43KB, 640x496px
>>8905253
>>8905648
>>
>>8905253
You know, the more I read this, the more I can't help but think that this is someone wishing they lived a fantasy life where they were rolling in the dough.

>"boring night at work"
And yet they mention that they work standard hours that end at 5pm

>Paying $100 for synthetic oil
If this is true, you're being ripped off by a significant amount.

>What even are those sewing machine cost estimates.
Mid level machines can sew stretch knits just fine and basic custom embroidery machines start closer to 300-400. And if by "combination machine" you mean something capable of both quilt embroidery and sewing various fabric types, those too start closer to 300-400. There is zero reason to pay a thousand bucks unless you're looking for a high quality brand.
>>
>>8905253

Most wealthy people I know don't even pay 100$ for an oil change. And some of them drive porsche 911s, Vipers, Range rovers.

Even people who buy Bugattis don't get them serviced by the dealer since it costs over 20k for one.
>>
>>8905253
>Um, I do
>Full synthetic oil isn't cheap.
You're an idiot and should probably stop going to dealerships for a fucking oil change.
>>
>>8905253

THE MECHANIC MAN SAID THAT THE OIL WAS EXPENSIVE

fucking brawds.
>>
>>8891741
might be easier to order the embroidered pieces to be attached to the cloak, so the placement is right. A lot of people who do embroidery won't touch a pre-existing garment to add embroidery to because of potentially ruining it
>>
I desperately need someone to make the crown for me. I have the actual costume from the 2004 Phantom of the Opera movie but I was able to get the crown. Yes you would have to do the feathers.
>>
I was charged 230$ for a pair of generic boots cover, is that insane ?
I mean, it's just thigh high.
>>
>>8909227
if they were one color seems pretty high
if they were embellished or made out of leather or nicer materials still seems high but not as bad
>>
>>8909232
It's just black
>>
>>8909227

If you didn't want to pay that much, why didn't you hire someone else? If that person's hourly rate + materials made that project $230 it's not "insane," but you're also free to not commission them.
>>
File: 1453530025597.png (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453530025597.png
20KB, 640x480px
>>8909257
Except no one else wants to do it. Which is why I'm wondering if it's too insane, that's all.
I've seen people do more things for less. I know I can't compare oranges to apples, but if it's not insane to many people, I'll just buy from them.
>>
>>8909265
If they're the only game in town you can find then I guess you're stuck with $230. I personally wouldn't because it's pretty high for something that plain
>>
>>8905253
>At my 9-5 job, I make just shy of $20/hour. 3 hours is almost $60 there. Why the hell would I make you a sock monkey for less than that?
because you love to make sock monkeys for the less fortunate perhaps?
>>
File: images (8).jpg (32KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
32KB, 313x470px
I'm looking for a quote on just the hood (including wolf piece) would like to keep it under $200 Australian dollars if possible.

Don't think I need to add measurements except height which is 150cm
>>
>>8912458

Is that a BRATZ doll?
>>
>>8912536
Ever After High, Mattel's fairytale line with daughers and sons of famous fairytale characters.
>>
So I've been wanting to cosplay Tyrande Whisperwind from WOW for years, but I know my skill level and this costume is far beyond it. (At least for that silver chestpiece thing.) Could you guys please recommend me some experienced people that I could pay to make this for me? Pic related. Alternatively, good armour-making commissioners?
>>
File: Nia_Tepperin.png (188KB, 608x427px) Image search: [Google]
Nia_Tepperin.png
188KB, 608x427px
Another costume I'm looking to commission is Nia Teppelin time-skipped. Pic related. I'm 5'4" in height, 33" bust, 25" waist. 33" hips.
>>
File: wallpaper_3322.jpg (74KB, 1186x700px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_3322.jpg
74KB, 1186x700px
what the fuck how have I missed this thread

a friend is looking for someone in Europe (Sweden/Scandinavia would be best, but anywhere nearby is fine) to make her a custom sized quality bunnysuit, which wouldn't fall apart. pic is illustrative, props and armour pieces are not needed, tail would be a nice bonus but not necessary. no particular time limit, and it doesn't have to happen soon, but we're looking for someone who'd be able and willing to make such a thing.
>>
How much would it cost me to commision this bodysuit? (Just the bodysuit, Boot covers are not necessary) I really want this cosplay ...
>>
File: linna hardsuit.jpg (190KB, 560x734px) Image search: [Google]
linna hardsuit.jpg
190KB, 560x734px
Looking for pepakura unfolded pdo file for Linna Yamazaki hardsuit.

Please email above if you're looking for commissions
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 640x1136px
yikes

Is anyone looking to take on a Sailor Moon comission similar to pic
>>
>>8914189
I'd say $110-200

The fabric alone might be pricey as it needs to be a 4 watch stretch.
>>
>>8904259
I am sorry Anon, You have great work for the very few work that you've done. Your skill level is up there but I have to pass.

Thank you for understanding.
>>
>>8914234
dejavudea!!!
>>
File: ashley.jpg (54KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
ashley.jpg
54KB, 500x588px
i was wondering if someone could give me an estimate on how much this would cost? Ashley from the wario series, but I don't need the wig, tights, or the white rabbit. i would need everything else though (shoes, headpiece, collar and skull brooch)

i don't have a deadline (because i know that affects price) and i really would like it if it was good quality and not rushed. oh and my measurements are 35/28/35
>>
File: 1394898102015.jpg (39KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1394898102015.jpg
39KB, 500x484px
>that one poorfag in the thread trying to get shit made for less than minimum wage

~cringe~
>>
>>8912458
Sorry to bust your bubble anon, but thats not going to happen.
Material costs alone is about $200 if you are after anything decent.
Cloaks take a lot of fabric to make, usually around 3-4m, double that if you want it lined. So looking at $80-90
A deep pile faux fur is also pretty pricey in Aus. Like $25-40 per meter there.
While the cost price for mask materials wouldn't be too high, to make it look decent there would be a nice amount of time needed. Estimate at $30-40 materials cost.
So you are looking at $135-170 cost price min.
I would estimate the cloak at 4-5hrs work and with all the sculpting , sanding and painting, the mask at 9-10 hrs work.
So if I was to undercut myself at charge minimum wage for my time, thats about $150

So my estimate - min $400
>>
>>8894178
yehhhh.....that's why i just find a good website, then only commission stuff from them.....if you can find a good one it saves hundreds....

Personally I'd rather have a color be ever so slightly off and spend 200$ than have something perfect being 1,000$
>>
>>8894341

Holy balls yes, people underestimate how fucking expensive good fabric can get. I just bought some ok quality stuff for my onesie. And shit aint cheap. But at least what i have now is really snug and warm.
>>
>>8901143
> nobody will pair a fair price for the amount of hours a project takes

Yep. Got a nice scarf with a hoodie knitted, free. Only bought the materials, because noone wants to pay for it and i had certain priviledges. Person who made me the scarf, also made a few others for other people, and she always ever wanted the materials paid.

And even then people were at times shocked at how expensive good quality wool actually costs.
>>
>>8896419
Can someone explain the "Chubs" thing to me? Link an old thread? I looked I the archives and I think "chubs" is too general.
>>
This is why I rarely do commissions...

>>8894178
I love when you get people like this who look at something that complicated, don't make their own costumes, and thin they can call the shots when they don't even know what goes into the craft.

>>8894286
>>8894370
You at least seem humble, so I don't think you're meaning to give such an outrageous request, but making an instrument is incredibly difficult. "Simple sounds" IS going to be "professional quality", not necessarily top of the line. If you want it to be able to make any sounds at all, you're going to need very specific materials, and they're going to need to be constructed in a certain way that facilitates that sound. You'd have to find someone who makes instruments (and harps aren't nearly as common as say, a guitar). Harp players are a bit rare in the music world, already, so companies that make working harps are going to cost money.

If you're okay with a non-functional or something closer to a simple "plucking" sound (nowhere near what a actual harp can sound like), I feel like it shouldn't cost too much more than a few hundred. I don't make props, but maybe someone else on the thread could give you a better idea.

>>8895301
This turned into a wild ride. I love when someone who doesn't know the craft or what goes into it has the gall to be so entitled.

>>8897428
That budget, yikes.
>>
>>8917888
tl;dr version
she took several commissions on, moved house and stopped working on the commissions for 6+ months and people who paid her said she also wasn't responding to their emails during this period and she only got back to them after they starting posting about it on /cgl/

mind you, she was still making frequent personal project update posts in this 6 month gap so she obviously had the spare time to be working on stuff her customers had already paid for rather than brushing them off
>>
>>8888035
>>8888591
Are kigus still in style anymore? I thought that it was a 2014 meme.
>>
What are the chances that someone actually takes a commission from this thread and completes it?
>>
>>8922246
no sale
>>
>>8922112

It does not have to be in style to be comfy. I still wear mine around the house on weekends when its cold.
>>
File: ElizaActionShotRip.jpg (1MB, 1003x1065px) Image search: [Google]
ElizaActionShotRip.jpg
1MB, 1003x1065px
So since anons are bringing up insane cosplays, is there anyone possibly capable of doing Eliza? As in no flop on the ankh or any sticks holding it up. I'd planned to make it myself by May of 2017 since as I am now, I can't sew nor do I know how to make a pattern. But if someone could make it by July 2016 then I'd be interested in a quote. I'm not scared of the price, just interested in an estimate. Blood magic not included.
>>
>>8922246
This thread might be a lost cause, but I've taken commissions from other /cgl threads. I was slightly wary the first time, but the cgl clients have actually been some of my better clients.
>>
>>8923618
>I was the original kigu poster
I am still desperately looking for a kigu commissioner that's reasonable
>>
File: IMG_9510.png (509KB, 409x573px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9510.png
509KB, 409x573px
>>8923341
Idk how helpful it would be to you but I did this last year. I used a stiff fabric (i spray painted it to match my other golds) and sewed a huge, long sleeve and then sewed a ton of wire into the seam. I glued it (and the side pieces, made of worbla and foam) onto a piece of wood that had a thingie you put a screw in (sorry i dont know the name) in it and then underneath my dress i wore a belt with a screw on it, cut a tiny hole into my dress and screwed it on. It only took about a day so it wasn't that bad, but looked a little rushed. Here's a pic. Since it was minimal sewing you might be able to just get someone to feed your fabric through their machine quickly for you for no cost if you decide to go that route.
>>
>>8923341
I don't see how the top part of the ankh couldn't be made from shaped sintra. Seems simple enough desu.
>>
>>8923341
buckrim and wire my friend.
>>
>>8923653
Wow thank you! You've been a great help since I didn't even know where to start. I'd like for mine to come out smoother and shiner, kinda like that liquid gold spandex look.

>>8923698
>>8923710
I don't know what some of those terms mean but I'll gladly look them up! Thanks.
>>
>>8923635
dino kigu? I don't specialize in kigu, but I have done kigu hoodies that are basically on par with that dino kigu. If that might suit what you're after, leave contact info and I will get in touch.
>>
>>8923777
There's another kigu as well I would like to talk to you about as well.
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.