[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kami-Con Season 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 14

File: kamicon.jpg (88KB, 936x735px) Image search: [Google]
kamicon.jpg
88KB, 936x735px
Exactly 2 weeks until the con. how's everyone planning on spending their weekend? and what did y'all think of the date changing this year?
>>
>>8887357
Aside from doing cosplay photography, I'm going to try to go to a few panels , visit the dealer's room and go to the Vocaloid concert.
>>
>>8888999
A bit of cosplay, and I'm going to all the concerts.
Probably going to see the Fakku panels too.
>>
I'm not too happy about this tremendous price hike.
>>
>>8889698
..it's like 5 or 10 dollars more
How is that tremendous?
>>
File: 1432774826749.png (117KB, 1585x1527px) Image search: [Google]
1432774826749.png
117KB, 1585x1527px
>>8889698
>tremendous
>>
I'm so not ready. I have soooo much more work to get done before the con since I have an artist alley table. I'm just really glad that the artist's alley opens up late so it gives me plenty of time to get down there.

Btw, anyone know the best way to find a professional photographer? I'm needing someone to take some nice pictures for me.
>>
This is my first time going to a small con, I've been to other cons before, what should I expect?
>>
>>8892482
At the con or in general? At the con, maybe post on the Kami fb page.
In general? Google?
You could try JND photography. I'm not sure how much he will charge you, but he did my sisters baby pictures and she liked them. (My sister isn't into cosplay for conventions or anything, so she's not cosplay biased)
>>
>>8893280
This is more of a mid size con.

Friday is chaos because the staff never has it's shit together. Volunteers are clueless as well.

It's really laid-back and fun if not kind of unpolished for how much it's grown over the years.
>>
>>8893280
...Kami-con is definitely not a small con.

Bring your own food. The only food avaliable near the con is Subway, and thats it.
>>
File: lol.png (137KB, 400x351px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
137KB, 400x351px
>>8893842
don't forget about that over-priced cafe.
>>
>>8893280
>>8893842
Uptown is walking distance and there is a Mugshots. the other places are a bit pricey but if you want a nice place to eat...
>>
Who is actually going to the Vocaloid concert this year? Last years was kind of a joke.
>>
>>8893842
they had concessions open last year too,maybe they'll be open again this year so thats an option.
>>8893833
their volunteers are just random con-goers that want their badges refunded so they don't actually know a single thing about the con. They basically just stand at a door and check badges.
>>
>V. Wi-fi and Electricity are not provided.

why kami-con, why.
>>
Glad to see that someone made another Kami thread. I'm looking forward to the Richard Epcar's panels, and the Kazha concert. Also going to try out for Anime Jeopardy (which I am surprised to learn is not until Sunday).

God, I hope the dealers room is in a different place this year. The location last year was weird.
>>
>>8887357
I don't like the date change and it is the reason I am not going this year. I like them to be my Feb con, the con i can wear bulky hot cosplays to and just walk outside to cool down. It's too close to MTAC dates now. Also the guests don't tickle any fancy for me this year.
>>
>>8894822
Kind of a petty reason to not go, lol.
"You moved it up two weeks! Fuck you!"

Also, it's actually been cold as balls here in the BMA (at least in the evening).
>>
>>8894828
Not really. 1 con per month is more than enough. They didn't move just 2 weeks, they moved it a whole month, they used to be valentines weekend-ish.
>>
>>8894855
MATC is on goddamn easter weekend and is never in the same fucking month. they have been in April, march, February and maybe may.

kami was on valentines weekend two years in a row, which put them on the same weekend as Katsu. last year their dates were feb 27-march 1st. so no, they did not move an entire month, they literally moved a week.

you complain about them moving too close to MTAC when mtac is a clusterfuck that other cons have to fucking schedule around. I haven't been to that crap fest in 3 years. MTAC in Line was terrible and from what I've heard they haven't gotten better. there's a reason they keep going to smaller venues bro.
>>
File: SS_Vegeta.jpg (34KB, 520x373px) Image search: [Google]
SS_Vegeta.jpg
34KB, 520x373px
>>8894875
>From what I've heard
Shut up unless you were actually there. They keep getting kicked out of places cause of attendees breaking shit on the property. - someone who has actually been at both the last 3 years (when their date has been about the same time consistently, Easter can be in the last of march or beginning of april.)
You sound like a rabid foaming at the mouth kami fan boy.
Take a goddamn chill pill.

Due to timing and lackluster guests many of my friends and I who have been at kami the last 5-6 years are skipping this year, just saiyan.
>>
So do Alabama fags do meet ups at cons?
>>
>>8895080
Different anon here. If I wasnt helping with an event in the con I probably wouldnt go either.

As for MTAC I havent gone the past two years and I will be on a trip during it this year. The last time I went I had more fun with my friends drinking in the hotel room than actually attending the con. Was a waste of money imo
>>
>>8895080
Says the rabid MTAC fanboy.
Have fun with yor shit con mtac staffer.
We will just forget about the original head screwing over everyone and then taking con money and running with it.
>>
Mtac keeps getting trashed bc there's nothing to do but get drunk. It's boring, their staff thinks it's ok to force their way into hotel rooms and cuss out con goers.
You ever seen the after math of a frat party? Bored drunk people destroy everything.
Every single mtac I go to is the same. A lot of their panels do t happen or starry super late or are just awful. That's why everyone is getting drunk, that's why its dying, that's why yamacon and Akaicon exist.
>>
>>8895100
Maybe? I'm planning on totally soloing it this year. Too much shit I plan to do/see. I'm not even sure when I'll fiND time to eat.

I hope the story events don't suck.
>>
File: tumblr_o3hm0nUYac1ufyxj5o1_1280.jpg (625KB, 1260x735px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3hm0nUYac1ufyxj5o1_1280.jpg
625KB, 1260x735px
YES!
They are bring it back! The step counters!
I love these events, its why I love kami-con.

I hope they bring back the trading cards too, I loved those.
>>
>>8896062
A little late huh
>>
So...
There is a gamer gate panel, and an Internet toxicity panel.
Wat?!
>>
Bumping for interest.
>>
>>8896062
People who are going, what do y'all think about the proposed new logos?

Lower right is the only one I really, really like. I'll be dumping all my points into that one. Lower left also is kinda neat.

The other two can die in a fucking fire, however.
>>
File: KCLogoCute.png (55KB, 315x230px) Image search: [Google]
KCLogoCute.png
55KB, 315x230px
>>8897784
Don't hate me
>>
File: 1456161046554.jpg (407KB, 869x873px) Image search: [Google]
1456161046554.jpg
407KB, 869x873px
can't wait to see you bakas.
>>
>>8896391
they used to keep the games secret until the actual con, announcing a week before isn't really 'late' since it doesn't really super affect you going to the con (like their guests and events).

>>8897784
I am leaning towards any that aren't the cute one...I have a feeling the cute one will win just because its the one I hate the most (much like their turtle mascot choice form the first time they did this).

>>8897804
I judge you.
>>
I'm a little disappointed Little Kuriboh isn't coming back this year. I've been every time he has and hate to see him missing. Any idea why he's absent this year?
>>
>>8898481
I think he's at anther con that weekend
>>
random reminder that they had a photobooth for the first time last year so maybe they'll have it again this year. Pics are pretty hot or miss (a lot of miss) depending on what staffer was manning the booth, but if you get a good one, better than no pics at all. I talked to some of them last year, apparently a lot of people thought they had to pay to get their pics taken, but its a free booth that they just upload to their fb page later.

IDK this kid, but here, Dipper. Figured it'd be safer putting him here than any random, not-great cosplayer.
>>
>>8898500
*hit or miss
>>
>>8898500
awwwwwww adorable!!
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 1280x487px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 1280x487px
Anyone here in it?
>>
>>8896062
None of those logos are cute what the fuck??
>>
>>8899740
Only the pink one is supposed to be cute
>>
>>8896062
I'd rather have the cute pink logo than Edg, Edge and Edgy
>>
>>8899521
what do you wanna know anon?
>>
>>8900076
Different anon, but do you need any other lolitas? I'm kinda just reaching out on a limb here, but I planned on bringing a hime and gothic coordinate.
>>
>>8900243
Everything's already planned but you should still come. Are you a lone Alabama lolita?
>>
>>8900245
I'm a moderator from one of the Florida communities, I'll definitely come and watch. I always like to volunteer just in case people are short a few frills, but it's good to hear that you've got a nice group going! Really looking forward to it.
>>
>>8899777
kek
>>
>>8900076
Just seeing if anyone on here was in it, haha
>>
>>8898500
I hope they do. Take more derp photos with the crew.
>>
>>8893842
Birmingham has the Dart trolley service that goes by the BJCC and runs North-South. Southside's got some good restaurants. Dart fare is about fifty cents I think.
>>
>>8900829
I didn't know that
>>
when is everyone getting there? I should be there friday morning, not sure what I'm interested in hitting up yet however.
>>
>>8902437
A lot of people are probably going to be there by 9 on Friday for Volunteer orientation.

if you're there early enough for opening ceremonies you should go. It's kind of cute.
>>
>>8902437
Heading there Friday. I'll be too late to go to opening ceremonies and the only thing I'm interested in after that is the concert. I'll most likely chill and unwind in the hotel room until then.
>>
>>8902437
I'm going to try to get there pretty early, about 8 or 9, so I can get in the registration line early.
>>
>>8904142
Friday morning that is.
>>
Any parties or anything tonight? I'm trying to convince myself to drive the 3 hours
>>
File: Aiki-235107.jpg (52KB, 409x535px) Image search: [Google]
Aiki-235107.jpg
52KB, 409x535px
>>8907260
>parties
>>
>>8907321
is it just a west coast thing? They do cocaine off of body pillows at ALA
>>
>>8907326
Kami is not a party con.
>>
God, that vocaloid "concert" was such a wreck. Why is this con so disorganized this year? It wasn't always this awful.
>>
>>8908359
Yeah wtf, I was expecting holograms. Waited in line am hour and a half and was severely disappointed. Left about a minute after they got the sound going (wasn't even at concert levels of loud). There was a large crowd leaving with me, right from the start.
>>
>>8908368
What upset me most is having to wait an hour and a half because Voltaire ran long. I like Kamicon, but whether it's a panel or concert, they need to make sure the special guests abide by their time limits.
>>
I'm pissed because I missed the fashion show. How was it?
>>
>>8908645
I'm curious too - how was it?
>>
Anyone go to the Lolita fashion or kawaii panel? I didn't go Sunday
>>
Let's see those cosplay pics everybody!
>>
>>8909732
the girl running the lolita panel was really late and her flash drive broke or something, so she just did a Q&A thing. you didn't miss much. she was a pretty cute ouji though.
>>
>>8908465
I stayed around for the Q&A after opening ceremonies and learned that Voltaire ran over for 45 minutes. What the hell? I understand how it is when you're rocking out and getting into it, but that is still mad inconsiderate.

Shout out to the Yaoi Panel, which was still quite fun despite the technical difficulties which plagued the first 30 minutes of it. The host (the one with the Maleficent horns) did a good job and kept it from getting boring or awkward while the A/V was fixed.
>>
>>8910169
*oh my fucking god, I meant closing ceremonies, holy shit I need to go to bed
>>
>>8908359
>>8908368
Id say last year is when the 'concerts' started going down hill.
I expect very little from Kami-con and will prob go to momocon instead
>>
File: pizza.jpg (90KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
90KB, 640x427px
>>8910169
I was at the voltaire concert and didnt even notice it ran long at all! I feel so bad now haha.

>>8908359
>>8908368
we waited around for the vocaliod concert last year for about a hour or so and walked out almost as soon as it started. I saw the line for it this year and felt really bad for the people waiting because I knew what they were in for.

At any rate I agree with >>8910651 about Kami-con. It was so boring this year and I'm pretty burnt out from it now. May skip it next year or go as a day-trip with no cosplay. It's really devolved, and I heard low-key that attendance was down this year.
>>
>>8910977
I was at the Voltaire concert as well, and didn't notice either! The wait for the Vocaloid concert was definitely shorter this year even with that, and, as always, people walked out as soon as it started.

I'll probably go next year, but I'll likely ghost it. The price for badges in the quality of the cons are at an inverse relationship.
>>
Vocaloid concert needs more well-known songs, less songs from random utauloids. Also, why the Caramelldansen at the end? It wasn't even a vocaloid cover. I get that copyright is an issue, but surely they can do better than what they did.
>>
>>8908999
Same here anon
>>
I feel like all cons are increasing their prices. kami has way more going for it than hama, but hama increased to $45 this year (so just $5 less than kami).
Then there's a bunch of new cons popping up that are charig stuff like $25 and such for almost no content.
>>
>>8911442
Why the fuck is hamacon $45 holy shit
>>
>>8911273
Who was that UTAU? I feel like it might have been the person's who made the concert.
>>
Established conventions are costing more because of the little convention are popping up everywhere.

I know that guests have been going to these small cons, and getting screwed by horrible scheduling and not getting paid. They are also getting asked to multiple conventions in one weekend.

So supply and demand, a lot of them are tripling their prices. I know of some guests that were $5000 for cons last year are already $15,000 guests this year. Now only bigger cons can afford them.
>>
>>8911609
Yea I know SRP productions has there own UTAU's that they require into their vocaloid show.

I know that the crowd at the vocaloid show was screaming cheering and dancing a whole lot! The crowd was huge! The show was lovely!

Everyone who is saying that it wasn't Holograms are a bit ignorant on what the real vocaloid concerts look in person. It's pretty much the same thing, it's just harder to see the screen.

Hologram technology is not that advance. Look it up ^_^.
>>
>>8911686
The main difference is the quality of the models and the live band. I believe SRP just uses MMD, while the official concerts use much better 3D models, and they just seem more real. The live band adds a lot to the experience. The crowd at the official concerts was also much more enthusiastic than any of the SRP ones I've been to. I realize the limitations a small fan production is going to have, so I can't fault them too much. But the official concerts were definitely a much better experience for me.
>>
>>8911713
Oh of course the real concerts are much better shows, but you have to travel to a very select few major cities to get a chance to see them. Shows like these are great for a more local audience. AWA's vocaloid concert was extremely similar to Kami-Con's
>>
>>8909732
I was at the Lolita fashion show and took a ton of pics.I'm going to be posting them on my Facebook page in the next couple days.
>>
>>8911686
I've seen peppers ghost style projections before that are super cheap to make and look great, they could have at least done that.
>>
>>8912162
Peppers ghost requires a hidden room and a physical model (or in this case Miku) to work, it's a reflection of a person or a dummy. How would that work with a 'hologram' (I know it's a projection, still)?
segas bigs ones just use three projectors pointed at plexiglass screens. Most fan run use mesh screens like at Kami, because of price differences and being able to rent or travel more easily with them.
Srp isn't the only fan one, but they are probably one of the better ones.

I feel like most people can't travel to the big legit miku concerts (myself included) and Kami is a family friendly con in Alabama. There were people who seemed to enjoy the concert fine, and good for them to be able to see something they enjoyed.
I will admit that I think the models.mmds/whatever looked better this year, but idk who the blue one was. An utau maybe? I know the sliver girl and the fox girl are srp utaus based on their Facebook, but I was confused over the weird blue one that sang.
>>
>>8912206
The problem with whatever mesh screen they were using was that it just looked like it was being protected onto a normal opaque screen. Was it actually even mesh?
>>
how was the lolita fashion show?
I had it was full of sissies, any videos of it?
>>
>>8912430
*heard
fuck I cant type
>>
>>8911686
Go home, SRP. Maybe listen to what people are saying before you go.
>>
>>8912430
There were literally no sissies. Where did you hear that?
>>
>>8912430
Whoever told you that was smoking crack. There weren't any in the show.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-15-08-56-08-1.png (726KB, 1440x492px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-15-08-56-08-1.png
726KB, 1440x492px
>>8912430
No sissys, just a bunch of lovely girls.
>>
>>8912430
There was not a single male in the show.
>>
>>8912455
a photographer who went told me, said that they was a bunch of older men in the show.
>>
>>8912493
He needs his eyes checked since he is a photographer. Or he got too high and was at the wrong event.
>>
>>8912483
I have the biggest fucking crush on that black girl that came out first. She gave me chills.
>>
>>8912430
It was the total opposite kek
>>
I've been going since year one and this year for me, was the most boring one. I did enjoy Kazha and Voltaire though.

My time was mainly affected by the fact that there were very few panels I was interested in. Had a nice chat with some Subway employees on Sunday. They barely managed to run out of food this year.
>>
>>8913620
Ive been going for 7 years and its been gradually getting more boring the past 3 years imo
Maybe we are just growing out of small cons anon
>>
>>8914688
That may be it. I went to AWA for the first time last year and didn't want to leave. So much stuff to do.
>>
>>8914789
Yeah that should be good until youve been going for 9 years like I have..Went to Dragoncon for the first time last year so will probably try and go again.
>>
This kami sucked ass. I don't know if it was like, the lack of fun shit to do or what. The only thing I enjoyed was the game room but I can do that shit at home.

They really need to step it up next year, this year was just awful.
>>
>>8913620
>>8914688
>>8917986
I hope the people who run the con see this. Sounds like a lot of people were pretty dissatisfied along with myself and everyone who I went with. Voltair was the only redeeming p
>>
>>8918262
They have a feedback form on their Facebook. They'll probably look at that before cgl.
>>
>>8918262
My theory is that they spent all their money on Voltaire. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and would love to see him back, but goddamn. The dealers and panelists they accepted were terrible.
>>
>>8918677
what did you not like about the dealers? I thought it was much better than a lot of cons I go to.
>>
File: IMG_7627 small.png (2MB, 1000x1275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7627 small.png
2MB, 1000x1275px
>>8908999
It was pretty awesome!. The theme was fairy tales.
>>
>>8918677
They didn't spend all their money, didn't they just take off on a trip to japan? (the owners)
>>
>>8908999
The girl in the pink and black looked like shit. Couldn't she at least iron her dress?
Most embarrassing behavior.
>>
>>8918940
The dealers were all just selling the same shit. Artist alley was more interesting - there was a pretty decent array of styles and not everyone was just selling prints
>>
Hi guys, staffer here.

We definitely take all feedback (as per previously mentioned feedback forms, and even yes, cgl) into consideration. We weren't satisfied with this year either, and we are already working very hard to make sure next year will be amazing. We completely understand if you found our events and panels lacking, and we hope that you'll continue to give us a shot next year.

Whether your comments are salty or sweet, they help us grow for next year. Thanks guys!
>>
>>8919549
That was one huge plus for us in the AA - we've never had a con staff care so much about how things were going (even dropping by multiple times)

That being said, there were a few times when we'd have questions and have to ask 3 or 4 different people before we'd find someone with an answer. I know you can only train volunteers so much but maybe giving them all a big faq sheet or something to consult would help.

Also have your damn vocaloid show do a sound test before you let people in. That was so unprofessional. (For those of you who weren't there - the projector started playing and there was no sound. Had to stop after everyone was in there and take a few minutes fixing stuff before they could restart.)
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.