[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aristocrat / EGA General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 19

File: atelier_boz.jpg (41KB, 519x800px) Image search: [Google]
atelier_boz.jpg
41KB, 519x800px
It appears that the old thread has gone into auto-sage. Let's keep this ball rolling. This time, let's open this up to discussing both femme and homme aristocrat.

Old thread >>8729403

>Aristocrat: Lolita's Older, Quite Possibly Vampiric, Cousin
http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.de/2010/07/aristocrat-lolitas-older-quite-possibly.html

>Could you tell me the difference between aristocrat, ouji, and lolita?
http://buttcape.blogspot.de/2013/05/q-could-you-tell-me-difference-between.html
>>
>>8886156

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19BTmZ11DF3C7R95JmlL2GFuaZYGgEAxMYzNBdJIUkJ4/edit#gid=0

Here's the Google docs list for brands that a kind anon made, that do aristo and aristo-able pieces.
>>
File: SCAN0556.jpg (36KB, 280x800px) Image search: [Google]
SCAN0556.jpg
36KB, 280x800px
>page 10

random picbump
>>
>>8889439

Thanks!

To get some discussion going, are there any particular recent releases which are arustocrat / aristo-able that have gotten you excited? Any new finds that you've been very pleased with?
>>
File: she.png (208KB, 762x498px) Image search: [Google]
she.png
208KB, 762x498px
>>8889452
I've been eyeing some lovely Sheglit blouses in unusual colorways. I think I should go for black or white instead so they fit in my wardrobe but...
>>
>>8889472
go for the pop of color.

my wardrobe is 100% black and nothing shows up in pictures.
>>
File: CbJ76lvUEAAmDLw.jpg (149KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CbJ76lvUEAAmDLw.jpg
149KB, 1024x768px
>>8889474
Eh, I'm kinda tired of posting for pictures and dressing for shoots. I'll probably follow your advice anyway.
>>
>>8889495
>>8889472

Is the dress pictured here Sheglit? That's really nice. I've been likewise been trying to add a bit more colour in my wardrobe, as I also have almost entirely black in mine, aside for a few pops of navy and gold. Just the other day a friend linked me to an auction for a purple Boz Mistress blouse. I pounced at it. I've loveteh recent grey/silver blouses that Boz have been putting out lately as well.
>>
File: 080909_141418.jpg (12KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
080909_141418.jpg
12KB, 240x320px
>>8889607

Ooops, dropped picture.
>>
>>8889607
It's this corset thing:
http://sheglit-store.com/items/56ac6d293cd482aa1e005d13
over a this dress:
http://sheglit-store.com/items/562b53ecbfe24c3af6005aff
>>
>>8889630
Those are really nice. I think the vest looks like it could work potentially in an aristo coord if done carefully. The back of the vest is gorgeous,

Out of those of us here, who wears:
* Exclusively femme aristocrat
* Exclusively homme aristocrat
* Mix of both femme and homme aristocrat
* Mix of aristocrat and lolita?

I wear a mix of both femme and homme aristocrat, and some aristocrat-influenced lolita.
>>
File: 1281907715929.jpg (110KB, 769x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1281907715929.jpg
110KB, 769x1166px
>>8889643
>Exclusively homme aristocrat
plus ouji. i am a fan of lolita and femme aristo and might branch into skirts someday when my boystyle wardrobe is fuller.

i am particularly interested in the androgynous EGA styles that seem "homme" despite using skirts. they are common in street snaps and GLB spreads but i do not see many Westerners attempting it these days.
>>
>>8889684
>>8889643

Ah yes, Mix of aristocrat and ouji / Mix of aristocrat, lolita, and ouji such have also been included as options. I really don't wear ouji (going by the Western perception of it) at all. It's too cutesy and youthful for my liking. Even with the lolita I wear, it's on the more mature end. I also really like the androgynous look aristo stuff.
>>
>>8889643
I usually just lurk these threads, but anyway.I guess I do a mix of femme and homme. It's not something I really consider when putting together a coord. I also wear lolita, but not very often.
>>
Do people wish that more brands catered to Aristocrat? It's sadly a lot less common than it used to be. Why do you think that is?
>>
>>8893440
what we call Aristocrat is made by gothic brands, and gothic brands are out of favor in street fashion. darkness in general is on the decline as an alternative aesthetic, in media as well as fashion, both in Japan and across the globe in general.

cuteness reigns.
>>
>>8893442
I agree that there are differences in terminology between the West and Japan. That said, I wouldn't say that gothic styles have falen out of favour globally, with 'cuteness' being the main style in favour. On an international level, I've seen gothic fashion variants being about as popular as they've ever been. I've seen steampunk fashions being fairly popular, which in turn has driven the rise of styles such as steampunk lolita (which I don't think works well most of the time). Just look at the fashion catwalks of say, London, Milan, or New York fashion week. I
>>
>>8893490
gothic brands have been shrinking/going out of business while kawaii brands are everywhere. it's a different world than it was 10 years ago.

i am teaching myself crafting techniques because i cannot easily find gothic accessories in my style and price range.

yes, the global gothic community is still active, but in the US and Japan goth isn't selling like it used to. Japanese brands keeled over and Mana isn't returning to the GLB, and in the US Hot Topic is a mini dealer's room with little to nothing dark on the shelves.

can't speak to the presence of goth elsewhere but the demand in these two major markets just isn't there anymore.
>>
>>8893442
Which section of fashion are you talking about? Dark or gothic inspired fashion is and has always been popular in street and high fashion. I really don't see an end to it. I mean goth ninja used to be and is still so popular and there is nothing kawaii about it.
>>
File: 3090792_J_J_outfit_effected.jpg (127KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
3090792_J_J_outfit_effected.jpg
127KB, 800x600px
Any tips where to get ega appropriate hats?
I see some more mature/elegant hats from lolita brand now and then, mostly AatP.
On taobao all hats must always be covered excessively in flowers and jewelry.
Victorian Maiden's hat is always sold out in black.
Antique Beast has couple good ones.
>>
>>8894239
Not off the top of my head, sorry. Have you looked at 'normal' gothic hat makers? Etsy? On Taobao, Fox Cherry are the main one I look at. I tend to go for smaller hair accessories as a whole, as I find finding hats that fit and suit me very tricky. Apologies.
>>
Does anyone have a specific favourite item, or a go to piece, in their wardrobe? Is it brand or off-brand? My favourite is a toss-up between my Roland jackets, or a black chiffon blouse that I found for very cheap in a small local boutique about five years ago. It's got lace panels running down the sleeves and across the shoulder yoke. Not having any chiffon under the lace, it looks really striking, especially with the billowy sleeves, which then gather again at the wrists, and have a pussy-bow tie at the neck, which forms a small standing collar. It works with my lolita pieces and my aristo pieces.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 570x760px
>>8894239
I was literally going to ask this same question the other day. It is excruciatingly difficult to find elegant gothic hats that aren't just, like, OTT Renaissance faire hats. I ended up looking everywhere, and settled on a vintage boater/tilt hat I found on Etsy. It will probably be "too normie" for EGL but whatever. Pic related is what I bought.

I would suggest looking at Etsy and eBay for vintage hats. I had the most luck finding things I liked there. Some are completely overpriced, but there are some good ones for decent prices if you're willing to waste an evening looking around online.
>>
>>8901066
also with vintage hats, you can decorate them yourselves. upcycle with decorative trim, veils, chain, etc.; or add jewelry to it.
>>
>>8889643
I wear aristocrat and gothic lolita.
>>
i contributed a pure jgoth division to the chemo challenge thread, i know some of us have closets black as our souls. >>8905510

couldn't resist adding the VAMPS party bit, figured a bit of costumery could be fun

>random EGA coord unrelated
>>
Do people have particular makeup general styles that they prefer for using in Aristo? Post inspo pics. Go!
>>
File: 090131_blue1.jpg (93KB, 688x445px) Image search: [Google]
090131_blue1.jpg
93KB, 688x445px
>>8905819
my makeup game is weak

here is a pic i like tho
>>
File: iiraliina 3.jpg (28KB, 297x400px) Image search: [Google]
iiraliina 3.jpg
28KB, 297x400px
>>8909153
>>
File: muokattu5.jpg (102KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
muokattu5.jpg
102KB, 600x800px
>>8909161
a more dramatic look
>>
some eyeliner looks
>>
File: 1352585015905.png (518KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1352585015905.png
518KB, 600x450px
>page 10

no

check out this lolita family portait, the triangle's all there
>>
File: aristomakeup.png (2MB, 920x1916px) Image search: [Google]
aristomakeup.png
2MB, 920x1916px
>>8905819
hesitantly self posting, but this is how I do my makeup for aristo.
>>
>>8916717
very cool! do you follow any tutorials or just wing it? (ba dum tssh)
>>
>>8917115
I don't use any tutorials. I just kind of do whatever I feel like with that day or that outfit and make it up as I go.
>>
>>8919232
well, it looks very good. you have all my mires.
>>
My BF wants to get into aristocrat and we're in Osaka atm. Any suggestions on which stores that carries aristocrat type of clothing? He isn't that tall, maybe 1.60m and slim, but he has big feet. Does any store carry shoes over size 28cm/45eu?
>>
>>8920095

Atelier Boz. Can't help you with shoes.
>>
>>8920102
Thanks!
I guess regular dress shoes it is.. Atleast they come in different colours and shapes--
>>
>>8920102
>>8920095

Seconding Atelier Boz. Moi Meme Moitie also carries mens' clothing. Alice and the Pirates has mens size stuff, but sadly their stuff these days have been rather lacking on the Aristocrat side of things. They've gone much more cutesy. For shoes, I'd recommend looking at the smarter end of gothic shoes, such as what guys where in Victoriana. I'm not sure about anything more specific than that, sorry. Some dress shoes don't look quite right.
>>
>>8921112
Thanks for the tip, will check them out. When I last visited btssb store, I felt that the aatp section was very small..
Google says there are two baby stores, is there one more exept the one close to dotonburi?
>>
>want to be ouji
>dark skin
>scars
>also acne scars
>hair is curled (I'm african/arab so its not super nappy or anything. just doesn't fit)
can i or nah?
>>
whoops wrong thread
>>
>>8920095
alice auaa's menswear is super super gothic and also often larger than other gothic brands that carry gothic menswead.

for shoes, Yosuke USA is a good Japanese footwear brand that carries mens sizes, but i am not sure how large they go or where they are carried.
>>
>>8923407
Fuckin do it you'd be adorable
>>
>>8923407
Unless you're extremely sensitive skinned and struggle with using any sort of makeup, a good quality foundation designed for covering scars and skin conditions should help. For your hair, if you can't straighten your hair (if you feel it doesn't work), a good quality wig works well.
>>
Any new releases which people have really liked, or maybe bought? On the flip side, anything people have been disappointed by?
>>
>>8926453
sorry i am broke and can afford nothing at the moment. looking forward to the next Moitie release and hoping to have money to buy at least some socks new.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 400x533px
>>8930197
I'd love to see Moitie do more long gilets. I managed to pick one up cheap from Alice Fururun recently and it has no crosses on it, which I like (I feel uncomfy wearing them). I find Moitie's got a real lack atm of any real EGA atm on its we shop sadly. I've really been digging Boz's grey blouses lately. After the success of the grey Sirius blouse, they've also released the Mistress blouse in grey.
>>
>>8930224
more grey is good, and long gilets rock.

h Naoto has many new gothic items, some could work for EGA but many have crosses
>>
>>8934615
I'm not personally much of a fan of h.Naoto's stuff. It's a bit too punky for by liking, but I think it really suits some people. It's just not quite my cuppa. Boz and IW are my favourite brands.
>>
>>8934688
yeah, i like the punky edge. sometimes i find brands like Boz to be a bit too clean-cut for my tastes, while h. Naoto and alice auaa speak to some raggedy vampire rock star inside of me.

>pic related, h. Naoto Blood cloak i cannot afford
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 300x400px
>>8934699
That's pretty cool. I love Boz's bat collar cloaks. They appeal to the Castlevania fangirl in me, although I think they'd look more badass with a chain across the front rather than neckties.

The clean-cut style of Boz is one of the things I love about the brand. It focuses on sophistication and good tailoring rather than being overly fussy, which is very much my taste. Depending on whether I'm going for femme or homme aristo, I go for a look somewhat inspired by Susan Sto Helit from Pratchett's Discworld series, or Mina from the LXG movie, or Castlevania's Alucard, or the Vampire Lestat / Gabrielle de Lioncourt if I'm going for the androgynous vampire rocker look.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.