[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skincare thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 31

File: 1452202233705.png (727KB, 696x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1452202233705.png
727KB, 696x1166px
Post skincare questions, concerns, product recommendations, and other skin related issues here!

Basic skincare routine(s) will be reposted as one of the first few replies to this thread, please open the thread and read them if you're just starting out.
What is chemical exfoliation because we get this question every thread https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1fx45x/ahas_and_bhas_whats_the_difference_and_how_to/
Useful subs are /r/AsianBeauty and SkincareAddiction
If you have a question, please tell us a bit about your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, acne prone, rosacea, eczema etc), current routine, and what you've tried before. Skincare is very individual and the more information we have, the more we can help
Old thread >>8838666
>>
Basic routine for acne prone skin:
The idea of this routine is
- not to irritate your skin with physical exfoliation (i.e. all scrubs, clairsonics etc.) as irritation can lead to acne!
-help clear up current acne
-provide moisture so that your skin doesn't over-produce oil to compensate for you stripping it with harsh cleansers.

Cerave cleanser/Cetaphil for sensitive skin
Thayers witch hazel toner
Spot treatment for active acne/zits (e.g. benzoyl peroxide, neosporin, adapalene)
Cosrx BHA power liquid OR Paula's Choice BHA liquid OR Stridex Red Box
Aloe vera gel to moisturize (try for a really high percentage of aloe with minimal additives, brand is unimportant)
>>
Basic routine:
>cleanser
>toner
>moisturizer

Starter products:
cleanser - Cetaphil or CeraVe

Toner:
witch hazel (preferably Thayer's brand)

Moisturizer:
Cetaphil Lotion, Aloe Vera gel

Those are the basic items we tend to reccomend in threads for people who are just getting started. They also double as products that are good if you have sensitive skin. Now, the point of the steps are:
Cleanser - wash off any accumulated dirt and oils from the day.

Toner - helps pick up anything missed from the cleanser, helps reset the pH of your skin, also low key exfoliates.

Moisturizer - yes this is necessary, even if you have oily skin. You tend to wash off some of the natural oils of your skin when you wash it. This helps trap in moisture and keeps your skin hydrated.
>>
>>8878622
You have multiple steps in your routine that could be drying you out and irritating your skin. I think you might need to stop physically exfoliating with your face brushes and also cut back on the African black soap, as that is pretty alkaline and can be both drying and irritating. Keep your current moisturiser and think about adding a gentle chemical exfoliant to help with your blackheads and whiteheads
>>
>>8876696
Hyaluronic acid serums help hold moisture, so that could be something to look into. It also sounds like you might need multiple moisturizing steps with thicker products, maybe consider the Snail Recovery Gel from Mizon. Whatever you do, introduce it slowly and patch test! Putting a new product all over sensitive skin is not fun if you have a reaction.
>>
Has anyone ever found a product for evening out skin tone that really works? I'm very pale and my skin is practically translucent so every little thing shows. I only get maybe two hormonal pimples a month and while the pimple itself is gone after a few days, it always leaves a little red/brown scar even if I don't touch it. The scars take several months to fade so that leaves me with a bunch of tiny reddish brown patches along the sides of my face, my jaw and my chin.

Currently I'm using a night cream with arbutin, a day cream with niacinamide and rice bran oil + foaming allantoin&glycerin cleanser to wash my face. Also a retinol serum on the worst spots and of course daily SPF. It doesn't really seem to be helping.

It's not the worst problem in the world and I can easily even out my skin tone with bb cream, but I'd like to look a little more even without makeup on.
>>
>>8878903
HA's really good for dehydrated skin as well!

Some recs for dehydrated anons:
>Etude House HA sheet mask
I love love love this one. My face feels so refreshed and looks super plump and hydrated afterwards. Even my wrinkles look better.
>Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream
Be careful with this one. It works really well for a lot of people but will pill a lot if you apply too much. Perhaps even if you don't. Still testing it out, used to dislike it but giving it another shot.
>Benton Snail Bee High Content Lotion
It's so light and absorbs within seconds, I use it in the morning.
>Mizon 8% AHA Serum
HG. Leaps and bounds better than Paula's Choice.

>>8878914
Regular AHA, religious sunscreen application or a thicker layer of BB/cushion if there's not too much sun where you live (I'm literally in the Arctic circle so YMMV). Also consider that you might have some redness/discolouration that you can't really get rid of for good (around your mouth and eyes for example, that's really common).
>>
>>8878914
Vitamin C has started to fade my acne scars
>>
Is Wishtrend a good place to buy Korean skincare products? And what sunscreens do you guys recommend?
>>
Is it a dumb idea to use my Vitamin C serum to lighten my body scars or are there better products for this?
>>
My face is darker than my entire body. Is a liberal use of sunscreen my only hope to evening my skin tone?
>>
>>8879264
That and staying away from the sun. But it's super common anon.
>>
>>8879264
try not being a shitskin
>>
>>8878890

Does this routine also help to remove blackheads?
>>
>>8878953
Yeah I forgot to mention that I already use AHA every day. Currently PC but I'll look into the Mizon one you recommended!

>>8879173
I'll look into a good vitamin C cream or spot corrector, thanks anon.
>>
>>8879307
Not very well, the routine above with BHA is better for that.

>>8879264
Yes. Exfoliating can help get to the new skin faster but the main stay is religious UV avoidance.

>>8879260
Depends if they're just pigmented or raised/the skin there feels thicker as well. For the thickening I would use jojoba oil, vitamin a/e creams and make sure to massage them in as well.
>>
>>8879307
look up "50shadesofsnail blackhead removal" she gives a good routine with a BHA that helps clear out blackheads and SFs.
>>
>>8878953
Just an FYI, BB cream or foundation which contains SPF is not enough sunscreen on its own, even if it's a thick layer. Best to put on a sunscreen lotion first (make sure it's not the type that counteracts the sunscreen in the SPF), let it dry, then put on your bb cream or foundation over it. Through the day, reapply sunscreen over your makeup by gently patting, not smearing, it on. (I like using Biore as the re-applying sunscreen because it absorbs so quickly.)
>>
>>8879567
I know, that's why I said 'I live in a literally sunless place so YMMV'.
>>
>>8879524
The scars are just pigmented
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-23+at+12.27.36).png (177KB, 307x536px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-23+at+12.27.36).png
177KB, 307x536px
>>8879255
Not a korean brand so sorry if that's what you're looking for, but I swear by this

It's kinda expensive though
>>
>>8879591
In that case vitamin c is probably the best bet. Some people use lemon juice because it's cheaper or easier for them than vit c. serums
>>
>>8879907
I'll try it out. Thank you
>>
Any one else have issues with nasolabial folds that are caused by how your cheek fat is distributed (vs wrinkling)? I'm in my early twenties, but I feel like this is super apparent in photos. I'm a very skin care concious person and have been using anti aging products since before I was a teenager, so I don't know if changing my routine would make a difference. Is there anything I can do about this? Would fillers like juvederm work?
>>
File: 16252951101-3-350.jpg (17KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
16252951101-3-350.jpg
17KB, 350x350px
Anyone been using L'oreal RevitaLift Eye Cream for a while? I started using it to try and improve my tear troughs and I'm wondering if it was a good choice at all.
>>
What commercial brands (I don't know how to call it, I'm talking about Brands like Loreal, for example) that has a wide range of product you guys recommend? I'm using Eucerin as moisturizer (I have sensitive skin and this cream make wonders), and Avon for toning, exfoliating and cucumber mask. I wanted to start with cream for my eye wrinkles. I don't have a lot of them but I'm 25.

I can't buy etude or other brands because I can't buy outside my country!
>>
>>8880247
You really need to tell us where you are, not all countries have the same brands or even the same products...
>>
>>8880247
I've had good experiences with Simple and Garnier
>>
>>8880247
Eucerin, La Roche-Posay and Decubal are all solid no-nonsense skincare brands that I'd recommend for sensitive skin, but like >>8880264 said I can't tell you if the latter two are even sold in your country.
I also really like Michael Todd but that stuff gets pricey so I tend to go for Korean alternatives instead.
>>
>>8880264
>>8880289
Ah, sorry! I'm from Argentina and unfortunately we don't have a wide range of brands to chose! And atm buying overseas is a pain in the ass, that's why I'm looking for other brands.

I thought of buying Eucerine but I didn't see a large collection of toners and other creams, just basic stuff.
>>
>>8880335

Someone asked this too on reddit. Hopefully it's also helpful since they live in South America
https://www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/comments/46wt47/best_japanese_online_shopping_for_people_outside/
>>
Any good facial water-resistant sunscreens?
>>
>>8878890
I tried aloe vera gel once, but it only made things worse. it was 98% aloe. what went wrong?
>>
Any recommendations for face wash/soap bars? I have sensitive/pale skin, a few dry patches on my cheeks, and my forehead flakes, but my skin becomes oily quickly. (So I guess combination?
But it's weird so I explained it like so.) I try using a konjac sponge but it doesn't seem to help.
Some kind anons awhile back rec'd me fruit of the earth aloe vera moisturizer and witch hazel toner, so I may be getting those soon-ish.
I've been looking but I'm so unsure what to get because products seem to only be for one or the other, and combination ones end with reviews saying it didn't help their dry spots or the oiliness. I was looking at Drunk Elephant's Pekee and Juju bars, but I'm unsure.
(This is the travel size or whatever that has both instead of the full sized individual bars.) http://www.sephora.com/baby-pekee-bar-tm-juju-bar-tm-travel-duo-P405584?skuId=1802909
>>
Do I apply the BHA after or before the toner?

Is it better to use BHA only in my Tzone (veeery prone to white heads. Basically, they appear everyday) since my skin is really sensitive?
>>
>>8880656
I really enjoy the moisturizer for combination skin that Bodyceuticals produces. Unfortunately, I can't say anything for their face wash, since I think it had an ingredient I'm allergic to, and my regular face wash, Andswere Moiste, doesn't say anything about skin types. It leaves my skin feeling really stripped down and clean without any acid or exfoliating beads though so I would recommend it. I prefer the Bodyceuticals moisturizer over the Andswere Moiste one though. It has a better texture and hydrates the dryness without causing oil issues. I use the Bodyceuticals orange blossom toner with aloe for my toner. That and then the fruity-smelling moisturizer just smells amazing and is really refreshing. (None of it is from artificial scents. That's just how the natural ingredients in the moisturizer smell.
>>
Where can I find a refillable travel skincare kit?
>>
>>8880650
You might have an allergy or sensitivity to aloe vera.

>>8880683
After a ph adjusting toner (if you use one) and before a hydrating toner.
>>
I'm not quite sure if this may be accepted but here is my current skincare routine for combination acne prone skin. These are just products I use that may help out some of you!

>cleanser
Olé Hendrikson aloe vera cleanser with a Boscia sponge (if that matters)
>moisturizer
Just...plain aloe vera gel, really.
>spot treatment
Olé Hendrikson's benzoyl peroxide spot treatment. I use it mainly for acne scars or surprise zits.

>additional items
Nature Republic's aloe vera and cucumber mask do me such justice on those REALLY stressful days.
>>
>>8880650
The 2% could have been alcohol or colorant. If you have sensitive skin it might have irritated you.
>>
Something to fade stretch marks? I've been using cocoa butter (with vitamin e) with shea butter for two weeks now every day. No difference. Am I doing something wrong?

Sucks that these marks showed up for no reason 3 weeks ago (no weight gain or loss, just happened).
>>
>>8880699
I found the bodyceuticals site easily, it's the "Calendula + Antioxidant Purifying Facial Creme" in the white jar, right? But I'm googling around and can't find Andswere Moiste, I'm not even getting relevant results. Is there a site for it or is it an in-stores only brand? I've never heard of it before. (I'm in the US, if that matters.)
>>
>>8881606
This. You need to make sure you get 100% aloe vera gel for this reason.
>>
>>8880710
Places like Target sell travel sized things of cetaphil, aloe vera gel, eucarin. Just pick up a little bottle for your toner.
>>
>>8880904
Anon, where is your toner?
>>
File: rose.jpg (117KB, 610x813px) Image search: [Google]
rose.jpg
117KB, 610x813px
I've been using cetaphil for nearly a month and I'm ready to pick up a toner. Planning on picking up pic related from https://well.ca/index.html and they offer free shipping for orders over 30$ CAD. Is there another product or two worth picking up while I'm there? (Or a better website if you think this one is lame)

My skin is dry and somewhat sensitive. I don't think it's as acne prone as I used to think. I'm using an aveeno facial lotion with spf 15 (and sparkles..?) So I'm open to a better lotion. I'm also looking for an eye cream because my under eye area is really puffy.

Thanks in advance!
>>
About a month or so ago I started breaking out really badly- all over my face and chest. I assumed my period was the cause but in that time my skin has gotten even worse. I haven't done anything different in my skin routine or tried anything new. In fact, around that time I actually began to drink more water but that can't be the cause of it right? What can I try to get my skin under control
>>
>>8878880
Since moving to southern California a few years ago I've developed retarded looking dark hyperpigmentation (I tjink?) spots above my upper lip. It seriously looks like a moustache and I hate it and want to die. I'm using an okay sunscreen now but I'd love suggestions both for fading the spots, brightening/whitening the skin, and really if anyone knows a good non-greasy sunscreen that works nicely under foundation/bb cream I'm all ears for that as well. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated, anons. If it helps I'm 27 and of a mixed Slavic and southern European extraction with a generally pale complexion, no real acne to speak of.
>>
>>8879975
Fillers are probably your best bet, since that's a fat distribution issue rather than an aging related one.
>>
>>8881724
Vitamin c, niacinamide, biore aqua watery gel sunscreen.
>>
>>8881660

Oh I totally forgot to add that! Apologies. I use Olé Hendrikson's aloe toner as well.
>>
>>8878880
used those acne patches and they work pree well
that's my small review thx
>>
>>8881708
What do you use already? Have you got a bha and/or aha in your routine?
>>
>>8880656
Ignore whether it's for oily or dry skin and just look for something pH balanced for sensitive skin. Your other products (toner moisturiser etc) will be more important in managing the oily/dry part particularly if you've previously been stripping your skin of its natural barriers
>>
Can you use BHA and AHA together one after the other?
>>
>>8883685
Yes, most people leave a 15 min gap though.
>>
So a lot of the time I go to the gym in the early evening, and shower when I get home, including washing my face. Then I stay up another few hours, not leaving my apartment or anything though. Should I do my nighttime routine after my shower and then not worry about anything before I go to bed, or should I just rinse my face in the shower and do my routine right before bed?
>>
>>8883779
Just do your routine then
>>
Anyone ever gotten a chemical peel? Or even know someone who has had one?

Also has anyone had laser hair removal on their face/chin area? I've got some hairs on there amongst the peach fuzz that really bother me, visually. (I'm female btw)
>>
>>8883935
Yes, I'm MtF and can confirm laser hair hurts like a bitch but has results after 5-6 months
How much hair are we talking? It hurts less the less hair there is and the lighter it is, but it also has less success rate if you have lighter hairs and darker skin
>>
>>8884181
>mtf
I'm sorry for your mental illness, anon.
>>
File: 1456047181914.png (1MB, 2000x1507px) Image search: [Google]
1456047181914.png
1MB, 2000x1507px
>>8884184
Me too :^)
>>
Has anyone heard of or tried or know anything about dermarolling?
>>
Has anyone tried the carbonated bubble clay mask? What benefits is it meant to have?
>>
>>8884379
which brand you retard?
>>
>>8884392
There's only one you piece of shit.

>>8884235
I have it and used it a couple times. It'll make your skin feel really soft after you wash it off, but it gets ticklish when it bubbles. I'm not sure if it's done much for my pores but my skin hasn't broken out from it and that's always a good thing.
>>
>>8884181
I have light skin and blonde hairs, but it is a big insecurity of mine since you can see it when I take high quality photos for cosplay. Its not really enough to be considered a beard but still grows prettty long if I don't pluck certain areas.
>>
>>8884400
1. there are knockoffs now
2. anon still should have known what you meant
both wrong!
>>
>>8884570
I think you would be better off with just waxing it then friendo, laser would be a waste of money in my opinion! You could always go for a consultation on it, those are usually free, and see what they say though?
>>
I've been using a combination of rosehip oil and camellia oil for lightning dark circles.

I use a sakura cleansing oil by dr morita to remove makeup.

My toners vary depending on what my needs are. I don't have breakouts very much anymore, so I use rosewater. When it is near my period, I use apple cider vinegar diluted with water. Also use rice water as my face exfoliate.

I made a body scrub from whipped cream and sea salt that I really like. I'm going to try experimenting with finely ground almonds for a body scrub with some lavender next. I also really like to facial steam now and again with herbs.

I do purchase my facial masks as opposed to making them though. I really am fond of that mint julep mask by queen helene and ones from my beauty diary. Have had very bad experiences with tea tree products though.
>>
>>8884400
there are fakes you crusty cum dump

>>8884589
>passing up a chance to insult retards

no
>>
Is Lancôme good? I got a bunch on itens as a gift (toners, anti aging cream and demaquillant) but all reviews I see is just they are overpriced bullshit. Any opinions here?
>>
>>8884774
You should just try them out for yourself, anon. Especially since you've spent no money to acquire them and you have some.

Two cents: I've used the makeup remover myself and so has a friend of mine. It works nicely and doesn't hurt like makeup wipes. The only anti aging product from them that I've found to be fantastic is the advanced genifique concentrate. No breakouts from it, not sticky like the drops of youth from the body shop, and nicely moisturizing.
>>
I know that multiple moisturizers is okay (Emulsion, cream and then sleeping packs.) but.. am I using too many products?

>Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect cleansing cream.
>Skinfood Peach Sake Pore serum on T-zone/oily areas.
>Benton SnailBee high content essence all over.
>Skinfood Peach Sake pore emulsion all over.
>Benton SnailBee high content steam cream on dry areas.
>Skinfood Tomato whitening sleeping pack every second night.

And Skinfood Black Sugar perfect mask and Lailly's 7-second Snail mask a couple of times a week on alternating nights.
>>
>>8885270
My way of looking at it is - does your skin agree with everything, does using that many products seem to help you, and does every product serve a purpose? If there's not much difference in your skin, then you need to change something, whether that's cutting out or adding in steps
>>
Starting using BHA and the blackheads on my nose are slowly clearing up however now it looks like iv'e got mini holes covering my nose, what do? Is there anything that can minimize this or will it get better as i continue using the BHA?
>>
>>8885734
This is my worry too, would be interested to know
>>
My skin is just kind of....there

Like, there's no real problems, but I feel like it could be better. It's pretty acne-free, I have occasional redness, and normal sebaceaous filaments. I do struggle with dark circles. Is there anything to take my skin to the next level? I currently use:

>Etude House Happy Collagen cleanser (But I just bought cetaphil today to try) at night
>Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid morning and night
>Hada Labo UV gel during the day
>Olay All Day moisturizer at night, since it's too heavy for the daytime

I also occasionally use Cure Aqua Gel, a charcoal mask, and various sheet masks.

I'm thinking I should replace the olay moisturizer....Maybe something with snail or bee venom?
>>
>>8885983
You could try snail. Its good for moisturizing and increasing skin elasticity. I haven't had it clog my pores and I have very oily skin. If you favor Etude products and want a light moisturizer, you could instead give their moistfull flower cream a shot. I've used it during the summer months and it is a lot less heavy compared to their normal collagen line and the shea butter line.
>>
I keep getting recurring cystic acne.

Will topical treatments work, or should I just rip it out?

This thing has been hanging around for months.
>>
>>8886435
Hot compresses/sulfur/etc to bring it to a head and then topical
>>
Hello, I figured this would be a good place to ask. My dermaologist recently put me on birth control to help with my acne since it seemed to be hormonal. My acne has been clearing up nicely, but my period seems to have changed? My period normally only lasts three days and it a bit heavy. However it's been 5 days now and I still have my period. It's lighter and a bit spotty, but I don't think I've had a period this long in years? Is this normal?
>>
>>8887345
That's normal for birth control. You usually have a week off the hormones which gives you a withdrawal bleed/"period" which is normally lighter, but can last that whole week. If you don't want it to be so long ask if you can run the hormone pills together

>>8885734
>>8885768
It really depends, some people just have big pores anyway. I have to say that mine looked better after a couple of months but that's because I had massive blackheads stretching then open before, not just sebaceous filaments...
>>
Is vaseline ok to use as a makeup remover? I'll use cerave foaming cleanser right after.
>>
>>8884606
Ooh good idea, I didn't think about that. Thank you, anon!
>>
>>8887672
It's too thick and probably won't work as well as an oil cleanser, plus may be difficult to get off
>>
>>8887446
They mentioned that I had a week of white "reminder" pills, the rest of the box was orange. It doesn't really bother me, so much as I'm worried because I guess a period is supposed to be about a week? Mine has been off for a few years now, and I guess it reflected in my skin that something was wrong.
>>
My skin is driving me crazy, gulls. I have dry patches on my face (eyelids to side of nose to on top of my lips), but whenever I try to moisturize it with something heavier than Aveeno (which doesn't help much), I get pimples. It gets inflamed/irritated/red sometimes too. Has anyone had this issue? Is there anything I can try?
>>
File: 1386570010850.png (356KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1386570010850.png
356KB, 572x380px
>tfw nose too big for sheet masks
It's a strong triangle (think Lois from Family Guy) so the sides of my nose don't get any of the mask. I'd imagine it's not that big of a deal since I rub the remaining serum all over my face but it still feels weird to wear.

Any recommendations for peels or wash off masks? I've been using Boscia Luminizing Black Facial Peel Mask and love it but always like to keep a variety of masks on hand. I like moisturizing and deep cleaning masks. I try to steer clear of exfoliating masks just because my skin is sensitive.
>>
>>8888132
try First Aid Beauty Repair Cream. You can pick it up at Sephora or Ulta. My skin is very sensitive so I use hypoallergenic products and stuff that don't have irritants, and this stuff helps with the eczema and random rashes I get sometimes. It's also a great heavy moisturizer, I think it would really help.
>>
>>8888129
Nah, anywhere between 2-7 days is normal for your period (as long as it stays the same, changing from one month to the next is weird). You can also get hormonal acne without diagnosable hormone issues like PCOS, so just because B.C helps your acne doesn't necessarily mean there was anything "wrong" with your hormones. On birth control the length of your period is regulated by the break from the b.c. hormones which is why it's different.
>>
>>8880641
Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream is supposedly quite good
>>
>>8888694
Ohh, ok. Thank you for explaining it to me, that makes sense!
>>
I've just started being really consistent with skin care and I'm getting more cystic acne now. I have oily skin with acne all over my face, but particularly bad on the sides of my mouth by my chin. I used to get 1-2 cysts a year that would last about a month. Since I started better skincare about 4 months ago, I've gotten 3 cysts and a pre-existing one now lasting around 6 months. Is it my routine? Or am I just unlucky?

Morning:
>Cerave Foaming Facewash
>witch hazel
>Stridex red box
>Cerave standard moisturizer
>Biore uv aqua rich watery essence sunscreen

Night:
>Cerave Foaming Facewash
>witch hazel
>Cerave standard moisturizer
>>
>>8889635
witch hazel is fine, biore sunscreen is fine

consider washing only with water in the morning. after all you don't wear makeup at night.

also consider switching to non sudsing washes. I avoid the chemical SLS when it comes to face stuff completely.

in my experience the biggest changes, both positive and negative, come from moisturizers and treatments. After all they stay on your face all day. Personally I disliked ceraves moisturizer. I also disliked stridex as it left a residue and seemed to make pores clog more. Id recommend doing a bare necessity routine and trying a different cleanser and moisturizer. My favorite brands are eclos and dermaE. DermaE's hyaluronic acid day cream is my favorite moisturizer, maybe you'd like it. And eclos has a oil cleanser that washes off like soap, its pretty good.
>>
I feel embarrassed even asking, but here goes nothing. I have a straight up moustache and sideburns. And it's super noticeable. How on earth do I keep this shit at bay? So far, I've just been shaving, but that's starting to irritate my skin pretty bad. Are there any alternatives I can use to remove it? (I'm almost tempted to use Nair on my face.)
>>
>>8889744
Waxing or threading will last longer and you won't get so much stubble.
>>
>>8889744
The epistick. Waxing is too damaging on the skin
>>
TonyMoly has arrived at the Ulta skincare section! I just stopped by and got a 2 in 1 set of the Natural Green Moisture Foam Cleanser for 11 bucks. Cant find reviews so I hope its good
>>
File: howcouldthishappentome.jpg (986KB, 1275x2048px) Image search: [Google]
howcouldthishappentome.jpg
986KB, 1275x2048px
>>8888620 here, sorry for more whining but I thought I'd at least whine in the correct thread. Sorry about the creepy pic.

Can I get a second opinion on what the fuck is going on with my face? It's hard to ge a good photo but this is what I look like right now. They're almost all active bumps, my scars tend to heal within a week. I've picked at my chin a little, but everything else is untouched. It looks like a reaction to a bad product, but there's not really any products I could be reacting to atm, I haven't worn makeup for days yet it's getting worse. I've been using /cgl/s basic skincare regimen of cerave and witch hazel for about a year, it hasn't given me issues before. It doesn't look like stress acne because those tend to be large cysts on the jaw and forehead, for me at least. I'm eating well, drinking water, sleeping on a clean pillowcase, moisturizing thoroughly. I haven't changed a thing since my skin was perfectly clear.

Any other possible culprits? Anon in the last thread suggested that certain things may not be the main culprit but could be further irritating, which I'm keeping in mind.

>>8889744
I'd suggest using a face and arm bleach! I use it every month or so on my upper lip and used to do my arms as well. It just bleaches the hair so it looks like peach fuzz. It's good if you have thin but dark hair. If the hair is really thick I'd probably look into laser, but it doesn't hurt to try a $7 bleach kit.
>>
>>8888234
My beauty diary masks are all really good. Innisfree is nice, too. As for which "flavors" that's up to personal preference and what each mask is designed for but they all hydrate.
>>
>>8890377
Nothing to do with your foundation routine, everything to do with your skin routine. Fix that, fix everything. If you're oily you will need a specific moisturiser. Moisturising 'thoroughly' with a cream one is just going to fuck you up.
>>
I'm in my mid-twenties and I want to claw the skin off my face right now.

For maybe two years, I was on a regime of sulfur and adapalene, which kept most of my face clear but gave me the occasional hard nodule and made my chin flake horribly no matter how much moisturizer I used. Because of that, when I moved, I went to a new derm. He changed things up to adapalene and metronidazole. That made the flaking stop and I haven't gotten cysts lately, but now I get whiteheads (which I never got with the adapalene) and wet, juicy papules. I went back three months after that and he put me on antibiotics. I'm about seven weeks into the antibiotics and nothing has gotten better -- if anything, it's gotten slightly worse than before I was on the antibiotics.

But at the last visit, the doc said that if the antibiotics didn't work, he'd put me on spironolactone, which I'm excited about because (1) I tend to flare up the week before my period and (2) I'm super oily. I think this could be the magic bullet (maybe combined with going back on adapalene everywhere but my jaw). But my next appointment is in early April. Because you're supposed to let antibiotics have three months to work, I'm reticent to try rescheduling. But I want to reschedule so bad. I've actually been backsliding on these antibiotics over the last two months, not making progress, and I don't want another month of backsliding.

Ugh. Adult acne is the fucking worst.
>>
>>8890377
Use aloe vera gel as a moisturizer, it's good for oily skin. Try drinking apple cider vinegar, it helps with skin health and acne. Also are you on birth control? Sometimes cystic acne is caused by your hormones.

You should also add a BHA. It is an active that deep cleans your pores and helps prevents acne from occuring. For oily skin like yours I would suggest stridex red box.

So routine:
>same cleanser, same toner
>aloe vera gel for moisturizer
>BHA

Also stop picking! It spreads the bacteria and causes more acne.
>>
>>8890671
What is your skincare routine aside from using antibiotics?
>>
>>8891405
>drinking acv

That shit is too acidic and erodes enamel over time. This is like women who drink it in an attempt to get rid of pussy odor and then their teeth go to shit.
>>
>>8890390
The Face Shop's are better and less overpriced. Same with Dermal.
>>
File: a91.jpg (61KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
a91.jpg
61KB, 500x406px
Has anyone else found aha/bha completely useless? Its hard for me not to roll my eyes at all of these so-called life changing claims. I can get that everyone's skin is different, but all a bha did was dry me the fuck out even with once a week usage. Everyone I know who has great skin never bothered to incorporate these into their routines. Is it just a white person thing?
>>
>>8891947
I actually really like AHAs but I'll agree they're pretty over hyped. I use the mizon one.
>>
>>8891947
Skincare is one of the most YMMV things. My way of looking at it is that some people have fantastic skin genetics, others have shit ones. The people I know with the best skin don't do anything to it, but they don't have to do anything to it - whereas if I try the do nothing approach I have constant forehead zits on rotation.
I think AHA and BHA are really trendy at the moment because everyone's realized that microbeads are bad and irritation is bad and there are some pretty average studies that have suddenly come to the attention of the western speaking world.
For me personally - I started getting acne at about 16 and am in my mid 20s, and I know some of the things that influence it are wearing certain makeup products, hormones (definitely monthly variation) and humidity/sweating more. Things that have been useless for me include birth control (3 different combined pills including ones targeted at acne), prescription retinoids, oral antibiotics, antimicrobial creams (like clindamycin, erythromycin, etc.), tea tree oil, witch hazel, apple cider vinegar, clay masks, oil cleansing (never again, holy fuck), dietary changes, changing your pillow case daily. But that doesn't mean they don't work for others, and that others don't swear by them.
My current holy grails which actually make a difference are AHA/BHA in combination, with AHA cream at night. I'm Asian, so it can't just be a white person thing.
>>
>>8891657
Morning:
- Rinse face with cold water.
- Apply, lather, and rinse off the sulfur sulfacetamide.
- Cetaphil moisturizer.
- Apply a thin layer of metronidazole.

Evening:
- Use Boscia Tsubaki oil cleaner to strip everything off.
- Repeat morning.
>>
Ok serious question
Does derma rolling actually help with scars/wrinkles?

It seems too good to be true, there has to be something off, right?
>>
>>8892125
I read once that it made one anon's large pores even more noticeable, so I've been steering clear.
>>
>>8881632

It doesn't work. They're there forever. Sucks, but that's life.
>>
>>8881632
2 weeks is not very long, do you use it at least twice per day and have you tried products containing vitamin A, C or niacinamide? The other anon is right they generally only fade rather than disappear completely

>>8892080
Have you tried adding additional chemical exfoliation or moisture steps?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-02-14-26-56.png (1003KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-02-14-26-56.png
1003KB, 1440x2560px
Figured someone here used these brands! Looks like they have to be sold by Amazon and ship through Prime.

Here's a link for all the qualifying brands:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&node=7352939011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=0RTR8BDB3V0QJARSAZKR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2394951862&pf_rd_i=7175545011&linkCode=sl2&tag=hip2savecoupons-20&linkId=9fe458e684f36447bad793b4cd9bd6d7
>>
>>8890390
>>8891842
I will check out all the brands and see what I find! Thanks! Any personal recommendations?
>>
>>8892537
For MBD I'd recommend the black pearl, aloe, and Mexico cactus, as well as the rose from the aroma series. All very hydrating.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
I just started using konjac sponges

MY FACE IS SO SOFT
>>
Are any of you vegan here? I'm interested to see if any popular products are cruelty free and if anyone can recommend a vegan skincare routine.
>>
I recently started a full acne routine from my dermatologist. I've been using products from him for a long time but I haven't ever been able to keep up the full routine he'd wanted to use on me because of peeling/redness/discomfort.

I went back to him after a few months and he told me to push through and try it, so that's what I'm doing now!

This time I'm determined to see it through, but my face has just gotten much worse over the last couple of weeks since starting, with the addition of red areas on my face/neck that have rough texture, and itchy peeling in addition to lots of small whiteheads and blackheads appearing that I didn't have problems with before.

To me it looks like my skin is just "purging" everything and I don't know how long it's going to take before it starts to work.

Am I doing this right? It's hard to focus on the end result with all of this crap on my face, haha.

Also- what's a good product to help ease discomfort? I have Cetaphil moisturizer already.
>>
Kind of new to skincare. My eyelids get really dry. More so a bit under my eyebrows by my nose. It started on my right eye and I put some hydrocortozone cream on it and it seemed to help but it kept coming back and now it's on both eyes and it's super irritating. I've tried lotion and moisturizer too and it just feels like nothing really helps and that is the only place I have dry skin. I rarely wear makeup so I don't think it could be that but even when I do, the primer and stuff never seems to completely cover it. Is there anything I can do?

Also my skin I would say is somewhat combination?
>>
>>8892754
Pure aloe vera gel
>>
>>8878880
So I have tried googling this and everything that comes up is stupid new age/ "natural" brands shilling. I read an interview with a dermatologist that said silicone is bad for the skin and causes aging. I know silicone is in a lot of the new foundations and primers and want to avoid it. Does anyone know other very common makeup ingredients in high end or drugstore stuff that have been scientifically shown to cause aging? I don't care about nail polish, foundation and eye makeup is what worries me since it's on delicate skin
>>
>>8891947
I'm white and had horrific cystic acne and oily skin. I had to go on accutane but even when I was done I had some deep lying cysts that did not go away. So I incorporated a BHA and that has been drawing the cysts to the surface when nothing else had. It's very slow going, it's been two months since I started, and the cysts are almot gone. So yes, I think BHA/AHA products are worth it, but you also have to take in consideration that not all BHA/AHAs are made the same. I could never use Stridex redbox because my skin is too sensitive, and Paula's Choice didn't appeal to me. I like the Cosrx because it's for sensitive skin and doesn't dry my skin out like a lot of things do. Also not everyone needs a BHA/AHA, like everyone's saying, skin differs person to person. Some people are born lucky with nice skin without even a basic skincare routines. And then you have people like me who got fucked over. If you really want a BHA try a different one. It's the same thing with other products, it didn't fit your skin, so you get rid of it and try again.
>>
>>8891837
Are you serious? You add a tablespoon to a glass of water, it's right on the side of the Bragg's bottle. It's straght up a health drink with vitamins and shit in it.
Stop running your mouth about things you've never done research on.
>>
File: braggs brouchure.png (697KB, 1053x755px) Image search: [Google]
braggs brouchure.png
697KB, 1053x755px
>>8893656
This. Unfiltered ACV with the "mother" is a good source of potassium and active enzymes, blahblah. My doctor actually got me started drinking a glass a day to help me with my digestion problems, it's definitely an aquired taste but it's pretty good for you. There's lots of youtube videos and articles floating around about how it benefits skin health and acne, it's kind of a daily shot of shit that can only benefit you. Anon obviously doesn't know what they're talking about if they've actually lurked these threads and seen how often people mention ACV "with the mother".
>>
I've got a lot of grey undertones on my skin around my chin and mouth, and of course my eyes. Even when I wear foundation, it still shows up! I've tried putting a little bit of orange foundation on before I put my regular one to even it out, but that doesn't do much. Is there anything I can do to even the tone out?
>>
>>8893655
Do you know if either the BHA or AHA liquid is what is used in Cosrx's 'Blackhead and pore zero patch' ?

I got really bad, really irregular cystic acne after two weeks of extreme sweating, no facewashing and missing pills.
After two weeks of being home and looking after my face with my regular routine it was healing at an absolute crawl, so I decided to whack one of those patches on my forehead (Because fuck, it couldn't have gotten any worse.) and it drew everything out. Big gross yellow spots all over the patch and after two uses my face is back to being fine.

I want to buy more of them to use when I get really bad in-grown hairs, but if it's one of these liquids (or both?) I'll just get them..
>>
Is two weeks to test if something is working is too short? Or rather, how am I suppose to know if a product I'm using not giving me a reaction?

Trying out Hada Labo foaming cleanser and I'm getting small bumps but it's not like I'm breaking out bad. I don't want to discard it over something that is a normal reaction
>>
>>8893737
Bha, but it sounds like it may have been having a patch to absorb some of the stuff from your skin was helpful too.

>>8893835
Bumps in places you don't normally get them sounds like a bad reaction. Two weeks is definitely long enough.
>>
So... I wanted to try the Cosrx Advanced Snail 92 AIO cream but something went kinda wrong. The first two days my skin felt really nice and smooth, later I got tiny bumps around my mouth and chin (it wasn't visible but you could feel it), my cheeks and the sides of my nose dried out as hell. Since three days I only put on Nivea cream (the one in the tin) to get rid of those bumps and dryness - it's better now. Is this an allergic reaction? It doesn't seem to have any effects on my hand/arm though (I put it on my arm for further testing reasons).

And so far my routine:
> Avene Cleanance Gel (using every other day to use up), otherwise just water
> witch hazel as toner
> Vit C serum since January (old acne scars, anti-aging)
> some no-name moisturizer (which I used up)
> sunscreen occasionally (ordered Bioré UV Aqua Rich for daily use, have to try it out when my skin is back to normal again)
My skin is normal(?) and sometimes a little bit dry in spots and a little bit oily on the nose, no major problems with acne since the witch hazel treatment. Biggest issue is to get rid of the dark old acne scars.

What moisturizer would you gulls recommend - I feel lost here but was thinking about aloe vera gel. Or how could I improve my newbie-routine?
>>
File: howls_hair_despair.png (399KB, 1071x602px) Image search: [Google]
howls_hair_despair.png
399KB, 1071x602px
You all helped me out last thread with some suggestions for changing my routine and why I might be experiencing breakouts that never seem to get better. (Hi, I'm the cystic acne boyfriends have been assholes anon.)

I established a routine, but need a bit more help.

Morning:
>Aveeno Positively Radiant brightening cleanser
>Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer
>Holika Holika petit clearing bb

Night:
>up&up blue baby wipe
>Thayer's Rose Petal witch hazel
>Neutrogena Hydro Boost eye gel
>Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizer

Okay. Here's where I'm messed up. I ditched the Aveeno Clear Complexion foaming cleanser because it was suggested it was drying me out (it was). No improvement. A few days ago, I ran out of my Aveeno cleanser and had to settle for Irish Spring bar soap instead.

Why is my skin improving now? Is it really my cleanser? It seems like every cleanser I choose breaks me out or aggravates my skin. Gels break me out badly, so do creams, but foams dry me out. Cetaphil gave me awful nodular/cystic/insert technical term here acne. I used it for a month, and I was in so much pain I had to stop. I've used them with and without salicylic acid, and with and without physical exfoliation (which is a no-no for me).

So, do I just keep on with the bar soap? I know it's supposed to be absolutely awful for your skin. Is there a better alternative, or is it not as terrible as people say?

Also, my eye areas seem super happy and refreshed now that I've added the hydro boost gel. Is hydroluronic acid a good idea as far as controlling oil and keeping skin from drying out? I know it's purpose is to trap water and hold onto it. Does anyone think it's worth a go?

I've had a hard time finding a good aloe gel that doesn't have a lot of preservatives (any suggestions?) and I haven't added AHA/BHA yet because I'd like to go slow.

mfw at the end of this whole saga.
>>
While I did get a lot of zits throughout puberty, none of them were ever blackheads.

Now that I'm in my 20's, I'm finally home free from the wrath of puberty, but now I'm getting blackheads

aside from waiting months on end for them to get infected enough to pinch out the clog, what am I supposed to do about these assholes?
>>
Is there any difference between the bha products like Paula's Choice or the Cosrx one versus whatever 2% salicylic acid shit you can get at the drugstore?
>>
I have heard about people using lemon juice to reduce the appearance of acne scars. Is this bullshit, or does it actually work?
>>
>>8894697
Well...people used to put lemon juice on their hair and sit in the sun to lighten it, so I guess it could theoretically help with skin. It is quite acidic though so could cause more irritation

>>8894670
Yes and no. The problem with most drugstore stuff is that it's not at the correct pH and most of the time it's creams, cleansers or ointments rather than lotions/liquid exfoliators. Most of the Paula's Choice BHA formulations are more liquid or gel, and Cosrx is very liquid. This is helpful if creams make you break out.

>>8894668
You could try a blackhead stick (with the loops), BHA/AHA or clay masks.

>>8894646
Soaps are generally considered bad because they have such a high pH and strip off the oils in your skin. Have you tried oil/emulsion cleansers?
Hyaluronic acid is pretty good as a moisturising step, and your eye gel has that as an ingredient so it seems to work for your skin. I have always bought my aloe gel just from the drugstore as we have a couple of good local brands, but I think Holika Holika has a high percentage aloe gel.

>>8893891
Aloe vera gel might be worth trying. If you want more brightening effects consider using the Benton or Mizon snail creams as moisturizers, they contain niacinamide which is supposed to be helpful in brightening.
>>
>>8893891
What you were getting from the snail cream were probably closed comedones. It means either your skin wasn't clean enough when you put the cream on, or the cream is too heavy for your skin and was clogging your pores. Honestly, as long as your skin is clear and you're not getting new acne, stick with your routine. Scars just need time to go away. Take care to wear sunscreen (REAL sunscreen, not just moisturizer with SPF) when you go out into the sun to prevent them from darkening further.
>>
>>8894646
>baby wipe
There is half your fucking problem. Baby and makeup remover wipes don't do shit for cleaning your face and usually just make you break out while giving you annoying dry flakey patches. When taking off make-up, use an actual make-up remover or cold cream with cotton pads or cotton balls. Then use the cleanser after that.
>>
>>8894697
I've tried it, it's alright as long as you use actual lemon juice and not the squirt bottle you buy at the store. Honestly though, you get better results from vitamin c serum.
>>
>>8894646

This is problem one. It has microbeads in it, thus making it a phsyical exfoliant. I actually use this about twice a week to help exfoliate. I used to use it every day and it took me months to realize it was irritating my skin and contributing to my acne. Buy a regular cleanser to replace it. Also you need to use your toner twice a day, basic routine is cleaner, toner, moisturizer twice a day, every day.

Second, don't use a bar of soap. It's overly drying like foam cleansers, and gets bacteria build up over time, that you then rub onto your face.

Aloe gel, just get Fruit of the Earth, you want something that is clear and says 100% aloe vera gel. Lily of the desert is good if you are willing to spend more. Don't buy anything with added color or aclohol in it.

Honestly though, when you run out of something, replace it right away. How the hell did Cetaphill, the most gentle of cleansers, break you out when you're fine using Irish Spring of all things on your face. Get Ceravee or something. You also seem to be throwing product after product at your skin and not giving it time to calm down between switching around. Consistency is your best friend with skincare, constantly changing and switching out products will just hurt you in the long run. Only introduce one product at a time, and then give your skin a month or two to adapt, otherwise you risk having a horrible reaction and then not know which product is causing it.
>>
>>8881634
Sorry for the late reply. That's the right bodyceuticals cream. I bought the Andswere Moiste face wash in a store, so maybe it isn't listed on the Internet. It wasn't a small local brand, so I'm not sure why it's being hard to find. There was a website on the bottle. I just went to visit it, and there's nothing there, so maybe they've gone out of business.
>>
File: skinareshit.jpg (389KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
skinareshit.jpg
389KB, 2400x1800px
Looking for some advice/suggestions
I have combo skin, oliy in my t-zone cheeks tend to be pretty dry.
Acne/ cystic acne prone (In the middle of a break out right now), annoying sebum & blackheads in cheek/nose. Skin seems to get red/irritated easily.

This is my routine so far - just recently started, so may be to early to tell for results wise. So far seems good.
I do the same thing am & pm - recently added the FAB Moisturizer, when I feel my skin needs a little extra.

I only mask or exfoliate once a week, if I remember.
I've not tired the Aztec mask yet. I've been using the mint julep mask for awhile and I don't know if I really have seen results, but my skin feels soft. eh.

Looking for suggestions on spot treatments and a good spf
And really advice on my routine so far.
I have Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid coming in the mail, so will be adding that as well. If that goes well, I want to add a vit c serum.

yeah long winded post.
>>
Uuuugh, /cgl/..

This is a photo of my boyfriend's hand that he just took.
It definitely isn't eczema or psoriasis. He's used all kinds of prescription steroid creams to no avail.
I'm certain that it's only staying so bad because when it dries and cracks, he'll scratch and dig at it until it's raw and bleeding instead of letting it heal.

I want to get him something to chemically exfoliate (AHA? Glycolic acid?), and a humectant (Hyaluronic acid?) to stop it from drying and cracking so that he won't fuckin' pick at it.

Can anybody recommend some good products that match these descriptions? I'm about to put in a RoseRoseShop order, so all the better if I can get it there.
>>
>>8894778
I completely forgot, but I was looking for eye care suggestions too.
>>
>>8894779
that's eczema...
>>
>>8894795
Not according to several qualified doctors and dermatologists.
>>
>>8894779
Mine has eczema, I know how irritating and painful it is to hear them pick/tear at skin.

If it's not e/p or diagnosed, it could be an issue that's being exacerbated by him picking at it. I would bet if he managed to leave it alone for a month and avoided things that would cause drying(ex long hot showers) it would improve.

As far as exfoliating and moisturizing went, coconut oil and oatmeal helped my boyfriend(did nothing for the itch, but he wasn't flaking and smelled delicious). I'm not a "natural nut", but in delicate cases your standard OTC products probably won't do much to help.

Too much constant steroid use can also make it worse, which sucks.
>>
>>8894802
>several qualified doctors and dermatologists still cant determine what it is and find the right treatment for it

uh huh.
>>
>>8894729
I tried the Neutrogena light cleansing oil in the blue bottle last year. After using it for a few weeks, and trying the double cleansing method, I decided it wasn't for me. It took off all my makeup nicely, and my skin was dewy (bordering on greasy), but it broke me out. I don't do well with mineral oil, maybe? I also tried Simple Micellar water, but it seemed to break me out too. I'll look for the Holika gel. Thanks!

>>8894762
I preface this by saying I'm not trying to be salty, but using a baby wipe and then my cleanser has done the least amount of damage thus far. Over the years I have tried things like Ponds or Noxema or the Neutrogena makeup remover, and they either made me itchy, or broke me out. I know it's not a good choice, which is why I'm asking for help. It's just what's working right now. If you have specific suggestions, I'm open to them. I can Google this shit all day, but it doesn't help me in terms of how to apply the product to my skin type or knowing what precautionary measures to take. Sorry. I'm not dumb, I just don't know what's better.

>>8894772
Time between products and one at a time is the rule I always try to follow. Everything listed are products I have been using for at least a few months, except the toner, which I just added this week. I'll add it to my morning routine too, thanks for the direction. I'll also look at Cerave. I'm not sure why the Cetaphil didn't work for me, but it was the only product I had changed or added during that time period, and the problem stopped when I went back to my old cleanser. This was two or three years ago, though. Not terribly recent. I changed my regimine from Neutrogena to Aveeno in September of 2015, but haven't made any other modifications.
>>
>>8894779
If you're sure it's not some sort of infection, fungal or otherwise, try lanolin. It's in nipple cream, and does wonders for dried and cracked skin.
>>
>>8894670
Paula's is overpriced shit and its shilled hard by someone who has no derma qualifications.
>>
>>8892537
The Face Shop: Rice, kelp, blueberry, and lemon.
>>
>>8894778
My advice is don't change anything until you know how well BHA works for you; for some people it's a miracle, for others it does nothing. I'm not familiar with your cleanser/toner but you may want to check the pH and that there aren't too many fragrances or irritants in them.
For spot treatments I like my benzoyl peroxide cream, but you may find it drying.

>>8894779
Don't get either of those, AHA on open skin is irritating and painful and hyaluronic acid may suck water out of the skin if his skin integrity is compromised. Get him a decent barrier cream (seconding lanolin!) and those gel gloves to wear overnight so he won't pick it. If he's had it for ages I bet he doesn't even realise how much he does it. My boyfriend has disgusting looking skin around his cuticles because he picks them and when we started out he said "don't worry, I can stop and I knew the skin will go back to normal" but unfortunately it's such a habit for him that 10 months later he still has it. If your boyfriend is like that and picks at it normally, then of course it won't get better.
To be honest it looks like some sort of dermatitis, but presumably you've worked through all the stuff that touches his hands that could be triggering it (soaps, work environment, gardening etc) and tried to eliminate those? The other thing is if he's getting it to the raw and bleeding point you may want to dip his hands in a bleach bath - not pure bleach obviously, it's a remedy mostly used for eczema to help prevent infections and dry out skin that is raw and oozing.
>>
>>8894821
You DO know that people can go years without diagnosis for some conditions, and a misdiagnosis isn't uncommon, either, right? It's also not uncommon to be put on medication for something only to have it exacerbate your current condition.
>>
Is there a chance one of my skincare products is irritating one of my eyebrows and causing hair loss?
>>
What's the best skincare method for patchy skin and what products should I be trying out?
I always see people just discussing acne and dry skin but I have both.
Is it as simple as doing the usual things but just in certain areas? How do I tell which parts are which when they aren't giving me issues?
>>
>>8878890
I want to build a proper skincare routine but I'm already stumped at the first step. Right now in the evening I use micellar water, then cleanser, then moisturiser, I'm not too sure how to build that up. Would adding a toner after the cleanser be overkill considering I use the micellar water before that, or are they just completely different and I'm getting everything wrong?

Side question, can anyone recomment something for evening out skin pigmentation?
>>
>>8895712
They're completely different.
Use vitamin C, niacinamide or trial a chemical exfoliant for evening your pigmentation

>>8895514
>Is it as simple as doing the usual things but just in certain areas?
yeah, basically this. I often use different products on my oily bits and dry bits

You can have acne-prone skin that's dry or acne prone skin that's oily, patches that are prone to acne (for many people that's forehead/nose/chin which also tend to be more oily) and patches that aren't. If you get random dry patches on your face at times it's likely you tend towards dry, if you get patches on your skin that almost seems like a film over it that's more likely to be oily. Both dry and oily skin should be moisturised, but dry skin needs more occlusive moisturisers than oily skin.

>>8895441
Well yeah, there's always the chance, but why would it just affect one eyebrow?
>>
>>8895748
>but why would it just affect one eyebrow?
No idea. Only one of brow has thinned out considerably :P
>>
>>8895748
Thanks anon. So am I fine just adding something new to the routine I currently have without changing the order or anything?
>>
>>8895748
Thank you. So in the past I have had really dry patches that were like, actual skin flaking off. Had no idea why it happened but it was while I was in cosmetology school so it might have been their shitty make up.
It hasn't happened since but parts of my skin are dry like you said with a film over so I'm gonna take your advice and thanks for telling me the common areas cause that's exactly where I get acne.
>>
>>8895778
Yeah, that's fine.
>>
>>8894821

This is super common with skin conditions, it could be a food allergy or contact dermatitis, or auto immune. Unless it's something really obvious, most itchy skin conditions look alike.
>>
>>8894729
>>8894758
Thank you both! In a few days I'll try the snail again with a smaller amount and make sure everything is clean (including my hands) and see how my skin is reacting. Else I'll pick up an aloe vera gel or (maybe another snail) cream that won't be too heavy.
>>
>>8892742
I like to use Thayers witch hazel as toner, Acure argan oil as moisturizer (under primer too, makes the skin look dewy) and First Aid Beauty ultra repair cream if my skin is really fucked. I exfoliate with an italy towel (it's like 1$ on ebay, gets rid of flakey T-zone skin). I also really like Hurraw lip balm, but I don't know if that counts as skin care. Are there any specific product types you're searching for? I buy most of my stuff from vitacost even though I'm abroad, it's cheap and they carry a lot of vegan stuff (food and makeup too), you could look there.
>>
>>8896353
I would suggest the Mizon Black all in one snail cream simply because it didn't break me out (unlike the snail recovery gel)
>>
>>8879264
They do well serums that help even out darkness but they're ridiculously expensive.
>>
>>8880335
It's annoyingly expensive but Lancôme (owned by L'Oreal) has a South American site that you can order from.
>>
>>8883685
You can; it's not terribly recommended as some places consider it overkill.
>>
>>8883779
I cleanse in the shower and then time and apply serum after I try off. When I go to bed one or two hours later, I use my eye and face moisturizers.
>>
>>8884774
I actually sell Lancôme! It depends on what you're getting, honestly. I get to try everything they have and some of it's worth the money and some of it is just overpriced bullshit.

What do you have?
>>
>>8893725
It sounds like you have a neutral/cool undertone. Go to a makeup counter and get swatched. They'll be able to tell right away.
>>
File: P1120650.jpg (4MB, 3968x2232px) Image search: [Google]
P1120650.jpg
4MB, 3968x2232px
I have Ichthyosis vulgaris (pic related, my lower leg) and while it's relatively minor in terms how severe it could be, it still makes me self conscious about doing cosplays that show any leg at all (it extends to mid-upper thigh)
any tips for covering it? lotioning only goes so far.
>>
>>8899412
cosplay a mermaid or aquaman, or the thing
>>
>>8899412
Dance tights! I wear them for any costume that shows my legs. They're opaque enough that they cover color variations, veins, cellulite (for the most part), etc.
>>
>>8901153
Not that anon but... I've been searching for dance tights and I can only find weird pink-ish salmon ones. Nude or tan ones are too dark.
>>
>>8901157
Try seeking out a local dance store if you can; that might be the easiest way to verify what shades work for you before buying. I'm really pale but Capezio's Nude shade works pretty well for me.
>>
>>8901157
Find a dance store near you since you can actually compare tones. You could also look for simple nude tights since dance tights can be pretty thick (unless you think you need that much coverage)
>>
File: portfolio_face_09_zoom.jpg (76KB, 926x421px) Image search: [Google]
portfolio_face_09_zoom.jpg
76KB, 926x421px
Does anyone know of an effective way to remove moles/beauty marks on your face?

I have two (relatively small ones) near my lips and near my chin and I want them gone because they look really weird on my pale skin as they are really dark.

I want something more permanent than photoshop.
>>
>>8902539
...so wait, they gave her a mole?
>>
So as a gift, I've recently come into 900 dollars worth of brands new make up and skincare stuff... (Hourglass, June Jacobs, pumpkin enzyme stuffs, sisley, buncha other junk)

... And I don't know how to apply the make up on my own.

Help pls
>>
>>8902924
There should be a makeup thread here somewhere anon. Also check youtube for tutorials. Wayne Goss is a good place to start.
>>
>>8902539
See a plastic surgeon
>>
Lurker of this thread and about a month ago decided to try some of the products often recommended in this thread.

I have an oily t-zone, but break out pretty bad on my chin, somewhat on on my nose. If I rested my hand on my chin or even got a little food on it like from splashing soup, it would tend to spell disaster for me.

After a month, my skin has cleared up so much. My chin doesn't look all red and inflamed all the time. I still try to avoid resting my hand on my chin, but overall, I feel like it takes a lot more for me to get a pimple there now.

Thanks so much thread.
>>
>>8902539
Pretty sure only a dermatologist/plastic surgeon can remove those
>>
>>8902539

Any sort of "home remedy" involving acid (that includes vinegar), bleach, oil etc. will only leave you horrible scars.
>>
>>8903519

Also removing a mole can hide the signs if you ever get skin cancer there.

The morons writing guides to remove moles at home rarely ever follow up and show their scars, but if you look around you'll find people who look a lot worse after cutting/burning/scratching their moles off.

See a dermatologist, that's your best bet.
>>
>>8902539
Unless it's a tiny nevus (like 2mm) and you have access to liquid nitrogen in a proper spray container with a nozzle, don't bother trying to diy.
>>
>>8899412
Hey, I have the same thing. When you say you're lotioning, how often is that?
For me, I get scaly if I don't moisturize my entire fucking body with something heavy like body butter after every single shower.
>>
Any suggestions for permanently dry lips? I'm not dehydrated and use chapstick/burt's bees/ vaseline but nothing seems to make much difference. Is there anything more heavy duty?
>>
>>8904354
Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy. You can buy it at Target or Walmart in this little twopack that is the perfect size for a lip balm. The problem with Vaseline is that it only traps moisture, so if you rub it on your dry lips it just sits there and protects it from the elements. Things like Aquaphor actually add moisture. Try slathering it on your lips before you go to bed too.
>>
So I started a BHA about two months ago and it's cleared me up, except I have this main problem area. It's this spot on my cheek where I always break out, and there's some discoloration which leads me to assume it's just a very stubborn, very deep lying cyst. In the last few days though, it finally began to come to a head, is this a good thing? I can tell it's very blood filled, like that dark infected blood that cysts can get. For some more information, I was on a round of Accutane last year, and had very severe cystic acne, but this one spot was, by far, my main problem spot for years. Everywhere else cleared up nicely but there.
>>
>>8904354
Kiehl's Lip Balm #1. It's pretty thick and the original smells rank, but if you get one of the flavored ones, they taste and small amazing. Worked miracles on my lips after they were sunburned. Also I put it on my chapped hands sometimes.
>>
>>8904354
I have really bad lip chapping problems and the most effective thing I've ever used was Dr.Dan's Cortibalm. Smith's Menthol & Eucalyptus Balm or Rosebud Salve (the tin not the tube) and Aquaphor are also pretty good.

There's also a Korean product called puresmile snail lip treatment that works really well but it feels really weird on the lips, it's like squeezing a glue stick over your mouth.
>>
>>8904413
If it's in the spot where you get acne the most then it finally coming up is a good thing. You're just going to have to ride it out, unfortunately. Think of it as purging, and once it turns into a massive cyst with a head and finally goes away, you won't have to deal with reoccuring acne in that spot again. You must suffer before you can have beautiful skin, unfortunately.
>>
File: idkman.jpg (172KB, 1164x1200px) Image search: [Google]
idkman.jpg
172KB, 1164x1200px
Hey I know some Anons use Cosrx blackhead power liquid.
I just got mine in the mail and I'm not sure if it is legit or not.
I ordered it from the seller YouRiShop on Amazon.
The box is nice it has somewhat a texture, and I mean it seems legit.
I just question the bottle. It has this flimsy sticker for the label, but the care label seems really nice. The cap and pump part seem kinda cheap plastic.

I'm always on the paranoid side when I order from Amazon.
Like it seems legit, but that cheap sticker label is throwing me.

Just wanted to see how it compares.
Pics for reference.
>>
Okay, so I incorporated BHA into my routine before I had toner , and it worked great. By the time I had been through about a month of the BHA I finally got some more toner, but then I was out of BHA. So I incorporated the toner for about a month alone, and again, no problems. About two weeks ago I finally started using them together and since then I've started getting weird burning/dry sensations around my mouth. It's not an all the time thing, but it's at least 3x a week for a few hours. I dont really have any visible signs of it either, it felt like I was going to get a pimple in the corner of my mouth for a few days but it never happened.
I'm wondering if it's possible that these two products together could be causing a reaction, or if it's a new seasonal allergy (my seasonal allergies came out of nowhere too years ago so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a new thing).

I'm using Paula's choice BHA and SW basics toner.
>>
I was debating posting this, because I don't want to seem like a weeb or anything. I found lolita way after I got married. Anyway, my mother-in-law is Korean, and after trying a huge amount of high-end American products, she's lost hope. I was wondering if any gulls know of some Korean products which actually work at lightening sun spots, and if it firms as well that would be a huge bonus. I've tried looking on my own, but there are so many out there! Does anyone know first-hand about a working face cream, serum, mask, or whatever that might help?
>>
>>8905179
That looks about right. All the cosrx pumps are pretty cheap plastic.

>>8906263
Maybe cut down the number of times you use them together? Daily bha can be too much for some people.

>>8906280
Vitamin C helps with sun spots, ost c20 is cheap and fairly popular. Missha's time revolution line is considered to be fairly good as well
>>
>>8906303
Thank you! I'll have her try out the Missha line. I've been pulling my hair out trying to help her. lol
>>
>just used an albolene + sugar scrub to aggressively slough off all the flakes on my face, until it hurt.
>all the moisturizing in the world couldn't get rid of them
>face feels soft now, no visible flakes

fingers crossed all I had to do was get the flakes off for my moisturizing routine to finally keep them gone. even oil cleansing + essense + ampoule + cream + sleeping pack + vaseline didn't get rid of them.
>>
>>8905179
Yep, that's what it looks like. I barely even notice the bottle anymore.
>>
>>8904410
>>8904530
>>8904551
Not the original anon who asked but thank you for sharing! I've always had dry lips and I can never seem to keep them hydrated. I used a sugar and olive oil scrub on them in the morning to exfoliate and use Carmex throughout the day. I don't drink as much water as I should but I'm trying to fix that. I also live in an area with dry heat and no humidity so that could be a factor as well.

>>8904551
Any reason you recommend the Rosebud Salve in the tin over the tube?
>>
File: 1337836802988.jpg (144KB, 701x749px) Image search: [Google]
1337836802988.jpg
144KB, 701x749px
Hey, I want to start taking better care of my skin. I don't have acne or anything and my biggest complaint is that my forehard and nose get all oily after a like 5-6 hours after showering. How do I prevent this? I don't take any lotions or cremes.
>>
>>8906303
>>8906831
Thank you Anons, you put my mind at ease.
I am excited to see how it goes.
>>
>>8888234
Laneige's water bank mask & yogurt mask is nice.
>>
>>8907048
Start a basic skincare routine. TWICE a day, this is once in the morning, and once in the evening. You use cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. This is straight up the most basic of all basic routines. Cleanser is exactly what it sounds like, it washes your face and cleanses it of built up oils and dirt, especially if you wear makeup. Toner helps pick up any extra residue your cleanser missed, and helps reset the pH of your skin (yes this is relatively important). Moisturizer is also a must regardless of skintype. This is because whenever you wash your skin, you are stripping it of its natural oils. Moisturizing helps lock in that moisture, and prevents your skin from overcompensating. Not using moisturizer generally results in oily skin, and if you have naturally oily skin, it leads to it becoming much worse.

Do not use soap or foaming cleansers, they are both overly drying and can irritate your skin.

Basic products are
Cleanser: Cetaphil or Cerave
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (you want something alcohol free. Alcohol dries out your skin more)
Moisturizer: Cetaphil, Eucarin, Aloe Vera gel

If you have naturally oily skin, aloe vera gel (100%, get the clear shit) is a great moisturizer because it doesn't leave any residue and absorbs really well. Also, I am stressing that you do this TWICE A DAY, EVERY DAY. You don't just use whatever product when you feel like it. You need to have consistency with your skincare, otherwise your skin won't get any of the advertised benefits of the products. It takes like maybe 5 minutes to do a basic routine, it's hardly difficult at all. Also drink lots of water, stay hydrated.
>>
I think I asked this a while ago but got no reply. How on earth do you use toner, and what exactly does it do?

I've googled and asked around, and I've heard
>dab it on your face and leave it dry
>rub it in until it's gone (?)
>splash it on and wipe it off

I'm so confused and I feel like an idiot for not knowing this.
>>
>>8907477
Thanks! Both have really good reviews. I may try out the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX too because of its de-stressing scent.
>>
I had an allergic reaction like consistently for like a year all over my face. I have it finally cleared up but not my forehead is super dry and shows wrinkles like crazy whenever I emote. Any suggestions for intense moisturizers or products for this? I use vaseline sometimes but I think I need a cream or something to add moisture before I put it on cause it isn't fixing it.
>>
>>8901157
The color "pink" is actually usually a skin tone too. I alternate between "pink" and "light suntan" depending on the season and my tan (from running, I don't specially try to tan).
>>
I have these bumps on my chin, but I can't tell what they are. They aren't really visible unless I tuck in my bottom lip. A couple of years ago, I tried straight up shaving them off. It irritated my skin for a while, and they were gone (iirc), but they eventually came back or became noticeable again. I don't have any pictures right now but I'll try to photograph them if needed.

My skin type is combination, I believe. Dry cheeks, oily forehead, nose & sometimes chin. I don't have a routine. I've attempted to have one but the enormous amount of products out there intimidated me and had me worried that I'd fuck my face up more, so I got lazy and gave up.
>>
>>8907534
I use a cotton pad to wipe it on my face, then wait for a moment before I apply moisturiser.
>>
>>8907761
Milia?
>>
>>8907761
heyoo i also have this. no idea what they are but they don't really bother me since, like you said, they are only noticeable when the bottom lip is tucked in. curious to know what this is too.

>>8907778
cannot speak for anon but mine do not look like milia.
>>
File: mouthshadow.jpg (82KB, 840x680px) Image search: [Google]
mouthshadow.jpg
82KB, 840x680px
I already have a fairly masculine face (female, biologically & everything) so having a permanent 5 o'clock shadow doesn't help. I really can't tell if my skin is just discolored or it's hair. All around my mouth is a different shade than the rest of my face. Even though there is a shadow in the first picture, my face pretty much looks that shadowy in any lighting. I also have those dark "smudges" in the 2nd picture on both sides of my mouth that kind of look like the shadows fat faced people have, but the marks remains even if I pull the skin taut (does that make sense?) So it's my skin?? I'm not wearing concealer/foundation in either photo.

I just want my face to all be the same shade for the most part. I'm really new to makeup & have yet to buy any foundation that isn't from a drug store, so until then I'd like to know what to do with my shadow. Would lemon juice work on lightening it maybe? agh...
>>
>>8878880
What do you guys think of skin lightening? Aka skin bleaching? General question
>>
>>8908063
It might be dehydration, start drinking 8 glasses of water in a day and see if it helps.
>>
>>8908164
I wish I could do it, but have a genetic skin condition and get scars from less.
I say if you want to, go for it. I mean people in the west think tanning is fine, so..
>>
>>8908063
How long has it been there? You didn't give much actual information. If it's recent it could just be a bruise from sleeping. Some people rupture blood vessels in their face without much effort.

Nobody I know (nobody that has that, although not as noticeable as yours) is fat, nor fat faced. I've seen barely teenage-aged boys with skinnier faces who have a small shadow/dark spot there. Your face is actually quite round looking, though; around the mouth and upper jaw. Your mouth and cheeks look the shape for a 'fat fold' there. (Not implying that you're fat.)

The shadows don't disappear with pulling if they're deep enough, by the way. Or if your skin is translucent. The way to check is by shining strong flat light from in front.
Your skin is fairly dark already, so you could always try bleaching it if you're sure it's discoloration. I mean compared to filler, it's not very invasive.
>>
>>8908610
My skin tone is pretty off and I want to reverse years of not using sunscreen...
I just find light tones attractive but I think thats just me...
>>
>>8908164
>>8908610
I want to do it but I don't know where to start
>>
>>8908164
>>8908877
no namefagging.
>>
>>8908597
I should do that, I don't drink much water let alone eat much. I'm sure my skin would improve a lot...

>>8908616
Sorry for lack of info, I've have it for almost two years now. No idea what brought it on, but it just started gradually darkening, I hardly noticed it. I do have a very round face though, & I've lost a bit of weight since these photos; nothing has changed as far as the discoloration. I think I'm going to try the lemon lightening after I wax one more time. Thanks for your response.
>>
>>8909014
why not desu?
>>
Does coconut oil even help with scarring? Been applying coconut oil on an old scar for at least two weeks and nothing is happening
>>
>>8907529
Thanks. I bought Cetaphil, Thayers and Aloe Vera gel.
I hope to see some results.
>>
>>8909641
Do you see anyone else tripping? Or are you just determined to be 'that' person?
>>
>>8909928
Not the best for old scars, better for when a wound is in the healing process.

Try vitamin e cream, that's what has worked really well with me. Don't expect it to go away completely though, though I'm sure you know that.
>>
>>8911892
>vitamin e cream
Do you have any recommendation?
>>
>>8911275
Just wanted to start a convo
Thanks for that anon
Now back to topic
>>
Is there any product or routine that can get rid of deep, pockmark like acne scars on the cheeks?
>>
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys do for a job, and does it affect your skincare any? Because of my job I had to change some things up to accomodate for some stuff.
>>
>>8913470
AHA to help exfoliate the skin. Vitamin C serum to even skintone. Dermaroller to help the skin start healing the pockmarks.
Were you a picker with your acne?
>>
File: 1397884686386.gif (830KB, 245x159px) Image search: [Google]
1397884686386.gif
830KB, 245x159px
hi, i'm going to Japan next month and am going to buy lots of skincare items. my skin is dry, pale, sensitive and showing signs of early aging. are there any products anons could recommend that i could look for while visiting? any terms or kanji i should pay attention to or avoid? any help is appreciated!
>>
>>8913501
I have oily/acne-prone skin and I work in an automotive store as a delivery person. I added a BHA to my routine daily and it helps prevent the insane amount of breakouts I'd get from this place. Seriously, after a whole day there I am a disgusting greaseball, and I gave up on trying to make my hair look nice while on my shift. I found using vitamin C serum in the morning helped act a bit as a barrier and stopped my skin from getting as greasy as it used to. I also use the cosrx Aloe sunscreen every morning when it's sunny, and it helps a lot since driving outside most of the day in the sun without any protection made my skin irritated and damaged. I don't put any on if it's cloudy out because anything to limit the amount of grease on my face in a day.

I don't want to be that person but I stopped wearing any sort of foundation or makeup while there because it also just added to the oil pile and lead to more breakouts. My other female coworkers are just sales associates, so they rock the cover up and foundation to hide breakouts and stuff, but my skin actually started to do better when I stopped with the makeup and was just diligent with my skincare proucts.
>>
>>8909362
From what it sounds like you have a bad diet. Poor diet could be a main contributing factor, same with hormones. But then again poor diets will mess up your hormones, like how loosing too much weight and anorexia can lead to you not getting your period. Drink plenty of water, get a balanced diet and good sleep, and then think about seeing a doctor to get bloodwork for your hormones. Going on birthcontrol to help level out your hormones if that is the case may help.
>>
File: img_4557.jpg (444KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
img_4557.jpg
444KB, 1800x1800px
Just gonna drop a few reviews in the thread based on the last few months of use.

Skinfood Black Sugar Mask - Overall pretty meh, its obviously not an exfoliating product despite the sugar granules. For a mask it's supposed to be hydrating, but it leaves me feeling oily (and it got me having weird dry spots around my eyes?). Upside is that you get a lot of product for the price, buuut you could easily make a homemade sub with sugar/honey/coconut oil instead. One oddity is that it seemed to lighten my skin color a bit, which is the only upside because I have a very red face. Another reviewer indicated this was due to some parabens in the product? Would not repurchase/10

Innisfree Tea Cleansing Foam - Love this shit, it's so rich and moisturizing as soon as you put it on, especially as a cleanser. It doesn't feel like you've stripped your face away after use, and it's extremely gentle. I don't buy make-up removers but this is great at getting off foundation and stuff at the end of the day. The only downside is that it can leave a filmy like feel if you use it and don't moisturize in the next ~5 minutes. Would buy again/10

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel - I wanted to like the snail products but this doesn't do much for me. It absorbs pretty easily and is a good non-greasy base layer when putting your make up on but there are primers that do the same thing. Mizon also farms the snail secrete abusively (only found out after I bought and used the product), so if you're interested I'd recommend buying instead from Cosrx who does not. Recovery gels =/= moisturizers btw. Never again/10, but plan on looking into the Cosrx variant (specifically the mucin power essence).

Skinfood Vita-C Cream - AWESOME. Super light moisturizer, not at all greasy, doesn't break me out and has good coverage. I live in a desert and used this through winter where usually my skin cracks enough to bleed. Needless to say this shit kept me fine. Do refrigerate it! Buying again/10
>>
>>8914168
Cosrx Bha Skin Returning A-sol - LOVE! This is probably the best thing I've bought. After ~1 week usage I noticed my cystic blemishes were gone, and most importantly, have stayed gone. BUY if you have excess sebum, oily, or cystic acne issues OR have blackhead issues. Note: This only worked for my face and neck, not for shoulders, back, and butt (but those tend not to be cystic areas for most people). Yesyesyes/10

Cosrx Bha Blackhead Power Liquid - Kinda undecided. Cleared up some problem spots around my nose, chin, but seemed more effective on my shoulders and back. I'm not sure its worth it for the price but for what it does its a lot more effective than your typical drugstore shit. I noticed a difference after about 2 weeks so its k. Would recommend to try if you're struggling and haven't made any progress with blackheads/10 (But I'd like some suggestions for alternatives myself).

Hada Labo Moist Hyaluronic Lotion - Use this more as a toner prep after your skin is already damp. It plumps up your skin almost immediately, which is great if you have a thin/sunken/acne damaged face like mine. Not exactly greasy but it can leave you looking damp through the day if you layer it with a thick moisturizer after as is recommended, but that wasnt a problem with the Vita-C cream combo. It also reduced the dark circles under my eyes which had notable skin damage due to dryness. Will rebuy for myself but would not recommend to everyone/10

Purafem Pueraria Mirifica Serum - Someone on /cgl/ recommended this to me as a skin tightener (and breast enhancer) due to the phytoestrogen content? On one hand it broke me out immediately, due to the liquid sugar content I'm guessing, but it also did make my pores less noticeable and my skin feel and look perkier and softer. I want to like it but can't justify rebuying for that price. Gonna try alternatives of the product like the herbal capsule concentrate instead. Interesting but I'd rec buying an alternative/10
>>
File: Hada-Labo2.jpg (38KB, 540x312px) Image search: [Google]
Hada-Labo2.jpg
38KB, 540x312px
>>8914181
Thayers Witch Hazel toner - This sadly had no noticeable effect on me whatsoever. Skin remained dry and red and my complexion was the same after ~5 weeks of application. My skin didn't get worse but certainly didn't get better. Possibly a bad batch somehow..? Will not repurchase/10.

Philosophy Purity Cleanser - Works way better as a simply make-up remover than a real cleanser. Did nothing for my cysts or blackheads but kiiiinda kept the oil-created whiteheads in check? This was a gift so I can't really complain, but there's no reason to drop 20 bucks and buy this. Meh/10

pureSol Konjac Sponges - another YES product. It's bad if you're extremely acne prone to exfoliate heavily and risk irritating the skin, but these are so gentle and leave your face feeling amazingly soft and small-pored after. Can't imagine not using them again/10

Salux "Italy" Towels - So it's basically a rayon wash cloth but it's good for getting dead skin on the arms/legs off better than a traditional loofah/washcloth/shower poof. Helped with my in-grown hair issue and also alleviated some of my dysihydrosis bubbles... Would recommend for others in the same boat/10

>>8913526
My skin is oily hybrid but otherwise similar to yours. In the past I liked Papawash's white label Mochiri cleanser and washing powder but it left me feeling somewhat stripped, and was costly. Do try Hado Labo products like the moist lotion, and I and hear good things about Cure's Aqua Gel exfoliator, Shiseido's Perfect Milk (or Whip) cleanser and offshoot brand Cle de Peau's Sheer Veil moisturizer.
Highly interested in Mujirushi's cleansing jojoba oil but I haven't found enough reviews to tempt me.
Kotoshina is like jap Origins with organic stuff if that interests you but is $$$, the Rich Rose facial cream is apparently great.
SK-II is supposed to have the best toners but I can't confirm.
DON'T buy into the Predia meme, its way too expensive (~60 for just a cleanser) and doesnt help with blackheads or cysts.
>>
File: shara.jpg (288KB, 2337x2048px) Image search: [Google]
shara.jpg
288KB, 2337x2048px
Last review.

Shara Shara Honey Bomb Ampoule - Buy it immediately if you have dry skin issues. GREAT as a sleeping pack mask, LITERALLY reduced my wrinkle lines around the eyes and mouth after one night. Just don't use it every day, especially if you have a toner in your routine. While it is fantastic for deep moisturizing I need something a little lighter during the day or my face starts to get too sebum-y and I get blackheads. 3x a week is great.
Also it's massive for an ampoule. totally worth the price!
Try putting it in the fridge if your skin is stressed, instant relief.
Memebox is having a 10$ off sale on it right now so I'd totally recommend it.
Get this in your life/10
>>
I've been wanting to get a face mask from The Face Shop, but it's a little intimidating. If I could get a recommendation, I'd appreciate it. I have an oily T-zone, large pores, and lots of sebaceous filaments.
>>
>>8913501
I actually work customer service for L'Oreal's luxury brands. My skin has gotten way better with all of the free stuff I get, plus being able to figure out what I should actually do with my skin, versus just throwing some water on.
>>
File: 65889c4662ace9d2.jpg (176KB, 756x776px) Image search: [Google]
65889c4662ace9d2.jpg
176KB, 756x776px
>>8914265
You probably already know but using the sheet strips to get rid of sebaceous filaments only makes them worse in the long run, and does cause pore damage.
Also I wouldn't recommend a FShop mask because of the alcohol content (irritates and dries my combination skin), but if that doesn't bother you. They have a Sebum control sheet mask but it irritated me too much to have a difference; I hear the best comments about the chia seed, hydro vita b, or red ginseng masks in context of them being the most hydrating.
If I may ask what exactly do you want out of the mask? In my experience sheet masks aren't usually the go-tos if you want pore tightening.

Anyway my favorite masks, recommended in order:

Freeset donkey milk gel mask - Good for firming, SUPER moisturizing, okay price, if you've never done a sheet mask get this one. Blows Face Shop out of the water while being in a similar (slightly pricier depending where you buy) price range

Whamisa flowers and aloe hydrogel - So $$ but you feel like you treated yourself. Gets the oil out of your skin and you feel like a godess all day long, AND that ugly blackness of sebfils or blacheads? Gone. Not that theyve been removed but like the color vanishes, no idea how to explain this but its amazing.

MY Beauty Diary Sake Sheet Mask - Good price, smooths skin, pores aren't really "shrunk" but its like the rest of your skin settles down so they don't look like the texture of holes. So you end up looking very smooth and even.

LJH Tea Tree Mask - Good for oil control and break outs on your T-zone
>>
I mostly have skin irritations where my face meets my neck, like, around the bone.
I feel like this isn't as common? Is there any reason why they primarily appear there?
>>
>>8914328
Do you mean your jawline or your collarbones? It can happen because you don't have the cushion of fat and collagen there so trying to do penetrative cleansing or moisturizing falls flat.
Try using an ampoule!
>>
>>8914236
There's an even bigger discount on Memebox, get the Febuary Shara Shara trial pack. It has the honey bomb ampoule and more for 36.
>>
Would it be weird to ask you gulls what your daily facial routines were? I find that my t-zone gets a bit oily through out the day, especially now that its getting a bit warmer. What do you think that I could use to keep that at bay?
>>
File: sharas.jpg (49KB, 539x316px) Image search: [Google]
sharas.jpg
49KB, 539x316px
>>8914357
>>8914236
Just gonna drop a referal link here for my fellow seagulls
http://share.memebox.com/x/gzcZ2n
It's 20% off anything and free shipping over 30$ offers. Would rec the Shara box but they also have Benton snailbee products on sale, and stock Cosrx/Innisfree/Banila/Leaders
Viral marketing etc, would sage myself if that were still A Thing

>>8914434
I've found even with great facial routines (no breakouts) I still get oily, its just how our skin goes. To manage it during the day get like a sebum control powder, then put travel skin tea mist over it.
>>
>>8914236
You linked a pic of the Scinic AIO Honey Ampoule and talked about the Shara Shara one lel.

I haven't tried the Scinic one myself, but I'm enjoying the Shara Shara one, and I'd repurchase.
>>
I've currently set up a pretty good routine that I've been following, but I'm still getting acne on my face! I don't think I'd call it a breakout due to one of my products, but I'm wondering what I can add or change to my routine to help it get rid of my acne. I'm eighteen but on birth control, so I don't think it's hormonal acne?

>TFS Rice Water Light Cleansing Oil at night
>Cerave Foaming Cleanser
>Hadolabo Gokujyun Lotion
>MBD Mask at night 3 times a week (Black pearl, Collagen, or Hyaluronic acid)
>Cerave Moisturizing cream
>>
If you like a product but don't love it, how long do you use it before you find a replacement? Do you wait until it's finished or just do through the testing period?
>>
>>8914332
Underneath my jawline, mainly. Never had any skin problems around my collarbones.
That explanation makes sense, guess I will try it your way soon.
>>
>>8914636
I usually use it through the testing period and then look for a replacement, keeping the product just in case I want to use it later or cannot find a replacement or I'll give it to a friend.
>>
>>8914434
I'm super dry skinned, but it gets better once summer hits. I tend to stick to Lancome and Kiehl's, but that's exclusively because I work for L'Oreal customer service and get free shit all of the time.

Morning
>Cleanse and tone with Lancome's Creme Mousse Comfort and Tonique Confort
>Use Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate Serum
>Lancome Genifique Eye Cream
>Bienfait Multi-Vital Day Cream with SPF 30 because fuck you Texas sun
Night
>Cleanse and tone
>Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate Serum
>Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream
>Visionnaire Nuit

Sometimes I change it up when I get new products from work, but this is generally what I stick with.
>>
>>8914627
Try chemical exfoliation. Cosrx skin returning a sol is not bad to start with, it's a mild exfoliating toner
>>
>>8914741
>Cosrx skin returning a sol
Thanks, should I use it in addition to my Hadolobo toner, before or after, or should I replace it? And is it for daily use, morning and night, or just once a day or less?
>>
>>8878880
Guys, my bf has really terrible scarring on the sides of his face from acne. It's like, he has pits and depressions in his skin from picking at his acne when he was younger, I suppose. What product is out there to help reduce the look of that?
>>
>>8914750
My ex-boyfriend's face was like that. ...I literally was never able to get over it, I just kept imagining him with smooth skin.
>>
I need to hurry before the thread dies! I know absolutely NOTHING about brands and can't really afford much, but this adult acne is not helping my gyaru fashion pursuit at all.
>skin type
As if I just stuck my face inside a tub of oil. I'm very prone to scarring and dark spots. Makeup cakes up even if I put on primer.
>current routine
Daily: Aloe Vera foam cleanser, gel moisturizer and some anti-age that does wonders for dark circles
Once in a while: Clay cleanser, it's great but dries out my skin so much it gets kinda squeaky
>what you've tried before
Didn't work: oil cleansing, two-step korean cleansing, those weird ampoules that left my face bumpy and gross, pretty much OP's whole chart.
Worked and I'd like to know where to get some more: facial sheets

Thank you so much for your trouble.
>>
>>8914781
Are you using a generic primer or a mattifying primer?
>>
>>8914849
a mattifying primer.
>>
>>8914750

Is it really from picking spots? The people I've seen it on have had it really bad all over their cheeks, but I used to pop all the time and I have very little if any (though my acne was never that bad).
>>
>>8914781
Have you tried AHAs and BHAs?

>>8914743
Daily, it's pretty mild. I would use it before the Hada Labo and add it as an extra step, but leave it for 15mins before you do the rest of your routine so it has a chance to work.
>>
>>8914920
>Have you tried AHAs and BHAs?
I've no idea what that is, had to quick google it. Looks like a peeling of some sort, doesn't it damage the skin? My skin tends to get flakey if I exfoliate it, feels awful. Can't see how peeling would help but hey, at this point I'm willing to experiment.
>>
>>8914875
it's popping and also picking. basically what happens with it is when you pop it you create an indentation by forcing some of the bacteria down into your skin rather than out. it also ends up getting more swollen a lot of the time due to added bacteria from you fingers, and when you pick it, it will make the indentation even bigger still, causing it to heal leaving a small well that wouldn't have been there otherwise.
>>
>>8914947
not that anon but peeling is different than exfoliating. the bha and aha are chemical peels that pull the dead skin off and promote better growth. for like a week or so after it looks a bit dry but it fixed my dry t-zone for good!
>>
>>8914969
This. This is exactly why when people tell you to stop picking at your skin and popping zits, they mean it. You will wind up with a face full of craters, and it's pretty devastating to think about.
>>
>>8914947
Read this >https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/exfoliation_recs

They are chemical exfoliation, not chemical peels like the other anon said. BHA is targeted towards oily and acne prone skin, to deep clean pores, prevent breakouts and blackheads. AHA helps accelerate skin cell turnover rate, and basically helps shed off dead skin cells faster. Neither should dry you out as long as you are using a moisturizer, but both make you photosensitive, so you must use a sunscreen.

You seem like a beginner, so I am going to direct you to this post >>8907529 which explains basic skincare. Do not use a foaming cleanser because they are overly drying. As someone with oily and acne prone skin, all of those products that anon listed work well with oily skin, and can easily be bought at a drug store, save the Thayers. For acne scarring and hyperpigmentation, introduce a vitamin C serum. I would also suggest adding a BHA, since they help control sebum production (helps your skin from getting all oily) and curbs breakouts.

Start with a basic routine and do that alone for a month or two. Then introduce either the BHA or vitamin c serum one at a time, depending on which you feel you need more. Remember, despite having oily skin you MUST moisturize every day. This will actually help curb some of the oilyness, because half of the time it is your skin over producing sebum to make up for it being stripped in the cleansing process. Consistency is your friend. For BHAs, Stridex Redbox is easiest to get; I use the Cosrx blackhead power liquid.
>>
>>8914875
What times are you using?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mln7e1szri1qz4rgp.gif (988KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mln7e1szri1qz4rgp.gif
988KB, 250x250px
>>8915022
Thank you so much! You've been very helpful! Yes, I'm a beginner, in my teen years I've used only sulfur soap and no moisturizer, that's how much I know about skincare!
Thanks!
>>
>>8907529
Should you wash the toner off your face after you applied it? If no, how long should I wait before applying the gel?
>>
>>8916465
No, the toner is absorbed very quickly. Wait around a minute and apply the gel.
>>
>>8915079
Don't worry anon, we all have to start somewhere. Believe me, it took me forever to understand what basic skincare was and not just throw random products at it without understanding what does what. I also figured out only about a year ago that half of my oily skin problems was never using moisturizer ever. It's amazing how just applying lotion twice a day has made me less of a shiny grease ball.
>>
>>8916465
Toner absorbs into your skin rather fast. Give it a minute or two to sink in and then move on to your next product.
>>
I have acne prone and sensitive skin, and often shower during the daytime. I feel like I should be washing my face with my foaming cleanser, toner, and moisturizer afterwards, but I also know that there is such a thing as washing your face too much or over mositurizing. I feel like when I shower, it sort of washes out the products and moisturizer I already had on my face. Is it okay to not wash my face after I shower during the daytime, or should I use only some products or what?
>>
>>8916942
If you feel like your products are coming off you could go with toner and moisturiser again afterwards
>>
What's the best way to apply toner to avoid wasting product? I've been pouring it straight into my hands instead of using a cotton pad but it always runs and spills. I tried a spray bottle but it didn't seem to work very well.
>>
>>8917268
With my hadalobo gokujyun lotion, I usually just shake a few drops in my hand, rub my hands together, then apply to my face.
>>
>>8915000
Is there anything to be done about it after the fact though?
>>
Anyone have any experience with snowbang or shark sauce for dry dehydrated skin? The only thing Ive seen it's that it's good.

Thank you
>>
>>8918087
It's overhyped shit only popular because of the bloggers it's named after. You're basically buying asskissing
>>
>>8917268
Just use a cotton pad, jeeze. The thing about cotton pads is they also low key exfoliate while you apply the toner, and pick up any extra residue like makeup. I don't understand why you would use your hands?
>>
>>8917287
Essentially, no. You can scroll up in the thread and read this post >>8913506. That should definitely help, but honestly, once you have craters that's it. Over a long time you can try evening out your skin with those products, but your face will always look like the moon, it's straight up deep scarring. That's why people stress not picking and popping, you can and most likely will fuck up your face for life.
>>
>>8918540

I'll give it a try. I'm just concerned using a cotton pad will exfoliate unnecessarily and I might break out. My face doesn't agree with being scrubbed at at all.
>>
>>8918594
Don't scrub, anon. Just lightly run the pad over your face enough to get it damp.
>>
File: image.jpg (591KB, 2368x1776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
591KB, 2368x1776px
Oh boy, where to even begin with the shitstorm that is my face.
Okay, the obvious. My skin. The only active thing on my face is the pimple above my eyebrow. What would be the best exfoliant to get rid of some of these scars? I've tried a bunch of storebought garbage, should I just go au natural and DIY a scrub?
Also, I'm naturally very hairy, so I was wondering if a lemon juice concoction would lighten up my mustache and sideburns.
Lastly, my lips. I know its not really fashionable in Sunrise land, but I'd like them a tab bit plumper. Any good remedies for that?
>>
>tfw can never get into the habit of taking care of my skin

Basically I'm a total slob, I don't even wash my face in the morning because it simply doesn't cross my mind.

What is the best way to force myself into getting a skincare routine, or at the very least the bare basics? Having an alarm on my phone reminding me?
>>
>>8919103
what an unfortunate face.
dermaroller + vitamin c for scars lemon juice +honey for hair and brown sugar +coconut oil for lips.
if you have enough money, get a nose job and fix those eyebrows.
>>
>>8919104
I thought the same until I followed for a routine for a few days and started noticing a difference. Seeing results motivates me to keep it up
>>
>>8919109
Should I get microneedling done at my dermatologist, or would it be okay to do it on my own?
Sadly, I'm allergic to coconut oil. Any substitution would be fine though, right?
Thanks for the help.
>>
>>8919115
dermatologist.
and peppermint oil.
>>
>>8913526
sunscreen.
>>
>>8919117
>>8919109
Don't listen to housewife-chan. She's clearly jealous and salty because daddy didn't love her enough.
>>8919115
Peppermint oil is extremely fucking irritating, don't put it anywhere near your face. Use olive oil instead, and exfoliate with a soft toothbrush. Do chemical (AHA) exfoliation, Mizon and Alpha Hydrox are good, cheap brands, do that weekly until you think you can handle more. Wear sunscreen, AHAs make your skin sensitive to the sun.
See a derm if problems persist.

Don't put lemon juice on your face, ever. Use one of those episticks ($1 on ebay), it'll hurt but you'll get used to it. For sideburns buy some gentle wax strips and cut them up.

Your nose is fine. Go get your eyebrows cleaned up a bit at the Benefit Brow Bar or wherever else they do them, but otherwise they're good.

Don't ask for beauty advice or post your pictures on 4chan in the future, ask a beautician. Or literally anywhere else on the internet.
>>
>>8919130
I just haven't wax my eyebrows in a bit, but thank you for the advice!
I'm pretty good with pain as well, so it won't be a problem. I'll def pick one up!
I really don't care to much about others negative opinions about me, they're allowed to think what they want. Plus I've already posted myself in cosplay on /cgl/ so the damage is done, my fuckery is permanently ingrained here.
>>
File: IMG_20160319_200202.jpg (2MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160319_200202.jpg
2MB, 4128x3096px
Anybody else used foot peeling masks before?

This is from the Nature Republic aloe vera one. I only left them on for an hour because my feet were freezing cold/numb and I got spooked, but they're starting to peel already on day 2!
>>
>>8919130
If you mix a few drops of peppermint oil with at least a tablespoon of coconut or olive oil, you can rub it all over your face with no problem. (Well, you still don't want it around your eyes.)
>>
>>8919144
I've used the Holika Holika one, it was shite
>>
>>8919144
I didn't know this was a thing but it's totally going on my wish list know. I'm sick of using a pedegg.
>>
>>8919111
Thanks, maybe that will help.

Also if I want to get a moisturizer, is something like a day cream the same? Because I can't find any moisturizers in my local stores but I sure as hell can find any flavor of day/night cream you can imagine.
>>
>>8919136
You're too sweet for salty bitches.
>>
>>8919151
That's it.
>>
>>8919162
Now I feel like an idiot for wondering why I could never find any moisturizers in store.
>>
When am I suppose to apply a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment? My current skincare is cleanser ---> exfoliator ---> moisturizer/sunscreen
>>
>>8918898
This. When anon says "lowkey exfoliate" they really mean that. As in if there's any loose flakes or whatever just hanging about they will be picked up by just lightly running the pad over your face. You don't scrub it in, this is kind of common sense?
>>
>>8919673
before moisturizing
>>
>>8919799
Thank you!
>>
>>8919130
that wasn't me you crusty cunt

nice to know your crush on me is so big you have to bring me up at every chance
>>
>>8919136
I've got a horribly hairy upper lip and sideburns and when I just can't handle waxing anymore (sensitive dry skin) I use a tiny electric razor. I think they're technically designed to be used on your bikini line, but fuck it.
>>
>>8919151
Get a day cream with SPF. Bam.
>>
>>8919839
You know, I bet at my counter we sell a serum to fix your salty ass.
>>
I have a lot of acne scars on my face and I don't know how can I remove it. For a while now, I feel ashamed of my face for it...

Any help? Good products to remove acne scars?

Thanks!
>>
>>8920029
Vitamin C serum
>>
File: IMG_20160320_130642.jpg (793KB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160320_130642.jpg
793KB, 4128x3096px
>>8920029
Using various snail products helped me, anon. Maybe it was changing to decent skincare in general, but in ~6 months of using it all, my scarring (pitting and pockmarks) are all gone.
I use 3w's skin/toner, lotion and sleeping pack. And Benton's snailbee serum and steam cream.

>>8919144
I DONT LIKE IT ANY MORE.
>>
>>8920153
Holy shit anon...do you pick at it or what?
>>
>>8920218
Nope. I soaked them in warm water and Epsom salts for ~20 minutes last night and took this right after my shower this morning.

Isn't it supposed to take like a week? Am I going to die?
>>
>>8920153
Anon, please share if your feet have dissolved after all that peeling.
>tfw really want to use it now too
>>
Feedback on my new plan please?

>bought 20 flannels (britbong for face cloths)
>bought CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
>bought CeraVe Moisturising Lotion
>Wash face with flannel
>Apply cleanser
>Wash it off with same flannel
>apply moisturising lotion
>Throw flannel in wash, use a different one next time

Most guides I've read avoid being specific about which products to use but CeraVe seems good
>>
>>8920826
I don't see anything wrong with this. The flannels may be too abrasive tho
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.