[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convention Etiquette

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 23

File: image.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
My friend and I are doing a panel at an upcoming convention. The con is filled with newbie con goers so we want to do a panel to help them know what to do and what not to do at a convention. Share the dos and don'ts of convention, tips and tricks, horror stories, roommate stories, room etiquette, etc...
>>
Just curious but is it Genericon in the capital region?

Also, personal space + cleanliness
>>
>>8863776
Nope it's a con in Ohio
>>
Dos:
-Bring extra money in case of emergency!
-Bring a bag to carry impulse purchases in
-Carry all documentation on you, con reg, hotel info, ETC
-Brings food and drinks. Hotel food is expensive and nobody pays $15 for a double shot!
-If in cosplay, bring a bag of sewing supplies just in case
-Be polite, nobody likes a guy rushing and bumping into everyone
-Phone charger, bring one
-comfortable shoes in a bag if you're in heels. After a few hours, you'll need them.
-Be mindful of large props! They can break, or whack someone

Donts:
-Don't be over stimulated, screaming all over the place is no fun for anyone.
-Steal, should be obvious, but there are busts all the time.
-Bring live steel. Security checks it, nobody likes it, you'll just get kicked out.
-Go anywhere with strangers. Kinda obvious as well, but even in groups of gulls, be careful!
-Argue with staff. Holy fuck, do NOT argue with staff.
-Run. It can imply a lot of things from theft, to an actual emergency.
-Glomp/hug/whatever without permission. Its as best creepy and at worst can get you removed for sexual assault.
-Kinda odd, but I've seen people in crossplay enter the bathrooms of their crossplayed gender. Seems odd, some cons may have rules against this.
>>
With roommates, if you have an allergy let the others know so that they have something to eat in the room. If the allergy is severe and you can't be near a certain food, then make sure that your roommates understand and that they don't bring the food in. But if you can be around the food and just can't eat it, don't be a jerk and yell and whine when somebody eats something you can't.
>>
>>8863776
My armor took more damage at this con than at the previous three I wore it to combined, simply due to people CRASHING RIGHT INTO ME. So I think "look where you're going" is a fundamental common sense thing that newbies should be instructed on.
>>
Make sure to room with people you know! Don't stay in a room with total strangers!
>>
Don't touch props/outfits without permission.
Don't touch others without permission, girls or guys.
Don't get too drunk, expensive cosplays + halls of people + too much alcohol is never a good idea.

Do stick with your friends/family/etc. esp if you are underage or have underage relatives/friends. Some people go to cons to creep on people. Making friends at cons is normal but don't go off on your own and trust someone you only just met. Make sure your friends are all safe too. So many people just dump their friends off and leave them on their own.
>>
>>8863768
Seal your body paint. Even if you have, avoid touching people and other things if you're wearing it
Absolutely do not touch anyone without permission and generally don't be a creep
>>
Don't feel bad for people who look left out in a group and start talking to them. They are crazy. No one is talking to them because they are crazy.
>>
Don't clog up hallways or walkways trying to get pictures of people. It's really annoying when you have a tight schedule.
>>
If you see a Homestuck or Undertale cosplayer coming towards you, turn 360 degrees and walk away
>>
Get your baring inside the con. It helps a lot if you know where your panels are before you realize you have five minutes to get across the convention center.
>>
>>8864075
I had to learn this the hard way.
>>
Yes:
-Be mindful of your make up. Even if you're not wearing full bodypaint, you risk smearing make up on people and things if you rub your face on stuff.
-Be kind to staff and volounteers. You're buzzing around the con having fun, but they're making sure everything works, holds up and is clean. They shouldn't have to clean up stray gums or argue with you because you didn't read the rules.
-On that topic, read the rules. And abide them. Some might seem strange or silly, but they're there for a reason and you're not in position to question them.
-Wearing a backpack? Take it off for tight crowds and wear on your chest or keep between your legs.
-Wearing a hat or a headpiece or a ridiculous wig? Be mindful of it when watching panels and stage events.

No:
-If you're going to try drugs for whatever reason, don't make your first time be at a con.
-Dry hump your partner (cosplay or romantic) on the con floor; keep makeouts and heavy ship-shoots to private spaces.
-It's great meeting new people at cons, especially when you hit it off, but be careful not to follow them like a shadow all through the con. Don't just invite yourself into other people's groups.
-If you're a teenager, stop hitting on adults. I know you feel mature, and I know that cons tend to be pretty age-intergrated, but they don't want that. And if they do, you should run away and never look back.
-The reverse also goes, adults need to be patient and mindful of teenagers at cons. Don't hit on them, and even though you don't have to babysit them there's no need to be absolute rated R when there's kids present. Don't involve them in games of spin the bottle, and don't invite them to room parties.
>>
>>8864112
I think you mean 180 anon lol. Turn 360 run them over.
>>
>>8864112
>360
That's what I always do.
>>
>>8864209
>>8864211
this...this is painful...

time to sudoku
>>
>>8864207
>-Wearing a hat or a headpiece or a ridiculous wig? Be mindful of it when watching panels and stage events.
This this this this. I was just at a panel last night and this girl two rows ahead of me had this ridiculous paper crown on that prevented me from seeing the panelists. I wanted to ask her to take it off, but she wasn't within whispering range.
>>
- If you and your friends want to split up and do your own thing, then meet up later, don't just rely on "oh i'll text you where to meet". Sometimes the networks can get very clogged at cons, and texts won't go through until hours later. Always have a backup plan like "Let's text when we're done, but if you don't hear back meet by the fountain at 5".
- If you're driving to a con and have the room, stop by a big box store like Costco beforehand and grab a pallet of water and a box of granola bars or similar. It'll save you a shitload of money if you want a snack in the con center.
>>
Yesterday was my first con, and it was fun and all, but I wanted to meet a bunch of new people there but my only social interaction was playing Cards Against Humanity with a bunch of 25+ people (I'm 18). What should I do to create more opportunities to socialize?

Also, I'm a fairly attractive guy (193lbs, 6'1", wrestle, have a significant amount of muscle mass, 16% body fat), what should I do to find girls that are DTF? Also, how do I find the party scene at cons?
>>
>>8864374
>What should I do to create more opportunities to socialize

Go to parties or chat with people when you wait for panels.

>how do I find the party scene at cons

Check the con's general on here. People usually mention where parties are at. If there is no general just listen out for them. You'll usually be invited/ hear about parties while using the elevator at the con's hotel or at the con's rave. If you really are as attractive as you claim you should have no problem find a DTF girl at a con party.
>>
SHOWER
H
O
W
E
R

DAILY
A
I
L
Y
>>
>>8864427
i was in a con room with some girl who was so 'moe'(read retarded) she didn't know how to periods normally. i guess she was super sheltered and lived with her grandparents or something? but she was in my con room and the entire place stank like fucking shit and dead fish. i wanted to die. she smelled so bad you could smell her coming towards you in the open con...
>>
File: 1367847863969.jpg (23KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1367847863969.jpg
23KB, 325x325px
Don't go to a rave wearing a mask with tusks and horns.
>>
Op here, anyone have any good stories?
>>
>>8864430
I don't understand how someone can stink up this bad from a period. But I also still can't fathom why someone would Not shower every day so maybe I am just naive.
>>
>>8864527
she didn't shower even once, used pads and was pretty fat and greasy over all. it depends on how often she changed that shit...
>>
>>8863792

>Don't be over stimulated, screaming all over the place is no fun for anyone.

For the love of God please do not go full autism and scream song lyrics off your smartphone around other people like it was the last day of your life.
>>
>>8864112
>turn 360 degrees and walk away
you almots got it is "turn 360 degrees and moonwalk away"
>>
>>8864562
On a related note:
You and your pals might find it HILARIOUS to sing the show's theme, or whatever other songs, it's not. Not to anyone else. Same goes for speakers. Keep that shit to your hotel room or outdoor parties. Unless it's part of a cosplay or something, but even then it's just a really fine line between "cool" and "annoying".
>>
File: 1451287707927.png (65KB, 265x238px) Image search: [Google]
1451287707927.png
65KB, 265x238px
Don't drink 90% alcohol and only 10% water while wearing compression clothing with armor plus a mask with poor air circulation for 5 hours straight if you want to remember anything the next day
>>
Stay hydrated. Always have a bottle of water on hand.
Eat at least 2 proper meals a day. dont survive off snacks and sugar.
I avoid caffeine as much as possible, but thats me. Spend the weekend buzzing on Monster and experience that drop yourself, I guess.
Other than shower, brush your teeth, so many times I'm talking to someone and instantly put off by their bad breath.
bring extra hair ties, pain killers something for upset stomach and anti histamines.
Want to avoid con flu? always have tissues and hand sanitizer in your hand bad.
I could go on...
>>
>>8864633
And I realised most of mine were more con advise, than con etiquette, my apologies.
>>
>>8864374
Where are you located Anon?
>>
>>8864639

"Being mindful of one's health" should be pretty fucking obvious to anyone with the will to live. And to everyone else, well that advice won't do much good anyway.
>>
>>8864641
Virginia, Near Alexandria
>>
Don't ask for photos in the exhibit hall/artist alley if its crowded and if you do please try to move so you aren't blocking everyone's path
>>
>>8864643
This also goes for pre/post con stuff. I've caused some lasting damage to my stomanch through pre-con stress. Having a new cosplay for this con is NOT worth your health or good relationships to your friends or the time you could spend on the floor having a good time, and unless you LITERALLY make your income off of cosplay, rewearing and skipping outfits is always a better option.
>>
>>8863792
Don't bring chains or collars with leashes either.

Back when Death Note was big, there were heaps of idiots doing the L and Light chained together thing and I saw sooo many people either trip over or get clotheslined.

Same with collars with leashes. I saw someone pull on a collar of a catboy so hard once he lost his footing on the stairs and fell down.
>>
>>8864075
Well, I mean, you shouldn't outrightly say it, but it's pretty much correct. You show a little kindness once and suddenly they're following you around the con like a sad dog telling you their life story and bitching about their friends like you're their therapist or something.

If you're super unlucky, they'll follow you around at the next con too if you're both there.
>>
File: 1332872274604.gif (515KB, 637x360px) Image search: [Google]
1332872274604.gif
515KB, 637x360px
>>8864075
>>8864195
>>8864673

I just want to make new anime friends who share my like for cute and funny cosplays. I'd rather be alone than be stalked.
>>
Seconding the following:
DO - Be courteous to the volunteers/staff who are involved. Even if you don't like them. These people run on empty the whole convention with very little sleep, not enough nourishment, and not a dime goes in their pocket. Without them, there would be no convention.
DO - Clean up after yourself in the bathroom. And while you're at it, if someone has to wash their hands, move your god damn makeup out of the way.
DO - Wash your ass. For real. Every day. And hand wash your cosplay if you're going to wear it a second day.
DO - Bring hand sanitizer and use it religiously. Especially before eating.

DON'T - Crowd hallways to take pictures. I'm the bitch that'll ask you to move because you couldn't walk 20 feet out of the way.
DON'T - I, personally, do not share drinks or utensils with people I don't know personally. The con plague is real. As are other illness/diseases transmitted through saliva.
>>
>>8863792
DON'T go to cons when you have a contagious disease. You may have paid a bit of money to go there, but you're putting other people at risk who may not have as strong an immune system as you do. Little kids and feeble weeblings go to cons too.

DON'T accept food gifts from random strangers unless they are safely sealed in some manner, ie. small candy bars in wrappers. You wouldn't accept home-made food from a stranger on the street, so don't accept them at a con. Some people may have been sick when they made them. Some others are just really shitty and unhygienic cooks and who knows how long those cookies have been sitting in their sweaty bag covered with stained panties. In the worst-case scenarios they may have been laced with something disgusting and harmful on purpose. Don't risk it.
>>
In terms of food a photographer i was talking to on the train said he usually goes the day with just carrots/celery from a 99 cents store and eats later. Tried it a few times and it works for me
>>
I went to surviving your first con panel a while back.
Not a lot of people attended but it was really helpful

And the thing that really stood out apart from the common sense stuff was carrying a bag with you around the con with things like water bottles, oranges and snack bars. I got through all 4 days like a champ with just that piece od advice
>>
>>8864075
>Don't feel bad for people who look left out in a group and start talking to them. They are crazy. No one is talking to them because they are crazy.

Shit I have been going to cons for a decade and I STILL need to learn this.

Don't talk to them. Don't.

I guarantee within 30 second they will fulfill a holy trinity of nope that will be at least 3 of these things.

1.Mention of meds (esp like they are cool and make them special)
2.Mention of pleb tier anime as the best ever and that the hero can take on anyone
3.Mention of them being a reincarnation of a character from that anime.
4.Sob story trying to make you feel bad about something
5.Smelling ....off
6.Mad at someone and when you politely ask the story is clearly made up
7.Too soon personal contact: hug, hand kiss, ect
>>
>>8865241
This just reminded me of the /k/ brownies
>>
>>8864646
Sux to b me
>>
Bring food for your room. Sandwich stuff, microwaveable things. Don't live off McDonald's for four days, please.
>>
>>8865761
?
>>
>>8864075
>>8864673
I don't want to be a special snowflake but I'd say that's not always true. I usually feel a little left out and don't talk a lot in groups simply because I'm shy and I feel like I'll say something that nobody cares about. If someone directly talks to me, it's much easier to have a conversation. At the last con I went to, for example, I was wandering around the con on my own because I felt left out in "my" group, someone approached me and started talking to me about the game I was cosplaying from, we had a pleasant conversation about said game for like 30 minutes and then I went on to do my own thing again. I suppose the difference here is that I don't insist on constantly having someone around, I don't really have a problem being on my own.
>>
>>8865907
It's also good for your budget to try and find a grocery store nearby and buy healthy food there to fix in the hotel room.

Also, if you are in charge of the hotel room, get the money upfront and don't let people into the room until you have the money, even if you are friends. Nothing sucks more than to have people tell you on Sunday that they spent all their money and can't pay you.
>>
>>8865665
Story?
>>
What are the best ways to get to know strangers at a con? Everyone seems to be there with friends (I will be too in fact), and loners are apparently >>8864075. I don't think I'll be cosplaying, and it's Toracon, if those matter.
>>
>>8866242
>get to know strangers
wrong angle entirely. You try to get to know them if you're sharing a room with them, not if you just bumped into them.
You're looking to be able to make conversation. That's easy at a con, so long as one of you recognizes the get-up. There's a subject, work from there. If there's a panel related to where the cosplay is from, ask about that. Clear out or break off if the conversation runs low on direct subjects. That means five minutes for most conversations, no more than 30 ever. Waiting in line is an exception, but you don't need to chat 24/7.

Also, that bit about loners is usually about loners tagging along with a group more-so than just solo attendees.
>>
>>8866284
>wrong angle entirely. You try to get to know them if you're sharing a room with them, not if you just bumped into them.
I'm not staying in a hotel, I live here. Oh well, guess it's just smalltalk for me.
>>
>>8865330
I'm the anon you replied to and that list is so painfully accurate, ESPECIALLY the meds part. I always got the crazies who talk about their meds, self harm, and the abuse they suffered at home. Like holy shit just cosplay as a red flag too while you're at it.
>>
>>8866104
That's all well and good, but sometimes it's hard to tell who will be good for that 30 minute conversation and who is a con horror story in the making.

Just a handful of those stories are enough to ruin it for everyone else.
>>
>>8865241

Well this buggers my plan to bring authetic turkish delights from a sweets store. Pretty good stuff too.
>>
these probably have already been mentioned/some I know have been but:
>set aside an extra 20, 50, 100, 200, etc. in case of emergencies
I have a wallet with a lot of pockets so I like to store my emergency money (cash, or some people may prefer a special credit card/gift credit card) so I am not tempted to see it and use it. Depending on how far away I am I like to keep enough to be able to return home if needed or for something like food. If I'm at a local con and my family is able to get to me/I am able to get to them fairly easily I usually set aside a bit less, if I'm much farther away from home where I might need something like money for a new plane ticket I save more of course or set aside a credit card just for emergencies

>DON'T FUCKING GLOMP PEOPLE
I don't think this is as big of a deal as it used to be but seriously. In general don't hug people, lift them up, touch them, invade their personal space, etc. unless you've asked them. Some people don't want to be touched, some people don't want to be picked up by random strangers, and the big concern is people's cosplays - you might ruin it if you unexpectedly glomp, jump into, hug, etc them.

>Try to be mindful of both your own and other people's cosplays
Watch out if people have parts of their cosplays that stick out or drag or whatever. Sometimes you might not see and that's fine, just apologize. Be careful when you're walking so you don't run into people. Likewise, make sure you take care in your own cosplays if you have pieces that might make it an issue for people walking around you - try to hold up trains when walking around or get a friend to help, maybe turn to the side slightly with things that stick out. Seal your stupid body paint and be mindful of brushing up against things.
>>
>>8866372

don't discount smalltalk. especially if you're not going to a giant con, you'll probably run into people a few times during the long weekend, giving you a handful of small, 5-20 minute smalltalk conversations with them. this shows you aren't crazy and are possibly cool. this is how conquaintances are made, leading to friendships down the road.

>>8866383

meds and introducing themselves as "my pronouns are" before you know their fucking name is immediate danger signs.
>>
>>8866242
Staff. That's how I met half of my new circle of friends.
>>
i have a con story about sickness.
at the time of con my friend has a boyfriend who is sick. he says he'll try not to get us sick but fails horribly. by day two of con i have a fever and so does everyone in my hotel room. i'm dizzy and sweating. i feel like i'm gonna dry up no matter how much water i drink.we didn't bring anything to stave off symptoms

moral of the story is always bring pain killers and cough medicine to con, con funk is the worst illness you can get.
>>
I'd say the biggest one for me would be

>finish your damn cosplay at home

Seriously: it sucks for both parties. It's no fun rushing a final product in a hotel room just to have it fall apart and/or be sleep deprived the next day because you couldn't finish it on your own time. Also, it's shitty to keep any cosplay groups/partners waiting for you to complete it.
>>
>>8867137
I always make sure to load up on some Vitamin C before cons for this reason too.
In my years of going to cons I've been lucky to get con funk only once.
>>
>>8866107
I learned this the hard way. Ex best friend plops his shit in my room and declares he's not paying because my gf owed him money. Should have kicked him out. Didn't because I thought it'd start a fight.
>>
>>8863768
Even though it falls more under to hotel ettiquette, but if you're staying at a hotel for a con, especially if the con is held at one, make sure to not damage any shit.

Vandalizing your hotel room is absolute shit and it ruins a lot for the cosplayers. It should be basic knowledge.
>>
>>8866383
>just cosplay as a red flag too while you're at it.

List maker anon here.
This is perfect. Can I use this? Cause I really hope I can say this one day.
>>
>>8866107
In the same vein, DO budget and DON'T go mad with the purchases. If you're an impulse buyer, conventions will be the death of your bank account. It's also easy to get pressured or guilt-tripped into buying things, so practice saying no and ask the price before you get too attached to it.

There's a girl who does this to us every time we go to a con together. She's utterly obsessed with aesthetics, so she'll buy anything and everything if it takes her fancy - even if she doesn't know what series the item is from. God forbid she ever talks to an artist or she feels obligated to buy one of everything.

It's shit since because of her we can never go anywhere nice to eat. If we do go anywhere nice she'll sit there looking pathetic and outright tell the wait staff she can't afford anything. I dunno if she's trying to embarrass us when she does that, but we've stopped caring.
>>
>>8866148
In a shell, some dude brought brownies to a k meetup. Unbeknownst to the kommandos the baker had came in the brownie mix, documented it all, and posted it in the meetup threads. I doubt someone would do that at a con but better safe than with a mouthful of some stranger's fluids.
>>
>>8863792
>-Kinda odd, but I've seen people in crossplay enter the bathrooms of their crossplayed gender. Seems odd, some cons may have rules against this.
Seems like transphobia desu
>>
>>8863841
THIS. one of my cosplays involves a pair of angel wings that are pretty light and durable so they haven't broken (yet), but i still have to suffer through people just walking directly into them at every single con i go to. even the least crowded ones.

and it's not like they're enormous or anything either which is the worst part. they only extend out maybe six inches off each shoulder.
>>
DO grab some titties
DON'T grab ass
>>
>>8867091
>I have a wallet with a lot of pockets so I like to store my emergency money (cash, or some people may prefer a special credit card/gift credit card)

I agree with this although keep it somewhere NOT in your wallet,

(not much use having emergency money if you lose your wallet or it gets stolen)
>>
How do cons end up making people all sick and tired anyway? Walking around and socializing for a few days shouldn't be making anybody pass out.
>>
>>8867081
Give it to your friends?
>>
>>8868288

just remember if you come into the male restroom and you are smaller than us we are well within our rights to assfuck you, it's just a thing us guys do
>>
>>8870806
Being around so many people increases your chances of being sick just by sheer masses. But a lot of people arent taking the best care of themselves at a con, either by not eating a lot, not sleeping enough, or abusing drugs/alcohol. That alone can lead to a lot of people getting sick.

It is also very very exhausting to be on your feet for 12 + hours for 3 days. Add in shitty shoes for cosplay and not eating/sleeping well, it is easy to be very tired.
>>
>>8870806
If you're not a very extroverted person, it can be quite tiring to be around huge crowds of people getting shoved around, overstimulated by the sights and sounds, and then on your feet all day with limited food choices/opportunities. Mental exhaustion plays just as much of a part in physical health too.

I'm usually okay at cons, but some cons take it out of you way more than others. The worst ones tend to be in winter when you combine all the above with constantly changing temperatures if you have to walk between buildings. Those are the ones where I'm most likely to catch something from the stubborn idiots who have come along despite leaking mucus from every orifice.
>>
>>8863768
If you're a girl rooming with other girls bring extra pads/tampons and a clean pack of panties, this has saved several of my con roommates.
>>
>>8870843

THIS

It really helps the other girls out if the monthly visitor shows up and they forgot their stuff.

It also might help you out because females are known to sync up and I shit you not that if your body has a week to go and someone in the room just started your body might decide to start to.

I've had it happen and I'm regular as hell. So it showing up cause the girl who slept next to me was hormone-ing out was a surprise.
>>
>>8867095
Sadly, I am from a country where pronouns are part of con security, and normal, nice people will ask 'what pronouns do you use' because they're too *enlightened* to ask if you're a boy or a girl.
>>
>>8870806
You underestimate nerds. Most of them tend to be introverted, as most of their days are spent indoors being socially awkward.

Cons are essentially mating season, when they dress up to impress their fellow nerds of preferred sex. Thus, all their energy go towards socializing, an activity not inherent in their nature.

This is the cause of major burnout in some animals, and the elusive nerd is no exception. For many, this is one of very few chances they get to spread their seed/get fertilized, and thus much work goes into it.
>>
>>8867747
I have completely forgot about this one somehow. oh what a glorious day it was to lurk /k/
>>
>>8870806

Thousands of people touching common surfaces, not washing their hands, not covering their mouths when they cough - it's a ripe vector for passing along bacteria. Add in that a lot of people fly, so you've got that whole dry/recycled air in, and then all the drinking at night, and peoples immune systems are already stressed.
>>
would you consider this a DON'T ?

>34 years old
>never been to a con before
>Dreaming of going to one
>no friends or acquaintances interested so if i go i go alone.
>I like anime but my knowledge is extremely limited compared to people on here.

so DO or DON'T go?
is it too creepy?

Also, sorry if hijacking thread.
>>
>>8871863
Dress like a regular person. Don't touch the girls. Ask before taking photos. You'll be fine.
>>
>>8871865
>Dress like a regular person

I thought was a nono
>>
>>8864212
>>8864598
>>8864211

newfigs
>>
>>8871872
Going in costume is not a requirement. How could you possibly think that?
>>
Sharing a room with people? Bring a power strip. You probably aren't the only one using a laptop, battery chargers, or cellphone charger. Rooms have very few outlets overall.

Bring some communal drinks to share with everyone. In fact, everyone in the room should at least bring a pack of water, juices, whatever. so Everyone can mix and match/share. If something is just for you, then write your name on it to let them know.
>>
>>8871890
because i read on this board many times people complaining about the older people coming in without costumes .
They liter lay used the term creeps to describe them...
>>
File: redline3.jpg (128KB, 1860x1044px) Image search: [Google]
redline3.jpg
128KB, 1860x1044px
>>8863768
Don't go to a con alone. The people there are with friends and want nothing to do with you.
>>
>>8871769
I mean, isn't that better with all the crossplayers and weird gender shit that happens at cons? After all, if you're not planning on sleeping with someone, that's all you really need to know, how to address them.
>>
just be yourself
>>
>>8864531
I use pads and I change them constantly throughout the day unless I'm being gross and lazy by myself at home. If she was stinking up the place that badly she probably wore the same one with dirty underwear every day of that con. Shit's gross and unhygienic.
>>
>>8864613
Fuck I hate speakers. Especially in artist alley or crowded hallways where it's harder to escape the sound. It's fun for you, it's not fun for everyone going deaf being forced to listen to your shitty meme techno songs.
>>
>>8872210
But I genuinely don't care about that stuff, and I just find it amusing when people think I'm a the opposite gender.

Besides, they're not adressing me. They're using pronouns to talk _about_ me, and I really don't care which ones they use. If my gender is unimportant, then so should pronouns be.
>>
>>8872167
>because i read on this board many times people complaining about the older people coming in without costumes .

With a large enough group of people you're bound to find someone that finds something about you they dislike. Whether it's being too fashionably dressed, too old, too weird looking, too young, too Chad looking, not well dressed enough, or whatever the fuck, someone is going to think you don't belong.

It's easier to see on /cgl/ because people are anon. You won't find any confrontation in real life.

Just go.
>>
>>8867144
In lieu of this

>Please don't do your makeup in the bathroom
Other people are using that space and it's not your property. It's one thing to do any checking and touch ups, but it's another to do your body paint and foundation while others are waiting to wash your hands.
>>
>>8872296
note:*public bathroom*

It's fine if you're doing it in your own hotel bathroom, but still keep in mind to wipe up as you go/when you're done. No one wants a clogged up sink.

>Photos
Be mindful of where you are before you get a photo taken (i.e.: avoid traffic pathways); likewise, steer clear of photos being taken.

It's strange how common it is for people to jump in without permission or block stairs.

Bring extra garbage bags and/or plastic grocery bags for clean up, and tip housekeeping!
>>
>>8872210
I've yet to run into anyone using special pronouns who I didn't regret talking to.
>>
>>8872272
Well, that's great for you, but it's not for a lot of other people. And I know a lot of folks on here whine about "transtrenders" but when you refuse to respect trans folks (or just cis people who've issues with how they relate o sex/gender, say, they've been called dyke one too many times) because you don't want to "risk giving a transtrender the statisfaction", you're being a dick.

It's the 2010's, the fact that some people aren't percieved as their gender and that a lot of them feel shitty about it, and that refusing to be flexible about how you refer to people, really shouldn't be a controversial idea.
>>
>>8872431
Uncomfortable? Awww.. Too bad they're transgender. That means they have to deal with shit like correcting me, or passing well enough to not have to correct people.

Making me stop is really, really easy. 'I'm a woman, can you refer to me as that?' And voila. No matter how burly you are, I will stop, because between my views on trans stuff, and not being a dick to someone I've just met, not being a dick kinda takes president.
>>
>>8872456
It's people who want to be referred to as 'they' that bothers me, because I don't think what's between your legs should affect how you dress or what you like.
>>
>>8872431
>It's the 2010's why aren't we disrupting our everyday lives to be politically correct yet!
I didn't think this was real.
>>
>>8872282
damn anon. you make a really good point.
thanks a lot!
>>
>>8872456
That's why they tell you beforehand. Because they know they don't pass and would rather not have to correct you.
Thank you for prioritizing not being a dick over being an ideolougist, though. Not that I really think that's something I should have to thank people for but I take what I get.

>>8872470
Do you keep calling people that looks like they'd be named Adam to you Adam, even after they told you their name is Peter?
>>
>>8870808
well i suddenly feel a lot worse about being 5'5''
>>
>>8872513
Good point, but the only people I've met who'd said 'My pronouns are' are the ones who want to be called 'they/them'. I tend to try and find other ways to refer to them than using pronouns(names, etc).

No problem. Someone who's being a dick about their opinion probably isn't worth spending time with, no matter if you agree with them or not.
>>
>>8872568
Well, why? We already know that gender is complex as hell. Regardless of whether you agree with the idea of gender non-conforming identities being a actual identity in the trans sense, it is still the polite thing to do. Intersex people are a thing (regardless of how small the percentage is), so clearly it's not black and white even on the biological half of things.
One reason someone might prefer a non-gendered language is that they're questioning, and at a con they might feel more comfortable trying their wings by being non-gendered than by diving straight into across-the-spectrum transness.
Transitioning is really fucking scary; it took me literal years to dare to walk into the men's locker room, so I really don't blame anyone who chose to utilize a more non-definite way of identifying themselves to fall back on while they get their shit sorted. Especially in a relatively safe atmosphere like a con.

Also, yeah. That's pretty on the nose. There's plenty of trans folks I can't stand, usually because they've a very specific idea of how transness works which, regardless of to which extreme you take it, is a dick move.

Sage because OT as hell lmao.
>>
>>8872657
Because I don't agree with you about gender not being b/w. Intersex are an anomaly, they do not compose enough of the population for us to give them special attention.

Trans is, according to clinics working with children experincing dysphoria, a thing that affects less than 1% of the population, and should be the last resort after years of psychological intervention. This is in order to weed out those whose dysphoria stem from childhood or prior trauma.

While I understand the idea of non-gendering for the sake of easing transition, I still disagree with it. If gender truly does not matter(Except for that less than 1%), then identifying as a feminine male or a masculine woman while questioning should be possible. I feel that using special pronouns for these kind of people re-inforce the idea that your interests and presentation are determined by your genitalia, which is an idea that I am against.
>>
DO talk about related subjects
DON'T talk politics
>>
>>8872789
Agreed
The only reason I brought it up was because someone asked.

Back on topic!
Politics should, in my opinion, generally be avoided at cons. If someone's really loud about their political views(states them unpromptedly all the time, won't shut up if you ask politely), staying away is probably for the best, since they obviously value their politics above getting along with people.

From my own experience, clarifying that you 'are not X' should be enough to defuse any potential disagreements that distract you from the important stuff, which is cosplay and fandom.
>>
>>8872568
>>8872657
>>8872774
>>8872866
>>8872865
stop it
nobody cares
>>
>>8872789
Avoiding politics is good advice in almost every situation.
>>
>>8872657
>We already know that gender is complex as hell.
Except it's not. If you have a dick, you're a man. If you have a vag, you're a woman. Any other configuration and you're a degenerate. Pretty simple to me.
>>
>>8872892
I'm from a country where most cons are very overrun by tumblr liberals.. A lot of congoers will start talking about 'strong female characters' and the like, and the majority at the con will probably agree with them.

Luckily, most of them seem cool, even if you don't share their opinions.
>>
>>8871829

haha you sound like david attenborough
>>
>>8872210
People that obsess over gender tend to be pretty horrible people. They nitpick over other people's bodies and brains like they're some sort of thought police. You can't please those sorts of people either - eventually you'll say something they take issue with and they'll inform all their friends that you're some sort of -ist or -phobic who needs to be harassed in order to mend their ways.

I've had a few friends that have gone through this already despite how many times I've warned them. It's gotten cultish now.
>>
>>8872431
>It's the 2010's

Holy shit, the [Current Year] meme exists?!

>>8872513
>Do you keep calling people that looks like they'd be named Adam to you Adam, even after they told you their name is Peter?

That's names, honey. Not pronouns. Two totally different things.
>>
I think the less emphasis we place on what men and women can or can't do or can and can't wear the less we would see of crazy genders and special pronouns.
>>
>>8872991
Pretty much. These people say they're trying to redefine gender, but I've never seen it so strictly enforced by those same people either - to the point that anything that person defines as a "masculine" trait is demonised in their brains.
>>
Sometimes I wonder how much use of these threads are when most anyone under 18 could use the advice and etiquette reminder.

Oh well.

Tips
>invest in a rice cooker for quick, cheap meals
>research restaurants, gas stations, & stores near con before hand
>invest in a portable power bank
>double check your bank account before the con weekend (please pay any bills before that weekend too)
>keep your money in an envelope & keep track of how much was spent on the envelope
>have a pen or pencil on you
>have an architect's tube for print purchases
>have a shopping tote for the dealer's
>anticipate at least 20 mins of queuing time for bigger events excluding raves and concerts ( which may take longer depending on the con attendance size).

>map out what events you want to go to beforehand and leave time for resting and eating

>doing a panel?
Check how staff handles PPT before the con weekend; chances are they're using older tech and you'll have to borrow their equipment. My recent experience involved that and using Google docs because the laptop was so ancient that it didn't have a USB port.

>That being said
Prepare note cards, have panel assistance save copies for them, save files on clouds and keep jump drives on your keys.
>>
>>8873013
>Rice cooker
>Research nearby locations
>Check bank accounts
>Power bank
>Map out events
>Architect tube

If you phrase it like that imma think you're gonna rob the con
>>
>>8873031
You don't know that anon

:^)
>>
>>8873031
>the cosplayers pretending to be bank robbers were actually bank robbers!
sounds like a bad movie
>>
>>8873076
I'd totally watch the shit out of that
>>
>>8873076
-Scene open, Van pulls up in front of hotel-
Three men exit wearing masks from Payday 2, holding fake looking guns with orange tips
Cut inside the van, 1 hacker on a computer, 1 driver in the seat, 1 man wearing civilian clothing
Masked men walk inside of the con, getting some approving looks from fellow con goers
>"Nice cosplay dudes"
Walk past some hotel staff who smile and comment on their costume
-flashback, green filter-
>Yuri, do you know why we rob the con?
>No? Why Vlad?
>Think for a second of all the places in this city which have thousands of dollars of unprotected cash. Now think for a second of all the places with thousands of dollars, which has ample hostages, no weapons in sight, no weapon checks, and a smile to your costume to boot. Now do you see why we rob the con brother?
>Of course

-Cut back-

Yuri seperates from main group, heads over to registration, Vlad and Hugo head into merchandise room

-Yuri presses into head set-
>You ready yet brother?
Cut to hacker in van
>Of course brother, T-10 seconds till telephone lines and emergency wires go down
>Excellent

Cuts to Vlad in merchandise room
>5...4...3...2...
"BANG BANG BANG BANG"
Shots go flying in the air - mass panic
>THIS IS A ROBBERY, ALL MERCHANTS AND ATTENDEES PLACE YOUR MONEY IN THIS BAG
-throws black bag on the ground-
Mass hysteria
-Vlad fires into the crowd, 10 or so people drop-
>THERE ARE NO WARNINGS, PLACE YOUR MONEY INTO THE BAG OR ELSE
>>
>>8873139
Cut to Yuri, Vlad, and Hugo rushing out the con front door, jumping into their van and driving away as fast as they can - meanwhile police show up and jump hot on their tales

-Van speeds around the block, police still chasing them-
Cut inside van, now shows Hugo, hacker, and Yuri dressed in SAO, SnK, and KLK cosplay respectively
>You ready brothers?
>Of course!
Van pulls back into the same hotel parking lot, police sirens blaring behind them - meanwhile all the con goers are rushing out of the hotel, right into the area where the van is heading

Van slows down, gets right next to the crowd...

Then swerves into - people start panicking and running away

Meanwhile it shows in slow motion the driver, Yuri, the Hacker, and Hugo jumping out of the van in full cosplay, promptly joining the other con goers and fleeing away from the vehicle.

Separate from one another, it shows as they watch from across the crowd as the police recover the van, discover no money in it, then watch it explode from a planted bomb.

Shows them starting to walk different directions away from the con, just like hundreds of other con goers

-Flash back to earlier, shows Yuri and Hugo getting into the van - meanwhile they hand off all the cash to Vlad and the civilian dressed man who jump into a beat up Nissan and start driving the other way from the van-

Flashes back to them driving down the highway
Vlad calls the rest of the gang
>Good work brothers, lets regroup and plot our next greatest crime

Fin
>>
File: 1445881414884.png (209KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445881414884.png
209KB, 1000x1000px
>>8873139
>>8873143
kek

thanks anon
>>
>>8867091
>Likewise, make sure you take care in your own cosplays if you have pieces that might make it an issue for people walking around you - try to hold up trains when walking around or get a friend to help

Fucking this. Coming in from the Katsucon 2016 fire extravaganza, someone had a cape that was dragging a good two feet or more behind them on the ground. I asked them to pick it up so that they didn't get hurt or hurt someone else. To their credit, they picked it up and weren't rude about it (neither was I though). I would have thought that was common sense though, especially during a hectic situation.

>>8873143
That was glorious.
>>
File: nothappy.gif (498KB, 400x192px) Image search: [Google]
nothappy.gif
498KB, 400x192px
Don't fucking 'glomp' people. Back the fuck up.
>>
Room host: get everyone's share of the room money up front. Be firm about it, but don't be a bitch.

Room guest: don't you even think about spending a CENT at that con until your share of the room money is in your host's hand. Set it specifically aside if you have to.
>>
>>8872774
The current liberal definition of gender is ironically sexist as hell. Plus there's more than twice as many amputees as there are trans people in the US and nobody acts like you have to be all sensitive when discussing limbs so you don't exclude a minority. Why is gender dysphoria such a special case when it comes to rare medical problems?
>>
>>8873298
cuz it's trendy
>>
>DO get a luggage lock for your shit, especially if you're rooming with people you don't know, even if they're friends of friends
>ladies: DO bring pads/tampons/medicine even if you aren't on your period. You never know when your body is going to say "fuck you"
>DO bring sandwich stuff and snacks
>DO drink plenty of water
>DO eat at least two real, substantial meals a day
>DO manage your money like an adult. DO NOT blow it all in the dealer room/artist alley then think you're allowed to complain when you can't afford to eat for the rest of the weekend.
>DO practice basic hygiene, for fuck's sake. Shower daily, wear deodorant, and brush your teeth.
>DO NOT eat con food. Hotels price gouge and they can and will take advantage of dumb/desperate con-goers.
>DO NOT touch people without their permission. That's a good way to get your fingers broken or your ass beat.
>DO NOT clog major thoroughfares. If you want a picture or are chatting, move out of the way.
>DO NOT be an asshole to anyone, especially hotel staff and "normal" people staying there. I shouldn't have to even say this one but unfortunately there are people out there who don't get it.
>>
>>8863841
Some fucker was on his walking and talking on his mobile phone and not looking where he was going, there was hardly anyone else around and I was at the side of the corridor, fucker crashed right into me.

I was already having a shit time due to stress and lack of sleep so when he apologised I told him 'it's common fucking sense to look where you're going'
>>
If someone finishes a conversation with you and walks away, don't follow them.

I had a guy follow me around a con all weekend because we were cosplaying from the same video game series, it was fucking annoying.

If you have a problem with someone don't bitch loudly to everyone you meet, the previous people you've bitched to can hear your bitching and it's annoying hearing the same story over and over again
>>
>>8872879
don't invoke that fucking moron, she'll be here shitting on all over the thread
>>
Don't sit in the middle of a corridor rummaging through your bag, fucking move to the side of the corridor even if there's no one around

And put your giant fucking umbrella in front of you rather than beside you
>>
>>8864207
Speaking of romantic partners, if you're sharing the room with other people don't fuck in the room or at least don't fuck in the room when there are other people sleeping in the room, they might happen to be awake and chances are they don't want to listen to your sex noises

Speaking of noises, your roommates don't want to hear you groaning on the toilet whilst you try to pass a painful shit, grit your fucking teeth and do it silently.
>>
>>8864349
Or buy a reusable water bottle and find out if it's safe to drink water from the taps in the town/city where the con's taking place, much much cheaper than buying bottled water
>>
>>8873686
first one definitely understandable, second one seems like a pet peeve of yours.
>>
>>8864527
Showering every day can be bad for some peoples skin

But not showering every day or not having access to a shower is not an excuse not to be clean, you can scrub up with soap and a wash cloth at the sink.
>>
>>8864531
what country was this?
>>
>>8873716
murrica.
>>
>>8864427
Also change your fucking tshirt every day

I was ill after a con and didn't shower for 2-3 days and wore the same tshirt. I ended up absolutely reeking. When I took the shirt off most of the stink was on the shirt rather than coming from me (I was still smelly but nowhere near as bad as the tshirt)

Now if I'm ill I make sure to change my shirt every day if I don't have the energy to shower
>>
>>8870806
Not eating properly
Not drinking enough water
Lack of sleep (either voluntarily staying up all night or being unable to sleep due to noisy roommates)
Drinking alcohol
>>
Don't bring your poor pet to a crowded convention. No, I don't care that she's your "emotional support animal" or that you printed a sticker off of the internet to prove it. I also don't care that you have "anxiety" without her or that you need her as an accessory to your costume. Stop torturing your untrained animal and leave her at home.

>Yes I am fucking salty about the girl who has dragged her cat to Katsucon two years in a row
>Cat looked better this year, but last year was visibly shaking and not eating, which owner claimed was because "she was cold"
>Cat was constantly being passed around and brought to huge meetups for attention.
>>
>>8872456
Takes precedence not president
>>
>>8873731
That poor cat, god what a shitty owner. Can cats even be trained to be service animals? How did she even get a sticker for a cat?
>>
>>8873775
>How did she even get a sticker for a cat?
bought one
>>
>>8873775
There's shitty "certification" websites that you can go to where you pay 20 bucks and they'll give you stickers. I'm sure there's also free ones out there at this point too.
>>
>>8873775
No, cats can't be trained to be service animals. To be honest this girl's cat probably isn't even used as a support animal; it's just a line she feeds people to get them off her back. The cat is almost always dressed to match her cosplay, and at one point in time she had a tumblr for her "cosplaying cat" complete with con schedule: http://vodkamutinithecat.tumblr.com/events

It really grinds my gears that con staff is afraid to kick her out once she pulls the "support animal" card.
>>
>>8872933
It's the 2010's and you dont know that the its the 2010's meme exists
>>
>>8873806
>vodka mutini the cosplaying cat
>he was rescued by tumblr user autonomousartisan is now a service animal who attends meet ups and helps people with their anxiety and depression

What the fuck
>>
>>8873704
>if you're sharing the room with other people don't fuck in the room or at least don't fuck in the room when there are other people sleeping in the room,

Yeah, that shit ain't pleasant for any other people. I was once in a hotel where the heating in the building had gotten stuck on the "as hot as the earth's molten core" setting. A couple friends of mine had just hooked up and despite the heat started making out on the bunk above mine.

There is no greater hell than slowly sweating yourself into dehydration while two guys buttfuck each other above you loudly and make the top bunk sink ever so closely towards your face with each thrust.
>>
>>8873731
I'm getting vibes very similar to that news story about the baby dolphin that was passed around for selfies and died as a result. That poor cat must be terrified being passed around to so many strangers.
>>
>>8873996
the page hasn't been updated for 8 months and the owner's page hasn't been updated for 4 months
>>
>>8873714
>Showering every day can be bad for some peoples skin
smelling like shit is bad for everyone around you
>>
>>8873731
This though
unless you need some sort of seeing eye dog don't bring your fucking pet to a
if your anxiety is so bad you need a pet why are you shoving yourself directly into a heavily crowded area willingly
>>
File: 1445307620384.jpg (65KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1445307620384.jpg
65KB, 604x604px
>>8874227
>There is no greater hell than slowly sweating yourself into dehydration while two guys buttfuck each other above you loudly and make the top bunk sink ever so closely towards your face with each thrust.

ewwwwwwwwww
>>
>>8873709
Plus con centers have water fountains where you can fill them up

Tip: if you have a smartphone, download the guidebook app. Most cons that I've been to will make a digital copy of the schedule available on the app, and you can add panels to your personal schedule which makes your day a lot easier.
>>
File: 14387_4.jpg (117KB, 1000x411px) Image search: [Google]
14387_4.jpg
117KB, 1000x411px
>>8864112
180, you stupid, spaghetti-slurping cretin! 180! If I did a 360, I'd go completely around and end up back where I started!
>>
Went to a con early this year and at a trailer drake panel he made a good point of if you have a question at a panel then just have one question and dont branch it off into two
>>
>>8874596
Here's a (You), newfriend.
>>
If your a deadpool cosplayer or anything simaler, for your sake and everyone elses please use common sense and if your going to do anything ask for consent for lack of better words
>>
>>8871879
why am i a newfag? i was the one commenting on the cringy newfags not getting the dank maymays
>>
>>8872892

This pretty much. I try to avoid politics at all costs with my friends. Especially with everything going on now, #1 friendship killer
>>
If you are staying at a hotel and use bodypaint for your cosplay, don't leave the shower a disaster area! It's really shitty to hotel staff, and if you're rooming with other people it's shitty to them too. Also, some hotels will charge you for leaving makeup stains on their towels, so you may want to bring your own.

"But I'm staying in character!" is NOT an excuse for being an asshole or a creep. (looking at you, hetalia and homestuck fandoms) Seriously. Just because you're cosplaying Prussia, that doesn't give you free reign to smack random congoers with a riding crop.
>>
>>8874619

On this note, don't think that just because you're a "wacky" character like Deadpool or something that it gives you permission to be an obnoxious idiot.
>>
>>8874619
Will be more Deadpools than ever and Deadpool versions of something and sad if there's no actual character, but in Deadpool colors.
"you're" contraction: you are
>>
File: 3QtvPWh[1].jpg (188KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
3QtvPWh[1].jpg
188KB, 1536x2048px
i fucking hate sissies
>>
>>8863792
> Kinda odd, but I've seen people in crossplay enter the bathrooms of their crossplayed gender. Seems odd, some cons may have rules against this.

Why the heck would anyone think this is OK
>>
>>8872201
how do i make a friend
>>
>>8875019
At least they advertise themselves now which makes them easier to avoid.
>>
DO or DON'T cosplay as Donald Trump
>>
>>8873686
> If someone finishes a conversation with you and walks away, don't follow them.

This so much. People talk with all kinds of strangers at a convention. Just because you had a five minute conversation, doesn't mean you're now bffs and you can join that group of friends.

If someone really doesn't mind you tagging along, they'll probably invite you to join their group themselves.
>>
>>8875059

People cosplay as memes all the time.

Just so long as you understand that it doesn't give you a free pass to be a loud, bigoted fuckhead, you'll be fine.
>>
>>8867747
eh, any diseases or aids probably would have been cooked out of it.
>>
>>8873686
>If someone finishes a conversation with you and walks away, don't follow them.
This
if anything ask them where they're going/ask if you can hang out with them for a while/ect
>>
>>8875486

Don't do that. It makes you sound desperate. If they of their own volition tell you where they're going or invite you along, by all means go for it. If they don't say anything to you, they're making it clear that they're done interacting with you and you should fuck off.
>>
>for cosplay damage control and related tips
Fabric glue.
Seriously, that stuff is even in WalMart you have no excuse not to have it, it's better, faster and more stable than trying to frantically sew by hand or hot/super glue and perfect for amateurs.
Easy to wash off too, if you get it on your hands or some part you didn't want the glue to be on.

Matte powder/spray or oil blotter sheets are a must for photos. Also learn to pose beforehand and in different angles (in case the camera-person goes for a low/straight/high angle)

Beware of razor burns and bring opaque skin color tights (and styptic pencil). I mean it, it could ruin your whole mini-skirt cosplay to have razor burns all over your legs.

Also I'd suggest making a business card for yourself with your online name/address to your cosplay website (or art-site) even if you're not a professional, it could help to make new friends or for people to remember you.

Although cosplay make-up tutorials are helpful, they obviously don't work on everybody so practice and learn what works for you.

Finally, try not to let your cosplay friend control you or your con schedule. I've had this happen quite a bit where a friend suddenly needs to go shop for more make-up or something and beg me to join them or give them the free car ride to the store. If they suddenly need something or want to step outside the con and you don't want to go with them, then let them go alone, you're not their parent/guardian.
>>
>>8875486
Better to invite them to something instead. "Hey I'm going to that (mutual fandom) panel later, you wanna go with?"
>>
you'd think this would be obvious to people, but for fuck's sake if you have asthma bring your goddamn inhaler
>>
>>8876089
What do you even do if someone is having an asthma attack and doesn't have their inhaler?
>>
File: 139604021159.jpg (76KB, 606x683px) Image search: [Google]
139604021159.jpg
76KB, 606x683px
If a stranger offers you a drink, take it.
>>
>>8876089
In that same line of thinking, if you need any kind of medication, fucking bring it. It'll save a lot of pain for yourself, and a potential ER trip
>>
>>8876093
Depends how bad. I have asthma and sometimes I just fucking deal with it, it fades eventually. If it's real bad you call the hospital I guess
>>
>>8864374
>significant muscle mass
>16% body fat
>wrestle

Son if you wrestle even in high school and have that level of body fat you either get your butt kicked constantly in matches or are straight up lying. Get outta here...
>>
>>8874612
Why haven't you watched Last Action Hero?
>>
>>8875478
>eating a stranger's cum is fine, so long as he cooked it first!
>>
Con staff here
Just some basic stuff that you should know
-Don't be rude to staffs, most of us barely sleep or eat. We work for free and we want to make sure that goes smoothly so you can enjoy it
-Read the rules, read the booklets. Inform yourself.
-Keep your wallet or purse on yourself at all time. This especially applies to canadians with our health insurance card. The last thing we want is that you get injured and your wallet and phone is with your friends that are nowhere to be found.
-Don't overestimate your body. It kinda ironic given my first statement. But don't power through the 3 days. Eat well, sleep well and drink plenty of water.
-Don't be hobo and sleep in the street. Get yourself a hotel/hostel/motel room if you are out of town
-Don't ask for a picture in a hallway, it will severely disrupt the traffic flow.
-Don't randomly hug someone from behind...seriously that is not cool
>>
>>8876304
seconding this.bring it anyway even if it's a just in case scenario. better to have it than not have it.
>>
>>8874530
Cat was still at Katsucon last week. She was dressed as Catwoman and was pushing the cat around in a stroller when she wasn't posing for photos or letting other people hold it.
>>
File: CUGxWAFU8AAudgl.png (293KB, 599x808px) Image search: [Google]
CUGxWAFU8AAudgl.png
293KB, 599x808px
>>8875059
Do cosplay Trump-chan
>>
>>8867345
Well did your gf owe your friend enough to cover the hotel?
>>
>>8863792
.....why is it so taboo to argue with staff? If I'm not doing anything against the rules, and I can back that up with paperwork, then I am in the right, correct?

Could you please give an example?
>>
DO: bring small and store-able, but nutritious snacks like clif/luna/granola bars, small bags of nuts, etc. You can never bring too many snacks. Bring more than you think you will need, even if you don't carry it all on you at the con. Go food shopping with your group a couple days beforehand, get snack-making things. This way you can pre-make sandwiches, bagged snacks, and other things that you can just grab and take with you in the morning.

DO NOT
insist that you "dont need to carry a bag" because it doesn't go with your cosplay. It can be something small-ish and inconspicuous, but do not go without and just assume your friends will hold your stuff for you.
>>
File: 1.jpg (12KB, 245x407px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
12KB, 245x407px
>>8871879
Dude the turn 360 and moonwalk away joke is ancient
>>
any advice for a 5'5 110 lbs girl going to anime expo alone for all 4 days? this is my second time at a con, first time cosplaying.

only reason im going alone is i have no friends who are into anime, or enough to buy a $70 badge to be there for 4 days... heh
>>
>>8864207
Good thing living in a country where the age of consent is 14, so the last two points don't bother me.
>>
>>8881107
If you're looking for a hookup and/or baby daddy to pay your way, just say it ffs. "Subtly" dropping your measurements isn't fooling anyone or won't matter if you have a butterface.
>>
>>8881997
you are either underage or just an absolute fucking creep and should stop immediately
>>
>>8882065
Not underage and not considered creepy in my country. Stay mad ameriprude.
>>
>>8882120
try harder, I'm an eurofag from a country with aoc 14, and the only people I know who were actually fucking at 14 or earlier are now sluts or did it with someone their age. I can assure you that if it's not considered creepy, you're too young to be on 4chan.
>>
>>8880557

Arguing with staff is a great way to make things worse for everyone else. It's like, don't be a confrontational bitch when they politely tell you to stop clogging up the halls/in front of the elevator or to please not take up seats at the bar/restaurant/whatever unless you plan on ordering.
>>
When someone is posing for photos and there is already a photographer in front of them that has the good angle, do not jump in front of them or sneak under them to get a photo as well.
I cannot stress how annoying this is. And if you are an asshole enough to jump in front of a photographer who is obviously taking photos, don't post your shitty angled pics online.
>>
>>8882120
Eurofag, aoc 15.
The reason for a aoc that low is so dramatical 16yos wont be suing each other for rape. It literally only means it's not illegal. Doesn't mean it's not creepy.
>>
>>8882161
Well we have special laws for kids under 14 so they (or their parents) don't sue each other.
And i admit 14 would still be strange most ppl don't really care if things happen between people at the age 16~26 but it always depends on the situation.
>>
>>8872465
>It's people who want to be referred to as 'they' that bothers me

I'm trans and I asked people to use they pronouns sometimes while I was transitioning because I felt like it would be awkward to use female pronouns when I looked visibly male but it still made me feel bad to be called by male pronouns.

so I mean take that into consideration cause I'm sure there are other people who do that.
>>
Good tips in here; think everyone has covered (and emphasized) the essentials. Only thing I want to add is to please, please leave a tip in your hotel room before you checkout for custodial staff, especially if you room stuffed and/or required extra amenities (soap, towels, blankets, etc.).

>>8873709
Seconding this, not only for cons but for every day life. I always have a water bottle with me so I have something to sip on throughout the day. Whenever it depletes, just go into any food joint and ask them to fill it with tap water if you can't find a fountain. When the bottle is empty, squeeze out the air and cap it so it takes up less space, then fill it back up again when you find a spout. You're saving money and reducing waste this way. You're also less likely to impulse buy a drink since you already have one on you.

>>8867091
>emergency money
I do this, too. I keep a $50 bill safety pinned to my clothes (such as onto an inner layer shirt) just in case I lose my wallet, and pinning it to an inner layer makes it harder to access so I'm not tempted to spend it frivolously.

>>8873677
>You never know when your body is going to say "fuck you"
My friend in college has had her period for an entire month a few times. She had her regular visit, a couple days of respite, and then light to spotty flow for the next 3 weeks. I always carry hygiene products nowadays because of her.

>>8873686
First line is good advice for the socially awkward. I was in the opposite position the last con I attended - we were waiting in line for autographs and I got finished first so I just left after signing. Realized a couple minutes later that I probably should've suggested grabbing lunch or something because the guy was pretty chill.
>>
>>8881107
So you're saying you want some "company"
>>
>>8880597
for real. if someone asks to take your picture you can just put the bag down! incredible how that works
>>
>>8882063
no, i was mostly wondering about navigating through crowds & not getting lost/overwhelmed. also i phrased it poorly but i meant i have no friends that like anime enough to drop $70 on a convention. I can pay for myself, lol.
>>
>>8883254
How large was the last con you went to?

Are you an introvert or extrovert?

Can you deal with con funk?
>>
>>8883284
not very large, but not a small con either. i felt only slightly overwhelmed. i'm an introvert, but only somewhat shy. & con funk i assume is everyone's smelly B.O.... i think i could handle it, that is something i didn't consider too much..
>>
>>8883316
You'll probably feel overwhelmed on Saturday since that's when there's the most people.

You're gonna spend a lot of time in close proximity to people so get ready for that.

And bring something to do while waiting in line for panels. If it's a popular one you'll have to get in line at least an hour and a half to two hours before it begins to get a seat.
>>
>>8883344
thanks, i'll keep that in mind about saturday, i guess i could spend more time outside at meetups? also ... i'll bring my 3ds, i bet my streetpass with blow up!!!

also really strange you post a picture of sachiko, am most likely cosplaying as her, no joke!
>>
File: 1.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>8883363
>also really strange you post a picture of sachiko, am most likely cosplaying as her, no joke!

Oh, that wasn't a coincidence.
>>
>>8863768
> If you have to fart then stand next to an ugly person and do it. Nobody will suspect you
> If you ARE an ugly person that has to fart then ewwwwww GROSS!
>>
>>8883621
You must not be attractive. We attractive people can fart wherever we want and nobody dares say anything (minus friends, because friends must always give you shit).
>>
>>8883627
But this is amongst a crowd of /cgl/s. You guys shit on attractive people all the time. Hambeasts gonna Ham
>>
>>8873731
Fucking THIS!!
So many douchebags brought their dogs to Ikkicon last month. Poor things were shaking so bad they could hardly walk and people blocked entryways because they were waiting to pet them.
>>
>>8884117
>dogs frightened by crowd
>owners letting people pet them

Yup, definitely not service dogs. Fuck those douchebags.
>>
>>8880557
Staff want to do their jobs. If the choice is between arguing and walking away, just walk away. 95% of the time it's the better choice.

This goes for most adult situations where you're not in a familiar/friendly place.
>>
File: canohate.jpg (14KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
canohate.jpg
14KB, 250x300px
>>8865330
>>8866383
I work cons here in NZ. I HAVE to talk to those people. they are the bane of my existence. they scare away customers and celebrity guests handle the merchandise with sticky sweaty hands then leave without buying anything.
if it was legal to shoot them I would
>>
If you're going to fap, go to the bathroom and try to keep it down and clean up after yourself.

Or better yet, bring yourself to stop fapping for one weekend. Christ.
>>
>>8885381
Why not just bang a conslut like everyone else? I can't believe people jack it in fucking public toilets.
>>
>>8885381
>>8885410
It was said that last year during Otakuthon, someone was caught fapping. Luckly staffs were able to catch him when he came back on Saturday night for round 2.
>>
File: vincent_thumb.jpg (26KB, 563x318px) Image search: [Google]
vincent_thumb.jpg
26KB, 563x318px
>>8885169

List maker anon here:

I feel your pain. I've had to be a guest liason between guests and attendees and my god it was so hard to help people realize they were being improper. I didn't even know where to begin sometimes.
>>
>>8886775
I mean I have done the fanboy thing myself. But there is a difference between being stoked to meet someone and turning into a shrieking autistic stalker.
I was introduced to Dina Meyer from starship troopers at a party by a friend. She was my childhood crush ffs but while I grinned like a lunatic the whole time I still managed to act like a grown adult talking to another grown adult.
What a lot of people seem to forget is that while you have seen them on tv or film they are still just people.
Except for Natalia Tena. She was even more hyped up than the fans when I met her. Her handlers were exhausted and she was still excited and running about meeting ppl haha

in short. celebs are people. if they are excited be excited too! if they are chill then chill cuz. dance to the music that's playing people :)
and always have a mint handy.
>>
If you're having a guest autograph something in a DVD or CD case, take the paper out of the case itself -before- you get to them. I know it's a simple thing but I've seen so many people forget that shit. It's a hassle for everyone and slows the line down.
>>
Do have the maids change bedding.
One of my friends is a night sweater. He stinks the place up after two nights if the bedding isn't exchanged.
>>
>>8867550
whoops ultra late but yes go for it!
>>
>>8876093
You calm them down and get away from their allergies. Normally if they get away from what caused it they'll be fine. Call hospital when you can see their neck muscles define with every breath, they need stronger medicine than an inhaler in that case. Also yell at them for not being prepared.
>>
If a VA is having a panel, don't get them to say obscure lines that only you remember because it will be very awkward, I learned this the hard way.
>>
>>8887628
Caffeine can help with Asthma. Coffee or sodas can help if they don't have their inhaler. I had an Asthma attack for the first time in my life while helping my grandpa haul hay. I was having a lot of trouble breathing, I chugged a couple of sodas and it helped I stayed out of the dusty bar the rest of the day and was ok.
>>
>>8882355
You still look male, freak
>>
If you're staying in a room all weekend it helps to bring:

A surge protector- I've stayed in rooms with ONE standard outlet available. 2-4 people in a room, each with multiple devices can make it difficult to charge at night. Also helpful if you bring any computer equipment with you.

Trash bags- especially if you aren't letting housekeeping into the room. Hotel trash cans are always tiny, bringing your own trash bags will help keep the trash situation under control. If you tie the bag up and leave it outside your room, housekeeping will come pick it up. The bags can also come in handy for dirty laundry.

If you're planning on making food in your room, don't forget utensils, plates, cups etc. (It generally doesn't hurt to bring this in the first place.) Sucks to cook something like rice and have nothing to eat it with - learned this the hard way. Cups are always nice to have too. The rooms never have enough, and I don't trust the non-disposable cups hotels have (don't know if they're sanitary or not).

Panel etiquette- I wish it could be known everywhere that people shouldn't ask really common questions at panels that anybody could take a second and go look it up. Or if the question has already been asked, please don't ask it again!

If they say "We aren't allowed to answer that" or it's an off-limits question for whatever reason, asking it 900 times won't make them change their mind. It goes back to the "Con Guests are people" thing- they might be under contract to not discuss something or maybe they're just not comfortable discussing something. I hate seeing stuff like this at panels, I feel like it's reason for the guests to not come back.
>>
>>8887646
Yeah caffeine is good but should only be used for keeping the person awake long enough to tell if their symptoms worsen.
Personally the caffeine trick doesn't work well for me because of my allergic reactions being serious. Pine pollen puts me in the hospital every Christmas because it's in every lot, store and nearly every home I go to. Because of this I will never move out of the desert and have to cart around a breathing machine just in case my lungs decide the air is too much and try to strangle me.
All while just trying to be cute and active because of all the steroids keeping me from dropping dead.
>>
>>8887612

You wouldn't believe how many people I've met who are super paranoid that the maids will steal their shit while they're out to the point that the "Do Not Disturb" thing is firmly jammed in their lock all weekend.
>>
>>8873731
I know a girl who brings her corgi to AB. Dog's obvi chill with it though. Couldn't care less but she doesn't ever bring it into the con. Just to Pre reg and hanging out in the Sheraton. I asked her once and he explained that her family works in medical and the dog was meant to go into nursing homes to comfort seniors. But she made a bad judgment call on friend's untrained Shepard. The Shepard attacked the corgi who is now terrified of anything bigger than a yorkie.So she takes her along but never any longer than needed as she can't board her.
>>
>>8887883
Personally after watching a few reports I'm more concerned about actual cleaning happening.
>>
>>8887687
>I wish it could be known everywhere that people shouldn't ask really common questions at panels that anybody could take a second and go look it up.
I swear, there was a guy at Midori Fukasawa's panel at AN who asked what lolita was
>>
>>8888107

Oh no, there will be semen and other fluids everywhere in that bitch. Never bring a UV/blacklight into a hotel room, no matter how swanky it seems.
>>
>>8873731
inb4 support horses/minis "cosplaying"LoZ or painted as MLP and "waaah they won't let her in, she likes crowded spaces! omg anxiety"
>>
>>8887883
Yeah we've had badges thrown out by mistake but I'd they'd been carried it wouldn't have been a problem. The trick is to have someone present or use on site laundry.
>>
>>8866104
You were also walking around alone, NOT being the one being ignored in a group. That's different.
>>
>>8874227
How can people not just tell others to knocck it off? This happened to a couple of my friends at the last con they went to, the girl they went with picked up a random dude and started fucking on the top bunk, and both of my friends didn't say anything even though they were uncomfortable as fuck
I don't get it
>>
>>8888368
Why not leave? That's always an option but people are too awkward to do much in that situation.
>>
>>8888368
Legit, I'm a super shy and quiet person, but I would tell them off.
>>
>>8888275
Makes me think of a poodle picture from AX a few years back. Dog was dyed to look like RD and poor thing was clearly miserable
>>
>>8864212
>time to sudoku
>My sides
>>
>>8887883
As long as your roomates aren't disgusting slobs there's nothing wrong with this. Most hotels have begun not changing the bedding anyhow during short stays - they just change the trash and restock things. When you have a bunch of cosplay shit out, it's just as easy to ask the maid for towels/shampoo/changing the trash when she comes by.

We generally always keep the DND sign on the door, but at a recent con we had an adjoining room with friends. The adjoining door was cracked open, and the maid entered our room through it despite the DND sign. In the process of cleaning up she threw away a bunch of pricey makeup removers that we'd left out on a table. Front desk didn't have any replacements, so we were out the cash and had no makeup removers for the rest of the con.
>>
I feel like this could be beneficial for someone out there
http://digg.com/video/packing-clothes-sock?utm_source=tumblr
>>
>>8864562
fuck I was one of those kids back in the day...

>>8864669
This. Only exception this this is private photoshoots. Othre then that, please don't drag friends (or have your friends drag) you around the con with a leash. Matter of fact, I'm sure this and 'yaoi paddles' are banned all over now.

>>8871829
Accurate.

>>8872201
Shit, uh in that case...
Anyone going to animazement?

Also as many have already said do /not/ glomp/hug/etc without permission. I almost died one year from this due to some vampire knight cosplayer...
>>
>>8872201
FUCK.
Um. Any VAfags want a new best buddy?
>>
>>8873806
>http://vodkamutinithecat.tumblr.com/events

That looks like my cat, which makes me even more mad. The poor thing.
>>
>>8875446

I remember at Otakuthon last year, there was someone dressed as Shia LaBeouf and kept shouting "JUST DO IT" every 5 seconds. Fucking annoying.
>>
>>8880597
Someone in DragonCon with Disabilities group said that people shouldn't bring nuts because the dust from nuts can set off peoples nut allergies
>>
oh but it's alright to touch the guys right?
Yeah girls are the only victims in this world, the only ones who require attention.
Thanks man you're presenting yourself as a typical trash human being.
>>
to be scientifically honest, it is.
You're just speaking from a sarcastic cultural/moral-based standpoint.
>>
>>8892393
Nuts really are something you should probably avoid at conventions, public transport, etc. It's just such a common allergy, and many react even to very, very little.
>>
Dunno if it's been said but know when to ask for a photo. The cosplayer just came out of the bathroom stall or has their wig off, sitting down? Don't ask for a picture then.
I was in OTT sweet but got sick and had to sit down and sip water. Wig is off, pale as hell and shaking and I had 4 people ask for pictures. One girl even asked as I was throwing up in a garbage can and seemed offended when I told her to piss off
>>
meant to direct >>8892467 at >>8871865

and this
>>8892481
at >>8877446
>>
>>8892467
Girls are much more likely to be the victims of sexual harrassment than guys which is why the first thing that comes to mind when someone wants to make the point "don't sexually harrass people" is "don't creep on girls"
>>
>>8892270
Hey boy I live in VA. What is your next con?
>>
>>8892504
oh yes, men are always the predators and this needs reinforcement into a concise and accurate "don't touch the girls" instead of "don't sexually harrass anyone" for the sake of convenience and understanding for everyone.

nah boys have never been molested or raped in the history of mankind before or on a day to day basis or because so much attention is already placed into girls that boys are neglected and much easier prey-- oh they were less likely were/are they? oh okay then well if they're less likely then fuck them LOL

just girls,
girls all the way
ONLY.
boys?.. nah less likely therefore they don't need ANY awareness at all, it's just girls, right? it's so much more helpful and economical at the end of the day to leave boys out of the equation.

thanks you made it so much more efficient
>>
>>8892552
How fucking butthurt are you? Jfc
>>
>>8892552
I said it was why harrassment of women was the first thing that came to mind for most people, not that male harrassment didn't matter or exist. This is a 4chan thread about how not to look dumb at cons, not a social justice signal boosting post for your pet issue.
>>
>>8892552
>because so much attention is already placed into girls that boys are neglected and much easier prey
Thank you, this explains so well why over 90% of child sexual abuse victims are still female and why women who claim they were raped still get doubted and mocked. Good thing you're here to shut all those silly female abuse victims up so we can talk about the male ones, who I doubt you care about at all outside of the context of shutting down discussions of the female ones.
>>
File: klaxon-baghera.jpg (236KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
klaxon-baghera.jpg
236KB, 1920x1920px
>>8892330
I staff at Otakuthon. I heard about this guy but never saw him.
I would also point out, don't do something at a regular interval that becomes really really annoying. A few years ago some homestuck cosplayer kept honking one of those really annoying (can't explain so here's a pic) 3-4 times every 30 Seconds. Got annoying within 1 minute
>>
>>8892552
Calm down, son. They already said they chose that word choice to be concise, all you needed to do was add "don't molest anybody," and we would have been good.

Because you took it as some personal affront, now we have all thus shitposting.
>>
>>8874545
Showering everyday actually makes your body produce more oils and makes you nastier.
Showering every OTHER day is ideal.
>>
>>8887629
Oh, god, this. Most VAs don't remember every little thing they said in some show that was like a decade ago or more.

Also, don't ask VAs these questions:

>What's your favorite anime?
Most VAs don't seem to actually watch anime, either because they're too busy or they're just not that into it outside of work.

>How can I become a voice actor?
There's online resources for this. Also, the answer always seems to be "Move to LA or New York and audition for shit."
>>
>>8892729
This. I shower every two days. It fits my lifestyle better and showering every single day is a fucking hassle (I take long showers).
>>
>>8892504
Strangely, I think I've had more girls do creepy shit to me than guys. Guys tend to stare and make weird comments, but girls sometimes think it's perfectly okay to touch another girl's body due to their gender. I can't count how many times I've had other girls come up and start playing with my hair, poke my boobs, or even bury their face in my cleavage. I hate people touching me regardless of gender.
>>
>>8892582
over 90%? would you like to provide some scientific studies or source where you plucked that number out of?
Do you think that boys don't get mocked for being raped? Do you think boys aren't human beings just like girls are? Oh wait you think boys should "man up" right? That they have nothing to lose unlike your precious little vagina down there that can't see the sacred light of day? Boys totally don't have any emotions and because word is kept hidden about them being victims (due to a nature of social stigma against males being weak), it means rape happens much lesser to boys right?

Do you even know that a prime example of males being neglected is prominent in places like the middle east where women are so sacredly held that the trouble to rape them isn't worth it so men resort to boys?

I don't think you even realize that rape is just like bullying. It's not mainly about your gender or looks that get you victimized, it's how helpless you are regardless of whether you are a male or female.

Educate yourself before you speak out of your ass based on your groundrooted ideals, fucking braindead whore.
>>
>>8892559
>>8892578
Just because it isn't the first thing that comes to mind does it mean you should neglect the opposite side of anything?

Did it REALLY bring forth greater net change to mention girls only and not boys in the topic of telling people to avoid being sexually touchy at a con? Is it CORRECT the idea that girls come to mind first at all?
Did you ever think of that?

It's rancid idiots like you that plague the world living in your small little bubble that shuts everything on as you paint "I'm the victim, no one else is, they must be fine" on the inside that really is a problem to the human race.

Funny another event much an analogy of this happened and I can say it if you can't fathom what I said above in your little bubble.
It's like gorging happily on all the cookies in the jar and putting aside any sort of responsibility and guilt by telling yourself "Nah my friends probably don't like them anyway." excuse, and you say exactly that with a surprised, dumb look on your face when your friends tell you they would've liked to eat some. Some even tint their expression with a tone of self-righteousness.

I can go on and rage but there's plenty of material out there in society as it is that girls aren't the only victims and that boys need equal attention, yet such material gets no eyes at all as it is much like how these words are turned a blind ear to by you fucktards.
>>
File: graham yea no.gif (2MB, 245x281px) Image search: [Google]
graham yea no.gif
2MB, 245x281px
>>8892330
>mfw he was just behind my table
It was actually painful since I couldn't move from my spot and got a headache from the constant yelling
>>
>>8892717
I heard a couple of years ago there was a problem with people blowing vuvuzelas at an anime con (including outside a room where a panel with a major guest from japan was taking place)
>>
>>8892717
>>8892977
Does anyone has that story where an anon did a rad kazoo workshop, but it ended up arming a bunch of weebs with kazoos so the con banned it?
>>
>>8892963
You people need to chill. Getting your bloomers in a bunch will do nothing, I can promise you this person doesn't give a shit about your long ass statement.
>>
>>8892998
The person sperging about male rape is probably a troll anyway
>>
>>8892998
Nice stepping in and pulling the "everything is okay, no one cares" card when there is a dire issue at hand.

You're the reason why people aren't shit right?

Nah everything is okay, isn't it inside your little bubble?
>>
>>8893000
Yeah they're just trollin LOL
That'a what it says on the inside of my bubble too, I just painted it on.
Makes it so much easier to deal with facts I can't handle.
>>
>>8892729
>>8892766
disgusting
>>
>>8892775
Holy shit. Me too anon! Had girls come up and start poking around my underboob asking how I'm keeping them up or they'll straight up stick their face in my cleavage to look down and see what sort of bra I'm using or if I'm using hollywood tape.

I mean FFS it's a female body, but it's not YOUR female body.
>>
>>8893118
Enjoy your shit skin and greasy hair.
>>
>>8893002
Dude, it was one line in one post on 4chan of all places. Giving somebody an unsolicited and unwarranted lecture on male rights is just as bad as SJW bitching. Is this really the hill you want to die on?
>>
>>8893171
And you enjoy smelling like shit
>>
>>8892980
This reminds me of last year during otakuthon, one of the vendors sold ocarinas. Dude was playing in the exibition hall to promote his ocarinas and quickly sold out. Everywhere I went, I heard an ocarina...staff lounge, restroom, hotel room.....everywhere
>>
File: Otakon2010_15.jpg (139KB, 588x783px) Image search: [Google]
Otakon2010_15.jpg
139KB, 588x783px
>>8892977
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2010-07-14/no-vuvuzelas-at-otakon
lol
>>
>>8892977
It was at AX when the 2010 world cup was going on. After that con, Otakon and a few others hung up No Vuvuzela signs, it was hilarious. But then again it was damn annoying at AX so thank god.
>>
>>8863768
>Convention Etiquette
You are at a degenerate anime meeting not an important place you autist.
>>
>>8873721
this- my town is full of some weird religious sect that doesn't believe in bathing, and they take it really seriously. But they change clothes several times a day.

Clean clothing is like at least 60% of being presentable

Now you might be thinking, "but if all I need to not stink is change clothes, why shower?" To wash all the germs off you, ya dingus. Even if you won't get sick from it, your friends probably will.
>>
>>8872456
Final Fantasy VIII taught me this well. Sorceress Adel, am I right?
>>
>>8875026
But women's bathrooms are full of blood and are very crowded

I may or may not occasionally use the opposite bathroom, regardless of cosplay...

Shit, it's just toilets.
>>
>>8892963
HOW CAN SHE SLAP?! HOW CAN SHE SLAP!?
>>
>>8864091
This!! If you're a cosplayer being asked to take a picture in a crowded area, just kindly direct the photographer where there isn't much traffic and do the same if you're the person behind the camera.
>>
>>8894679
I recognize this reference. lol.

She deserved it though.
>>
>>8894628
>full of blood
Spoken like a true man who's never been inside of one.
>>
>>8886311
I was sitting in front of this guy on Saturday night. True story. He was clothed and rubbing a cane against his crotch.
>>
>>8895234
Yep that's the guy lol. That was how staffs were able to recognize him. He even ran to a restroom to hide
>>
>>8894628
This. Whichever one doesn't have a line out the door I'm going into.

>>8895018
You ever been in a nasty women's public bathroom before? I see bloody pads and tampons littered around a lot
>>
Rule no 1 DO NOT cosplay as Deadpool
Just dont.
We'll kick your meme ass.
>>
>>8895296
Deadpool haters jelly that gangs of roving Deadpools are taking over the convention.
>>
>>8895314
Jelly of what? I actually put effort into my Deadpool once and almost got kicked out of a con just because every other fucking Deadpool was trashing shit up. Maybe if the DP's actually put effort into their shit and didn't act like being Deadpool is an excuse to be a total ass and pretend to be D-Piddy then maybe people wouldn't fucking hate them.
>>
>>8895289
Uggggh yeah, and the least we talk about the smell of rotten bloody crotch, the better.
>>
File: 1455438299188.jpg (17KB, 640x406px) Image search: [Google]
1455438299188.jpg
17KB, 640x406px
>>8894583
2/10 edge
try harder next time
>>
>>8897113
I love how weebs think they aren't filthy degenerates that will be purged once god king trump is elected
>>
>>8897118
still 2/10
sad, sad little man
>>
>>8895296
>we
>>
>>8897118
>implying Emperor Trump won't make anime real
>>
>>8863776
Genericon is in upstate NY, it's nowhere near DC?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.