[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hobbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 27

File: IMG_6977.jpg (3MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6977.jpg
3MB, 4272x2848px
What are some of your hobbies Cgl?

Are there any hobbies you got into because of Cosplay/Lolita?

Are there any you've dropped to make more time for Cosplay/Lolita?

Do you have any that completely contrast with your interest in Cosplay/Lolita?
>>
>>8861766
My grandma taught me how to press flowers and I do that when I have the time. I prefer to use the flowers in my garden so I haven't been able to do much this winter unfortunately. Sometimes I take advantage of the post Valentines sales and buy bouquets just because.
>>
>>8861783
That's so sweet Anon!
>>
I collect postcards. A lot of what I've got in my collection are new and I display them in a collage that takes up pretty much an entire wall of my room. But I also have some old ones that belonged to my grandmother and some I bought online.

At the moment my goal is own some Kira Imai postcards.
>>
File: tightstest.jpg (4MB, 3000x6000px) Image search: [Google]
tightstest.jpg
4MB, 3000x6000px
I mod vidya james. It only exacerbates my love of stylish frilly victorian things when I actually attempt clothes. I've recently decided to get into resin crafting and making lolita accessories after realizing there is very little in the way of stained glass church window items to coord with. I plan to make a lot of things for myself, and to open a store as well.
I'm inspired by stained glass, bread prints, and mushroom/forest stuff.
>>
>>8861783
That has always been something I wanted to get into? What do you do with your pressed flower if you don't mind my asking?
As do me my hobbies are embroidery, sfx make up, and crochet (I'm trying to get into needlefelting as well but I'm am not sure how I feel about it) so I find they mesh well with my seagull hobbies. Pretty much all my time is making masks, embroidering patches, or crocheting dolls.
>>
Vidya, Lego, computer hardware and cars. I try to pick chracters that have some neat electronic gimmick to add to my cosplay, shit like LEDs or EL wire, or spring-loaded stuff.
Too bad I'm poor as fuck and all of this is expensive.
>>
>>8861766
I play piano and trumpet - and was in a marching band for ten years (middle+high schools and college). Made one friend through this because we were both in cosplay and found out that we were also in different marching bands!

I tried to pick up running to get fitter for cosplay, but had to drop it after getting employed because I don't want to wake up at four in the morning to go running in the cold. Job basically runs 6:30-6:30 (after adding in commute), and it's near always unpleasantly dark by the time I get back. :(
>>
Teacher by trade. Hobbies include
-Travel
-Writing
-Standup
-Vidya
-MtG and other /tg/
-Vidya
>>
>>8861889
I'm trying to get into running, at the moment I'm only doing 10 minutes each day but I'm building up stamina and hopefully soon I'll be able to go on a proper run.
>>
>>8861907
stand up as in Comedy? How'd you get into that Anon?
>>
>>8861809
I know an event I went to gave out either post cards or post card sized prints of her artwork, and I thought I saw someone on LM selling them. Can't seem to find it now though....would you want mine? I'll check to see if its an actual post card when I get home if that makes a difference to you.

My hobbies are weight lifting, and translating english songs into Japanese and then singing them. It's stupidly fun and a good way for me to practice my Japanese that doesn't involve online shopping
>>
>>8861956
Postcard Anon here, that'd be great!
>>
>>8861971
Okay cool! Send me an email and I'll be in touch!
>>
>>8861984
Sent.
>>
I've been into writing, knitting, video games, violin, viola, and piano for a long time, and recently started learning Chinese calligraphy from my dad, and he's super hyped that I'm taking more interest in my heritage. After I get decent at it I think it'd be neat to wear a qi lolita coord for a photoshoot where I'm doing calligraphy, but I'd have to find furniture for the right look and feel.
>>
>>8861824
Well often I buy blank greeting cards in bulk and glue the flowers to them so I always have something personalized to send out to people for birthdays, Christmas, etc. When I'm feeling really creative I'll also buy pastel colored papar and do elaborate designs which I frame and give away. It's a surprisingly easy hobby to get into and very rewarding. When my friend got married I pressed flowers from her bridal bouquet and arranged the petals as her wearing her dress. Sometimes I think about making pressed flower art of coords in the draw thread but I chicken out since it's flowers and not a drawing haha.
>>
>>8862094
>Sometimes I think about making pressed flower art of coords in the draw thread but I chicken out since it's flowers and not a drawing haha.
do it anon! the quality of art there is all over the place and some anons do not even get art. we just lost a thread too early because no one was contributing and the spammer knocked it off the board. please share your talent.
>>
File: haro.gif (108KB, 385x550px) Image search: [Google]
haro.gif
108KB, 385x550px
I used to do stained glass a lot as a kid. I still do, but not a lot due to school, its an expensive hobby and messes your hands up if not careful.
Lately Ive had this dream to a large window design paying homage to giant mecha, I want to draft a design outline soon, but reading week is almost done...
>>
>>8861766
I got really into fashion history and home economics because of lolita. (Even though home ec. is kind of required for me, lol) Outside of lolita I love video games and musical theatre. Chess in Concert (Idina Menzel/Josh Groban/Kerry Ellis/Adam Pascal) is my favorite, and is the reason I want pretty much every chess related lolita thing out there. My first brand piece has chess pieces on it. :D
>>
I love baking! I bake pretty much every day. I just wish I had more people to bake things for. A lot just gets thrown away.

I also collect Blythe dolls, if that counts as a hobby.
>>
>>8862172
I have a meager Pullip and Kurhn collection.
>>
>>8861922
Start with walking. Building stamina with 10 minute run sounds really ridiculous. Walk with a good pace everyday and it does magic.
I walk to work 2,2km (1,3miles) everyday and back. So it's 4,4km a day. It's not much but it's something.
>>
>>8862179
Maybe I didn't explain myself very well; 10 minutes a day is what I've worked up to after starting with walking months ago. I'm not very fit...
>>
>>8862196
That's nice that you've been working on it for so long!
I would recommend cycling and swimming too if you're able to do it. Both good ways to exercise and won't stress the body too much like running does.
>>
Swimming
I'm otherwise fine but my biceps are fucking insane for my short skinny frame, which makes wearing lolita difficult
>>
I used to be pretty big into Transformers (not the movie franchise). I have a small collection of figures and I used to be really active on the forums. Nowadays I just keep up with the comics. I don't discuss them with anyone anymore, I just enjoy them by myself. It's a lot more fun.
>>
>>8861766
I have tons of hobbies and things that I collect. At this point you could stay I collect collections.
I collect a wide variety of dolls. Basically whatever I think is cute or charming. I have vintage plastic walker dolls, tiny vintage dolls, two Bluefairy msds, some antique composition baby dolls, a modern Blythe, and lots of other cute little ladies. I also have tons of kitschy vintage porcelain figures. I have cherubs, deer, kitties, a snow white figure. etc. All vintage.
I have a gigantic collection of vintage postcards. I keep them in photo albums to store them. My favorite ones I tape to my wall or frame them. Occasionally I switch out the ones I display. I also collect antique photos of good looking or striking people. I have lots of pictures of cute babies, kids, ladies, and young men. I have some victorian era ones but they range out a lot, I have some from all eras.
I also collect vintage slips, 60's dresses, and gunne sax dresses. And of course, lolita dresses. I buy damaged vintage jewelry and make my own jewelry designs from them (started doing that when I was twelve.)
I go to estate sales, garage sales, and shop on ebay and thrift stores a lot. It's usually the only time I get out and spend money. I love all my collections because they inspire my photography and art. I think all my hobbies are kind of related to each other in creativity. I got into lolita because of my love of dolls. I never really stop collecting anything, but I show restraint and don't feel a need to keep adding. If something special comes along by chance I will buy it. But my collections grow slowly :)
>>
Pottery, drawing, sewing, video games. Listen to lots of classical music while drawing and pottery and have a serious love for baroque, I listen to a lot of cbc radio2. I love traveling but it's a lot of work to plan and decide everything so things run smoothly, but I guess that's part of the fun. Drawing I have to push myself a little to enjoy because it's also my career, but it's good. I just started pottery last year and I absolutely love it, I regret taking it up this late in life, it's so tactile and the whole process is very rewarding.
>>
I like to weld and forge stuff
>>
>>8862222
Same here! I have a small collection of Transformers and sometimes I like to transform my entire shelf in one go. I'm also enjoying the comics as well.

I love to bake and cook, I've been really into making bread lately. I also am into aquascaping and I used to play the violin.
>>
I play the piano, I draw and paint and I'm into calligraphy and photography. I did all of that before discovering lolita though. I was always interested in art history and was reading up a lot of it. I appreciate all the references to past decades and styles you find in lolita clothing and all the detailing. Lolita made me appreciate my feminine side in general. I really enjoy cooking and baking and wearing pretty dresses, all which I used to hate before I got into lolita.
>>
I love baking, knitting, felting (with cat hair), drawing, painting, photgraphy, making AMVs which lead to work making music videos, horse riding, ballet, ballet pole dance, aerial hoop, creative writing, vidya, trekking in the woods, rolling fancy spliffs and play 5 instruments at the moment. I used to be in orchestra, samba band and chamber choir in school and only took up music because I got completely obsessed with Final Fantasy 10 when I was 14/15. I taught nyself to play piano and flute listening to the soundtrack over and over so hastily decided to take up music GCSE and did a few grades. I was in a steelband that competed on a national level which was cool apart from having to practise 18 hours a day (or more) through the summer and hauling the steel drums in/out of vans, to the top of floats (10-15 foot above us) etc.
>>
>>8861766
i am really, REALLY into collecting things.
i started a project where i collect patches relevant to my interests and when i have enough (i'll never have enough), i'll sew them into a jacket.
i'm also looking into creating an itabag. my favourite character has no merch so my favourite part of the process will be finding merch and making my own.
i also collect amiibos, but to limit the amount i spend i only collect female characters. i'm looking into customizing amiibos for characters with female alts.
and to expand on that, if i have enough collectables for a certain series, i'll make a 'shrine' to show off my merch. i have at least 2 hello kitty shrines and a RWBY one.
other than making my walllet cry, i'm studying graphic design and illustration so i'm hoping to get a job that is also my hobby.
>>
>>8862388
I also collect rocks/precious stones, ticket stubs from events, retro pokemon merch, horse and cat-related postcards and stamps. I think I'll sell off the stamps though as it was my parents who wanted to get me in it, really.
>>
>>8862121
may i ask how you learned? would it be dangerous to self teach?
i'm super interested in stained glass, and there are some classes available about an hour away. it costs $500 for four lessons, and they're only open on weekdays so i want to consider other options if possible

loving everyone's hobbies, it reminds me that i used to do plenty of other things before i got into lolita. i want to press flowers again, especially to stick on cards
>>
Before falling for lolita and other j fashions I used to photograph weddings, nature..... Profitable things.
But when I don't have events or people to shoot I cutout dress silhouettes and take pictures through them to make the scenery the dresses print.
I love how Artsy this board is.
>>
I do wire wrapping jewelry in spare time between outfits, I'm not terribly good at it but I love the organic look and I have always liked stones and gems
>>
I got into tea cause *~purincessu raifustairu rorita~* back when I was 12. Now I'm 20 and moved from English style flavoured tea to Chinese oolong and pu-er as well as Japanese sencha but still enjoy a large variety of world wide teas. I even learned how to use various traditionnal tea ware. Funny enough I can't really enjoy tea parties anymore because most of the time it's over-heated poorly flavoured tea, but eh, still got the cakes.
>>
File: tumblr_nr70n4nWt41un0bvgo1_400.gif (2MB, 290x165px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nr70n4nWt41un0bvgo1_400.gif
2MB, 290x165px
Playing video games got me into cosplay, so there's that.

Before cosplay I was part of a performing arts activity called color guard for 8 years. I havent stopped per se, but I'm taking a break because its very expensive and time consuming, and I wanted a chance to do other things, ie. making cosplay and going to cons with my friends. I miss it dearly, but I'm sure I'll do it again some day.
>>
I used to be into historical fashion before discovering lolita, and the focus on quality details on non-printed items got me into high fashion. I love avant-garde and have been collecting things from traditionnaly inspired brands.
I'm also super found of ethnical clothing, love kimono and would like to try saree soon. I'm slowly taking interest into Arabian clothing too since it's my heritage, but sadly my family isn't heavy on traditions and there is nobody to pass them on.

I'd really like to get into dying and weaving but it's a bit overwhelming.

I also love indie makeup and make my own cosmetics to fit my skin.
>>
My hobbies are few and far between anymore.
I mostly craft with needle felt and crochet (neither of which I'm any good at), bake (also bad at anymore), read, and play video games (mostly jrpgs and simple things like animal crossing).
Lolita hasn't pushed me to drop any, but it has made me want to get back into art. I used to love drawing and painting, but I kind of fell out of it during a depressive episode at the end of high school/beginning of uni. Mori has made me want to be more crafty, too.
I would say the only thing that really contrasts with jfash is that I'm really into craft beers, so I enjoy going out drinking fairly often (1-2x/wk) and trying new ones.
>>8861783
I love pressing flowers in the spring and summer, too. I also do leaves in the autumn.
>>
I got into collecting plushes like alpacasso, and I want to get into more craft-making/sewing with cosplay
>>
>>8861933
Yup standup as in comedy. Well Ive always been the one to make jokes in group settings. Over the years people kept telling me I should do standup so I gave it a shot at my graduate school. People laughed, people laughed alot. So I go to local open-mics and smaller venues like bars and whatnot.

I love making people laugh.
>>
>>8862094
This is so cool, do it anon! Pressed flower coords would be amazing.
>>
File: tongue.jpg (9KB, 286x326px) Image search: [Google]
tongue.jpg
9KB, 286x326px
I collect figures and play videogames. Your usual con nerd. I used to sew but moved to a very small apartment so I can't do it right now. Hopefully I'll get back into it once I move this year.
>>
Cars, /x/, huge metal fan (edgelord I know) anime, sports, and just started getting into biking.
>>
Things I do when I have free time:
- bead weaving
- wire wrapping
-"multimedia" jewelry (I like gluing shit together particularly skeleton keys and dragons. Maybe gears too. Because I'm trash)
- writing sometimes

The resin thread actually inspired me to take up resin again. Idk if it's the environment or the resin I'm working with but things are working out much better for me than the first time!
>>
File: 144a161.gif (105KB, 478x359px) Image search: [Google]
144a161.gif
105KB, 478x359px
I do cosplay and lolita a lot.
I work from home and I find myself with hours to spare. I'm working on the violin, which I once played when I was younger. I'm into theater a lot, and I like going to plays, though I don't get the chance to very often. I have dolls and figures and some toys and plushes, but I only add to this collection sometimes. I like video games, but I've never been very good at them, except puzzle games!
>>8861783
I also press flowers!

>>8862227
what sort of things do you draw?

>>8862388
you have a really cool resume. Do you find yourself having trouble doing all of your hobbies? I would think that I would get too wrapped up in one to do much with the others.

>>8862083
You sound so ladylike~

>>8862226
I have two gunne sack dresses. Everything about you sounds so cool. I want to be your friend.
>>
>>8862121
That's amazing i haven't even thought to try and learn about stained glass! How did you get into it and can you post any works you have done?
>>
File: 1304279380441679462.gif (3MB, 580x283px) Image search: [Google]
1304279380441679462.gif
3MB, 580x283px
Used to do pottery a lot but I never quite got the hang of making anything bigger than small jars and gave it up after high school since I didn't own a pottery wheel of my own.

Current Hobbies:
>Egyptology
>Cryptozoology
>traveling
>running an online shopping blog
>decoden crafts
>paranormal stuffs (no paranormal society near me though)
>thrift storing/garage sale hunting (just love to look for neat/unusual things)
>beginner couponing (I'm thrifty and love to watch my You Saved: $$$ receipt count go up)

Overall I'm pretty boring.
>>
my primary hobby is language construction and worldbuilding. i have structured my life around this. my everyday fashion and often my sentence structure/word choice is influenced by it. when i am learning a new real-world language, i often accidentally use aspects of a conlang when trying to speak or write in the real-world language. when journaling i write in a mix of languages, which probably looks weebish but it is just how i think when relaxed.

participating in jfash, my coords are also influenced by the worlds i have developed, but less than in my daily fashion, due to the rules of the jfash i enjoy.

a hobby related both to jfashion and worldbuilding is that i make accessories for jfash as a way to build skills for making accessories and clothes for a particular world i am involved in with some friends. my dream, since we have no big ambitions regarding publication, is to use my experience vending at conventions to promote any indie works we may eventually produce. we have discussed options regarding self-publication and i have, from the start, structured my accessories business around the idea of working with my fellow worldbuilders in the future.
>>
I'm into resin crafts and BJD's. I also like collecting and learning more about perfume. I remember months ago seeing an anon on here talk about how indie perfume was their thing. I'm just now exploring niche perfumes so I wish I could get their recs.
>>
Record Collecting, Reading, Playing video games.

I used to be very interested in learning languages and I did a Japanese short course, I do admit that was at least a little inspired by Lolita.I've also definitely become more crafty.

I used to be interested in photography and was a Radio presenter and studied radio, as well as being keenly into Badminton but have given up all now.

Pilates, body surfing, record collecting.
>>
When I had the time I would go geocaching or read. I also like to craft in general: Knitting,embroidery, jewelry making, and sewing. Especially accessories for Lolita. I used to sing more and would like to pick it back up again. Currently taking fencing and it is way more fun than I could have imagined. Oh! I also collect matryoshka dolls.
>>8862427
>>8862780
>wire wrapping
That's really cool gulls! My dad is a miner and merchant and sells cabochons to pendant makers. Didn't know people did it as a hobby.
>>
>>8863051
>Fencing
What style? Fellow fencer here.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455433531477.jpg (35KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455433531477.jpg
35KB, 720x540px
>>8863051
As I said I'm not very good at it but its calming and makes great presents. Big stones are so pretty to me!
>>
>Performing arts(ballet, choir, theatrical productions)
>Violin
>lowkey geology
>writing fantasy novels(been working on one for 6 years now)
>linguistics(5 years of Japanese, 1 of French, 1 of Spanish and ongoing German)
The rest is my neet shit like reading books and playing vidya games.
>>
I've started needle felting recently. It's a good way to pass the time but I'm really terrible at it haha, I'm still only able to make really really basic things but practice makes perfect eventually
>>
File: 1450835450680540.png (90KB, 385x256px) Image search: [Google]
1450835450680540.png
90KB, 385x256px
I plan on joining the 501st Legion in the coming weeks. Just need to make a few adjustments to my armor. Once I'm in I plan on devoting my free time to volunteering at events with them because right now I've got nothing else going on in my life.
>>
Sewing, dancing, theatre/acting.
I started sewing and dancing long ago, before cosplay and lolita. Sewing got me into cosplay and hepled me to start my lolita wardrobe, dancing has always been apart of everything else, but eventually got me into theatre.
A couple years ago I gave up cosplay to spend all my money on lolita.
>>
I love calligraphy, cooking (specially sweet things), writing short stories, collecting dolls (I only have pullips at the moment but I'd love a BJD), I love reading classics, playing horror videogames. I started playing piano and violin a while ago but i don't do it anymore, I much rather listen to it than play it.
>>
>>8863114
Epee! I'm hoping to get good enough to spar with my fencer friend.
>>8863523
Ah your recipients must love them!
>>
File: 1454371008035.gif (217KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
1454371008035.gif
217KB, 248x250px
I'm really into swimming, plays/musicals (although i mostly just like to watch now since I'm too busy with college to be in or help out with any), and collecting anime figures. I tried out BJDs and was super excited when I got my first one but honestly it just kinda sits there on my bookshelf in the one outfit i bought when i first got it and I've just never wanted to do anything else with it or buy any others. I've been thinking about selling it recently so I can buy some brand which i feel like I would get more enjoyment out of but I don't really know the best way to do that.
Also as far as my not so lolita hobbies go my boyfriend got me into firearms and collecting military uniforms and stuff which definitely isn't very lolita but I would say it's my next biggest hobby after lolita haha I have been looking into playing airsoft and milsim type stuff recently too.
>>
I love to knit! It's always been my favourite hobby.
I wish I could crochet but for some reason I just can't get the hang of it.

This thread just inspired me to press flowers again, I used to do it when I was younger with my nan.
>>
Used to be a scout, but I moved and didn't bother finding a new group, especially since adult troups are super varying in quality.

A low-paced study in classical art has helped me a lot in cosplay since I've a good sense of shape in a three dimensional space, and converting 2D to 3D and the other way around.

Cosplay had me pick up photography, and also got me back into comics and graphic storytelling. I'm not a superhero person, but I enjoy a lot of francophone comics such as Tintin and Lucky Luke.

Cosplay also got me a bit more into beauty, though that's not really a hobby as much as me learning to take care of myself.
>>
>>8864159
I feel you, but I am the opposite I learned crochet and have been trying to get into knitting but can't make it comfortable for myself. Good luck on yoir knits though!
>>
>>8862885
>Egyptology
Lol me too! Currently trying to learn middle Egyptian, so far I've managed to memorize a handful of words and most of the basics. It is goddamn hard though.
As for more lolita-centered hobbies, I guess resin crafting and watercolour painting. I really like watercolours, hated them with a passion in school but now it's really grown on me, especially now that I have decent paints and nobody breathing over my shoulder.
>>
For everyday things, I write, do yoga, and run long distances.

For occasional things, I build stuff in creative games. A lot of color theory and structural thinking involved in that.

For rare things, I cosplay and make instagram-worthy food.

I feel as though if you have too many hobbies, your skill suffers in all of them. When I pick up a new hobby, I drop one I'm feeling "meh" about.
>>
File: 1432931563856.jpg (550KB, 600x880px) Image search: [Google]
1432931563856.jpg
550KB, 600x880px
Well I love anything paranormal and occult. I actually sell tarot readings on the side for a little bit of fun and profit. But I'm a big softy and if I feel someone really needs it I usually don't charge. I love vidya, I'm playing through the Phoenix Wright series for the first time right now and I'm having a blast. I love to cook I was raised partially by an old southern woman so everything I make is delicious but pretty bad for you. Gardening is my time to unwind and just be around happy little flower friends. I'm pretty crafty, I'm still getting the hang of crochet and I like cross stitch alot. Shoujo manga is my favorite I'm a sucker for sparkly flower petals and sappy romance. I like fantasy novels a lot especially if there is some sort of fairytale element my favorite book is Daughter of the Forest. I like myths and legends and magical creatures. Makeup is really fun but I don't like going full Kardashian with my contour game. I draw and paint in watercolor. I like learning about royal women like Catherine the Great and Marie Antoinette and the Wives of Henry the Eighth. My favorite movie is Gone With the Wind because my Aunt made me watch it when I was ten and I cried for an hour when it ended. My second favorite is Kikis Delivery Service because it did not make me cry and it's absolutely adorable.
>>
>>8862571
That's so cool Anon!
>>
>>8864054
Nice! Im saber myself, because Im a monster. >>8864588
Haha thank you! I guess Im not used to being complimented on this website.
>>
I used to ride horses and do ballet up until start of last year. now I just do a bit of gardening when I have time.
>>
most favourite:
-drawing
-playing trombone
-hiking and exploring around outdoors
-looking up new music (namely metal [inb4 edgy] and vocaloid tracks [inb4 weaboo])

things i still enjoy but don't really have the time/money to do:
-knitting
-collecting dragon and horse figurines
-collecting teddy bears
-magic: the gathering
>>
>>8864718

and i also collect decorative knives and daggers, but again, time and/or money restraints. being an edgelord is really hard you gaiz.
>>
>>8864576
nice blogpost
>>
>>8864250
>>
>>8862094
have you ever layered the flowers in wax paper and ironed it? It makes it look like a glass window of flowers, and you can put them as a insert in cards.

I love making plushies, doodling and video games. Just wish I could sell more of the plush so that I could make more
>>
File: 20160215_163018.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160215_163018.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>8862110
>>8862703
Alright anons, you've convinced me. Just went to the store and picked up a discount bouquet (pic related). In 4-6 weeks I'll be ready for the draw thread haha. I would do the microwave method to speed up the process but I find it makes them too brittle.

>>8866056
My grandma used to do that, but she was so good that I never had the guys to try and replicate it.
>>
>>8866175
I'm really excited for this now! Please don't chicken out...
>>
>>8864576
I do tarot too! Your interests sound pretty cute, anon.
>>
OP that pic is so cute where can get
>>
>>8868396
OP here. I found it on Google images by searching for 'Seagull sewing'. Had to trawl through some trash for it though.
>>
>>8862436
Nice! I've been to WGI like, four times, but stopped after my junior year.

My hobbies include video games, anime/manga, hiking, and sewing. I like some miscellaneous things like tea, ceramics, knitting, and baking, but I wouldn't say they're on hobbyist level, since I'm not the best at them.
>>
File: IMG_20160220_010243.jpg (234KB, 926x1652px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160220_010243.jpg
234KB, 926x1652px
>>8863523
Those are so pretty!

I just got into wire wrapping myself- I've been making jewelry as a hobby for a while but never bit the bullet and tried wire wrapping until...well, tonight actually. Here's babby's first (well, second) wire wrap. It's so much fun! I can't wait to get some square wire and try that.
>>
File: IMG_20150807_213926-01.jpg (2MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150807_213926-01.jpg
2MB, 2368x3200px
I'm really big on thread crafts so I like to knit, crochet, embroider and sew. I used to have really bad anxiety so I would use it as a coping mechanism and "weave my worries" into whatever I was making and then give the finished product to someone and say goodbye to those bad feelings. Kinda weird now that I think about it, but it was nice to have something good come out of all of my worries.

Pic related is a quick embroidery I did based on the roses from Utena.
>>
>>8862436

Oh man color guard looks so cool. I discovered it when some anons mentioned it here, since it's virtually unknown in my country and I taught myself some flag moves to use them in a masquerade skit. It was a great experience and I'd love to do the same with a saber some day.
>>
>>8875199
Thats gross desu.
>>
>>8875199
square wire is so so nice to lock things in place, plus if you use nylon pliers you keep the super nice finish on the edges too!! Make sure to use non-residue tape when measuring and bundling it though
>>
>>8864718
holy shit I play trombone too yass
I mean not that it's a rare instrument but not many anime/video gamers/cosplayers do so
>>
File: IMG_1962.jpg (613KB, 1339x1469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1962.jpg
613KB, 1339x1469px
-Gardening
This is one of the planters I did last summer. Looks like shit now that winter is here but it looked really cute until late October.

-Vid Gamer
-Writer
-Photography
-Sew things other than cosplay
-Beginner knitting

Used to:
-Calligraphy
-Band
-teach myself piano by ear
>>
>>8875221
To be fair, I'm a babby at this so gross is to be expected at first. Could you be more specific so I can improve?

>>8875228
I definitely need to get some smaller nylon pliers- I have the big chunky ones and they're not much use in the tight corners. For non-residue tape, do you use something like painter's tape?

So as not to hijack the thread, my other hobbies include painting, sewing non-cosplay stuff, writing, hiking, and spending way too much time on the internet, although I'm not sure if that counts as a hobby. I also used to scuba dive, but I haven't gone for a few years and I'd need to take a refresher course so I don't die.
>>
I've ended up becoming a seamstress and corsetiere due to my interest in Lolita. Also gymbunny.
>>
>>8868382
You do too? That's wonderful! I wish I knew more girls who where into tarot
>>
>>8875885
Yeah I use masking tape/painters tape. If anything is left over just take a qtip and rubbing alcohol to it
>>
>>8875210
Nice work anon!
>>
I play roller derby and paint. Doodling sometimes, but the derbs takes up a lot of time and money. My derby name is Sailor Juke'N'er (inspired by Sailor Jupiter because she was who I wanted to be when I was younger), so that's the relevancy back to anime. Still wanna make a custom shirt for myself with select parts of her outfit on it.
>>
>>8862226
I really love you are a big collector! I want to collect dollhouse miniatures and bjd dolls but i don't earn so much, i spend my money for jfashion and to buy items for a new online shop, if that counts as hobby not just as a job.
>>
>>8862398
>>8862859
(Stained glass anon here, sorry for the late reply)
Unfortunately, my stuff is in storage right now, so I can't show pics at the moment, sorry.
I wasn't self taught, my older sister took lessons in the next town over with her friend, so I tagged along to give it a try. I took class once a week for a year until I entered high school.

I wouldn't recommend it trying to self-teach, there are too many different steps, methods and techniques to just learn on your own .
Your best bet would be consulting a professional for the basics because there are tons of ways to injure yourself if everything is not done in a specific order or method, or if you do not have the right tools (i.e. soldering iron, patina, goggles, gloves, copper edging). Even if it's a few times, a professional would be able to supervise and monitor your process.
It is also very expensive; equipment, glass, and templates don't come cheap, not exactly an simple try/test/fail method as even the simplest projects can run you up to $20-$30 on glass alone
>>
File: Conan_Earl Norem.jpg (427KB, 1500x1860px) Image search: [Google]
Conan_Earl Norem.jpg
427KB, 1500x1860px
>>8861766
Reading (cape comics and historical manga), writing, volunteer work for a publishing house as a proofreader, and map-making.

I always liked seeing the costumes and outfits superheroes wore, so cosplay is pretty great for that. It also gives me an excuse to get into things such as fashion and gives me more motivation to work out. I need to get fit if I ever want to be Hawkman or Conan for a day or three.
>>
I ride horses and cosplay. Two of the most expensive things to do so all my bank account does is cry.
>>
I like to collect photos of historical fashion and learn about it, mentally map out my future wedding ensemble (though that sounds a bit stupid since I'm only 18) read books on art, play video games, embroider, and I want to learn calligraphy (dip pen/ink) and to press flowers. I like learning history (specifically pre/French Rev. France, Renaissance, and Victorian era) of fashion (as stated above) and other aspects of upper-class life. I also like reading about Greek/Roman mythology and stuff. I also eventually want to learn to sew to make and wear my own period clothing from the times I mentioned.
>>
>>8876800
Oh! Sorry for double post, but I forgot to add I also enjoy watching period movies (Marie Antoinette 2006, The Young Victoria, BBC Pride and Prejudice, and a French friend showed me Versailles, a new 2015 series about Louis XIV.)
>>
>>8861766
Cosplay was a stepping stone to fashion, thats for one.

While i still try to cosplay now and again, ive become interested in dressing nicer and tailoring some of my clothes I buy from yard sales, thrift stores, good will etc.

Also

-Vidya
-Fishing
-Sports (soccer and baseball religiously)
-Card games
-Watching wrasslin
>>
I'm a bit more on the LARP side than cosplay, me and my friends do sometimes cosplay as our D&D characters though at conventions.

>Gaming (RPG, Board, Vidya)
>Baking
>Art/Drawing/Ceramics

It'd be nice to get into trying to program, writing or something, but it's really hard for me to get over that mental hump of "you suck, why bother, just scrap it and never show anyone"

Plus i've always wanted to have a little geeky hangout cafe with games and books and stuff like that.
>>
>>8876807
Holy fuck Jennifer ehle ID the only Lizzie for me. Glad someone else likes that adaptation! Closest to the novel, too!
>>
>>8876800
>>8876807

I also enjoy historical stuff like that. I'll watch a whole lot of things just for the beautiful historical fashion porn.

You should follow the_corsetedbeauty on Instagram. They post gorgeous historical wear from 1600 on.
>>
>>8876967
As a brit, i love history and the outfits that go along with it. And it really pains me that everything we regard as "traditional" was made up by the victorians to whitewash centuries of history because of their destructive puritan attitudes and to disguise that social inequality was worse than ever, to the extent of publishing "history books" that despite being largely disproven have been accepted as truthful by social memetics.
>>
>>8876918
Yes! She has the most 'period' face out of all the Elizabeths, to me. I didn't like Keira Knightley's interpretation too much, she looks too 'modern'.
>>8876967
I like to do the same! And I believe I do! I love 1860s fashion most.
>pic related is an evening gown from 1860-65, based fripperiesandfobs
It's so much fun to imagine myself as a lady, being the elite upper class who gets to wear sumptuous silks and stuff like that.
>>
Finding friends in cosplay and jfash got me back into dancing, but most of my hobbies are a complete contrast - I love to go hiking, and my two career-oriented jobs (which I love and never make me feel like I'm working) are a field research assistant and a curatorial-taxidermy assistant in a museum collection.
>>
Mostly vidya. I don't have much free time lately so I've been playing games to relax.
>>
>>8876970
>And it really pains me that everything we regard as "traditional" was made up by the victorians to whitewash centuries of history because of their destructive puritan attitudes and to disguise that social inequality was worse than ever, to the extent of publishing "history books" that despite being largely disproven have been accepted as truthful by social memetics.
you lost me here, not that i disagree i just don't understand what it has to do with historic fashion.
>>
My main hobby outside of cosplay is martial arts. I've been doing Jujitsu (Taditional, though I've dabbled in some BJJ and Judo) for a good 4 years now. I've been doing Eskrima for about 3/4 months now (Fillipino dual weapon fighting). Though after my next Jujitsu belt (Brown), which is the one below Shodan (first degree black) I'm going to start MMA training and get into a bit of amateur cage fighting after like 1.5/2 years of solid work.

Other than that I spend my days either in the gym training, drawing, playing video games or reading. Also a very big fan of Rum and Bourbon. I wanna start a kind of, collection for different bottles of my favourites at some point.
>>
I make mediocre craft store style jewelry. No idea what I'm going to ever do with any of it, but it's fun and relaxing to just string some shit on a chain and call it done.

I also run, swim, and dabble in the ren faire scene.
>>
shitposting and sucking dick
>>
I'm an indie game developer on my spare time, and as a cosplayer it's my dream to see people cosplay my characters.
>>
File: Spread Butterfly CR1.png (482KB, 596x590px) Image search: [Google]
Spread Butterfly CR1.png
482KB, 596x590px
Other than sewing, knitting, crocheting and needle felting which are hobbies I picked up at summer camp when I was young, I've more recently gotten into pinning insects.

I pin mostly beetles and butterflies. I can't bring myself to pin moths though simply because they are so cute (at least to me) and they are also what I plan to write my thesis on.

My boyfriend jokes that I should cosplay Agitha because I'm so crazy about bugs. Pic is over a butterfly I pinned while in Costa Rica.

Been thinking about framing and selling pinned insects on ebay/etsy kinda like Mortimer but it would be insects that I've actually captured, pinned, mounted, and identified myself.
>>
I do a lot of stuff, but my #1 contrasting hobby is probably concerts. Like, go out, get your ribs fractured but dance through it kind of concerts. I think I love it so much because the euphoria tends to cancel out the anxiety I usually get around that many people.

Also not really a hobby, but I smoke. I never brought it up at a meet because the girls try to act so prim and proper that I feel like they'd give me shit or just side-eye me the entire time if I stepped out to smoke. I'm quitting right now with a vape, but I wouldn't even step out to vape because I just feel like it contrasts too much with lolita and the girls would give me the same amount of side-eye lmao.
>>
>>8884033
If you travel and get foreign insects, you could actually make a pretty penny with selling! Maybe if you get multiples, you can sell. I know people who aren't even super into bugs buy mounted butterflies, like my mom shelled out $75 for a kind-of common one just because she liked it and thought it was pretty. Any craft-fairs would be a good spot for that, too, since normie-folks tend not to know the rarity, and even though might lean towards more common ones because it's what they're familiar with and think are the prettiest.

Also the one you got from Costa Rica is beautiful! I forget what they're called but we had them for a short-period of time where I work. Our head entomologist pins the ones he finds that die and are in good condition and puts them out front, and we always have guests asking if they're available for purchase lmao.
>>
>>8884041
Unfortunately I don't travel as much as I used to but I've been looking into importing some collected butterflies (you can get them unpinned for fairly cheap because most people find pinning/spreading butterflies to be a pain in the ass).

I'm also planning on rearing insects in the future because then I can ensure that the wings aren't damaged.

It's true though that a lot of people will buy common insects just because they look pretty. Same goes for moths. I live in GA and I had to convince my mother that Luna moths and Rosy Maple moths are common in our area. She's never seen either of them in person before but during the summer when I'm using light traps I normally get at least 8 rosy maple moths on any given night and a couple luna moths.

If I do start selling I'll definitely look into craft fairs! What really got me thinking about selling my pinned/mounted ones is when I went to dragon con and I saw how much people were paying for some butterflies that were in really poor condition and just shittily hot glued onto the backing.

The one in my picture is a female Morpho helenor, it was the only one I take with me from Costa Rica unfortunately because customs over there are suuuuuper strict about what you can take out of the country with you.
>>
>>8884054
The same with my mother! We have luna moths where I live, and one landed on our backdoor. My mom lost her shit thinking it was some rare "butterfly" that somehow got to the states, haha. I had to pull up their wiki page to convince her they're native.

Goodluck with everything! I'm sure even if you don't travel much, you'll find quite a few people who are interested in buying! Also for the breeding, I think for certain non-native species you need a license. It's not hard, though iirc. Just some papers and proving you won't release them into the wild or put the eggs outside, haha.
>>
I've recently started getting into singing 40's and 50's style jazz. I'm a huge fan of the genre of music and I've started taking lessons on how to sing like old cabaret women sang. I've always loved singing but I think I might have finally found my niche with it.
>>
>>8875210
This is really lovely.
>>8875311
>Calligraphy
Which kind? I just got a calligraphy set as a late Christmas gift after not doing it for years, I'm really excited to start again.
>>
shitposting
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 250x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 250x342px
>>8884054
I just found a butterfly I sellotaped to an envelope over a decade ago whilst cleaning, read this and you've got me lusting again. Damn you.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 358x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 358x480px
>>8862817
Thankyou. It is pretty hard to juggle. I used to ride horses every week but my lessons doubled in price + circumstances so I hack out a couple times a year now.

I'm an insomniac so scribble down ideas for articles/essays/stories in the day then sit up all night typing (or here)

Trekking is a weekly destination and I usually take a camera with me. The pole dance and aerial hoop I do for 2 months each a year because that's how often I can get the time + Groupon

The musical instruments tend to get rotated; one day I'll pick up the flute, another day the ukulele, another day something else. Some of those hobbies (like collecting event tickets and rocks) are more 'passive' so don't consume time unless I go to a really nice beach or fossil bed.

The felting is a train I never thought I'd get on but I felt sorry for the old lady running a workshop at freshers' week because she had no takers. Now I make something whenever my cat needs brushing. I'm thinking about making personalised phone pouches as a crazy cat lady thing that could also be a memento when the pet dies.

This thread is inspiring and it's interesting to see the influence of creative backgrounds and family on the board related stuff.
>>
I collect Sailor Moon merchandise and Hello Kitty things. Can't afford to buy everything (or the old and rare Sailor Moon stuff. Man there's older stuff I really want), but I do what I can. Have been slacking a bit though on getting Hello Kitty stuff because Sailor Moon has been taking my money.
>>
>>8884033
That's so cool, anon! Honestly, I wuss out when presented with almost any kind of insect, but pinning them is something I'd like to get in to once summer rolls around...exposure therapy and whatnot.

I know nothing on the topic, so I apologize if it's one of those things where you don't really ask it, but how do you get in to pinning? Are there any websites or anything you'd suggest over others?
>>
>>8884140
Thanks! I'll ask a couple of the Entomology professors at my University that I know breed exotic butterflies about it.

>>8884800
I think they look really nice when framed up on a wall! I have a couple scientific drawings of moth framed and hung up on my wall as well.

>>8884851
There was a student in my Entomology class two semesters ago who did the same thing. At the end of the semester he seemed to be a lot better about handling the insects!

Feel free to ask away when it comes to pinning! I learned through my Entomology classes but there are plenty of online resources and youtube tutorials that are really good.

I recommend this website: http://bugguide.net/node/view/36900

In addition to having instructions and tips for pinning insects it also has a handy online guide for identifying most insects.

If you want to identify moths and live in the Southeast of the US I recommend using this website (for my current part time job I identify pictures that are uploaded onto the website):
http://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20q?guide=Moth

I hope this helps you out!
>>
>>8884863
No problem! I just remember it being an issue at work when we wanted new butterflies, but my boss got it worked out really quick! Again, good luck!
>>
>>8884849
I forgot to mention this!

Off the top of my head I have HK wall hangings, stationary, 5 cups/mugs, underwear, a rug, couch cushions, cookie cutters, 11 bags, lots of small pouches, perfume, a collectible tumbler set, 10 pairs of socks, figurines, too many charms, candy dispensers, a money jar, a keepsake box, many packs of stickers, a handheld fan, too many notebooks and pens, a towel, a snuggie, a pop up organiser, two lunchboxes, a flask, two pairs of chopsticks, two umbrellas, a box of bandaids, a Liberty cakestand, a onesie glitter toothpaste and I'm wrapped up in the HK fleece blanket my bf got me.

Yeah I hear sailor moon collectibles are pretty pricey; probably because they are tapping into nostalgic employed oldfag wallets.
>>
>>8884863
These are perfect suggestions to start! Thank you so much!
>>
>>8884871
For Hello Kitty I just have a hard wall promotional poster (got it from Sears department store when they were selling Hello Kitty electronics), wall clock, toothbrush and toothpaste, bodywash, band-aids, plastic sandwich bags, mouse pad, a lot of stationary stuff (pads, pens, pencils, sticky notes, etc), white out tape roller, bento boxes, some silverware, some wallets and coin purses, two purses, an alarm clock/radio, table lamp, various keychains, underwear, socks, some hair clips, two watches, a table place-mat, only one plushie for some reason, two lunch boxes, two pez dispensers, small bucket, step trash can, collapsible storage trunk, some storage containers, two beach balls, and those little plastic tote bag things that you can get at Target for $1 that they seem to always have.
I've been sleeping on actually picking up more HK home goods like a mini fridge, water dispenser, sandwich maker and stuff.

Yeah the Sailor Moon stuff can be pricey, and it adds up. And it doesn't help that it seems like I can't go one month without something new being announced that I want.
>>
I do a lot of needle felting but I am just learning to get the hang of it. I really wish that I could learn how to do arcylic nails since my mom does them and it looks like fun to get creative and having someone walk around with your work.

I also have a bjd that I stored for 6 years who I gave a hella bad face-up and now since I have the funds to make him look good, I am getting back into the hobby. Also I used to do tarot card readings but stopped cause of college getting in the way. I have a fairy deck and it's all so pretty, has lovely colors, and beautiful drawings. Hopefully I get back into it since it was fun.
>>
File: embroidery.png (945KB, 1000x509px) Image search: [Google]
embroidery.png
945KB, 1000x509px
I picked up embroidery like two weeks ago, but I've gotten too busy with thesis to keep working on these.
I also collect figures/toys, screen print, and draw in my free time. Embroidery is the most relaxing hobby I've found so far though, maybe I'll get to use it in my cosplay at some point.

>>8884033
I wish I could get into pinning, that's so awesome! Etsy is also good for sell pinned insects for a nice amount of money, that way you can sell in between craft fairs if you're interested. Good luck!

>>8884948
Where do you buy your needle felting stuff? I really want to find a physical store instead of buying online.
>>
>>8862172
Try selling to a bakery?
>>
>>8885463
>anyone on /cgl/ would have enough talent for that

kek
>>
>>8885214
I got some beginner needle felting stuff from daiso if theres one near you
>>
>>8885214
If you're in America, Hobby Lobby and Michael's carries a small selection.
>>
>>8886256
I'm on the east coast unfortunately

>>8886259
Cool, thank you!
>>
>>8884220
That's really cool Anon!
>>
this threads making me feel worthless
>>
Animation, video games, voice acting and Chinese calligraphy. I occasionally like to bake but I'm not very good at it.
>>
Crafting (polymer clay and resin), i'm pretty good with polymer clay, i can also replicate shamelessy Moon Bunny designs for my own usage, but still my skills aren't at her level.
I like also dollhouse minatures, dolls and cute plushies but i'm broke at the moment even for lolita so no.
No, the crafting thing was before lolita.

No, my hobbies are just indoors, i hate sports or doing outdoors stuff, i'm sorta an hikki too lol.

Not an hobby per se, but i love to see paranormal,occult, travel documentaries and food and listen to Industrial/EBM music, very contrasting because i love the sweet pastel vomit kind other than gothic lolita.
>>8864576
I love paranomal and occult stuff, my clairvoyant skills are shit but i'm trying to develop at least my intuition/gut feeling that is useful to know people and stuff that could happen soon, usually my future telling happen only in dreams and rarely. I would like to read and learn to use tarots, i tried poker cards for fun too lol.
>>
>>8862303
I'm also a welder and metalsmith by trade. It's my primary work. I started with large ironworks and blacksmithing and moved to smaller metals and enameling for jewelry. It's a lot of fun but it wrecks my hands! I can never have nice nails...

>>8875210
This is beautiful! I've recently gotten into embroidery as a hobby to also help anxiety, but I'm actually enjoying waaaay more than expected! There's a local chapter of the Embroider's Guild of America near me and I'm able to go to small classes now. If you're able to and are also American, check them out. Your needlework is so smooth!

>>8876498
I'm so interested in roller derby but I'm kind of scared to try it out. It's really cool that you do it!
>>
>>8887180
get a hobby, anon
>>
>>8885473
Ugh. I have to work for a woman who created a pastry menu, and she's not even a real pastry chef. Half of her stuff is awful. She changed the recipe for the icing recently and we can't even prep it because it literally has chunks of butter in it.

Point is, that isn't something you need talent for.
>>
>>8887719
How is she still employed?
>>8887180
Don't feel bad, get a hobby. Pick something from this thread if you're at a loose end. Work on said hobby. Keep track of your improvements and you'll be amazed at what you can do.
>>
Lolita is basically my only hobby now because it doesn't really take up much time - I manage to get to a few meets a year, I've met some really nice people through my comm and when I need to chill out I can mindlessly scroll CoF, tumblr or cgl.

I'm doing a part-time PhD and working in museums to support myself. Most of my free-time is spent volunteering at other museums for experience, doing extra work (like local history projects) for bonus money or sat at my desk at university trying to convince myself my research makes any sense.

I used to really enjoy crafting, especially sewing and making cards for my family/friends birthdays, and would read at least one book a week. Now if I spend time on those sorts of things I feel guilty about not working, so when I'm too tired to work I end up browsing lolita stuff online or watching bad TV on netflix. Luckily I have almost all of my wishlist pieces now (it was a short list) because I can't really justify spending on lolita either as money is tight atm. I've got an OP and 2 JSKs I brought last year and haven't worn yet though so I can at least plan coords for those and keep an eye out for bargains to improve other coords.

Got to keep telling myself it'll all be worth it when I have a doctorate in 3 years time...
Shame the job market for my field is dire eh? Hopefully gaining as much extra experience and as many CPD qualifications as I can will help me beat the odds.
>>
>>8885214
There is an etsy shop I buy from a lot for all my wool needs.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/1127handcrafter

Honestly you will poke yourself a lot so get ready for the pain and the time to make something look nice. It's a very relaxing hobby since you just stab at wool with a needle until it forms a shape. Really helps with stress desu.
>>
>>8861783
Fellow flower presser!

I also like to dry mine whole by either hanging them away from the sun or putting them in a sealed jar near a window. That way I keep the shape of the flower.

>>8861824
I use them for decorating my room. I like to put them in crystal teapots and make bouquets for my dolls (I also collect/repair music boxes, antique bisque and vintage plastic dolls!) The flat flowers I make an arrangement and frame it.

I want to get into embroidery and baking, but my town doesn't have any courses on that. Any tips on how to start online/self taught?
>>
File: Khorne army.jpg (114KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne army.jpg
114KB, 960x540px
Warhammer 40k, here's a slice of one of my armies (the dogs have gotten "based" since then). I'm also a huge sucker for anything /tg/-related, and have played most of the major Card games, although I never really "tried" in any of them except Magic.

I recently got into Malifaux as well (Warhammer on a much smaller scale with a Victorian-esque feel) so that's cool. Playing an army of pigs because I always pick the "Quirky ~~~" characters/faction.

Vidya, although I've been sturggling to get motivated to play anything lately. Pretty much all of my cosplays have been vidya-related tho.

Would'nt say I'm too big on fashion, but I do care about my appearance.

I mostly see cosplaying as the ultimate expression of love for a certain character/franchise. I use it mostly as a way to connect with others tho, although sadly I make more connections outside of cosplay while at cons lol. Swedish cons seem kinda cliqey, but I haven't been in the con scene for that long so that might be a bit of an unfair statement.
>>
>>8875221
>>8875199
Anon, its actually really good and there is definitely a market for what you've made.
>>
File: pionusbby.png (771KB, 526x612px) Image search: [Google]
pionusbby.png
771KB, 526x612px
Is birds a hobby?

I volunteer at a bird rescue and have adopted birds/fosters at home. They take up most of my time.

Besides chilling with the birds or getting frilly I like animation and voice acting.
>>
>>8889253
Where are you, anon? I've tried to volunteer/work at museums before and was basically told that I had to get in line behind the other hundreds of people after the same thing.
Also, lucky you. My wishlist is filled mostly with cheap non-print pieces, but somehow they never seem to pop up for sale, and when they do it's always when I have no money.
>>
>>8893900
I'm in the UK, so I don't know what the situation is like in other places. It can be quite a competitive job market though, and even volunteering can be oversubscribed. I recommend approaching smaller organisations first because they are less likely to be overwhelmed by volunteers and you can get wider experience e.g. I volunteered with a local history group first- because most of their members are retirees they were super happy to have someone that can use facebook etc. Small museums will want volunteers that can help with a wide variety of public facing and collections roles e.g give guided tour, operate till, do conservation cleaning, document collection. I've found front of house jobs in museums are easiest to get - because retail, cafe jobs etc give you most of the transferable skills they need. Just bare in mind that getting out of FoH and into other departments is hard, but at least it's a foot in the door and you'll know who to talk to about learning other skills.

I study cemeteries for my PhD so my wishlist was mostly cemetery prints lol- just lady sloth's to go now! I have a few non-print basics I wear the most though, especially love IW for simple JSKs.
>>
I started playing Magic: The Gathering after being introduced to it at a cosplay meetup for characters of a certain FOTM anime cetra 2013. Im not sure if thats a contrast, but I now definitely spend more on that than I have on cosplay as of late.
>>
File: billypennies.gif (117KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
billypennies.gif
117KB, 500x482px
>>8861766
Painting, writing (fiction, poetry, scripts, and research), graphic design, AV editing, piano, gardening, comedy voice work...cat enthusiast?

I got into vocal work and script-writing partially because of cosplay. I used to do all the work for my group's skits... so I wrote them and often did every voice and recorded them.

I've actually dropped cosplay more than anything to be honest. Gardening and piano are my two hobbies that are never meant for profit, the others are (well not the cats)... so they've become my career-focus and take up more time lately.

I don't know what would fully contrast... most of my other hobbies are far more introverted. I'm a bit of a treehugger, so I guess with the wastefulness that goes into cosplaying that is a conflict.
>>
I like alt politics. I learn a lot that way. It's amazing just how controlled our media & political system is, mainly by Zionists.
>>
>>8894021
My boyfriend has estimated owning over $10,000 dollars worth of magic cards. That hobby can get expensive.
>>
>>8875311
Awesome arrangement, fellow gardening-sis.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.