[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 28

File: SugarHeartsJSK-zprint.jpg (158KB, 700x358px) Image search: [Google]
SugarHeartsJSK-zprint.jpg
158KB, 700x358px
Valentine's Day edition
Old thread >>8854522

Sweet lolita >>8853181
Gothic lolita >>8847831
Classic lolita >>8851037
Closet of Frills >>8853727
Coord Help >>8835695
Dress close ups >>8846844
Dream dress >>8848329
Handmade lolita >>8823500
Lolita substyles >>8856970
Oldschool >>8816742
Online comms >>8853307
Lolita comms >>8844414

EGA/Aristocrat >>8729403
Boystyle >>8837877
BST >>8849295

Lolita Guidebook
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/
>>
Reposting from last thread.

Is there any way to temporarily deflate a petti? I got my Bunny House petti and it's really huge, but it's too big for some of my dresses.

I don't want to remove layers because I like having a ton of poof for some of my dresses, but foe the more toned down ones, I want less
>>
>>8861686
Bunny House pettis deflate after a while, just give it some time
>>
>>8861686
vacuum seal it in a bag and submerge in warm water
>>
File: luminouspk_set.jpg (411KB, 601x848px) Image search: [Google]
luminouspk_set.jpg
411KB, 601x848px
Not as good as the lavender OP special set imo.
>>
>>8861686
If you only need to remove a bit, just sit on it for a while. I find my Classical Puppets petticoat is slightly large for some of my dresses when I put it on in the morning, but if I sit around in it for an hour before a meet it's fine.
>>
>be me, not a lone lolita but a long way from comms and only make it to meets once every couple of months
>fairly sizeable wardrobe, wear lolita around the house several times a week
>like taking coord pics to have a record of my outfits, even though I rarely post them online
>move away to college
>dorm is tiny
>nowhere I can stand without a ugly cluttered background
>bed and exposed floorspace too small to lay coords out on
>tried asking other people to take photos of me
>hallways have plain walls but no natural light
>six floors up with no elevator
>nobody wants to walk all the way down and back up to get photos outside
>entranceway leads out into busy street

Where the fuck do I get photos? Am I supposed to go out carrying a tripod and set it up in the street, even though I have no reason to wear lolita out and will immediately go back inside? Photos taken in the street here would have the same ugly background problem anyway, and it's a fifteen minute walk across campus just to get to any nice green spaces or plain walls. At the moment I only get one photo a month from meets and it's pretty disappointing, since I wear so many other coords.
>>
>>8861801
On your bed.
You have a single bed right? That's plenty big enough.
>>
>>8861770
I actually like it a lot, but I'm a sucker for pink. I'm torn between getting this now, or waiting for the sale.
>>
>>8861803
It's fairly difficult to lay coords out on the bed. It's an unusually narrow single so you can't show skirt flare much and it's a pain trying to fit shoes etc into the picture because there's nowhere to stand at the foot of the bed, so you have to leave room to stand on the bed to photograph it. I did just look back at coordinates I'd tried to lay out on the bed previously and I could probably make it work for some coords, so thanks for the suggestion.

I should have clarified that I'm looking more for worn pictures. I've found with a lot of the outfits I've worn recently that details like accessory placement are really hard to indicate in a floordinate, and outfits that look good worn can look weird in a floordinate and vice versa.
>>
>>8861808
Wow, never mind - its sold out. Jesus, that was fast.
>>
>>8861770
I like it, it makes the print look pretty different. The really cold colours in other colourways of Luminous Sanctuary don't look good on me. I'm not interested in buying it, but I don't think it looks actively bad like the pink British Bear special set did.
>>
>>8861811
Wear lolita to class? Go early and have someone take your pic. If you're ashamed or can't wear lolita for the lecture or lab, change after.
>>
Are there any lolita stores or places that sell lolita in New York?
>>
>>8861818
Not OP, but doesn't it make lolitas look even more like special snowflake attention-whores to ask strangers to take photos of you in class? If it were me I'd be more inclined to take a tripod and set it up somewhere secluded.
>>
>>8861825
Tokyo Rebel/BTSSB store on Allen Street in the LES.
>>
Does Tenso let you choose the customs declaration value? I want to order from Closet Child but I don't want to get slammed with ridiculous customs fees if I can pay cheaper SS fees.
>>
>>8861818
lol what
>show up early looking like marie antoinette
>"hey can you take a picture of me"
>awkward photo infront of whiteboard and chairs
>leave and come back in jeans
I think the tripod outside thing is awkward too, someone's always going to pass by and think you're some narcissistic weirdo.

Why not pull a door-chan? You have a somewhat clean door, right? My own room is small and there's not a lot of natural light, so I use a flexible desk lamp. I use a cell phone attachment on a tripod to take my coord photos, I have the height set at the perfect height and I just fold it up and put it away without shortening it. When I take photos, I shine the uncovered desk lamp right at the empty part of the wall and turn on the overhead light to keep it from being too harsh.
Another idea is you could set the light and tripod up in the doorway of your room and run into the hallway for a quick photo. You'd just have to be quick to avoid being annoying, but having a lamp should solve the lighting issue.
>>
>>8861849
Yes, you can change the value declared for each separate item in the order. That's why I use Tenso to order from brands even if they have international shipping.
>>
>>8861884
I can't believe I've never used Tenso before, this is going to save me a lot of money. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>8861884
Doesn't baby cancel your order if your address is to a tenso address though?
>>
>>8861930
Baby have a notice on their site that you can only pay for orders with Japanese addresses using Japanese credit cards and not Paypal.

So far I've successfully used Tenso to order from: Metamorphose, Innocent World, Closet Child, Maiden Clothing and any story on Rakuten. They also have a special offer with Rakuten about once a month or so, usually along the lines of "Spend 10,000/20,000 yen from any store on Rakuten and get 1,000/2,000 off coupon for future use".
>>
File: _20160213_001643.jpg (317KB, 1440x1568px) Image search: [Google]
_20160213_001643.jpg
317KB, 1440x1568px
Why is j et j so ita nowadays? I used to love them, now I'm scrolling through sales and see stock photos like this...
>>
>>8861801
>>8861881
Oh god I had to run to school yesterday for a meeting, and since i had taken an hour too long putting on a coord I couldn't change and decided just to take pictures at school. I'm so cringey it hurts, everyone was asking why I had a crown on and was dressed up. One of my professors was nice and didn't ask about it when he saw me but everyone else was staring
>>
>>8862008
you could have taken the crown off
>>
>>8862012
I only put it on briefly to take pictures but so many people were walking by. I really need to learn how to do my hair faster, for some reason everything but braids takes me an hour
>>
>>8862012
If her coord was fancy enough to warrant a crown, I doubt taking it off would have diminished the weirdness in any significant amount.
>>
>>8862022
It was, especially with a fake fur coat over it since it's freezing out. I just got a plain IW coat in the mail so I can do basic classic stuff in winter and not stick out so much
>>
We did it gulls! We have survived yet another shitpost thread massacre.

Love you guys
>>
>>8861801
Just take pics in your dorm and blur out the background or color it over.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mrusg9UY221rrgu4j.gif (485KB, 350x231px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mrusg9UY221rrgu4j.gif
485KB, 350x231px
>>8862076
>>
>>8861686
Post it to a friend/family who lives in humid climate. That's how my CP bell shape died, humidity.
>>
File: its a fashion not a costume.png (68KB, 793x574px) Image search: [Google]
its a fashion not a costume.png
68KB, 793x574px
Why can't normies find lolita fashion appealing?
I've never been able to understand why "normal" people are unable to fall in love with the fashion.
I have so many friends and acquaintances that claim to want to wear the fashion but won't do shit about it.
I even try to suggest websites, sources, online shops, etc and it's almost like Im talking to myself.
tl:dr why isn't lolita as appealing to most people as it is to us?
>>
>>8861801
Student chan, I feel your pain.

If I was in your situation and back drop is pretty important to me, I'd search for a nice park, take a tripod and set yourself up there on a time of day when there's no one around. If you have a helpful friend, ask them to come with you.

It's like going to a large con on your own, you know no one, you've put a massive effort into dressing up but you can't get a pic of it unless you ask someone. When that happens, ask for assistance but also offer to return the favour, they could be in the same boat as you.
>>
>>8862151
Everyone has their thing, and their thing can't always be lolita.
>>
>>8862151
I think a lot of people who like it are scared to stand out. Almost everyone who compliments me on lolita follows it up with
"I'd never be brave enough to wear something like that!"
>>
>>8862151
>lurk /cgl/ often but never participate in the fashion
>ask my bf what sort of clothes he would wear every day if there was no societal taboo against it
>he sends me pics of medieval garb like tunics and the like, and asks me the same question
>I show him a few pics of mori fashion
>but that's so cute!! why can't you wear that? it's so elegant and it really suits you
>24yo fatty with all the makeup/hairstyle knowledge of a walrus

ah, he must really love me.

but the answer is that "normal" people are unable to "fall in love with the fashion" simply because it ISN'T normal. it breaks the rules of "normal" fashion. just like tunics and chain mail, or long layers on long layers.
>>
>>8862151
>GLB
>not G&LB
>>
>>8862003
>hating on this dress
>calling this ita
are you an idiot?
>>
>>8862194
Are you? I agree it looks like a total uncreative piece of shit, they're not even trying anymore and frankly they don't need to when idiots like you are just eating it up.
>>
Dear god, AP's website already..
>>
>>8862076
Is this in regards to the piercing thread? Was there some kind of lame victory?
>>
>>8862151
Might be cultural too? I dunno where you are, anon, but I feel that some cultures have an easier time appreciating the aesthetic than others. When I've gone out in lolita, I've noticed that a lot of Latino women REALLY like the style while Caucasians and Asians are more ambivalent.

I dunno, just conjecturing.
>>
>>8862240
There wasn't much that went on sale so I'm not disappointed. The summer sales seem to have more items.
>>
>>8862240
I was really hoping to get the Afternoon Girl and Fleur Lady OPs on sale. But, they weren't even there so I just got a nice cardigan and a bag lol.
>>
>>8862257
no, why would you even think that? check rbt
>>
>>8862261
>>8862263
I'm actually really happy. I got a dress/legwear set I really wanted, and for $130, I'm mega pleased.
>>
jsk I wanted soldout while I was adding a bow to my cart, it hurts anons
>>
>>8862278
same with a skirt I wanted, i was adding the beret. lesson learned, checkout first, accessorize later
>>
>>8862240

Strange that I'm getting an error message with the card I usually use, but I think this means I shouldn't get the impulse buy cardigan and bag in my cart and should just go to bed.

Pretty pleased with the stuff in the sale, though. Looks like a lot of good basic items.
>>
>>8862282
I'm so disappointed but I'm sure my bank account is happy at least, really wanted the whip lady jsk though.
>>
>>8862151
Normies are scared of sticking out, also lolita is expensive, they don't like it enough to consider it a serious hobby. I've had several friends ask me to dress them up to try an outfit on who still didn't get into the fashion. I suppose in the same way I like fairy me I on other people but I'm not going to bother building a wardrobe of it.
>>
>>8862194
>>8862218
I would think OP meant that sad excuse for a coord, the dress is kinda cute
>>
>>8862305
it's a fucking cat dress and fucking jetj, you can bet it's on every cat lover's wishlist t b h
>but yeah them coords, that i agree with
>>
>>8862240
I bought my main peice first and went back for some blouses and accessories. They kept selling out as I was deciding colorways. I settled on a few and after 1 hr that sale has been anhilated.
>>
>mfw magic princess wasn't on sale
ap, just take my money already
>>
>>8862261
They added a ton of stuff to the website just for the sale. I was pretty happy with how much there was. Not happy about all the shopping cart issues and errors I got this time, but I still made it out with some stuff.
>>
>>8862327
Agreed! This is one of the better sales in my opinion as far as available stock. I was hoping antique doll would have been on sale too. Maybe next time.
>>
I gave my mum my entire paycheck this week to help her get out of her overdraft because it was getting her really down. I love her to bits, but man I feel pretty bummed out that I missed out on AP's sale.

Ah well, I guess there'll be other sales I can buy from.
>>
>>8862003

How new are you? JetJ's been doing shit like making their models go blouseless and adding normalfag pieces in their coords. It may not widely acceptable, but it's just their way of doing shit.
>>
>>8862151
Are you seriously asking why other people have other aesthetic preferences and priorities?
>>
Gulls, what do I do? I sold an item to an international buyer about a month ago, and when I told her about the shipping cost, she never responded to my message. I've been busy for a while, so I never noticed until yesterday. Should I just relist the item? Or should I contact the buyer again?
>>
>>8862397
Negative feedback, relist.
>>
>>8862151
Because often when they express even tentative interest they get a shit-ton of rules and warnings thrown at them and a lecture on the long list of do's and don'ts instead of someone just asking a few questions, finding out their budget and showing them some coords.
Just a guess.
I don't care if anyone gets into Lolita or not and I'm not that interested in helping anyone so I just keep my mouth shut and give a few good web links to places with good advice/more links.
>>
>>8862348
You're a good person anon, I hope she appreciates you missing for out on something you would have enjoyed in order to help her out
>>
>>8862240
I totally missed it and didn't have the extra money to spend anyways. I really wanted the Whipped Jacquard OP, though, so hopefully I can get it a little cheaper on the secondhand market.
>>
>>8862324
It just came out, of course it wouldn't be on sale
>>
File: image.jpg (211KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211KB, 720x960px
2016: A Wizardry Year in Lolita
>>
>>8862348
Same thing happened to me anon. She had 2 automatic payments pulled from her account and its still 2 days before pay day for her. That's why i never will set up automatic bill pay. And im just happy i had enough money on hand to help her out.
>>
>>8862260
Different anon, I remember reading in a past thread that many anons found that black people like lolita the most. I live in a Midwestern city and that's true for me as well.
>>
>>8862324
It'll be on sale next Winter, no earlier.
>>
Secrets
>>
>>8862151

>expensive clothing
>ordering from overseas
>ordering from overseas without accidentally ordering a fake or overpriced stuff
>finding overseas brands to order from
>just ordering from overseas in general seems to be a big deal
>buying secondhand clothes/ordering from lolita-specific comms being another big deal, apparently.
>layers of fancy clothes
>hours to put it on, do your face and your hair
>if you're ugly/slobby the pretty dresses make an even bigger contrast
>lolita dressses are so overdressed it's a semi-popular topic on how to underdress
>we haven't even touched on sizing issues
>or popular release bloodbaths
>or coording issues
>or how not to be an ita
>nevermind the otaku/nerd implication

to be really honest I constantly question my own sanity on why I'm still in the hobby, actually. The dresses are very pretty, though.

And if it makes you feel any better, I've met some girls whose eyes glaze over when I try and explain why I shop at mainstream brand A and why it's better than mainstream brand B. Some girls just don't care about fashion, I guess, lolita included.
>>
>>8862435
I really love the stripes on this dress
>>
>>8862633
Lolita dresses aren't the part that's overdressed, it's the coords. I find most lolita coords to be waaay too dressy for any occasion honestly, and when most lolitas "dress down" their coords they look like shit. Lolitas can't find that happy medium. Honestly, I barely ever see a coord I actually would wear myself. It's either too fucking formal or too fucking casual. Why am I the only lolita who knows how to find the happy medium? Is it because I'm otherwise a normie?
>>
Has anybody used TaoBao or Alibaba for custom printed fabric before?
>>
>>8862689

All right, mind showing us your coordinates so us lowly peasants can learn from you, miss perfect loli?
>>
>>8862327
It was all old stock from items that didn't sell well in fall and things that didn't sell out during the summer sale. It's likely just me, I didn't care for half the items that were on sale. I had a couple JSKs in my cart and wasn't 100% invested in them so I said fuck it and closed the browser.
>>
File: 02101741_56baf7b87b2d0[1].jpg (371KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
02101741_56baf7b87b2d0[1].jpg
371KB, 500x600px
>>8862689

No, some dresses are just too overdressed by themselves.

Pic related, AP's latest offering and already sold out. I'd like to see you dress it down.
>>
>>8862689
huh, tastes are different, ok?
>>
>>8862689
No one who is in Lolita fashion is a normie, you're on 4 chan for god's sake, you're too far down the rabbit hole, how you represent yourself to other normies is something else entirely. Also, like all of us, you're incredibly picky, you just chose to make your world view a little more of the special snowflake solipsistic variety.
>>
I don't think you even understand the fashion. The fashion is inspired by the rococo period as well as the Victorian period. Lavish dresses were a sign of status, and highly fashionable. Just because people enjoy that styling of Lolita doesn't make it overdressed. It's just YOUR medium. It's part of the fashion. You are a normie, or a failed one.
>>
>>8862777
Meant for >>8862689
>>
So as a newbie I neglected to clean the glitter deo stains (from the aluminium) off two of my dresses. A normalfag friend of mine mentioned using baby wipes on chiffon which worked magically on a dress that has been sitting for at least 6 months

Is there another !method you guys use?
>>
>>8862722
Yeah, that's what the winter and summer sales usually are though. I bought a ton of stuff that I wouldn't have got if it was full price but for 50-60% off I was into it.
>>
I could need some help! I want to buy a skin for my new tablet and I'd love it to be a cute lolita print. I would like it to be a lavender colorway, but I have a hard time finding proper pictures.
I have Romantic Rose Letter and Holy Lantern on my list, and I would like Sweetie Violet if it had a proper image, but I'm still not sure what to take.
>>
>>8861818
Yeah no. I feel awkward at the moment wearing lolita even for extracurriculars, because I'm still trying to make friends and I feel like if I turn up to a meeting or club in lolita people will assume I'm trying to get attention or something. At the moment all I really do is go to class and go to run errands. On the rare occasions I go out other than to meets, I go with one of two friends who are both very shy. If I was going to spend a day in the city clothes shopping alone or something I'd feel fine wearing lolita, but it definitely doesn't feel right to wear it to discount supermarkets or around people that are scared of attention.

>>8861826
No comment.

>>8861881
I don't have a clean door, unfortunately, and there's only a square metre of space in front of the door before you hit a wardrobe that's blocking both the ceiling light and natural light. But I did find out that one of the bathrooms has semi-decent natural light and a plain door, so that might be where I end up from now on. Between you, >>8862152 and >>8861826 I don't know whether tripods outside are a good idea or not..depends if there's anywhere where people won't see me going back for twenty retries at a photo of myself. No such thing as a time of day when nobody's around at winter in the northern hemisphere there are only a few hours of daylight.

>>8862008
This happened to me recently - I lost track of time and had to run to class in lolita. Nobody in my class paid that much attention, but I got a lot of stares and grumpy looks on campus, even in just a toned-down classic coord with natural hair. When I go into the city or I'm in the street on my way to meets people seem to assume I'm going to a club night or a party, but when it's obvious I'm just going to class there's a lot more negative attention. This was for an evening class as well - I imagine it'd be a lot worse at 10am when there was no chance of people thinking I'm just going to rehearse a play.
>>
>>8862166
Aw that's cute, I like mediaeval clothes a lot and I think it's a good look on guys.
>>
Does anybody else feel a little disappointed in lolita youtubers that let their channel go in a different direction? I know they're not obligated to make lolita related content, but I do feel a little like they're just using their lolita fans like a 'okay done with lolita, now watch this!' sort of way. That probably didn't make much sense.

I just wish lolita youtubers would make a separate channel for their vloggy stuff that isn't lolita-esque at all.
>>
File: T68CNP7.jpg (75KB, 635x355px) Image search: [Google]
T68CNP7.jpg
75KB, 635x355px
>>8862572
So many secrets about Devon this week. I counted 5.
>>
>>8863291
wait, i thought it was a different person who needs money for his family? not the person in the pic?

i'm still really disappointed by that situation though. i would definitely sell my wardrobe first before i resort to begging,
>>
>>8863291
I missed this drama, details please
>>
>>8862402
I should but I'm kind of afraid to, because she's e-famous...
>>
>>8863285
Mostly I just want lolita YouTubers to up their overall quality. I see so many promising channels with shitty editing, next to no lighting, and most irritatingly cameras that are about as effective as a potato. The only ones who are at least semi-consistent in those aspects are Lor, Peachie, and Deerstalker, but over time I've become disinterested in their content. I just want someone else to really try damnit.
>>
>>8863291
Yuuki/Devon/Akira/David, what name is he using this week?
>>
>>8863409
Don't you think deerstalker's quality has declined lately? Camera is fine, but god the acting in their skits are so shit nowadays.
>>
This might belong in the stupid questions thread, not sure...

Is there a rule of thumb for how long a petti should be based on the length of a dress? For example if I have an OP that's 111cm, what length petticoat should I be getting?
>>
>>8863481
Can't recall the source, but from experience, I do about 2-3 inches from the hem and it also depends on where you prefer to wear your petticoat at (waist, lower waist, hips). I hope this helps.
>>
>>8863481
The hem of the petticoat should hit about an inch above the hem of the skirt, excluding non-opaque lace trim.
>>
>>8863481
Depends on the length of the skirt portion. Generally petticoats should be about 5cm shorter than the skirt - you want it to be long enough to not create an awkward "lampshade" shape, and short enough to not peek.
For an OP that long I imagine you'll need a longer petticoat rather than a standard one.
>>
>>8863486
>>8863488
>>8863489
Thanks, this is helpful. I'll measure it so that there is about 2 inches of room left. The dress doesn't have a defined waistline, it just comes with a sash to tie around your waist, so measuring the skirt portion is a little tricky

I was gonna commission one from bunny house or something so I'm just trying to get the length right, thanks guys!
>>
>>8863466
Agreed I feel like they were actually making content they liked vs now they're just doing it for the veiws and their newer "actors" are so awful
>>
>>8862435
Sorry for dumb question, but which brand is this?
>>
>>8863538
Its Aatp
>>
I just won an auction for a dream dress and I just found out I can't access my PayPal account, just spent half an hour googling to find out their email address but I can't find it?
>>
>>8863466
Nah, Its been about the same

I just wish we got another Lolita without a Cause
>>
>>8863669
I've emailed them before, but it seems like you can only email them via your paypal account. You might have to call them up instead. There's also a 'Forgot you email address/password?' option that might be of use? Either way, good luck anon.
>>
>>8863709
Thanks! I don't have enough credit on my phone to call to America (I live in Denmark) and the shops are closed today.

I know my password tough, it just says I can't access my account.

I will ask some friends if I can use their paypal account until I can access mine again, hoping at least one of them will be okay with it! Paypal is so annoying and untrustworthy sometimes, I wish other payment options were available when it comes to secondhand lolita shopping, it feels like paypal has a monopoly.
>>
>>8862324
I instantly fell in love with Magic Princess and reserved it via SS because I thought it'd be a bloodbath... Why don't people like this print? Do I have bad taste?
>>
>>8863396
>>8863461
He is asking for money on gofundme to support his struggling family. Meanwhile he continues to spend money on AP and other expensive stuff. It shows he's a self-entitled brat and doesn't want to sell his brand to support his family.

He's spammed my Twitter feed with his link. He got the lolita that needs a kidney to donate $20.
>>
>>8863285
>>8863409
I guess that for a lot of "Lolita" youtubers the fashion is just a gateway into e-fame. They want to be special and wearing alternative fashion isn't hard and will give you views. Even if you're ita or ugly, other itas and uglies will eat up your content.
>>
Is Lolibrary down for anybody else? Haven't been able to access it for the past hour.
>>
>>8863735
http://isup.me

yes it's down
>>
What's this Tekko guest drama I keep hearing about?
>>
>>8863285

I've started a youtube channel but I have like no clue about editing. I'm using windows media player and it sucks man :( My camera is pretty good though and my wardrobe is pretty decent. Anyone got any tips on some free good video editing programs?
>>
>>8863717
It's ok anon, I'm in love with it too
>>
>>8863741
I believe online comms thread has it, tldr the guests are Misako and someone who is very butthurt about Misako and has posted salty comments about her before
>>
>>8863715
... You do know that Paypal is an international company and will sure have a local support for your country? There is no need to call the US. Usaually those support hotlines are open 24h 7days a week, even in europe.
>>
>>8863461
>>8863718
This is the same person linked to drama and secrets with She Who Must Not Be Named, right? Or is this a different person?
>>
>>8863715
If you use your friends PayPal will you have to get it shipped to their address though? Just to stay within the PayPal protection?
>>
>>8863759
The American nr is all I can find. If I could find a way to contact them by email or a Danish number I wouldn't have asked for it here.
>>
>>8863735
It's down for me too, whenever I need it it's down. I miss hellolace.
>>
>>8863764
Yep. Actually one of the secrets showed the lolita dress in a trash bag. The one that She Who Must Not Be Named posted.
>>
>>8863770

OP can have their friend add OP's address to their paypal account, then select to ship to that address.

Or just ship to friend and have the friends pass it to OP, I assume they know each other and do see each other IRL anyway.
>>
>>8863746
Thanks anon, that's good to know. And it's so amazing irl. I'll feel like a fucking magical girl.
>>
>>8863759
you must be an amerifag or from one of the largest 3 countries in Europe. companies most certainly do not have individual support lines for every country in the EU and some don't even have an EU line.
OT but I have an Origin account that I set up with an unsecure password and some random bullshit security questions, and apparently they don't change those without being called. of course they don't have an EU phone line.

>>8863777
.. I see your fucking problem, the e-mail page insists that you log in. have you just tried a password reset and shit?
>>
>>8863781
>she who must not be named?

who the fuck is that?
chlamydia chan?
>>
>>8863880
If we mentioned the person by name it'll get deleted and whoever dies it gets banned.
This is not a huuuuuge deal, but it's annoying and it's easier to avoid those things
>>
>>8863880
The lolita who had drama with BTSSB. She also got into an argument with David over the dress length of Cosmic.

Her name is Rosaire.
>>
>>8862558
Or the summer sale
>>
Stupid question, is Malco Modes still the petticoat of choice? I've been out of lolita for about 5 years, and I'm really missing it, but I got rid of my petticoat since it didn't fit. I'm trying to decide whether to go with that or with Classical Puppets for an a-line shape, primarily gothic and a little classic. I actually don't like a ton of poof, but I want something that will hold up.
>>
>>8863812
I love it too, I just don't have the money for it.
>>
>>8863974
Malco Modes, definitely. Classical Puppets' quality has been declining (mostly their bell shaped ones though).
>>
>>8863977
I hope it'll be on sale so you can buy it and rock it, anon.
>>
>>8863974
You can still go with malco modes. Models 580 and 582 are the more lolita friendly petticoats. You can still go with Classical Puppets, but there are recent reviews stating that their petticoats are not as good as they used to be.

More recently, Bunny House, a Vietnamese based shop and MeLikesTea, a Brazilian based shop are popular places to get petticoats. You can get them customized. Keep in mind that they're indie brands, so they're pretty booked in orders ATM. I'd wait til the Chinese new year holiday is over.
>>
>>8863974
Classical Puppets pettis are garbage now anon, don't waste your money! Mine literally fell apart at the seams after 5 wears even though I treated it carefully.
>>
>>8863996
Really? I got my CP petticoats last year and wear the pretty frequently (at least once a week for the whole day), they've held up just fine and are pretty well made.
>>
>>8863996
>>8864003
My CP pettis are also in good shape, just not poofy enough for my taste.
>>
>>8864003
Same. I ordered mine through their Taobao shop (vs a 3rd party seller). Not sure if that made a difference.
>>
>>8863992
>>8863995
>>8863996
Thanks for the help! Amazon has Malco Modes on prime, so I think I'm going to go with that.
>>
>dress I love always shows up in second hand sites but never in my size
>finally the size I want is up for sale
>I actually have the money
>starts having second thoughts about the dress
This always happens to me, please tell me I'm not the only one. And then when someone else buys it I regret it to the death
>>
>>8864027
Anon, I feel you. Just buy it a long as the price is decent.
Sometimes I get good deals on dresses I'm in love with, but after I send the payment, I get mini-buyers-remorse. I check all the auction and secondhand sites to see how much it sold for in the past, worry if it was a bad idea for my budget, worry it won't fit me or my wardrobe. One dress I got in the mail actually didn't fit (well) and I basically lost my shit. And now 6 months later, I realize that it was an awesome deal and all I needed was a simple underskirt. I'm super grateful to have it.
The opposite has happened where I almost bought a dress but had it sold out from under me while I was shuffling my feet. And 6 months later I realized it was a really good deal for what it was.
>>
>>8864027
doing the same thing right now! It's like I'm waiting for someone else to buy so i can save money. But I always end up spending more, than I would have, the next time i see it
>>
>>8863691
The lolita problems series is significantly worse than their older stuff.
>>
I'm looking at buying a dress that has an 88 cm bust. My bust is around 85, 86. Will it fit? How much wiggle room do you give yourself when buying?
>>
>>8864027
The nice thing about lolita is that you can always sell it. I impulse bought a skirt of a print, because I loost the auction for the JSK. The skirt would never fit me, but I sold it without losing money.
>>
>>8863812
Haha I bought night carnival for this exact reason
>>
>>8864218
I lose money on everything. I have like four items for sale right now that aren't selling even at a loss... It seems like the western market doesn't care about anything but AP and moitie
>>
>>8864214
we can't say when we have no information about dress or dress material. I've fit fine into 84cm with 88cm tits, just very slightly squished. some dresses are super strict measurement (especially ones with built in overbust corsets, usually), some are lax as fuck.
>>
>>8864224
Moitie significantly dropped in value as well (except very few of their prints). I'd say that newer AP/Btssb/Aatp are the only brands right now that you can still sell for retail without a hassle. But if your stuff is a couple of seasons old already, you will also struggle.
>>
>>8863735
Every single time I've checked the damn thing this last month it's been down. I'll be really upset if it's dying. It's perfect for digging for all the non-named prints I like and fucking MEASUREMENTS.
>>
>>8864229
It's a vm dress made out of broadcloth
>>
>>8864268
In my experience, unshirred VM busts tend to be fairly forgiving. My bust is 88cm and I fit their 86-88 stuff comfortably.
>>
>>8864214
It depends on how far you're willing to go. If you get the dress and it boobloafs, will you sports bra/binder? I buy dresses with a max bust up to 6cm under mine because I can bind to 12cm smaller than my actual measurement and often do for lolita.
>>
Can someone help me translating this please?
無地ブラックは手触りが良くドレープ感があり、上質で皺になり辛い生地です

Google translate gives me a contradicting translation, something like "good sense of drape but of wrinkled quality". That doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>8864287
How does it not make sense? The dress is wrinkled but otherwise fine.
>>
>>8864287
That's some shitty translation. It says the black fabric is high quality, drapes nicely, and is difficult to wrinkle.
>>
>>8864287
It basically says that the plain black fabric feels nice to the touch, drapes well, and is a high-quality fabric that doesn't wrinkle easily.
>>
>>8864306
It makes few sense for a dress that you buy directly off the webstore, that's why I had to double check the translation.

>>8864312
>>8864316
thanks guys, now it makes sense.
>>
>>8864037
>>8864048
>>8864218
Screw everything, I'm buying it. Thank you for your support anons
>>
>>8863974
I have two MeLikesTea A-lines and really like them.
>>
>>8864027
Buying and selling if you don't like it is really useful in lolita fashion. I've had dresses I merely liked arrive and be much nicer quality in person, or fit perfectly, or be super comfy, and I would now never sell, whereas I've had other dresses I really liked from the stock pics turn out to be a slightly different shade IRL or have fit issues. Trying something on really helps you to know if a dress works for you.

I'd advise anyone who's umming and hashing about selling stuff to do the same thing - I had two dresses in the definitely sell pile and four I was undecided on, but after trying on the maybes I discovered that two no longer fit, one looked bad with my skin tone, and one was actually really cute worn.
>>
>>8864254
It's been working fine for me, spent four hours looking up auction stuff on it yesterday.
>>
>>8864254
I secretly hope it dies so I'm not told look there anymore because yeah, it's down a lot and sorry, but I don't have the measurements memorized for every single dress.
>>
>>8864571
It's really annoying to have to pay to try something on though.
>>
>>8864247
>>8864218
Ah, so you can't ALWAYS sell off things.
>>
>>8864605
You can. If it's a lesser known piece you'll probably get it for a low price to begin with and you can sell it at a low price again. There is always a chance you'll make a loss, but you can always get back a few bucks. But then again, you might make a profit with a dress that went up in value?
Anyway, resale value isn't something you should consider when buying a dress, but it's nice to know you won't lose all of the money you spend.
>>
>>8863886
Now you've summoned her. It's going to be like the Eye of Sauron on this thread now
>>
What happened to Pumpkin Cat? I just saw the secret and looked at their store. They really were such a cute brand.
>>
can I get some examples of glasses done well with lolita? How do you gulls do your makeup with glasses on?

I recently found out I can't really wear contacts anymore, so I'm trying to figure out my options. advice is appreciated!
>>
File: 1408502833767.jpg (156KB, 536x960px) Image search: [Google]
1408502833767.jpg
156KB, 536x960px
>>8865636
oic
>>
>>8865644
Here we fucking go...
>>
File: daily.jpg (142KB, 419x640px) Image search: [Google]
daily.jpg
142KB, 419x640px
>>8865636
The done well bit is pretty subjective, but I personally like frames that either suit your style color-wise or are less noticeable (frameless, thin wire, transparent, etc.). For example, I think pastel frames work nicely in sweet, and tortoiseshell is cool for more mature sweet/classic looks.
I honestly hate the thin rectangular glasses because they tend look like old lady and 40-year-old man glasses, but that's just my opinion. Pic related looks fine to me, though.

As far as makeup goes, you can pretty much do it normally. The only issue I have is with my eyelashes hitting my lenses a bit; this happens with both my natural eyelashes and falsies. I just make sure that my mascara is totally dry before I put my glasses on.
The nose bit can also rub away foundation, so if that's something you're concerned about or if you plan on taking off your glasses for photos, just carry around a makeup bag and do a quick touch up if necessary.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-15-12-10-03.png (478KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-15-12-10-03.png
478KB, 1080x1920px
This print needs a rerelease, I want CD in lavander more than anything but they always sell ridiculously above retail. Also the idea of giving Kate my money makes me gag.
What other prints do you believe need a rerelease?
Last time Seagulls discussed this HL had 1000 rereleases.
>>
>>8865743
I'm wondering the same thing too about CD. I brought it up in a dream dress thread and everyone starting clamoring for it. I want the JSK version in ivory.
>>
>>8865743
>550
Bitch is trying to sell it for 700 on Facebook.
>>
>>8865743
CD is almost certain to get a re-release. I think some other good candidates would be like, Gloria and some of the newer releases, like Celestial cross and Loyal rosette. Im hoping AP just kinda does some MTO at least once CD I'm right there with you for a lavandar (but maybe white they're both so prettyyyy)
>>
Is it difficult to order from Closet Child without a SS? I saw the tutorial and it doesn't seem that hard but I see a lot of people go with the SS.
>>
>>8865845
you don't need a ss for their webshop, they ship internationally and accept paypal. people use a ss if they want an in-store item (which is still a gamble, since it's not guaranteed it will be in stock when the SS arrives).
>>
>>8865845
The only people I've ever heard of ordering from CC with an SS are doing so because the item is in-store or because they're Yuropoors who want to evade customs (CC doesn't mark down).
Ordering from CC with an SS for any other reason is fucking stupid; just follow the guide.
>>
>>8865845
I order from CT with Tenso because I'm in Europe and I want to be able to choose my shipping option and to mark down the packages. The website is pretty understandable with a translator such as what you can use on google chrome.
>>
>>8865874
>>8865877
You just saved my life
>>
>>8865743
>>8865750
>>8865813
There is not enough thirst for a Cinema Doll rerelease, people try to scalp it but noone really bites. There isn't even a replica of it and the chinese lolitas aren't vocal about it as well.
Same goes for Honey Cake. But are just semi-popular prints with a decent following. HC even went on sale if I remember correctly.
>>
>>8865896
There is enough thirst for it on the only side that matters. The Chinese have been wanting this rerelease for a while now
>>
>>8865743
I wouldn't buy this dress from that seller if I was paid to. I might catch stupidity.
>>
>>8865874
>>8865877
Can you describe how in-store shopping works? I guess if a SS arrives to a store and the item is gone, I will still have to pay SS fees? Can they phone to the shop and ask for a hold?
One thing I cannot understand that if the CC staff is posting items online, why not put them to the online shop?
>>
>>8865942
if they came out with a red version of CD the chinese lolita's would flip their fucking shit.
>>
>>8865951
On my experience, they refund everything. They also call before hand to make sure that the item is still there.

The reason why they don't put it in the online store is for an incentive to get customers to the store
>>
>>8865951
>>8865979

Forgot to add, they do not typically do holds. Its all first come first serve type of deal
>>
I need some help, and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to post this. I ordered some stuff from Angelic Pretty during the sale, and I just got an email saying that one of the pairs of socks I ordered were out of stock. From the email it seems they are going to send me the rest of my order and charge me for the amount minus the socks. So I checked my bank account just now and they've charged me twice for my order. The full price, both times. I've ordered from AP a good few times now and I can't remember ever being double charged before. I'm not sure if I should email them or just wait and see what happens. I'm fairly poor at the moment (college, yay) so my bank account is nearly empty now, and I'm freaking out just a tad. Any advice would be much appreciated.

tldr; AP item out of stock, double charged for order, what do?
>>
>>8865985
Is that a new policy? About two years ago while i was there I heard someone call the harajuku store and had it put it on hold... it may have been a regular customer and or possibly because it was a really slow day
>>
>>8866005
Be very careful dealing with AP, because you could be blacklisted. I would try talking to my bank first and see if they can do anything. If not, wait a little bit and see if it changes. If that doesn't change, then try contacting AP, maybe get someone who can speak Japanese to help you write it in Japanese, and be very polite about the mistake.
>>
>>8866147
Yeah, I've heard about that before, which is part of the reason I'm panicking. I'll get onto my bank and see what they say. I really hope it gets sorted and I get my stuff. I haven't been able to afford AP for a while so I've been saving up. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>8866128
I still think it depends on the store or even the people. Sometime last year, I had a SS told me that she did get a dress put on hold but when she went to get it later that day, it sold.
>>
>>8866005
Does your account say that it's posted or pending? Only because it only matters when it's posted, that's when it becomes a problem.

If it still shows pending, give it a few days and it will disappear
>>
>>8866186
It doesn't specify, unfortunately. My bank sucks. It probably is just a pending transaction that was to make sure there was enough money in my account, but with the whole out of stock item and everything, I'm just worried AP fucked up trying to refund me or something.
>>
>>8865678
Her glasses always bother me because they make her look ancient. Her coords are cute though.
>>
>>8865743
Her listings are all disgustingly overpriced imo, forget what I was looking at but it was like a 150-200 dollar dress for around 500
>>
>>8865678
thanks for the feedback anon! I also have a lot of trouble with my lashes when I wear glasses, are there any frame styles that might help with this?
>>
>>8866128
On most blog entries they have a little note about how they won't do phone orders (holds/orders/answer questions).
>>
>>8866392
Not that I know of. I've had everything from the rectangular ones to big round ones over the years, and it's a problem I've always had. You can't really get frames that keep the lenses at more of a distance.
>>
>>8865678
I'm really captured by this picture. I usually hate red (unpopular opinion) but this looks so nice.. also bonus for cute figure
>>
>>8865813

celestial already had an MTO though they won't be doing another one soon unless a new color appears.
>>
Where is the best place to buy the most recent issues of the Gothic & Lolita Bible? I see it on JBOX, but they're pretty well known for scalping.
>>
>>8866392
Make sure you have glasses with nose pads rather than frames that sit directly on your nose, your optometrist can adjust them to sit slightly further out from your face.
>>
>>8866535
I think they're talking about Cinema Doll not Celestial
>>
>>8865743
Unless China falls in love we aren't gonna get one.
>>
How much should I expect to pay or offer for AatP's new The Grace dresses? Which cut of the JSK is less popular?

People have started getting theirs, I hope I can get one off somebody
>>
>>8866798
you can still get it, it was so popular their opening reservations for a release in May. My SS got me the may reservation.
>>
>>8866806
The May/June production is sold out online, but thanks, I'll check with the shopping services I know
>>
this weekend I was at a con and I brought some nice shoes that went with my coords with me but I knew they were going to become uncomfortable quickly simply due to the sheer amount of walking I would be doing. First day I tried to go with some black flats that kinda went with things but then by the second day I even gave up on those and said fuck it and put sneakers on - I figured if anyone gave me flack for it (here, there, or otherwise) I would just laugh it off and mention that I was at a convention on my feet for 10+ hours. (I mean, other people can go ahead and make their feet suffer but I'm not a masochist and just didn't feel like dealing with dat shit)

Got me thinking though, now I kind of want to find a cute pair of sneakers to wear with lolita for walking around cons. Also related - any actual lolita shoes that you guys like that are good for walking around cons all day? I'm thinking just flat stuff like tea parties would be good but I have wide feet and I'm worried they'll make my feet look dumb, and I also worry things like RHS may become awkward to walk in after 5 or so hours.
>>
>>8866958
Brogues or smart Mary Janes with a small 1-2" heel from a comfort brand like Hush Puppies are my go to for walking around all day.
>>
Is it normal than some measurements provided by CC are a little odd? I'm comparing with the ones in lolibrary, also the listing doesn't mention the dress being altered.
>>
>>8866958
What a dirty casual
>>
>>8867009
>ruining your feet for fashion
They're walking around at a con, not trying to be a fucking runway model
>>
File: image.jpg (155KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155KB, 600x800px
Yay or nay?
>>
>>8867029
Shrug from me. I like the bodice treatment, but I'm kind of over crown prints.
>>
>>8866958
Insoles are your friend
>>
>>8867029

IW has been so blah the past year or so. No nice florals and all these ugly medallion/crest designs that are so blocky looking and surrounded by a clunky border.

How did the brand that got me into lolita get so boring?
>>
>>8866567
get it from cdjapan (I've used untracked SAL shipping to USA and it arrives just fine) or yesasia (free shipping if you buy over $39). If you live near Kinokuniya, it's more cost effective to pick it up there compared to shipping!
>>
>>8866958
I walked around a con for a whole day in BTSSB heels, which we all know are the cutest but shittiest around. I was surprised myself, but if shoes fit you and don't give you blisters, there shouldn't be an issue. I find that if they don't hurt after 2 hours, they won't hurt any longer than that. Just wear thick socks under your tights/otks.
You probably should have just not worn lolita if your feet couldn't handle it, though. The mental image of normie sneakers in lolita is really not a good one. The point of putting an outfit together is making it look good, what's the fun in looking bad?
Also
>implying that anyone gives a shit about what you wear at a con
Unless you post pictures online, no ones going to go out of their way to take your photo and post it on btb.
>>
>>8867020
>They're walking around at a con, not trying to be a fucking runway model

Basically. I'm just gonna assume that >>8867009 is joking around but no seriously, I will whip out a thousand dollars for my dream dress but killing my feet doing a leisurely activity being a weaboo bitch-ass nerd I will not.

>>8867052
I know that it 100% looked ridiculous, but I think it looked stupid enough in tandem with my coord that looked serious enough that anyone who saw hopefully understood that I wasn't wearing these to be fashionable lol Also I have no idea what kind of shoes you're wearing in lolita but please let me know, because heels start killing me after at least 5 hours and like I mentioned in my post I always spend at least double that constantly walking for 10-12 hours. All my shoes fit me fine but well fitting shoes, especially heels, does not mean your feet aren't going to hurt after a while. Even wearing sneakers my feet feel a bit sore at the end of the con, heels make it 10x worse and faster.

>>8867041
insoles certainly help and I always make sure to put them in my shoes whether I'm going out to a meet or a con, but they can only provide comfort for so long.
>>
>>8867029
WTH, IW? Isn't this Crest Gobelin? How unoriginal.
>>
>>8866817
oh shit im sorry anon I didn't realize, good luck I hope you can get your dress!
>>
>>8867065
But really what's the point of dressing nicely just to ruin it with ugly shoes? One of the most important aspects of the fashion is a highly coordinated outfit, the outfit doesn't stop at a nice dress. Why not wear an outfit surrounding a cute anime shirt instead? It would have been more relevant to the event anyways, let's be real.
But to actually answer the original question, I have the bodyline shoes300 (and it's identical predecessor) and I find that they have a flattering heel, but it's really wide and short, making it easy to walk in. I half-sized up as well, so there's lots of space in the wide toe box. Those are my "comfy" shoes.
>>
>>8866958
I've walked miles in Tokyo in lolita heels. If I am going to dress up I am not going to be a dirty casual like >>8867009 mentioned. Not comfortable, but I have stupidly wide feet too so I would just do insoles with tea parties next time.
>>
>>8867187
dude when I was in Japan, girls were wearing huge ass heals and walking around everywhere. I asked one girl that was in our group if it bothered her, and she said she was used to it, and it's very normal. They go hardcore.
>>
>>8867002
yes, it sometimes happens. I recently got a skirt that CC noted as a 60cm waist while lolibrary said it was 68cm. in the end it was 60cm, so I'm glad it wasn't too big.

sizing difference happens quite often, especially with older pieces or Moitie pieces (I have a Moitie piece that's at least 5cm shorter than on Lolibrary)
>>
>>8867168
who really cares though
if they're at an anime convention literally no one is gonna give a shit and I seriously doubt there's any lolita ballsy enough to walk up to someone and bitch them out over a dumb pair of shoes
AP made those sneakers
>inb4 just because a brand made it doesn't make it lolita
I agree but those could be cute if you want comfy shoes for walking around all day in
>>
>>8863276
Student chan, even if you were in a group of lolita friends taking outfit shots, passerbys will always look at you in some way or manner, you're in the most eye-grabbing fashion, you will turn heads like it or not. I've done the whole tripod in a historical tourist sites before, yes they glance but they're busy ppl too and pretty much carry on. Blank them out, they're strangers & don't mean anything to you. Wear an earphone to drown out any comments.
>>
>>8867168
>It would have been more relevant to the event anyways, let's be real.
tons of lolitas go to anime cons plus haven't most anime cons expanded to "japanese pop culture" or whatever anyways?
>>
>>8866958
>>8867009
>>8867052
>>8867065
>>8867168
>>8867187

I can tell all of you that when you're walking around at a convention (that isn't for lolita) or just walking around yourself going shopping in a city, no one gives a fuck whether you're wearing crocs or VW melissa's. Sure, wearing sneakers with a coord probably looks dumb as hell, but so is continuing to wear shoes even though they're hurting you, giving you blisters, and just overall fucking your feet up.

People talk trash about flats anon but perhaps just stick to those + insoles + some other form of padding if you don't want people whining. Otherwise no one gives a flying shit unless you post to CoF and then by extension, cgl, when you get posted for being a (lol) dirty causal ita chan oh noes.
>>
This might be a weird question, but how do I know if an Excentrique vest fits me properly? My waist is a 72 and it's a s/m vest which is like 56-74 so it's snug against my torso, but it's also a corset style vest so I figure it should be snug, but when I tighten it up I find the shoulder straps loose and need to tighten the ties at the top more than around my waist, making them uneven. Usually with an actual corset you want that to be even all the way down, but it's also not technically a corset, am I overthinking this?
>>
>>8867198
I just don't see the point in putting yourself through that kind of pain and permanent damage.
>>
>>8867029
I love crown prints but what?
It looks like an ugly version of Crest Gobelin.
A-at least I'm saving my money.
>>
>>8865454
You sound like someone who doesn't do much selling or only sells popular/recent items
>>
>>8867029

Innocent world please do something more original.
>>
>>8867250

I care about how I look. That is why I get comfortable but nice shoes so I can actually walk around, feel comfortable, and feel pretty all at once. Boom.
>>
>>8867381
>tfw going to wear black shoes with brown bag at next con because they are my only comfortable shoes
>>
>>8866347
Do people remember that girl selling "Milkyfawn's Honey Cake" with a mark-up?
It's surprising she isn't advertising her shit as "Girlyhoot's Cinema Doll".
Her feedback isn't the best as well, countless mention items having flaws that were not described.
>>
>>8867371
I have sold many unpopular items as well, you just need to be patient, take good pictures and accept that some things simply won't get you the whole sum back. But there are always some poorfags who will buy cheap brand.
>>
>>8867400
When a skirt in good condition from a popular brand isn't selling for $20, you don't really want to bother. Not everything cheap sells.
>>
>>8867414
I think you're just having bad luck or are doing something wrong. It is not that hard, really.
>>
>>8867421
Look at Lacemarket. It's the hardest to sell than it's ever been in 10 years.
>>
>>8867259
It's not a corset; you're overthinking it.

>>8867414
Sometimes it's to do with location as well. People don't want to wait/pay for international shipping + possible customs, which is fair enough...
>>
>>8867437
Seconding this, selling is really difficult, even if the price is all the way down. The market is so heavily saturated, not even with anything specific, but just with so much more lolita clothing than ever before, and it makes it harder to get your stuff moved. A few years ago I could get rid of even some bodyline stuff in a few days, now I'd have bodyline-priced brand sitting there collecting dust.
>>
>>8867437
>>8867444
In this case just put it on ebay. I sold Bodyline dresses for a profit to some normalfags, because they are used to overpriced alt-fashion. They still think "lolita is so expensive!!!".

>>8867441
I'm a eurofag and that's already hard-mode (because US-sellers mainly sell and buy in the US and Japan). Eventually I got rid of everything.
>>
How do we feel about cutsews with classic?

Just got my first cutsew, and Oh My Gosh, sooooo more casual and comfortable than a blouse. Freind tells me it's not that elegant, and I agree.. Still, are there any cutsews that work with classic? Yay? Nay? Why nay? Why yay?
>>
>>8867686
I think it can work depending on what the cutsew looks like and how you coord it. Post a picture?
>>
File: l557-2.jpg (158KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
l557-2.jpg
158KB, 700x1200px
>>8867693

This in white, with dress next post
>>
File: costume839-2.jpg (149KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
costume839-2.jpg
149KB, 700x1200px
>>8867721
This dress. I chose the cutsew because it wouldn't show over the sailor-collar thing, and it doesn't. The cutsew has bad quality scratchy ratchel lace, but it's hardly noticable because there's so little of it.
>>
File: l587-2.jpg (324KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
l587-2.jpg
324KB, 700x1200px
>>8867721
I got it specifically for the sailor dress, but I'll probably want to wear it with stuff like this, too.
>>
File: 01291830_56ab314aae408.jpg (368KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
01291830_56ab314aae408.jpg
368KB, 500x600px
>>8867721
This is literally the worst cutsew possible. It's just a printed t-shirt.
Cutsews like pic related can work with classic.

For >>8867722 just choose a blouse or top with nice sleeves and avoid standing collars.
>>
>>8867721
If the neckline doesn't show under the sailor collar and the color matches it should be perfectly fine, but it probably won't look as good with this JSK >>8867724
If you find cutsews more comfortable than blouses, get another one that has a collar, like this: http://www.wunderwelt.jp/products/detail4607.html
>>
>>8867739
It's still going to be boring as fuck and look like a t-shirt with gathered sleeves. there are tons of cutsews that aren't as shit as that.
>>
>>8867029
As a graphic designer that fucking font is bothering me. If you really have to use a huge pointless text, use one that is matching the style of the print. At first glance I thought it was a watermark on the stock photo. I can't believe it's on the actual dress, feel like a walking advertisment...
>>
>>8867730
Holy shit, did not even know those kind of cutsews existed. Always blew them off because 'Looks like a blouse, ain't a blouse, seems shitty'.. Will look into long-sleeved cutsews.

>>8867739
Naah, good point. Luckily I do have a blouse to go with it, that's a nice cutsew though.

>>8867744
/SrslyDidnotknowthis/Probablytheoldschoolinme.jpg
>>
does anybody remember the name of the eBay seller who sold those really nice, big petticoats? I think they were like $30 with shipping?
>>
>>8867890
I think they closed their shop.
>>
File: 1455236235879.jpg (56KB, 348x362px) Image search: [Google]
1455236235879.jpg
56KB, 348x362px
>>8865743
...not to sound salty but why is everyone shitting on Kate for scalping her dress?

I thought the argument used to be that it's about ~*~supply and demand~*~ and if you don't like the price then ~*~don't buy, entitled baka~*~
Not to say that I hate that people see this for what it is now, I just get the impression based on past shitshows about scalpers that people are really only saying this is bullshit because Kate is bullshit. Which is ok, just also hypocritical.
>>
File: 20151231_212020.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151231_212020.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>8867907
>>
So.. I just bought one of PT's AP dresses through ebay. She have pretty good feedback and it was described as “Like-new condition” however it arrived with huge sweat stains under the armpits, something that looks like a small coffee stain on the back, some weird black dirt on the lining, animal hair.. AND FUCKING CLAW MARKS.
Ngl I maybe expected it to be a bit stretched or have a weird smell but not this.
What do? Should I complain through Paypal or eBay? Because I already know trying to solve this directly with her is going to be like fighting with a 5 year old.
>>
>>8868000
At least send her a message. It's bad form not to. If she doesn't respond well, just go straight to Paypal.
>>
>>8868000
Always go through your source before you go through paypal, as their claim system is meant to be a last resort to get your money back
>>
>>8867912
>being hypocritical is okay
Topkek. Stop sugar coating, you know damn well as I do that people here are just little brats and that's why they're bitching.
>>
>>8865743
I would wait for something to pop up on MBOK. $500 is what I paid for a full set, not the dress alone, even on mbok, the highest price sold for CD in lav was 60k yen for dress, hb, otks, and a bonnet made from the tote bag.
>>
>>8865743
Not such a good seller. Took her almost 3 weeks of her making excuses, not shipping, and when I finally got a refund from her. She (unbeknownst to me) shipped it a couple days post Refund, and when it arrived at my apartment, I was confused and told her. "Oh I guess it got shipped out after all" bitch I can see it dated shipped several days after the refund. I ended up paying for it again just to end the whole thing. Ugh.
>>
>>8867381
>Boom.

Wow sure schooled me
>>
>>8868025
Why does it seem like so many of the efame whores with drama wrapped up around them are shitty at selling things? I've heard complaints about at least 2 other people I think. I feel like if I were in a position of ~efame~ or relative online popularity shouldn't I just do my best to be a good seller? Because that could piss people off and ruin my name. I guess they have it all on their side though, I suppose they could just brush it off and say the buyer is lying or trying to frame them or something. God knows their minions will eat all the shit that comes out of their mouth.
>>
>>8868017
>being hypocritical is okay
That is to say, almost everyone is but it feels good to point this shit out specifically. I hate scalpers, however this kind of common sense should be a item all the time regardless of who it is.
>>
>>8868000
oh damn, i think i know which dress this is.. i almost bought it myself. so sorry to hear it's so fucked anon.

i did buy an accessory from her a couple years ago and she was pretty honest about the damage. this might be a legitimate oversight on her part? i'd send a message before filing a claim.
>>
>>8868054
Too bad most gulls lack common sense. This board wouldn't be so easy to troll if they did.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtAmT3Tra54
Has anyone seen this yet?
>>
>>8867912
I hate all scalping so. Bitch doesn't even tell you when she's shipping or anything. It just shows up one day after you've been waiting weeks and have been considering making a claim. Her feedback is super lazy too.

>>8868022
There's always the infamous 600 000 yen set...
>>
>>8868313
yes everyones already seen that video. it has nothing to do with lolita so we should keep it out this thread. if youd like to discus it try the farm please.
>>
>>8867220
So I should trust the measurements in CC better? Also it isn't like 4 or 5 cm of diference, it's like 20cm
>>
>>8868404
It's rare but brands do release different sizes sometimes
>>
>>8868404
Is it because they've measured it flat an unstretched rather than with the shirring stretch included?
>>
>>8867452
I always tried to sell locally when I lived within the Eurozone and I agree that it can be damn hard to sell stuff from there. Your prices never compare to buying from Japan for U.S.and other countries where they have no customs, and there's just less people within the EU so less chance of making a sale.
>>
A seller on lacemarket overcharged me for shipping should I ask for the difference? I was charged $15 postage is marked around $8. Or should I let it go?
>>
>>8868494
>>8868432
The dress doesn't have shirring wich is why I'm worried. Anyway, the measurement wich worries me the most is the bust: 40 cm, it's gotta be a mistake right?
>>
>>8868686
i'd shoot them a message and ask about the difference. there have been instances where i had to buy special packing materials or append extra stamps to a package so the actual postage looks different from what i charged.
>>
>>8868696
Those are flat measurements. Generally you need to double that. The bust should be around 80 cm.
>>
>>8868686
Yeah, definitely ask them about it. I usually charge more for than the marked cost of shipping if I needed to buy a box or packaging to ship it. Also consider conversion rates and if they factored that into it.
>>
>>8868686
Sellers can charge whatever they want for shipping honestly. Keep in mind some sellers will factor in paypal fees and packaging materials into that cost.
>>
>>8868686
It's not that big of a difference. I'd recommend leaving a comment about it when you leave feedback so they can adjust the price for future orders.
>>
>>8868404
I've found that a lot of the time CC tends to overestimate the length and underestimate the width of things. I say go by brand/lolibrary measurements and poke around for reviews to see if people have noted discrepancies.
>>
>>8868720
>>8868834
Thank you, I see that in some dresses on CC the measurements of the bust are half of what they actually are, so they do match the ones in lolibrary (except for a few cm).
>>
File: tumblr_o2o5xtpZ4R1qbuhibo2_1280.jpg (533KB, 612x859px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2o5xtpZ4R1qbuhibo2_1280.jpg
533KB, 612x859px
>>
>>8868903
IT HAS BEGUN
>>
>>8868903
crossing my fingers for MTO
>>
>>8868903
Hm. I really want to like this but the drawing style reminds me of a taobao brand or something for some reason. In a bad, underwhelming way. Oh well, more for the people who like this?
>>
>>8868903
Anyone have an idea of the max stretch on the jsk?
>>
>>8868903
....I just bought a dream dress. Fuck.
>>
did anyone else see that soufflesong did some NYFW show?
I dunno how big it was/how many people saw/what people and media were there or whatever.

I guess it's cool but I'm also worried about normalfags finding out about muh obscure jfashion and fucking things up.
>>
File: Mmm.jpg (39KB, 453x519px) Image search: [Google]
Mmm.jpg
39KB, 453x519px
>>8868903
This is literaly Homer Simpson print
>>
>>8869007
I'd also like to know the measurements and can't find it.
>>
>>8869015
>I'm also worried about normalfags finding out about muh obscure jfashion and fucking things up.
Please be a fucking troll.
>>
>>8869015
Souffle song is such a weird choice. The quality is awful, really cheap looking.
>>
>>8869005
Agreed - MCD is way better, but donuts!
>>
>>8869028
this

also apparently Misako was super sick and still did the show + the last minute tea party some of the New York girls had, what a trooper
>>
>>8867912

You should re-read the comment you just quoted. OP specifically says she doesn't want to give money to Kate. The issue of whether or not the dress is overpriced is a different topic altogether.

It's one thing when newbies demand to buy popular prints for cheap, which was what past debates were about. It's a different topic altogether when someone specifically says "I hate this girl and don't want to give her any of my money although she has my dream print" and the overpricing topic is just on the side.
>>
>>8869028
?
the "obscure" part was obviously a joke, and don't tell me you wouldn't be annoyed by /fa/ggots fucking up things like AP
>>
>>8869030
Yeah I'm not sure why they were there. Soufflesong just doesn't seem like FW material, I find it odd someone like AP or Baby wasn't there instead.
>>
File: tumblr_nz58izhCsa1sqx8y7o1_540.jpg (64KB, 540x508px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz58izhCsa1sqx8y7o1_540.jpg
64KB, 540x508px
>>8869042
>>
>>8869042
Oh lordy. Do you think the /fa/ crowd are normies?
Also it's mostly guys there from what I know. This isn't the kind of thing you should worry about because it takes a lot to wear lolita first of all, the reason it's not wildly popular is because no one sees it and goes "oh yeah, I'd wear that". They see it and think, "oh I wish I could wear that" and then if they are actually seriously considering it, they'll find out the prices and say no.

Also, people like lady Gaga have worn it and it didn't take off then or when stupid ass Amy Lee was being all ita with it. Only some of their fans went full throttle and started wearing it.

That's why I was hoping you weren't serious cause.. it's just a ridiculous thing to worry about.

Fucking a. I wish more people would watch more of my obscure movies that I like, but they don't. Do you think I get upset when I find out some normie coworker of mine has seen something like videodrome or blue velvet? Fuck no, I get excited.
If one of my coworkers liked lolita too I'd be psyched.

Never take the route of "waaah my shit is popular now"
You sound like some edgy punk kid that stops listening to bands that "sold out"
>>
>>8869041
OP shouldn't want to give that kind of unnecessary money to anybody, is the point. Read between the lines.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n36fbfvobm1r3uhdg.jpg (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n36fbfvobm1r3uhdg.jpg
101KB, 500x500px
>>8869050
>>8869056
...I wasn't even making a big deal about it? I think you're overreacting way too much over a dumb little comment I made.
>>
File: 1369366122642.jpg (724KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1369366122642.jpg
724KB, 1200x1200px
>>8869082
>>
>>8869056
I think that anons concern was less "oh no now everyone will like lolita!" and more like being worried normiez will wear lolita the wrong way.

Besides, didn't we all freak the fuck out when that actress wore some lolita shit on Jimmy kimmel?
>>
>>8869005
Yeah, something about it makes me think of commercially available fabric. Like if someone tried to replicate MCD with doughnut fabric from Jo-ann.
>>
>>8868903
The donuts with the white frosting throw me off. They look like big white circles. Don't like.
>>
>>8869102
This is literally exactly what I meant so I have no idea why I'm getting all that salt.
>>
File: lard-lita.jpg (110KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
lard-lita.jpg
110KB, 1024x681px
>>8869016
>>8868903

lol. Someone needs to get this and go to Universal. I wonder how lenient they are about lolita compared to Disney.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_neuf6lIk331s7cn4s.gif (997KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_neuf6lIk331s7cn4s.gif
997KB, 245x160px
>>8869030
>>8869015

holyshit. I thought you were joking.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/model-misako-aoki-walks-the-runway-wearing-soufflesong-at-news-photo/510419940

this is turrible.
>>
>>8869059

Yeah, but she's not demanding people lower their prices for her, which is the critical point where the shit will start flowing.
>>
>>8861813
Anon, it looks like it's still there for me.
>>
>>8869015
I'm honestly more bothered about the lack of blouses on some of the models and lack of petticoats.
>>
>>8869181

>missing the chance to say Donut like
>>
>>8869222
She looks like she hasn't slept for so long that she can't think straight and that's why she faceplanted into some sequins and couldn't shake them all off
>>
>>8868903

>square neck JSK

I was actually prepared to be kind of meh about the JSK cut but damn, I really like it now.
>>
>>8869212
I've gone to the Harry Potter worlds in lolita like three times now, they always let me in and i get nice compliments. My friends went in cosplay for the Deadpool premier and had more problems, ironically not for the costumes themselves but for the face paint (one was Domino), which you can go in and get your face painted at the parks so idek
>>
>>8868903

Any thoughts on the ranking of the colors? I'm thinking (and hoping) pink is the top color. I'm really wanting the beige, but I'd also do the yellow if it was easier to get. Not sure where the mint will end up.
>>
>>8869280
its really unsettling to see lolita on high fashion models, it just doesn't work. Beyond the styling errors they're just too (sorry) Edgey. They have a sharp look and walk that just doesn't sit with lolita right.
>>
>>8869328
i think Pink>Biege>Mint>Yellow. The only thing thats certain is Pink will top, though, er can;t say how the fabric will look out of stock.
>>
>>8869033
I know. I just want MDC. sobs. I think it's the really saturated colours and weird placement of the donuts that just throws it all off for me.
>>
File: 2272902662_f2b2eff9e5_b.jpg (367KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
2272902662_f2b2eff9e5_b.jpg
367KB, 1024x681px
>>8869212
This is a good alternative and you don't have spend money on admission.
>>
>>8869329
I think this too. I think Alice Auaa is the only j-fashion that's ever done runway fashion like that right.
>>
>>8868903
Melty Cream Donut is so much better. The colors clash horribly with this one.
>>
>>8868696
Closet Child listed a VM dress lolibrary say is 88cm bust no shirring as 40cm flat lately. I've got it in the mail and still worried.
>>
>>8869005
Definitely agree, MCD looked way better but I guess they're not 're-releasing because of the replica
>>
>>8869036
She looks really tired and ill in the photos, wasn't sure if it was deliberate high fashion heroin chic styling
>>
>>8869329
It works for JerK because they do it anyway but not other lolita brands.
>>
>>8867890
Victoriangirldress but they closed their shop, possibly permanently
>>
I know it's stupid to even ask this but, I placed an order with My Lolita Dress last week because I have meetup next month and want to fit the theme. I haven't heard back since I placed the order. I realize that last week was Chinese New Years but it's over and they should be back right?

I've also placed an order with Lady Sloth and I've heard nothing back. In fact her website seems to be broken now.

Am I fucked?
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.