[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita Peeves & Confessions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 18

File: image.jpg (174KB, 640x641px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 640x641px
A little something ruffling your petti this week? Something you want to tell just to get it off your chest? Post here.
>>
With nearly 60 Lolita bibles published with patterns, 8+ Otome no sewing, quite a few old issues of Gosu Rori all having patterns, why are Lolitas who want to hand-make stuff still so 'lost' on where to find patterns and how to make things? Many Lolita dresses, JSK and almost all accessory patterns from these are beginner to intermediate techniques, only needing at most a pattern enlargement and a basic sewing machine.
I just don't get it.
>>
my pet peeve is the entire community
I'm lone loling for life, everyones we're so nice look at all this nice stuff we do, now kiss our ass
or wow you did a nice thing for us, do it better put all your effort and time into it even though its a side hobby
>>
File: image.png (25KB, 228x109px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25KB, 228x109px
I think we should start using this as much as possible for repeatedly asked noob questions. No snark, no lecture just LMGTFY.
>>
>>8857939
Gobs patterns are all in japanese, it makes it difficult, at least i m o
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 1024x702px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 1024x702px
>I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every afternoon I break my arms. At night, I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep.
I can't stand when people talk about their disabilities at meets I swear to god it's the most attention seeking bullshit we are not a support group we are not here to listen to you whine about whatever the fuck you have I honestly could give a fuck less just shut up and drink your god damn tea. Unless you're allergic to that too. Or maybe you're too depressed to eat/drink desu fuck I can't stand it
>>
>>8858053
I had no Idea that was a thing in this community omfg

I know how you feel though, I have a friend that I can't take ANYWHERE because as soon as she strikes up conversation with someone she'll immediately pitch her disability sob story and flat out tell you she's worse off if you even try sharing your own experiences
>>
>>8858053
I really don't get people who wave around their anxiety. Like honestly I'm terrified of people finding out what's wrong with me.....
>>
>>8857928
>holier-than-thou lolitas who make a big deal about race/politics
>fat girls who turn normal waisted jsks into high waist jsks because of how much boob they have
>people who don't into fashion at all and treat lolita with the same rigid rules they treat cosplay and costuming
>aggressive newfags and oldfags circlejerking with "YOU NEWFAG" "IM NOT A NEWFAG, NEWFAG" "BACK IN MY DAY CGL WAS LIKE [INACCURATE REFERENCE]". Shut up you all look like dumb angry noobs
>people who start arguments on vent/unpopular opinions threads and completely miss the point of the fucking thread in their desperation to make everyone think just like them
>>
>>8858053
That's so popular in my generation and younger right now and I can't stand it. Some people just want to have a pissing contest over who is more oppressed/more miserable. Like shut up we're all human and we all have our own problems, yours don't make you special or invalidate someone else's. Some people just need to get a fucking personality and stop trying to find things to make them interesting.
>>
>>8858053
Holy shit this makes me so uncomfortable. I don't have any disabilities, but I'm surrounded by people who do (we all are honestly) so I'm not totally clueless. People who nonchalantly mention their disabilities without any reason are beyond me.
>sorry I can't make it to the meet I'm in a manic depressive fit
>It feels good to wear lolita again because my BDD has sent me into spiraling depression and now I can finaly love myself again after getting 300 likes on CoF
>I haven't eaten in 5 days because of my ED!

I don't think anyone should try to conceal or be ashamed of their illnesses but it's really not relevant or helpful, and only makes people concerned or uncomfortable. If it's a conversation regarding chronic illness in lolita, cool, but if not, that's a conversation to initiate with someone closer to you, not a group of acquaintances. You're not as special as you think, you just talk about it more than other people.
>>
>>8858053
I wish people with disabilities would realize they're total downers and snowflakes if they continue talking about it or mention it without reason. Tell someone before a meet if there will possible be an issue (Like not being able to walk extensively), and if not, immediately when it does arise (say you can't eat chocolate or something if it's right in front of you). Other than that, please shut the fuck up.

I get that you can't eat a certain food or maybe you can't walk far. I don't want to hear about how you break out into red hives and all of tumblr will hear if I put peanut butter on something. Or, that you have to get these super speshul walking shoes and lolita shoes suck so much and and here's the place where you got them and oh my god my legs are so useless. Did I tell you I'm disabled?

It seems like every comm has at least one. It's an underhanded and incredibly narcissistic way to make everything about them.
>>
>>8858201
Trust me, most of us know not to talk about it for no reason. It makes me feel like shit to talk about it, not because I'm ashamed of it, but because it's something that shits up my life and makes me miserable, so why the hell would I want to think about it more than I'm forced to?
>>
>>8858201
Oh my god, on that same note
>people who flip out if someone is bringing a food to a meet that they can't have
I'm sorry you're allergic to soy or peanuts or whatever, but if you can't have it don't make a fucking show out of it. I'm allergic to a common meat but I don't ask people to stop cooking with it, I just don't fucking eat it because I know some people happen to like it. It's not that goddamn hard and it's not the end of the world if you can't have kawaii peanut butter cookies or a lunchmeat roll at the meet.
>>
Girls who are constant itas bitching about how they don't love lolita anymore because they can't wear it how ever they want and still call it lolita. Spend less on your ugly piercings and spend more on quality clothes.
>>
>>8858225
I know people who can have allergic reactions to just being around specific foods (a girl in my class was allergic to citrus fruits so we weren't allowed to peel those in the classroom because she would get like, an immediate rash).
>>
>>8858225
>>8858244
Yeah I was just about to say, some kid almost died recently because a person opened a packet of nuts near her on a plane. Nut allergies in particular can be extremely severe.

I completely agree you can handle informing people about it, even in cases this severe, with a little more grace. But conversely, most people don't realise it's even possible for allergies to be this bad or think the person is faking, making a fuss might be the only way to get people to comply.
>>
>>8858244
I am 1000% certain the girls in my comm who have made a fuss about this do not have an allergy that severe. How does that girl do things like go to the market anyway? Genuinely curious.
>>
Ugh, if people are really sensitive about what other people bring to meets, then they should stop going to meets. Or, why don't they shut up and bring their own food? Complaining does nothing but bother other people.

I'm allergic to dairy so I bring my own food. Why can't others do the same?
>>
>>8858244
If someone had allergies that bad it would make sense for them to not attend meetups with food at all unless it was at a venue that they knew was serving allergen free dishes.
>>
When people can't be bothered to actually practice putting on falsies and walk around looking like their eyelashes are trying to fly away.
>>
It's always been a minor problem but now its getting a lot worse, but;
I hate it when people of the same standing or age group treat me like I'm inferior just because I'm in lolita. Or that some people don't want to be seen in public with me if I'm in lolita.
>>
when people ask asinine questions that could literally be answer with like a minute long google search. Like real dumb shit like "what does OTT stand for?" or "how do I buy from this site that literally has an easy to find international shipping guide?". Or people who complain that they don't know how to do xyz since they're new to the fashion...like, so was everyone else at one point, but we all figured that shit out. And again, it's always shit that is super easy to search for!
>>
>>8858053
This. I live with one of those people. She's not even disabled, but that doesn't stop her from discussing every little ache and pain with complete strangers at the bus stop. But she's one of those people that talks too much in general. I think she has a phobia about silence or something.
>>
>>8857939
aren't glb and ons patterns all japanese though? from what I have heard the patterns are not very friendly to sewing beginners if you don't know japanese or understand japanese sewing instructions.

I understand what you're saying though...a lot of things aren't that hard to figure out a frankenpattern for either? Like pretty much all jsk's are rectangle skirts which are pretty easy to figure out, a bodice you can easily just take from another dress pattern, and a lot of details and stuff are just heirloom or regular sewing techniques that you can just read up on or find patterns for that you can just mod slightly to what you're doing.
>>
>>8858284
fucking this. i trained myself to put them on properly for like a month so now i just hate seeing them off. i also hate when they angle them wrong(like glue the wrong part of the stalk on) so they're facing down towards the eye and practically poking them out. it is infuriating
>>
>>8858053
We have one of those, she turns everything into some fragile Disney princess fairytale tragedy.
>I'm so pale because I can't go out in the sun without a parasol or I get horribly burned
>I can only wear high quality blouses because cheap fabrics irritate my delicate skin
>>
>>8858053
>>I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every afternoon I break my arms. At night, I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep.

Literal gold. I'm keeping this anon.
>>
>>8858434
>phobia about silence or something.
accurate. I had a coworker once that could not handle not talking for more then 5 seconds or she would just start making random noises and laugh her ass off about it.
>>
Lolitas who don't know how to wear a beret properly. There are many ways to place it and make it look good, you don't have to go all military, you can wear it like a beanie, you can tug it gently on the side... but please those chefs hats need to gtfo
>>
>>8858474
You do know this is from an old spongebob episode...right?
>>
I think it's tacky as fuck to have a Facebook album of stock images of shit you own. Something about it just seems classless. Especially having to see posts of " just updating stuff in my closet ".
>>
>>8858485
Were you around during LJ days? It was very common for people to do that. It's not a big deal.

Also there are lots of people on my friends list who do the same thing with figures. It's just keeping records of your collection, that's all.
>>
I don't know if this is a rufflechat thing or a lolita thing, but I am genuinely concerned with the high percentage of rabid SJW/tumblrinas that the fashion attracts. I feel kind of nervous about making friends in the fashion, especially since I'm "POC" and they all expect me to agree with their radical ideas and whatnot. (And if I don't I'm a self hating race traitor or something) I have one friend in the fashion who isn't like that and I'm thinking I probably won't be able to find anymore.
>>
>>8858485

Someone is jelly.
>>
>>8858530
This has nothing to do with you, but one reason I hate this whole sjw phenomenon is because it's often hard to tell whether the people complaining about them are actual reasonable people... or equally obnoxious edgelords/ outright bigots/ etc.
>>
>>8858215
And if you needed to bring it up because of an issue, I'm sure people would understand and it's easy enough to be subtle about it...but I feel the same, I go out to a meet to have fun not dwell on my problems or disabilities. I like to minimize them as much as possible so I can enjoy just myself and the company of my friends. I have a decently serious condition but I manage it well like I'm supposed to and most of my friends don't know nor do they need to.
>>
>>8858485
I think it's fun to see what people have, though I'd rather see worn pix. I know that some people just add the stock photo of things they buy though because it's just an easy way to keep track. If it bugs you, why do you look at their album or even feel like you need to be judging them and their stuff anyway?
>>
>>8858469
These are both true for me but I treat it like the stupid snowflake problem is it, and we've laughed about it. I bathe in sunscreen, have a parasol collection and don't buy stuff with scratchy lace. Simple!
>>
>>8858485
You sound jealous.

Who cares? It's just a easy way to keep track of what they own and to share with others.
>>
>>8858053
here we go again.
I know the pain of people crying about their disabilities. Yes, your disabilities suck. Your "invisible" illnesses suck. Fake it until you make it. I hate saying that because everyone has heard it a million times. But it's the best thing you can do. There.
>>
>>8858480
Chef hats? Anon please post an example of a lolita wearing a beret like a chef hat, I'm so confused
>>
>>8858023
The sewing difficulty level (med) plus translation software/apps makes this not so difficult.
>>
It's never been acceptable to gripe and groan about your illnesses, disabilities or personal problems, politics, religion or more recently 'social justice causes' etc at a pleasant social event.

Were these people born in a barn that they do not know how to act at nice gatherings at all and have no manners?
>>
I really fucking hate the negative stigma attached to tumblr and wish SJWs would just leave the planet. I miss dressing up a cute blog theme and reblogging shit tonnes of coordinates. My blog was my own place to hoard inspiration, but now I hate the people on the site so damn much that I can't bare to stay. It's weird to save pictures of other people and upload them to facebook, and I think people might get a bit weirded out if I shared their picture from CoF to my profile. I suppose I could just save images to phone or whatever and let nobody else see them, but I use so many different devices to browse the net that I prefer having them dumped somewhere.

Fuck SJWs.
>>
File: 1455118059152.jpg (14KB, 222x395px) Image search: [Google]
1455118059152.jpg
14KB, 222x395px
>>8858638
Not that anon, but in the military and the boy scout/girl scouts from my country we refer to badly shaped berets or berets just plopped on one's head and not shaped in any way or form as "chef hats".
Too much fabric to the front or too high up, or a wobbly beret will achieve the infamous "chef hat" look. Just take the extra fabric and pull it to a side or to the back, it's not that hard.
>>
>>8858684
SJW weirdness aside, I've never liked tumblr because I think it's just weird to reshuffle other people's content around, especially photos. I like original content, not people showing me some 4th hand pictures of something that someone else did, made, photographed (often without even knowing or caring where it came from).
>>
Okay what the fuck is happening.

Mixedrace Chan comes in and trolls us all to hell, mods sit around and do nothing. We complain about Mods, give suggestions on how things can be made better, shits taken down.
Make thread about things we can do to improve the board and make it more active, shits taken down.

Now there's selfposts and off topic posts shitting up the board.

Are the mods/janitors just fucking with us now?
>>
>>8858485
Yikes I do it to keep track, and I like lists. Though mine also includes my wardrobe photos too.
>>
>>8858703
I think so. I posted in the feels thread and was banned for 15 minutes for "off topic". They're bored and trolling
>tfw get banned
jokes on you mods I mostly lurk anyway
>>
There's an e-famous lolita who seems to be really close to a lot of people in my life, like will hang out with them, snapchat with them, etc, but completely ignores me. I've reached out to be friendly a couple of times, but she'll straight up pretend I never responded. I'm not sure what I did to piss her off, I mean I'd like to know so I can at least apologize.

Honestly, I know it shouldn't bother me at all that someone doesn't like me, and she's not required to like me at all, I don't think she owes me or anything. She's just around a lot and likes so many people I like, and is so positive and friendly to so many. I wonder why I'm not good enough for her. It makes me feel like shit.
>>
>>8858474
You know you do have to be 18+ here right?
>and dat literal
>>
>>8858485
Just update your status (and tag all your lolita friends) asking to be on the Hide From list in their albums. :) Then you won't have to be so salty.
>love looking at my album stuffed full of delicious brand
>>
>>8858684
>bare
okay, i have seen a lot of lolitas spelling it this way. the verb you want is "bear," as in "to bear arms," not "to bare arms." fyi

anyway the way you feel about tumblr is the way i feel about 4chan. i want dramamongering salty assholes to leave. i do not come to /cgl/ to talk about people outside of /cgl/, i come here to interact with other seagulls. it should not be assumed that using a particular site means you adhere to some boogeyman stereotype.
>>
>>8858743
Cgl is the place people come to say things on anon they don't want to say on Facebook or tumblr. Maybe you should go back there if you hate the culture here so much.
>>
>>8858748
i only use 4chan. having people bitch about what happens on other websites is annoying, but i can avoid it easily. what i cannot avoid is the idea other people have of seagulls: the petty, gossippy stereotype. even you for some reason assumed i do not belong here since i do not participate in comm/celeb wank.

seagulls like me exist just as non-SJW tumblr users exist.
>>
>>8858743

For some reason it's a super common mistake, up there with 'chocking' when it's not even pronounced that way.

Source: way too much bad fanfic. And contrary to popular belief I've seen less of these mistakes from ESL people than from native English speakers.
>>
>>8858765
and woah/whoa, could of/could've. ESL speakers are less likely to make illogical mistakes like those.
>>
>>8857939

I've always assumed the ones asking for patterns in general are also new to the fashion and probably don't know what magazines exist yet. I usually recommend OnS over other mooks since there's a mini wardrobe with coord ideas in front of each volume, great idea for a beginner, and the person asking is usually happy with that idea, so I think they are indeed newbies.

The more experienced lolitas tend to be looking for specific patterns, and since there's no index of what patterns are in which volume it's understandable to ask other lolitas if they remember which volume has the pattern they're looking for.

Now, when they follow up that question with "How do I sew? Do I need a sewing machine?"........
>>
>>8858769

Adding:

- Phase is a stage or gradation, or something in transition. "Being phased" means you're "being transitioned" or "being progressed"
- Faze means to disturb or scare. Therefore, if you're "not fazed", you're not scared. If you're "not phased" you're not being progressed. No one's going to be impressed that you haven't phased out of using the wrong words.

- Discrete means round numbers, like 1 and 2 and 10 and 15 (instead of fractions). Almost all normal people are discrete, there's only 1 of them, not 1.2 or 1.5 or 3.14159 of them.
- Discreet means lying low or being lowkey, usually to avoid attention. If you're discreet, then you're not an attentionwhore. Being discrete is normal, but I'd rather have a friend who knows when to be discreet.

Like seriously, no matter how great the rest of the post is, making these mistakes always takes me out of the post and it's harder to take whatever was posted seriously.
>>
>>8858826
Mis-used words and bad spelling and grammar only bother me if I can't actually understand what the person is saying. If I got my bloomers in a bunch every time someone mis-used a word especially on an international board, I'd probably need some Valium and Botox by now for the stress and those disapproving frown lines. I speak/write several languages besides English at a beginning level and people are kind and understanding to me rather than nitpicking. It's nice.
>>
>>8858852
think of it like noticing nitpicks in a coord. different things bug different people. one lolita can be annoyed by mismatched pinks in a coord, another by misuse of words in the post that the coord is presented in. since we communicate mostly by text it is worth pointing out common errors.
>>
>>8858852

Specifically, the misuse of "phase", "discreet" and "could/should/would of" occur elsewhere on the internet, under accounts belonging to users who identify as Americans. These specific mistakes aren't being made by ESL users, if anything, the trend seems to be that the users tend to be Americans. I think it's just as simple as no one ever correcting the users on what the right word is, so now there is widespread misuse of these particular words.

You should also note I'm not actually bothered, I'm dismissive of posts that use the wrong words. What do you think the most often usage for "I'm not fazed" is? It's usually in some kind of flamewar where one user tells the other "your empty threats don't faze me". I'm sure they intend to sound strong, but misusing the word suggests they haven't finished high school, so they mostly come across sounding like little children on the playground, which takes away a lot of the oomph to their posts.

By the way, I'm multilingual and Asian. It's not really a badge I ever tried waving to make other people accept bad grammar or misuse of words. I hope if I make a mistake someone says something about it so that I can improve, not forever be stuck as a beginner who cannot hold a real conversation.
>>
>>8858715
Are you me?
I'm actually in same situation but I think efame lolita sees me as "senpai" and just embarrassed to talk to me. Weird people are weird.
>>
>>8858053
This. I have really bad heart issues and I never tell anyone about it at meets, I wish others could do the same.
>>
>>8858441
All OnS books have photo guides for certain patterns that are insanely easy to follow for anyone with even the slightest bit of common sense. My boyfriend, who pretty much used to think sewing was a form of witchcraft, managed to make me a really decent salopette using only an OnS book and google/YouTube. Aside from the crappy fabric he used it's perfectly wearable.

IMO the only excuse would be if you're a complete newbie to sewing AND can't read Japanese AND have measurements that would require you to significantly alter the patterns. With only two out of three you should be able to figure out how to make yourself a nice basic lolita wardrobe.
>>
>>8858485
Well! I know I didn't put them there to hurt your feelings!
>>
>>8858684
The thing with tumblr is, you choose who you follow. If you have a bunch of SJW bullshit on your dash, unfollow those people and find new sources for whatever it is you like to reblog. It'll probably still pop up from time to time, but it doesn't have to be half of the posts you see if you take the time to find blogs dedicated specifically to that content instead of mish mashy personal accounts.
>>
>>8859123
you are so fucking boring
>>
>>8858852
Those mistakes usually aren't made by ESL speakers though, but by people for whom English is their first (and often only) language. English is my third language and if I misused words like that I would actually want people to point them out so I can correct myself and improve. They're not even like coord nitpicks where someone might need to go out and spend money on new coord components just to please some random on the internet, because word usage can be corrected in a second and it instantly makes you sound more intelligent and respectable. Honestly if I'd been misusing a word for a long time and nobody corrected me I'd be pissed because that whole time I looked like an idiot for no reason.
>>
>>8858703
>>8858713
Starting to think Mixedrace-chan is a mod because I posted in the feels thread last week about my anime convention friend who was getting on my nerves over flaking on another convention and how I couldn't outright tell them I wanted to stop being friends and my post got deleted and I got a warning for being off topic.
>>
>>8858312
This is the reason I'm not public about it. I've never had this happen but I've always been afraid that it would. I keep the hobby to myself and the photos strictly to the Facebook group. My (non-lolita) cosplay/close normie friends know but that's about it.
>>
>>8859241
they are 100% correct though
>>
>>8858715
I'm going through something very similar!
>friends with girl who wants to be the next RinRin. Live in japan, model desu, kawaii senpai
>used to be good friends until she started trying to fit in with elitist group
>kept trying to borrow my clothes to impress them
>at first I was super sympathetic and encouraging of her trip to stardom. Lent her a few pieces for meets because she wanted to try my sub category
>realized she's just using me
>now only ever talks to me when she wants something. Whether it's to borrow stuff or asking to buy things off me that I'm not currently selling. Nor have ever mentioned considering selling
>ignores me at meets when the elitists are around but will kiss my ass when they're not

I feel weird, like I should just delete her and not talk to her anymore. But she used to be really nice to me...now she just makes me feel like I'm beneath her which is weird. Apparently I'm not good enough to be her friend in public, my wardrobe is?
>>
>>8859480

drop her like a hot potato because regardless of your history with her she's still a bitch. i know that it's going to be a tough move to make, i know that feel inside and out simply because i'm a sentimental fuck, but i assure that you doing it will be better in the long run. after all, i'm sure your buddy will eventually come to terms with the fact that sucking up to elitists is in fact a huge waste of time and effort, and that she lost a friend as a result of that.
>>
>>8859646
You're right, plus I have a suspicion that she's been talking about me with the elitists since none of them like me. A mutual friend mentioned something implying it, but I didn't want to drag her into it so I didn't press for more info. It just really sucks because she was a nice friend but ever since she started trying to fit in with this group of girls whom she despised before, I just don't know who she is anymore. Part of me hopes she'll snap out of it so we can be friends again, the other part is just tired. Tired of being used. I've fronted her money, lent her brand, given her rides, dropped things off for her. I don't know why she doesn't ask of her new friends for the same things she asks me.
>>
>>8859677
>>8859480
Do you realise how childish you look by using the term 'elitist'? 4chan is 18+

Try getting better at coordinating. I don't like hanging around with brand itas either.
>>
>>8859683
Are you retarded? Honest question.
>>
>>8858254
I have so many people in my comm with dietary restrictions (either by choice or severe allergies) and none of them make as big as a fuss as the picky eaters do about meet up menus.
>>
>>8858855
This is correct, different things bother different people but if I can read between the lines enough to be able to tell that the poster is in earnest, I overlook their poor word usage and think that the content is more important to the discussion. Spelling, word usage and grammar corrections are also often used to throw stones, discredit people and derail a discussion too so I actually find the corrections themselves annoying sometimes. And as others point out often enough, many people find them boring and secondary to the discussion if not actually off topic. I'm not surprised they annoy you, they do many people. I'm just surprised that you think a thread full of people here would want to read about it in this level of detail.
>>
>>8858060
Me too. I figure I'm doing it right if I manage to successfully control it enough so no one can spot it and also enough to enjoy myself. That's what I work towards!
>>
File: 1400213694600.jpg (73KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
1400213694600.jpg
73KB, 600x615px
>when someone jacks up their prices for "sentimental value"

saw a WTT - colorway I want looking for my colorway

hey, why not trade their used dress for my NWT dress I didn't wear outside the house, right?
>get a message back from the person who originally posted a WTT looking for my exact colorway
"I don't know, my dress has a lot of value to me, I wore it to my overnight prom, do you think you could pay me as well?"

>she posted the WTT
>she wants me to pay her so I'll take her sweaty old prom (white and with close up yellow pit strains) dress and give her my nice clean new, black dress
>immediately drop

why do people think this shit is ok?
>>
>>8859796
>you think a thread full of people here would want to read about it in this level of detail.
incorrect

that is a weird conclusion to jump to
>>
>>8860649
>people
i think most people would see this is not okay. nobody wants to pay emotional damages for purchasing a dress.
>>
>>8857928
I just had to open a paypal dispute with a popular lolita and feel like garbage
>>8858713
same
>>
>>8859677

Personally, if i thought there was something to salvage i would point out her behaviour to her and give her a chance to change. But for me, I wouldnt want to pursue a friendship after someone had treated me like that. I think dropping her is the best thing for you, or she will continue and maybe even behave worse (like not giving your stuff/money back etc)
>>
Whoever keeps trolling cgl with tired memes.
>>
People who say a dress is brand new when they've worn it. I don't give a shit if all you did is try it on, you disclose that shit.
Your dress is not brand fucking new if you put it on your body.
>>
>>8862055
What if you buy it from the store. Is it no longer brand new just because some customer has tried it on before you?
>>
>>8859233
not that anon and im going to rant..
ive been trying to get into tumblr for years now and
>It'll probably still pop up from time to time, but it doesn't have to be half of the posts you see
everyone says this even though it's sooo off im thinking that tumblr users are so used to sjw topics that they don't even recognize it unless its truely outrageous. like seeing a gif of a woman acting smug with some annoying independent lady caption still counts as sjw propaganda and it's hella obnoxious.
>>
>>8862060
Most people buy their stuff online though.
>>
>>8863479
AP USA keeps most of their stock on the floor so you could potentially order a brand new dress that people have tried on.
>>
>>8858063
>turn normal waisted jsks into high waist jsks because of how much boob they have
Fuck you, not everyone has perfect B cups. Even at my thinnest i'm like 30G.
>>
>>8863507
Instead of wearing a JSK that doesn't fit, you could wear a skirt+blouse. If you wear clothing that suits your bodytype you will look a lot better.
>>
I just want lolitas to stay out of gyaru desu senpai. I have nothing against lolita and I think it's lovely that you guys have such organised meets and rules and stuff, but that's completely opposite to gyaru, and it's always so irritating when a lolita swans over to our side of things, puts on some nails and circle lenses, and thinks that's all the adjusting she needs to do. No love, we don't want to have raffles and goody bags and all that gay shit, we just wanna hang out, get drunk and gossip.

So can you guys just... keep your people please. We don't want them unless they're open-minded and willing to adjust to gyaru culture.
>>
>>8863507
Wear clothes that fit. If brand JSKs don't fit you, don't wear brand JSKs. It's really fucking simple.

I guess that brings us to my lolita pet peeve
>boohoo it's everyone else's fault for not ignoring how shit I look in my ill-fitting clothes
>>
>>8863616
When exactly did that happen? Most lolitas I know dislike gyaru.
>>
>>8858530
>>8858562
another poc here

yeah one side of me is like, alright these guys will defend my honor in case the white people get crazy, then another part of me is what if they get mad at me for saying the word retarded or faggot like they did last time i did that around them
>>
>>8863653
Happens all the time in my comm- bored/failed lolitas come over and try to be gal, and they expect us all to change to fit their idea of what meets should be like. It's really annoying. Also, half of them don't seem to have any idea that hime gyaru isn't just lolita with bigger false eyelashes and shorter skirts...
>>
File: 1453023020972.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1453023020972.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
I wish I weren't so disgustingly ugly. I'm not a fatty-chan and my coordinates are reasonably cute, but my face just wrecks it all. I look like a platypus with down syndrome.

I would give almost anything to be beautiful. I'm sorry this sounds so shallow and petty. I know there are many other things in the world I should care about more. But whenever I see pictures of myself after meetups, I break down crying. I'm easily the ugliest person there.

Misako would be so disappointed.
>>
>>8863671
>doing no research
>expecting people to cater to you
I think I know why they left lolita.
>>
>>8863678
>platypus with down syndrome

sounds cute, that's just my type
>>
>>8863678
That makes me wonder.

I've noticed from watching a lot of people interact (inb4 neet, I'm trying to keep my personal bias out of this so I didn't take how I'm being treated into account) that there's people who aren't really all that attractive but they still command respect in a way, like people still take them seriously, they may not be the most popular in the group but they still have friends and go out and stuff and are more or less accepted. And it's not about the degree of ugliness because I've seen some really ugly fuckers in this category.

But then you have people who may not even be that ugly but for some reason they always get turned into the punching bag/doormat of society. I don't know what it is they do but some people seem to just invite bullying somehow, like I've seen a lot of times people just see a person like this and make a pic related face without the poor sod ever having done anything to deserve it. And whatever he says people just sneer at or somehow make fun of it. These people are usually really nice too, but it seems the nicer and friendlier they are the more people get freaked out by them.
>>
I hate weebs who started wearing lolita, gyaru and cosplay because it's Japanese.
>>
Jsks with no blouse. Even with a cardigan over them I think it still looks bad
>>
>>8863725
this. it only makes sense if its fucking 100 degrees.
>>
>>8863693
Yeah, probably, but I wish they'd get that if you guys didn't want them because they were idiots, we don't want them either!
>>
>>8863730
Girls like that think they're Gods gift to j-fash, no way that they're gonna accept they and their ideas might not actually be all that good. They'd much rather think it's all the community's fault.
>>
>>8863725
You are my peeve. The "blouse required" rule is something fairly new. People who feel the need to stick to cgl's rules this rigidly either don't get fashion, have ultra boring coords, or are new to lolita. Or all three.
>>
>>8858405
Couldn't agree with you more. I am currently cringing every time some new member posts some dumb shit to the comm page. I don't want to check the notification because I know it will be some dumb shit that could have easily been found out, only they are too lazy or stupid to bother. Couple that with some girl posting tacky handmade shit she is selling and some other girl posting pictures where she looks like she was dragged through a hedge backwards and you have me hating myself for thinking mean things about my comm members.
>>
>post on cof friday night
>absolutely buried by "on my way to the meet" pics saturday morning
>further buried by "just got back from the meet" pics that night
>this morning completely gone from V-Day coords
I fucked up y'all
>>
>>8863616
I'm pretty sure there's no local gyaru comm in my area and it kills me. Lolita fashion is my true passion, but I'm done with the rigidity of the lolita community and I wear the low key gyaru/himekaji/liz lisa cookie cutter shit already.
I want to get drunk with cute girls who like looking cute. There's so many frumpy and fugly girls in the lolita community.
>>
>>8863714
I'm not sure what you're trying to say at all.
>>
>>8864078
I'm waiting another two or three days to post, after the hype has died down a bit.
>>
>>8864227
>how come some ugly people are accepted and relatively popular
>but others are constantly made fun of for merely existing
>>
>>8864087
for some reason gyaru seems to be more of a European thing in the West.
>>
>>8864271
...because personalities are a thing?
>>
>>8864271
I think it's similar to how some people come across as tall despite being short. Whenever someone tries to guess my height they always guess around 5'5, which is five inches taller than I am. I don't wear heels at all. It's all about how you carry yourself and cliché as fuck, but how confident and comfortable you are. Some of how people treat you is dictated by the cues you give, if you act like you're expecting to be shit on you're also kind of asking for it to happen.
>>
>>8858743
then why are you here?
>>
>>8864309
yea and most of the european gyaru suck.
>>
>>8864271
Because some "pretty" people are assholes and ugly people have to make up for their ugliness by trying a lot harder to be a more likable person, because otherwise they would also be treated like shit?

You sound like some stupid neet that thinks they are pretty but you're actually just stuck up and that's why no one likes you.
>>
>>8863459
i think a lot of what pisses people off is the politics of the site. a lot of general fashion blogs feel the need to put their two cents in about every little thing, especially annoying when multiple people run them and they feel the need to 'sign' their posts, as if people really care a fuck about their opinion, or even recognize the multiple posters as independent people.
>>
>>8863754
fucking thank you!
>>
>>8864422
didn't say anything about myself senpai, but keep projecting

mostly asking because some of my friends get treated unfairly by people who think they're 'weird' and 'ugly' despite them not being anything special themselves, I try to hang out with anyone who likes me so I don't see how I'm stuck up

but it's okay, you can let it all out, I know you've had a bad day
>>
>>8858063
How about when you turn them into high waisted JSKs just because you're tall
>My feel every day in older AP jsks
>>
>>8863754
I think some jsks work without blouses but I have been hearing that blouses are a must since I started wearing lolita in 2008. I don't think it will ever stop being controversial.
>>
>>8863678
I know this feel Anon. Do you think pretty people know how lucky they are to be pretty? I think about that a lot....
>>
>>8859367
>Starting to think Mixedrace-chan
Fuck, I feel the same
It looks like they're laughing at us
>>
>>8863725
I sometimes get this if it's just a plain normie cardigan but if they're using a proper bolero to cover their shoulders I think using a blouse overbalances the coord. Like there's just too much going on in one area.
>>
>>8864343
This. Everyone assumes I'm pretty tall in photos. I'm only 5'4" but made of leg and tit.

>>8864271
It's how you carry and conduct yourself. Also, how much you put yourself out there. The more you put yourself out there, the more likely people will be to scrutinize everything you do. If you handle it with tact, and are a generally nice and pleasant person, despite having a horse face, a clown nose and crooked teeth, people in general will come to accept you and get used to you being around. Likewise, if you blow up at the drop of a hat, or are known for being an asshole despite your appearance, that reputation is going to follow you.

I've watched Lor go from hot mess "eww horse face" to "convention guest" because she's a helpful person in the fashion.

I think people tend to forget that the community isn't about being models, but just enjoying cute clothes. If you're not a pretty face, there are other ways to be recognized, either by creativity, being helpful, guiding beginners. Or you become infamous because that's your five seconds of fame, ma'am.
>>
>>8862055
What's the line between trying on and wearing? I always try things on with a blouse because I don't want to get skin oil on my main pieces but lately I'll put on a full coord when I get something new, and quickly snap a pic to see how it looks. To me it's not worn unless I go out somewhere for a while, but I don't want anyone to think I'm misrepresenting things by taking pics to see if things fit
>>
>>8864583
I personally agree with this. If you're in it for about the amount of time you would be in a dressing room and snaps a few pics, that's fine. If you go out in it or even just sit around your house all day in it, then that's more like wearing it, imo.
>>
every time someone says 'why aren't there more POC lolitas!!!' they always 1: totally bypass the fact this is an asian fashion and, by their terms, a poc fashion, and 2: they say POC but mean black. I am so fuckign sick an tired of hearing black lolitas ovetake the conversation. They don't want to hear about any other race, because in the oppression Olympics they have to get first place. I am a POC lolita, native american even, but I can't even bring up my grievances because i just ;dont understand how much harder it is to be black/darker'. it just pisses me off and im getting bitter about it, sorry.
>>
>>8864790
it's okay to be upset anon, it's total BS niggers are the only people SJW's take into consideration when they use the term POC
>>
>>8864583
If you wear it for 5 mins or more = wearing.
>>
>>8863498
Never buying from AP USA then. Shit. Fucking gross.
>>
>>8864801
chinks, wetbacks, and injuns need attention too

bu seriously though, almost everything social justice relateeeed that has to do with race is like black people this black people that. i get that black people have it bad but it's not like it's sunshine and roses for everyone else. let the other minorities have the limelight for once
>>
>>8864810
I'm mixed half white half Asian and I can't complain about people harassing me with "hurr what even are you??" without SJW's shitting in my throat about privilege
>>
File: 123123132.png (43KB, 523x201px) Image search: [Google]
123123132.png
43KB, 523x201px
>>8864807
>>8864583
>>8862055
I'm not really bothered about buying secondhand clothes, but this definitely does tick me off a bit.
How do you know if it fits you or not if you supposedly didn't wear it? You tried it on. That counts as wearing.
>>
>>8864836
I've gotten that too, even with me actually living on a reservation and growing up with a grandmother who was 'reformed', I am apprently too privlaged to talk about NA problems because I've been 'removed from my native heritage'. And let me tell you I've never gotten that from a NA, only every from little white girls who think I'm on the same rank as someone who claims their 'great great grandmother was a Cherokee princess!!!' ugh gag me
>>
>>8864856
wearing would be like, going out with it. You can't expect someone to get a new ('new') dress and not try it on. Wearing it implies you have gone into an outside situation in which something could have happened to it- trying it on, on the other hand, is something you can do with clothes even at the mall.
>>
>>8864922
So theoretically speaking, going by your logic, you could 'try on' a dress for four days straight, but only until you leave the house you are not considered 'wearing it'?
>>
And now a brief thank you to the mods/janitors. We do appreciate you when you do your jobs.
>>
>>8864956
Not the anon you're replying to, but don't be stupid. The longer you wear something, the more likely you are to have something happen to it. Anon drew the line at "going out" with an item because nobody "tries on a dress for four days straight". At that point, you're either wearing it for a photoshoot or to get comfortable wearing the outfit, neither of which can be considered "try on" sessions.
>>
>>8864922

I've done that before. Mainly with impulse buys that I find out I really don't like when they arrive at my doorstep.

We impulse buyers and regretters do exist you know.
>>
>>8864974

Urgh, meant to reply to >>8864856.

Point is there are people (dumb people) who buy dresses and then decide they don't like them. Like I decided crosses just weren't for me when Nameless Poem came in the mail. So it was NWOT when I sold it.
>>
>>8864856

>Bought secondhand

I dunno, I can see being mad if you were size 0 and really need the shirring to have never been stretched (in which case you should be buying directly from brand anyway), but this dress has been owned and worn and washed and god-knows-what by someone else even before this seller got her hands on it and tried or didn't try to wear it.

Wearing/trying debate aside, I have bought dresses where it arrived and as soon as it's physically there I know it's too short and will never sit right on me. (and AP sizing is all over the place, I've put other brands on my blacklist but with AP some things fit and some things are only obviously too small once it arrives).
>>
>>8864856
This is why I leave tags on until I've tried it on to see if it fits. You can just say 'tried on, did not fit but NWT. If the tags are off or it is second hand already there's just no telling whether it has been worn or not. Though I've gotten 2 JSK direct from AP with tags just pinned on so it would have been easy enough for me to wear it a couple of times, pin them back and sell as NWT if I was that kind of a scammer. There's always a risk buying second hand from someone you don't know.
>>
>>8864078
Oh noes, the horror. People won't see your post. Is it really so important?
Otoh...
We were too busy having fun, sharing gifts and candy and having a good time to even remember to snap any photos at our meet this time.
>>
>>8858254
You have to carry an epipen with you everywhere, wear a medic alert bracelet, and cross your fingers real hard.
>>
>>8864996
Damn lighten up a little that anon wasn't attacking anyone. They just said they posted their picture at the wrong time and it got buried
>>
>>8864996
>getting assblasted that someone wanted their post to be visible
>on a facebook community centered around sharing original content that requires a considerable investment of time, effort, and money to create

okay anon
>>
>>8865106
>on a facebook community centered around sharing original content that requires a considerable investment of time, effort, and money to create
Not to bag on you, I'm sure you didn't mean it, but I feel like the way you've worded it sounds like people only wear lolita to get likes on CoF, which is what provokes people like this
>>8864996
Anon pls it was just an outfit I liked from earlier in the week. CoF is about sharing your looks to inspire others and potentially get criticism, and it can be frustrating when no one gets to see it because it gets quickly buried. Not just mine, but I see (and don't see) a lot of cute posts get buried too early because they don't get any comments in time and then noob posts get bumped because they get lots of "cute, maybe next time wear a blouse!" sort of comments.
>>
>>8865134
>I feel like the way you've worded it sounds like people only wear lolita to get likes on CoF
I don't see how you got that at all, considering the topic of the post you're quoting is "a facebook community", not the lolita community or those who wear it.

Also
>CoF is about sharing your looks to inspire others and potentially get criticism
No, CoF is about engaging with others in the community, either by saying "here is how I indulge in my hobby!" or "here is what I think about how you indulge in your hobby". Posting specifically to "inspire others" is a little conceited, don't you think?
>>
>>8865148
I guess, to each his own. I browse CoF because people usually only post their best stuff there and they're frequently also western lolitas. A lot of them get creative with certain looks and I save some of them as inspiration. And it's nice to be able to comment "I like your shoes" or ask a question or something, but that's as far as I engage on there. Otherwise, I mostly just look and take personal note of "I don't like the way this looks with this" or "I might want to try putting this with this myself".
So I guess we all just use it for different reasons.
>>
>>8865183
None of that is what you said though. Backpedal harder next time.
>>
>>8865195
I'm probably replying to bait at this point, but I think lots of people would like to think that their posts inspire others. I want to inspire others. Even if the inspiration is as simple as "navy and silver look nice together" or "I still hate OTT sweet". If I wanted a fanclub, I'd get an actual blog instead of just posting on my personal facebook and a group.
If you want to post to give and receive feedback, that's cool, but not everyone uses the group the same way.
>>
Sjw who are FtM just sometimes, and yet are girly, wearing dresses "because they identify as male Lolita, not gay"
I don't know man,why the fashion attracts these kind s, I don't get all these genderfluid thing, it bothers me
>>
>>8866250
They're girls, but tumblr culture evolved from yaoi fangirl culture, so even with all the feminist stuff on the site, being a girl is still seen as way less attractive and interesting than being a gay guy. So they pretend to be gay guys.
>>
>>8866250
>gender fluid
This is the most idiotic thing of the 21st century. Tumblr needs an urgent biology lesson, vagina=women, penis=man. Simple.
>>
>>8866263
this.

also note most of them are resistant to the responsibilities of adulthood. they don't want to be adult women, but they don't want to be men either, so they decide to be girly "boys."
>>
>>8858201
I feel like this goes along with the whole body acceptance/fat acceptance thing. The idea that just because you're outside of the norm doesn't mean you aren't entitled to the same rights as other people.

Which is great. We need to treat people with disabilities better than we do, because people still use terms like deaf-mute or cripple without thinking. But that idea of respect and better treatment in general doesn't mean that they should talk about it at every fuckin' step with every person they meet. It isn't appropriate.

For some reason, lolitas (and I've noticed this A LOT) seem to attach really quickly to other people and treat them like everybody is BFFs within about five minutes of meeting. This leads to a lot of TMI info-dumping.

No, I don't want to know about your brother's struggle with drug abuse.
No, I don't want to hear about the affair you had with your best friend's boyfriend.
No, I don't want to know what happens when you eat too much dairy.
I barely know you.

I have a chronic illness. I've discussed it on here before with anons with similar issues. Some people in my comm know because I have dietary restrictions, but unless someone specifically says "hey anon, how is __ going?", I tend to keep it to myself. The lolitas I know are not my bestest buddies. They're basically a social club, or acquaintances.

>>8858215
I don't feel like shit talking about my issues if someone's curious, nor do I feel ashamed because it's just something that happened to happen to me, but I tend to keep the gorey details between me, my therapist, my doctor, and my husband unless I know someone really well. Even then, I generally skim it with "Oh, it's been a bit of a rough week. I'm having a flare" and not the actual details of what that entails. Nobody wants to hear that stuff. They want to feel good for asking if you're doing better than you were last week, and don't want to be burdened with all the blood, shit, and tears that may have happened in between.
>>
>>8863728
if it's that hot just dont wear a jsk. wear an op, sk + blouse combo, or don't wear lolita
>>
>>8863678
put a sticker over your face in photos
problem partially solved
>>
My comm makes me want to quit lolita. Our drama died off but just seeing how bad they are to people just disgusts me.
>>
>>8864309
This kills me. I just want to buy rokku secondhand without having to double the price for fucking shipping, and all the American gyaru are either plus size or size 2 so their stuff doesn't even fit. Kills me inside.
>>
>>8864856
If you go to a store and buy a dress NWT it might've been tried on 5 times already. But the store still sells it as a NWT item. Trying on isn't wearing, because you don't have a real wear-and-tear.
>>
>lolita
>agender
>keep it to my god damned self aside from asking to be referred to as they politely
>dont sjw
im probably a fucking rarity. tumblr needs to chill for real
>>
>>8867534
agender isnt a real gender.
>>
>>8867534
Genders don't exist though, you fell for that tumblr bullshit as well. I'm sorry but you can't escape your biological sex.
>>
>>8867536
>>8867539
I've been agender since i was a kid.
>>
>>8867539
There's a difference between the make up of a male and female brain, and actual trannies have a brain that strongly resembles the other sex.
>>
>>8858053
Oh god. I'm disabled, but so is another chick in my local community and she's exactly like this. I try to avoid bringing up anything that's wrong with me unless I have to for whatever reason (either, 'hey, I can't really walk this far because x', or whenever I'm directly asked) but I made the mistake of trying to make friends with her before I realized she was a total attention whore. She SEEMED okay at first, and we were just talking about #LittleDisabledThings, but when I tried branching off the topic because I'm not super comfy talking about my issues, she dragged it right back to disability and pretty much wouldn't allow for topic changed.

Plus, y'know, she had to let me know she's more disabled than I am and I'm lucky to only have the problems I do and shit.

Fuuun.
>>
>>8863678
Oh no, anon, I feel you. All of my lolita shit (and my cosplay shit) has to have my face covered in one way or another. I know it's shallow and I don't care, I just really hate my face.
>>
Most lolitas being so sjw annoys me to no end.
Like, can we have a discussion without walking on egg shells about race, lgtb, ableism and feminism?
I don't care about all that shit, I don't want it in my life and I hate people feeling sooo special about that shit.
Can't we just have a conversation about fashion, make-up and stuff?

>inb4 that's not just lolita
>art friends are just as pretentious
>>
>>8867595
I know that feel, but since I'm a disabled queer poc I can get those girls to shut up quick.

>use the word "retarded" on my tumblr
>someone tells me they are triggered
>the word "retarded" has not once in my life been used to describe my condition and has only been used as the word "stupid" would be used, I tell them this and voice that I feel only people trying to look for things to get mad at get upset by my use of the word
>"oh you're disabled? I'm so sorry! I am as well, and honestly, you're right, I just had a bad week."
>>
>>8863616
While I understand why that would annoy you, in my country literally every good gyaru is also into lolita or used to be a lolita. The handful of "gyaru" who don't come from lolita all look like your average tacky teenage skank and don't even bother with hair, makeup or nails because I guess they're ~gyaru at heart~ or whatever. So when reading your post I couldn't help but picture one of these flabby flat-haired makeupless chicks in their skimpy H&M outfit raging at the keyboard at those stupid lolitas who come in and ruin everything with their falsies and their circle lenses and their actually-looking-gyaru just to make the gyaru-at-heart feel bad
>>
>>8867595
>Me going to a meet
>Expecting to have to awkwardly nod at a bunch of stupid liberal statements about the economy
>Everyone agrees provincial and federal plans are shit and not the godsend liberals proclaim them to be
>Feels good man

Dunno man, my personal experience is that people aren't really as sjw as they pretend to be on Tumblr in real life, but then our comm is mostly older people and pretty small.
>>
>>8866271
I loathe the term gender fluid
>>
>>8858533
Different anon, but that's a shitty reason, especially when you have an overflowing closet of brand like myself. While I like looking at them if it's someone I know, I think it's tacky. I use Flickr for it, it's a lot more private.
>>
I feel like some people take this shit way too seriously sometimes. I mean, lolita is my hobby and a pretty significant part of my life at this point, but some people really need to learn how to just fucking relax. There's so many little things that honestly won't matter by next week. I'm annoyed by it because I look at some of the people that browse cgl and literally 90% of us are just normal-ass people - by that I mean, from some of the things people post on here you would think the regular posters of cgl would be like, top of the line, descended from Mana amazing lolitas but a lot of people just look average. I feel like for being just average half of us do not to be as cunty as we act about certain things. That's not to say that I don't act bitchy or salty myself in certain threads, but yeah.

That said, recently I've noticed way too fucking much of the following
>bitches who don't know how to read
and
>bitches who don't know how to take a joke

I don't know what has happened the past couple of months or so that has done this but it's stood out to me recently.
>>
>>8866515
I underdstand you 100%
I just.. stopped wearing lolita. I can't enjoy it anymore, my old comm was absolute ass.
>>
>>8869265
Did your love for the fashion die because it was tied to the strong sense of community?

I feel like a lot of the girls in my comm care more for the community aspect of sharing and enjoying the clothes together, and wearing them is just a way to showcase their collection. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but it's just something that seems really unique to the lolita community compared to other fashions. Am I putting words in your mouth or would you agree?
>>
>>8868131
>talking about these topics at all at a fashion meet
But why? Either side you're on, you still look bad

God damn, I go to meets to get away from stuff like this in my everyday life.
>>
>>8868094
Yeah, same here, I had a brief lolita stage too, but these idiot weebs need to learn that gal isn't lolita and we don't want to run our events like lolitas.
>>
>>8869545
Because there's only so much talking about new brand releases and dream dresses you can do in an outing? Shit gets stuffy, I dunno man. It comes up in adult conversation.
>>
>>8867570
keep telling yourself that
>>
>>8869593

Politics invariably either becomes a circlejerk or a shouting fest though. There's no either or which way. And yes, I do have 'adult conversations.' In fact my work every month has book club on politics. It is invariably a circle jerk. My boss tries to keep it complex but it always breaks down into simplifications. The political world is so fucked up in such complex ways there's no way you can in good conscience take sides anymore.
>>
File: citation-needed.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
citation-needed.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>8867570

MRI studies are notoriously "positive finding" biased. The way it goes is that you get a neat color map of the brain where different parts of the brain are lighting up because of electrical stimulation, and it's easy enough to find 'patterns' that are falsely correlated to hypotheses that researchers make. It's a fallacy of medical studies in general but especially of fMRI studies. Not only that but many of these studies use fewer than 100 people, which raises the questionability of the actual power of the study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3723634/
>>
>>8869527
I don't care much for communities, but just wearing the clothes brings up bad memories.

I occassionally push myself to wear a coord every now and then since I love the fashion.. I'm just disdainful towards lolitas due to my experience, and have extreme anxiety around them.
>>
>>8863678
I feel you, but sometimes I think I'm still in denial.

Like, I put on my costume or my coordinate and my makeup and I feel amazing, but every picture looks terrible. I don't understand. I look in the mirror and everything seems ok, but in pics my face looks like I've been dead for a few weeks.

I won contests because of crafting talent, but I'll never be famous or have nice pictures because my face always comes out as a disaster. I never had a photoshoot for this specific reason.

I guess I'll have to cosplay only characters with masks and drop lolita.
>>
I hate sweetexpedition's coords. They're usually boring, clashing or repetitive but she gets tons of praise because shes azn and wears brand.
>pic related, this is the most hideous coord made with the koitaukihime jsk.
Yes I mad because that's a DD of mine and she can't make a decent coord with it.
>>
>>8869645
>black with muddy brown

Hideous
>>
>>8869647
It's the same muddy brown as on the damn print, you cockend. I'd rather see muddy brown and black than non muddy brown and black.
>>
>>8867570
There is a very very minor difference between the AVERAGE female brain and the AVERAGE male brain, but no consistent discernible difference between individual male/female brains. You can't toss a person in an MRI and say whether their brain is male or female. That is all bullshit pseudoscience perpetuated by media outlets who just want a shiny headline.
>>
>>8869671
this
one shining example is the fact that mtf transsexuals generally aren't interested in the full experience of womanhood, it's never 'oh no I'll never have periods/grow old', it's usually 'I'm trans but I can't picture myself as an old woman, I feel sad that I never got to be a pretty teen girl and I've always felt like a(n attractive) woman at heart but I don't want to be an old woman'. I mean I'm a biological woman and I've always wanted to be a tall model with big tits but that shit won't happen so whatever? we don't get to pick and choose our race, so why should we get to pick and choose our gender? that dolezal lady got shit on for being 'transracial' but we let this slide?
>>
>>8869708
I've run into mtfs who complain about not having a period and try to insert themselves into 'girl talk' sessions about periods and cramps, but it always comes off as fetishistic. Like I get being curious about a bodily function you don't have, when I was a preteen I would ask my older sister what it's like to have a period. However I never asked creepy sexually-tinted personal questions like whether she could feel the blood slide through her vagina or any of the other cringey shit these mtfs I know like to ask. And the way my comm works now is that you can hardly tell a self-proclaimed mtf that her behavior is making you uncomfortable without being called an evil transphobic bully.
>>
>>8869626
You get what I'm talking about. It's only been a few months and I've managed to wear Lolita a rare few times but every time I do I just want to sell it and I usually cry a lot. I fell in love with the fashion because I've loved it but it's hard to keep loving it when you get upset every time you wear it.
>>
>>8869708
I don't know what's worse, tumblr's idea of being trans or straight up ignorance.
>>
>>8869749
elaborate, since you're so well-informed
>>
>>8864810
Then stop whining and make your own shit. No one is stopping other minorities from talking about their issues.

You hear about black people more because we speak up about the injustice done to our communities. Maybe ask your people to grow some balls, start speaking up, and create a movement.

I don't even care about SJW's just couldn't stand reading your whining ass nonsense.
>>
>>8869726
I'd be cool to talk if you want.
Honestly I don't have a "passion for fashion" as much anymore. heck, if you want to bitch about your old community I would be down to hear it too.

I should sell some of my dresses but I'm so damn salty i don't want one of the dresses I used to treasure and love so much in the hands of some total cunt
>>
>>8869757
Not my job to educate you :^)
>>
>>8859796
Thats awful. I've been in that position. Just stop answering her calls, texts and if she asks to borrow something, say "I'll think about it- I might be using it for something" etc. and if she gets mad, just ignore her. Focus on the friends that genuinely care about you
>>
>>8869723
Brolita here. I'll admit this, but I have self-confidence issues concerning my boobies when wearing lolita. I always wear a push-up bra when I wear lolita. Sometimes I wished I had nice pair of boobs.

I have fun wearing bras. They look so cute and snug. Of course, I gotta wear matching underwear. :/

I never get into discussions of periods. Though someone joked to me once if I needed a Sailor Moon edition pad when we were in the bathroom. I was having leg cramps one day.
>>
>>8869708
>>8869723
This makes me angry.tumblr trans with a hint of fetishism. A match made in hell
>>
>>8869708

Jesus fucking christ I'm sort of glad I don't know trans people now.

I want to be a cute old lady fuck everyone who thinks they're not cool.
>>
>>8869638
another anon but i agree. i think i look great in the mirror i look good... but every photo i have tard mouth, disgusted face or general tard face. Luckily and usually most of my comm wont post outfit shots they took of me because they know i look bad.

im always terrified of being posted to cgl because i know they use it but luckily my coording is boring and only slightly nitpicking.
>>
>>8869944
i hope youre not the ita brolita that doesnt wear a blouse to show off his super KAWAAIIII bra sutrapo to prove hes a real lolita.
>>
>>8870324
No, I wear blouses. Not wearing a blouse with your lolita coord is most embarrassing behavior.
>>
>>8866515

I'm pretty universally hated now thanks to my old comm and a hell of a lot of lying and shit talking that went on, and if I'm honest, it's a huge contributor in why I've lost interest in Lolita. The fact people are so keen to believe bad things and be manipulated makes for a pretty poor environment.
>>
>>8870319
You're just not photogenic. Guess what: people don't see you as you are in the pic. I'm not photogenic either. I look super horsey in selfies but irl my nose isn't even that big.

Here's what happens: your friends probably use point&shoots, their mobile phones or camera lenses not intended for portrait pics. Those distort your face. If you had a professional photographer take your pictures they'd turn out much better.

Even if your mirror isn't an accurate representation of how you look, it's still much better than a camera. The reason fat girl angles exist is because cameras are very one-dimensional gadgets. Add onto that the fact that we have not one but two lenses (eyes) through which we see, and you have your answer to why you look so different in photos.
>>
>>8867534
are you me anon?
legitimately thank you. I keep my gender to myself and I'm fine with people using female pronouns though. It's only my boyfriend and a few friends who know my gender
>>
File: 18kxy5bbtul32jpg.jpg (69KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18kxy5bbtul32jpg.jpg
69KB, 800x450px
>>8870385
>Here's what happens: your friends probably use point&shoots, their mobile phones or camera lenses not intended for portrait pics. Those distort your face. If you had a professional photographer take your pictures they'd turn out much better.
This.

The photo shows how different your face can look depending on the lenses.
>>
I'm new to Lolita fashion, and have a long way to go as far as wardrobe building. When I see people wearing dresses that are too small for them, where their boobs look like a breadloaf, and the jsk is screaming at the seams I get irrationally annoyed about it. Especially if it's a dress I would wear. I just get so buttmad about someone damaging a garment like that. It's shitty and mean of me to think it, but I wanna repo them for my wardrobe because they would fit me better.
>>
>>8870385
That's a relief. I've always heard it the other way around, that cameras capture how we really look and our images in a mirror are corrected by our brains in real time so we don't look ugly to ourselves.
>>
confession, not peeve: whenever there's a conversation online or irl about how brand skirts have waists that are soooooo small and for that reason dresses are easier to wear, or gripe about wanting to wear Moitie but not fitting it, i get really smug about it. it's a little mean and petty, but i don't care.
>>
>>8869616
To each their own, I guess. I don't think it's a problem to talk about tricky topics as long as everyone stays civil, which we all do in my comm. Sucks that you have bad experiences with these kind of talks.
>>
>>8870865
Your mirror shows you a flipped image of what you really look like to others as well so take a mirror selfie, flip it horizontally and that is more how you actually look to other people.
>>
>>8870876
Same. Recently girls in my comm were talking about how "insanely tiny" unshirred brand skirts are and how often they have to pass up good deals because of the limited waist measurements
>tfw I'm sitting right there on one of my many unshirred <65cm brand skirts and trying not to look too smug
It does annoy me when they go on about how unshirred brand is impossible to fit for someone with a "Western" frame and only made for tiny Japanese girls or anorexic people, though. I'm as Western as they are, fit most things with room to spare and I'm perfectly healthy. Please keep your shade to yourself, thanks.
>>
>>8871994
They are talking averages. You are an exception to that and it's OK to feel smug. Average western women's waists are bigger. And they are sour about it. Truth is most western women carry more fluff than they COULD if they were willing to become more fit and hit the lower numbers of their height/weight ratios (again, averages) but that's difficult for many and also another topic. Most won't be motivated enough to attain and maintain it so they just gripe.
>>
>>8858053
I agree with you, but gonna have to be a a devil's advocate for one exception - some people with chronic illnesses such as ME that mean they can't leave the house often can be oblivious to how much they talk about their illness. My friend was like that and it alienated a lot of people, then I realized she had pretty much nothing else to talk about since she slept 12-18 hours a day.
>>
File: imai.gif (52KB, 304x450px) Image search: [Google]
imai.gif
52KB, 304x450px
>minor

Anyone else seem a little bothered by Imai Kira illustrations sometimes? It seems like she uses the 8-head approach as opposed to 6-head figure which is common in fashion illustrations, but for some reason looks super off since her figures are wearing petticoated skirts, especially if they're sitting down or showing some thigh (like they've got extra long thighs or an extra long torso); sometimes the legs don't align to the torso.
>>
>>8857939
My pet peeve is related, but involving those who don't handmake their clothes.

>oldfag rant

Lolita has been around for years. With the exception of hellolace and the outdated handbook, there are so many guides out there with lists among lists of shops to choose from - hell, it has its own wikia page. Using a google search engine isn't that hard and if you look up 'lolita fashion' on facebook's search engine, a list of relevant group/fan pages show up. Sometimes you still have to skirt around things like lolicon and cosplay shit, but it's much easier and faster now, gdi.

I just don't get how we've gotten so far and still have people look like we're stuck in 2004.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUiBOQCXGIY

Sometimes I prefer seeing someone wearing a decently coordinate outfit with a print replica over a Hot Topic mess.
>>
>>8870854
You are way too new. Boobloaf actually is more of a pattern issue than someone being too big for the dress. It wont look any better on you.
>>
>>8872735
i've never seen boobloaf on someone with a small chest. it's literally only when people are crammed in there like a sausage.
>>
>>8872944
I have an 83cm bust (26-28D-DD) and get mild boobloaf in some pieces, IW's bodices are especially bad. Frequently boobloaf is due to people being fatties, but it can happen even to people with small chests due to the bodice pattern
>>
>>8869944
You sound like a fetishist.
>>
>>8872944
I'm a 32b (professionally measured) but I'm legitimately big boned and have suffered boob loaf.
>>
Confession time.

I secretly get very happy seeing that my cosplay and lolita peers are older than me, because I'm so much more talented than them, I start dreaming about how much I'll know when I get to be their age.
I know it's not nice of me, perhaps even childish, but it makes me so very happy, specially after some of them started accusing me of buying my stuff online when everything is handmade.

I make things in one night better than they do in months. I feel incredible. And every week I learn something new. It's not like I have too much free time because I don't (college +work + taking care of my brother, who has a deficiency ), I just spend every single weekend doing research and trying new things.

I have other people who inspire me and I just found out they are about 10 years older. I feel really determined to reach their level in about two to five years, I'm currently learning how to use arduino and how to do 3d models, since I'm saving for a printer.
>>
>>8872101
who are these? i need to learn so i can keep necessary distance between us.
>>
>>8872101
The outfits are terrible, and everyone is clumping around like a goddamn elephant, but wtf is with the MC choice?
>>
I have no problems with replicas.

I grew up a poorfag, I pirated a lot of media. If I ever got my hands on an actual thing, and had the monies? I would buy the shit out of it and cherish it so much.

Recently met some sweet babylitas. I generally don't like sweet, but these girls were really toned down, and well dressed, so it looked hella cute. Turned out they were both wearing replicas. I don't think they'd get the money to buy actualfax lolita either way, so the brands ain't losing out.

If you can afford brand, brand will always be the better option. If you can afford it, but you go for the replica instead, I'll probably ROFL at you for your penny-pinching poorfag ways.
>>
>>8873441
This.

I'm a poorfag. I'm so poorfag I need do save money for two months to buy Bodyline.
>>
>>8872735
Bullshit. Boobloaf inherently refers to someone cramming their tits into a bodice not intended for such a large chest. It's true that many lolita dresses are cut for a smaller bust/waist difference, but as long as your overall chest measurement is below the max bodice measurement you will not experience true boobloaf.
>>
>>8873441
But many replicas are more expensive than second-hand brand.
>>
>>8873463
You clearly have never worn IW, or know what people call boobloaf these days.
>>
>>8873471
I almost exclusively wear IW. There is very little breast definition due to the way the bodices are cut, but because I am below the maximum measurements my breasts aren't straining against the fabric so that they look like a loaf of bread. That is what boobloaf means. Boobs that are squished flat against the body by an ill fitting bodice so that the chest looks like a bread loaf.
>>
>>8873465
I admit that's a valid point. Still, getting stuff secondhand carries a stigma for some. I'm from a family that's too proud to buy shit secondhand, unless they were everyday daily clothes that were gonna get worn out eventually(Winter jackets and shoes were always new). Even now(when we're doing financially better), I've had trouble convincing my folks that it's ok to get secondhand IW.
>>
>>8873465
I apologize for not wanting your shitty secondhand brand with underarm stains
>>
>>8873481
>>8873484
>Art theft is okay if you're poor!
>If I wasn't so disgustingly poor I'd buy real brand, honest!
>EEWWw brand that has been worn by someone else!?!? I WOULD NEVER
>art theft still ttly okay tho, I'm poor :(

FYI, places like CC are super strict about quality and practically slash the price in half if there's even one teeny tiny hardly visible stain anywhere on the garment. I've never received anything that looked like it had been worn before, and I sincerely doubt they would sell anything with sweat stains.
Or are you complaining you can't find the latest popular AP prints for cheap? Tough shit. If you want all the latest luxury items, come back when you're less poor.
>>
>>8873441
I agree. I started off with replicas when i was a teen, and once I was able to afford brand, I never went back- though i have had non print replicas custom tailored for me for a better fit and will probably continue to do so.

the only issue i have with replicas is
>itas ruining shit like itas do
>fetisisists getting their hand on replicas and doing lewd stuff in them and posting photos
>super fatties in them

I don't give a shit about "art theft" because these brands clearly aren't hurting for the cash. if someone made any replicas of some small indie brand's stuff, I'd be fucking pissed though.
>>
>>8873504
Don't compare wearable physical stuff with display rights.

>Come back when you're less poor
Nobody is complaining about not getting shit. If anything, poorfag lolis should be estatic that there _exists_ a replica of the dress they want.

Further, my family was mending bad desicions made more than a decade ago, growing up, money was bad, and _circumstances_ which are personal but utterly fucked up made it impossible for me to get a job.

I'm not gonna atone for the sins of my parents by giving up my hobbies.
>>
>>8873504
I don't wear replica, I don't wear prints and I'm not poor but nice guessing there.
Lolitas are not known for being actually little princesses and I find buying their worn clothes 9/10 time disgusting. If I were poor I'd prefer art theft over sex juices and sweat.
>>
>>8873541
>sex juices
what the fuck
>>
>>8873512
Brands aren't big companies tho. There are lots of replicas of MM dresses and the brand isn't doing very well. So how isn't replicas hurting them? Or do you claim that many replicas of MM's most iconic dresses hasn't driven down the need for original ones?
>>
>>8873556
Basically brands can't "live off" on their iconic dresses. They need to keep create and be original. Also replica isn't a crime unless it copies prints and MM dresses you mentioned are not print dresses.
There is a reason why Louis Vuitton covers their products with brand logo. I also find it disturbing, this is why I don't see myself buying any prints with brand name in it.
>>
>>8863678
If you'd give almost anything to be beautiful then why not consider plastic surgery? If it truly makes you happy it could be worth it..
>>
>>8873512
Brands aren't big companies, anon. Even the biggest most influentiable brands have maybe 20 shops tops.
>>
>>8873481
>I've had trouble convincing my folks that it's ok to get secondhand IW.
Are you 12 with an allowance? Why should your parents have any say or even care about the clothing you're purchasing? It sounds like you have more issues with blaming your family about your clothing choices than what brand you want to buy.
>>
>>8873559
I love MM, but at 89-90cm bust I just can't routinely buy their stuff because they have not enough give. Just a little bit of shirring or a bit of corseting in back, and I'd buy more MM instead of eyeing some replicas of their non-prints. I'd love to wear more MM as my casual stuff than AP.
>>
>>8873948
It sounds like family-anon has issues with a controlling family. A lot of families are like this, particularly those that have ever had money issues.
>>
>>8872080
not before, but now that you mention it yes
>>
>>8861046
Name?
>>
>>8873416
You're obnoxious.
>>
>>8870351
chanel? lmao
>>
>>8873984
probably choke lmao
>>
Quotev. Holy crap, Quotev. I have never seen a higher concentration of weebs, scene kids, and emos in one place.
>ok on to the actual lolita part
>create a "What Lolita Substyle Are You?" quiz out of boredom
>add Cosplay "Lolita" as a style, just as a joke
>make the answers for the aforementioned super weeby (For example, things like "I want to become a mangaka in Japan!")
>mfw people claiming to know about the style on their profiles get that as a result

I wish I could just educate everyone.
>>
>>8873441
>secondhand carries a stigma for some
Sincerely sorry about your parents, anon. That sucks. You'll get your IW soon.
Ugh this pisses me off so much. Lolita fashion has definitely helped me get over this a lot. I feel like everyone (esp the good old USA) is complaining about how there's never enough while we basically throw out half of the things we buy. There's so much more value in the world that is either thrown away or fated to sit at a thrift shop ignored forever. I feel like the middle class would actually have money to buy food and shit if we stopped wasting so much. Disinfectant is a thing.

Buying lolita fashion used has helped me realize that there's so much life left in most quality secondhand items, but many of them are thrown out because people don't think they're worth it. A lot of people also treat their stuff like shit because they assume it'll just be in a landfill a year from now. The lolita community is comparably great about taking good care of clothing. This means when you're no longer interested in it, you can make a few bucks and give it to someone who really is. I hope with thrift shopping kind of sort of making a comeback, more people will be drawn to taking better care of their normie clothes and buying fewer and higher quality pieces.

>>8873512
>brands clearly aren't hurting for the cash
But the dresses must be pretty expensive to make, all things considered. And the releases are small to avoid overstocking and keep the customers interested. It's not like Forever 21 where anyone can walk in and buy something with the change in their pocket. They probably don't make very much in the end and their customers are very particular.
>>
>>8869758
This. I hate when other PoC shit on us when they can get their own shit done. I was actually agreeing with the, "I hate when people say PoC when they mean black" thing until the rest. At least you don't have white girls speaking over you for sjw points constantly, though. Because they love speaking over us so they can feel better about themselves.

This is probably a petty complaint, but I'm super annoyed by that girl who wears the agro wig for CoF likes. It just seems really gimmicky, and riding off of the ~oppression points~, or something. I rarely wear my natural hair, but now i don't want to at all in case people feel like I'm doing the same.
>>
>>8869944
>Of course, I gotta wear matching underwear. :/
Ew. What kind of lack of self awareness...
>>
>>8874111
I was huge into quizilla in 2004 and it's good to see nothing about quiz websites have changed at all.
>>
I have something I want to get off my chest its not a pet peeve or confession its just stuff I want to get out
>>
>peeves
Girls who complain about the anon "hate" they get from /cgl/ on facebook or in person.
>oh no I had to wear these shoes instead of my other ones I hope no one takes my picture and posts me to /cgl/
>yeah I get shat on on /cgl/ all the time but I'm a survivor not a victim
A lot of the time, these mean comments are actually just really honest concrit or general "you're a fatty-chan" bait comments. If someone gets excessively insulted, mutliple people will tell them that they're ridiculous.
The only people who consistently get shit are lolcows or efamous lolitas. If you're not one of those, no one cares.
I imagine these sort of people capping and saving all negative posts about them and then printing them out to shlick to later.
>>
>>8874902
Afro-chan low key disgusts me. All those oppression points for a shitty afro wig.
>>
>>8870401
>>8867534
Same anon same, I don't go round saying "hurr durr I'm bigender so don't misgender me or you'll trigger my sjw ass hurr" and if someone disagrees with my gender then oh well, I don't turn into a pissbaby over it
>>8874111
Jesus shit is Quotev still going? It could probably compete with tumblr for cringeness with all of it's emo 12 year olds desu
>>
>>8875022
this so much
>>
>>8879258
It's mostly kids obsessed with creepypasta now. There are a lot of weebs, too. My favorite thing I've seen so far is a quiz that basically talked sense into kids who say they're "insane" . The comments were pure, cringy gold.
>>
>>8858074
This many times. I used to be a bit like this (ugh) but finally i realized how much of an ass i was for excusing social alienation or anxiety for "muh autism".
I had an horrible friend that also hated lolita and ridiculised "lolita is for little girls" while she was a visual kei ita with a supposed real (yes i swear) weeb name infact she wanted others to call her like that and not even a real japanese female name, more like yaoifag vomit unisex name, she used to be "muh autism" that cannot bear to work in their condition so i must be treated like a special snowflake because my mental "disability", while in reality was her delusional mind living in her own entitled world. It's awful how many people are excusing bad behaviour or just asking for a better treatment because they are "disabled".
>>8858530
I noticed that a lot and i feel really concerned. I used to be like this, now i escaped this hell and i feel finally mentally sane lol. Usually spot them is easy, also using these "neutral" or male pronouns or fake male names.
>>
There Is A Girl Who Is In One Of My Comms Who Types Like This For Every Comment Or Post. She Doesn't Post In Lolita Discussion Much But Shares Some Other Hobbies With Me And Every Time She Posts I Want To Punch Her Through The Fucking Monitor.

Christ that was actually painful to type. How the fuck do people do that without developing carpal tunnel or some shit?
>>
>>8879839
She's a homestuck.
Run
>>
>>8879846
Is that seriously where it comes from? Fucking hell.
>>
>>8878430
is she even black?
>>
>>8879370
link(s)?
>>
>>8879943
It is, one of the main girl trolls uses it. I can't remember her name but she has green blood. I used to be a homestuck so.
>>
>>8879370
Different anon here
Oh god I remember once people were sharing a picture of some emo kid with Jeff the killer makeup on that said "share if you're insane". I fucking shared it as well, and then some sjw made an indirect post about how "the use of the word insane is albeist and damaging to society" etc etc. Seriously guys, if you want some top quality cringe then just take one of the quizzes on that goddamn website.
>>
>>8880027
No she's white. Disgusts me too.
>>
>>8880033https://www.quotev.com/quiz/7525822/Are-you-insane
Look for the Edgelord result.
>>
>>8858060
It's replies like this why I don't ever talk to someone about it ever. "Yo anxiety is not cool" ..okay, I'm hiding it forever and can't make real open contact with people because of 'that it's not cool'. I'm actually jealous of people who can talk about it and are not afraid of it. I get the special-snowflake-problem and it's not necessary to talk so easily and lot of it about it on meets where people aren't that close. But yeah, being silent forever isn't an option either'.
>>
>>8880643
quality cringe
>>
>>8858053
>Have friends for 18 months
>Make sure not to be this person and never let on that I have issues
>Stay in hotel together for con
>Have first bad episode in 3 years
>One friend doesn't believe me and complains about me needing to turn off the air con as it causes extra breathing difficulty
>Explain Emphysema and all the meds I have to take. Which I had hidden all the time i knew them
>other friend has tantrum because I didn't tell her.
>try and explain that I don't tell people because otherwise people just assume I am my illness
>other friend is distant since because "If you didn't tell me you don't care about me"

Not telling them backfired
>>
>>8880827
That is because you are stupid.
In >>8858053 the issue is that people talk to acquaintances about your illness stuff when it is awkward. But you hid something pretty important to someone who was your friend. At the point that you knew you were rooming at a hotel together you should have told them stuff, it not in the year and a half up until then.

If you cant tell the difference between sperging irl and confiding in a friend, then you need some real help.
>>
>>8878430
Disgust is the perfect word! And she can't even keep up her wig from looking like shit. She comes off as an attention whore. Isn't her actual hair pretty straight? I'm surprised she hasn't gotten called out for appropriation by overzealous sjws.
>>
>>8880640
I thought she was mixed? He real hair is nappy so she has some black in her, it just isnt a good kind of black hair.
>>
>>8869758
This is why I don't like when folks say "POC" when they mean "Black".
It makes butthurt anons think all everyone cares about is "hurr the black ppl" and leads overzealous sjws to think black people are the only marginalized group to focus on.
>>
>>8874916
Phleghm?
>>
>not so recently got a new member to our comm
>new girl is super sweet and has Japanese haft boyfriend
>does frequent risky Lolita outfits
>brags about her superior Japanese skills. I studied a few years but I'm no where close to fluent so didn't bother thinking much of it
>has merch printed with incorrect basic Japanese
>she lands a pretty cool job for any jfashion enthusiast and is encouraged to wear it daily
>starts labeling outfits incorrectly on social media
>mfw we realize she's actually fairly ita not just risky like we thought and she's teaching normies "jfashion"
>she goes to glorious Nippon with Hafu
>she's now convinced she has to move to Japan to become a model
Despite the fact she has way too many tattoos many of which are slightly too edgy
>wunderwelt posted that writer search. It's her new life goal despite her not blogging in at least a year
>just smile and encourage. Just smile and encourage
>>
>>8867595
Samething with anti-sjw lolitas desu. Like I don't see nearly as much bullshit sjw on cgl as some people bitch about.

Like okay, we get it you hate tumblr, but crying "feminaiz!!" every time someone doesnt immediately bash fatty-chans or afros is hella annoying.
>Inb4 "you're attacking me!!!!!!"

We cool senpai
>>
>>8873458
Then you shouldn't be in this fashion.
Affording Bodyline is like the bare minimum for Lolita, if you can't meet that requirement then GFTO

Samething with ugly people, like why are you even in this hobby??? Your fucked up-jagged teeth or foot long chin will NEVER look good. NEVER! Blur that shit out
>>
>>8884658
this.
seriously i guess sjw is just an insult people throw around. it gets thrown around so much niggas mistake it for actual sjws
>>
File: 1412894771407.png (135KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
1412894771407.png
135KB, 622x626px
>>8884680
there was an attempt
>>
File: 1424238444480.jpg (37KB, 460x317px) Image search: [Google]
1424238444480.jpg
37KB, 460x317px
>>8858060
Dude, I can't even count how many times I've gone to the bathroom at meets or cons and tossed my cookies and just came back and acted like nothing was wrong.
Or I'll pretend to get a phone call and make up an excuse to leave if I feel a really bad attack coming on.
Only a couple of my really good friends in the comm know.
I just want to feel normal and have a good time with my friends.
>>
File: welp.png (386KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
386KB, 667x670px
>always loved Lolita, but only started wearing it recently
>fatty-chan, so always trying to make sure everything looks good, not too poofy, fits right, etc.
>ask friends for concrit, mostly asspats with no critique on how to get better
>too chickenshit to self post here because it seems fat = ita, no matter how good the coord can look
>not sure how I'm doing
>>
I hate going out to eat with my loli friends and then they always make an excuse not to leave a 15% tip. You're literally wearing a $300 dress - cutting corners like that to save maybe $5 is discourteous and outright embarrassing.
>>
>>8873458
How do you even have internet if you need 2 months to get $50?
>>
>>8885389
I agree that not tipping in america is shitty but cmon, you know that dresses can be saved up for and that isn't really the reason they should be tipping for. a tip should be planned as part of the cost for dinner, but saying someone has to tip based on the cost of their clothes is shitty
>>
>>8872960
I'm crazy confused. I have an 82cm bust and but am a 32B. I've never had boobloaf when wearing IW. It's loose, even.
>>
>>8885397
what's there to be confused about? previous anon has a large cup and the rest of her core is stick-style, you have a small cup and a larger ribcage/more fat towards the back/whatever.
>>
>>8884629
Kek
>>
>fat girls in Lolita
>brown people in Lolita
>ugly white girls in Lolita
>old people in Lolita
>fat white girls not realizing that they are fat white girls trying to be ~KAWAII~
>*cough cough*/cgl/

did I miss anything?
>>
>>8869763
Sorry, I was out of commission for a while. I think venting here is okay, I'm sorry I'm not as willing to put a name to my rants as of yet. But I don't blame you for being salty, I keep most of mine because I don't want anyone in my old comm to end up with them. I hope things get better for you though anon.
>>
>think photoshop should be used as a tool to make photos look better
>in lolita that means strengthening colors, enlarging eyes, getting rid of bloat or frump
>for some reason nobody minds it when average girls shoop their faces and legs
>when fattychans do it it's some sort of sacrilege and they should "love their bodies" or be "true and honest" with themselves

What the fuck? If some fatty gets rid of her double chin to look better and draw more attention to the coord then what's the fucking issue? It's like fat people can't ever be allowed to make themselves look a bit better, kind of like saltchans who think they shouldn't be allowed to wear anything but potato sacks and walmart rompers.
>>
>>8870351
I'm sorry, that sucks. What sort of things were they even saying about you to give you that reputation? Usually these things just die off.
>>
>>8885514
It depends on if they abuse shoop, which some girls do. Whether you're skinny or fat, don't abuse photoshop. It's one thing to want to enhance your features, maybe smooth out your waist. It's another to try to turn a size 12 into a size 4. Also, don't be like space cadet chan
>>
>urgent sale
>clicks link
>120-150$ dress for 180 plus expensive shipping

Please fucking stop this shit

Also, when you see a listing on LM
>pp fees included

Of course they are, cunt. I'm not buying from you if you're a scammer who doesn't follow ToS. Pointing this out like it's novel will also give me pause in buying from you
>>
>>8885819
Fuck I'm so sick of seeing "PP NOT included" I asked lacemarket mods and lse and they just said "yeah it's against the rules" shouldn't they in force it as against the rules? Maybe I'll just start posting the PP terms and conditions on every post....
>>
>>8885514
I use Photoshop to hide the fact that even makeup and a skincare routine can't save my miserable skin. Never gotten shit for it. Like other anon said, I think as long as you're not abusing it, no one cares.
>>
>>8873504

What's CC supposed to be?
>>
>>8886039
Closet Child
>>
>>8873527

You do not need to pay your parents' debts. Move out, get a job, make it on your own. There are lolitas with minimum wage that are able to both support their own and buy brand. They have to budge carefully of course but it's doable. So stop making excuses and just admit you have low standards.
>>
>>8885845
Vindictive, but you could always report the PP account and listing. It's against PP's TOS to pull that.
>>
>>8886050

>budge

Damnit, I meant budget
>>
>>8885819
>Also, when you see a listing on LM
>>pp fees included
I include that in my terms of sale because it keeps people from asking about it. A lot of people don't get that the listings saying they're NOT included are the issue.

I still get people asking sometimes, but it cut down the number of comments/messages I got for that particular question when I have items to sell.
>>
>>8885366
Post yourself on CoF. If you suck you'll get posted here in the ita thread. If you're cute you'll get posted in the CoF thread. If no one posts you then you're probably boring and should work on that.
>>
>>8863714
This is nature and survival of the fittest.
>>
File: 1404416070067.png (325KB, 477x351px) Image search: [Google]
1404416070067.png
325KB, 477x351px
>>8857928

> At least 2 of our mods don't even live in our city anymore, Let the fuck go guys, you have a new comm, you may have helped create your old one but you are no longer a part of or relevant to the community anymore. Why are you involved in decision making that doesn't even involve you? you don't even know half the people who are in the comm anymore. Power trip much.

> Another 3 mods don't even attend meets anymore.

> 1 is mildly active.

> This only leaves us with 2 active mods.

There are about 4 really active girls in my comm.......for 3 years I was under the assumption that they were the moderators of the community.

It's so ridiculous, every once in a while someone you have never heard of before will pop up with this new decision or announcement "who the fuck are you even?".
The active mods need to have a long chat and get the leadership situation sorted.

Does anyone else have this crap go on in their communities? The idiocy of the situation astounds me.
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 500x466px
I'm afraid of being hated by other lolitas. That's because I have good financial situation and I'm able to spend a lot for brand.

I get most of my spare money from my family. I have been unemployed about six months so my parents have been more supportive than usually. They don't gave me huge amounts but I'm very responsible with my spendings. Expect buying brand.

It's just sad when I can't talk about dresses I bought without getting nervous. Bragging isn't my style but still.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.