[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Body Mods within J-Fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 38

File: bo.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bo.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
I used to be big into j-fashion. Since then i've changed my appearance (quite a bit). I have a septum & eyebrow ring and shaved eyebrows. Getting back into some fashions, I'm afraid I'll be judged harshly based on this.

What are your opinions on piercings/body mods in jfashion? What are some jfashions where piercings are acceptable?

(pic not me, but related)
>>
>>8854964
well as long as your eyebrows don't look as shit as hers
i think she looks very cute except for how messy her eyebrows are
>>
I think it's 2edgy shit. Take that shit out- at least for photos- if you're doing a cutesy fashion. I think you can get away with it for less cutesy styles (gothic lolita, pastel goth if that's still a thing, etc). If you don't want to remove your piercings (understandable, some people's holes fill in faster), just cover. Your eyebrow ring can be covered with a wig with long bangs. Maybe trade out your regular big, neon nosering for a little pink stud. I'm not sure what you can do about a septum piercing. It clashes with a lot of styles.

Why the fuck do you have shaved eyebrows, though? Or are they just shaved and you draw them in? Latter is normal. Formal got you looking like L from Death Note.
>>
>>8854964
She's pretty cute, though the pic on the left is awful. I think larme could work with certain piercings, and menhera/gurokawa definitely could.
>>
Use those clear retainers and take out your terrible piercings for just about all of it.
I'd like to see more of it in gothic lolita and shironuri (a la no. 96)
>>
File: CanbDOKUcAAc8Vw.jpg (104KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CanbDOKUcAAc8Vw.jpg
104KB, 600x800px
>>
File: CX9aa6-UoAAKlKt.jpg (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CX9aa6-UoAAKlKt.jpg
75KB, 600x600px
>>
I like them. I think they're cute in sweet lolita- it is still an alternative fashion and people who choose to dress in lolita here are people who are likely to have interest in other alternative fashion's as well, which is why I think so many sweet lolitas do have piercings. I've don't really ever see classic lolitas with piercings, weirdly enough. But I like body mods and support people with them who want to dress cutesy.
>>
File: CTDkDfaUEAAPP5x.jpg (73KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CTDkDfaUEAAPP5x.jpg
73KB, 600x450px
>>
>>8854964
What a punchable face. This is considered a good pierce mod photo?
>>
>>8854988
Scratch that. Yourpervert is an amazing classic lolita with snakebites and I love her.
>>
File: CNlCMRJUAAAESjH.jpg (106KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CNlCMRJUAAAESjH.jpg
106KB, 600x800px
>>
They can be cute. Just match them to your outfit, and pick jewelry that suits your face. Pet peeve is black jewelry with a completely pastel coord. Also wearing a lot of jewelry with mismatched, unbalanced colors. Doesn't look good.
>>
File: CLvM_CdUAAAdqDZ.jpg (39KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CLvM_CdUAAAdqDZ.jpg
39KB, 600x450px
>>
>>8854964
I personally find body mods distracting and ugly. Having a bull ring through your septum isn't kawaii. Earrings can be tasteful but others come off as 2edgy5u
>>
Always ugly and retarded looking, always associate with trailer trash buttrock girls from my high school
>>
>>8855003
I love piercings, but wouldn't that under-lip piercing damage her teeth? It looks like it's touching them, which isn't good...
>>
File: gkf3.png (464KB, 680x452px) Image search: [Google]
gkf3.png
464KB, 680x452px
>>
Just match your jewelry to your coord and you'll be fine. No one irl really cares.
>>
File: CCoyMnUUgAANoQG.jpg (27KB, 592x296px) Image search: [Google]
CCoyMnUUgAANoQG.jpg
27KB, 592x296px
>>8855013
Yes but there has been a fad in Japan of using spikes as vampire teeth.

Pic related.
>>
File: CWRUN-IVEAApLOb.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CWRUN-IVEAApLOb.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
>>
>>8855026
Ugh. Don't be stupid, people. Health comes first...

I have lip rings, but I don't wear jewelry that rubs my gums or teeth. I have to avoid most lip studs because the ones they sell are usually too long for my lips. But gum and tooth damage is not worth it.
>>
>>8854964
You're being judged harshly by society anyway, who cares? That being said, at least get some decent quality jewellery if you aren't going to flip your septum up/wear an eyebrow retainer - Industrial Strength septum clickers are gorgeous.
>>
Facial piercings look like shit, in and out of jfashion
>>
>>8854974
Typical 4chan opinion.
On every fucking board.
>>
There's no point in having threads like this here. It'll just get trolled to death and in will come the average 4chan tumblr hate
>>
>>8855013
>>8855026
its called a smiley piercing
>>
>>8854964
Gross and too many who don't take proper care which makes it double gross.
>>
it's a matter of case by case. OP pic and pretty much all of the other ones posted here look shit imo but I have no doubt it could work in gothic or possibly punk lolita if the latter ever had a revival. definite no for mori/larme from me, I would lean towards no in classic lolita.
I've been interested in getting either snakebites or a labret for 3-4 years now but I don't know if they'd actually look good on me (weird round/chub face shape and I dress quite plainly in regular life), plus I was still under the legal control of my parents until recently.
not a lot of people getting facial piercings take into account whether the piercing and jewellery actually fits their face and the occasion.
>>
>>8854964
If the piercing goes with it then it's fine, if it doesn't take it out and don't throw a tantrum about how judgemental and strict the fashion is.
Sweet lolita with a bullring will never look good
>>
>gets body modifications
>is worried that people will judge her and asks for validation on 4chan of all places

You're already being judged by everyone you meet, OP. The average person is going to think you're an immature 2edgy special snowflake anyway, so why does the opinion of a handful of girls on the internet matter to you? Seriously, if you can't grow a spine and are this worried about being ~judged~ you'd be better off taking those piercings out and letting your eyebrows grow back.
>>
>>8854983
oh my god like half of those are rejecting. She's gonna have SUCH bad scarring jesus christ.
>>
>>8855013
any piercing touching your teeth is going to erode your gums. It's why I took out my labret as much as I liked it. Not worth it, because gum decay is not reversible.
>>
I have septum and snake bites. I know many lolitas whith septums and i think they look good. Lunie actually inspired me to get septum. Also.i like those little petite rings, not big like in ops photo.
>>
Do what makes you happy. But I have to agree with some previous anons if you are asking here you probably won't be able to take when seagulls rip you apart.
As a heavily modified white girl with dreads, wearing freakishy frilly or crazy Jfash is just another Tuesday for me but maybe try sticking to more Western alt fashions where body mods are usually praised or at least less harshly judged.
>>
>>8854985
his piercings are really cute, but god his hair looks like a bunch of tarantulas crawling up his head
>>
>>8854964
It sounds like you overdid it with Tumblr trend piercings.
>>
>>8854964
disgusting
>>
>>8855401
CANNOT UNSEE
>>
In lolita you will be judged. I have dyed hair and you can see that the comments from lolitas are polarizing. Some people like it, others will say how shit it is. The more alternative you are, the more likely you will get shit on in lolita, because ironically this alt fashion has a lot of people who hate anything that is out of the norm. People tend to hate that septum piercing a lot in particular, but it depends on the jewelry.

But I think this is just a lolita thing, there isnt enough of a comm for any other jfash to compare, but most people dont give enough of a shit.
>>
>>8854999
God I usually wear stainless steel or titanium tunnels and once wore neon pink to a meet by accident (my coord was red and off white/cream) I was so embarrassed once I realised but everyone told me to calm down and you couldn't see them in pics because I was wearing a bonnet.
>>
>>8855460
Most people think septum piercing are ugly not because they're ~*too alternative*~ but because they make you look like a cow at best and someone with disgusting snot hanging from their nose at worst. I like most piercing but will never understand why people get their septum pierced.
>>
>>8855094
Actually not as they mostly use dermal piercings for that, not horseshoes.
>>
File: CZkG8iqVAAUBnie.jpg (79KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CZkG8iqVAAUBnie.jpg
79KB, 600x800px
>>
File: CR-98_eUAAAoW4K.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CR-98_eUAAAoW4K.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
>>
File: CIu00pJUkAIvxmm.jpg (57KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
CIu00pJUkAIvxmm.jpg
57KB, 590x590px
>>
>>8854964
I'm modded myself but fuck that septum looks fucking gross.
>>
>>8855626
I can't wear piercings, like my ears aren't even pierced because my skin can't handle it. My ears have tried to engulf a couple different pairs and I had to have them surgically removed.
Good assumption tho.

>>8855609
When does that ever work?
I know I've never changed my opinion based on what some stranger on the internet said... shit, I don't even change my opinion because of people I know.
Sorry but fuck what other people think. I can form my own opinions, I don't have to spout board culture. I'm aware I'm not completely autonomous, but jesus, come on.

Like the constant tattoo and piercing hate that goes across all boards comes off as a very regional thing and having been on this site since 2008, I've seen that a lot of people who post this kind of opinion are east coasters or people outside of the states.
Unnatural hair is considered gross on some boards, and sometimes here as well.

Like you enjoy this counter culture but how dare other people enjoy a different counter culture.
>>
Facial piercings look absolutely vile. Septums and eyebrows are gross but nothing is worse than the basic nose piercing. The ugly blunt ended stainless steel nose rings are so ugly it hurts.
>>
>>8855635
OP wondered if having piercings would make people in Jfashion judge her and this thread clearly confirmed that yes, it would. Clearly not everyone is as oblivious to others' opinions as you are. Why are you complaining? Because the 'hivemind' ITT doesn't agree with your personal opinion? Tough shit, welcome to the internet.
>>
>>8854964
honestly anon, it shouldnt matter what /cgl/ thinks. you do you and feel happy. people are going to judge you no matter what, its just how this and most communitys are. really, do whatever the hell makes you feel cute and just stop giving a shit about what anonymous people on the internet think.
>>
Metal in your face isn't cute. Most people won't see you as cute. But if you don't care, then do it anyway.
>>
Could work depending on the fashion. I don't think any piercings look good with lolita, but you could probably get away with a lot if you wore gurokawa.
>>
File: CIrYx1RVEAAl4yr.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CIrYx1RVEAAl4yr.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
>>8855725
There are lots of japanese lolitas wearing piercings tho, even with sweet but it's mostly lip ones as they can give your lips volume. The main issue is that the west doesn't have much of a great variety of cute piercings like the popular japanese piercing store http://www.roque.jp/ .
>>
File: large.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>
>>8855746
making someone cry isn't changing someone else's mind internet tough guy. you suck
>>
>>8855764
>http://www.roque.jp/
Thank you for showing me this site, anon.
>>
people can and will judge you, and to some extent they should. this is one of those 2edgy5me teen angst things that people regret when their older. to me it belongs in hard fashion like punk and goth even goth lolita (or that menhera thing), cause lets face it, it's body modification, it's painful, and it makes you look less cute, more grungy and less approachable.

i mean to each his own, but if you think you're gonna look like a pretty pink princess with a face full of metal you are mistaken. it has a stigma that won't really go away, and i think that it should stay that way.
>>
>>8855796
>it's painful
it really isn't. depends on where you get it, but most don't hurt any more than getting your ears pierced. which barely hurts at all, at least in my experience.

i mean i think it can look really cute if the jewelry is cute, but to each their own i guess.
>>
>>8855556
Because you are an ignorant cow moooooo
>>
>>8855764
Because in the west we put quality over cuteness with jewelery we put in our body
>>
>>8855796
All those 40yro+ people really grew out it by getting more piercings
Good point anon
>>
>>8854964
visual kei looks can be very complimented by facial piercings, but piercings with things that are "cute" or with lolita are just cancerous and belong in the darkest corner of tumblr
>>
>>8855890
>western piercing
>quality
Good joke, anon. You don't even need to get an education diploma to become a piercer in most western countriest, let alone the US.
>>
>>8855895
Depends, to glue gems on your face is very common with cute jfashion and that isn't too different from wearing gemstone piercings because they look the same on the surface.
>>
>>8855907
They were obviously referring to the jewelry itself, not the piercing process.

Though I have no idea if there actually is a difference in jewelry quality in the West vs Japan.
>>
>>8855910
a lot of people here don't like piercings because they have some visceral reaction to anything that makes them think "edgy", not because of any aesthetic reasons
>>
>>8854972
The eyebrows are oddly the only idea in this picture I really like. She could've made them lighter and drawn them better, though.
>>
>>8854983
I actually like all these piercings on her apart from the upper cheek/under eye ones, geez they look so awkward to me, everything else looks quite well balanced.
>>
Img from that site earlier

Holy fucking shit is this actually a thing? I feel like you would just be perpetually puking.
>>
>>8855019
dat harsh, punk ass aesthetic to cute factor ratio - ok this looks pretty amazing.
>>
>>8855796
hi, op here. my fashion sense on a daily basis is mostly trad goth/punk based, which is why i'm modded the way i am. my mods match how i look 95% of the time.

i never wore jfashion casually, nor am i currently trying to. it's just basically like a side/hobby type thing? if that makes sense
>>
>>8855941
I was refering to the jewelry too because shitty piercers sell shitty jewelry which isn't uncommon in the west, like regular Claire's staff being allowed to pierce with a piercing gun, something that's banned in a lot of countries.
>>
>>8855972
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uvula_piercing
>>
>>8855711
OP failed to mention where they live though so you can't just give them and answer like, yeah every contrarian faggot is gonna hate piercings cause that's the cool thing to think on 4chan, but none of the people posting here matter as a lot of them don't even stay and you don't know who they are unless they're dumb enough to trip or namefag.
It would make more sense to wonder what the people around you where you live think of piercings in jfash. Unless you don't go to meets and you actually care about what hive mind 4chan thinks.
>>
>>8854964
Looks like black boogers.
>>
>>8856034
Does anyone have anything new to say?
>>
>>8855977
right, i was just saying it has it's place, it works well with some things, but honestly there are others it just won't work that well with, and i think that's fine. it's when people try to force it and act like tumblr shits like >>8856013 that it becomes an issue. the stigmas it has are good, but it really doesn't work with everything. i'm a hime gyaru and i would look ridiculous with them.
>>
File: pink-blue-hair_td2acabdb.jpg (50KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
pink-blue-hair_td2acabdb.jpg
50KB, 600x400px
the 'stop being a teenage 2edgy tryhard' reaction is more cringy to me than some of the piercings that I personally dislike the look of. Not everyone that has piercings is trying to be edgy for gawdsakes, it's just one of many ways you can modify and adorn the human body. I mean, piercings aren't exactly all that 'edgy' are they(?), I don't think people always view others with piercings and think 'wow what a rebellious person', it's just jewellery, maybe some people just like the look of jewellery in slightly less typical locations. To me it's absurd in a way to see pierced ears, then see a pierced lip or whatever and then be all 'oh no way man, this is too much for me, now they've migrated from the ears I just can't handle it'. Weirder still when people embrace an alternative fashion at full force but then the addition of a couple of piercings makes them mad and inexplicably condescending, to the point where they end up doing that 'not like those other girls/guys' type shit.

There are lots of extra adornments that aren't considered appropriate in the workplace or wherever but that doesn’t put everything of that nature automatically in the try hard or edge category. Why get bent out of shape about the way people choose to express themselves; put on a fancy scarf, go for a walk in the park in a big frilly dress, slap on some piercings, whatever man, we cool.
>>
>>8856036
Ok, but it still looks bad.
>>8856086
Ok, but it still looks bad.
>>
>>8856091
>still looks bad

That's fine anon, you don't like it, you don't have to participate. It's not a definitive opinion however and never will be, same goes for the people that like them (which in turn means that people won't stop having this same tired-ass debate over and over).

Since the likelihood of changing anyone's opinion in either direction is unlikely, it makes sense if you like piercings to continue to wear them and or/appreciate them, and if you don't, then continue to not like them in the knowledge that they are likely never going to not exist, much less because of your opinion. Job done.
>>
>>8856113
>you don't like it, you don't have to participate.
Ex-fucking-cuse me? Are you saying only opinions that you find agreeable are allowed to participate? She asked how facial piercings look, good isn't the only answer.

Obviously the final answer is "do what you want" but isn't it bullshit if she only gets happy opinions after asking what everyone thinks of it?
>>
>>8855635
>Like you enjoy this counter culture but how dare other people enjoy a different counter culture.
Just because you have a "counter culture" does not mean our own culture should adapt to yours. Rather, you need to adapt to us. Piercings are not and will never be lolita. There's some j-fashions here that show them working okay. (Notice I didn't say would work great.)
>>
File: u061-006.png-1.jpg (168KB, 457x465px) Image search: [Google]
u061-006.png-1.jpg
168KB, 457x465px
I'm okay with ears pierced two times as long as the earrings look tasteful, choosing simple jewellery makes you look better.

When it comes to facial piercings i just think they are too much metal for one person or just retarded like those that are obviously used to compensate for not having a beauty mark or those septum ones that makes the people who uses them look like they want to hang upside down at a slaughter house.

Facial piercings makes me think the person is really unsecure about their looks and are trying too hard to be cool or tee hee I'm dark and twisted but totem kaguaii and sweet desu ka na, at least those are the ones I've seen, plus, they're usually seen as a trashy thing.
>>
>>8856153
>Rather, you need to adapt to us.
I know you mean lolita but you see why that sentence alone sounds ridiculous, I hope.
>>
I've got a nose ring, but it's very thin so a lot of the time I just forget it's there and I don't think anyone really notices it anyway. I take it out for cosplays and more elegant coords, but otherwise it's just part of my face now. I'm also pretty moderately tattooed, so I wear dance tights under whatever tights I've got for my coord, and try to wear long sleeved blouses or light cardigans to cover the ones on my arms.

I feel like if you're worried about being harshly judged, body modification might not have been the best choice for you in the first place friend.
>>
>>8856086
Could not have said it better.
>>
>>8855019
She looks like she's into DDLG BDSM. It only is decent (I guess?) because she has a cute and childish face.
>>
if youre tthat triggered by what others do to their faces i have just the website for ya....
>>
>>8856152
I think they meant participate as in 'wear them/ enjoy' etc anon. They seem to be agreeing with you.
>>
>>8857298
You're projecting quite a bit into a picture
Most people I know into ddlg don't have facial piercings
>>
>>8855883
Way to show that you're the more mature one here, anon.
>>
>>8856019
>asks 4chan for opinions
>"W-well who cares what 4chan thinks!"
Obviously OP does, why else would she ask here? She asked /cgl/'s opinion, she got /cgl/'s opinion. Don't cry because the answer isn't what you wanted to hear.
>>
Septum piercings make me feel like gagging for some reason. Even before I started thinking of septic tanks.

That aside, it looks grubby in sweet lolita, but works out okay in gothic.
>>
>>8857705
OP is long gone at this point.
>>
>>8854964
Those black things look like some kind of disgusting brain parasite escaping through her nose. Her expressions aren't helping.
>>
File: tumblr_mjgfbw849i1s7272lo1_500.jpg (74KB, 406x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjgfbw849i1s7272lo1_500.jpg
74KB, 406x640px
>>8856153
>Piercings are not and will never be lolita.
They have been for a long time already, more son in Japan. People seem to forget that piercing jewelry is more than silver ball studs.
>>
File: 7988481497_12521a9123_b.jpg (502KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
7988481497_12521a9123_b.jpg
502KB, 683x1024px
>>8857748
>>
File: 4353.jpg (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
4353.jpg
45KB, 600x800px
>>8857749
>>
>>8857751
>>
File: CNKrmDaUcAEpAf0.jpg large.jpg (93KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CNKrmDaUcAEpAf0.jpg large.jpg
93KB, 768x1024px
>>8857754
>>
>>8857764
>>8857754
>>8857751
>>8857749
>>8857748
I wish I could help dump but ty
>>
This shit is ugly and not kawaii at all. Take the staples and metal boogers out of your face, jesus christ.
>>
>>8856555
>comes onto a board called /cgl/ with mostly lolita to whine about piercings and body mods
>whines about it not being well liked on anon boards while posting on an anon board
I really hope you're joking. Go ahead and not adapt to either lolita or most of j-fashion and pierce your face up. You'll look like shit.
>>
I don't think any of the outfits posted here are helped by the piercings, even tho they're worn by glorious nipponese. It just makes them look a little bit uglier than they would have otherwise.
>>
>>8857748
Are you stupid? Please show me with any official source where it says piercings and body mods are lolita. You won't be able to find anything.
>b-but I have like 5 pictures here of j-fash girls with piercings
Do you think edgy kids don't exist in Japan or something?
>>
>>8857832
>implying lolita as whole isn't for edgy kids in Japan
Are you new?
>>
File: 081010_yuki.jpg (71KB, 688x333px) Image search: [Google]
081010_yuki.jpg
71KB, 688x333px
>>8857832
I never said piercings and body moods are lolita, doesn't mean you can't wear them with lolita as there are plenty shown in GLB, you know, the book who made up the "rules".
>>
>>8854964
Japanese goth, shironuri, angura-kei, visual-kei, punk, some decora.
But everyone who posts photos is judged. Wear retainers, draw your brows if you want to deflect some of the critique if you wear Lolita or another style not so accepting of your mods but otherwise just please yourself.
>>
>>8857832
Show me an official source for what is and isn't Lolita. There isn't one.
>>
>>8857853
Far right piercings look like pimples. Why would anyone pay to have pimples on their face, I wonder.
>>
File: 1454540657354.jpg (53KB, 743x581px) Image search: [Google]
1454540657354.jpg
53KB, 743x581px
Why people who hate body modifications are so angry about it? Why you just don't hide the thread and ignore people with body modifications? We have threads about tall lolitas, black lolitas, plus size lolitas, you name it. There is quite a few things that don't BELONG in lolita aesthetics but can work with it perfectly.

Oh yeah, probably these people hate body mods because their parents kept saying it nonstop it's bad mmkay when they were teenagers and wanted it, now they are ~too old~ for this they are frustrated.
>>
>>8857997
This isn't a body piercings thread. It's an opinion about body piercings thread. Of course there are going to be people sharing their opinions.

I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror.
>>
>>8858012
Good assumption but I don't have piercings, only earrings.
>>
>>8857846
Can you read?
>>
>>8858013
I was talking about your attitude, not what's attached to your body.
>>
>>8857997
Being tall or black isn't a choice and being fat can't be changed overnight, whereas body modifications are something you actually paid to do to yourself. Is that you, Isaki? Because no matter how many times you say that disliking tattoos is just like being racist, it doesn't make you sound any less idiotic.

>hurr they must dislike it bcus they jelly
No, I dislike most body mods because they look disgusting. OP asked for opinions and she got them. Why is this so hard to understand?
>>
who the hell cares, only you guys can have an argument about this meaningless shit seriously
>>
>>8858134
>Makes a thread asking about piercings in j-fashion on a board that has j-fashion.
>I don't actually want your opinions about my piercings in j-fashion.
>bahhh stop talking about it because I'm clearly wrong
>>
>>8854964
Left she looks stoned
>>
>>8858188
So?
>>
>>8855977
Just get some jewelry which match with the style. I wouldn't wear my classic looking watch with cyberpunk, even if I wear it on a daily basis otherwise.

Piercings, hairdye, tattoos and scarification, extreme nails, bodybuilding and waist training... It's all more or less bodymoding. Not everything is going to work with every style, obviously. You just need to work around it. Whether that is by wearing a wig, taking out your jewelry, swapping it for more appropriate ones, or just getting rid of/changing your mod entirely is up to how much effort you wanna put in.

>>8856153
>counter culture
>you need to adapt to our
>counter culture
Do you actually read what you type or?

I s2g what's with lolis and being offended at the very thought of the tiniest breeze disturbing the waters of their pond? Styles evolve, they shift and change. Especially styles which are based around being counter culture. Sure, there will always be people who prefer tradgoth to pastelgoth or gothic lolita, that doesn't mean those derivations aren't or can't be goth. And it won't make tradgoth any less goth either. Tradgoths just don't have to wear pastelgoth!
>>
>>8858217
So what is so lolita about metal spikes shoved in your face and pig nose rings? Please, do tell us how lolita should "evolve" and "adapt" to fit your special snowflake image of the fashion.
>>
>>8858222
Not even that anon, but read the first part of the post you just quoted.
>>
>>8858217
Okay, but no one cares about "tradgoths" and "pastelgoths" here. We're talking about lolita and j-fashion?
>also calling lolitas lolis
>>
>>8855019
I'm not offended by the piercings, I'm offended by that cheap ass head dress
>>
>>8858237
When I started into lolita fashion in 2005, lots of people called lolitas lolis. It was just a way to shorten it. Shit, everyone on egl did. I did, I still do sometimes because it's easier to type out. I'm guessing you must be new if you're bitching about ~omgz loli~
>>
>>8858222
What is so 'un-lolita' about them that you can't just politely say you don't prefer them and move along?
>>
>>8858753

Pastel goths are not lolita. At all. Neither are tradgoths. I hope you're kidding about your statement m8.
>>
>>8858756
read what that was a reply to, you walnut
(hint - it was about piercings being un-lolita, not the retarded slapfight about tradgoths which really should not belong here)
>>
>>8858756
retard
>>
>>8858083
>is that you x

kek good guessing but I am not part of any circlejerk
>>
>>8858237
What is a similie.
If you want your counter culture to actually be regarded as such rather than a costume, maybe treat it as a counter culture.
>>
>>8858751
Sure, you're such an oldfag. If you're really an ancient artifact of a lolita, you'd know that loli was considered cringe then as well, usually used by newfags on egl going "xD Hey mai loliz".
>>
God fucking damn. Why can't anyone here have a decent normal conversation without it being this hostile unnecessary bullshit?
>>
>>8858014
Different then you, yes because you answered your own question as lolita is an "edgy kids" fashion in Japan and thus piercings fit.
>>
File: Cag7E-0UMAAavhA.jpg (69KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cag7E-0UMAAavhA.jpg
69KB, 600x300px
>>
File: CZLjq0IUgAA-Ayv.jpg (94KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
CZLjq0IUgAA-Ayv.jpg
94KB, 480x640px
>>
File: CY7VG0mUMAAR25R.jpg (73KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
CY7VG0mUMAAR25R.jpg
73KB, 480x640px
>>
File: CWqd71zUYAEDcM8.jpg (103KB, 599x900px) Image search: [Google]
CWqd71zUYAEDcM8.jpg
103KB, 599x900px
>>
File: need this sweater.jpg (175KB, 538x810px) Image search: [Google]
need this sweater.jpg
175KB, 538x810px
>>8859789
what up anon I'm gonna help
>>
File: CZevJIMUUAAPdlD.jpg (145KB, 599x900px) Image search: [Google]
CZevJIMUUAAPdlD.jpg
145KB, 599x900px
>>
File: CZeBIq9UkAALvQD.jpg (82KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
CZeBIq9UkAALvQD.jpg
82KB, 600x719px
>>8859809
>>
File: CZU1MfPUAAUUEdm.jpg (51KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
CZU1MfPUAAUUEdm.jpg
51KB, 480x640px
>>8859803
Thanks, the easiest way to find people in jfashion with piercings is looking at the Twitter accounts of the piercing shops that are popular in Harajuku.
>>
File: CY7GYukVAAER4Sy.jpg (140KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
CY7GYukVAAER4Sy.jpg
140KB, 600x901px
>>
File: CY8LWbVUsAAaMNh.jpg (104KB, 600x721px) Image search: [Google]
CY8LWbVUsAAaMNh.jpg
104KB, 600x721px
>>8859826
>>
Lots of beautiful/cute pictures in this thread, but I still can't help but think that everyone posted ITT would look even more cute/beautiful without bits of metal protruding from their skin. I guess I'll never understand the appeal of piercings.
>>
File: CYguoqvUoAE8p1J.jpg (65KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
CYguoqvUoAE8p1J.jpg
65KB, 480x640px
>>
>>8855026
Even if it might hurt your teeth and gums, these is actually really cute. I dig it.
>>
>>8858756
I meant 'what is so very un-Lolita about piercings and other mods'. I did not write the goth comparison post. OP just asked for some j-fash styles that were more acceptable of piercings and body mods, not for people's opinions on them or place in western fashion styles. Few people have been very helpful and the thread pretty much degenerated into misunderstandings and critique. >>8857857 was my reply to OP.
>>
File: CXwa9ZRVAAAxnIm.jpg (115KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CXwa9ZRVAAAxnIm.jpg
115KB, 600x800px
>>8859833
Lip piercings seem to be the most popular because they can add volume to the lips and are less expensive than always getting injections. Then there are also piercings, like the Daith one that help, against pain because of the acupuncture placement (the one mentioned helps with migraine).
>>
Tbh I wouldn't mind them so much if people actually tried to coordinate their piercings with their outfit. There's so many cute pastel outfits with pastel hair, and then bam, silver pieces littering their face that sticks out like a sore thumb. Can't they wear pink or at least a more subtle color of piercing?
>>
>>8859841
anyone who uses the term m8 when arguing with you is just someone who's looking to argue, there is no point in trying with these people they are stubborn and just want to be hostile.
>>
Has anyone here had experience with plastic or resin piercings? I see a lot them being sold online and my body rejects all kinds of metal, I've tried surgical, non surgical and neither of them would stay, my skin grows over everything I put in it but I see such cute piercings online sometimes from Japan.
>>
>>8859891
Anon, your body is clearly telling you to stop trying to insert shit into your skin. Love yourself.
>>
>>8857676
obviously you can't usually determine what people are broadly into simply by looking at a few pictures, I also don't think it's very accurate to assume piercings=bdsm shit but I did find it kinda funny to scroll down to find it just so happens that she at the very least, seems to find bdsm themed imagery appealing >>8859803
>>
>>8858751
It was loligoth in the uk, another oldfag here.
I think the body mod issues are young american fussy ladies still living at home not realising the roots of the style.
>>
>>8855019
kuua definitely looks better than morino
>>
>>8857749
if this girl was not on tokyofashion she'd be in the ita thread. Post good lolita examples, not this shit.
>>
>>8859830
Does she have... dermals on her neck that look like a vampire bite? That's actually a pretty cute concept, I dig that.
>>
>>8859891
Stop buying shitty 'surgical' metal online/from crappy piercing shops. Surgical isn't a protected term, any company can claim their metal is 'surgical'.
Look for implant grade titanium. Look up the AAP and buy from piercer certified by them or order online from body art forms. You want the brands anatometal/industrial strength/neometal/BVLA.

Don't put crappy plastic in your body. Love yourself.
/endrant
>>
>>8854999
This!
>>
in my opinion they can be rather cute as long as it's kept simple, like one or two in the lips or an extra set in the earlobes. too many can create a cluttered appearance and distract from the rest of you.
>>
>>8860843
Okay I've never bought anything online in the past, I only ever bought from shops that had someone certified to pierce. I can't even pierce my ears, but I should still use titanium?
4k gold wouldn't even last in my ears when I was a kid.
>>
>>8860260
That pic is gurokawa tho, she's not necessarily into that the same way I'm not into killing people when I wear shirts that say murder on them...
>>
>>8859968
>Love yourself.
Talk about tumblrina shit. No and fuck off.
>>
>>8860290
Thiiiiiis.
>>
>>8860326
You have ridiculously high standards. Why in your opinion should we only listen to gulls about fashion and not the people who started it? Why are people always discrediting brands and pictures of actual street fashion?
Like I get being skeptical but a lot of people here are clearly stuck up.
>>
>>8861066
>thinking "love yourself" is a tumblr thing
Can we get these edgy fucking fifteen-year-olds out of here already?
>>
>>8861201
You're right, it's more like a ghetto instagram thing that normie kids say to each other.
>>
>>8861058
Yeah but 4 carat gold is mainly composed of crap and probably plated! If you want gold you want 12k solid gold minimum.

Implant grade titanium is designed to be bio compatible so your body doesn't reject it so is definately your best bet.
Don't just go to a 'certified' piercer make sure they're APP certified.
If that sounds too hard for you Body Art Forms has a lot of decent jewelry for sale on their website. Look under 'premium titanium/steel.
>>
>>8861425
>If that sounds too hard for you
I mean it's not number one on my list of things to do right now, but thanks for the info because it'd be nice to have something.
>>
>>8859891
You mean plastic/resin jewellery right? The piercing is the hole in your body, the jewellery is the stuff that gets put in it. Either way, don't ever use it as initial jewellery - it isn't able to be sterilised/autoclaved and you're just asking for infection. This anon here >>8861425 knows their shit, look for an APP member if you can not someone who's just "certified" - this can be difficult if you're outside the US though.
>>
>>8854964
She looks like a dirty pig.
>>
>>8861061
reading comprehension anon, does you has it?
>>
>>8861733
Wait, was it the same model? I can't tell because of my racism. No seriously, a lot of the asians people post here look similar.
>>
>>8861071
Different anon, but privileging Japanese lolitas as the arbiters of the fashion is why the western community is never going to be anything more than an attempt at cosplaying Japanese girls rather than an actual fashion.
>>
>>8861737

>>8855019
>>8857751
>>8857754
>>8857764
>>8859803

This is the same girl. She just makes use of different angles, filters, wigs covering parts of her face etc to create different looks.
>>
>>8856152
Damn, if that's what you think they meant then you are dense as fuck. Anon meant that if you don't like piercings then you don't have to get them, sheesh.

>inb4 but I'm esl no bully!!!
>>
>>8855979
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uvula_piercing

There is an embedded link in the article for cocklust but it brings you to the wiki page for thirsty. Not sure if mistake or...
>>
>>8861830
So either no one has authority on the matter and the rules mean nothing or someone is in charge of what you can and can't wear.
Which is it.
>>
File: fgvsdvfd.png (817KB, 582x593px) Image search: [Google]
fgvsdvfd.png
817KB, 582x593px
I hate this so much.
>>
>>8857748
Piercings aren't lolita, they just happen to be there sometimes. Nobody gets piercings for the express reason of wearing it with lolita the same way you would buy a lolita dress for the express reason of wearing lolita only.
>>
>>8855054
You literally posted this on 4chan.
>>
File: 1452517668197.jpg (6KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
1452517668197.jpg
6KB, 378x378px
>>8857832
>official source
>>
>>8864662
Old news
>>
>>8865223
Okay, but not everyone here needs to be a repetitive twat
>>
>>8865303
The truth hurts doesn't it?
>>
>>8859803
Anyone know where that sweater is from? Need it with a fucking passion.
>>
>>8866160
Its a menhera sweater, go to the menhera/gurokawa thread here >>8863183
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.