[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 31

Old thread >>8843741

Sweet lolita >>8853181
Gothic lolita >>8847831
Bodyline >>8814807
Closet of Frills >>8853727
Dream dress >>8848329
Oldschool >>8816742
Online comms >>8853307
Lolita comms >>8844414
Social media >>8836853
EGA/Aristocrat >>8729403
BST >>8849295
Handmade lolita >>8823500
Dress close ups >>8846844

Lolita Guidebook
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/
>>
Boystyle >>8837877
>>
Is anyone else getting the add for 'Hello Bones Jones'?
>>
for some reason I decided to visit fa and it was horrible. cleanse me gulls
>>
>>8854625
no, i am getting an ad for "Cosmetics" though.

honestly it would be a cool idea for gulls to buy ad space on 4chan, i am more likely to support a gull business, especially if they are active here and post WIPs and such. a bunch of gulls bought from Hello Bones Jones recently when she posted her stuff to an indie thread, if i am thinking of the right person
>>
>>8854655
wait, now i see it!

thanks for supporting 4chan, fellow gull
>>
>>8854543
I also forgot classic lolita >>8851037

goddamn it, me
>>
>>8854655
yeah I went to that 'Cosmetics and whatnot' store it looked terrible.
>>
File: kera_bssb.jpg (213KB, 800x1202px) Image search: [Google]
kera_bssb.jpg
213KB, 800x1202px
>>8854654
Here you go. Stare at this until symptoms subside.
>>
>>8854728
thank you anon. I also fondled some of my dresses.
>>
A seller has used someone else's proof picture in their listing, when I brought it up they cited 'poor camera quality' as their reason why but failed to mention this in their listing. They have no feedback on LM though their external non-lolita feedback (ebay) is fine (had to request this). Despite having their country of residence listed in one area, their ebay is for another country and their postage quotes were from another's postal service.

Am I being paranoid? I feel quite rude asking her for more pictures with one including her user name and item, since people using proof pictures that they didn't take is usually a no-no, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
>>
>>8854774
this sounds ultra sketchy
>>
>>8854774
They could have listed a random username on ebay for feedback, I wouldn't trust them anon. Get more proof, possibly message the username on ebay to confirm.
>>
>>8854774
nah that sounds sketchy as hell anon, there's no good reason to use someone else's proof picture as your own. it's called a proof picture for a reason. contact whatever mod possible and if it's LM maybe ask LSE mods if you can post a warning on there or something. (cause LM mods have been totally absent as of late apparently)
>>
What is this type of top called (the tank top looking part specifically)? I have a few skirts that I want to have the illusion of being a jsk, so I looked up bustier +different lolita words for inspiration, but I'm just getting lingerie. This was the only actual shirt I saw, but it's an actual shirt, not a fake jsk top. These are bustiers right? Or, are there any brands with something similar that I can look for?
>>
>>8854818
Yes, I believe they're called bustiers (baby called their Sonnet for Juliet one a corset). Brands have released a few, if you search with 'bustier' as the keyword you should get a few hits
>>
>>8854859
>>8854818
Sorry, meant to say search on lolibrary.
>>
>>8854861
Thanks! It didn't even occur to me just search lolibrary instead.
>>
>>8854818
Baby/AatP, IW, and Meta have all made them pretty regularly. I can't think of any that AP has done recently, but they probably exist.

As for off/indie brands, Anna House used to do them in cotton as "sleeveless blouses" sometimes, and I think that F+F has done quite a few as well. I personally have three from AatP, two from Baby, one from IW, one from Excentrique, and two from Meta, and the ones I like best are the AatP ones. The Meta ones are more comfortable, but not as flattering/convincing as a "JSK Top" when paired with a skirt.
>>
Funny story, I thought my debit card number was stolen and was freaking out. Turns out either my bank or Paypal translates poorly. They labeled the transaction with "ZHU BEIBI-,ZASUTA-ZUSHAINBURAITO/I". If only international customers use Paypal, why put it in Japanese?
>>
>>8855091
that is weird, lol. get it together "beibi-"
>>
Whats the consensus with Dolluxe and their Gothic Lolita wig line?
>>
>>8855118
People hate them for racist stuff. Their quality is hit or miss. I've bought wigs from them and I like them alot. But quality honestly varies though. Their lashes are really nice though.
>>
>>8855121
I'm asking because I'm interested in their Bijou for a coord and didn't want to make a $45 mistake when I really can't afford to. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>8855125
I would say to watch for certain colors. I usually buy the medium/light blonde mix or whatever and the strands are really nice and pretty, but i once bought one of their strawberries and cream colored wigs and it was total shit. It honestly is a hit or a miss. I much prefer them to Lockshop though.
>>
>>8855148
I was actually looking at their light blonde one so yeah that works out great. I'll be sure to avoid the others.
>>
late to the game but is anyone else disappointed by Btssb's Marie Antoinette print?
>>
Does anyone know what happened to Bunny House? Their FB hasn't been updated in ages. I wanted to buy one of their pettis but I get the feeling they're inactive.
>>
>>8855165
search them on FB, they have 2 different facebook pages. I think they said they got locked out of the other one somehow or something like that but yeah there's 2. they're definitely still in business cause I literally just ordered a blouse from them like a month ago
>>
>>8855165
I just bought a petticoat from them last month. So they're definitely still around, anon!
>>
>>8855171
>>8855177

Oops I think I have their old page liked, and I just found their other one. Thank you!
>>
>>8855157
I would like this so much better if they didn't include Marie Antoinette in the print.
>>
>>8855157

I wish I hated it, I already have my money set aside for AP's baked sweets, and then this beauty showed up...I shouldn't get both but I'll likely cave.
>>
Any tips for strange complaints from buyers?

I'm so stressed about my first big sale. Buyer says there is orange makeup stains on the collar. There was nothing when I sent it out, and going over my proof picture I took before shipping, I don't see any stains! She claims it might be makeup, but I don't wear any makeup on my neck at all, and my skin tone is almost pure white!

If it escalates to a claim - any tips? The buyer had one feedback that only says pleasant transaction.
>>
>>8854774
Nope- Sketchy as fuck.

Shitty camera quality isn't an excuse, ask for a time and date stamp with the dress.
Is it a rare dress?
>>
>>8855255
might be sweat stains?
>>
>>8855255
Are they asking for partial refund or is it just a complaint?
I would ask for photos of the stain and compare the area with my original selling photo.
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 738x511px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 738x511px
>>8855267
There's no way it's sweat stains.

>>8855273
She sounds like shes asking for a refund, waiting on pictures.

I would feel so shitty if it's something I missed. I just don't see how when I checked it over so carefully. Pic related is where the supposed big orange stain is.
>>
>>8855255
Ask for her to provide proof
>>
>>8855279
Maybe she wore it and stained it and wants you to cover for her mistake
>>
>>8854927
Dear Celine also did one recently.
>>
>>8855118
I've owned a couple of their older styles, one was very good but one was a bit shit. Their newer designs are mostly a lot worse and you can get better for the price. They're also associated with all the John Leigh drama and disliked for that reason.
>>
>>8855392
(what a bitch!!!!)
>>
Didn't want to make an entirely new thread so posting here.

Rufflecon sent out their emails today about registration and price info is now available up on the website since I know I and other first-time gulls were wondering about how much it cost.

$50 = a day
$80 = a weekend
and then there are $200 and $400 special tickets that include everything up to having a private meal with the guests. Only 5 of those private meal tickets though.

http://www.rufflecon.org/registration
>>
>>8855157
Not disappointed at all. Tbqh, the print will be better than AP's Antoinette Decoration print.
>>
How long do you gulls hold onto dresses you love that don't quite fit? I have some things I know I need to sell but can't bare the thought to get rid of it, how do I let go?
>>
>>8855687

I understand this feel. Unless you are actively working to slim down to fit into a dream dress, I feel like you'll eventually come to terms with selling them off.

I had dresses like this, the cuts just didn't flatter me (thanks Innocent World) and when I found myself wearing my other dresses more, and the ones that didn't fit me quite right collecting dust, I just sold them so I could buy more comfortable dresses. I feel like you'll come around when you realize what a waste of space they are, and when you want funds for something better that comes along.
>>
I want to buy a JSK from this seller on LM but she doesn't have any feedback on her page. After some digging around, I noticed that she had sold one item before, and the buyer was a reputable buyer. Would it be weird if I contacted the buyer to ask if the seller is a legit seller or not?
>>
>>8855243
technically they didn't,that's just a random illustration. They did put a drawing of the necklace that helped ruin her life in it though.
>>
>>8855534
the deluxe ones also now include tea party tickets, fyi. anons in a previous thread were miffed they did not.
>>
>>8855687
My dream dress is a bit snug on me but I can't stand the thought of letting it go. Even worse, I had my BC changed recently so the bust is even tighter now. I'm thinking I may have to cut my losses and settle for a different cut because there's no sense holding onto a dress that's uncomfortable. It took me about 2 years to come to that realization.
>>
>>8855782

>BC made boobs bigger

I gotta vent about this too. Heck, I've been off my pill the last two months and they've barely shrunk. I eat pretty healthy and get my exercise, and my weight hasn't fluctuated too much so I'm at a loss on how to get rid of them. I hate sports bras and binders.

Parents said I might have just matured a bit and they probably filled out on their own. I used to be a 34B now I'm a 36C...I want to be small chested again ;_;
>>
>>8855687

There's also a couple of other options, you can try looking for the other cuts of the same print and see if those fit you. The designs might not be as nice as what you got now, but having a dress you can wear is better than one you can't.

Alternatively, if it's a dress you really want to keep, you can try taking it to a tailor's and see if it can be altered to fit.

If you can't/won't alter the dress to fit and you're not actively slimming down, then you're better off selling the dress and finding something else that fits. At this point in lolita there's quite a lot of dresses that look similar, so there's the option of looking for something that's different but kind of looks similar instead.
>>
>>8855687
I only sold one of my dream prints that was never going to fit me in any of the cuts after something else came up and I needed to find some money pronto. Still sad but hey, at least I got something else to make up for it.
>>
>>8855803
That's a big jump in size. I'm stuck on the pill because of PCOS and the brief moment I was off my meds, my boobs didn't shrink at all and I gained weight everywhere else. I'm tired of having my prescription switched around (my health insurance stopped covering the type that works best for my condition) because it tends to increase my bust size.
>>
Has anyone ever bought from the SS/shop Little Star? They look like a reseller but I'm not sure if they're also a replica maker?
>>
>>8855687
This is me right now. I have a BNWT dress from AP and it used to fit me when I tried it on but not anymore cause of BC which caused a bit of weight gain but after months of dieting and working out, it's just not going to fit on my waist by just a few cms.

I just came to the realization that if I mod it, I won't be as happy having it so I am going to sell it since it could go to someone who would actually wear it unlike me. Took me 2 years to realize this and I am barely going to put the dress up for sell. I rather have the money to buy another dress that fits me than have one sitting in the closet collecting dust.
>>
Does anyone know what happened with Merry Bunny ?, I can't find it, is not in the original print series anymore.
>>
>>8855803
My boobs also grew like crazy when I went on BC. I went from a 34C to a 36DD. I had to shell out money for a binder just to fit in my coords again.
>>
>>8855157
Reminds me of that Utena print we're never getting OTL
>>
>>8855118
>>8855125
>>8855153

I like the dolluxe lashes. The wigs suck. You can't brush through them and the wig fibers aren't soft. Bijou light blonde
was the last wig I bought from them and it was awful. You could see straight through the back of it. I would avoid them anon.
>>
>>8855803
>>8855880
I'm just about to begin BC and this is scaring me to death ;_; I'm already at 93cm boobs, so I really really hope they don't go any bigger
sage for OT
>>
>>8854625
I am. It looks like someone in Australia is getting in on that brooch market... Except all the designs are pretty much copies of pepfox. Fancy cat, badger... Ect
>>
>>8855891
Do you have pics I can see of it?
>>
>>8855860
They are just a Taobao reseller/shopping service. If you see a replica on their page it's from a Taobao shop.
>>
Why have the last like three goddamned threads neglected to link the coord thread?

>>8835695
>>
Anyone have recommendations for petticoats other than Bunny House or Melikestea?
Bought a petti from BH but its seriously deflated in a couple of months. And MLT isnt taking orders until March.
>>
>>8855939
They're in Aus?

I like the flower-headed girls, if I'm honest.
>>
Ok I have a question about the upcoming nameless poem preorder
I'm 5"11 and I want to buy it, but I don't want it to be too short (like a lot of dresses are) I'm super enticed by the option to go for the XL size because of the 100cm length (and the arms will be the right length too - absolute joy)

However the 106cm bust and 96cm waist would be absolutely massive on me. I would literally be swimming in it. My bust is 86cm and my waist is 71 cm for comparison. That's closer to the measurements for the small size, but I had my heart set on it to be long on me for once.

I can't decide whether to suck it up and get a small or medium (for comfort's sake) and have it a bit shorter and continue to feel like I'm not doing lolita 'right', or if I should get a large and risk fucking it up with sewing and whatnot.
I'm not the best at sewing and I wouldn't have time for it anyway, and I don't have any tailors/friends with sewing knowledge that I trust or would want to spend extra money on to make the dress fit me.
I know a lot of people have this dress so I'm just wondering what my best option would be. Does it run long? Is it very roomy even in smaller sizes? Am I doomed to have my knees on show every time I wear lolita?
>>
>>8855975

Has anyone bought from them before? Are they reputable?
>>
>>8855860
>>8856068
Yes, I have several times as has my friend. Their english isn't exactly the greatest (they speak spanish) and while I did get all my stuff, my friend had to remind them several times to send them the things they ordered. As in they would legit "forget" they had stuff. She always did get it eventually though.
Bottom line, while their selection is comparable to MLD or other resellers you're better off either using a taobao SS or ponying up a bit extra for the convenience of MLD.
>>
>>8856048
Vgd on ebay does the job but it isnt pretty
>>
>>8856125
Victoriangirldress, sorry. I just went to find a link for you & their ebay is down for me.
>>
>>8856130
It's closed down I think. Not sure what happened though, they were doing so well.
>>
>>8856062
At your height you should consider investing in an underskirt because you're just going to keep running into the same problem. It is a little long, due to the fact that it looks most flattering with low poof, and is roomier than the measurements suggest. If an underskirt isn't an option just go for the long length and have it tailored to your size when you get it.
>>
>>8856130
Yeah, I tried looking for them too but I saw they had nothing there.
>>8856140
Closed down? Dang I was hoping they had just removed their listings during CNY like other ebay sellers have done.
>>
File: Bijou.png (845KB, 1208x734px) Image search: [Google]
Bijou.png
845KB, 1208x734px
>>8855950

Yep. Here's the back of my Bijou wig. It took me 2 weeks to get the return started. Customer service was slow but once I got a hold of someone they were nice and quick about it. Still, I haven't wanted to buy another GLW wig since.
>>
>>8856239
Fuck yeah that's bad. Are there any other wig shops you can recommend that carry a similar style?
>>
>>8856247
I personally like Lockshop wigs...but they don't have a style similar to that one. Maybe they'll make another short style since Summer is coming up.
>>
>>8856269
Don't buy Lockshop, Choke is a scammer.
>>
>>8856278
Your blood is going to boil now. Lockshop opened up a USA site.
>>
When does AP typically announce the exact date of their releases? Is it just a few days before?
>>
>>8856269
have you seen what they have at Lolita Collective?
>>
I'd like to know: why are different shades of the same color often frowned upon when they're used in the same outfit?
I think that using different shades looks fine when they're not too crazy in difference.
>>
>>8856286
Uh, doesn't Chokelate infamously shit on American customers?
>>
>>8856299
See for yourself http://lockshopwigsusa.com/
>>
>>8856278
I've bought a lot of her wigs. I've never got scammed. You sound like you have a vendetta anon.
>>
>>8856269
>>8856278
I feel very conflicted about Lockshop now. I bought 2 wigs, a starlet in gunmetal and a sweetheart in vanille and when I got them I was super impressed and really liked them. The color was good, fibers were nice, and the wig seemed pretty thick. But then I bought a bohemian wig in black from their Lolita Collective stock and it was almost like an entirely different brand of wig? I'm not sure if it was the nature of the style or not, but it was thinner and also WICKED shiny. The two wigs I bought direct from them look pretty natural but I'm not sure if maybe it is the nature of the color either? I was just kinda disappointed when I got it and tried it on. And then in addition to choke fucking around and ignoring customers with problems lately has totally turned me off, which makes me sad because the 2 wigs I bought direct from them were so nice.

Any other wig places that you guys like for lolita? I'm thinking about trying something from Cyperous, but it seems like most of the japanese and korean brands have only natural colors and I'm interested in the occasional wig with a bit of color or something that's a "different" color like gray or silver. I've found a couple decent ones off taobao but I'm not sure which stores are best - I've found some just randomly looking around but they were a bit thin once I received them.
>>
File: honeytxt_large.jpg (44KB, 321x480px) Image search: [Google]
honeytxt_large.jpg
44KB, 321x480px
Did their hair source change or something? These look a lot shinier than I remember.
>>
>>8856315
Well, she might not be too far off desu - recently apparently people having issues with their orders have had a very hard time getting in contact with her, either being ignored or told on Facebook they'll get to it and then they never hear anything back. She also has closed posting on lockshop's fb wall which was the main way people could ever get a response from her if they had an issue.
Dunno how true it is that she's a scammer but girl needs a lesson in customer service desperately.
>>
>>8856315
When did you buy from Lockshop last, anon? This has been a more recent issue. Lockshop hasn't always had these problems.
>>
>>8856315
Have you not been keeping up with recent news? Wigs orders mysteriously being charged and never being shipped? Fake tracking numbers being issued? Negative comments about this on the page being mysteriously deleted?

Sure, if you actually GET your wig you might be okay. Otherwise you're screwed.
>>
>>8856321
I feel like Lockshop quality changes everytime she switches factories. Bohemian is probably from the factory that gave her quality issues.

I've heard brightlele was nice but you need a tenso to order from there. Everytime I've bought a taobao wig the bangs and back are so thin.
>>
>>8856297
nitpickers gonna nitpick.
>>
>>8856297
as long as you aren't mixing undertones it doesn't look weird
>>
How are Dreamholic wigs, on the topic of wig alternatives?
>>
>>8856324
I'm very sure these are from her newest factory. Everything on the USA site (except for the bob style I think) are the newest batches.
>>
>>8856338
I would like to hear reviews of Dreamholic wigs as well. Any anons have some?
>>
File: fiftyshadesofshit.png (355KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
fiftyshadesofshit.png
355KB, 500x390px
>>8856337
This. Mixing shades is not frowned upon, mixing undertones is. Pic very related.
>>
>>8856345
bril can barely coordinate to save her life so I'm not surprised that she doesn't know how to not mix undertones. everything she wears is a set or is something safe.
>>
>>8856330
Are you joking? Having hit-or-miss quality and shit customer service has been a Lockshop trademark from the get-go.
>>
>>8856345
This coord always makes me sick to my stomach
>>
>>8856348
briz not bril, damn it
>>
>>8855157
Nope. It's pretty much exactly my aesthetic. I caved and put in an order with a SS even though I wasn't going to buy anything for a while.

The shoes are my favorite part of the series desu.
>>
>>8856269
I just really need a short curly pale blonde wig for my coord and it's insane how hard it is to find one.
>>
>>8856345
>those warm shit brown shorts
>>
>>8856297
It bugs some people, others are fine with it. If everything else in the coord is good, it's almost always dismissed as 'nitpick'.
>>
>>8856335
It's not even that, even within runs form the same company you'll hear people on both sides of it. A friend and I both bought mermaid wigs from her at the same event and hers was nice and full while might was thin and shedding like crazy. I wish we'd thought to take photos side by side, the quality difference was ridiculous. I wore it once and then pawned it off on another girl in my comm because I just wanted to get rid of it.
>>
>>8856062
I'm 5'11" and I own the size M from the first release. My measurements are 89 and 65 cm and the length looks totally fine on me when I wear tights. For reference, I have equally proportioned legs to torso.
>>
>>8856349
Then the better question is why are some people defending Lockshop like it was different before? I don't follow Choke or her shitty attention whore tripfagging here, so forgive me.
>>
>>8856356
how short? i have their Prince Vanille from Lolita Collective (not sure if it is still there), which goes to around chin length. i got it for ouji but it is very fluffy and feminine. i think it would work for lolita.
>>
>>8856345
Okay so, the shade of the vest and the blouse are fine because they're warm browns but the cool brown of the shorts is what stands out as bad, am I getting this right?
>>
>>8856365
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she's here just trying to spread confusion to make anybody talking negatively about lockshop look less credible. She's been less than subtle about whiteknighting herself on cgl in the past and it's backfired pretty badly, this would be a much smarter move.
Alternatively: newfags who don't know better. They think things are different only because they've just begun to notice the problem.
>>
>>8856366
They only have black prince wigs left. I just checked the lolita collective's stock.
>>
>>8856365
Why did people defend Marie until she went off the deep end and disappeared?
Why do people still defend the Leigh's even with so much proof of their misspending and bad behaviour in other communities?
Why do people still buy from Milanoo?
Why do scammers so often get away with shit for months before things come to a head?

When people haven't had an individual/business fuck them over, personally, they'll often keep supporting them until it does happen, despite complaints or people saying otherwise. There's always a cry to give them the benefit of the doubt, because people don't like to believe that they got lucky, or that they got duped.
>>
>>8856366
Longer than chin length but not past the shoulders is ideal.
>>
>>8856368
Yep. This is personal preference but I hate the vest in this coordinate too because while it's not as glaringly awful, it's still not right. From a distance it looks okay, but up close it's just...eugh
>>
>>8856378
You could try Lockshop's Sweetheart wig, but it might be slightly longer than you want.
>>
>>8856336
>>8856337
>>8856345
>>8856359
>>8856379
Okay, I get it now. Thanks, gulls.
>>
>>8856368
The blouse is a cool brown and the vest is probably somewhere inbetween but the shorts have a yellow tone to them which throws everything off. The vest and blouse aren't perfect together but they would work better if the colours were spread out from the bottom down.
>>
>>8856384
nina just shh
>>
>>8856370
I honestly believe that. She was caught very recently on another board causing drama around Kate when she should've been shipping out orders and replying to customers. I can't fucking stand how she thinks that's acceptable.
>>
>>8856345
>fiftyshadesofshit.png
>>
>>8856391
Not nina, but I can see why you'd think that.
>>
>>8856374
>When people haven't had an individual/business fuck them over, personally, they'll often keep supporting them until it does happen, despite complaints or people saying otherwise. There's always a cry to give them the benefit of the doubt, because people don't like to believe that they got lucky, or that they got duped.

This. Just take a look at the drama and debate within the makeup community over Limecrime. A large solid group of people who have gotten fucked over or knew about the owner and her antics before she started LC vs. a solid fanbase who who will kiss her ass no matter what because they happened to receive decent products and have avoided any bad experiences so far defending anything and everything she does.

You can apply this to all sorts of situations really - think of the parents whose precious child gets in trouble. They always proclaim that they're amazing little god's gift could never have done such a thing even when faced with evidence that they did. People will defend something if they feel strongly about it and lolita in particular is a hobby filled with drama queens and girls with strong opinions whose word is bond.
>>
>>8856337
I'm sorry but... undertones? The fuck is that?
Inb4 Google it. Context applies to coords here.
>>
>>8856392
I'm glad you saw that too, anon. People want to think that she's perfect and she's okay with lying to them to keep them thinking that, but every once in a while she slips up and it's really obvious that she's got some major priority issues, as well as a sour personality all around.
>>
>>8856402
literally google it though. colors have undertones. brown is not just brown. undertones are what people are talking about when they say warm brown, cool brown, etc. you also hear it in makeup. like literally google it you lazyass, not that hard. undertones only means 1 thing and color coordination is not a new idea in lolita.
>>
>>8856402
"Undertone" in color theory refers to how "warm" or "cool" a color is. Here's a link for you.
http://www.sensationalcolor.com/understanding-color/theory/understanding-undertones-color-success-060#.VrqfO7IrKM8
>>
>>8856374
Speaking of Marie, didn't Marie do the same thing? Branch out to the USA without taking care of the original One Day in Paradise shop?
>>
>>8856413
She also supposedly liquidated her USA stock through the Lolita Collective. They still carry some of the blouses and shit she made.

Let that sink in for a bit.
>>
>>8856413
Yes.
http://the-lolita-collective-usa.myshopify.com/collections/one-day-in-paradise
>>
>>8856392
>>8856403
Was it the farm?
>>
>>8856413
>>8856414
>illuminati confirmed
>>
>>8856384
Yeah that one is too long. Damnit. I'll keep searching.
>>
>>8856418
Yes. It was in the first Kate thread, which is still viewable. Ctrl + F "nina".
>>
>>8856423
I just find it hilarious that Lolita Collective was tied to both in the middle of drama involving unfulfilled orders, and that ODIP and Lockshop were tied to each other originally.

Coincidental, sure. Or TLC is just remarkably naive in their choice of businesses to support.
>>
>>8856414
Oh. Well I just realized I have one of those petticoats.
>>
>>8856407
>undertones only means 1 thing
Wow
>>
>>8856410
Thank you anon
>>
>>8856472
No problem. It's a fair question to ask, especially if you don't have any prior experience in color theory. If you're up for a more interesting and theoretical read, check this out too:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2976405/Could-ancestors-blue-Ancient-civilisations-didn-t-perceive-colour-didn-t-word-say-scientists.html
>>
>>8856469
That anon is wrong about that but don't ignore that you were too retarded to Google it yourself - of the definitions that come up the only one that could possibly apply to lolita is the definition about color.
>>
>>8856432
>and that ODIP and Lockshop were tied to each other originally
wait what?
>>
>>8856493
ODIP bought wigs from Lockshop when it was first starting up. The hime wigs. They arrived unstyled and Marie cracked it publicly on Nina. When she didn't get a refund, she tried to sell the wigs super cheap while slagging off Lockshop in the post. The mods told her off, and the irrelevant info was deleted.

There are caps of the story on GetoffEGL.

This situation is what led to the later antagonism between Choke and ODIP with regards to the Lief "exclusive" order.
>>
>>8855803
My change was about the same, they went back after a year or so
>>
>>8856333
>Wigs orders mysteriously being charged and never being shipped?
>Fake tracking numbers being issued?
okay the negative comments being deleted is dumb of her too but there's literally no excuse for these two
what the fuck
>>
>>8856539
This doesn't make sense. Don't you pay for the wigs with paypal? If the tracking doesn't update or goes nowhere then paypal will issue you a refund.
>>
>>8856484
>don't ignore that you were too retarded to Google it yourself
Sorry but I get really sick and tired of being told to google things all the time when sometimes google doesn't give you the right answer in the right context. BTW the first result for Undertones is a fucking band. Obviously I would rule that out but god damn, google is NOT the answer for everything.

Yes, I get in this context it was referring to color, but I was also unsure and given that google isn't a person who knows what I'm talking about, I didn't want to just google things and expect to understand immediately. I thought after seeing that picture of the girl in the vest that it might be about texture undertones which is also thing if all undertones means is the undertone of apart of something else.
>a quality, meaning, etc., that is present but not clear or obvious

That's like a metaphor for this entire conversation!
THANKS FOR CALLING ME A RETARD I AM PANTS ON HEAD RETARDED YES I KNOW
>>
>>8856561
>ignoring that this is happening at all
>>
>>8856562
anon, you got your answer, just calm down and ignore them......
>>
>>8856562

No dear, you're an entitled gen strawberry newbie who wants to be spoonfed.

If google doesn't give you the answers, lurk moar. Faget.

cgl isn't for newbies. Go post your question on egl where they're actually supposed to be nice to you.
>>
>>8856561
I mean, yeah. But even so, who cares? It's still something that she's doing - whether or not paypal gives you a refund she shouldn't be doing and it's happened to multiple people so far. The main issue here isn't just refunds - it's that Choke doesn't know how to run her business anymore.
>>
File: tumblr_o2b9dpHVIn1qahsqho1_1280.jpg (161KB, 1280x838px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2b9dpHVIn1qahsqho1_1280.jpg
161KB, 1280x838px
Just tweeting this shit is cringey enough, but then she had to go and post the cap on tumblr with the caption:

"Are you ready for Valentine’s Day?
Cause I am ^_−"

Dear Lor,

At this point, you're only miserable because you want to be miserable. The sooner you get over yourself, the sooner you might start growing to be the kind of person that people can stand to be around. You're pushing everyone that cares about you away with this self-depreciating, bitter horseshit and soon not even the edgy tumblr brats will put up with you because it's just too much. If you're going to insist on holding on to this stupid bitterness, please keep it to yourself.
>>
>>8856480
That was an interesting read. Of topic but I always think it's weird that things like colours weren't always there. That once upon a time it wasn't buy blue paint it was figure out how to make blue paint.
>>
>>8856602
I don't follow Lor. What exactly happened with her breakup? I keep hearing she's pretty salty still.
>>
File: undertones.png (256KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
undertones.png
256KB, 1366x768px
>>8856562
>>
>>8855165
It was lunar new year this week so they probably took some time off
>>
>>8856602
>caring this much about lor's personal life
get a life anon
lor is free to feel bitter just like many other girls who suffered a breakup and are single with valentine's approaching
soon enough valentines will be over and she'll be over it, you should get over it too
also for the last fucking time
>caring about what someone posts in regards to their personal lives on their personal blogs/twitter/fb/what have you

>>8856621
is it really that hard to check the archive?
>>
>>8856432
LC is pretty good with customer service? They ship quickly and they probably got extra wigs from lockshop usa events like AM 2015 and Holiday Matsuri this past December
>>
>>8856660
hilor
>>
>>8856660
>>caring about what someone posts in regards to their personal lives on their personal blogs/twitter/fb/what have you
lmao what do you think the purpose of following someone on social media is
I mean what do you really think
If she wanted to shout into the empty cosmos of the internet she could, and no one would ever know the voice was hers
She is choosing to rub this in the faces of everyone who follows her even though she should know damn well that self-hate and bitter assjuice isn't what they signed up for
She should make a side blog to vent, at the very least
And she should definitely seek some help, whether it's professional or from someone close to her. Shit's toxic to her and everyone around her as long as she chooses to hold on to it like this.
>>
>>8856662
I'm not saying that they're a bad company. I'm saying they keep getting stuck with stock from companies that seem intent on ruining their own reputations in the midst of expansions.

The girl running ODIP USA posted on Tumblr that she couldn't move any stock before they took it over, so I wonder if they're having more luck since they can sell at cons where people don't know about that whole situation.
>>
>>8856330
>This has been a more recent issue. Lockshop hasn't always had these problems.

This is not a recent issue, unfortunately. It's a shame they disabled posts to page so most of it is gone now, but there have been a consistent stream of customers for 2+ years with these same problems, and they always have an excuse for it.
>>
>>8856790
They might mean that it always hasn't been this bad...usually it seems like in the past, if someone inquired about it on the page, they usually got everything taken care of. It's just recently that it's gotten particularly bad with many more customers being flat out ignored and straight up lied to. Or at least, this is how it looked to me - perhaps there were far more issues a few years ago and she was just better at covering them up? I just feel like they weren't as many?
>>
>>8856825
Fewer people spoke out back then because they thought their incidents were isolated and didn't see the point. The more people talk about it though, the more people will come out of the woodworks to talk about their experiences.
>>
>>8856825
>they usually got everything taken care of.

Yes and no. They only got everything taken care of after months of trying to get resolutions. And in most cases 'taken care of' just meant Choke finally issued them a refund after run-arounds. ("oh it'll be shipped this weekend after 3 months xoxo" "oh so and so is sick" "we'll send you a discount!" "how about a totally different item to compensate?" which in many cases led to no discounts or items)

Found this recap of Lockshop customer posts from January-March 2015 on the archive.

>someone who placed an order 2 months ago that still hasn't arrived, was told they would get a coupon for the delay but never did, got a "package shipped" email with a tracking number saying it was shipped on the 5th of March--meaning a month after they ordered.

>Someone who wanted a large order for a special occasion, emailed Lockshop before ordering to confirm that it could be received in time. Ordered 16 pieces, received only 2 items in their package with the invoice for 16 pieces. Was told by Choke that they needed a picture of the package--which they already sent. Didn't get a message until days later, which basically said "it's in the hands of customer service." As of March 16th (a month later) they never got their items, answers to their emails, update to the order, or even an apology.

>Someone who waited 3 months for their package, it was supposedly shipped out with an "extra gift" but Choke "lost the slip at the post office" so they have to wait to get tracking/proof of delivery, which they haven't provided.

>Someone who wrote in January that they've been waiting since mid-October for their item, who Lockshop was charging for reshipment despite the delay being an issue on Lockshop's end.
>>
My ss has been so slow with replies, and all I want is for her to ship my damn dress out. She knows it' for an event but still wasted a whole day asking if I had any shipping instructions rather than just invoicing me for express shipping like I already asked fffff
>>
>>8856345
Anyone has sauce on the shoes?
>>
>>8856291
It's usually on the Tuesday/Wednesday, so a few days before the release. If there's no announcement it means they'll be releasing solid pieces.
>>
File: 1454567056403.jpg (40KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
1454567056403.jpg
40KB, 500x406px
>>8856562
To help you wash down all that salt
>>
>>8856677
>lmao what do you think the purpose of following someone on social media is
ok but it's still THEIR social media and they're free to post what they like on it
>If she wanted to shout into the empty cosmos of the internet she could, and no one would ever know the voice was hers
see above. if she wants to use her own social media, she's allowed to do that too. that's why it's her personal social media.
>She is choosing to rub this in the faces of everyone who follows her even though she should know damn well that self-hate and bitter assjuice isn't what they signed up for
they are free to unfollow (so are you) and besides expecting someone to cater to your wishes on their PERSONAL SOCIAL MEDIA isn't how this works
by the way if you see it as her rubbing it in your face, well, you sound really bitter yourself and you should probably just unfollow her anyway
>She should make a side blog to vent, at the very least
or you could unfollow her because she doesn't have to do that either and shouldn't be forced to
>And she should definitely seek some help, whether it's professional or from someone close to her.
i do agree with this at the least, but that's also her own decision.
>Shit's toxic to her and everyone around her as long as she chooses to hold on to it like this.
you can also be the mature one and choose to ignore it like the rest of us do
>>
>>8856915
CT?
>>
>>8856210
I have an underskirt, I just don't like the way it looks under most of my dresses. I don't think it would look right under nameless poem

>>8856362 I think I'll take your advice and go for it in M, though my legs are longer than my torso. I guess I'll just suck it up because I need it in green. I don't even like green much and I'm shocked by how much I want the green colourway.
>>
>>8856602
I feel bad for her because my last breakup made me basically turn into a bitter old seadog too. I've never liked or been able to properly celebrate valentine's day and I know how she's feeling, I hope she finds peace with herself soon.
>>
>>8857116
TP. CT has been pretty good to me recently, though I know people were complaining a few threads ago
>>
>>8856602
Lor in person hasn't been the same. I saw her at con not too long ago and really had a weird vibe to her that said "Don't get near me, don't say hi, don't anything" and looked weird when seeing couples having fun. I think she just doesn't know how to handle her breakup but honestly it's hurting some of her friendships too from what I hear.
>>
>>8855803
Did just your boobs grow? Because unless you got fat too you'll probably get better support from a 34D or maybe even 34DD since the band is bigger (and therefore less supportive) on a 36C
>>
>>8856227
That's not the case unfortunately, they were gone long before CNY.
>>
>>8856602
I can feel with her, sort of.
It took me 6 years to recover from the breakup with my ex and I've been totally miserable during that time. If you truly loved a person, it will feel like you've died inside and there is nothing that can help you and make you feel fetter, so you become bitter. You lose interest in social interactions, because it hurts seeing other happy people and I've lost lots of friends due to my bitterness and personality change.

Only time can make it better, it's a long process. I am not laughing at her, because I know how shitty this situation is. I just wish she would limit her online activity, it'd be for her best.
>>
>>8857250
Fuck I wanted to order one
>>
>>8856302
holy SHIT now I'm buttmad. she's not fucking going to get away with just ignoring all the things she shat up and moving on, god.

the US branch is apparently run with the help of someone called industrialkitty, anyone know any deets? all I can see is pictures of ugly bloomers on some fb page

yet again, please send me your lockshop stories, screencaps, tracking numbers, conversations etc. this will be a strength in numbers thing, we need people speaking up about how shitty she's been.
>>
Was it like coincidence or why are almost all early year lolita outfits chocolate-themed?
>>
>>8857364
I think it's because chocolate prints usually go with berets and boots which is more appropriate for the climate in the northern hemisphere right now. And most chocolate prints are made out of cotton or thicker fabrics. Chiffon and polyester dresses will rule again in spring and summer.
>>
>>8857364

I thought it's because it's February and Valentine is coming up.
>>
File: u8mgIjY.gif (58KB, 553x381px) Image search: [Google]
u8mgIjY.gif
58KB, 553x381px
I'm going to put my newb hat and ask an important question. How do I order from BTSSB's Japanese website? This will be my first time and I don't want to get banned.
>>
>>8857434
>that grammar
the site has a fucking guide in english for overseas orders, you pleb
>>
>>8857352
the orders place on the lockshop usa will be fulfilled by the lolita collective so there won't be any of these issues people have had historically. they will only fill orders based on stock they have, so when something sells out they stop selling it.

they are selling the leftover anime matsuri stock in their storenvy, and some of those wigs really suck, but they also accept returns/offer percentage based refunds if you aren't satisfied
>>
>>8856589
>gen strawberry
Posting from your phone?
>>
>>8857087
Hahaha hahah kill yourself
>>
are mini-hats ita?
>>
>>8857943
often, but not always. they are out of fashion, though
>>
File: ap_skirt_powderrose_color.jpg (95KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
ap_skirt_powderrose_color.jpg
95KB, 300x225px
I love yellow dresse but I'm scared it looks peecolored. What to do?
>>
>>8857951
I really want to wear one with gothic, which kind of hat should i look for?
>>
I'm having an issue with a buyer on LM.
Last month she bought one of my items without inquiring about shipping price (she's intl.). After she bought it, I sent a message asking if she was okay with the shipping cost (~50 USD) since she hadn't messaged me or anything. She then requested that I do a payment plan where she paid for the item cost last month and the shipping come this month. Even though this is against my TOS since I request that all payment plans be negotiated before the buyer purchases an item, I agreed to it. She made the first payment relatively promptly, but now it's almost two weeks into February and she hasn't read or replied to my LM messages to complete the second payment. I also sent an email to her PP address but nothing. Is there anything I can do? If she decides to back out now, will PP side with her and make me refund? I made it clear in the invoices that it was a payment plan.
>>
>>8857352
>the US branch is apparently run with the help of someone called industrialkitty, anyone know any deets?

she has her own appropriately named brand, "Ick."

>yet again, please send me your lockshop stories, screencaps, tracking numbers, conversations etc. this will be a strength in numbers thing, we need people speaking up about how shitty she's been.

Did you get the ones from the last thread? If you look through the archive for 'lockshop' you may be able to find stories and caps from before as well.
>>
File: twintails_wig_lockshop.jpg (18KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
twintails_wig_lockshop.jpg
18KB, 320x480px
According to an announcement in Lolita Updates, Harajuku Hearts is re-branding and will soon be carrying at least one type of Lockshop wig. Pic related, apparently it's America exclusive.
>>
>>8856055
Price is in AUD so I assume so
>>
What do you gulls thing AP's next release will be? Donuts?
>>
>>8858071
Think* Gdi
>>
>>8858039
those twintails looks like instant ramen noodles
>>
File: Wrapping Cherry.jpg (313KB, 1600x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Wrapping Cherry.jpg
313KB, 1600x1152px
>>8858071
Supposedly it's Donuts. If not, it should be Wrapping Cherry. It looks a bit more Valentines to me.
>>
So I've only collected dark pieces up till now and I'm interested in lighter dresses but I'm wondering how difficult it is to match the right tone and dealing with white, off-white, ivory. I'm interested in ivory/beige to match with sepia and wine, but do you find you don't always end up with the right shade when ordering online?
>>
>>8858130
Wow, in that thumbnail it looks like guro.
>>
>>8857678
not that anon, but calling someone a strawberry in chinese implies that they "squash" easily under pressure, and a lot of younger people are referred to as such

>>8858006
was the payment made through the gift option? if not, then paypal will most likely side with her. for future payment plans where you want to do partial payments and/or make the buyer put down a non-refundable deposit, at least make sure they pay by gift
>>
File: well.png (594KB, 508x573px) Image search: [Google]
well.png
594KB, 508x573px
What do you guys think about this? Tbh, when I saw it, my soul died a little bit, but maybe it's just because they fiddled with expensive burando
>>
>>8858194
I wouldn't have a problem with it if it didn't look like shit.
>>
>>8858193
>calling someone a strawberry in chinese implies that they "squash" easily under pressure, and a lot of younger people are referred to as such
So just in china? I've never heard this before
>>
>>8858198
Yeah, it's not a jsk that could work as a jumpsuit
>>
>>8858194
>kodona jumpsuit
>not ouji salopette

reeee etc.
>>
File: 草莓族[1].jpg (29KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
草莓族[1].jpg
29KB, 480x320px
>>8858200
i hear people say it all the time in taiwan. not sure if it's just a regional phrase though, since there's an explanation of it on baidu
>http://baike.baidu.com/view/987.htm

sage for ot (if sage still works)
>>
>>8858194
She can do do whatever she wants with her brand. But that doesn't stop me from calling it shitty. Those shoes, wtf? Also she is way to chubby to pull the style off she was going for. Aatp actually brought out printed jumpsits before, so the idea isn't horrible. It's just not working on her body. I could see it working on a petite skinny girl.
>>
I have a really stupid question, how do I share my sales album on LSE or another sales group to make a sales post? I tried googling and looking it up on facebook but all I am getting is how to add people on a shared album which isn't what I want.
>>
>>8858194
>>8858245
Like other anon said, modifying AatP for kodona, of all things, just seems super stupid. They release so many boy style type items, there's just no reason to do it.
>>
>>8858193
Why do people keep recommending sellers request gift payments? You will get screwed over completely with no way of getting your money back if they do a chargeback. It's the most dangerous way with the least protection for sellers.
>>
>>8858193
You cannot ask for gift payments on LM!! Ffs. Why do people try to pull this shit, invoices are required
>>
>>8858194
Haha do you think this is the person who made that shitty "restyle" thread here? So tacky
>>
>>8858300
You know how you can change the audience for posts that you make? Like setting things to friends only, making the post so all your friends can see it except for your mom, etc. Change the privacy settings on the post to public and when you are ready just copy the link to the album, go to the group, and put the link in the post like you would if you were going to share any regular link. It should come up with a preview like other links but if not you can just put the link there.

When you're looking at the album, there will be the title and the date underneath it, next to the date there should be a tiny icon, click it and it should be a drop down box with various privacy settings and click public. then in the right hand corner within the album (like, across from the "shared album" button) there should be some buttons that say edit and tag and a gear icon, if you click the gear there's a "get link" button
>>
>>8858314
Yep. I also hate when they post "paypal fees not included." That shit is against LM and paypal TOS. It grinds my gears.
>>
>>8858365

Same. Especially if they put in on the invoice as PayPal fees I wait until I receive the time, we give each other good feedback and then report them to PayPal.
>>
>>8858376
I'm looking(and reportin) at you too mirukuma and clobba
>>
>>8857217
Her breakup was over a year ago and she turned into a huge edgelord. I stopped following her on IG because of her saltiness and pics of her trying to look hip when she has bad taste in clothes. She can fuck off with posting about her poorly dyed hair too already. This kind of crap does make you lose your fan base bc people get tired of it.
>>
File: 1384665279679.jpg (68KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1384665279679.jpg
68KB, 500x750px
>>8858381
It happened last July so ~7 months ago. Her bf was a complete dick on the whole breakup process. Lor had a right to be upset.
>>
shut the fuck up about lor, literally no one cares if you have an opinion about her break-up and how she's dealing with it because that literally isn't related to lolita at all even if she is one. take it to lolcow or anywhere else please

in an attempt to get another on-topic discussion going: anyone else reserve the enchanted fawn re-release? who else is as excited as I am to get their shit? I was looking for the black JSK in my size for ages so I'm excited that it got rereleased. I'm praying that it ships next month so I can wear it for anime boston.
>>
>>8858193
I sometimes do request non-refundable deposits, but I did not in this case. I was more asking if anyone had experience with this/could comment on whether Paypal would still protect the buyer, as I know that payment plans supposedly void both both seller and buyer protection.
Also, as others have said, gift payments have their own risks.
>>
>>8858407
Oh this is a new cut for them! I like it.
>>
>>8858361
Thank you! It worked by getting the link for the album and adding it to the post!
>>
>>8858039
I like it desu, very oldschool
>>
>>8858365
Same. It's not that hard to factor in pp fees in their pricing
>>
>>8857954
Drink water untill your urine is diluted and comes out clear.
>>
>>8856343
>>8856338
Dreamholic wigs are decent... after you soak them in a solution of fabric softener for a few days.

Also, I don't like the clips at the front of the cap. It keeps the wig from major slippage, sure; but it also pulls out all my fucking hair.
>>
>>8858529
Soaking in fabric softener? Are the fibers really rough or what?
>>
>>8858572
It makes wigs less shiny.
>>
>>8858574
Good to know. Does it soften the wig fibers too? Maybe this can help a god awful ebay wig I have.
>>
>>8858578
It softens them, makes them not shiny, less tangly and it smells good, too!
>>
File: 3079577_ILD_outfit.jpg (126KB, 960x878px) Image search: [Google]
3079577_ILD_outfit.jpg
126KB, 960x878px
>>8857965
one made of good quality materials that will balance your hairstyle. if you have big hair, a small decorative hat made of good materials can work. but the same hat on a flat hairstyle will look weird.

avoid the tiny teacup-sized hats for now, they are most likely to go wrong.

pic related is not exactly gothic, but uses a gothic-appropriate minihat
>>
File: 1F6slY0.jpg (130KB, 591x942px) Image search: [Google]
1F6slY0.jpg
130KB, 591x942px
>>8858586
and a bettwe gothic example

minitricorns often look better. also trimmings or fascinators can help "distribute" the hat around your head to help balance it, so the minihat functions as a kind of KC/headdress rather than a proper hat.
>>
Is there anything that can help keep wristcuffs in place? I just got my first pair of AP cuffs and they're so loose I can fit two fingers between my wrist and the cuff without stretching the elastic. They won't stay in place on my wrist, falling up my arms and twisting upside down.
>>
>>8858597
I had this issue with some AP wrist cuffs too. I don't know an easy/temp fix, but I had mine altered to fit snugger, which was cheap and easy
>>
>>8858407
I'm kicking myself so hard for not getting the OP at re-release,
anyone know if they will have spare stock on the site when they've shipped out the preorders?
>>
>>8858612
I'm thiiiink they usually have pieces in-stock once preorders start shipping? If you go on their storenvy I know it looks like they have some leftover dresses from previous releases. I think EF is kinda popular though so I would just keep an eye out on their Facebook page so you can buy ASAP.
>>
>>8858412
Anon, there is a checkbox when you make an invoice in paypal that says allow partial payments. That's what you should have done for a payment plan.
>>
>>8856660
Just because her relationship went south desont mean that she can abandon her responiblities
AKA
actually showing up to Dream Fantasy Theatre
> Lor is salt
> I am salt
> we are all salt
>>
How popular was the magic princess release? Im hoping it did poorly so I can buy it for a decent price on the second hand market after it drops in the US
>>
>>8857250
Well fuck. Guess i'll wait until MLT opens commissions again

Also I know CP's pettis are bad quality now but does anyone know when they started going downhill?
>>
>>8858642
Everything is still in stock on the japanese site. Chances are it'll make it to the sale racks.
>>
>>8858625
Not that anon but I have always done plans with separate invoices. Does it really matter?
>>
>>8858621
Okay thanks! I'm going to watch the site like a hawk
>>
>>8858661
It only matters if you want Paypal to protect you as a seller. It's your risk.
>>
>>8858661
I recently started using the partial payment. There doesn't seem to be a difference honestly. Everytime a payment is made it still shows an option to ship the individual payments instead of lumping them all together for the 1 invoice. Also, paypal doesn't notify you once it's paid in full. I find that pretty annoying honestly.
>>
>>8858625
Huh, I didn't know that. I'll have to try that next time I do a payment plan.
>>
>>8858691
It's pretty new anon. Send in your complaints to Paypal so they can improve it.
>>
>>8858691
That's weird. I get emails every time a buyer sends a part of their partial payment to me. Maybe you should check your notification/email parameters.
>>
>>8858778
Right, I get a notification of payment received, but it never stated the item was fully paid off. If that makes sense.
>>
>>8858642
All of the OPs and JSKs were in stock last time I checked. It wasn't a popular release.

Another anon mentioned Magic Princess going onto the sale rack - does anyone know if they do an online winter sale? It says on APs site "Coming Soon" still. I want them to have a sale like they do in summer so I can swoop up the newer items.
>>
>>8858387
What did he do?
>>
>>8858898
go to the farm, gossip-chan
>>
>>8858139
I think it will be quite difficult, that's why I mostly avoid those colors. but, if you want to do it, I would say stick to one brand in one coord. or collect a lot of those shades and in the end it could be easier to coord the shades
>>
I'm going to be selling some dresses within the next week or two and I couldn't find a price check thread, so I was wondering what you guys would value my dresses at? I have:
Magical Etoile High Waist JSK + KC +OTKs, all in pretty good condition
Dolly Cat Low Waist JSK in Sax and also in Lavender.
>>
>>8858946
Magical Etoile is in red, sorry about that.
>>
>>8858021
I've picked up pretty much everything that's been linked or shown, but without actual caps and conversations it's near impossible to make any sort of claims - and I'm lacking pretty badly in that department
>>
>>8858603

I think that's going to be the only option, because they really are absolutely massive. I knew they might be big when I bought them because my wrists are so small, but I never thought they would be this loose. I'm disappointed. Fortunately, I think I can fix it myself.

Actually looking at them... the construction is really horrid and messy. The overlock on the edges of the chiffon is nice and clean, and the satin ribbons on the fronts are symmetrical, but where the lace and elastic are sewn there's loose threads and wobbly stitching everywhere. The satin ribbon's edges are frayed. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being picky. They are just wristcuffs after all.
>>
>>8859074
I have that problem with all wrist cuffs as well and I'm tall/ not petite by any stretch of imagination. I end up just making my own since it's not worth it when you have to modify pre-bought ones anyway.
Not to mention bracelets ever fitting...
>>
>>8858387
She had to be upset but it's seven fucking months or more and she's clearly done nothing to help herself. It's really worrying. She needs to deal with her problems head on instead of sweeping them under her new edgelord persona.
>>
>>8859078
I'm not petite either but I have downright skeletal forearms. (wish I could say the same for my upper arms sigh) My wrist is a little under 6 inches around. Nothing fits unless it comes in a children's size. I figured it was reasonable to assume the cuffs would run a little small.

Oh well! That's life I guess.
>>
>>8859099
Ah your arms sound just like mine... it sucks.
>>
File: enchfawnoriginal.jpg (84KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
enchfawnoriginal.jpg
84KB, 500x539px
>>8858407
I'm excited for this release and bought the OP, too. I honestly disliked the construction on the original release, so I'm glad I never bought it. It just seemed abnormally long and never sat right on anyone.
>>
Is it ok to wear shoes that don't match your coords for conventions? The shoes I have to match a coord I really want to wear are really uncomfortable.
>>
>>8859113
I have a really long torso + large bust so I really like their older long bodices, kinda disappointed they don't really do them anymore
>>
>>8859138
Whenever people ask stuff about wearing things that don't match I always say the same thing: who's gonna see? Rarely will anyone come up and bitch to you in person, rarely will anyone take your pic and try to upload it on here or something. The only way anyone will know if you take a photo and upload it somewhere yourself and make it so people can find it (i.e. lolita tag or CoF)

You may want to find some time maybe before or after to take some coord shots with the nice shoes but feel free to wear comfortable ones to the con imo.
>>
>>8855870
If it's just a couple of cms why not get some shapewear?
>>
>>8858887
Magic princess just came out. It won't go on sale till their summer sale which happens online in Aug/Sept. You would have to contact an SS once AP starts mentioning summer sales to get it sooner. But again that will be in summer not now.
>>
I need some advice.

A year ago, I had to block a lolita on Facebook due to poor professionalism and rudeness. I woke up this morning and found that the person won the bid on LM of a dress I am selling. This dress is a dream dress for the lolita. How do I respond to this? I feel as if this person is stalking me and I need to call the police.
>>
>>8859481
If it's been a whole year of no contact, I doubt shes trying to stalk you- she proabbly just, like you said, it trying to get her dream dress.

If you are seriously that worried, just tell her there's been an issue and you cant sell right now. She's probably gonna leave a bad review, but if you'd rather have that then her getting the dress then there you go.
>>
>>8859485
I'm going with the latter. I'm going to fuck over this lolita. :D

Next time, I'll repost the dress on LSE where the lolita won't see it. Blocking you also means I will not do business with you in the future.
>>
>>8859481
You could easily say you don't want her to have your address if there have been previous issues.
>>
>>8856432
>>8856738

Lolita Collective was helping out with the Snow Field when they were having problems too. I don't think it's an accident or that they are getting "stuck" with this stuff. I think they are purposefully buying these other people out to because they can sell the stuff better. Maybe it's easy to negotiate when the original seller has bad pr problems. I've bought from LC a couple times and had a problem with one of my orders and their customer service and response time was really good. I'd feel much better about buying a Lockshop wig from them than from Nina.
>>
>>8858021
She doesn't run that brand "Ick" anymore I don't think. Just sells other indie brands.
>>
>>8859138
I never understand this. Just get comfortable, decently matching shoes. If it's last minute and you are trying to just get by with it then it's poor planning. Idk why people are willing to mess up an entire coord and their whole look with something that they know doesn't match? It defeats the purpose of even having a good coord in the first place.
>>
>>8855148
I got a strawberry/cream wig and it was loads better and thicker than 2 later ones I got so I guess it's really hit/miss.
>>
I'm looking at getting Dreaming Macaron halterneck jsk to twin with a friend, but the lolibrary measurements are "70+" for the waist. The bodice has shirring, but I'm curious if anyone has the dress and knows what the measurement range is? Specifically, I want to know if it can fit 78/79 cm for the waist. Thank you!
>>
>>8859607
Interesting take. So they're picking up the pieces of failed/failing businesses? Hm.
>>
File: wig1.jpg (116KB, 549x698px) Image search: [Google]
wig1.jpg
116KB, 549x698px
I have this old AP Bonnet from the crown trump series, and I don't have alot of experience with them. It's a thick enough material so that it kind of stays up, but not really. There's no wire or hardbacking to keep it's shape.

Looking at oldschool pictures, it seems like that was the style, but is there anything I can do to keep it one fanned out shape during the day? It's a velvet like material.
>>
File: wig.jpg (62KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
wig.jpg
62KB, 600x903px
>>8860093
And a side view. I feel like I would just be so self conscious and constantly adjusting it if I didn't try to keep it's shape some other way.
>>
>>8860093
It's meant to be kind of floppy. Just accept that and adjust it to flop in a pleasing way when you put it on, if that makes sense. I'm not sure there's much else you can do aside from major alterations.
>>
>>8860115
I was thinking it was meant to be that way, but I didn't know if there was an alternative. Yeah I think I would have to basicially take it apart and resew if it I wanted it to be stiff. Thank you!
>>
File: lily of the valley.jpg (32KB, 439x636px) Image search: [Google]
lily of the valley.jpg
32KB, 439x636px
>tfw no updates from LOTV in over a month about her dress release

Sigh...I really need to hear back if I can size up my order and if she received my change of address. I sent her a PM but QQ
>>
File: 151708-s-01-dl.jpg (41KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
151708-s-01-dl.jpg
41KB, 345x437px
Dumb question, but I don't understand the measurements for this cut of dress.
The measurement for the L size bust was listed as 94cm. Is this an underbust measurement or standard bust size measurement? I fit IW L sized JSK's, but 94cm is just under my measurement, so I'm afraid it won't fit if it's not the underbust. It's IW's Tea Time Corset JSK btw.
Any insight is appreciated.
>>
>>8860335
I wouldn't risk it personally, and busty girls look pretty terrible in underbust jsk's anyway...
IW underbusts hit me like mid nipple, maybe slightly under nipple and I'm flat as hell so while you could probably put your boobs like on top of it I don't think it would look right.
Hope that made sense.
>>
>>8860335
I have large breasts compared to my ribcage and find that even though I'm below the measurements without wearing a binder, IW underbusts look horrible on me.
>>
File: DSC01571_grande.jpg (61KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01571_grande.jpg
61KB, 400x600px
Did any gulls get this, and if so, would you be willing to do a mini review/comment on sizing? The dress looks so weirdly baggy/droopy on the mannequin, and I'm also a bit under the measurements (83-66), so I'm wary of it. Not to mention that fucking shipping cost.
>>
>>8859481
Jesus. You have issues.
>>
>>8859490
At first I thought it was over concern that she had been stalkerish and you didn't want her getting your address, but now you just seem a little too self important.
It's more likely that she was just after the dream dress, not buying it because she worships you. How is she even supposed to know your LM username? The police wouldn't take you seriously for a second.
>>
>>8859146

Actually if it's a big-ish con there's likely to be some lolitas there who will take her photo and upload them someplace where other lolitas can see it. She can always refuse photos or ask they not include her shoes, but idk if that's going to come across as insecure or something, which in turn would contribute to her discomfort.
>>
do we even have mods for this board? just curious
>>
>>8860530
Yeah, they deleted half of that piercings thread. The originals might be in the archive already? I haven't checked but deleted comments do get saved..
>>
>>8858652
Issues since at least 2013 with quality being hit and miss, stuff like smoke smell and ripping along seams due to poor quality control but the poof was still ok. They became noticeably more crap overall, deflating quickly etc in 2014 and by last year the majority of advice given on cgl was avoid them.
>>
>>8860530
no just overlords.
>>
>>8860548
wish they would do their fucking job
>>
>>8860441
I don't. When you block someone, it means I no longer want to communicate with this person ever. Besides, this lolita is rude and awkward.

Are you that stupid wanting to talk to a lolita that you blocked on Facebook? Think of all the times you went back to your ex-bf after he cheated on you. I feel sorry for ya.

>>8860469
If this lolita wanted this dream dress so bad, the lolita should have fuck off and needed to stop talking. I swear this person might have been mentally retarded.
>>
>>8860198
Is she selling this dress again?
>>
>>8859481
Refuse her offer stating she is on your blocked list. Keep it short and sweet, don't get into a drama fight just make your statement. Message LM mods with explanation of the situation. Re-list dress and include the disclaimer that you reserve the right to refuse any buyer for personal reasons from now on in your sales. Problem solved.
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 1024x576px
>>8860560
The shitposts and bait threads are slowly disappearing, I think mods are trying their best but they're being hit with wave after wave of stupid shit. Wondering whether we got linked somewhere or if /r9k/ suddenly remembered theres a "GRILL BOARD" again. ugh. Guess all we can do is hide and report while we wait things out.

On a kawaii note, here's a pile of Usakumya from BABY's twitter. Gosh I love Usakumya.
>>
>>8860641
it's a gull who wants to become a meme via shitposting. just ignore and report.
>>
File: onlineshop2016w_sale_slide.jpg (289KB, 876x400px) Image search: [Google]
onlineshop2016w_sale_slide.jpg
289KB, 876x400px
AP just put up their sale banner. Thanks for the nice early warning, AP.

So what do you think's gonna go on sale?
>>
>>8860736
Does it start at midnight Japan time?
>>
>>8858006
Did you send a conversational email or just straight invoice her? I would try invoicing her in case your email was accidentally flagged as spam.
>>
>>8860335
I bought a medium sized IW underbust JSK even though my bust is 95cm. I only can wear it without a bra or with really thin ones and mostly by putting my breasts up. I wear boleros and cardigans to hide them though because it looks really unfortunate, I feel like some inkeeper during Pirates' time or something. I don't see how it could be a bust measurement as it stops under the bust, so go for it if you want, the difference between your bust and the dress probably won't look as awful as mine. Although I feel like those dresses only look nice on flat chested girls.
>>
>>8860739
Nvm just found it sorry
>>
>>8860705
How do you become a meme from shit posting .... ?
>>
This is a bit of an odd question, but is there a way to temporarily deflate a petti?

I just recieved my Bunny House petti and it's HUGE! So much so that it seems to be too poofy for some of my dresses.
>>
>>8859481
>dream dress
>this morning
was this the $1,300 Traumerei JSK set?
>first thing i noticed this morning
>otherwise only saw what was an AP oldschool sweet jsk in a black colorway, pinoream, a shitty $20 ap replica (which i sincerely hope wasn't yours), a random solid Baby jsk, more oldschool AP sweet in black, Meta Alice in Wonderland, AP Horror Garden in wine, taobao shit, bodyline shit, more oldschool AP, IW solid, a reserved dress, Dream Marine special set in white (could be this too?), more solids, more oldschool AP sweet, fucking Holy Lantern, Princess Wardrobe, fucking Luminous Sanctuary, more random IW... you get the drill
the only ones that make me think otherwise is when it gets to the Bookmark JSK in red and Honey Cake but pretty much everything lately went for less than that Traumerei.
>>
>>8860606
>Besides, this lolita is rude and awkward.
>If this lolita wanted this dream dress so bad, the lolita should have fuck off and needed to stop talking. I swear this person might have been mentally retarded.
are you mentally retarded? how hard is it for you to fucking ignore people like a normal person and handle business properly so you won't get negative feedback for being a shit seller?
>speaking as someone technically mentally retarded but who at least knows how to do that much (and doesn't think random people from a year ago are stalking me now)
>>
>>8860764
Don't worry, it will deflate eventually. My BH one did.
>>
>>8860625
This. Sounds like the best thing she can do in this situation.
>>
>>8860402
lolita collective has these, so $6 shipping cost in USA
>>
>>8859915
but they sell on commission, for literally everything, so I don't think that's true?
>>
>>8860093
You could put in a wire behind the satin ribbon of the lace to make it stiffer
>>
New thread >>8861676
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.