[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What style do you think beginning lolitas should start with ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What style do you think beginning lolitas should start with ?
>>
Whichever they want to. Faggot.
>>
Start by researching the sub styles. Look to Lolita Senpais for examples. What brand appeals to you the most?
Look at the Ita thread. If you have any sense of style, you'll know what you're aiming for.
>>
>>8853038
off topic, but that hairstyle is super cute. love hime cuts with braids.
>>
Obvious "whatever they want" comments aside, I think sweet is the easiest to start with, personally, just because there are so many resources for it. It can end up looking messy often, but most beginners do anyway.

I always liked classic the most, but despite lurking and starting out nitpick tier and learning fairly quickly, it still took me about a year to get a good feel for how to do that style properly in a way I liked that looked nice, whereas sweet coords were always a little easier to put together, imo.
>>
>>8853074
Said the robot.

I say gothic. It's generally black and it can make for an easy, mostly monochrome wardrobe for a beginner. Classic and sweet have a lot of colors to work with and sweet especially can be a pain with lots of prints.
>>
Old school, they should so through the simplicity first then go for sweet
>>
I always recommend gothic to start with, provided the person actually likes all styles and eventually wants a more diverse wardrobe. It's earier to get coords together, match, and have a cohesive wardrobe.

I wouldn't recommend sweet desu because they always want to just throw on a bunch of pastel shit they think is cute and call it a day. Takes a while to develop the taste.
>>
>>8853095
single-color classic or sweet is easier than gothic. there is a lot more stuff available by way of blouses, shoes, and accessories. look at any BST, etsy, or taobao thread, people easily find cute or elegant stuff but rarely does anyone post anything gothic.

also most people do not have the attitude for gothic, it is a bit extreme of an aesthetic.
>>
File: 1450244119190.gif (505KB, 199x222px) Image search: [Google]
1450244119190.gif
505KB, 199x222px
>>8853051
This.
>>
Whatever style they want to. If they do their research first, then they should already be able to grasp the basics of their target style and wear it.
>>
I would say classic. Simply because of it's versatility and how easily blended it is with other styles. Classic can easily cross over into gothic and sweet. Can be dressed up or down with accessories and is probably the most readily available style for newbies in terms of price. Floral and solid colour pieces are generally less expensive than printed ones. While classic may not be the 'best' starting point I'd say it's the safest.
>>
Whichever of the main three styles they feel the most drawn to. Pick one, and if you like both or all three, you can eventually build up a wardrobe to support them, but start with the one they enjoy the most.

I love the look of gothic, it's beautiful and appreciate the hell out of it... on other people. I don't like it much on me. (not to say I haven't owned gothic pieces or will never own another gothic piece again, it's just not my preferred style) I'm not building a wardrobe around a color and style that doesn't feel right on me simply because it's "easier" to find matches for.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.