[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apollo Smile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: apollosmile.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
apollosmile.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
I was feeling nostalgic, and was remembering the 'live action anime girl' Apollo smile. She comes up sometime when cosplay is mentioned, especially when talking about current cosplayers like JNig. Out of curiosity, did she ever actually cosplay as anything other than her alternate persona? Random fact, she turns 49 on February 16th... which makes me feel old, as her introducing some anime on Sci-fi helped get me into anime a really long time ago.
>>
I remember her doing some lolita shit before she started hosting but that's it. I still have two of her CDs
>>
I didn't start congoing until about 2008 so I really had never heard of her till now. She seems like the original cute blonde babe except with real skill. Honestly she's cute af and I'm sad I missed all this.
>>
I don't think Apollo Smile was ever a cosplayer. She was just a "living anime girl" who tried to turn being a weeb into a performing art.
>>
File: asmile.jpg (75KB, 480x714px) Image search: [Google]
asmile.jpg
75KB, 480x714px
>>
>Live in CT
> Volunteer to help in this Local children's theatre group
> Apollo runs it
> Didn't find out she's famous until a year ago
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRR027lJ1-s

nostalgia
>>
>>8842489
Story?
>>
>>8842499
What's up with some of these angles
>>
>>8845383
its anime
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vF1f8Vz84k
>>
>Apparently, she is not the only girl interested in geekie stuff. Recently, this boy's club of entertainment culture has been over-run by the ladies.
>"Over the last year, I've seen a huge growth in the girl turnout. Chicks are really getting into the stuff." She goes on to explain that "there's a lot of girls who really want to live through the fantasy of comic books and anime, but up until very recently it's been perceived as such a male dominated fantasy. But I feel like it's changing quicker now."

I remember her, although I had been definitely in the kiddie side and managed to catch the anime summer week on accident. She was like a pre J-nig, except that she actually knows martial arts/stunts/dance, and she tries to sing. A lot of that came with her previously establishing herself as a performer though who wanted to tap into the anime market in America.
>>
>>8845445
Yeah I remember she had a song in that Tom Cruise movie, Days of Thunder, and someone mentioned she had a few CDs
>>
>apollo smile

holy fucking nostalgia bomb! completely forgot about her until now.

pretty sure she got lots of people into anime at the time. i think it was around 97 or 98 when i first heard about her. I had her comic book too.
thanks OP for this.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.