[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skincare thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 23

Old one archived
>>
I have weird skin where my t-zone is super greasy while my cheeks are normal. The area around my mouth also has discolored patches that I can cover up with concealer but makes me look like I have a permanent mustache when I don't have makeup on. What would you guys suggest me use? I've been trying CC cream and brightening products for my weird mouth area for a couple months but I haven't been seeing results so far.
>>
File: night regime.png (343KB, 996x1760px) Image search: [Google]
night regime.png
343KB, 996x1760px
My current night regime!
>>
Can anyone recommend something over the counter for rosacea? I tried prosacea for 2 months and it didn't improve at all. Should i just go to a dermatologist?
>>
Should I feel anything when I apply my BHA? I don't feel anything. I apply it, wait about 20 minutes, and when I look in a mirror my skin just looks smoother and less irritated, and then I put on my moisturizer. If it's an acid, shouldn't it feel drying or something? Or is not feeling anything a good thing?
>>
>>8838764
Generally it's a good thing. If it stings or tingles or anything that's your skin's way of telling you something is wrong and you should probably stop.

Also a question of my own. I recently bought Cetaphil, along with a Cetaphil moisturizer + spf15. But would I just be better off purchasing the moisturizer and a sunblock separately? I don't want to have wasted like $10+ on something which ultimately doesn't deliver on its promise.
>>
I have some pretty bad white heads/cystic acne right now. My t-zone is very oily but the area around my cheeks can get very dry. My current regime is wash with cetaphil, Thayer toner in the day and apple cider vinegar at night, stridex pads on my t-zone, and a 10% benozyle peroxide spot treatment on my blemishes. I also do the Aztec secret mud mask with apple cider vinegar at least once a week. Any suggestions on what I could do to improve? I also noticed the creases of my nose are feeling kind of bumpy.
>>
>>8838857
Add moisturiser! Your skin may be irritated and dried out right now if you aren't moisturizing enough which can lead to more oil production and worse acne. If you want something that will help treat acne, try a glycolic acid moisturiser.
>>
File: 11065108201-1.jpg (29KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
11065108201-1.jpg
29KB, 700x700px
What's a recommended Vitamin C serum?
>>
anyone else suffering from dry facial skin and dark under eye circles caused by hypothyroidism? any tips?
>>
So, I've started using Eveline cosmetics brand. Anyone else have experience with it? The breast firming cream seems to be working, but I don't know if I've fallen prey to the placebo effect. I am using the thermoactive serum on my abdomen and thighs, along with exercise, and am seeing a slight slimming effect. I have the booty cream coming in the mail, as well.

If anyone else is curious, I can write reviews after a few weeks of use. But I'm really interested in others' experiences.
>>
>>8838732
If you don't mind me asking, how old ate you? I see some anti-age products on your routine and those usually are meant for more mature skins.
>>
>>8838925
OST c20 is pretty popular

>>8838959
Fix the hypothyroidism first, make sure your T3 and T4 levels are good. While you're waiting for that, make sure you have a good moisturiser for the dry skin. Dark under eye circles are difficult to troubleshoot since they're mostly genetics and only slightly environment, so apart from the usual things like sleeping, not rubbing your eyes, drinking enough water, making sure you don't have anything else wrong like anaemia our liver disease, and managing your hypothyroidism there's no magic cream that'll fix that.

>>8838977
Sounds like placebo. Most exercise on its own has a slimming and firming effect...
>>
>>8838844
Oh, ok! Thank you! I wasn't sure if I was supposed to feel some tightness or overly drying. I also heard to watch out for purging, but I haven't got that. It's more like things just go away and my pores shrink in appearance.
>>
>>8838977
A cream doesn't actually help with slimming. Certain workouts help firm the muscles behind your breasts and give them a larger/perkier appearance. Same goes with your abdomen and thighs. Any slimming you see is from your own hard work and dedication to exercise! Which is awesome!
>>
Can we get some routines posted? I love seeing what you guys do for your specific skin types, it's really interesting!
>>
>>8839072
>>8839245
The serums have an instant effect that's temporary, that supposedly can become permanent with longterm use, but I think it's just doing some jazz to my skin that makes it tighter for half a day or so.
>>
File: my routine.jpg (389KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
my routine.jpg
389KB, 2100x1500px
>>8839247
Sorry for the crappy layout. My skintype is oily/acne prone and I am post accutane treatment, so I have a good amount of PIH and acne scars. I only use the Aveeno scrub if I feel like I need it, so that's about once, maybe twice a week. Spa night is Saturday night, I put on a sheet mask and play a video game. I also drink a glass of water with some ACV every day and I noticed it helps my skin health. I just introduced the Cosrx blackhead power liquid into my routine not that long ago, so I'm not quite at every other day just yet. I love that stuff! Between that and the OST20 my sebum production is way more managable. Honestly, I think half of my oily skin problem was not ever using moisturizer, and having no clue about skincare. Before I started the accutane I had severe cystic acne.
>>
Is there any difference between all the different witch hazel brands? I've been using generic store witch hazel as a toner and I'm wondering if the other brands have any advantages.
>>
>>8839068
25! The toner mist was gifted, so I don't use it every night, just when I feel like it. I wasn't really focusing on it, but I've heard to start anti aging early.
>>
>>8838925
I actually make my own. There is a recipe on the skincare addiction subreddit that's great and way cheaper than buying your own. All you need is some vitamin c powder, distilled water, vegetable glycerine, and a dark glass atomizer bottle
>>
>>8839072
>>8839461
Thanks I'll check out OST, and I looked up making my own serum and it looks like it only lasts for 2 weeks? Can't really be bothered with mixing it up every now and then but thanks.

And would I need to apply sunscreen after applying vitamin C serums? What would happen if I didn't..?
>>
>>8839526
It takes maybe 10 minutes to do, you just put all the stuff in a bottle and mix it up and you're done

If you don't apply sunscreen your skin will be more suceptible to the sun's harmful rays which can cause problems
>>
>Start getting after highschool
>Try a bunch of fancy methods for cleaning my face
>Nothing worked
>Tried the full proactive kit
>Didn't work
>Tried every home remedy
>Nope
>Bought normal neutrogena face wash and moisturizer with sunscreen
>No more acne
>Face is super smooth

I don't understand, why does everyone make this sound like it's impossible?
>>
>>8839602
Because everyone's skin is different, anon. What works for you won't work for everyone, even people with the same skin type.
>>
I take meds (Lamictal) that make me break out and changing them isn't an option. What can I do as far as damage control goes, besides covering up with makeup? I use an AHA/BHA gel which has been helping with how my pores look but nothing really as far as breakouts. I'd be really grateful for any suggestions you have.
>>
>>8838732
Can I ask what that sponge is for??
I've always had pretty good skin but I really want to get into a nice skincare routine!

Do you recommend all of these products or do you have certain favorites?
>>
Hmm, not sure if a product can help me with this but if anyone knows, please reply!

During the day, my t-zone gets really red and oily. I don't even really wear makeup and my skin still gets shiny and bleh.

Can anything help this?
>>
>>8838716
Have you tried a tea tree moisturiser?
>>
>>8839068
It's better to apply anti wrinkle cream before you get wrinkles.
>>
Any tips for dry flakey skin on the forehead when putting on foundation? I have a regular skincare routine with teas tree and witch hazel based products, and I moisturise before and after putting on makeup too. It's improved since changing my foundation but it still happens.
>>
>>8839423
Yes. If you look at the back label, generic witch hazel has alcohol in it which is ultimately drying. That doesn't bother everyone, but there are better brands like Thayers that has no alcohol and adds more benefits for specific needs. It's basically like, you get what you pay for. Go on the Thayers website and browse their selections to see if there's one you like, a thread favorite is the Rose Petal.
>>
>>8839526
I prefer the OST20 to making a serum. It's easier, less messy, and lasts longer. I would suggest using sunscreen if you put it on because you are photosensitive while using it. If it's a cloudy day you'll be fine, but if you're out in the sun you run the risk of turning orange (no I'm not kidding) or burning easier. You don't need it every day, but you should be applying sunscreen regardless if it's a sunny day since it'll help you in the long run with wrinkles and sunspots.
>>
>>8839602
this >>8839609

But seriously fuck the proactive kit, they put like sulfer in the spot treatment or whatever. That stuff stained so many of my clothes and bedding and smelled awful.

Honestly, it just sounds like you were irritating your skin with too many products without giving it time to chill in between. But yeah, everyone's skin's different. For example, I can't use neutrogena products at all, it all just wrecks my skin.
>>
>>8839619
Talk to your doctor about how your meds would react to certain supplements, you could try taking some vitamins that help with acne to calm things down (like zinc, vitamin a, etc). You need to find what exactly is causing the breakouts, is it cystic acne? Then you need to draw it all out. If it's the meds reaction then you want products that will get rid of it and then worry about prevention.
>>
>>8839648
This may be a good routine for that anon but you should make a routine that caters to your skin specifically. Ask them what their skintype is. Same with you, What is your skintype because you will buy products that cater to that, like the routine >>8839395 posted. They gave enough info that you can see their stuff caters to sebum production control, acne scarring, and acne prevention. The routine you liked is geared more towards anti aging. Different products for different things that are particular to that person's skin.

Also a konjac sponge is for exfoliation, and helps deep clean and draw out toxins.
>>
>>8839653
What's your routine like?
>>
>>8839648
>dry, acne prone skin

Konjac sponges are really good for oily or acne prone skin, and they exfoliate gently enough to use once a day, I heard about from these threads. They're huge in Asia apparently, I noticed a difference from the first time I used one and love it. They're supposed to be replace monthly because sponges = bacteria but I've been bad and kept mine for like 3.

>can you recommend any

The soap was recommended to me from a coworker, It helps clear up my acne a lot. I drifted and came back to it because I always steer clear of bar soap usually.

The logona cream is really thick, I just like argan oil in general, the c serum seems to be fading my scars slightly after 10 days, and I swear by the murad sulfur spot treatment. I've been using it for 3+ years. All of it can be bought at Whole Foods except the murad.
>>
>>8839247
I have an oily/acne prone t zone and dry cheeks, mid 20s, starting to get fine lines around my eyes. I'm still fine tuning my regime, looking to add in a new retinol product since my last one irritated my skin.

Morning:
>wipe face down with Mizon witch hazel toner (this is left over from an old order, I don't like it as a toner) OR use Tosowoong milk oil cleanser and rinse
>OST C20 serum
>Cosrx BHA power liquid or BHA skin returning a sol
>Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream or Mizon black snail cream
>Biore aqua watery sunscreen or BB cream/makeup if it's one of those days

Evening - varies depending on how my skin is, I'll often leave out the additional exfoliating steps or glycolic acid night cream.
>Tosowoong milk oil cleanser
>Skinfood black sugar scrub foam (often I'll dissolve the scrub part if I don't feel that I need the physical exfoliation)
>Cosrx BHA skin returning a sol
>Cosrx BHA power liquid to T zone/AHA white head liquid to whole face
>Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream or Mizon black snail cream (this is also left over from an old order)
>Bravura London 15% glycolic acid night cream
>5% benzoyl peroxide spot treatment

I'm looking to add retinol somewhere to help my fine lines, and maybe some other moisturizing products to help with anti aging. I thought about trying adapalene or tretinoin again with a focus on anti aging rather than anti acne, but I think it might be too much around my eyes
>>
Does anyone here take vitamins to help their skin? I've started taking Omega-3 Fish Oil vitamins every morning since the second or third week of January and have noticed my complexion improving a lot.
>>
>>8840682
Yeah. I take C, D, E, and Zinc for my skin. I used to take A and some Omega-3s but I don't need that anymore. You'll get more out of Cod Fish Liver Oil than Fish Oil vitamins. If you splurge on the liquid kind, it's so much more benificial to your skin than the pills.
>>
>>8839072
Thanks!
>>
File: German-Nivea-Creme-closed.jpg (413KB, 2338x1362px) Image search: [Google]
German-Nivea-Creme-closed.jpg
413KB, 2338x1362px
>>8839247
Here you go! I'm combo/dehydrated and have recently started getting more acne than usual for whatever reason. My skin is usually pretty clear. I take supplements when I remember, which isn't often and I'm not very consistent or strict when it comes to my routine.

AM:
>wash face with lukewarm water
>pat dry
>Benton Snail Bee HC Lotion (seriously, the only lotion I've tried that doesn't pill or feel sticky. Makes my flaky forehead a LOT more manageable)
>Innisfree Ampoule Intense Cushion
Got it recently in #13. Perfect match for NC10-15 skin, can't feel it at all. One minor gripe is that it makes all the makeup you put over it slide right off. I just put it on before the cushion, works great.
>Biore Watery Essence Water Gel
HG sunscreen, but can't wear it over or under the cushion. Kinda bummed about that.
PM
>Nivea creme (1st cleanser).
Works alright as a makeup remover. Not too blown away by it but whatever. Thinking of getting a cleansing oil, should I?
>Eucerin Dermatoclean Mild Cleansing Milk
Great no frills cleanser.
>Mizon 8% AHA
Heaps better than Paula's Choice.
>Hadalabo Shirojyun Lotion
Originally purchased for the winter (I live in N. Europe) as a moisture booster, but neither brightens nor moisturises. Very sticky, makes every speck of dirt in the air stick to you like a magnet.
>3W Clinic Syn-Ake Sheet Mask
Whatever like. Does absolutely nothing for me, I mean I knew any ingredient touted as 'liquid botox' is bullshit but this doesn't even moisturise properly. The masks are enormous, but a 10pack goes for like 6 euro so it's fairly cheap.
>Erisan 24h Nourishing Cream
Contains vit E, B5 and A. Seriously good stuff, ridiculously cheap too with very few filler ingredients. Downside: exclusive to the country I live in right now.
>Mizon Good Night White Sleeping Mask
I love the cooling effect and niacinamide, but it's mad sticky and I sleep on my side.
>>
>>8840884
Also, I'm going to France for a year fairly soon, is there anything I should get whilst I'm there?

My city (town?) only has one small Galeries Lafayette and the odd pharmacie here and there so I won't be able to get a lot. I can already get the usual French stuff here (Nuxe, LRP, Avéne) so I'm not really interested in that.
>>
>>8838925
Does anybody here use any Obagi products?

Also are Vitamin C serums ok for acne?
>>
>>8841536
Yeah, Vitamin C serum can help with controlling acne. I'd suggest adding a BHA before a vitamin c serum though, if you're mainly looking for acne benefits. You'd get more out of that.
>>
>>8839719
Nope but I just looked it up and it sounds like what I'm looking for. Thanks anon!
>>
Help, I used a dermaroller for the second time last night and the pores on the sides of my nose/cheeks look awful, they look so much worse. Will the skin heal from the dermaroller or am I fucked? Any products that could help?
>>
>>8842157
What depth needles? It should heal, maybe use aloe gel while you're waiting.
>>
>>8842169
1mm, I'm just freaking out worrying that they are going to stay this big. Fingers crossed they will heal. Will try the aloe gel, thanks.
>>
I've read that when washing your face it's best to rinse with warm water before applying cleanser and then rinse the cleanser off with cold water. So i've been suffering through freezing cold face washes for years. I realized though that no one on these threads ever mentions this. Is this just a stupid myth? Can I stop freezing myself to death every time I wash my face?
>>
>>8842236
It is. It has something to do with 'opening/closing' your pores, which pores don't actually do. Just rinse your face with lukewarm water desu.
>>
>had persistent acne around mouth and on cheeks
>nothing seemed to fix it
>wash sheets and body pillow cover more often
>it starts clearing up after the first night
>mfw it was that easy the whole time
>>
Anyone else here on prescription acne medication? In the morning I used to use Acanya but now I go the cheaper generic route by combining clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide in a 1:1 ratio because it's the same thing just way cheaper if you mix it yourself. At night I'm using tretenoin cream. Should I only be using that as a spot treatment? I know it makes your skin more prone to sun damage, I only use it at night and go to great lengths to protect myself from the sun (high spf facial sunscreen, bb cream with a high spf, sunglasses, and something to shade my face every time I go out)
>>
>>8842264
Tretinoin is anti-wrinkle as well as anti acne, but it depends on your skin as to whether it will be too drying and actually cause issues (i.e. you get sun damage/drying that causes skin damage)
If you have a good moisturizer and good skincare routine otherwise it should be fine.
I'm >>8840375 and personally found tretinoin didn't help my acne, just made the dry areas of my skin peel.
>>
>>8842255
Iktf, anon. For five months straight, I had terrible acne that just wouldn't go away, but it started disappearing after I started washing my pillows more. Now I'm just recovering from acne hyper pigmentation.
>>
>>8842293
I didn't know it's anti-wrinkle, that's informative, thank you anon.
I'm only 18 should I start using anti-wrinkle creams and retinol now? I already moisturize under/around my eyes, nasolabial folds, and my forehead. My skin type is oily (like really oily, I break out a lot) so I haven't had an issue with tretinoin causing my face to peel, only once when I was younger (been on these since the end of middle school) when I wasn't careful and it was accumulating in that skin fold near the edges of the nostrils and caused it to be red and irritated.
>>
Anyone know how to improve the appearance of cellulite? Doesn't have to be permanent, just has to get the job done for a few hours.

>inb4 diet/water/exercise
Doing that now, just looking for a meantime-solution.
>>
>>8842338
No. You are too young
>>
Looking to get a good cleanser for my sister. She has a lot of acne scars but doesn't seem to break out much. I was thinking between:

Hado Labo Foaming
Banila Clean It Zero
CorRX low pH Good Morning Gel

I believe that she is dry. Any which one would be best to remove the scars?
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 960x960px
Have you guys ever used Elizavecca's milky piggy carbonated bubble clay mask? (Pic related) I love this stuff. I have either really dry or really oily skin and every time I use it my face just feels super smooth and refreshed. It really cleans your pores, you can feel it working its kind of itchy when its bubbling up but it's worth it. I think it's also really fun to do because you get to watch your face foam up.
>>
>>8842803
Does she wear makeup? If not, just the HL will do, if yes, get both the foaming + clean it zero
>>
>>8842820
No, but now I really want to.
>>
any reccomendations for whitening/brightening i'm naturally pale but with dark patches and really would love to lighten the bastards
>>
>>8842825
Yes, she does wear makeup.

Thank you for your advice.

Would it be better if she tested the Clean It first before the HL foaming or can she do both?
>>
>>8842820
I was wondering about their products, glad to know they're pretty good.
>>
Hi anons. I've got very frustrating skin, and am unsure where to go next. A dermatologist isn't an option for me, as I don't have insurance (I'm in the US). Skin is very oily with several flaky or dry patches, sensitive, with moderate to severe acne. Lots of redness, but no broken capillaries, so I don't suspect rosachea. Mostly cysts or red bumps with no head. Every couple weeks I get a nasty breakout of random whiteheads (10-30) mainly over my nose and cheeks, but haven't been able to figure out why. I clean my brushes twice a week, wash pillowcases twice weekly, etc.

I've recently switched all my skin care to Aveeno, which in the beginning made a huge difference, but it now seems to be back to shit city. My problem is likely largely hormone related, I'm realizing. Before I was using Neutrogena and Cetaphil, and that never helped an ounce. One problem I've started having is that even the acne/oil control moisturizer seems to be too heavy for me, or maybe it's the lack of actual acne treatment (benzoyl peroxide makes my skin peel and resemble sunburn, salicylic acid doesn't seem to be very effective, tea tree oil on it's own seems to break me out pretty badly, so I stopped using anything). Can anyone suggest a moisturizer and acne treatment? I switched to Holika Holika clearing bb now (used Revlon Colorstay before for ages), and that helped a little, so I don't mind using Korean or overseas skincare if it's not too pricey. Someone suggested glycolic acid or bha/aha, and after a bunch of research I think it would be a great thing to try, but have no idea which is best for me or what to actually purchase.

I'm also looking to start using a serum and anti aging product. Blackheads really aren't an issue for me, but I definitely have scarring. Would vitamin c work for me hypothetically? I always use spf and whatnot, I'm very pale as is, so the sun sensitivity won't affect me much. Does anyone recommend adding Thayer's witch hazel? I don't currently use a toner. 1/2
>>
I know some of you might ask why I'm not using exfoliating products, but they all just make my skin horrid. I do a honey, salt, yogurt, and oat mask when I have time and money, and that helps it be smooth, but then I wake up with redness and a zillion little whiteheads, same as any other exfoliating scrub.

Any help at all would be really appreciated. I have depression, and having to wear a full face of makeup just to leave the house every day is both tiring and disheartening. I just turned 25, and have had this problem since I was about sixteen. All my past boyfriends have had nasty things to say about my skin and the whole 'I want a girl who doesn't wear makeup and looks naturally beautiful' line has put me off relationships all together. I don't socialize unless it's online or at work where it's required. I'm not ugly, and my face looks fine when it's made up, but I'm really just wanting to give up and not bother with anything anymore. Again, thanks anons. I know this has been long.
>>
>>8843023
You don't need to go to a dermatologist. Go to a place and get a facial, lots of companies will have a 'guarantee' if one of their certified therapists gives you a product recomendation and it doesn't change your skin.

Regardless, you should expect to see a breakout about a month after changing your skincare routine. You have to stick with it. The general rule is six months without a mask, three months with (both with cleanser, exfoliant, moisturiser, spot treatment)

Don't try and go hardcore. If you have cysts (ACTUAL cysts) then you need to get antibiotics. People dont' know the difference between acne, cysts, cystic acne, pimples, whiteheads, blackheads and ingrowns.
>>
>>8842820
Does this help with blackheads? That's my primary concern
>>
>>8842338
Retinol is just a milder form of tretinoin so you definitely don't need both. I disagree that 18 is too early for anti ageing but you want the focus to be on prevention, i.e. good sunscreen and moisturiser.

>>8843023
Try the cosrx skin returning a sol to start with and then consider introducing the BHA power liquid and AHA liquid, stop using physical exfoliants because they're clearly irritating your skin! My routine is up here >>8840375
but clearly not all those products are suited for your skin, for instance I wouldn't recommend the scrub foam for you. If you think your moisturiser is too heavy, try plain aloe Vera gel. To me it sounds like you're under moisturised and you're getting oily because your skin is actually irritated and dry, but rather than creams you might be better with lotions and serums.
Vitamin c definitely sounds like a good idea for you, but again can be drying and irritating.
Makeup wise I know that colorstay breaks me out, so it's good that you've switched away from that. Do you know if your sunscreen is breaking you out as well? I'd also try to have makeup free days as much as possible.
I disagree with >>8843038 though, you shouldn't break out on the correct products for you. You might purge which is basically all the closed comedones coming to a head, but you shouldn't ever break out/get brand new acne on places you didn't already have blocked pores.
Just remember that you should be trying each new product for at least 2 weeks to see if it causes you issues before you introduce another one.
Best of luck though, it sounds like your skin is similar to what mine used to be like.
>>
>>8843023
This person's routine seems to have some products you could incorporate. >>8839395 Mainly the Cosrx Blackhead Power Liquid, Aloe Vera gel for a moisturizer (great for oily/acne prone/sensitive skin), and that sunscreen (great for oily and acne prone skin)
You say you get a breakout every few weeks, if that's the case, does it seem to be following your period? If so, then going on birth control would help you immensely.
For spot treatment, Tea Tree oil on it's own isn't necessarily completely good. You need to cut it with something or it just sits on your skin like a useless oil. That anon seems to mix ACV and TTO, which I've done before and it works pretty well.
I suggest you get an aztec clay mask, and add a BHA to your routine, both of which are focused on drawing out the cystic acne and "purging" your skin. That's the only way to get rid of it honestly, it's all drapped deep in your pores and only has one way to go, which is out of your skin. Cosrx Blackhead Power Liquid is a great BHA, since it isn't salicylic acid based. Easiest to get BHA is Stridex Red Box, so do your research on both and pick one you'd like. Don't bother with any serums or anti aging stuff until your acne is under control.
If you want to add a BHA or vitamin C serum, you need a toner because those are pH sensitive. If you check the archive for the last skincare thread, there's a very good rundown of a basic routine and why you should do it. Thayer's witch hazel is a wonderful toner, so go for it. But really, start yourself on a basic routine twice a day, every day, then slowly incorporate other products. Definitely get a BHA and like an aztec clay mask to draw out that cystic acne. You're in for a long haul, but worry about anti aging and such later. Vitamin C serum is great for dealing with PIH acne scarring, which you will have from the cysts. If you have any questions regarding anything I'll be lurking. I had severe cystic acne for a while so I know the drill.
>>
>>8843035
Well what exactly is wrong wtih your skin besides the fact that you don't exfoliate? What's your skintype, what exact problems do you have? Acne? etc.
Honestly though it sounds like physical scrubs just make your skin irritated, which is common. You should only use a scrub or any sort of phsyical exfoliant two times a week, and you don't actually scrub with it, as in rub it in with force. Just massage it into your skin and let it do it's job. Over exfoliating causes irritated skin, which leads to redness and breakouts.
Just gently rubbing your skin with your washcloth in the shower once a day or something is a decent exfoliant, but I'm assuming your skin is flaky and dry? Which is why you are so focused on needing to exfoliate? There's also the better option of chemical exfoliants, like AHAs or BHAs, which are gentler on the skin, but make you photosensitive so you'll have to wear sunscreen. Give us some more info about your skin issues and we can help you better.

Also don't date guys who say stupid shit like that about your skin. They're not worth your time or effort and are most likely half the reason why you are so hyperfocused on your skin if they're dropping comments like that.
>>
Yoooo guys I work at Ulta and idk if this is a nationwide thing but they're selling these 15 dollar boxes of some pretty good skincare products. Just thought I'd let you seagulls know~
>>
>>8843023
Speaking as someone with very pale acne prone skin, I've gotten the best results off a dry oil and moisturizer combo and a once a week chemical exfoliator. I also like the Avene anti redness cream (the Fort one) worn overnight under my moisturizer.

Like other anon is saying, your skin sounds like it's freaking out from being stripped of its natural mantle all the time and overreacting with sebum to compensate. Treat it gently, use products for sensitive skin and no physical exfoliators or foaming face washes.
>>
>>8843428
Any idea what's in the boxes anon?
>>
>>8840375
Anon, what's the difference between the BHA A-SOL and.BHA power liquid?
>>
>>8843327
I didn't know tretinion and retinol were essentially the same thing. Does this mean I should be applying it under my eyes? Currently I use Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence sunscreen on my face every time I go out, and if I'm wearing makeup, on top of it either Dr. Jart or Missha Magic Cushion bb creams, both of which have high spf sunscreen in them.
I use some generic CVS facial moisturizer, should I invest in something more expensive? I also don't use a sleeping pack/night cream currently because I'm so overwhelmed by the selection
>>
>>8844156
A sol is really more of a low pH toner with exfoliating properties than an exfoliator, it's super gentle and actually contains a mix of bha and aha.
The bha power liquid is 4% bha, designed to exfoliate and minimise blackheads and clear pores, but clearly a lot stronger and potentially more dying.

>>8844179
Not necessarily - tretinoin is much stronger so can cause drying and flaking in more sensitive areas of skin like around your eyes, which is clearly a bad thing. I'd try it very cautiously once a week at night. If you find your moisturiser works for you there's not a huge need to change it, but if you want to try something with supposedly more active ingredients, snail based skincare is pretty popular.
>>
>>8844342
Thanks for the explanation anon. I currently use COSRX's BHA power liquid and AHA/BHA toner so wondered if the A-sol was preferable to either.
>>
Going to Japan next month any beauty / makeup products I can get over there that you would recommend? Or shops I should check out?
>>
Hey seagulls, I'm looking to add a moisturizer/night cream into my routine. This is a breakdown of my current routine:

>Skinfood egg white cleansing oil
>koji-san soap/hada labo foam cleanser
>witch hazel rose toner
>CosRX BHA blackhead power liquid
>OST C20
>hada labo Arbutin whitening lotion
>Nature republic 92% aloe vera gel

I also have this light moisturizer from velocity that I haven't really used because I felt like it didn't do much.

I'm Asian with combination skin.

Essentially I'm looking for a moisturizer that won't peel off when I put foundation over. I'm considering in getting into a night cream too.

>>8843046
I have pretty small blackheads and they definitively clear up right after washing!
The blackheads come back pretty fast though.
>>
Starting a couple months ago I started getting oilier. When I wake up my chin (just my chin) is usually a little shiny. Because of this, I started washing my face outside of when I shower, but it's not really improving the oiliness, just getting rid of it for a little. I've also noticed that even though I've been washing my hair with just conditioner for years, it's starting to leave it feeling oilier and heavier. No diet changes, I've always eaten in a healthy way, most of my food prepared by me from scratch. I'm starting to wonder if it's because of my age (26). Does anyone have any tips that may help? Oh, and I do wash my sheets and pillows regularly as well.
>>
>>8844351
I haven't tried their AHA/BHA toner, I think that it's got a lower pH than the A sol though?

>>8844477
Mizon black snail cream is nice, if you let it dry out doesn't seem to ball up or peel (at least for me)

>>8844382
Their pharmacies/beauty stores are all pretty crazy but mainly offer the same brands. It really depends on your skin tone for beauty products - Japanese BB creams are a lot more yellow toned and darker than Korean ones which tend to pink/grey and lighter. Most people like to pick up false lashes, glue, eyeliner etc particularly the gal endorsed brands, as well as some of the Japanese skincare brands like sk ii, hada labo etc because it's cheaper than paying to ship them.
I personally got a bunch of sheet masks and point pads because they're so cheap and not worth paying a mark up on, plus the Pore Putty BB creams, and a whole lot of sunblock because I could actually try the different textures in store rather than guessing.
>>
>>8844572
>Japanese BB creams are a lot more yellow toned
Any recommendations on Japanese brands?
>>
I really want to get into skin care, but I just don't know where to start. My skin is dry around my mouth and oily on my forehead because of my bangs. I occasionally have breakouts on my forehead and underneath my bottom lip. So far, I wash my face every morning and night and apply moisturizer. I'm not really sure where to go off of that though?
>>
>>8839732
you need to exfoliate, it's most likely skin that needs to be sloughed off
>>
>>8843038
I'll be sure to look into pricing in my area and see what kind of services are offered for a "beginner" or "basic" facial treatment. I know most facials involve extractions, and I'd especially like to avoid that. I've already been told by a dermatologist I was seeing before my insurance ran out that I had cystic acne, but I have an ongoing kidney problem, and can't take certain drugs. He was dead set on accutane treatment, and it just made me uncomfortable. Thanks for the info!

>>8843327
I was looking at your routine with a lot of interest and wondering if it might work for me! I try my very best to moisturize like crazy, but I wonder if that's a problem too. If I'm adding the Cosrx, I'll ditch my heavy moisturizer and add the aloe vera gel in. Do you recommend a certain brand or type? I know it sounds strange, but my skin seems to behave worse on days I don't wear any makeup than on days that I do? There's probably some other reason for that. And yeah, the acne I've been getting it just new stuff popping up, it doesn't look like a purge. I've even been getting it on my forehead and jaw, which doesn't happen hardly ever. Thank you anon for the product recommendations! Amazon will be seeing me when I get my next paycheck. (I always wait a few weeks to see how I react to a thing or without a thing before I decide on it. The absence of my sunscreen doesn't help my acne or redness, and it's especially for sensitive acne prone skin, but that's a good thought for other products, like my blusher or finishing powder!)

>>8843393
I was on birth control treatment before, and while it helped with large, nodular acne from time to time, on the whole it didn't make a huge difference. The breakouts don't seem to follow a pattern of any kind. I don't get especially worse right before my period or even when I ovulate. If anything, it's the times between. Cutting the TTO was something I wondered about a long time, but never knew what to use. I'll be doing that! 1/2
>>
2/2

>>8843393
I liked ACV a lot, but it literally burns my face in the same way benzoyl peroxide does, and it's pretty painful, even when diluted. I might try it again though. Maybe mixing it with other things will help out. It's good that you pointed out about "cross this bridge first" because I honestly get so overwhelmed trying to tackle all problems at once. Where can I find a good clay mask, or is there a specific brand I should hunt for? Online or in store, it doesn't matter much either way to me. I actually did save two infographics from last thread or the one before on what order to apply your products in, which was really helpful since I never know what comes after toner. Thanks for your help and support. It means a lot.

>>8843408
Hi anon! Sorry that post was 2/2 of the one above it, but I forgot to mark it as the second part. It is part of why I am so focused on it yes. But mainly I'd just like to be pain free and actually feel good about myself. I was learning to sew and love to do cosplay and make costumes, but it's hard to feel happy about those things when I constantly worry I'll end up in a bad cosplay or bad makeup thread because of my acne or because of how my distraction when in public on how I look makes me awkward for photos or anything. So I just gave it up. Mostly, though, I just want to be able to be pain free and not spend half an hour slathering shit on my face every day to make myself "presentable" to other people. But thank you for saying that. It makes me feel like I'm not so worthless and crappy.

>>8843460
I will look into that Friday. Redness is a big problem for me. I try to be gentle, and I love my skin tone, but it's hard to love your skin when it just seems to always revolt!

To all you anons who replied, thank you so very much. I can't tell you how nice it was to see replies and get help, and have people take the time to actually care worth a damn. It made my week. Thank you so much for your kindness and patience!
>>
>>8844926
Anon, if you have cystic acne in the face it can be very dangerous. You may have to go on accutane. I haven't got cystic acne, but I did have a facial cyst a few years, and it was so dangerous that my doctor pulled me out of school for a month and put me on insane antibiotics. She said that, if it didn't go away, I'd have to have it surgically removed. I know cystic acne is different, but I would never want to risk it.
>>
>>8844622
I have the Sana Pore Putty BB cream and Canmake Perfect Serum Light in their darker shade ("natural") - I think I'm NC30 in summer and NC25 in winter, and the Canmake is a bit dark on me in summer but blends out okay - their light shade is way too pale for me, more like NC20. The pore putty is more NC25, but is passable for summer. Hada Labo also does BB creams but I didn't like the texture.

>>8844708
Have a look at some of the routines posted. I would introduce a toner and chemical exfoliant.

>>8844926
Basically get the brand that has the most aloe Vera and least preservatives. If you have an aloe plant you can moisturise straight from the source, but you'll probably kill it off after a few weeks if you keep breaking the leaves to moisturiser.
>>
>>8844948
If you want to use ACV as spot treatment, just get a Q tip, dip it in the ACV, then dip that same end in some TTO and dab it on you acne.
>>
>>8844975
Uh...a single facial cyst is not the same as cystic acne. A full on cyst is very serious. Cystic acne is essentially super clogged pores where all the junk gets shoved deep under your skin. You don't get cystic acne surgically removed. You have to draw cystic acne out, and bring it all to a head, aka purge it out. You also need to find the route of the problem, and sometimes that requires antibiotics, vitamin supplements, diet changes, etc. Accutane is literally a giant blast of synthetic vitamin A that makes your pores inhospitable to bacteria.

What you had is something completely unrelated to acne, so please don't go misinforming people telling them it's dangerous. It's only dangerous in the sense that it will destroy your self esteem. I'm sorry about your cyst, that sounds absolutely horrible. But I suffered from cystic acne for years and it is nothing like you just described.
>>
>>8844708
check the archive for the last skincare thread. an anon posted about what a basic routine is and why you do it. read it and then go from there.
>>
>>8844975
>>8844975
What the hell am I reading? Anon, a cyst is not the same thing as cystic acne. I had a huge ass cyst in my wrist that I had to get surgically removed. That stemmed from joint fluid and is completely different than cystic acne. You can't even compare the two.
>>
Has anyone tried the etude house wonder pore products? I'm curious and they're really cute
I'm trying to get more into skincare but have a pretty low budget
>>
what do I do with sebaceous filaments? I hate them so goddamn much
>>
>>8846214
everyone has them, just cover them with foundation or whatever if you hate them that much. Don't try to remove them cause they're just a natural part of the skin
>>
File: tea-tree-skin-clearing-lotion_l.jpg (50KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
tea-tree-skin-clearing-lotion_l.jpg
50KB, 450x450px
I've lurked these threads for a while and am trying to settle on a routine. One thing I want to double check:

Is a tea tree oil moisturizer too intense for daily use? I have an oily nose and some acne on my chin. My cleanser and at-night cream are very moisturizing. So far my skin feels good but I want to make sure I'm not getting into long term trouble. Should I consider alternating its use with a gentler moisturizer?
>>
>>8846317
yeah but my pores are fucking massive thanks to genetics and if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have to wear foundation
>>
>>8846214
BHA exfoliants. They'll help dissolve the sebum and keep it flowing out normally rather than the pore looking full up.
>>
>>8846340
I don't have acne prone skin and I'm worried that will dry me up
>>
>>8846321
You could just use a gentle moisturizer and blot with rice paper throughout the day. Tea tree is a huge irritant and irritation causes wrinkles.
>>
Should I use vit c serum first after washing or bha?
>>
>>8838864
Hey anon I have been using a glycolic acid moisturizer since your suggestion and my skin has already started to look and feel better. Thank you!
>>
>>8847972
You put it on after your toner, and before your BHA. Wait like 20-30 minutes between applying the vitamin c and the BHA because BHA is pH sensitive.
>>
Can anyone suggest a good face mask for dry skin? Preferably in tube or jar form, and any bonuses like brightening would be great.

I love sheet masks but I don't feel my whole face needs it so I'd like to try something more economical.
>>
>>8846345
Start with a low concentration in a moisturising formulation and remember to moisturise afterwards. Maybe something gentle like the Cosrx BHA skin returning A sol would be a good place to start.
>>
Does anyone what is the best treatment for both scars and open pores? Fractional laser, microdermabrasion? thx
>>
Dumb question time: Should I refrigerate my BHA (Cosrx blackhead power liquid) and does it go bad?
>>
>>8846345
You put on a moisturizer afterwards. It's not supposed to be drying. If you're worried about that then just avoid the Stridex Redbox, otherwise it's like putting on a serum. I think my ost c20 dries me up more than my BHA ever has.
>>
>>8840682
>>8840698
Taking Vitamin B5 has been an absolute life saver with my acne and has pretty much been the only thing to ever fully get rid of it. I take 15 of the 500mg pills a day, 5 in the morning, afternoon, and evening.

The downside is spending the money on it every month, but again, it's the only thing that keeps me 100% acne free no matter what I eat or put on my skin.
>>
Has anyone tried the face masks from Daiso? I was just curious if they're actually decent products. Curious about the makeup there as well. 1.50 for everything is tempting.
>>
>>8848366
Sheet masks are dirt cheap. But a friend once told me that glamglow's hydrating mask was the best for DRY skin. Her skin was combination and after putting it on, certain parts of her face got crazy oily during the day.
>>
>>8848465
Seconding this

The pores on my cheeks look like I was stabbed repeatedly with a lead pencil
>>
The skin on my face is rough. This started last year, before that I was baby-smooth. How can I get soft skin on my face again? I've tried heavy moisturizers and exfoliation.
>>
>>8849132
The people over at /r/asianbeauty love them

I think it depends whether you can fit it over your face
>>
>>8849417
Any lifestyle or environment changes? (e.g. moving to a place with more or less humidity, air con, diet changes)
What sort of exfoliation have you tried? What other changes have you made in your skincare routine - are you using a harsh cleanser or washing your face more?

I would usually recommend a gentle cleanser, chemical exfoliant like glycolic acid, and lots of moisturizing as well as considering using sheet masks for extra moisture
>>
>>8849644
I got pregnant, so I'm sure it's hormonal, but I haven't been pregnant for a while now and it hasn't changed back.

I've tried manual exfoliators (sponges, facial scrubs, masks). For chemical exfoliation I have kojic acid soap (I like skin lightening properties, too). I've been using a nightly moisturizer "Wish Upon a Jar." Will definitely look into a sheet mask. Any you recommend?
>>
>>8849703
I think you need to stop with the manual exfoliation which is probably making things way worse. Have you stopped breastfeeding now as well?

Kojic acid soap isn't really going to do much exfoliation since you wash it off, you need a leave on exfoliator as well - Mizon's 8% AHA or Cosrx AHA power liquid are pretty good.

Sheet mask wise it depends what's available. I like my Pure Smile ones because they hydrate and come in cute designs
>>
>>8849862
Yeah, I'm done breastfeeding, though I just ended a few weeks ago. Thank you very much for the advice!
>>
>>8850002
Ok, just remember if you haven't had periods back yet it's likely your hormones are still being affected by the pregnancy and breastfeeding. Start slowly with the exfoliants as well, use it every second night and increase to daily. You should also use sunscreen during the day as it increases UV sensitivity so even if it's cloudy, the UV light that gets through can damage your skin
>>
So I added a BHA to my routine since I have a few problem spots that are beneath my skin that won't clear up no matter what. They're finally starting to purge, but I'm still kind of freaking out at the sight of acne popping up. I'm guessing I'm just going to have to persevere and let it run it's course? Everywhere else is finally clear except these areas. I just want pretty skin.
>>
>>8850510
Yup, persevere. If you have spot treatments like benzoyl peroxide etc they can help clear it up faster. You could also try using hydrocolloid spot bandages.
>>
>>8839602
More like
>Start getting acne during highschool
>Tried a bunch of overcounter shit
>Nothing worked
>Do proactive
>Nothing
>Go to dermatologist repeatedly and they give me some fancy expensive lotions
>Nothing
>Try to stop acne with eating a ton of vegetables and being really health to no avail
>Basically nonstop acne through teenage years
>Around 19 my acne finally goes away
I can't tell if it's because I take good care of my skin or just because all the hormonal shit stopped. I'm even on some hormones whos side effect increases acne and it still is never as bad as it was. Being an adult is awesome.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I got those Lancome stuff as a gift. Are they good for a night routine? I'm a bit skeptical cuz all reviews I see are overpriced bullshit.
>>
>>8843023
STOP USING EVERYTHING YOU WERE DOING IMMEDIATELY.

This happened to me, it was because I was having reactions to products my skin didn't need.

Stop using everything and just wash your face with water for a week or two. Then Slowly add basic, sensitive skin cleanser and moisturizing lotion for two weeks, then once a week use a light scrub and GENTLY use light, circular motions to remove dead skin.

I stopped everything when this happened and honestly my skin looks the best when I haven't put a ton of stuff on it. I'm 28 with no signs of wrinkles and I get carded everywhere I go. Some skin types don't need everything and the kitchen sink thrown on them.
>>
PLEASE give me some tips about good moisturisers. Just yesterday I noticed that spots on my face had gotten suuuuper dry and started to flake, and today I used the last of my current moisturiser (Lush Celestial). So I'm thinking I need something heavier.

- Skin type: Mixed but leaning towards dry, sensitive (and now flaky spots)
- Area: Tokyo (so there's a lot of stuff I can pick up)

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>8853336
Try a Hada Labo moisturiser.
>>
I'm not even that old but how do I get rid of smile lines around the cheeks/nose and lines around the eyes? or at least prevent them anyways
how do Asians have such strong skin?
>>
>>8854226
they don't have shit diets like you do, you old cunt
>>
>>8854226
sometimes it's genetics.

mostly it's diet and sun exposure. eat right, drink water till your urine is clear, and wear proper sunscreen.
>>
>>8854231
I'm 30 and white and don't have smile lines or anything like that because I didn't eat like shit and wore sunscreen

can confirm if you aren't a gross fuck you won't look like one
>>
>>8854226
Retinols are the best otc wrinkle care products with tons of research to back them up.

Asians tend to have a higher ceramide level in their skin so less water is lost, hence their skin looking plumper and slowing the appearance of aging.
>>
>>8850803
I'm doing both. It's starting to fade, I'm really excited! Granted it will take a while since I get PIH really bad but hopefully I will stop breaking out there! It is always the same three spots on my cheek, all of the time. It is embarassing.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 640x278px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 640x278px
I assume whoever's website this is is a seagull

Your site sucks and your pictures are awful. I don't know why anyone would get tonymoly products from you when there are so many other places to go that are cheaper and actually have legit looking websites
>>
>>8854228
I know mammy never loved you and all but I've seen your autistic tantrum comments in three threads now, I think it's time to stop
>>
Sooooooo, anyone ever try the caveman regimen? It's a little tempting, the idea of perfect skin without using too many products, but I imagine it's for very sensitive skin types.
>>
>>8843393
Not anon you replied too, but I am really interesting in trying the Cosrx BHA.
I have a vit c serum already, but I was reading a caution when using the BHA be mindful of vit c products.
?
>>
>>8855129
Caveman regimen?
Also unrelated to my question but...

Help.
I was stretch mark anon a thread or so ago. I've always been a tiny girl, never really fluctuated from my normal late 90's lb range.
Then I moved under negative circumstances. I began to put on stress weight and now sit at 120. Which would be great if it didn't bring along the tiger stripes.

Well they're spreading at a quickened pace and it's kind of scaring me. Originally they were just on my hips but they're now on my inner thighs and outer thighs, even a bit on my butt. They're haven't made it upwards yet (stomach/torso).
I know they're scars so I'm SOL on getting rid of them for good besides surgery and even then I don't know how well that'll go plus it's more of a cosmetic surgery (really killing my self esteem though). I apply a cream every day to help them fade and I've been working out as much as I can (that's for other reasons but maybe it helps slow them down? I don't know) and I'm trying to get on a stable healthy diet but that's been sort of hard with my roommates (both pretty much stereotypical larger guys so what they buy grocery wise isn't the best).

TL;DR am I fucked?
Is there at least any sort of solution to stopping them from forming or at least slowing them? How long do they normally take to fade? I've heard anywhere from months to years. Can cover up work on fresh ones or will they just stick out through it?
When my mom stopped by and I told her she just laughed at me and said "oh your older sister was just complaining to me too. My side of the family has really shitty skin, anon. You're fucked in that department." Thanks mom.
>>
>>8855252
Also I am looking into the other creams and stuff some anons mentioned last time. This is more of a "can I stop this before I look like a zebra", because I'm fine with being an okapi.
>>
>>8855252
Caveman regimen is basically just washing your skin only with water. No cleansing or moisturizing or anything outside of that. It's supposed to restore your skin's natural pH balance and something about a natural barrier. But I could never do something like that. The oils from my forehead and eyelids get in my eyes when I shower before I wash my face, and that shit does NOT come off with water only.

Also I think your best bet would be scar fading creams + time. Time is the biggest factor and I think it depends on how severe the marks are as well. I used to have pretty bad stretch marks on my breasts through puberty. I'm 19 now and you can't even see them anymore.
>>
>>8855269
You also have to consider your water's quality when you adopt a regimen like this. I live in a place with water that is very, very hard naturally and it would destroy most people to use it on their skin and then not moisturize afterwards.
>>
>>8855269
That's interesting! My skin is naturally more oilly (especially my cheeks and forehead. My bangs probably don't help) so I understand dealing with that.

And yeah, I think so too. If I ever get to a place where I can comfortably afford the surgery, I might do it but other than that, I'm gonna do what I can. Just not a big fan of how they look when they're fresh because they just so red and really stick out. I don't do revealing cosplays but it's still something that bothers me because I know they're there and I have to see them every time I get dressed or take a shower.
>>
>>8855252
Moisturize and massage like your life depends on it. Look for ingredients in moisturisers like vitamin A and vitamin E. It's not just the moisture but also massage that supposedly helps break down that scar tissue (most of the research is on burns and surgical wound healing, but still...)
Jojoba oil is also recommended by piercers for piercing scars and scar tissue from when people stretch their ears too far, and usually they say to massage with it for 5-10 mins per day for several weeks to help break down the scar.

>>8855129
I've tried doing nothing with my skin before and as far as I can tell I'm better with my elaborate Asian skincare routine. I also think that caveman doesn't address the issues with skin ageing and UV exposure, as far as I can tell it's water + mild physical exfoliation only
>>
File: vcser.jpg (252KB, 1520x2032px) Image search: [Google]
vcser.jpg
252KB, 1520x2032px
>>8838925
I use this one from LadyKin. It works brilliantly.

>>8854226
A cream with vitamin A.
>>
>>8839247
Combination skin, moderately acne-prone, light freckles and scarring. Creams and moisturisers seem likely to make me break out so I try to find alternatives. I am really happy with my skin at the moment.

Morning:
> Avene Cleanance micellar water
> Etude House collagen moistful essence
> Louis Widmer vitamin A eye cream
> LadyKin hydro white illuminating cream (I use this mostly as make-up for coverage)
> Clinique sunscreen SPF 40

Night:
> Avene Cleanance micellar water
> LadyKin vitamin c serum
> Louis Widmer Vitamin A eye cream

Once a week/occasionally:
> Farm Stay honey ampoule
> Hada Labo AHA BHA acne wash (this is exfoliating, reason why I'd not recommend it to use it too often)
> Annie's Way Q10 anti-aging jelly mask
> LadyKin Vanpir dark repair cream (when my skin's really dry)
>>
>>8854811
I came into this thread to post about this since the makeup general vanished
The photos are so unappealing and kinda gross looking
>>
>>8854233
What is your diet like? I wanna still look good when I'm 30
>>
File: Skincare routine 2016.png (902KB, 1340x1307px) Image search: [Google]
Skincare routine 2016.png
902KB, 1340x1307px
>>8839247
This is my current routine. I am 24 years old, I hardly ever wear makeup (once-twice a month) and I have normal skin with several imperfections. I tend to get milia (hard,white sebum spots) around my undereyes/top of my cheekbones and occasional blackheads on my chin and jawline (I rest my face on my hands a lot, but some are hormonal), and I have some sebaceous filaments and oil overproduction on my nose. I am currently living in southern Europe, in a relatively big coastal city, which is not too humid (avg 50-70% but almost no rain) and with very mild winters and HOT AS BALLS summers.

I do not necessarily know what I'm doing since I have no cosmetology training, but this routine seems to be working pretty well for me. I wash my face with lukewarm to cool water (I lean towards cold because it feels better on my skin), apply toner and move on to spot treatments. The keratolytic solution helps with the blocked pores and breakouts I might get and the mattifying solution I only use on my nose, since I find it too drying for the rest of my face. I also use the Etude House My Lash Serum because my eyelashes are extremely weak byt themselves and risk falling off if I even dare to blink too fast. I enjoy sheet masks occassionally, but I didn't include them since I try a new one every time.

Right now I am looking forward to expand my routine adding several steps I haven't tried yet (oil, essence) and maybe incorporate a morning section to it. Some of the products I am considering to buy soon are:

-A sleeping pack/mask. I've heard good things about the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack, esp the part about it being non sticky. I sleep on my side and that has hold me off this step because I can't help but imagine waking up stuck to my pillow.
-A mild morning cleanser: I was looking at The Face Shop Rice Cleansing Water.
-Nice sunscreen.
>>
This seems to be the place to ask. I was wondering why I always seem to break out in the same spot? It's always the same area on my cheek.
>>
>>8855630
I love Biore sunscreens - their aqua watery one is my favourite.
>>
>>8855659
I had that same problem. It turned out I wasn't washing my sheets enough. Having a clean pillowcase can do wonders
>>
>>8855659
It's could be hormones, but most likely it's just basic cystic acne. You don't need a face full of it, but breaking out always in the same spot means the pore is clogged super deep beneath the skin, so it will just flare up there more often. Using a BHA will help the problem, it deep cleans pores.
>>
Anyone used "Aztec Secret Indian Healing Facial Clay"? I'm looking at it on Amazon and it's got good reviews but i'm not sold. Iv'e got cystic acne on my chin and it needs to go (or at least calm down) for my holiday.
>>
>>8855948
I use it for my blackheads
It really lessens the appearance of them when I use it after tonymoly's egg pore stuff
>>
>>8855948
I used it and it dried my skin out so bad, I now have a wrinkle on my forehead that wasn't there before. Got better results on acne using regular AHA and BHA.
>>
what kind of exfoliant does this stuff count as?
>>
>>8856526
a physical exfoliant. peeling gels are smoke and mirrors, the "dead skin" that balls up on your hands is just the gel and not your skin. the stuff that balls up can exfoliate you if you scrub with it though.
>>
Dry Skin:
Super new to this skin care thing... I use purity made simple cleanser.
Should I think of still getting a BHA and a AHA? I always hear recommendations of Paula's Choice but they are 28 dollars each on amazon and that's a lot to drop down. Any alternatives or is Purity cleanser enough?

My routine is very small:

Purity and exfoliating
Full of Promise in a jar (moisturizer)
Vaseline on top
Drinking water

I am going to be buying a toner and a sleep pack/face masks soon
MAYBE BHA and AHA if I need them but I am not sure if my cleanser is enough and the products recommended on sites are a lot of money
>>
>>8856640
Why get Paula's choice when you could read this thread and find recommendations that are literally 1/3 of the price, like COSRX.
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 1030x1087px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 1030x1087px
Does anyone know if this can help super oily acne prone skin?
>>
>>8856659
Well i was more or less wondering if I need to still get a BHA or AHA with my current cleanser. But I'll scroll back up to find recommended AHA and BHAs (this was from past threads and on reddit I got the paula's recc). But I still don't know if I should still get them with my current cleanser?
>>
>>8856708
Yes, before I went full AB I used Noxema exclusively. It's a pretty nice formula and works wonders if your skin feels really oily or dirty.
>>
>>8856718
Thank you! Also AB?
>>
>>8856719
Asian Beauty - multi-step skin care. Idk if I'd use it again after going AB but it's been a favorite of all the women in my family for a long time.
>>
Speaking of pricey products, anyone have a favorite "splurge" item they use? None of my products are particularly expensive, but I'm curious what others consider to be worth some extra $$$
>>
>>8856714
Cleansers don't exfoliate in the same way as a leave on solution because you wash them off, so if you think your skin needs a gentle chemical exfoliant then you shouldn't be trying to find that in your cleanser.
>>
>>8856879
This makes a lot more sense. I just thought BHA and AHA replaced cleansers entirely. Thank you anon.
>>
How does your skin usually react with products that don't agree? Is it possible/normal for acne to be caused then actually brought to the surface a few days later?
If you get acne often, do you notice a difference in "bad product reaction" and "too much dairy" acne?

For some background: I've had a really really shitty breakout for weeks now. My center forehead is a warzone and my cheeks and nose are really getting hit too, but my neck and chin are actually pretty unaffected. I've mostly noticed stress acne occuring either on my jaw or temples/hairline and I just quit my shitty job so I'm ruling that out. I want to blame my new concealer, but I still get breakouts where I don't wear it and on days I don't wear it. But, the breakouts started suspiciously soon after I bought it.
If it's relate to diet, I don't even know what to do anymore. I already eat way cleaner and drink more water than anyone I know and I take oral contraceptives. I'll live off only green tea and rice for a month if I need to, but I don't want to do it in vain.
Basically pissed because I thought things were looking up.
>>
>>8856530
If this is true, how come the balls don't appear when rubbing on a non-skin surface?
>>
File: routine.jpg (177KB, 1118x317px) Image search: [Google]
routine.jpg
177KB, 1118x317px
>>8839247
Basic morning routine here, with some Aveeno skin brightening scrub once in a while.

I have combo skin, which can take a beating from some products but is super sensitive to others. Not sure yet what products/ingredients cause it. I don't 'breakout' much anymore, just a pimple here or there once in a while.

Only recently got into skincare so I have no idea what I'm doing to be honest, and I'm poor so I like drugstore stuff, but it seems to be working so far.

Current issues:
>Undereye bags still bad even if I sleep/eat well and drink a shitton of water. Genetic then. Any eye serums or whatever I can introduce?

>Skintone is blotchy. Not HORRIBLY blotchy, and foundation of course does the trick, but I would like to see if I can get the tone more even. Product recommendations/ideas?
>>
>>8856714
If you have dry skin, get an AHA. If you have oily/acne prone skin, you start with a BHA. BHA deep cleans pores, AHA helps slough off dead skin cells.

Also, it doesn't matter what cleanser you're using for a chemical exfoliant, because chemical exfoliants are pH sensitive. That means you NEED to have a toner in your routine if you use one, otherwise, you use whatever cleanser and moisturizer works best for you. I don't understand why you use vaseline though? That doesn't add moisture to your skin, it just traps whatever's there in there?

You need to start a basic routine before you even think about adding chemical exfoliants. Go to the last thread in the archive, and anon wrote about basic routines. You don't even need to use expensive products for your basic routine, half of the stuff you can just get at the drugstore if you're short on money. Read the thread, anons post routines and reccomendations.
>>
>>8856708
Look at >>8839395
>>
>>8857038
>thought BHA and AHA replaced cleansers entirely

please read this anon, and start a basic routine before adding anything like chemical exfoliants

>https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1fx45x/ahas_and_bhas_whats_the_difference_and_how_to/
>>
>>8857168
You know when it's your skin not agreeing with a product because the acne will be in places that you don't normally breakout. You know your skin best. The only products that "bring acne out" as in a purge, in the case of cystic acne, are actives. So things like BHA/AHA, vitamin c serum, etc. Otherwise, it's a reaction, but you need to find out the cause. You said it's stress, it could be that, lack of sleep, dairy/gluten/sugary foods. Your immune system, etc. Are you near your period, are you on birth control? I'd stop using the concealer for a few weeks just in case though. What's your routine like?
>>
>>8857613
I guess what I'm mostly asking is: how soon after being triggered does acne usually manifest itself? It'll be easier to pinpoint what the issue is once I can figure out my reactions.

I should have mentioned, I'm not getting cystic acne. Just small pustules everywhere. It looks like a bad reaction, but I'm not sure to what.
I've been using cerave cleanser and moisturizer with a witch hazel toner for 6 months now. I haven't worn makeup for 3 days now, so I'm working on testing it.
I think a lot of it could be sugar/dairy/gluten but my diet hasn't changed at all, so I'm not sure why this would happen all the sudden
My hormones have always been kind of fucked. I've been having a lot of suspicions that I have too much testosterone because of excess body hair/unending superficial acne since the age of 11/very irregular periods. I'm on a pill birth control now and I haven't had a period in a long time, the periods I did get were just 1 day of light bleeding before. Before birth control, I had a week long period maybe once every 2 months as an average but it was totally unpredictable and could last for weeks or hours, but always very light.
>>
>>8858136
Holy shit anon, you're hormones are definitely out of whack. If you want though, you should definitely speak with your doctor about figuring out a particular BC that will help regulate your hormone levels in particular, in order to help with your acne.

This article should help you understand your breakout:
>http://www.xovain.com/skin/how-to-tell-if-youre-purging-or-breaking-out

Pustules are a sign of a product reaction. I'd say that a reaction can occur anywhere between a day of starting a new product to a week. It just depends on your skin. You should considering going to a dermatologist in order to speak with them more, since you most likely need professional help. Better birth control, perhaps accutane, etc. They'd be able to run blood work and help you pinpoint your problems.

You may honestly benefit from adding a BHA to your routine. It could help combat the constant acne by preventing any sort of build up in your pores. Just something to think about. Vitamins could help too, Cod fish liver oil (the liquid stuff) is an excellent supplemet cocktail for acne. (I believe it is high on the good kinds of Omega-3, Vitamin D, and A) Zinc is also a good vitamin to look into, it helps regulate hormones and such.
>>
>>8858243
Hah yeah. I keep putting off visiting the doctor, but I'm trying to schedule a regular checkup soon and I'll bring it up then. I was reading the possible side effects of too much testosterone, and the list was everything I had and then "an enlarged clitoris that may jot return to it's original size" and I freaked out a little.
My BC at the moment is the "low estrogen" kind, but I guess that's not exactly what I need right now.

Thanks for the good article! For now, I'm using limited skin products and eating simpler foods, I'll definitely check the archives for some BHA and vitamin reccs. I went to the dermatologist once a few years ago when I was 17 and she basically just handed me a printout that said "you're a hormonal teen, wash your face everyday, here's some cerave product samples" and sent me on my way in 5 minutes and I don't really want to have to pay for that.
>>
help me /cgl/
there's less than 2 days left before a con and I'm breaking out (getting close to period time so that's probably the reason)
no time to out and buy stuff; con is at school and gotta go tomorrow since it's a 5 hour commute

don't have much in my routine:
> face shop calming seed cleanser / lush herbalism
> face shop chia seed toner
> aveeno clear complexion daily moisturizer
> this thing >>8856526

also have a box of dr morita snail masks on hand and a small thing of sebamed clear face anti-pimple gel
>>
>>8858286
Yeah, your skin as a teen and your skin as an adult are different. Definitely shop around for a dermatologist that you think will help you. I wound up looking through a health magazine with reccomendations for the top dermatologists in the area, called the one, and her wait time was so long she reccomended me to another, who I honestly really like. However, I had to wait 6 months to see her, as a new patient. The original one I called had a year waiting list. So you may want to try finding one soon just in case their is a long wait time.
You should definitely add a spot treatment though, just to help dry up the acne when it comes to a head.

If your new derm is worth their salt, they'll send you for bloodwork to test your hormone levels, and talk you through what products you use and your routine.
>>
>>8855252
Okay, anon, I'm gonna tell you how I cleared up my SI scars.
>motherfucking Bio Oil
>coconut oil
>raw shea butter; the yellow stuff straight from the nut that you get from Africans

Just those three things cleared up my scars to the point that you can't even tell they were ever there. I started using them on my stretch marks plus exfoliating, and I can definitely see a difference. I was a dumbass kid that never wore lotion until I was nearly done growing, so I have awful stretch marks all over my ass, and they're old as shit. It's taking an incredibly long time for them to fade, but it's happening, and I look forward to being able to wear cute bathing suits without feeling terrible self conscious.
>>
I have this one red spot on my face that's a really bad acne scar. It's been there for a few years now. What treatment can I get to remove it? Zapping, or minor surgery is fine, I just need to know what it's called. it annoys me so much I'm willing to drop a couple hundred to remove it.
>>
I have super dry skin and I've been on the look out for more products. I'm lucky enough to have crazy soft skin, but that comes naturally. I still get really flaky skin though. Anyone know of good products to go for? I've been looking for a nice foaming cleanser. I have no skin routine at the moment.
>>
>>8858593
Vitamin c serum is the best thing to fade acne scars. An AHA will also help by promoting skin cell turnover rate and exfoliating the top layer. But yeah, start with vitamin c serum. Give it a few months and it will be a huge improvement.
>>
>>8858676
If you have dry skin you should avoid foaming cleansers. They actually are rather drying, which is why we don't usually reccomend them. I like First Aid Beuaty Ultra Repair Cream as a heavy moisturizer. It doesn't leave you greasy and absorbs really well.
>>
>>8858593
If you have absolutely no luck from topical products, laser or microdermabrasion may help. I'd definitely suggest vitamin C, AHA and niacinamide products first though.

>>8858676
Please don't use a foaming cleanser. The other anon is right about them being drying - I know they feel nice but they're usually stripping away your natural skin barrier. Cerave Hydrating Cleanser and Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser are about as strong as anyone needs to go with cleansers.
>>
>>8857201
acrylate polymers in the gel react with oil and coagulate to form fiber chunks. labmuffin has a writeup about this.
>>
>>8858136
Try products without cetyl alcohol or whatever. When people have problems with cerave its that ingredient causing it.
>>
>>8858821
Sorry it might be steryl alcohol I can't remember I'm crashing after drinking right now

Anyway I was hoping someone may know of a good moisturizer that hydrates like water? I'm sick of lotions. I use cetaphil oil control moisturizer in the day time and it blocks the oilyness until later in the evening which I like, but I really don't feel moisturized and fresh wearing it.

Anything like super hydrating in general would be cool, like masks and stuff... dehydrated skin. Anyone try the Korean misting sprays?
>>
>>8858353
use the anti pimple gel several times a day, like it says, drink lots of water and use coverup
>>
>>8858832
Aloe Vera gel is good as part of your moisturizing process. Doing a sheet mask in the evening is good as well, although you should try to find one depending on your specific skin needs - are you acne prone as well as oily?
>>
i always breakout right along my cheekbones, and i have dark circles under my eyes.
any ideas on what to use?
>>
>>8859378
Can you at least tell us about your skin type and current skincare regime (if any) first? What have you tried, what is your diet like, do you get enough sleep, etc?
>>
>>8858353
Chill out on the make up and pore clogging products except for sunblock.
>>
My family booked me an appointment for a facial as a congrats gift for my horrible cystic acne finally clearing up. I've never gotten one before, what exactly do they do? Is it like a facial massage or something? It's for sensitive skin or something.
>>
File: facestufftoner.jpg (85KB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
facestufftoner.jpg
85KB, 1200x840px
I think I already know the answer to my question, but thought I would ask for some advice/recommendation.

I am torn on which toner to get. I have combo skin, oily in t-zone dry on cheeks and chin. acne/cystic acne some skin discoloration.
I am looking at Kerstin Florian products.
I've used the Neroli Water before and love it, so was going to go with that, but they have this Oli Control one too. Not sure now.

>Rehydrating Neroli Water
Skin type: Normal, Dehydrated and Sensitive Skin
This unique floral water from the Bitter Orange Blossom soothes, hydrates and freshens the skin. Excellent for the face and body.

>Clarifying Oil-Control Toner
Skin type: Combination and Oily Skin
A refreshing toner based on Aloe Vera, Lavender and Salicylic Acid which tones normal to oily skin. Leaves skin looking brighter, more refined and radiant.

While browsing the other products
This Face Serum seemed really neat.
>Face Serum SPF 25
Skin type: All Skin Types
Vitamin E and chamomile are combined with sunscreens to effectively protect against sun exposure and premature aging.

But not really wanting to drop the $60 on sunscreen. Have you come across something maybe similar?
>>
File: my skincare routine.png (4MB, 2784x2320px) Image search: [Google]
my skincare routine.png
4MB, 2784x2320px
Forgot to add this, I also use the Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence.

I'm 27 and I have very oily skin, occasional blemishes.

The honey ampoule I use at night after cleansing/toning when I am too tired to do my full routine, it's really good in a pinch like that. I think I might try their snail or aqua ampoule when I get done with this jar. Anyone try either of those?

The king's berry aqua "cream" (it's actually a gel) is great for summer, super lightweight and has a slight cooling effect.

I use most of my products at night. I don't like to use too many products during the day because my skin gets so oily. So when I wake up I will usually just do cleanser > toner > whitening power essence > peach emulsion > peach serum > sunscreen.

I know there is some debate about peeling gels but honestly the mizon one is really nice. My skin feels really soft after using it and the smell is lovely. So I don't really care one way or the other about whether or not dead skin is coming off in little balls or whatever.

In the mail I've got the Holika Holika Wine Therapy Sleeping Mask (the red one) and the Aritaum Ginger Sugar Overnight Lip Mask. From what I hear, the sleeping pack it's good if you don't need lots of moisture, and I've been trying to buy more products specifically for wrinkles and whatnot.
>>
Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I was wondering if anyone could help with makeup smudging under my glasses, around my nose? They tend to wiggle down my face a little, so when I push them back up the makeup smears off and the redness on my nose becomes really prominent and looks awkward, oily or flakey around it where the makeup still is. Is there any protection I could get against this? I've used primers, setting sprays, changed moisturizers and powders.. I don't know what else to do, unless this is just a standard problem with having glasses?
>>
File: skincare.jpg (162KB, 900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
skincare.jpg
162KB, 900x1500px
This is my routine, I have dry patches but also some redness and occasional acne from the pill. Tony Moly has changed my life though.
>>
>>8846421
God I feel like such a retard, been using that same tea tree cleanser for a good 4 months every day now. Worked well at first but then noticed that I do get irritated around my cheekbones and break out somewhat heavily. Going to limit it to every other day until I can buy a new cleanser. Not even that anon.

Just started stepping into skin care/korean brands and it's good to have things like this to put to me in check.
>>
>>8846421
what on earth are you talking about? tea tree helps fight wrinkles, not cause them.
>>
>>8861550
That anon straight up said tea tree causes wrinkles, not that "too much tea tree" causes wrinkles. Learn some basic reading comprehension skills.
>>
>tfw on super simple regimen while broke
>minimizing product usage to make them last longer

i miss face masks and essences and the other pampering Korean stuff. i have a stubborn dry patch that is large, uncomfortanle, and unsightly (caused by trying to kill a zit with too much direct tea tree oil). i have just been using Cerave moisturizer but it is not healing. will try vitamin E oil... other suggestions appreciated.

(my morning routine is down to my remaining Innisfree foaming cleanser and Cerave moisturizer. the Innisfree keeps acne at bay but i suspect an oil cleanser would be less drying.)
>>
>>8861439
Tea tree does nothing for wrinkles that you couldn't also get from a less irritating oil. Learn 2 inflammation and its build up of ageing effects over time.
>>
They gulls! I have a question. So... Yeah. I'm old. All these new makeup and face things are a little foreign to me. Ive recently been seeing a lot of YouTube people talking more and more about serums and oils for their faces, but I'm wondering which would give me the better benefits for my money. I did a little research and a serum seems the best bet because my skin is, so dry, but I was wondering:

Which do you use, a face serum or a face oil and which works best for your skin type? Which do you prefer and why do you prefer that one?

I haven't gone and bought one yet, but I'm the only one out of my friends who is even interested in owning a serum or oil, so I don't have any of them to ask about which works better for them and why they like it more.
>>
>>8838666
What is this mask (and Skin78 in general) like?

It just looks so damn good and I can imagine the religious smell! I already use Skinfood's black sugar perfect mask for the same purpose, though..
>>
Hi hi, looking for a little advice
I'm 19, and my skin is really annoying. i have a bunch of small closed comedones all over my forehead, flaky between my eyebrows, kind of rough+red skin on my cheeks, and then breakouts on my chin. i eat mostly healthy, though i could be more hydrated.

my skin routine is
AM
>rinse face with water
>cerave moisturizing lotion
>neutrogena ultrasheer sunscreen
PM
>wash face with cetaphil gentle
>tea tree oil+coconut oil on spots
>witch hazel toner
>stridex in the red box
>nip/fab glycolic fix (the 2% glycolic acid) replaced 1x a week with alphahydrox 10% glycolic acid enhanced lotion
>moisturize

I wait 15-30 minutes between each step, tbqh it's probably a garbage routine, so recommendations? criticisms? ideas?
>>
>>8838844
You're better off purchasing sunblock separately, considering effects of SPF wear off after a while. Alternatively, you can purchase a BB/CC with SPF in it, which you can touch up during the day. It's not too hard to find if you look into Korean cosmetics as a lot of them have 35-50 spf.
>>
>>8846321
You might want to try using a gel moisturizer as they are more water based. Personally, one of my favourites is the Super Gel from the Arsainte line at The Face Shop because it moisturizes well without leaving any greasy look.
You could do some research, but I would look for moisturizers that focus more on hydration.
>>
Anyone else with sensitive skin have a red face after using a toner? I use the Neutrogena alcohol-free toner and every time I feel like my face gets super red afterwards. Instead of making my PH balance more, well, balanced, I think it moreso just stresses my skin out. If toner just a case by case basis if you really NEED it or is it absolutely necessary?
>>
>>8862224
I found I was dealing with flaky skin before and a konjac sponge really helped with that as it gave a gentle enough exfoliation to use every day. Just plop your cleanser on it when you go to wash your face.
Other than that, don't use exfoliators every day. It's better to use them 1-2 times per week so your skin doesn't rage at you and go all red.
>>
Is it true that I have to keep vitamin C serum in the fridge?
>>
>>8838666
Does anybody have any tips on how to make skin whiter?
>>
Any good sunscreens that won't stain clothes and is "waterproof"?
>>
>>8862245
Try a new toner anon, my skin used to be really red and sore whenever I put anything on it, but now I only use cosrx and benton on it and it almost always is fine.
>>8862224
You should see a dermatologist, t.b.h. If you can't, try cutting back on the tea tree oil and exfoliators, use a bha on your closed comedones, and moisturize more. Something with snails in it might work well for you too.
>>
>>8862316
You need to keep it somewhere cool and dark, the fridge is your best bet for not exposing it to too much heat and light

>>8862366
Stay indoors and don't venture outside without multiple layers to protect you from the sun
>>
How much water do you guys drink? I'm trying to go for 2 liters a day, but I've heard of people drinking 3 liters. Seems a bit much and I can't imagine the number of bathroom trips
>>
>>8862934
Probably about 2-3 liters but only because I take both morning and night allergy medicines which leave me very dry. Before that probably a liter or less on average. The water in the town I go to college is gross and hard so I have a 1 liter bottle that has a charcoal filter built into the straw.
Speaking of hard water, I feel like it's drying out my skin. It definitely leaves a weird chemical smell on it.
>>
>>8862316
vitamin c degrades when exposed to heat
that's why you're supposed to keep lemons in the fridge, otherwise the vitamin c in them very quickly degrades
>>
I'm 18 years old with oily skin. My primary skin concerns are blackheads and other acne. I know I should be using BHA but how do I go about selecting a product? There's so many
>>
>>8861642
bump for suggestions? a konjac sponge has been added to my buy-as-soon-as-possible list
>>
>>8862984
You keep lemons in the fridge to stop them from rotting. People don't do it to protect their vitamin C. You really have to abuse it with heat to break down the acid anyway.
Hardcore people say to keep it in the fridge but I've never had a problem keeping mine in the bathroom. As long as the bottle is tightly closed though! Once I left an old bottle slightly open for a while when I switched to another product to test that out and the serum turned brown (I just put the plastic cap over the dropper top and didn't actually screw the dropper top in).
>>
>>8862991
If you are too broke to even afford Korean beauty I don't know what to tell you. Their stuff is absurdly cheap.

>>8862934
I thought I read somewhere that drinking absurd amounts of water doesn't really do much for you and that the benefits of drinking 9 glasses a day or whatever are greatly exaggerated
>>
>>8863121
2 liters of water is absurd? It's always good to keep hydrated
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>8863121
you're giving even me a run for my money as far as shitposting goes, congrats

>>8863268
it isn't, that's what is recommended to someone of a normal weight to stay hydrated throughout the day

>>8862374
for body or face? shiseido makes a good face one

>>8862245
that toner isn't working for you
>>
>>8862987
Read this
>https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1fx45x/ahas_and_bhas_whats_the_difference_and_how_to/

Main three BHAs are Stridex Redbox, Paula's Choice, and Cosrx blackhead power liquid. Pick one based off of which you think your skin will react to best, and how strong a product you feel you need. All are good.

Before you add a BHA to your routine though, you need to have an established basic routine, with a toner and everything. You need to have a toner to help reset your skin's pH since BHAs are pH sensitive.

Something like this should help you with blackheads and acne in general. Any BHA will work with this:
>http://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

If you like, post your routine and we can help you get started. Drink lots of water, keep a healthy diet, and trying to limit junky snacks and soda will help with acne as well. Going on birth control is another posibility to help curb acne.

This peron's routine >>8839395 is a good example of a product list for oily/acne prone skin.
>>
>>8862993
So it's fine to keep my vial in the cabinet?

>>8863271
Sunscreen for face. Any specific one from Shiseido? All the ones I'm looking at isn't sweatproof/waterproof. Should I even care about that?
>>
>>8862984
No, vitamin c oxidizes when exposed to light. It's why it's in an opaque or dark brown container. Keeping it in the fridge helps it stay fresh longer. You don't HAVE to but you do extend it's shelf period if you do. It's like a potatoe, you store it in a cool, dark place. Refridgerator is easiest and best because it is both cool and dark (when the door is closed).
>>
YOU CAN'T SHRINK PORES
YOU CAN'T SHRINK PORES
YOU CAN'T MAKE YOUR PORES OPM OR CLOSE
THEY ARE NOT A MUSCLE
THERE IS ZERO MECHANISM FOR A CLOSING ACTION
YOU CANNOT SHRINK YOUR PORES
THIS IS A FUCKING MYTH STOP BUYING INTO IT
YOU CAN'T SHRINK PORES
>>
>>8862245
As a general rule of thumb, just avoid Neutrogena products, they are all around irritating and overly strong. A lot of anons have posted before about negative reactions to their products.
You don't NEED toner, but it is part of a basic routine for a reason. It helps reset the pH of your skin, which is what you need if you want to introduce actives into your routine. It also helps pick up whatever your cleanser missed, be it makeup or whatever, and also very low key exfoliates. It only helps you, since it can be hydrating, and helps your skin. Look into Thayer's brand witch hazel for a toner. It is aclohol free, comes in different kinds with different benefits.
>>
>>8863271
How am I shitposting? Brands like Holika Holika and Tonymoly are as cheap as it gets

>>8863268
This was what I read: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/25/upshot/no-you-do-not-have-to-drink-8-glasses-of-water-a-day.html
>>
>>8863292
We already know this?
>>
>>8863299
This. I have overly sensitive skin and am completely fine with my toner. It's Neutrogena products that were making my skin irritated and more messed up. Their brand in general is just way too strong and overly stripping. You'll be fine if you get a different toner. Just don't use Neutrogena skincare stuff and you'll be fine.
>>
>>8863302

You sure about that >>8863280
>>
>>8862224
Anon, a basic routine is to be done AM and PM. This means cleanser, tone and moisturize twice a day. You are just rinsing your face with water, but while you sleep your skin sheds dead cells, can get oily and have build up from your PM products. Do your basic routine twice a day.

Now for your BHA, the Stridex Redbox, you should not be using that every day. Every other day, otherwise it will just be way too stripping. I'm not sure about using both TTO and coconut oil together as a spot treatment, since both are ultimately oils. Coconut oil, for example, is incredibly rich in vitamin e which is great for fading acne scars. Both coconut oil and TTO are anti inflamatory, and work best when cut with something else. I'd say pick one, and cut it with some apple cider vinegar to help dry out the acne (dip a qtip in some ACV and then dip that same side into which ever oil, and apply to spots). Straight oils can actually be irritating to skin and cause more breakouts, which is why they work better when cut with something else.

So essentially, do basic routine morning and night, work on spot treatment, and only do BHA every other day and see how that effects your skin. Some people can do BHA every day, but you should always work your way up to every other day first for best results. Otherwise every day without knowing how your skin does every other day can mean that the redbox may be causing extra irritation thus more acne.
>>
>>8863305
That routine is for clearing out sebaceous filaments and blackheads, anon. If you had bothered to read it, she flat out says it's impossible to shrink pores. It's posted very often in these threads. Haven't you ever gone on fiftyshadesofsnal?
>>
>>8863305
Anon, fifty shades of snail says that it's impossible to shrink pores in that very post. It's for clearing out sf and blackheads.
>>
>>8863305
Read it again you dumb cunt.
>>
>>8863292
>"Something which has no muscles cannot expand or contract."

ROCKS (and literally every other carbon-based object on Earth, ie. everything) WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A WORD WITH YOU.

WOW, LOOK AT ALL OF THESE FUCKING CAPS. IT'S ALMOST LIKE I'M REALLY ON TUMBLR!
>>
>>8863469
To clarify before you shitppst right back at me;

You're right that pores can't be permanently shrunk. Stop saying that you can't 'open or close them because they don't have muscles omg!!' Every fucking time.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
Any reccs for a day lotion with SPF that isn't greasy? I bought [TONYMOLY] I'm Real Avocado Rich Cream without realizing it doesn't have any SPF in it so I can only use it at night. I've been using the Cerave day lotion without troubles but I'm just kind of over it.
>>
I've been using the same tea tree cleansing lotion for a while now, but after reading some of the replies im this thread, I'm unsure whether I should keep using it. What would be a good alternative? I am in the netherlands, so not all brands are available to me.
>>
>>8863642
Try the brand bravura London.They have quite good products.
>>
>>8863569

Tonymoly itself has a pretty good SPF line - My Sunny. I tried a regular and tinted sunblock and both were very light and not greasy.
>>
>>8842759
Kind of late, but I've heard that caffeine works.
>>
>>8838666
Kind of related to the hair thread as well, but do any of you ladies have any idea how to deal with the effects of hard water on skin/hair? I moved to AZ a year ago and I noticed my hair is extremely dry and frizzy and my skin is dry/dehydrated. When I lived in IL I had no pimples and overactive oils in my face. Would washing my face with distilled water combat the dryness? Plz don't tell me my face will be this dry forever
>>
>>8863727
Thanks! I actually got a sample of it with my avocado cream order so I'll try it out.
>>
>>8838738
Seconding this
What kind do you have? I just have the solid redness in blotches across my cheeks and up to my nose
>>
>>8864289
I recommend this blog's routine. She also moved to the desert and got into skincare because of dry skin issues.

http://www.snowwhiteandtheasianpear.com/
>>
>>8864289
For your hair, use an apple cider vinegar rinse. 1 - 2 tbsp for every cup of water, depending on how your hair handles it. It's supposed to help get rid of any build up you might get because of the water.
>>
>>8861229
To add to this, I want to add some eyecare to my routine. I know Tony Moly do a panda eye stick but would I be better off getting a cream??
>>
>>8865213
use a cream the stick does jack shit
>>
I guess i'm kinda lucky in that most of my skin issues end up on my back.
all i do is use some lush shit and im generally pretty good
>>
Hey Gulls, any commendations on ampoules/serums that can help with hyper-pigmentation? I've used AHA and Vitamin C but it seems to have come to a halt in terms of making a difference in the pigmentation. I had some bad jawline breakouts due to changing birthcontrol after 22 years of problem free skin.

Skin type: Oily T zone but normal cheeks

Any help appreciated!
>>
>>8865371
shit I bought it some weeks ago

I bought the whitener one though
>>
>patch tested one moisturizer earlier than suggested
>really excited since its a HG for many my skin type - combo/dry
>small bumps on patch tested

Made me sadder than I had anticipated since I was looking forward to using this.

I feel like I'm in denial about it since I tried it immediately after trying out a new cleanser, which I didn't patch test.

I might try it again two weeks after my face is used to the cleanser but I'm also looking back at other moisturizers that are good for combo/dry
>>
What do collagen masks do? A friend gave one to me and it seems like it was anti inflamatory? I have no idea what collagen does, I thought you got it injected or something.
>>
>>8865434
AHA and Vitamin C's what you use, and it's a gradual process. It takes something like 2 years to fade acne scarring and all that jazz.
>>
>>8866556
Nothing on top of skin, it can't be absorbed.

>>8865434
Niacinamide can help too
>>
I don't know if this is the right place for asking, but I have read here once about a korean cream for making you boobs bigger (a realistic size), does it really work?
>>
Anyone know of a skin whitener that works? Not necessarily a bleacher but just something that will either make your skin lighter or appear lighter
>>
>>8866651
No.

>>8866767
If you want to appear lighter then just get foundation one shade lighter
>>
Hello, does anyone have experience with Aztec Clay masks? I've heard good things about them and was considering ordering one for myself. I have a tiny bit of cystic acne, and a decent amount of acne scarring. I heard this draws out the acne, dries it up, and helps heal scars?
>>
>>8867120
Aztec Clay can be very drying so if you have sensitive skin or don't have a good moisturising regime already you can irritate your skin more and make things worse. For people who are truly oily and acne prone (i.e. not just overproducing oil because their skin is actually being stripped too much with cleansers/scrubs/other treatments) it can be an absolute godsend. I haven't heard much about it helping scars, but definitely with helping acne and helping clear skin up.
>>
>>8865451
lmao same - at least it's cute?
I might empty mine out and make a diy lip balm or something
>>
How do you figure out what type of skin you have?
I get acne where it's a lot of small bumps on my forehead and cheeks, and more red/white-heads around the perimeter of my face, but then dry skin at the corner of my nose. For skin care I've just been using a konjac sponge (but it seems I need to replace it), a sugar exfoliate sometimes, and nivea soft lotion. It usually clears the painful acne but not everything.
I don't know what you would call my type of face and what type of products to look for.
>>
I introduced BHA Blackhead Power Liquid into my routine about 2 weeks ago and i know it's still early days but how long until i really start to see a difference? My acne has been purging on my chin but I haven't seen that much difference apart from that. Also i was told to introduce it gradually however iv'e had no problems using it every other day since i brought it, should i start using it everyday?
>>
>>8867753
>a sugar exfoliate sometimes
You mean like, sugar crystals or it has sugar in it? Because sugar crystals are really sharp and you might as well just be using sand paper for all the good it's doing you.
>>
>>8867653
I read the reviews of the whitener one and it seems it can be used even as a eyeshadow primer lol at least the package is cute and it was cheap, sorry not sorry for the people who bought it overpriced from local retailers though
>>
>>8867759
2 to 4 weeks. I would start using it every day if you think it is helping.

>>8867753
I think you need less physical exfoliation and more chemical exfoliation. Stop using the sugar exfoliate, get a new gentle pH balanced cleanser, and try a BHA exfoliant (i.e. 1% or 2% salicylic acid lotion that you leave on) for a couple of weeks to see if it helps, then considering adding in an AHA (10% glycolic acid) as well. Definitely keep moisturising.

>>8862184
So far all of the Korean "essences" I've tried have made me break out on both my oily and dry parts (combination skin, acne prone) so my next step is going to be trying face oils. Currently I use creams
>>
So, I don't know if anyone has any suggestions for this, but I thought I'd ask, maybe one of you guys has gone through something similar?
I've been off the pill for about two weeks after being on it for about five years, and my skin has cleared up amazingly. I haven't been getting many of the bigger cyst-like pimples I'm used to, especially around my jaw, and my closed comedones have practically disappeared. It's fucking incredible. But I need to go back on birth control, so I was wondering if anyone has had experiences with other forms that didn't wreck your skin? This is the clearest my skin has been in years and the only change in my routine has been going off the pill, so I'm sure it's the reason why.
>>
>>8868161
Do you remember which pill you were on? Maybe the amount of hormones in it was too much for you. I've been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for over 5 years and my skin is in pretty good shape. I had bad acne in high school before starting the pill but I was also in sports, sweated a lot, and picked at every pimple I saw. Anyway, maybe you just need a low hormone pill. Hopefully someone else can offer their insight as well!
>>
>>8868161
Mini pill or combined? Mini pill causes acne, combined can if the hormone ratio or amount is wrong for you
>>
File: 20160216_193115.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160216_193115.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
>>8838666
Bought a Vitamin C serrum and I assume the date says 2015 something something.
Does it mean it is expired ?
Here's a picture.
>>
>>8868761
If it's an eastern product then that's the manufacture date. Korean cosmetics and skincare stuff usually puts the manufacturing date on the product to show how fresh it is, rather than an experation date.
>>
>>8868161
I'm on a pill specifically to help my acne. If you go through a dermatologist to get your BC they'll give you a perscription for one that helps level your hormones. At the very least talk to your doctor and have them switch you to like Desogen or something, things that are geared towards acne.
>>
>>8864844
Thank you for this.
I'm totally new to skincare and have been fucking my skin up worse the past year trying new stuff. I've only read her history but her skin sounds just like mine except instead of moving to the desert I became an adult and my skin turned to shit.
Thank you.
>>
I bought a sample of Paula's choice in December because it seemed like the best choice for me, and it seems to have been doing a good job at purging my skin and getting rid of redness. I'm out of it now and was about to order a full size when I saw on this thread that Cosrx is just as good, and now I'm stuck. Should I keep going with something that seems to be working for me or should I try something cheaper?

And should I eventually be adding an AHA in? my skin isn't really very dry (gets dry around my cheeks in super cold weather, that's about it) but I do have some areas that are kind of light acne scars. Hoping the BHA will get rid of it by itself but idk
>>
>>8870937
If it works for you and you want to introduce something new for the scars (I suggest vitamin C first rather than AHA) then stick to it. If you don't mind the extra time and are keen on the potential savings, get the cosrx
>>
>>8865434
Not all pills are supposed to make your skin more acne-prone; some do the opposite. You should change it ASAP.

>>8868161
Some pills make your skin more acne-prone, other are prescribed against acne. Just make sure whoever prescribes your next one is aware of the problem and gives you the right kind.
>>
Any suggestions for a heavy moisturizer for normal/dry?

I liked Lush Celestial but not enough that I want to try something new. I tried Ms Honey and Mr Flower cream but it broke me out

Thanks again for the help
>>
I was looking at my cetaphil bottle and it says it can be used without water. Just rub it in and wipe it off. Is that advisable?
>>
>>8873334
Steam cream?

>>8873342
You'll have cleaner residue on your face, plus wiping it off will physically exfoliate and potentially irritate your skin.
>>
Any solutions for really bad bacne? Sometimes the scars fade a little, but sometimes, like now, they get really bad. I have a problem with scratching, which I know doesn't help matters, but I don't really have a consistent regiment for my back either, which I think worsens the problem.

I tried the acne dot org regiment a while back. Not sure if it really helped, but it's gotten so bad that I might go with it again. What's worked for you guys? I have dry skin for reference.
>>
>>8873350
Used to be really bad, think it was because I washed too much and made it break out even more, something to do with the skins protective barrier? Currently looking for a more gentler body wash for my chest and back, a lot more better now than before, but I occasionally get a pimple here and there.

Also found this, if anyone is buying from Paula's Choice. https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/46fbro/psa_paulas_choice_coupon_code/
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 750x957px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 750x957px
So I used this Korean foot peel, and followed the instructions to a T.

The peeling is supposed to start within 3-5 days. So far nothing (it's been 4 days), but the bottom of my feet feel slightly numb. Does that mean it's working?

I'm just getting nervous because I've heard foot peels don't work on everyone.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (8KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8KB, 194x259px
>>8875316
It took mine 4 days to show up.

Soak your feet Anon. They have to be wet for a good amount of time to help the dead skin separate. Sometimes a shower is long enough but not always.

DO NOT lotion them. That helps the dead skin stay on longer.

Just soak them in water daily and that should do the trick.
>>
I'm 18 but I want to take precautions to preserve my skin now. What kind of anti-aging serums should I be using? I already moisturize with a generic CVS facial moisturizer and am vigilant about sun protection.
>>
>>8873350
I would like to know this too
>>
>>8875376
You could start retinol and vitamin c

>>8875316
Mine took 6.

>>8873350
I use a similar regime to my face if I break out. I generally use minimal soap on my back, I'll use cetaphil instead then a bha liquid, aha cream and benzoyl peroxide spot treatment if breaking out. For the scars I suppose vitamin c and retinoids should work too. Does your skin get dry on your back?
>>
>>8875316
>>8875355
>>8875825
I've done the foot peel thing as well and it just didn't work. My feet did peel a little bit but it was far from spectacular.

What are your favourite skincare/makeup brands, anons? Do you have any brands you fall back on and whose products you usually love?

For me it's Innisfree for makeup, Etude for sheet masks and my country's usual drugstore brand for skincare (they make some next level shit like creams packed full of goodies like vit A, vit E, panthenol and ceramides and their cleansers are always pH-balanced and gentle)
>>
>>8875376
use retinol products on your face, and if you don't already, start using eye cream now (preferably with q10 complex)
additionally, use products with upwards of spf30 on your face every single day. I'm 22 (and a student eek), and doing this has saved my own skin, so to speak :p
>>
>>8875825
Do you use retinal in serum form or in moisturizer form?
>>
I think my face sunscreen is breaking me out, does anyone have any reccomendations for like an spf 50 or so?
>>
>>8876307
I use SunBum SPF 70. Has vitamin E. It hasn't broke me out once (to my knowledge but I am not acne prone).
>>
>>8875825
Yeah.

Thanks for the tips!
>>
>>8862934
Honestly it depends on your lifestyle. 8 cups = 2 litres a day is good for an average person. Too much water can actually be detrimental, causing tummy aches, head aches, constant peeing (which is just annoying), and because you're so full of water all the time you may not eat enough because your body doesn't feel hungry.

I play a high level competitive sport and go to the gym 5 days a week, so I drink closer to 3 per day, but I wouldn't recommend that to other people who don't do the same.
>>
Hey anons. So... I have very dry skin, but also very sensitive skin. My ponds keeps it moderately hydrated, but not enough. I always feel like I need to exfoliate my skin because its rough by the end of the day.Do you guys have other ideas for products that will help? Like what kind of good hydrating for sensitive skin serums are there that anyone has tried? Ive used face masks, but even those don't do the trick for long.

Also, yes. I drink PLENTY of water. I pee basically every 30 minutes. ..Doesn't help that I have an overactive bladder though.
>>
>>8876296
Personally I have only used creams, they're not exactly moisturizers though.

>>8875914
No specific makeup things, but holy shit do I love Cosrx for skincare at the moment.
>>
>>8876307

I have very acne prone skin, soap and glory's 'make yourself youthful' (spf50) works wonders on my skin.
>>
Sheet mask right after cleanser or at the end of routine? I've heard conflicting answers about this
>>
>>8878423
Depends on the mask. I use moisturizing ones so I replace my regular moisture steps
>>
Can I get some help gulls? I have skin that constantly switches between oily and dry. Normally I'm oily but lately my skin has been dry, but that's probably due to the colder weather my city has had. I never really moisturized because I was so oily, but since I've been dry lately I've used a birthday sample I recieved from Sephora that's been working nicely. I'm not really acne prone unless I eat a lot of junk food, which I dont do often, or majorly stress myself out, a bit more common for me. Even though I don't get acne I get tons of black and white heads. Due to the white/black heads I have a few dark spots from picking/popping/generally touching them. I drink a ton of water and change my pillowcases fairly often. I was wondering if anyone has any product reccomendations or advice?
Currently what I use
>African Black Soap
>Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (sephora gift)
>Fresh Rose Mask (also sephora gift)
>sometimes Coconut Oil
>soft rubber (?) face scrubber
>very soft bristle brush for exfoliation
>>
>>8878626
But I don't eat bad at all. My meals are balanced and healthy. I even mentioned that I rarely eat junk food, and when I do that's the only time I get acne.
>>
>>8878659
caaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN YOU FEEL
THE SALT
TONIGHT
>>
>>8878680
I just decided to ignore them. I remember someone made a thread and they admitted to shitposting for fun so I figured it was them.
>>
>get a facial moisturizer from Ipsy
>really runny, is leaking out the cap as i open it
>strong smell, very sweet
>try it out on part of my face during morning routine, use regular moisturizer for rest
>it works better than my Cerave, that part of my face is noticeably smoother
>use it all over my face next morning
>still a runny, leaky mess that smells too much
>dry spots on face are much better

fuck, i don't like how it smells or how it's too watery for its own screw cap but it's fucking working. goddamn it.

>carrot+rose hydrating cream by seraphine botanicals for the curious
>>
>>8878803
stop whining you dumb bitch
>>
>>8878804
It's pretty relevant to the thread, Salty-chan.
>>
>product works great
>wahhh b-but I dun like this this and this about it even though it functions just fine!!!!

whining
>>
>>8878816
I thought >>8878803 was just talking about how a product they thought wouldn't work ended up working great and shared the product name. I didn't think they were really complaining that much..
>>
>>8878824
That's what I figured. It's not whining to say a product has faults or you have dislikes with it, regardless of if it works well or not.

Maybe anon's just embarrassed about their shit skin and attacking others cause of their insecurity.
>>
File: image.png (223KB, 405x381px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
223KB, 405x381px
>>8875914
>>8875825
>>8875355
It's been 5 days and still nothing.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.