[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nit Pick/Pet Peeves thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: samus-cosplay.jpg (89KB, 471x629px) Image search: [Google]
samus-cosplay.jpg
89KB, 471x629px
Let's discuss things in cosplay that really grind your gears,etc

I'll start with one of mine, shoes that are wrong, this cosplay isn't great otherwise but it would look significantly better if it wasn't sneakers
>>
i disliked it when ppl mistake my cosplay for something/someone else, but i cant really blame em if they dont know

>Time is Pre- R.A.M.
>As Tom from Daft Punk
>ppl thought i was robocop

>was Magicka wizard
>thought i was the guy from Journey
>>
uncut wig bangs.
>>
Wrinkled, unironed cosplays. No excuse for that. There's an iron in every hotel room.
>>
>>8837114
No Petticoats for shit that needs it

Madoka Kaname as an example
>>
>>8837131
or an uncut wig that's parted DIRECTLY IN THE MIDDLE meant for a character who is supposed to have bangs
>>
>>8837131
>>8837388
this bugs me like nothing else! if a character has bangs, don't buy a wig and sweep the fringe to the side! either style it yourself or buy a pre-styled wig!
>>
Unhemmed edges or loose hanging threads. It happens so often.
>>
details that are something someone shouldn't miss (ex. A stocking with her swords AND wearing both stockings)
>>
I have big 3

Wigs. Like just having a wig. Please dont use your natural hair. Even if it's the "correct" color. A wig will always look better inw photographs.

Shoes. Why spend $200 on making a cosplay only to wear your tennis shoes? Like god damn common.

Hems. Clean up your damn edges.

*makeup. I don't care if you're a man. Use a little cover up. It evens,out your skin tone and reduces shine in photos
>>
>>8837442
I feel this.
This happened to me recently
> friend: i finished this the night before
> sees loose threads polking out of the sleeve
>uh, yeah... I can tell
>>
>>8837595
i hate when people use natural hair! i've had friends who are "new" to cosplay try and argue me on it, "no his hair is short and black like mine" yeah but he's a cartoon, and you aren't
>>
File: alas.jpg (66KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
alas.jpg
66KB, 400x533px
People wearing sport jerseys and not tucking their shirts in. Tuck ya GD shirt in.
>>
women who choose to cosplay skimpy costumes but then use skin colored fabric that doesn't match their skin to cover up. it just looks bad. either commit to the skimpy costume or choose a different costume.
>>
clip on pony tail wigs with untrimmed bangs, badly trimmed blunt bangs
>>
I want to like this but theres so many things wrong with it.

>air folds on wings
>eyebrows blacker than night
>those bangs
>awkward angling of the bow
>the face isnt helping

why can't there be nice godokas
>>
>>8840089
why is it curly, also?
>>
>>8840137
Oh my god I was so distracted by the other stuff I didn't even notice the pigtails
>>
when people have aspects of their cosplays mirrored. this mostly happens with bangs and shit but it irritates me so much like how dumb do you have to be to not realize that mirror view =/= how people view it irl
>>
>>8840203
This always happens to me with cosplays and with drawings, but I usually catch it before finishing anything. Usually.
>>
>>8839351
It's the shine. It's all about photos.
The worse is when someone tries anime spike their natural hair
>>
I hate costesters.
I'm not going into detail, because you honestly know what I mean.
>>
>>8837145
I live close to my city's convention center so I just ride the train there and I don't own an iron. I don't even cosplay, but others might have the same excuse.
>>
>>8842123
i don't like their attitude because you'll tell them how to improve and they'll be all "ITS JUST A TESTTTT"
>>
>>8840089
god the /k/ in me wants to rip her a new one on how she's positioning with that arrow.
>>
>>8842151
irons aren't even expensive though i got mine for like $20 at target and it's kind of a necessity for a cosplayer
>>
>>8842151
hell even when i'm not staying at the con i just use my friend's rooms for storing stuff and burrowing their irons.
>>
>>8842151
you could even steam it without an iron, wrinkles aren't that hard to remove
>>
>>8841205
Justwearafuckingwig.jpeg

People who are the complete wrong height for a character with a known height. I've seen short Pyramid Heads, like get stilts or lifts please. Or really tall loli characters and they didn't fit the costume to accomodate their height.
>>
>>8848419
is height really that big of an issue?
I'm 5'11", and you know what that means, I cosplay super leggy anime girls like sailor moon etc.
They're supposed to be 5'4, am I so wrong for wanting to cosplay my favorite character? should I just chop off my knees?

Do you feel the same way about someones weight? length of legs? facial shape? size of boobs? Height isn't even something tall people can change like weight is, or facial shape ( w/ makeup).

Well you can't if your tall, short people really have no excuse.
>>
>>8848502
It wouldn't be nitpick if most people disagreed.

It's not across the board. It's mostly, in terms of cosplayers who are tall, that ordered their cosplay and it's obvi too short or awkward on them. Not saying dont cosplay your weeb fun, but imma nitpick from my corner.

>boobs
Well when big boobies cosplay canon small boobies my eyebrow raises but the more boobies the merrier.
>>
>>8848518
oh so you mean when a tall person buys a costume that is way too short and shows off their ass?
Not having your proportions right for a characters I can understand, because god does that fucking annoy me. (Short and tall people alike, especially with props. Though reasonably I can understand 6ft people not wanting to make ridiculous 8ft props.)

(I can sort of see where you're coming from, but god I have such a baby face. I will cosplay lolis even at my height.)
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 368x209px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 368x209px
>>8848549
>>
i really hate it when people cut their bangs way too fucking short and have their eyebrows showing and stuff when the character's hair isn't like that. just admit that you messed up your wig bangs and move on instead of wearing it anyway.
>>
>>8848419

Height only really bugs me if it's like a huge different, like say a girl 6'5 cosplaying chibi moon.
>>
>>8848419
That's not too bad though truthfully
>>
>>8839411
This. If you need "blunt" cut bangs, you take your time and do it layer by layer with your scissors pointing up and not just grabbing a handful and making scissor cuts directly across. Unless you're cosplaying Betsey Johnson, you need to up your wig-cutting game - literally just watch a tutorial on YouTube! 5 mins!
>>
>>8840203
Especially when folks buy all aspects of their costumes, and they don't take the time to wear it properly. (Like, I'm all for folks buying their costumes, - totally valid option, but if that's all the effort you did to obtain it, please, at least take the time to wear it appropriately and not mirrored.)
>>
>>8848202
You can also hang clothes in the bathroom with the hot shower going to steam them out.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.