[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 30

Old Thread >>8824247

Bodyline Thread >>8814807
Closet of Frills >>8832362
Comm Thread >>8799979
Coord Help Thread >>8791454
Dream Dress Thread >>8807220
EGL Wardrobe >>8794401
Old School Thread >>8816742
Online Comm Thread >>8809159
Plus Size Lolita >>8822201
Price Check Thread >>8822178
Skirts Thread >>8814784

Ouji Thread >>8761165
EGA/Aristocrat >>8729403
BST >>8821001

Lolita Guidebook
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/
>>
I feel like shit right now because I just spent $120 of birthday money on an OP and a bolero when I am supposed to be saving money for College, which starts soon. What do?
>>
>>8832713
regret then either have a closet cleanout or stick your non-essential money in a proper savings account that you can't get it out of
it's ok to occasionally impulse get shit just don't let it become a habit
>>
File: 1427375762488.jpg (60KB, 341x353px) Image search: [Google]
1427375762488.jpg
60KB, 341x353px
Just had to share this:
>google "lolita reaction images"
>first result is a google ad
>"Child abuse is a crime. Even on the internet"
What the hell nooo
>>
Sorry if this shouldn't go in the General thread, but I'm not sure where else I could put it.

Any tips on selling items?

I've had three items for sale for the past month, and they haven't even budged a tiny bit. I get flakes asking questions about the items, but they never actually buy anything.
They are priced at well below retail, and I seriously don't think I can take another hit with how low they are priced. My pictures are clear and the items are well documented. I'm not overcharging with shipping.
Wat do, anons? I just want this stuff out of my closet, desu.

Also OT but why the fuck can't people take five minutes out of their day to leave feedback. Especially when the package you sent had a cute note, gift wrapping paper, and a free accessory in it.
>>
>>8832736
The feedback issue is one that's been around since EGL comm sales day. People can't be arsed unless you nag them. I always include a note, and PM them to say "I've left feedback! Please do the same when you receive the [item]!"

Sales are just fucking slow lately. I've had the same issue. Plenty of people asking questions or asking for holds/payment plans, but no one willing to buy outright. If I hadn't gotten burned by payment plans in past, I'd consider just giving up and going with those requests, but I'm not in need of money, so I'll wait a bit longer.
>>
>>8832741
Thanks for the response!

Weirdly enough, I found it a lot easier to get feedback on EGL comm sales than I get on LM. I've asked this girl like three times if she got her package in good condition, and asked her to leave feedback for the transaction so I could leave her feedback as well.
I'm always really prompt in leaving feedback for people so maybe I'm just being uptight.

I wonder if it's because people still have holes in their wallet from Christmas, and also Valentine's Day is coming up? I don't trust payment plans myself, I've gotten fucked over too many times to do it again.

Hoping that both of our stuff sells soon!
>>
>>8832748
I think part of the issue with LM feedback is the site's unreliability. Messages get lost or they don't receive notification that they've received one, or pages won't load, or whatever. I've had good luck with getting feedback there, as opposed to LSE and the EGL days, when I received feedback maybe half of the time I sold or bought something.
>>
File: 1382397083729.jpg (53KB, 350x266px) Image search: [Google]
1382397083729.jpg
53KB, 350x266px
>email APUSA last week bc Chocolate Rosette is still not shipped
>next day get notification that it's in transit, but only pre-shipment info, no real package was received by USPS
>a week later still only pre-shipment info
>I'm really really mad, just fucking give me my dress a whole month after release
>>
>>8832748
i think its post christmas as well as most people are trying to sort out their wardrobe after all the wardrobe posts.
I personally am looking at a few of my items that have been meaning to list and dont plan on buying anything until they sell.
>>
File: 1434824949634.jpg (91KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
1434824949634.jpg
91KB, 500x641px
>>8832757
>a month after relase
Shut up Anon, me and the other ones waiting for Holy Shit not Again to be shipped are not complaining.
>>
>>8832757
>mfw I have too many recent releases I haven't worn yet that I don't give a shit when my dresses are shipped.
>mfw I still haven't worn last years
>>
>>8832757

Last thread someone speculated the CR orders were held up by the socks.

It does make sense, seemed kind of weird the USA side could somehow be ahead of AP jp and have socks when they weren't even available in-store in Japan.
>>
>>8832784
I'm waiting for my Holy Lantern as well, but we all knew right away that it won't be shipped until after 6 months. So let's talk again in March.
I didn't expect to wait so long for normal release. Last time I got my package after 3 weeks including sourcing from JP warehouse and customs.
>>
>>8832784
but holy lantern is mto and was scheduled for ~march when we bought it

not saying anon isn't annoying for whining, but you can't really compare the two
>>
File: IMG_20160126_0001.jpg (1023KB, 1000x1389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160126_0001.jpg
1023KB, 1000x1389px
>reading kera
>time to be salty
>>
>>8832854
Her coord is quite nice....
>>
>>8832854
Isn't this old news?
>>
>>8832856
ive not been keeping up with the news. it just took me by surprise.
>>
>>8832854
i swear to god if this is girlyhoot trying to revive her e-fame i'm going to burst a vein
even if it's not, stop trying to shitstir old news
>>
>>8832876
it is old news

>>8832878
>stop trying to shitstir old news
you should abide by this too because stuff like the beginning of >>8832878 will make the janitor get salty and can risk deletion
>>
>>8832882
ah ok. ive been a bit out of the loop the past few months. didnt mean to cause such a fuss.
>>
>>8832736
>>8832748
Even if your items are priced below retail, they could be priced too high. If they're unpopular, boring, and/or not "in style" now, chances are they're going to go for cheaper.
For example, I recently sold a JSK that retailed for like $230. It wouldn't budge at $150, $120, etc, and it wasn't until I just said fuck it and bumped it down to like $90 dollars that it actually sold.

It's fine if you don't want to price them any lower, but if you keep relisting them and they don't sell, it's because they're priced too high for the market.
Good pictures/presentation can also help sales, and some it might be the post-Christmas thing.
>>
>>8832927
That's a replica, and this isn't the AE thread.
>>
>>8832953
what is it a replica of?
>>
>>8832713
Have you applied for FAFSA? That may help.
>>
Any updates on Magic Princess? I'm thirsting for that print
>>
File: pote usa loppy by amuse.jpg (65KB, 590x424px) Image search: [Google]
pote usa loppy by amuse.jpg
65KB, 590x424px
>>8832970
>>
For all my international people who live in Canada, Europe, etc. How do you guys know if something gets hit with customs if the packaged is going out untracked? I have a buyer who lives out somewhere in Europe and as this is my first time shipping international, and idk how the person will know if their stuff does get hit with customs without tracking.
>>
>>8833051
Customs/the post generally sends out a slip, saying, come and pay this amount. At least my post does
>>
>>8832854
I posted this awhile back and everyone in the thread at the time was like, pretending not to care. The farm thread about her and this kera thing was pretty great tho.
>>
>>8832882
I've never seen a lolita gen get deleted but ok.
Maybe that post would, but who gives a shit if a post is deleted?

Also archives.
>>
>>8833051
Eurofag here. Either I receive a letter from the customs. Or I don't receive a letter and have to pay customs when the parcel is delivered at the door. I always have to pay customs though. So there is no wishful if thinking. If the person you are shipping to is from western Europe, there is a 95% change it will get hit by customs and the person most likely knows this and is prepared for it.
>>
>>8833094
Is there a maximum price at which you don't get charged?

I've been marking all of my parcels to Europe as $10AUD (15 if they buy a lot).
Is it actually helpful to do so?
>>
>>8832733
Caps?
>>
>>8833095
In my country (Germany) the custom free amount is around 22€ or something, but with shipping included. So there is pretty much no way around it. Marking down the parcel at 10AUD will still result in customs because the customs add up the shipping costs too. It would only work, if you specify on the parcel that the shipping is for free.
>>
>>8833011
Another anon, but it's not easy to avoid replicas this days, when you have to google the origin of every damn plush bag before your purchase
>>
>>8832736
Give it some time and keep bumping every week, a lot of people are broke themselves or won't buy until they've sold stuff from their own wardrobes. Set Lacemarket things to one-week rather than two-week listings, since it goes back to the front page every time you reset it (don't do it as three days though, that's obnoxious).
>>
>>8833105
Ah! Okay. To Germany my shipping is always $1.40. I'll start including that on the customs slips!
>>
>>8833051
Laws are different for each country. In the UK, the "value" of a parcel includes shipping, so to avoid customs you have to make sure the item value + shipping value is below £36 if marked as a gift (below £30 if with DHL, below £15 if not marked as a gift).
>>
>>8833095
Yeah, and it varies per country. Marking down packages definitely helps but if they're suspicious they might open it up and estimate costs themselves which can turn out very badly for your buyer, and if it gets lost or damaged then insurance will only pay out whatever you marked it down to and not what it's actually worth. How much do your packages actually cost, on average? I could see marking stuff down to maybe half but if you're marking down €100 packages to a tenth of that I would personally not be comfortable with it.
>>
>>8833111
As a UK buyer, buying stuff up to £100 I will gladly take the small chance of an insurance hit if I trust from feedback that I'm not going to get scammed by the seller. If a seller marks my £100 dress down to £15, there's a miniscule chance it'll be lost and I'll lose £85, but a guaranteed chance that if they don't mark it down I'll lose £40 in taxes. It's worth the risk to me - even if the rate of parcels that went missing was one in ten or something, which it isn't, it'd still make more financial sense to mark down and risk insurance than to mark correctly.
>>
>>8833124
I always thought the more expensive marked parcels were the ones to go missing
>>
>>8832733
Everytime you google the term "Lolita" it shows this
>>
>>8833150
>google search "lolita reaction image"
>google search "Lolita"
>nothing
>>
>>8833051
You only know when you go pick up the package/it's delivered to you, but in Canada it's pretty rare to get hit unless you're paying over 350$ and it's declared as such.
>>
>>8832855
Not really, she has a fucking keychain in her wig and her makeup is garish af
>>8832757
At least you got it. >tfw no mint CR :'(
>>
>>8832923
They are priced like, well, well, well below retail. Around the $60-$80 range. So I really don't think I'm overcharging at all.

I have good pictures, but I'll just keep trying. Thanks.
>>
>>8833214
What are you selling?
>>
>>8833051
In my country, depending on the package value you are either required to pay the postman when they deliver the package to your home or, if it is over 150€, it gets stuck at the main entrance point (the capital's airport) and you are sent a ransom-y lettter demanding you contact them online and pay them whatever they require you to, no negotiation.
>>
>>8833124
What would be a good price to mark down a package over $300 being sent to Austria? I know that USPS would insure it up to $100 for a priority package, but not quite sure if that would set off bells if I mark it too low or something.
>>
>>8833312
Honestly, you shouldn't mark down a package without speaking to the person you are selling to first. Maybe they don't want the price to be marked down because of insurance reasons and sometimes the customs still pick out parcels that are even marked as a gift and require you to show them a proof that it's really a gift. Most of the time it is sufficient if you just invent a story that the item is from your good overseas friend for your birthday or whatever. But I know that some people don't feel comfortable with lying as it's technically illegal and they would find such a situation troublesome.
Marking down the value a bit, but not marking the parcel as gift is even worse because in some cases you have to show the customs a proof of payment. And if the person didn't agree with you on the mark down, they probably didn't want to fake an invoice for the customs because they feel it is wrong and they will face a hard time explaining to the customs why the amount on the invoice is different from the amount which is written on the parcel.
>>
>>8833360
>Numbers not matching.
This is my biggest fear.
>>
>>8833372
I had this happen to me and honestly, it is awful. The customs in my country can be dicks and once they are suspicious of you it hard to convince them otherwise.

If I want to avoid some customs, I always ask the seller if they can split the invoice into 2 parts. For a 250€ dress for example 200€ and 50€. And then I ask them mark the parcel as 50€ so if the customs want some proof, I can show them the 50€ invoice.
>>
>>8833360
Nah I wasn't going to do it without consent but I just wanted an idea of how it would work since I like to be prepared beforehand if the buyer would want that. I understood the consequences with what I looked up earlier but it seems like a trend to want to avoid customs.
>>8833383
This was especially helpful! I'll keep this option in mind, thanks.

I was just wondering since this is the first time I sold something over $50 internationally.
>>
>>8833404
My advice is always to ask the buyer what they want (although sometimes you get clueless newbs who don't know how customs works, then blame the seller if they're hit). Something I come across quite commonly is sellers who've obviously looked up the UK tax threshold and marked down, but either didn't realise shipping was included in the price or didn't realise customs use a higher conversion rate than Google, so if you mark your parcel in dollars at just under the threshold, customs will think it's over.
>>
Do people here usually feel conflicted about selling stuff? I decided to try on everything I was thinking about selling and see if I can coordinate, and it's moved two things from the "maybe" to the "definitely sell" pile. Half of me feels pleased at the extra money, but I also feel really wasteful to have so much stuff I want to get rid of.
>>
>>8833581
I feel bad when I sell stuff I've never worn, even if it's better off gone and I get a good price for it.
>>
>>8833003
Second. I have no idea when it's coming out. Rumor was at the end of this month? Where are my damn color choices ffs
>>
File: feelygooo.jpg (48KB, 576x806px) Image search: [Google]
feelygooo.jpg
48KB, 576x806px
>trying to coord infantas green love and canary jsk
>want green socks
>struggle so bad to find anything halfway decent
>maybe give up...try something else
>find these
Exact shade, similar floral pattern.
Will these make decent socks given that they lack a top trim?
Maybe I should put one in.
>>
>>8833637
I personally would just keep looking these don't really look too lolita to me but if you really like them that much id definitely add some lace trim to them or it'll just look weird
>>
>>8833637
you could always add a simple lace trim to them
>>
>>8833581
Nah, I buy things planning on never selling them unless there's a really good reason. I'm here for a baller wardrobe, not extra money.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 363x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 363x365px
I'm really stumped on getting a wig for lolita. I like to usually use my own hair, but I want to start wearing one for when I need more volume on top or OTT. I really like this one, but would this kind of wig work? Has anyone bought a wig with this shape before? I want one that's at least decent quality. A lot of the wigs I own now are really thin.
>>
>>8833637
I'd say go for adding the lace. They arr super cute... could I please get a link?
>>
>>8833748
I find closet cleaning cathartic, especially when it was something you never ended up wearing because of fit issues or whatever. There are certainly pieces I own that I never want to sell, but there are others I liked when I bought them but have got bored of since, or didn't fit as expected/have details I don't like in person, or I bought as filler pieces that I liked but didn't love. There's something to be said for only buying pieces you absolutely love, but if I hadn't also bought pieces I just really liked I'd have a tiny wardrobe and wouldn't have such a versatile array of styles.

At the moment the pieces I'm selling are:
- babby's first Bodyline, which I held onto for too long on the grounds I needed a dress for messy meets but has been superseded by another black Bodyline dress with a better design
>three pieces that weren't true to the colour in the stock photo and don't match any of the other pieces I thought were the same colour in my wardrobe, one of which is also too long and one of which is too big
>one Halloween piece I won't be wearing next year and don't love enough to justify keeping
>one Christmas-themed piece ditto
>one piece that's just super fucking awkward to coordinate due to the cut, material and ugly elastic waistband

Then I have another couple of pieces I've told myself I'll sell if I don't make a decent coordinate with them within the next year, and a couple of essential things like coats that I can only sell once I have a replacement lined up.

Feels like my wardrobe is shrinking a lot because all the money from selling these is going into shoes, outerwear, etc instead of more main pieces. I'm not even one of those people that has a ton of dresses and two blouses either - I have a dozen each of blouses, shoes and bags, but I always seem to need more.
>>
>>8833581

I sold a pretty popular AP print, and never realised until I invoiced the buyer that I'm really sad to sell it. One of my more conflicted transactions. Buyer says it's her dream print and seemed really happy to have gotten it, so at least it's gone to someone else who appreciates it.

Other dresses, no issues. I'm in the hobby for about 6 years now, so although I started out like >>8833748, eventually you're going to find the dresses you've fallen out of love with, or dresses that are really gorgeous and don't fit, will start piling up. Best to get them out of the house and get some money in rather than hoard them for no good reason.
>>
>>8833581
I feel bad if I've never worn it or only wore it once, and had really high hopes for it but I just kinda have to remind myself why I'm selling it (generally because it does fit or suit me) and that it's better for me to let it go than hoard it so it doesn't see the light of day. I don't really feel wasteful, but even if I feel conflicted I generally feel better letting go of stuff that I know I'm not getting any use out of. It's like when you clean/organize your room or your desk. You might feel unsure about throwing away some stuff but once all the clutter is gone you feel good.
>>
Attn: AP fags.
>>
>>8833993
I really like the weird cut of the OP as well as the round JSK. I want this but don't have the money atm and know it will be scalped to hell and back.
>>
>>8833993
>no black version
nah
>>
I'm not a lolita, but I've noticed my neighborhood seems to be some kind of hotspot. I see meet ups a the local park and ramen joints all the time.

I think the hobby is cool as heck and I always want to let them know. I don't want to sound creepy or like I'm hitting on them though.

Is some way I can just let them know that not every thinks they're weirdos, or should I just leave them alone?
>>
>>8833993
>no white colorway
nah senpai
>>
>>8833993
I hated it when I first saw the design, now I don't mind it in some of the other colours... But I probably won't be going out of my way to get it. It's not as magical girl as I'd hoped when I first heard the name.
>>
File: ac-82-tmgx_main_12awj.jpg (78KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
ac-82-tmgx_main_12awj.jpg
78KB, 640x960px
>>8833796
maybe look at hair pieces from cyperous or prisila?
>>
File: magical.png (4MB, 1648x1244px) Image search: [Google]
magical.png
4MB, 1648x1244px
>>8833003
saturday according to the updates
>>
>>8834016
My body is hot and ready for that yellow or pink JSK
>>
>>8833993
The only colors I would consider are the sax or lav, but like >>8834007 said I would hope they'd release a special set in white.
I wish AP would stop shying away from white (yellow is the weakest color choice, imo).
>>
>>8834016
also adding that that is the OP. im glad its not piss yellow sleeves
>>
>>8833581
I've sold dresses I still like but were either a poor cut on me or I never ended up wearing them. It happens, I don't think there's anything wrong with changing your mind later on.
>>
>>8834016
Wow, rin rin doll looks really really bad from this angle
>>
>>8834016
okay but what's with the clusterfuck necklaces?
>>
>>8833796
I don't like that wig, it looks exactly like my natural hair lol. If you get it make sure to curl it better so it doesn't look frizzy
>>
>>8834035
I think it's also the color, the yellow feels like it's clashing with her skin tone.
>>
>>8834036
>>8834035
It was in Hawaii so i think they are like those welcoming flower necklaces. Majority of that photogs photos didn't look that great thought desu
>>
>>8834006
If they're passing by you or something just say you like their outfit or something. Getting approached directly is always awkward as fuck, especially when someone is clearly going out of their way and interrupting.
>>
>>8833993
I love this but i would never pay that much for it. Inb4 poorfag, I typically buy meta because it's so wearable and cheaper. This is way too cute for casual wear
>>
What in person shopping services for the Tokyo area do people recommend?
>>
>>8834016
I would be kind of into this if it didn't have chandeliers. Where are they hanging from? It's outdoors and the sky is starry. Also, the chandeliers are both pink and gold?
>>
>>8833796
I've textured old wigs like this by leaving them in small braids and gently heating them
>>
>>8834004
Same
>>
>>8834016
Any news on other colorways yet? Damn it AP, how the fuck am I supposed to reserve an ss if I don't know jack shit
>>
>>8833993
>>8834130
It says right at the bottom 4 colors, pink, sax, yellow, lavender.
>>
>>8834130
Did you read the rest of the thread?
>>
>>8833993
I actually love all 3 cuts. Personally I'm leaning towards buying the napoleon JSK because I have the feeling the sleeves on the OP may be too short on me.
>>
>>8834006
I would kindly approach them before you or they leave and say how much you like their outfits and ask if it's lolita. Compliment, compliment, don't ask for pictures, leave.
>>
I ordered some accessories from Rakuten on monday and have received an email meant to confirm the shipping price but it says the price is still to be determined. Any gulls know what is going on? Should I just be patient?
>>
>>8834016
tfw i feel a mighty need for this dress because i might be attending the dcp program soon
>>
>>8834216
Disney College Program? Which location? I'm DCP alumni for the Disneyland Resort. You'll be in your work costume all day and commuting so you will barely have time to wear lolita unfortunately.

sage for ot
>>
>>8834202
Rakuten stores always take a few days to calculate shipping cost, just be patient anon.
>>
>>8834041
It's supposed to look fluffy and a bit frizzy
>>
>>8834035
Most people don't look great being shot from a low angle, to be fair.
>>
>>8834085
Yes, because giant sceptres protruding from the ground is much more realistic than chandeliers dangling from the sky.
>ap titty chandelier when?
>>
I just got my invoice from IW's winter sale! I ordered the first day it opened for good (not a flash sale). I was prepared to wait a lot longer so I'm happy! And none of the items I ordered came up out of stock!

In case anyone is curious, 1 jsk and 2 otk's came to 2400 yen in shipping.
>>
>>8833993
Is this going to be a bloodbath? I haven't seen as much chatter about this as other releases, and I wasn't really sold myself until I saw the closeup pictures. Thinking of trying for the round jsk in sax
>>
>>8834137
>>8834141
No I didn't, because I am an idiot. Apologies!
>>
>>8834377
yeah it'll be a bloodbath.
>>
>>8834271
ah im applying for that one! i kinda figured but on an off day i thought itd be fun to wear it to the park, unless theyre super uptight with the rules right now like ive been seeing lately
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (19KB, 860x299px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
19KB, 860x299px
>>8833104
It's in german though.
>>
>>8834377
Yuuup. This is pretty much a release everyone has been waiting to know more about.
>>
>>8834356
Oh shit that's awesome, which jsk?
>>
I'm just waiting for milky sky and the two marine themed prints to hit the kera magazines in photoshoot form.
>>
>>8834016
Hooooly shit Rinrin that ain't cute
>>
File: 4758-501122196.png (138KB, 230x480px) Image search: [Google]
4758-501122196.png
138KB, 230x480px
I hope this is the right thread, I considered using the coord help thread or the general help thread, but I'm looking for a little advice.

I want to cosplay as pic related, but I can't really sew and it's the closest thing I've seen to accurate lolita fashion in a series I actually enjoy.

The closest I could think of, for the skirt, is the bodyline l325, which I could maybe pick apart and dye? Or is there anything closer you gulls can think of?
>>
File: AP dunce-chan.png (421KB, 628x629px) Image search: [Google]
AP dunce-chan.png
421KB, 628x629px
>>8834485
>>
File: 028.jpg (192KB, 526x800px) Image search: [Google]
028.jpg
192KB, 526x800px
>>8834485
Her outfit is (apparently) directly based on pic related.

Good luck.
>>
>>8834488
What? All I'm asking is if anyone knows whether I could find a skirt closer to pic related that has enough volume, or whether I should not bother. I'm a lolita, not a cosplayer.

stop being so salty.
>>
>>8834490
Oh shit, wow. Bless you anon .I don't know if I'll ever find it, but at least I know what fabrics to go for if I commission the skirt.
>>
File: 1389310725057.png (445KB, 476x472px) Image search: [Google]
1389310725057.png
445KB, 476x472px
>>8834485
I can think of something pretty close.
>>
>>8834490
>>8834496
This is a mf dress isn't it? Was it ever released, because I remember the hype over Erika's dress and anons trying to get this.
>>
File: f-204.jpg (496KB, 780x2020px) Image search: [Google]
f-204.jpg
496KB, 780x2020px
>>8834494
the brand is mille-fleurs and here's a link to their website: http://millefleurs-noirs.com/f-204.html
>>
>>8834500
Millefleurs, yep. Princess Doll collection, according to the scan? I don't remember which GLB this was in, unfortunately, so I couldn't tell you how old it is. There are no photos of it on the MF site that I can find.
>>
>>8834504
Unless Princess doll refers to the brand Princess Doll. That's also possible. I'll look into it some more.
>>
>>8834504
I just checked for the other anon and the lolibrary page for mielle fleurs doesn't have the bustier dress. Plus, Erika's dress is an underbust and the scan is an overbust(? Is that the right term, I never buy dresses in this style)
>>
>>8834509
I think they styled it a bit differently to avoid it being too similar. The bow's in the same place and everything.
>>
>>8834511
Oh yes, it's definitely based off that outfit, but searching millefleurs or princess doll on lolibrary yields no results. I know that lolibrary isn't a comprehensive guide especially for a brand like mf that... doesn't really seem to get a lot of lolita attention due to it being more of a rococo style? At least, I assume. Also dat satin. I like how it's styled in >>8834490 though. Looks very different to their current stock.
>>
>>8834514
I have a feeling that may have been a special release/limited shop item. The text is too small for me to be sure, though. Does anyone know what volume this comes from? If I have it in my stack, I can find the page and figure out what the text actually says.
>>
>>8834515
It's a 2009 glb if I recall, but let me dig more and i'll try to find the specific issue. Makes me wish I didn't hate hoarding books so much.
>>
>>8834516
Gothic Lolita Bible 2009 Vol. 32
>>
>>8834518
Okay, I don't know if I have as far back as 32. I think I have maybe as far back as 35. But I'll check and get back to the thread ASAP.
>>
How long would you wait before giving a buyer negative feedback? I sent someone an invoice 2 days ago and it seems like they dropped off the face of the earth. They have no existing feedback on LM which was a red flag for me in the beginning, but they were fine with communication right up until i sent it. I don't want to be a dick in case something is wrong but i'm getting a bit pissed off bc i need the money desu.
>>
>>8834496
>>8834503
>>8834509
>>8834518
>>8834519

Thank you so much anons! Really crossing my fingers and hoping you have that issue, even if you could just translate the name, it may have to become my holy grail. If I dug for a larger scan, do you think you would be able to translate it from the image?

>tfw I wish I knew moonspeak
>>
File: 028.jpg (768KB, 1400x2129px) Image search: [Google]
028.jpg
768KB, 1400x2129px
>>8834519
Even better. I found the full-size scan.
>>
>>8834523
>>8834521
Sad to say, no "real" name. Just "corset one piece".
>>
>>8834520
Anon, a lot of places in the US are being pretty damaged by snow and there are fires in Australia. I'd give them maybe another three days? I know you need the money, but if they were fine with communication up until this moment in time then maybe they're having issues, have ran out of internet credit, etc. Good luck, though.
>>
>>8834520
>2 days
Unless you have written something about payment time in your TOS then you need to chill. It's normal for people to drop off the face of the earth on a monday.
>>
>>8834525
Damn, thanks for translating anyway, anon! This is such a beautiful dress, it looks a lot better than the tacky pink/red that a lot of Erika cosplayers have. I'll chuck it into my holy grail folder, I bet it's going to be like that stupid jellyfish princess baby dress, though.

Sorry for not knowing that the dress was by millefleurs, I've honestly not really liked the look of their pieces that much and the fact that it may have been based off an existing dress didn't even cross my mind, even if it looks suspiciously accurate to lolita dresses compared to a lot of anime's 'lolita' lace monsters.
>>
>>8834526
>>8834528
I have information about payment times etc in my TOS but no one seems to read them. i've not dealt with a situation like this on LM before. I guess i'll just tough it out then, thanks!
>>
>>8834525
>>8834531
Sorry, I'm fucking out of it. "Corset skirt set". That may actually help you more. There were like. Three "corset one pieces" listed on the next page. The main thing that may be a problem is that it doesn't list a price, so I'm not sure it was ever actually sold.
>>
>>8834535
AND BEING FUCKING OBSESSED FOR SOMEONE ELSE PAYS OUT! Search for f-901. It was sold in burgundy and black rose jacquard.

https://in.pinterest.com/pin/553520610424909123/

Goin' to bed now.
>>
File: DSC02726_zpsfd3e1514.jpg (46KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02726_zpsfd3e1514.jpg
46KB, 576x1024px
>>8834535
Could this be it in blue?
Like, the editorial version is more fancy with the detailing (I've forgotten the word? Embroidery?) and this is the version sold?
>>
>>8834539
Definitely one upped! Thanks. Crazy mystery dress = solved. Good night anon! I hope you sleep well and that your dream dress comes up when you have the money for it!
>>
>>8834539
For more information: http://millefleurs-noirs.com/f-901.html
>>
>>8834323
They're tacked on like AP and it's fetish for random ass crosses.
>>
>>8833993
The cuts are so pretty.
>>
I think the day Haenuli ships anything on time will be a sign of the apocalypse
>>
>>8834664
I got both of my aom JSKs on time?
>>
>>8834665
You must not buy from her often...
>>
>>8834315
I know but I hate that look. I like more formal hairstyles
>>
File: choices.jpg (478KB, 1408x680px) Image search: [Google]
choices.jpg
478KB, 1408x680px
So they opened a second preorder for quaintlass.
Accessories seem to be sold out, but I'm eyeing the skirts now. Can't decide which color I like best.
>>
What is everyone's preferred app for photo stickers, filters, frames, etc?
Line's one, decopic, rakuga, etc?
>>
>>8834814
I use avairy, photo studio pro (I got it for free), and layout for instagram
>>
>>8834814
I use aillis, DecoPuri, DecoPic and CutePic.
>>
>>8834531
If it does turn out to be impossible to find, Atelier Pierrot have done a lot that's similar enough:

http://www.lacemarket.us/atelier-boz-corset-bustle-fairia-mini-skirt-blackxwine/
>>
Does anyone have a suggestion for things to ask for from friends, family relatives etc as gifts when there's nothing non-lolita that you particularly need? I have a birthday coming up, and none of my relatives are computer-literate enough to buy me lolita but they don't want to give me just money. So far I'm thinking false lashes, fancy teacups and teapots, and different kinds of plain and lace tights maybe as small gifts?
>>
>>8834722
The ivory is more grandma-chic, if that's the look you're going for.
>>
>>8834949
Do you have any other hobbies/interests? Generally I ask my family for things like books, baking supplies/cooking gadgets, video games (when there's one I want), and socks.
If you want it to be tangentially lolita-related, nice serving wear or a tea set, tights, and makeup are all pretty easy. Maybe an at home steamer if you want something "practical" and don't already have one.
>>
>>8834964
My other interests are all either free or I've dropped them to make space for lolita. The main other thing I spend on is travel but people can't gift you money for that... I live in a really tiny flatshare and prioritize what space I have for either lolita or really practical stuff. I like reading and cooking so I have a long wishlist of cookbooks but I don't really have the room. I guess I could do with a new frying pan, some slippers and some earphones, and I could ask my siblings for stuff off my Steam wishlist.

A lot of my older relatives always want to get me kitchen gadgets I don't need, haha. The one think I fancy is a rice cooker, but my grandparents are really old-fashioned and refuse to believe I could enjoy eating rice on a regular basis. They're forever trying to persuade me to get a slow cooker or toastie maker I wouldn't use and don't have counter space for instead. They don't like getting me fancy bath stuff or make-up either because they think it's a waste of money... It's a big struggle trying to find something that'd they'd consider practical, would actually be useful, and isn't money.
>>
>>8833993
If it was from any taobao brand, and the price was way more reasonable, I'd understand, but eww, AP, what the fuck. Imo OP cut is especially ugly
>>
>>8834996
I like the OP cut best, but it does just look like a blouse under a JSK with thin straps.
>>
Apologies for the random question, does anone know where can I get a deck of Lolitas Against Humanity?
I checked Milkyfawn's blog with nosource link. Also, I know she made them and printed them but I could've sworn there was a source where you could print them yourelf.
>>
>>8835125
She had them printed by a service, I think. There are a couple of sites that do decks, but I don't know which one she used. Deerstalker was going to upload the deck they used at some point, but I don't know if they ever did. I know cgl made their own decks a few times on the online versions of the game, too.
>>
>>883512I'm sorry if its too much to ask but how can I find the /cgl/ one?
>>
>>8835133
It should be in the archives. There were several versions if I remember right, but I think Deerstalker/milkyfawn borrowed a few cards from the decks for their own. Or else there was overlap, because same-brain and lolita is a small world.

I'm trying to find it (I think it was jokingly called Cards Against Seagulls?), but I keep getting hits for people taking CAH to meets instead of the links.
>>
>>8834491
>posts in the Lolita thread with a cosplay question
>stop being so salty!!11
>>
>>8834664
last i heard she was in the hospital? because if so then chill, anon
>>
>>8835196
did you even read the rest of the responses
>>
>>8835202
yes I did, but you can stop defending yourself now cosplay-anon
>>
>>8835196
>>8835210
Just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>8835198
Poor girl needs to get her health shit sorted out. Seems like she's in and out of the hospital a lot, and that sucks.
>>
Does anyone know what お取り寄せする means? Some items on Angelic Pretty's Online Shop have that button.
>>
>>8835225
It means they'll send for items from the physical shops.
If that's the option available, the online shop's stock is all gone, so you select that and they'll request a shop send them a piece of the stock they have.
>>
>>8835225
Contact for stock? I think? Like, email to check if it's available in shops since the HQ doesn't have it. Baby has a similar policy.
>>
>>8835229
>>8835230
Ah, I see, thanks!
>>
>>8835198
That's not why this most recent order is delayed, so unless you got an email letting you know the story you can chill
>>
>>8835215
stop being so salty.
>>
File: sailor judge.jpg (76KB, 484x464px) Image search: [Google]
sailor judge.jpg
76KB, 484x464px
>>8833993
>we will never get an officially licensed Sailor Moon print like this

Why even live.
>>
>>8835253
it'll happen anon, it'll happen

december will mark the 25th anniversary of sailor moon.
>>
>>8835254
I've been waiting since the 20th anniversary line. They've whored out basically every single piece of merchandise option, from figurines to menstural pads, so they have to collabrate with a Lolita brand one day too, r-right?
I'm not even a Sweet Lolita, but if AP releases a design like this with Sailor Moon's wands, brooches and the moon castle, I am willing to drop big money and mercilessly push everyone out of the way for the release.
>>
>>8835261
I think the closest you'll get is that Tralala line they did. Sadly.
>>
Honey Cake re-release when? Is there anything that can be done to increase the chances?

:(
>>
>>8835210
dude, chill. people were still willing to help them out because it was referring to a legit brand dress, not a cosplay dress
>>
>>8835234
why don't you share the story then? you realize most of us are unaware?
>>
>>8835223
this. i mean it's a nice brand, but i'd rather she take care of herself first rather than cater to us bitches
>>
>>8834664
do they have any other workers or is it just them? (aside from their factory, I mean like do they have any other people who answer emails, pack and ship things, etc.) because honestly I feel like if they got even just 1 or 2 more friends it would be good. It seems like they're always hella busy and then when a life event comes up they seem to fall behind a lot.
>>
>tfw package with dream dress arrives and you immediately have an allergic reaction to the package it is in
Fuck I hate cats.
>>
>>8835305
So far as I know, it's Haenuli, Ji, and their intermediary/manager who deals with the factory and logistics. I think Haenuli and Ji do the most of the work?
>>
>>8835278
You and I both anon. From what people tell me, AP is hard-pressed to do a HC rerelease because it originally did not sell very well in the Japanese market - many dresses took awhile to sell out completely, whereas the other recent (rere)rereleases and MTO's were very popular, immediate sell-outs and highly popular with the japanese or chinese markets. If AP were to do a honey cake release, IMO the following would need to happen:

1) a *shitload* of people would have to email them asking for it - like, thousands of girls and from multiple markets
2) the japanese market would need to demand one
3) the chinese market would need to demand one
4) a popular replica would need to be released or currently in the works (a few gulls have posted "rumors" I guess that AP only re-released or made certain things MTO because there were replicas or they found out one was going to be made)

as for "but HC sells so well and for so much money in the secondhand market!", AP doesn't really pay attention to or care about the secondhand market.

the way things are looking right now, honestly I think a rerelease could happen if the chinese or japanese market asked for one.
>>
>>8835321
yeahhh they definitely need to hire some more people then. I love the two of them but that is a LOT of work for just two girls. I love Haenuli and I would hate for their brand to go to the dogs like many indie brands do because they are unable to keep up with the workload and their quality of design and/or service decreases. I'm guessing they probably don't have too much money to just throw at hiring tons of extra people but like I said I think even just 2 extra people would make a difference.
>>
>>8835323
agreed. i mean think about it, that terrible mexican band got their hands on them so they didn't sell, AP has no way to know if it will actually sell out.
>>
At what point should I start stop buying new main pieces if I move frequently? I only have around 15 but I am already dreading my next move. I got into lolita a year after my last move and so I've never tried packing up the dresses to see how much room it takes up
>>
>>8835331
>that terrible mexican band got their hands on them so they didn't sell
wait what
>>
>>8835342
i don't remember the exact details but there's a story about a band or something butchering HC to shorten them and calling it 'dolly style' or something.
>>
>>8835278
Where dat romantic rose letter rerelease at too?
>>
>>8835278
>>8835356

Personally I'm waiting on Cinema Doll...
>>
>>8834505
It's Millefleurs, moron. It even says it in the scan, the MF section is just cut off. Their pieces are really easy to recognise.
>>
>>8834514
>Also dat satin

It's not satin. Do you have eyes?
>>
>>8835318
anon, this is why you should message the seller first and ask if there's the chance of contact with cats. if you still purchase anyway without knowledge of contact with cats, that's kind of your fault, not theirs.
>>
>>8835356
>romantic rose letter
>mfw i liked this dress before it became popular
>mfw at the time it was out i don't remember much hype or talk about it at all (except the lavender jsk only and even that was occaisional interest)
>mfw people probably only like it now purely because it's hard to get now
>mfw they wouldn't rerelease the special set anyway, that was a tea party exclusive no one cared about back then
>>
>>8834496
I wish brands would make legit bustles like the dress on the left. I would buy the shit out of a real bustle skirt
>>
File: o0480064013106676938.jpg (36KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
o0480064013106676938.jpg
36KB, 480x640px
>>8835402
If you mean the kind that's gathered/ruched using a drawstring, Millefleurs and Atelier Pierrot do. It's one of their chief design details that gets used over and over.
>>
>>8834398
Theresia rose in cafe au lait!
>>
>>8835393
Romantic Rose Letter was popular at the time of its release. Girls were fucking clamoring for that shit and have been since. Quit acting like some special snowflake.
>>
>>8835431
ok so where were they clamoring for that shit?
and why has there only been a few special sets sold since? even the normal op has become rare. it's close to $1k+ status for fuck's sake, like cat's tea party, and that was unpopular at the time of release as well
>>
>>8835431
>girls were fucking clamoring for that shit
i was on tumblr at the time it was released and i don't remember that much hype for it.
>>
>>8835431
I don't remember it getting that much attention on cgl, especially compared to other prints at the time.
>>
>>8834925
Thanks, anon. These are gorgeous but I was specifically looking for the mf dress. I love the style, but if I can't find the holy grail I may just butcher a bodyline dress.

>>8835210
Wasn't actually me. I posted here looking for a skirt that resembled what is clearly a lolita design, and it turned out to actually be based off a dress featured in glb? So please chill. I'm a lolita, but I'm gothic/classic so anything pink is way out of my comfort zone, and pink/red tends to be a frowned upon colour combination in normie fashion. Like I said, sweet/classic so I'd have no idea.

Saging myself because obviously my question was answered. Thanks, Gulls.
>>
>>8835417
The drawstring makes it look like ass, though. I want a legit, old fashioned bustle that is sewn nicely in place
>>
>>8835459
>>8835459
yeah, this.
plus:
>the jsks and skirts do show up on y!j, fril, and other secondhand sites every so often
as a print it's not that fucking rare. the ops are another story, but in that case the regular op was expensive/not popular and the special set was, as said, a tea party exclusive which was also expensive. iirc there's a lavender op on LM now for a scalped price (850?) and no one has been baited (yet), though lavender ops sold for scalped prices above 1k before recently because it was suddenly "rare".
>it didn't get an MTO
>it's not included in many wardrobes/wardrobe posts despite AP/rare burando hoarders
>cgl, tumblr, and fb didn't talk about it much except for suddenly now during the time and age of AP rereleases and MTOs because, shock, it's expensive due to having previously been overlooked
>>
>>8835450
>>8835454
>>8835459
It's important to remember that the online have communities have grown/changed a lot in the last year or two. I would say prints are way more hyped on places like Lolita Updates now then they were even a year ago, and membership in such places has jumped a lot, too.
If you search Lolita Updates on FB, there are no less than 7 main posts primarily about RRL, two of them being the Special Set JSK and the OTT Tea Party OP. So, while the "biggest" of those discussions only has like 93 likes and ~170 comments, all together there was a good amount of discussion/interest in the print. Also, it sold out upon release for the JP, International, and USA releases.

Size (no full back shirred piece) and other prints/the timing probably also contributed to the idea that it wasn't "that popular," but the dress has gone for more than retail and been pretty desired the whole time.

The number of special sets released isn't necessarily an indicator of it being popular at release date, either.
>>
>>8835473
MTOs were not nearly as common two years ago as they are now. After the DDC debacle AP started doing them very occasionally, but it wasn't anything like it has been the last year or so.
>>
>>8835490
>>8835492
yeah but lbr, AP would get a ton more money if they rereleased Cat's Tea Party, Puppet Circus, or even Honey Cake and Cinema Doll before Romantic Rose Letter. yeah there's reasons why AP hasn't rereleased any so far but still, the former four definitely outclass the latter in terms of popularity for a rerelease. Plus, less chance of having leftovers from a rerelease, I think even Dolly Cat, which was extremely popular with tons of hype everywhere, had low waist jsks leftover.
>>
>>8835506
Why does something now have to be on par with CTP or CD to have be considered popular? I never argued that it was as or more popular than any of those, so gtfo with your strawman argument.
The issue is still that anon argued (wrongly, imo) that it was unpopular and people only like it now because it's hard to get, which isn't true. It was a relatively popular print that sold well and fetched high prices on the secondhand market. The "I liked it first" attitude is immature and unnecessary.
>>
Can we all just agree we want all these things rereleased? Cat's Tea Party, Puppet Circus, Honey Cake, Cinema Doll... It would be a good year for AP.

>>mfw I want Wish Me Mell Tea Time rereleased and it will never ever happen.
>>
I don't really like AP, but I don't understand why they don't just make all their new releases MTO things. If they don't care about the resale market, then what's the damage? They could get a 50% downpayment easily and sell way more shit.
>>
>>8835533
I don't know why everyone is arguing about this so passionately. It's not like AP is gonna read this thread and release any of the them.

Go fucking argue at China or something you dolts.
>>
>>8835544
They don't want more money because they don't work like your average corporation. They serve a niche purpose for only people that have this kind of money to spend. I think in their minds they're just like, whatever, we basically print money. They're no longer looking for a way to get into the market. They're already there.

They should look into how to stay in the market but since it's so niche, they don't care because as long as girls are buying dresses, they're doing ok
>>
>>8835549
>Implying that everyone can just go on Chinese forums and communicate with the Chinese lolitas, let alone rally them into anything
>>
>>8835544
Despite AP being huge in lolita, it's still very niche and small in the market as a whole. MTO is really easier said than done.
>>
>>8835362
You and me both anon. My funds are ready.
>>
>>8835544
They do obviously care about the resale, hence the restrictions to stop scalpers. They know. MTO would not work well with physical releases as most of their stuff is, since it is a process of months since payment. People do want to go and buy stuff irl.

I do not think that MTO is the best way for all releases either, since you can get into situations like with HC where it did not sell well at first but is wanted a lot now. If that was MTO from the beginning it would be scalped harder since there would be less supply.
>>
>>8835570
MTO probably isn't best for initial releases, but since they obviously do look at the secondhand market I don't see why they don't do MTOs for heavily scalped pieces. It should make sense for them to do it.
>>
>>8835570
HC?
>>
>>8834490
Are there any other dresses that directly inspired some of the Umineko gowns and whatnot?
>>
>>8835582
Honey Cake.
>>
>>8835393
Are you really that disconected from the irl/online comms? My comm and every other lolita i knewvat the time creamed themselves hard over RRL. All of them failed in the initial release. A few picked up pieces at a super inflated price second hand.
>sitting here trying to save up for when the special set op in sax pops up again.
>>
>>8834485
If it's just for cosplay I have something that might work/can be modified, wouldn't be caught dead in it as lolita though as its just poofy normalfag stuff.
>>8834672
>My opinion is right and yours is shit
>>
>>8835332
Never. Unless the places you move to has small limited space and you litterally can't keep more then 15-20 pieces at a time. Also depends on how much you wear lokita honestly. I move almost every single year. Ill be moving soon in march and i have 30 main pieces plus bouses, outerwear, accessories, etc. One whole car load usually equates to me moving all or at least of my wardrobe.
>>
When did Anime Matsuri remove all of the brands from their website?

There's nothing written now, but they claimed Angelic Pretty, Metamorphose, Victorian Maiden, Atelier Boz, Triple Fortune and Putumayo in the video that's still up on their FB.

I thought John and Co. were super buddy buddy with the head designer of Putumayo, but even he's not on the guest list now.

Have the Japanese brands finally come to senses again AM?
>>
>>8835389
I knew she had a cat, and it is my fault. That doesnt mean I don't hate the cat for befouling my dress with its spit covered fur.
>>
Tea dying help? I want to make a pure white blouse off-white. What type of tea should I use, and how long should I submerge it for?
>>
>>8835723
no one cares
>>
>>8835676
I sure do hope so anon
>>
>>8835724
Cheap bags of black tea.

Until it changes to the colour you want since you're just making it offwhite, not brown. Keep an eye on it. Not long.
>>
>>8835318
So you knew full well that the seller had a cat and you're complaining here, why?Fuck, I hate people like you.
/cgl/ isn't your personal blog, if you are just going to turn around and winge, don't fucking by from her in the first place?
>>
File: y tho.png (481KB, 1080x1830px) Image search: [Google]
y tho.png
481KB, 1080x1830px
sometimes i don't understand the secondhand market
>>
>>8835564
I really want to see some production and sales numbers from AP or any other lolita brand for that matter.
>>
>>8835802
Chinese lolita or a flaky buyer
>>
>>8835261
>>8835253

Why don't you write in and suggest it? You don't have anything to loose by emailing them a simple suggestion, the worst that can happen is nothing happens, which is what it is now anyway.

AP has done collab with Blood+, Creamy Mami and a few other anime. Although I think the Creamy Mami one was just some kind of rainbow tights.
>>
>>8835843
My guess is that the licensing fees for Sailor Moon would be way higher than their usual collaborations. Just a guess, though. I can't think of another reason why it wouldn't have happened already, if not for financial reasons.
>>
>>8835332

If 15 is your limit, then stop at fifteen.

After that, do a one-in-one-out policy, ie- you have to sell a main piece in order to buy a new main piece. That way you can still keep up with new releases that you like while maintaining a small enough wardrobe that doesn't give you stress.
>>
>>8835846
Well then they have something to spend all that HL-money on.
>>
>>8835846

They might not have thought of it. I don't even know how AP picks which collabs it deals with. The outfit for Jenga booth babe has to be one of the weirdest things I've seen AP make.

>>8835544

MTO doesn't solve every single problem. And although AP has taken steps against scalpers, sometimes the hype of release date being a big event combined with the threat of scalpers raising the prices on the second hand market can be the spur that makes girls buy some dresses on impulse for fear of losing out and having to shell out double retail price later. Whereas a one-week leisurely MTO might not generate enough hype by itself.

I kind of wonder if the MTO business model is not as profitable as we thought. JetJ keeps raising its prices on each subsequent dress, and most of JetJ is MTO-only. It's almost as if sales are down and they need to make up for it with a larger margin on each dress.
>>
>>8835724
I dyed socks in my sink once by just pouring my ~1 oz leftover oversteeped black tea from the morning into the sink, filling it with hot water, then submerging the socks for like 5 minutes, just be sure to check.
But as a warning, my socks came out to be more of a light brown-beige than a yellowy ivory. It's fine if you're just trying to get to offwhite, but I wouldn't do it for ivory.
>>
>>8835843
AP did a collaboration with blood+? Got any pictures? No luck on Google.
>>
File: BloodCPleatedSChoolOP-black_0.jpg (67KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
BloodCPleatedSChoolOP-black_0.jpg
67KB, 280x373px
>>8835918
I think it was for Blood C, actually.
>>
>>8835621
I agree with you, but only if you're actually getting to hire a moving truck or not moving cross-country. I know a lot of 20-somethings move a lot from place to place basically just off favours from friends and family.
>>
>>8835901
I've never thought of doing this with socks, thanks anon! I have some IW blouses that I thought were cream when I bought them but we're actually that beige they use, and I've been struggling to find legwear that matches.
>>
File: tVgd4m8.jpg (274KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tVgd4m8.jpg
274KB, 640x640px
can anyone ID this dress for me?
>>
>>8836103
Chiffon gathers or whatever by aatp. Special limited release for one of the stores, but I don't recall which.
>>
>>8836110
shit, it's gorgeous. I really need a solid-colour dress like this.
>>
>>8836112
It's a popular design. They put it out in different colours pretty much every year, so it's not too hard to get a hold of, either.

I have the navy, and wouldn't mind it in red as well.
>>
Gulls, I made a horrible mistake.
I accidentally posted on someone's closet of frills post instead of another on my fb feed that I meant to reply to. A friend shared a link about the professional skater who did the Cowboy Bebop routine and was bashing the guy for being a weeaboo and 'embarrassing the anime fandom.' I responded along the lines of 'this guy integrated it well into his routine and is doing what he loves, I don't see the problem here.'

Unfortunately, I woke up this morning with notifications about responses from people going 'wut' and someone responding about how they were a girl. Turns out I somehow accidentally posted on a gorgeous CoF coord post about a girl and her wife dressing up in lolita and that reply about being a girl was a response from the original poster. I quickly realized what happened, deleted my post, and sent a message to her explaining what happened and apologizing profusely.

I don't even know how this happened in the first place. I feel utterly horrible about it and afraid I really hurt her feelings or caused some bad drama. Is there anything else I can do or should I just bide my time?
>>
>>8836128
Did they reply to your apology? Hopefully she understands. There's nothing else you can really do except to try and not think about it. You made a mistake but you shouldn't beat yourself up about it.
>>
>>8836112
It has been released many times. There is likely a few on lm right now too. It is just that the red one is a special release.
>>
Very happy I just bought a wishlist dress in my preferred cut after I sold it in a different cut last year
>>
>>8835278
>>8835323
Oh fuck you both. I tried to sell my HC in ivory and didn't even get what I paid for. It's definitely not rerelease worthy.
>>
>>8833581
I'm fairly new to the fashion and am sure this will change with time, but every time I think about selling a dress, I put it on and instantly become attached again. I feel guilty about my maybe 12 main pieces, like it's all so frivolous and wasteful and I should sell them and grow up, but they truly do make me happy.
>>
I just want CTP. See, honestly, I still think that Meta does their ordering right. They adapt to each release.
>>
File: 1887 summer overskirt.png (20KB, 300x213px) Image search: [Google]
1887 summer overskirt.png
20KB, 300x213px
>>8835402
If you're good at sewing / know someone who is, have you looked at Truly Victorian overskirt patterns? They'd need adapting to be shorter but the techniques would be the same
http://www.trulyvictorian.net/tvxcart/product.php?productid=65&cat=5&page=1
http://www.trulyvictorian.net/tvxcart/product.php?productid=66&cat=5&page=1
>>
>>8835225
>>8835232
The other anons are correct but this option requires Cash on Delivery, so if you're using Tenso they'll reject your order when it arrives.
>>
>>8835723
Most cats are cleaner than humans and it's not the cat's fault you're a defective human being who'll almost die by kitty fur.
>>
>>8835802
It's one of the most sought after dresses in chinkland.
>>
>>8835858
I agree with the MTO pricing thing, that's what kept me from buying a few dresses I really loved from baby. They were MTO only and the price was so high, I didn't think the secondhand market would sustain it and didn't want to lose so much. I have seen the dresses i wanted from others sitting on LM lately at a bit under retail, not selling. Lol
>>
>>8836128
Kekekekekekek
That's terrific, I hate all these girls showing off their wives on CoF like it's part of their outfit. Seems like attention whoring to post a shot with your significant other
>>
Is Meta's website not loading for anyone else?
>>
>>8835858
JetJ has more problems than just the MTO model, though. They've been having quality issues for the last two years plus losing their main English-speaking staff member and replacing her with someone who is frankly pretty bad at communicating (poor English, doesn't respond to emails, etc). They had to change production factories a while back, too, which I think bumped their production costs at the same time that quality issues were lowering their overall sales.

I think the biggest issue with AP doing more MTO is mostly how sloooow most Japanese companies are about making any changes to their business model & processes.
>>
>>8835342
Look up eme15 wonderland
>>
>>8836281
You must be very lonely but I kinda agree with you.
>Look at us! we're LESBIANS.
>>
>>8835858
You concisely explained everything that is wrong with the way shit goes down. It makes girls go 'Oh shit I better buy everything just in case I so happen to like this print!' I paid the scalped price to a girl who clearly was aftaid of missing out but didn't check her measurements before buying the damn thing. I hate the idea of making an impulse purchase, taking a dress out of the hands of someone who is really sure they want it, then saddling them with all the pointless fees and shit I incurred. I have a pretty strict wishlist I've thought long and hard about and will only consider a current release if it's pretty much interchangeable with a wishlist item in theme and style.
>>
>>8835560
>let alone rally them into anything
My point exactly.
>>
Can anyone comment on the sizing of VM bonnets? I'm looking into one for a coord, but I have a large head and will be wearing a wig with it so I'm worried that it will perch weirdly on the back of my head.
>>
File: bg_mmxv.jpg (551KB, 1600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
bg_mmxv.jpg
551KB, 1600x1040px
>>8835342
>>8835352
>>
I can't get on to lolibrary right now, does anyone know what other angelic pretty fold away umbrella's were released beside cinema doll?
>>
I want to get a parasol, but will ordering one online be hell? I heard that bodyline's always broke in the mail, but maybe that's just because their packaging is shitty.
I was considering just waiting for baby sf or nyc to get a nice one.
>>
>>8836478
out of all the goddamn dresses they could've put their dingy hands it was my goddamn honey cake

bodyline, whipped magic, replicas.......FUCKING HONEY CAKE REEE
>>
W...would it be tacky to wear my grandmother's fur stole and muff in a winter gothic coord. I don't support the fur industry and would never buy new furs, but these are sitting in my closet and I kind of want to use them. They were bought in the late 40s originally and it was a whole different world back then.

tl;dr: Can I wear vintage furs with Moitie without getting red paint thrown on me?
>>
>>8836604
I think it's fine, how would people know if it was fake fur or not? Just don't make a point that it's real fur, but simply vintage.
>>
>>8836604
I agree with >>8836630
Honestly, as a vegetarian myself I don't care about vintage goods made with animal products because that's in the past. As long as you don't support it in the future I wouldnt think people would have issues?
>>
>>8836604
Wear them. I'd love to see anon, I love fur.
I really doubt people will get up in arms about it irl. Online maybe, but please ignore it. I'm tired of tumblr saviors.
>>
>>8836526
Never got one from Baby but I ordered one from Meta and it was fine. It was packaged really well and the shipping wasn't grossly expensive.
>>
>>8836541
That makeup, those socks, the bracelets, peeking petticoat and bra strap...
prayer circle for the Honey Cake dream dress anons
>>
>>8836478
Tbh I'm a fucking dwarf and I'd take that pancake mix off that slut. Lolita will fit me for once.

For reference I buy bodyline kids stuff.
>>
>>8836526
depends on where you buy from and if it's domestic/international. Bodyline never packed their parasols properly so it'd get bent in transit across the globe. baby makes you purchase parasols separately iirc, because they have a special box and way of packing to make sure it doesn't get damaged. EMS is charged by weight, so it shouldn't be too crazy.
>>
>>8836630
It has a head and feet on it lol. I think that's the only way people would be able to tell without actually touching it though.

I'm glad you guys don't think it will be an issue! That makes me feel a lot better.
>>
>>8836672
When you say dwarf do you mean literally a little person?
>>
>>8836719
I'm 4'6
>>
>>8835843
>tfw AP has only done a ring in collab with Tales of Symphonia
>tfw other brands have done collab pieces but only for the games I'm not interested in
>Where's my Tales of Destiny collabs, not like it's the most popular Tales game in Japan or anything
>>
>>8836478
'Cupcake Fashion' right? That totally new thing they made up by themselves
>>
Opinions Gulls!!!

Ok, so I just received a dress I brought from a seller on LM. Now she stated in her ad that the dress had been damaged due to a manufacturing error and that one side of the bodice was discoloured. Because this is a neutral coloured dress the discolouration doesn't distract too much from the dress and in the photos it really wasn't that noticeable. I even ASKED her about the discolouration and she said it was just on the bodice and not that bad. Now this is one of my dream dresses (not in my preferred color way but still like it) and because of the defect I only payed 120 when it normally sells for 250 give or take. So for the deal and the dream I thought, why not, a little discolouration is nothing.

HOWEVER...I have now received the dress and let me tell you, I know for a fact that this was no "manufacturing" error. It is so obviously a washing mistake, probably by the seller, that it makes me laugh. I have found about 10 separate small bleach stains throughout the dress, the slight discolouration goes all the way down the skirt, and there are discolouration marks in other spots as well, not just the one mentioned. The whole dress in some weird way looks like it is now a shade lighter due to some idiot probably throwing it in the dryer.

Now what do you gulls think I should do?? Should I just give the seller a bad review on LM? Or contact her and ask for some money back? OR because I got a dress for 130 dollars less then it sells for should I just do nothing and call a spade a spade? The dress is still wearable and looks really classic and because of the color most of the discolouration looks like different lighting hitting it or that it has a shimmer.

More so im just so pissed that she lied and tried to play it off that it was the companies fault for sending her a defective dress.
>>
>>8836281
Honestly same with people dressing up their moms/ siblings it just seems like an attempt to whore up attention
>>
>>8836754
That's a toughie. Definitely contact her about the dishonesty, and possibly leave neutral or feedback dependent upon what she says. Dishonesty pertaining to item condition is something that a seller should have on their record.

I'm not sure asking for more money off is really worth it, if you feel it was a good deal already? Unless you plan to take it somewhere to see if they can fix the bleach and washing damages, in which case you might try to get her to foot the bill. I dunno.
>>
>>8836727
Putumayo, Meta, and Baby have done collab items with Tales. I'm hoping for some more stuff when Bearseria gets released.
>>
>>8836777
>neutral or negative feedback

Sorry, negative seems to have gotten eaten while I was trying to fix a typo.
>>
>>8835843
They've done 2 with Creamy Mami I think. The first was a JSK, hoodie, bag, hair bows, and like 2 wallets. The second was jewelry (ring, necklace, earrings) and tights.
>>
>>8836754
consider the other option that she may just ask for her dress back and give you a full refund - would you be ok with that? if not, then just suck it up, it was heavily discounted for the stains already
>>
>>8836801
They did a cutsew dress too
>>
>>8836726
anon its so nice to know there are other short lolita's out there!
>>
Is it possible to change given feedback on LM?
>>
>>8836478
Does anyone know where I could buy tights/socks like the girl in Honey Cake is wearing? Looks like nude nylons with colored stripes.

>>8836832
Do you mean you want to change feedback you left? Or the other person wants to change feedback? If so, yes, but with how unresponsive the mods have been lately, no. If you want to change fb you were given for some reason and the other person doesn't (unless they left retaliatory feedback), you're SOL.
>>
>>8836304
It wasn't loading for me earlier today, idk about now, though, but it wasn't just you.
>>
>>8836478
Isn't this from a TV show?
>>
>>8836515
Off the top of my head I know there's a chocolate printed one, Daydream Carnival, I think Toy Parade, a couple strawberry printed ones, and some random polka dot and logo ones.
>>
File: 1427687942084.jpg (51KB, 440x586px) Image search: [Google]
1427687942084.jpg
51KB, 440x586px
So I got the Holy Lantern MTO set a while back, and I decided to go for it since I'd be in Japan from late march to early April. Everything I've found on it says it will release in March... But I'm semi-panicking that it will ship March 31st, and not get to me before I leave the country on the 2nd of April (since the official emails say 1-5 business days shipping, and the 31st kicks off a weekend...)

Has anyone else done an MTO and have some kind of guess as to when this grail of mine couple be more likely to ship out? I can make contingency plans if needed to get my friend who lives there to ship it over but I'd rather not pay for shipping after spending $3k+ on plane tickets so I could ship it on my own back, lol.
>>
>>8836754
Double check all the sales pictures to see if any of those faults were visible, if not then your case for a partial refund is strong.

Can we see some pics or a link to the original sales post?
>>
>>8837301

Anon, by your own count it's going to be a pretty tight deadline even if AP makes it within their own shipping estimate. Definitely make some backup plans. If it arrives in time just take it on the plane with you, if it doesn't, at least you have somone to pick it up for you and ship it to you.

As for AP's MTO shipping times, none of mine have been late, but none have been early either. There's one or two that shipped one day before the last shipping date and arrived at Tenso even later after that. So yes, it's a very real possibility. Especially given that the MTO was so popular they had to close it and do another round later, they might just have so many orders that they may not make it on time this time.
>>
Armpit-anons:
I tried all 4 methods I found (vinegar soak, baking soda soak, freezing 72 hrs, spraying with alcohol) and I found the only one that was very effective was the alcohol. I don't think the freezer or baking soda did much at all, the vinegar neutralized the odor well but was a little salad-y.
I put 70% isopropyl alcohol into a spray bottle and just sprayed the shirt in the target areas. I didn't dilute it, but I probably could have. I kept it far away from my dresses when I did this, though, as I know alcohol makes some colors bleed really badly. I'm not sure if using the alcohol on a shirt will damage it any, but it's not melting yet, so.
However, I did try to do this on a thrifted blouse that I've also had for a while, but it didn't really work. I'm considering fucking boiling it because I really like it but it's basically unwearable right now.
My humble conclusions is: killing bacteria is really the huge deal when you have that smell that only occurs when the shirt is warm, regardless of wear. Neutralizing generally bad scents is better with baking soda or vinegar or just actually washing your stuff.
>>
>>8837425

This was really helpful, anon. Thank you so much for reporting back to us!
>>
>>8837425
Thanks anon. I followed the last thread and I'm having the same problems with clothing having a weird smell after they warm up. One of my white blouses now has a yellow stain though, did any of your shirts have this and did any of your methods clean it?
I tried armpit-pads once, the ones you stick on the clothing in the arm-pit area to protect the clothing. While the blouse indeed doesn't smell, the pad starts smelling and needs to be changed every few hours.
I also noticed that my sweat only really smells when I'm stressed by something (like being in a rush or uncomfortable situation) so it might be a hormonal issue to begin with.
>>
>>8834488
Holy shit. oldfag.
>>
>>8837301
It will ship to your tenso won't it? Just leave it in tenso warehouse until you get back! They'll hold it for 2 months
>>
>>8835533
CINEMA DOLL. CINEMA DOLL. CINEMA DOLL. CINEMA DOLL. CINEMA DOLL.
>>
Apparently the publisher of the Gothic & Lolita Bible decided that they will no longer feature Mana wearing Moitie in it. I am mad. Anyone else want to send an email to them to complain?

In b4 people who don't know why Mana was always featured in the bible say stupid stuff.
>>
Has a Lolita croquis ever existed? I really suck at drawing so using a croquis to design my dresses helps out a lot. I just wish the pose/proportions were more lolita-ish.
>>
>>8837589
Wait what!? Why?!
>>
fuck, lacemarket gives me the shits. I'm trying to list a dress and it keeps rejecting my photos being in the wrong format (they are jpgs) not sure if it's on my end or the site's end.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.