[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Boston 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: banner_v6.jpg (63KB, 1200x150px) Image search: [Google]
banner_v6.jpg
63KB, 1200x150px
I didn't see one in the catalog.
Any fun plans, cosplay lineups, good stories to share?
>>
File: I..png (130KB, 501x603px) Image search: [Google]
I..png
130KB, 501x603px
>>
Two years ago when they announced the theme as Kaiju vs Mecha at closing ceremonies I remember the entire place exploded in excitement and last year when they announced the theme as "field day" you could hear literal crickets chirping and t.b.h I still laugh about that.
>>
>>8824559
I was in closing and I didn't understand what they were announcing (why would you call it "field day" and not just "sports"?) I got a lot more interested after the con when I realized what they were talking about. My friends were planning a big haikyuu group anyway so I'm excited.
>>
File: 2016-01-21_10.27.52.jpg (458KB, 1066x1822px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21_10.27.52.jpg
458KB, 1066x1822px
You have to see this then. Like is this a thing now??
>>
>>8824660
The AB Social group is a never-ending cesspit of amusement. They usually get more and more insane the closer you get to the con.
>>
>>8824707
I wonder how long it'll take for us to start hearing the latest drama regarding 1449?
>>
File: tumblr_ll3ghfmNHH1qcs0tn.gif (242KB, 157x157px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ll3ghfmNHH1qcs0tn.gif
242KB, 157x157px
>>8824182
Bryan Fucking Lee strikes again
>>
>>8824707
no anon that's the 18+ group

I was trying to get to anime Boston social the other day and I found that group instead and I remember joining it out of curiosity...I literally only spent like 20 minutes in it cringing at all the weird shit before leaving the group. Seriously, if you thought ABS was bad I can tell you that ABS:18+ is 10x more cringe.
>>
>>8824768
He was in the UMass Boston anime club with my ex, god he has some horror stories.
>>
>>8824790
Please share..

He recently tried to join the BLS group and that sure was a trip. The mods had to change the title and rules of the group..
>>
>>8824795
He accused my ex of rape. Lee said he wanted his own Ciel from Black Butler and that he would be the perfect match, and my ex said something about how he shouldn't be chasing after younger boys and he jokingly said he would jump him. I have no idea where he got that he would rape him from that. Another thing is when they would watch Hetalia, he would yell out "pasta!!~" and strike a pose with a peace sign. Or he would meow and purr like a cat the whole time. I can ask him later what else.
>>
>>8824818
I'm somehow not surprised.

In the BLS facebook page he'd do a lot of things like calling cms 'chinese measurement' and talk about how he had a 'visual kei girlfriend who used to work at men's warehouse' and such. He also made lolicon/pedophelia jokes..

I've got caps of before it was all deleted but I don't think this is the right thread for too much focus on one person? I'm really interested in hearing more about this dodged bullet though.
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 639x856px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 639x856px
>>8824734
What is 1449 and why do I see it mentioned in every con thread?
>>
>>8824962
It's a clique full of wannabe frat boys
>>
>>8824577

Yeah the skit announcing it was pretty bad. The slogan should've just said SPORTZ in big letters.
>>
>>8824707
it wasn't amusing for me. I got death threats from people on there once.
>>
>>8825092
Wtf? Why??
>>
>>8825478
i don't really want to go into details, because i admit i might have said some things i shouldn't have, but that still doesn't justify what they did.
>>
I just wanna meet cool people at AB to hang out with outside of the con. Talk about Larp, vidya, go to Skyzone, touch fat dogs with. Fingers crossed.
>>
>>8826628
I like the way you think
>>
>>8825497
>You started some shit
>Got scared when it got real
>>
Speaking of talking shit and the Boston area, what's the latest news on the people responsible for the Alternicon trainwreck? Did that guy ever get sued?
>>
Is there anything I should know before heading here for the first time?
Good places to eat nearby, unspoken rules, traditions, etc?
>>
>>8826943

There used to be an awesome and convenient food court in the mall with the con center, but it recently closed. So food is going to be kind of a shitshow this year. There's a shaws (grocery store) at the end of the mall and places across the street in the back bay proper, but just give yourself extra time and be ready for confused crowds.
>>
>>8826943

If you can manage to carry only what you can fit in your pockets, you can skip bag check in and out of the Hynes.
>>
>>8827079
How long does bag check normally take, and what are they looking for? Like, will I get in trouble for having snacks and my water bottle?
>>
>>8827111
Bag check has gotten relatively quick since it was implemented. It depends largely on what time of day it is. If it's the morning there's gonna be long lines and it can be 10 minutes or it could be 20+. Sometimes I go and it takes me just a couple, sometimes 5. So overall if it isn't a high volume time of the day you can expect to get through pretty quickly.
>>
>>8827111
>>8827144
As for what they're looking for, the bag checks were implemented after the Boston marathon bombings so they're really just looking for weapons primarily, but probably also looking for drugs and alcohol also.
>>
>>8827111

Ostensibly weapons.

Realistically drugs.
>>
>>8827075
Oh God l, i didnt even think about that this year! The only upside to that is it's open 24 hours, so if need be I'll just get my crap at night or the night before.
>>
>>8827144
>>8827147
I just hope they don't try to redirect us again like they did last year or the year before. That was annoying af.
>>
>>8827458

The Pru was behind that. My understanding is the con doesn't want to do it again since it was a pain for them too, but if the mall demands it they'll probably capitulate
>>
>>8827075
If you exit out the mall by the Huntington Ave entrance, the one where the T stop is, and then you go straight to go down W Newton street (like you're going to st botolph inn or copley house) there's a 7-11 down that way. I know there's also a Trader Joe's across the street from the Hynes (the main entrance off Boylston, same street as the fire station and bars and shit) and I think a little bit farther down from that there's a Tedeschi I think?

You're also not far from Newbury St so there's some restaurants in that area too but you'll have to check prices, some places might be more expensive than others. The loss of the food court is so annoying because of the loss of the cheap, quick eats. I'm definitely gonna be trying to take advantage of pre-made meals from the grocery stores this year. If I wasn't taking the T to get to my hotel I would probably also consider bringing a cooler but oh well.
>>
File: 2016-01-23 13.47.50.png (1MB, 1440x2461px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-23 13.47.50.png
1MB, 1440x2461px
Nice to see 1449 get a head start on drama.
>>
>>8828402
ling is cringy as hell. i know him personally.
>>
>>8828402
ling is part of 1449? i think he's kind of funny
>>
>>8828440
he's one of the main people who started it actually. but yeah, he is.

he and i used to be friends but he changed a lot and then became terrible.
>>
>>8828402
He's been harassing me on the AB social 18+ page since I joined a few days ago. God he is do annoying
>>
>>8828582
>AB social 18+ page

there's your first mistake

your other mistake is posting on any of the ABS pages at all
>>
There will be an actual arcade there this year:

http://forums.animeboston.com/viewtopic.php?t=20190
>>
>>8828617
That's cool. Wanna get my table flip on.
>>
>>8828617
oh shit I'm so excited for the table flip one
>>
>>8828582
how's your 100k salary going for ya
>>
>>8828686
get off 4chan ling. this isn't a place for you.
>>
Any lolitas or lolita comm doing anything for AB?
>>
>>8828954
I'm not sure if the comm is doing the 101 panel again this year (usually they don't say anything until it's closer to con time) but I think there is usually at least one meet up (lunch somewhere near the con center) and a swap meet. I would join the comms facebook group to be able to check more easily for updates. It's boston lolita society
>>
Sorry if this is an odd questions to ask in this thread but I didn't want to make another thread for it. Has anyone been to a really good Midwest con they would recommend? It will be my first con and a lot of them seem cringey in that area. I'm from Kansas so I don't mind a commute to a different nearby state but I'd hate to make a trip for a con that's a flop. Sorry again that it's unrelated to this con specifically
>>
>>8829553

Acen. Remember, anon, Kansas/Missouri/Nebraska is like entering a time warp to ten years in the past so any local cons will only be good by 2006 standards. Make the trip to Acen.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.