[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FanimeCon 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

If you have ever been to Fanime you probably know the hell that is reserving a hotel. What do you think of their plan?
>>
i already heard about a few people who are pissed what with AA shit not being confirmed before hotel reg
>>
Good. This needed to be done.
>>
hate it....the lack of communication up front about it means that people get shafted. an easier procedure would be to limit hotel reg to 1 room per name.....this cuts down on scalpers at least.

i bought my badge today.....if i can't get a room i'm asking for a fucking refund or doing a chargeback on my CC. i was going to ghost this year, but the hotel debacle really canned that one.
>>
>>8823850
AA isn't confirmed, panels aren't confirmed, and professional reg isn't online. this is so shitty for anyone waiting on those things.

also, they haven't even posted the hotel prices, which is EXTRA shitty.
>>
>>8823925
It says you can book 1 room.
>>
>>8823925
Fat room to talk, complaining about their housing system when you never even planned to pay to go.
>>
Has anyone started planning their Fanime cosplays? I'm still not sure what I want to wear.
>>
>>8823838
I'm just hoping I can get a room only having registered today
>>
>find someone local who registered for fanime but doesn't need a room
>have them help you book in wave 1
>???
>profit
>>
>>8824709
if they want my $, they need to have some shit that makes the con worthwhile. guests and events have gotten really disappointing in the last few years.

considering that they've announced ZERO guests or events, i don't have particularly high hopes for this year either.
>>
>>8825350
literally no one I know has signed up for fanime because of that. guests and events are a huge reason why people go and not announcing any is a bad move on Fanime's part. You can really tell they're just after attendee's money by letting pre-reg get hotel rooms before AA vendors who still don't know whether they've gotten a table or not.
>>
I'm done with this but there really needed to go with it since prereg opened because no one would have guessed there was a benefit to doing it earlier except slight discount.

What will it take for them to bring in paid professionals to run this thing?
>>
>>8825658
Since they are supposed to be for fans by fans probably nothing
>>
>>8825658
they need to stop being cheap asses and using volunteers for everything. that's what it'll take.
>>
>>8825658
As long as people keep coming nothing will change.

Artist Alley really needs to revert back to a first come first serve registration with partial judging to weed out bad artists, taobao resellers and randos.

>first fanime aa
>big blue tent year
>sold next to girl who just had one giant minecraft pig plush
>>
>>8825731
just...one? one pig plush?
>>
>>8825731
LOL my friend bought that plushie
>>
>>8825736
Yes and it was massive

>>8825739
Your friend's a bro he was making breakfast
>Minecraft pig plush
>Cockblock
>Rice cooker plush
>Eggs plush
>>
>>8825731
AA is honestly the only reason i caved and bought the badge. it's one of the best in the country, in my experience.....only behind dragoncon's and megacon's.

dealer's hall has been meh, the costume contest is a hot fucking mess. at least the b&W ball and the karaoke room are still awesome. mostly i'm going to see folks i only see at fanime.
>>
>>8825731
Fanime doesn't give a shit about art thieves or resellers as long as they get the money for the table.
>>
>>8825925
If that's all they cared about they wouldn't be wasting everyone's time sorting through 700 applications.
>>
>>8825966
they're probably not sorting and just input everyone's name into a spreadsheet and then use random.org to pick random numbers as "accepted" artists til they run out of slots
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.