[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should bad customers be Community blacklisted?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 55195856.jpg (83KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
55195856.jpg
83KB, 400x400px
I'm a commissioner. Anyone in a craft trade knows how fussy and, sometimes, how utterly unrealistic and entitled, the cosplay customer base can be. We've all had them, and we work ourselves rugged to please them, and they are determined to make life hard for us.

Currently, I'm not aware of any network or community set up on Facebook or any other social platform for commissioners to get together and name and shame bad customers.

Does naming and shaming go against customer privacy? It is unprofessional to share the names and crimes of the difficult customers we accept with from? Or should we openly share the failures and unfair treatments of our customers to warn potential other commissioners in the same line of trade against taking work from these people?

Thoughts?
>>
>>8814499
You should ask a lawyer, not 4chan.
>>
So you are asking is it legal to flame a customer?
It is, but not your best business practice. With this exception of this community, business hates drama.

You want to protect yourself. Post your work and your timelines. If you see people flaming let your work speak for itself and don't comment.
>>
There is no cohesive feedback database anywhere for what you are talking about - I tried to search for one and couldn't find one.

There are places like Stie Jabber where people can post reviews and several artist beware sites on LJ but nothing for cosplay or Lolitas to list deadbeats to warn others.

I think as long as the review of the deadbeat was factual, posters provided proof, used non inflammatory language and was moderated to prevent dog piling and abuse it would be fine.
>>
How about you do your job properly, you assblasted faggot? It's not my fault you have a shitty job.

Fucking hell, you're almost as bad as the retard servers in restaurants that think a tip is mandatory, and not exclusively for stellar service.
>>
>>8816532
>>
>>8814499
I'd say it's pretty unprofessional and makes you look like the asshole, even if you're not. That and if you start naming and shaming customers a lot of other potential customers will back off to avoid drama/to not end up on your blacklist. Customers can be shitty, but that's the name of the game, especially in your line of work.
>>
>>8814499
You could set up a public feedback page but if it goes beyond the scope of service that could be classed as harassment. You can directly state in your feedback why you will not work with someone again. I would suggest you keep an objective moderator for it. If you can leave negative feedback your customers should be able to do so as well. I wish there was a log somewhere for this. I have worked for and with people that just didn't follow professional ethics or schedules and it is just irritating. Having to search blogs, cgl or random websites to see if anything pops up about someone I am trying to establish a business relationship with is tiresome.
>>
>>8816532
... How are you this clueless to how tipping works? Waitresses make less than minimum wage because they get paid by the cusromers in tips, it's not a thing to only be done with exceptional service, you're just supposed to tip more in that case. Not tipping is literally stealing service, hence why many restaurants won't let you back if you regularly don't tip and have an automatic gratuity on tables with a certain amount of people. Like Jesus, how are you this trashy?
>>
>>8817450
False. Employment law requires that if after tips the server makes less than minimum hourly wage, the owner must make up the difference.
If serving staff don't know their rights, then they deserve to get fucked over.
>>
>>8818712
>If serving staff don't know their rights, then they deserve to get fucked over.

>implying this would work
You have a 99% chance your boss will just laugh right in your face and fire you on the spot, and you'll never have the chance/money to make it to court and acutally get the difference back. If you actually think this is how things in real life work, you are retarded.

>b-but muh laws!!!
If it all were that easy, the would be no exploitation of the wating staff in restaurants anymore, the world would be a happy place and we'd all fart rainbows. Do you think the underpaid waitress *wants* to have a shity job with conditions like that? But these people often don't have a choice. So don't be a stuck up idiot.
>>
>>8818845
You file for unemployment and lodge a complaint with the labor board. Both cost $0, because the system was set up to protect people who need a living wage.
Most people think that the system is stacked against them so they don't fight it and THAT is why they live as they do.
You're right, filing a complaint will probably cost you a job, it will take some time to get a new job, which is what unemployment is for. If you do it a lot, you'll get a bad reputation, but honestly you should be moving up and not waiting tables at applebees your whole life.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.