[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Piercings and cosplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

CGL, what are your thoughts on keeping your piercings in while in cosplay, both at cons or at photoshoots? Is it just a small thing to overlook, or does it make a cosplay look lazy? Are there any suggested characters for people who can't or won't remove their piercings?

Pic related has been plastered all over the internet and even Fallout's Facebook today, but I can't stop looking at the nosering.
>>
Tattoos and piercings are distracting unless they are accurate to the character.

This topic comes up like, weekly.
>>
>>8813197
>lazy
I saw this on reddit and thought the same thing. Sure a stud isn't as distracting as a huge septum piercing but unless it's still healing why wouldn't you take it out? It's as lazy as cosplayers who don't remove their glasses for photos.
>>
>>8813197
I didn't even notice the tiny nose ring until you mentioned it. If something that tiny that blends in with the surrounding paint bothers you so much you should probably rethink your priorities and stop being so unbelievably salty. Seriously, this topic has been beaten to death.
>>
>>8813212
because for some people the pierced hole closes up...and why would they want to pay another 40-60 dollars???
>>
>>8813218
You can get clear piercings to hold open the piercing and they're not nearly as distracting/ugly...
>>
>>8813218
If it closes after a few hours or day then you're doing something wrong. If you just got it then why did you get a piercing right before a convention a photoshoot?
>>
Right, because people with piercings give a fuck what some salty cunts think, lol
>>
>>8813227
Who gives a fuck. This is a bout as nitpick as it gets. I bet you BARELY notice it in person for this cosplay because so much else is going on. I saw this yesterday and even I didn't notice until I tried looking a third time. This isn't worth a fucking thread being killed.
>>
Everyone has acknowledged tattoos and piercings look bad with cosplay. There are clear replacements for piercings and there are plenty of ways to cover a tattoo
>>
This was just a makeup test. Calm your tits. It's not like this was a photo shoot.
>>
>>8813197
Well the 10,000+ likes this has been getting on Fb would lead one to believe that most people don't give a shit about piercings. Especially tiny studs.
>>
>>8813249
>Being this defensive when the cosplayer in OP's image isn't even named
>>
He spent hours hand crafting prosthetics out of latex and you're going to bitch about a piercing? Do you know how long that took to make? Bethesda themselves liked the cosplay so stop being so fucking negative about it.
>>
>>8813268
At this point I'm pretty sure people are jealous that it got so much attention so they're just bitching about stupid shit.
>>
>>8813274
This.

Also, person in the image is a seagull.
>>
it's distracting, take it out unless the character has it, if it's healing that at least makes sense (though if there are clear replacements then do that) there have been some great cosplays ruined by a septum or something
>>
>>8813300
That one is hardly distracting. Not even close. Take the vendetta elsewhere. You're spilling salt all over the board.
>>
>>8813311
Kind of looks like a small screw which goes with the cosplay. People are only complaining because they know what it is, but for the character it can easily be something mechanical, not a piercing.
>>
>>8813300
While a piercing is healing you are not suppose to remove or replace the jewelry. Plastics can be porous thus harbor germs easier, surgical grade steel is used for new piercings for many reasons. Taking one out and putting another in can irritate the hole causing it to swell again, or introduce bacteria to the inner areas that are not normally exposed.
Secondly, if looking at someone bothers you, stop fucking looking at them.
>>
>>8813311
The person you're replying to didn't start the thread, I did. I didn't realize the person in the photo was a seagull darling or whatever, it was just something I saw on my feed that made me think of the topic. Calm down.
>>
>>8813326
>cosplay is amazing
>you can see all the hard work put into it
>the hours spent on painting before going to the con floor
>one nose stud
>THIS IS A BAD COSPLAY GET GOOD SCRUB

I hate people who ruin nice things because of some little thing like this that is so beyond small and really unnoticeable.
>>
>>8813346
No one gives a shit about nose studs, stop exaggerating. It's always tumblr septum piercings with huge cow rings or snakebites, and the jewelry is always in colors that don't match their outfit or skin at all so it's just so jarring and makes them look retarded.
>>
>>8813353
Im refer to the OP image that people are arguing about, saying that the stud should be removed for the cosplay.

Follow along.
>>
>>8813354
no one called it a bad cosplay they just said it was lazy. no one is really even mad
>>
The ring wouldn't be so noticeable if they didn't contour their nose in a way that made it look really poorly positioned
>>
The piercing isn't even the biggest offender with this
>>
>>8813197
It depends for me.

If it's like a septum, yes take it out.

But I have a nose piercing and when I don't have the stud in you can noticeably see the hole and it just looks weird.

I usually either shop out the hole or the stud in photos, though.
>>
>>8813254
Do you even know how much it's been going around FB and tumblr you sperglord? It's pretty easy to find the original post.
>>
>>8813357
This. The amount of whiteknight rage going on in this thread is unreal considering the worst anyone has called it is distracting. The unique poster count is really skewed too.
>>
File: peter.jpg (71KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
peter.jpg
71KB, 480x480px
Piercings can sometimes work if your character is punk-like but 95% of the time they look stupid, like wearing out of place shoes. it's not the worst thing but if I worked for 20 hours on a costume I'm going to take my studs out.

The worst offenders are ~edgy~ tumblr teens who keep them in for the aesthetic.

>>8813386
Stop shitting up the thread by licking this person's butthole and post on-topic.
>>
>>8813197
Hey that's me again!

I chose not to remove my piercing for the test as I currently do not have a clear retainer and didn't want to risk it closing up!

But to keep the thread on topic I personally do not mind piercings and tattoos in cosplay. I don't find them "distracting" unless the person's face is full of them. Even then it doesn't really bother me personally.
>>
>>8813530
I think it your face makeup looks really good! And the piercing is so small, it's barely noticeable anyway so I don't know why OP can't stop looking at it.

To keep OT, I think that accuracy is important so a cosplayer's should opt to make their body mods as subtle as possible. I wouldn't tell someone to not get body mods to cosplay though, because I think body modding has nothing to do with cosplay (like how cosplay shouldn't be a reason to have plastic surgery).
>>
>>8813530
>Hey it's me!
>I need more attention!

We were so close to moving away from the circlejerk over this photo.
>>
>>8813548
It might be the angle I took the picture and the way I did up the contrast in shoop so nothing would be super washed out by my shitty bathroom lighting. It doesn't particularly stand out in person though!... At least not to me.
>>
>>8813557
Oh just shut the fuck up and go be a cunt somewhere else.
>>
File: image.png (117KB, 273x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
117KB, 273x275px
Having piercings at all shows that your parents are idiots and you weren't taught how to look like a presentable human, which resulted in you poking holes in your face to show the world how edgy you think you are. Really, you just look like an idiot.

It doesn't distract much from the actual cosplay, but I can tell a lot about a person when they have piercings. I always avoid them.
>>
>>8813568
g8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>8813571
I hate to break it to you, but that's the opinion of most people.
>>
>>8813568
>how dare your parents allow you to even have pierced ears! Dishonor on you and your cow!
>>
>>8813568
> implying piercings are edgy
>>
>>8813585
Ear piercings are fine, so long as the person is female. Facial piercings, naval piercings, nipple piercings, and whatever other bullshit people do is trashy and ignorant.
>>
>>8813568
>shows that your parents are idiots and you weren't taught how to look like a presentable human
>on cosplay and J-fashion board
kek
>>
>>8813580
Most people really don't give a shit, at least as long as the person isn't completely covered in them.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 350x277px
Of course monkeys are going to fling shit when something makes them mad instead of listening like smart people. Don't know why I even bothered.
>>
I personally don't like it, but for Nick Valentine I - could- ignore it because he's a synth. Also because it's really small.

BTW I loved the makeup, my boyfriend even got super hyped up to cosplay nick because before he saw this, he thought it was impossible so he had dropped the plans.
>>
File: opinion.jpg (273KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
opinion.jpg
273KB, 800x800px
>>8813590
>>
File: image.gif (383KB, 226x232px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
383KB, 226x232px
>>8813682
Sure thing pal. Hope you're happy being blissfully unaware how much people are judging you and wondering what kind of trailer park you grew up in.
>>
>>8813738
>worrying about people judging you
>cosplay thread
>>
>>8813789
Why would I have to worry about that? I don't walk out of my house with metal hanging out of my nose.

Also I'm not a cosplayer or a lolita.
>>
>>8813798
>Also I'm not a cosplayer or a lolita.
Then why are you even here?
>>
>>8813798
Then why are you here? Any interest relevant to this board is something that normies will judge you for.
>>
>>8813813
there seems to be someone going around and trying to subtle troll cgl all day I think it's them
>>
I don't know if half the people criticizing this even know what the fuck the character is from, or can even grasp the "damage" at the side of the head. That stud could easily be welding damage, wasteland dust, a small screw, etc. It's a post apocalyptic world where everything in unclean and broken.
>>
>>8813218
Your right you can get those and they look like a weeping infection. I had to for an intership. I got told by the company they would rather the piercing but my school would not let me graduate if they found out. It looked so gross. When I went to put the piercing back in it would no longer fit even though the gauges were supposed to be the same.
>>
>>8813590
>ignorant
nigga wut, and your opinion isn't that popular. people really don't give a shit, but nice try faggot
>>
>>8813903
People obviously aren't going to say it to your face but they're thinking it. Are you really this fucking stupid? Take that ugly piece of metal out of your nose and maybe I'll take you seriously.
>>
Tbh it's just out of character for me and it ruins the look of the costume. I have a girl. I know who has a septum, two lip piercings and all her ears and all her cosplay's look gross to me because she cosplay's characters who are very young and it just throws the look off. But then again I have two tattoos on my back that people can see so idk haha
>>
>>8813232
I've had a philtrum piercing for years. The other day it healed up after an hour of being out and I had to go and get it redone
>>
>>8813268
Lol his prosthetics are pieces of shit
>>
>>8815889
They really aren't though. Good try.
>>
>>8813197
I personally don't mind piercings but I do think they should be hidden if you're cosplaying a character that doesn't have them (not including ear lobe piercings as I feel most characters would probably have them)

I myself use a mixture of clear retainers and flesh colored jewelry although the flesh colored ones tend to be pretty horrible at being hidden
>>
>>8814710
>I know what everyone is thinking
kek, whatever you say salty-chan
>>
>>8813855
>board mostly women
What do you think?
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 960x716px
Kind of relevant.
But the problem with these is that they'd leave huge holes when taken out. (The plugs in the ears and sides of her nose)

And no, this isn't punk rapunzel. Just normal.
>>
>>8816302
Oh wait, that's just a giant stud in her nose.
So those could all be removed if she wanted unless they'd close up.
But I'd rather see her with the plugs in her ears rather than see the skin dangling, honestly.
>>
>>8816302
I think it's smart that she did really bad eyebrows to detract attention from the piercings.
>>
>>8816302
to combat the huge holes maybe flower type ones would work? I think it would make it look like she has a flower in her hair or something
>>
>>8816314
That's a cute idea!
>>
>>8816302
septum could be flipped up, nose stud could be smaller, instead of tunnels there are a fuckton of cute plugs that would blend in better, and the lip piercing could easily have a clear plug or shorter barbell in instead.
>>
>>8816314
That's a good idea, get the plugs with big flowers on it, or even the clear acrylic ones with petals inside. Disclaimer, don't use acrylic in your piercings until they're fully healed.
>>
>>8813197
Most people don't even notice what few piercings I have head wise. (Eyebrow, since earlobe piercing, and simple industrial.) All the metal is silver and 9/10 no ones sees the top of the ear with the industrial.

As far as other people go with the "crazy" piercings I really don't give a shit. My life isn't so bad that I need to whine and moan about strangers.
>>
>>8816302
Gross. I imagine this kind of girl as one who charges $15 for a blow job outside a 7-11 for a living since Daddy was never around and her mom was equally as stupid. She probably sleeps her way into cons since her lack of education and money from her night job means no money for hotels or costumes. Guys love girls with piercings because they're always easy.
>>
>>8816296
You do know people without piercings often talk to each other about how stupid people with piercings look, right?

Well no, you wouldn't because those people were taught by their parents that insulting people to their face is rude. I guess that's something your parents never brought up with you? Figures.
>>
>>8818271
Lol, not everyone is a salty cunt like you.

>You do know people without piercings often talk to each other about how stupid people with piercings look, right?
I've been with the same group of friends for 6 years and we haven't once shittalked people with piercings. Most of us don't even have any piercings, and the ones who do just have ear piercings.
>>
>>8818271
No they don't lol
>>
>>8818271
if that's what you and your friends talk about so often you must be the most boring human being on the planet
>>
>>8818274
>"I don't have piercings and neither do any of my friends1!"
>gets asshurt and cries over someone on the internet saying piercings look stupid
Oh sure, anon. I'm picturing a nose stud drenched in tears right now.
>>
>>8818284
>this is what rednecks believe
>>
>>8818285
> implying I'm the one throwing a fit ITT
Haha, you can believe what you want to believe. You don't get life brownie points for acting like an asshole to other people just because they have bodymods.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 750x506px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 750x506px
>>8818284
>>8818277
>>8818274
>>8816296
>>8813903
>>8813600
Not the opinion of most people, eh?
>>
File: gross.png (11KB, 351x216px) Image search: [Google]
gross.png
11KB, 351x216px
>>8818536
Oh man the desktop one is even better.
>>
I've had a nose piercing for about 8 or 9 years. I can go months without wearing it. When I don't have it in it just looks like I have a birthmark on the side of my nose. It's fun to wear every once in a while, but I tend to not wear it more often than I do.

Honestly, I didn't even notice the piercing on the original image but it does seem a little lazy to leave it in. Unless it was recently pierced, of course.
>>
i have some piercings, yes I'm aware they're not """accurate""" enough to nitpickers but i'm not striving to look perfect and i'm not bothered by people on the internet saying shit about them. everyone's gonna have a different opinion and me getting offended over someone's anonymous thoughts is a waste of energy.

i didn't spend the money on the piercing process and nice jewelry to impress people, this topic is overdone and beaten to death already.
>>
>>8818548
most people still don't have internet,
just sayan
>>
File: shiggydiggy.png (136KB, 510x509px) Image search: [Google]
shiggydiggy.png
136KB, 510x509px
>>8818536
>>8818548
>2016
>not knowing that your searches are tailored to you
>ishiggydiggydo
>>
>>8813232
That's not true at all. Some piercings won't but facial piercings do close up extremely fast, even if they've been healed for a decade.
>>
>>8824928
>taking this long to respond
>doesn't post proof that your search result says differently
k

continue samefagging by all means, also.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.