[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not entirely certain if this is the right place (/tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 14

File: 1452613674714.jpg (76KB, 640x854px) Image search: [Google]
1452613674714.jpg
76KB, 640x854px
I'm not entirely certain if this is the right place (/tg/ denizen), but are there japanese people who are obsessed or greatly enjoy western culture in a manner similar to weaboos?

Eating nothing but hamburgers, having a confederate/union/nazi flag on the wall, wearing full plate in their downtime...

Or just, y'know, interested in western culture in a reasonable way.
>>
They're called reverse weeaboos.
>>
File: AnwtN7S.jpg (136KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
AnwtN7S.jpg
136KB, 480x270px
>>8810262
...huh.
>>
>>8810265
>Texas and Oklahoma dialect

Lol. This can't be real.
>>
Well I mean Black Butler was a thing so probably
>>
>>8810279
And that's another thing. A rather large number of manga and anime have demons and the like as a part of the plot. Why is this?
>>
For england obsessives its Teaaboos.
>>
>>8810260
https://youtu.be/_Qe4AZRkFYE
>>
>>8810260
on japanese military forums there are some people who fantasize about being american, russian or nazi soldiers. Dressing up and maybe doing some airsoft battles.

>>8810288
because it's exotic to the japanese. Also, There are 20.000.000 manga series so if you want to come up with a premise for an exiting story and setting for your manga, you have to use everything. That's why there are manga about people travelling back in time to cook for feudal lords and shit. Gotta keep it fresh.
>>
>>8810300
>That's why there are manga about people travelling back in time to cook for feudal lords and shit

Go on.
>>
>>8810262
Actually it is *insert country here* otaku in japanese but when searching アメリカオタク you will mostly get results about america's nerds.
>>
>>8810303
I concur
>>
File: 1428019843734.jpg (13KB, 240x196px) Image search: [Google]
1428019843734.jpg
13KB, 240x196px
>>8810291
>>
>>8810265
God, I love living Dallas.
>>
File: INp4fl9.png (117KB, 935x391px) Image search: [Google]
INp4fl9.png
117KB, 935x391px
>>8810276
No, it's actually a parody of the infamous pic related.
>>
>>8810260
>>8810262
Westaboos
>>
File: c07.png (504KB, 680x273px) Image search: [Google]
c07.png
504KB, 680x273px
>>8810265
I prefer this one.
>>
>>8810260
My husband is one of these people. Japanese, decided to study abroad for college, ended up in Texas, subsequently became infected with cowboy hats, guns, horseback riding, Cracker Barrel, tanks, and state's rights. He wears a duster and a stetson hat, completely unironically, in the middle of New York City. Also likes Renn faires.
>>
>>8810260
You probably want to ask that on /jp/.
>>
>>8810291
There's also Ouiaboos for France.
>>
I doubt there are many, but they do exist. There's also raggare in the Nordic countries and western Europe, which apparently involves a deep love of 50s/60s American cars, rock and roll, and confederate flags. They look about as trashy as American confederate flag wavers.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 786x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 786x383px
>>8810352
Who doesn't love 50s Cadillacs though?
>>
There's an Ameriboo town in Saitama called Johnson Town

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/07/29/johnson-town-a-little-piece-of-america-in-japan-where-all-the-residents-are-japanese-【pics】/
>>
>>8810260
why the fuck are you asking us? men are fucking idiots
>>
>>8810434
Because this board has threads about weeaboos all the time? /jp/ would have probably been better, but in a way it's related to the nerd culture and Japanese influence this board has, I could see how OP could have gotten the idea to ask here.

OP didn't even post anything about their gender, stop being a baby.
>>
File: 07paris-600.jpg (51KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
07paris-600.jpg
51KB, 600x315px
They definitely love charming western things. Many couples now are opting for a western style church wedding though the person officiating it is usually a foreigner with no actual church affiliation. They just like the romance of the church and dressing in stylish dresses and tuxedos over the Shinto ceremonies.

As for straight up reverse weeaboos they exist but not as many as regular weeaboos.
>>
File: aymmy-in-the-batty-girls-logo.jpg (91KB, 700x384px) Image search: [Google]
aymmy-in-the-batty-girls-logo.jpg
91KB, 700x384px
>>8810260
I feel like Seto Ayumi counts, since her brand is literally herself + American things (fast food + comics)
>>
Actually there's a video game designer called Suda51 who's an Americaboo.
He was born in Japan, but is a fan of western tv shows. He loves Star War so much he made a "light beam katana" one of his characters' main weapon.
That's the only reverse weeaboo I can think of.
>>
File: Travis_Touchdown.jpg (87KB, 1000x870px) Image search: [Google]
Travis_Touchdown.jpg
87KB, 1000x870px
>>8810733
Forgot to add picture of torabusu tuchudown
>>
Whoever was the creative mind behind Panty and Stocking
>>
>>8810744
The best thing Drawn Together ever made
>>
>>8810262
free-aboos
>>
>>8810733
What about Swery65?
>>8810744
Gainax?
>>
>>8810744
best anime
>>
>>8810350
Fuck, I loled.
>>
>>8810744
That's Trigger before they left Gainax. There's western references all over Kill la Kill too, like the Pulp Fiction guys in the background of ep 4 (the "budget" episode).
>>
Oh also whosever idea it was to name the characters in Amagi Brilliant Park after Kanye West, 50 Cent and Queen Latifa
>>
I think quite a lot of Japanese are at least somewhat into other countries, usually USA or Europe. For an example as a Finn living in here I sometimes get a bit surprised at the level of intensity some people are putting in to learning the language, buying everything Finnish they can find... some even read those books about our education system and try to implement it on their kids. Mostly I find these people just really cool and am happy that they are interested in my country but sometimes they really do remind me of the Japan weeaboos back home.
>>
>>8810341
He sounds hot, photo evidence requested
>>
My school has a shit ton of Asiam international students and I've noticed that there are many who only like western music(Taylor Swift or One Direction) or movies(Disney, Marvel etc). Some even want to marry a foreigner and many don't like anime or Japanese music.

Defintiley not as bad as teen weaboos though but similar to people who like a different culture.
>>
>>8810260
That image is straight up cultural appropriation. Shame on her. I'm going straight to Tumblr and Facebook to call her out.
>>
>>8810773
It was actually really cringey and bad. Japs try too hard sometime to compare with American television. They only succeed at wooing a small minority of loser teenagers who most of the time grow out of it post-college.
>>
>>8810291
Britaboo, you mean
>>
>>8811208
it was the same level of all the other gainax stuff.
>>
>>8810766
Isn't Deadly Premonition an homage to Twin Peaks?
>>
Shit guys I'm an asian and collect all sorts of American stuff and am trying to become an American. Is it really cringe?
>>
>>8811255
no.
>>
>know a black photog with hardcore Asperger's
>his parents are literal Africans from Africa
>they did wealthy socialite things like fancy dinner parties, going to the theater, etc as often as possible and made him do it with them so they could be more "American"
>he just wanted to play games and go to anime conventions
>ABSOLUTELY NOT YOU HAVE TO BE A DOCTOR

This just in: It's pretty common for people to be fascinated with a culture that's not their own. More at 11.
>>
>>8811327
Yup! Complete with its own version of the log lady.
>>
My roommate described the Japanese students who attended the agriculture college at the University of Nebraska as being "hardcore cowboy"-types.
>>
File: 1438702825044.png (762KB, 697x634px) Image search: [Google]
1438702825044.png
762KB, 697x634px
They're always from Texas, I swear
>>
>>8811636
Urgh, sounds like my folks.
>>
>>8810260
>obsessed with France
Oui-aboo
>>
>>8812748
Yes.

OP reminded me of the Yoyogi park rockabilly dancers, but there do seem to be a lot of japanese obsessed with foreign culture. Whether they're more likely to mix anything that seems gaijin or actually obsess over a single country like weeaboos, I'm not sure. The country as a whole has become quite fond of western stuff, kinda like Europe adopted a lot of American culture in the late 1900s.
>>
>>8810339
>mfw live in Texas
>east Asian Biochem Professor wears cowboy hat and boots to every class
>prefers to be called 'River' as that's what his name translates to in English

It pretty adorable actually. Well, if his class weren't such a hard thing to paddle through.
>>
>>8810260
Oh man. That girl's the chink in my armor.
>>
>>8813538
That image should honestly just be saved with that joke because everyone makes it when they see it.
>>
I do know there are a lot of gun otaku. So much so there's a thriving industry for accurate replica airsoft guns in Japan.

I'm sure there are other kinds too, interest is going to be there since people usually find exotic things interesting, and as boring as America seems to the people living in it, it is a place that would spark interest in other people.

I wouldn't be surprised especially if the idea of the Midwest or places liked Texas and Alaska, where owning a decent amount of land is fairly common, is very popular over there since land is an extremely valuable commodity in comparison.
>>
>>8810260
I am like this kind of. I prefer American movies and games much more than local movies and games. I have friends who are "Anglophiles" and "Francophiles"
>>
File: WorstPossiblePhoto.png (63KB, 190x361px) Image search: [Google]
WorstPossiblePhoto.png
63KB, 190x361px
During my trip to Japan I saw this guy by wearing a cowboy hat and leather pants unironically. He was just living his life walking through the park.
Naturally I only manage to take a horrible photo, when he's far away and half obstructed by a lamp post, but believe me, he exists.
I can't imagine how he could stand the leather pants, it was a hellish heat during those days.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.