[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 38

old thread a kill >>8799349

Closet of frills >>8792395
Coord help thread >>8791454
Nitpick thread >>8806124
Handmade Lolita >>8776803
Price Check thread >>8768105
Lolita Communities thread >>8799979

AP announced a British Bear MTO starting today till 14th. Is there still hope for a Chocolate Rosette MTO?
>>
They should rerelease other prints. And British bear was so meh in my opinion. But I guess enough people liked it.
>>
Can we talk about the amount of shitty board culture on here? I'm really tired of seeing constant "ur a sjw" accusations in every god damn j fash thread.

This is the only place I like discussing lolita and all I ever see are people throwing text tamtrums because oh my lord, someone has an opinion and it reeks of sjw!!

Like can we all just ignore this stupid shit please.
>>
>>8806474
>4chan
>not hating SJW
Wrong website mate
>>
>>8806417
Agreeing with you. It just looks cluttered and feels like another AP print. Feels like some Christmas wrapping paper too.
>>
>>8806484
Right? Who wants to buy a Christmas dress after Christmas?
Or is it because you wouldn't get one until next Christmas?
>>
>>8806481
But this is cgl, and this board actually has a high female population. We don't need to be like the other boards.
>>
>>8806484
>>8806488
How is it "Christmas"? It's British Bears and isn't remotely holiday themed. Are you thinking of AP's actual Christmas print?
>>
>>8806474
This isn't the vent thread...
>>
>>8806493
You've never seen generic wrapping paper that's covered in teddy bears, have you?
>>
>>8806496
No shit, sherlock
>>
>>8806074
Someone confirm if fake or not please.
>>8805422
>Are the Castle Mirage and Sweet Cream House sets going to be in the AP USA store too or have I missed them already? I know they had Twinkle Doll and Whip Factory already.
Also different anon but I want this answered too
>>
Whatever happened to that Lolita shop owned by the Leigh's? Everyone was outraged about it, then it opened, now no one is talking about it. Can some Texas lolitas go spy on it and maybe give some pics? I'm curious what their inventory is like.
>>
>>8806519
Stop shilling, John. We buy our burando from Nippon like God intended
>>
>>8806519
I visited once. They had Dreamy Jewel (actually prettier in person) so it's confirmed AP is sending them stock. They sell Meta and Putumayo too, and had Atelier Boz and Triple Fortune in their seasonal featured brand corner. Also tons of Misako products like her photobook. Unfortunately everything is like retail yen converted to USD price and cheaper than AP SF. I wish they inflated their prices more so it gives me another reason to dislike them.
>>
>>8806539
I've been living under a rock.
The leighs opened a shop? As in the scumbags that fucked that fashion show over and the creep that hit on all those girls? Like the American Mr Yan? And now brands are sending them shit? Whaaaaaaat the fuck
>>
>>8806531
How am I John? I just want to know if their hole-in-the-wall ~lolita boutique~ can last in some second story asian mall. I'm legitimately curious how long they can stay open without a webshop.
>>8806539
I really wish AP SF would just lower their prices at least. I want to support them more but AP Int is always like 60 dollars cheaper. I don't think either of the US Baby stores do that and they seem to get by just fine.
>>
>>8806543
Where the fuck have you been? Seriously check the archives, it has been discussed multiple times.
>>8806519
Also check the archives. Pictures have been posted of the shop since its promotion and opening.

They managed to do shit because somehow they're magically persuasive and now Texas has one of the biggest lolita shops in the US with a crazy amount of brand run by shitty people. Hooray. Giving it attention will only make it worse, we already have people asking about visiting Houston just to see it.
>>
Anyone from the Luckypack thread actually get their stuff yet?
Interested in photos of everyone's AP/Baby as well as other jfash like amavel, fint, swankiss, etc.
>>
>>8806552
I wish AP USA would just close if I'm honest, and just have AP as pop up shops at/near cons.
>>
>>8806555
I was taking a hiatus from lolita. I'm looking at the archives right now actually, but it'd be nice to know if there's any recent drama.
>>
>>8806556
My AP lucky pack is at the post office and I'll get it tomorrow. I can post pics when I get it if you like. I got the normal whip factory set in pink.
>>
>>8806557
Why
>>
>>8806560
Nah not really. HLC has been splintered up in cliques and it doesn't feel like much of a community anymore, people just do private things nowadays. The drama has been shut down since everyone is tired of fighting and no one will speak up against those angry at the leighs. It's either talk shit or stay quiet. It's reasonable but it made things in the comm very tense. Personally I don't support them but I won't destroy friendships or bully anyone because of the Leighs, I'm not giving them the power to continue to ruin my community. But sone of the more heated activists against the Leighs will yell at those even considering to peek into the shop or talk shit about them behind their backs. This one girl actually went through a massive friend deletion because some girls went to see the shop in person. Everything has turned into silent "pick a side" here, which is stupid to me but oh well. I just miss having fun in lolita but its just how things are.
>>
>>8806571
I hope you HLC lolitas kind of meld back together once they inevitably move away from lolita. The Leigh's fracture every community they touch.
>>
>>8806570
Because it's never fucking stocked like the paris shop ended up? AP has pop-up shops in Paris from time to time and they're always stocked with good, highly wanted products.
>>
>>8806557
Isn't AP USA's problem exacerbated by John withholding goods.
>>
>>8806691
I don't want any lolita shop overseas to fail. They just need to lower their prices and I honestly think they'd be fine. I'd buy a lot of their lesser desired items if it was just slightly around the JPY price.
>>
>>8806557
What? why? AP USA does the pop up shops at most cons and manages the whole thing. That's the whole reason you get stuff like that.

Also, while the prices are more expensive, it means that product is set aside just for overseas customers, which doesn't happen otherwise.
>>
>>8806723
I think the problem is not only do quite a few of the more popular releases not get stocked properly, everything's more expensive. So you get stores full of less desired stock at bad prices.
>>
>>8806514
Also really curious about the castle mirage and sweet cream! Did AP USA do their MTO castle mirage release already?
>>
>>8806717
Or even if they just got their shit together about shipping prices. Fuck their markup. How many times have we calculated what should be the cost of shipping vs. THEIR cost of shipping. I wouldn't mind their price hikes for the US store, but where the HELL is the shipping money going?

I worked at a Japanese clothing store for a while. The price hike we put on items was supposed to cover the cost to get it to us AND the profit the company wanted.
>>
>>8806484
>>8806488

One of the mysteries of life will be how this dress is so unhyped, never talked about, dismissed, ignored by lolitas on here, on fb -- and yet the print was trading above retail up until yesterday. We're not even talking about scalpers, I've been bidding over retail on this and yet I'm always outbid by someone else. Have you checked LM? The only unsold British Bear is an OP for $950. Apparently despite all the hate this print gets, there are real girls out there who are willing to shell out for this print.

So whatever other nonsense AP is doing, this MTO at least definitely makes sense. Don't get me wrong, I still want a Chocolate Rosette MTO as well, hopefully with green colourway, but to see them actually do an MTO for a print that is obviously being scalped is pretty encouraging.

And hey, I even like the Christmas dress idea. I think I'm going to make British Bear my backup Christmas dress, just in case next year's Christmas print is another clusterfuck like Merry Bunny again. So thank you for that idea, at least.
>>
>>8806729
Castle mirage was never made to order. Anon was talking about the special sets.
>>
>>8806571
>Personally I don't support them but I won't destroy friendships or bully anyone because of the Leighs
This, holy shit. my Facebook feed is like 1692 Salem with all of the people calling out Leigh-supporters and then publicly bragging about disowning/unfriending anyone who isn't militant in the boycott.
I understand that this is an issue a lot of people are passionate about but the blind hatred for those who are still going is getting ridiculous. Regardless of anything else, this con brings in a lot of people and some businesses were contractually-obligated to attend before all of this shit went down and now they're faced with the dilemma of losing a shit-ton of money or sucking it up and going. I'm personally not going to slaughter anyone who chooses not to lose money, next year will be a different story but for this year I wish people would fucking chill.
Sorry for vent. Polite sage.
>>
>>8806738
Eastern lolitas like it? Maybe? It always seems to get picked up quite quickly on the auction sites.
>>
>>8806746
I still can't believe people are legit shaming and claiming to kick out people who attend AM, even if they just go to support people like Morning Musume or brand. What if they're even just going to sell art or help friends, but they still don't morally support the Leighs? What if it's the ONE con they can get to anywhere, all year, because it's just that local for them? (Yeah, I'm a former poorfag who had that ONE con type and it was run by someone shitty, too, but we dealed with it and people still attend without being idiots about it.) What if they just ghost and don't even buy tickets (thus not financially supporting the Leighs) because they just want to see their friends while having an opportunity to cosplay? Not to mention contracts. I don't even know, the idea that people are bragging about disowning/unfriending/banning anyone who isn't militant in the boycott is outrageous to me. Maybe it's just because I've become an oldfag who doesn't want to deal with drama anymore and I actually know how to chill, but still.
>>
>>8806738
I'm honestly going to be really upset if they don't do an MTO for Chocolate Rosette at this point. The rerelease was quieter than Holy Lantern, sure, but those pieces were snapped up fast in Japan AND the U.S. store despite their garbage ticket system and things showing up too late.

It would be a fucking DREAM to get that print at a fair price to me without having to fight someone. They would have so much of my money.

Even now, the least desirable of the rerelease prints are going at least 50 bucks above retail. ANYTHING in red or blue is retail+ around $200. In a month or so the least desirable colors will go back to being $200 dollars more if there's no MTO.
>>
I'm surprised there hasn't been a Melty Cream Doughnut rerelease yet, with the ridiculous price of that. Was it unpopular upon release or something?
>>
>>8806750

I'm convinced it's the same group of fans that keeps buying out the school and university OPs. It's a similar style, I don't see any hype over that either, and yet AP not only re-released pretty school OP this weekend, it sold out within the day. I always wonder who these lolitas are, and if they wear their pretty school OPs to school.

>>8806775

I'm still holding out hope. If you count back, in between British Bear's release and MTO, there's three new releases, two re-releases, and the lucky pack release. So six releases total. Someone said AP's schedule was out of whack due to Holy Lantern MTO being more popular than anticipated. So I'm going to sit back and give them another 5 more releases before losing hope.

I'm actually more worried they won't put the green in the MTO and will stick with the sickly pink colour.
>>
>>8806797
I would seethe if they didn't do the green. Like, it would just be stupid of them not to. The green colorway is GORGEOUS and it's the PERFECT incentive to get people to buy for an MTO. It was the rarest colorway.

My nightmares are these:
1. They don't do an MTO at all
2. They never release the green again
3. As a special incentive they change up the design into something ugly.
>>
File: hnnnnng.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hnnnnng.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
>>8806775
Same. Chocolate Rosette in green or navy is one of the few AP releases I really desperately want, and I missed out on the rerelease because I'm a derp and don't pay enough attention apparently. I'm still upset about it.

>>8806797
Personally I like the university OPs but didn't care much for British Bear because of, well, the bears. If they had been less prominent I might have gone for it.
>>
>>8806570
While Lynda isn't as bad as John, she's also not much better- either in personal OR business practices.
>>
>>8806788
There is a new donut dress coming out.
>>
>>8806797
>>8806775

Nah, I lost any hope in an CR MTO, it's been way too quiet.
I guess it depends on what hype it has in china, as the MTOs are mostly happening when the chinese Lolitas make an uproar.
>>
Anons, whats your prefered and or fastest method of selling lolita items?
Do you only try for lace market or do you link your lacemarket to LSE? Is EGL sales completely dead (at least to you personally)?
>>
>>8806829
Chinese lolitas are ruining the lolita market i m o
>>
>>8806836
LM/BST threads, don't use LSE and yeah commesales are dead.
>>
>>8806745
Sorry, I meant the rerelease of castle mirage.
>>
>>8806818
True, but it's not the same.
>>
>>8806836
I kinda love comm sales for the oldfags that don't know anywhere else to sell and give you awesome bargains because no one is buying there.
>>
>>8806788
In the latest Kera, there's a poster of the new Baked Sweets Parade but they listed the dress as Melty Cream Donuts (also had a price attached) so I'm hoping AP is also releasing a MCD special set and Kera accidentally put the wrong info in?
>>
File: image.jpg (185KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185KB, 852x1136px
>>8806875
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 639x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 639x1136px
>>8806888
>>
>>8806691
Never stocked? AP USA gets all the new releases, well even if it is 1 dress of each color, it's way more then Paris got (the Paris shop got like 1-2 dresses of each PRINT and not just 1-2 weeks later, but 3 months later!). Also the prices are ok, at least if you buy instore, USA prices are like 27000 Yen = 270$, but the old Paris shop was 27k Yen = 500$. And the Pop up shop in Paris also sells like 27k Yen = 300$.
>>
the tall lolita thread is dead so ill try here. does anyone have a pic of someone tall (175cm+)wearing this dress? i know baby doll dresses usually sit bad at tall girls but i still have hope.
>>
This dress was released 100 different times. Who knows if it will be the same exact release when you get it unless you buy new. It will probably fit a taller person.
>>
maybe this is a dumb question but.. are people not wearing bodyline at all anymore? Looking at wardrobe posts there isnt any bodyline, it's all in the regret thread, and i never see it on cof or here. i got really into lolita in 2012-2014 and people always had it but agreed it wasnt best quality.. now it's treated like dirt from what ive seen.
>>
>>8806490
just because we're female doesn't mean we want shitty bitch-baby SJW feels all over our board.
>>
>>8806968
This.
>>
>>8806844
Care to elaborate a little, anon? Is it because they have a huge pull/influence on what's re-released and pushed to a MTO?
>>
>>8806968
like what the fuck even is an SJW feel? what the fuck are you talking about
This isn't as if someone is coming in defending their moongender demiboy friend, people are replying "gb2 tumblr sjw" to literally anything they disagree with.
>>
>>8806975
>any fucking thread about cosplay and somebody starts whining about cosplaying a character of not the same skin color.

>any fucking fatty who comes into a ita thread whining about how "fat =! ita" when all the fat people are ita regardless of their size

>all the "hurr you're not mentally ill you can't dress in this!" or "hurr it makes fun of/maginializes/what the fuck ever mentally ill people" bullshit in all the gurokawaii/menhara threads

and that's only a few examples
>>
>>8806962
Some people in my comm wear bodyline pieces (mainly blouses) and they are not ita in my opinion. Maybe the people making the wardrobe posts don't feel like their bodyline pieces are special enough to photograph?
>>
>>8806987
Sorry you're an edgelord...?

That's all I see that shit as now that I'm a fucking adult. I get that you come to 4chan to escape, but sorry, if you have an intolerable personality IRL, no one has to put up with it online. Let the neckbeards suck your clit on /a/ if you want that.

I don't even see half of your scenarios that often, and I come here pretty much every day just to check for release news and worn pics. And when I do it's idiots trolling each other. If you're so fucking into this website, you should be able to recognize this by now.
>>
>>8807022
>not liking sjw-bullshit = edgelord
>all these random-ass assumptions.

I'm sorry you're so assblasted by nobody liking your stupid fucking rhetoric and retarded opinions, which is obvious by how defensive you seem to be getting.

> I don't even see half of your scenarios that often, and I come here pretty much every day just to check for release news and worn pics.

Man, maybe it's because all you do is come to check for news and worn pictures? It's not like all this shit could possibly be spread out across the board, that's impossible.

I, personally, never see "omg i just have a normal opinion and somebody called me an sjw!!!!!!11 :(((((((" I see people saying stupid, naive shit or expressing an opinion that is related to tumblr's stupid trends or what not, and being told to fuck off back to tumblr.

tl;dr Go spend your time on reddit if you don't want people bitching at each other, it's not going to stop, ever.
>>
>>8807045
>related to tumblr's stupid trends
that could literally be anything though. The entirety of tumblr doesn't fit in a shoebox. I've seen people say they like really benign stuff and been told to "go back to tumblr".

Surely you've noticed it happening more lately, even though the content isn't all that different?
>>
>>8806474
>>8806975
I feel this. Every time someone complains about tumblr / sjw, especially when they throw in something about being edgy or special snowflakey - it's fucking annoying. And it is ten times more edgy / snowflakey to be purposefully offensive and hostile, and that's the hallmark of cgl, frankly. At least on Tumblr I can filter out anyone I don't like by unfollowing, but I still have to suffer through all the shit comments on here to find anything good because of the format. Every time I see someone make that complaint, I assume they are underage and trying to fit in on the board.
>>
>>8807045
Calm the fuck down, this is so embarrassing.
>>
>>8807045
You must be 18 etc. etc.

I want to be part of this discussion, but what happened to
>Sage, report, hidden

There used to be better solutions to this shit than screaming like an idiot.
>>
>>8807045
>>8807022
>>8806987
>>8806975
>>8806968
What even is this conversation? Stop shitting up lolita general.
>>
File: 1343254543.png (222KB, 420x468px) Image search: [Google]
1343254543.png
222KB, 420x468px
>>8807068
I can stop.

On topic, I've seen some people talking about bat collared blouses, and I just wanted to mention that alicexalice has one currently on sale, although I don't really know their quality.

http://www.alicexalice.com/#!all-products/c3nq
>>
>>8806968
>shitty bitch-baby SJW feels
Oh grow up you fucking snowflake
>>
>>8807071
Quality looks a little iffy but DAMN that's a cute collar and I love 3/4 length sleeves. I wish there were more blouses and cutsews like that
>>
>>8807063
Not that anon, but I've had to report or hide so many threads lately, and it sucks when so many threads are filled with stuff. I don't think there's any need to be an edge lord about it, but I would agree that the board seems to have changed a lot in the last few months, even. Standards have fallen or changed a lot (especially in draw threads and a few other ones), and opinions that would've been ignored or laughed at by the majority of cgl before now turn into huge fucking wars between a solid group of people(or at least a few really insistent people) that agree and "the old guard."
Saying something "is tumblr" might not be great as far as specificity, but most people get the idea.
4chan was the one non hug boxy "comm," and I think many anons are bothered because it seems to be disappearing.
I won't post again
>>
>>8807076
Yeah, the quality doesn't quite look 10/10, but I'd give it a try for $22. Their other stuff doesn't seem great for the price, but I like the design of that specific blouse.
>>
>>8807071
"Cute!"
>shipping adds almost 18 dollars to the blouse
"O-oh..."
>>
>>8807087
Oh, ouch. I didn't even check the shipping-- boo. Sorry, anon.
>>
File: 3432563212.png (226KB, 438x377px) Image search: [Google]
3432563212.png
226KB, 438x377px
>>8807087
>>8807076
This one at least looks the most promising.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-8718558744.16.VEhOvl&id=524971405545
>>
>>8806381
I like this artist, i wish i knew how to wrap prints like she does though.
>>
>>8806962
1. Bodyline jacked up prices, they are on oar with good taobao but quality doesn't keep up.
2. They don't restock regulary.
3. Second hand brand is cheaper and easier available than ever
>>
>>8807078
This, also people need to stop wasting image replies in image dump threads.
Sorry but the janitors aren't doing their job on this board and mod just delete anything that causes too much of a ruckus caused by petty trolls.
Someone has to do something and there's never a proper place to discuss this stuff and who better to clean up threads than the people posting themselves.

Think of it this way, you'd clean up after yourself right?
>>
>>8806731
The extra dough is pocketed by the gun-crazy nut job crook who runs the store
>>
new dream dress thread when?
>>
>>8807089
That's okay, it's adorable. I'm going to keep it in mind. If I had wanted other stuff from the shop I'd just get it and eat the shipping.
>>
>>8807095
This is really nice! If I wasn't edging away from more dramatic shit, this would be the one I got for sure.
>>
>>8807155
You could actually fucking make one yourself, you know. Or did you think that there's a special set of anons out there in charge of making threads?
>>
>>8807078
This. The board culture here really has been changing within the past few months. Even in a recent Taobao thread people were defending print replicas, for God's sake (not to say that there were never any replica-chans on here, but the amount of anons defending and asking for replicas was comparatively high). At this rate, I won't be surprised if things like
>uwu no fat-shaming pls desu
becomes normalized here by June
>>
>>8807206
whoa there anon
>>
>>8806519
I went there and bought a dress and some accessories. It was nice, they had a dressing room and the staff were friendly. I know people are gonna hate on me for shopping there but I really don't give a shit lol.
>>
>>8807235
Joining the conversation to agree with this, however I don't like that some people seem to think the antidote is to step up the edge almost to a level of parody. Radicals on either side are embarrassing.
>>
>>8807249
I would consider going to try things on. I really don't care if people want to support them, be it at their con or in their shop. I don't want to give them my money but I have nothing against people who do. It's one of only a few huge cons in the region. Before Ikki had Baby, it was the only Texas con with legit lolita guests. I understand the appeal. It's unrealistic and petty for so many people to expect everyone to boycott anything and everything associated with AM and to vocally ostracize anybody who does.
>>
>>8807255
>Radicals on either side are embarrassing.
this

when you propel yourself to the other side to act like an edgy bitch you just look like as much of a retarded baby as the other side.
>>
When's the next lolita convention or big meet? Does anyone know Misako's travel itinerary?

Fiance decided that he'd go to one big event with me and I'm excited.
>>
>>8807378
(East coast US, btw.)
>>
>>8807206
I think some people here are legit afraid to make threads sometimes with the amount accusations of self posting.
>start thread with an image
>doesn't matter if well known or not
>SELF POST
erry god damn time.
>>
>>8807387
If it's not true, then why do you care?
>>
>>8807395
it derails the whole thread and then the janitors nuke it
>>
>>8807396
That's still nothing to be scared of. Boo hoo a thread got deleted. Just keep posting content and the janitor probably won't even see the idiot who posted that.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 300x400px
>>8807387
I don't understand why people can't make those own thread either. What's the worse that can happen? It doesn't get responses and scrolls off the map? Is that really horrible?

But the image and being called self post thing isn't always true. The nitpick thread has a basic image and there was still a complaint about it not being relevant to the thread. There will always be someone who has to be a bitch about the thread image.
>>
>>8807400
do you know how this board works at all
>>
>>8807405
Eh. I dont understand the fear about making other threads,but as far as the lolita general goes, the last few which were made without the longbas list of every single lolita related thread at the beginning was bitched out for it. Which is fucking stupid. This wasnt the norm last month, and people act like its been that way for years.
>>
>>8807431
THIS.

>>8807405
>What's the worse that can happen? It doesn't get responses and scrolls off the map? Is that really horrible?
Yeah? I can't have a thread here cause people don't like it so instead of down voting it, they troll it to death. Sound familiar?
>>
>>8807438
then when there's a new thread some dumb fuck has to say "now none of the shit that killed the last thread" and it starts all over again
>>
>>8806893
Huh, interesting. Glad there's been so many rereleases recently.

Now if only they'd rerelease Wish Me Mell Tea Time... (I know it's a collab and thus never going to happen, but a gull can dream)
>>
>>8807456

This always is what happens. Then the thread usually goes the way planned.
>>
>>8807437
100% agreement with you. I don't think that long list of every single related thread is even vaguely necessary for the Gen thread, to be honest with you. If you want to find the other lolita threads, just go to the catalog.
>>
>>8807431
>>8807438
Your points? I still don't understand why you can't just make a thread. So far the only complaints have been that they will get mistaken for drama/spam threads. If you're so fucking worried put a note in the OP for the Janitor. It won't work every time, but it's something you can do instead of whining.

Thread making in /cgl/ is not serious business. Calm down.
>>
Does anyone here use Lacebook? I just got an account. I'm hoping it will be an active place. I miss LJ a lot.
>>
How do you gulls decide on a dream dress? Do you browse lolibrary and try to find dresses you love? Do you take them from posts on /cgl/ or CoF or other social media? Do you add them to your list as they're released?
I'm asking because I've been in the fashion for a few months and while I've seen dresses I love I never really think of any of them as dream dresses that I specifically watch out for or would pay anything for. I actually just like browsing second hand markets and finding dresses I didn't know existed that I fall in love with on the spot and can by right then and there, rather than torturing myself by thinking about dresses I don't know if I'll ever find. Does anyone else prefer this method?
>>
>>8807545
Really just looking at Lolibrary and pictures of other Lolita's coords. You'll know when you see it!
>>
>>8807545
A dream dress is usually something you want over anything else and you feel that once you have that item your closet is complete. Some people find it though others sales posts and can't afford it, its release, street snaps, conventions, meet ups, multiple ways. They saw it and it was instant love. People with multiple dream dresses bug me. It's called dream dress because it trumps them all. Not all these are my dream dress.
>>
I thought there was a difference between dream dresses (since you can have multiple dreams) and your holy grail dress (only one to find)
>>
>>8807530
Someone just asked for a thread to be made because they probably suck at being an inviting OP and got bitched at. You're the one that needs to calm down.
>>
>>8807545
It'll depend on my interests and what I like seeing on a print. For example, some of my favorite prints include those with musical motifs and (just recently) religious motifs as well. Along with that, I'm more likely to add something to my wishlist if I see someone wear it either in person or in a video. Usually, it'll be stuff I wouldn't give a second thought towards beforehand. I'm actually picky on adding stuff to my wishlist in general. There's only been an occasion or two that I recall where I've fallen in love with a dress from the moment I see it first. Sometimes, I won't update my wishlist for months.
/polite sage for rambling
>>
>>8807573
These phrases are not definitive things and are just what people say when they really want or really really want a dress. People change up the terms to stress how bad they want the dress but there's no rules for them.
>>
>>8807545
I start masturbating to it.
>>
>>8807573
The phrase varies from person to person. Many think dream dress is a holy grail dress and the other dresses are dresses they really really like and want to own.
>>
>>8806973
Basically what happened in China is
>Market created new Middle Class
>People became big money in the matter of what seems like days t.b.h.
>Especially bumpkin girls' parents became new money millionaries
>Cause of all this new money and growth, young girls want to show it off
>Lolita is expensive and shows how much money you have in some sense
>Chinese lolitas just started to buy releases and dresses in masses
>Brands picked this up
>Chinese lolitas became cash cows which brands are milking for money

Since the Chinese are literally a major part of how brands get money, they get exclusive dresses and releases at tea parties. The most recent tea party for Btssb in China re-released Tea Time Nostalgia just for the tea party goers (Not sure in what colorways or cuts though).

Recently their market is going down so fast just like how it went up so fast so a lot of lolitas outside in different forums that are similar to this board are wishing for the crash so the new money girls can sell their dresses for cheap.
>>
>>8807627
Forgot to say I am not the previous anon you replied to >>8806973 but I got this info from lolitas who live in China and know what the hell is going on.
>>
>>8807627
The renminbi was around 12.3 in 2012 when Abenomics began. It peaked around 20 in June and has fallen since with the renminbi being devalued along the strength of the US Dollar. Currently it's at 18. I'm hoping the exchange rate goes down between the CNYJPY. I have some huge short positions on the renminbi atm.

This of course does not bode well for the Chinese economic and I wish them no ill, but things are going to come to a screeching halt soon if the US Dollar keep getting stronger and the Yen becomes a flight to safety.

If the Chinese economy crashes, lolita fashion brands are going to have its first real cash crunch and they may have to issue IPOs. 2008 was a drop in the bucket, 2016 will be bigger.
>>
>>8807456
Sometimes that seems to work, though. I've seen it keep some threads on topic, at least long enough to get a good image dump or discussion going.
>>
File: 471261-165-2015-09-22499548.jpg (134KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
471261-165-2015-09-22499548.jpg
134KB, 480x640px
I'm getting my first dress after a lot of research. But is Misty Night Royal Game considered a chocolate print?
>>
>>8807718
It's not a chocolate print, but it has the colors that resemble the color of chocolate. I take it you're buying it on LM? I saw a similar dress earlier today on there.
>>
>>8807718
>Misty Night Royal Game
all the colorways seem to have the chocolate chess pieces, so yeah?
>>
>>8807654
Very informative. I certainly hope we don't see a huge drop in brand revenue. Would they really go public? That's an interesting thought. Can't even imagine buying shares of AP or Baby.
>>
>>8807732
I kind of want to own some loli shares.
>>
>>8807654
What happens when the burando market goes downhill?
I just saw a discussion on here about how lolita is doing really well right now and just getting started, and that brands are releasing more than ever? Just because of the Chinese, or can we take the Chinese lolita's place in the market? (And by that I mean most western lolitas)
>>
>>8807723
Yeah though I'm leaning towards the black one. I don't have a lot of pieces just a few blouses and accessories in black and red.
>>
>>8807743
I don't think so. The sheer number of Chinese lolitas and the amount they each spend isn't really matched by any other western community even all combined.
>>
>>8807545

Count yourself lucky.

A dream dress is something you lust after so badly, you'd happily fork over ten times retail, hand over a kidney, etc, just to be able to hold it in your hands and say "mine! mine! at last it's mine!".

It's the kind of dress that you compare every other dress to. Sure, there's a beauty up on the secondhand market now, but somehow, somehow it's lacking. It's cute, but not as cute as your dream dress. The lace is pretty, but your dream dress has gorgeous lace. The design is interesting but your dream dress is even better. So you buy this convenient beauty anyway, but somewhere at the back of your mind you're thinking, "this isn't it. This isn't the dress I really wanted".

How do you find them? You don't. Who wants to actively seek to remove joy from cheap, attainable non dream dresses, send themselves on a years-long journey to find some dress, and after finding it, part with lots of money just to own it? The dream dresses creep into you. One day you wake up and find you've reblogged one dress twenty times, thinking, "man, that is a really gorgeous dress, it looks so beautiful on everyone. I bet I'd look great in it too". Or you open up social media and see someone wearing that dress and suddenly you feel your wardrobe is really lacking, in particular it's lacking this dress. Or you're browsing auctions or lolibrary and there's this really gorgeous print you simply cannot get out of your head. It lives in your head now, every other dress auction you open up is just a convenient beauty compared to your dream dress.

If you haven't been haunted by a dream dress in such a manner, count yourself lucky. Hold your head high and say "I'm lucky I already own all the dresses I want". Don't go inflicting pain on yourself trying to find a "dream dress" just to chase. Feel pity for the rest of us stuck pining after a dress to which every other dress just doesn't match up to.
>>
>>8806519
i went there and bought some socks and accessories. Honestly they might get lucky packs and stuff in, and if they do i have no qualms buying from them if they get stock like that in, especially since unlike AP USA they wont upcharge $100 haha
>>
File: 1448540434632.png (345KB, 666x577px) Image search: [Google]
1448540434632.png
345KB, 666x577px
>>8807613
Underrated post.
>>
File: tumblr_o0nqwpL5uY1tq6i6ao1_500.jpg (129KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0nqwpL5uY1tq6i6ao1_500.jpg
129KB, 422x750px
>>8806926
I own it, it's ok. Kinda hits the same place as any other dress. It would look really stupid with an underskirt though.
>>
>>8806556
My Meta pack arrived last week
>>
>>8807255
>>8807327
yep, this

all of this
>>
>>8807378
if you are east coast and want to wait until the fall, RuffleCon was very fun.

if you want major brand or model involvement, you might have to go to California or Europe. but for a dedicated altfash con that is primarily lolita and has events run by people in the community rather than famous/efamous types, RuffleCon is great.
>>
>>8807812
Have you posted about your score yet?
>>
>>8807539
is it still based on invites?
>>
File: 3246432312.jpg (86KB, 678x454px) Image search: [Google]
3246432312.jpg
86KB, 678x454px
>>8806571
>mfw only recently joined HLC
Oh well. Maybe I'll have a cohesive comm one day.
>>
>>8806490
Fuck off.

This board is already way too soft for 4chan.
>>
>>8807779
literal brandwhore
>>
>>8807850
Well there's also an influx of newbies you can get along with. I'm mostly speaking about the veteran or regulars crowd who are shifting into cliques. However girls are still really friendly in the comm, you'll likely find a few you mesh well with. There's a huge amount of people in the comm so you can't be friends with everyone, you'll find your own group of friends in it, dw!
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-10-23-26-27-1.png (1000KB, 1080x1593px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-10-23-26-27-1.png
1000KB, 1080x1593px
>>8807071
I just got a bat collar blouse from DollyxDelly and I'm really happy with the quality.
I can do a short review if anyone is interested?
>>
>>8807849
Yeah, it is. Im still not sure about the invite system, but I guess it's not too bad.
>>
LM isn't sending email notifications again, and so my messages to various sellers sit unread.
I really wish some alternate form of contact was listed on your LM account.
>>
>>8807874
Yes please!
>>
>>8807627
Plus they're driving up secondhand prices to be so ridiculous. Chinese lolitas are feeding the scalpers and fucking up the market. Brands are catering to whatever chinese lolitas want. To put it concisely, new money always fucks shit up with their impulsivity and non-discretion.
>>
>>8807853
There ya go again, being as harsh as possible cause you gotta keep up dat edginess.

This board isn't that soft actually. People get ripped apart in lolita and cosplay threads. You just like this whole "we have to be opposite the hugbox!!" mentality.

Find some middle ground.
>>
File: 1447289158923.jpg (69KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447289158923.jpg
69KB, 400x400px
>>8807900
Alright girls, you're both pretty
>>
>>8807155
I'm done with posting my dream dress, I've seen at least one person posting it as their dream dress after I did, and I'd never seen it before anywhere but lolibrary.
>>
>>8807884
Actually, no it's not. The site looks really nice and clean!

>>8807843
I'm in Europe and I wonder if any lolita events have been announced for this year yet? I know about Under the Sea but sadly can't make it there.
>>
File: image.jpg (211KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211KB, 750x1334px
Could anyone translate this for me? Twitter translator isn't that great but it seems to mention something about Chinese people.
>>
>>8807931
>topkek
>>
>>8807957
Different anon from before but I just went on their FB page and lacebook says you need an invite to join.

I like the invitation system but then I feel it will make it too exclusive to just a circle of friends.
>>
>>8808015
I just went back and it seems they have changed it. Weird. Sorry about the confusion!
>>
>>8807539

Looks like they didn't even bother migrating the old accounts across. Good luck getting people to give enough shits to scramble for invites this time.
>>
>>8806381
Ugh, I don't know whether to get the ivory skirt or JSK of British Bear. I wanted this print a lot when I missed the release but now I might not get it just because I can't decide...
>>
I've got a question. I have a dress that had a little damage (a popped seam) and got it fixed by a seamstress. I want to sell it, shoud I mention the damage even though it's fixed?
>>
>>8808082
Yes. Always mention all the damage, even if it's been fixed.
Same principle goes for replacing buttons on blouses
>>
File: $_1.jpg (5KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
5KB, 400x266px
Anyone know how long this necklace is?
>>
>>8808060
JSKs always have a higher resale value than skirts, and personally I think the cut of the British Bear JSK is super cute so that's my advice to you, anon.
>>
File: 1405640991500.gif (116KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
1405640991500.gif
116KB, 277x400px
>>8807843
Rufflecon! I was trying to remember the name, thank you! I can't wait.
>>
>>8807960
AP rules are basically 1 main item per person. Someone/groups are buying individually but all using the same credit card - pretty much a tip off that they're scalpers. So if AP sees that they're warning they will cancel the orders
>>
>>8807387
It's a fucking dream dress thread, how can you self post in that? There have been so many morons and super easily offended people here lately "omg, how dare you call me lazy", "omg, how dare you use a reaction image that has been used for years with no dramatic complaints"

Get out.
>>
>>8807575
>Someone just asked for a thread to be made because they probably suck at being an inviting OP

You're a moron, general threads don't need to be "inviting". Just state the thread name/purpose and post a picture. So hard.
>>
>>8808152
>not selfposting in dream dress threads
anon dont u love urself? b ur own dream dress anon
I am
>>
>>8807063
Idk how to even use sage sorry
>>
>>8808207
google it newfag
>>
>>8807718
I own the print & I don't consider it as a chocolate print. The chess pieces look more like wooden chess pieces instead of chocolate ones irl.
>>
>>8807888
Can you drop your email in the item description if you're a seller?
>>
>>8807957
Wrong, you do need an invite. If you don't have one, they want your full name, links to your social media, and it has to follow certain rules (ie not be a creep). I'm pretty sure I'll never get in as I refuse to give my full name. They have yet to reply to my response.
>>
File: tumblr_o0ltzjGQlC1v48d3co2_1280.jpg (267KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0ltzjGQlC1v48d3co2_1280.jpg
267KB, 1280x960px
Goddamnit, I need to do a price check on a dress I can't find sold on LM and the price check topic is archived.

I just want to know if I should bother selling the dress or not.
>>
>>8808382
Make another thread, then? It's as simple as that.

>>8808276
Why do you not want to give your full name? I'm pretty sure it's not going to be posted anywhere. Do you just not trust the mods of LB or?
>>
>>8807957
There are already some Tea Parties: Putumayo Tea Party in Germany in April, Lolita Tea Party in Helsinki (Guests not announced yet), Btssb Tea Party in Paris in February
>>
>>8808214
And this is why nobody knows how this board works
>>
>>8808456
Newfags should lurk and learn about the site and their board's culture before posting. Also, if you can't or won't google things on your own, I really don't want to help you.
>>
>>8808461
I agree with you but I fucking hate when I'm told to Google things on any site. First off, I already googled. Second, Google doesn't have everything believe it or not. Fuck, some people use bots to hide their stuff from being searched on Google.

Sorry but Google is not always the answer.
>>
Haven't been here in a while and couldn't find a comm thread.

I'm moving soon and I just got really used to the central florida lolita society. Are there any societies based in NY (state), Pennsylvania, Or Conneticut that you say are pleasant ( I don't mind a little saltiness but relatively drama free) and active? I'm going to be in southern NY closer to Pennsylvania but I don't mind traveling a bit in either direction.
>>
>>8806474
Back to Tumblr then.
>>
>>8808466
Then say, "I tried looking, but couldn't find an answer?"
How you ask is half the question.
Also, if that anon had so much as read the faq or googled "4chan sage," they could have found their answer. Like 90%+ of the questions that get "google it" as a response here are totally google-able questions.
>>
>>8808467
The comm thread is even linked in OP's post, anon... >>8799979
>>
Ngl, I googled and checked the FAQ on how to link the old thread when starting a new one. Don't know how still.
>>
>>8808150
Ah I see that makes sense. Nice to see AP finally cracking down on people.
>>
>>8808490
You just link like you would a response, anon. I.e. post >>8806381 to link to this thread or >>8801666 to link to one of the most helpful threads on the board.
It's also good form to make a post in the old thread linking to the new one after you make a new thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 670x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 670x400px
What happened to JetJ pointe shoes on their page? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
>>
>>8808478
Whoops, I'm dumb.
>>
>>8808276
>>8808385
not op, but i also wouldn't link any of those things because i keep lolita separate from my external life. i don't keep social media aside from an ambiguous instagram, so i probably wouldn't pass. if they wanted to verify i'm legitimate, they could just interview me extensively on lolita subjects to see what's my actual powerlevel- other communities do this and it works well. time consuming, but it's probably the best way to catch creepers.
>>
>>8808456
how do you think the rest of us learned? people who can't figure out basic things should find a different place to be.
>>
>>8808476
this.
>>
>>8808385
>>8808537
This. It's not a sales site, why would they need my full name. Online privacy is bad enough, I'd rather not hand it to people willingly.
>>
>>8808385
>Why do you not want to give your full name?
not that anon, but given the lolita world's propensity for drama, as someone with a lot to lose if certain stalkers found my online accounts, there is no way i feel safe enough to divulge personally identifiable details like my full name. i don't know or trust the admins, and have no idea if they would store that info anywhere, share it, google me, etc... it is an invasion of privacy and a security issue.
>>
>>8807957
There is Hellocon in Helsinki in June, they will have Btssb as a guest of honor. Ticket info was just posted today.

I suppose tea party club in London will have an event in autumn again?

I don't know of any other large events that those 3 (tea party club, street fashion Europe and hellocon).
>>
File: 1414027159189.jpg (16KB, 299x200px) Image search: [Google]
1414027159189.jpg
16KB, 299x200px
My Lady Sloth Ball at Miranda Castle just arrived, and I'm kind of disappointed in it. The dress it'self and the print is really nice, but the shade of grey is a bit lighter than in the pictures. Not by much but enough to bother me so I'm considering selling it even though it's still up for pre-order, but cheaper of course.

Could have been worse though.
>>
>>8807957
Speaking of international meets, is anyone from the United States planning to go to the 3F event in Hong Kong in April?
>>
>>8808652
Can you post pictures? I was considering it in that colorway, but now I'm not so sure.
>>
>>8806514
Thank you for bumping that question anon. I was the poster of it and because I can't find an answer, I've just been stalking all possible places it could appear including second hand sites and there's nothing. I'm incredibly desperate for Sweet Cream and this cut is so cute.
>>
>>8807071
I've got some stuff from them and the quality is not something I'd wear in Lolita. I gave away my pieces to goodwill instead of selling them because they weren't really worth the price.
>>
>>8808513
That means that they are sold out, anon. After the reservation period for an item is over, it disappears for a week or two and then they bring the listing up again as out of stock. It has been like this for years already.
>>
>>8807545
I personally though my dream dress was lame as fuck when it was released, and then for a long while I didn't think much of it. Then I saw an unboxing and i felt it was just so cute I even had like mirages of it for months.

I've had actual dreams about other dresses but those are not something I really want.
>>
>>8808767
I see, thank you. I never follow their releases closely so I'd never noticed. That's a shame really, last time I checked almost every color and size were still in available.
>>
>>8808719
Of course!
It's pretty dark in my apartment right now, but I'll post a picture first thing in the morning.
>>
>>8808473
>you can't possibly browse more than one website at a time
>>
>>8808797
Reread the post - "reservation period"
>>
File: 20160111_184104.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160111_184104.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Can anybody identify this dress? I got it out of an Innocent World luckypack and yikes.
>>
>>8808971
Rozen Maiden Suigintou OP
>>
>>8808975
Thanks
>>
>>8808971
>>8808975
I'm such a sucker for Rozen Maiden-related items, but damn their dresses doesn't translate very well into real life.
But I'm not going to lie, if I'd ever get one of those in a lucky pack like you I'd hold onto it and never let go.
>>
>>8808971
>tfw secretly want the whole series
anon.. if you decide to sell it... hi.
>>
>>8808989
T b h I love one of those sets but it hasn't shown up yet. I'm not saying which one since I want it for myself, but I'm really surprised I keep seeing the other ones for sale with nobody buying them
>>
>>8808991
Check the bst thread, there is a suiseiseke set and a sugintou set that appear to still be for sale
>>
>>8808993
not trying to compete, but i haven't seen most of the sets floating anywhere. am i totally blind or are they being posted somewhere other than LM?

>forever looking for shinku, hinaichigo, and kanaria
>>
>>8808991
It's a medium, is that alright by you?
>>
>>8809000
Oh... Haven't seen those ones recently but there are two sets currently on LM for sale. Type Rozen Maiden into the search bar. There's a Kankaria that expired without a buyer, I would message them if that were the one I wanted lol
>>
>>8809000
Anon, I'm selling a Kanaria set on lacemarket right now. Feel free to look it up or shoot me an e-mail.
>>
>>8809003
Was that a pun?
>sorry not sorry
>>
>>8809016
Nope! Sorry to disappoint.
>>
>>8808971
I'm interested in it too anon. The BST one is large and that won't fit me.
>>
>>8809052
>>8808991

If you want to offer let me know. I kind of want to see how much the large one is going to sell for because I don't know how much I should ask.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
Okay so my boyfriend tried to get me a set from my-lolita-dress back in August. He got a tailored version so of course it's gonna take some time but he's very annoyed with how long it's taking and sent them a bitchy email after having sent them a few innocent ones asking if there was any estimate on time and they had no real answer.
I have been told this is a taobao front but it's hard to explain this to him. He's a cosplayers and he's gotten stuff comissioned before and of course even tho he was dealing with someone in another country, they gave him a time estimate so he had no issue waiting.

I'm fully aware that getting tailored stuff takes 6 months sometimes but 6 months is longer than the amount of time paypal gives you to file a claim.

He's on day 159 now and is gonna file a claim soon - on day 179 according to the email.

Have you guys ever bought from this site? I haven't and wouldn't but my bf isn't going to buy stuff off taobao for me and the dress set was supposed to be a Christmas present but that's long gone now.

This is the set I was trying to get. I really want it but my bf is touchy about money right now so he'll just file a claim, whatever. But can I even still get this dress from taobao?
What are the chances someone will sell a set in my size? I've lost a lot of weight so I could fit into an L.
I'm really bummed and now my bf is mad at some dumb taobao store front person who doesn't into customer service apparently.
>>
>>8809236

https://yolandadress.taobao.com/ is the taobao shop that makes that set, and the answer is no, not until next Fall/Winter.

I've never had any problems with my-lolita-dress before and I can usually get pre-orders on sold out items so I'm not sure why you're having a problem. Have you talked to them on gchat or email about your problem?
>>
>>8809236
I bought a dress from them that while not tailored was in it's reservation phase when I purchased it so I did have to wait for it to be made. I had no problems with my-lolita-dress, they were happy to answer all of my questions and were very prompt with their responses. My dress arrived in due time and I'm definitely buying from them again
>>
>>8809251
>>8809246
Do you guys think there is a problem because it's a guy ordering it? He sent the emails, not me.

I guess I could email them but I'm not the one who purchased it. This Linda person in the email gives very short answers, she does speak fluent English right?
>>
>>8809256
I don't see how and why that would make a difference, do you know exactly what your boyfriend said in his emails?

I found Lindas english to be reasonable/good her answers were short and to the point and I had no problem with that. It's important to remember my-lolita-dress is a Taobao reseller and Linda is a go between, the information your boyfriend wants may be with Yolanda.
>>
>>8809236
It's still available on their taobao store as an in stock item. Not a preorder. Which means the pre-order finished and they now have the items on hand. On the MLD page it says they were expected in late December, which fits with the items being in stock on Taobao now. It also says custom items may take longer. MLD must have had some special deal with them for custom sizing as they don't usually offer it...

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-1811163368.65.yXmMHT&id=7603209789

Also top kek at them originally wanting $215 for another Yolanda dress that could have been pre-ordered for $133 total. I always feel bad for the people that pay these fucked up high prices and then still defend this store. It's asinine.
>>
>>8809236
Oh damn... I'm not a fan of mld, I got an item there that took a month and a half that was supposedly in stock on their end. It wouldn't be so bad if they would send emails but it just showed up unannounced one day finally
>>
File: _20160111_221111.jpg (212KB, 1440x1417px) Image search: [Google]
_20160111_221111.jpg
212KB, 1440x1417px
Who the fuck is posting these in /trash/ lmao these are actually terrific. Reminds me of a couple girls in my comm
>>
>>8809274
>>8809265

Yeah, I'm familiar enough with the site and didn't really want to use it, but like I said, my bf isn't going to sit down and learn how to use a SS for a dress. Not only that but I don't think he'd trust them like I do. (TBR has been fairly decent to me)
I really regret not buying the dress myself from Yolanda but it was supposed to be a gift from him to me. He bought it on my birthday thinking it'd get here by Christmas because they said either October or December and it's still not here.

and thank you for the link, I looked it up on my phone but it wouldn't translate but now I'm on a desktop. I've bought from taobao a few times now but I can never tell when something is really in stock? A lot of times sites like TBR and TBT will let me enter the item in and then I'll get a message later on saying it was out of stock actually. They're just slow at ordering then? Because a lot of the stuff I buy looks like it's in stock and then is magically gone.

What's it like to buy directly from Taobao? It's better to do this if you're just buying one thing right?

>>8809264
Yeah, he forwarded them to me.
Copy paste from emails:
>Hello,
>I was hoping to get an update on the status of my order? (he gave them the order number as well)
>Thanks!

Their reply
>Hi, sorry it's still in tailor. Custom tailor often needs a little bit longer.
>Is there a deadline?

His reply
>Any shot this will be finished before Christmas?

MLD
>Hi, tailors are working hard on this, we will try our best, I would say the chance is half half.

Then today he sent them the "i'm gonna get paypal involved!!" email but he didn't word it like that.

I was curious about the guy ordering thing because I've read in the past that some places refuse to sell lolita dresses to men sometimes but I don't remember what the conversation actually said.

I can email Yolanda and MLD myself I suppose.
>>
>>8808537
LB isn't exactly hurting for members lmao. It's not going to be a loss on their part if your whiny ass doesn't join.
>>
>>8809314
You can tell how many of an item is in stock by selecting all the parameters you want on taobao. So like color + size combination. Some of the options on that specific dress only had 1 left in stock. So if an SS takes several days to actually put in an order that may be why it comes back as OOS.

You can't really buy directly yourself. You need a forwarding service. There is a built in one, although I've never used it. I don't speak Chinese so I prefer to pay the slightly higher fee of my SS to make sure I get exactly the right item.

A lot of times if you're buying from taobao either by forwarding or shopping service it may not be worth the price to just buy one item since shipping from China is often around $30. I like to go big or go home with orders to make it really worth it.

I think that's why some people just say fuck it and order from places like MLD because they don't have to deal with a shopping service and on a lot of items it's only like $5-$10 more than using an SS. However, MLD has this nasty little habit, as I mentioned above, of horrendously marking up prices. I'd rather go through the "hassle" of an SS than pay 1.5x++ what an item is worth. Holy shit.
>>
>>8809314
I have never heard of not selling lolita to men before.

if you have the order number you can try contacting Linda and explaining the situation but from her responses I would say the fault is with Yolanda and them speaking english is not something I'd put money on. I feel he's jumping the gun a bit getting paypal involved at this point but I've always been on the patient/non confrontational side.
>>
>>8809333
>I like to go big or go home with orders to make it really worth it.
I always do this with my taobao orders, but that's cause I learned from you guys haha.

>You can't really buy directly yourself. You need a forwarding service. There is a built in one, although I've never used it.
OHHH. So that's what people were talking about.

Well. I learned my lesson. That means my bf can't buy me lolita which is a bummer, though. He wants to but I doubt he'd want to deal with an SS. I don't care about doing it as much.

>>8809339
>I have never heard of not selling lolita to men before.
It might have been something in Japan, and not China. I don't remember.

>I feel he's jumping the gun a bit getting paypal involved at this point
I'm pretty non confrontational and rarely ever do I send emails to sellers unless it's just to ask about size or something. He's only doing this because he's tight on money at the moment and the paypal time limit for filing a claim is running out and I think he'd rather have his $180ish I think? As opposed to holding out hope for something to show up like I would because it's for me. But I can't not be bummed about this cause it's a dream dress. So he's a bit upset.
>>
Can someone who knows how USPS works help me out a bit? I'm away from home for a bit, so I called USPS and asked them to hold all my mail at the local post office, All was well until today, when two different packages' tracking info updated to "Unclaimed/Max Hold Time Expired" and then "Arrived at USPS Facility". These packages arrived at the post office on different days, but the tracking info updated at the exact same time. Should I be worried, or is this an automated update that I can ignore?
>>
>>8809265
>MLD must have had some special deal with them for custom sizing as they don't usually offer it...
Sorry for replying again but.... does this mean MLD is buying from China, and then getting it tailored elsewhere?
>>
>>8806875
>Baked Sweets Parade
You mean baked sweet potato
>>
>>8809399
Its probably just the packages getting sent to the holds area. I would call and make sure though because you can never tell with USPS.
>>
>>8807438
>Admitting fear
First mistake
>>
>>8809424
are you fucking retarded
>>
>>8809314
As bad as this sounds, only thing is to be patient. My boyfriend ordered a blouse from the Christmas before and it was custom sized too so I didn't get it until way after Christmas.

They said the same thing to him repeatedly.

It came eventually.
>>
>>8809610
Why are you being hostile?

>>8809612
Ah, well that's good to hear. From the looks of it I'm not gonna get anything because he's too iffy on holding out longer than paypal will allow. I've tried to explain this to him but he's too worried about losing money on clothes. They don't mean that much to him.
>>
>>8809380
>>8809339
>>8809314
>not selling lolita to men

this sort of thing tends to only happen on japanese auction sites with japanese lolitas selling their secondhand brand, doesn't really happen when buying lolita new or from taobao SS - don't think people like linda from MLD give a shit as long as they get their cash.
>>
>>8809236
I bought the exact same set a couple of years ago, and it even took ages to be shipped when not custom made. This series is just insanely popular and I guess that handling hundreds of orders just takes its time.
>>
File: tumblr_o0u7cc1IRk1qlf1q2o1_1280.jpg (599KB, 1280x1919px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0u7cc1IRk1qlf1q2o1_1280.jpg
599KB, 1280x1919px
>>8808719
>>8808839
Miranda Castle anon here, here are the pictures I promised. Sorry the dress is wrinkly, didn't have time to iron it - I just threw it on my mannequin to see how it looked and take pictures. I'll take care of that later.
Again, the dress IS well made. The print is really crisp and detailed, I was a bit worried that the silhouettes and skeletons would be distracting but the castle is so detailed that you don't really think about them that much. The decorative waist band is fastened with a safety pin, as seen in the corner.
Now when I look again in different lightning than yesterday I realize that the colour is pretty damn close to how it looks in the online store, there is still something that puts me a little bit off but I can't put my finger on what.
>>
>>8809755
Oh boy, the picture ended up bigger and uglier than I expected. I'm so sorry!
>>
>tfw you want to sell something cheap to get rid of it quick
>tfw a bunch of noobies start messaging you asking you the dumbest questions

This wasn't worth the loss I'm going to make..
>>
>>8809764
Just tell them you made a typo and put the price up, apologise for the mistake and that you understand if they no longer have an interest.
Nobody has put any money down, you haven't agreed to anybody, why not.
>>
>>8809424
I meant that they may have made some deal with Yolanda to have it custom sized.
>>
>>8809619
I filed a dispute with paypal after MLD fucked me over for a good few months. They offered me a refund or store credit, but I ended up taking the refund.

But I asked if my order would be there before x date (eight weeks after order), it didn't come, I asked how long again, and in the end it was about 3 months? and they sent half my order and sort of opened up a new payment? But I cancelled it because I didn't want to be waiting and they were pissing me off.

However, every item I got was lovely and in great condition -- which isn't a credit to mld, but to the taobao stores. Of course, Linda was great with communication and was happy to refund when I asked.
>>
>>8809764
sell it on cgl
>>
>>8807539
I got it a while ago, and it honestly just reminded me of how crazy strict egl was. People can't post photos that aren't full, clear coord shots unless they're part of a review or tutorial. People have been warned that their photo quality (which was just a bit grainy) shouldn't be so bad. There can't be any posts similar to each other or the newer incarnations of the topic will be deleted without warning. Mods are quite rude and blunt about all this, too, it's like they don't want to run it. It's entirely like egl but without the user interface that makes sense for the rules to be so rigid.
Every single thing you post is regarded as a community contribution, so if you have nothing to contribute, you can't really post because there's no personal journal type thing, so we're still going elsewhere for anything more than what's permitted.
It's a nice layout and a great concept, but the invite system is still flawed too. You can't actually invite someone yourself, you have to message an admin, which is really odd because it's like they want to keep it small, which sounds awful because it's at maybe a few hundred members, perhaps 10 of those post, and not very often.

Tl;dr: Lacebook isn't the super fun site it was hyped up to be.
>>
>>8809784

Basically the same as the original version of Lacebook, then. I remember there was an option to create groups on the original one, and mods would just delete all the groups people had created just to recreate them under their control. Anal as fuck.
>>
>>8809785
I wasn't on the original one, but that sounds batshit. It really seem sound like the egl mods just miss having power, which I'd tried to not to think for a long time.
>>
Why do bust/waist measurements seem to be like... 90b/70w?? My lowest point is 70, but it's just above my hips. My 'waist' is about 85 still. I know drop skirts are 'flattering' -- except I'm 5'3" so I look like a fucking munchkin.

>custom sizing 5eva
OTL
>>
>>8809821
Are you measuring correctly/at your actual waist? Your waist shouldn't be bigger than right above your hips unless you carry a lot of fat in your torso/have a really weird body shape.
>>
>>8808015
All you do is request am invite to am email address and they send it a day later. Idkv what everybody is bitching about, it's the same system pinterest use s to sign up.
>>
>>8809764
Haha are you the girl who was selling a striped AP dress? I've noticed that when I try to sell old stuff for really cheap, no one wants it. I bet if I marked it up, it would sell
>>
>>8809901
>>8808276
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452513042463.jpg (30KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452513042463.jpg
30KB, 500x344px
Posted this in the rant thread as well but I really need some advice here.

>Sold a dress to this girl on Lacemarket a while back.
>She messages me to say she hasn't received it.
>It was already signed for when I checked the tracking.

>I notice that she has one negative feedback recently for not paying a seller.

How screwed am I if she logs a paypal claim? My terms do say that I'm not responsible for any lost parcels though.

I tried to call her local post office but I don't speak the language there.
>>
>>8809766
Welp, I did increase the price and almost instantaneously I got a 'sorry cant afford anymore' reply, lol. But this same girl was also demanding me to sell a matching blouse and purse. Well, bitch, sorry, I don't have any.

>>8809775
I tried, but no one bit. Now that I've posted it elsewhere swarms of noobies are hassling me about it.

>>8809905
Not me, but yeah, makes you wonder..
>>
>>8809911
>My terms do say that I'm not responsible for any lost parcels though.

Your terms mean shit if she contacts paypal. If you have tracking that proofs that she received it you might be fine. But paypal often sides with the buyer.
>>
>>8809911
if your tracking shows it arrived to her and was signed by her, then you should be ok. I hope you also took pictures of your packed item prior to shipping, and that tracking shows it arrived within her city at the very least. can you see what the signature says? if the tracking is extremely vague, you run a high risk of paypal siding with the buyer.

i hope it works out anon
>>
>>8808038
Yeah, I was on the old one but cba with that again this time. It was dead last time so I'm not sure what's going to be different this time around.
>>
>>8809941
Why can't we just have a regular fb style thing with less regulation? Honestly wish the mods would've be so controlling; it would do a lot better.
>>
File: 1434972179429.jpg (87KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1434972179429.jpg
87KB, 500x600px
>>8807843
>tfw I want to go to Rufflecon but currently don't own any lolita since I sold it all
I'd hate to be the person showing up in Taobao brand but at the same time, everyone sounded like they had so much fun last year.
>>
>>8809399 here
They're sending my mail back; one package is getting sent back to Btssb. I'm planning on emailing them and explaining the situation, but which email should I send it to? Also will they ban me for this?
>>
File: image.jpg (312KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312KB, 1365x2048px
Does anyone know where the dress / shoes in this picture are from? I really love these style shoes, but not sure where to find them.
>>
>>8810016
Dress is Juliette et Justine, "Petite Robe de être et le Néant Vanitas". Seconding request for info on the shoes, I'm dying to find a pair of multi-strap boots like that.
>>
>>8810016
>>8810018
These are Fluevogs I think?
>>
File: CQd2eL_WsAA6Jsy.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CQd2eL_WsAA6Jsy.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>8809956
it is not a lolita-specific con, any kind of altfash is theoretically welcome. lolita has the biggest presence by far but the range is such that you would be fine.

pic related are the Kimura U models in what reminds me of general kawaii taobao.
>>
>>8810026
Oh! I had no idea it wasn't strictly lolita. I do have a general jfashion wardrobe and I do shironuri as well so this makes me feel a lot better. Thank you, anon! Time to start budgeting.
>>
>>8810032
>shironuri

there was a shironuri panel last year that i really wanted to go to but missed. good luck anon!
>>
>>8810038
Thanks. I'm a little baffled by their registration but I guess it'll be more clear when it opens?

>To attend RuffleCon, you must register for an annual membership. Membership is free, and you can add-on to your membership once you sign up to get more benefits.
>>
>>8810075
i am not sure what that means either. hopefully they will explain soon, the 2016 dates were just announced a day or two ago.

i signed up for their newsletter and now all i can do is wait
>>
There seriously needs to be a guide for noobies on how to make offers on dresses. Really. It's so fucking rude to low ball and then they get all defensive and say well, that's the price I just wanted! Tell me what you want instead!
>>
File: IW Happy Pack 2016.jpg (526KB, 1325x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IW Happy Pack 2016.jpg
526KB, 1325x1500px
>>8806556
>>8809583
>>8809586

I just received my IW happy pack yesterday, and I'm pretty happy with it.
>>
>>8810078
Same. I signed up and I'm already looking at the hotel rate and a cheaper hotel around the corner that seems to be $75 a night. It depends entirely on whether I'm traveling by myself or I can coax a friend to go with me to split costs. I usually hit up AWA every year so that's my biggest issue.
>>
>>8810084
Oops. Forgot to mention that I got Happy Pack C... And apparently I forgot I'm supposed to quote in the mail thread, not vice versa.
>>
>>8810084
What price pack was this, anon? Looks like a pretty nice haul!
>>
>>8810084
>Bertille Rose
Damn it, anon, I'm jealous.
>>
File: rococo-taco.jpg (26KB, 710x533px) Image search: [Google]
rococo-taco.jpg
26KB, 710x533px
>>8810016
>>8810018
>>8810022
Yep: "Rococo Taco" (kek) is the style name, they're part of the Swordfish style group.
>>
>>8810092
Happy Pack C anon! Also, thank you! I was so glad this lucky pack wasn't a dud.

>>8810103
I was actually crossing my fingers that I would get it lol.
>>
>>8810116
This one, anon!
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/angel-blouse
>>
>>8810084
Wow, two special items in one pack! You are lucky indeed.

>>8810116
Angel blouse http://lolibrary.org/apparel/angel-blouse
>>
I requested an invite to Lacebook and asked me various questions.

>They do ask you for your legal name, two links to any social media account in which must show atleast one or two pictures of you wearing lolita. And social media accounts should be over a year old or atleast one should be over a year old.

> These accounts can not show images of children (like shotacon or lolicon) or people wearing lolita or something similar/looks alike in any sexual matter.

>must not have been Banned From Any Other lolita communities for any reason

>must have some circumstance Preventing you from Obtaining to invite code (your friend running out of codes does not count!)

You give them your real name, two links to any social accounts with the rules above, and give your reason on why you can't get an invite. I asked them why must we give our real names so I am waiting for a responds for it and will update my info since I know there are people out there who are concerned about giving your real name to strangers.
>>
>>8810081
Considering how much prices fluctuate you need to calm the fuck down. Also, they are going to lowball, that's the point of being open to offers, to negotiate. If you're an uppity cunt, just say no offers
>>
>>8810203
Okay, if I give them a fake name, how do they find out?
>>
>>8810215
>lowball
>$100 off $150 item
..ok

Come on, that is ridiculous.Yes, I believe in negotiation, but if someone is gonna want such a ridiculous discount, I can't imagine how the rest of the transaction going smoothly either.
>>
>>8810203
thanks anon for posting this.
I wonder what they do if you don't have any social media? I have neither FB nor Instagramm or something like that.
>>
>>8810084
Seeing this is making me really regret not getting one of the packs because I need to fill out my wardrobe. Next year maybe
>>
>>8810236
you may consider getting IW spring oddment pack, you'll have a lot of items for cheap.
>>
>>8810230
idk, when i say OBO i mean it- yeah i'll even look at $100 off a $150 item because maybe I priced it wrong or maybe i just want it gone that badly. you don't have to say yes, but there's no need to write OBO if you don't really mean it. no harm done either way?

>>8810239
do we know if the spring packs might have more blouses than the fall/winter ones? lately i haven't been seeing too many of those.
>>
Can someone take the measurements of their favorite maxipad headdress for me please? All the sets I have came with katuyshas (sp?) instead and I have enough lace to finally try making an oldschool headdress
>>
>>8810230
That's a pretty egregious example but I've had sellers refuse to mark things down 20$ and only do 5$ less when they are way over market price (by 100$) already...
>>
>>8810273
Yeah, I can understand that, but if you look at previous sold listings and you are pricing it around the same for same condition, color, etc... Then no.
>>
>>8810255
judging by the items they have on sale right now the spring LPs might be similar to the autumn LPs plus the possibility of outerwear. This means very few blouses. I bought an A-pack in autumn and got 8 dresses, 1 blouse and 2 boleros in it.
I guess IW has reduced the quantity of blouses they produce. In earlier years their sales and luckypacks were overfilled with blouses.
>>
>>8810285
thanks for the feedback anon! i hope they'll do a blouse pack or something if this is the trend, i don't need many more main pieces, but i can always use some extra blouses/outerwear.
>>
>>8810273
I always wondered what those sellers do.. The ones that heavily overprice their stuff and never reduce and are literally re-listing over 6 months or something..

All that burando going to waste unworn.. ;_;
>>
>>8810222
That I am not sure about yet, I gave them my real name just to join and see if it's pretty cool or not. My only concern is that you don't know who the mods/admins are so you are giving this info to strangers.
>>
>>8810239
yeah i think i'm gonna do that. what'll shipping to the USA cost me on that?
>>
>>8810353
Really depends.. Sometimes the packs includes shoes and bags.

My oddment pack was around 5kg I think, but it was only garments and no coats. I don't remember how much I paid for shipping though.
>>
>>8806926

I have it in saxe blue, no pic but it's very long. I'm 170 and it's over my knees. The straps are very elastic
>>
>>8807654

lolita fashion brands are way too small for IPOs. they probably use an S-corp and not C-corp structures.

the RMB is a managed float. they'll never let it crash, it's being devalued on purpose to increase domestic consumption and ensure a strong export market.
>>
>>8810290
I always thought they'd just keep wearing it while they wait for it to sell
>>
>>8809945
The mods are destroying it t.b.h., it's supposed to be fun but it's really not.
>>
>>8810084
A-Are you planning on selling any of the JSKs?

(I love Strawberry Animal Field so much.)
>>
File: 20160112_171201.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160112_171201.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Also got my lucky packs recently. Here's the meta one. Super cute, but I'll most likely sell all of it.

This is my second time getting that purple lace monster
>>
>>8810605
IW pack was a bunch of the same stuff as >>8810084 except I also got the bolero that goes with the pants.
>>
>>8810369
How damaged were the things? How many dresses and what price package did you get
>>
>>8810402
Ew
>>
>>8810222
I assume they google your name and make sure your two accounts come up and maybe other account from something you didn't list like a Twitter page or a dating site.

I'm wonder this too though because my name seems fake. Comparitively it's like having the name "Winifred/Winnie Bear". I never get calls back if I volunteer or sign up fpor things because people think I'm messing with them. So sometimes I use fake realistic sounding names. I assume it means no white " yuki tenshi"s or other made up names
>>
>>8808466
It's literally in the faq to this entire website.
>>
File: twinkle-sky2.jpg (495KB, 612x859px) Image search: [Google]
twinkle-sky2.jpg
495KB, 612x859px
Any interest? I have to sit here and try to choose between two blues and guess which will match my wardrobe. Thanks AP.
>>
>>8810746
I'm hoping the blue is darker in person. Both that and the red are way too bright for my wardrobe
>>
>>8810746
this looks so cheap
>>
>>8810764
Navy or blue?
>>
>>8810746
Whats with the fabric? Are there any real life pictures yet? I'm hoping it's another prettier in person type dresses because I'm dying for a black dress with gold stars.
>>
>>8810105
>tfw I want to love these, but can't get over my hate for the thing on the toes.
>>
File: 3034_original.jpg (18KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
3034_original.jpg
18KB, 250x333px
>>8810084
just got my pack A I got the same light brown flower socks, black socks with white lace the ugly beige ouji set (with the top), the heart headband and the middle blouse.
My favourite piece is Marine Rose short JSK in red, but overall MEH from me.
>>
File: 351921-7143-2015-04-26457962.jpg (254KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
351921-7143-2015-04-26457962.jpg
254KB, 450x800px
>>8813060
this stupid dozen maiden set I got all of it
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.