[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mori Girl Problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 5

File: picking.jpg (573KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
picking.jpg
573KB, 1500x2000px
ITT: Problems associated with your mori lifestyle

>Allergic to tree pollen
>>
>>8804999
>Expensive but yet cute clothes online that end up not fitting when they arrive.
>>
Trying to explain that you aren't a hippie.
>>
Living in a big city and thus lack much forest to be mori in.
>>
>>8805007
/thread
>>
Ticks

Twigs and shit sticking to dragging lace/knits

Chiggers

Waiting to get into town to get phone reception to post Kawaii pictures

Must just be me...
>>
>Forest fan friends or whatever changing their target audience away from mori into generic fob fashion
>>
File: i3eTxXhf_400x400.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
i3eTxXhf_400x400.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>8805054
>Ticks
There it is. Right on the dot.
>>
>>8805054
lyme disease ain't cute friend

Layering making my behind look twice as big as usual. I can avoid this in lolita, because your petticoat is supposed to stick out (it just does more in the back than front.)
>>
>>8804999
>have many cute knits
>must hang to dry
>too wet to hang outside
>get covered in dog fur inside
>>
This really didn't need it's own thread.
The mori girl thread could use more traffic as it is, and this one certainly isn't going to get enough to warrant it killing another thread.
What is up with people not understanding board/site basics and making all of these totally unnecessary threads lately?
>>
>>8805132
A vent thread isnt really going to kill a thread with a much broader discussion.
>>
>>8805153
Every time a new thread is created, an old one is kicked off, i.e. "killed". This topic doesn't merit a new thread when it could have easily gone into the mori general.
>>
>>8805155
>stop having fun, you killed an already saging thread to have fun
>>
>>8805160
do you know what saging means, though?
>>
Not being able to wear especially cute outfits when the summer temperatures get really hot. Mori is a fashion of layers.
>>
>>8805170
Do you?
>>
>>8805160
>stop bumping this shit
anon has a point. this is a stupid topic. you don't see fairy kei, gothic or punk problems. fuck off, snowflake
>>
-having no active local community
-having a barely active online community
-dark mori girl vs natural kei vs mori girl battles
-Just wanting to look cute with other girls while drinking tea and crocheting/knitting
-Not knowing how to crochet and knit
>>
>>8805132
The mori general is literally just the same pics I've seen a million times before that I don't even check it out anymore. What's wrong with having a mori thread that's a little different?
>>
>>8805188
>not enjoying these activities when most other mori girls expect everyone to
>>
>>8805199
Yes, it just doesn't seem right for me to not like tea as much as every other mori seems to, and I don't have time to knit.
>Not liking the longer skirts of the fashion
>>
>>8805192
You can do it in the general? Don't bitch about the general being shit if you're not working to improve it. I regularly post new (at least to my folder) content. Point is, this thread could have gone in the general with no problems and wouldn't have killed another thread that way. Why do you need your own special thread?
>>
>having too many varying fashion interests t give time or wardrobe space to mori
>been admiring it since it popped up
I will never be a forest girl
>>
>>8805221
I could never strictly be a mori girl. I got some outfits, but I love my pastels, my skinny jeans, and my graphic tees too much.
>>
>>8805217
dude are you okay
maybe fix yourself a nice cup of tea or something
>>
>>8805132
>killing another thread i.e. becoming more popular and stealing the traffic
>not getting enough traffic itself
pick one
>>
>>8805132
do you know that this is the only board that ever bitches about "killing a thread"
>>
>>8805170
If it is the last thread on the last page, it's either saging or it needs to die anyway.
>>
>>8805228
This was already covered. Merely creating a new thread kills the last thread on the last page. I'm not talking about killing the other mori thread. Why the fuck don't you people understand how this works?
>>
>not being Japanese
>people question why a white girl would take so much interest in a Japanese subculture
>feeling inferior to the Japanese mori girls because I don't feel as cute
>>
>>8805217
Could've, should've, would've. The thread is up now, and it has been up for a while, so just let the mori girls have their fun on this thread, it's not like it can be taken back at this rate.
>>
>>8805238
It's killing a thread that was already dead. Who cares as long as it's not spam or some short-lived question.
>>
This is more of a universal girl problem than a mori girl problem, but runs in tights. Especially when they're your favourite tights and you can't find anymore of them because your online shop took them down.
>>
Does anyone else here have trouble finding mori type shoes in stores but not trust buying shoes online?
>>
>>8804999
Commitment. I just can't make a commitment to being a mori girl, I'm a fraud! At least it's easier to fet away with than with being a lolita.
>>
>My co-worker called my style "like those poor Americans you see on TV". I still have no idea what that looks like. Also she is the one with the bad taste anyways.
>Size EU 40 shoes, too chicken to order online and most aren't in my size anyways.
>will never be as cute as japanese mori girl
>I would love an active community like Lolita fashion has. Local and international.
>>
>>8805237
no.

saging is something you do TO a thread.

if it is on the last page, and it is not AUTOSAGING (310+ posts) bump it and reply to it. one reaso we do this is because newfags ask the same shit all the time and it's easier to point them to an earlier post in the thread than tell them to check the archives.
>>
>>8805299
to clarify, i like this thread so i am not arguing against its existence. just explaining shit.
>>
>The looks I get outside
I get that it's not my culture, but it's not the craziest style.
>>
>>8805299
>I've been on 4chan for a whole year now allow me to enlighten you on the proper internet slang to use
>>
>>8805070
Yeah I've noticed that.
Many other shops are doing the same, and following the market trends to stay afloat.
>>
>>8805299
it's 315 anon, and I'd like to add that just typing 'bump' is pretty fucking lazy, just pick up anything you could add on to in the thread or make up a topic/question
>what is having a conversation

I am shit with coording and my pieces don't want to match with each other. also, weather and fashion appropriate shoes are impossible to find
>>
>>8805308
>i don't like facts, let me make up a strawman to deal with it
>>
>>8805317
I don't think you know what strawman means.
That's real life slang for a fake argument that's set up to be defeated.
What I did was repeat what you said more simplified to mock you.
>>
>>8805315
>it's 315 anon

people keep saying this, so i tested on a dead thread

>>8805327

it's 310
>>
>>8805323
>What I did was repeat what you said more simplified to mock you.
go home anon, you're drunk
>>
>>8805315
I get that issue, my problem is that I need to be matchy or I feel weird. The fashion doesn't really call for much matching but it just feels complete.
>>
>>8804999
Can we talk about OP's pollen allergy, because really any pollen allergy is a struggle with mori
>>
>>8805330
damn aight, sorry. I will shoosh myself

>>8805337
I agree I guess, maybe I'm taking it too far/too hard but I'm similar with lolita, everything has to be perfectly matching
>>
>>8805258
Even better, pulls in knit tights. You can only cut the string that pulled out, then you have a small hole. Small hole or a long dangly string...
>>
>>8805339
do you have anything in particular you want to say about it
>>
>>8805379
Just how irritating it gets. When you're stuffy and trying to take cute photos but you gotta keep sniffing all the time, and being directly in the pollen just makes you have to resort to mouth breathing. Can anyone relate?
>>
>>8805339
>>8805385
I take antihistamines to keep the symptoms at bay. I also wear a face-mask sometimes which helps but pollen sticking onto clothes means its sorta pointless.

If you know what trees are particularly bad for your allergies just try find parks that don't have a glut of those types of trees.

Pine trees and any type of flowers, especially orchids tear my lungs up, but deciduous trees don't seem to have any affect.

If you aren't deathly allergic to every kind of pollen, try to figure out which ones aren't so bad and tailor your forest walks to suit e.g. if conifers don't set you off, find an evergreen trail, if conifers do set you off, find a largely deciduous forest and go there.

Alternatively, what about visiting a rocky mountain trail which has less greenery but loads of scenery? Or for coastal mori's, beaches and inlets.

I don't know if this is much help, pollen allergies are super annoying, but I find that this is the best way I cope with my allergies.

>>8805351
This.

My Mori girl problem ...
>buy a real nice sweater, absolute dream sweater.
>Wear it once, wash it, sweater quadruples in size.
>Try thrifting for more sweaters, nothing compares to original.

r.i.p Dream sweater you will never be replaced or forgotten.
>>
>>8805512
There was this really cute sweater at the thrift store I wanted to buy today, but I knew I would ruin it as soon as I washed it. It was very pretty with the embroidery, but it was scratchy too. I don't know how I would have fixed that.
>>
>>8805054
chiggers suck and the only way to get rid of them is to drown those fuckers in the bath
>>
>half my wardrobe is knits
>i live with two ferrets
>they destroy knit material with their claws and teeth in 0.2 seconds
>but they fit my mori aesthetic
>>
>>8805337
>>8805349
I feel this need to match! I've been trying to do more coords since mori-inspired is the only thing I can wear for my daily work outfits, but I feel like a clusterfuck, and not in a qt magazine girl photoshoot way.
>>
>>8805385
>>8805512
i don't mean to turn this into an allergy thread, but i just want to add that i get allergy shots (for pollen as well as other things) and they're extremely helpful, at least in my experience. i've been getting them for only 1 year and it's already done wonders. antihistamines by themselves didn't do much for me.
>>
>>8805854
As much as I hate needles, I hate allergies more, so I'll definitely consider that. It would make my fall and spring walks and mini selfie-shooys so much more tolerable.
>>
>That cute knit sweater you have that hurts your elbows when you try to rest your head in your hands
>>
File: 3235234.png (10KB, 76x103px) Image search: [Google]
3235234.png
10KB, 76x103px
>>8806603
This, so much, all the time
>>
>>8806603
Please elaborate.
>>
>>8806657
The rough surface of knit materials digs into your skin if you rest your elbows on a table.
>>
Am I a faker mori if I don't order clothes from Japan but get them from thrift stores/America online stores like ModCloth/mainstream brands instead? I can't really see a difference as long as the items are made of the right materials and look mori, but I feel like such an impostor not having any mori burando
>>
>>8806687
I don't see a problem with it, honestly. Most of my mori is Japanese because I prefer online shopping sometimes, but if I see something cute in stores I'm going to get it. Mori isn't really like lolita so I don't think the brands matter.
>>
>>8806715
The thing is that I'm ashamed to upload OOTDs or something like that and put in the description where I got the stuff from because none of the shops are Japanese or "cute"...
>>
>>8806722
Yeah, I can understand that. Honestly, people even go as far as to make their own clothing for these fashions, so I don't see the big deal with using whatever resources you have available.
>>
>>8806722
You don't really have to list where anything is from, right? I don't often see mori OOTDs with lolita-style brand rundowns like that. As long as the coord is cute and suited to the fashion, I think it should be able to stand on its own.
>>
File: plans.png (573KB, 599x1000px) Image search: [Google]
plans.png
573KB, 599x1000px
>>8806724
>>8806730
Maybe I'm too used to seeing other j-fashion styles depend on brands... That said, here are some things I'm planning to order, opinions?
>>
>>8806758
Hng sauce?

That green shirt dress is the cutest, and the one next to it...and the shawl...
Good taste anon!
>>
>>8806763
They're all from ModCloth! And the shawl has buttons that turn it into a cardigan, I like that because shawls tend to fall off all the time.
I got hooked on buying from ModCloth after they had this super cute dress a while ago but it was already sold out in my size and they never got it in again... Goodbye dream dress.
>>
>>8806771
I found the shawl and green shirt.
It looks like the green shirt is getting reviewed as really short and boxy, be careful with that one!
>>
>>8806785
Thanks for the heads up!
I originally wanted these shoes too, but they don't have them in my size anymore...
http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-boots/path-passerby-bootie
>>
>>8806758
I find waist-accentuating pieces like the first one to be pretty tricky, they've thrown off a lot of mori coords I've seen just because they weren't styled well. If you know how you plan to wear it, though, I think it's workable.

Also, Modcloth sells a lot of marked-up Taobao stuff anymore, so it works out, I guess. For the price, I do think you should look into secondhand brand or whatever just because it's a better deal overall and you know you're getting something that's made to fit into the fashion.
>>
>>8806793
Check ebay!
I found a lot of my mori wardrobe in thrift stores, ebay, and etsy desu.

To stay on topic:
>Your shawl getting leaves and twigs in it
>Not knowing what direction your box shawl goes on
>Putting on bootsocks, boots, and leg warmers over that and having too hot feet
>Only finding really expensive or really ugly accessories
>Worried about backwards hillbillies in my town yelling at me for wearing my shawl over my head because those idiots will assume head covering = muslim
>My bag looks awkward over my shawl but is hard to get on and off under it
>Worried I look like a bag lady
>>
Finding boots that fit perfectly, then trying them on with thick socks and having them be too tight.
>>
hey i know this is kind of off topic but if you want normal fag mori clothes check out knox rose at target they have some online but alot more is carried instore and everytime i go in there all i can think of is mori fashion looking at their cardigans and shirts.
>>
>>8806956
It doesn't look very promising though. A few mori-able things and then ugly patterns with ugly colors that can't be mixed with anything.

> thebudgetbabe. com/archives/7293-Knox-Rose-is-the-Latest-Fashion-Line-to-Land-at-Target.html
>>
>>8806833
This. THIS.
Also ordering shoes from one store that you have successful bought shoes from in your size and getting a new pair that doesn't fit.
>>
>>8807189
Sorry j don't know much about mori I do cosplay and jt just reminded me of it I thought somebody might have found it helpful
>>
>>8807189
I just saw the bulk of this stuff on clearance at target, poor quality for the most part.
>>
having large-ish chest and butt making it hard to look good with the 'shapeless' mori aesthetic
>>
>>8805007
>thrift
>problem solved
>>
File: image.jpg (175KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 800x600px
Well here's my experience OP:

I was born and raised in the forest (Pinewood Savannah of Southern Ga to be specific, see pic), so mori just sort of fit in with my lifestyle. My family owns a plantation with roughly 20,000 acres of woodland. I'm the manager and my job entails keeping our wildlife and forest healthy, basically speaking I walk around in the woods all day looking at the trees, plants, animals, ect.

Here's my issues:

1) It's too hot to layer. My forest is a subtropical rainforest, so it's very hot and very wet. Temps reach easily into the 100s during the summer and I'm forced to wear an ugly poncho during the rainy season. Now, when I can layering really comes in handy, it keeps the ticks and red bugs off by protecting my skin with multiple swaths of clothing. Mosquito Borne illness is a big issue here as well.

2) Dangerous wildlife. Sadly knit leggings aren't going to protect my ankles from rattlesnake bites. I also find it quite difficult to move quickly in mori. The last time I met a panther (which are not all that common, but are catching on due to conservation efforts) I almost wet myself because I knew I couldn't run away, thankfully he was a lot more afraid of the weird lace covered girl. :)

3) Brairs and brambles. They don't care about your pretty knit clothes, or your legs for that matter.

I understand that all forests are different and come with their own unique set of problems, this is just my personal experience. But all in all I consider myself pretty lucky being able to actually live in the forest and interact with it every day.
>>
>>8810205
Savanna, not Savannah. Autocorrect kills me everytime! That being said, you could drive out of Savannah and be in a savanna in less than an hour. ;)
>>
>>8810205
Ohh I bet that gets humid. The last time I was in the woods a fox started following me. My cousin ran and I walked with it because I didbt want him to be scared. However, I got lost because of all the paths.
>>
>>8810478
Yes! Very humid.

That's awesome about the fox, we've got them around here, but not nearly as many as I'd like.

How long were you lost? I've never been for more than an hour, but it's awful unnerving.
>>
>>8810519
Only for a couple minutes. The foxes are peaceful there. I was in this little town in New Brunswick, Canada, and since we're by the ocean, the foxes just eat crab and whatever else they find in the woods. Its5 really cute to see them hop along the beach at night.
>>
>>8804999
>looking like a grandma
>looking like a tent because you're not flat
>>
>>8810702
Sounds like a beautiful thing to watch!
>>
>Having curves
My curves make me have to choose between lookibg like a giant bell or just ignoring the whole "no shape" look
>>
>>8810702
I c a N t believe there's someone other than me who knows new Brunswick exists. Where did you go? My mom's from there and I go back often!
>>
>>8812724
I was born in Moncton, lived in Baie-Sainte-Anne for a bit, but I moved to Pennsylvania when I was little. We go back to visit my family often in Pointe Sapin, Moncton, and Richibucto. I was in Pointe Sapin when the fox thing happened. I love it up there, I go back at least once a year. How about you?
>>
Starting out and being plus sized has been frustrating. I feel like I look like an old grandma.
>>
>>8812734
My family is from pointe verte! It's more north than where you usually are. Lots of trees, since in my small town you are either a logger, miner, or work in the fisheries.

>my skin is allergic to grass. If grass touches my skin I go all red and itchy.
>>
>>8805379
this thread is a trainwreck
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.