[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Handing out small gifts with your cosplays?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 38

File: IMG_9218.jpg (607KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9218.jpg
607KB, 1600x1200px
How do you feel about cosplayers who hand out stuff to people they approach or who interact with them? Have you ever done it?

I've seen cosplayers do it with flowers before. I was going to hand out something to people who approached me in cosplay (I'm not going to personally approach anyone), but I'm curious what people think of this.
>>
one no-face gave me a chocolate coin when I was waiting in line for the cosplay competition and said "You're almost there!" It was so sweet that I'm planning on handing out little pieces of paper that say nice things if someone comes up to me. Just like a little piece of paper like one in a fortune cookie with a saying like "you can do it!" or "you are beautiful" or something.
>>
the best instance of this i ever have and likely ever will witness is when me and my girlfriend saw two guys cosplaying as jesse and walter white and they looked SO CANON. so she yelled "yo, mr white!" from afar, as we were approaching them. we complimented their cosplays, and without saying anything, walter white just grins, pulls out a little baggie of blue rock candy, and hands it to my girlfriend. it was hilarious, i think she still has it somewhere

as for myself, i like to draw and make stickers of some of the characters from the series i'm cosplaying from, so if someone comes up and compliments my cosplay i'll offer them one. they usually seem to like it, and i've seen people have fun going through the bags (i keep them separated by series) to find their favorite character! i also write my blog url on the back of them, in case they want to follow me or whatever.
>>
Once I saw an Okosan cosplayer and I gave them a tiny pudding cup jello candy. They gave me a heart sticker that said "Good End". I've gotten tiny presents and things at Holiday Matsuri before because people go all out for Christmas. One year there was a Santa Totoro who gave out tiny soot sprite bottle ornaments if you hugged him. I've had a Sableye gijinka give me a plastic jewel.... Honestly I love it. It's super lame but I cherish those dumb trinkets because they're nice memories.
>>
A pretty good Tobias Funke handed me a show accurate Analrapist business card once. I still have it clipped to my desk.
>>
There's this older gentleman that cosplays Mario at Acen. He sometimes carries a coin box and gives kids and cosplayers little choco coins. It's kawaii as Fuck.
>>
Once at NYCC I was comforting a Harley Quinn who was upset, and once her friend came around and we were going to part ways, she gave me a little fake diamond, about 5cm in diameter at its widest. I still have it, and whenever I see it, it reminds me of her.
>>
>>8799775
This is really clever! What a cool idea

I once stopped a Mugi from K-ON!! for a photo and she gave me a croissant, it was really sweet. I think handing out stuff is great- I sometimes do it for my cosplays, but I'm afraid that someday I'm going to break some food safety law by doing it.
>>
>>8799837
You'll be fine, just make sure it's all prepackaged stuff. Honestly I don't think they can come after you if you're handing it out for free and everyone enjoys it. Someone would have to be a major salt demon to raise a fuss over a person giving out free snacks.
>>
There was a girl cosplaying as Yamato from My Love Story!! who gave me a homemade cookie when I asked for her picture! She had a whole box, it was really cute.

I've given out candy canes as Christmas Town Sora before, and have received some as well around the holidays. I really want to cosplay No Face and give out bath token charms, I think it would be so much fun.
>>
File: tumblr_ndec5jBx0E1qm8ta5o3_540.jpg (93KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndec5jBx0E1qm8ta5o3_540.jpg
93KB, 540x360px
OP here. I'm really glad this is getting positive responses. I was a little worried people might be put off by little gifts.

What I'm handing out isn't snacks or anything "useful", but little handpainted glow in the dark butterflies. Hopefully they'll be as appreciated as snacks.
>>
I've had the opposite happen, where someone loved the character I was cosplaying and let me pick out piece of art from his sketchbook to keep. I really like art so I thought it was a very sweet gesture.
>>
A guy in my comm recently cosplayed as Saint Francis of Assisi (weird, i know) and handed out some homemade candy with little verses preaching love and peace.

I thought it was odd but quite cute, he was so incredibly nice. Maybe he was Francis himself.
>>
>>8799875
Yeah, man, I'd appreciate that even more than snacks! I love handmade stuff, and love getting it.
>>
When I cosplay as Buddy from Lisa I had out little stickers of Lisa or Harvey and these blue mint candies that look like joy. I'm so happy just to meet another fan.
>>
>>8799775
Out of curiousity, was this in the Netherlands? I met a great Walter and Jesse here as well, and they gave me blue sugar glass
>>
My entire cosplay revolved around handing out lolipops to people, but the type I gave out had some weird flavors in the mix. You could take whatever ones you wanted, so if you grabbed a pizza flavored one it was a big shock. I got a lot of compliments and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
>>
As a payday cosplayer. Pop rocks or candy is a nice icebreaker. Especially pop rocks since blue ones resemble sky blue
>>
A couple times I ran into a Mio from K-On! cosplayer who was passing out stickers of the characters. Like if you took her picture, she would give you a sticker of a random K-On! girl. Really nice, made a great Mio.
>>
My niece and I did Luke and Professor Layton once and everyone who took our picture was given a chocolate "Hint" coin.

I also did Hiccup a few times, and had a bag of Swedish Fish gummies, and mixed in there were a few gummy worms. I called the worms eels. People enjoyed it.
>>
>>8799988
Oh! And at the last con I went to, there was a No-Face who was passing out Werthers caramel candies. That was awesome.
>>
>>8799760
Been thinking about handing out helium balloons in my Venom Snake cosplay this spring. Is that dumb?
>>
>>8799998
Make them look like the Fulton balloons in the game. Also, get a bunch of little toy sheep and attach them to the balloons.
>>
>>8799998
Some cons/convention centers don't allow helium balloons inside the convention center, so check the rules before you do so.
>>
Dressed up as Fluttershy once upon a time and a Derpy was handing out letters with CDs of the best pony music.
>>
It's amazing.

I'd love to receive a little gift, especially if it's relevant to the costume like >>8799775
>>
>>8800001
I can't decide if it would be funnier to only carry white ones, like fultons, or party colours with a "free balloons" sign.

>>8800004
I'd do it outside but on the grounds. I imagine some idiots would try to bring them inside, but would the convention come after me for that?
>>
>>8799760
It totally makes a difference. I still remember the really sweet girl who gave me a wristband and a hug at CTCON. I'm not the kind of guy who gets free hugs, so it meant a lot to me.
>>
I've met a no face that handed out rolos, as well as a peppermint butler that came up to me and my bf (dressed as PB and Finn) and gave us little peppermints. It's such a cute sentiment, since my BF wants to cosplay No Face I think we're gonna hand out chocolate coins.

>>8799853
Oh man, I'm planning on cosplaying Yamato and doing the same. I love baking and that anime.
>>
>>8799882
Your comm member has good taste in Saints, and that sounds really sweet without being preachy.

>>8799989
I love Layton and that's such a cute idea!
>>
I love it when people do that, especially if it really goes well with their cosplay. Sometimes cosplayers give out random stuff and I think that's a little odd so if you do decide to do something try to keep it related, like coins with no face. A Link cosplayer gave me a little printed out heart container and I thought that was cute, I still have it somewhere.
>>
I did this a bunch of times, mostly homestuck related though. The first time I bought a clearance pack of 10 tshirts, tie dyed them, stenciled god tier symbols on them, and handed them out at a gathering. The next time I made baby Dave phone charms out of clay and handed those out. The last con I did homestuck I made shrinky charm bracelets and phone charms with sayings or sburb spirographs on them. I kinda used them to promo my blog because I had business cards printed and stuck them on the stuff.

When I cosplayed as Leif from ACNL I handed out packs of cosmos seeds. Other ACNL cosplayers handed out paper item leaves and cute letters, and I still have them in a folder! One person even gave me a card shaped like a shirt icon haha.

I didn't get one, but once I saw some harvest moon character giving people blue feathers and it was adorable.
>>
>>8800026
Depending on the con, making you stand outside is the most they can do, I would think. You should be fine unless people bringing them inside becomes too much of a hassle for the con and they make you stop handing them out.
>>
File: image.png (78KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
78KB, 200x200px
I got a jelly baby from a female 4th Doctor cosplayer, it was good
>>
I've never thought about giving out things myself but it seems like a nice idea! I remember getting a marshmallow from a Onceler cosplayer when that was popular lol.

Another time someone gave me and everyone else in my group handmade keychains of our respective cosplay characters, it was such a sweet gesture and made me incredibly happy!
>>
>>8799824
Hello acen, love Mario he's so nice.
>>
I love when cosplayers have little gifts to give out that match their costumes! It's such a cute thing, and highly memorable. I want to start incorporating them into my costumes.

A No Face gave me a bath token once, which I kept for a long time. And a Pokémon trainer gave me a gym badge made from resin that I still keep pinned to one of my jackets probably more than five years later.

And I've had artists give me prints or merch of the character I was cosplaying, which I thought was really touching.
>>
I used to give out fake roses when I crossplayed as Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club almost a decade ago. I used some of his cheesier flirting lines and girls would just lose it, it was adorable.

More recently, I know some local cosplayers dressed as a bunch of Zelda characters in the Postman outfit, like how Link can get it as an alt outfit in Hyrule Warriors. They gave out Christmas cards in little envelopes at a December convention, I believe.
>>
I hand out rubber bracelets from the anime I'm cosplaying. People seem to like it and it's not like it costs much.
>>
Someone gave me his cat hat once because I was a socially inept weeb who expressed that I wanted it. It was really sweet of him, and I still have it.

I think that giving out stuff is a great idea. I haven't thought of anything related to my cosplays yet though, but maybe small lolipops if I ever go through with cosplaying Dottei (OPM)? I could keep them in the randoseru.
>>
>>8800295

Uhh giving away a cat to some random just because they're a dorky weeb is pretty shitty pet ownership.
>>
>>8799760

I think cosplayers giving out things is almost always super sweet and really fun. I think I'd be wary of certain foods like homemade baked goods or easily perishable foods, but pre-packaged snacks and candy are always fine with me.

The cutest one I've ever encountered was a Reese (Animal Crossing) cosplayer who had a basket full of bell pouches. Inside was candy and a quote from the game said by random NPCs.

I don't cosplay much since I'm usually in the artist alley, but I almost always give free small items like buttons or individual stickers to cosplayers I really like/rarely see.
>>
>>8800298
cat *HAT*

jesus fucking christ anon go to sleep or something
>>
>>8800298
>cat hat
>>
>>8799824
At London a guy cosplayed the box. If you "punched" the bottom he'd flip out a coin.

A group of black guys further down the hall flipped their shit when they saw me do it, and swarmed him.
>>
>>8799897
no, it was in usa! guess it's not an uncommon idea

oh i remembered this too: i love how since katsucon has fallen on valentine's day the past couple years, people have been giving out valentines it's so cute!! i'll be sad when valentine's day stops falling over the weekend...
>>
At AWA this year there was a Rosalina and Daisy who where handing out candy.
It made my day and several of the younger con attenders were put at ease around us while we waited in line for the Ouran panel.
I guess it depends on how you do it, don't be creepy with it? These two just had buckets and asked if anyone wanted any, then let the people pick their own. And if someone said no they didn't press it at all, just smiled and said ok.
It worked well enough, I got a sucker.
>>
Reading these made me really happy. My boyfriend is planning to cosplay Umaru this year and he wanted to give out small bottles of cola or potato chips (i suggested Haribo Happy Cola, which i think he's going to go with). I was afraid people might find it creepy, but this thread makes me feel better about it.
>>
>>8800366
Awww that's so cute! I just imagine them carrying little pails and parasols.
>>8800394
Haribo would be totally cool! Small easy to eat treats are the way to go I'd think.
>>
File: Barriss_infected.jpg (33KB, 700x297px) Image search: [Google]
Barriss_infected.jpg
33KB, 700x297px
I'm going to hand out gummi worms if I ever et off my ass and cosplay Barriss.
>>
>>8800447
That may be awkward since it's a unwrapped candy.
>>
my girlfriend and I have two binders full of homestuck prints and stickers and we hand those out at meets and photoshoots and people tend to like it. on halloween we pass out candy too
>>
I've gone as Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler and given out "sausages" made of named animals only, in the form of link jerky on hot dog buns.

If they braved a sausage from Dibbler, they also got to pick out a treat, in the form of rice krispies, trail mix, granola bars, full size candy bars, or Capri suns.

I actually went three times as Dibbler, the first time I had every snack on a stick, but no sausages, and just a terrible cardboard box. The second time, I had a proper labeled crate, brownie bites, small candy, and dog treats for the furries, all in sticks. The jerky was handmade, with a mix of taco and teriyaki seasoning to give it the unique Dibbler taste. Sadly, the mixes weren't mixed evenly enough, so it was just ordinary taste.

The last time, I forgot the sticks, but had store-bought jerky, full size candy bars, rice krispies, Capri suns, and trail mix bars.

I really like giving out treats, especially since a lot of con goers neglect hydration and eating.

This winter Sacanime, I went as Sans (cosplaying Mettaton because I didn't have a mask finished), and gave out "fried snow" (rice krispies), and showers of (Hershey) Kisses.

It's fun, although it can get heavy if you plan to give out a lot. I gave away a full box of Costco candy bars and rice krispies, 4 boxes of Capri suns, two packages of Jerky, and a couple boxes of trail mix bars.

My arms and legs were really sore by the end of the con.
>>
I'm a little suspicious of free stuff, but I'm more suss of people at cons who aren't in cosplay that hand out stuff. There's a guy here in Australia that does it with macaroons and people have gotten sick from them (despite him being a chef).

Pre-packaged stuff is the safest to go with anyway.
>>
>>8800593
it would've made my goddamn life to see a Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler (or variant) doing that. How excellent.
>>
A Zelos cosplayer handed out plastic roses to all the female characters at a Tales of gathering. It was sweet I think.
>>
>>8799835
Kawaii af
>>
>>8799853
>Christmas Town Sora
Anon you give me life desu
>>
>>8800394
Based husbando, let us know how it goes!
>>
My boyfriend is going to cosplay Handsome Jack for a con on valentines day. We came up with the idea of printing those "be my buttstallion" Valentine cards for him to hand out.
>>
A guy cosplaying a vault dweller from fallout handed me a few Nuka cola bottle caps at a con once
>>
My bf and I are going to cosplay the Gen 4 Pokemon breeders and hand out little plastic Easter eggs painted to look like Pokemon eggs. Should we put anything inside of them or just glue the eggs up and hand just them out?
>>
This is probably kinda dumb, but when I cosplayed as Zacharie from OFF (y'know, the game that had a fandom and then died out) I handed out coupons called 'Batter Bucks.' I drew little Zacharie's on them and made them look like dollars made out of crayon and white construction paper.

I thought it was stupid, but cute. If it made someone laugh, I figure that's a job well done.
>>
>>8800593
Haha, were you the one with the bag over your head that said Mettaton on it? I saw you at my table a few times!

I was at a TF2 meetup and there was a guy dressed as a dispenser handing out juice boxes! It was a nice idea since it was blazing hot at the con and we were all dying under our layers of cosplay. Also while I was cosplaying Sniper, an artist gave me a TF2 pin, I think she was handing them out to any TF2 cosplayers that passed by.
>>
File: 1434351771355.jpg (240KB, 843x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1434351771355.jpg
240KB, 843x1059px
>>8799760

When I cosplay as Kyoko Sakura, I like to hand out apples 8T

You know, it gives me a reason to carry around a giant bag of apples, even though I hate any kind except for Honeycrisp.

I'm also planning on making Taiyaki to bring with me to my next con, since that's another thing she likes to eat. I just think it's a fun and nice thing to do!
>>
>>8800108
I did Chelsea from Harvest Moon IoH once, I also gave out blue feathers, it was lot's of fun! Totally forget I did that until I read your post.

I once met a Kida from DRRR that was handing out yellow scarves, I still got a scarf somewhere. Thinking about it makes me happy
>>
>>8800806
I handed out paint chips and told people they were the color of wrath, color of pain, etc
>>
I once met a willy wonka cosplayer and he gave me a bar of chocolate after a picture. It made my whole day!
It was actually good chocolate too, not hershey's.
>>
File: 20160101_144654.jpg (1MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20160101_144654.jpg
1MB, 2322x4128px
>>8800872
Yeah, that was me. Hopefully you got some fried Snow if you recognized me, heh. It seemed like a lot of people liked the costume in general, but it looks really bad in most pictures I've seen, especially since you can only read what it says from a front angle.

I'll probably try a proper mask for Fanime, and still do the fried Snow shtick. Not sure if I should do a reprise of Mettaton Sans, though.
>>
A Link cosplayer was handing out condoms a while back with a variation of that one " take this " phrase. It got a chuckle out of me. I couldn't tell if it was a girl or a guy though
>>
I seem to be on the receiving end here
I once got a ring pop from some random person while I was cosplaying, but I'm highly suspicious of free food from weird con kids so I just threw it away, I feel pretty bad about it now though. That was like two years ago, I'd probably eat it now though since it was packaged.
Also last year I was cosplaying Perona from One Piece and some random dude came up to me and gave me a Horo ghost plushie and just left, without even saying anything or asking for a photo. It was pretty weird but I was so happy I was almost crying and thanked him even though he quickly walked away. Maybe he was shy? Idk I would've loved taking a pic with him I was so grateful and happy

Next con I go to id like to give out one piece stickers for sure! I love my fandom
>>
Welp, you all just gave me an idea of what to do with my free time since I finished my costume so early this year.

Undertale related, going to look into getting a few pins or charms to make. Probably little hearts or something.
>>
I cosplay as Enma Ai from Hell Girl, and I hand out little yarn dolls with red strings around their necks.
>>
when I cosplayed feferi from homestuck I had tiny squiddles that I made and passed out. They were pretty cute!
>>
I plan on cosplaying Yamato pretty soon and I was also planning on handing out cookies. Are there any pre-packaged cookies I can buy or should I bake them and wrap them up myself?
>>
I've had an idea to cosplay the postman from Animal Crossing and hand out tiny envelopes with warm fuzzy messages to those tha spoke to me; with the heart seal and all.

I was worried it might be creepy but this thread has given me hope it'll be a cute gesture.
>>
>>8801099
that's adorable and you should definitely do it.
>>
This thread was fun to read and gave me an idea.

A few years ago I cosplayed as the merchant from Resident Evil 4 on Halloween and handed out little fake herb vials and such. Only a few people recognized me but they loved it.

Next time I wear my Teto cosplay this summer I'll bring a few loaves of fresh french bread with me to share with people!
>>
>>8799760
A tingle once handed me a crudely drawn map while I was cosplaying Link, it was super cute.

I had to make a little resin charm for my costume so I made a bunch and gave out the charms to people who were nice and recognized my costume. I only had one kinda negative experience with it where someone saw me give one to someone else and they just walked up with their hands out and stood in front of me, they didn't even look me in the eye or smile, so I tried to lighten the situation by smiling saying something like "Oh, you like this character too? " and they just shook their hand at me still not looking up. I ended up giving her one to make her go away because I am awkward and bad at these things. Everyone else as very gracious about it, but next time I will say no to rude swag whores.
>>
File: Chaoscultist.jpg (111KB, 884x972px) Image search: [Google]
Chaoscultist.jpg
111KB, 884x972px
It's fun and something to do when you have spare time between costume making. Cosplayed as a Chaos Cultist and handed out the extra laser-cut wooden Chaos icons i made.

Obviously works best when with like-minded cosplayers and fans, but it was fun to approach Homestucks/My little ponies mumble and snarl something about Imperial lapdogs, the end of days or false emperors before pressing a small chaos token into their hands and shuffling off.

I visted the Forge World booth and they let me take a fistful of the free Warhammer badges which i also gave out in exchange for people's souls and promise they would give themselves to the dark gods
>>
I always bring homemade cookies or brownies with me when I cosplay Cooking Mama, people love it and it's a nice icebreaker when I want to chat with someone.

I went to a con just after Halloween, and put some leftover eyeball candy in my cookie basket. It was pretty funny seeing people eyeing the cookies with envy and pulling a weird face once they noticed the eyeballs
>>
>>8800394
Definitely go with the haribo cola! That'd be so cute
>>
>>8800802
I would suggest a small candy, like a fun sized twix or something similar
>>
I love when cosplayers hand out little gifts that go along with their costumes.

My two best memories are going to a Halloween convention one year and a show-accurate Halloween Ouran Host Club group came down the registration line to hand out candy.
Another was the year I went to a convention by myself and a Seiya from Sailor Moon spotted me sitting alone and offered me a rose and said she liked my costume.

Ever since then I've tried to pay it back by having little things to hand out if it matches my costume, like a couple years ago I cosplayed a Pokemon trainer and handed out little "Pokemon eggs" which were plastic Easter eggs filled with candy.

If I'm at my local convention I do a yearly "Where's Waldo?" type event I'll post about on the con's FB where I'll have something easy to spot (last year was a giant fish purse) and if you find me with it you get a prize. Usually it's candy, stickers, glow sticks or hand sanitizer products.

I think this year I'm going to do No Face just so I can hand out some chocolate coins.
>>
>>8800134
I think I know who you're talking about! Did they have another male Doctor with them who had an umbrella?
>>
>>8800366
I remember them! They were so nice, I'm glad it went over well.
>>
A couple friends and I are going to cosplay as Grey Wardens from Dragon Age this year, and I want to pass out little gifts to anyone cosplaying the companions (chocolate "gold" bars to Zevrans, white flowers for Lelianas, stuff like that that they actually want in the games) and maybe some of the expansion gifts/pranks to give out to randos.
>>
>>8801091
If you live in 'Murica, hit up your local grocery store and look in the snack aisle for Hostess stuff. They have pre-packaged snack cakes and cookies. Just off the top of my head, you can get gingerbread men and oatmeal cookies that are individually packaged.
>>
this isn't exactly the same thing, but reading this thread made me remember it and i'm really happy i did now

i was at a con, and there was an artist who was selling a couple prints from my favorite fandom at her table. she had one of my second favorite character, and it was really nice, so i bought it. i was showing it to one of my friends later and she told me "oh yeah i saw that booth, she also has a print of (my fave character) that matches that one!" well either it hadn't been out at the time or i hadn't seen it but i immediately ran back to buy it, only to discover i was a few dollars short. went back to same friend, defeated, and without my asking she gave me the extra $5 i needed. ran back to the table to buy the print... only to discover the artist had just sold the last one to the person in front of me.

i was making my way back across the dealer's room to my friend and girlfriend, even more defeated, when this guy came running after me. i guess he saw me at the table and saw how much i wanted the print? but he pulls out a copy of it that he'd bought and offers it to me. i won't take it but he insists, i try to give him money for it and he refuses. gives me the print and disappears into the crowd.

i seriously almost started crying, it was so nice. thank you, mysterious stranger, for being an actual angel and allowing me to put that print on my wall right next to the matching one where they have been cherished
>>
>>8801256
No, Hostess shit is disgusting. Anon should bake her own cookies.
>>
I usually give my phone number to random cutes at cons but that's about it.
>>
>>8801286
There's more of a health hazard with home
made treats being handed out, as seen by >>8800603
>>
>>8801226
Hey I remember you last year with the fish purse! AZ right? I still have the wig cap I got from that.
>>
>>8800891
I gave out mini creme eggs when I cosplayed Popuri! I also had blue feathers but left them at home.
>>
File: fishseesall.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fishseesall.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>8801399
Yes, that was me! Still trying to think of what to do for this year since I no longer have the fish purse.
>>
I have a mlp blind bag problem, so I'm thinking I'll take the duplicates to give to kids next time I cosplay.
Having kids that barely pass my knees telling me I was a beautiful unicorn just made my whole con and it'd be nice to be a able to give something back.
>>
My friends and I are planning to do a Hatoful Boyfriend group, do you think nuts and seeds in cute little paper bags would be a nice thing to hand out ?
>>
>>8801619
Nuts I'm not too sure about since people could have allergies, but you can't go wrong with sunflower seeds.
>>
>>8801626
True, I didn't think of that (of course I'd tell people what's inside beforehand) Maybe sunflower and pumpkin seeds so there's a bit of variety ?
>>
>>8801639
As opposed to weirdo people dressing as fictional characters of their same gender?
Or weirder than using a trip code on 4chan?
>>
I've given out handmade Valentines the last few years I've gone to Katsucon! They're themed to the series I'm cosplaying from (and have my cosplay site on the back so if someone wants to stay in touch, they can!) It's always fun to see the smiles people get from getting a card.
>>
I always thought about this, but most of my cosplays don't have little things I could give away. For my Master Chief I was thinking little Cortana data chip cookies? Would that be interesting?
>>
File: baby+pokes.png (19KB, 411x149px) Image search: [Google]
baby+pokes.png
19KB, 411x149px
>>8800802
Print out something like pic related and cut out the individual mons to stick in the eggs. Maybe add some cheap candy too.

>>8800886
Taiyaki aren't very good cold, and it would be kind of messy and time consuming making your ow, plus food safety issue.. Go to an asian market and see if they have any candy or snacks shaped like them, I've seen those before. Though you would be my hero if you bought the ice cream ones (Samanco is GOAT) and handed those out. That would require you lugging around a cooler though.
>>
>>8801099
Major props if you print out the actual stationery designs to write them on.
>>
>>8801619
Do Calm Corn anon! Get Corn Nuts, and repackage them into little treat bags with cute ribbon. Sunflower seeds also sounds like a good idea.
>>
I once got a rose from a Marluxia cosplayer, but this was like 10 years ago.
>>
One year I attended a con that fell on Valentines Day. I was cosplaying from Letter Bee so I spent the afternoon just running around giving out Valentines. It was really fun, and people seemed to enjoy it.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaa.gif (945KB, 430x242px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaa.gif
945KB, 430x242px
>>8799760
Reading all of this is really cute and awesome but it makes me wonder if cons will become more and more like giant Halloween parties. That's seriously so creative and nice though.
>>
>>8799760
You best be handing out "Maybe Senpai will notice me now" messages.
>>
>>8802445
Doubt it. I got to a lot of conventions and maybe 1 out of 5 I'll get something from someone.
>>
I can't find the pics for the life of me but a few years back I remember someone cosplaying Luffy was handing out Laffy Taffy with the "A" in Laffy markered over to look like a U.
>>
>>8802373

The cooler might be worth it, Anon. It most definitely might be worth it.
>>
>>8799824
I didn't see him last acen. I hope he's okay.

Our perhaps I missed him?
>>
>>8799760
I remember a dude came to my school dressed as Obama and started asking people if they wanted some "change" before handing them a bunch of small Obama pictures.
>>
Once at anime north a guy coplayubg as lon'qu gave me a card after I took his picture. It said something like "ou ave achieved b rank with lon'qu!!" From the game. It was so cute.

A magi group gave me a hetalia figure from a treasure box they had lol.
>>
I'm going to be cross playing Eto's owl Kakuja form for a coming con and was thinking of giving out bookmarks (the bookmark part is flat and cut in to a minimalist depiction of various TG characters and in place of the ribbon there's a resin cast of the matching kagune). But I was planning on putting all my social media tags on the back of the bookmarks...I thought it would be a good icebreaker for photos when they hear a guys voice coming from a female character but Is that just a shameless self bump? Do people even find bookmarks relevant anymore?
>>
>>8801057
>
Omg that is amazing and creepy. I'd keep it forever.
>>
File: CW5SE0dUkAA3QIz.jpg (62KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
CW5SE0dUkAA3QIz.jpg
62KB, 600x438px
I got a ton of Tatsumaki keychains to hand out at a con later this year for when I'll be cosplaying the series with friends. I'm going to try and be in character and tell people that this is the only Hero they should care about.
>>
I don't do much cosplay, but I want to hand out rock candy to Steven Universe cosplayers at the next con I go to.
>>
Since my con's usually around Easter last time my friend cosplaying as Zero III from Zero Escape handed out easter eggs with rabbit puns in them. This year I think I'm going to hand out easter eggs with chibis of various Haikyuu characters in them as I'm cosplaying as King Kageyama.
>>
Bf and I are cosplaying Shoutaro and Philip from Kamen Rider W soon, and I thought about handing out any duplicate ganbaride cards I have but when I looked through them I realized I only have 3. I honestly thought I had a lot more duplicates, I don't know why but it feels stupid handing them out when I only have 3, so I probably won't do it. Maybe I'll do it sometime in the future when I have more to give.
>>
At kotoricon in nj i got the boulder badge from a guy cosplaying brock, i still have it.
>>
On the other end of the spectrum, completely the opposite of cute and thoughtful- when I was a gross highschool /b/tard, my friend and I cosplayed moot and WT Snacks and we handed out chips relabeled as AIDS.

I'm still embarrassed about my existence.
>>
This kind of applies to me, but I ran out of time to get my Clear cosplay (from Dramatical Murder) due to moving to another state literally a month after Fanime would take place, so I ended up just wearing my survey corps uniform.

Regardless, I handed out hand-made paper charms of DMMD characters I drew to other DMMD cosplayers, fans and artists who also had the same interests & stuff. It was a lot of fun being able to give back to fellow cosplayers and see how happy they got. I can't recommend it enough, it was the best way to spend my last year at Fanime.
>>
>>8799784
I cherish dumb things too for the same reasons. It's comforting to have a bunch of sweet gestures that you can look at.
>>8799875
Do it! They sound great. I'm sure people will love them.
>>
>>8799760
When I attended a Free! photoshoot with my friend, someone was giving out little Rei-themed valentines to all the cosplayers. They were in the shape of butterflies and had cute little messages on them like "perfect symmetry!". I still have mine clipped to a little picture holder haha. I love things like that and I think it's the cutest!
>>
>>8799998
I was thinking of bringing white balloons to blow up and tie to people or whatever haha
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 230x167px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 230x167px
>>8801187
>Next time I wear my Teto cosplay this summer I'll bring a few loaves of fresh french bread with me to share with people!

Ive been wanting to cosplay Vegetable Juice Miku in the summer and hand out Ito En Vegie juice! I hope I'll get to do it this year

I hand out buttons of the character I'm cosplaying, after they take my picture and say "I love your character!" or "theyre my fav!" I ask if they'd like a button, one guy was really happy over the gesture we reveled over our fav and made each others day

Its so nice to see this thread, it gives me life
>>
>>8801279
oh my god that's adorable
>>
>>8803734
GODDAMNIT ANON w-which con are you doing this at? I would love to get one in my Tatsumaki cosplay ;_;

I remember back a while ago, there was postman cosplayer from Loz handing out actual mail letters with zelda puns with them, they were actually funny and well thought out.
>>
File: s3dmg2Z.png (499KB, 1862x1536px) Image search: [Google]
s3dmg2Z.png
499KB, 1862x1536px
>tfw someone offers you a homemade cookie
>>
>>8807077
Oh dear.
>>
>>8807077
Someone said earlier in the thread that its always best to only hand out (and accept) pre-packaged stuff. Some con staff might be smart enough to be suspicious of you're handing out homemade things. I mean, I know the people I've worked with would.
>>
Last year at Nebraskon I cosplayed Nozomi from Love Live and I made a scouting box that had cards of the characters in it.
People would find me and ask if they want to scout or when they were done taking a picture of me I'll ask them if they want to scout and they'll blindly pull out a card and then it's theirs. I enjoyed watching people's reaction when they got their best or worst girl, haha
>>
>>8802891
I saw him! Still adorable as ever.
>>
Not at a con story, but still in cosplay.

A few years back I helped out at halloween party for elementary-ish age kids so I made a Mable cosplay and handed out cute stickers to the kids there. It was super cute to see kids go "You really are Mabel!!" when I gave them the stickers.
>>
>>8800081
>I'm not the kind of guy who gets free hugs, so it meant a lot to me.
>>
I was once at a group shoot of touken ranbu and this girl cosplayed as the saniwa or girl that makes abd tales care of the swords starts handling little charm keychains, those charms are used in game to prevent your swords for being broken during combate. Was a nice gesture
>>
A Kurama cosplayer from Yu Yu Hakusho handed me a fake rose and I lost it. If your character would canonically give out flowers, do it please, it's the cutest thing ever.
>>
When I cosplay Solaire, I carry a bag of "sunlight medals" to hand out to anyone who takes photos of me or poses with me. They're actually just plastic gold coins from a party store, but people seemed to appreciate the thought.
>>
>>8806938
Hah, I would love for us to hand out juice and bread to other people together!
I'll be going to Miku Expo in the summer, it'll be my first time going
>>
This thread has considering cosplaying Maya Fey just to hand out these. How has no one thought of this yet?
>>
File: 2015-12-31 16.04.16.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-31 16.04.16.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
OP here again. So glad this thread turned out the way it did. I'm considering handing out gifts with any of my cosplays from now on (so long as I can make them in time).

Pic related is the butterflies. Stencil for the text on the far left. everything after that is the creation process. My phone camera isn't good enough to get a pic of them glowing.

I've got a (tux) Yoko I'm considering making little drills for.

>>8800886
As a Kyoko fan (best Meguca) this is amazing.
>>
>>8800773
A guy in a wonder chef cosplay gave me a recipe when I found him.

A friend of mine cosplays professor oak, he asks you if you are a boy or a girl and hands you a little happy meal/ vending machine pokemon toy.
>>
Future cosplay that im going to do for youmacon this year: Going to go as El Presidente from the Tropico games and I'm going to print out a bunch of "vote Presidente or else!" fliers and give them out to people like I'm trying to get elected.
>>
>>8799877
This happened to me too!!

It's so nice when artists are generous like this, although in my case it was because the cosplay I was wearing was from a media source where the creator asked for people not to sell fanart of their work.

Giving out free prints from popular media like that since you can't sell it is a great way to attract business. I ended up buying a few other prints from them as well.
>>
always wanted to go as kk slider and give cds out to people who request songs but i cant play guitar.
>>
>>8806954
Sakura-Con
>>
>>8800593
>cosplaying CMOT Dibbler
marry me
>>
>>8812534
This is brilliant. Have you thought of making buttons that say that? I would love to be able to carry one of those around!
Actually, now you've got me going. I hope you don't mind if I steal this idea!
>>
I love it when people hand out relevant things to their cosplay. When I liked Homestuck, I cosplayed god tier Andrew Hussie and "proposed" to a Vriska at a meetup. I bought a bunch of cheap plastic gold rings with the intention to propose to every Vriska I saw, but I only ended up doing it that one time. On the other end of things, someone gave me a drawing of a horse at that same con.
I hope I can figure out another costume where I can give out small things. I love reading this thread and seeing the joy from others.
>>
>>8799877
I've done this! I think a fair number of artists like to do this too, especially if it's something small. I love giving costume/fandom-related gifts to cosplayers!

>especially if they cute
>especially especially if they cute as my husbando
>>
File: 12351231.png (721KB, 1000x1342px) Image search: [Google]
12351231.png
721KB, 1000x1342px
Make a guess
>>
I met and took a ridiculous selfie with a Gravelord Nito cosplayer at Anime North last year, and his friend/helper gave an eye of death. I still have it, I'm a huge Dark Souls fan, and I still smile about it everytime I think of AN
>>
>>8822214
>>
>>8799760
it's cute.
>>
Went as Saitama from one punch man to acen last year. Gave people Saitama masks if they recognized me. Good times! Hoping to go as licenless rider this year.
>>
>>8817604
Guess what?
>>
File: il_570xN.206189255.jpg (15KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.206189255.jpg
15KB, 450x350px
Maybe 8 or 9 years ago I was Chell from Portal.

I gave out little iron on portal cubes to people I talked to for more than a couple minutes.

Portal love was just beginning so it was nice to spread the love.
>>
>>8826160
You can do it, licenseless rider!
>>
File: IMG_20160122_043921_1645003722.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160122_043921_1645003722.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
This thread is so lovely, I've never had the idea to give something out in cosplay but I'm planning on doing it now! I'm gonna cosplay Gray from harvest moon and since he gives you jewelry once you get him to a blue heart in FoMT, I've decided to give out these blue heart necklaces I found on aliexpress. They're so cute, I'm excited!
>>
File: hpmcgbiscuit.jpg (69KB, 632x526px) Image search: [Google]
hpmcgbiscuit.jpg
69KB, 632x526px
One time I was McGonagall and I gave out English-style cookies (biscuits). Made a tartan tin and everything.
>>
Did an original costume of a war courier for Halloween one year. My mom was a teacher and I spent the day with her class. I handed out "mail" (envelopes filled with candy) to each kid and they loved them. I admittedly stole the idea from a Tegami Bachi cosplayer who was delivering letters.

I think handing out little items is so cute and fun, both to give and receive. I want to do it for another costume in the future but I can never figure out anything appropriate for my cosplays.
>>
My girlfriend is going to a con soon as Rose Quartz and I mentioned she should have CDs that look like Greg's and have all of the songs he has sung on it.
>>
>>8799772
Hah that's cute.
>>
Last year, a friend and I went around as Sadness and Joy from Inside Out. We handed out homemade cookies that Sadness had tinged blue. People were initially a little awkward about taking cookies but we eventually got swarmed.

An idea another friend and I had was at the jfash convention, we'd wear twin lolita and carry around baskets of flowers and hand them out to people with good coords.
>>
Once had a Hisoka cosplayer give me a playing card after taking a picture with him was kinda weird but I wasn't creeped out
>>
I went to a local con as the Wonder Chef from ToS a couple years in a row a while back, and got the idea to hand out recipes for my last showing. So two cookbooks worth of copying and cutting out later, I got a pretty good reception from giving people a random recipe out of the bag I had if they knew my costume/took a picture. Best part was when I found the Tales group and (besides the Raine actually pulling out a lemon dessert recipe) the Zelos there handed me a plastic rose, which I still keep on my desk.

I'm also super suspicious that >>8812452 (maybe even the Zelos in >>8800773) might have been there for it, but it was about three summers ago.

(I also had the habit of giving away my giant fork to strangers on the last day of the con, sometimes to squee-ing, to make room for the car ride back. But that's more a one-time big gift, though.)
>>
I remember a girl at Colossalcon who was Kagome and handed out "Sacred Jewels bubblegum". It was just those pearl bubblegum candies from Joann's but it was cute!
>>
>>8827567
I met a Rose cosplayer who did this! It was really cute.
>>
I was at con and a guy had a league of legends costume my friend told me and had those cute white sheep things with horns and tongue.He offered them to other girls in lol cosplays, my friend asked for one and we found out later these cute sheeps were cookies
>>
>>8799772
Both your idea and from no-face are so cute!
>>
>>8799897
At which con did you see them? I hope to run into them some time (if they still cosplay BB)
>>
>>8800910
This is fucking hilarious. I love it.
>>
I am planning to do Elsa and I want to giveout snowflake ornaments to people. As much as I like the idea, I was wondering what will be the best way to carry the gifts. I wanted it to suit my costume without looking too out of place, yet it's convenient enough to bring around.
>>
Didn't Adam Savage do a No Face costume and hand out chocolate gold coins too?
>>
I'm gonna be cosplaying a Hatoful Boyfriend character and I think it'd be cute to hand out keychains of the characters (bird versions). Now I just need to learn how to make keychains...
>>
>>8830184

>>8801619 anon here, who are you planning to cosplay ? Regarding keychains, I've seen a few tutorials around on making laminated ones, it seems fairly easy. Good luck !
>>
>>8830196
I'm going to be doing Nageki. I'll have to look those up, thank you! (The seeds in packs idea sounds super cute, by the way.)
>>
>>8830343
Thanks ! I hope you'll post pictures, I'd love to see it. I'm doing Nageki too, but the Absolute Zero/RPG version (maybe I'll try handing out glow-in-the-dark stars too, since Anghel refers to him as "Caller of the Phosphorescent Stars")
>>
>>8830348
You should do it, it's clever! Now that you mention it, I've never actually seen anyone cosplay his Absolute Zero design. It's pretty great that you are.
>>
>>8830358
The Absolute Zero versions seem to be pretty rare, but I've been talking about it with other cosplayer friends and we might manage to set up a group ! I think I'll try to think of little trinkets the other characters could give away
>>
File: 1400568619559.gif (458KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1400568619559.gif
458KB, 500x279px
>>8811678
This and gummy pizzas will be the end of me.
>>
File: 71Tr0AWBNcL._SL1500_.jpg (192KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71Tr0AWBNcL._SL1500_.jpg
192KB, 1500x1500px
>>8830079
Olaf plush backpack?
>>
>>8828662
That sounds fun! I remember one doing that at Matsuricon, I think it's the same girl.
>>
File: 794904-medic_etrian.png (123KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
794904-medic_etrian.png
123KB, 300x450px
Cosplaying Etrian Odyssey Medic (pic related) for a con soon
I was thinking of carrying around various small candies and giving them out, because her medicine bag is full of candy in some art.
>>
>>8801057
I also did a hell girl group - we had a custom stamp made so people could get the mark like they do in the show!
>>
>>8799772
i'm gonna do a no-face soon, and i bought little fake gold nuggets that look like in the movie.
i'm gonna hand those out.
also, that no-face you met might've actually been adam savage (if it was at comic con), he did exactly the thing with the chocolate coins.
>>
I love handing out small gifts/trinkets in cosplay! I think my first time doing it was way back in the day, when I cosplayed Stephanie from LazyTown; I would give out apples to people who I overheard were hungry or tired in the halls. More recently, a friend and I did Banjo and Kazooie and we gave out small 'jiggies' with gold-wrapped candies taped to the back.

For ALA, I've got a handful of small star keychains I made to give out in my Mettaton cosplay.
>>
File: aqua.jpg (21KB, 277x341px) Image search: [Google]
aqua.jpg
21KB, 277x341px
For one of the cons I went to an awesome immortan joe cosplay player gave out water with joe on it and it saying aqua cola. super cool
>>
Next week at a UK con (so not very big) I'll be stuffing my face with lollipops all day as Castra so I'm gonna offer them out to pretty much anyone and everyone!
>>
I really want to cosplay Tina from Bob's burgers and hands out mini gummy burgers and copies of various butt-tastic fanfictions featuring Jimmy Pesto and Zombies.
>>
Question for everybody who's done this before! I bought about 18 buttons I'm going to hand out a convention as part of my cosplay (King Koopa of the Mario Movie), and was wondering how you guys discriminated how you guys handed these out?

I was thinking of just handing them out to people who I spoke to for a while or related cosplayers (like actual Bowsers) but since I have such a small amount and haven't done this before, any advice is appreciated.
>>
>>8835986
I only handed them out to people who recognized my character. A total of 87 Saitama masks handed out.
>>
>>8835986
>>8836502
I also generally only give out things to people who recognize the cosplay/take pictures, and sometimes if people give me something, I'll offer whatever I'm giving out (usually candy) in return.

Usually if I have a conversation with someone, they get a treat out of it, haha
>>
I'm thinking about handing out something cute when I do my cafe maid cosplay idk though. Any ideas on what I should hand out? Candy?

Should I only hand out to the people who know what I am/liked my cosplay?
>>
I cosplay Sadness from Inside Out and I've been thinking about handing out something like little round candies and saying they're memory orbs. Anyone have suggestions as to what kind of candy I could get or what else I could hand out?
>>
>>8836736
I'd suggest buying something like single-color gumballs or Sixlets from an online candy shop so you can specifically get colors corresponding to the emotions. Temptation Candy is a good resource to start with!
>>
File: Napoleon.jpg (315KB, 919x517px) Image search: [Google]
Napoleon.jpg
315KB, 919x517px
>>8836736
I don't know if these are readily available to you, but over here we have a candy called Napoleon. Little, round hard candy with a powdered centre, traditionally lemon flavour but there's now also "fruitmix" and "tropical" variants. If you've got time to order it, maybe consider these? Picture is the tropical variant.
>>
Im going to be a Payday character soon and I was thinking a small bag with a few fake diamonds and a playing card, but im afraid people will just shrug and trash them. Ideas?
>>
>>8836792
I'd suggest only handing them out to people who recognize who you are/what you're from, like >>8836502 and >>8836523 said.
>>
>>8836845
That sounds like a good idea, thanks!
>>
>>8836736
Gumballs can be ordered in individual colors online, or check your local candy store or dollar store for big bags of them.
>>
>>8830927
You could have little vials of medicine too, just have water with food dye, flavored water, fruit soda, or if you're feeling adventurous and not actually at the con, you can use fruit flavored vodka.

Although security may be weirded out by all the vials.
>>
>>8836792
What character are you thinking of going as?
I'm interested in doing one, partly because it's pretty easy.

But yeah, it would be pretty cool if you could get cards made after the cards in the perk decks.
Also anyone that actually recognizes your character is bound to cherish an accompanying item.
>>
>>8836743
>>8836757
>>8836955
Thanks guys! I have a few months until I'll be going to another con so I'll definitely have time to order. Hopefully this goes as well as it has for others who have handed out stuff!
>>
>>8836968
That's a good idea! I was already planning to bring some as props, but now I think I'll do that as well.
>>
>>8837021
Awesome!!
Report back and tell us how it went! Pictures would be a plus too.

I don't think I've ever seen an EO cosplay yet.
>>
File: komasan.gif (1MB, 540x293px) Image search: [Google]
komasan.gif
1MB, 540x293px
I want to cosplay as Komasan and hand out his little medals to people, but I have no idea where to get them en masse.
>>
>>8837202
You might be better off making them yourself
>>
>>8837211
good point. Maybe printing out a bunch of images of his coin and then sticking them onto circles of cardboard. He does have like five medal designs, so I could make a grab bag of medals. The idea just hit me as I posted.

Thanks, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 350x497px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 350x497px
My dream is pic related and Atomic Fireballs
>>
File: ampoule_clear_cb_open.jpg (16KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ampoule_clear_cb_open.jpg
16KB, 800x600px
>>8837021
I have a big box of 144? (roughly) 1mL ampoules I got from work (they were going to be thrown out and I took them for crafting but have not touched them since). They just need to be filled and sealed which you can do with heat if you're interested in taking them.
>>
What can I hand out as Hanayo? I would love to do onigiri but they're too big and messy.
>>
>>8799760
One time I was cosplaying Asuka and Gendo and Yui gave me a button that read, "roses are red, violets are blue, I'd destroy the world just for you." I really enjoyed the experience.
>>
>>8836975
Im going as Wolf for MAGfest. Its super easy since I already own everything but a plate carrier and a mask. I ended up deciding on fake diamonds and burn cards. I'm seeing where I can get custom cards on the cheap and if no high res of the burn cards are out there I'll just mock up an image.
>>
>>8799760
Not with cosplay but at shado when it landed on halloween, me and a few friends bought a fuckton of candy, walked the entire con twice and handed out candy to everyone. Even the hotel staff.
>>
>>8837557
Thank you for the offer, but I bought a large box of plastic vials just a couple days ago!

I originally wanted two or three, but they only came in bulk and now I'm really glad.
>>
>>8837611
Make fake ones? Like tiny plush or clay keychains.
>>
I think it's cute, i'd like to do it more, i cosplayed Len kagamine and me and my friend who did rin gave out banana and orange flavored candies to those who took our picture people seemed to enjoy it.
>>
Me and my brother are planning a Mario and Luigi costume for a con the theme this year is 16-Bit games. I wanted to give out something for fun. I went on Aliexpress and found little plastic mushrooms. Then I realized it would probably be bad if con staff heard people talking about a Mario handing out Mushrooms!
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1781x2092px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1781x2092px
>>8841250
What about something like stars? You could get a sheet of star stickers or some little plastic ones and tell people they're super stars.
>>
My friend and I are farming reroll accounts for LL and we're making an Honor's Scouting box to bring with us for days we cosplay from Love Live. On the back of the SR/UR cards will be the transfer code for an account with that UR (with the chance of multiples/idos) or idolized SR with additional SRs.
We're having a lot of fun making the envelopes and getting the cards looking just right.
>>
>>8841250
World market has little tins of stars and mushrooms with candy in it. Or just gold star stickers could be fun
>>
>>8799998
That's genius. May I possibly use that idea for Wondercon (I'm probably going to go as Miller with a MGSV group)
>>
I was Black Mask from Batman for Katsucon 2014 and I handed out Hershey's Kisses in a plastic cauldron on Valentine's Day. Katsucon takes place at National Harbor in Maryland on Valentine's Day weekend. I also gave people little Valentine's slips with Frozen valentines pictures on the front and jokes on the back. I wrote stuff like: "I don’t do lovey dovey Valentine notes, so here’s Elsa Derping!.", and "I don’t do kissy kissy goo goo notes, so here’s Godzilla face-palming!", and "I don’t do romantic little notes, so here’s Boba Fett riding a Jet-Ski!", and finally "I don’t do cute adorable notes, so here’s, eeeer, something cute and adorable!". The cauldron said Sionis Industries and each back was signed by Roman Sionis, who is the Black Mask. Looking back, I still love what I did, but that is a Deadpool move now that I look at it. Ill be Deadpool for this year's Katsucon.
>>
>>8841250
i think stickers of stars is a good idea, or coins!
>>
You guys have really inspired me. I'm going to cosplay Tsumugi Kotobuki soon and I think I'll hand out Hostess cakes or cookies. I'm excited!
>>
Last year at Fanime, there was an Oscar from Dark Souls cosplayer sitting around a fake bonfire with a Big Hat Logan cosplayer and a few other randos. I stopped by and after sitting with them for a while, he broke off a piece of a large block of chalk he had and gave it to me as some soapstone.
>>
I am going to be dressing up as human form Luna and want to give some small things out but not sure what. Any idea gulls?
>>
File: gifts at sakuracon.jpg (211KB, 1044x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gifts at sakuracon.jpg
211KB, 1044x1200px
I had a couple of cosplayers give me little gifts.
All being at Sakura-con though-out the years.

First gift I ever got was from the cutest little girl cosplaying Sakura.
I asked for her picture and she was SO EXCITED and posed with such enthusiasm clow cards in hand. I was walking away and she came running after me and presented me with one of her clow card.
I just about cried it was so cute. I still have the card, just lazy to pull it out for pics.

Another year I saw this guy wearing a t-shirt with homemade little microbes from Moyasimon (the yellow ones, I forget what they are). I don't think many recognized that anime yet. When I stopped him for a picture he was so surprised I knew, and gave me one of those little guys of his shirt.

The only other little gift I got was from a Hinata cosplayer. She was really in character, it was so cute. I asked for a picture and she shyly agreed after the picture she handed me a little flower she was carrying around. Adorable as fuck.

>>8847036
It might be cute if you gave out little tiny bags of those konpeito candy.
Or little baggies of moon and star shaped glitter
>>
>>8847082
the yellow things were oryzae
>>
>>8847086
Thanks Mate.
Even though I started watching it... I never ended up finishing it.

whoops.
>>
File: DSC09329 (2) (Large).jpg (150KB, 719x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09329 (2) (Large).jpg
150KB, 719x1080px
I got this at ALA. This cosplay was so good. He also handed me a candy and Stanbuck. How OoC but I still love it.
>>
File: DSC09332 (2) (Large).jpg (141KB, 1622x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09332 (2) (Large).jpg
141KB, 1622x1080px
>>8847370
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.