[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 42

File: ap.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ap.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
New general

Coord help thread >>8791454
Cof thread >>8792395
Dream dress thread >>8786704
Wardrobe thread >>8759616
Price check thread >>8768105
>>
Which shopping services bid on mbok aside from Chibitenshi, Toykopirates and Japonica?
>>
>>8799350
Fromjapan
>>
File: id pls.jpg (90KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
id pls.jpg
90KB, 700x700px
I can't find this dress on lolibrary, all I know is that it's baby, and google translates it to Shirring Side Ruffle jsk. If anyone could ID it I'd be really grateful! Thanks
>>
I am so glad that I don't like this print. Normally I am a total sucker for AP's food prints or donuts in general, but this one seems weirdly flat and clip-art-ish. Watching the bloodbath from afar should be entertaining.
>>
Okay gulls, I'm a beginner who has had a few years of being on the outside looking in (and doing copious amounts of research, don't worry) but I want to get into lolita finally.
Only problem is, I love gothic and sweet equally, and I'm not sure where to start. I think it would be easier to start with one substyle then branch out once I've built my wardrobe a little. My dream dress list is half sweet, half gothic, so that doesn't narrow it down at all.
What would you recommend doing?
>>
>Didn't listen to cgl/btb critic, got what she deserved
>>
>>8799369
Get the basic items first (petticoat, blouses, socks, shoes, etc.) - White blouses and socks can work with both sweet and gothic, as can black blouses and socks (sweet does come in darker colors too, after all). If you prefer sweet prints in black colorways those will probably be easier to incorporate in a sweet/gothic wardrobe than pastel colorways. Like I said, start off by getting basic pieces in neutral colors that will be versatile enough for both styles and work your way from there.
>>
>>8799369
Some will jump at my throat for suggesting it, but why not start with bittersweet? At least you can use black blouses, shoes and other stuff for both styles, even though some styles of blouses and shoes are pretty substyle-specific.
Gothic and sweet are both main styles and equally easy to start out with. I'd suggest gothic, because it's more mature and less costume-y so a beginner will probably fell more confident in it. But that's just my personal opinion.
>>
>>8799372
"Brother, help me!"
"Long live the Queen"
>>
>>8799363
How much of a bloodbath will this be? Will it be scalped above retail afterwards?
Are there any news on other AP releases?
>>
>>8799372
It's that girl who calls herself "Nicolai" on the top?
>>
>>8799386
>>8799384

Thank you both! I wish I liked sweet prints in black colourways as that would be super convenient. There isn't much overlap between the two styles in my dream dresses, but I actually have all the basics already (should have clarified that) but I think I'll start off with gothic like >>8799386 said, to get used to it, and then branch out. I'll be moving from my small home town in a year or so, so I can build up my wardrobe in both styles and hopefully be a fully fledged lolita by then
>>
>>8799399
Good luck, anon!
>>
>>8799398
Yes, he is.
>>
File: e_twilight_iphone.jpg (154KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
e_twilight_iphone.jpg
154KB, 500x500px
Can anyone tell me details about this? I'm unsure but it sounds like it'll only be released at an exhibit? http://kira.main.jp/2015/8384/
>>
>>8799398
It's a man yo
>>
>>8799408
It doesn't say specifically that it will only be sold there, but considering that it was made for the event, there's a good chance that it'll be exclusive to it. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help.
>>
>>8799409
Any prooves?
>>
>>8799418
He says so himself, and sounds like one as well. What do you want us to do, take a naked picture of him?
>>
>>8799349
Latest AP prints are just ugly as fuck. Looks like they've hired a new artist. I'll miss their whimsical and coquettish style.
>>
>>8799418
He's a trans man if that satisfies you
>>
>>8799372
Can you please stop your self posting? It's pathetic.
>>
>>8799372
So tryhard, please stop
>>
>>8799408
god i want this so much
I'm guessing getting a SS to go to this event and buy one is a no-go?
>>
File: 16-01-06-17-31-57-301_deco.jpg (434KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
16-01-06-17-31-57-301_deco.jpg
434KB, 1280x960px
After 6 years of waiting i can finally start lolita. And asshole parents can't do shit about it this time. I got these two beauties for 110$ shipping fee included i feel so happy. I want a small old school and versatile wardrobe.
What do you think gulls?
>>
>>8799535
It's a good start! Not a bad price either. Go, anon! Live your dreams!
>>
>>8799535
Good choices young one
>>
File: weh.jpg (82KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
weh.jpg
82KB, 399x600px
>>8799408
>no 6+
Whyyy, I thought you asians loved big ass phones.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 640x640px
>>8799386
>bittersweet
>>
>>8799372
Sauce on that black dress?
>>
>>8799395
>not sure, most lolitas don't seem too hyped but food prints are almost always in high demand
>yes definitely
>magic princess print or something? there's scans floating around of another Spring print
>>
>>8799567
Moitie, I believe.
>>
File: top right corner.jpg (101KB, 936x887px) Image search: [Google]
top right corner.jpg
101KB, 936x887px
Does anyone know the dress in the top right?
>>
>>8799560
Don't they all love flip phones still?
>>
>>8799369
-pick between off white and white, don't try to do both right now
-get 2 pairs of black shoes-- a sweeter pair and a gothy pair, OR a delicate pair and a loud pair.
>>
File: image.jpg (569KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
569KB, 1920x1080px
>>8799578
It's this from my KERA. Hope it helps!
>>
>>8799636
Thank you, it's gorgeous and I don't usually like putumayo!
>>
>>8799535
The left one looks like some dingy "loliable" dress that sat at Goodwill for 15 years.
>>
>>8799663
> Karami JSK from glorious BABY burando
>dingy loliable dress
Bruh
>>
>>8799535
Good taste there
i have the left one in black and it's super versatile i used it as a sundress in summer.
Old school is the tru way of laifu
>>
>>8799560

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. I see so few 6plus cases in Japan...guess I'll just need to get a 6s when my upgrade rolls around.
>>
>>8799560
>>8799751
>mfw I have a Samsung

Why do japanese stores ignore People who want to have their phones for reasonable prices.
>>
>>8799767
>tfw motorola
I feel you anon
>>
>>8799767
Japanese people worship apple sadly and most don't know any better.
>>
>>8799767

I had a samsung phone for awhile and actually loved it, but I caved to the cute phone case pandering and eventually got an iphone.

I got it with an upgrade on a low cost plan, so it wasn't super expensive, but I feel you.
>>
>>8799386
Don't worry anon, I was thinking the same thing, or taking inspiration from pastel goth.
This board just hates it because of the type of people that usually goes for those styles--the ones who are trying SO hard to be unique and edgy that they wind up being annoying and immature.
It's not like the outfits actually look bad. At least, that's how I interpret the situation.
So basically if the anon looking to choose a style isn't an annoying brat about it and does the style well, it should be fine.
>>
>>8799349
Is this about to release? I haven't kept up because I'm so broke, but maybe I should know just in case I can pull something off last minute. What will the date be, do we know?
>>
>>8799636
Diff anon coming in to say thanks. This is the first release from Putomayo that's genuinely impressed me.
>>
>>8799663
how new are you?
>>
>>8799767
because kawaii burando apple phone > boring gaijin offbrand phone
>>
>>8799812
the issue with bittersweet is that it's an unnecessary and inaccurate label, not that the look itself is somehow bad.
>>
>>8799433
Agreed. These days it's beautiful art, but they look so busy and ugly from far away. Just bad overall design, BTSSB can make successful clusterfuck prints.
This new donut print looks so much like the pic related donut quilting cotton at Joanns that I've always liked, but had the common sense to not make a dress out of. I cannot unsee this dress as some ita Etsy shit. I denied that it was AP when the tea party photos came out, but what do ya know.

>>8799535
Beautiful, anon! I'm so excited for you.
>>
>>8799767
Look at korean sites instead
>>
>>8799535
Good job Anon, you're off to a great start! Be the best lolita you can be!
>>
has anyone washed MMs non-print dresses in a washing machine? any tips??
>>
File: jellyfish0102-500x300.png (186KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
jellyfish0102-500x300.png
186KB, 500x300px
>>8799554
>>8799554
>>8799743
>>8799957
>>8800035
T-thank you anons!!
I will be the very best lolita
(Like no one ever was)
>>
>>8799535
Most lolitas should probably start off their wardrobe like you. Simple, easy to coord with other things, and generally timeless. I think you should keep up with this, honestly.
>>
>>8799663
anon are you fucking serious
>>
>>8799663
>not recognizing the Karami series which has been rereleased how many times now
anon have you seen Kamikaze Girls
>>
>>8799350
>>8799353
FJ but be careful, last time I did it you have to use the "shopping service" feature instead of the yahoo auctions one. Unlike their yja bid service it isn't live and it takes a bit for your bid to go through (maybe like 30-60 minutes?) I know they updated their website so IDK if it's changed at all but be aware that there is a delay when requesting a bid. I'm only mentioning this because I know a lot of people use FJ because of the live/direct bidding.
>>
>>8800118
I've put my Farutetto JSK through the machine. Stuck it in a large lingerie bag and put it on a delicate cycle in cold water. Came out great.
>>
>>8799636

Woah this is a beautiful putumayo dress, what the hell.
>>
>>8799369
I am the same and I was in your shoes about a year ago. The other anons gave some solid advice. I definitely started out buying a few sweet prints in dark/black colorways just so I could use items more broadly but overall, however you plan on buying main pieces, at least just make sure you have things in your wardrobe that are suitable for it. If you have a super gothy bell-sleeved blouse in black and then try to buy like, sugar dream dome in pink, then you're gonna need to invest in something more suitable like a sweet oriented blouse. Buying things that don't go with your current wardrobe isn't a total no-no as long as you just make sure you get items that you can wear it with. I definitely don't recommend just buying pieces willy-nilly as a new lolita though, esp if you're someone that has to budget and plan out purchases (a mistake I made which is something that prevented me from getting to wear the fashion cause I had so many partially finished coords or things that didn't go together)

There's also some prints that could be coorded sweet or more gothic, so you could look into stuff like that too. (I'm thinking some of the brints baby and AP does, i.e. their halloween prints)
>>
>>8800226
They occasionally do nice stuff. It's just often buried under the mall gawth punk rawk shit.
>>
File: yer a lolita harry.png (187KB, 387x588px) Image search: [Google]
yer a lolita harry.png
187KB, 387x588px
Bit of random question.
I recently left a HS teaching position. I'm also the admin of my lolita coom and want to invite one of my former students, who showed interest in the fashion, to join.
But I really feel like a creeper doing so and I'm afraid of any possible backlash that might come with it.
Should I do it or not?
>>
>>8799663
You are either a newbie, a troll, or just jelly anon got this dress.

Good job on your first pieces though, anon. How old are you btw?
>>
>>8800241
You said you left the position, are you still in any way affiliated with the school? How does the school feel in general about teachers interacting with students?
I graduated high school 2 years ago and have friended teachers on FB, have had teachers friend me, and I've seen teachers hanging out with old former students even having a beer with them.
Personally I don't see anything wrong with it but I also do not know about the policies of the school you worked for. I also don't know the student - are they going to be the kind of person to go "Hey @ all 400 of my facebook friends, check this out, it's Ms. ____ dressed up like a weirdo!"?
>>
>>8800254
lol, most of my students had seen me in lolita for special events that were more "socially acceptable" some even started calling me Ms. Kawaii. The school is kinda strict on student interaction but mostly when its male to female.
I graduated from that High School so I'm affiliated in that way.
>>
>>8800241
I have a few of my teachers friended on Facebook and it hasn't been weird. But that's because we're not creepy and stalking each other's profiles. If you left the school, I don't see why it would be a problem. As long as you maintain an appropriate relationship with what I'm assuming is a minor, there's no harm.
>>
>>8800241
Eh,it can be a bit weird to see a student in a different situation but not creepy. If you are in contact with them sure, but dont like randomly find them just to ask if they want to join. Now that you are not attached to the school you have more to work with.
>>
>>8800241
Make sure you're not affiliated with the school at all anymore in any way, then invite them. There's really nothing they can say at that point.
>>
File: c70.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
c70.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>8800252
>>
>>8799661
>>8800226
>>8799826
No problem, here's some actual pics of it worn I think.
>>
>>8800241
My master/cooperating teacher had a rule that she wouldn't become facebook friends with her students, former or otherwise, until they were 18 and graduated. Might be good to wait until either you or both of you are no longer affiliated with the school, just to keep it safe.

It's most likely not a big deal, but I guess that also largely depends on your community/context/etc
>>
File: 144801-m-05-dl.jpg (18KB, 345x437px) Image search: [Google]
144801-m-05-dl.jpg
18KB, 345x437px
I own pic related and after washing the lace has begun to curl up along the edges. Is Innocent Worlds lace safe to iron?
>>
wtf is a flash sale?

http://innocent-w.jp/onlineshop/en/sale.html
>>
>>8800241
The schools I work at are very strict about teacher and student interactions. I can't be alone in the room with only one student and I can't touch them under any circumstances. I'd be afraid of doing anything with students outside of the workplace just because the US is so lawsuit happy nowadays.
>>
>>8800555
like a quick sale. some prices are reduced more than usual
>>
>>8800555
Read the news on the front page, they put the sales page up for a couple of hours at an assigned time of the day.

>>8800545
If it's curling after washing, it's probably a cellulose fiber of some kind (rayon or cotton). Iron on low temp to see, you can use a thin fabric (like a pillowcase) as a pressing cloth.
>>
>>8800555
It says the sale page will be available only for a specific set time during the day (12pm-2pm Japan time). It's well past 12pm right now and the page is still down so I'm not entirely sure what's going on.
>>
I paid for my Innocent World order (a lucky pack) 2 weeks ago and still haven't recieved any news about shipping. Should I start being concerned? I know they're busy, but this is taking much longer than the other times I've ordered from them.
>>
>>8800645
I believe on the site it said they would ship mid January. Im waiting for the same thing.
>>
>>8799896
>unnecessary and inaccurate label
I'm aware this is the general consensus, but why? Why can't we have a name for a way of dressing? Just because there are too many sub styles as is?
>>
>>8800680
because it's literally sweet lolita in a black colorway. It's not any different from the rest of sweet lolita. It annoys me when I post sweet outfits in black and people call it "bittersweet." It's like calling pink-yellow-brown coords "neapolitan" or some shit. It's unnecessary and snowflakey.
>>
>>8800680
Is there something about 'bittersweet' outfits that make them unique enough to warrant a new name? They're just sweet outfits in black/dark colorways, aren't they?
>>
>>8800646
Omg not that poster but thank you, I have been trying to find that info
>>
>>8800680
not that anon but bittersweet just refers to black sweet lolita. the thing with bittersweet is you can take a full set coord in say pink and use the same pieces in black and call it bittersweet, it doesn't make sense. it's much more than a change of color to change a style.
>>
>>8800689
That is not what bittersweet means, anon...
>>
>>8800545
you can try drying sandwiched between a towel.
>>
>>8800694
Please explain what it does mean, then.
>>
>>8800694
are you thinking of creepy cute? because it is. do your research.
>>
>>8800696
Bittersweet refers to mixing dark colors with light colors for sweet prints. Ex: Atomic Cupcake in Black, Milky Planet in Black. Those would be bittersweet. An all black coord is just Kuro, regardless of it being sweet or not.
>>
>>8800699
I don't think anyone said anything about all black coords though, just sweet in black colorways.
>>
>>8800705
You can have sweet dresses that are all black, that doesn't make them bittersweet, there has to be a contrasting color
>>
>>8800709
you misunderstood people's explanations anon. Sweet in black colorways is just sweet. Bittersweet is not a thing.
>>
Omg the dollar is down compared to the yen AGAIN today :'( it's at 115.5 compared to 117.5 yesterday and 120 before Christmas. Just a warning for you guys. I probably should've waited to pay that invoice but I like to pay right away
>>
>>8800709
I get that, what I don't get is why colorful sweet prints in black need a special label. Not trying to argue or anything, just legitimately don't understand the point.
>>
>>8800715
Because they just look dumb and need a dumb sounding name to accompany
>>
>>8800694
Bittersweet is not a thing. I didn't fully understand styles, either until I started trying to branch out from classic and sweet into Gothic. The laces are different in each style, the cuts are different, things look very out of place if you try to wear sweet wrist cuffs with Gothic. It's pretty noticeably different. But with """bittersweet """ you just wear the same shit with no difference
>>
>>8800555
So is IW going to do these flash sales instead of just a regular winter sale?
>>
>>8800718
And notice how white gothic coords doesn't get a different name. The term bittersweet started as a joke but then some people took it seriously.
>>
>>8800718
this +100000000
>>
>>8800699
no anon i meant if you take milky planet+ accessories in pink and compare it to milky planet+ accessories in black, what is the difference other than BG color? nothing. a darker colorway doesn't change the whole style, it's still the same coord, besides this term originated on egl back when dumb gaijin thought that sweet couldn't be dark since styles weren't clearly defined here yet due to lack of info.
>>
>>8800685
Ah, I see what you mean now! Though, there are names for wearing certain colorways. But you're right, it's not a style then. Just a colorway.
>>
>>8800715
It just has a different feel to it. I would never be seen in pastel vomit, too bright and embarassing. But I recently bought Sweetie Violet in navy because some pastels in a mited color are ok.
>>
>>8800718
Nobody thinks it's really a style, but rather a certain nuance of sweet.
>>
>>8799636
It looks like something from 3F which makes me cringe as their stuff is terrible quality
>>
>favorite petticoat commissioner just opened slots yesterday
>went to check it just now
>all of her slots are already full and she won't reopen again until feb1st

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Also: Decent a-line petticoats that I could receive in under a month, anyone?
>>
>>8800776
Careful not to cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>8800812
Who? I ordered from melikestea and she did it pretty fast even with the holidays. Haven't gotten it yet so can't review anything but speed of commission. Shipping was super expensive so I'm hoping it's worth it now that I keep seeing brand pettis for sale
>>
>>8800812
My favourite petti at the moment is from The Black Ribbon. She has a bunch in stock right now I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>8800827
>melikestea
That's the commissioner I'm talking about. On her fb page she says her slots are full and she won't be doing more until feb 1st.
She shipped to me pretty speedy.
I have her "poof monster" cupcake petti and I love it. The quality is amazing. I wanted to order an a-line from her, but well...

>>8800854
I'll look into it, thanks anon.
>>
>>8800685
>>8800686
>>8800689

See, I'd say it's more than just sweet in a black colourway. You can incorporate "edgier" (for lack of a better term) accessories, like those cute studded headbands, more punk/gothic shoes. Bittersweet done well, to my mind, is more like a modern iteration of punk lolita that is based in sweet lolita rather than standard punk.
>>
innocent world, here we go
>>
>>8800892
So creepycute? Gurokawaii? Pastel goth?
>>
>>8800892
That's not what people (aside from you apparently) mean when they use the term bittersweet, though. Bittersweet is literally just your typical cute saccharine AP lolita but in a black colourway. What you described sounds more like creepy cute or pastel goth like >>8800901 said, which are not necessarily lolita but can be incorporated in a lolita coord.
>>
>>8800901
Someone might give me shit for this (so take it with a grain of salt) but
creepycute - pastel goth with bats and eyeballs but in that weird cutesy art type way.
pastel goth - that pastel dip dyed hair look with like melty neon tights and pastel shorts, that type of thing. Probably also those cross motifs.
Gurokawaii - pastel with bloody stuff or straight up gore, blood on face, or even latex special fx make up accompanied by pastels or light neons as well some OTT stuff, like that guy who had a porn mag stapled to his jacket.
>>
>>8800776
>sweetbitch
topkek.

>ON TOPIC STUFF:
do you guys buy directly from wunderwelt? has this been asked before?
>>
>>8800892
What you mean is what most of us WISH bittersweet was, not what it actually became.

What most people use it to mean is sweet AP prints that are pastel on black, used in a sweet outfit that is pastel and black.

I think most people here would prefer it to refer to lolita in the style of Suppurate System's Dark Decadent Tea Party, sweet with an edge and sometimes guro-leaning tendencies which isn't that easy to do well (in the same way that most ero lolita is a huge fail).

>>8800916
Yes and yes
>>
>>8800929
Not this anon but what about the shipping fees? And for closet child? Is it better to ask a SS to not get custom taxes (fuck living in belgium)?
>>
>>8800959
A SS will definitely be cheaper overall to dodge european customs, both wunderwelt and CC use EMS shipping which in my experience ALWAYS gets customs fees.
Wunderwelt has a guide on their site, you pay for the items first and then the shipping fees.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>8800929
>>in the style of Suppurate System's Dark Decadent Tea Party
>mfw Suppurate System is kill
>>
>>8800986

Didn't they just up and stop shipping orders for no reason? I always wondered what was going on internally for that to happen.
>>
>>8799427
>What do you want us to do, take a naked picture of him?
Of course no. I'm just curious and hopeful that someone confirm my guesswork about dysphoria.
This >>8799449 satisfies me.
I don't judge him or really care at all. But warning about pronouns at all his accounts made me laugh and irritated a bit. I've noticed that only trans people are crazy about this.
>>
>tfw dream dress comes in the mail
>waited a month for it after all delays
>try it on
>it... doesn't look good on me..
>not because of fit or anything, just don't feel it suits me that well
>help, dreams broken ;_;
>>
>>8800959
>>8800960
wait hang on, do people get hit for second hand items? If the parcels are correctly marked to show that the items are not new, I don't think they should be charging you customs. I live in a country where they go fuckin batshit about customs, but I've ordered tons from CC and other JP second hand sites and never been hit with customs.

For reference, I once ordered two sweaters totalling something like €50 including shipping from the US and got charged €25 on them. Had the same with some small items from Bodyline, too.
>>
>>8801103
Yuuup. Most of what I order is from CC (and lately WW) and I get hit with a ~45% charge of the total item+shipping cost practically every time. I live in the Netherlands, for reference.
>>
>>8801076
I think it might just be what it looks like through the mirror or something might be off a bit with your coord? take a pic and put it into selfpost/coord help, see what people think. most things can be made work with most bodyshapes, you might just need a bit of shapewear or smth
>>
>>8801076
Oh anon, I'm sorry. Did you try wearing it in a complete (or semi complete) coord? Maybe it'll look better incorporated in an outfit rather than tried on on its own. If that doesn't work and it really truly doesn't suit you then that really sucks.
>>
>>8801104
Holy shit anon, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's pretty ruthless. The only time I ever heard of someone getting hit here for second hand stuff was when a girl ordered one really expensive MMM dress from Tokyo Alice and they didn't bother marking it as used, as far as I know she got destroyed with customs. Do you at least have the odd time where you mightn't get hit, or is it every single time?
>>
>>8801129
Welp, just re-read and saw you said practically every time.
>>
>>8800241
Given that our hobby is called 'lolita' I would be inclined to agree with >>8800544
If they find the community by themselves, accepting their application to join seems fine, but perhaps don't invite them yourself just in case.
>>
This is what Meta posted for their Vintage Cameo re-release.

*Just one dress per customer per order.
*Just one Hair Accessory per customer per order.
(Hair accessories include Half Bonnet, Ribbon Barrette. Either one of these hair accessories.)
*Just one pair of tights per customer per order.
This limit order is valid until 0:00, Jan. 10th.
Arrival date of the 2nd pre-order: June 2016

Originally, it was going to be a lottery system. Now this. What is going on?
>>
>>8801104
This is why I ship all my orders, even CC stuff, via Tenso. It works out cheaper to pay the extra $20 for Tenso processing and be able to mark down my package than cover the customs fees I'd be getting hit with on a direct shipment from CC.
>>
>>8799485
>>8799408
Gulls, who wants to share SS fees for going to event/buying this cases? Preferrably gulls with good feedbacks at least somewhere (ebay, lm, egl or else)...
>>
>>8800563
>I can't be alone in the room with only one student
dafuq. things have really changed since i've been in school man.
>what are teacher and student meetings?
>what is the student simply waiting in the room and reading until class starts, while the teacher finishes reviewing things or whatever?
>what is staying behind after class to chat with the teacher, even just to ask about grades or shit?
>>
>>8799408
I really want the phone case too.. for my non existent iPhone. Can I make it work somehow? Shave off some plastic of the case?

I feel like an ita right now asking about how sew a lolita skirt.

;_;
>>
>>8799401
Thank you!

I'm making my first purchase today, I'm struggling to use the payment screen of wunderwelt though. I'm using a tutorial but it's a bit old. Oh well, I'll work it out
>>
I'm really curious to see pictures of the same dresses with different petticoats to compare. I'm not sure if there is enough to discuss to start a new thread about perltticoats tough? Do you think certain cuts and prints look better with an a-line or cupcake petticoat and why? Which 'big' brand has the prettiest petticoats?
>>
>>8801738
petticoat threads tend to die pretty quickly, there's often not enough discussion. You could post stuff about pettis here!
>>
>>8801580
Off topic but, there were a ton of news stories about teachers fucking students, lots of people went to jail and now we crazy rules in our school system.
>>
>>8800900
I really hope this flash sale thing isn't going to take off, it's ridiculous. I love Innocent World but not enough to jump through time zone hoops for them.
>>
>>8800715
Ask her.
>>
File: 1436829060276.jpg (99KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1436829060276.jpg
99KB, 375x500px
>>8801816
>>
>>8801738
I really think that some skirts are cut to fit a bell-shaped peticoat and some to fit an a-line petticoat, there's nothing to discuss about it. If a skirt is a rectangle, wear a bell-shaped petticoat, if it is tiered/A-shaped/full circle then wear an A-shape.
>>
>>8801150
Jesus this sounds AP-tier. They must be expecting a lot of orders.
>>
>>8800916
I used to but got tired of getting ripped off, their prices are too damn high
>>
I accidentally listed something on Lacemarket as an auction instead of BIN, and the bids are only starting at $1. Is there any way to fix this in time? I know LM is MIA on FB. I already reported my listing but I have no hope.
>>
File: Honey Honey - Cat Astronomy.jpg (46KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
Honey Honey - Cat Astronomy.jpg
46KB, 440x330px
Does anyone know what's happening with this print, or if it's even still happening at all? Preview of the print was released a number of months ago (back in october i think), and then nothing since...
>>
>>8801855
Well, I'm pretty sure listings aren't binding on lacemarket, so you wouldn't really "have" to honor it, although it would probably result in bad feedback, if it doesn't get fixed. I'd just say, message anybody who bids, explaining the problem, and hopefully they'll understand and not leave bad feedback?
>>
>>8799408
>not 6s plus

suffering
>>
File: 81rC8Wg4opM.jpg (142KB, 586x960px) Image search: [Google]
81rC8Wg4opM.jpg
142KB, 586x960px
>>8801865
Seen these pictures, but nothing more so far. I hope my SS will email me as soon as this dress is released.
>>
>>8801874
Perfect ravenclaw dress
>>
When are the Castle Mirage and Sweet Cream House Special Sets coming out?
>>
File: CYD2wynUMAAoy_Q.jpg (87KB, 599x797px) Image search: [Google]
CYD2wynUMAAoy_Q.jpg
87KB, 599x797px
Newfag here... What is the name of the dress on the top?
>>
File: CUFrcWZVAAALv4I.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CUFrcWZVAAALv4I.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>8801886
Sweet Devil
>>
>>8801895
Thank you, Anon!
>>
>>8801867
Ugh I'll message the person who bid but that's pretty unfair. I have flawless feedback that I earned by being a good seller (keeping up communication, offering layaways, sending little gifts, etc). Never had a problem with how LM was neglected/run until now.
>>
>>8801912
i would message them to explain, maybe create a sock account to bump up the bidding to your bin price and edit the auction description? that way you're not on the hook for bad feedback if the auction ends with/without any real bids.
>>
>>8801983
I messaged the bidder but haven't heard back. Hopefully she's not mad.
The sock account is a good idea as a last resort, thanks anon. It's probably against the rules but I feel if the mods don't respond in 7 days then it's warranted. I would edit the auction description but it won't even let me do that.
>>
>>8801874
aw i hope this isnt released only in this cut, keeping my fingers crossed for a skirt or more standard jsk
>>
File: dday2-405x248.jpg (11KB, 405x248px) Image search: [Google]
dday2-405x248.jpg
11KB, 405x248px
>>8801835
I know. >_< I'm going to wake up early to jump onto this bloodbath. This is going to be a clusterfuck. I'm betting Chinese lolitas might rage even more if the renminbi is devalued within the next 7 hours or sells out fast.

After that, I'm going to wait an additional 5 months for the order to arrive. Meta may have a hot print on their hands. Please I want it so bad.
>>
Did /cgl/ get linked somewhere? I'm seeing an awful lot of "newfag here" today
>>
>>8802176
rufflechat but that's the usual so
>>
>>8800545
After washing, try 'blocking' the lace, that way you don't have to risk heat with an iron. Gently stretch and shape it flat while still damp and then lay to dry. You can leave a book with a washcloth on top of it to keep it flat, if you wish.

>>8800713
Yeah, I'm worried about this. Praying that by the time I go there in the spring it won't be way lower...
>>
>>8801150
No black, no collar JSK, no buy.
So bummed I couldn't afford to BIN the one that was on y!j for a reasonable price.
>>
>>8802305
Tbbh, I like the print in rouge. I can deal with wearing it in rouge even though I prefer it in black.
>>
>>8800645
My order shipped today.
>>
Anyone else get Enchantlic's lucky bag? I just paid for mine and I'm pretty stoked.

The FB has two banners and some hints about gothic and roses. If we get this print in the bag I'd be pretty stoked.

If anyone got the Japan-only version earlier, I'd love to see what you got!
>>
File: 239187-640-2014-12-14582581.jpg (21KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
239187-640-2014-12-14582581.jpg
21KB, 280x373px
Does it annoy anyone else how AP calls these socks "toe shoes"?
>>
>>8802655
Have you not heard of ballerinas?
>>
>>8802660
The actual shoes aren't called toe shoes, you simpleton.
>>
>>8802664
How do you feel about
>jiffies?
>>
>>8802664
Where are you from? They are in several languages. Including English. Dumb bum.
>>
>>8802672
"Jiffies" are different than "toe shoes".
>>
>>8802674
Toe shoes is like the retard name for pointe shoes.
>>
>>8802677
Doesn't mean that it isn't a term frequently used. And typically kids use it.
>>
Has anyone else signed up to Baby's email updates only to find that they're stupidly sporadic. I've had two in the past week but before that had nothing for like four months. Is there anyway I can get updates more often other than having to check the site every single day?
>>
>>8801103
Happens in the UK too. I got my stuff marked second hand and quarter of the value and still paid customs on the marked value. Couldn't really get it lower without looking suspicious because of the box size
>>
anyone up? Seem to can't get on Meta's website.
>>
>>8802694
It doesn't want to load up. Damn it meta, all I want are those tights
>>
>>8802696
I want a dress, bonnet and tights. ;_;
>>
>>8802698
And OP is out of stock already!
>>
>>8802703
Where2order? All I'm getting is coming soon.
>>
>>8801983
Do you have a friend with an account?
Ask them if they'd bid the buy it now price and not actually buy it.
>>
File: meta.png (945KB, 1464x900px) Image search: [Google]
meta.png
945KB, 1464x900px
>>8802704
Their releasing it item by item to Gold/VIP members first. If the item is gone from the coming soon page then it means that is no stock left for normal customers to buy. This means that you'll have to pray to mana for a opportunity or message them afterwards begging for more stock you dumb fuck.

Read the goddamn ordering terms and conditions- it's plainly stated.
>>
>>8802715
Somehow I got bonnet and dress in cart. Trying to get tights.
>>
>>8802704
If you're not a VIP member you have to wait until tomorrow to order with the rest of us plebs
>>
>>8800713
fuck you yanks and you're exchange rates. the aud isn't too bad compared to the yen atm but noo...you guys still have to screw us over
>>
High waist sold out, fuck.

And my window wasn't open yet.
>>
>>8801530

I'd be up for it! I'm in South Korea though so that may complicate things.
>>
A package of mine from MLD was unexpectedly shipped via DHL, and when I checked the tracking this morning, I was told that my package was undeliverable due to my address information.
I contacted them and had to give them basically all of my info, so hopefully it can actually be delivered. I have to sit around all Monday, though, so that my package doesn't get left on my doorstep.
Is this common with DHL? Also, does MLD always use them?
>>
>>8801886
why don't you people use the dumb questions thread?
>>
>>8802655
This is such a dumb thing to be annoyed about. It's a Japanese brand, please accept not everywhere in the world people use the same words as you.
>>
>>8802655
I really don't know how to wear these sorts of socks. I have two pairs but I feel like they always look strange when I wear them with shoes. It's probably just my head thinking it looks weird and I'm over thinking things, but is there a specific sort of shoe you're meant to wear with them?
>>
>>8802677
What the fuck, they call them toe shoes? What kind of pidgin is that?
I'll bet it's in America.
>>
I've been out of the country for a little while. Did Angelic Pretty have an end of the year sale yet?
>>
>>8802997
Seconding this. Maybe show a pic of when they look best. I always assumed they were for fairly plain shoes and the socks make it look like there was more to them.
I've seen Japanese girls use them when they're in there home and don't want to take pictures with their shoes on inside. They usually give the illusion at least something is there. Maybe that's why they're called "toe shoes"?
>>
>>8801129
In Spain they don't care if your items are second hand, they rip you off with taxes. The only solution I've found is not shipping things with EMS but SAL or other cheap mail services.
>>
File: img20090203_3_t[1].jpg (19KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
img20090203_3_t[1].jpg
19KB, 240x320px
>>8803061
>>8802997

They don't seem to be anything special. I'd say I like them best when it's with tea parties (or shoes with a lot of straps that look like tea parties) the same colour as the shoes portion of the socks. That way the "ribbons" printed on the socks blend in with the shoes, but clearly they're not mandatory.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (9KB, 176x249px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
9KB, 176x249px
>>8803087

Sorry for the small images
>>
File: 20080907_458852[1].jpg (51KB, 240x427px) Image search: [Google]
20080907_458852[1].jpg
51KB, 240x427px
>>8803090

Last one. Matching shoes and socks again.
>>
>>8802620
I put in an inquiry for one. I am not sure if they sold out yet or not.
>>
Hello seaguls.
I had a friend that was leaving lolita and because I always admired it from outside offered to buy some dresses off her and I ended up with for of them. Its been two years they stayed hidden in the closet but this year I will try to finally start in this fashion. I'm almost certain they are indie brands, I just wanted to know if someone could tell me if they have a name?
>>
File: IMG_20160108_190041.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160108_190041.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>8803321
Pic related, thank you very much!
>>
>>8802968
>please accept not everywhere in the world people use the same words as you

this, jfc
>>
Ugh I fucked up, guys. Everything I wanted from IW lately came in M (medium length) and L(long). I ordered the size L lucky pack because of this and now have a blouse, shorts, and jsk that are quite large. Hopefully I can sell a couple things. I'm such an idiot
>>
>>8801855
You can edit your listing or just delete it.
>>
Has anyone here had any success using dye markers? I just received an old school black piece and some of the cotton lace is starting to turn green unfortunately. It's a velvet cotton piece so I could in theory dye it, but I'd rather not risk dying the entire thing for a little lace, nor have to take things apart and dye it separately. Had anyone tried this?
>>
>>8803323
Brand is White Moon, it's from Taobao. I don't know the name of the item, unfortunately.
>>
Does anyone know what the sizing is like on Toy Parade? It says the bust goes up to 110, is that true
>>
>>8801580
Sorry for the delayed response and polite sage for ot. If a student needs to talk to me and we would be the only ones in the classroom, we have to talk in the hallway. I could also get into trouble if a student touches me (hugging or high fives for example). It's ridiculous how many pointless rules have been added in the last few years because of some teachers and students having relationships and because parents are quick to turn anything into a legal matter.
>tfw I just want to do my job in peace because I love working with children
>>
>>8803378
Try trading first. Many people might like a larger size, especially if you list the max measurements.
>>
>>8803533
If it's the semi-recent rerelease and its fully back shirred it'll go up to 105ish, that's when AP's sizing became a lot more forgiving but the shirring isnt as stretchy in those older releases as it is now.
>>
>>8801580
Yeah, I had a band teacher in HS who was really nice and all, but often it would just be the two of us in the classroom. He was all very er, hands on, like holding your hand while teaching you a marimba part, awkward arm touches, awkward hugs....I didn't think much of it until one of the other students said he was checking me out.
>>
>>8803533
I first had it when I was about 108 in the bust and it was really fucking snug where it was difficult to get on or off. If you wear a binder, it shouldn't be too bad. It fits best at 100 and of course under.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 723x509px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 723x509px
>>8799349
sorry if this is unusual

I've been interested in Lolita fashion for about 8 years now, and a while back (5 or so years ago), I had made some purchases related to it.

the problem is, I had some issues come up that caused me to lose all self confidence and most aspects of my life went to shit(weight gain, stuff like that). recently I've been gaining back some confidence and passion and I want to get back into what I stopped. that includes Lolita, but I have no real starting point.

I'm losing weight and intend to when I get back down to a weight that I feel is comfortable, I plan on becoming a full time Lolita. I want to be able to talk to people about Lolita, but I'm not sure where I should go for that due to my crippling social retardation.

is there anywhere someone could recommend that I go to do that? what online communities should I look at where hopefully someone could understand me being a fucking retard at interacting?

sorry again if this is nonsense, please have a shit picture I drew
>>
>>8803607
I've found many lolitas (in my comm at least) have some form of social axiety, depression or anything else that isn't wuite accepted in society. I would suggest just going to a meet or join your local comm's FB page. you'll find some people you can connect to and might even understand your problems
>>
>>8803624
I don't have a face book, I used to but I disliked it so much I had to stop. I literally have no friends, because I'm very shy. I didn't always act like this, but unfortunate stuff happened.

trying to branch out though. one of my problems is my weight, for now none of my Lolita I used to wear fits and it will probably be some time before it does. I suppose now I'm looking for someone to talk to online about Lolita, as a starting place
>>
>>8803628
If you have a tumblr or a throwaway email, I'd be willing to talk to you. I've been struggling with weight for lolita as well. I will admit I'm much newer to the fashion however so I'm not sure if that will be a problem or not.

Either way I wish you luck!
>>
>>8803660
my tumblr has absolutely nothing Lolita related on it currently, but you're welcome to contact me there, it's snowwhitespacecadet

please be warned, it's just a few of my crappy drawings
>>
>>8803666
That's fine! Neither does mine. I'll contact you shortly
>>
>>8803557
more OT, sorry, but my high school forbade teachers using the students' bathroom. 37 teachers and 2 bathrooms, you can bet the lines were ridiculous during breaks. I'm waiting for when they forbid the Friday high fives tradition that we started and has been going on for 2 years now..

did anyone here start wearing lolita in high school? I just can't really picture it myself since in my high school everyone who wasn't a borderline alcoholic, pothead or partygoer was excluded hard. I used to wear fairly plain fandom shirts and I was fairly universally excluded based on that alone
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 426x640px
I love this but also feel like it'll come off as "I'm obsessed with asain culture"
>>
>>8804167
I love it except that print. Unless you're going for a meme wardrobe. This kung fu panda print would be a great complement to your doge Salopette
>>
>>8803378
Would you mind posting or listing the stuff you got anyway?

I feel like Medium and Large sizes are fairly popular with IW anyway, so I don't think it should be too hard to sell them.
>>
>>8804167
I feel like I need this for Chinese New Year, but I don't know if I'll get it in time.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452322099317.jpg (88KB, 600x842px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452322099317.jpg
88KB, 600x842px
British Bear is getting an MTO yessss
>>
>>8804326

Why this and not chocolate rosette. I'm honestly shocked. Was this really that popular?
>>
File: _20160108_134648.jpg (3MB, 4326x2887px) Image search: [Google]
_20160108_134648.jpg
3MB, 4326x2887px
>>8804243
I posted them in the b/s/t but here's my LM, I put up both main pieces. It's fucking depressing, neither is my style and both are too big for me anyway when i measured them. Cute stuff, just not at all what i was expecting (hydrangea print, rose prints, solids). Make offers if you don't like my prices. http://www.lacemarket.us/author/leigh99/
>>
Why does it take months for brand dresses to arrive?
>>
>>8804369
Because God doesn't love you.
>>
Does anyone know any of the measurements for Angelic Pretty's Whip Factory jsk? They literally did not release any information for the sizing and now I am a bit scared to find out that my dress won't fit cause of boobs.
>>
>>8804326
I had a feeling that AP was going to announce something big around now but I was expecting a sale or a Chocolate Rosette MTO. This just came out of nowhere.
>>
>>8804326
I'm really debating getting it in red. But then I'll own both AP british bears in red and IW british bears in red. I feel like that might be too much tartan bears lol.
>>
>>8804407
If you like it, get it. There's no rule that says you can't have too much of one theme/print/design in your wardrobe. You can get AP's British Bear in another colorway if you really want to mix things up a bit but imo you should just go with what you like best.
>>
>>8804326
Oh wow all of the dresses on my wishlist are getting new releases or MTOs.
>>
File: 12301514_5683765289f5b[1].jpg (242KB, 427x600px) Image search: [Google]
12301514_5683765289f5b[1].jpg
242KB, 427x600px
Annnnddd the AP LP release is over. Everyone got what they want? The site was really smooth, I guess because we're not fighting with the Japanese lolitas.
>>
How accurate are IW's measurements for boleros and cardigans? IW's size M fits me nicely when it comes to dresses and blouses but their boleros' bust measurement is very small in comparison, even in size L. Seems odd that outerwear would be smaller than blouses and dresses and I want to make sure the measurements are accurate before I spend money on something that might not fit.
>>
>>8804433
I did! also found the site really smooth. 10/10 AP.
>>
>>8804442

The ones with smaller measurements are usually the ones made from stretch knit material. Those do look better when they're a little form-fitting rather than loosely falling off, so they might have purposely made the bust smaller to make the bolero look better when worn.

I wear L size with a 92cm bust, it does stretch to fit me okay. One thing I'd advise is to sew a metal hook and eye onto the bolero when you receive it, that way the bolero stays shut and you won't get that awkward thing where it looks like you're too big for the bolero, but in reality it's just the ribbon coming undone.

If it's not the stretch knit material, though, then I'd certainly be wary of smaller measurements.
>>
Shouldn't APUSA get the ChocoRosette dresses by now? They didn't take so long with holy lantern.
>>
>>8804468
Thank you, anon!
>>
>>8804475
They've already had their Chocolate Rosette release weeks ago.
>>
>>8804497
Yes and I'm waiting for them to get my dress from the JP warehouse and ship it to me. My HL dress arrived at their store a week after.>>8804497
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 480x640px
I think this new AatP release is really pretty. Color scheme reminds me of luminous sanctuary.
>>
>>8804509
wow that's beautiful
>>
>>8804326
i want the green OP so bad but i live in socal and its hot as fuck here normally.
>>
>>8804326
i just want the stupid bears
>>
>>8804326
Fuck, I wish it was chess emblem. They came out at a week of interval, wew. But I guess British Bear was more popular in the east as they already released in super exclusivity a yellow and a pink colorway..
>>
>>8804326
>asks ap for chocolate rosette mto
>gets British Bear
but honestly the op in white is on my wishlist so im conflicted on whether i should buy this or hold out for a Chocolate Rosette mto that most likely will not happen
>>
File: Capture.jpg (58KB, 542x582px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
58KB, 542x582px
>>8804326
Maybe they got wind that there's going to be replicas of it soon.
>>
>>8804326
Anyone know how long it's lasting? My next paycheck doesn't come for a while.
>>
>>8804610
i think it's until the 14th
>>
>>8804614
Well, that sucks. Maybe I can buy it cheaper secondhand now, at least?
>>
>>8803713
I started wearing lolita in high school actually. I'm a senior now, and I started out my sophomore year. Honestly, there are so many kids at my school that cliques don't usually happen, so theres not really any way for me to be excluded, if that makes sense. If people wanted to exclude me, that is.

I get some weird looks from other kids in the hallway and rarely some assholes laugh but I just don't give a shit. But, just as many other people enjoy it. I've been asked to take pictures with people a couple times. Teachers love me, but there's this one specific hall monitor that makes weird remarks when I pass him. I just avoid him though.

It'd be good to note that I don't wear it every day, only about once or twice a week.
>>
>>8804532
The dress is not made of a thick fabric at all. It only looks heavy.
>>
>>8804500
Also waiting anon. This is why I normally avoid AP USA.
>>
I'm really curious, for those of you that don't take mirror shots, do you have a friend to take photos of your coords or do you use a tripod?
I post a lot of mirror coords but feel like they look bad compared to non-mirror photos, but I don't really have enough space indoors to set up my tripod and stand far enough back from it to take a useful photo. Is it common to have people take photos for you?
>>
>>8804720
Most people will either have one of those remotes with a tripod or a friend to take those pictures. Mirror shots can be nice too though!
>>
>>8804500
I received mine recently. Maybe send them an email?
>>
>>8804720
You lose a lot of details in mirror shots imo. I don't like them unless your mirror is huge and the lighting is great.
I don't ask other people to take my photo anymore because I always want them to take like 12.
My room is pretty small too, but I use a tripod with a smartphone holder attachment to take easy coord shots (protip: face the screen away from the holderthing so you don't have to lift it up very time). I usually set it up at shoulder/eye level then angle it down a bit. I also point a flexible desklamp at my self and diffuse the light with a tshirt. If your room is still too small, you can always put the tripod on your desk or bed or something.
>>
I'm surprised that AP JP's site still has Merry Bunny and Castle Mirage's OP available. I thought for sure all items related to those prints would be sold out. Think they'll go on sale in a few months or should I buy them now?
>>
>>8804720
If you don't have enough room to take a full body shot, you can always use your mirror pic in conjunction with some detail shots. Like set up your camera far enough back to just take a picture of your shoulders to your knees, your feet, etc. So you can convey a sense of what the outfit looks like together and also give some details
>>
>>8804657
Not anon you replied too.
I had no idea it was chiffon... it kind of bummed me out.

Oh well money saved.
>>
>>8804780
>chiffon
you dense motherfucker no one said it was chiffon and it doesnt even look like it. use lolibrary for fuck's sake.

[Material]
·Original Print Biella (100% polyester)

[Lace]
·Tulle lace

[Other]
·Satin ribbon
>>
>>8804758

Probably too soon. Might go on sale in June.

The AP prints that survive bloodbaths do tend to hang around, so if you want to wait until after the sale is over just to be sure, I think it'll probably still be around. This is just my expectation though, might be wrong.

>>8804780

It's not chiffon. Not all polyesters are chiffon material.
>>
>>8804739
Oh really? Maybe I should, but I'm not in the US so maybe that's the reason.
>>
>>8804850
Yeah I'm located in the US. I mean it doesn't hurt to try?
>>
>>8804888
I'm a bit cautious, I've heard 'problematic' customers won't be treated nicely by Linda.
>>
Does anyone know from where that bag is from? I need it in my life.
>>
Secrets
>>
I finally just got my Twinkle Doll set. It's really cute! The headbow is a little plain, but I especially like the blouse and OTKs.
>>
Anyone else having a problem accessing bodyline website?
>>
>>8805194
Yup
>>
Gulls, I don't know what to do. For my birthday, I was going to get money to go to Baby in NYC to go shopping and have a day out with my boyfriend. But I checked lace market for my dream dress today, and there it was. Listed for how much birthday money I would be getting. Do I buy my dream dress or go to Baby, get something a little less expensive, (and probably) like a bit less, but have the experience of buying something in-store?

Ughh, I'm torn.
>>
>>8805334
Get your dream dress. The experience of buying something in-store is exciting and all but not as much as buying something you actually want. You can always go to Baby to browse, and maybe pick up a small accessory of some sort if you really want to buy something there.
>>
>>8805347

Thanks, anon. My boyfriend saw me freaking out and said he would front me the money for it, I could pay him back when I can, and we can still go to Baby. ;_; I was on the verge of tears. Especially because he's kinda skeptical of Lolita. He said it will make me happy and that's all he wants. ;_;
>>
>>8804326
How did the last MTO's work with withdrawing money? If I remember with the Holy Lantern ones, it didn't take money out of your account until the MTO closed.
>>
File: 1380698715131.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1380698715131.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>8805334
>>8805376
>got just enough money for Christmas from my parents to pay rent that month
>nothing from my bf
>haven't been able to buy lolita in years
>see this post
I'm so fucking jelly it hurts
how does it feel to have everything I want
>>
Are the Castle Mirage and Sweet Cream Housr sets going to be in the AP USA store too or have I missed them already? I know they had Twinkle Doll and Whip Factory already.
>>
>>8805421
Trust me anon, I'm broke as a joke. I work paycheck to paycheck, that's why I was trying to figure out how best to maximize my money. I moved out of my parents house a year ago, and in with my boyfriend. Since then, the money struggle has been real.
>>
>>8805420
No they will take the money out then, I got charged like 2 weeks later in October if I remember correctly.
>>
>>8805421
Same, anon. Same.
>>
>>8805334
If your dream dress doesn't pop up often then I would get it
>>
>>8805420
>>8805556
It was immediate when I placed a MTO with AP last month. It was so sudden that my brokerage called me in the middle of the night asking to verify a charge to a fashion boutique in Tokyo. Of course I wanted to take advantage of the zero foreign transaction fees of my credit card.
>>
>>8804326
I'm conflicted on whether or not o get this...I really like the print but I'm just unsure if I want to spend the money right now.

Come June when the mto gets shipped what do you think the secondhand prices will be/how easy will it be to find?
>>
Does anyone wanna try finding me on omegle? I need new frilly friends to talk to so if you just type lolita into the interests bar on text mode maybe we'll bump into each other.
>>
Most dresses sit short on me, so I avoid saying I'm wearing lolita fashion. I like the way it looks and don't intend on wearing an underskirt. I will just say it's a maid/military/whatever-themed style.
If say lolita: "uhhm, das too short to be proper lolita"
If say it's something else: "Uhhm, das lolita"
How do I win?
>>
>>8805870
i mean how short are we talking here? just because something sits short a few inches doesn't necessarily mean it's not lolita unless it's like, mini-skirt length. just means that it's a bit short. honestly I don't really mind things that are little short on people as long as they're wearing legwear that covers up any exposed leg.
>>
>>8805888
We're talking really short. Some go mid-thigh with a petticoat and other dresses I don't wear with a petti at all because they reach an inch or two below my butt(I swear it doesn't look bad. The waist ends up under the bust and it turns into a cute babydoll dress)

>cover up any exposed leg.
Yeah, I don't do that unless it's really cold. Just the usual otks.
>>
>>8802620
>>8803181
Just paid for mine. The packs aren't sold out yet if anyone is debating.
>>
>>8805850
Good...... Luck with that one, kiddo.

>if troll to get others to do this, then the most brilliant post
>>
>>8805922
I found out pretty quickly that most people that type lolita into interests mean the OTHER kind of lolita

So I typed in cosplay, cgl, and anime as well. I did manage to find a few seagulls.
>>
Really need help cgl. Can anyone recommend me a non-printed, tonned down but still elegant dress in dusty pink? I'm lost since I never wear pink but it's for a weddin. It doesn't matter wich brand, even if it's taobao or stuff like that. Thank you!
>>
>>8805937
http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/phone/product/89556
http://www.wunderwelt.jp/products/detail2984.html
http://www.wunderwelt.jp/products/detail1628.html
Too lazy to check LM or Y!J right now but literally every other Mary Magdalene dress is simple and pink
>>
>>8804800
>>8804806
LOL serves me right for taking FB seriously.
I had not even checked, but some gals in lolita updates, (who I assumed own it) were saying it was chiffon.

I did not fact check, my bad.
Still kind of a bummer fabric choice.
>>
So I went to see "The Forest" today. Anyone else notice RinRin Doll and a few other lolitas in the background the beginning?
>>
>>8805870
I mean, who's saying this? It doesn't really matter.
Just call it "my outfit" and then people can decide for themselves what they think it is. It's better to just not to call it lolita fashion if it doesn't fit the silhouette.
And if someone says "isn't that a lolita outfit" you can say, "well, the dress is from the lolita brand ____" or just "it could be considered that"
I get you, I love the ZR+poofy skirt look.
>>
>>8804509
It's really gorgeous but AATP's cuttings irk me so much. This looks like it'll cut off right at the boobs and the lace looks like boob drapes on a boob shelf.

The other jsk cut splits the print off in the middle which sucks.
>>
>>8805870
>>8805913

There's tamielove, whose main thing seems to be (a) do gyaru and lolita, so anons are always confused whether it's a lolita dress in a gyaru coord or not, (b) be very, very well-groomed, gorgeous, and rich, so anyone bitching comes across as sour grapes, and (c) tags her outfits as ero-lolita, so it's okay for her skirts to be short, (d) has a solid lolita cred because she's been posting "correct" lolita coords to daily_lolita since forever ago, so her lolita cred is pretty much unassailable even when she choses to cross lines.

If you can't be all those, you might have to accept that some lolita somewhere out there is going to take personal offence that you're making their precious burando look slutty. But, if you're not in a lolita comm, not running an online business where online shittalking could ruin your rep, then I don't see what you're worried about. Let the haters hate, just cover your tracks so your future employees won't find that shit when they google your real name, and go do your thing.
>>
>>8805913
Are you 7ft tall or something? That's way too short
>>
>>8805786
Other MTOs sell for at least at retail, if not, higher. Cherry Marguerite, MBP, Dream Marine, Celestial etc. for example - those tend to go for retail.
>>
>>8804326
I just want my goddamn cinema doll
>>
>>8806121
Maybe she's fat and the waistline sits on or just underneath her boobs.
>>
>>8806250
Seconded. In all the colourways.
>>
>>8804509
I love the cuts and the print. It would have been perfect, but... the colourways are all really fucking ugly imo. They should have gone with elizabeth bride of death's colouring, especially on the black JSK. The black + red + orange combo looks like something fanplusfriend or some cheap taobao brand would come up with.
>>
>>8806324
What orange? Aren't the frames gold?

>>8804509
Beautiful, I just wish the human figures weren't so prominent in the print
>>
>>8804326
wait this is going to be an MTO? I thought it would be just a regular re-release?
>>
File: P12SK503-01-480x480.jpg (91KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
P12SK503-01-480x480.jpg
91KB, 480x480px
>>8804509
I love it in this colorway but the fabric looks so wrinkly and cheap around the hem. Do you guys think it will look less wrinkly and thin in the darker colorways? I don't want to have to iron my clothes every time I sit down.
>>
>>8806147
I think the only MTO that won't be at least retail will be holy lantern, I would be incredibly surprised if it holds retail.
Btw. Celestial goes for much more than retail, I think it's even the most expensive of all MTO second hand.

Thinking back, what did MTos did we have so far?
Day Dream Carnival, Cosmic, Celestial, Cherry Maguerite, Merry Berry Princess, Dream Marine, Holy Lantern and now British Bear. Did I miss something?
>>
new thread >>8806381
>>
>>8804326
I can't fucking believe it. Every time I skip a release it only goes up in cost secondhand, then when I do jump on it, it becomes devalued. I just spent 47000 yen on this and might still have customs /import tax/vat/extra shipping on top. I paid $500 for gardenberries even... Why do I always get fucked?
>>
>>8806074
I was going to see that!
I'll keep an eye out for them if I end up going
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.