[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The couple that cosplays together stays together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: morticia_addams_picture_jpg.jpg (37KB, 400x315px) Image search: [Google]
morticia_addams_picture_jpg.jpg
37KB, 400x315px
Do you believe in this?
Can love really bloom on the convention floor?
>>
Obviously partners who shares common interests are going to stay together longer than those who don't.
>>
>>8797737
If you're both interested in cosplay then I think it's a fun way to bond as a couple. You just have to figure out how to split the work up on the cosplay so that one of you isn't overwhelmed while the other sits back and does nothing.

But overall it's pretty fun. I taught my SO how to sew and make props and now we have a bunch of cosplays we're going to work on together.
>>
My past partner and I pretty much only had cosplay in common. Not a reciepe for success, I'm telling you.

Current GF and I met at a con and we've cosplayed together a few times and I love it. OPs pic is kind of goals if we stay together during the year; Morticia is gorgeous and she'd be super hot as her. I'm not so sure about me and moustaches, though, lmao.
>>
>>8797737
No, it's common interests, compromise, and not being an idiot who makes pointless threads.
>>
My husband and I technically met at a con. We were friends online for a while before meeting in person though. Usually we cosplay from the same series together unless it's hot or we're burnt out.
>>
File: 1444386528724.jpg (36KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
1444386528724.jpg
36KB, 500x737px
I'm not much of a cosplayer myself.
My experience with it was having a Zutaran exgf that saw ourselves in them and love to roleplay as them in bed.

When I finally agreed to the cosplay thing with her it meant the world to her.
>>
>Tfw met bf on 4chins
>finally got him to agree to cosplay with me
>so excited

I've never really couple cosplayed before, and we're not cosplaying a couple(Garen and Kindred from LoL), so idk what to expect really.

It'll be his first con too.
>>
>>8797737
Such a superficial thing to say. A relationship takes so much more than just common interests; you have to work as a couple and manage to live together, agree on important life choices and make many compromises.
>>
>>8799238
A sense of safety with the other person. Mutual interests is just a false indicator of respect, the idea that the other person will understand you because they understand some things that you like. When literally any baka 8yo can watch pokemon and read a harry potter novel.
>>
File: family cosplay.jpg (53KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
family cosplay.jpg
53KB, 500x667px
this is my wife and I with our daughter. we're not Professionals, but we have fun dressing up a little at the yearly 'Cons
>>
>You just have to figure out how to split the work up on the cosplay so that one of you isn't overwhelmed while the other sits back and does nothing.
THISSSSSSS don't be me. Met my bf of 4.5 years at a con and became close due to cosplay. As time went on I became the one responsible for making everything, so by the time a convention would come around I was exhausted and finishing everything in the hotel room and he'd just ditch me to go enjoy the con. So he ended up making tons of cosplay friends, and I ended up feeling too dejected and shitty and used to socialize.
Now I'm married to someone who has no interest in cosplaying. My craftsmanship is a lot better now that I can focus all my effort on one project at a time, but I really miss doing couple cosplays.
>>
>>8799336
Cute!
>>
>>8799365
Same. My current relationship partner has no interest in cosplay. If I wanted us to do a couple cosplay, I would have to do both costumes, but I don't want to make him uncomfortable either. He's said he's game for a couple cosplay, the trick is compromise and being respectful of the other's feelings.
>>
I'm going as Sabrina, the psychic Pokemon gym leader. Girlfriend is going as a modified Gengar. Shit's going to fun! Planning & getting everything together was the opposite of stressful. If anything, it was a bonding experience.

Also worth noting that I go to two cons a year & this is her first.
>>
I read a story once about a couple that met back in the day at a Star Trek convention. I think she was from France and the guy was American so the only language they spoke to eachother for a while after they first met was Klingon.
>>
>>8799336
so adorable! And a baby cosplayer in training.

I met my bf through okc, he had up a pic of him in a dante costume so I messaged him. I had zero pics of me on my profile (especially not in cosplay, that is a magnet for pervs), but I sent him my cosplay site and we're still together almost 5 years later. We both go to cons together all the time. Cosplay love is best love.
>>
>>8797835
This. Currently I'm the one who does 90% of the work as my so likes cosplay but only ever did bought. It's frustrating and stressful. Trying to find ways to include them in making stuff but at the same time I set really high standards for myself and don't want to wear a puckered seam ill fitting garment. I'm thinking although couple cos are fun we might have to put a limit on them and he can just do his own for a bit. I'm just tired of carrying somebody so often that the hobby has become a burden.
>>
Me and my gf are planning on a few different toon couples (Star and Marco from Star vs for example), but while I'm more experienced and skilled, I can't really cosplay girls due to dysphoria. And for most couples, the girl characters are definitely more complex (again, compare Star and Marco)...

If we lived closer to each other, I'd be able to help her out more, but as it is we've a five hour train ride distance. I'm trying to help her by suggesting materials ans techniques and similar such instead. Oh well, she'll make an adorable Star anyhow.
>>
I'd love to cosplay with my boyfriend, but my boyfriend is super tall and kinda chub and I'm really short, so I havent really found anything fitting for us that we both like...
>>
>>8799644
>Cosplay love is best love
Who does the dishes tho?
>>
>>8800110
Ore Monogatari or Nozaki-kun
>>
File: Beetlejuice_2_68687.jpg (43KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Beetlejuice_2_68687.jpg
43KB, 600x300px
> everytime I see this thread
I'm 5"1 and would love to do this with anyone. Will never happen though.
>>
It depends. My boyfriend hates having pictures taken of him, so it's difficult to actually get him to do any sort of costume with me.

He finally gave way on Halloween, though! I mean, they were total Normie costumes, but this is one step closer to actually getting him to cosplay on the con floor with me 8T
>>
>>8800923
>>8799336
>swirl
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.